Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talking, Well, it's been abnormal weather at Dodger Stadium and I've taken a lot of heat, including from our guest, three times World Series champion Max Munsey about my jacket. Munsey, thanks a lot for the time, and you always taught me to be prepared, so I feel like I'm very prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws at us tonight.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are you prepared for Antarctica right now? It's not that cold, David, You'll be fine, Munsey.
Speaker 1: This is a multi middle layer type jacket.
Speaker 2: If you say so, it looks like you're pre prayed to go out in the snow right now.
Speaker 1: Munsey, thanks a lot for the time. And obviously a great start to the season. As far as the celebration of the team, do you feel like we're starting to settle into the season almost?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know, it's way we have a normal couple games here and then we got to go to DC and you know, you have the opening ceremonies there, and then you know, we get to Toronto and obviously they're probably gonna have something planned, you know, just the World Series rematch. Once we get past that, you know things will fall back into the normal, you know, daily routine, and you know that I think guys will be happy to get back into that.
Speaker 1: It's hard not to ignore. As soon as the schedule came out, we all saw that your first road trip is going back to where you guys were able to come back into elimination games to win the World Series. What do you believe will be your feelings when you step back into the Rogers Center.
Speaker 2: It'll be exciting, for sure. You know, I always felt the same way when we when we went back to Texas. You go back in there and you're kind of like, you know, this is this is our building, this is where we won, this is where we took care of business. And I'm sure the feelings will be the same when when we go there. You know it's gonna be very hostile, very loud. That place was unbelievable in the playoffs. But you know, when you're able to take care of business and come home with the trophy, you just you feel like that place, You know it holds a special place in your heart forever.
Speaker 1: Max Munsey is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Guardians. I actually saw you go over and I believe you were talking to Stephen Vote, the Guardian's manager. How far back do you go with him in the Oakland organization?
Speaker 2: Me and Vote go back a long time. You know, when I made my debut and I walked through the doors of the clubhouse, the very first person standing there to give me a hug with Steven Vote. And uh, you know, I get asked all the time about you know, like a mount rushmore of teammates and and Vote he's on there. You know that the other three spots I could pick from any number of guys that have been here with the Dodgers over the years, and but you know, one spot for sure is always going to belong to Stephen Vote. He just he taught me so much. He was kind of a mentor to me. And you know, to see him have the success he's had as a manager, it's not surprising at all to me, just the kind of teammate he was and the kind of ballplayer he was, and you know, we're just catching up talking about old times, you know, and uh, it's always it's always great to see him. It's nothing but nothing but warm hugs and good feelings. But you know, anytime I get a chance to talk to Steven, I I really get excited about it.
Speaker 1: What's one thing that you remember the most about what he taught you about this game and how to be a pro.
Speaker 2: You know, he was one of the first guys where it was that I saw where it was we need to have as much fun as possible. But as soon as that takes away from your performance on the field and the focus on the game, he would shut that. You know, he would shut it down. And you know, he just loved to have fun. But he also loved to go out there and work. He'd loved to talk hitting, he loved to just talk about the details of playing baseball and how to win a game. And you know that's just something that's stuck with me even to now, just paying attention to the details, trying to have fun, but also not taking away from the game.
Speaker 1: Max, thanks a lot for the time, love all those stories that you share with us. Appreciate it and look forward to the first road trip with you.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll see. I don't know if you'll get if you'll get any time there, David, We'll see.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like this jacket works in Toronto, or should I, you know, upgrade, maybe go a little heavier in Toronto.
Speaker 2: I don't think you need to go any heavier. You got to park on you know. I think that'll be just fine for Toronto.
Speaker 1: All right. Thanks a lot for the advice. What a great life coach you are. I appreciate it, of course, thing for you, David,