Speaker 1: America Summer Mystery Prizes back grab one at any of our cafe and events, or anytime you see the Kfan Street team this summer, then redeem it at Mall of America for discounts and exciting prizes. Check out of coming events at cafe dot com. Keyword calendar, man, I.
Speaker 2: Love them all of America. I don't go except for in the winter time. Why not go in the summertime. I need to buy things in the summertime. I'm working out this morning. I'm going to Mall of America. Discover Street from All of America. That's what I'm doing. Discover Street, Mall of America. One two, knock the doll out.
Speaker 3: Nailed it.
Speaker 4: So I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Then what are you doing?
Speaker 4: I might stop by.
Speaker 5: I gotta okay on air production meeting. Uh you know Crests in Switzerland right on Friday, right, So he's out right and we got initials and stuff on Friday as well.
Speaker 3: Quarter final number seven. I know that.
Speaker 4: Make a course.
Speaker 5: So liber is on his way to Auburn to drop off his kiddo.
Speaker 4: Man, how about that?
Speaker 3: So he's out Thursday.
Speaker 5: Tommy just said, big boy job buzz kills Thursday so he wanted to know, can I come in Friday. I'm like, well, yeah, Christos in Switzerland. So we have no liber and no Tommy on Thursday, pack studio on Friday, Tommy on Friday.
Speaker 3: So let's move Marnie to Thursday. Morn's. You're the obvious replacement on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Would you?
Speaker 6: Could you?
Speaker 3: I checked my schedule, Yeah, okay, yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, we're just moving people around. We're making it, you know, new and exciting. Thursday, Tuesday, Thursday.
Speaker 7: We're going to shake things up.
Speaker 3: We're going to shake things up.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: Oh no, oh no, we are shaking up.
Speaker 7: There has have there been any other zeros in the tournament?
Speaker 4: Well just that one time win the game.
Speaker 5: In the game, okay, Adam, Well we got zero yesterday.
Speaker 3: He was not a zero. Calm down.
Speaker 4: I'm not wrong with the zero.
Speaker 7: I keep telling you guys, a handsome man, great hair, got the haircut looks great.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows it. Great, Okay, great, It just sucks some guys have it all.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: I don't mind it. He can have it zero.
Speaker 7: M Zero's got to hang out. So Adam invite Hawk.
Speaker 4: Hey listen, all right, Adam.
Speaker 3: Oh oh all right, let's try this game. He order up.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I found this website.
Speaker 2: It's called Top ten of Everything, and I have the top ten of everything and this is voted by the people who go to the website. Okay, it's about random things. You just never know what they might come up with.
Speaker 3: Right, what's the name of the bit.
Speaker 6: Order up.
Speaker 2: So what you guys are gonna do is I'm gonna give you the top five, but not in the top five order, and you guys are going to try to predict the correct order they should be in, according right to people to swim. And then after we do that, you guys can discuss what the correct top five order shoul because.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have a opinions. You guys have opinions.
Speaker 2: You're opinionated or is it a collective like we are coming to an agreement.
Speaker 5: We're talking individually, individually, Individually.
Speaker 4: The top five is Okay, you don't have pit of paper.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's a whole bunch of paper. Here you go, Chris, you want to be pumping up here? You want this mechanical pencil.
Speaker 4: You get me pump it up.
Speaker 3: Order up. That's the best part. Once you go to mechanical pencils. It's hard to go back. I ain't got for this.
Speaker 2: Our first order up, Order up is the month of.
Speaker 4: The year, the top five months of the year.
Speaker 5: Oh hell yeah, this is This isn't just from Minnesota's this is just months in general.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: So here are the top five, not in order, June, July, October, December, and May. June or July, October, December, and May. Put them in order that you think the lovely people of this website think they are.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 8: Order up?
Speaker 4: You got to get them out right to get the point. You gotta have them in the right order. To get the point.
Speaker 3: You to go five for five, Get five.
Speaker 4: For five to get the point.
Speaker 3: Order around.
Speaker 4: That's right, Marty. You're going last because you're a.
Speaker 3: Lady over the months ago.
Speaker 4: You're welcome. I'm not playing favorite.
Speaker 3: June, July, October, December, May.
Speaker 4: That's right, Johnny Bones, what do you think the correct order was?
Speaker 9: According to They've got December because Christmas, two October because ever really loves Halloween, got three May Spring, fourth July, fourth of July, I weaken everybody thinks about it, and fifth June. No big holidays Corey.
Speaker 5: Oh, we couldn't disagree more So I tried to think, like everybody, I would say on the North side of the States, can't wait for summer, and June is the perfect month because it's great. So I would even argue in the South, July is the seventh pit of Hell, right, gets way too hot. So June is, like I think, June's number one. Okay, so the sweet spot. Then I went December too, then July, three, May, fourth, in October fifth.
Speaker 10: Saus me, I went uh first, July, then December, then October, then May, then June.
Speaker 5: You guys both had June last, and I had June first. Wow, yikes, Martins, I.
Speaker 3: Would agree with you. I like June fast.
Speaker 7: I think the people say the most wonderful time of the year is December. So I went December July because I was thinking, like a Northerner, June, October, May.
Speaker 4: Zach, do you want to play?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got July, June, December, October, and May.
Speaker 2: I am knocked out. One of you got it exactly.
Speaker 3: That's impossible. I was wondering, if God one of.
Speaker 2: You, what was the color yet hockey order of great bit the correct order according to the visitors to this website, and again.
Speaker 4: I'll ask you for your own list.
Speaker 2: Momentarily went December, July, June, October, May.
Speaker 3: Damn Marns. Wow, Wow, that's very tough.
Speaker 4: Would you put on yourself, Mars.
Speaker 7: It would be very close, but it would change all the time, because who doesn't love July living here and June living here? But December has a magic to it. October is awesome, but it's not summer.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know I.
Speaker 2: Would have put it in that exact order myself. I love it exactly like that. I love December July because I love the gigs, even though blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: August is the fifth pit held it.
Speaker 7: These are the five best months.
Speaker 9: September, Yeah, September fall season.
Speaker 8: You're right.
Speaker 4: I might have put.
Speaker 3: Football on September one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I might have put September instead of May to be honest. Yeah, yeah, what about.
Speaker 4: You, Core?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's probably right.
Speaker 5: I think I go June for selfish reasons and weather reasons, because it's really good, because it's it is the perfect kind of like it's hot, but it's not super hot.
Speaker 3: World Series of Poker for me.
Speaker 5: Kiddo's out of school, so quote summer starts.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: June's kind of the sweet spot. Yeah, man, sneaky awesome.
Speaker 4: So you got Marty, you got the point. The only person got a point. It's hard to get a.
Speaker 3: Point in this game, almost impossible. You did it.
Speaker 9: There are one hundred and twenty combinations for each of these and we only have five between us.
Speaker 3: So I know that, Honey.
Speaker 10: It's it's gonna be rare that we get a point.
Speaker 3: I think, m.
Speaker 2: Our next category, our next category is gonna be controversial as hell.
Speaker 4: Please don't argue with each other. Okay, all right, please be cool, keep a cordial no slurs please to What about lift top five breakfast cereals?
Speaker 3: Oh hell yeah?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Here are the top five, not in order according to the people. You ready, Yeah, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, fruit loops, cap and Crunch, cinnamon toast crunch. Again, frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, fruit Loops, cap and Crunch, Cinnamon toast crunch. Those are the top five. Now, you got to put them in the correct order according to the people.
Speaker 3: So what was the fourth one?
Speaker 4: We're doing?
Speaker 2: Captain crunch Crunch Cappen Crunch, which is just delicious. After you an hour, you gotta love to sit in the milk for about an hour. Let it get real soft so you can drink. Don't tell me what to do. Okay, everybody ready, Everybody be cool? You know I should. I guess what I'm gonna have to do with this game is get the list and like write them out for you and.
Speaker 4: Hand them to you.
Speaker 2: That's a better idea. I just thought of this game on the way in this morning, So it's cool.
Speaker 3: What does get people the radio listener a chance to kind.
Speaker 4: Of to think it through? Good?
Speaker 2: I like the way you think bones, You're a good guy.
Speaker 4: Thank you. You're welcome. I want to take trips in five to Costco.
Speaker 3: In this room.
Speaker 2: Okay, this time, Zacho, you're going first. What is the correct order, as far as you're concerned.
Speaker 1: I have cinnamon toast Crunch, frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, Lucky Charms, and Captain Crunch.
Speaker 5: Okay, Corey very close, he's dead right, there's I would bet a significant amount of money that cinnamon toast Crunch is number one.
Speaker 4: It's hard to beat that. It's so good. I can taste it right now.
Speaker 3: CPR, you said, CPR.
Speaker 5: Cinnamon toast crunch number one, I go Lucky Charms, two frosted flakes, three fruit loops four, and again I would also bet a significant amount of money that Captain Crunch is fifth. I feel really good about one in five, not sure about two, three and four.
Speaker 4: Johnny betsvos Bones.
Speaker 3: I must start with Lucky Charms. The marshmallows, you ignorant slut.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm just saying, like my marshmallows, I'm going Lucky Charms, cinnamon toast crunch, frosted flakes, I'm going Captain Crunch over the fruit loops.
Speaker 3: Hm me, yeah, I have CTR one.
Speaker 4: I say it frosted.
Speaker 10: Flakes, two, Lucky Charms, three froot loops four and Captain Crunch five.
Speaker 4: Right, Mallarney, Mallarny c.
Speaker 7: T R one, Lucky Sees, two f froot loops, three frosted flakes, four, the cap'in five.
Speaker 5: A lot of us are very close on this, like we have similar opinions. Bonus is the one that kind of went off the rails a little bit.
Speaker 3: But maybe you're right.
Speaker 2: We'll find out gets that none of you got it right. A couple of you got very very close. Here's the top five according to this list, Cinematoes, Crunch, frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms. But one of you got it wrong just because of these last two Captain Crunch, four f Loops five. Who wasn't the gut There's less wrong, was it you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: When Cinemato's Crunch, frost the flakes, Lucky Charms, cap and Crunch and fruit loops in that.
Speaker 5: Order's crunch is the only answer.
Speaker 3: Cemotoch Crunches is delicious, It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It's just so good. And the milk when you're done, it's so good. Yeah man, But uh, I like frosted flakes too, and and you're right about the marshmallows there, Lucky Charms, that's good. Cap'n Crunch should be last.
Speaker 7: I would have thought cap'n Crunch was an easy last. If nothing more than the roof of your mouth getting.
Speaker 4: That's what It tears your face up. You gotta let it soak your lips are boring.
Speaker 3: Top ten lists, there's still as.
Speaker 4: Well bring it up in five seconds if you'd like you.
Speaker 9: I just wondering if crackling Oat brand makes up anywhere in the top ten brand. Yeah, would argue you're playing the filmore this week.
Speaker 2: Honey bunches of oats, that's the top ten or six is freity pebbles, seven is Apple chicks.
Speaker 4: I do like Apple are great.
Speaker 2: Number eight reess puffs, right, oh yeah, Number nine just straight up cheerios.
Speaker 3: I mean they're blowing this list.
Speaker 2: And number ten is frosted Mini weeks are great. Peanut butter crunch was in there. So you has ever heard of bootios? They hell are bootyos?
Speaker 3: You eat it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Guy, you beat me to that broke brush you keith so cow, Chocolate, cocoa puffs, honey nut cheerios.
Speaker 3: Finally, Jesus, there it is. What is it like? Seventeenth or eighteen? The right answers honey nut cheerios.
Speaker 2: Crave cookie, crisp, cocoa pops, Raisin Raisin brand.
Speaker 3: I don't mind Raisin brand.
Speaker 4: Rais honey bunches of oats.
Speaker 3: It's way too far down the list.
Speaker 2: Frosted cheerios, cocoa pebbles, Pops I forgot about pops.
Speaker 3: Pops are good. Pops are great. Yeah they're weird, but they're good.
Speaker 2: Captain crunches, crunchberries, good life, and cinnamon life I like those two.
Speaker 4: That's your top twenty five.
Speaker 3: It man, well done.
Speaker 7: I love the consistency of cocoa pebbles and fruity pebbles like just a huge spoonful.
Speaker 2: You're right about that. Hell, thank you, you're right about that. I'm going to soak something that's good.
Speaker 4: Do you guys want another one?
Speaker 3: Do order up?
Speaker 2: Top five movies all time, Top five movies all the time, according to this website.
Speaker 4: Again, not in order. Goes like this.
Speaker 2: Empire strikes back, The Dark Knight, shawshank Redemption, the Godfather.
Speaker 4: Oh slow down, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Empire strikes back. Yep, the Dark Knight, Ye shashank Ley, Godfather, Forced Hump. Empire strikes back. I'm sorry, Dark Knight, shashank Ley, Godfather for Scout.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, that's suff right.
Speaker 4: That's a tough time.
Speaker 3: I got to decide if I want to game this one or just do it myself.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Again, this is according to the visitors to this website, and you can give me your own opinion after we're done, But this is about what you think is going to be the top five. Empire strikes back, Dark Knight, Shushing, Godfather forst Gump, and by the way, I would argue, I like the first one better than Empire strikes Back personally.
Speaker 3: Oh I know, I'm the only one, yea. The first one better is the Empire, the one with haf Yep, yeah, that's a good.
Speaker 5: Empire is the best Star Wars movie period, let alone, out of the first trills, just the best one.
Speaker 3: I wasn't in it, Luke Skywalker, sure, okay, directo he died?
Speaker 4: Oh no, never mind? Then is that go?
Speaker 3: What do you think I have?
Speaker 1: I've ever seen it, But I have The Godfather's number one because everybody raves about it, and then I have the Dark Knight, Forrest Gump, shot Shank, and then Empire strikes Back.
Speaker 4: Okay, Coral, So.
Speaker 5: I'm going Rube perspective, right, These aren't critics, these are Rubes. So Godfather is always on the top of those critics list and probably is justifiably so. But I think Dark Knight is the Rubes choice for number one all time. So I went Dark Knight one, Empire two, Shashanc three, then Godfather four, and Gum five Body Bones.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I started with Godfather one and Forrest Gump fifth, and then I tried to fill in the other three. So I went Godfather one, Shashank two, Dark Knight three, Empire.
Speaker 4: Four, and then Forrest Gump fIF Mibi.
Speaker 10: I had Godfather one, Empire Strikes Back two, Shashank three, Dark Knight.
Speaker 7: For Gum five Marty Glarny very opposite of you, guys, and not by my choice. I obviously, I don't know what the rub's like. I went Forrest Gump one, so unique, the classic. I don't know Godfather too, Shawshank three, Empire Strikes Back, Dark Knight five.
Speaker 3: So is that your preference? Were you gaming it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Are you trying to guess what the rooms are gonna do?
Speaker 7: Or I'm trying a movie person?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Oh order, no one got it?
Speaker 3: But super tough.
Speaker 2: But Marny knows people Forest up one, Wow, Godfather too, Okay, she got a little cross up here.
Speaker 3: Would not have guessed that at all.
Speaker 2: Then the Dark Knight, then Shawshank, then Empire strikes Back. You got one and two correctly, marns one and two correctly, Dark Knight three, show Shank four, Empire Strikes strike. What do you guys, like, Corey, what do you think what would be your top five in that order?
Speaker 4: What order? Because I would have I go Forest in Dark Knight and shows Shank and then Godfather and Empire.
Speaker 5: This is Zack released, but I would have Godfather or Fifth for sure. Out of these five, man, the other four are so awesome for completely different reasons too.
Speaker 4: Didn't Gump and Shashank come out the same year.
Speaker 3: That was Gump and uh.
Speaker 2: The uh yeah, I think I think too though, I think that ye yeah ninety four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Well.
Speaker 3: How about just better sequel Empire or Dark Knight.
Speaker 4: Dark Knight? I just Dark Knight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anybody else want to throw in their their their own personal fight.
Speaker 3: I do Gump?
Speaker 4: Yeah you would, Yeah, we knew it.
Speaker 3: I win.
Speaker 4: You have to catch him though he's running Empire.
Speaker 3: Three. Uh, people hate this take. The Godfather series is so overrated.
Speaker 4: And then like Bernard, when you said that you did, you sounded.
Speaker 3: Like you seen all three. I've seen the first two. Isn't the third one hideous? That's the word. M Yeah, I've seen the first two. Yeah? And then what was I saying? I don't know you were rambling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have two more when we come back, if you guys want, because the next one is video game characters. Oh yeah, and then the last one is stand up comedian. Oh sweet, so we can do those as well before we get into your your thing there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll see if Jeff is awake and willing to talk more of the power Ty.
Speaker 3: I'm on the fan every weekday.
Speaker 1: Along with Big the Weight is over, Minnesota Vikings football is back. Be sure to find our Mall of America Street team each day at training camp for your chance to win fantastic prizes including Mall of America mystery cards and so much more. Full details of camfe dot com curred calendar.
Speaker 4: That's right, Zach, you said it. Any word core.
Speaker 5: He's supposed to join in like ten minutes, so well exactly, you can just text me or tell me if he jumps on, it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be on the old stream. We get him the old stream.
Speaker 2: Yard and I wish I maybe that was brought to us by Quantum Fiber Internet.
Speaker 4: That's right, all right, here we go.
Speaker 5: Then it'll be on the big screen today on TV on ESPN. But either way, whether he joins or not, Jeff Plat from ESPN. Headlines is normally brought to you by who all around.
Speaker 2: That's right now, it's time for Headlines presented Vine.
Speaker 5: Thanks to all around, and also, could somebody if Jeff Platt joints, could somebody please while I'm talking to Jeff, while I'm introducing him, could somebody please text Abbott and just tell him that poker talk has started?
Speaker 3: We have one away? Oh he did, Yeah, passed away.
Speaker 5: He's probably a little pumped that he passed away so that he doesn't have to listen to poker talk.
Speaker 3: Well, then, also, don't flip on ESPN the night I guess and you should have had it at like eight ten on Friday.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a little pump your nickname in high school?
Speaker 3: No, why'd you say it like that? Because I'm ugly?
Speaker 5: Wood rough Day was ugly, but now you are.
Speaker 3: You weren't handsome.
Speaker 9: We've all seen from the AI videos that does how handsome you can?
Speaker 5: You really could have topped out. Yeah, but yeah, we're stuck with this version. What Steve len me from the Super Turpersentity?
Speaker 3: What are you saying?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Does Paul cry a lot? More like twenty sixteen? Paul did not this one. You don't cry? What said I love you, but you can't be sad all the time on the radio. He wasn't wrong, He wasn't wrong. And then he called my dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was us one year.
Speaker 3: This was that was Vikings overtime.
Speaker 2: He didn't get the on Vikings overtime. That's right, all right, I th we're in a sports one for you sports guys, if you.
Speaker 3: Care, fire away, all right, order with me. I'm with you.
Speaker 2: According to bleacher Report right now going into the season, the top five NFL quarterbacks put him in order.
Speaker 4: Here they are you ready? Top five.
Speaker 2: Herbert Mahomes, Alan Burrow, Stafford, Herbert Mahomes, Burrow, Allen Stafford. According to bleacher Report, what is the correct order? Top five Herbert Mahomes, Burrow, Allen Stafford.
Speaker 3: Direct out in order of how good you think they are?
Speaker 4: Zach Current?
Speaker 7: Yes, this season, heading into this season, that's right.
Speaker 4: According to the bleacher that he's dead.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I got my my mic off.
Speaker 1: I missed one of the names.
Speaker 4: Herbert Mahomes, Burrow, Allan Stafford.
Speaker 1: Alan Mahomes, Borough Stafford, Herbert and Herbert.
Speaker 5: Okay, almost at the exact same order. We just flip flopped Stafford and Burrow. I go, Josh Allen one, Mahomes two, Stafford, three, Borough, four, Herbert five.
Speaker 4: Bounty. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't know if Yeah, given his last year, this is probably not the top one. But I'm still gonna stick with Mahomes. So I'll go Mahomes, Alan, Burrough, Stafford, Herbert.
Speaker 3: We're all burying Madison Beers fiance. What are we doing here? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Media and media, I think because of the uh Taylor Swift factor. It's Mahomes one, Allen two, Stafford three, Burrow four, Herbert five.
Speaker 4: This according to the Bleacher Report, by the way, not the fans Bleacher. Oh yeah, I'll stick with my list. Okay, Murder, Okay, Well, I.
Speaker 7: Put I'm gonna start with telling you I put Mahomes at four because of the knee. So, uh, that's why I don't think he's not a great quarterback. But coming off the knee injury, that's what I put. Put Paul Allen one.
Speaker 4: Just kidding, Josh.
Speaker 7: I went Alan, Josh, Herbert, Lord, Justin, Justin, Herbert, Pat Burrow, Mahomes, and Mike Stafford.
Speaker 3: Failed it.
Speaker 5: Up. I mean the Mike part, not the an alien in part. I don't know what you guys do, it's none of my business.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I would still say once again that morning was the closest because she nailed the exact spot. They have Mahomes all right, but Bleacher Report has it last year's MVP Stafford at number one. Me come on, and then Josh Allen number two, justin Herbert number three, Mahomes number four, Burrow number five. So y'all disrespected Stafford. Nobody gets the point? None, ye, not a damn one.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Next up, we'll make.
Speaker 4: It a lootle quicker.
Speaker 3: You birthy on that list, Thank you?
Speaker 4: I got on that list.
Speaker 3: Somebody ranked him.
Speaker 10: Somebody at the Athletic did a bit and they ranked him thirty four out of thirty five.
Speaker 3: The last dead lass was Sanders Barry Sandys. Yeah Berry, Uh, kid can't throw Barry Sanders.
Speaker 4: Colonel Sanders, but he has a rocket. Colonel fingers are slippery. It's not trusting and easy. Throw a ball.
Speaker 3: Yes, call your sponsor for the fifth time.
Speaker 4: You won't answer. You're busy doing a bit called. Okay, here, we're gonna be quick. We're gonna be quick.
Speaker 2: Video game characters, video game characters, characters, characters characters.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Here are the five that they gave us. Moyd It was the case. Okay number uh is that one of them? Okay, here we go Kirby, Luisi, Sonic, Mario Yoshi. Oh jeez, Kirby Sonic, Luigi, Mario Yoshi, Lots of ease, Top five Kirby Sonic, Luigi, Mario Yoshi.
Speaker 3: I'm not one to nitpick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go ahead. You don't like this list?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, well I don't like the list. This is not even close to the real top five. But this is fine. Does it make anybody else uncomfortable? When people say super Mario, it's Mario, or you'd be surprised, like I missed thirty percent of people say Mario. Oh yeah, I'm telling you. Go online, like, especially the youths. Maybe it's not our generation. Everybody said super Mario or Mario Kart. But like you find kids on the in their twenties on social media talking about video games and like Mario Party, Mario Karts. I'm like, get the f out of here with this Mario Kart stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm Mario.
Speaker 4: You might have heard me say that because growing up, my favorite race car driver.
Speaker 3: Was Mario Andretti. So sure, but you just said Mario when you did the list, you said Mario. You said it.
Speaker 4: Correctly, Thank you, Thank you, Super.
Speaker 7: Mary Andretti pronounce his first name Mario and not Mario.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's yeah, I believe.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, what bit are we doing the fairgrounds? Didn't he.
Speaker 6: Order?
Speaker 4: Okay, here we are, Zacho, which hour we go?
Speaker 1: I got Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Yoshi, and Kirby and.
Speaker 5: Zach and I are almost exactly on the same page always. That's why we just coincidentally were in Vegas the same weekend.
Speaker 4: So I'm saying you guys, I'm so proud of you guys.
Speaker 5: I also went Mario, Mario one, Luigi two, and then Yoshi three, Sonic four, Kirby five.
Speaker 4: Okay, body, Kirby.
Speaker 9: Sucks, Mario Sonic, Kirby, Yoshi, Luigi meets me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I have Mario, Sonic, Yoshi, Kirby, Luigi, mariy.
Speaker 7: I've played none of these Mario Sonic, Luigi, Yoshi, Kirby.
Speaker 2: Order, Kirby sucks order, not even But you guys were real close. Mario Sonic, Kirby, Luigi Yoshi, feminist Disrespectorry, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 5: You'd ride Yoshi Hi the green dude from the from Yeah kid loves yours.
Speaker 3: Of course he does smart. He gets all of the Mario games. Super Mario World is the first.
Speaker 4: Time said he had his own game or something.
Speaker 5: So I bet Jeff Platt likes Mario and Mario and Luigi and however else you would pronounce Luigi's.
Speaker 3: Oh you're a bit Yoshi guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm wrapping at the green, that is, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: It's very green. First of all, Jeff, you were up late.
Speaker 5: The World Series of Poker main event on ESPN last night went super late. Our guy, Zach Halverson stayed up till two o'clock am Central time. I think that I think I tapped out at like eleven thirty.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: You guys are back on ESPN.
Speaker 5: Just talk about as a broadcaster before the poker part of it at all.
Speaker 3: It's just got to be awesome.
Speaker 5: You guys are on the big stage ESPN two last night, ESPN one tonight and tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're back.
Speaker 8: We like to say this is where poker belongs, you know, this is where we got per popular during the Moneymaker boom on ESPN with the whole card coverage. And we're able to go live now and to be live not just on the ESPN app throughout the first couple of weeks of play, but to return for the final table of the greatest poker tournament of the world. To be on this kind of stage where it's ESPN in the United States and ESPN internationally, but we also have an international distribution deal via T and T Sports, Eurosport, etc.
Speaker 3: Etc.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is just awesome for us to have one of our most watched man events of all time.
Speaker 5: So, Jeff, but Zach has been in that arena, He's seen the stage. I've been there obviously the last handful of years for Chris and Bonus.
Speaker 3: And Marnie and Paul.
Speaker 5: If you haven't been to Horseshoe in Paris and you see not only the ESPN set, but just the electricity in the room, it's hard to explain to people why it feels exciting to watch a bunch of just weirdos sitting at a poker table. But that room is electric, right, How do you describe what that vibe is like last night with those nine guys and the rails that they had and the giant crowd supporting them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a great question that the atmosphere is just insane and it's weird saying that a group of people could be so fired up about a group of guys just playing cards. But that's what it was really not just for the winner of every hand, but we had random chance breaking out midhand. It was almost like being at one of these international soccer matches that you see with the passionate fan base. I mean, these guys have rallied their friends and their family to join them and they are just on the rail literally and figuratively, and a lot of times you see the most nerve wracking people involved in this entire tournament. It's not the players, it's you know, maybe the wives or the parents or the kids on the rail. And it's electric is really the right word for it.
Speaker 6: It was loud.
Speaker 8: Yesterday we had the voice of the Octagon, UFC's Bruce Buffer kick us off. It was it's just great. It's just a cool spot to be in. Even if you're just walking by, Even if you're just on the strip in Vegas and you swing by the World Series of Poker, you look around and you're probably pretty impressed at what poker has turned into.
Speaker 1: Obviously, millions of dollars are on the line in this final table, but obviously the bracelet is on the line, the main event, the prestige in that are these players. Are they thinking more about the bracelet, are they thinking about the money?
Speaker 3: What's the split there?
Speaker 8: I kind of think every player would have a different answer in a sense. You know, for so many players, so many people dream about that ten million dollar first place prize, but it's really that World Series of Poker bracelet that stands out the right to be called the reigning undisputed world champion in this game that we all know and love. So I think you can get a little bit of a different answer from every player. A lot of to day's game is focused on what we call icm, which is basically saying like, hey, sometimes you need to sit around for these little pay jumps, Like if there are eight players left, but I can squeak into seventh, I'm going to make an additional two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, and then additional two hundred and fifty k more, and then five hundred k more, et cetera, et cetera, as we build up to that ten million dollar mark. So I think most of the modern players are looking at each pay jump individually and the title kind of out there in the future, and then some players just think, hey, I want to be.
Speaker 6: The World champion.
Speaker 8: Whatever it takes, the ten million dollars, that's fantastic, But give me that World Tis of Poker gold bracelet and that title of main event champion. So I think you just get a slightly different answer from everybody that you asked.
Speaker 2: You've watched a lot of poker, and you've probably seen a lot of really cool moves and things to shock you. But what is one dumb thing that you see all the time that you can't believe even the best players make.
Speaker 8: It's a great question because you see it so many times during the World Series of Poker Main Event.
Speaker 6: Usually not the super.
Speaker 8: Pros, I would say, like the high rollers who are used to these kinds of moments. But somebody will get a big chip lead and they'll lose one pot and it won't really hurt the chip lead at all, Like it'll just bring them down just a little bit. Maybe they aren't first with thirty players left, maybe they're in fourth or fifth, but the emotional swing that they go through, they just can't handle it. They think their day is ruined and they just, for lack of a better term, they just punt it off and they make a stupid bluff or they make a stupid call, or they get involved with a hand that they shouldn't be in to begin with, because they just can't handle the down swings. They can handle the upswing just fine and route to that chip leading position, but they just cannot deal with losing a hand. And time and time again, we see it just about every single year. They just effectively light their tips on fire. It's like it's like clockwork. Every year at the main event, somebody is going to do this. They're gonna get a lot of chips, they're gonna lose a small pot, and then they're gonna lose a big pot because they just they just can't handle the swing.
Speaker 4: Marty, hold on one second, Corey, have you ever done that?
Speaker 3: Well, I used to do a lot more. I don't really do that anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't tilt, but fifteen to twenty years ago, I would punt all the time, and Sauce.
Speaker 3: That's why, that's why, Sauce, you should never play poker lost. I'm going home. I'd be sued for the things I would say to other people.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm wondering, Jeff, how in order to be good at your job, you probably have to play sometimes because it helps to understand what players are going through. And I'm guessing you are coming to us today. Looking at you, looks like you're in your condo. Maybe got a nice ceiling fan there if you're in Vegas, Like, how do you pick and choose where you play and how you play in order to stay up on you know? What makes you good as a reporter in this field?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that fan's got a run in Vegas.
Speaker 8: It's a good question. You have to stay on top of your game, for sure. And I use some various studying tools. And I want to stay on top of my game, and like you, ceremony, I.
Speaker 6: Gotta I gotta play. I gotta play.
Speaker 8: So I like to play three or four poker tournaments a month around town.
Speaker 6: We have great, great, great poker tournaments.
Speaker 8: I like to play a couple events during the World Series and then at the World Tiers of Poker circuit, which is a series that runs not just throughout the country but internationally as well. So I'll travel to a couple stops. We have a big event coming up in Canada next month. We have World Tiers of Poker Paradise in Decemmer. So I can stay on top of my game. I don't need to be at that a list level that these pros are at.
Speaker 6: I just need to have an overall understanding.
Speaker 8: And if I see a hand play out on TV, I want to be able to ask the players about that hand. And it just helps to have a wealth of knowledge about poker when we go into these kinds of interviews, these kinds of spots, or when I do commentary to set up and analysts and the beast. So poker is just a big part of my life. And tell people I basically wake up and either play poker or talk about poker. It might not sound like the most exciting life to some people, but to me, it's it's fantastic. Here in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Sounds amazing. I'm very jealous. That's Jeff third ESPN.
Speaker 5: I can watch Jeff tonight on ESPN and tomorrow night as they wrap up the final seven of the main eventch on Bonus.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, So, I.
Speaker 9: Mean as you get to this level, you get to the final table like this, certainly you can play poker sort of mathematically. You can pay play strategically. You can also read it, do it just by you know. It really helps to be able to read people and what they're doing. As you're watching this, do you feel like you can kind of you yourself can be in a position to sort of read what people are doing without seeing what they're hard. Do you find yourself being surprised what they are, what they are displaying, and what they actually have.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Sometimes, you know, we get to watch it live, so we don't see the whole card graphics. Those come into effect thirty forty minutes later when the commentators watch basically watch back the show with you guys watching at home. So yeah, a lot of times it is surprising and you'll think, oh, I know that this guy has it for sure, he really does. And then he'll show your bluff or the opposite. I think this guy is bluffing for sure, and then he has it. You know, this is what this is what poker's all about. And sure it has moved into an era where we call the the solver era, where the computers basically say, well, this is the right thing to do. Sixty two point eight percent of the top and a lot of the high stakes players know that path, know that route. But the very best players in the world can combine that with the exploitative style when they can look at a player and say, you know what, he has it or he doesn't, and or she has it or she doesn't, and I don't care what the computer says. In this scenario, I'm going to go with my live reads. We inducted Jason Kuhne into the Poker Hall of Fame yesterday, and here's the guy who plays the highest stakes in the world and knows I'm sure every simulation, if you brought it up, what the quote unquote computer, what the solver would tell him to do. But he is willing to deviate from that path when he has a live read on an opponent, when he thinks that he or she is bluffing, or he or she has it, he doesn't care what the computer says anymore. He'll go with that path, with that view, with that reasoning in his mind to make his decision, which, more often than I will will be the right one.
Speaker 5: All Right, Jeff, Let's go back to the ESPN broadcast factor, because, like you mentioned earlier, we as a society fell in love with poker after the moneymaker boom on ESPN. We're back on ESPN, but slight change to the path historically because we had the November nine. Back in the day where you would get to the final nine and then we would literally wait for the ESPN broadcasts and the storyline to catch up, and we would have like five months to learn who these nine people are and then hopefully build some momentum for the ESPN broadcast. This year, they decided for the first time to have a three week delay, so it's not the full five month November nine, but this final table was locked up almost three weeks ago. So how has that changed the broadcast and give me the pros and cons of a.
Speaker 3: Three week break.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it's changed it a little bit. What I love the most, and it goes back to what we talked about earlier, is it's really allowed the rails to develop. In the past, we've been lucky to have like one day off after they moved the November nine era back to normal course of a poker tournament, so you had like a day maybe to call friends and family, and this kind of scenario, you can tell everybody, and everybody can make their plans to come to Vegas a couple weeks later, and then of course everybody's going to probably take advantage of some coaching going to try to get a little bit better. That's going to change the game in so many different ways. Because here's an opponent who you have scouted. I'm sure they've watched the tape back, so they've seen twelve days of coverage, and so they've learned about this player. But then maybe this player changes gears, so there's all sorts of different dynamics. I like it from an audience perspective, I think it still allows a little bit of catch up time, like you mentioned Kor with those story lines developing, not as much as you would get in three months, but in this kind of universe right now, I think you have to play out the live streams. And then we were still able to show a couple of edited episodes on ESPN two to get more casual fans interested before we got started. And then for the players, they got to do media of their own. I know, Lucas Jumalan, our chip leader, was on Nick Schulman's Serious XM Show, and it's just a lot.
Speaker 6: Of examples like that.
Speaker 8: ESPN was promoting it via Sports Center Highlight, so we get more promotion as a show. Out of that, the rails get much better and the players get much better.
Speaker 6: As well with this kind of three week break.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Jeff, this is probably a really dumb question. Fantastic, but will we ever get to the point where you could bet on gambling, where like people in the arena that maybe have no attachment to the people playing can bet on how the hands will go and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Does that make any sense?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it does actually make sense, and we've had it before to where Caesar's Sports Book we played a Caesar's property in Horseshoe and Paris will post the odds of the final table, and I think Lucas Jumalan, our chip leader to start play, was like plus two hundred. As far as in play betting, it's a little tougher because, like we mentioned earlier, everybody's watching it live, but we can't see the whole cards, and then the whole cards are distributed, you know, forty five minutes later on our delay via live stream. So our security which is really good, which is really tight.
Speaker 6: It's weird to have it going on in two different windows.
Speaker 8: But like I could text a friend, hey, Lucas just won this pot, and then we wouldn't want you to be able to bet on the results of that hand. Forty five minutes later, so we're still kind of figuring things out as far. I love the idea of in play betting, just like you would be able to do during baseball, basketball, football, hockey.
Speaker 6: Tennis, golf, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 8: I think that will come to the World Series in some form, but it's just going to take us a while to figure out how to navigate that with the delay that we have.
Speaker 5: All Right, we got like a minute left, So a couple final points for Jeff Platting in ESPN the Night Main Event World Series of Poker. Jeff, you have historically been attached to a curse that if you interview somebody, they immediately get eliminated from that tournament of court.
Speaker 3: No, but it's the opposite.
Speaker 5: I've been interviewed now two straight years by Jeff Platt, and I've cashed that.
Speaker 3: Main Bowl times.
Speaker 5: I was over four before this, Jeff, So you have reversed my curse.
Speaker 3: So now you have to interview me next year. Even if you don't air it.
Speaker 5: You have to at least pretend and go through the motion. So I think you interviewed me, so I can go for three and.
Speaker 6: Even if I even if I didn't like you, which I do.
Speaker 8: The bosses would make me interview you because of the numbers that you guys bring, just the support for you, and like on WSP dot com we were talking about this, it's like top ten most popular players and like Daniel Grann, who is sure, Phil Helme, sure, phil Ivy Shre and boom there you are just right.
Speaker 3: On that list.
Speaker 6: Somehow you even got on that list twice. Your fans are unreal. So I'm always going to interview you.
Speaker 8: If you want to say the curse is broken and we reverse the curse, that's that's totally fine with me.
Speaker 9: Mann't pay you to interview the entire Minister of Vikings team this year sometime reverse the curse.
Speaker 6: I'll try my best just for you, guys.
Speaker 5: Jeff, you do an awesome job. The broadcast looked us sick last night. You did a great job all summer thing. Thanks for putting up with all the hate on Twitter too. You're like basically the PR department for the World Series of Poker. I appreciate the time, dude. To see you next summer.
Speaker 6: Okay, sounds good to see you guys. Always appreciate you all having got it.
Speaker 5: That's Jeff Platt ESPN tonight and tomorrow on uh seven o'clock tonight, I think seven o'clock tomorrow as well. Lucas Jumalan going for ten million sauce play the world series next year. He'll interview you, no patience and their slot machines to be playing out, very.
Speaker 4: True series of slot machines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a billion dollar idea world series of slots.
Speaker 2: So with sauce, guys, we got to end the show. PA's out, is he? He's out of the trade camp, isn't it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Any camps right? The costco.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: Power to return.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow five thirty to nine. See then.
Speaker 4: Wait for that.
Speaker 5: Sitting rounds from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsor