Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begne.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again. We're gotay running back.
Speaker 1: To get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase Day.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: David Vase with you until ten thirty tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. We are alive from Peco Park after the Padres snapped the Dodgers five game winning streak with a one nothing shutout win. We have phone lines open at eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. You'll hear from Dodgers GM Brendan Gomes coming up at ten fifteen about the trade they made for Eric Lower. We'll give you an update on Glass, now Snell, Bruce, Star, Grattol, all of those guys coming up between now and ten thirty. But let's talk about this game and we'll get to you know, the Dodgers and hearing from Freddie Freeman in the clubhouse in just a moment. But Michael King was really good. I'm not going to freak out over the Dodgers offense tonight. Michael King's been good all year long. Is Era's two thirty one now for a reason, So this wasn't just a Dodger thing. But I will say this, he was exceptional tonight. I don't care how good he was. He was probably his best tonight. In fact, his nine strikeouts was a season high in seven scoreless innings. And he wasn't just throwing pitches in the strike zone that the Dodgers weren't hitting. He was dotting fastballs on both sides of the plate tonight.
Speaker 3: He was that good.
Speaker 2: And sometimes you have to acknowledge that he's a really good pitcher, and he pitched really well tonight, and the Dodgers just couldn't do anything against him, and they were frozen with some of these pitches on the corner. So Michael King did his job. Yamamoto did his job as well. One run should not cost you a game, but he was going up against Michael King, and it did. Miguel andw Har's solo home run. The DH for the Padres second batter that Yamamoto faced tonight hit a home run to left field, and that was the only run that San Diego or the game saw. And Yamamoto, the home run problem is a real thing. He only gave up fourteen home runs last year. He's already given up nine this season, and he's on pace to give up over thirty. I don't care if it's the eight to nine hitter. I don't care if it's Miguel Andrew Harr. It's a real thing. But I will say this in Yamamoto's defense, Clayton Kershaw covering him for the last fifteen years of his career, he could live with solo home runs. It was those two run, three run home runs that he didn't want to give up. And Yamamoto really hasn't given up, you know, big time two three run home runs. A lot of them have been solo home runs. So I'll say that in Yamamoto's defense of giving up so many home runs to start the year. And look, the debate is raging on X right now, and I'm sure it's raging on in the chat rooms and at your house.
Speaker 3: And at the bars.
Speaker 2: In the sixth inning with two outs, that ball that got away from Gavin Sheets, the ball in the dirt from the Padres catcher Yodel Duran, who was really good tonight. I'm with Dino Ebel. You don't send Kim, But I do understand the train of thought where you're not getting many hits against Michael King, So why not Gamble in a situation like that?
Speaker 3: And is he safe if he keeps going?
Speaker 2: I would say probably, But as Dino Eble has always said, and he learned from the best, Joe Amalfatano, who is Tommy Lasorda's third base coach for a long time. And Joe Amalfatano tak guys like Ron Rennick and Dino Eble how to coach third base. He doesn't have a yellow light. He can't go back on his DVR and replay whether or not Fernando Tattis Junior was going to overrun the base ball. He can't see that. He is not a fortune teller to be able to know that Tattos is going to overrun the ball. And he should sing Kim. And never was there him waving Kim. He always was looking at where the ball was and once he saw Tattoos going after it and being around the ball before he overran it. He was holding up Kim. He had the stop sign up. He never had the green light up. And I know Tatus is starting at second base. I know Tattoos doesn't have a home run this year, But the reality is Tattoos has a right fielder's arm. He has a very strong arm, and I'm sure dino Ebel was very well aware of that, and that was in the back of his mind because he was in shallow right field when that ball carramed off the wall and was basically around the foul line in shallow right field. So all of those things are pre pitch thoughts that dino Ebel has in his mind. It's not like, oh now I got to start thinking about all these things. No, he's thinking about it before the pitch is thrown, just like a base runner should be thinking where he's going. Outfielder an infielder should know where they're going with the ball, and a hitter having a plan going to the plate. The third base coaches, to me, the most important coaching position this side of a manager and pitching coach in the dugout, and I would venture to say that in the heat of a game, I would say, the manager of the pitching coach, and the third base coach are the three most important manager slash coaches on the field. So I'm sorry. If you wanted me to come on here and crush Dino, I'm not going to because I agree with him. I understand what he was thinking. But I understand as well that what well. I'll have to just preface this by saying, I'm a gambling guy. So sometimes I will hit on sixteen at Blackjacks. Sometimes I'll hold on sixteen, So that's my personality. I'm a very aggressive gambler. So if I'm Deno Ebel, if David Vasse was coaching third base tonight, i would have said, keep going, Kim, because I'm a gambler, I'm reckless, and I'm seeing that the Dodgers can't get any hits against Michael King, so why not gamble? But Dino Ebel, like I said, pre pitch, knowing Tatis's arm is a right fielder's arm. Also in his mind, who's on deck, it's Mookie Betts, who I know tonight had a rough night. He came up a couple of different times, including in that sixth inning with two outs and couldn't get the job done. But Mookie's been swinging the bat pretty well. He's been hitting the ball hard, so I'm sure that's in the back of Dino's mind as well. Hey, two outs, Do I want to get Kim thrown out at the plate and Mookie Bets is sitting on deck? Or do I want to have runners at the corners? King stressed and Mookie Bets coming to the plate. That's what he's thinking before the pitch is thrown. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Jim and Lakenyata. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 3: Jim.
Speaker 4: Hey, David, longtime, first time, lifelong fan of the Dodgers, wondering what you think about just lineup and order. I mean, offense is an early season problem, but it's going a little bit longer into the season. I don't remember as much opportunity to tinker with the lineup card as there was during the twenty four and twenty five championship seasons. You know, we're having to do a little bit of it with Sho Hayes. You know, newfound maybe not hitting on pitching nights, and new guys have been called up as well. So just running your thoughts on to what degree could maybe tinkering with the lineup card even more so than has been happening this season, maybe could get us out of this offensive run.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you would want to tinker.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts has tinkered with it, and I feel like you have to settle into a lineup instead of tinkering all the time, especially with your first four hitters. The Dodgers have lineups and matchups for left handed pitchers and right handed pitchers. It makes sense to move up some of your righties against left handed pitching. But I like the I like Otani, Betts, Freeman, Tucker. I do like those first four. If it's up to me, though, if you wanted to take some of the burden off Otani, and Otani's starting to hit the ball and make action for some action tonight and over the course of the last five games, so I would monitor that. But if there was one thing I would switch, if if I wanted to take Otani out of the leadoff spot, I would have him hit cleanup. I would have Mookie Betts leadoff and Kyle Tucker not very comfortable hitting second. We saw that, but you need a little bit more out of Freddie Freeman, who had a couple of walks tonight, but is oh for his last eighteen. So that's something else to keep in mind. And I don't remember the last time I ever looked up and saw Freddie Freeman in May hitting two point fifty seven coming into the game.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure how much tinkering theirs to do because you have guys that have the resume that helped you went back to back championships, and the the reality is the Dodgers went back to back championships and you had to bring the team back. You got to give them a chance to run it back again. And the Dodgers have some older players, including Freddie Freeman, who's thirty six years old. You have to realize that at a certain point in time in Freddy's career, father time is going to win out, and you just hope that it's not happening now. But at times he does look old. Tonight, he didn't look great at the play, but took a big walk against Mason Miller in that ninth inning that got things started, and the Dodgers actually made Mason Miller look human at one point in time when he walked Freddy Freeman and Kyle Tucker and threw a first pitch ball to Will Smith. Mason Miller had thrown six pitches outside of the strike zone and he threw a seventh, but the ABS challenge helped him out. We all agree in the booth here it felt like that ninth inning kind of changed when the Padres challenged the call that it was outside the strike zone and it turned out to be a strike. It went from a two to zero count to Will Smith to a one to one count, and all of a sudden, Mason Miller got a strike, and all of a sudden he started to be Mason Miller in that ninth inning, and he retired the next three batters in order when the Dodgers had runners at first and second and nobody out against Mason Miller. And that's the thing that Dave Roberts mentioned after the game, that's something we all should have been aware of. I was, I'm not sure who wasn't, But you want to have the lead against the Padres before the seventh inning or they're gonna have a real good chance of winning the game with their bullpen. And we saw tonight Jason Adam and Mason Miller after Michael King went seventh scoreless. Let's go out to Westlake. David, you're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse. How you doing, David, big day?
Speaker 3: Thank you for taking the call.
Speaker 5: I'm a season ticket holder, a long time to surview and also a fan of yours also, but a thank you.
Speaker 3: Not too many people are fans of me.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, we love you on TV and all the celebrations. I've been with you man the whole time. Anyway, a big d you know today in the ninth inning with two men on no oubts, a learning why they wouldn't do a sacrifice, but especially against Miller.
Speaker 3: What do you think? What's your take in the ninth inning?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you've got Alex call who's pinch running for Freddie Freeman at second base. You got Tucker at first, you got Will Smith and Max Munsey. The next two batters they don't really bunt. Will Smith is a really good hitter, a clud shitter. He's been really good against Righty's If it was Let's say, if we're getting towards the bottom of the order, I would say, okay, but in that case, it's your it's your guys that you expect to get hits.
Speaker 3: You don't even need a home run.
Speaker 2: They're guys that get base hits in Will Smith and Max Muntsey, and then you had Paz coming up, So it wasn't these guys are not Those were not the right guys to bunt with, David. But I understand what you're saying. And look, maybe if Will Smith, if they have Will Smith's sacrifice, you got Max Muntsey who could hit a sacrifice fly to tie the game. But man, that would be really hard to swallow your most clutch hitter or one of your most clutch hitters, Will Smith. You're saying, hey, just just sacrifice. You're at bat for a sacrifice bunt that And when was the last time we saw Will Smith do that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Right? I thought, maybe, you know, just to sow them off because you know, like you said, you know Will Smith, it was a good hitter, so maybe they wouldn't anticipate a sacrifie now. But anyway, just a fun you know, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: I tut you.
Speaker 3: It's tough, you know what.
Speaker 2: They had Miguel Rojas on the bench and look if it's ta Oscar Hernandez coming up with thrunners at first and second, nobody out, David, I'm all in with getting Rojas off the bench to bunt. I'm good with that. But it wasn't It wasn't the right time. It wasn't the right hitters because they've been so good, so I wouldn't ask Will Smith.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 2: Thanks to the phone call appreciated. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Celebrate ninety years of racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day. For heart pounding action, new experiences, visit Santa Anita dot com slash events. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk when we come back more of your phone calls. We have three lines open at eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy. You'll hear from Freddy Freeman in the clubhouse and also we'll share with you what Brandon Gomes the Dodgers GM had to say about the trade for Eric Louer and how he'll fit in in the near future. Plus we'll give you updates on Blake Snell, Tyler Glassnew and Bruce Starr Graderol. Yeah, remember the Bazooka had another setback. We'll share that with you when we continue live from Petco Park in San Diego. After the Padres snapped the Dodgers five game winning streak with a one nothing win over the Dodgers in Game one of this three game series on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Vasse.
Speaker 2: David Vasse live at Teco Park in San Diego after the Padres snapped the Dodgers five game winning streak with a one nothing win behind a great pitch game from Michael King, who win seven scoreless innings with the season high nine strikeouts eight six, six, nine to eighty seven. Two five seventy is the phone number. King now lowers his season e LRA to two and a half with a four and two record. Yamamoto takes the loss despite going seven strong innings himself. He had eight strikeouts and two walks. He gave up a solo home run in the first inning to Padres DH Miguel and Dowhar. Mason Miller came in for his fifteenth save of the season. The Dodgers are gonna look to bounce back tomorrow against Griffin Canning.
Speaker 3: I feel like they should.
Speaker 2: And then you got a really good pitching matchup as well on Wednesday, with sho Hey Otani on the mound going up against Randy Vasquez. By the way, Emma Shean's going on four days rest because the Dodgers wanted to give Otani an extra day of rest and have him pitch on Wednesdays for the most part. So Shehan is pitching on I guess by Dodgers standards, sure rest, but by everybody else's standards, regular rest. So keep that in mind tomorrow night as well. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from Freddy Freeman, who did not have a hit tonight, but did have a big walk in that ninth inning to start the rally. That was not meant to be as far as trying to get to Mason Miller. Freddy's in front of his locker on Sports at La.
Speaker 6: Just a good pitching matchup. Great, you know, she made one mistake to Miguel has splitter and got it, and yeah, it's just a good pitching game. And we had some opportunities, but harder score against Mason Miller, but you know, it was just a good pitching matchup tonight, Michael King creates man you're trying to cover really realistic can be almost about thirty inches because you've got ball to strike pitches, you got back door siders that are starting balls coming back. You got front door sinkers for lefties. So it's not just the plate you're worried about. You're got to worry about a whole lot of different things. And you know, he's we haven't seen many backdoor side and me and Max got him, you know, in the first time around. So then it opens up the front door sliders and then I mean the sinkers, and then you look for that and you got changes through those zone. So you know, he just had all of it working tonight.
Speaker 2: You mentioned it's hard to score and Mixon Miller, but does it sing a little bit more when he did have him wild at the beginning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, but we still have really good at that. Uh, I mean there's a silver line to it. I mean, scoring off Mason's gonna be very hard to do, and you know it's gonna take one of those kind of things where you maybe walk a couple of guys and get a bluep It's not really much squaring up going on against him, but we had an opportunity maybe with him throwing a lot of pitches might make him, you know, be down in the next game. You know, you're just trying to have a little wins and in a case of this series, and you know here through that which is night.
Speaker 2: So bullpen has been so good, does it kind of hang over your head when you early?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm they just we know they have a good bullpen. I mean they brought in at him. You got more Holmes sitting down there, Mason Miller, you still have a strata and they got a lot of good guys. So you know, in this kind of series, you know you're gonna have close games, and he just couldn't get done today.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Freddy Freeman, who you know, obviously stated the obvious everybody wants answers. But Michael King was that good. He was he was painting the corners tonight. He was so good, and the Dodgers had no answers and really couldn't do much of anything when the pitcher is pitching that well like he was, and the Padres bullpens so good, including the best closer in Mason Miller. But Freddy Freeman's in a little bit of a slump again. He's over his last eighteen with seven strikeouts. You don't usually see that from Freddy. You don't usually see a two point fifty seven batting average when it comes to Freddie Freeman. So hopefully tomorrow night against Griffin Canning, he could break out.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to Burbanksteen.
Speaker 2: You're on Dodger Talk Live from San Diego High, Steve.
Speaker 5: High Business, Dave, How you doing product?
Speaker 3: Doing great?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 5: You know, list, I think the struggles are part of the ebs and blows of the season. I do feel that the Dodgers could be a little more aggressive on first pitches.
Speaker 3: You know, I think the struggles are over, Steve.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I think the Dodgers struggles are over after what we've seen the last seven games, including scoring forty runs during that five game winning streak that ended tonight. And I know you're gonna say it's the Giants and Angels, which is true. It's against the Giants and Angels, and the Angels are the worst team in baseball in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: But they still did it.
Speaker 2: And you can get confidence and get locked in, get a rhythm, and I feel like a lot of guys started to over the course of that five game winning streak, including two very important hitters in Otani and Tucker.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, I guess I'm referencing a bet. John kind of got the sense. I'm like, don't take the first pitch you're gonna be doing if you're you know, behind on the count. Sure enoughs takes a good first pitch, you know, But you know, I think once we get October, that's when the pitchers start getting a little more tired, our hitters get locked in, and that's almost see them be aggressive. And you know, if it's a good first pitch, you swing and you make these guys nervous. So that's kind of my favorite thing.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I kind of disagree with you and a lot of things that you're saying, because what made the Dodgers so good offensively the last seven games and Dave Roberts said this to us on the pregame show. If you like to go back and listen, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. He used the term that we really haven't heard many managers use. The Dodgers had been earning good hitters counts, and they earn them by not chasing outside of the strike zone. And yeah, at times you get a little frustrated that they are taking first pitch fastballs and you have.
Speaker 3: To be ready to hit right away. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: But what has made the Dodgers back to some semblance of offense the last six seven games is the fact that they are not chasing pitches, and that's what led to big innings in Anaheim against the Angels. And look, tonight was just a really hard game to hit against really good pitching from Michael King to Jason Adam to Mason Miller, and the Dodgers made Miller look human because they weren't chasing and weren't just swinging away right away in the on the first pitch they saw from Miller. So I understand what you're saying. There's a balance there. So Andy pa has is a very aggressive hitter, But what has made him started to get locked in again, is that he's not chasing pitches outside of the strike zone and not just first pitch swinging every time eight six seven, two five seventies the phone number Dodgers get shut out tonight in San Diego. Look, it was just one of those nights. And maybe the thing to debate into tomorrow afternoon will be whether or not Kim should have been sent in the sixth inning if you're just going to gamble knowing that you're not getting many hits off of King, or do you do what don know Ebel did and hold him up and not cost being thrown out at the plate and ending the inning and leaving Mookie Bets on deck.
Speaker 3: Mooki had a rough night.
Speaker 2: He hit a ball hard in his first at bat for an out, and then he came up in the sixth and seventh in the sixth and eighth innings with runners at the corners and couldn't get a hit. In the sixth he swung at the first pitch, it was a pop up to Fernando Tattoos Junior to end the inning, and then in the eighth inning he hit a ball on the ground with runners at first and third. In fact, the same two runners at first and third, Kim at third, Otani at first, and he grounded out to end the inning a force play. So a rough night for Mookie Bets, but he'll have a chance to bounce back tomorrow. Had a chance to be able to talk to GM. Brendan Gomes. I want to share that with you in a moment, but want to remind you that Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card, visit a five to seventy la sports dot com, use the keyword home run, enter your name and you could win. Daniels Jewelers own the dream. Brendan Gomes had a chance to talk to us in case you missed it. Yesterday before first pitch, the Dodgers made a trade for Eric Lawer, the left hander from the Blue Jays who had a pretty good year last year, going from the bullpen to the starting rotation. He's made six starts this year and his ERA is six and a half. The Blue Jays da Fadelaer, which allowed them ten days to either trade him, release him, or have him accept a minor league assignment, and they were able to find a trade partner in the Dodgers, who traded cash for Eric Lauer at Lower has not arrived in San Diego yet, it is expected to arrive in the next couple of days. And with the injuries to glass Now and Blake Snell, not to mention River Ryan just coming back after missing a month, Gavin Stone not throwing off the mound yet, the Dodgers needed some pitching depth and Dodgers GM Brandon Gomes explained what the plan is going to be for Lower in the near future. Brandon, what can you tell us about the Eric Lawer trade and how he fits in?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, obviously Eric's coming off a great year last year, this year showing signs of being effective, but not quite to the level of last year. So, as you know, we're dealing with some pitching injuries and wanting to have guys available to come in and take down starts or you know, go deeper into games. Eric fits into that.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like he's gonna help out in bullpen game situations or be a starter?
Speaker 7: We're leaning more starter as of now. Yeah, Yeah, I mean the biggest thing is to make sure that you know, we're balancing winning as many games as possible, but not you know, not panic and panicking and throwing.
Speaker 3: Our process out of whack.
Speaker 7: Here, So trying to balance the short and long term. And you know, this is a guy that's had a lot of success in the big leagues and somebody that we feel like we can get back to what he was last year. I mean, we've had our guys take a look, and we'll sit down with them and talk through some stuff and see how much we can do on the fly.
Speaker 3: How much of.
Speaker 7: It is conscious subconscious, But you know, we know the makeup's really good and we're looking forward to get our hands on them and work with them to get back and being as successful as he's been in the best.
Speaker 2: And you may say, why do the Dodgers need another starter? They got five, Well, they need a six man rotation to accommodate Otani schedule and Roki Sasaki schedule. So you do need to stick with a six man rotation. And the Dodgers don't want to compromise the help or push some of these guys more than they have to just because there's some injuries that is caught seeing a ripple effects. So instead of going for a bullpen game every week, they decided to go out and get a guy that was available that knows how to pitch in the big leagues, has had success in the big leagues and can give them innings in some length instead of taxing your bullpen. And Brandon Gomes explained the thinking behind that as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, really important. I think, you know, part of the thinking is to not create this domino effect of chasing our tails. So trying to maintain a similar schedule as we've had and when we can get guys extra day's the rest do it. If it doesn't, if we don't need it, or you know, we're trying to line things up in a different way, just maintaining the flexibility to do that.
Speaker 2: Does that buy some time for River Ryan who just came back to stretch out as well, how to see fit with the injuries to glass Now and Snow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, obviously incredibly talented and you know, back to full health and throwing them ball really well. Is lass out and we need some time to get River built top as we've talked about in the past, and a lot of it is like he needs to get out there and be able to pitch deeper into games before we feel good about bringing him up here.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So there was Brandon Gomes Dodgers GM, just talking about the Dodgers needing to get length and not wanting to compromise any of their other pitchers because of injuries to Snell and glass Now and River Ryan. That's the plan to give him probably another couple of starts, and if the Dodgers need another starter or a spot starter to give guys an extra day arrest, River Ryan could be that guy and he could stick.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Tyler glass Now who injured his back and is on the il, from what I've gathered, he's not coming back for at least a month. Bruce Starr Graderol injured his lower back as he was trying to come back from a shoulder injury that has kept him on the shelf for nearly two years. Graderol lasts threw a pitch and professional baseball before this rehab assignment in Game five of the twenty four World Series, so he was on a rehab assignment. He was really encouraged, and then from what I was told, he showed up the next day in Oklahoma City and reported some back issues and his season is very much in doubt, so that's disappointing for our guy, Bruce Star Graderol. Now, as far as Blake Snell goes, I'm sure you heard us on Sports Net LA talk about this. He is going to undergo surgery on his left elbow tomorrow to remove some bone chips, loose bodies floating around there, and doctor Neil Elatrosh is going to perform a procedure that he performed on Trek Skuble with schoolbul having loose bodies being removed. It's called a nanoscope procedure, which is less invasive and could trim at least a month.
Speaker 3: Off recovery, which is great news.
Speaker 2: If they're successful in being able to formed the nanoscope procedure on Snell's elbow tomorrow, that would, you know, put Snell in line to come back in August more than September, and give him some time to get ready for October.
Speaker 3: So that's the latest on all the.
Speaker 2: Injured Dodger pitchers and Tommy Edmunds here in San Diego, and for the first time we saw him run the bases, so you hope that his ankle is starting to respond. Dave Roberts said yesterday every time they try to push a little more, Tommy Edmund's ankle wouldn't respond, and quite frankly, at this point, I feel like it's a pain tolerance issue and it's time to go for Tommy Edmund and his right ankle. So that's a great sign for him to start running the bases because they need Tommy Edmund. They gave him a big extension. He had off season ankle surgery similar to Freddie Freeman before last year, and they were expecting him to be back in May at some point or at the end of April, and now it's May getting through the June, so by the time he starts going on rehab assignments, it's going to be June until he returns saying Key k Hernandez is playing virtually every day in Oklahoma City and he is eligible to come off the IL on May twenty sixth, and he is ready to go, and it'll be great to have keyk Hernandez back. Maybe Kei k will call the show one night if he's born in Oklahoma City. You never know, all right, that'll do it for us tonight on Dodger Talk coming up tomorrow, and it's Shechan on the mound against Griffin Canning. Our coverage begins at five point thirty, first pitch at six forty with Rick Monday and Stephen Nelson on the call from Petco Park. Another note I want to give you about tonight. The last time the Padre shut out the Dodgers one to nothing, it was April thirteenth, two thousand and eight, and it was at Dodger Stadium. The winning pitcher was Greg Maddox, the losing pitcher was Chad Billingsley, and Trevor Hoffman got the safe. So one nothing shutouts between these two teams don't happen all. It was almost twenty years ago, two thousand and eight, April thirteenth.
Speaker 3: Also, want to send out.
Speaker 2: Our thoughts and prayers to all those being evacuated because of the Sandy fire out there in the Semi Valley area. I hope you guys are staying safe out there and don't try to be a hero. If you're being asked to evacuate, you should do it. And hopefully those brave firefighters can find a way to contain this horrible wildfire that is growing. So hopefully they get containment and they're safe as well because they do a great job for all of us putting their lives on the line to save homes and lives. So our thoughts and prayers are not only with the people that are in that fire zone, but especially those that are fighting the fire as well. Thanks to Colin me back at our Burbank studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Peco Park in San Diego. Is great to be back on Dodger Talk. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow after you know. Don't want to brag. I was four and oh on sports in LA. Not trying to say anything here, but the five game winning streak comes to an end as the Padre shut out the Dodgers one to nothing.
Speaker 3: Fox Sports Radio is next. We'll talk to you tomorrow. See them the first time, fou