Speaker 1: Would let you broadcasting across the LA Todgers Audio network on the iHeartRadio app like I.
Speaker 2: Never let leveled another set who could do it lightly.
Speaker 3: They met another ya joy like the best player he's ever seen.
Speaker 1: Welcome into a World Series edition of Marongo Casino Dodgers on TM.
Speaker 3: Time to finish this thing off your pregame. Look at the world champion LA Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Oh that show road still goes through LA.
Speaker 5: And this is not albi my hoes.
Speaker 3: He means your position. If you want to come.
Speaker 1: Now, your host walking you up the first pitch golden my god, it's Tim cave.
Speaker 4: Hi everybody, and welcome into this World Series edition of Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Hope you're well on this Friday afternoon. Your Los Angeles Rodgers back in the Fall Classic as they look to defend their World Series championship. Dodgers in Toronto to square off with the Blue Jays Game one of the twenty twenty five World Series, and the Rogers Center is coming up at five point fifteen. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. I'm Moroango Casino Dodgers out on deck, coming up. You are gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts, get his pregame thoughts. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup David Vasei's gonna go one on one with the future Hall of Famer number twenty two, Clayton Kershaw. That's coming up. In forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers World Series magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson, who you can see doing pre and posts on sports and at LA live at the Rodgers Center. And at just a few minutes we head out to the gallupin Motors Broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, it's been a long week off for your Los Angeles Dodgers, who were last in action a week ago today, Yes, out of Dodger Stadium. It was against the Milwaukee Brewers, Game four of the NLCS show. Hey Otani had an historic night on the mound, six shutout innings, allowed just two wits, struck out ten along the way at the plate Superman Show, Heyotani with the home run in the first inning to give the Dodgers a one nothing lead. Otani went deep again in the fourth inning, Dodgers were on top four to nothing, and then in the seventh show, Ayotani went deep for a third time.
Speaker 5: So Otani has to take time.
Speaker 6: He steps back in one ball in two strikes, The big Righty McGill sets on the mount, here's the pitch, and O'tani tries.
Speaker 3: One left center field? Did you show hey, o Tani? The stuff of legend?
Speaker 4: A performance we may never ever see again in Major League Baseball. Six shutout innings on the mound, three home runs in the game as the Dodgers beat the Brewers last Friday, Game four of the NLCS, and that is the top tier play the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. With the four game sweep over the Brewers, Dodgers punched their ticket to the World Series and they had to wait a few days to find out who their opponent would be. As the Seattle Mariners and the Toronto Blue Jays went back and forth, and they went back to Toronto for a Game six. They then went to a Game seven on Monday night. Both teams scored in the first. The Mariners took a three to one lead thanks to a cal Raley home run in the fifth inning, it was looking like the Dodgers were gonna go to the Pacific Northwest and take on the Seattle Mariners until the seventh one.
Speaker 1: To oh pitch swing in the fightball left field indep Rose Arena.
Speaker 3: Turns good.
Speaker 7: Stringer Dinger four three Blue Jays in.
Speaker 3: The bottom of the seventh.
Speaker 4: Blue Jays radio with the call George Springer a three run home run in the bottom of the seventh inning of Game seven of the ALCS to give the Blue Jays a four to three lead. They would go on and close it out and get the win and punch their ticket for a matchup against the Dodgers. For the Toronto Blue Jays, it is their first World Series appearance since nineteen ninety three. For the Dodgers, their second straight World Series appearance, and they are the defending World Series champs. Tonight, Game one of the Fall Classic, Blake snow on the mound for the Dodgers. First pitch from Rogers Center in Toronto coming up at five point fifteen and with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 6: Tim Kats Happy Friday to you and every Dodger fan back home in Los Angeles. We join you from to Toronto. We join you from the twenty twenty five World Series. And I'm not going to bury the lead. Rick Monday. I am surprised that the country of Canada did not hold you up at customs. They let you through without a problem, despite what you did to Montreal. Obviously not Toronto, but Montreal and the country of Canada back in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they don't care if this is Toronto, is this fun or what?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean, this is what it's all about. You start to think back to day one in spring training, a camel back ranch, Glendale. Okay, the defending world champions come into camp. Everybody's saying, well can you repeat? Can you repeat? Well? Here they are with the biggest stage and it's the best of seven and the Toronto Blue Jays have had a sensational season and then really a turnaround if you look at the last year, the last place in the East, and then all of a sudden boom, here they are. They've earned it. The Dodgers have earned it. Now it's going to be classic and who gets the leg up early? The first two with Toronto they have the home field of Vantages and back to la for three and if needed, coming back to Toronto for the final two games of the seven games played.
Speaker 6: There are so many fascinating storylines to pick from in this World Series. I'm curious to know which one or two perhaps are top of mind, because again, it's a long list of things that we could watch over these next four to seven games.
Speaker 8: Well, I think the biggest thing is is being asked. I know it was asked if Dave Roberts. It was asked of everybody else in the Dodgers' organization at some point in another if there's a World championship, here are we looking at what can be labeled as a dynasty in Major League Baseball? Most probably you're looking at one of the most successful managers. If you look at the tenure that Dave Roberts has had and what the Dodgers have done over the years is incredible. Because when you put on a Dodger uniform and you sign up to play for them, there are expectations that are much higher than other organizations. The expectation is not just to have a good season. The expectation is to get to the Big Dance.
Speaker 6: And here they are, the Dodgers trying to go back to back, the first team in Major League Baseball since the turn of the century, the Yankees, the Blue Jays hosting a World Series game for the first time since.
Speaker 5: Joe Carter's historic walk off World.
Speaker 6: Series clinching home run in nineteen ninety three when the Jays went back to back. So the Dodgers are trying to do what Toronto did in the early nineties. And there's a lot of ties between these two organizations, a lot of ties from the Dodgers here to the country of Canada and the province of Ontario.
Speaker 5: Freddie Freeman is at the.
Speaker 6: Top of that list and top of mind of course, with his parents, his late mother Rosemary and his father Fred both being born and raised here in Ontario. And you know, Freddie being back here mode, not just in Ontario, but in the World Series, a stage that he has dominated throughout his career, he figures to play a prominent role once again.
Speaker 8: Well, the best of the best to perform best when the lights are turned up the brightest. They don't get any brighter in Major League Baseball playing games than right here. It's going to be a loud rock as crowd. The roof is closed. Yeah, Chili, you're gonna be down in to the forties outside. And for the Dodgers, hopefully they get red hot. Two teams, by the way, approach the game a little differently. The Dodgers go for slug and if you look at the Toronto Blue Jays, they have really made their mark by making contact and understanding they don't swing and miss that often.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tim as we get it back to you.
Speaker 6: It is an amazing matchup that we have here to the best teams in all of Major League Baseball. They are top five in most categories that everybody seems to care about. But contrasting styles, two big payrolls, but contrasting styles. The Blue Jays known for their offense, a relentless lineup that is deep one through nine, and as more mentioned, their ability to make contact. They led the majors in contact percentage. Well, they're going to be going against this Dodgers starting staff, which is red hot and leads all of baseball in with rate here in the postseason. So which one gives we'll find out in a little bit. Game one is starting shortly back later with some keys, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Nelly has been counting down to first pitch. Dodger fans, perfect time, get your game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Just one of your Shaky's Pizza jack and mojos. You can do it all at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Moronco Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. David Vase checks in from the Rogers Center. Throughout the hour, he'll go one on one with Clayton Kershaw. We break down this game one pitching matchup. But up next, Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA stops by. You can see her pre impost as we lead you up to Dodgers and Blue Jays. It's Game one of the twenty twenty five World Series. First pitch from Toronto, Canada. It's coming up at five point fifteen. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kass the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morono Cassino Dodgers Hunts the game on.
Speaker 3: Your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Blue Jays, Game one of the twenty twenty five World Series from Rodger Center in Toronto. Blake Snell gets the series opener, first pitch coming up in five fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: Hey, Kirs is brought to by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Call each seven seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly Asians standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today, Kirsten. It's been a minute, it's been a week since Game four the NLCS, but here they are, the Dodgers back at it, Game one of the World Series, north of the border in Toronto, and a lot of anticipation for this game.
Speaker 9: We're back.
Speaker 10: That's what I love about this and it's the most exciting time. This is Game one of the World Series. Tim There's obviously so much energy everything going around yesterday Media day, so of course all the guys had to be around talking about thirty forty five minutes. Got to sit down with Blake Snell, of course, the game one starter, and I think his energy says it all. Like literally yesterday he was talking about just preparing for start. He said that this is the most important start of his career. He is someone he loves these moments, his last outing of course, eighth shutout innings face the minimum through eight, so for him to now take the ball for Game one, he feels really good. The rest of this team behind him. They had, as you mentioned, a little bit of time between the end of the NLCS and of.
Speaker 4: Course Game one of this World Series.
Speaker 10: They had practices at Dodge Stadium, only took one true day off to reset mentally, but from talking to the guys, they all said that time was so valuable for them. Some guys are kind of battling some bumps and bruises, so they were able to heal mentally, physically reset, but also understanding they learned a lot from the bye week last year and how they had to kind of prepare themselves for the NLDS, not getting too comfortable in that time. So they learned that they were able to apply that to these five six days in between the end of the NLCS and start preparing for today for Game one. So they feel really good. But they're excited to have Blake Snell on the mountain at the tone.
Speaker 4: Looking at this twenty six man roster for the Dodgers, a little bit of change, especially in the bullpen.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so they are going to be without Alex Bessia for this series. You know, there's been some our thoughts are with him, some scary and unfortunate instance for him and his family. So he is away from the team. He's with his wife Kayla, dealing with a personal matter and because of that, so there was some thought potentially to put him on a family emergency list. How could they navigate this roster so that he could be in a position to come back. But ultimately, from talking to Dave Roberts and Andrew Friedman today, they have said that the most important thing for Alex right now is to be with his family, and so they didn't even want to give him the pressure of having to return. So they're looking at things as they will be without him for this series. So in the bullpen they have now Will Klein has been activated. Exciting for him making his first postseason roster and of course it just happens to be the World Series. He's been staying hot in Arizona. The focus for him recently has been just getting right hinted hitters out and so he feels really good as to how he's executing his and then they have put Edgardo and Riquez back on the roster. So for him, he was not on the roster for the NLCS, but from being back for the World Series, he's been in a good position staying hot. But it's really just more matchup drivemn of course, for the Blue Jays, they've got some power hitters, a deep lineup, so they feel good as to what.
Speaker 3: The bullpen looks like.
Speaker 10: But ultimately all of the guys, it's gonna come down to executing their pitches. And the hope is, you know, not only do they have a lot to play for just as a team, they all want to win the World Series. They want that history of going back to back, but now they have you know, there's some personal things too. It's Clayton Kershaw's final season in the big leagues. They wanted him to end on a bank. And then you have someone like Alex Vesia and so maybe there are who's been such a key arm in that bulpen, one of those bullpen dogs, and you know, maybe this is a way that another way that they can play for each other to uplift their teammates right now, and so it could be really special in that sense.
Speaker 4: A lot to play for for this Dodgers team, and it all begins here shortly with Game one. Here's that we appreciate. We'll check out with you after the game is still to get I'm here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper in to this Game one pitching matchup. David Vadego's one on one with Clayton Kershaw. What up next? We'll get the pregame thoughts of the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Blue Jays Game one of the World Series. First pitch from Toronto, Canada, coming up at five fifteen. I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch, Game one of the World Series. Dodgers in the Blue Jays, Morongo Casino Resort. It spot a Grand Slam for good times. Blake Snell and Trey Sevins. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at five fifteen.
Speaker 3: Any questions for Dave Dave can you just describe Dave.
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 9: The dugouts with Robberts Dave yesterday when in honestly the last few weeks of talking to Blake's now he's talked about just how much information he likes to take in before each start. What have you learned from him in his pitching style as information he likes to take it as he prepares for his outing. That kind of maybe stands out to stands out to you about him that maybe you didn't know before managing him.
Speaker 11: I think I've learned that he does a good job with his homework. He has his own process, very well prepared, but takes in information from you know, you know, Mark and the catchers, and but really is very well prepared and he understands how much he needs versus being overloaded.
Speaker 2: I'll run it from hi, Dave.
Speaker 12: With all the reasons that your team has for wanting to win another World Series, do you think the alex Avessia situation is another reason this team is going to play for him?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 11: You know, it's certainly on our hearts and we miss him and we'll be thinking about him, and certainly you know he's a part of this and it's just even more motivation.
Speaker 5: Yes, right in the next row.
Speaker 13: Hey, Dave, during the celebration after winning last year's World Series, you said, let's get ready to run this thing back. Now, this is that opportunity that first day where you're trying to run it back. Describe the pressure you feel right now?
Speaker 11: Nothing whatsoever I think that you know right now, you know, our only focus is winning tonight, and I mean that wholeheartedly. That's the only thing that we care about right now.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 11: It's a big game. It's going to be a fun crowd. Our guys prepared, you know, and that's something I said certainly close to a year ago, and we're in a position to do that. But you know, we got to win four games. So right now, you know, let's take care of business and then we'll see if it all falls out.
Speaker 13: Fourth throw on your left dock.
Speaker 14: So Davia just wanted to clarify Vesia being off the rosters he out for the World Series at this point.
Speaker 11: You know what I think, Sonya, that's probably the most likely, uh, you know, unless something unforcing happens. That's kind of where what we're anticipating.
Speaker 14: And you know, obviously the human side of this is kind of bigger than the baseball side. But he's been using so many big situations for you, how do you kind of replace that with your current bullpen?
Speaker 11: Yeah, we have we have a lot of uh, you know, viable options, and I don't know what situation will present itself, but I trust all the guys, I really do, and Gudgement have to step up. But Alex is certainly going to be missed.
Speaker 5: Check just one more to clarify on that.
Speaker 6: Did you guys consider putting him on like the family medical leave list at all? Or was it just he wasn't going to be able to come back even if you did do that.
Speaker 11: I think we exhausted a couple of different options, but just considering, you know, obviously what he's going through, and you know, baseball certainly on the back burner. So I just think that's kind of the right, you know process. I think that we as an organization was probably the best way to handle it. And to be quite honest, I don't know a lot of what went into it.
Speaker 4: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts. Certainly Alex Vessia. Our thoughts and prayers with him and his family as he's out with a personal issue, not on this World Series roster, and the Dodgers certainly with heavy hearts as they get ready now for Game one of this World Series coming up. It's the Dodgers and Blue Jays from Rogers Center coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on denck. Don't forget we're gonna hear from the manager. We just did Dave Roberts for the future Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw. That's coming up in about twenty minutes. But I'm next to check in with David Vadzay as we.
Speaker 5: Lead you out to first pitch.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kass Word Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers in Blue Jays, Game one of the World Series from Toronto. Blake Snell on the mount, first pitch coming up at five point fifteen.
Speaker 3: Joining Tim kits on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 5: All right, DV.
Speaker 4: Here we are Game one from the Rogers Center. It's been a while since postseason baseball has gone this far in Toronto nineteen ninety three. What's it like right now?
Speaker 12: Yeah, just being around the city the last day or so. This stadium, by the way, is pretty full, sellout crowd. It gets loud, especially with the roof closed. They got the manager from their last World Series championship team Edo throwing out the first pitch tonight and tomorrow the hero from nineteen ninety three, Joe Carter, is throwing out the first pitch tomorrow. So this is something that you know, Toronto hasn't had, like you said, in thirty two years, So everybody's excited. The Dodgers obviously have done this a few times since twenty seventeen fifth World Series during the last nine years. They're looking to become one of a handful of teams to win three World Series in the last six years if they can get this job done.
Speaker 4: David has brought to you by the twenty twenty five Ford f one to fifty from California's best Allien truck brand. It's time to see Ford in a new lights now. Certainly the Alex Vesia situation, our thoughts are with him and his family as he is away from the team. As far as the rosters concerned, David a couple of new arms joining this Dodgers bullpen.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Will Klein and Edgardo and Riquez have been added. Ben Casparius has been taken off and all so with the absence of Alex Vesia, that opened up another spot. Tanner Scott, who had him pitched in over a month, did not get that spot. The Dodgers decided to go with two righties because the Blue Jays are a very right handed team, so there's really no spot where you would bring in a lefty specialist to get a very dangerous left handed hitter out like a Kyle Schwarber or a Bryce Sarper in the NLDS. But you can't replace Alex Vesia. He was Dave Roberts fireman. He did that in Game four where he took out shoe a Otani in the seventh inning and there were runners at first and second. He brought in Vessia to be able to put out that fire and get through the seventh inning and bridge it to the back end of the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Who is he going to.
Speaker 12: Turn to in that type of situation, Well, he may be forced to just stick with his starter in that situation. Moving forward without an Alex Vesia, Anthony Banda is probably at the top of the list when you do bring in a lefty that can get lefties and righties out and has experience from last year. But Andrew Friedman earlier today kind of gave us a little bit more clarity on why the Dodgers did not have Alex Vesia on the World Series roster or even at the very least a family emergency list or bereavement list.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, we just would didn't want to have any potential for any kind of pressure. You know, this is so much bigger than baseball, and for us, it was doing whatever small part we could to just one hundred percent be supportive.
Speaker 12: And just to put it into context and when this all came about. As far as the timeline goes, alex Vesia did not travel with the Dodgers to Toronto in the one day the media had access to a Dodger workout earlier this week, Alex Vesia was not there. So obviously the Dodgers had some inclination that Vesia and his if we're dealing with something very personal, and obviously given him all the support and like Andrew said, bigger than baseball, and the Dodgers have another reason to win the World Series.
Speaker 4: So doubt about that showy Otani. Last time we saw him, David hit three home runs but six shutout Indians and he did something different before that Game four the NLCS. Did he do the same thing before Game one of the World Series.
Speaker 12: He did, and he was very transparent about it. At media Day, he gave us a heads up that he was going to take batting practice on the field last night at Rogers Center. And just like at Dodgers Stadium, he was part of the last group, him and Freddie Freeman taking batting practice on the field here at Rogers Center. And since it is a dome, you can't hit it out of the stadium, but you can certainly hit it to Quebec. And that's exactly what shoe Hey Otani did a few different times. In right center field, it's about five tiers up. Otani hit it to the fourth tier. It looks like a stadium club. There's some chandeliers. If you catch this on Instagram and five to seventy LA Sports are on television tonight and right center field there's like a there's like a stadium club with chandeliers.
Speaker 5: Otani hit it there.
Speaker 12: If he would have hit it to straightaway center field, he would have hit it to the second tier of the hotel that's in straightaway center field. So he was putting on a show. And this obviously is the last postseason series. It worked for him to have well once in a lifetime performance in Game four of the NLCS. So he's sticking with what's working, all right.
Speaker 4: David Gray Stuffle, check back you with you just a little bit. Coming up, we got your magical moment Dodgers Blue Jays Game one of the World Series. First bitch of five fifteen. I'm Tim Kas's World champion, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Blue Jays gave one of the twenty twenty five World Series from Toronto. Blake Snell on the mound. First pitch coming up at five point fifteen, though not about that.
Speaker 8: A hot dog?
Speaker 12: Who wants a hot dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Haffe Magical Moment, Bitch Magical Magical present by Howey Hot.
Speaker 4: Dogs well tonight Game one of the World Series. Been some magical moments in Game one for the Dodgers. It's got to go back to last year, twenty twenty four World Series Game one against the New York Yankees Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers in extra innings, down but not out thanks to Freddy Freeman, the.
Speaker 6: Yankees three, the Dodgers two. The bases are loaded to out bottom of the tenth thitting. The scenario you dream about. Freddy is living first pitch, swinging high.
Speaker 7: Fly ball dude, Freddie Freeman channeling is inner. Kirk Dibson, Oh, walk up home run his Game one of the World Series, Hey, walk up Grand Slam. They celebrate at the play winners six to three.
Speaker 4: What a magical moment. Indeed, a year ago, Game one of the twenty twenty four World Series, the Freddie Freeman walk off grand Slam as the Dodgers beats the New York Yankees. His Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Doggs, Haffey Soaka's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Haffey Hot Dogs Local and so great. Well, we continue here on Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We'll check in with Charlie Steiner. Yes, we'll hear from Charlie and Ricknecks. He leads up to first pitch from Toronto Dodgers and Blue Jays Game one of the World Series. I'm Tim Kass, World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue All Season Log.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Blue Jays Game one of the World Series from Toronto, Canada. Blake Snell tay you seven to the pitching matchup time Now for the Verizon startup is we are a little bit more than thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store Today. We turn things over to Charlie Stunner.
Speaker 16: All right, Tim, We're ready to go Game one of the World Series. You know, the Dodgers have played just four games in the last two weeks, steamrolling the Reds and Phillies and Brewers going nine to one, the Blue Jays seven and fours.
Speaker 5: Their first World Series.
Speaker 16: Is nineteen ninety three October the twenty fourth, nineteen ninety three. That's eleven thousand, eighty eight days. The Dodgers back in the series for the first time in three hundred and fifty six days. It was three hundred and fifty six days ago.
Speaker 2: That they won the World Series.
Speaker 16: Bo you get the question, I know as I which is more advantagous team that has been playing right to the finish line or a team that can kind of sit back, go through the drills and get ready to play that way.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it's an interesting question because I think it also depends upon the team. Is it a team that needs a few extra days to get some people healthy, You can make that argument. Is it a team that has been able to work on a few things that maybe that they had not been doing before they had the opportunity to lay off. I think the big question also would go to the manager, John Schneider of the Toronto Blue Jays when you have well rest or rust because they have activated Bobashit. Now here's the rest part. You know, he's not played a game in a month and a half, so he is a lot of rust on him, and yet he is going to be not only activated, he's going to be starting at second base study. He has had that knee injury. So a lot of people are saying, well, we needed to get some rest on our team. The others are saying, no, the team hasn't played in a long time. Rust you know what, They're going to play both hansoms here tonight and it doesn't matter. Did you have a good night's sleep? I think that's a bigger important question.
Speaker 16: That's exactly right going in And that's one of the people talk about experience or lack of same in the postseason. If you have been there before, it's I think a lot easier just to know exactly where you are and realize that the bases are still just ninety feet apart, and you go, you play, you feel it, you touch it, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But it is a different animal. It's a different animal from the wild card series the Dodgers won. It's a different animal than the division series what they won. Different animal than the championship, the league championship series. I mean, this is a series all into itself, and unless you've experienced it as a player, as a member of the media, as a fan, and then you get the the you know, the blood flow going and the adrenaline going. I mean, this is a whole different thing. And just watching people on the field tonight, you could not count the number of microphones. And I mentioned that because one of the things years ago we used to tell younger players are coming up and experiencing postseason played for the first time, in particular World Series, do not let all the noise around you, let you get out of your routine to get ready for a game. And that's really really important as these two teams about to get going.
Speaker 16: That's exactly why the experience factor been there done, that is a big deal. You know how to feel because you've been down that road before. All right to the picture, Lake Snell he is the reason why the Dodgers signed him. In his last six games, including the postseason, a record of five and one, a zero six eight er opponents are hitting one fifteen against him five straight postseason starts, including fourteen consecutive scoreless innings. And of course, Trey Yeskevitch is the second youngest World Series starter twenty two years plus. The youngest was Ralph Branca for the Dodgers. He was twenty one back in nineteen forty seven. So the pitching, obviously especially in a World Series is huge and with Snell on the hill Ken been there, done that, one would think that's.
Speaker 5: A huge advantage.
Speaker 8: One would think that's a huge advantage. This is a different time, it's a different day, and it's a different game, and this is a different team that's going to be pitching against Toronto. And I say that because even their manager came out earlier says, look, we base things on putting the ball in play. They figure that's very important, and it is. They don't strike out that often, they don't swing and miss that often. The question is Blake Snell has the ability to expand the strike zone. You know, we've seen that time and time again, hitters just getting anxious and start to swing and pitches off the plate, out of the strike zone. Will the Blue Jays do that same thing. It's a commodity that they've not really visited that often during the season. And the Dodgers have to figure out how they're going to handle a the velocity of you savage and absolutely drop off the end of the table split finger fastball, and.
Speaker 16: The Dodgers have not fared particularly well against a fastball.
Speaker 5: A couple of real quick.
Speaker 16: Notes Otani and Springer this year combined for eighty seven home runs during the regular season, lead off hinners. Long way from the days.
Speaker 3: Of peewee reason, Bobby Richardson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a different game. It's an absolutely different game.
Speaker 8: And everybody's talking about, well, the Dodgers' bullpen has had some difficulty. Well, here's some numbers in postseason this year. You'll look at the starting pitching for the Dodgers a one point four EER. They're relievers. The bullpen is for eighty eight. People say, well, get to the bullpens. Well, how about the Toronto bullpen in postseason? They have an ERA above five and a half. So when you talk about the bullpens, which one will you kind of squint a little bit harder. The other part, too, is the Dodgers starting pitchers to this point Charlie have extended the number of innings that they have pitched, therefore reducing the coverage needed by the bullpens.
Speaker 16: Two quick notes. Kick Aernandez. This is his eighty sixth postseason game for the Dodgers, matching Justin Turner. And then there's Freddy Freeman, who has hit safely in each of his eleven World Series games, hitting three ten six home runs in his last seven games in the postseason. Those are two guys who, obviously the Dodgers will be relying upon quite a.
Speaker 2: Bit this series.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the Dodgers are gonna have to have some very good hitting, you know. So far, runners in scoring position the Blue Jays have had the highest batting average, well over too eighty in postseason runners in scoring position for the Dodgers just two eleven. However, that has been a very strong to eleven quite frankly, because they haven't had to score a great deal of runs because the pitchy staff.
Speaker 5: Is not allowed too many.
Speaker 16: I am not going to ask you for a prediction because people ask me for frestution.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 16: That's why we're playing line ups in first pitch coming up, Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Charlie, as we get you ready for fraz pitch. Dodger fans don't forget. You can join Angel CITYFC all month on and pimo as they host their final home games with the regular season tickets at info at angelcity dot com. Plus plan ahead for the twenty twenty six season with season tickets for next year with Angel CITYFC.
Speaker 5: Find out all about it.
Speaker 4: At Angelcity dot Com. Still to come here, Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup of the keys of the game. But I'm next. We go high and tight with the future Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw lead you up to Game one of the World Series, Dodgers and Blue Jays from Toronto. I'm Tim Kats's World champion in Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Blue Jays, Game one of the World Series from Toronto. Blank Snell, Treya Savage, the pitchy Manchum. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by our friends with Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza part of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night and Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high and tight.
Speaker 12: We are getting closer to our first pitch Game one of the World Series. Clayton Kershaw's last dance. We are joined by the great left hander future Hall of Famer Clayton. Thank you so much for the time, and I know this is why you're here.
Speaker 2: This is it. This is why I'm here. Good to talk to everybody here. This is it.
Speaker 12: Have you been able to enjoy the moments of this and the last couple of months of the season more than you've allowed yourself to enjoy other moments of your career?
Speaker 2: I think so, I think so. I Yeah.
Speaker 17: I usually try not to get too wrapped up and everything, but yeah, once I kind of came out and said that I was finished, it's hard not to, you know, it's hard not to be a little bit reflective, and you know, the few moments I had, you know, the last home game at Dodger Stadium, the last game in Seattle is just it is really special.
Speaker 2: And then getting to.
Speaker 17: Celebrate, you know, the victories in the postseason all that, like, I know, I maybe have one more.
Speaker 2: Time to get to do that.
Speaker 17: So it's, uh, yeah, all that stuff you can't help but kind of look back and just be grateful for it all.
Speaker 12: During this journey of the postseason, I've seen players from other teams, you know, workouts or before the games go out of their way to kind of just salute you.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed that, how.
Speaker 12: Guys that you may not have expected come up to you and just you know, say congratulations.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean I think everybody it is. It's I'm super honored by that, you know, not you never expect anybody to say, you know, nice things, especially when you're playing against you. But to have guys say, you know, a great career, you know, enjoyed playing against you or competing all that stuff is uh, is very is awesome. You know, it really is because the peers, you know, your peers are kind of that's who the opinions matter. You know, there's a lot of people outside this game that will say things that don't understand. So to have have your peers respect is uh. I've always said that guys inside your clubhouse and guys around the game, that's the that's the most important thing as far as your reputation has.
Speaker 12: The some of the more uncomfortable things is for you to hear that and hear people celebrate you, and even guys in your own clubhouse have that type of respect and vocalize it, even maybe making goat sounds at times.
Speaker 17: I just tell them not to make it weird, Dave, I just tell them, don't make it weird. And so you know, but yeah, we've got We've got a lot of awesome guys. I think everybody. It's just a I think it's a mutual thing. I'm so grateful for all these guys, and it's just it's just pretty cool.
Speaker 12: Is there something to be said about everything you've accomplished certain players on this team have accomplished individually and as a group that you guys are still hungry for more. Are there guys playing with a chip on their shoulder to prove something for themselves and for the group?
Speaker 17: Is that part of this No, I just think we're a great team and this is what we're supposed to do. I mean, I think it's as simple as that, Like we don't have We've got one goal at the beginning of every season, and it takes the right type of superstars. You know, and Andrew does a great job. You know when you look at show, Hey, Mookie, Freddie, the top three guys on down, they're superstar players, but their mindset is just to win the World Series, and so they do everything that they possibly can to help.
Speaker 2: Us win the World Series.
Speaker 17: So I've been around guys where they've been great players that might that might not necessarily be the case at times, and so to have that is just like that that trickle down effect makes everybody realize that that's that's why we're here, and that's why we are a Dodger. That's what we signed up to do, and we're going to try to do that over the course of the next ten days.
Speaker 12: Doesn't that make this team unique because you have been teammates with guys that had a lot of talent but didn't have the work ethic to be able to fulfill it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I mean, I don't know if it's work ethic. I don't know what it is. I just know that there's kind of like a factor of wanting to win and what that looks like. And you saw it last year with Freddy's ankle. You see it this year with Mookie becoming a.
Speaker 2: Goal globe shortstop. You see it with Shohey.
Speaker 17: Doing everything he can to be the best hitter and the best pitcher, And that trickles all the way down, like Will Smith trying to play through a broken hand, or you know, like just just everybody pitcher's stepping up, you know, pitching all the time, all bullpen guys throwing constantly, you know, just different.
Speaker 2: Stuff like they see these guys do.
Speaker 17: So that means that they they're going to fall in line too, and that's that's just pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I feel like Blake I got before I'll let you go.
Speaker 12: You've been in game one starter many times in your career. Blake is kind of setting the tone every series. What have you seen as far as the growth from when he first started pitching to where he's at right now with you guys.
Speaker 17: I've always said that Blake when he's right, is top top two to three pitchers in the game. I've said that when he was in Tampa, I said that when he was in San Diego.
Speaker 2: San Francisco.
Speaker 17: He's He's special, he really is, and you're seeing that now. He's got four pitches that are elite and he he loves to compete, he really does.
Speaker 2: So it's uh, I'm excited to watch tomorrow.
Speaker 12: Have you seen Donna yet?
Speaker 17: I haven't seen Donna yet. I haven't seen Don yet. I'll get him a hug and tell him I'm happier here. But this is as far as it goes, thank you, Clayton, all right, thanks.
Speaker 12: There he goes, Clayton Kershaw the goat.
Speaker 4: That all right, thanks a lot of dv Yes he is the goat. And Dodger fans all love of number twenty two Clayton Kershaw. As we lead you out to first pitch, Dodger fans getting closer up. Next we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. It's the Dodgers and Blue Jays, Game one of the World Series.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kase.
Speaker 4: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Faseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Blue Jays, Game one of the World Series, coming up from Toronto. First pitch of five point fifteen.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 4: Resented about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealers today. They make it easy Trey You seven on the mound for the Blue Jays. Twenty two year old right hander, first round pick on East Carolina a year ago, set youngest starting pitcher in World Series history. He started this season in low A ball skyrocketed through the minor leagues one and zero with a three to twenty one ERA in three starts in the postseason. Keep in mind he didn't get called up till mid September, made only three starts at the big leagues in the regular season. Blake Snell he goes for the Dodgers. Thirty two year old left hander, first season with the Blue In his tenth season the big leagues. Overall, he finished five and four to two thirty five ERA and eleven starts with the Dodgers. Fourth start this postseason, he's three to zero with a sub one ER. Last time out, of course, those eight shutout innings ten strikeouts in a win against the Brewers. He has faced the Blue Jays sixteen times in his career, five and fourth to two thirty nine ERA. He last took them mount against him on August ninth, toss five scoreless innings, allowed three hits, struck out ten and getting the win. Keep in mind he has pitched at Rogers Center. This is his ninth career start at that stadium, his first this year. Blake Snell, Treya Savage, Dogs, Blue Jays. We're fifteen minutes away from Game one of the twenty twenty five World Series. Keys of the game are next. I'm Tim Kas' is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long law.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Blue Jays Game one of the World Series from Toronto. Blake Snell on the mound. Treya seven is the rookie and going for the Blue Jays tonight Game one tomorrow Game two, as the Dodgers loved to defend their World Series championship. First pitch from Rogers Center is coming up at five point fifteen, though before that, we head back out to the booth one final time. Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys, All.
Speaker 5: Right, TC, back at it with Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: First pitch from Toronto will be thrown out in just a matter of moments, and it is from a twenty two year old Trey you Savage, making just his seventh major league start ever, and he's got Game one of the World Series against Blake Snell for the Dodgers. Rick Monday, your biggest key in this game is what, well, my biggest key is at how the pressure of a twenty two year old who comes on He started an a Bowl this year, went to double a trilea. He's only been in the big leagues what thirty eight days, thirty nine days to be exact. When he made his pitching debut this year in a ball in Duneden, Florida, there was a crowd on hand of three hundred and twenty seven. Tonight there's going to be at least thirty nine and fifty that's the capacity of this ballpark. How does he react and how did the Dodgers hitters react? Because he runs the heater upstairs really high fastball with the velocity and that split finger fastball throwing for really over the top of his head, a high trajectory, and it moves. They measured it. It has a depth of about five feet and the Dodgers kind of hone in on where the strength zone is.
Speaker 5: And tim as he get it back to you.
Speaker 6: One offensive key for the Dodgers because the offense really hasn't clicked in this postseason. Yeah, a lot of attention on a Tani in Toronto. Understand that, But the Blue Jays are not shy about issuing intentional walks.
Speaker 5: They have done it with stars throughout the year.
Speaker 6: Aaron Judge show, Hey in the in the summer when the Blue Jays visited LA. They just did it with cal Rawle a couple times in the ALCS. So I'm looking at Mooki Betts behind Otani, who has been walked seven times intentionally his last eight games against the Jays.
Speaker 5: Well, we know that Mooki takes.
Speaker 6: It personally when he sees that walk in front of him, and he's a career four to twenty nine hitter following in an intentional walk. We'll see how often that happens throughout this series. The World Series Game one after this, Dodger fans, are you ready? Let's go buckle up. Game one of the World.
Speaker 4: Series is next, Dodgers and Blue Jays from Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada. Blakes now Trey is Seven's the fitchy matchup show? Hey, Otani leads it off next. This has been Roco Casino Dodgers on deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network