Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassay for Dodger talking nothing but first class. When you're with the man himself, freshly traded from the Tampa Bay Rays back to where he belongs, the LA Dodgers, and he's behind the plate tonight catching Roki Sasaki. That's the one and only Hunter Fiducca Fetti, thanks a lot for the time. Great to have you back.
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm happy to be back.
Speaker 1: I guess Austin Barnes doesn't watch a lot of Dodger games, because he was watching the other day and he said, wait, what, Fetti's back. So now that Barnes is aware that you're back, I guess that's all good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm so waiting for the text from him. I should be here any any moment now. But yeah, I miss that guy.
Speaker 1: What's it been like for you? Is it still surreal to be back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you know it's at this but at the same time, it feels like I haven't missed much. You know, the guys were very welcoming when I when I got here, you know, kind of picked up where it left off. So you know, I'm excited to be back with these guys and you know, they got a good thing going, so I'm excited to help out any way I can.
Speaker 1: Is that how it felt. Maybe you don't see a guy from college for ten years and then you see him and you pick up right where you left off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's a good way to put it, honestly. You know, we spent a lot of hours together on the field and just bonding in general, so you know, a year doesn't take much off of it. So yeah, when I got back, it felt like I haven't I haven't missed too much, So that's good.
Speaker 1: Is it a crash course when it comes to some of these pictures or is it because you understand the method, the process as far as the game planning, Does it matter that you haven't really caught Rokie before?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know I caught his bullpen the other day. You know, beforehand probably caught him a handful of times, so you know, not much has changed from that aspect. And you know, just being with the race for a while and you know, having to kind of lead a staff, it's helped out a lot with game planning and just getting comfortable in that sense.
Speaker 2: But you know, I feel comfortable for the most part.
Speaker 3: Obviously, there's a little stuff here and there that need to pick up on and learn along the way, But I don't think it's going to take too much time.
Speaker 2: Hopefully.
Speaker 1: Hunter Fiduccia is our guest. He has a clean shaven upper lip. Now you shaved the stash. That thing was looking pretty nice over there, I mean Ted Lasso's back and you shave the stash.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know where that came about.
Speaker 3: I think it was like two am in the morning when I when I got in after getting traded.
Speaker 2: And thought, you know, I had to change something up.
Speaker 3: So here I am fresh, fresh, new team, fresh shave, So here goes nothing.
Speaker 1: Does it feel like when you came back to the Dodgers and when you were first traded? Obviously he's still trying to prove yourself in the big leagues. Now you've done that, you've established that. Does it feel like you left kind of like a boy and now you're a man that you came back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, like you said there, I think there's still some more to prove, you know, but developing more. As you know, I've been the Bigs a little longer, you know, it has helped out a lot with being comfortable and you know, working with pitchers and you know, with the staff and Tampa having a lot of veteran arms, you know, picking up on a lot of a lot of stuff from them and how they approach certain at bats and hitters, and you know.
Speaker 2: I feel a lot more well rounded as as a catcher for sure and ballplayer.
Speaker 1: I got to ask you this, Shane McClanahan. I mean, he's such a powerful pitcher. We know him from starting the All Star Game against Krushaw in LA. But what's it like to be a teammate to be behind the plate when mcclanahan's pitching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's it's as advertised how you see it on TV.
Speaker 2: It's it's truly a special arm.
Speaker 3: It was fun getting to work with him, and you know, especially after you know the injuries he's went through, seeing how he bounced back and has developed his arm, it's truly impressive.
Speaker 1: All right, Before I let you go, Ben Rotfitz, the first thing he said to me was, it's so weird. You guys were treated for each other and now your finally teammates. What are your first impressions of the legend that is Ben Roartvett.
Speaker 3: He's the man you know, I heard a lot of stories in the past about him, never really knew him, but you know, when I saw him for the first time in Chicago, it's like we've known each other for a long time. It's a weird feeling, but now it's been awesome so far. You know, he's been helpful too. It's some of the pictures I haven't caught before, and you know, he's had some time here and got to build relationships with some of the pictures. So he's been super helpful. And looking forward to get to know him a little better and working with them all right.
Speaker 1: Well, great to have both you and Ben back with the Dodgers. Good luck tonight with Rokie and it's a good night to get a win.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's do it. Thank you.