Speaker 1: All right, back with Eddie and Rocky and rock the As the information on the Ryaner murder case comes out and drips and drabs, it's pretty obvious. It's not pretty obvious. It's obvious what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's pretty grossly from what we've been confirmed today. He slipped their throats while they were in bed, you know. And and just I mean, here's a troubled kid. Say kid, he's thirty two years old. He's not a kid, but you know he's lived there at the house, you know, on and off drugs, mostly on drugs. His whole life just you know, led a terrible existence here, and now two people are dead.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to our legal authority.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Our go to guy Jeremy Rosenthal. He's been a prosecutor, he's been a defense attorney. He knows all, sees all. Jeremy as always a pleasure to have you. So, Jeremy, Rocky and I were talking about this. Why was this guy walking free? It's whatever happened to institutional licensing? Somebody? Can you do that? I don't know how that works.
Speaker 4: Well, it's interesting that you say that the mental health system for America has a name, and that name is jail.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: And there's just not a lot of ways to look.
Speaker 4: The writers were obviously suffering from what I think a lot of American families suffer from, and that is having a loved one.
Speaker 5: That is that's.
Speaker 4: An addict, and not just an addict, but a very very severe one. We're talking heroin, We're talking met them, fetamine. We're talking over fifteen stints if I'm understanding it, rehab we're talking about we're talking about homelessness. There's a lot of families that have a loved one that kind of fit into this category. And I'll tell you this degree of violence is generally not associated with that. So you know, we all sort of kind of get our heads around the drug offenders, the mental health offenders, and and and this is really it's really hard to see something like this coming, right.
Speaker 2: But to the point on the mental hospital. There used to be a mental hospital here locally called Longview State Mental Hospital. And you know, and and a lot of folks would say, yeah, if you walked around inside of it, it was not a you know, it was kind of a scary place. But the point was, you know, it was a place where people that were dealing with either you know, they had a wing that was dedicated. If you were addicted to drugs, you were there. And if you just had standard, uh you know, mental issues, you were over here on this side. But you know, you got three meals a day, you got your warm they had programs for you, and you could you know, it was a place where if you wanted to leave and showed that you could, you could get out of there. But if not, you could stay there. But these mental institutions went away, Jeremy, why is that? Why don't you don't see these anymore? And to your point, Jay has now become the de facto mental hospital in our society.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I saw the movie about that place, the one in Cincinnati and the guy kidnapped one of the people to see Fernando Valenzuela pitch in Los Angeles, remember rain Man.
Speaker 1: That was not a documentary, Jeremy.
Speaker 6: That was.
Speaker 4: The answer to your question in all seriousness is money.
Speaker 5: It's funding. That's the difference.
Speaker 4: Is that it is really hard to These types of places are not very popular and and if you can fund them, you're getting you know, look, you in most instances when you're talking about rehabilitative places and just and to kind of even back up on that for a second too. So, so let's talking about rehab places, the vast majority of which are going to be private, which means that it's sort of in many ways pay to play, right, uh, And and you know, and and so a lot of those places are unattainable.
Speaker 5: For for most folks.
Speaker 4: Insurance is not going to necessarily cover those things.
Speaker 5: But the other part is that they're voluntary, right.
Speaker 4: You have to have a legal reason to put somebody into a facility, and and the the the measure for just straight mental issues. We you know, we have a constitution, you have due process. Doesn't matter how how many you know, how problems you are, it is really really hard to have somebody committed.
Speaker 5: The most common And that's why I say jail is.
Speaker 4: The most common, uh one, because jail's the one that kind of cuts through all the due process. It's the one that's sort of is obvious, and it's the one that tends to draw the authorities.
Speaker 5: And it's that's when we can force people.
Speaker 4: To do things that that they don't necessarily want to do, even if they need it.
Speaker 5: So it's it's it's.
Speaker 4: Very hard on the due process liberty front. It's very hard, and it's very hard to fund these things too.
Speaker 2: But what about I understand everything you said, but what about the constitutional due process of society, A society that doesn't want to go downtown and have people using drugs right on the streets. You look at some of these major cities there. They live on the streets because they want to live on the streets, not because they're forced to. They want to live that lifestyle and do their drugs openly right on the street and and just kind of live there. What about the people that are doing the right thing in society, why should they have to deal with it?
Speaker 4: Well that that's exactly the point, and that's exactly the crux of this entire problem is. You know that the Constitution applies to individuals, it's in individual's.
Speaker 5: Rights, you know.
Speaker 4: But in the government, it's the government that's on the other side of the constitution. And it's the government's job to, you know, look to not take away people's rights. But it's the government's job to make sure that your streets are clean.
Speaker 5: That's what your tax.
Speaker 4: Dollars are for, to make sure that there's no potholes, that the that the you know, that that that everything's working and and things like that and that, and that you're you're not in danger when you go downtown. So it's that it's that constant struggle between the individual's rights and those extremes.
Speaker 5: But it's just really really hard.
Speaker 4: It's hard to put people in a cage and unless.
Speaker 5: You're you know, whether they're whether.
Speaker 4: They have it coming or whether they don't have it coming.
Speaker 5: And and look, I mean, if it was as easy.
Speaker 4: Like you know, just to kind of use a Dallas example, you know, j R. Ewing, that guy would have his loved ones thrown.
Speaker 5: In the in the in the in the whatever place.
Speaker 4: You know, he would have you signed some fake documents and the next thing you know, you were committed and he's there stealing your oil.
Speaker 5: It's not that simple.
Speaker 4: It's just not that easy to have somebody put away.
Speaker 5: And this, you know what I'm reading about.
Speaker 4: All this, you know with Rob Reiner, that was a very very complicated relationship with that with his son. And I'll tell you this much too, of all the families that are out there that are struggling with.
Speaker 5: This kind of addiction, a lot of times.
Speaker 4: Money like the Riders had, is a curse and not a blessing. And that is because you can constantly rescue the attic who doesn't need it, who needs to hit bottom?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Who needs to I'm not saying anybody needs to be homeless, but sometimes I can't tell you how many parents I've dealt with that say, thank God, my son, my daughter is in jail at.
Speaker 5: Least I know so safe.
Speaker 4: And so that is that's why I and you hear a lot about enabling. And I don't know that that's what was going on here. But he was living in the back house. They had a fight apparently at Conan O'Brien's house the night before. I mean, who hasn't had that happen, right, I mean, I know you guys were more than the thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I had left. It's funny because I had left Conan's right before the fight started.
Speaker 5: Uh right, So.
Speaker 1: But I did hear about it. But but but but let me ask you, Jeremy. They so there's nothing you could do as a parent, because apparently these poor people were living in fear the last days of their life. They knew that this kid was all kinds of whacked you. So there's really nothing you can do about except try to wait for him to do something seriously wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very very reactive. There's nothing right. It seems like, you know, our whole society thing is very reactive instead of being proactive about things. And in a lot of different instances, but to Eddie's point in this case, yeah, can we do something before the tragedy happens? Instead of looking back, you say, no, we should we should have done this.
Speaker 4: Well, this is this is look, this is the classic debate. And I guarantee you there's people listening to this that have that.
Speaker 5: Have fought this fight before.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of parents out there that will cut their cut the kid.
Speaker 5: Off, you know.
Speaker 4: And And when I was a very junior lawyer and I was accepting court appointed cases, one of the very first types of cases that you get are low level drug offenses.
Speaker 5: And I learned very very quickly that these types of addicts, that these types.
Speaker 4: Of offenders, they build all these houses of cards and Okay, pick up the phone, I call Uncle Jimmy, Omaha, and Uncle Jimmy and Omaha says that guy's dead to me, never call me again. And that's because the offender has burned through everybody in their family. Uh, their resources, lying, stealing, credit card abuse, anything in everything that you can think of. And and and a lot of parents will cut that child off in fact that that you know, and it's probably to some degree. And this is guessing probably Rob Reiner was in.
Speaker 5: A perpetual state of trying to fix his son.
Speaker 4: And and when and it bit him.
Speaker 1: All right with the with that, Jeremy, we will let you go. And also, uh, what's what an M trying to steal our quarterback?
Speaker 5: Just curious are they trying to take him? You know what?
Speaker 4: You know what, go ahead take him, you know, enjoy your third place finish and be in the you know, enjoy your your your cheese at bowl whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there The point is, you guys could get a pretty good quarterback, right what the folks are saying that you see quarterbacks? Sowersby's pretty good. And I know A and M has a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he came he came to Loveock a few years ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I'm a Red Raider.
Speaker 4: He came to Loveck a few years ago and threw it around the yard kind of pretty pretty decently. But you know, look, I'll tell you what we're gonna deal with a and m here in a few.
Speaker 5: Weeks if they make it, because because.
Speaker 4: Red Raider is going to bring this home for the Big twelve. Just just saying, don't you're not worried, don't worry, don't worry about this, and we're gonna and we're gonna take it to Ohio State. I know that what's your temperature on those guys?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 5: Is that? Friend?
Speaker 7: Foe?
Speaker 5: I mean, how what's the feeling there?
Speaker 1: What Ohio State?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's there's like i'd say, a core of about fifteen thousand rabid Ohio State fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, further north, you get, I mean in Cleveland, they're almost as popular as the Browns here.
Speaker 2: Uh, this is this is the Reds and Bengals country time.
Speaker 5: Not so much Buck guys, not so much Buck guys.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, fair enough, Like I said, yeah, you know, if that guy wants to leave for a and M let him and you know what, good good good luck, good luck, and we'll we'll well, it's exciting to never read about you again.
Speaker 1: All right, Jeremy, thanks so much, buddy, all right, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: That's right, he's a tech guy. I keep thinking he's an m Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well Texas, Texas. Who we're talking about. Oh, but I thought I thought he was guy. He's a Red Raider, I know, but I thought he was sores. He's looking at tech.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought it was an MF going to Okay. Uh with that, we're going to traffic and whatever. Okay from the U See Hell Traffic Center. You See Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreatic cancers and clinical trials that you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion call five one, three, five eight five u SECC got good news along two seventy five eastbound off Framptus forty two. Breakdown of a truck here is being cleaned up and the left shoulder is blacked, but hopefully this will be clear. And just a bit Bypass four at Highway one twenty nine in Butler County that has to be opened that had been shut down due to an accident, but the crews have cleaned that out of the way. On the freeways, we're looking at seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddock Staff and go southbound. Sir Charles of the Brent Spence Bridge is filling in and of course seventy five southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral has the work on going and lane shift in place, and then traffic is picking up on two seventy five eastbound through the road to work US fifty two to five mile with the right lane shut down. I'm rix shrapped. News Radio seven hundred w WELW the forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to night clouds and thirty five for tomorrow party cloudy. In forty eight it is thirty four our news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: The Reds Hot Stove League Pop failure to listen durn you a trip through Jeff Brandley's Big Red Spanking Machine tonight at six on seven hundred WLW, the home of the Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Land of Illusion Christmas Glow Experience, the Midwest's largest Christmas village at VETI and Rocky and Rock on Tuesdays around about this time. We always like to talk to this lady right here, queen, wear.
Speaker 2: Your Christmas outfit. I'm sure Christmas queen. Yes, the missus clause could try to say, if you will, let's.
Speaker 9: So so disappoint you guys, today. It's unbelievable. I'm not dressed in Christmas stuff?
Speaker 1: What when you were talking to the You're talking to the governor today.
Speaker 9: So I didn't think Christmas plaid was appropriate, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: So, yeah, I went up to Columbus interview comes still driving back from Columbus, got to get back and tend to do the news right, And yeah, so I'm not in Christmas pod today.
Speaker 9: I was yesterday and I would.
Speaker 11: Have been today, but I'm not well.
Speaker 2: And Eddie said, You're still dressed in your finest Christmas outfit. But nevertheless, Tanya, what were you doing in Columbus? Where is you were talking to the governor about what?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 10: Well, we talked about any number of things. We talked about what was going on Springfield, Ohio. We talked about what was going on in the state of Ohio. We talked about, you know, everything. Like you know, he does this every at the end of every year, he sort of offers up himself to I don't know, maybe select reporters, I'm not sure like to come and do like an year end or sort of interview with him. So we talked about all kinds of stuff. We talked about I asked him, you know, like you've got indoors, the vike Ramaswami, yet what's going on there? And he's like, I just need to have more conversations with him with vike Rumswami running for governor as a Republican of course, because I just need to have more conversations with him, and you know, talk to him because this job is, you know, it's a big job, and I want to make sure you know there's a lot of big learning curve to being governor, which I completely could understand that. And I said, well, then you know in the Act and worked for you, do you suspect she would make a good governor?
Speaker 9: And his response was I'll be endorsing a Republican.
Speaker 6: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: So we'll tell you about Let's let's talk about what's uh your Christmas planning situation here? What goes on in uh in a Rourke world? From now? What are we ten days out from less than ten days out from Christmas?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 9: Sundays?
Speaker 10: Right, So well, a lot has already been going on, guys. It has been like a Santa's workshop at my house. It's been insane.
Speaker 9: Last Saturday was Pretzel Day, in my house, which is this is not a big secret.
Speaker 10: I make pretzels every year. I've told you guys about In fact, are you both working next week? I'm off work and I can bring some into you.
Speaker 2: No, Friday, we're gone. We're going out Friday for Friday, so bring them in Friday.
Speaker 9: Well okay, oh you are working Friday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 9: Can I pop up and bring you some?
Speaker 10: Wonderful they're literally pretzel covered with caramel and chocolate.
Speaker 9: I know Dev has had them before.
Speaker 10: I've made them for I don't know thirty years, and it is just an absolute process. We make hundreds of these things, my sister and I and all of our kids and all that stuff, and it is a zoo.
Speaker 9: So that that is completed, check mark done. I've got to have you guys. Look, I'm gonna ask the question. I know the answer. Have you even done any shopping yet?
Speaker 2: How many more days until Christmas?
Speaker 1: Know's we got nine days?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 6: Nine?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really.
Speaker 1: Well. I told Rocky look, and I tried to buy deb something and then I just got a notification yesterday that it wasn't going to happen. So now I'm back to square one.
Speaker 10: You know why because you waited till yesterday, like it's not going to happen because it couldn't get here in time.
Speaker 11: Correct.
Speaker 1: No, I will tell you what it was. I mean, she grew up in Pittsburgh and she was a giant Lynn Swan fan when she was a kid.
Speaker 2: And I saw a thoughtful gift.
Speaker 1: Lynn Swan was on cameo. You know, if you don't know what cameo, wish you can order these from celebrities and they will have your birthday or Merry Christmas or whatever. And it was a couple of hundred bucks, but Lyn Swan would send a message to deb whatever. I asked him to say no within parameters, and so I tried to do that for our birthday and it didn't work.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: I saw he was offered again, so I tried to get it for it for Christmas and found out yesterday he's not doing them anymore. Well, they had already they had offered it, and then they told me they're not. He can't do it.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 9: Someone who knows Lyntzwan call him up, make it happen.
Speaker 2: Come on, I sure say, I don't know if he's doing that, great, we're fifty bucks. That's good money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just to say very Christmas, how are you thanks for being a fan all those years? End of story?
Speaker 9: Five bucks?
Speaker 3: You want me to call her up?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I already offered that, Toddy. Yes, I'd do it for ten.
Speaker 1: For two undred and fifty bucks, I could get everybody in Cincinnati media to do it and still save myself one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 9: Uh do it without anybody.
Speaker 1: But but hey, look it'll this is gonna every year. It takes care of itself. I'm just gonna I just go to the mall. I spend an hour and a half, two hours there. Boom boom, boom boom. Easy peasy.
Speaker 14: Yet for see so she can.
Speaker 7: See get back.
Speaker 2: That sound much confidence she has in your gift bind ability?
Speaker 9: Yet, hey, staying with you, buddy, staying with you. You need to like that woman is raising all those kids for you, those boys.
Speaker 15: You better do something.
Speaker 2: Nah, I have I've got her. I've I actually was did much better than I did last year. I've got her a few things. And uh yeah, so I think she's gonna be very very happy and very surprised. Tony.
Speaker 10: Okay, So one time, my now ex brother in law got my sister a vacuum for Christmas.
Speaker 9: Have you have you ever done something that dumb?
Speaker 2: Well, when you were like that, what if it's a really nice fact you like on the top the line ones, you know she'd appreciate that, apciate if I.
Speaker 10: Said to my husband like, hey, I am dying for this vacuum. Guys, it is it's I don't want to spend the money on it, but I really would love it. I would love a room, but no one's ever gonna get me a roomba. I've asked for a roomba a lot. No one's ever gonna get me one because they're like, we're not getting you that. Well, but I really want that, So I kind of understand if you really want it. But if it's just a huh, I'm trying to be.
Speaker 9: Thoughtful, what could my wife use and get a vacuum?
Speaker 2: So you're also saying these like these pots and pans I bought her are not good either, like.
Speaker 9: This broom, don't buy a scale scale even I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be that dumb.
Speaker 1: That's that's what now, see you Ruin my second gift, I was going to give deb a vacuum a maid's out for it from Frederick to Hollywood in some new scales on Everybody Wins Winter Winter.
Speaker 9: No, not everybody was in that day. And I'm you might find yourself a loser.
Speaker 12: I just think, you know.
Speaker 10: So, I've got a ton going on home, guys, I've got cooking going on. I've got present making. I make a lot of my presents. My niece has asked for a present that I make her, so I am going to be spending my weekend doing that.
Speaker 9: I I'm kind of a nut. I think you know this by now. Like I I make a lot of stuff that I just don't need to do.
Speaker 10: And I don't know why I feel the absolute need to like make it from scratch, make it myself.
Speaker 9: But you know that's my toxic trade.
Speaker 16: I guess.
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 9: But it's gonna be a it's gonna be a push down to the wire. We're gonna get it all done, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, Tanya, good luck with getting everything done, and don't worry about Rock and I will, uh you know, next time we chat. Nobody after the first of the year, no doubt. I'll probably talk to you during the holiday bring press. Oh that's right, we'll talk to you then uh but uh, yeah, well, we will give you a post Christmas report card on both of our wives in their thoughts.
Speaker 9: Yeah wait, I actually need to text them and ask them.
Speaker 2: That's probably a good idea.
Speaker 1: But you're my my you with you and my wife are friends, so fucking I can just see you going, okay, spill it well, Tanya. We will see you on Friday and look forward to these uh these legendary pretzels. You bet you bye, see you bye. There's a Tanyo Roark somewhere between here and Columbus finding out that Hell is real. That's right. She drives down the interstate.
Speaker 18: With that.
Speaker 1: We check in with traffic and weather. What's going on.
Speaker 13: From the U See Hell Traffic Center. You See Health's Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers and clinical trials you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now called five one, three, five eight five U see see See two seventy five eastbound comb sail bridge accident has a right lane block and we are looking at so downs behind it now in Clermont County, we've got Steve about thirty two between Harold and Bauer now shut down because of an accident. To avoid that area break down to seventy five eastbound off Rampton Hamilton Avenue has the right shoulder taking up now. Police are on the scene here and on seventy five we're looking at heavier pockets southbound between Western Avenue and the Brent Spence and seventy five North boumb Mitchell de Pandick is about a ten minute trip now and on seventy five cruise of cleaning up that accident southbound Union Center too to seventy five, that's about a five minute delay. My ricks Rent News Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to night clouds and thirty five for tomorrow partly cloudy. In forty eight. It is thirty four hour news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Willie is the.
Speaker 1: One person I know I can count on, my friend.
Speaker 2: I want you to know that I Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 3: Am here for you.
Speaker 19: It makes me feel good to be an American.
Speaker 20: Let me help ease your concerns, keep you informed, and raise your I rather have my arm gnawed off by beavers than Miss Willie's show.
Speaker 1: I'm here for you. All you have to do is listen to me the great America.
Speaker 19: I want to be a great American, just like.
Speaker 21: Willie Bill Cunningham. Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 19: This report is sponsored by Jake Swiney Automotive, serving the Tri State for over one hundred years.
Speaker 16: It's red Tag time at Jake Swinney Chevrolet. Together, let's drive and get zero percent APR. On twenty twenty six, Rockey on Facebook. All right, it was on Twitter as well. Right, Yes, a Christmas miracle has occurred, a truly mean, true Christmas miracle.
Speaker 2: So I think last wee or a couple of weeks ago, I told the story of Chase the Gecko. We've got Chase. I don't know, I'm saying the late summer. Maybe my middle of son Bronson, really wanted a gecko, and through my mother in law, found somebody had one. Geckos are not cheap, by the way, And this thing was actually pretty cool, like you know, it was a big about you know, like a little less than the size of your you know, cell phone, kind of of a pen basically, and he was pretty cool. He I would have thought he would like try to like get away all the time and stuff. But man, you get him out the cage and hold him in your hand or put on your arm, he would just kind of chill right there and you kind of pet him a little bit and he was cool, okay, And so uh went.
Speaker 6: On with him.
Speaker 2: And of course my wife ends up being the one that actually, you know, feeds him and takes care of him and spray bottles is aquarium and stuff. Well, about two weeks ago ed we also had another addition to the boyment household. We're like like, like you know, funny farm, all right, we have a we have a new cat, now named Coco. Her name is now been changed to Miss Kitty. It's so miss kitty.
Speaker 5: Change.
Speaker 2: That's just that's what we call her. That's actually what I call her. I call her Miss Kitty, and so everyone calls her miss Kitty now. So anyway, So woke up in the morning about ten eleven days ago, and I looked down at the aquarium in the door of the gecko aquarium is open, and I look inside the aquarium and there's no gecko. And I immediately look at Miss Kitty. I'm like, what have you done? What have you done to that poor What have you done to Chase?
Speaker 5: Miss?
Speaker 1: Miss kitty had her belly full.
Speaker 2: I thought that that is what I would have bet all money on. So, you know, we're looking around. Okay, maybe she chased him around. So we're when we're undoing all the cushions, looking in it, in the you know, the crevices of the chairs and all kinds of stuff. Can't find Chase. Day after day after day, about ten eleven days goes by. I come home last night and my wife says, you're not going to believe it, and she shows me a picture and it was Chase on the on the kitchen floor. So she walked in the kitchen and there he was, just sitting there right on the floor by the refrigerator. So he's back.
Speaker 1: So you had no idea where he went, no.
Speaker 2: Idea, And we didn't feed him. It's not he left the little bowl of crickets out for him or a bowl of water. So he was just I don't know, maybe finding random little spiders or something and the dog's water dish, or maybe he was getting some dog food. I don't know, but we did not see this thing. He's alive. Chase the gecko lives and how long he was going for?
Speaker 6: How long?
Speaker 2: Ten eleven days? Damn, I know, I would have bet. I thought even if she didn't, even if Miss Kitty didn't eat Chase, I thought, Okay, maybe she just mortally wounded him, mortally wounded him and he went off somewhere, and you know, his legs all gnawed off or something, and he just died in a corner somewhere, And we'll find him one day when we're moving some table or something like a little get go. Body's gonna stink a little little scalt. The only reason I didn't think that she ate ing is because you know, you'd you'd see some you know, remain remains or something like that, like you know, like a skelt, some bones in the U. Anyway, I never saw that, So okay, she just chasing wounded em and he went off in the house and died somewhere.
Speaker 1: No, he's very much alive. Chase live, Chase lives. Miss Kitty is exonerated.
Speaker 2: That's right. Miss Kitty has gotten a lot of favor though, in spite of possibly we thought killing Chase. She's a fan favorite in the Bloyment House.
Speaker 1: Right now, we'll talk about that in a little bit, say that's going on with the doggies. But right now we've got the news news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 22: Number of jobs created drops, but the reaction is positive from White House. This is the four o'clock report. I'm Matt Reeves breaking now sixty four thousand new jobs in November, which was a significant decline from the one hundred and nineteen thousand jobs added in sept the most recent month for which complete data is available. Unemployment rate across the country ticked up to four point six percent in November from four point four percent in September. The White House putting a positive spin on the numbers.
Speaker 23: The White House is touting what it calls a quote strong jobs report, saying President Trump is quote fixing the damage of the Biden administration. The November report, delayed by the government shutdown, show sixty four thousand jobs were added, but it also shows the unemployment rate has hit a four year high four point six percent. Vice President jd Vance, at an economy event in Pennsylvania, said, quote we are making progress and said there is more to be made. Karen travers, ABC News the White House.
Speaker 22: Well, the president's job approval rating is rebounding after a second term low. New polling from Decision Desk HQ finds a. Trump's approval rating is nearly forty five percent. That's a three and a half percent increase from last month. Approval rating peaked in November at fifty five and a half percent. The President, by the way, is going to address the nation from the White House tomorrow night at nine o'clock. No details yet on the topic. Now we check your drive home. We have the latest traffic and weather together from.
Speaker 13: The UC Health Traffic Center. The Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers, clinical trials you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now called five one three five eighty five U see see seeing the closure of State Route thirty two between Harold and Bauer in Claremont County. Watch for the cruise here if you can just avoid that area. Two seventy five eastbound at Combs Hill Bridge right lane block with an accident. Traffic is sewing southbound seventy five between Union Center and two seventy five accident. I'm the left shoulder. We're heavy on seventy five southbound Western Avenue to the Brent Spence. Northbound seventy five Mitchell to Patock is stopped and go volumes are picking up on southbound seventy five Ronald Regan Highway to Norwood lateral through the roadwork delays back to Shepherd Lane ten minute delaying on two seventy five easpot you west fifty two to two five mile road because of the roadwork. I'm Rich SHREMP News Radio seven hundred double do well w Now.
Speaker 24: The latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced dentistry, the thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck.
Speaker 21: We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 25: Thanks to clouds overhead in the window of the south overnight, we don't cool off a whole lot, dropping down to thirty two for your Wednesday morning, and then Wednesday some sunshine, but the warm up continues forty four degrees, melting away more snow. Heading into Thursday morning, we'll drop down to thirty three. From your severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning met roblyjus Mark Stitz News Radio seven hundred WLW and.
Speaker 2: We're at thirty six degrees right now.
Speaker 22: In Cincinnati, court date today for a twenty one year old man accused of murdering his childhood best friend of the Papa John on Eighth Street in West Price Hill. Murphy Tilke indicted for the murderer of Nawaf Althawadi on December ninth. Tilke's defense says it was a tragic accident. The two were working together at that Papa John's tilk was being held on a quarter million dollar bond. Court appearance for the son of Rob Reiner is on hold because he has not been medically cleared. Nick Reiner illisguedly killed his parents over the weekend, and an update on the case is expected any minute now from the LA District Attorney. All members of the US Senate were not see at all the new video that's out. Pete Tegseth is not going to share it with the public either. The full unedited video of the American military strike and a suspected drug boat That attack killed two survivors of the initial strike.
Speaker 26: The Defense Secretary now says only members of key congressional committees will be able to see September second strike footage.
Speaker 2: Of course, we're not going to release a top secret, full unedited video of that to the general public.
Speaker 26: Earlier this month, President Trump said he'd have no problem releasing the video if that's what Pete Hegseth wanted. Republican Senator Lindsay Grahm says he's more focused on another matter, the ousting of Venezuela's president.
Speaker 1: Is it the policy to take Maduro down?
Speaker 2: It should be, if it's not.
Speaker 26: Stephen Portnoy, ABC News Washington, seven.
Speaker 21: One hundred w LW Sports.
Speaker 1: Here's the Reds update.
Speaker 20: Brandon phillips Eron Harang, Reggie Sanders, and Loupannel have been selected as the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame class at twenty twenty six. The foreign ductees will be honored April twenty four through twenty sixth of next year. Get more tonight on the Hot Stove League at six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: High School Football.
Speaker 20: Evan Dwyer, the head football coach at Anderson, is the twenty twenty five winner of the Paul Brown Excellence and Coaching Award. College Basketball Tonight ten and o Miami RedHawks at Wright State, Florida State takes on dyon eleventh Rate and Louisville battles Umber twenty tennessee Bill Dennison seven out at WLLW Sport.
Speaker 22: Right up against the clothes on Wall Street. The Dow is down two hundred and forty points. S and P five hundred also down by seven. The NASADAC is up by one hundred and one. It's four o six. Our next news at four thirty Matt Reeves News Radio seven hundred WYLW.
Speaker 19: This report is sponsored by Jake Sweney Automotive, serving the Tri State for over one hundred years.
Speaker 21: It's red Tag time at Cheeke Swinney Chewman.
Speaker 1: All right back with Eddian, Rocky and Ron. Maybe you've heard it's the Christmas season.
Speaker 2: Yes, which is supposed to be the most wonderfull time of the year, but a lot of times it's the exact opposite. And I think from what we're hearing, social media can exacerbate your unhappiness.
Speaker 1: And here to discuss. We have talked to this gentleman a long time ago, and it's great to have him back. Doctor Dean becklith Becloth. He is a licensed professional counselor doc, welcome back to the program.
Speaker 5: Hey, it good to be back.
Speaker 1: Thank you, so doctor you heard us talking there. And you know, the holidays for people who and maybe on their own or have always been difficult, no doubt about it. But it would seem to be like Rogie said, that social media is just exacerbating that. I mean, and it's pretty obvious why I explain, Well, you.
Speaker 7: Know, and I hate it that social media seems to be the thing that we kick around for a lot of the problems, but it does it exacerbates it. However, you know, when you think about social media, there's some positive things about it too. I was thinking about the fact that, you know, I get to keep up with friends that I haven't seen, maybe even in years, but I kind of get a little sense of what's going on with them. But you know, Christmas time, people are posting all kinds of things. They're posting their family pictures and their food, and huh, maybe my home just doesn't quite measure up. And I certainly don't have any of those cool Christmas pjs to put on with everybody. So what about that? And so, you know, it's easy to get into comparison, and I don't measure up, and there's depression out there, especially around the holiday time, and to some extent, social media does play.
Speaker 5: A part of that too.
Speaker 7: We are not immune. We tend to think of it as a problem that teenagers have and young teens, and of course they do. When they see pictures of their of their friends posting pictures of parties that they didn't get invited to, that's not going to feel too good to them. But we are people too, we are even as adults, we can feel it as well.
Speaker 2: Now, doctors there a certain age group of this effects disproportioning more than others. Is it the thirty to forty crowd or is this more the you know, the older crowd. Where are we at?
Speaker 19: You know?
Speaker 7: I think it's a it's everybody, I do.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: The research is showing that people forty five and older are the ones who are maybe getting hit a little bit harder with it, but they're also struggling with some various things like they're getting older and health problems and all those kinds of things. And so then they look at these wonderful pictures that are staged now. But believe me, staging is important. One time I posted a picture of our tree, and it looked like it was growing out of my head. And I got a lot of feedback about that, so time type staging might be important. However, you know, these picture perfect looking combs for the holidays look really warm, but life, life is not picture perfect, as we all know, and life can be very beautiful and very messy. So we it's a whole ball of wax, and nobody's life looks like that picture perfect picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or Doctor Dean beslaf Deckloth as our guest, and so, Doc, it just would behoove you not to sit around and do it. But I think it's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy, isn't it. It's you sit around, you don't have anything to do, You kind you're on your own, so you just sit there and you're you're scrolling through Facebook or TikTok or whatever the case might be, and what you're seeing here and you're just doing it to yourself. Isn't that kind of the way depression works though, You kind of feed it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh yeah, And I hate to say that social media can't feed it. It just will by its nature. So you've hit on such an important point, but part of it is turn it off, take a break, get away from it. Really focus on yourself, your family, your traditions. They don't have to be instagram worthy to be meaningful. Have your own traditions. Keep the Christmas time. I know it's hard and you guys are dealing with it too, but as simple as possible, I said recently, they make a lot of cool paper plates. Get the paper plates out and maybe not the finest china. Cut yourself some slack and chill out. And comparing our life to the picture perfect pictures, that's not going to be helpful. I love being the pictures of my friends and family, but be careful about what we can do to ourselves negatively and I.
Speaker 2: Mean obviously, the better things is to do is to to find like real people to hang out with. Instead of looking at other people's lives, go enjoy your own life and find real, meaningful relationships and experience that correct.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, which is one of the things.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: We work in our counseling office with teens and adults and everybody in between. But we're working to get those teens to be with real people, not playing the video game with them online. But let's find some ways to get with people, and I think you just hit something absolutely important and beautiful.
Speaker 1: Got to be with real people, Doctor Dean Becklof as our guest and doc, speaking of that type of thing, just reading, I constantly read these articles about younger people who are taking classes on how to do make a phone call in a business situation, and that has to be a result of video games and social media.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, absolutely. But you know what, I hate to say it, but if the only thing we can do these days is actually teach those skills, we need to be doing it and empowering these young people to be able to do the things that we just sort of picked up naturally on our own because all we had was for me, it was a phone on the wall, and you actually did this thing called dialing it. You know, it had to start call and you put your finger in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you had your dad say get off the phone after you want it for three minutes talking to one of your buddies or your quote unquote girlfriend.
Speaker 17: There you go.
Speaker 1: With that, doctor Dean. I think it's worth recommending though, that if you do know some but especially an older person and at this time of year, reach out to him anytime you can and give him a little love of some nature, even if it's just a phone call or stop and buy for a cup of coffee or something.
Speaker 7: Huh you bet. Oh that's such a great idea. And isn't that part of what we would consider to be the holiday? The Christmas spirit is inviting other people.
Speaker 1: In all right? With that, doctor Dean, people want to find out more about what you do.
Speaker 7: Where can they go at our website www dot doctor Becklock dot com, d R B E C K L O f F dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, sir. All right, y'all take care and merry Christmas. Reaching out to him so but yeah, I mean it's just I that was talking to an older, uh neighbor of ours and it's pretty bad when you're older me. But and she lost there has been many years back and so it's like, you know, reach out to people like that. It does a little bit goes a long way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: With that, we check in with traffic and weather, what's going on going on?
Speaker 13: Well from the UC Health Traffic Center, U Sees Cancer Center offerers advanced surgical options and complex liver and pancreatic cancers clinical trials too. You won't find anywhere else get a second opinion, now call five to win three five eight five U see CEC traffic on two seventy five he spawned the comb Sale bridge moving better. The accident has cleared, but we still have about a forty minute delay as the traffic recovers from right around three mile road now State Route thirty two between Harold and Bauer. Accident has the right lane blocked, the left lane has reopen it again. Traffic moving through that area. Breakdown two seventy five East spawned off ramp to Hamilton Avenue has crews on the scene. Southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral about a ten minute drive. Two seventy five. Traffic is sawing between US fifty two and five mile because of the ongoing work, So bounce back to Kellogg and one ten minute tripon seventy five southbound hopfle to the Brench Spench in northound seventy five Mitchell to Panic. I'm rich Shramp News Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to night clouds and thirty five for tomorrow party cloudy. In forty eight it is thirty four hour news radio seven hundred WLW All right, mister Pennay, I'm going to show you some images, and you tell me.
Speaker 5: What do you see?
Speaker 2: Looks like a butterfly listening to the Scott's Loan show.
Speaker 21: In this one, I see a rocket ship.
Speaker 5: A rocket ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blessing up for the planet sloan. Meer see in this one that looks like a fish swimming in a mountain pond.
Speaker 5: Very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the fish is angry because he's not listening to Scott Sloan.
Speaker 21: Scott's Loan, please listen responsibly.
Speaker 22: Join me Scott Sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred Wlwe might.
Speaker 1: Be best for us to discuss some strong meditations. This report is sponsored by Woodhouse SPA. Ask about their holiday bonus card.
Speaker 27: Guys, if you want to give that never misses, choose what House Spa Luxurious services and calming spaces create an experience she's going to hold on too long after the holidays. Plus earn a twenty five dollars holiday bonus card with every two hundred and fifty dollars gift card in spot or online whatousepas dot com.
Speaker 28: Rapid radios are instant push to talk walkie talkies offering national LTE.
Speaker 1: All right back with Eddie and Rocky Rock. A little while ago we were talking about the mysterious voyage of Chase the Get Go.
Speaker 2: That's right, I can't believe he's alive.
Speaker 1: And here with a similar situation. Hey, Ellie, is it el or Ellie.
Speaker 15: Ellie elle n whichever you would like?
Speaker 1: All right, well, hi Ellen and Madero, what do you have?
Speaker 7: I have two great stories.
Speaker 15: They're both about cats, and they're both about different cats, and they're in different houses in which I lived.
Speaker 29: The first one was years ago.
Speaker 15: I couldn't find the cat, couldn't find the cat. All of a sudden, I'm hearing this meow meow downstairs, but I couldn't find where the.
Speaker 7: Sound was from.
Speaker 15: Long story short, the cat had climbed on my then husband's workbench and then up into the ceiling and had gotten stuck behind a basement wall. So we had called fired the deeply department, and they had to come out, put a huge hole in the wall and reached in. And when that guy touched the cat, he like screamed and like flew back, and the cat came running out.
Speaker 7: But but, but the absolute best one was the condo I'm in now.
Speaker 15: I had a cat, was an indoor outdoor cat. For three weeks, I could not find this cat. I was beside myself.
Speaker 30: I was like, where is this cat?
Speaker 15: Where's this cat? And my son had put in my face or my lower level a like a top bottom one piece washirt and dryer set, and he put the vent out to the front of the house, but he hadn't put something in front of the hole yet. And okay, so three weeks and I knew that a cat could could climb all around. So I'm walking all over the house kittie.
Speaker 31: Freshes.
Speaker 7: That was the stupid name.
Speaker 15: I didn't name them, but the find us frishes like frishes vegetable soup. So so for three weeks I'm walked.
Speaker 7: Around fresh airs, fresh and fresh.
Speaker 15: Is nothing, nothing, nothing, And then so I just gave up. On a random Sunday morning. We're talking three weeks later, guys, twenty one days, I'm downstairs and all of a sudden, I hear this little meal and I jumped and I called my daughter like screaming, fresh.
Speaker 11: Air of the line behind the wall somewhere.
Speaker 29: I don't know where.
Speaker 15: So yeah, so out came three fire trucks, two police cars. I'm like, guys, I just need somebody to figure out where the cat is and you know, find them.
Speaker 29: So I read fire trucks on my street.
Speaker 15: Anyway, they had to take an entire w wall out of the basement, and when that cat found his spot to get out, he ran out like a bat out of hell, and it.
Speaker 13: And that wall like it all the.
Speaker 15: Insulation and stuff smelled like a zoo because he don't know how he made it. Twenty one day. Wow, behind the wall, behind the wall, he lost three pounds, was extremely The high rated butt ended up being fine. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: That's crazy? Now that is a true miracle. Three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's great.
Speaker 2: You gotta figure out you got like a mystery walls near how the cat keeps getting behind the wall. I was gonna figure out the reason for that.
Speaker 1: He's gonna talk to one ell there about we might want to review or housing situation here. If your cat can you know, constantly being pipe somewhere like inside of walls like shawshank or something.
Speaker 18: With with that.
Speaker 1: We took in with the news news radios of one hundred w LW.
Speaker 18: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W Cincinnati.
Speaker 32: The son of a notable director and actor, now formerly charged with the four thirty report. I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now Los Angeles District Attorney Nick Hawkman this hour announcing that thirty two year old Nick Reiner, the son of Rob and Michelle Reiner, is being charged with two counts of first degree murder.
Speaker 33: These charges carry a maximum sentence of life in prison without the possibility prool.
Speaker 32: Reiner Monday was being held without fond on suspicion of murder after his father, Rob Ryder, the well known actor and director, and his mother, Michelle, were both found dead from stab wound Sunday. ABC News reporting that Rob and Nick had gotten into an argue. I'm joining a party that was being held at Conan o'briyen's home Saturday. Now the latest traffic in Weather together.
Speaker 13: From the UC Health Traffic Center. UCA's Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers and clinical trials that you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now called five one, three, five eight five U seecc well on two seventy five east bound to the Combeshial Bridge. The accident has cleared traffic, though is still delayed back to three mile road because of the accident and State Route thirty two westbound Herald de Bauer has reopened partially. The leftling now open so traffic can get by two seventy five eastbound off amp to Hamilton. We've got the crash on the ramp on the right shoulder and crews are there and we're looking at two seventy five traffic sewing between US fifty two and five mile delays back to Kellogg because of the roadwork. Southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood LADDL has delays to Shepherd about a ten minute trip, and seventy five north bomb Mitchell the Paddock an extra fifteen minutes. I'm Rick SHREMP news Radio seven hundred World.
Speaker 18: Ladies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on News Radio seven hundred wl jevid.
Speaker 25: We don't cool off a huge amount overnight thanks to clouds overhead and that windown of the south only dropping down to thirty two degrees and then for your Wednesday, We'll get a little bit of sunshine at times as the warm up continues forty four for a high, then as we head into Thursday morning, cooling off to thirty three. From your severe weather station. I'm nine first warning meter Rebligius Mark Stitz News Radio, seven hundred.
Speaker 32: WLW Claudie Skies and currently thirty six degrees. A man accused of fatally shooting a coworker at a pizza shop earlier this month appeeriod in court.
Speaker 28: He's been indicted for murder, but defense attorneys say the death of his childhood best friend was a tragic accident. Twenty one year old Murphy Tilk appeared before a judge in Hamilety County Tuesday morning on a hearing for the fatal shooting of twenty three year old at Nawaf Alfawati. He was killed the night of December ninth as the two were working a shift together at the Papa John's on West eighth Street. The prosecuting attorney stated the two were in the back room of the shop when witnesses heard gunfire. Al Thawati suffered a gunshot, wounded the eye, and dined at the scene. There is no video footage of what happened or how the gun went off. Tilk was ordered held on a quarter million dollars bond at ten percent. Ricky Uchino, Who's Radio seven hundred DOUBYLW.
Speaker 32: A Wayne's fill man facing charges after allegedly beating up another man in a vehicle, then shoving the victim out of a moving pickup truck on to Interstate seventy one and Sims Township. Sunday, thirty two year old Damon Williams allegedly used a blunt object taken from the bed of the pickup and hit the victim in the face. That victim falling over a guard rail when shoved out of the vehicle, suffering serious bruising to his eye in cheek with a laceration to his nose as Williams would speed off, leaving the victim in the cold and snow. Williams was arrested Monday, charged with felonious assault and he's now in the Hamilton County Jail in one.
Speaker 21: Hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 1: Here's the Reds update.
Speaker 20: Brandon Phillips, Eron Harang, Reggie Sanders, and Loupanel have been selected as the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame class at twenty twenty six. The foreign ductees will be honored April twenty four through twenty sixth of next year. Get more tonight on the Hot Stove League. It's six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW. High School Football. Evan Dwyer, the head football coach at Anderson, is the twenty twenty five winner of the Paul Brown Excellence and Coaching Award. College Basketball Tonight ten and O Miami RedHawks at Wright State, Florida State takes on Dyon eleventh rate and Louisville Battles Number twenty Tennessee Bill Dennison seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 32: Sports final numbers on Wall Street today the Dell dropping three hundred two points, but the NASTAG up fifty four and the SMP down sixteen are an Next update is at five o'clock. I'm Sean Gaalbager News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: News Radio seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio Station Guarantee Human seven hundred WLWHI Hard Rady, Oh, this Christmas.
Speaker 1: Give the gifts she'll remember forever, the kind of magic you'll only find at Genesis Diamonds Engagement rings Diamond bracelets, eternity bands, earrings, pendants, and everything else on her wish list.
Speaker 34: This December at Genesis, you can get the holiday jewelry she wants for zero down and no interest for five years, so you can go big without going broke. Right now, our non commissioned experts are ready to help you find the headliner gift from a few hundred dollars to a few hundred thousand dollars. Elegant pendants, dazzling eternity bands, stylish wedding vans, and an incredible selection of diamond classic.
Speaker 1: Jewelry, zero down, zero interest for five years.
Speaker 34: And don't forget to browse the largest selection of luxury pre owned Rolex watches. And if you love a deal, you must visit our all new holiday sale price Vault with case after case of expertly curated Christmas gifts we're offering at half price fifty percent savings, our deepest discount ever. Genesis Diamonds on Montgomery Road, Sea Store for details them.
Speaker 35: In play sports all my life, uh, little football, basketball, tickleball, cross training, mud events, you know, Spartan races and things like that.
Speaker 34: For doctor Eric Williams, a successful chiropractor staying active means everything. So when nagging knee pain slowed him down, he didn't want drugs or invasive surgery. He found a natural way to get lasting relief QC Kinetics cellular therapies.
Speaker 35: We're using my body's natural abilities to get better, and that's huge in time, that's going to be the way of the future, you know, using your own body's ability to heal.
Speaker 1: Now I can play day to day and not have that severe pain. Now he's back out there doing what he loves. Thanks to QC Kinetics, life is good.
Speaker 5: You're not going to slow me down, leave the.
Speaker 34: Pain behind, and get moving. Book your free consultation today with QC Kinetics.
Speaker 3: Call QC Kinetics five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen. Five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen.
Speaker 36: Rick Fair for Richtor and Phillips since n I's hometown jewelers since eighteen ninety six. Looking for a diamond upgrading, Ricktor and Phillips has greater Cincinnati's most aggressively priced in stock selection, as well as the industry's best guarantees. Richtor and Phillips six and Maine Downtown.
Speaker 21: Oh, we're going to be so late for the concert. We should be there by now.
Speaker 26: Just need to make a little detour and stop for gas real quick.
Speaker 21: I know what she plays down the road.
Speaker 2: Uh, and it is just incredibly awful and sad and just yeah, you know, just terrible.
Speaker 1: I haven't read it, but I can imagine. Yeah, uh what what a waste man?
Speaker 2: Just drugs man. It's it's they're never a good idea, never never ends up, never ends up. Well, so.
Speaker 1: I don't. We were talking earlier rock about here your found the gecko. Yeah, and then we talked to our friend Eli there about her cats who kept.
Speaker 2: Like two cats have found bound to get behind the wall the house somehow got trapped inside the walls of her house a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Well, I was talking about it. I've found this story. This dog, who disappeared from its home in California in twenty twenty one was miraculously found tied to a fence at a animal shelter in Michigan. Wow, just a couple of weeks ago. This lady's wire haired dosund named Chaco, vanished from their Sacramento home in twenty twenty one. Since then, she and her husband had two kids, but she said she was still thinking about Choco all that time. When you have a pet disappear, everything racist through your mind. Is he alive? Is he okay? Is he being treated well? If I lived in California, I would think that a coyote ate him. Yeah, totally, especially a docson. I mean, those little bitty things. What are you gonna do? Then, in early December, this lady received a text from a microchip company claiming that Chaco had been found in a town called Lincoln. Called Lincoln, she assumed that it was in Lincoln, California. That's thirty miles north of where she lives. Oh no, when that five years Chaco had somehow found his way to Lincoln, Michigan, twenty three hundred miles twenty three hundred from his home. Blah blah blah. The animal control officer stepped into helpis for donations to ship Chaco back to where he came from. It doesn't say how the dog ended up tied to the fence, but yeah, Chaco has been found.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway out there, if you've had ever had a pet go missing that you found like many many weeks months later, Yeah, call the show five one three, seven, for nine and seven thousand. I told you about the our dog, which one was it? Chief? And he same with two disappeared like for two weeks like he was he was old, Like okay, he must have wandered off and died. And somebody in Lawrenceburg calls us and says, hey, we think you of your dog. Right, where are you at? Like you We're in Lawrenceburg. And this is when we lived in Ross like Okana. How in the living heck did he get all the way over there?
Speaker 5: It's wild?
Speaker 1: Well, we're getting some calls now five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. Let's get to Mike and Hamilton right quick, Hey Mike, what do.
Speaker 11: You got hey guys?
Speaker 37: Yeah, So, going back about ninety four, I had this cat. His name was Honda, named the matter my motorcycle. But uh, anyway, he came up missing one day and uh, myself and all my neighbors at the apartment complex I lived that, we're all out side looking for him. And uh anyway, long story short. I borrowed this couch from my mom. You know, a single bachelor, didn't have any money, so I was taking any furniture I could get I'd taken this couch back to my mom's and uh. She called me about an hour later and she's like, you're not going to guess who's walking down the hallway at my house. She's like, get your cat, Honda. So what it happened is that the cat had gotten underneath the couch, like inside the springs of the couch, and he had made that ride all the way to Milford, and man, we had that couch flipped upside down on its end in the bed of a pickup truck about ten miles away, and somehow he made the ride and managed unscathed.
Speaker 2: Animals are resilience, man. That's you know, whether it's you know, there's that or chase the gecko again? Like how the heck at lived at our house for ten plus days, no food, no water, no nothing.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Joel and Bethel. Hey, Joel, what do you have?
Speaker 38: Yeah, real quick. When my daughter was born, my in laws came down to visit. There was about two hours away, and their parents have an old farm and there's all these old farm cats that are all orange and they looked sort of sickly, and they came down and when they were leaving I noticed this kind of sickly looking orange cat that I'd never seen before, and I'm like, I think that's one of those cats from your guys's farm. But they're like, oh, no way, no way. Well, we went up north to visit them at the farm and I had to scare a cat out from like the engine compartment on my car. So I bet the house that that cat rode in the engine compartment for about two hours all the way down south to Creamont County.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 38: And I know real quick about about cats. I had two mice growing up, and one day there's a bad storm, so we let the outdoor cat come in the house and the power went out.
Speaker 7: Well, that cat went.
Speaker 38: Right to my room, knocked the mouse's cage over at one of my pet mice.
Speaker 1: Well that didn't take long. Uh, thanks, thanks Joel. How about Kyle? Right quick? Hey Kyle, what's going on in cold rain?
Speaker 13: Tom?
Speaker 2: Oh Tom?
Speaker 29: I'm a cole Rain is the Tom?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, go ahead, Kyle.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I've been a letter carrier for about thirty years and this lady came out one time I was on my route and she says, time, I'm missing my dog. So I said, okay, am I finding you. I'll get it back to you and I'll carry my route. And I found her dog put in my mail truck and I said it in her backyard. Well, day or two went by, and I forget the lady's man said, hey, missus so and so, and how's your dog?
Speaker 29: And she said, oh, A dog's fine, but it's not my dog's dog. And I knew every dog in the nameighborhood and it looked just like her dog. But yeah, that's a true story.
Speaker 17: And I'm a I don't really do many good details for that one.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: He went home thinking, No, I just say the day lady thinks I'm the greatest thing in the world. Thanks, that's not my dog. Yeah, well, hey, try to do a good deed. What happens your dog?
Speaker 39: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: With that, we check in with traffic on weather. What's going on on close? But noosa goal from the from the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You See Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers, clinical trials you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now call five one, three, five eight five U See See see well seventy five northbound after Butler Regional Highways a crash that's about a half hours delay. Now we're looking at so downs back to Tyler's Wild Road and on State Route thirty two between Harold and Bower. We still have that accident being cleaned up. Right lane is blocked, but it's an improving picture at Duck Creek breakdown reporting now with police there, and we're looking at heavier traffic. Seventy five southbound Hopple to the BRN Spencer is now about a ten minute trip. Northbound seventy five stop and go Mitchell to Paddock and seventy one north Dana Ronald Reagan Cross County Highways up to about a fifteen minute trip. We also have the sowdowns two seventy five with the Carrol Cropper Bridge because of the ongoing bridgework westbound delays back to the Petersburg exit. Southbound, we're selling back to US fifteen. In Indiana, my bricks Shrimp News Radio seven hundred double d WELW the.
Speaker 1: Forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to night clouds and thirty five for tomorrow party cloudy. In forty eight it is thirty four Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: Is it true Tom Brenneman names his pants and his favorite is called Percy?
Speaker 21: That is not true.
Speaker 18: Is it true that as a child Tom Breneman hit under the covers and listen to the radio and he's incredible hulk jammies. Well, that's one of those yes and those sort of things. It's a true Tom Brenneman bus these buns to start your right. That's true and I'm proud of it. Join me for the latest news traffic from Chuck Ingram, weather from Jennifer Ketchmark plenty of lass, and a whole lot more. Com Brenhaman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: This report is sponsored by Jake Sweeney Automotive, serving the Tri State for over one hundred years.
Speaker 21: It's red tag top.
Speaker 1: Lost animals and whatnot. Let's get to Mark in Kentucky. Hey, Mark, Wow, we lost Mark?
Speaker 2: Well here real quick. As I told the story of Chase, the gecko was found in our house, Scott on X writes, Rocky, if you're hearing the full story about Chase, my guess is he was under the fridge. My buddy had a snake. Whenever it escaped, it went for the warm coils under the fridge. Just an idea of where to look the next time, which will probably happen, especially if this kid deal was the door to the quarium.
Speaker 1: Again, well, that's it would make sense because if it was hiding, But would a hide from you like that? What it would hide under? I mean, it wouldn't stay warm, obviously, but would have come out at night and hunt bugs?
Speaker 2: And I bet I bet it would. I bet it would. It had to. That's the only And then, you know, as much as it was friendly, it's still very very tiny, and we're like, you know, there's two dogs, a cat, and five humans walking around the house. It's probably a little bit scared. So yeah, let's get to Amanda and Amelia right quick. Hey, Amanda, what's going on?
Speaker 40: Yeah, the guy that called earlier about the cat in the engine compartment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I had the same thing happen when I was a kid.
Speaker 40: We were going on vacation down the Alabama to my aunts, and we made it about two hours down into Kentucky and we stopped at a rest area and we looked over and there are two cats, or there's two cats there that looks like our two cats. And sure enough they had rode all the way down there in our car, got out at the restaurant.
Speaker 18: Wow.
Speaker 2: See, I've heard of cat's corona in compartment like in the winter. Yeah, and you start the car, but I've never heard about him like chilling in there and going along for the ride. That's wild.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 40: We had to wait for my grandparents to drive all the way down there to pick them up so that we could continue on with our trip.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, good on Grandma Graham. Yeah, thanks, Amanda, Grandma and grandpa. I got some good news and bad news. Good news you're gonna see us. Got news. You had to drive about eighteen hours to get this cat. You got it?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 1: I remember, shoot whenever the three four years ago when the raccoon got trapped in our garage. Yeah, and got up inside both of our engine blocks and eight all the white. Yeah, it was insane. I pulled up. Well, Deb's car was completely dead and and we never did see the damn thing. So apparently when we opened the you know, you walk out, you open garage door and walk to your car, you must have just started out of there, darted out of there, right when we uh did that. But I got in and drove about. I think I was coming to work. I forget, but I pulled backed out of the drive, out of the garage, started down the driveway, and all of a sudden, the car just went. It just stopped.
Speaker 2: Damn raccoon. It took out two vehicles, two vehicles.
Speaker 1: Big time a war.
Speaker 2: We should like deploy those things to go getting all the jeeps and the tanks and the planes and.
Speaker 1: Stuff and just do what you do, grimmlin ass things.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 1: So coming up, we're gonna be talking about Christmas gifts.
Speaker 2: Oh Christmas. Yeah, and then we'll go with your memorable gifts you got for sweather for a good reason or a bad reason, like a good gift or maybe a bad gift, or maybe that gift that you always wanted that you never got as.
Speaker 1: A kid, or that you didn't get when that you really wanted when you were but didn't get. Yeah, so I said, yeah, oh I'm selling. Yeah, But uh, I never did. I never I never went. I never wanted for anything.
Speaker 2: No, you just wanted your parents love.
Speaker 1: And that's all right, that's all the loof over your head, and yeah, that's all you a piece of bread and a glass of milk. I was good to go.
Speaker 14: They go.
Speaker 1: At least mom may have some money. No no, uh five, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. Now it's the news News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W sincent.
Speaker 22: Normal charges now against Rob Reiner's son. This is the five o'clock report. I'm Matt Reese breaking now the announcement made this past hour the LA District Attorney announcing the charges against Nick Reiner for allegedly murdering his parents.
Speaker 33: These charges will be two counts of first degree murder with a special circumstance of multiple murders. He also fasts a special allegation that he personally used a dangerous and deadly weapon, that being a knife.
Speaker 22: You have convicted. Nick Reiner could face life in prison. The bodies of his father, seventy eight year old Rob Reiner, his mother's seventy year old Michelle Reiner, discovered in their Los Angeles home on Sunday afternoon. Now, we check your drive home this afternoon, the latest traffic and weather together from the UC.
Speaker 13: Health Traffic Center and you See's Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers and clinical trials you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now, I'll call five one three, five eight five U see see see On seventy five northbound after but the regional Highway crash takes up three lanes. We've got about a fifteen minute delay, so it ouns back to Tylersville Road. Also on STEVEUL thirty two in Herald accident here with the cruise getting that taken care of, and we have the delays on seventy one northbound Data to RONDALWG and Cross County Highway, but a fifteen minute to trip here. Dana at Duck Creek is a breakdown and police are on the scene. Also we're watching sow downs on seventy five southbound Rondeberg And Highway to Norwood Lateral, about a fifteen minute drive now and delays to Shepherd. I'm Rick Shrepp News Radio seven hundred double do weld w.
Speaker 24: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center. Advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you no fear dentist dot com.
Speaker 25: Thanks to clouds overhead in the window of the south overnight, we don't cool off a whole lot, dropping down to thirty two for your Wednesday morning, and then Wednesday some sunshine, but the warm up continues forty four degrees, melting away more snow heading into Thursday morning. We'll drop down at the three from your severe weather station. I'm nine first warning met Rebigius Mark Stitz News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 22: Thirty six degrees in Cincinnati. This news brought to you by the Low T Center. A twenty one year old man in court today accused of murdering his childhood best friend at the Papa John's on Eighth Street in West Price Hill where they worked. Murphy tilt indicted for the murder of nawoff Allthwatei on December ninth. Tilke's defense says it was a tragic accident. Man hunt continues for the suspect in a shooting at Brown University left a couple of people dead several others injured. The FBI now offering a fifty thousand dollars reward for information leading to an arrest. The suspect expected to be armed and dangerous and the least in providence expected to provide another update on the case just moments from now. It's common for women of menopausal age to suffer from stress caused by a low sex drive.
Speaker 2: Now there is a pill to help.
Speaker 31: ABC News Chief medical Correspondent doctor Tera Nirula says, sometimes it's difficult for women of a certain age to discuss low libido, even if they're trying to change that.
Speaker 23: We want women in that phase of life to feel comfortable talking about the many symptoms they may develop, and also specifically sexual health.
Speaker 31: The FDA has now expanded its recommendation on who can take sprout pharmaceuticals drug ADGY, which decreases the stress caused by a low sex drive. It used to be just for pre menopausal women. Now it has the ok for all women under the age of sixty five. Cheery preston ABC news.
Speaker 22: Latest jobs report, number of those unemployed rose slightly to four point six percent in September, while one hundred and five thousand jobs were lost in October, sixty four thousand jobs were added in November. Closing bell, the Dow fell three hundred and two points s and p five hundred dropped sixteen Nasdaq Rose fifty.
Speaker 21: Four seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 1: Here's a Red Zubdeate.
Speaker 20: Brandon phillips Eron Harang, Reggie Sanders, and Loupannel have been selected as the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame class at twenty twenty six. The foreign ductees will be honored April twenty fourth through twenty six of next year. Get more Tonight on the Hot Stove League gets six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: High school football.
Speaker 20: Evan Dwyer, the head football coach at Anderson, is the twenty twenty five winner of the Paul Brown Excellence and Coaching Award. College Basketball Tonight ten and o Miami RedHawks at Wright State, Florida State takes on Dayton eleventh rate in Louisville Battles Number twenty Tennessee Bill Dennison seven hundred w WELW Sports.
Speaker 2: And your next update of five thirty Matt Reeves News Radio, seven hundred.
Speaker 15: W l W.
Speaker 26: This report is sponsored by the Ohio Department of Transportation.
Speaker 21: What do we do to be safe?
Speaker 1: Talking about Christmas? Gifts? Good, bad, ugly? What'd you get you like? What'd you get you hated.
Speaker 2: I remember as a kid, I wont there was. It was like a hot toy and I was probably seven years old. It was like it was a hovercraft, a remote control hovercraft, and you hit a button and I get it's a ballooner and it was.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, just like hovered across the floor. Yeah, for sure, I was getting it.
Speaker 2: Get it. I remember haunted this day.
Speaker 1: It was probably something in the back of a comic book that had advertised it was a hovercraft that you could actually ride in, and it was one of those things. I used to want to get that stuff all the time. My mom's like, you're not getting a hovercraft from the They had like submarines and a real submarine right for like twelve dollars or something.
Speaker 2: Cut off the UPC symbol of ten comics.
Speaker 1: Uh, your your story is five three, seven, four nine, seven thousand and eight hundred, the big one talking about Christmas gifts. Here and Jim, you're first up there in Amelia.
Speaker 4: What do you have?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 6: Thanks guys.
Speaker 14: This is in the Sabini's the course and me and my two brothers were a year apart, sort of like Rocky's family, and we all wanted that Evil can eevil stunt set and my dad said, well, all you guys can get one and then you're gonna share it. And we did get it for a couple of hours and it was my turn. We put it down the driveway and it was my turn to catch it down the driveways and one of my brothers wound it up and Evil Cane went down the driveway, went between my legs and got run over by a pickup.
Speaker 16: That was that was it.
Speaker 14: My dad goes, well, there you go, there's the Evil Caniel, Thanks guys and.
Speaker 1: That and that was that, right, dude.
Speaker 2: That was well, din't go go.
Speaker 1: Smash five three the big one. There was one one. I think that was one of those where unintended consequences that I don't think my parents really realized what they this thing was going to be used for, because I didn't figure it out until I got it.
Speaker 5: But it was.
Speaker 2: It was a gun that just that shot air. That was it pillow that out of it or anything not until I got my hands on it. Yeah, of course docked it out.
Speaker 1: It was kind of it. It was about I don't know, ten inches in diameters say, and then it came to a had a funnel point on it, so and it had like a diaphragm in it right like a bellows, like a bellows, and it would pull back real big and they're like boom. So you just shoot a puff of air out of it. Well, with the help of my bigger my older brother, we used to have a dartboard in our bedroom. So I was like, how cool would this be to shoot darts out of this? And we did.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's bold for not very long because as soon as my mom saw that the guns going at the tra here two kids with combined two eyes, Yeah, I had the dort stick it out of the other one's head. So your your gifts?
Speaker 41: What do we have?
Speaker 1: Let's get to Matt. What's going on there? What's going on over sales man?
Speaker 5: Well, I've been waiting for this call for a while, been dealing with this.
Speaker 42: Uh, this kept hanging over. It's been a long time story for the last twenty years of Christmas. But when the George Forman grills first came out, they had the indoor outdoor and kind of shopping out with my mom and helping pick things up and sitting there at Sears and sawid nice little grill and you know, it'd be great for my patio outside of my apartment.
Speaker 6: I like the grill out.
Speaker 42: You don't have a lot of people open, don't have a lot of people over. And so come Christmas Eve, sitting in my mom's house, nice big box, open it up, it's a turkey frar. No, she says, hey, you could use that turkey fry and we have people over. I said, yeah, mom, I said to George, forman grill, and I don't have.
Speaker 6: A lot of people over.
Speaker 29: I took the cook outside.
Speaker 17: That was great.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I'll see what I can do with this.
Speaker 42: So now every year Christmas there's a box.
Speaker 7: Open it up.
Speaker 42: Somebody says, I wonder if it's a turkey friar. Yeah, so great class. So so now now now I have a turkey friar.
Speaker 6: It's great.
Speaker 42: But yeah, it's just one of those things you're you're hoping for one thing and you open it up. It's you don't want to be mean, you don't want to be mad. You know, it's kind of grateful you got something, but it's like, Okay, all.
Speaker 2: The best intentions were there, but just was not the right thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you just want to that's turkey fry is not all that great for entertaining just a couple of people, you know, George Browman grill you can toss a couple of burgers or something on there, Turkey Friari.
Speaker 2: Those came out like kind of like right, I feel like right as I was going to college, you know, or they released hot then and oh yeah, those are the I mean, I bet you're one out of every two people had one of those. Three people oh for sure, I mean one families had one of those. Everybody had those.
Speaker 1: It was the most pop thing in the world. Let's let's talk to Bob in North Carolina, right quick. Hey Bob, what do you have?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: Eddie a rocking nice to talk to you.
Speaker 12: Originally from Cincinnati, just moved down to North Carolina three years ago.
Speaker 41: But those things were called the Whamo Blasters.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, Bob.
Speaker 12: Yes it was because yeah nineteen sixty four, buddy, I had one and if you go on eBay, now, oh my goodness, I bet they're oh hecke three hundred bucks apiece now wow.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we paid what I don't know, nine ninety.
Speaker 1: Remember remember I got it for Christmas? So yeah, that was probably about the size of it. Probably about ten bucks.
Speaker 37: Yes, sir, but I just wanted to let you guys know, and always a privileged to talk to Cincinnati, Ohio.
Speaker 5: And thanks for take my call.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for checking in, Bob. Appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Here's a nineteen seventy Wammo air blaster box target with pump turned thirty bucks.
Speaker 23: Damn.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean there's a few different versions of this, but I bet the old school one like you had was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I wasn't very old. I was probably I could have been older in nine or ten tops, so it'd been mid sixties. Let's talk to Greg, Greg and Crittendon. What's going on, Buddy, hay youn fels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, trying to make this quick.
Speaker 43: I was the youngest of nine, had an older brother that was four years older than me.
Speaker 11: I was six, he was ten.
Speaker 17: I had two other.
Speaker 43: Twin brothers that were fourteen, and my mom always left us presence unwrapped under the tree to keep us occupied. So they got up, so we always had one present unwrapped and we are all, you know, pretty much always knew whose was what. Well, we come running down the steps and I don't know if you remember these or not. Eddie but I think they were called Tommy machine guns.
Speaker 5: They were little machine.
Speaker 11: Guns that sit on a tripod and they rattled off in the noise, and.
Speaker 43: They ruled they had a red light on the end of them. Well, the twin brothers thought that those were those. Of course we all wanted them, and they wouldn't let us touch them.
Speaker 11: They they kept on.
Speaker 43: Them till Mom and Dad got out of bed and and uh my mom comes down the steps.
Speaker 11: And she looks at me and sees on the what David and Dennis doing playing.
Speaker 29: With ur and Darryl's.
Speaker 11: Rifles the machine guns. And we just looked at each other and said, okay, guys, see yeah, yeah, they were pretty adamant about letting us try them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks buddy. That's I had something I remember. I don't think. I don't remember it was that or not, but I had them some kind of machine gun thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it just like a like a toy gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a toy gun.
Speaker 2: Oh, I saw I had when I was a kid. It was a toy guns, but it shot plastic bullets, you know, But it was a machine gun. Angle so that I know because my oldest son has one. I mean, they have the ones they have now it's they shoot these jel pellets. You get like it would be a little pack like the size of like a call it like a little bit bigger of a like a sugar packet, and you dump it in the things, you add water to it, and the next morning it's like a you know, like a tupperware sized bowl of like gel pellets that are about I don't know the size of a that's an eraser, right, you know, load them up in uh in your guns, a little jel blaster and they're sweet.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to uh Dave. Dave, what's going on, buddy?
Speaker 15: What do you have?
Speaker 41: Well that what you were just talking about was called FORBIS. Yes, he was talking about adding water to and all that.
Speaker 5: But what I was talking of, what my thing was. Do you remember the little.
Speaker 41: Were notifications in the back of magazines for like X ray glasses, hand buzzers, stink bomb was all that kind of stuff. I was so disappointed when my X ray glasses.
Speaker 5: It wasn't what they lived up to be.
Speaker 1: So you did get some of those, Dave, because I'm.
Speaker 41: Yeah, I mean those in the back of I think like boy Scout magazines or something like that, and there was always what you dreamed about order and if the square always in the back of a magazine, kind of last couple of pages, and it was like all kinds of different stuff like yeah, yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Live up to the hype.
Speaker 1: Huh I got well they gas Yeah, well, Dave, and Dave knows what I'm talking because I used to always see mine in the back of comic books, because that was a big comic book.
Speaker 5: Comic books.
Speaker 41: I just remember being in the back on the lat.
Speaker 1: But if you remember Dave those ads and you'd see this guy wearing the X ray glasses and there'd be some girl walking down the street like covering herself with you know, she had her clothes on, but she'd be like and the guy's like, oh God.
Speaker 41: Then sulfur bombs were fun too. You could really clear out a dance club real quick with one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and thanks Dave. And also sea monkeys. Don't forget sea monkeys.
Speaker 2: I remember those right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically it was I think I read that they were like dehydrated shrimp or something and you got them in water and they came back to life. I don't know what that works.
Speaker 7: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk to David or it's Larry and Milford. My bad Larry, what's going on?
Speaker 17: By good afternoon, man.
Speaker 44: I got a little different approach for you.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 44: The first Christmas I spent my wife and I spent together in our house. The very first Christmas when we were living together, I bought a Lady Bug bracelet that I was one thousand percent sure she was gonna love.
Speaker 29: And I held it back, so I waited for everything to be.
Speaker 11: Done, and I was like, well, we got one more.
Speaker 44: Uh, And I gave it to her, and I'm just sitting there waiting for the gatorade path And.
Speaker 29: When I had just got.
Speaker 17: She opens it up, looks at me and says, oh my.
Speaker 44: Gosh, honey, and this is nice. If I was seven, yeah, last time I saw a jewelry and my friends, that was it.
Speaker 26: That was it.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's well. And that reminds me the story I've told her before we were somewhere we weren't even married yet, me and me and my now wife and uh, Eddie's like adult onesies and my wife was like, oh man, those are cool or something, and then some I'm like, you know, mental note. So for Christmas, yeah, I got this thing and it was like Leopard or something. And she opens it up and I'm like, yeah, she's gonna think this is awesome running around the house and that, and she goes, I hate it, like it was dying, laughing like I'm never gonna wear that. Like really he said, you like this, He's like, not enough to like one one you to wear it.
Speaker 15: I liked it as that.
Speaker 21: I thought it was funny.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Gary, Gary and Columbus, Indiana. What's up Gary?
Speaker 6: Hey, Hey Eddie Rocky uh ed me and you are. We're about the same age and I'm a retired FedEx courier. And when you do that kind of work, Christmas kind of takes on a different meaning. I mean, it's hard not to be a screwge, you know. Every year, like you come in after a really long day.
Speaker 30: The girls in the front office they would ask me us, well, what do you get in your wife, you know, for Christmas?
Speaker 14: And every year I'd add a couple of strange things.
Speaker 30: I'd usually say, well, I'm getting us some Channel five perfume, a cell phone holder, a Lily Nelson chia pet, and a clapper.
Speaker 7: Clap off the clapper, I think they believed me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh man, that's great dry thanks buddy.
Speaker 2: The chia pet that was like that was a huge thingia.
Speaker 26: Oh man.
Speaker 1: I think I wanted one of those one as a kid, but for some reason I didn't get one. Or I might have gotten one and killed it or something.
Speaker 5: I forget.
Speaker 2: I never got one, but I remember this commercial was being like, yeah, man, that's pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Chris and Finneytown right quick. Hey Chris, what's going on?
Speaker 19: Hey?
Speaker 39: Yeah, I was a devious little kid back around Christmas when I guess was back in the sixties when I was pretty little, and one Christmas, I really wanted slot cars. Remember those ones that are about the size of your hand, the real big ones. They the brushes on the bottom you could skid him around the turns and stuff with the big black track. Well, I told my parents, said I want slot car for Christmas, and I to try to sneak out. I wait till my parents would go to sleep, and I'd go out to the old Plymouth satellite out in the driveway and I'd get my mom's car keys and I'd open the trunk where she'd hide the presents, and she got me a train set, an ho train set, and I was like, So the next day I was just dropping these big hints.
Speaker 7: To my mom.
Speaker 39: I was like, you know, mom, I really really love slock cars. I don't like trains, I really love slock cars. And she returned the present before Christmas and I ended up getting slock cars. But yeah, I used to wait till my mom would fall asleep on the couch and I'd sneak in her person very carefully pull the keys out without jingling the keys, and then go out and open the trunk and see all the presents because she knew that I'd find them in the house, and so she kept them locked.
Speaker 5: In the car trunk.
Speaker 1: Oh well, that's uh. I remember that that trick quite well, Chris. And as a matter of fact, my parents had a Plymouth satellite as well. Very cool funny. I thought I ended up driving when was by. It was one of my I think I might have my first car in high school or something.
Speaker 2: Now what do those look like? I can't picture that. Just a big boat of a big boat of a car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was a sixty six, something like that, sixty seven, But I we my old man Widges he was like he was one of those guys. He was old school. He got a new car. He got a new car every three years, whether he needed it or not.
Speaker 2: I remember that was your dad's thing. I'm never used not driving someone else's miles. Yeah, I'm gonna sit there and argue with this guy for two three days. With that, we check with traffic and weather, what's going on from the.
Speaker 13: UC Health Traffic Center, UC's Cancer Center offer his advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers. Clinical tries you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now called five one, three, five eight five U see see see earlier. Your vehicle fire has now clear to seventy five. He spotted Alexandria Pike from the right lanes. Still have a bit of a delay from right around three mile Road in Kentucky. Now seventy five is so I should make your way southbound from Ronald Reagan Highway down to Norwood Letter. That's about a fifteen minute trip from Shepherd and on seventy five northbound, we're looking at Mitchell de Paddock, Sewing and southbound seventy five Hopple to the Brents bench bridge is also stop Ago Dana at Duck Creek Cruise working to get a disabled GC all out of the way the breakdown there has a cruise getting that taken care of. In seventy five southbound sheperd just getting warded for Hitskiff accident. My bricks Shrine News Radio seven hundred wd WELW the.
Speaker 1: Forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight clouds and thirty five for tomorrow party cloudy. In forty eight it is thirty four own news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: It's your hour long off season get together for everything. Read here from the players, here from the front office. Here from professional baseball announceris now, what is this? The Reds Hot Stove League Tonight at six on seven hundred w LW, the Home of the Red.
Speaker 19: This report is answered by Servati Cincinnati Chris Kindlemarket at the more Line Lagger House.
Speaker 8: Experience the Magic of Servadi Cincinnati Chris Kindle Market at the more Line Logger House, presented by the Banks at Cincinnati Parks Foundation.
Speaker 1: Enjoyed all right back with Eddie and Rocky just a little while longer. I got Hot Stove coming up tonight rock when we're out of right, yes, uh, but right now checking our crime blodder. Gavin Weisenberg of Allen, Texas and Tanner Tanner Tanner Thomas of Texas were indicted on a couple of weeks ago in US Districtcord for a bizarre plot to carry out a coup on Ganavi Island near Haiti. These guys weren't gonna you know, they're not doing ding dong ditch. They're gonna do a stage of coup.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The It's been reported that the man hatched their plan in twenty twenty four. Both were learning Haitian creole and Weisenberg joined the North Texas Fire Academy to learn command and control protocols. However, he did flunk out. In February of this year. He Thomas, the other guy, joined the US Air Force was station in Maryland. Both men planned to recruit homeless people from Washington from DC to assist in their coup.
Speaker 2: I mean this is pretty well thought out to some degree. I mean you're going to join the fire department to learn all the all the procedures and.
Speaker 1: Stuff after sailing to Well, their plan was after sailing to and getting control of the island. Weisenberg and Thomas planned to kill all the men and make the women and children sex slaves.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, So.
Speaker 1: How do you how these people were caught? I have no idea, but uh, they could face up to life in federal prison for their for their nefarious plot. But I want to know how you come up? Where do you what goes on in your little pea brain that you come up with a plot like that.
Speaker 21: I want to know.
Speaker 1: It has to be drugs, right, I mean that.
Speaker 2: Thing is somewhere that's a part of the situation, I would say.
Speaker 1: I mean it has to be. You have to be pretty damn high to think I have an idea.
Speaker 2: Take over a hole.
Speaker 1: We're going to take and kill everybody. Yeah, well except for the women and children. Yeah, well, all we got to do is kill all the men. So we have a we got to start.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot of rough ombres in Haiti and organized and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going to end up, right, That's what I'm saying. Rock and other eminal activity police in Auckland, New Zealand, were holding where they were because this happened a couple of weeks ago. I think it has to have taken care of itself. By now, we're holding a man accustomedly, presumably waiting for.
Speaker 5: Him to.
Speaker 1: Give back the nineteen thousand dollars fabroge egg pendit that he had swallowed. Wow, the I don't know, I got nothing. So of course they did an X ray on him, and there's the egg shape pendit in his belly. So they have and they do, as as always with these things, have a how would you be? You have to be pretty far down the cop totem pole. It was like, guess what.
Speaker 2: The toilet?
Speaker 1: Anytime that guy goes to the bathroom, you're with him. Like I said, this happened a couple of weeks ago, So I have to uh think that it's taking care of its help by now said. At that stage, the pendant had not been recovered. The aegis set with white diamonds and blue sapphires and has an eighteen carrot gold miniature octopus inside.
Speaker 2: Wow, I know those things are very ornate and intricate, you know, and small and very detailed. What was the whole genesis of those things? I got eggs, Yeah, a lot of royalty and gotta hurt. Got that's yeah, it's gotta hurt. In other news said, how about this uh headline? Former SEC star quarterback TJ. Finley looking for his seventh school in seven years.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I actually covered this kid. He was a quarterback from Georgia State. Last year he was at his then sixth school in six years. So former LSU, former Auburn, Then he was where was he at? He was at Texas State, and then he was at he was at Western Kentucky somewhere in there. He was at Tulane for a minute. That's six So yeah, he's looking for a seven school. What I mean?
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Finley played two seasons at Auburn, making six starts before entering yet again entering the Portal. This is after one year at LSU. This time he went up at Texas State, won the starting job, won eight and five, had a career, was going pretty good, but then prior to the twenty twenty four season, transferred to Western Kentucky, played in just three games, entered the Portal again, went to Tulane, but then left Tulane before the start of the season because of allegations of stealing a vehicle.
Speaker 15: Not good.
Speaker 2: Wound up at Georgia State or last year he threw for twelve hundred yards, six touchdowns, seven interceptions, and seven appearances went one and six. Again. I covered him Georgia State versus Vandy, and I remember talking about it like here we go again. Well now Finley is appealing to the NCAA for a seventh season and is back in the portal. Quote, the last two years have been the most challenging in my life. Balancing new fatherhood, injuries, and the adversity off the field has tested me in ways football never could. Through it all, my love for the game never left. Football is who I am. I still love competing, leading and playing at the highest level. Blah blah blahlah blah. So I hope that the college coaches all banned together and say, you know what, this is a moment where we can kind of put a stop to some of the madness here, right and keep this from happening and not set a precedence, and say, you know what, that's it, because I got news for this kid, and I've seen him play and he has a lot of great attributes and if you walk in here, you'll be like, God, that's a good looking quarterback. But if it had happen by now, it ain't going to happen. You ain't playing in the NFL. It's not happening.
Speaker 1: I mean, is that I guess that's his ultimate goal, right, Well, that or been around but crap, like you said, if it ain't happening to anything happening.
Speaker 2: Well that's the goal. But also it's you know, now that players are getting paid, he's you know, maybe he's making even though he's not great, he's making one hundred grand or something. So if you can keep doing that for a sixth, the seventh, and eighth year, that's a way of making money even if you don't make it to the NFL. But I just feel like, and that's the case, he's going to make the NC double A, which is what all of them make. Which is, hey, you're you're depriving my by not allowing me or granting me this extra year of eligibility. You're not allowing me to you know, profit for my name, image and likeness. You're denying my ability to make a living. That's the that's the heart string that they play on to be able to get an extra year, an extra year, an extra year.
Speaker 1: Well also they and that gives him a legal option as well, right I mean, if it's remember what I've lack of a better term, restraint of trade, right, if you're stopping them from making money.
Speaker 2: No, that's exactly what I'm saying that that's exactly exactly what happens. But I hope hopefully stronger heads prevail and coaches get together and say, you know what we're gonna We're gonna stop this right now.
Speaker 6: We can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, seventh year, that's that's getting a little ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's stupid, and it really is as far as I'm concerned, and I think you feel the same way. It's really affecting the game, and I think in my perception of the game for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean you're denying opportunities for people that are, you know, in college. You can't be in college your whole life, and I know people try to that aren't athletes. Just just live the college. And it's great. If I could write a check and go back to a weekend of college, what is the number i'd pay it? But at some point you got to be an adult. You gotta grow up, you gotta get a real job. And I just feel like it's it's it's just making a mockery of a system that is well intentioned.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Yeah, uh, you're just you're playing the system and that's that's a shame. But it's like you said, it's well intentioned, but who didn't see this coming?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 1: With that, we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on.