Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World Champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this absolutely stunning Saturday afternoon in southern California, Saturday, April eighteenth, twenty twenty six, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers fifteen and four to start this season. After a win over the Rockies last night in the series opener in Denver, the Dodgers have now won four in a row, six of their last seven, place atop the NLS, and tonight.
Speaker 4: The weather a little warmer in Denver. Shean on the mound.
Speaker 6: First pitch from Corsefield is coming up at five to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Moronggo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Max Muncie. He had a big night last night. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Kirsten Watson from Sports and net LA will stop by. Charlie Steiner will join us. Coming up at the bottom of the hour. David Vasse, our Dodger insider. He joins us. Of course throughout the hour he'll go one on one with the manager himself, Dave Roberts. That's coming up in twenty minutes, And in just a few minutes we will head out to the Galloping Ford Broadcast booth with Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: Last night, after the snow was removed, the cold chill was still in the air. It was thirty six degrees at first pitch. Tyler glasdah got the start for the good guys. It didn't seem bothered by the weather. Seven strong innings, allowed just one run on only two hits. He had a fantastic outing, striking out seven along the way, and he got some early run support to work on. Will Smith the sackfly in the first scoring show. Hey Hotani, Just like that, Dodgers put up a spot in the top of the first and grabbed a one nothing lead.
Speaker 4: Then in the second, Max Months he went deep.
Speaker 2: We're here in the Mountain time zone, so call it the Forgotten time zone. Only team in Major League Baseball in this time zone. Max swings crushes went deep right center field, headed back. This ball's gone. It's a home run for Monsey. The Dodgers lead it to nothing. Home run number five for Max. It is two hundred and fourteenth as a Dodger.
Speaker 7: We'll pass out the dark tinted glasses.
Speaker 6: Max Monsey with a solo home run and the second Dodgers a two to nothing lead. Months He had it again with an RBI double to right in the third. The Dodgers took a three nothing lead. In Andy Pajz a sack fly and the center would score Freddy Freeman. Dodgers up four to nothing through three innings. In the top of the fourth, Will Smith came up again an RBI single the left, scoring Tucker that made it a five to nothing Dodgers lead. Dodgers up five to one in the fifth when Max Munsey came back to plates bullpen.
Speaker 2: So far, this season hasn't been that bad for the Rockies. Typically it's been a weakness for them, but so far it's been okay. Bunseie swings hits a drive deep right field. Maxwell's swinging the silver hammer off the facing of the upper deck. He's got his second home run of the night.
Speaker 1: It is six to one.
Speaker 3: Oh what a'll.
Speaker 7: Last by Monsey.
Speaker 6: Max Munsey four hundred and nineteen feeds to right field at Chorus Field, an absolute bomb. He hit almost nine hundred feet of home run last night with the two blast, Dodgers up six to one. Freddie or Alex Frielan then a sack fly scoring Pajz that made it a seven to one Dodgers lead over the Rockies. They just smothered the Colorado pitching last night. Meanwhile, Tyler Glass now the seven innings, seven strikeouts, turned over to Jack Dryer, who put up zeros in the eighth and the ninth. Dodgers get the win seven to one. Tyler Glass now now two and oh to start this season. The Dodgers with the win now fifteen and four to start the year, the best start for the Dodgers since nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 4: How old are you back then? I minchean.
Speaker 6: He gets the ball in the second game of this four game series. Coming up from Chorus Field, first pitch at five to ten, and with more, let's head out to the galloping Ford Broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverritt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Ch A little different scenario than twenty four hours ago, as the Dodgers and the Rockies get set for Game two of this four game series. It's been sunny all day, barely a cloud in the sky. Temperature is much warmer, still a little chill in the air, but it's the Mile High City, so you can expect some different weather as the days go along. In fact, it'll be almost eighty degrees by the time the Dodgers leave here on Monday. But the Dodgers win last night. They are fifteen and four, off to their best starts since the nineteen seventy seven season. The Rockies seven and thirteen after last night's victory. Here tonight, Emmett she and will start. He's two and zero. He will take on Ryan Feldner, the right hander is one and one, and as far as the Dodgers go, oh, this is kind of a monumental time. You were part of it in seventy seven when they went fifteen and four to start the season. But a win tonight would tie the Dodgers with the nineteen twenty two Giants as the only reigning World Series champs to win sixteen of their first twenty games.
Speaker 7: Well, they've done so much in the right way in just about every compartment you can check mark on it, from offense, from defense, from the pitching standpoint, both the starters and the relievers from that pitching standpoint. But this is a ball club that's gotten off a very good start, including the fact not only by two and a half in front of San Diego in the Western Division, but they're also won four in a row eleven of last thirteen. But I think the bottom line two is we ask this question, the Dodgers have not really played exceptionally good teams, or at least teams that are playing exceptionally well to this particular point. Time is going to tell, and for the Dodger ball club, one thing about it. Just keep on trucking, because right now they've got the wheels on the right tracks.
Speaker 2: Dude, ten and zero against the National League as it stands right now, and looking for another win tonight, batting order to change a little bit. With Will Smith out tonight in Dalton, Rushing catching, Rushing all bat seventh, Andy pie Has, who leads Major League Baseball and batting average at four to twelve, He's got twenty one RBIs he moves into the number three spot in batting order.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he does. And this is planned. Dave Roberts is saying the last home stand. Look when we get to Denver and even on the road trip, you know Rushing is going to start two possibly three games and then kind of move it back and forth and try and keep Will Smith as fresh as possible. He's raring to go if called upon. But for Rushing, Hill bat in the number seven position, Freeland is eighth. He's at second base, and they had Miguel Rojas back in there at shortstop tonight.
Speaker 2: So with Rojas batting ninth. Rojas has had a very good start to the season. Three point fifty seven is his batting average. No home runs yet, but ten for twenty eight for Rojas, and we know what he.
Speaker 7: Can do with the glove. Yeah. And the other part, too, is when you look at the average from Gail Rojas, who would have found at this point he'd be ninth best in batting average, but that's exactly where he is and qualifying for that area. The Dodgors have had an easy time against the Rockies. Well, they have won sixteen at the last eighteen, but I think every game, in particular, when you play it up here, you're reminded that weird things can happen. And you're talking about well, things have warmed up a little bit today, but as the buses arrive here at the ballpark, you could still see big piles of snow that were stacked up from yesterday. And the fact that even got that game in yesterday was a compliment to the ground screw and the fact that these guys played in very cold temperature.
Speaker 2: Absolutely a fabulous job by those guys, and they got it ready. Field look spectacular here as we get ready for this one and at she in at two and all Ryan Feltner one and one. That's the pitching matchup Dodgers and Rockies Game two.
Speaker 6: Tim all right, first pitch coming up in a little less than an hour. As we cut you down, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on and Shakey's Pizza parlor. What are you doing for dinner tonight about Shaky's Pizza, some chickens, some Mojo's can order right now Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Maximundsey, David Veas goes one on one with the manager, Dave Roberts DV. Of course we'll check in throughout the hour. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. We'll break down this pitching matchup. But up next you're o Tani rewind and we'll visit with sports and at Las Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies on this beautiful Saturday afternoon here in Los Angeles. First pitch from Denver coming up at five ten.
Speaker 4: Thnks you being with us.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kason's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This this Morongo Casino Dodgers Anti game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Rockies from Coors Field in Denver, Colorado. Game two of this four game sent em She and Ryan Feltner the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 2: Is Sugana wines kicks and fires home to Otani swung online in the right field of base hit. That's gonna head toward the corner. Otani, Who's gonna head for two, speeding around first, on his way in a second and in with a pop up slide. It is a double for show. Hey O'tani his second two base hit of the season. In Otani has now been on base in forty nine straight games. And Sugano ready to throw this one home and Otani bangs it into right field. He's two for two to base hit. He'll stop it first and there are two on and two out for Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 6: Show, Hey O'tani two hits last night, a run scored. You heard the double show Hey, extending is on Bay Street to forty nine straight games dating back to August of last year.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 4: Kirston now joins us from Denver.
Speaker 6: Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. You can donate it today and can be picked up tomorrow. That easy donating now at Cars for Kids dot org. That's Cars with a K Denver, Colorado, the Mile High City.
Speaker 4: Yesterday it was snowing.
Speaker 6: Then it was beautiful but cold that night, and today it's a different weather there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I don't know if I would say it was beautiful last night. Yes how they got the snow off the field. That was absolutely breathtaking. Shout out to the groundscrew here, because it looked like it did not snow at all. Yesterday afternoon it was freezing though, tip So that's where that beautiful is a little catchy, because it was freezing down there. The way in which all of us were miserable. Even I was laughing when some of the guys just being like, you know, a few the people in this clubhouse have been saying when it comes to taskar Hernandez Max Monday, they were like, those two they will be the most miserable on that field. And I was laughing with Mac, like, I want a scale of one to ten. How much do you hate this right now? He was like, it wasn't great. It's not great, okay, but obviously the results were great for him, so he'll take that. But today totally different. Now, still chilly. I'm gonna be honest, I still have my layers on. Right now, we're at about like sixties, but they're saying, by the time we're at the end of this game, we could be down to like the forties, and then all of a sudden tomorrow we're gonna have like Sonny and seventy two. And we're going through all the seasons at this point. But it's better than yesterday. The sun is out, baseball is about to be played, and that is the beautiful thing about it too. But that's the only beautiful thing about this one.
Speaker 6: It's she and on the mountain tonight. He's had success against the Colorado Rockies in his young career. Last night, Tyler Glass now was absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 8: He was and you know what the big questions all when it comes to pictures and playing here, And that was the first time actually for Tyler in his career to be pitching here at Coors Field. There's always the assumption that the altitude is going to change the shape, and I shouldn't, even Sayssumption. It is the reality of it. The altitude can change the shape with the pitches. How you know, you're executing your pitches off the mound. But Tyler was saying that he felt, especially when he was playing catch ahead of the game. He said he felt like the velocity to his two seven four team was a little off, but he liked how the ball, his curve ball and slider, how the rest of his stuff was breaking and kept its shape. And he even shared with me that ahead of the or no, I'm sorry not ahad game, during the game, he was able to look up and see his metrics and ultimately he felt that, you know, yes, the altitude is a thing, but it wasn't impacting him as much as he had heard from other pictures or as much as he might have thought coming into this game, and he felt like that for him, he was just able to stay true to himself. So, as you mentioned, we do have emmet Sheian on the mound today, and while he has had success against Rockies, the hope is that he can kind of just keep the mindset that Tyler had last night of don't allow for all the other elements surrounding playing here. Of course you'll kind of get to you just kind of stay true to yourself and understand, like obviously with each outing, some pitches feel good, some don't, and kind of stick to what you've got see is coming off of for Emmett, He's coming off of his best outing so far of the regular season, and so it's really just hoping for him to be able to build on.
Speaker 1: Top of that.
Speaker 6: Hopefully the Dodgers can continue to stockpile wins. Game two of this four game series coming up here, so we appreciate it.
Speaker 4: We'll check in with you afterwards.
Speaker 6: Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup well. Here from Max Munsey, David vesegoes one on one with the manager Dave Roberts. But we also get you an injury report and here from Charlie Steiner. That's all coming up as we leads up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Saturday night.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim kase As.
Speaker 6: The back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue all.
Speaker 6: Season off, you know, Dodgers on Decade to us as we would lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Saturday afternoon Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Imm She and Ryan Feldner the pitching matchup first pitch coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Injury report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Ben Kisparius on the IL the right shoulder inflammation, Mookie Bets on the IL with the right obleaque train, Tommy Edman working his way back from the offseason ankle surgery. Blake Snell throwing to hitters now, so he's trending in a minor league rehab assignment coming up here shortly. Brock Stewarts is in Ontario with the Tower Buzzers on a minor league rehab Assignmon Bruce Dark graderol Keiky Hernandez landon that. Gavin Stone, Evan and Phillips also on the IL. Last night, the Dodgers beat the Rockies seven to one. Tyler Glastnaw was great seven innings. He gets the victory, but plenty of offense for Max Months He three for four and RBI double, a couple of home runs, drives in three and afterwards. Caught up with kirston Max.
Speaker 4: Ahead of the game.
Speaker 8: I told you, but a few of your teammates felt like you were the one of all the guys you probably would have hated this weather most, but you went out there, you had a three hit game, including two home runs.
Speaker 4: So do you still hate it or is it's just with that bad Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I hate it.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 10: I think it's just one of those things where you can't feel anything in your body, so you don't really know what you're doing. You're just going out there and playing and you're not thinking about anything, and you know, it's definitely a lesson to be taken from that.
Speaker 8: I feel like then that goes against me asking you to feel like, were there any mechanical changes you might have made just to get things going with the three hits today?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're tinkering every day and you know we're getting closer. Hopefully I can you know, carry this for a couple more days instead of shutting it down. But you know, yeah, we're getting closer. We're making changes every single day and it feels really close.
Speaker 8: Looking at the splits for you this season, you've been better against left to go against to right eastnight getting two home runs.
Speaker 1: What does that just say to you? Then?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 10: I mean obviously, you know I'm supposed to hit right handed pictures and you know, just to to get some you know, get some hits out there, and more and more importantly for me, it was getting hit with the runner and swarm position.
Speaker 4: I've really been bad at that this year.
Speaker 10: You know, I know that's not gonna that's not gonna hold for the whole season, but uh, just kind of get that, you know, that monkey off my back. It's you know, that was that was big for me.
Speaker 8: There's so many elements to playing here at Corsefield. How challenging though? Did this weather prove to be tonight?
Speaker 7: It was tough.
Speaker 10: You know, it felt like every inning the weather kept dropping, you know, a couple of degrees and uh, you know, thankfully last one out there and was just founding his own and you know, getting a lot of early outs and he was cruising through the game and it was good to see that out of him. And uh, you know, we put some runs on the board. When you're whenever you're playing here, it's never enough.
Speaker 8: Max, congratulations on this win. An incredible performance for you tonight.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Who says Max months he doesn't like the cold weather. He was big last night with the darb I double and the two big bombs. Well, we continue here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with the David Vats days. We're leading up to first pitch on this Saturday from Denver. Tim kas is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Nework.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies on this Saturday nights. Image and gets the ball first pitch coming up in five ten. Todgers Baseball is brought to you by al Poto, born in La and made for your game day. Alpoto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salces and hot sauces to your table El Poto Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kaits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David Bassi right DV image.
Speaker 6: She had relatively young as far as pitching in the big leagues, not a lot of starts still underneath his belt.
Speaker 4: But he's getting there.
Speaker 6: But a team he's facing an awful lot Colorado Rockies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's undefeated against the Rockies and three of those wins, three of his four and oh record is here at cors Field, And you have to wonder if just a matchup number one. The Rockies have not had very good teams or lineups since Emmitt Sheen got called up, including tonight, but his stuff plays here because he's not a crafty guy that's trying to trick anybody. He's coming right at you, similar to Tyler Glass now last night. And how about Tyler Glass now walking from the hotel to the ballpark today, he got stopped a few different times by Dodger fans waiting outside of course field for photos. Tim and Glass now being six' eight with that long main, hair kind of hard to. Hide and the reason WHY i saw this is because it may have been his first time walking to the ballpark because he had no idea how to get. In SO i was behind him about fifty feet. Away he kept on walking past where he should have, walked and on his way, back he got stopped for more photos AND i helped direct him into the stadium and got him down to the clubhouse. Safely but, yeah that's the life of a guy that is emerging And emichan's looking to do the same thing That glass now did last, night really attack a lineup that has had a hard time making. Contact The rockies lineup has struck out over two hundred. Times that's the most in.
Speaker 6: Baseball david is brought to you by The fort And Maverick Motor trends At North American truck of The. Year The fort And maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the BEST. Msrp if it's category, ty does He ford at a new? Light go to Your Southern California ford dealers. Today what's going on With Edwin?
Speaker 4: Diaz, David, Yeah Edwin.
Speaker 5: Diaz if you remember on the last home, stand there was a lot of different stories about whether or not he was going to pitch if he was. Available diaz said on the final night of that homestand that it was his knee that he injured in The World Baseball. Classic that was barking and part of the reason why he was not. Available, now if you, remember before that five run eighth inning against The, Mets diaz was warming up for a safe situation and as you also, Know tim coursefield is unforgiving for any little thing that is bothering. You AND i Asked Dave roberts earlier today whether or Not diaz is, available if there was any, apprehension and he said, no he's a full. Go SO i guess it's only gonna be tested to see whether or Not daz comes in in a safe. Situation, ALSO i know he threw a bullpen session Last, tuesday but the reality is he hasn't been in a game in quite some. Time so maybe even if there isn't a safe situation tonight or, tomorrow you may See diaz. Pitch if everything.
Speaker 4: Holds, true we shall see all.
Speaker 6: Right time now for The Dodger, derby brought to By sanday in The. Park david AND i picked the. Ponies, well pick a race and we see who wins at the end of the racing. Season we're picking tomorrow's second, race and who do you like in this one?
Speaker 5: Tomorrow, David i'm going with the number four, Horse Montana.
Speaker 6: Jet, Oh Montana. JET i will go with the the second. Horse attack now always a good.
Speaker 4: Slogan. Attack, now good luck to, You.
Speaker 6: David dodger fans celebrate ninety years of horse racing At Santa Anita. Park find out all the details and exploring new experiences at The Great Race Place Santa anita Dot com slash Events coming up here On dodgers On, deck we'll dive deeper into this pitching. Matchup but up next Your Dodgers' Magical. Moment I'm Tim, kass the back to Back World series Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Network this Is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 1: On your home For La Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Baseball it's The dodgers and The rockies on This saturday.
Speaker 4: NIGHT i mean she And Ryan.
Speaker 6: Feldner the pitching matchup coming, up we'll hear From Charlie steiner as we lead up to first pitch From dender at five to.
Speaker 4: Ten hot dog who wants a hot?
Speaker 1: Con it's time for the Hawfe Magical.
Speaker 3: Moment It's Magical phone presented By Hawfey Hot.
Speaker 6: Dogs we go back To june, eighteenth twenty twenty, Four dodgers In, denver taking on the ninth. Inning they were down nine to. Four most teams would just pack it up and go back to the. Hotel not The. Dodgers they mounted a. Comeback Ti Oscar hernandez up to bat with a couple of runners. On he was down to his last strike and he was bailed out by first base Umpire Lance barksdale on a check swing. Call, well the very next, pitch Ti oscar made The rockies pay ball.
Speaker 2: Game in the balance right here two two swung, on hitting the air to right center field and, deep this ball heading.
Speaker 4: Back this ball's, Gone it's.
Speaker 9: Gone it's. Gone a three run home.
Speaker 2: Run Ty oscar hood on this and The dodgers have come all the way back to take the. Lead oh my, goodness.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Incredible it's eleven to nine as The dodgers down to their last, strike strike big time As Tai oscar hits his eighteen top run of the.
Speaker 7: Year is there a safe lead margin in this? Ballpark evidently not.
Speaker 6: Not on That june, Ninth dodgers down nine to, four seven runs in the ninth, inning come back and beat The rockies by a final of eleven to. Nine This hofey magical moment brought to you By hoffey Hot, Dogs Hoffey soakow's local treasure for nearly one hundred.
Speaker 4: Years hofty Hot, dogs local and so. Great we'll we.
Speaker 6: Continue here On dodgers On deck we'll check in With Charlie steiner leads up to first pitch From Denver dodgers And. Rockies I'm Tim, kass the back to Back World series Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Network this Is Marongo Casino dodgers on.
Speaker 1: Deap, on your home for The blue.
Speaker 6: All season Long dodgers And. Rockies game two of this four game. Set first pitch coming up at five. Ten it's time down for The verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the. Game, Now, verizon you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save. Big visit The verizon store. Today we say hello To Charlie.
Speaker 11: Styner all, Right, Tim The dodgers keep mosey on down the. Road an easy seven to one win in Frigid denver last night improve their record of fifteen and. Four they've won six of, seven eleven of, thirteen and they're ten and zero Against National league. Teams and, then of course there are The Colorado rockies in a place there used to be dead last seven and. Thirteen they're already eight and a half games out of the, race and mo the month Of april isn't even over.
Speaker 7: Yet, no it's. Not after This dodger. Bucklob they continue to do it really in all different, phases and one that gets overlooked is the. Defense but the defense has not let them down at. All another ballgame last, night perfect timing when you get everything. Together Tyler, GLASSNOW i thought it was an interesting comment That Dave roberts made before the. Ballgames Is Tyler glass now this year is a Different Tyler glass now than what we have seen in the. Past so. Far staying, healthy that's the biggest. Issue but he is a different type of a. Pitcher there's come to realize the value of throwing good off speed, pitches breaking pitches in, particular uh the curb, ball and that has really worked his. Benefit and he has absolutely taken charge when he's been on the mount so. Far and how about this past.
Speaker 11: Week On, Monday robleski eight, innings no, runs two, Hits, Tuesday yamamotos seven and two, thirds.
Speaker 9: One run and four.
Speaker 11: Hits On Wednesday otani six, innings one, ron, run two, hits and last Night Glass now seven, innings one run and two. Hits and so while The dodgers lead the universe in, offense the pitching is right up there. Too opponent's batting average against The dodger pitching this year is just one ninety, three so they're getting it every which. Way they got the, defense as you, mentioned they're hitting. Well everybody knows. That and the pitching has been lights. Out, oh by the, way so has the bullpen when it's been.
Speaker 7: Needed And, CHARLIE i think one of the, keys without a, question is the, length if you, will of the starting, pitching as you're kind of alluding, to because over the last five, games the bullpen has only had to produce six and a third innings of, work so their workload has been limited because of very good starting. Pitching and we're going to find out tonight With Emmett shean how well he's going to be. Pitching AND i think that four seam fastball might be the big key because that's been hit pretty hard so, far but the breaking stuff has really worked well for.
Speaker 11: Him The, dodgers going back to twenty twenty three Against, colorado last forty, games they're thirty two and eight and Then otani last, night The otani watch a couple of more hits all nineteen games this, season forty nine straight Since august of last Year august twenty. Fourth in, fact he didn't take long to extend that, streak did.
Speaker 7: He, No he went two for five last, night could have been three for. Five he lined out to right field in the eighth inning his final bat. Died has got plenty of a bat's last, night a chance to stay, warm And Max munsey then maybe the warmest of them. All a couple of more home runs AN rbi double to go with. It but For munsey has been kind of feast or. Famine you. Know he has now six home runs and in that period of time just seven runs batted. In but For, munsey much better swings we, saw, REALLY i think in two of the last four games that they, played.
Speaker 11: And that PAHs fellow leaves The National league with a four to twelve batting, average twenty eight hits and twenty one runs batted. In we'll go back To alvitani for a. Second of, course he's now at forty nine. Straight if he gets a hit, today and why, not he would tie Wee Willie keeler fifty consecutive games on base from nineteen hundred to nineteen oh. One Now keeler's an interesting. Cat why they call him wee. Willy he was five feet four. Inches his bat weighed forty six. Ounces he had a lifetime batting average of three forty. One he played from eighteen ninety two to nineteen. Ten he's not getting nearly as much attention as he probably. Should As otani closes.
Speaker 7: In, Yeah keeler is also in one year he had five hundred and seventy Advanced he struck out a total of just two. Times it was also we will a killer that came out and, said keep your eye clear and hit him where they.
Speaker 11: Ain't and that line has lived throughout, Baseball, laura and, oh by the, way We Willie keeler in his career thirty three home. Runs all, Right so we're ready to. Go lineup's in first pitching just a pit, ten all.
Speaker 4: Right thank, You.
Speaker 6: Charlie Dodgers baseball brought to you By city a, hull, preparation, precision and unrelenting commitment to being the best at what they. Do that's what makes a champion the Cityo. Hope that commitment has one, focus curing. Cancer city Of. Hope champions Of hope make an appointment today at Cityo hope dot. Org still the ka will dive deeper into the pitching, matchup but up and actually go high and tie with the, Manager Dave roberts as we leave you out The dodgers And. Rockies I'm Tim kates at the back to Back World series Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Network as we were, saying this Is Marongo, Casino dodgers On jack on the official home Of La Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Baseball it's The dodgers And rockies on This saturday Night image And Ryan. Feldner the pitching, matchup first pitch coming up at five. Ten Dodgers baseball is brought to you By Shaky's Pizza, parlor the official pizza partner of The Dodgers audio. Broadcast win its game. Night it's group night At shakey's Dot.
Speaker 3: Com david and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from A dodger.
Speaker 4: Player it's an engagement of.
Speaker 1: Endearment this is high and.
Speaker 5: Tight we're in the office of the manager that has won Three World, championships including back to back, titles and his team is off to the best start In dodger history since nineteen seventy. Seven that's the one and Only Dave. Roberts, dave thanks a lot for allowing me into the.
Speaker 9: Office, Yeah, dave it's always good catching up with, you and, yeah we're off to good. Start and you know it's interesting is yesterday we were in the midst of snow and today it's clear skies and it's seventy. Degrees.
Speaker 5: Dave one thing That i'm not sure everybody can wrap their head.
Speaker 7: Around you're the.
Speaker 5: Manager you're never feeling comfortable no matter how good the record. Is how do you handle this with the team playing as well as it.
Speaker 9: Has, yeah it's a good. QUESTION i think that there's a realistic perspective of presence in the sense of appreciating that you're winning more than you're, losing which is. Good BUT i think as a manager you're always mindful of trying to keep things on the rails and moving, forward so you, know whether it's, player, staff how we, play you, know the, mindset the mechanics part of, it and just trying to have a pulse on. That so but again still being, positive appreciating the start we're.
Speaker 5: Off at this time last, year the defense was a little, inconsistent the bullpen was a little. Leaky how big had those two areas contributed to having the best record to start the year both.
Speaker 9: BOTH i think that certainly the bullpen has done a fantastic. Job there was, obviously you, know going back to last, year there's a lot of questions with the, pen and then you, know coming into the, spring how the spring some of these guys. Had there were some questions kind of coming into the, season but all those questions have been answered up to this, point and you, know So i'm really excited about what they're. Doing and the starting pitchers have done a fantastic. Job and obviously we saw What tyler did last, night and Hopefully emmeitt can build on what he's done the last couple outings and the, defense and SO i think that for, me it's What andy's done at in, centerfield What max has done at third, base and, obviously you, know you expect the shortstop play to be really good even Without mookie. Out BUT i Think tail's done a great. JOB i Think tucks played a really nice defense and a nice right field And freddy's, sunwell so across the diamond we're playing. Well it's good to. See is it fair to?
Speaker 5: Say it feels like the pieces are fitting a little better defensively this?
Speaker 9: Year they are BUT i just feel that we're also playing. BETTER i think that you, Know max looks a lot, Better he's in better. SHAPE i think That freddie's done a lot to work on his, mobility which has. Helped and obviously Adding. TUCKER i Think tucker's done a nice job in right. Field and THEN i Think tao's inspired and he's playing really good left, field and he's getting off the ball really. Well And andy continues to make, stride so it's fun to. See and at second, Base Alex, freelan one of the things that we asked him to do is play good, defense and he's done that and Getting hayes On kim in the. Mix he's you, know been a wonder at second and a. Shortstop so across the, board it's been fun to.
Speaker 5: Watch it's so unique you come off back to back, championships yet individually it seems like some of your better players are still playing with a chip on their. Shoulder have you have you experienced anything like? This how unique it is for so many guys that have won but are acting like they haven't won.
Speaker 9: Yet i've never seen anything like, this you. Know it seems like every YEAR i, say this is the best group of Men i've ever been, around and this is the best Group i've ever been. Around and it's the, character it's how they, work the, focus and, YEAH i think that these guys understand the opportunity we have as far as the chance to win three in a, row something that's unprecedented in The National, league and they want to make their market baseball On dodger. History so but with, that you still got to go out there every day and play the right. Way and that's WHAT i really marvel, at you, know BECAUSE i think that there's no talk of a let, down a, hangover BECAUSE i do think that you know, yourself and people that are familiar with our ball club know that that's not who we, are and we're showing that with the start that we've.
Speaker 5: Had Dave roberts is our guest in front of first between The dodgers And. Rockies here's another Thing i'm curious. About you have so many really good, players and you know. This you have to have a certain level of ego to be as good as some of these guys. Are how have you found a way how have they found a way to check their egos at the, door because there's other teams out there that have a big egos and they can't seem to do.
Speaker 9: That it starts With Freddie. FREEMAN i think that he's, uh you, know he's going to be a first Ballot hall Of. Famer there's there's not an, entinement there's a there's a, gratitude there's a. RESPONSIBILITY i think that you, know with our, guys this game doesn't need any of. Us AND i think our guys have that appreciation the responsibility to go out there and play a certain. Way AND i do think that with success comes an inflated. Ego and you, know the, media the fans telling you how good you, are but you can't let that bleed into your psyche BECAUSE i do believe, that you know the saying you're never as good as they, say and you're never as. Bad and so our guys have that even keeled mindset and that grinder. Mindset and when you take a lot of, talent like minded, talent and you perform the way we do and prepare the way we, do that's why we have something.
Speaker 5: Special you can appreciate this more than most being A Ucla bruin going to college there With Coach wooden being around his famous saying was make every day your? Masterpiece in other, words do you feel like you and your players try to make every day your masterpiece without getting too far?
Speaker 9: AHEAD i love that AND i love, that AND i think for me it's every day's a, test you, know AND i think that you, know what you did yesterday doesn't you, know matter, today and so it's hard to you, know to make a. Masterpiece BUT i respect what Coach wouldn't, said AND i love that, mindset that, idea and me being A bruin as, WELL i love. It AND i think for me it's just to add onto that, is you, know every day's a. Test you, know you're you're trying to prepare and you know you gotta pass a test and nothing is owed to. You so very similar and for me to be even mentioned in the same breadth As Coach wooden is something that's truly humbling for.
Speaker 1: Me All, Right, dave thanks a lot for the.
Speaker 5: Time it is incredible to watch this run of success that you've had since you've taken over managing The dodgers since twenty. Sixteen and we'll make today our. Masterpiece love.
Speaker 9: It Thanks. Dave there he is the.
Speaker 5: Man Dave roberts has been our guest and he'll receive a gift card To Capitol.
Speaker 9: Grill maybe he'll show up.
Speaker 5: To Capitol grill and, upscale relaxed spot with a great, bar great stakes and a great. Manager you never. Know we'll send it back to you in the.
Speaker 9: Studio, tim all.
Speaker 4: Right thanks a, LOT. Dv great to hear that from the manager, Himself Dave.
Speaker 6: Roberts as we lead up to first, Pitch Dodgers baseball is presented by Uniclo field At Dodgers. Stadium visit uniclode dot com slash US so leads up to first. Pitch up, next we'll dive deeper to this pitch he match.
Speaker 4: Up don't go. Anywhere I'm Tim. Ka this is the back to Back World series Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Network this Is Morongo Cassino Dodgers ante game.
Speaker 1: On your home For La Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Baseball it's The dodgers And rockies From, Denver game two of this four game wrap around. Series first pitch coming up at five to.
Speaker 3: Ten and now before The dodgers hit the din, neck we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Brought to you by Your toyota. Dealers we make it Easy Ryan felter on the. Mound, feldner twenty nine years, old made his major league debut in twenty twenty. One remember twenty twenty, three he was the pitcher that was hit in the head by a line drive at a. Concussion, thankfully he's. Okay twenty twenty four to thirty, starts three to ten. Record twenty twenty five he started this, season made a couple of, starts got hurt and never really came.
Speaker 4: Back finished the year IN, tripaa making.
Speaker 6: His fourth start this season last time out four inning and six runs in a loss of The. Padres feldner has faced The dodgers seven times six starts in his, career one in three with a six seventy FIVE. Era, however he did throw six scoreless innings against The dodgers the last seon time he faced them at Cors field in twenty twenty. Four Emmett shean two and oh six to SIXTY era twenty six year old right hander going for The dodgers fourth season the Big league's missed all of twenty four With Tommy john. Surgery making his fourth start this. Season, now She IN'S rra is, elevated but he has pitched well after a rough outing against The. Diamondbacks he went five and two thirds Against washington On april, third then log to quality, start going six, innings striking out, six and a win over The Texas rangers Last.
Speaker 4: Saturday. Immates she has seen a lot of The Colorado rockies in his young.
Speaker 6: Career he's four to oh with a three seventy FIVE era in four, starts and he's not afraid to pitch an. Altitude three of those four starts against The rockies have come In, denver where he's pitching.
Speaker 4: Tonight he's three and oh with a four to seventy SIX.
Speaker 7: Era.
Speaker 4: Immit Shean Ryan.
Speaker 6: Feltner Dodgers rockies were fifteen minutes away from first.
Speaker 4: Pitch keys to the.
Speaker 6: Game our, Next I'm tim Kats is in the back to Back World series Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Network this Is Marongo Casino dodgers.
Speaker 1: On tap on your home for The Blue All Season.
Speaker 6: Low it's The dodgers and The rockies on The saturday night's first pitch coming up at five Ten image and on The. Mountain as we get ready for the start of the game with The sapporo, Start great moments start With.
Speaker 4: Sapporo beer or. Whatever your taste.
Speaker 6: Preference soporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing, loggers including light and non alcoholic. Beers soporo good with, sushi great with. Baseball before first, pitch we head back out to the booth one final. Time tim Neffett Rick, monday guys.
Speaker 2: Counting it down to the first pitch here At Corus field in Sunny, Denver, colorado as The dodgers And rockies Played game two of those four game. Series and She, in the right, hander will make the. Start he's had good luck against The rockies in his. Career our career, starts he's four to ohero with a three seventy FIVE. El and in those, games The dodger bats were broken out because they have outscored The rockies forty to eleven in those four. Starts for, imachief, well if you look at these two ball, clubs The dodgers have scored one hundred and twelve, runs The rockies have scored seventy.
Speaker 7: Six that's in the. Past but For shean against The Rangers, saturday the winning pitcher went six, innings three runs on four. Hits interesting to look at one of the pitches in, particular see how it works, tonight that being the four seam, fastball because at this particular point early going that's been hit and hit hard nine for eighteen opposing batters with three doubles and three home runs against the four seam, fastball.
Speaker 2: And Against texas's average fastball velocity was the highest it's been this, year ninety five point two miles per. Hour so we'll see what he can do locating. It but the slider is going to have to be a calling card here tonight against The rockies team that does not hit the breaking ball very. Well ninety four strikeouts against breaking balls this, year the most of them, majors two hundred and seven strikeouts as a, team also most of the. Majors Ryan feldner has had five starts against The. Dodgers he hasn't had any. Luck he's ow in. Three So feldner against. Emtshean that's the pitching, Matchup dodgers And rockies coming up From.
Speaker 4: Denver all, right thank, You.
Speaker 6: Tim don't forget after this game is, Over dodger, Fans David vassie's got you cover with all the postgame, festivities get all the reaction from The Dodgers clubhouse and of Course Dodger talk as. Well first pitch is Next Dodgers, Rockies game two of this four game series and.
Speaker 4: Joint I'm Tim. Katson this have
Speaker 6: Been Morongo Casino dodgers On deck on the back to Back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio network