Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five to seventy LA sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while friend.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas, terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the.
Speaker 1: Petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. I do not wish any reward, but to know that I have done the right thing.
Speaker 2: That's you, Tim, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's you with your baseball poems. Petros In Money back and home of back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Not Petross and Money, but the station as a whole, the collective AM five seventy l A Sports the Blowtorch live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and podcastable there you could podcast the show streaming live and we got a lot going on, not just this great sports talk show, great sports talk felt emotional please to the powers that be. Tonight we got Clippers Lakers Clippers, big dramatic win. Did you see the wall last night at into It Dome or as James Worthy refused for first to at the Igloo the Inuit Dome on the Petros and Money Show, did you see all those people? No, cause the miss free throw by Murray? No, you didn't see that.
Speaker 2: I saw he missed the free throw, but I didn't know the wall at anything.
Speaker 3: It was the wallow because the wall distracted him. And the Clippers beat the best player in basketball, Nikola Djokich. And that is a prelude to tonight's game against the Lakers. Clippers coming off back to back games, but it's the Lakers that could be without camer Night. Thanks tonight, that's when the game happens. David Massey will join us and we'll get all excited about the first spring training game here on m FI seventy and all the Dodger fanfare. Kates, would you like just a little more washingto the sack and maybe just some punches to it as well? Yeah, with some textosal reaction to your baseball.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy. Very few people in the middle here. This one says Tim is gay. Okay, Well that's what it says. Why I don't know, Kates. Maybe there's the way you're talking. Okay, p Kates made me shed some tears. Look at that. What a weenie. Yeah, I'm not gay, So just it's a lot of people who are. Pee. There's no question you and Matt are the two all beef patties and the big Max sandwich of great.
Speaker 2: Sports talk, great sports talk.
Speaker 3: But Tim Kates is most definitely the special sauce. His baseball monologue just now rivals many of Matt's best efforts, and that is saying something. Please thank him on behalf of Petros and money listeners and baseball fans for his passion about that great sport and for his tireless effort in helping create the best sports talk show in LA. Why not.
Speaker 2: You are welcome here to help, here to serve.
Speaker 3: Hey, Pee, I was driving and not able to get in with the last batch of text doss. Okay, with Dave coming up, this question can be for both vest and Kate's what are the seam head thoughts on the evil four letter replacing Sunday Night Baseball with women sporting events.
Speaker 2: Oh, great question, great question, that's a great question. I'm all about women's sports. I have a daughter who plays women's sports still, and I have a high school daughter who plays a girls high school lacrosse.
Speaker 3: While I'm all about they better help Kaylen Clark can play in every single basketball and soccer and whatever other women's game they're gonna play.
Speaker 2: That was gonna be My point is what is the content that they're gonna have on a weekly basis to provide outside of just three point shots from Kaitlyn Clark every week? I mean, what else is there out there?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, Tim. I think it's a great investment by ESPN in the future, but I have to say, actually I'm kidding about that. But I do have to say from the time when we were young people and ESPN with Stuart Scott and Dan Patrick and those guys was must see television. You enjoyed the highlights. That's where you got the highlights. They weren't on social media. There was humor. It was men talking about kind of manly stuff. And that is that is gone changed. That is yeah, it's gone.
Speaker 2: Instead of giving you what you want now they're force feeding things that they think you were.
Speaker 3: Wow, and you got a bald head scalleywag up there.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Kate's next poem is going to be on the freedom Tree. I should have read that text. I'm sorry, all right, it's tide for the word of the day. His words the word of the day today. This word of the day is extreme. Major League Baseball is on the brink of a lockout, yes, but we are gearing up for the twenty twenty six baseball season and so is MLB. That's why they teamed up, like the two Spy kids teamed up. I guess they're brother and sisters, so it's kind of like they had to do it anyway. But they have teamed up Major League Baseball with Taco Bell. Get ready tim for the new MLB official soft drink, the one that they love and Taco Bell. And when it comes back in Taco Bell, everybody gets all geeked up. The Mountain Dewe Baja Blast.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: That is the official, official official soft drink of Major League Baseball. Now. I guess it's a big thing with the younger people.
Speaker 2: They love the Mountain dew Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this one is teal or blue. It's a blue colored beverage, a very popular beverage that Taco Bell weirdos. And you know there's a lot of Taco Bell weirdos out there. Oh yeah, like the people that go to the Taco Bell Hotel and do what stay at the Taco Bell Hotel?
Speaker 2: What are you just like laying like pintos and cheese and no, no.
Speaker 3: It's like a hotel with like Taco Bell thieves, like a Taco Bell. I think it's like a papa you have that gay. So there's a lot of people who are I don't think it's gay. I think it's weird say that. But now you don't just have to go to Taco Bell to go Dan Cortez MTV Sports Extreme and live the Baja Blast. The Baja Blast is going to be available at various stores now in bottles, and it's gonna be available at ballparks.
Speaker 2: I mean, it just falls right in line with you know, I know it's not an energy drink, but it basically it's just it's.
Speaker 3: An energy drink to explode your brain and heart right all season long. There'll be promotion and prizes and all the gut rotting bs that goes along with the Baja blast. This drink will blow your head clean off, much like the Philip's mustard that we used to so proudly promote with the flip top story of the day.
Speaker 1: It's the flip FlipTop Philip's flip top story of the day.
Speaker 2: It's the Philip's double did come try Pettils a favor and they beat double dead with swings. With these super hot and mustard, it'll blow your face right off. Yeah, Phelips, home of the French Dip sandwich in La Landmark since nineteen oh eight.
Speaker 3: That's a free one for you guys over there at Philip's looking at you, mister bender Happy twenty twenty sixth season. It's gonna be fun. And if you thought of yourself in an MLB game drinking a beer or a Paloma or maybe even Bischlada, maybe reconsider and think of yourself drinking a blue Mountain dew and then jumping out into an airplane with a parachute strapped through a snowboard with two oozy paintball guns, just like Dan Cortes. As the young people used to say, do the dude.
Speaker 2: I mean you guys have had multiple dodgers inside the locker room and have both told you guys I mean, Anthony Bonda, Miguel Rojas, benk Asparius I think alluded to this as well. These guys all just down energy drinks in caffeine. This kind of fits like their narrative of just man.
Speaker 3: But do you want to try to keep the sugar down? Oh?
Speaker 2: There's okay, So there's limits a lot of sugar.
Speaker 3: In that bah. You know, you get a sugar free red Bull, it just blows your head off. But without the sugar, I'm sure there's other gut running chemicals in it that people will bother me about on the.
Speaker 2: Textoso believe me as a guy who had his gall bladder taken out because he had too many energy drinks and too much sugar calcium build ups. I get it, I get it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, the official drink of the MLB's gonna build up some calcium in your gall bladder please, And gentleman, what do you know about the case. Well, listen, I don't have a goal blader. I know all about that. Yeah, just like that one song, what you know about that? I know all about that all right, it's time for the number of the day. Number of the Day. I don't know how you're gonna do it, Tim, I don't know you're gonna follow up to your awesome baseball soliloquy.
Speaker 2: I don't know how gonna do it, but a lot.
Speaker 3: Of I mean, maybe you should post it.
Speaker 2: I had a baseball number of the day and it involved the uniforms. Nike's new uniforms actually are really good this year, as two years ago they were awful, and well, you knew.
Speaker 3: They were gonna have to figure it out and try to save some face.
Speaker 2: And they have. But my new number of the day is three point three million dollars. We love Marilyn Monroe here on the patrol some money show we do. Yes, we don't.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not saying we don't. I read a very interesting James Elroy book with Marilyn Monroe as a center character, and it delved into a lot of the allegations about her when she was alive and how she died. And the main character in the book was literally a guy who who was interviewed by the FBI and everybody else and told people he was in the room after she died. Before the cops got there. Oh wow, wiping stuff down?
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Freddie O'tesh, which is the real person who Jake Dennis from Chinatown that movie is based on, and every other La Hollywood Ray Donovan, Hollywood Fixer, LA Detective. All that stuff comes from this guy, Freddie O'tesh And he was in the room anyway. Marilyn Monroe had a lot going on, according to Elroy, Let's just put it like that.
Speaker 2: Monroe's other house, not the one in the Hollywood Hills, but Marilyn Monroe's.
Speaker 3: House once she was found dead, is in Brentwood.
Speaker 2: Brentwood. That that house, her former Palm Springs home, is on the market for three point three million dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh really.
Speaker 2: It's a house that is in the Vista Las Palmas neighborhood. Three thousand square feet, four bedrooms for bath. It's not original, original, but the last couple of owners have not like redone it completely. It's still got a lot of the original architecture to the house and the framework still looks the same as to when she designed and built it right before she died. She didn't get a long time to live in there. But it's a spacious house with a fireplace, dining nook, a retro semicircle bar, sliding glass doorframes throughout, a great looking patio and pull a hot tub, a fire pit outside with stunning views of the mountains. Three point three million dollars, and you could own a piece of history, the Palm Springs home of the one and only Marilyn Monroe.
Speaker 3: Well you could, you know, you could rent Bob Hope's house out there, the one that looks like a giant beetle in Palm Springs.
Speaker 2: I've heard of it, but I've never seen it before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh you can see it. I mean you see it from right off Highway one eleven. It's huge, said postcards. You've seen it, trust me. Okay, you can rent that and stay there for a party. They couldn't sell. They sold it, but for like tens of millions less than they thought it would get. Yeah. Marilyn Monroe died in Brentwood Helena Drive in Brentwood, August fifth, nineteen sixty two. Well, if you want to own a piece, did you say the Hollywood Hills, what's the matter with you? Well, Hollywood Hills, brent Wood to me, it's all no, it's not there.
Speaker 2: It's right over there. It's all the same.
Speaker 3: It's not the same.
Speaker 2: But you could own a piece of her palm or owner Palm Springs house that.
Speaker 3: Brent would just too far west for you when you were at UCLA. I mean, is that it matters? That's a three blocks away.
Speaker 2: I'm coming down four or five south instead of making a left onto sunset like Mike Cronin, I'd have to make a riot.
Speaker 3: So you can't do that.
Speaker 2: I can't do it, Sally Running.
Speaker 4: This is the song of the day. Yeah, simple mind. So a band from Glasgow, Scotland with our song of the day called Waterfront because we've arrived at another frog Man Friday rendezvous, boarding our seafaring vessel with the rain behind us as we move on up to the waterfront for smooth sailing through the waters of great sports Dog until the time comes to drop. Anchor at Crypto dot Com Arena for a Crosstown NBA matchup between Los Clippers and Lakers with our friend Adam Oslin down the hall in the Clippers studio dialed in for that countdown show that begins at six o'clock.
Speaker 3: Hey you, Ronnie, did you know Kate's that Joe DiMaggio and Frank Sinatra kicked a door down of some old lady's house in la of her apartment because they thought Marilyn and Roe was in there having sex with like a stage manager for one of her plays.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, but she wasn't there.
Speaker 3: She was. It was wrong. It's called the wrong door ray. Oh my gosh, she was next door. Happened the stage manager, but they didn't know, and Frank and Demaggio got in trouble. A lot of story. That's another Freddio test story. He was with him love when that happened. That guy that was well, she broke his heart. She did break his heart.
Speaker 2: She loved her.
Speaker 3: She loved her. There's no doubt she loved having sex with young pizza man and everything. Pizza man you know, the pizza delivery guy. Oh yeah, at Helena Drive Brownwood. Brother. Okay, we'll be back. We have more great sports stock and it's all headed your way with David Vesey.
Speaker 1: Next, Petros Papadakis, that money Smith. This is Petro Send money on Demand.
Speaker 3: Cracking everybody. Welcome back, Petro send money on a frog Man Friday, pushing you towards the end of your week weekend is coming. Dodger Baseball is coming tomorrow twelve ten pm. First pitch. David Vasse, of course will be there. Dodgers Angels, Camelback Ranch will be up and running for the Cactus League and joining us now to discuss it because there is no Dodger Talk tonight. Is the man on a mission to bring you all the latest news, and well he's become a star in his own right.
Speaker 1: David VESSI live from Spring Training, the home of the Dodge, off.
Speaker 2: With an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vasse Report with David Vasse.
Speaker 3: David Masse live from Camelback Ranch. We are thrilled to have him, Dave on M five seventy LA Sports Spectrum, sports Net and the MLB Network at the real Underscore dv on X for all the latest, truly the latest from Camelback Ranch on your Southern California to to the other celebrity hotline. How are you, Dave?
Speaker 5: I'm doing great. I gotta get my times right, I've been saying all week on Dodger Talk, the games at one ten, but we are still an hour ahead out here in Mountain time. So thank you for that, Petros. But all as well and ready to see some Cactus League baseball tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Dave kind of feels like today's the calm before the storm with the big games tomorrow and so and finding out who's going to start, who's gonna play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot more buzz at camp, a lot more fans showing up than what we saw during the middle of the week. With the weekend upon us, so a lot of Dodger fans already have made their way to Camelback Ranch. And I wouldn't say the calm before the storm because I feel like a lot of Dodgers are easing into Cactus League play. Freddie Freeman is not going to play until Tuesday. You're not going to see Monsey or Mookie Bets either tomorrow in Tempe. But you will see sho Heyo Tani lead off in DH in both these games this weekend against the Angels and Padres. And of course we're going to get our first look of Yoshinubu Yamamoto, who is the World Series MVT. Yama Moto will be starting tomorrow, and that's going to be his first start before you lead with Team Japan for the World Baseball Classics. I know, Dodgers Angels anywhere in Arizona is exciting, but I love the setting at Tempe Diabolo Stadium, and it should be great to have Yamamoto on the mound and Otani back where it all started in the big leagues out there in temp B against the Angels.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers, especially in the Cactus League. You could talk about what it's like in Florida. I have no idea, but in the Cactus League years, no doubt, yeah, that the Dodgers are the most popular team, and they are the most popular team in baseball and the most successful team in baseball. They're a huge topic for everybody with the labor unrest looming, I guess. So what's it like being with the Dodgers at this moment in time in baseball history?
Speaker 5: Dave, Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up, Petros, because it is baseball history. A lot of people were not born the last time a team did win three championships in a row in baseball. That was the Yankees twenty six years ago. I wasn't alive for any other team to win three in a row other than those Yankees. So we are in the middle of history and one of the historic great teams in baseball history with historically maybe the greatest player ever in baseball history in sho hey Otani. So I feel like we all got to remember this and it's not lost and there's a reason why these guys came to camp ready to go day one. It's not lost on them that they have an opportunity to go down in history as one of the greatest teams ever if they're able to win a three peat. And that's something that shouldn't be lost on a lot of us that we are witnessing one of the greatest teams ever assembled and they're trying to make history and become just one of a handful of teams to ever win three championships in a row.
Speaker 2: Dave, there's not a lot of run roster spots available for this team because of the depth they have going in to spring training. But if you're a Dodger fan, what are maybe one or two guys to keep an eye on when games start this weekend that guys maybe make a roster spot to start the season, or we're going to see at some point very soon.
Speaker 5: Now I'm really keying in on two guys that got their major league debuts last year. In Alex Freeland and Dalton Rushing, they seem to have a better understanding of their roles and I really am curious to see what type of spring they have. And Alex Freeland has a chance to be able to make the opening day roster and actually be the opening day's second baseman if he performs well. Him and hayes On Kim are competing to be the other part of the second base equation until Tommy Edmond returns, so that's certainly one spot of competition. In Dalton Rushing. He's going to get opportunities to catch a lot this spring when Will Smith goes to the World Baseball Classic next week, but he's also going to get opportunities to show whether or not he can fill in for Freddie Freeman at first base. So I'm looking forward to seeing big springs from those two guys.
Speaker 3: What about the outfield prospects that people talk about. Who's impressed you of those guys if you've gotten to meet any of them now?
Speaker 5: Well, the work ethic of Zayer Hope has been not lost on everybody around the Dodgers and including myself. He's a humble kid that hasn't taken any of this for granted. He does love the game of baseball and he is a tireless worker. Another guy that I got to meet actually today is an outfielder the Dodgers acquired at the trade deadline last year for Dustin May James Tibbs the Third. Andrew Friedman told me that he may be the most ready of all the outfield prospects because he is going to start the year in Triple A, and if somebody goes down, he may be the first guy they call up. He's a college baseball player. He went to Florida State. He was a first round draft pick of the Giants. He was included in the trade for Rafiel Devers, and then the Red Sox traded him to the Dodgers because they have such a surplus of outfielders. So the Dodgers may have landed a pretty good player for a rental that was not in the picture anymore for them in Dustin May so James Tibbs the Third, and I found out that Dodgers handed him a first baseman's glove when they acquired him, and he was playing in Tulsa last year. Tibbs, you may see Tibbs play some first base tomorrow against the Angels.
Speaker 2: Yoshinobu Yamamoto. How much do we expect out of him tomorrow?
Speaker 3: David?
Speaker 2: What is going to be his only start right before he goes off to the World Baseball Classic, And then on Sunday. Jackson Farris, the young left hander. This is a guy we could see this year if it's needed that he gets called up because of injuries.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, he may be the next one up or among them Gavin Stone, River Ryan, those guys are ahead of him as far as the depth chart goes. But yeah, we've heard so much about Jackson Ferris, and I'm not sure talking to people that have watched him pitch, that he's going to be, you know, that elite number two type of starting pitcher, but certainly a very capable mid rotation type guy. And he has to prove that this spring, and it starts on Sunday.
Speaker 3: David Vasse our guest with all the latest from campmel Back Ranch, and it is the raw latest, Dave. I know Otani's leaving camp too, and he's obviously one of the most popular athletes in the world. Is there anybody that draws more interest than him right now in Dodgers camp, and who will it be once Otani leaves town.
Speaker 5: Now, he is a that everybody has eyes on. The fans go crazy. You know where Otani is at all times because the Japanese media has all the video cameras on him. The reporters are all at that field, and you know when O'tani is coming or going from the clubhouse because fans go crazy. You can hear them a mile away. So he's the guy that obviously everybody wants a glimpse of, but as far as anybody else, that's a person of interest, nobody with that type of fanfare. But you know, Kyle Tucker, we haven't talked a lot about him because he hasn't spoken to the media yet since he's arrived at spring training, and everything that we heard about him during free agency kind of matches up. He is a low energy guy. He's a guy that doesn't really want to go above the radar. But certainly the guys on the coaching staff have told me that he is going to bring an added to men on the baseball field, that it's going to help the Dodgers win games. So I guess that's all that matters.
Speaker 3: At the end of it, before we let you go, Dave, Tim in the last hour did a thing about baseball, saying and in passion plea to the players union and the owners that baseball's finally become the second most popular sport. They've got their place again, especially in this town. Please God don't ruin it. And are we all we going to talk about all season? Is this looming problem with the with the CBA and all this what's going to happen Dave? And is it going to be like that all year or once the games start here in spring training or do you think we'll get a little bit of arrest from that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: I agree with Tim. I believe baseball is a better product than the NBA and be more popular than the NBA right now, despite the evil four letter basically ignoring it the last five years ever since they couldn't come to terms on a bigger TV deal. But I also it's very much on brand for Tim Kates to worry about something that's a year away. And I just think that the talk about the lockout was great and the looming labor deal expiring. I hope people don't continue to bring that up and just enjoy this season, because I've talked to people that have pretty good knowledge of these type of things and are involved, and it's conflicting. A lot of people believe that next year they won't miss any games, and then there's some that believe that you need to book up for a longer work stoppage. But I mean, let's just enjoy this year and let's not continue to bring the black clouds of things that fans don't really they want me to hear about, especially with how tough it is to you know, live day to day. Let's not keep bringing that up. Billionaires versus millionaires fighting. I just don't think anybody.
Speaker 3: It's like the end of the terminator. You know, there's a storm coming. She knew it. The great David Vassa. Ladies and gentlemen, there's nobody better. Dave. Have a great weekend. We'll see at the card shop and uh covering these games?
Speaker 5: All right, Thanks a lot. I appreciate it, and don't worry about things that are a year away. I mean, we're all day to day, especially at your age.
Speaker 3: Geez, she's older than me.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dave.
Speaker 3: There he goes, David, Geez, what a deflator.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's fair to worry about it because it's, you know, now, less than a year away. But yeah, let's not freak out about it. Well, I feel like freaking out about it right now. Man, Wow, man freaked out.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with some reaction on Ami seventy at A Sports.
Speaker 1: This is Petros Money on Demand.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, everybody. It's Petro Send Money on m five seventy LA Sports. A big thank you to David Vase. You told Tim Kates to calm down, don't worry about next year because we're all day to day. It's a good message, Tim, although you are right, no national baseball news is an influx of doom and gloom about the looming labor issues.
Speaker 2: If there was only a song somebody can write like, Hey, don't worry, just be happy.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pretend you didn't do that. Reference that at All podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone and Clippers Lakers are coming up, and don't miss all the baseball action this weekend. First Pitch at twelve ten on Saturday and Sunday. Fully Functional Employee Adam, We'll be here at six to give you the latest. And uh, I do have a weather story here. We haven't done much weather talk. I mean, it's not like we're KFI or anything.
Speaker 2: But I'm looking outside. Sun's starting to go down a little bit. It's partly cloudy, but it's freezing cold out.
Speaker 3: So it's cold, but it's not raining anymore. And the winds were high and the rain was real. And my sister said the hail cracked her windshield. Well, she is prone to exaggeration, though.
Speaker 2: So I got one word for her safe light.
Speaker 3: Yeah, safe flight repair, save flight replace. But I did think that she could be exaggerating. But either way, the wind did claim a victim this week or two. No, it didn't kill anybody, not that I know of, not in this story, at least at Disneyland, the happiest place on Earth, and the Moss x Mentivo place on Earth.
Speaker 2: And certain parts of the park are very windy because the way it goes through the park, you know, the Matterhorn area around there could get windy. Big thunder Mountain over there is kind of a wind. Certainly over in a California adventure, there's a wind off the water.
Speaker 3: What are you like Reggae Krantz, where you know, like the different wind tunnels of Disneyland.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've been known to exchange pens or two.
Speaker 3: No, you don't.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding. I would never do that.
Speaker 3: Well, how about this. Wherever you are at the park, it is moss x ment thivo. Oh. Yeah, a woman and her husband were hit by a large tree on main Street. Excuse me, tim what? A woman and her husband were hit by a large tree on Main Street, USA that's snapped and fell on them during the winds that we've all experienced these last few das. On a Disney Facebook group, the woman from Vegas named Lawanda Joseph and her husband have been identified as the couple who were hit by the tree. Disney may want to hit them with a lifetime pass Joseph's and Josephs can join a gang like the real Boys.
Speaker 2: Here's a coupon for some Mickey years.
Speaker 3: Anyway, head on a swivel during the high winds and in other wind related issues. At Disneyland two thousand and one, an oak tree snapped and blew up twenty people.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 3: It was twenty five years ago.
Speaker 2: I remember a tree incident a Disneyland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, an oak tree snapped and buried twenty people, five of them children, Oh no, two of them employees. Nobody was killed. Abrasions and contusions. And that was that the Horseshoe Review. What's the weather like over there, Kates?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right over there by the Pirates of the Caribbean right when you come into Frontier Land and adventure Land is right there.
Speaker 3: Shit it. And there were five visitors in two thousand and eight that got scraped and scratched by a falling branch at the New Orleans Square where Ronnie Hay's out.
Speaker 2: Now, for those asking, how can you prove you got hurt? You know this Vegas couple. There are cameras literally everywhere Disneyland. There's gotta be footage all the.
Speaker 3: Well, the people, I mean, the people in New Orleans Square in two thousand and eight were pulled from beneath the fallen tree. No, it wouldn't be hard to identify that. So after some serious thought about this, much like I thought about the Santa Anita thing in my detective ways, I put on my detective hat like Matt would put on his golf hat.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like golf Matt.
Speaker 3: Golf Matt was a different map, more of a basketball expert than a football or baseball expert.
Speaker 2: Hey, do you remember the people movers that went over Disneyland the monorail?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the or you mean the gondola.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the gondolas, Like the people moving went over the top.
Speaker 3: Somebody jumped off of it.
Speaker 2: But I remember being a Disneyland with a special.
Speaker 3: Needs person fell off the gondola, I believe, and that was the end of the gondola.
Speaker 2: I hate to hear that, but I remember being bringing it up. No, I bring it up because I remember when I was your.
Speaker 3: Spell was gonna have a lot. Vassay's right about you worry wart Tim.
Speaker 2: I was worried when I was young that I would fall off as the winds. I remember they stopped those with those really windy Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not a great idea to get on a gondola and the wind Disneyland. After further review of this situation with the winds in Disneyland and the different incidences over the last few years and the one that they just had with Lawanda, Disneyland has trees like anywhere else and shocking, I know, because it's a fantasy land that sucks your money away like an intense gambling habit. You think you're paying so much money that you'd be immune from a snapping tree branch in high California winds, But you're not. The trees behave the same in the wind if there are people all around or not, and if those people are spending a lot of money or not, or if those people are thrilled to be at the happiest place on earth exchanging pens or not.
Speaker 2: You know what you'll appreciate when your kids get older, petros, because at least my girls have turned into this. We get to Disneyland and my wife's like, let's get you guys like Mickey ears many years, and they the first thing they do is turn it over and look and see how much it is, and they're like, no, we don't need to spend forty dollars on these.
Speaker 3: It's forty bucks. Yeah, for Mickey years, it used to be like ten bucks. And they brought your name on the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah forty dude.
Speaker 3: Well, I, despite being a humble sports talk host, believe that this is the case. So be careful, the weather is bad and to see you DoD this week and tune into kfive for the latest. But that's a little bit of history in the last twenty five or so years at Disneyland, where people have been getting blown up by the trees.
Speaker 2: Head on a swivel. If you're over on Tom Sawyer's.
Speaker 3: Island, heads up exactly right, you know, shockingly. You think of would have happened over there, right, you know, But it didn't. I think there was a fire over there.
Speaker 2: If there's a fire, that would suck. How do you get off the island?
Speaker 3: Go Jesus, there's a fire, You get on? What do you mean you get on that? The big river boat with the big.
Speaker 2: Ass takes five minutes to go twenty feet across.
Speaker 3: It's like a fire's coming. It's probably like two feet deep. Probably walk across. It's not.
Speaker 2: I know somebody that fell into that water.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's deeper.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, We'll be back with more Petros and Money, a whole nother hour of Petro's and Money. Fun fact, quick hits, lessons learned, and you're dead in a live guy. Birthday of the Day,