Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeartRadio app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade, and the voice of the Bolts Matt money Smith. The answer is money.
Speaker 2: There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming.
Speaker 1: This is the Petros and Money Show on the home of your world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers. Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app and you'll feel Mike Yes, Pink Yeah, Tam, Tam Tam, I wait a long time for this. What you want?
Speaker 2: Show some Money five seventy l A Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio App. Dodgers already in the books from the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth. They knocked off the Nationals on thirteen on the Scoreboard show, hel Tani with his first home run of the season. Kyle Tucker and Mookie Betts home runs as well at the top of the order. If you missed Dodger Talk from earlier today and always loved Tim Kates or David Vasse wrapping it up, it was DV from NAT's Park doing it for like four hours.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that long?
Speaker 2: Maybe six? That is available on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Head on down and nuss it up, bark, everybody's happy. Well, we'll replay Don McLean and we'll do the Dead and a live guy and then we'll be done. And it's a big Flex alert coming on Monday clock o'clock, one o'clock. We'll go from one to three.
Speaker 2: Oh, just super Fly. Just worry about how it effects super Fly. No, I am worried about how it affects us. It's their time slot. They're doing an hour and we're doing two. Hey, it's another holiday. But it'll be right before the gratulations friend, right before the championship game in the NC Double A. That's pretty exciting, right man? Really get a preview? Going to a preview?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: I really like the post defense.
Speaker 1: I really like this Illinois Michigan all Big ten matchup. Let me tell you what I what I saw in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about ev Sitch Thomas and his brother podcast the show on the sure we can do that too.
Speaker 1: Yes they lead, they lead the Big Ten in Baltics. Yes they do. But but but you could podcast a show on the iHeartRadio app and you can stream it live there as well. It is now time for the final hour fun Fast.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, We're three fun fun.
Speaker 1: Fact drop to you by Concordia Universities Irvines Masters in Coaching Program. Transform your sports program and your life by applying for the summer term which starts on May eighteenth. Go to CUI dot ed u slash coaching.
Speaker 2: We have celebrated I believe his name was Tom Monahan, the founder of Domino's Pizza in a Birthdays in the past.
Speaker 1: And Arbor, Michigan. We have done that like Pizza Hut which started in hemet right in a hut and then you're thatched hut in Liberia.
Speaker 2: We have mentioned the Domino's logo has three dots because that's how many stores there were in sixty nine when they came up with the logo, and the plan was to add a dot for every store that opened. We can but did you know when Dominos was sued by Domino's Sugar, those dirty dogs at Domino's that said somehow people would confuse pizza for sugar. The litigation lasted five years, from nineteen seventy five to nineteen eighty. In that timeframe, they had fifteen locations changed, every one of them a pizza dispatch until the case was settled.
Speaker 3: Over over pizza dispatch. Pizza dispatch, copy that pizza dispatch. Pizza dispatch, Go extra cheese, go for pizza dispatch. They were able to change it back in nineteen eighty when they won the dispute. Pizza dispatch.
Speaker 1: That is a fun fact. I did not know that. All right, it's time for the quick hits, quick hits. I'll make it quick, y'all. Yeah, Dodgers are five and two. They blow out the Nationals today in DC MS. She Han got boofed up, but he also got the win.
Speaker 2: He got boofed, but he got boofed as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean hundred pitchers. He got helped by a lot of offense. Five home runs, hear them all.
Speaker 4: Michaels with the one zero. Old Tani launches to right field and we are tied. The first home run of the season for show. Hey, old Tani, A game tying three run laser over the wall.
Speaker 1: In right field.
Speaker 2: We got a brand new ballgame in DC.
Speaker 4: He o one. Now Betts lifts one in the air left field. This one struck pretty well on the warning track at the wall.
Speaker 1: It has gone.
Speaker 4: Mookie Betts goes into the Dodger bullpen, his second of the year and the Dodgers second of this inning.
Speaker 1: They now lead five to three.
Speaker 5: Now Pie has turns on a bottle left field in deep and that one is gone inside the pole and way gone for Andy pye Is, who stays red hot, as do the Dodgers here against Miles Michaelis.
Speaker 4: They are now teeing off on the right hander. Their third home run gives them some breathing room seven to four. How about this portion in the middle four, five, and six combined four to six. But Freddie Freeman launches to right field and it is gone into the second deck above the Dodger bullpen. Another home run for the Dodgers, and that's how the middle of.
Speaker 2: The order gets involved.
Speaker 4: Freddie Freeman and a two run blast two ounce bases empty for the Dodgers. In the seventh, leading by seven, Kyle Tucker the better first pitch and Tucker rifles one in.
Speaker 1: The air to right field. It is out of here.
Speaker 4: And Kyle Tucker is on the board in blue. His first Dodger home run gives him a dozen in.
Speaker 1: DC play all their highlights. Guys, go all play them all, mail it in. We played the whole Miagi Birthday seen earlier. Happy Birthday, Tim, Kate, Otai, Bets, Pie Has, Freeman, and Tucker all going dude.
Speaker 2: That's five horns for five Doggers.
Speaker 1: Thirteen to six win combined. Seven for seventeen. Were Otani, Tucker and Bets coming in. None of them were hitting over two hundred, but they had three jacks, eight ribbis and five runs scored.
Speaker 2: Today now their averages are like over six hundred.
Speaker 1: Doing way better, just like Javionasse did, like a seven hour Dodger.
Speaker 2: Cut him loose, excuse me?
Speaker 1: Cut him loose?
Speaker 6: How you heard me?
Speaker 1: Your son of a bitch?
Speaker 2: Cut him loose.
Speaker 1: The Angels are getting loose to three and four. Whoa, they're at home tonight, home opener versus the Mariners read debt Meers was gonna get the start at the Big A.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't wait to see what that crowd looks like. You know, I believe some folks were comparing what the crowds looked like out there at Dodger Stadium compared to the Big A.
Speaker 1: Check in with the Lodge Lee. We'll let you know the latest coordinates on the demographics of the Angels.
Speaker 2: You guys gonna send a fifty three thousand per game? Huh huh?
Speaker 1: Are you oh you got a Yoshi babble ahead? No you don't. What are you gonna do something for Solaire? Shut up? Congrats and the pirates. Connor Griffin, congratulations. Connor nineteen year old called up today. First at bat, he delivered you let seven. You can hear Karing in the gap. Connor Griffin in a.
Speaker 3: Second runner waved.
Speaker 1: Here's the throw.
Speaker 2: Nothing do yo be believe it? First at bat, signed a one hundred and fifty million dollar contract before ever playing in the BIGS and delivered immediately he would score on the very next pitch.
Speaker 1: Well on the major leagues, Corn, Welcome to the NHL man.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the NHL Man.
Speaker 1: I beg your mom, Cornor Connor walking to the NXL man corner, counter corner, walking to the NXL.
Speaker 3: Man, Matt.
Speaker 1: The Lakers took a real punch to the solar Plex last night. Yeah, you want to talk about Solaire, What about the solair Plex that they got punched in.
Speaker 2: Last round sixty to thirty in the first half down ninety to sixty in the third quarter. They lost by one hundred, but they lost even more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Luca blew his handy. He isn't whys out there when they're down thirty and they're already rubbing his hand me down on the sideline.
Speaker 2: Done for the regular season, status for the playoffs uncertain.
Speaker 1: It's ober. That's it. There goes all the momentum right out right.
Speaker 2: It's over greatest year in LA sports history.
Speaker 1: Poo, I'm glad you wrote that story the other day.
Speaker 2: Right, that's why you do it. You get ahead of it before they play. Ok. See when they get blown off the floor, people are dropping f bombs on Austin Reeves. He's dropping f bombs on them.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you buddy, all that's left is brownie. James can't take the ball down.
Speaker 7: The court, so good conjoining his body and changing the angles of its finish as he gets insert.
Speaker 1: The length and he's up to twenty eight versus the second. The SCO in the NBA turnumber one w defenders defense to offense for the thunder. He points off a turnover.
Speaker 2: And here he is second time, fourteenth to Joe.
Speaker 1: They got it again, Wallace. They're playing keep away the love. Oh, it nearly went in and it does largest lead of the game. That's why it's so tough.
Speaker 7: Like a lot of people at home can say, or we can even six stare he should double team Sgaight they stealing again?
Speaker 2: Well that Wallace now feels like he's got six rs. Must be like you're trying to bring it up there like he is Vishnu. That's that's Nihim and based on vish New Wallace.
Speaker 1: The Clippers are thirty nine and thirty eight. They're the ninth seed in the West. They to the Spurs last night. Matt was there. They're off until Sunday when they play Sacked town Sacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so we mentioned a little bit earlier. Thanks a lot Mitch packed house. Everybody excited to see Victor wembin Yama. He's like twenty two years old, and we got to arrest him because it's a back to back. He played all of twenty eight minutes last night against the Warriors.
Speaker 1: Somebody did an interesting study about all these primetime these NBA partners and the Amazon and the ESPN and Channel four, NBC and all that and all of these big games they have and how many times that the star player that everybody's tuning in for wasn't even playing in that big game. It is not desirable. No results.
Speaker 2: Two of Dome's a beautiful venue. It was packed.
Speaker 1: It's a great place.
Speaker 2: People were excited.
Speaker 1: It's built for basketball.
Speaker 2: And then in the warm ups, everyone's like, and I'll see a seven foot four guy out there. That guy's kind of tall, but he's very white and has a headband. Oh that's Kelly Olynyk. I don't see you know.
Speaker 1: What, Matt. I went there and I swallowed it. I said, whoever's planned, it's okay with me.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: The final four is sat not playing tonight U.
Speaker 1: Con versus Illinois and Arizona versus Michigan on Saturday and Indy. You can hear those games on AM eleven fifty and then the championship game on Monday night on AM eleven fifty.
Speaker 2: Look at that got basketball all over the place in this joint. Put it on the sisters in this joint. Sometimes you gotta laugh.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, let's blow this joint. Matt, Tommy Lloyd will not be going to North Carolina and raising up. He's gonna stand Tucson in the Dirty Tea staying. He's going to dirt Bags. He signed a new deal five years. Everybody thought he was going to North Carolina. Sorry, Kenny, steven A, but we want this guy that's got a buzzsaw in Tucson.
Speaker 2: But he is not going. Reportedly, they offered to make him one of the two highest paid coaches in college hoops, but he will stay at Arizona. I would assume he is one of the two highest paid coaches in college hoops by staying in Arizona. So good luck, Kenny. Maybe steven A can politic for you to get the UNC job on his fancy morning show.
Speaker 1: Women's Final four has UCLA taking on Texas in a few minutes over in Phoenix. Lady Bruins, Sweet Your Lady Bruins show a record. The t SIPs beat the Lady Bruins, handing them their only loss of the year early in the season. What's going to happen tonight? I don't know, Phips, I'm covering it. NFL owners approved changes to digital content rules, matt opening up more value creation opportunities across thirty two teams. Updates include fewer restrictions unsponsored social content, expanding streaming rights and the ability to use highlights on TikTok and Instagram.
Speaker 2: You guys get to use highlights. Get after that on the TikTok. It's gonna be great. My profile is about to go through the roof. All these dances I've been doing have not gained any traction, but now that I can attach some charger highlights to them, man, you just wait.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward Matt to seeing how you can exploit this content to your own advantage as an NFL employee. And we'll return with more great sports talk on AM five seventy Sports Talk. We'll talk hoops, then we'll do Dad and Alive, and then we'll get to Fox Sports Radio because we're done for the night, and so's.
Speaker 2: Luca taking the afternoon off.
Speaker 1: Luca's taken the might even not even be able to playoff. Oh no, so some some respect. Petros Papadakis, not Money Smith. This is Petro Send money.
Speaker 2: On demand, petrosen Money AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. If you're in the Greater LA area, maybe posted up at work today owing those uh buds or the headphones and what you have on that iHeartRadio app Dodger Baseball. That's right. It is available through the AM five to seventy LA Sports tab is the g Offence if you're in the Greater LA area.
Speaker 1: Geofence is still up and not manipulated as much as it used to be.
Speaker 2: I have not handed over the password, my man, I still control it. You got to call me for access. Thirteen to six victory earlier, Otani. That's Talker all with home runs earlier today. If you want to relive Dodger talk, it was on for like four hours, feel free to do that on the iHeartRadio app as well.
Speaker 1: Joining us right now on your Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline. Here in the Talk Tournament, here to talk who, Here to talk off season, draft analysis and preparation with CAA final far coming up this weekend. We've got the leading scorer in the history, the BAC twelve. His statue in Lemon Park stands above the white people of Siami Valley, white people, letting them know a hero walks among you here in Ventura County, and his name is Donald Clan. The next ask he kisses will be the first. He is the baron of Box Canyon and he's here once again on his favorite time slot a Friday, to get ready to discuss what's new in the world of hoops. Hi, Don, how are you?
Speaker 6: I'm doing great. We have had a good run of Friday's here for the last month or two, haven't we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know where you like that. You like to lather up those you like to grease those skids on a Friday. Gotta get down on Friday, like Rebecca Black, Camp McClean is getting started. Yeah. The kid that seems like is that Cooper flag there whistling in the background, as as the young man the young millionaires march to your gym with c AA to get the year started down. You coach the hell out of these guys and help them get ready for the draft. And it's something you've done for a long time, and you're not just doing some jibbronis off the street that are gonna make the g League at Jieberni talking about lottery players every single year. How's camp McLean's shaping up this year?
Speaker 6: Don, It's gonna be good, a little different than last year. It kind of cycles, because you know, when you spend as much time and energy and resources as you do on a kid like Cooper flag. You know, the next year maybe it's not as big, but then the next year it comes back again. So we don't have as many top top guys this year as we did last year, but we got we got a good group. We have three guys still playing this weekend, a dime, Ors Johnson and Silo Stemmery, and so we'll wait for them to come out that We'll probably give them some time off and then they'll come. But we got a good group, good good guys that are hungry, that probably have second round grades right now, or at least that's what their ranges. We're going to try and get them into the first.
Speaker 2: Don You mentioned it and it felt like a long shot when they were sitting at fifteen wins, the worst record in the league, and not looking like they had any interest in winning any more games. But Pacers have won two in a row, they're playing a lot better basketball, and they now have more wins than the Wizards and they are tied with the Nets. Point being those lottery balls don't bounce their way, and the Clips could be in line for the number four overall pick. As someone who's done his due diligence on this draft. What would we be looking at if the Clips are lucky enough to step into pick four or five or six or something like that in this draft.
Speaker 6: Well, the interesting part is they got Darius Garland in a trade obviously this year, but a cuff I think is right in that range, that number four player. I don't think he's going to get into the top three. But Darius a Cup of Arkansas, really good player. I really like him. He's not one of our guys, but just watching him at the end of the season, he's got a pro game already. So if it does happen, it'll be interesting to see what the Clippers do. Maybe you draft him and he kind of learns behind Garland and some of the other Clipper guards. But anywhere you pick in the top I'm going to say the top twelve this year, you're probably getting an immediate rotation player, guy that can step in and play right away.
Speaker 1: The one and only Don McClain is our guest. Don. You mentioned Adai Mara still in the final four this year. Recently you mentioned thinking Michigan was the best team, and you called a bunch of big ten games all season long. Do you still feel like Michigan's the best team left after watching the way the tournament has played out.
Speaker 6: I do, but not by a lot. You know, that game tomorrow is going to be just I hope it's what it looks like it's going to be on paper, because if it does, it's going to be one for the ages. I still think Michigan has too much side. You know, Arizona has mauled people on the inside, bludgeoned them in the paint, at the rim, offensive rebounding. I think Michigan has enough size if they want to go big with that big lineup with Mara, Mares Johnson and Lendeboord that they can. They're not going to stop it, but they can slow it down and I think that gives them the advantage. But they have to make enough threes. And I think because Arizona doesn't shoot a lot of threes, that's always kind of the equalizer. If you if they cut off one thing, but we make threes, we can still win the game. I think that's going to be the difference. If Michigan can make enough threes, they win the game. Probably going away.
Speaker 2: Other game, don Illinois Yukon thought of everybody assumed it was going to be Illinois and Duke after Illinois knocked out Iowa. But but Duke watches an eighteen point lead disappear. I'm guessing you watch the game. People are saying that that Mullen shot is in the conversation as the greatest if Yukon goes on to win in the history of the tournament. Your thoughts on that shot, how hard of a shot it was to make, and how unlikely that win was.
Speaker 6: It's a lot like Lightners, wasn't it. Yeah, Well, wasn't a design play. That's the difference Lighteners. They designed that play. I'm sure they practiced it and they executed it. Mullins was a bang bang. The interesting part about that Mullen shot for me is he had been struggling from three. He hadn't been shooting it well. And when you're as good of a shooter as he is and you're struggling, it becomes in your head like you start thinking about it, you start pressing, and you start missing more. Well, in a play like that, there's no time to think. You just react, and if you're a good shooter, you make shots like that. But give him credit, give the whole Yukon team credit for understanding time and score, how much time they did or didn't have, and he made the shot. But I think this, and I thought this during the year. I think Illinois is going to beat them. I just think Illinois, with their size at all positions, are the biggest team in the country. I'm not sure this isn't a vintage Yukon team. They're good. Obviously they're in the Final four, but I just think Illinois if they same thing, if they make threes. I'm not sure Yukon has enough inside because they have multiple guys that can guard read it kind of even if he scores, they can use fouls and just kind of overwhelm them. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Michigan Illinois final.
Speaker 2: You'll be able to hear those games on our sister station, AM eleven fifty tomorrow here and there. You hear the Clippers on AM five seventy as well. Before we get to the clips, though, don the Lakers last night, A lot of people talking about okay and measuring stick game, this is what the playoffs are going to look like, and man was it ugly. It was sixty to thirty in the second, it was ninety to sixty.
Speaker 1: In the third. I got think it was got interesting.
Speaker 2: What should we take away from an absolute beating from a team that looks like nothing can stop them?
Speaker 6: Now? I think a lot, Matt. I think, Look, the Lakers, I feel like have done a little better than what people expected this year, and there was some expectation there, and they're in a good spot. But if we're talking about winning the whole thing, or at least winning the Western Conference and getting too the finals, you saw last night how far away they are from that team. And I'm pretty sure Oklahoma City talked about that before, Like, Okay, these Lakers think they got they got enough, and they're playing better and they've won a bunch of games. All right, let's let's re establish who the best team in the West is. And it was pretty obvious last night that's what happened.
Speaker 1: I don't know, don you know, it felt like they had a pack that they weren't even gonna let Bronny take the ball up. I think they Yeah, they might have had a little bit of a yeah, and it was only on back to back to back bringing the ball.
Speaker 6: But I would say that, but I would say this guys like Oklahoma City are defending champions, and if you go on ESPN or all these websites, there's so much coverage of the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm pretty sure the thunder were like, you know what, let's like, I said, let's re establish who the big dogs are around here, and they made a statement. And I think if you're a Laker fan, you feel good about the team's pretty good and they're going to finish wherever in the West, but like they have no chance against Oklahoma City in a seven game series. Zero.
Speaker 2: There was another measuring stick game in town last night. Don I witnessed it firsthand, even without wembin Yama. The Clippers were absolutely eviscerated down by twenty by the end of the first quarter. They made a run late and then found themselves on the wrong side of a twenty three point loss. I think is ultimately what it became, same sort of thing when people were saying, well, you know, the Clippers get the seventh seed. You got a young, inexperienced Spurs team, and it certainly did not look like that at all. Last night.
Speaker 6: You said it, Matt without win Binyama, Yeah, and it looked like that so what's it gonna look like when he plays? And if you do get into a series with him, I mean it's Look, if you're a Clipper fan, same thing. Do you feel good that the season started as bad as it did and he rallied and you're now going to be in the playing But like, if we're talking about winning the West, it's not even close. It's not for them either.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Don you tell him, Don McLain bobvious, he sure is. Matt was there, he saw it proved beautiful stadium though it is. Why were you there, Mat, No, just had.
Speaker 2: Somebody give us a suite for the kids and stuff and took the whole life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: It was a great experience until Yeah, you saw Wembin Yama walk out with street clothes and you're like, oh, yeah, everyone's really excited to see that guy play, and this place is sold out and people were here for the tip and there's that guy in black pajamas are Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got thrown out halfway through the first quarter, thrown out of Matt Sweet. I was drunk and so disappointed, disorder. Don are you surprised Tommy Lloyd is staying in Arizona? Who's Who's North Carolina going to hire it.
Speaker 6: I'm not surprised Pete that he's staying, but it didn't it seem like for the last couple of weeks he was for sure taking that job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way he was talking with his big head first.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I for sure thought he was taking the job by how he was responding to questions and all that. But look, Arizona's a great job, always has been. And I was surprised when I was thinking that he was taking the North Carolina job. And also I was thinking was they're probably doubling his salary or something like that. But the fact that he stayed in Arizona probably helps them tomorrow against Michigan because the players might have been thinking, well, you know, he's not telling us, but maybe he's leaving, and you know, we don't plays harder as well as we can. So I think that adds to the game tomorrow. But to who North Carolina is going to get, I don't know. They've always kind of kept it in house and tried to have somebody with ties to the school and all that, but I don't know who that is now. But a lot of guys have gotten a lot more money resigning with their own schools because of their name being affiliated with that North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Like the football season with Penn State.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, exactly, Donna just sticking with the college then, because you mentioned we know the names like the band staff and how much money he got from BYU and Peterson the kid at Kansas. You mentioned a cuff from from Arkansas, Caleb Wilson, North Carolina. Who's the best Who's the best player left in the tournament? In the final four?
Speaker 6: Oh, that's a good question. The best player left.
Speaker 2: Said Lindenborg.
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it regular?
Speaker 6: The highest? Well, the guy that's going to get drafted highest is Woggler and then probably behind him Lendeborg. And I think Lendeborg has shown he's got another gear here late in this tournament, so I wouldn't be surprised if Lendeborg's the best player this weekend and on Monday, if they do win tomorrow. I think Woggler's going to be a terrific player at the next level. I don't think he's ready yet, but because he had such a great year, he's going to get drafted, probably in the top ten. And Lendeborg's probably somewhere between ten and twenty. But I think Lendeborg. On Monday night we'll be saying was the best player this weekend, the.
Speaker 1: One and only Don McLain. I think if you put your ear by the ten freeway you can hear the whistling tall young man coming out for Camp McLain marching and Unison ready to get worn out so they can improve their draft status with the best of the best.
Speaker 6: Hard you need that sound. Maybe we can warm up to that sound every morning. Yeah, app yeah, right.
Speaker 1: All right, Don, have a great day, Thanks for doing it. Enjoy your weekend, all right, got Don McClain. Everybody, We'll be right back with your Dead and Alive guy Birthday of the Day on This frog Man Friday on The Petrosen Money Show, Live everywhere and podcastable on the iHeartRadio app. This is petros Money on Demand, mercifully coming to an end. Is the Petrosen Money Show on This frog Man Friday. We hope you have a great weekend and we will feature Dodger Baseball prop out beating out to Petros and Money Staples. Theodoros colocotronis beating him out. Is Charles Wilkes, The scene two hundred and twenty eight years old today and navy man. Matt had an interesting life. Born in New York City in seventeen ninety eight. His great uncle, John Wilkes was a mayor of London, Okay. He lived in Europe. He spoke French. He explored the northwest of the United States as a navy man, and the sack Town River and Singapore and Polynesia and the Cape of Good Hope. He got around in the US Navy.
Speaker 2: It's very easy to do. In the eighteen hundreds, it was not, and that is why he.
Speaker 1: Wrote a narrative of the exploration, which was published. Now you take a trip to Portland, you write a story about it. I got a blog something really good. Better have happened, you know better? Not just a bit you had some artisanal cheese.
Speaker 2: Hey, as can you do a vlog of all your trips La pee to you go to like rusted and you like, do a vlog about all the stuff you did, and we'll put it up on a empire.
Speaker 1: Boss, Are you gonna pay me extra?
Speaker 2: No, but we need content on the internet side. Do a vlow.
Speaker 1: Well, then you know, you go to Oregon, you can write a story about it people, But hey, I went over there, I saw this probab these trees narrative of the exploration.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 1: Pretty early exploring the Northwest, even before Kit Carlson and Fremont, the Pathfinder Matt Fremont High Home Love Pathfinders. He's famous because not because of his stories about Oregon. He's famous because with the Navy during the Civil War, he had the command of a boat, the USS Jacinto, which was a frigate that patrolled the Confederate coast as part of the blockade to sink one Confederate ship that they could not get that was going around and just pirting the hell out of the whole globe. The CSS Sumpter, the Confederate Sumpter, was an unbelievable boat that just could not They finally got it in the English Channel of all places, put handing the tailpipe. But this, this was this guy's job to get the blockade runner, this Sumther, and he was posted in Bermuda. And this guy, Charles Wilkes, swooped two Confederate commissioners that were headed to Britain on a mail boat because you know, the Confederate government had commissioners to go and lobby for their cause in France and in England. And there were two guys on a British mail boat, and he stopped the mail boat, swooped the boat, shot off the bow, grabbed the commissioners, took them to Boston and threw them in jail.
Speaker 2: A terrible man of the law there. You know now, I could have blown you and let you drown in the waters here, but I'm taking you back to Boston for a proper tribe.
Speaker 1: It almost caused a war with Britain. It was a terrible violation of British neutrality and the UK was incensed. It inflamed all of Britain, not to mention Bermuda, and Lincoln had to immediately disavow the action and release the diplomats back to the mail boat to go.
Speaker 2: Back to blew it off, Get back on that boat. There's no front to it.
Speaker 1: I got Chiles Wilkes. As we've seen often with people who screw up, Bado was kicked upstairs, reassigned in Bermuda, where he continued to exasperate diplomatic relations with the Brits, the French, the dush the Danish, and the Mexicans. How did he do this. He lingered in ports he set up over there, he's lingering. You gotta get out of here. You're a warship and it is a neutral port. Sir Lincoln, what are you doing? He set up illegal coal depots. Well, I'm gonna dig some coal. I'm gonna do it right now.
Speaker 2: You just want some coal? Got it at a discount here?
Speaker 1: That's no chorlan, sir, Well, I just found it sitting here. He was court martialed and suspended. Finally, its speculated he was Herman Melville's motivation for the rigid and angry and unyielding Captain ahab of Moby Dick, because he was such an angry guy. Sir, you can't take these you can't take these diplomats. In the Civil War book I read, Lincoln was pretty pissed off. I mean, Britain wasn't gonna do nothing. Britain. Britain, you know, they were not going to do anything. Neither was France. They didn't want to get involved in the Civil War. And but they you know, there was some sentiment towards the South in those parts of the world. Their looms were empty, you know, they couldn't get any cotton. Matt and something like that, snatching those two guys off the boat by their callers and throwing them in the clink in Boston and upset a lot of people. He died in DC at seventy seven as a rear admiral.
Speaker 2: Good run, good run, don't care about your international law. Used two are coming with me, sir. This is a British ship. We'll be there in two weeks.
Speaker 1: We recognize these men as legitimate commissioners of their government.
Speaker 2: Commissioner smam missioner. They're coming with me.
Speaker 1: He did what.
Speaker 2: You're a live guy. Happy birthday, Adam Paul Scott. He is fifty three. One of the all time great performances as an Ahole brother in the history of film. Derek Huff, what is.
Speaker 1: Your problem, man? My problem? I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't have a problem day. Oh actually I have the opposite of a problem. I made over five hundred and fifty K last year. How much do you make? It's not about money, No, it's not about money. Well, for me, it's a little bit about money, and I made that much money last year. I am the VP of the biggest executive helicopter leasing company on the Western Seaboard. Okay, I haven't had a carb since two thousand and four.
Speaker 1: Check these out. See these see these boys. This is what I live with every day. I lather this up with keels in the shower.
Speaker 4: I want to touch this ship.
Speaker 1: No, I want to touch these bad boys.
Speaker 4: Sorry, not gonna happen. There's something you want.
Speaker 8: Look, I promise Mom might offer you a job, and I told her acount as our Christmas present.
Speaker 1: So no, I'm never gonna work for you.
Speaker 2: Fine, I don't care.
Speaker 8: The truth is I h I just smoked a jay out my car a few minutes ago. So feel a little spacey and see what's up with you?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 8: What you looking at? Kimasabi?
Speaker 2: You you want to punch me right now? You want to punch me right now, but you won't.
Speaker 1: You want to punch me too, brennant.
Speaker 2: You guys both look like you might want to hit me in the face. You do, I can tell, well, why don't you do it? Why don't you punch me in the face?
Speaker 1: Punch me in the face?
Speaker 6: Oh my soulder?
Speaker 5: Awesome, Bob, Bob, Hey, Derek, you know what's always good for shoulder pain if you lick my buttthole?
Speaker 2: Adam Paul Scott. Now he's one of the biggest stars thanks to his role as Mark Scout on one of the best shows of the last decade, Severance. He was born in Santa Cruz Harbor High, came down here to the Academy of Dramatic Arts in at twenty one, he was cast as Griff Hawkins in Boy Meets World and from there He's just chasing it man. Six episodes A Murder one, seven episodes A Party of Five? Is Josh sounds like our guy? Seven episodes of Wasteland sounds like Ed. Yeah, I like it. I hope this works out for Ed, like it's worked out for Adam Paul Here he did a.
Speaker 1: Couple one off better than David l. Lander, certainly best actor in LA Not Working.
Speaker 2: I had a couple NYPD blues Ers CSI Miami. Same with film. He's Hell, Razor, Bloodline, Aviator, Monster in Law and Knocked Up Hey. All small roles, proud, proud work, small roles in each of those.
Speaker 1: All work, small, meaningful work man, even the work at Orchards of Asia.
Speaker 2: After Step Brothers, he's like, this guy's funny, this guy's this guy's really good, and he starts getting a lot of the comedy roles, particularly, he hits Paydirt as Ben Wyatt on Parks and Rang. He's in the Inner Circle. He's doing adult swim mockumentaries. And then HBO is like, we think you can maybe do a little dramatic acting, Adam, what do you say big little lies? As Ed Reese Witherspoon's Hubby, And in twenty nineteen, Ben Stiller approaches says, do you want to star? And my new show, Severance takes off, not just the show, but a show that spawns shows about the show, podcasts and YouTube shows and things like that. He got two Emmy and two Golden Globe nominations there, one for each season. And he likes animation. He does a lot of that. He's got a couple right now, one called Loot, another or No that was a regular show. Inside Job and Strip Law are both adult animation that he's doing right now. And he's got three movies coming out this year, married, two kids. I think he lives here now.
Speaker 1: I've never liked that guy. I've never seen Step Brothers, I never watched Severance. I am aware of this man, and you could not fit a tack in his mouth.
Speaker 2: Hell of an actor. Way to go, Adam Paul Scott, he is fifty three today.
Speaker 1: Said for US Fox Sports Radio's coming up next, it's all been exhausted.
Speaker 2: Happy man, Harvey Day.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'll tell you what. I don't know if anybody still would gather that as a reference, but I'll tell you who's fresh and ready to go if you meet him out of the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Even though their time is pasted. Us Rogan and Roddy. You know what, we got to the end of the show. We had moved past it. Cut him loose, Cut him loose. You know, two hours and twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: That's like you have Richard Ramirez in handcuffs and some guy comes and tells you to cut him loose. Hansey the key said, cut him loose.
Speaker 2: Not gonna cut him loose.
Speaker 1: He's a murderer.
Speaker 2: Not going to cut him loose, mobster.
Speaker 1: Not cut them.
Speaker 2: They're doing at least thirty minutes here, No, cut him loose.
Speaker 1: I got nothing to do.
Speaker 2: Can we be the people on the street. Then they just beat the crap out of Richardna Mirror's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have to cut him loose. I'm you gonna take calls. It was a big day for Old Tunny's get easy on, Manny, have a great night, everybody. Petro send money back on on Monday, but it's an early show one to three.
Speaker 2: Oh, so they don't work today, and then we take two thirds of their show on Monday, we take no Petros in money time slot time. We take two hours of Rogan and Rodney after David Vasse took two hours and fifteen minutes of Rogan and Rodney today.
Speaker 1: All these all this scorekeeping making me Thursday, Matt, let me buy you a surf side vodka. Let's get out of here.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what, that's tomorrow
Speaker 1: Friday