Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Oh yea.
Speaker 4: It is our duty not just to entertain, but to transform men's souls.
Speaker 5: Patros Money five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: No Doubt Your Baseball till Friday.
Speaker 5: That will be Game one of the twenty twenty five World Series from the Galpin Motors Broadcast Booth. It will either be played here if Seattle wins this Game seven, or it will be played there in Toronto Game one. If they win this game seven, Toronto one more win than the Dodgers, so they would host the first two and the last two if needed, Dodgers would have the three in the middle for Toronto. Otherwise they will host one and two. Three in the middle go to Seattle. So that'll happen on Friday. Between now and then short a lot of play by play coming your way, including tonight it's seven PMP with Money Night football.
Speaker 4: Yes, Texans Seattle tonight. I know a lot of people are hustling to get to that one. So no Dodger Talk seven o'clock Texans versus Seattle. There's two NFL games tonight, one of them is going to be on this station, and then tomorrow we'll do a four hour show. Like you said, a big thank you to Dave Roberts who joined us made it awesome in the first hour. We'll talk to Jim Bowden in the very next segment, and then Daniel Jeremiah is going to join the show and we'll have some se notre Dame talk and we'll have a top story of the day. So a lot going on, a lot of dishes to wash, I say until seven o'clock, and a big thank you to the reluctantly here fully functional employee Adam of now that he's a national radio host, seems like he's a little too above hitting the buttons.
Speaker 6: He's got two hours and fifty two minutes left home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, count it down. I hope you're doing okay.
Speaker 7: You do?
Speaker 2: Did you do? Rogan and Rodney earlier at him for like forty five minutes.
Speaker 6: No, I was here on the board, and I don't know if they knew I was here on the board, so they didn't utilize.
Speaker 5: Me, right, gotcha?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But he sat there for Rogan and Rodney for three hours, which is like being an editor in an edit bay, where your face turns, you know, to like an old man, you know, like when you chose poorly in the Last Crusade, you get old right away, and then your body turns into a bunch of bones and slams against the wall. I thought your brain just turned into suit.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's the that's the melting non see.
Speaker 4: Then that's just when Fred when he's with a co host.
Speaker 2: That's ah, that's yeah, I got you. That's one half of the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is time though, now, Matt, I think you mentioned this. It was you, or maybe it was I think it was you, But it is time for the word of the day.
Speaker 1: I mean his words the word of the day.
Speaker 3: They just won't have it anymore, Matt.
Speaker 4: They're just they're too many tortillas flying and it's become a huge problem. They used to throw tortillas around in Lubbock, Texas and Texas Tech games when somebody scored a touchdown, could be you could be the opponent, but the tortillas would fly. And now the Big Twelve and Brett your mark, the Big Twelve commissioner, they are trying hard to crack down on the tortillas flying. They are fining, they are giving fifteen yard flags. What is it, fifty thousand dollars per tortilla, fifty k if the tortillas fly. The tortillas did not fly at Arizona State, even though Texas Tech lost their first Big twelve game, first game of the year actually, but their first conference game they lost. They have Oklahoma State coming up at home and they're going to beat Oklahoma State even if the tortillas fly. But Kirby hoe Cut, Texas Tech athletic director and now the overseer of the highest payroll in the nil college football world, Texas Tech got some big money A and M like money, and they have a really good looking team this year, and up until last Saturday, they'd won every game by a big margin. I mean, they even beat the crap out of Houston, who's doing a great job into Big twelve this year. But here's our guy, Kirby hoe Cut, pleading with the people of Lubbock.
Speaker 3: No more tortillas.
Speaker 8: The stakes are too high and we need to help not risk penalizing our team again for throwing tortillas. Simply let's not do it. The situation is on me. I leaned into this of throwing tortillas at the beginning of the football season. Now I must ask everyone to stop myself, ask our staff to enforce.
Speaker 2: It on game days.
Speaker 8: I close and we'll turn it over to coach maguire, asking our students and our fans to continue to make Jones at and T Stadium the best environment in college football. And I don't know how they will do it, but I am confident that our fans and our students are about to make the Jones even louder than it's ever been before.
Speaker 3: Oh he ended it with a compliment, which is great.
Speaker 4: How much do you think that the students are going to listen?
Speaker 3: List?
Speaker 5: I didn't come to Texas toime because of the exceptional physics program.
Speaker 4: I came here to do two things smoke weed ands and we're out of weed.
Speaker 3: I understanding that I did. I'm responsible for this. I told you all to do it, but I was wrong.
Speaker 2: Dinky hole cut. It's my fault.
Speaker 3: I apologize.
Speaker 2: I leaned into it.
Speaker 8: The steaks are too high. We need we need to help. Simply, let's not do it.
Speaker 2: Let's throw on totius.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's not that bad to get hit with a tortilla.
Speaker 2: Unless you're doing that slap test when they're wet.
Speaker 4: Well, that's all that get them all wet. How do you get it out? You know you can't get it out.
Speaker 2: Please, everybody stop throwing totius.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do this cool thing down in Lubbock where they score tests and they throw.
Speaker 3: It's bad. You can't do it.
Speaker 5: It is now preventing our team from winning football.
Speaker 3: Steaks are too damn high.
Speaker 8: The steaks are too high, and we need to help, not risk penalizing our team again. For hey, thank you, simply not do it.
Speaker 2: I believe you are incorrect. It is not the mistake. It is the periods.
Speaker 3: Mister. I believe that you are wrong. Here's my number number of the day.
Speaker 4: Look, so one guy has one tough piece of milanaise misteak.
Speaker 3: Now you can't stop talking.
Speaker 5: Uh number is three, three and one weekend. I'll take it ten and eleven. On the season, Money Bucket said that we were seven and ten going into week seven, had a three and oh record going into the the late window there. Unfortunately the commanders could not hold up and give me my first bill in zero week. So I am going to go with the rock Fight. We're broadcasting right here tonight seven pm as the Lions and Bucks are already underway, So I can't pick that one. Two weeks to prepare for Jamico Ryans and that Texans defense. Sam Darnold a monster season former Petros and Money guest friend of the show. Some wondered when it happened, why move on from Gino for a one year wonder like Sam Donald, But he and Jackson Smith and Jigba have been made sweet music up in Seattle this season. Donald won sixteen, got Pete Carroll fired in Seattle, and now they brought him down to the Riders to get him fired again. Tom Brady does not like it very much. Smith fifteen yards per game. They however, have not seen a defense like this yet. They did play Pittsburgh, they were not great when they faced him. In week two.
Speaker 6: T J.
Speaker 5: Watts still rounded into form forty nine ers week one when they were healthy, did a number on Donald and Seattle. The Texans defense is better, way better than that. You can put Derek Stingley, arguably the best cover corner in the league on JSN and maybe wipe him out. Seattle running game is not great three point seven per carry. That's twenty ninth in the league. And again, this Texans defense allowing twelve point per game. So why are they two and three? Well because their offense sucks. Seattle's defense not far behind nineteen points per game. Last three they have averaged five sacks per game, and the Texans offensive line is one of, if not the worst, in football. So it has not been kind to me. Just taking a team and betting the spread has been the way that we've been successful. A number of those losses are because we've taken under overs, but don't like either of these offenses against these defenses. So we are going to take the under under forty one, and we're envisioning a thirteen to ten style game that you'll hear on the radio here.
Speaker 1: Why are you so pissy?
Speaker 5: Leon?
Speaker 2: Why are you so pissy? I'm I'm just answering your guy. You are I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: So pissy about the under mat? Very good one?
Speaker 4: What does it matter? You know you want scoring on the radio? Fifty points, seven hundred points?
Speaker 5: Nobody likes. It's like playing It's like playing that don't pass line at the craps table. Who wants a thirteen to ten game? Why are you projecting that? I want to drive home, sit in traffic, listen to Sam Darnold, do some things, and instead we're projecting like twenty three total points and trying to get back to five hundred going into the weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, good luck to you, Matt. Oh by the way, by the bye, by the bye. I do remember this.
Speaker 4: My brother Tosso played with the nineteen ninety four USC team against Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl when they played it in the Cotton Bowl before you know At and T Stadium was built, right and the Tortillas flew in Dallas. I remember him coming home to the Cotton Bowl and talking about how the Tortillas flew in Dallas and Zack Johnson, the Miami linebacker, was on that Texas Tech team and Keishawn Johnson was out there running around, so the tortillas were fine there. No one was upset then. But now it's like they sound like, you know, like like you're like you're shooting a gun in the.
Speaker 3: Sky, you know.
Speaker 4: The other the other thing I said, other than this, my other favorite sound so far from this college football season is Barry Alvarez telling the Wisconsin people that don't boo at Camp Randall go booing a bar. And it's like, let's say I was at like a bar we really had fun at Like September's right in the Inland Empire. I'm not why would I boo the bar. I'm having a great time here. They got fried pickles, I'm drinking. I don't want to I'm not booing these the hard working waiters and waitresses of September. Why would I boo in a bar like booing at the game to show that you're dissatisfied with the product you're paying for, that is really the only appropriate place to boo. Like Barry Alvarez is totally backwards on the boo and a bar. Booing at a bar is inappropriate, right, Like you can give a couple of claps.
Speaker 3: When your team scores or something. I mean, you don't have to act like you did it.
Speaker 5: But but no, if you're at a bar, you're just gonna drop an F.
Speaker 4: Bomb, yeah or yeah, but you're not gonna sit there.
Speaker 3: And get him out of here.
Speaker 1: Boh.
Speaker 4: You know that's distracted to the other patrons. And I think booing at a bar is completely inappropriate as opposed to you know, but just booing at the game, which is where people boobe.
Speaker 3: So you're wrong, Barry Alvarez. You are wrong.
Speaker 4: I respect you, I respect the zone running, but you're wrong. You're wrong to say they can't boo in a bar. That's my talk.
Speaker 3: All right, it is time for the song of the day. Hold on, let me pull it up.
Speaker 4: I'm not good at this, like Matt, I'm not all fast with my fingers.
Speaker 1: This is the song of the day.
Speaker 2: You know, Matt.
Speaker 6: Requested this one.
Speaker 3: Oh I love it.
Speaker 6: Yellow bike cold plays the Chargers or in the yellow out or the yellow Rush jerseys. The mustard didn't go so well. Somehow, Justin Herbert still threw a pick to the team wearing white in the back of the end zone.
Speaker 4: Chargers lost and it's he can't say that he didn't see his guys.
Speaker 3: They're right there.
Speaker 6: I heard it was tough on the broadcasters.
Speaker 2: Too, nokod defense. Yeah, I was. Couldn't read the numbers.
Speaker 3: You gotta smile through that smile he oh yeay. We'll be right back with the guy who has yellow hair. Shemoted he does.
Speaker 4: We'll join us in the very next segment to talk about the greatness of the Dodgers and the potential World Series matchup game seven to night between Seattle and Toronto on De Grassy Street.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Stick with us on an I'm a Horse Monday and that'll meant you a lot of Monday on petrols and money.
Speaker 3: We've made it.
Speaker 1: Even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android au a road trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 5: Just saying Monday five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, making our way to Monday Night Football tonight. Yes, it's a double header, So we will have Seahawks versus Texans at seven pm all week long. Though, remember every morning beginning at six am, you start your day with Scams, Sacks and Kate's and the am all Dodger coverage as we make our way toward World Series Game one on Friday. Dodger sitting around for a full week before they are back in action. Pee, but that doesn't mean the people do want to keep talking and hearing about it.
Speaker 4: Oh, we got to pump it off. We wanted him. We saw him out at Dodger Stadium, but he was on the radio. Sweet Louis Vauton sweatsuit vloor looking good looking ready velvet was valure. Jim Bonen, MLB general Manager, mastermind. You hear him on the MLB Network radio. We assume that's what he was doing. You read him on the Athletic. He's on CBS Sports Network at Jim Bonen gm on X been on the show many times.
Speaker 3: We always appreciate his insight.
Speaker 4: It's a lot to discuss as he's had a front row seat to the Dodger domination in these playoffs.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna pump it up.
Speaker 4: Man who had Cincinnati bubbling the Ohio River turned the Red. Jim Boden on the Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline, what's cracking, Jim?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 7: It's been a great postseason so far, and this Dodger team. Nothing gets more excited, you know, to be there at Dodger Stadium when I got to witness the greatest performance of any athlete in the history of sports, To watch show Shoey o'tani punch out ten, throw a two hitter through six and then sit there and at three home runs like even Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Lebron, James Tom Brady have all the great things all these people have done in sports. No one has had a better game than he had on Friday. And to be able to be there and witness it and see it with all the Dodger fans, that's a memory I promise you I'll never forget. It was absolutely amazing.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I mean, I wanted to ask you about it, and that's a great answer because it just feels like and you've done this for a living for many years, identifying talent, and you have great relationships throughout the generations in baseball. But we seem to lack perspective on what Otani's doing because it's just not done. I mean, is that I don't know, what do you think about? That makes it kind of hard.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, because I believe he's artificial intelligence. I don't think he's a human being. Just being around him, the size, the way he walks, how much Funny has when he's the ching, and then he becomes a heavyweight fighter when he goes to the mound. I mean, I just kind of feel like he was programmed. I think, you know, I won't be surprised today we find out and someone says, we're just kidding. He was artificial intelligence the whole time. I mean, look all kidding aside, we've never seen anything like this, Like, you know, it's funny. When he was coming over, everyone talked about he's the babe Ruth from Japan coming over, and yeah, it was cool. He got to do both ways, but not at this level, Like nobody saw this. There's never been a human being Nick could do this. And he goes on the mound and he's a true ace, punched out ten and friggin pitching the Dodgers for the World Series and oh, by the way, here's three home runs too. And oh, by the way, he's gonna win the Nation League MVP again, Like, look, it's an honor to prove it's to cover him because he's such a cool guy too. I saw the postgame interview when he says, what do you want to say back to Japan? And he said, I want to say to everyone in Japan and the USA, let's all get a glass of saki and toast, Like, let's bring everybody together. We'll have some saki and toast. This it was phenomenal. But I'll tell you what even more than that, to watch the Dodgers in the Philly series and then this last series against the Brewers. You know, I asked Dave Roberts on the field before Game four. I said, Dave, you know, watching this team in the regular season, it was a ninety three win team. That's what it was. That's what the facts say, that's what it looks like. But it looked like a mid nineties team, like a really good team that could win the World Series, a great team. But the team I've witnessed in the last two series is one hundred and twenty win team. Like everything came together in October exactly the way Andrew Friedman and Dave Roberts and Brandon Goldhins designed it. Like when you get through the season, Blake, tell me, at eleven starts, that's it. They didn't worry about it. You know, they only had one pitcher that made thirty starts, that was Yoshinoba Yamamoto. Because they've planned for October the whole year, and when they have an injured picture ready to come back, they just say, yeah, you wait, you just wait, we got twelve pictures. Don't worry. We'll wait, We'll wait, We'll extra couple of weeks. We need you in October. You know, we don't really care about the regular season. We're gonna get there anyway. We're so good, but we want to peak in October. Like that's a plan that they do and it works, and it worked. And to watch those four pitchers sweet Milwaukee, let me tell you this, if they were facing the twenty seven Yankees, the forty six Red Sox, the ninety eight Yankees, the seventy five Reds, they would have swipped them to Okay, we have never seen four starters dominate ever in the postseason the way they've dominated four consecutive games, and did Dave Roberts credit it wasn't a quick cook on any of them. Yes, stay in the snell eate any He's no problem, only faced twenty four batters. Best postseason start we've seen since Holladay through the no hitter or maybe Linsenham's fourteen strikeout game. I mean, are you kidding me? Like it was? It was? So if you're a Dodger fan, you should be giddy because, as I asked Dave Roberts, is this the best Dodger team you have ever managed? He's been there ten years. Oh, yes, absolutely it is. I both agree with Dave Roberts. This is one of the greatest teams. And I want everyone to understand this is a different team in October than we saw in the regular season. This team is one hundred and twenty win This team is special, and I feel sorry tonight because whoever gets to celebrate, whether it's Toronto or Seattle, whoever gets to celebrate will then be eliminated in five games in the next round.
Speaker 5: So then I guess you don't share, because the only concern, really, Jim was the bullpen, Like, hey, you're gonna be in one of these tight games, it's gonna bite you. We saw it in that game one against Milwaukee where it almost got him trying and gets you know, a chase on a high strike outside of the zone that would have made things real interesting. That's not a concern for you at all against the Toronto team. That's see if that's the team that comes down here that they end up tangling with with all that offense they have, still the starter's just too dominant. Because it felt like we got away from that for a while, right like, oh, you better have a really good bullpen. It's not so much starting pitching anymore. You gotta have the bullpen to close these things out.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So now you had a week off and now we're just going to ride the starters. We put Zayer spent all that money on the starting rotation for this. This is it. We're not protecting them anymore. It's not the regular season where you're going five. You're going six and we're going to save you for October. Oh no, no, no, we've already done all the saving. Now the pedals of the metal. Now you guys go deep because our weakness, which is the bullpen, we're going to eradicate because we're not gonna let relievers pitch. So we'll let the Sake close the ninth. You know, we'll let try and and you know, maybe set up or close. We'll let Vessie. We're happy with those three. If we have to use band and dryer, it's okay. You know, I'll try to get Kersharl blow out if I can, just so the fans can say, go buy one more time. But no, this series is going to be the same thing as the other one. You're gonna you're gonna ask snow. You haven't to glass and elan Otani to run the table, which they're capable of doing. Again. I figure probably in the next round they lose one, just because teams lose even if you're great. But I just expect them to pitch deep and so they're not gonna ask much from the bullpen. The bullpen certainly won't be tired like the Blue Jays or Mariners bullpen, which is gonna be totally exhausted because all they've done is pitch inning after inning. Dodgers are set up exactly the way they want to be set up. It couldn't You couldn't start a World Series with any major League team that I can remember in twenty five years in a better position than the Los Angeles Dodgers are right now.
Speaker 5: It's been wild to watch, and really the bullpen thing was sort of fixed with the Sasaki and watching how dominant he was closing games out, specifically that three inning stint against Philly when when he hasn't outing?
Speaker 2: When when when.
Speaker 5: You're a GM as you were Jim and you see someone have an outing like he did in Game one, then you're trying to figure out, Okay, what was it? Well was working before? You have such a limited sample size from this guy in that particular role, Like how deep do you have to go? Is it just a conversation with the picture, like what are you guys doing to try to make sure that the next time you send him out it looks like it did every other time as opposed to that one hiccup.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't know. And I feel better if Trining is behind him to have plan be ready, right, But I think you got a plan be ready. I don't think it's a sure thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: The thing he's so different than Otani and Yamamoto. Otani and Yamamoto are really tough, right, competitors. I mean, they compete at the highest level. Sisaki is not. But as Dave Roberts, the manager told me last week, he's learning to be tough or he's getting tough. We're watching him get tough right now. I mean, this is the guy that battled all year along with the impingement, and then he went down. He didn't have any velocity, and then he got with the drive line guy, and then all of a sudden the VLO got there. And now he's peaking at the right time in the biggest moments. Throwing friget one hundred and four with a split finger, by the way, that I think the forkball, modest foot thing that you just can't hit when it's in the zone because it just tumbles and I don't care who you are not going to hit it. So for him, it's only about command and control. Throw strikes. If he throws strikes, he's going to get the job done because the stuff screams it one hundred and four with a forkball like that or split finger, he calls it like that. You're not going to hit it. Just put in the zone. The only thing that worries you if he gets behind and he walks a guy or walks two guys, hits a batter that you know, that's when you can get in trouble. So that would be my only concern that I have. But that's why you've got to have, you know, people to back them up.
Speaker 4: What about the great Jim Bowden joining us right now MLB Radio and of course the athletic a great GM and a man of organized thought. You have a better perspective than most on this. What about this narrative that we're hearing now from of course from out of town, but that the Dodgers are ruining baseball and they've taken advantage of something that others can't. What what do you make of that?
Speaker 7: I make that they're doing everything that I would have wanted to do in life, and every fan should think the same way. I want to have one of the highest payrolls. I want to be able to get the best players in the world in the same place. I want to be able to win games, win World championships. That's what I want. The Dodgers have done everything right with the money they have. The Mets have a higher payroll. How are they doing? Oh, I didn't even see him in the postseason, did you where were they they got all the money? Yeah, they don't know.
Speaker 3: Where to be found, are they?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Right? Aren't they the ones that gave Soto seven hundred and sixty five million dollars? You know, you look at Otani, they gave him four hundred people talk about seven hundred. Next present value was four hundred and by the way, they made that up because they're smarter than everybody else. They've already sold marketing deals. He's paid for already. They knew what they were doing. Sorry, if they know how to operate, you know, I mean, let's Mark Walter standcasts and they know what they're doing. They're crushing everybody in the in the business room, in the boardroom, on the field. They make great decisions. And look at their team. Hall of Famer Freeman, Hall of Famer, future Bets, Hall of Famerite, future oh Toni, Hall of Famer, future Kershaw, And what kind.
Speaker 3: Of people are they?
Speaker 7: You go to that club? These are the greatest guys. I mean, how about this team that we've been covering that's one one of the thirteen consecutive divisional titles. And we go and interview all these guys for all the games, and they're exactly the same as they were when this whole thing started. Like you know, they're not too big for the media or whatever, you know, but Mookie Bets and Freddie still take the time like it's just an incredible group of human beings. Here. Here's the other thing that stood out to me, how hard they work before games, before every single game. And by the way, Freddie Freeman and Mookie Bets are always the first two out there, and they work harder than anybody on the field, any kid, any other That's what I've witnessed. Last year, I watched Aaron Judge and John Carlos Stanton do it for the Yankees, and I was really impressed because I'm always the first one of the park and I like to see guys at work. Freddie Freeman and Mookie Bets, Max Muncie, kk Hernandez all these guys. They work so hard on fundamentals, so hard on ground balls, range, speed, hitting the cutoff man. When these games play, they don't make mistakes. They throw to the right base, they take the extra base base running wise, they make but Munsey's played at the plate. It was unbelievable that the quick dog to his left turn and the quick throw Mookie Bess's range play. There was right kk Hernandez's throw to first base like and if you look away from the ball, look away from the play, all their guys are in the right place at the right time, ready to do the right thing. This is a dead serious team that's focused. They don't take for granted what they're getting paid or how many games they've won. They're so focused on the field, but they're going to deserve everything they've gotten and everything they're about to get.
Speaker 5: Last thing for you, Jim, you mentioned it and what you expect to see in the World Series when they continue this incredible eight and one run that they're on right now. You said the twenty seven Yankees. I think it's typically you know, either what twenty seven Yankees ninety eight Yankees has always brought up, even though those teams had dominant regular seasons. Even without a dominant regular season, I think it was the fifth best record over the course of the regular season. Do you think this still gets into the conversation as the greatest baseball team ever assembled.
Speaker 7: Greatest October team that I've seen. I mean, that's that's all. That's what I'm going to go by. You know that. Look, baseball is now two different seasons. There's a regular season and there's October. You know this rotation that they're sending out there is MADDX Glavin Smolts, right, I mean this is dominant. I mean, unfortunately we're not still talking about Blake Snell's first start that was unbelievable. And in three starts in the postseason. Do you realize in twenty one of the things he's given up six hits and there's an eight six cra do you realize that Tyler Glass. Now in the three times we've seen, which includes two starts, the dra's six, you have my motors three starts, the era's one to eight. So Sockey's won one coming out of the in and we just saw what O'taoni did. Like, No, this is dominant, This is dominant stuff. This is stuff elite. You know, all the pictures this day and age have better stuff than in any other generation by far, higher velocity, better breaks, better pitch sequencing, better mechanics, more deception than we've ever seen. Right, I mean the knowledge is off the charts. It's incredible what this game has become. But right now, what the Dodgers have is just it belongs with the best of all time. And I hope Dodger fans really enjoy this little run right here, because they absolutely deserve it and should embrace it and boise it fun.
Speaker 4: It's fun to talk to you, the great Jim Bowden and fight on to the great Chad. We appreciate you, and we'll be listening on MLB Radio and reading in the Athletic and maybe we'll see you out there for the World Series doing your job again, and you'll have another sweet sweet Valure sweatsuit on.
Speaker 3: I know you got more than one of those.
Speaker 7: Not belore Lord. I appreciate you guys that you have a good one je hoodie, but love you guys.
Speaker 2: We'll see you there you go.
Speaker 3: I know Valora when I see it, brother Valora.
Speaker 4: Uh, we'll be right back. We got two plus more hours of great sports talk on a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rodney. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger podcast of record, Clipper Talk without a Musk follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: The Petrosen Money Show. Modello it is not a meets you A lot of it is not made with Modello. A reward for those with a fighting spirit. Modello The Mark of a Fighter had some Odello folks in the on Friday. It was wonderful to see them, young ladies celebrating their twenty first pack.
Speaker 4: I got a little awkward because the Asahi people were there too, and Tim Kates reps Asahi when we're not around a lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 5: So we got the early We had something for the early people. We did because Modella was there, bright and early.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, but we also had to bodyguard the MODELO from the Asahi right because everybody knows Japan and Mexico not friends. So kind of an ugly side story to what was going on, you know, where everybody was really excited about what the Dodgers did. Some people blamed Jim Bowden for being nonchalant like us.
Speaker 5: He was a little dismissive, like whatever, man four maybe five games, I guess you lose one. I know that can make people a lot, a little.
Speaker 4: Bit nervous, little bit. Matt the Nonchalant's there. It is time for some text.
Speaker 7: The secret.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy. The text us up fine, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 4: When I was describing the Cotton Bowl that my brother played in in ninety five, that would.
Speaker 3: Be corrections and retractions.
Speaker 4: Zach Thomas the linebacker, not Zach Johnson. Zack Johnson is a guy from my high school that married Chrissy Clayton and they moved to Texas. So totally different guy. Not a line He's a Texas guy. Also a Texas guy. But you know one's a Hall of Fame linebacker. The others had looked like a basketball and he married the hottest chicken school. All right, Uh, give us the feel good story. We need, get Kim Taints off his ass and hit us with a Coach Skipper interview. Look, we'll get Tim Skipper on if they go to Ohio State and win.
Speaker 3: But uh or Indiana, Indiana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're going big noon, Matt.
Speaker 4: It's the big new so uh we had a feel good interview last week with Rick new Heizel, and the first thing he did was come on and give credit to Tim Skipper. I mean, am I am I the only one around here that pays attention.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you a question. Is it a great day to be alive and be a Bruin?
Speaker 3: I believe it is.
Speaker 2: It's a great day, said, is it a great day to be alive and be a b.
Speaker 3: Fours up?
Speaker 2: Scoops got deep beat.
Speaker 3: We're having the time of their lives over there.
Speaker 4: Signetti said it. We're not playing that same team. This is a three and oh team, not the team that lost to New Mexico. That's right, This says. We don't even watch the TBS post game around here. We switch it to Spectrum and watch Jay Harren nomar. Yeah. But the one good thing about TBS is you can throw that on and you're not going to see you know, you're not going to see hornstraw. But if you throw it on.
Speaker 5: The stick, you might see it.
Speaker 2: You might see that clowns.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: This says clearly the fix is in by MLB to recrown the Dodgers. I mean, my god, they have days off before the series started, they have days off between all the playoffs, and now they've got a full week off before the World Series starts. I mean, it's so obvious that the Dodgers are being babied in the playoffs and it's sickening, nauseating to watch. Sickening your thoughts.
Speaker 5: Matt Well, I think the the rules supply for each team, and I would say compared to the NBA, outside of this odd four days between Game seven of the CS and the swept everybody, Yeah, I feel like they've been moving. You know, it's been pretty experiment. You would have had a game five back to back to back. Then they had to go to babied in the playoffs. They had to go to Philly, Yeah, to start. I don't get it, man, This is not the NBA, where Game one of a playoff series is on a Friday, Game two was on a Monday, Game three is on a Thursday. They really stretch arms strong.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: History is not on the Dodgers side.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 9: Yeah, two thousand and seven Rockies twenty twelve Tigers both lost in the World Series after sweeping their opponents in the league Championship Series and then having eight days off for the Rockies and five days off of the Tigers.
Speaker 3: That's a stupid stat. Stupid.
Speaker 2: We had a question for you.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Any of those teams have Blake Snell start in game one. Any of those teams have Yoshinoba Yemo Motor starting game two.
Speaker 3: Oh, here's how Kates feels.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tyler Glass now game three. He's our guys now, Oh we love them?
Speaker 3: Said another matter.
Speaker 2: Ever, tools ever, best guy ever.
Speaker 3: Tortilla.
Speaker 4: This says, when the steaks are high, the tortillas will fly. And did you know that tortillas still fly UCSB soccer games.
Speaker 3: Let's go gauchos. I did not know that.
Speaker 5: Hey, man, listen, the steaks are so high here. I need you guys just throwing the tortillas. Man, this stakes are so high here Texas Tech. I need y'all to stop throwing them tortillas.
Speaker 3: Pee.
Speaker 4: Catching up on the podcast, regarding the card that Smell pulls out. I think it's a picture of Assay. Snell pulls it out, looks at it and says, you're the only one that believed in me. Dog, I won't let you down. Then he kisses it and puts it back in his pocket. We're giving the day off today because it's mortal enemy. Jim Odin was on and Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: We're hoping he just it misses him. You know it didn't like uh, son of a bitch. But we'll be back with more great sports talk.
Speaker 4: We have a flip top story of the day headed your way about USC Notre Dame. If you're interested in that, I think you should be because it's something that I'm very passionate about, so much so that I attacked our colleague Colin Cowherd when I got home from Colin football games on Saturday. I called him a waker something like that.
Speaker 9: Did Colin even talk about it today? Or you just spend the entire three hours talking about Cayleb. Williams is the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was too busy with the shammy on Caleb Williams.
Speaker 4: Taintchch Shamy Shamy, Samy, Shamy, sham sham Shamy. Forget about the fence coming in here to clean up Chicago. I need him to clean up Caleb Williams balls, wash his taints out. We'll be right back with more and penches some money. I didn't find semity Las