Speaker 1: Please scrolling on Instagram reels as we speak.
Speaker 2: Dave Bryan one on one point three kd w B. There's a cat marching band on the port. Oh my god, the levels cat fake A. I think it's I think it's AI. I'm not sure it is.
Speaker 3: Don't she's I think it's AI. You're the worst.
Speaker 2: I think it is. I'm not sure. It looks a little fake, not really sure. We got somebody on the phone here who wants to We were talking to her out of the air. She wants to give us a little public service announcement, so let's talk to her. Her name is Nicole Nicole, and Nicole has Good morning, Nicole. I appreciate you listen to the show. You said you've been listening since you were, like, you know, in the crib and the bad whatever. So now here you are on the mighty KTWB with a public service announcement. Nicole. I'm turning the show over to you.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Okay. So if someone's never done something, don't talk them into doing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like what, yeah, what?
Speaker 1: So I've never had coffee. I don't want to drink it and I never did. But people are constantly trying to convince me to.
Speaker 2: Why don't you want to have coffee? It's delicious? What is your tht? What do you have against coffee?
Speaker 1: It's okay. So when I was a kid, I had this teacher that would like talk really close, and she had the worst coffee breath.
Speaker 2: Mmm.
Speaker 1: So I don't care if you like it. I'm never going to try it. That people are like just he's in, like, try a prappuccino, you'll love it. No, I don't want to. Like, I don't care if you like it, drink it.
Speaker 2: But I admire I admire your position, in your fortitude. It's like, no, I don't want to. It's kind of like, I don't know. I don't like to dance. I look like an idiot that's having like some sort of muscle control problems. I don't like to dance. All let's go to the wedding in a dance for a dance, Oh, dance, I don't want to. I don't want to. Oh you're just struggled. I'll take you out there out No, I don't want to. So you your people try to say, well, just have a frappuccino, Oh, just have a latte. A latte is not even really coffee. It's just a little bit of espresso and some creative it's so delicious, and you're tired of people trying to get you to take to try coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like, I'm a grown up human, so I think I know what I want to do and don't want to do. And it's although I don't want to spend seven bucks for a cup of coffee, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 3: You're saving a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I do admire your conviction and not giving into peer pressure.
Speaker 3: I do love that.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, like you for everyone like they don't make him do it and they don't want to don't talk them into it.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to try to talk you into it. But let just a fair question. Do you like sushi?
Speaker 1: I do like sushi?
Speaker 2: Now, isn't it interesting? Some people like Bob I never like Vont. I don't mean vant would never try sushi.
Speaker 5: I've tried it and I'm just I'm not going back to it. Tried it one and done.
Speaker 2: Ugh, Okay, would you.
Speaker 1: Ever try take so much money too?
Speaker 2: Yes, you're right, Yes, sushi's not cheap. So would you ever be like you know, you're out with your girlfriend Alyssa and you're like, oh, I'm going to get try and buy to my sushi. Does that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: She does it all the I'm like, nope, I'm good. She's like, but it's cook sushi, but it has this and it but has that.
Speaker 2: Nope. Gross? Would you try Nicole to try to get your friend to get to try sushi?
Speaker 3: Would I coffee?
Speaker 1: I will not know?
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Any friend of mine knows that I've said I'm not interested, and so it's not like I'm going to break up the friendship. But I don't have friends like that. I like it. You have to like it, like this is not like a mora issue.
Speaker 2: Well, I bet there's a lot. I bet there's a lot of people who are like, you know what, you just got to try ABC, come on, try it. I know you're gonna like it. It's like, no, I really like, what is the thing that people orders a squid? What is that crap? Calamari? Is garbage? To me? Get some with a dipping sauce? No, I don't want to try it. It's got suction cups on it. Gross.
Speaker 4: I mean I feel the same way about like, not just food, but if someone's like, how man, you know what you really have to do skydiving.
Speaker 3: I am forever changed.
Speaker 4: Or you know what you really have to do, get into you know acupuncture that ha, it'll change your life and I'll be like, leave me alone, leave me alone.
Speaker 3: Really, you know what you should do? You should try snowboarding. It's fun. You go so fast, you could go up to like fifty miles per hour down the mountain and you just feel the wind in your hair and it's more actually not wind because your hair is frozen from the ice and how cold it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great, but see the thing is when you fall at fifty miles an hour with the snowboard, unlike SEEZ, they don't come off. You tumble and the alo the call. So hey to Cole, thank you very much for your public service announcement. Then thank you for listening all these years. We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Loving you guys, love you back.
Speaker 2: So let us know what is it that people constantly try to get you to try? Is it hiking? Maybe you're like, I don't want to go for it. No, I don't want to go for a hike. Maybe you're like, I will never fly on an airplane. I'm just not going to I'll drive, I'll take the amtrak, I'll walk before I fly. What is it that people try to talk you into do? And I'll bet you've got something. Send me a text at KDWB one. That's the short code five three nine two one. We'll play a song, give you a chance to think about it. Text in, and we'll read these when we come right back on KDWB. Also, don't forget we're gonna do the pay your bills thing for one thousand bucks coming up in ten ish minutes. Get rich for the day, coming up on KDWB. What do your friends try to convince you to try even though you're like, I don't want to. We got some people on the phone here. It's like, okay, somebody called and said, I don't like coffee. My teacher when I was a kid who used to talk really close, she had coffee breath that blew it in my face and it always just ruined me for coffee. I don't want it. But if people have some coffee, try a latte A cappa chinos are really good. You're gonna love it. No, I don't want to. So we got some people on the phone here. What they What do your friends try to try and get you to try. Who we got on the phone, Jenny.
Speaker 3: Is it lose?
Speaker 2: Lose?
Speaker 3: Lose what you got?
Speaker 2: I lose? What's up?
Speaker 6: So I am never gonna try spicy food. Spicy food, yes, anything spicy. My husband has been trying for the last ten years to get me to try it, and I prefer it to enjoy my food instead of like sweating and lettings. How can you enjoy your food like that? I just don't.
Speaker 2: Understand, louse. I totally agree with you. Yeah, I like spice, but not so spicy with Susan's like oh, ghost peppers or something like, no, do you want jalapenos on your salad?
Speaker 6: I don't understand. Like he'll grab kalapenos and fry them just like that and then look at it, smile and then just eat it. And I'm like, I can't know that. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I love it, stand your ground, lose. Thanks for calling in appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Ten years, and I'll keep doing it.
Speaker 5: Here's a talk back to what is something that you will never try no matter how many times somebody tries to peer pressure you.
Speaker 7: I'm the one peer pressuring my husband to be a camping guy, and he hates camping. He just wants to stand a nice, beautiful cabin. But I want a camper. I'm not giving up. It's been ten years of marriage. We still haven't gotten a camper. We almost got one last year, but then we backed out with the last second. And this year it's the year I'm peer pressuring him, you know what.
Speaker 2: And I think when you are a part of a couple that you get a right to do that, especially if it's something. Now, if I can, I can eat spicy food on my own, I don't have to peer pressure Susan. I'm like, oh, I really love sushi. I can enjoy my sushi without But I found a camp I'm with you on that one, because camp camping in a camper is not camping now, it's not that's luxury. You get a shower, you got hot coffee, You get a microwave a lot of the time. Sometimes you get a toilet in there. Good luck.
Speaker 3: Well, Dave, how did you because you didn't It take some convincing with Susan because she wasn't really into it.
Speaker 2: Oh you did it.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you didn't like camping and stuff though.
Speaker 2: No, no, she absolutely she'll camp in a tent. I mean not really, but camper. The camper was no problem at all. Do we have another phone call, Jenny?
Speaker 3: They just hung up.
Speaker 2: They hung up. Okay, more talkbacks. What if your friends try to talk you into.
Speaker 5: We got some text messages. Actually, somebody said, everyone over hypes oysters. I will never try oysters. Same girl, they're so say another text. As a new nurse, everyone tells me I have to work on a med search unit for the for at least a period of time. I will never do it. I went right in the pediatrics and we'll never look back. I would have been in trouble.
Speaker 3: What that is? Yeah, that's a very.
Speaker 2: Niche she there's a simple one, bloody Mary's. Everybody says, Oh, but you haven't tried mine. Well, does it have vodka and tomato juice? Yeah? Well then that's a hard no no to bloody Mary.
Speaker 3: I love bloody marriages.
Speaker 2: Oh man, knitting, you should try knitting.
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't want to. I don't mean if I had time and somebody to really teach me, I don't want to learn from a YouTube video, I would probably try that. Roller coaster, says Rowan. No, thank you. It's like no doesn't suddenly mean no, I don't want to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel that they're really scary.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, my in law's always tried to push me to hunt. It's never gonna be my thing. I don't want to give them a hard time for hunting. I just couldn't do it, and that's fine. Yeah, pedicures, I get that you like it. I don't like my feet being touched. Oh but it's so good rub and the water is this? So No, I don't want it. You know what I don't. If somebody texts it in uncle Enel, cousin, I think that's oh, cousin Enel, and I think that must be a birthday shout out. So shout out, cousin Enel. It's a little out of context, but cousin, I think that's how you say it, Enel. So cousin Enel shout out. And I'm not sure what that's all about, but maybe you are sarcast Jenny, stop asking dumb questions.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I go over Jenny's head sometimes and I'll be like, you know what we're gonna do after the show. We're gonna go down to the garbage dump and we're gonna dig for Treasure and Bailey, and then Jenny will be like, are you serious, Jenny? If you look up, Jenny, I painted gullible. I painted gullible on this.
Speaker 3: I can't look up right now. My neck curds.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, okay. What do your friends try to talk you into that you are not into the gym? I don't want to go, but they go on to say in this it gets funny. Yes, I'm gay, So what that doesn't mean I need to go to the gym all my friends? You should go. You'll feel so good. Guess what I'll do it if I want to? Could I lose some weight?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: I don't want to. My boyfriend asks every week, you want to go to the gym? Now, listen to you talk about it's already a freaking workout.
Speaker 5: No, you know what, I don't want to try ever, as cool as it might look, swimming with sharks or dolphins or wait, what is it to do with.
Speaker 3: Any of that? I mean, it's it's more difficult to swim with whales, but yeah, swimming with dolphins, swimming with sharks.
Speaker 5: I don't want to try it, even like touching a sting ray. You know, when you go to the aquarium and they have the little exhibit fun No, because that thing could just backfight like nope, I don't like.
Speaker 3: You only if you like aggravate it.
Speaker 2: Do you have no clue? You have no everything. I have no desire to swim with a dolphin. A dolphin doesn't want to swim with me. I mean, do it? What am I doing? I get it for a picture? Does me? I don't. I don't want to. If you want to swim with a dolphin and you want to pay, you know, four hundred and eighty dollars for the opportunity be my guest, but I don't want to. All right, we got to wrap that up. Thanks for all those That was a lot of fun. Appreciate we we love it when you interact with the show. We are probably the most interactive radio show on the planet right now through texting it through and also multiculture. I think we're the most multicultural show in the Twin Cities. What Yeah, Well, because I'm twenty percent Asian, on is part Black, part Puerto Rican. We have people of all the eaternalities. You're German and I'm here too, Yeah, you're here too. But we have people like the call in from all like you know, we get Russians that call in, we get some Mollies that call in, we get people from Mexico that call in. We are very multicultural, and I'm very proud the fact that we don't just appeal to like you know, like you know, your regular old Jennies, you know what I mean, in any of your Germans.
Speaker 3: Is there something wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh we love Jennies too. But I think we're very multicultural. And also we have one thousand dollars to give away. This is another reason all cultures love to listen to KTWB because we got money. Let's give some away right now with your keyword here at come.
Speaker 3: Now, your chance at one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website.
Speaker 3: Happy.
Speaker 2: That's happy, kdwbat dot com. Okay, they'll make you happy to win one thousand dollars. So open up your phone, go to kdwbeat dot com, tap in the word happy. You can do it on your phone, laptop, on your iPad, whatever, and just make sure you do that within the next You got until nine to fifty. But if you wait till later, you're gonna forget. You've got a lot of stuff going on, So now before you do it, and very very important, answer your phone from an unknown number in the next hour, because that would be us or somebody from iHeart calling to say, hey, guess what you want a thousand dollars? But if you don't answer your phone, they're going to go on to the next caller. So go ahead, enter that keyword happy for one thousand dollars. Spend it in your mind. What are you going to do with your near thos dollars? Is it new furniture, a new flat screen, a vacation, a bag of golf, a new bag of golf clubs? What are you gonna get happy? At katiewb dot com dance party? Are we doing the dance party?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was gonna fire it off, but I'm gonna actually pause for a second because we forgot that Bailly had a shout out. We wanted to do real quick because we have some delicious cupcakes in the studio. Yeah, somebody brought in cupcakes.
Speaker 4: These are from Kaya Bakes and they're bougie cup cakes, y'all.
Speaker 3: So Dave, you're missing out. I'm so sorry already you.
Speaker 2: Send me a picture. Thank you so amazing heah.
Speaker 4: They're like ones that have like oreos on top, and like an oreo cream and like a chocolate cupcake, and then I think it's like a heath bar on which it yeah, like caramel and everything. So anyway, shout out to Kaya Bakes for the cupcakes. I posted a picture on the Dave Ryan Show story so you can see these cupcakes and be jealous because I'm gonna eat.
Speaker 2: Like four supporting more local businesses. So thank you very much. We appreciate that. All right, now, are we doing the dance party?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We are? You ready?
Speaker 2: Friday Morning Dance Party on kd WUB. Oh it's over already. I was hoping it would go on for a while. Friday Morning Dance Party on KDWB. Hey, don't forget the keyword. A lot of people are like, who thousand dollars? What do I do? What would you spend a thousand dollars on? Practical or ridiculous? What would you do? Somebody texted in and said I could use that thousand dollars to take six boys to Metropolis, which I guess is it trampoline water park. Oh that'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 5: I'd go one hundred and sixty five boxes of Girl Scout cookies.
Speaker 3: That's what I can buy with a thousands.
Speaker 2: It is a Girl Scout cookie season, I think. So yeah, whatever you want to do with your thousand dollars, you gotta play the game. You gotta go to katiewb dot com and enter the keyword happy and then make sure you answer your phone within an hour so we can call you and let you know, hey, you won coming back in a couple of seconds on KATWB because you know, we go away, but like a like a bad odor, like a bad rash. Sure, very nice, Just we just keep coming back. What's coming up on the show The Daily Bailey? We're gonna do on the Daily Bailey?
Speaker 3: It's would you Rather? Friday? I've got some would you rather? Questions for all of you.
Speaker 2: I love it. We'll do it next stay here on KDWB.
Speaker 4: So it is would you rather Friday? Where I ask you Some would you rather? Questions are around the horn here. If you have any answers, you can text d in five three, nine to two one. These are all very travel based questions because it's cold outside, so let's imagine we're somewhere else. Okay, would you rather have unlimited time? Off but a small small travel budget, or have only one week off but unlimited money to spend during it all the time off, all the time off, all the time off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, one thousand percent. You know me. I'm a frugal girl. Anyways, I can make so much happen with a little bit of money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can play like a road trip to which still might be money, but it's cheaper than flying to Timbuctoo. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we all agree because I also agree, I'd rather have unlimited time off rather than a bougie vacation. Okay, this one's really easy. Would you rather go on vacation to the beach or to the mountains?
Speaker 2: Mountains?
Speaker 5: Yep, same opposite, coming from a guy that spent summers grown up Jersey Shore beach all day, baby.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree, beach all day for me. I want to hear the eaves. Okay.
Speaker 4: Would you rather plan every single detail of a trip ahead of time or totally play it by ear?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would do I would plan every single detail because there's still room for you to go do whatever you want to go, do, like random.
Speaker 2: Stuff to come up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys know my answer. It will be detail. Yes, every single detail. I agree, Jenny, I want to plan it to the minute.
Speaker 4: Okay, would you rather jump out of a plane with a parachute or dive into a cage surrounded by sharks? Or dive into the water in a cage surrounded in one dave sharks?
Speaker 2: I don't. I've done skydiving enough to know I don't like it. I don't want to do it again.
Speaker 3: I never knew you've been skydiving a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, too many adventures.
Speaker 3: I would do the shark cage absolutely. I don't ever want a skydive skydive? Can I pick neither? I don't want to do it one.
Speaker 4: Uh, probably skydive because then at least I can see the ground versus sharks.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, would you rather travel with a personal photographer or a personal massuse?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know Jenny's answer already, Yeah you do. It's a personal photographer absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: What I thought you were gonna say massus because you're all in pain over there?
Speaker 3: Well, she's yeah, but that's because I put myself through so many situations to be in pain, and I can deal with that. I would rather have someone photograph and me getting all the instagram ps dave, a personal photographer or a personal.
Speaker 2: Messase there one, But I'll do messus because I have to pick Okaya. But yeah, all right?
Speaker 3: Would you rather that kind of messuse Dave? No, it's not that kind okay.
Speaker 4: Would you rather win free airfare for life or free hotel stays for life? Oh?
Speaker 2: Airfair? I think, yeah, Airfair that's a really good one because hotel stay. Yeah, that's wow. I'll stick with Airfair for now.
Speaker 3: Actually, I take my back. Hotels can get exped I think I'm going to do hotel because you could get the craziest, nicest hotel ever. And who cares if I sat an economy for three hours?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Exactly the hotel, I would say hotel as well? Free hotel baby, okay. Last one?
Speaker 4: Would you rather have perfect weather for a road trip or no traffic?
Speaker 3: No traffic, no traffic or perfect weather?
Speaker 2: Oh man, these are hard ones. I would say the weather is part of your experience. So I'm gonna say no traffic, no traffic. But also that would that mean no crowds go to Yosemite for example, Yeah, no traffic means no crowds? Am I making that right assumption?
Speaker 3: Not necessarily because there's still people. You just won't have to sit in your car like an hour to get into your exactly.
Speaker 2: I know somebody, a friend of mine, Jay shout out, He went to Grand Canyon a couple of years ago. Waited five hours in a line of cars to get into the Grand Canyon. Five hours. Five hours too many. They need to build more national parks, you guys. They need to dig another Grand Canyon somewhere.
Speaker 3: People just seem to know that there's actually other things around national parks you can do. Yeah, obviously, the national parks are national parks for a reason, but there's just so much more you can explore outside of national parks that I feel.
Speaker 2: Like people don't one thing, like, what do you remember this? Do you remember?
Speaker 3: Do you remember there was a photo of me standing out on like a ledge basically overlooking something that looked like I was on a different planet that was not a National park, that was in Utah. It's called yeah, oh gosh, what's it called. It's like, no, it's not, David. It is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced in my life and the scariest because I was like thousands of feet above my death well, that's the Daily Bailey. Want did you answer that last thing one more time?
Speaker 4: Would you rather have no traffic on a road trip or perfect weather?
Speaker 2: I'll go perfect weather.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: I don't really care about traffic as long as I get there and have the good time. I always wonder like the day that I do propose to Lissa. God, I hope that's beautiful weather outside.
Speaker 3: Well, you'll be able to pivot if it isn't, yeah, or I'm a backup brain date. The place I was talking about is called Moonscape Landing in Utah, just so you know, and that is not a national park. It's something you can go to for free. And then just one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Dave, you would all love it. To look it up. Okay, thank their Moonscape Landing.
Speaker 2: We're in Utah, our.
Speaker 3: Moonscape Landing or overlook, Yeah, in Utah. Just look it up. It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I love that stuff. Okay, that's the Daily Bailey. Thank you guys, Thank you Bailey. We'll be back with Dave's Dirt coming up. But first we're going to give away Conen Gray tickets right now, and we just have a rule for con and Gray because a lot of people are still like learning who Cone and Gray is. If you want to go see Cone Gray and He is going to be at Target Center coming up February nineteenth. Love to get you out there, load the place up with fans. So maybe you're like, you know what, I don't know who Cone and Gray is, but I'm going to go and I'm going to be an enthusiastic participant in this show. I'd love to get you there too. But if you wonder, if you're a big fan, you're like, oh, that sounds dope, then call me six five, one, nine eight nine KDWB. We'll take a random number, gets set up, and then we'll do Dave's Dirt next on KADIEWB.
Speaker 3: If gossiping was a career, they'd be making bank Dave's Dirt on KDWB.
Speaker 2: I know it's not really a big dirt story, but it's really interesting to me because Falcon Stadium is where the Air Force Falcon's play and it's a big football stadium here in Colorado and Bruno Mars is playing there. They never have concerts at Falcons Stadium. It's like a sports stadium and a graduation for the Cadet Stadium, but Bruno Mars is playing there. The ticket prices are outrageous and there is only four percent of the tickets left for sale. I just thought it was really here's an act that's so big that he's playing the stadium that never even hosts concerts. I mean, the Eagles have been there before, and that's really about it. So I just thought it was kind of interesting.
Speaker 3: It is interesting. I like that. And on the topic of concerts, I'm hyped because the one and only Pitbull just announce his big tour called I'm Back. He'll be back in the Twin City, so specifically down in Shockrapy. He'll be playing the Mystic Lake Amphitheater on Saturday, September twenty sixth, and so if you want to get in on the pre sale, which happens Wednesday, January twenty eighth, you got to sign up for the presale by Monday, January twenty six at ten pm, but then all other ticket sales start Friday, January thirtieth at ten am, So go check it out.
Speaker 4: Heck yeah, and not about a tour, but about an album. Harry Styles has a new album coming out that's due on March sixth. It'll be called thank you, it'll be called kiss all the Time, disco occasionally which I like to live my life.
Speaker 3: Bye love that vounce on the phone right now, Dave, So it's your baby.
Speaker 2: Well that is it. We are short on time but long on love.
Speaker 3: What what is this new? This a new I love your tagline, I don't hate it.
Speaker 2: We got to go. We will see. We're off on Monday to recognize Mlkday and we will be back on Tuesday on KTWGB. We'll have wild tickets for you, more concert tickets, and we'll do that on Tuesday mornings, so we'll see you then this weekend we're doing Bruno Mars tickets all weekend on KTWGB. So keep your radio here, take us along in the free iHeartRadio app, and have a good, safe weekend and we will see you soon on KTWDB from the Arthur