Speaker 1: Seven or two Polership Morning Show home of the Minnesota Vikings, Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota while Minnesota Go and Gophers and Ben Lever Hi, Hella, hello, time did you get home last night? She stopped by the bar.
Speaker 2: You're talking to me, Yeah, you're talking to me, Yeah, the same time you got home.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying, right, pretty early one day, it was awesome crazy huh.
Speaker 4: Well, the fact that.
Speaker 2: Man, I think we I think we arrived back what forty minutes earlier, forty five minutes earlier than we are expecting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 4: Well the game only took thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and family started it toned down because once they knew it was over.
Speaker 6: The Green Bay Packers just said just let's.
Speaker 4: Just hand it off to in men.
Speaker 6: Well, the Queen of the Galaxy had a couple of touchdowns and she had over one hundred yards, and Emmanuel.
Speaker 5: Just that should be dominated, Yes, that should be headlines that she played and did that.
Speaker 4: Well, well, she's the Queen of the Galaxy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember we used to play that song and Rosie Pretundity never heard it.
Speaker 4: Yeah I do.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, he's supporting Wood.
Speaker 6: Do you think we can still play that. I don't know, would we get would we get pinged? For the Emmanuel theme song?
Speaker 1: Play your cards right?
Speaker 5: You get pinged?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: God, when that would come.
Speaker 5: On, it was like, yeah, see boobs, you after after a loss.
Speaker 4: Well, it's Thanksgiving week, just said Rosie was sporting a woodie. Man, it's Giving week.
Speaker 1: I gotta find something makes me feel good. You know the other lady in that one movie about that one guy who's.
Speaker 4: The sheriff, the bird lady. No, would you.
Speaker 1: Just make me feel good?
Speaker 6: I think the only the only other guy can have Halle Berry in Monsters Ball, I'm the power Trip interpreter.
Speaker 4: The only he was referencing that's more horny.
Speaker 2: Than you right now is the guy sitting to my left, Mike Muskins.
Speaker 6: I must I'm almost always almost yeah yeah, yeah you really didn't, buddy.
Speaker 7: You're always thirsty all all sorts of ways. Oh yeah, absolutely. I mean it doesn't pan out, but whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: It's like in The Avengers when they're like, how do you deal with this hall case?
Speaker 8: Like I'm always angry, unless it's just like I'm always horning.
Speaker 4: I'm always horning.
Speaker 9: Yeah, morning man, freaking ruffalo, Yeah man, Ruffalo has ridges so good in Task.
Speaker 6: By the way, I'm not thrilled that they're bringing it back, but I hope they don't screw it up.
Speaker 4: No, they're not really. Yeah, they just announced the other day Tasks coming back. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I know, Task, yeah, man, but I don't know if I want to see Task land Land Man's outstanding.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I haven't started it again yet. It's really good too, man, it's real good, dude. Yeah, it's real good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then all these uh cell phone commercials were taking the American treasures and just throwing them out in the middle of nowhere to tell us about where you can actually get your T mobile or your AT and T oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah, because he's on the commercial, gotcha. Yeah.
Speaker 6: By the way, if you have Billy Bob Thornton, who was Bad Santa, yes, I mean he's been in a lot of other movies with swearing, But if you have Bad Santa doing a cell phone commercial, you don't say that he's going to open up a can of whoop up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, correct.
Speaker 6: The second he says whoop up, I'm come out, it's whoop ass. When Billy Bob would never say whoop up. It's the dumbest thing ever.
Speaker 4: Out in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 7: He's on some road, just walking and he's not smoking cigarette.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable, believable.
Speaker 6: You don't have a vial of Angelina Jolie's or Angelina Jolie's blood around his neck and he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Lady, they're not going to write walk right for a week exactly.
Speaker 7: And I know that, like Luke Wilson is actually from Dallas, but he does not seem like he's like this, I'm out West.
Speaker 4: Guy, right, Owen Wilson, But try doing a Luke Wilson me, m m hello, I'm here for at and t. Well. I grew up in Dallas. You've never heard him.
Speaker 5: Talk cowboys and cowboy butts, grab me nuts what?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Just do a karate catch job.
Speaker 8: That is Owen Wilson's signature line, which thank you, thank you, Max.
Speaker 4: Thank also pods.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, lie.
Speaker 4: Straight and lightning McQueen. No boy, I'm gonna hit this now.
Speaker 3: This is KFE News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six i I HF World Junior Championship.
Speaker 1: Yeah let's hear it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah baby, it's coming up quick.
Speaker 3: World Juniors m n two six dot com, Get your tickets, get your info, and make Saint Paul in Minneapolis your place to be this holiday season.
Speaker 4: God bless Billy, she's.
Speaker 7: Doing all bless and also with you.
Speaker 1: What about Billy, She's doing a three D concert film.
Speaker 4: M okaya? Oh no, cock, Maxill hold his hand please. You literally looked like a prenterator. What are you talking about, just sitting at the radio. The way you turned around and looked at becks.
Speaker 5: Please, Max, it was the scariest thing I've ever said.
Speaker 4: You pape his hands his chair.
Speaker 8: He does have his hands in his with a straight jacket out. He's trying to restrain himself. Backed me up back the way he just turns.
Speaker 4: On my back. I know exactly what that smile.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, record breaking travels expected.
Speaker 1: You would think I gave you the parts.
Speaker 6: She's doing a three D concert that's gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: Concert service released next year by Paramount Pictures.
Speaker 4: Heard he bought tickets?
Speaker 1: No, I was just telling you because I know he likes Billie Eilish.
Speaker 6: One of the best shows I've ever seen, and I'm not exaggerating. She was fantastic, great, She was so good. Why does Hawk like her.
Speaker 4: She's a great singer, great lyrics. Yeah mm hmmmm.
Speaker 1: A film captures Elish has hit Me Hard and soft tour.
Speaker 4: Can understand if you were shaking Hawk at the time. Yeah, can you do that? Hawk? He likes to be knocked around. Can you execute that? Just saying I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Record breaking travels expected for the week of Thanksgiving. According to Triple.
Speaker 10: A, about eighty million people across the country expected to travel for the holiday. Of people driving, roads will be packed all week, but the highest levels of congestion will be between noon and nine.
Speaker 6: Tamari Hey, speaking of travel, CNN had this kind of in depth piece the other day about like, look, we missed the boat when it comes to a high speed rail in the US. But they were laying out like four paths that would still be possible. You know, we can't do it all over the country, not in our lifetime at least. But one of the ones that I thought was interesting was basically like New York to Chicago is a path that they think is possible. And they explained why the rest of them are all like, you know, like San Francisco to La But I'm like, man that would be kind of cool. I don't know how it would help us much because we just have to get to Chicago. But it's just faster to fly to New York. I'm not driving to Chicago and then taking a six hour train. But I wish we had high speed rail in this country, just as an option.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'll never happen. No, I don't know. I think you have to.
Speaker 2: You have to fundamentally shift the culture of the United States. We're driving culture. I don't think you can change that. It's the best. Trains are the best. There's so much fun, so much when he was in Rise, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know why you have to make everything about sex. I wish you'd stop.
Speaker 4: You a good time good Yeah, a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: Must There's no nice way to say this. I'm just going to say it. You seem like an Amtrak kind of a guy.
Speaker 4: Hey, you would be good for you in the caboose twelve pack and hit the amtrack. Yeah, next album? Would you say six hours? Gonna need more than six hours from Chicago New York? I guess high speed rail.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's the title of your new podcast, Just twelve pack and an Amtrak you like, get on a train with must and you see what happens, and you record it and you post it.
Speaker 7: When you brought up travel, I thought, wow, okay, and he must be talking about the four and seven Minnesota Vikings book that January sixth vacation flight.
Speaker 8: Oh no, January sixth, January sixth, where are you going to be?
Speaker 4: This season is gone? Seasons? You don't have to do that.
Speaker 7: Yes, they got to come in and return all their equipment and do all that kind of thing to the exit interviews.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they're booking a trip to what the National Mall or the US Capitol or.
Speaker 4: Jordan Edison is loose on the White House.
Speaker 1: A woman who as a child stabbed her friend in an attempt to appease Sauce's exact opposite, is back in custody. Morgan guys Are apparently cut off a monitoring bracelet, left a group home in Wisconsin. She was found Sunday night at a truck stop in a small Illinois town just south of Chicago. Guyser had been in a mental institution since twenty fourteen. Judge earlier this year proved a conditional release plan that allowed her to live in a group home, and she had to wear a ankle monitor, but she cut it off. Remember that she was trying to appease Sauce's exact opposite slender Man.
Speaker 6: Duh man, that's Counties Loved slender.
Speaker 4: Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can't find a slender Man there.
Speaker 6: I'm trying not to defend my friends from Scounie, but I'm going to. You got to remember, Ben, Yeah, they're about ten years behind the rest of us, so like they're still just finding the Internet, right, They're still they're probably just now getting into things like Twitter and Instagram, so they are just learning about conspiracy theories. So they just haven't debunked Slenderman yet like the rest of us. So they're still all in. I just so just give them a couple of years. I'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear the rest of the story behind this. I wonder if she was running from, you know, just to get away, or if she was running towards someone. I wonder, what the.
Speaker 4: Heck the story is you screaming, mister, mister, I have no idea.
Speaker 6: Maybe she thought there was high speed rail in Chicago, so she was making her no ice.
Speaker 4: Man. I don't know, man, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know uh Duluth's name. He gets a new snowplow, the Big Laplowski, brilliant.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it, after holding a contest to name the plow, The reference to the nineteen eighty eight ninety eight comedy The Plow was unveiled the Friday evening during the Christmas City Parade. Great film, Christmas City.
Speaker 4: Great City.
Speaker 6: Were you still referencing the Big Lebowski or what were you saying?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. It was weird.
Speaker 6: He said Christmas City, and you go, great film. I'm sure there's a movie called Christmas So does that just.
Speaker 4: Mean you weren't listening the Hallmark channel. I'm it was just weird.
Speaker 6: Again, if we could play the audio back, it was and it was Christmas City.
Speaker 1: Great film.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a really weird way to react to that sentence, speaking of great films.
Speaker 1: A gold pocket watch that survived the sinking of the Titanic has sold from more than two point three million.
Speaker 4: Dollars at oction Geeze.
Speaker 1: The eighteen car Jewels Jurgensen watch, carried by first class passenger is dos Strauss, sold for the record breaking price in England on Saturday. The watch was recovered from his body after the ship sank on its maiden voyage in April twelve and nineteen twelve.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, what was the name again? Strauss is a door?
Speaker 1: Is a door?
Speaker 4: That's a guy named.
Speaker 1: Yeah Strauss and his wife Ada. We're depicted in the nineteen ninety seven film Titanic because the couple who refused to separate in their final moments and perished in the disaster that claimed.
Speaker 6: Fifty Then the maiden voyage is the key here. It's like you're taking off for the first time. It goes the wrong wing and you sink to the bottom of the ocean, just like this season for JJ McCarty, it's just work.
Speaker 1: Are you doing it?
Speaker 4: Not working?
Speaker 1: Why are you doing it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then that sexy old lady threw that diamond into the water, sexy oldly.
Speaker 4: No, I asked that on Friday. It just makes no sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that much money that's worth you got like grandkids and stuff.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 6: You banged some degenerate gambler, Yeah, ninety years ago, and you're get over yourself, lady.
Speaker 3: Okay, come on, I get it. Yeah, what she'll never be able to do better than that.
Speaker 4: I mean, has Zach said that's peak? Leo?
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean I wouldn't say peak, but he was.
Speaker 4: He's up there at the time, back in the day. Yeah, Zach, I.
Speaker 2: Don't see it. I don't see it. I don't see that. That's like, that's not your type. He's too much of a pretty boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You can do better, brother, Yeah, you can do better. We believe. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was watching Inception the other day. Good movie, excellent recap.
Speaker 4: Or yeah, don't tell us the other things you were doing.
Speaker 1: And lastly, Portland Trailblazer's head coach and Basketball Hall of Famer Chauncey Billups is expected to plead not guilty to federal charges accusing him accusing him of helping leer players unaware of what was going on and to rig the poker games. UH prosecutors say Billips was among the schemes alleged face cards, using his celebrity status to draw high stakes players to poker table set up with X ray technology and manipulated.
Speaker 4: Shuffling machines Lucky.
Speaker 1: The indictment alleges that the games were financed by organized crime families whom I believe are not guilty.
Speaker 4: Same, Yeah, same. I think they're great.
Speaker 1: The seventeen year NBA veteran in two thousand and four NBA Finals MVP.
Speaker 4: Is that right? Wow?
Speaker 1: I didn't really. It's one of thirty one defendants charts in the operation. None of them are Timberwolves.
Speaker 4: Well, thank god for that, Yeah, thank goodness.
Speaker 1: All are scheduled to appear in court Monday to face various counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering conspiracy.
Speaker 5: Pull your hands up, Corey, Would you explain why are fraud to me? Like I'm five, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'll talk over your headty there. I don't think I could have talked over a five year old head of meetzas Paul Lamberts still would have been like six foot seven.
Speaker 1: You'd have to go around it.
Speaker 4: Askiness question. That's it. It's the holiday season, guys. Not yet? Yeah, yeah, not quite? Not quite. No, Hey, when are you selling trees?
Speaker 2: Like the it's like twelfth or fourteenth, twelfth of December you're selling trees?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Can I get it?
Speaker 4: Can I get an O?
Speaker 6: Or?
Speaker 4: Oh? Oh Christmas trees? Oh Christmas tree?
Speaker 2: Yes at our school Christmas tree lot, our lead of grace go check it out the nice fundraiser.
Speaker 4: Do you guys have plastic trees?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, we got all your sort of trees of all different sizes, different kinds. We've got balsam firs, Fraser first, we've got something blue fur?
Speaker 4: You got We've got beaver fur? Yes, yes, got it?
Speaker 5: Yank, you sound like a pre.
Speaker 2: You're trying to take advantage of somebody else's wife.
Speaker 4: No, you were. You even get the way, Yeah, you even set it up.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, you saw damsel in distress that happened to be married to mister irrelevant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's sick of feeling like missus irrelevance.
Speaker 4: Somebody else's household predator.
Speaker 6: Wow, hey, quick update that making are you drown? Are seeking quick update? If you were listening to the Power to Morning Show last week and maybe most of Common's show, you would have noticed that on the sixty four dot com we're in this bracket for the like the best sports talk radio podcast in America. The Power To Morning Show destroyed Petros and money in round one.
Speaker 4: We're moving on to go. Guys had the voter results like how much should we win? By it? I didn't see that.
Speaker 6: Uh, Common beat Carshon Anderson, so Common's moving on and Paul Allen beat Colin Coward so wow. So there were there were three KFN shows in the bracket, all three of them moving on. So in the next next round, the Power Trip Morning Show takes on The Morning Show with Boomer and Geo Boom.
Speaker 4: Big Show out of New York.
Speaker 6: Uh. Common takes on something called the Pivot Podcast.
Speaker 4: Not sure what that is.
Speaker 6: PA takes on Dan Patrick in round two. How about Pia going Colin Coward into Dan Patrick?
Speaker 4: Good luck?
Speaker 6: But if the Power Trip wins and Common wins, we square off in the next round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have to see that. Yeah, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 6: So the the kfean lineup three and oh stop trying to do predatorsel take that petros in money. At the beginning of that print song, fill sauce, would you like to talk sports when we come back?
Speaker 4: What Corlis?
Speaker 6: I would love to Could you explain sports to me like I'm five when we get back, Yes, sport to a team event or a solo event where you are there's a goal and you try to meet that goal. Oh my god, break Yeah that was like I'm sorry, yeah, pray prin speak quiet we're not meeting our goals on this show right now. Sports is next with Sauce on the fan.
Speaker 4: Gear up for winter at the Saint Paul Ice Fishing and Winter.
Speaker 3: Sports Show December fifth through the seventh at Rivers Center. Over one hundred and ninety exhibitors, huge giveaways, building a twenty four thousand dollars ice castle, and experts seminars.
Speaker 4: Enter for your chance winning.
Speaker 3: Family four pack of tickets today on our contest page.
Speaker 4: It's KFE dot com. You were contests. I love ice fishing, do you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely? Are you kidding me? It's a blast. I've never been.
Speaker 1: I've never had.
Speaker 4: It's nice and heat wa And then you get the TV on.
Speaker 7: You're watching like old Hogan's Heroes episodes.
Speaker 4: That's not a great job of watching the bomber really just having some bears staring in holes.
Speaker 2: Well, the way I understand it, the way that people do it around around these parts, these here parts. There are obviously some old school ice fishermen, because I see them on our lake where they're just sitting on a bucket. Right, That's that's some real way to some real love. Yeah, it seems like most everybody else it's hardly fishing. You sit in Yeah, you sit in a nice heated enclosure. You have a TV. You've got food in there, all your snacks. You have a a machine that drops down a probe that basically tells you where the fish off.
Speaker 4: It's got a camera that shows you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you just drop your line in front of the fish's face and then you sit back and wait for your thing to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you pull up on the rod. And then when you want.
Speaker 7: To go to sleep, you just put up the rattle reel. It's up on the wall and so that way, when a fish gets on the rattle reel like makes a noise, and so then they wake up, pull the line out, and get your fish back to sleep.
Speaker 4: It's fantastic.
Speaker 2: It is the truest form of catching versus fishing. There is that, But there's literally no fishing. That's there's no sport of fishing. And timing is everything.
Speaker 4: On it though? Is that right?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because they'll be flowing through like at certain times of the morning or in the evening, and so then there's other times where you're just you know, you're just getting skonked and you're just sitting there getting skonked.
Speaker 3: It seems difficult, But you just said you went to bed with the line in, so you just can have a line in the entire time. So where's the sport and that?
Speaker 4: What do you mean, where's the sport in that?
Speaker 3: You still you just said you defended it by saying, well, there's the you know, there's the timing of it.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, if it's in there all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, I must I believe you. I've never done it, but it sounds like something that out of believe.
Speaker 4: It's a blast.
Speaker 6: Yes, sure, out outside it's an.
Speaker 7: Excuse want to be cold, it's an excuse to drink. Yeah, it's like drinking in your garage. But you're must.
Speaker 4: Just beyond excuses. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that that dudes came up with a outdoor sport away from the house in the winter time that gets them away from the family and the wife. Absolutely, and it's been legitimized by an industry. Yes, yeah, it's genius. I'm not I'm not hating on I think it's genius.
Speaker 4: You guys have your thing and people can have theirs. Yeah, we all have a thing. Judgi have fun.
Speaker 6: Must don't you think it's gonna be good practice though, to go sit on a bucket, because eventually you can hold up a sound that says god, bless anything else?
Speaker 1: My God?
Speaker 4: What have you heard nothing from here?
Speaker 6: Your monster of a wife is now. She knows your planning and she wants you out.
Speaker 4: Hello. Hi, She's got a terrible voice. She needs to stop smoking. She sounds sauce. Would you like to do sports man? I would love to.
Speaker 8: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 5: The Vikings lost yesterday twenty three to six to the Packers. We can talk all about that in Vikings News next segment. They also will battle the Seahawks a week from yesterday in Seattle at three oh five pregame at one. The Seahawks are a nine and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: Wow, how do we feel about that spread?
Speaker 4: I thought it'd be larvel digits too. That's why I might get to that by the end. That's what I'm asking. I'm surprised it's in the single digit.
Speaker 1: And again, I mean, we haven't reported enough. We lost our left tackle and left guard. I don't know if they're out for the week, or how bad it is here.
Speaker 2: I mean here we are celebrating the fact that, hey, all of our starting five are finally playing together.
Speaker 4: This is great.
Speaker 2: And then the end of the game, the left side of our offensive line is injured.
Speaker 6: And the first McCarthy interception, if you want to blame somebody besides McCarthy's right school gets absolutely schooled. And then was it Parsons got a hand on the ball. Gary Gary, Okay, Gary got a hand on the ball and the ball kind of came out sideways and gets picked off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it should go down the stat books, but it's like, how do you how do you chip a guy? You chipped the guy and he still ran around you with enough speed and timing to affect the quarterback and actually hit his arm.
Speaker 4: I don't know it was Mike actually made darrisaw a little bit of his B word. Yeah I did, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 7: Two of his sacks came against Daris got him on the inside, rip, got him on the outside speed rush.
Speaker 2: He's talented man, that he It is a monster. The Seahawks have won five of six. The only game they've lost is by two to the best team in the NFL.
Speaker 4: The Rams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, that's why I'm I'm a little surprised it's not a double digit spread at this point. Watching the way they've played, watching the way we've played, it doesn't really matter. I mean, we can go out there and you know, you know, we can pull a Detroit Lyons sort of thing, but it's going to take a monumental effort. I mean literally, we're going to turn the Titanic around, you know, one to eighty and be like, oh, we're a completely different team in six days.
Speaker 1: Well, if any defense knows how to beat that quarterback, you'd be this one, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, but the Rams game was the only game that he actually looked like Sam donold well that last same games that he played for us. And you look at the formula that the Rams have have always had, you know, this new, this new like revamped, youthful Rams defense.
Speaker 4: We don't have those, dudes.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like schematically, you can maybe try to emulate some of the things they did coverage wise, but you can't just you can't just drop and manufacture the type of defensive line that they have, Like we don't. Our guys haven't proven to do that the whole year, solus. Yeah, I'd love to get into Sam Darnold's face and affect the way that he plays and you know, hurry up his process and makes it make him like make some errant throws.
Speaker 4: But we haven't really been able to do that.
Speaker 1: We also need an offense that would make it.
Speaker 2: Matter, correct, Yeah, we have to play with a lead, like we have to put stress on them by scoring points, which again we haven't done.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: Let's just keep it positive though for a second.
Speaker 6: If the Packers go on to win the Super Bowl, JJ McCarthy did lead the Vikings down the field for a field goal and we technically leve the future Super Bowl champions three to nothing.
Speaker 4: Well, so missus doubtfires here. So that's something right now.
Speaker 1: If the playoffs started tomorrow and they don't, the Rams would be the number one seed in the NFC and he would be the number one seed in the AFC.
Speaker 4: The pat that's right, yeah, yeah, because they won again is nine and ten and two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the Rams and the Patriots would have the first round by and here's the rest of the seeds. This must have been Could it still be this way? November twenty third, Yeah, I wonder how early. I wonder if this before the Eagles game into because they have the Eagles at number two, the Bears number three, the Buccaneers at number four, but dude hurt his shoulder yesterday, right h left shoulder? Yeah, Seahawks number five, and the Packers a number six, and the forty nine Ers at number seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Over the AFC, you got, as I said, the Patriots number one, then you got the Denver number two.
Speaker 4: How weird is that?
Speaker 1: By the way, India number three, but at disappointing loss for them yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah they Yeah, they should have won that game.
Speaker 1: Baltimore, Yeah, Baltimore number four, Chargers at number five, Jacksonville and number six.
Speaker 4: Wow, how about that? What a weird year this, I know, Yeah, very weird.
Speaker 1: Buffalo barely getting in at number.
Speaker 4: Seven, surprising.
Speaker 1: Everything about everything I just said is surprising. The Bears at number three over there, are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: And all the way down to ten in the AFC, the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know about you guys, but the NFC seems like the stronger of the conference. Yea sure, yeah, although I would love to see a Rams New England matchup in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Brady Bowl again, right, the the big upset way back in the day, wasn't it Rams Patriots.
Speaker 1: When the Great Show on Turf was happening?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, way way all the way back then. Yeah, one oh two. Yeah, I suppose you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't see Indianapolis find a way in. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know their style of their style of ball is kind of fundable. Yeah, I think about this, Hey, Maxo, can you put a number on this. If if the Patriot won a Super Bowl in about ten months from now, how many little Stefan digs would we see that?
Speaker 4: Bet be over? Bet? They have their next dynasty already. They're gonna have twenty two.
Speaker 8: I mean they're gonna have twenty two, eleven on offense and eleven on defense.
Speaker 4: After that camera, did he just get engaged to Cardi B.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's got like like three other kids coming like the same time.
Speaker 4: She's gonna have literally.
Speaker 8: Yeah, him and Nick Cannon is going to be the Peyton Manning and Tom Brady rivalry of our day.
Speaker 6: It's like when you're on a deserted island, though, and you throw a message in a bottle you don't expect all of the bottles to be found, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Tell yeah, those are the ones he knows about, right boy, right, tell.
Speaker 1: Me about the Wolves real quick.
Speaker 5: The Wolves play tonight. They battled the Kings at nine. That game will be joined on the fan halftime of the Monday night game, which is the Niners and the Panthers. The Wild won three nothing and the Gophers went winless on the road this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, the Wild, they're doing crazy things again.
Speaker 6: Yes, re Volstead three shutouts in his last four games. He leads the NHL with three shutouts.
Speaker 4: The Wild.
Speaker 6: They're nine one and one in their last eleven and they have scored first in their last twelve games. They're just the fifth team in the last thirty years to do that. Wow, twelve straight games they've scored first. The Wall in Saint Paul Panna and he yes, Provolstead is six h to two with a one point nine to four goals against average.
Speaker 4: He's twenty three years old.
Speaker 1: He's twenty three years old. Ye, I didn't know that party.
Speaker 6: He was our first rounder like he was a baby essentially, and struggled down in the minors. But as Zach and some other people that follow Hockey have pointed out it might have just been the team in front of him, because it looks like he's a frequent He's got oh yeah, good players in front of him.
Speaker 4: He's great, So Zach goes, is he technically our number two?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean technically yes, and I think going into the season for sure. But the way he's been playing, it's definitely looking more like a rotation because Gus, by the way, for his part, has been playing really really well too.
Speaker 4: So the great thing is if you got two good goalies, you have two.
Speaker 3: Good goalies in the NHL, and they are playing really nice with each other. They both love the fact that they can depend on each other, and it's it's a really good locker room right now, which is crazy to say.
Speaker 4: We're considering where we were just a few weeks ago.
Speaker 11: Well let's go man, well said, that's how he's got something right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Carell scored is thirteenth.
Speaker 6: All right, Vikings News In a second, we'll break it down with Ben Leeber after this.
Speaker 4: On the fan.
Speaker 3: Shields Toys for Tots Eden Prairie, Tuesday, December second, starts at five thirty in the morning, goes till six thirty at night. It's our annual broadcast presented by Unreal, So be sure to make plans to join us out and eat in Prairie Tuesday Day, December second, Bring a toy, spread some joy, and if one of the first fifty donors each show, you'll score a sweet kfan in real winter. Be any more details at kfean dot com slash toys.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's about to morning, so I know you woke up feeling rough, but that's okay, that's right. There's always tomorrow, and the water doing great according to these guys, and there's ice fishing according to Mussman, who we missed your birthday last week.
Speaker 6: Mister Mussman, Oh we loved you, but thank you, buddy, have old you now fifty three fifty three years old.
Speaker 4: A nice little celebration at laundry. Oh yeah, oh it's fantastic. Yeah, it looks awesome. It is so awesome.
Speaker 7: Food's great and it was just a lot of fun. And so my brother golf place. Yes, okay, got it. My brother is on the nineteenth, I'm the eighteenth of November our birthdays, and so we always try to get together and do that. So we had a bunch of friends and it was just an absolute bless same year.
Speaker 6: So you guys were born one day apart. You guys like twins where one of you was born at like eleven fifty five and the other I was like twelve.
Speaker 4: Or five am, just by eleven years difference. Eleven years difference. Your parents only had one day that they banged.
Speaker 8: Yeah, one very specific day that they banged, like Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: Why God, Norma, Actually, yeah, I think about that. I think I just get the one day too. Damn it. It's a really long gestation period for your mom. Yeah. Oh yeah, yeah, I wasn't ready like an elephant on stereoids eleven years. Do you see our guy Nate? No, so he had a friends giving? Oh so yeah, come on, what the hell is that Nate?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Friends? Yeah, Nate runs that place. Yeah yeah he's the best. I love that guy. But yeah, so, yeah, they had a friends giving.
Speaker 7: Friends giving. They get together every year and have a Thanksgiving. But it's just friends.
Speaker 4: No idea what that means people you hang out. I've never heard of friends show. That's true. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey check it out. I know we're gonna vices real quick. Thanks to our friends Raco. Did you guys see that Pete Carroll fired Chip Kelly last night?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 1: Did you know that Chip Kelly was his offensive coordinator? Did you know that he was the highest paid offensive coordinator in the league?
Speaker 4: Nope? Sez maybe what twelve games? Yeah? Fired? Fired?
Speaker 5: I think I saw the stat that they've scored like fifty three points in eight games.
Speaker 1: They're two and nine.
Speaker 6: Hey, I wonder if we already have a Tom Brady is a Michael's Jordan kind of a situation where didn't we hear that Brady was like, we ain't signing Donald.
Speaker 4: I don't want Donald?
Speaker 6: Yeah right, yeah, yeah with Gino Smith and Gino Smith's been a disaster and Sam Donald's been awesome. I wonder if it's gonna be one of those things where Jordan as a front office guy too, was just terrible. Sometimes the greats just can't do it. Yeah, when they're not on the field. Wizards were really good, right, But like the Bob Katz or whatever in the Hornets or whatever, Like, I wonder if Brady's going.
Speaker 4: To be the same thing where he's just he's, you.
Speaker 6: Know, just too confident in his scouting abilities and he's just going to be a terrible front office guy.
Speaker 4: If he has a lot of saying it sounds like he's going to the door.
Speaker 2: Or I mean, would Sam Darnald be Sam Donald if he was under Chip Kelly's offense?
Speaker 4: Fair, We'll never know, good question.
Speaker 8: Luckily for Tom there's president in that Raiders organization as well.
Speaker 4: They're terrible and they've been terrible my whole.
Speaker 6: Life, and Gino was not. Gino was pretty solid in Seattle. Yeah Righty resurrected his career, made a lot of money, played well, he was good and now he looks like as again.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, six million dollars a year they were paying him to be the offensive coordinator?
Speaker 4: Wow? Really they were?
Speaker 1: Yeh six mil? Yeah? Coach college for last.
Speaker 5: Well was Oregon and then he was the Ohio State offensive coordinator. I think he was also at U c l A. He's been a lot of places.
Speaker 6: If you made six million dollars a year being the offensive coordinator in Las Vegas, Nevada, that can pay for like seven bottles of water, yeah right, and maybe two breakfast buffets tops.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and if you're not careful, you have to borrow Muss's bucket, play some.
Speaker 4: Drums on it.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say that that guy that plays drums right outside of Planet Hollywood, that guy actually shreds on the buck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't make eye contact with him because then, oh yeah, they get pissed, they get pissed. Oh you can't listen. My ears are right here.
Speaker 6: And that guy that plays the drums right outside of Planet Hollywood. There's also a magic show there a lot of the time. So sometimes it's a guy drumming while a guy's doing slight a hand and I don't know who I'm supposed to pay.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to go inside a game. THHC.
Speaker 6: I don't think so. There's a magic show right there too, same entrance sauce. You ready, Yeah, let's do a Viking snooze.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Did you guys know that Chip Kelly was the Eagles head coach for two seasons, then the Niners coach.
Speaker 4: I don't remember him. I don't know. I don't remember him coach all Year twenty sixteen head coach. I don't remember that series, all right?
Speaker 6: Do you guys want positivity or negativity about the Vikings game?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Where could you find where? Do you want to start. Yeah, yeah, there's only one positive.
Speaker 6: Will Rekert hit field goals of fifty two and fifty nine. He is now the first player in NFL history to have four field goals of fifty nine or more in one season. Wow, that's a hell of a stat right, Yeah, first guys talent four or more from fifty nine plus in the same season. He's the best draft pick they've ever drafted. You mean crazy so far?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, so this regime, it's he's the best pick they've ever had.
Speaker 4: Probably true.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's a really compelling argument that she's the most productive for sure.
Speaker 4: Who else is even in the conversation Addison, Addison, Yeah, Addison, Donovan Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Addison unfortunately is a product of like, you gotta have a guy that can get you the ball.
Speaker 4: We all know that he's talented, but you gotta have a guy that can throw to you.
Speaker 6: All right, So, Reiker, it's awesome. That's the positivity. Here's the negativity. We all know that, you know, we're debating how many yards or whatever, but four yards right net offense in the second half. You always love when this kind of a stat throws gets thrown out, and then ESPN dot com or whatever service you're reading has to throw this little disclaimer at the end. The Vikings hadn't finished a half, any half with as few as four yards since at least nineteen ninety one. And the reason why they say at least nineteen ninety one is Sports Radars research only goes back to nineteen ninety one. God, so the way that they track those kinds of stats. I'm sure somebody could go through box scores or whatever, but sure there is a less deeckle year, right, But the system that they use, the whatever the computer program they use at sports Radar does not go back for than nineteen ninety one for that, So that's how bad four yards for an entire half is.
Speaker 4: And only the second gear that they did not score a touchdown?
Speaker 6: This were we what you guys were following it more closely than I was. Were we something like minus seventeen at one point in the second half?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was worse than.
Speaker 7: T minus ten in the uh it would have been yarded you mean yeah yeah yeah in the third quarter yeah, yeah, early yeah, third quarter, yeah you must yeah, we have this.
Speaker 6: Is the record, Like, how close were we from just breaking the record for worst half in the history of the NFL.
Speaker 4: That I don't know.
Speaker 7: All I know is that they went basically three three and outs in a row from the third quarter into the fourth, that all coming after the ball hits price and then that turned over there and then after we get those three three and outs, we go pick pick, So our processions were horrid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So let me go through. This is what the drive summary looks like. Starting the third quarter, punt two yards, punt minus twelve yards, three plays minus seventeen yards, one play interception zero yards, five plays interception twenty six yards.
Speaker 4: That's it. That was the second half.
Speaker 1: Idios question for you, Ben, Yes, we all know how devastating the punt situation was.
Speaker 4: Yes, did we did?
Speaker 1: Was that the key turn of events in the game. Did we have a chance until that happened? In your opinion?
Speaker 4: I think so? Well?
Speaker 1: I felt the same way.
Speaker 4: I mean that was that was early in the third quarter.
Speaker 2: I mean that was right after the we get a stop offensively, you know, we stopped their offense, they punt. Why wouldn't we have a chance the way the way that the first half played, it was kind of nearly identical game plans, that we were both running the ball with some success. Quarterbacks were making enough throws. I mean, Jordan loved more so than our guy. But the game was within reach. I mean, there were no reason why you go into halftime thinking like, oh our dobber's down, Like, oh man, we're gonna lose this game. Like no, you come out in the second half ready to go, like, oh my gosh, we're gonna pull this up. We're gonna we're gonna beat Green Bay in Lambeau, like this is gonna be great, and we have one mishap and then it just cascades negativity for the rest of the game.
Speaker 6: So break it down for those of us who didn't play football, give me the the Miles price blame versus just a bad luck and a bad bounce, Like how much of that was his fault?
Speaker 4: And how much of that is just bad luck?
Speaker 2: A lot of it's just bad luck. I mean, it's not a bad The thing is like, it's not a bad His thought process I think was somewhat correct. Now he just has to understand the spatial awareness of where he's at. If you're gonna call for a fair catch and then do that whole like bluff and then let you know the ball is going to bounce behind you. First of all, you have to give yourself more space to do that. You can't be four yards away from the ball and then try to pick up that most dangerous man block. That's not the that's not a terrible technique. I mean, if you see a guy screaming down, if he beats the gunner and you know you're gonna let the ball bounce inside the ten yard line, we don't want that guy to down it close to the goal line. So the idea is and you are taught to like hit that guy, disrupt him. So if the ball does bounce, hopefully it takes a friendly bounce, goes in the end zone.
Speaker 4: You just can't do with that close.
Speaker 2: You can't take you know, three steps away from the ball's gonna bounce and then engage the guy and then and then get beasted and pushed into the ball.
Speaker 4: That's the other thing.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, if you're gonna hit the guy, hit the damn guy, right, I mean, play with some physicality. So I don't I don't think that his thought process was wrong as far as trying to disrupt that guy.
Speaker 4: He just didn't execute the way he're supposed to. Is he on the brink of losing his job?
Speaker 6: Because here's why, you know, like PGA always says, the ball is the program, right. Yeah. A couple of weeks ago we had two fumbles. Luckily I think that they got one of them back. But now this is what three fumbles for him in the last is it three weeks?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we all know he's electric and kind of dynamic when he gets his hands on it. He's been kind of solid. He's been better than solid, but can't bumble punts and kick retounts and stuff like. That's kind of the main job is hold onto the ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what do we do with him? I don't know, you know, because it's like you do.
Speaker 2: We start looking at these things and I think KOs even said is like the margin for air for this team is razor thin, which sucks because you don't want to tell these guys you have to play perfect. You want guys to go out there and play with reckless, abandon and even your returner. You're like, you have speed, you have talent, you have innate instincts, use them, don't think about don't overthink it. Like, I can't make mistakes. That's when you make mistakes. So I would say, I don't think that you're gonna you're gonna send the right message. If you bench a guy like that, he does give you some field position, he does give you a little juice. He is still young. Hopefully he keeps learning from his mistakes. But again, this is a season where you try to develop. At this point in the season, you're trying to develop a lot of guys. You're not just trying to develop just your quarterback. You're trying to see what you have in a lot of young guys. So I say you continue to play him unless he just continues to make catastrophic mistakes, then you might just be like, Okay, if everybody else is doing their jobs and you're the guy not doing your job, then we got to take you off the field. So I say you give him, you know, another chance, another couple of chances. But he's definitely on thin ice, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: I'd love to ask you about JJ McCarthy here and now I heard your doggy style theory.
Speaker 4: Sure really here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, maybe terrible analogy, but that's you know whatever.
Speaker 7: But here's the thing is that I agree in that same kind of k nine vein there is that I think he has to start in Seattle, But I think that has to be very very short. If he's not making passes, if he's throwing these errant passes, he's throwing a pick. Let's bring in Max. And what's terrifying me right now because I'm a huge JJ McCarthy fan, has leg all of us in this room, we're all talking about how much we really want him to be the guy. But the thing is is that you got your quarterback whisperer. Look at all the things that Koc has done. Darnald Cousins, turned his career und Dobbs. Yeah, yeah, he found a way to get to these guys, to get the most out of them, and he can't get it from JJ.
Speaker 4: I mean, so maybe it's not.
Speaker 2: Koc may aj the ain't it. I mean, the thing is, that's all of that's possible. I still think the sample size is way too way too small to be like, this is this is who he is, this is what he is he's done. I still think you have to give him opportunities to see if he's the guy. Now it gets troublesome and It gets tricky because you do have to think about the locker room. You do have to think about the rest of the guys in the team. You know, it's one thing. If the organization, the coaching staff believes in a player, it can be any player. This just happens to me, the most important player on the team. If there's a disconnect between how the players feel about him right and the way the coaches from the organization feels about him, then you got.
Speaker 4: Some probs because you got to go out.
Speaker 2: There with a lot of confidence in faith and the guys that you're playing next to, and if the guys on the offense, the guys that are actually playing blocking for him, trying to catch balls for him, run the ball for him, if they start to lose faith and they feel like that check's.
Speaker 4: Been written and it's like nope, yeah, they're doing their jobs. They're doing their jobs. And then it's like, you know, I don't. It doesn't matter what a coach says. You know, you can't. You can't tell these guys to be robotic mentally. You can't program messages in their head and be like yes, Sarah, we believe you. No, like they they see and feel the same things that all of us see and feel. So if they go through the course of practice and all these all these preparation weeks and and they're losing faith, then you got a problem. But if they but if they still feel like especially the leaders on the team of Aaron Jones and Justin Jefferson and Ryan Kelly and are In you know, some of our veterans in the offense like Brian, and if they all feel like, no, guys, guys, he's we still we got you, we got your back, like we still believe, then then you ride with him.
Speaker 7: Thicker thin And it's so frustrating because you see like that past a nineteen yard reception to Jets, beautiful pass in the first half. Yeah, absolutely gorgeous, and you're like, Okay, this kid can do it.
Speaker 4: But I think most of this is all between.
Speaker 2: Throwing to his left, yes, you know, Orlowski he threw to his left.
Speaker 4: Neurological pathways. He's been working on that show since Tuesday.
Speaker 7: This is all in this kid's head because he does I mean it probably when he was in college, in high school and everything that he was just a better athlete than most, you know what I mean, overcome that now he's playing in the NFL and everybody is good.
Speaker 2: I know, I know it's it's hard, and I'm not trying to defend I'm not trying to defend him at all, like for his his performances the last couple of weeks. But you can't tell me that you don't you don't win a national championship at Michigan and say that you're you don't know how to play the quarterback position. Right, he knows how to play. It's a somehow, some way. We have to find a way to get him to play more free more like stop thinking about all these little tiny minute mechanical issues and all the like.
Speaker 4: Just just man your dog like normal people.
Speaker 2: You know, if you've got to break, if you've got to break the pocket prematurely just to just to free your mind and get your body out of this out of this rut of being mechanical the whole time, then do it.
Speaker 4: Just find ways to make plays.
Speaker 2: I don't care if you've got to use your legs and scramble for a little bit, like just move the chains, find some rhythm. But we say the same crap every week that he's been playing, and it's just not working out.
Speaker 4: It's not inlike DT. We're in college. He was just a better athlete than most Carol.
Speaker 11: Thompson, no Thomas No, yeah, a better athlete than most on the field, double tots.
Speaker 7: You know it's taking a little longer for him.
Speaker 6: We'll go around the NFL during Fan five a second. We'll see what else Ben thinks about football. This is Morning Joe on