Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can. They printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now you're inside man with the La Dodgers. It's David Basset.
Speaker 5: We are live at Oracle Park in San Francisco. It's Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. The Dodgers trying to salvage the final game of this three game series and end the road trip on a high note today with Tyler glassnow on the mound going up against Logan Webb of the Giants. First pitch coming up at twelve forty five.
Speaker 4: Coming up.
Speaker 5: Over the next sixty minutes here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts about the lineup change, Kyle Tucker moving to the cleanup spot, Freddie Freeman now hitting second, and also we'll go on on one with Blake Snell, who had a successful first rehab start yesterday in San Jose. Last night here in San Francisco, show Hey Otani the pitcher was outstanding, Otani the hitter, and the Dodger offense not so much. Only three Dodgers had a hit, and O'tani was not one of them. Show Hey back doing double duty as the starting pitcher and DH on the mound six shutout innings.
Speaker 4: He was phenomenal.
Speaker 5: Seven strikeouts, scattered five hits, and certainly a big night for him on the mound.
Speaker 6: You will Smith right now, what are you going to be tolling?
Speaker 4: And it is down, You've got to block it with everything.
Speaker 6: You've got to make sure he doesn't get past you.
Speaker 7: The one two pitch he struck him out. Oltani turls off the mount and pumps his fist as he strands a pair of two out hits to keep the game scoreless.
Speaker 4: That was in the sixth inning.
Speaker 5: His final batter Casey Schmidt, with runners at second and third with two outs in that sixth inning in a scoreless tie. He used two sweepers and one hundred mile an hour fastball to strike out Schmidt in that at bat, and he showed emotion coming off the mound, seventh strikeout of the game. That was the exclamation mark on all that. As good as O'tani was Tyler Mallley, who came into the game with an over seven ELRA pitched seven shutout innings against the Dodgers last night, holding them to just three hits. Jack Dreyer came in in the seventh inning to relieve o'tani. Back to back singles got him in trouble early, and then Patrick Bailey, the number nine hitter, with two strikes, changed the game.
Speaker 2: Another one two pitch, Baily listened here to left field hit date, this ball's back and it is gone.
Speaker 7: Patrick Bailey breaks the ice with his first home run of the season, his first extra base hit, a three run homer.
Speaker 5: The number nine hitter, Patrick Bailey, down one two in the count, got a hanging slider from Drag Dryer and the Giants had a three to nothing lead.
Speaker 4: That would be the final score.
Speaker 5: In the first time this year, the Dodgers have been shut out. The Dodgers by the way show Hey o Tani over four so his on base streek comes to an end at fifty three straight games. Sean Green can exhale now somewhere in Newport Beach. The Dodgers have no time to feel sorry for themselves. Quick turnaround today and for the first time, let's check in with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, DV. Great to be with you on this pregame show and great to be with you MO. As the Dodgers finish up this seven game road trip, it's going to be a losing road trip and they need to win a day to avoid a sweep. And if you'd have been told going into San Francisco, hey, the Dodgers are going to get seven innings from Yamamoto at quality start and six shoutout from Otani, you probably would have bet that it's the Dodgers going for a sweep on this Thursday.
Speaker 3: But the offense has been dead quiet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you would think with those two pitching performances you're talking about, they get titleer glassnow on the mound today, you would think, well, the numbers should be better than two and four. The numbers don't always add up to who wins and who loses. Because here's some numbers that threw together this morning. The Dodgers have out hit the opponents twenty nine to twenty five. On this road trip, they have outscored the opposing teams fifty six to forty nine, and yet they have dropped four into the lost column and the sixth that they have played, And one of the big reasons is that they have just passed up opportunities to score. Talk about it very often, but the Dodgers in this two game series thus far against the Giants are zero for nine with runners in scoring position, and on the road trip they're hitting collectively just one seventy seven both the Rockies and the the Giants combine on this trip with runners in scoring position. If he had an even three hundred, that's a great disparity as far as what's going to happen under that big part in the scoreboard that says are meaning runs and.
Speaker 2: It's not just with runners and score position, just ment on base period. This Syearies, they're three for twenty two just overall, they're batting one seventeen the first two games. They've been absolutely stifled by Land and Roupe, Tyler Malley and a giant bullpen that is pitching very well. Now we ask the question on yesterday's broadcast, if I'm not mistaken moling. At what point do you consider maybe changing the lineup? Well, the Dodgers are doing that on this Sunday. Kyle Tucker is just he's not right. He's not fully there yet his first season as a Dodger, he has.
Speaker 3: Yet to break out.
Speaker 2: And so he's bumped down in the order and Freddie Freeman back to the two hole.
Speaker 8: And yet with Tucker kind of scrambling around right now with the the swing, he's batting in the four spot, which kind of catches you by surprise. But yes, Freddy Freeman batt second behind Otani, then ta Oscar Hernandez Max Munsey again well bat fifth, he's at third base, pile his patrolling in center Fieldalton Rushing with the start today behind the plate, and we'll see about his bat has been hot except for the last outing that he was having. And for Alex frielan back in the lineup at second base with Kim at shortstop.
Speaker 9: So you're kind of.
Speaker 8: Changing at least the positioning of the batting order. Our big question is going to be does Dave Roberts continue to think about changing the positioning of the batting order when Shohotani is the starting pitcher on top of it, and that's something that may get more close of a look as we continue in the season.
Speaker 2: I think they're just going to have to sprinkle it in because the Dodgers are always playing the long game. They're always getting ready for the stretcherrun of the regular season and obviously through the postseason, and you want to keep him as fresh as possible.
Speaker 8: But the other part two is is enabling him if you put him in the number even if number two spot right, you know, if you put him in the lineup in the middle in.
Speaker 3: Three, four or maybe even five.
Speaker 8: On the days that he's pitching, that does give him a little bit of a breather between coming off of the mound and then coming in not even going to the dugout and changing and putting the helmet on and getting the bat and putting the batting gloves on. He doesn't even sat down from just pitching right.
Speaker 2: And he also just he's not himself offensively yet either. He's one for eight in this series, is batting average down to two fifty eight. He's still searching for his swing. And so the Dodgers being in this position still tie the top of the division. Despite so you know, they're missing one of their big guns and movie betts for at least another couple of weeks, and then two of their other all stars and their MVPs Old Tani and Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 3: They're searching for it at the place.
Speaker 2: So all things consider the Dodgers in a great spot despite all that, because that's how much talent they have on the roster. They're gonna need that talent to come through today, get a win and.
Speaker 3: Avoid a sweep. We'll be back a little bit later DV with a key from home.
Speaker 5: All right, sounds good And as we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and mojos now.
Speaker 4: At Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Giants coming up at twelve forty five. A great pitching matchup between Tyler Glass now and Logan Webb. I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Giants Game three Here in San Francisco at Oracle Park, Tyler Glass now coming up against Logan Webb at twelve forty five.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani re.
Speaker 2: What he had nineteen swings and missus his first two starts combined. It was a huge up tip that last turn another two to two, strike three, call the fastball down the pipe and Adonis knew it right away. County even two and two. Here's the pitch, sway, I'm gonna miss strike three. All four outs recorded to start this game from show Hey Old Tani strikeouts.
Speaker 3: The one two pitch.
Speaker 7: He struck him out. Old Tani turls off the mount and pumps his fist as he strands a pair of two out hits to keep the game scoreless.
Speaker 5: The dominance of show Hey Otani on the mound this year continued last night with six shutout inning, seven strikeouts, no walks in a no decision. Otani this year, in four starts has an ERA of zero thirty eight and his whip is zero seventy five.
Speaker 4: That's how good he's been.
Speaker 5: And certainly if he gets to that one hundred and sixty two any market some point this season, he definitely would be in the conversation for the National League Cy Young Award. Let's check in now with Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Kirston Watson brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way.
Speaker 4: To get rid of your old car.
Speaker 5: Donate today and your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfourkids dot org.
Speaker 4: That's Cars with a K.
Speaker 5: Well, Kirston, your final game before National TV takes over the next two days at Dodger Stadium. I feel like I'm pointing the finger at you since the camera well is connected to this Dodger dugout. The bats have been a little consato, Kirsten. What have you been hearing down here?
Speaker 10: You know what I think? Right now when you talk to the guys, you're just hearing that they're frustration with the inconsistencies are having at the plane. It's like we're seeing moments and when you know, guys are breaking out.
Speaker 1: Typically on the road.
Speaker 10: The bats have been hot, but when you look at what we've been seeing on this roach. I'm obviously playing in Denver it can be a hitters park but also can prove to have some challenges. They took two of four there, but in that final game we did see things get hot, and so it was a bit surprising than to come to San Francisco where things have been a bit quieter. But it sounds like just from seeing the guys some of their emotions reactions, it feels like, yes, the Bats have cooled off in this side, but it also seems like they've been facing some really strong pitching from the Giants. Their guys have showed up, we saw with Mali yesterday, So I think for today it's really just finding ways to stay stick to their approach, stick to their true selves, and hopefully find ways to get going to find a way to pick up a win in the series.
Speaker 5: You're more in the game here than you are in other ballparks and dugouts.
Speaker 4: So are you hearing frustrations? What are you hearing?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 10: At times it is frustrations. I feel like kind of more on the back end. I think the other day in Game one was probably the first time I've seen and heard some frustration from Kyle Tucker. Alex Frielan was a little upset with himself, I think with some of the There was a an at bat in which if he had challenge, I would have overturned it. And I think kind of he realizing that it was a ball when you wanted to challenge it and not doing so. You could see kind of just some frustration with him after game one. So it is a thing. It is starting to build debt. But ultimately, these are guys, they're professionals. They know kind of they know who they are at the play, they know who they are as professional athletes. So it's more of sticking to their approach not letting the frustrations build over time.
Speaker 5: All right, We'll see whether or not Kirsten Watson can get the bets woken up today.
Speaker 3: I'll do my best.
Speaker 10: I'll do my best. We have a lineup shake up, so we'll see if that kind adds a little.
Speaker 1: Fire to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it. Kyle Tucker hitting clean up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I like it too. And I think, you know, obviously, Logan Webb's a very talented picture is kind of had the best numbers this year. But let's see if they can find ways to get to him and at least leave San Francisco with a happy flight, a win and even kind of ending this road trip. I think on a more positive note when you come to the results and how they're able to kind of finish things out.
Speaker 5: All right, Thanks Kirsten. Great to see you, and we'll catch up with you on Sunday.
Speaker 10: All right, but are you a believer?
Speaker 4: I'm a believer?
Speaker 1: Yes, everyone, we.
Speaker 10: Have quite a few. Actually, I've seen so the song here choice at the end of the game, when they the fans choose, it's been Baby by Justin Bieber. And I have noticed when I look over there have been quite a few guys who are singing Baby by Justin Bieber. So we have a lot of believers on this.
Speaker 5: Team, Okay, a lot of guilty pleasures. Nobody will admit except you.
Speaker 10: No, I've got a few. I've got a few that are willing to admit.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 10: Freddie has said he is a believer. We've got Tanter'scott not a believer. He was very adamant. He's like, my wife has been up talking about this concert and blah blah blah. Not one, but we have quite a few.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: We'll keep an eye on that. We'll see whether or not that wakes up the bats. Still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck we'll preview today's pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: We'll go one on one with snell Zilla.
Speaker 5: Plus we'll get you the latest Dodger injury report Dodgers and Giants coming up at twelve forty five. I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, who on your home for the all season.
Speaker 5: Low Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, continuing live from Oracle Park in San Francisco. As we get you set for first pitch between the Dodgers and Giants, Morongo Casino Resort and Spa A Grand Slam for good times. It's Tyler Glass now and Logan Webb in the final game of this three game series. First pitch coming up at twelve forty five.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 5: Your Dodger Injury Report presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the back to back World Champion Dodgers. Edwin Diaz posted on his Instagram yesterday that he did have successful surgery on his right elbow removing loose bodies. His return is somewhere between two and three months Dave Roberts just said the second half of the season. Mookie Betts is on the il with a right oblique string.
Speaker 4: Good news as it per tains to him.
Speaker 5: He is starting to swing the back, which is a good sign that he's on the way to return to the Dodger lineup. Rock Stewart is on a minor league rehab assignment as he works his way back from shoulder surgery. And Bruce dark Gradol, who has not pitched much in the last two years, having difficult setbacks with his right throwing shoulder as well, sent me a text yesterday, see you soon. So that's great news if the Dodgers can get Stuart and Graderol back in the next couple of months. All Right, it's time now to hear from manager Dave Roberts, who explained the line of thinking of changing the lineup and having Kyle Tucker hit cleanup today.
Speaker 8: Question for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave, Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think it's more of just trying to uh give Kyle a different look.
Speaker 9: I think that.
Speaker 11: Obviously, you know, going through it right now and not feeling great at the plate. So sometimes you know, the different visual letting the game come to a little bit before jumping in there, and the two you know changes is your outlook and potentially the results.
Speaker 9: So that's kind of the thought. And I'm gonna stick.
Speaker 11: With this for for the foreseeable future and we'll see where.
Speaker 12: It goes with talking to the guys right now and just what do you want to see from the offense as collective as they do look to get back on track. Obviously only four hits last night, but really to kind of get back to the quality that we have been seeing through must.
Speaker 3: Of this season.
Speaker 11: You know what, I was looking at the game last night and I thought, there are there are a lot of good at bets. I thought we had some balls hard and this guy today is hard to square up. We've got him, He's got us really a lot of respect for Webbing. So for me, just take good at bets and I do think that it'll turn. It's one of those things that baseball hitting is pretty cyclical, and right now, you know, recently we're just not getting the results that we would expect.
Speaker 5: Have you gathered from Kyle that he wasn't comfortable hitting second.
Speaker 11: No, No, I just went into him last night and just had a quick conversation and you know, just told of my thoughts and he was agreeable and that was it.
Speaker 9: So you know, yeah, so that that was kind of old.
Speaker 11: But I didn't have any other feeling outside of just kind of feeling just to change it up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Did you still feel him trying to do a little bit as much and just doing this tak some of them? Just like the pressure off is I kind of work to do?
Speaker 9: You know, I do feel he's trying to do too much.
Speaker 11: It's still a prime part in the order, and so, you know, I'd like to think that it's not pressure based, but the reality is that he's scuffling right now. I definitely expect him to come out of it and you know and hit and get on base and do what he's done for many years. So yeah, honestly, Jack, I just wanted to change it up and felt like it was time.
Speaker 5: All right, there's manager Dave Roberts on deciding to drop Kyle Tucker down in the order from the number two spot to hitting cleanup. And look like Dave Roberts said, hitting cleanup is not a demotion it's just a chance for Tucker to ease into the game, and from what I've heard, Tucker really likes to see what that pitcher's got that day, and hitting seconds. Sometimes maybe he's doing what you're not supposed to do as a hitter, and that's rush to hit. When we continue here a Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll get into more of Kyle Tucker and the Dodgers' batting order, and also you'll hear from Oral Herscheizer, who joined us yesterday and shared some of his memories of pitching not here at Oracle Park, but at Candlestick Park, which was archaic to put it kindly. We're leading you up to first pitch between the Dodgers and Giants, first pitch at twelve forty five. I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, this.
Speaker 1: Is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: David Vasse live at Oracle Park in San Francisco, as the Dodgers are wrapping up this seven game road trip today, trying to salvage the final game of this series against the Giants.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers have only scored one run.
Speaker 5: In the first two games of this series, and Rick Monday will touch on this, I'm sure, several times when it comes up, but he did show it to me last night after the game.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers on this road trip are hitting just.
Speaker 5: One seventy seven with runners in goring position, while their opponents, the Rockies and Giants, are hitting three hundred with runners in scoring position. First pitch is coming up at twelve forty five. Dodger Baseball brought to you by El Pato, born in la and made for your game day. El Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas and hot sauces. El Pato gourmee in a cam well. We talked about this yesterday and last night on Dodger Talk. The fact that shoe Heotani as a Dodger in sixty four at bats when he pitches, is only hitting now two oh three and is on bay streak came to an end yesterday at fifty three. All of that, combined with the fact two weeks ago in Toronto, Shoeotani told me that April's not his month, it might be for everybody else. You look at his numbers in the month of April over the course of his career, I would say the majority of baseball players that are in this league would take his April.
Speaker 4: But the reality is Otani.
Speaker 5: Said he's looking forward to a much better May. And last May he hit fifteen home runs that month. That was the most home runs that he hit in any month last season. So he's looking to heat up with the weather in May. Dave Roberts said it was his decision. It was the manager's decision to have Otani leading off and dhing today with a day game after going six scoreless sinnings last night, and he has been terrific on the mound. If he's really going after that Cy Young Award, he's certainly off to a great start with an ERA of zero thirty eight. Another Dodger that won a Cy Young Award is a couple of boosts down, and that is the nineteen eighty eight National League Cy Young Award winner in Oral Herscheizer. He joined us yesterday and as Rick Monday knows, the Dodgers and Giants are living the good life here in this brand new ballpark that's only twenty something years old. Because where the Giants played when they first moved to San Francisco at Candlestick Point Candlestick Park, it was not the friendly confines.
Speaker 4: And here's what ORL.
Speaker 5: Hirscheizer had to say as far as his memories of pitching there.
Speaker 13: Well, I loved Candlestick Park because I loved playing the wind. It was another element where you could win the game. And so if the wind was off my left cheek, there were other certain pitches that would do certain things. If it was off my right cheek, there were certain pitches that would do certain things.
Speaker 3: I would rather throw.
Speaker 13: A hanging curveball and have Matt Williams hit it into the wind than to throw my best pitch ever low and away and now he hits it to right center where the wind was gusting out.
Speaker 4: I always followed the hot Dog rappers.
Speaker 13: I always talked to my infielders and outfielders about the wind, and I always looked at that place as a place that even though it was cold and it was rainy sometimes and it was you know, windy, those elements made it a next level for somebody who wanted to think on how to win the game, and those kind of elements.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: That was orl Hrscheizer, and he did his homework on not only the hitters he was facing, but obviously the conditions at Candlestick Park. We're brought to you by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends and the North American Truck.
Speaker 4: Of the Year. The Ford Maverick everything you.
Speaker 5: Need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP of its category. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California Ford Dealers today. After the Dodgers wrap this game up today, they're headed back to Dodger Stadium to open up a six game homestand we hope to see you at Dodger Stadium tomorrow night as the Dodgers open up a three game series against Craig Council, Pete Crow Armstrong and.
Speaker 4: The Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 5: The Cubs are at Wrigley Field today, tied at one in the bottom of the third inning with the Phillies. Once the Cubs leave town on Sunday, the Dodgers will welcome in Clayton McCullough's Marlins to Dodgers Stadium. For a three game series. So make your plans now to join us at Dodger Stadium on this homestand celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day. Weekend admission parking in a program is only ten dollars.
Speaker 4: Even every Friday is free.
Speaker 5: Explore new experiences at the Great Race Place Santa Anita dot Com. Slash events coming up still between now and first pitch at twelve forty five, the one and only snel Zilla will join us. Plus we'll check in with Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner. First pitch between the Dodgers and Giants coming up at twelve forty five on the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: We are live at Oracle Park in San Francisco as the Dodgers and Giants are getting said for first pitch at twelve forty five. Tyler Glass now against Logan Webb. The pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: D Who's Hot?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfeing Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: Hey, we got to go back to a Dodger giant historic moment here. October two, two thousand and four, the final day, the final weekend of the regular season, and it was coming down to the Dodgers trying to win the NL West. They were down three to nothing after former Dodger Marquise Grissom homered.
Speaker 4: In the seventh inning.
Speaker 5: But in the ninth inning the Dodgers were down but not out as they got after the Giants bullpen. The Dodgers had the bases loaded, trying to score three runs to tie the game at three. Then still with the bases loaded, up came Steve Finley.
Speaker 3: On and one the cound at Finley.
Speaker 14: The outfield is shallow, the infield is up. Finley today is one for four, Franklin, said Wayne Ruddy, and deal swung on high fly ball the deep right field, wherever it goes. The Dodgers have one Grand Slam home run.
Speaker 4: I have always.
Speaker 14: Spelled there are no words to describe a situation like this except the roar of the crowd, and for those of us privileged to be here watching the Dodgers just about jump out.
Speaker 1: Of their uniform.
Speaker 5: What a finish, Another legendary call by the legend himself, Vin Scully. The Dodgers with seven runs in the bottom of the ninth inning to beat the Giants that day seventy three and clinch the NS. It was the Dodgers' first time back in the postseason since nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 4: Maight have times have changed.
Speaker 5: This Hafy Magical moment was brought to you by Hafy hot Dogs, Hafey Sokel's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Haffy hot Dogs, Local and so great.
Speaker 5: When we continue live from San Francisco, we'll check in with Rick Monday and Charlie as we get you set for first pitch at twelve forty five between the Dodgers and Giants. I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 5: Law Dodgers and Giants coming up at twelve forty five. Tyler Glass now going up against Logan Web. It's time for the Verizon startup. We are now just minutes away from the start of the game. Now at Verizon you can lock in your low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store near you today. Still to com Blake SNeW will join us, plus a preview of today's pitching matchup. But first let's bring in Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 15: All Right, David, the Dodgers wrapping up with the Giants this afternoon heading home.
Speaker 4: They were shutout last night three zip.
Speaker 15: Having said that, the Dodger sixteen and eight, still in first place, where they've been every day of the twenty nine days of the season so far. Of course, they have company at the top with San Diego. But the Dodgers have lost four or five, two and four on the road trip, and Moe hitting has been quite an issue of late.
Speaker 8: Well, it has been very quiet, in particular when there's been opportunities to score runs. If we look in fact, on this road trip, the Dodgers, when they've had opportunities to score runners in scoring position as a team, they've hit one seventy seven. The opposing teams have hit three hundred, and that's not going to get it done. So an interesting graf also this morning, Charlie, it was talking about defensive run saved DRS is the acronym for it. But if you start to look at it, I looked at the defense in particular. You know, the Dodgers have the highest number of defensive runs saved, So the defense has not been an issue, although they not really played us crisply on this road trip with the gloves is what we've seen previously. But the big area that has really kind of fallen apart besides the offense, if we look at the bullpen of recent times. You know, the last fourteen in the third innings, they have given up fourteen earned runs and that is out of character.
Speaker 15: And they're still figuring out who is going to be the closer. Now, the story last night Otani pitching and hitting. Of course, he went zero four last night, so his fifty three game on Bay streak is over.
Speaker 3: On the season.
Speaker 15: He's hitting now just two fifty eight. But in games he has pitched mode, he's just one for ten at the plate. In games he's just a DH he's hitting two seventy eight. So that's an issue At some point the Dodgers have to take a serious look at.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I think you know the double duty part. Here's another part too, is if we look at the two years that O'tani has pitched well in a Dodger uniform, you know he's given up just barely even a two hundred batting average against two of three to be exact. But what is the big picture, and the big picture is when he's doing double duty, does Dave Roberts think about maybe moving Otani down in the lineup when he is pitching, to give him a little breather between the mound and the batter's box, and that I wonder how he's able to do it myself, being able to do both roles. And if we look at this lineup today, it's not a huge shakeup in the lineup as far as the personnel, but is a shakeup as far as the order, because it's going to be Otani then Freddie Freeman, then ta Oskar Hernenez. Kyle Tucker moves down to the number four spot, which I find rather curious because he's not really swinging the bat particularly well right now, and Dalton Rushing will be doing the catching here this afternoon and so Smith will have the day off.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 15: Otani the picture last night, six shutout innings, no runs, five hit seven strikeouts on the season he had on the season, he's giving up one arm run in twenty four innings, fifteen hits, twenty five strikeout, six walks, and an ERA of thirty eight. So last night it was another magnificent performance on the hill.
Speaker 8: Yeah, how about the fact that his ERA coming into last night was zero point five zero and it went down in spite of the fact that you know, he went six innings no runs on five hits. The bull beIN turned it over and allowed some runs to be scored, three in fact in the seventh inning. So for Otani, I mean he is more than held up on his end on both fins, both of the starter on the mound and also as the leadoff hitter. But you know, it cannot be a one man band, and from top to bottom the Dodgers have to have better at bats.
Speaker 15: Interesting pitching matchup today get Away in San Francisco Glasnow and Logan Webb Tyler. Glasnow in his last eleven starts, the Dodgers have won every one of his games, and Logan Webb, who's the a's of that Giant, off to a slow start for him two and two and.
Speaker 4: A five forty ERA. But Glasnow is off to a great start.
Speaker 8: He's off to a great start, twenty nine strikeouts. Here's interesting effect about the twenty nine punch outs. You know, seventeen of those are on curveballs. That's the highest percentage in baseball at this particular time. And we're seeing glass Now now understand he doesn't have to throw it through the proverbial brick wall in order to get out, So he doesn't have to throw that fastball by everybody. He's mixed in the breaking ball. We saw it begin in spring trending, and he has great faith in that curve ball and should have. He's gotten wonderful results to this point.
Speaker 15: Opponents are hitting US one sixty nine so far this young season against glass Now.
Speaker 3: After the game today, the Dodgers fly home.
Speaker 4: They entertain the Cubs.
Speaker 15: They've been right hot, first of a three game series tomorrow night. Up this afternoon, the Dodgers look to get away with one against San Francisco, a team that they generally dominated even up at the Oracle Park. But right now, the Dodgers need to score. Lineups and first pitch coming up, David.
Speaker 5: All right, Charlie, great to hear your voice, and yeah, You're right. The Cubs are red hot. They lead the Phillies right now, four to two in the fourth inning. Dodger Baseball brought to you by City of Hope. Preparation, precision, and an unrelenting commitment to being the best at what they do. That's what makes a champion at City of Hope. That commitment has one focus, cure and cancer. City of Hope Champions of Hope making make an appointment today at cityof Hoope dot org. When we continue from San Francisco, we'll catch up with Blake Snell, who is on his way back to the Dodger rotation. First pitch is coming up at twelve forty five with Glass now against Logan Web. Right here on the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers looking for a happy flight today with Tyler Glass now on the mound going up against the Giants Logan Web. First pitch from San Francisco is at twelve forty five. Dodger Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, The official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot com.
Speaker 4: All right, let's head downstairs.
Speaker 5: I had a chance to catch up with Blake Snell earlier this morning, and now.
Speaker 1: What will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player, it's an engagement of endearment. This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: We're wrapping things up in San Francisco.
Speaker 5: But our guy, Snell Zilla, the King of San Jose for the Ontario Tower Buzzers, is back with the Dodgers after his first rehab start. Thanks a lot for the time. We got a big audience here. They want to see the magic between us.
Speaker 6: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 5: They're all staring awkwardly in the clubhouse at us.
Speaker 6: Oh you're well man.
Speaker 9: No, but it was good.
Speaker 16: It was good to pitch again and be on the mound and.
Speaker 6: Just feel what pitchings like again.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's been a minute, so to able to do that again just felt really good. And I just can't wait to get get this going and get back.
Speaker 5: How did you treat last night? Is that just like your first starting in spring training? What were you trying to do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was all just feel.
Speaker 16: I'm just trying to feel, you know, how my arm feels, body feels what I need to work on. It was tough because I was at the bottom of the mound, my foot was slipping, but overall felt healthy, ball was coming out good, good arm speed. But definitely a lot of work that I still have to do, you know, the location of the pictures need to get better, the movement needs to get better on the off speed. Yeah, so I saw have a lot of work to do, which I'm excited about.
Speaker 6: But just being able.
Speaker 16: To, you know, pitch in a game and really have toels and and then the more that I pitch in games, the more my arm gets conditioned, which I love, and and then I can really, you know, continue to get better.
Speaker 5: I know you demand a lot out of yourself. How patient do you have to be with this process?
Speaker 16: The first couple you can be pretty patient, and then the next ones, you know, you're you're getting ready to go to the big leagues and pitching the show and pitch meaningful games, and you know, you have a lot of things that you know that you want to achieve. So the first couple, you know, you can be a little patient with But after that, it's yeah, there's no excuses. It's time to lock in and go. But yeah, just a lot, a lot to work on still, which I'm excited about. And yeah, I'll continue to clean it up and yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, players have told me in the past whenever they're coming back from an injury, they know that they're healthy and the team is putting them out there, but mental.
Speaker 4: Lee is the biggest hurdle to just let it rip.
Speaker 5: Did you have to go through that again to just trust that your shoulder is going to cooperate?
Speaker 6: No, No, I never I never had that.
Speaker 16: I believe in like all the work I've been doing to be healthy, to be able to throw, and yeah, I don't. I don't question it when I'm out there. That's like the last thing I'm gonna do is question if I'm on the mountain pitching, there's no quite like I'm ready to go. So I feel great, the boss coming out really good, and I'm just gonna continue to get a lot better at each of these next couple starts.
Speaker 5: Blake Snell is our guest aka snell Zilla. Those number thirty seven jerseys are selling out online right now. Ontario is trying to capitalize off your one rehab start.
Speaker 6: That's wild, but happy for him.
Speaker 16: And yeah, no it was Uh, we've got some good prospects down there too, so that was fun to see.
Speaker 5: But yeah, what did you What did you buy the guys after after the game last night?
Speaker 4: Red Robin, I don't know.
Speaker 16: I didn't buy him. I didn't buy him anything. I'm waiting until they go back to Ontario. There's better food, better selections. So yeah, when they get back to Ontario, I have something food ready for him.
Speaker 5: All right, before I let you go, the world saw you at Coachella.
Speaker 4: Who did you go to see at Coachella? Why were you there?
Speaker 6: So, Thomas, you want to hear.
Speaker 4: This Justin Bieber? I mean, who are you there to see?
Speaker 6: For sure? Justin Bieber? So? I left.
Speaker 16: I left, me and my wife wanted to go see Justin Bieber So. I went rehabs. Then we had a sprinter take us to Coachella. I have no idea where that's at. We went there. We were there for six hours. We saw a give you on Justin Bieber, and then we had that spinner van take us back. I was there for six hours and then.
Speaker 4: While I was in Denver with the team.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh yeah, because I would have been with the team. Oh wait, I can't travel with the team. Yeah.
Speaker 16: And then and then from there, I then went to the field the next morning at nine am and I threw a bullpen.
Speaker 6: So my work life balance is really good.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm not trying to question your life decisions here. I'm not trying to hall monitor you here.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to figure out why you would be at Coachella.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm a believer for sure. Oh my god. Yeah. Okay, who doesn't like Justin Bieber?
Speaker 16: You don't like Justin Bieber. That's the problem. See, that's the problem here. You don't have good music taste.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll own that one. Thanks a lot.
Speaker 5: I love your music taste, but the Justin Bieber stuff a little questionable.
Speaker 16: No, it's questionable because you haven't listened to it yet. We'll get you listening to it.
Speaker 6: We'll get some songs you like. He has five hundred songs. You're gonna like a couple.
Speaker 4: It will be good, Okay, thanks, Daisies.
Speaker 6: Hey you like that song. You like that song, that's why you said that you.
Speaker 4: Like Guilty Pleasure? Just like you. You're my guilty pleasure too.
Speaker 6: Don't do that.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time. Great to see you smiling. You're in such a great mood today. I I can approach you.
Speaker 6: What does that mean? Your approach every day?
Speaker 4: There he goes.
Speaker 5: Blake Snell has been our guest on his way back. In my prediction for Cinco de Mayo, Ish is still very much in play. Dodger Baseball is presented by uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclo dot com slash us. When we continue from Oracle Park in San Francisco, we'll get you set for first pitch coming up at twelve forty five. I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: We are getting closer to first pitch coming up at twelve forty five between the Dodgers and Giants. David Vasse live at Oracle Park in San Francisco. Rick Monday and Steven Nelson will be on the call. We're brought to you by your Toya Dealers. We make it easy. Well, I feel like we already got a pretty good pitching matchup scouting report from Blake Snell because he knows these two guys better than most. He was teammates with both of them. He grew close to Logan Web. In fact, last year he wrote me into a joint face time with Logan Web. So Logan Web has felt the vass a magic in his life. So we'll see what he does tonight. I can't believe this. It's his eighth season in Major League Baseball. He is the ace of the Giant staff. He's twenty nine years old, and I saw an interview yesterday with Logan Webb where he said he learned so much from being teammates with Justin Erdlander, even for just one season. Tyler glassnew a new Man two to zero with an ERA of three twenty four. He's thirty two years old, and even in this stage of his career, he seems like he has taking it to a new level. We saw it in his last start of the exhibition season where he was using his curveball more than we've ever seen him use it. And you heard Ricky say this earlier in the show. The majority of his strikeouts this season are off his curveball. The last time glass Now pitched, he went seven innings, allowed just one run on two heads with seven strikeouts over the Rockies at Corus Field.
Speaker 4: We are just fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game our next.
Speaker 5: I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long long.
Speaker 4: It's the final game of the series. Coming up Dodgers and Giants.
Speaker 5: Tyler Glass Now against Logan Web First pitch at twelve forty five. Getting ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great Moments, Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers.
Speaker 4: B good with sushi, Great with baseball.
Speaker 5: Before first pitch, let's check in once more with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson.
Speaker 4: Guys, thank you DV.
Speaker 2: We're getting closer to the first pitch in this series finale a getaway Thursday.
Speaker 3: What a weird schedule.
Speaker 2: This road trip has created a four game wrap round set in Colorado in three games in the middle of the week, and then it's back home to kick off a series against a red hot Cubs team tomorrow at Dodgers Stadium. So Tyler Glass now Logan Web the pitching matchup. The Dodgers very familiar with Logan Web Mo, and they've hit him relatively well in recent years.
Speaker 3: So give me a key today or a player you're watching.
Speaker 8: I think there's two things I think with Glass Now at the curveball and with Logan Webb the changeup. Why don't I mention both of those well? For Glass Now on the curveball, hitters are just seven for one hundred and eleven. If you go back even to last year, combination of the curveball and the slider. With Logan Web, if we look at the last two years, you're throwing a high nine percentage of change ups for strengths. And this year so far, one of every four pitches that Logan Web has made has been all speed pitches, and the Dodgers are going to have to adjust. So far on this road trip, they've not done a real good job adjusting the changeups.
Speaker 2: They haven't done a good job at the plate in general seven for sixty, it's a one to seventeen team batting average, and a lot of they're at bats that have not looked good this issue, especially in big situations. The key hit has certainly eluded them on this road trip. And so now I want to get your take on this mode because you know, we have a tremendous amount of respect for Logan Web.
Speaker 3: This has been one of the.
Speaker 2: More durable, reliable, and consistent starting pitchers in the game the last half decade plus. This year, he enters today's start with an area of five point one zero. He's walking more guys, he's giving up harder contact, he's not striking out as many guys. This is the first year of the ABS system, and Logan Web is a guy who has lived and feasted on the edges of the plate.
Speaker 3: I wonder if.
Speaker 2: You feel the slow start, at least in terms of the numbers, is a coincidence with the ABS, or if you feel they're tied to.
Speaker 8: Get I think it's a good question. What puzzles me is if you look at what Logan Web has done at the top of the order this year, one two and three hitters collectively just one twenty two average. I think the Logan Web and I go back to years ago with the Atlanta Braves when they had Smolts, when they had Madnis, when they had Glavin. Also, those guys lived on the corners and outside of the corners, and they got those calls. Why because they were consistently in that area and umpires were kind of in a comfort zone and knowing where the pitch was going to be. I don't know if the ABS is changing it or not, but the change up itself for Logan Web is a very big pitch and.
Speaker 3: Under one thing.
Speaker 8: He's not satisfied with the record he's had against the Dodgers because he's a competitor right to the end.
Speaker 2: They Dodders have some guys with good numbers against Webb and Tyler Glass. Now he's got great numbers to start this year. He is pitching on just five days rest. His line does indicate he pitches a little bit better with that extra day. We'll see if that plays into this series finale TV First Pitching a little bit back.
Speaker 4: To you looking forward to it.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Giants first pitches next after the game is over, Colin Yee will have all the highlights and postgame reaction.
Speaker 4: Enjoy the game.
Speaker 5: I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network