Speaker 1: For live shows a Friday Night Fashion Purple Football at circa book with promo code Power Tripper and exclusive room rate.
Speaker 2: Full details at KFE dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash Vegas plum along now Hi Marty.
Speaker 2: Hi born in Martins, Sorr.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, good to see you on a weirdly on a Thursday.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: Is this what it's like here?
Speaker 4: This is how Thursday?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, normally it's a lot weirder than this.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: Wait, because Tommy's been here.
Speaker 2: Correct, and our lives have been forever changed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, based on he's got that vibe.
Speaker 2: His series of stories.
Speaker 5: Is zacho.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Marny, good morning.
Speaker 2: I'm you gonna walk right into the news. You ready, let's are you sure?
Speaker 4: This all right?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: This is Cafe in News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 3: That's right, Saint Paul Saints. Check out c HS Field and a great baseball game down in Saint Paul today. In fact, they played sever of those it tonight. Get your tickets at Saints baseball dot com. Saints baseball dot com, Thank you, Saints baseball dot com. It's a rotten story, but I'm going and lead with it because kiddos make better decisions. Authorities in Minneapolis are seeing more instances of people trespassing and forcing entry into buildings for the purpose of urban exploring, and sometimes posting videos of it on social media.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course, please.
Speaker 3: Some fire officials issued a warning during a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, less than twenty four hours after an eighteen year old sustained life threatening injuries after hanging from a beam and then following twenty stories from a decommissioned grain elevator in the longfellow Nabor.
Speaker 2: Should be dead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean twenty I don't understand how you survived that, but yeah, I'll see.
Speaker 3: Man MPD described the team as someone who was having fun, seeking adventure and then made a bad decision resulted in life changing injuries. He added that his actions were illegal and extremely dangerous. The team was still alive recovering in him and County Medical Center as of Tuesday morning. His identity had not been released. Right again, miraculous that the team survived at all. The firefighters also had to risk their safety to rescue him, using an aerial truck to reach him and provide immediate medical care, and then lower him to the ground. You're not only putting yourself in danger, you're putting rescue crews in danger too. So please stop with the urban exploring. My goodness, twenty stories, So don't do that. But I'm gonna guess you're not gonna listen to.
Speaker 4: Me, right right, I'm listening.
Speaker 3: I will yeah, yeah, no, yeah, yeah. You guys aren't urban explorers.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think.
Speaker 7: Well, I wonder if you just removed the social media part, just remove the part where you're going to take a video? Right, how much less dangerous would these explorations be?
Speaker 4: Good question?
Speaker 8: Good question, know, right, because you got to get clicks, right, you got to get views.
Speaker 6: So if you're just walking through in abandoned building, nobody's going to watch that.
Speaker 3: Nope, Nope, Corey, My miraculous run continues of winning the lottery eight dollars.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, no kidding?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, Davin, Yes, this is be the fourth time in a row I've won in the neighborhood of ten.
Speaker 4: To eight dollars. Hey, that adds up, it does eight. Yeah, an interesting range.
Speaker 3: But I had along and along when nobody won the powerball jackpot. It's up to eight hundred and fifty six million. Dollars if to know when won the grand prize and Wednesday's drawing, the next chance of striker Ridge comes this Saturday with a cash value option on the massive jackpot coming up to about three hundred and seventy two million dollars.
Speaker 4: That'll help.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, I was cleaning out an office drawer over the weekend and I found like three powerball tickets that were over a year old. Now, obviously, if at any point in the last twelve months we had had a powerball winner in Minnesota and it was in the news, like, hey, it was sold in Plymouth and it still hasn't been claimed, right, I would have heard about it. Yeah, So in the back of my mind, I'm like, I know this isn't like a million dollar winner or a ten million dollar winner or two hundred million dollar winner, but like it might be maybe I got a ten k in here, maybe I got a fifty k in there.
Speaker 2: It better not be.
Speaker 6: So then I had that the question do I even check the numbers because it's over a year old. What if I had a fifty thousand dollars winner and a drawer and it is expired because I didn't check it in the first twelve months.
Speaker 2: So I checked the.
Speaker 6: Numbers because I'm a psychopath and I had no winners. Oh, would you guys have checked or just thrown them away?
Speaker 2: I would have moved on, thrown them out. Hmmm. You don't want to know.
Speaker 6: No, you don't think it's worth the story for the rest of your life. You're like, I had a fifty thousand dollars ticket but didn't check it and found it, you know fifteen months later. That's a terrible Yeah, terrible, but it's a story. My story is just I threw away lottery tickets and they were losers. Who cares about that story. I've spent forty seven seconds telling you guys that story.
Speaker 2: It's boring.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine if I had told you guess what I found in my drawer? I could tell that story twenty years fromw It would still be interesting'd.
Speaker 4: Be different if I told you what I found in my drawer?
Speaker 2: What did you find? It looks like a flashlight?
Speaker 4: It does your drawers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, drawer, it is a desk drawer. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, or yeah. Here's an idea that I think is a pretty good one. Researchers at the University of California Santiago have developed a new wearable device that can tell you your blood alcohol level.
Speaker 9: The researchers were trying to create a ring to track metabolic health. What they came up with is a prototype ring that can actually detect blood sugar and alcohol levels. They say, tiny sensors inside the ring read chemical markers in the body and send that data to a phone app. Along with alcohol that contract glucose keytones, vitamin c uric acid, and lactate. But results are about fifteen to thirty minutes longer than a direct blood test.
Speaker 4: I'm pre tennis. So but where are the women gonna wear it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: And why did they want a ring that would lactate? Somebody need to feed a baby.
Speaker 5: Why are you looking at me?
Speaker 3: You're looking at me because you're worried about where you're gonna wear this ring.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm on your hand.
Speaker 2: Oh, here's what's gonna happen. Somebody's gonna wear this ring.
Speaker 6: It's gonna tell them that they're like point you know whatever, point zero six, Yeah, and they're gonna get in a car, they're gonna get pulled over. The police officers going to say your point one or whatever, and then uh, and then they're gonna get to the UI and then they're going to sue this company, saying you told me I.
Speaker 2: Was good to drive and I wasn't and you're lactating sir. Yeah, but that's my turn on.
Speaker 4: My shirts all wet.
Speaker 2: I paid for this privilege from a fight club.
Speaker 4: Yeah, poor bt Bob.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you meat loaf man two three? Martie, you ever seen Fight Club? Sure? Okay, you have one. I know you're not a big movie person, so I wasn't sure.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one of the best movies of all time. It's fantastic, Marty. You don't care for it, Marne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you know where Hagerstown, Maryland is?
Speaker 5: Nope?
Speaker 4: So you admit it in Maryland.
Speaker 3: A park in Maryland is being closed after a second beaver attack in two weeks. States States already to say a beaver but a nineteen year old fisherman, man.
Speaker 4: I tell you you gotta shiffle, it's actually nineteen. Yeah, you're taking chances.
Speaker 2: Many and then you fight Dad's right.
Speaker 4: Man says he's bitting on the leg and then drove himself to a medical center. Get this thing off me.
Speaker 3: Bea Yeah, say, brother, Rosie, been there it's the second time in the last two weeks that a beaver has attacked somebody in a park.
Speaker 2: It happens, right, Zi, gotta watch out. You better not pout.
Speaker 3: The first beaver tested positive for rabies. Yeah, and herpes probably committee as well. You gotta be careful that crabs the beaver. And yesterday's attack was euthanized.
Speaker 8: Oh oh.
Speaker 2: Oh, it cherished brilliant.
Speaker 3: The park meanwhile is being closed. Well, officials test all those beavers, got that poor guy?
Speaker 2: The beaver rose.
Speaker 7: One two Archie, glad you came in on a Thursday, way different than what do I get a Tuesday?
Speaker 5: This one to Friday, oh.
Speaker 6: Four?
Speaker 4: Or it did not already test this one?
Speaker 2: The beaver.
Speaker 4: I'm not testing this one. I'm not testing this one.
Speaker 2: You've tested them.
Speaker 4: This one's gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that hasn't stopped you. Like the time you were in Moonshine.
Speaker 4: You just sucked all the humor out of it.
Speaker 2: Who are you talking to?
Speaker 5: Why do you have to use that?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And if you're looking for a beverage to help cool you off today, Marns, here you go.
Speaker 9: Today is National root Beer Float Day, originally called a black Cow when it was invented in eighteen ninety three, simple to make. Drop a scoop of vanilla ice cream into a glass and pour root beer over the top. What happens next is pure science. The froth that forms is a process called nucleation. That's when air pockets in the ice cream give the carbon dioxide in the root beer a place to form bubbles. So it's fun, refreshing and educational. I'm pre tennis.
Speaker 2: Did she just explain to us how to make a root beer float?
Speaker 4: Hey, a black cow, sir?
Speaker 2: Yeah, slow down, I'd steined like that, man.
Speaker 6: Root Beer floats are elite, elite, Yeah, elite, yep. No, I want to go to the drive in in Taylor's fault. Could just draw a sketch put that on camera?
Speaker 2: Can I see it? Nope?
Speaker 4: What if I walk over there then, bait can't?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I bet it was on a sketch of a root beer float.
Speaker 2: No, it probably wasn't. Here he comes, you wants to see it. It does make a second, he wants to see the drawing.
Speaker 5: I'm not a root beer fan, never have been.
Speaker 8: Wanting to be.
Speaker 5: Oh really, there's something about the bite of root beer that I do not like. Yet I love Doctor Pepper.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Yeah, so you're talking all root beers because I would agree with you that like a barks, root beer has a bit of a bite, but like has no bite to me.
Speaker 5: Yep, it's the so maybe bite isn't the right word.
Speaker 7: It's that distinct flavor that takes it from anything cola, anything pepper.
Speaker 5: It's the actual root beer, like root beer barrel like even.
Speaker 6: The many that'll get you messed up beer barrels, not the candy shot thing.
Speaker 5: That is that distinct root beer flavor.
Speaker 2: I just do you ever do doctor pepper floats or coke floats?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 6: Them those are solid roper FLOATSA well, there's no bubbles, no troubles right with root beer.
Speaker 2: There's some bubbles that and she just explained how it scientifically right, right right.
Speaker 6: She also explained that a roopier float is when you put vanilla ice cream in a glass or a bowl and pour roop beer on top of it.
Speaker 3: That's have you had the education the n A NW version now that it's like a did you just say n W WA version? There's a store, but don't point walk inside and gang the joint. The an W version, Yeah, where they they mix them like, it's not just a doll of ice cream. It's like it's kind of like looks like a frosty.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: That sounds like mister Missy Freeze. Oh yeah, right, is that?
Speaker 7: Then they changed the name of something else, everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the mister Misty Freeze.
Speaker 8: Was ma Jeam.
Speaker 7: Yes, so it wasn't just an icy with like the slushy chunks. There was actual soft serve swirled in there.
Speaker 5: Oh y, yes, sir.
Speaker 8: But there are very few drinks on the planet that are better than when the root beer float, when all the ice cream is gone and all that's left is the root beer that is still kind of mixed with just ice cream leftovers just can't injected into my veins.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have, I've done that. I was hooked up to an ivy of Riotpier Float. Yeah, how am I alive? I don't know.
Speaker 6: So you want to go on a day date with me? We drive to Taylor's Falls, we go mini golfing a day date.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll keep this.
Speaker 6: We drive up to Tailor's Falls, we go mini golfing at the drive in, and then we get Ripper flows. So we hold hands down by Saint Croix Falls. Wouldn't you want to do it? I mean not this year, year year, I enough time. Driving's not open all year round. It's a driver. I mean you can drive any time you want, driving restaurants, Oh.
Speaker 3: The drive in Zach, Yes, sir, your crown has been handed to someone else. Oh no, A professional python hunter is the winner the twenty twenty six for a Python Challenge after removing.
Speaker 2: Don't say who we guess? Yeah, yeah, how many pythons? It's always way.
Speaker 6: Lower than we want it to be, right, because they could kill thousands and still barely make a dent in the problem. Now I think I know this. I can think I know the range of numbers of winners in the past. So I think I'm going to be close. Anybody have a guess, I'll let you go first. Then I think it's like twenty I think the winners is. It's like, it's not hundreds, it's I bet whoever one has something like fifteen to twenty thirty five. Let's hope it's thirty five hundred. Yeah, let's hope it's thirty five thousand. Yep, I'll say twenty. That's my lucky number. We'll go twenty two.
Speaker 10: Anybody else eleven, I'll go forty four. Yeah, thirty five, Corey, you're right, normally that's about the number. This dude got ninety six.
Speaker 2: I've never felt better about being more wrong, right.
Speaker 6: I wish it was ninety six hundred, ninety sixty ninety six and ten days.
Speaker 4: He got ninety six of them?
Speaker 6: How many snakes a day on average? What ninety six snakes in ten days on average? How many snakes did you get a day? Well, that's quite simple. Nine point six.
Speaker 2: God, he's on fire. Yeah, man, today's Monday, Today's your day.
Speaker 4: Many like yep.
Speaker 3: The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission says nine hundred and seven participants from thirty states and two other countries removed two and eighty, and.
Speaker 6: This guy got ninety ninety six of them. Everybody else was terrible.
Speaker 3: He's like that one dude who eats head dogs jays Joey chest nice. That much better than everybody else.
Speaker 5: They should hire him and keep him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many people did you say?
Speaker 4: I deleted the story over a lot.
Speaker 6: I think if every one of them got ninety six, then we're starting to make some progress.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be enough, you know, not even close close.
Speaker 4: You're right, you're right right? All right? Oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: Uh the bit nine hundred and seven participants. Yeah, if nine hundred and seven people got ninety six each.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking.
Speaker 4: Now we're talking. It's like a million snake.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, Marney came in to do some sports stock dude, due to do Morney came in to talk about the new song.
Speaker 6: Welse we'll talk sports in a second with Sauce William so walach in like forty minutes. Will play team codes at some point in the eight o'clock hour, that's right, What team.
Speaker 2: Will I pick? Not that it matters. I don't know how you guys. Even if I told you the letters, would it help? I don't think it would. Would.
Speaker 4: I also have some some things to tell you about about Vikings practice.
Speaker 2: This shait you were there, We'll do that. Vikings News at seven forty. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's Chris Hockey the Power Trip Morning Show. It's a big ole.
Speaker 1: When the cameras go live, don't miss a moment. Get a front row seat to the Power Trip Morning Show. A program pass were an exclusive interviews and more. At KFA and dot Com slash Watch. It's powered by Quantum Fiber Internet.
Speaker 3: Yo, Yo, Welcome back to the Partrip Morning Show. It's seven twenty seven. That means the man, the myth, the legend that just meets us. Paul Evert finally gets his big shot. He's been waiting all morning for.
Speaker 5: This means time for a fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 3: Got to my friends at Circa Casino and Resorts, the best join us in Vegas for our twenty fifth anniversary Circa Sports.
Speaker 8: You and I will be there in three weeks, hogs Daddy, we will, Baby Marns. How exciting is this?
Speaker 2: Isn't going to be the best November Vegas? Let's go?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 7: I've got plans and you guys are going to hear about them. I'm making plans for us.
Speaker 2: As a group. Yep. One of those ever come to Fruition.
Speaker 5: Never except for this time.
Speaker 7: And one time I had plans with Hawk, Yeah to meet at a casino at the slot machine, yep, and he didn't show.
Speaker 4: We did though, Mom, we did it. We went downtown.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: That was after the first plans You ditched me, and then I just started following you and then you were like, fine, come with me, and then we did a lap and then.
Speaker 5: You were like okay, we're done. But it was something.
Speaker 6: Do you know that that area at the the north end there's like that abandoned lot or whatever, you know, like one block down from there. They just they just had a permit pass, like I think six months from now they're going to start breaking ground. But there's an adult, like not an adult, there's like a senior living facility the starting to build and it's supposed to be luxury. I did not Yeah, so I guess breaking ground in like six months. I think it's expected to be done in the next I don't know.
Speaker 8: Year and a half.
Speaker 5: Pepper Mill side on the side of the street.
Speaker 6: About two blocks up, so you take a left. I think that's third Appa and then is it a crosswalk or like am I yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And then you know what I'm talking about. So yeah, just keep an eye on that. By the way, the Vegas construction update brought to by RAG that's right, thank you, just yeah, hell yeah, man, there's a senior living facility that they're building.
Speaker 8: Do you have an update on the baseball stadium they're taking applications what twenty two percent complete according to my sources, multiple bathrooms.
Speaker 4: I'm just done, move on into a senior living facility.
Speaker 5: Have you looked at some of the nice no listening like hot age?
Speaker 2: Please a limit or minimum?
Speaker 5: They're my age fifty five? I know it's crazy, fifty five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Chris, can I say something nice? I think you would crush those facilities. Yeah, right, because.
Speaker 2: You're the young gun. You're just you're you're barely legal. I think they're one of those spots.
Speaker 4: Also, granny fish in a barrel.
Speaker 2: Oh you imagine walking in there. You're too horny.
Speaker 4: I'm not nothing.
Speaker 6: I just said it.
Speaker 2: Yes, you just some you know, some braw looking for somebody to play cribbage with.
Speaker 4: Old broh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all of a sudden, you know he's making out with her. Sure, why not.
Speaker 4: Leave the cards in your room?
Speaker 2: Is there strip cribbage? I'll bring the board or the pegs. Oh, we need pegs in that game. That's a little That was a little bit of crivage. Yes, talk pegging because it's normally talked about. On a Thursday, you were saying something.
Speaker 7: About the place where my mom lives in the winter in Mesa. You know they are all over and they have the you know, the signs and the sunset resort whenever, and hers.
Speaker 5: Is an active fifty five and older community. And I've never even thought about it.
Speaker 7: And I've seen the sign for the last twenty years, and my grandparents went to the same place. I've never thought about it. And I was there last winter and I was walking and I'm I just looked. At that time, I was like, mother, I am fifty two. Yeah, man, I qualify to live here in three years.
Speaker 6: But when you hear about seniors, you think it's like, you know, people with walkers and just ray hair and they can yes, dragon a k. Senior events for poker are fifty plus and I'm almost forty seven, and I'm like, I'm almost old enough to play senior events.
Speaker 2: I was just in high school. And most of these places will have a bus that will take you.
Speaker 8: To either bingo or a casino, jackpot, hogs Daddy give me out.
Speaker 5: Finally sports.
Speaker 2: He's doing some research. You're trying to find a home.
Speaker 8: You can you always have a home with me? No, no, no, no, a real home with lady folks. Come on, I live here now.
Speaker 4: Why not? It's nice. There's underground parking. There's he's just.
Speaker 6: Looking for the right ratio. He wants someone that has like almost five or six other dudes.
Speaker 2: Tops.
Speaker 4: I just I'm if I go live there one step closer.
Speaker 2: To Oh don't don't I need you? Yes I do.
Speaker 4: You can do it, buddy.
Speaker 8: The Twins are hideous. They've lost four straight. Now, listen, Bud, they had two hits last night. You got to get hit left handed hitting. They struck out ten times. They've been out scored twenty two to twelve in their last four games. Same two teams today at six thirty. Then they will start.
Speaker 4: Two teams, the Royals.
Speaker 2: I didn't mention that.
Speaker 8: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: They start a three game series this weekend with the best team in baseball.
Speaker 4: The Milwaukee Brewers. Milwaukee, no problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not looking good. The drunken Skannis. Yep.
Speaker 7: It's been a tough stretch. I don't think there's any denying that. But you know what, every season's got to have a tough stretch. Every season's got to have the low point, and this is that one. And then the Twins after this series with the drunken Scanies, they're going to come back home and they're going to play the Orioles in the Phillies. So and actually one of those games is the Netflix Field of Dreams.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's sweet.
Speaker 6: So there's stuff to look forward to, Chris, can I ask you a series of questions. Go ahead, tell me if these things interest you. Walking clubs, walk bingo or trivia? You like bingo or trivia?
Speaker 4: I like both of those things.
Speaker 2: Card games and board games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I could do probably, Yeah, absolutely, happy hours, movie nights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what kind of movies?
Speaker 6: Uh, you know, recent films. Book and discussion clubs? Talking about books?
Speaker 4: Are we talking like the bathtub books?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: Arts and crafts? Gardening?
Speaker 4: What about like d magic day trips or group excursions day trips? I mean yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, sure.
Speaker 6: Sure, because I asked, uh Ai, what are common activities at a senior living facility? Group fitness classes, creative arts, cognitive games, social hours, outdoor gardening.
Speaker 4: Or excursion back to the group thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Group fitness classes, yes, like chair yoga and stretching.
Speaker 2: You need help cherry yoga, chair yoga.
Speaker 5: My god, look at him, Look at him. I mean one leg in the air.
Speaker 2: It's over for him, and now the other leg.
Speaker 10: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It is actually kind of pathetic. Most of this list is what I like the most.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just playing cards, sitting around, watching movies, talking about stuff.
Speaker 5: Living senior you just don't have the facility yet.
Speaker 3: If you're the hottest dude in the senior living facility, you're still the hottest dude.
Speaker 5: It's a great way to look at it. I mean, man, that's a great way to look at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all the.
Speaker 5: Hens are talking.
Speaker 4: About you, the ones that you can still talk.
Speaker 5: All the hens are putting their dangers in and talking about you.
Speaker 2: Chris Honkey, O, my god, he loves the smokers. No, no, don't work, No, don't.
Speaker 4: Max did the clarification, No.
Speaker 5: No, it's for shocking only.
Speaker 4: Move on.
Speaker 2: There's another hawk sincerity.
Speaker 8: You need a sexual meeting, a sectional meeting, like you want some couch. You need to call somebody about your problem.
Speaker 2: What did you mean by sectional meeting?
Speaker 10: Said?
Speaker 2: I meant sexual.
Speaker 8: You need to talk to somebody, futon. This is couch, couch, this is futon. Put them together. You got a sectional.
Speaker 2: Sectional meeting. You should. He's definitely watching and have a sexual meeting. That what sectional? Yeah, you need to talk to somebody.
Speaker 4: You need to talk on English, I said sexual right, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Man on the Links Transition they have won ten straight. They are fifteen and a half point favorites Tonightykes.
Speaker 2: I think La played last night too. Who did they play? Hawk the Spires?
Speaker 6: Like the Credit Unison, they lost in parts. What do you think about the name Cleveland Sirens?
Speaker 5: WHOA, I'm not as excited as Sauce is about it.
Speaker 7: I remember the Cleveland Rockers when they were a team and original team, and I'm sure you guys were big fans.
Speaker 5: I don't know is a siren.
Speaker 7: It's not siren like on the top of a cop car, though, It's something in a body of water.
Speaker 5: What is the siren in a body of water? I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Greek literature and not just Greek probably, but ancient literature. The ladies who would sing and you were unable to avoid them, so they would lure you to their island with their singing and then take it vantage of you.
Speaker 8: Consume you, sir, living No, that's all that is correct. And again the sirens scene in the Odyssey is just amazing. Yeah, it's awesome, awesome.
Speaker 4: Super hot babes who you just basically just say, well, I guess I live here.
Speaker 6: Have you seen Old brother Were Although the Comen Brothers movie with George Clooney. You know that the three gals that are like doing laundry in the river and they're singing, and then all three of them are fighting the urge to just run into the river and hook up with those chicks because they.
Speaker 2: Can't, they can't help it. Those are the quote sirens in that movie.
Speaker 5: All right, well, I saw it once when it came out twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 2: Nope, it's so good. It's it's like the modern version is the temptation part of it.
Speaker 6: Sirens are supposed to be tempting, Like you cannot fight the temptation when sirens are singing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't, I don't know why they have no understand it.
Speaker 3: Pictured here as Mermaids as well in their logo, I don't I don't remember that being.
Speaker 4: Right the same thing, but there you go. That's their new logo. I like the I like the color scheme. Yeah that's cool, and she looks uh.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that that. Yes, I love the creativity.
Speaker 7: We had the Toronto Tempo joining in Golden State Valkyries joining the league, so you know we're we're expanding, or get.
Speaker 5: Detroit coming in Portland.
Speaker 7: Fired. You know, it's the W is growing, w is growing, and the Links are dominating. The Links have not lost a game since July sixth. It's about a full month since they lost a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be at it. They're going to do it. Do what win the whole thing?
Speaker 4: How could they not?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they stay healthy, They're going to win the whole thing. Who do you think they'll play in the first round?
Speaker 2: Hawk?
Speaker 4: The probably the Georgia. Ask Garys?
Speaker 2: The Georgia, Ask Garys? Yeah? Who Dalvin Cooks on that team? The Gags.
Speaker 5: Ge that's pretty good. That's good, ma'am, ma'am, ma'am.
Speaker 7: The Links are twenty five and six with a three and a half game lead. Said this on Tuesday, their lead, the lead between one and two at that time was three. Now it's three and a half. Is the same between two and eight.
Speaker 6: So there's a big group of nothing behind us. They're all kind of the same. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Everybody else.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Links are head and shoulders, knees and toes above the rest of the league.
Speaker 2: Well said, thank you, ma'am. Bikey's news in a second Christmas down there yesterday talk to Brad Childers for thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: We had a good talk.
Speaker 6: But also watch some practice and it sounds like you have at least one Viking to discuss.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I haven't talking about it for you for sure.
Speaker 6: Williams Walleton eight will play Team Codes later. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the.
Speaker 2: Film from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by Saples. Good Morning. We have delays on ninety four East.
Speaker 3: We just watched the siren scene in here from My Brother's Also good Man. Even at that point I didn't realize it, but I believe that might be the first time that George Corney says that his first name is Ulysses.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sure, how about that? Yeah that cool anyway, great film, great movie.
Speaker 4: I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: Oh really, he's never seen it.
Speaker 4: He's going to watch it till that he promised.
Speaker 2: Or my favorites maybe yeah, polarizing. Know.
Speaker 6: I know a lot of people that don't like it, but I think it's awesome. Yeah, just a dry humor.
Speaker 4: Cloney's just so good.
Speaker 2: He is awesome in that movie. Well, this plays a geographical two weeks from Everywhere he's so good.
Speaker 4: I think it doesn't hear nuts. I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm a dad for dand Man. Just just the writing's great.
Speaker 6: John Goodman's great, Tim Blake Nelson's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 4: What's his name? The other guy's great?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: How about that casting? Three for three? The main three guys, perfect, brilliant.
Speaker 5: I might have to watch it again.
Speaker 2: It's as good.
Speaker 4: On the Power Trip right presented by Try to Come.
Speaker 2: Her First one Soggy Bottom Boys.
Speaker 6: At the end, Man when that crowd goes nuts and Clooney has that look on his face like what is this? Sweet hell is happening? And he realizes, am I famous? I'm famous?
Speaker 2: How do you guys know? This song? Just a slammer? It's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that song was big for a while.
Speaker 2: It was because it's awesome.
Speaker 3: It's a great song. That whole sounds right. It's just really really good, really really good. Yesterday, the Mark Wilf, the president I believe is the official title of the Minnesota Vikings, spoke to the press about the team and the state of the team and about his coach and he talked about this.
Speaker 11: We evaluate everything in the totality and like I said, where coach Connall has brought this entire building and this team to now, we're extremely pleased and.
Speaker 2: We look forward to great things from coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there was a minor controversy that was much ado about nothing because of these next comments. But after going on and on and on and on for the entire press comforts about how much they loved coach O'Connell, he was asked about the lack of playoff wins and Super Bowl appearances, and this is what he said.
Speaker 11: Ultimately, it's about more not just playoff wins, but championships, and that is the ultimate measure. We know that we try to be patient as an ownership, and that's what that we know is the ultimate success.
Speaker 2: But of course patients isn't infinite, we understand.
Speaker 11: But I feel really good about the direction of this football club and we're going to get those those benchmarks checked off here.
Speaker 3: So if you read or hear something this morning saying that that, now you've heard the context of that. That wasn't a slight at the coach or even a threat to the coach. That was just an answer to a question. And I heard some other people taking it out of context.
Speaker 6: So I think don't we all understand and believe in This is state in the obvious, but it's the truth that, like Josh Allen's never won a super Bowl, right, yeah, no, Josh Allen is a super Bowl caliber winning quarterback though, correct.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: Once, once you know you have a super Bowl winning quarterback or caliber quarterback, then your set And I feel the same way about coaches, right once you're like, we have a coach that is good enough to get us there, then that's all that matters. Like if the Wolves can go, all right, we don't have the quarterback, we don't have the team, but when we do, this coach is good enough. If they feel that way about Koc, then he shouldn't feel the hot seat at all, because what's the difference, right If you're like, well, we're we can't wait forever for Kels, Well, if he's good enough to win the Super Bowl, it's not his fault that the roster is.
Speaker 3: Not ready, yeah, or full enough or got injested ye yeah exactly, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, right, So you got to have a coach, you gotta have his quarterback. If you don't have both, it's going to be tough.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And as we've talked, about all week his come back and be when I do have quarterback play and I don't have nine guys playing the position, I win thirteen and then fourteen games, right. I mean, as we talked about, the game was terrible, but they were on the cusp of being the number one overall scene when they.
Speaker 2: Had good quarterback play.
Speaker 8: And if they can get that out of I would assume now Kyler Murray, they can do the same thing. Their offense is outstanding in the defense with as you pointed out, Hawk, with a lot of these rookies contributing, could be really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple of things for you, and you're gonna be really happy to hear this, Saucy. I think Dallas Turner has turned the corner good. He looks like he looks like a man. Yeah, he's looks so fast off the ball obviously running with the ones right now. Just looks like everything you want him to be he has turned out to be. And also he looks confident, which you know, I think by definition as a rookie, you're coming in your own and so much that's something you aren't going to display right away. He's not displaying that anymore. He looks like a football player. He looks like a first round draft pick. I think you're going to be really excited about Yeah, that's awesome. I think we're also going to be very excited about the running game. And I don't think there's any way to doubt the significance of it and the fact that they're putting an emphasis on it in practice. Out there watching yesterday, Mason looks much much bigger. And this kid we got demand Claiborne, twenty one year old out of Wake Forest, rookie this year, twenty two years old. You know how you see people, You're like, why that guy's fast?
Speaker 4: He's different.
Speaker 3: He just when he gets the ball and makes a cut, it's not just straight line running, it's quickness as well.
Speaker 4: Sort of.
Speaker 3: As I was talking to Childress yesterday and coach former coach Childress was out there. It was great to talk to him when we spent some time talking yesterday, and I'm kind of maybe taking his words a little bit out of context, but we were talking about Clayborne and he was comparing that kind of quickness to Tyreek Hill and seeing him run for the first time. He wasn't necessarily comparing the two players, but he was talking about how there's a difference between somebody who can run fast in a straight line and somebody who's just there and gone with quickness side to side. And that's what I saw and what everybody is seeing right now out of this kid. If you find a way to get the ball in his hands, it's going to be something we haven't seen on the Vikings in a very very long time, maybe since Percy Harmon. If you remember what it was like to watch him run like that, It's it's a different kind of quickness. So I'm excited to see this young man.
Speaker 2: That's sweet man. Yeah, yeah, sweet man. There's a lot of hype around a kid that was drafted as late as he was. Yeah, absolutely so.
Speaker 6: I mean he's still got to do it in the games. But yeah, from an athletic perspective, everybody's raving about him.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: D Christian darrisaw, you can just tell he's a different level of healthy this year. Just watching him in practice and watching him with his teammates and such like that. I'm super duper excited about that. Golday Josh is a Josh Golden Jake j golday Man the linebacker that we've got he'll get a lot of play this year.
Speaker 4: You can just tell this.
Speaker 3: He doesn't. He doesn't seem to be playing like a rookie. He seems to be on top of everything at all three positions as well. Which kid's smart to learn all three positions, especially as a rookie. If there's an opportunity to go in and play, that's huge. But the other name, and I'm looking right now through the names of the cornerbacks, the rookie demis. Yes, you're going to read if you look around today in the athletic and all that. I haven't been a lot of time looking at the articles today, and everyone is talking about this kid. His name's Charles Demings, a rookie out of Stephen f Austin, State six. I'm already doing some things that are popping in practice, in coverage against sometimes against the big name receivers on your squad. Keep an eye out for Charles Demings. May have been the steal of the draft for your Minnesota Like this.
Speaker 10: Whoa.
Speaker 3: That's and this is coming from a guy who was watching from the sidelines and doesn't know much about him, but I do listen. That's one of the things I'm good about and I was hearing people mumbling a lot of people mumbling about Charles Demings history.
Speaker 2: I've been listening to somebody mumble for two and a half hours. Who oh man.
Speaker 8: So, as you just stated hogs Daddy that they're getting run from the rookies, TALEB Banks is going to start, gold A will probably play a lot.
Speaker 3: Yep, Big Citrus definitely he was start. Yeah, he was back healthy yesterday.
Speaker 8: Full Back Max Brettison, Ye, he will probably start in the CJ. Ham role. And if they get anything out of Charles Demians the corner back, that would be greater than demand clayboard. So that is one, two, three, four, five six guys. Yeah, that's what this team has lacked over. You know, when you try and supplement the team and free agency, you can do it, but if you get nothing from the younger, cheaper players, you're in tough shape. If you can combine both, that's how you become what the Rams are, right, they've combined free agency, and you know they've drafted well with the picks that they've had.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's how you do it, man.
Speaker 8: They got to get these younger, cheaper guys to make a difference, and this team can be really good.
Speaker 2: How bad do you want to sneeze right now? I'm just stuffed up in my nose. I don't have to sneeze. It's just.
Speaker 10: Gross.
Speaker 2: Why do you want me to sneeze? Is that your thing? Shame? That's my thing?
Speaker 5: Does Louis have one of those blues sections?
Speaker 2: He wears Ladyeah. He had a blow out yesterday, so they put him in Lady Lady sweatpants. You know how ladies have sweatpants?
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, when you're when your kid goes to daycare, that is part of your responsibility is you have to send yeah, backup clothes. But then when you kind of forget when they're when they're out of their backup clothes, until you pick them up and they're wearing some other hoochie's.
Speaker 5: Clothes and you're like, who.
Speaker 4: Yeh, whoops, Yeah, been there?
Speaker 2: Come on, Louise, Yeah, come on? What did you call him? Back to Loop Paul?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Ty Felton looked good yesterday. I've seen some good things out of him.
Speaker 3: I know it's the second time I've mentioned that, but it's good to see another young man actually doing some good things. But a veteran who I believe another veteran already mentioned our tackle, but another veteran who now looks one.
Speaker 4: Hundred percent.
Speaker 2: T J Hockinson.
Speaker 3: Man, Yes, you nailed it first, guess, and you're right. TJ was everywhere yesterday. He's been everywhere in the first two practices that I've been out there to see when they've had pads on. He just again, I don't think there's any way to discount difference between somebody who is dealing with injuries and somebody who feels like themselves again. And both those guys that I just mentioned look like they are back to one. I think we might be sitting on a good season, guys. I really believe it, and I Kyler, he did a couple of things yesterday where he got to he felt pressure and got out of the pocket and you're like, Okay, I can't remember the last time I saw a Vikings quarterback do the thing that I hate when other quarterbacks do to us, and that is scramble out of the pocket and take off for twenty yards.
Speaker 4: Having that on our team is going to be the difference. Man.
Speaker 3: Extend the play, Extend the play, make something out of nothing, and not on cold plays. I'm talking about when the pocket collapses and you just take off and there's nothing you can do to defend that.
Speaker 2: McCarthy, What did you see at the McCarthy.
Speaker 4: Less than that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean again, I I'm just as I'm just a dude who watches football. I don't know anything about anything. I'm no Ben Leebra, I'm no Pete Bursich. I'm not even you know a reporter who could give you. I'm just telling you when I'm seeing somebody conducting the offense, I'm seeing a veteran and I'm seeing somebody who's still because he's only played ten games, still sort of looks.
Speaker 4: Like a rookie.
Speaker 2: What the did the coach say anything? Did Chili say anything about J. J. McCarthy. No, So he was just asking about initials.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what we talked talking about Jay. The thirty or so minutes we talked about. Ten minutes of it was about the initials game.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Brad Childers, I like you, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: The thing that when viral the other day was one of the scouts said that he looked it looks like football's hard for him, and then a bunch of clips with viral of him in college, like before the cheating allegations, where they were like filming other people whatever they were doing right, and it looked really hard for him.
Speaker 4: You know what's weird though? What's what again? This is all just me speculating, just like I'm just like a fan. I am, That's what I am.
Speaker 2: I'm what you're looking.
Speaker 4: I'm lucky to have a really good job. I love my job.
Speaker 3: But when it comes down to it, I'm just a guy who watches football just like anybody else. What I see as a guy who can do it, I mean the passes he makes when there's when it's what he calls seven on seven drills, I guess when it's not when there's mass rush. Yeah, when there's no pass rush, it's unbelievable. He's you know, and then when he's conducting the offense from times to time, it looks like a lot of indecision and a lot of fear of making a mistake. And I don't know, I don't know how you get past that. I don't know what you have to do in order to take a step back and just remember that you know how to play the position. Because when he's not under pressure, his excuse me, for sound and dirty. I'm not meaning to he does. Balls are darts, they really are. He can throw a football like crazy when there's not a lot of pressure.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's something that that he can fight through and can still be a great quarterback in this league. We've seen it happen before. I mean, we saw it happen with the kid who won the super Bowl last year. So nothing's impossible. I don't but I feel good about Kyler, I really do. And I feel good about Carson too. I mean, this is the NFL. A backup is going to have to play for us at some point this season by you know, all the percentages tell you.
Speaker 4: And Carson looks really good. He looks like a great quarterbacks.
Speaker 8: So if you had to guess, Hawk, yes, sir, who's the second who's the backup?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: Can you give me a week?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me a week and I'll tell you as of right now, I just I think I've always loved Carson, and we saw what he did last year with no time in training camp, and now he looks healthy. I'll tell you this, there are gonna be a lot of squads that he'd be the starter on by week by season.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, by week four of this season.
Speaker 3: If he's he's capable of playing football in this league still, And there's a lot of teams out there who don't have a Carson Wentz playing quarterback as a starter right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, you're right, thank you. I mean you can start for the Browns, thank you. Both their quarterbacks could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he probably guns. He's not great in the forty Crisol, but yeah, but he'd stay in the pocket.
Speaker 8: He killed a lot of heart in the park the parket.
Speaker 4: So that was what I got from going out the chempistry.
Speaker 2: I love all right.
Speaker 6: William S Wallach in a second team codes in the eight o'clock hour, Headlines in the eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Hour, More with Marney Galliner on a Thursday, This is the Power to Winy two on the van from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Rocato dot Com. Good morning,