Speaker 1: Join Man. I keep saying this in the copy.
Speaker 2: I don't know why it says this, but didn't say like join meat, sauce and whatever. And then they joined just join Muss. It says join the Muss. Oh in Miller Lite at Duke's Pizza Pap and Oakdale next Thursday.
Speaker 1: We were just throwing the in front of everybody.
Speaker 3: Now, well, now the rest of us are going to be offended if next time it's like, hey, join Corey COVID's such and such.
Speaker 1: Well, wait a minute, what happened to the the Yeah? Right, the John Kriesel joined every Friday on this show, I'd.
Speaker 4: Be like taking away the serve. Yeah, sir John, just Oulton, John, thank you. And I need to get knighted. Yeah, calm down, Sack.
Speaker 1: I got knight come out over.
Speaker 2: Sach's definitely been nighthime. I got knighted in high school Saint Paul and or Carnival. They came to the cafeteria in front of everybody. It was great, very ceremony.
Speaker 1: Right, I got pictures. Yeah, I'm sure you do.
Speaker 2: Join the Muss and Miller Lice at Duke's Pizza Pub and Oakdale Great Spot next Thursday from five to seven stop, buy for drink specials, games and register for a chance to win a spot and the Vikings Foundation Golf Tournament. All the details now at cafe dot com Heuret Golf.
Speaker 3: The muss d monks currently watching the biathlon where they would cross country ski for a whole bunch of kilometers and then have to shoot accurately and if they miss, they do penalty.
Speaker 1: Laughs. Yeah, that's crazy. Look at the crowd for the biathlon, it's gidantic.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, apparently we were watching earlier the skiers when they would get across the finish line collapse like they've been shot. Well, one of them apparently did buy the biathlon shooter, so that's said terrible. They're fine, it's a little twenty two. Yeah, no big deal. Should we do so be begun? Yeah, let's do the news. Yes, is KFA News with Chris Hockey. Good morning, and for Chris Hockey, I'm Zach Calverson.
Speaker 1: We begin with our top story.
Speaker 2: A cannabis facility is being proposed as a replacement for a now canceled entertainment center. If the cannabis project comes to fruition, would create at least eighty five full time jobs with an average wage of about sixty three thousand dollars up in Saint Cloud, Minnesota. According to Saint Let's the university would generate over six hundred thousand dollars in annual tax revenue. It's a great idea about The proposal still needs to be approved by the Saint claud City Council.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Zach, how much how much would you have to be paid to quit this job to go work at the cannabis factory? Sixty three thousand dollars if I had to put a number on it. So what you're saying is, if that facility is listing you are available. You can still do hockey play by play and yeah grow you know, we the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: To be a You could be a tester. Yeah, you could be the guinea pig. Yeah, man, test the weed guinea pig.
Speaker 3: I love that. That's a good that would be a good bit for you. Do they have bathtubs in Sant Cloud?
Speaker 2: Yeah they do. I have been in a Do they have die coke? I've actually been in a couple. Yes, they do have die coke.
Speaker 3: So you could go to valves, you could go get some of these weed. Yeah, diet coked. Oh jeez, yes, yeah, excuse me, get the weed first.
Speaker 2: And this this is big news too on this front in the in the THHC world, the judge is ruling that Minnesota companies are allowed to ship hemp products directly to consumers. The order stems from a complaint filed by cannabis lobbyist and a partner with the Minneapolis based consulting firm Blunt Strategies. But I was filed on behalf of several business owners. This is a big deal. Actually who make and sell hemp derived actually technically are all hump derived products. This is hemp derived products. The complain argued with the with the ban and shipping hemp products to customers directly doesn't comply with state laws. So they were The big problems is you had a lot of companies in like Saint Paul Minneapolis, who made a lot of their business by shipping their products to outstate residents who are using it for you know, health purposes and stuff like that, and they were all of a sudden that that was not going to be allowed. So that's good that that that is will will be allowed, So good for them. We mentioned the oldest curler ever, oldest Olympian ever. Really, technically, Friday the thirteenth might be the luckiest day for someone out there in the jackpot and tonight's Mega Millions worth three hundred and eighty five million dollars. That works out to about one hundred and seventy four million if you take the cash option before tax. This is one in two hundred and ninety million. Are the odds.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me there's a chance. It's not zero. No, it's not zero. Just pick the right numbers.
Speaker 3: It's not that hard, right, Or why would you try that when you have to pay for tickets when you could just try to win the initials jackpot for one hundred and nine thousand, five hundred dollars in a little over an hour and.
Speaker 1: That's free, there is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well you just have to be the caller, ye, which is not easy. It's the hardest part.
Speaker 4: A couple of zeros too, but days still a lot of money, yeah, change a ton of money.
Speaker 2: Let's see here, the Minnesota Twins are planning to use beer as a lure to draw fans.
Speaker 1: By the way, did you see the story already? I did? Yeah, this is all perfect.
Speaker 2: Draw to get cassianos here two dollars beer. Yeah, so the team will offer two dollars beers before weekend home games all season long.
Speaker 1: Fan will be able to Fans will be able to buy.
Speaker 2: Low class brew before the first pitch of every Friday.
Speaker 1: And Saturday home game.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, season ticket holders will be able to get two dollars pre game before every home game Monday through Sunday. Ticket Twins will have another offer on Friday nights as well. It's a pregame happy hour deal with two dollars beers, hot dogs, and snacks. Also new this year, free ice cream for kids twelve and under on Sundays.
Speaker 1: Uncles are going.
Speaker 3: To be obliterated this season at Twins games.
Speaker 1: Just obliterating.
Speaker 4: It's pretty genius. Bring the tailgate party inside.
Speaker 1: That would be more genius.
Speaker 5: Will be putting a productive or entertaining tame on the field.
Speaker 2: Correct, But no, let's not do that. Don't let's get gimmicky.
Speaker 1: You know where you can get cheaper beers at home?
Speaker 5: Yeahs or see it absolutely cchs Field. That is a great product that's fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have like two dollars beer nights where they can get it all game long, and it is hilarious because people go there, they get in line, they get the beer, they do a lap with the beer on the course and get right back in line again. Yeah, it's it's a wonderful thing. Cchs Field Saints Baseball just a couple.
Speaker 1: Of months away. So much fun, so much fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as John is one hundred percent correct, put a good product down the field, don't worry about all the other stuff much People would probably pay. So again, two dollars beers, it's a target field. Well yeah I don't Yeah, yeah, I am. You'd rather have them be what price? I mean, they're normally like fifteen bucks, so what price is better?
Speaker 1: Fifteen dollars if you but if you add like let's say, let's say.
Speaker 2: This offseason they signed Kyle Tucker, right the number one free agent.
Speaker 1: Don't you're worried for it?
Speaker 2: And they maybe made a move for like another starting pitcher, and they hadn't just traded away even though Carlos Korea really didn't live up to the billing, But they didn't trade them away for like a thirty five year.
Speaker 1: Old ve just so they could salary dump in.
Speaker 2: I think more people would be excited for absolutely than two dollars beers.
Speaker 5: My wife isn't going to the home opener. That'll be the first time and forever. That tells you something. She's a diehard.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So no, that's nice, nice job poll ads, right, you go.
Speaker 2: I mean it's just ridiculous. You guys want to hear from bre Tennis. Yeah, always, because about twenty one million Americans, they're Friday, today's day, and it's Friday the thirteenth, the first of three this year.
Speaker 1: Pre tennis with more.
Speaker 6: There is no scientific evidence today will be any better or worse than any other day.
Speaker 1: Yet the superstition lives.
Speaker 6: Some buildings don't have a thirteenth floor, many airlines don't have a thirteenth row, and you'll be hard pressed to find a thirteenth street. And fear of the day will lead to a loss of about nine hundred million dollars in business. But superstitions usually come with rituals, So look for a lucky penny and if that doesn't work, look for deals.
Speaker 1: I'm pre tennis my deals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why needs I like the fact that you disclamored with it's not scientifically proven that a superstition isn't real.
Speaker 3: Well, but again, minute tours are they came through the world of forecast craft portal and they're now among us, and he Sauce might.
Speaker 1: Hook up with one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Randy also believes in mermaids. Probably does, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sau Let's say Margot Robbie from the top half is Margot Robbie.
Speaker 1: The bottom half is a mermaid. No thank you? Do you make out with the top half? Yes? What about the bottom half? No thank you? What percentage of you is interested? No thank you? Like you woudn't even consider it?
Speaker 2: No thank you? Kel's listening. No John, you know, John was like say no right away. Oh God, I got it. And you're being polite by saying no thank you? Yeah, thanks, go a long way. I think the mermaid is really going to like that you're polite, Randy. They have the chesty parts right in. Listen there, chesty parts.
Speaker 1: Zach doesn't know the vernaculars. Yeah, I mean you could have just come out that way chesty park. You don't know what they're called. Leave the man alone.
Speaker 5: But what if Mark Robbie turned into like an Ariel situation where she got legs and then couldn't talk.
Speaker 3: Like splash, Yeah, like splash, like Daryl Hannah and splash, pull your hands up, Ursula, what hawk, He's not even here and you're asking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he might be listening.
Speaker 3: He would right, well, land Ursula because she also temporarily was in human form and kind of a smoke show. I think he'd sleep with either they're both land form, either one landform and sea Urchin.
Speaker 1: Urchant. Yeah, with a t he would.
Speaker 3: Ursula's mean yeah, but then why would he sleep with Ariel because she has those chesty parts.
Speaker 1: There's the title of the podcast, the chesty Parts. Love you.
Speaker 5: We'll figure out when I'll be in, but I'll be out the next two Fridays.
Speaker 1: I love you guys.
Speaker 5: Go to my website John Cresa dot com Book me for your next event. Would love to speak share my story with your crew. John Cresa dot com. Love you guys, Go USA.
Speaker 3: Yes, Go Usa, well said, let me grease all right, Sauce and sports in a second, Marnie Gelling.
Speaker 1: The right around the corner initials.
Speaker 3: One hour from now, Power to Morning Show fan, all right, Welcome back, Power to a Morning Show. Corey Cove meets saus Paul Lambert, Zach Alverson's over there. Mark Parrish is still here. Marnie should be here in a second. John cries allow at the door. A little about an hour from now, we'll play initials for one hundred and nine, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: But the sauce A lots going on in the world of sports, and you're here to tell everybody about all of it. Him. It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around, your Timber Tech deck building contractor thank you all Around.
Speaker 2: Well, the US men's hockey team smashed that be a five one, although they did struggle in the first kind of but then they flew away in the second and third.
Speaker 1: They also had.
Speaker 2: Two goals that were called off, but they win five to one. The United States battles Denmark tomorrow at two ten.
Speaker 1: Zacho or Parish. Who's ever over there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, As we talked about earlier, a couple of disallowed goals certainly made the score a little bit closer, and a lot of posts as well, including one by what was it brock Nelson had a disallowed assist, a disallowed goal and a post in the first period, but obviously he rebounded. Had a pretty good game, obviously, and that's to be expected. I would say the same should be expected against Denmark on Saturday afternoon, and then again just getting through this preliminary round and then after that, as they say, you're on your own. But good start for the men. And it's always fun. And when there are so many Minnesota shoutouts, I love it from you know, the wild players we have. We have a lot of connections on there. It's kind of it's fun to watch bolding in favor and all those guys doing their thing. The US women battle Italy to day at two ten after they dismantled Canada.
Speaker 1: Is there anyone anyone that can beat them? Apparently not.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously when we get at the metal round, it's probably going to tighten up a little bit, especially against Canada. But you know, as long as they play their game, stay focused, don't you know? Hockey is a tough sport in terms of when it comes to upsets.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: You know, you could run into a hot goaltendor certainly, but it won't happen today. Could it happen in the semi finals or the finals potentially, But they seem to be on cruise control right now. And I won't do the whole destiny destiny line because it's technically not sure.
Speaker 1: You can't control your own destiny, but yeah, don'd you.
Speaker 2: But with that attitude, Perry, I just asked Zacho and we talked about the men beating laf Via five to one and then the women battle Italy today. I don't think there's anyone that can beat the US women, right, not.
Speaker 4: If they play their game, absolutely not, if they're all skating, if they're moving their legs, if they're playing the same game that we've seen them, not just throughout this tournament, but for the last couple of years, this squad.
Speaker 1: I mean even in pre tournament games.
Speaker 4: They were stomping on Canada in Canada ten three or ten four one game.
Speaker 1: So they know what they're capable of.
Speaker 4: And you know, I gotta I'm really interested to ask Taylor actually and what did heck actually feels like to be kind of the big seed, the favorite absolute to win the Olympics. There's got to be some pressure there too. But that being said, they relax, play the keeps, play the same game they do. And you know what I love about them too, is they just have so much fun out there. And when you're having fun out there, you stay and relax and you're just able to keep your mind free and play your game, and it just looks like they're having a blast and kicking.
Speaker 1: It well, said Chloe. Kim won silver yesterday.
Speaker 2: She tried for gold but couldn't do it, But she won silver yesterday and the halfpipe.
Speaker 3: Yep, she was trying to become the first Olympic snowboarder for the US to win three straight goals. I actually, I think just overall, not just US Olympic snowboarders, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Anyone has ever done that.
Speaker 3: But she was close a couple of golds and then a silver this year and lost to a seventeen year old from South Korea.
Speaker 1: Snowboarders are always pretty young. Yeah, in general, did you did anybody see that one crash? Like I did not.
Speaker 4: There was a snowboarder, this female, she landed like right on the lip.
Speaker 1: Oh, it looks awful.
Speaker 4: She breaks something. She got back up and continued like she kept competing. She was she was all right, I'm sure, I mean, there's she's absolutely hurting right now, but oh it's it's yeah. On that half pipe, if you watch, she goes up and she comes down and kind of loses where she is and lands more on top of the half pipe and down the slope. It was Yeah, it got my attention. I as an old hockey player, I had.
Speaker 1: Or rewinded watch it a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Well said, the Timberwolves are off until February twentieth, a week from today when they battled Dallas after the All Star break. But they are on the All Star break. The All Star festivity start today and run through Sunday. Yes, yeah, I mean, like we've talked about before Core twenty years ago, you were like, hell yeah, I would watch like the sophomore freshman game. That was fun to watch, the dunk contest when it was people you knew was fun in the All Star Game, even though it's you know, not great defense. It's the world's greatest pickup game. Now it's just there's no reason to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not exaggerating. I won't watch a second of it.
Speaker 3: I've been more pro dunk contest than most in the last twenty five years because I think there's been some awesome dunk contests mixed in with a handful of really bad ones.
Speaker 1: Like when Mac McClung first showed up, We're like, who that?
Speaker 3: Why are you letting this kid do it, and then for three years he basically put on an absolute clinic and did dunks that we didn't make a roster, but did dunks that we didn't think were possible. So it's like, cool, be creative, do stuff that we haven't seen before. But the beauty of the dunk contest is the second that dunk goes viral, you can see it on social media, so you don't have to watch a second of it. I'll see all the cool dunks on social and we'll move on. Yeah, so I won't watch the second of tonight, tomorrow or Sunday, and I think my life will be better for it. Likewise, Yeah, I won't watch the second of it. Yeah great, Just so I'll just watch, Like, is your showback on Nathan for You on HBO Max instead? What about You're So Good Your Sword?
Speaker 2: You see in the film, the p I, the Personal Investigator Private Investigator episode and Nathan for You?
Speaker 1: Uh, I think I've seen almost all of them.
Speaker 2: You'd have to remind me which is the guy Like, uh, he doesn't have any Yelp reviews and uh, that's fun, and so he wants to give him aye that's mad turns out to be a porn star from back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great bit, Nathan for you.
Speaker 3: Highly record. Nathan Fielder is a genius. I freaking love that guy. He's so funny. The rehearsal as well, it was like a half hour to the punchline. That was the rehearsal. That was you you wait an entire episode just so he can play Evanescence, and you're like, man, this guy is a he's an artist, and he's unlike anybody else that's going right now. It's worth your time if you've got patience. Might not be a show for you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm out.
Speaker 2: The Gopher women have won seven straight after they beat Nebraska last night eighty four to sixty seven. They have four games remaining. They battle Wisconsin in Madison on Sunday at five pm. They will most likely play in the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 3: So the Gophers have you know, one of their stars is a Maaya Battle. Yeah, so she will battle who She will battle Wisconsin on Sunday. So Battle will battle Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, I was going to do keep talking so I can do.
Speaker 3: I don't really have anything else to say, so yeah, Well and discuss who are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Amaya Battle? Yeah?
Speaker 2: She averages ten and a half points a game, seven and a half rebounds, and three point eight assists a game.
Speaker 3: That's off the top of your head, right, unbelievable. Do you really know women's basketball number three point guard? Yep, same one. Yeah, Maya Battles for Topkins. You're all over the sports scene. They went to, uh, a Gopher women's basketball game, didn't you?
Speaker 1: I did? Yeah, because you told everybody about it.
Speaker 7: Hi, Martie, any chance her brother's name is Jamison and her dad's name is Tourelle.
Speaker 1: Let me just stop the top of your head. It doesn't say it on the website I'm currently looking at, But yeah, I didn't know that. Is that really? It's jameson Battles? Uh? I mean looking did?
Speaker 7: I would need Sauce to confirm on his on his What I'm informational.
Speaker 3: What I'm trying to many is what I'm trying to prove, Marty, is if you don't know that, because I didn't know that until you just said that. If you don't know that, you know what's awesome to do once in a while.
Speaker 1: Check look it up.
Speaker 3: Just just say you don't know, I have no idea. You're going to say you didn't know it. You're yesterday with the shaming that.
Speaker 1: The figure skating was.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, we'll talk about like five minutes. I can't wait. Uh, let's see here, Marns. I said, the Wolves are off until Friday. Will you watch any of the All Star Action?
Speaker 7: I typically like to dip into the slam dunk competition, so.
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 2: The Gopher Men have seven regular season games left. They will battle Washington tomorrow at eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: That's my Valentine's Day plan. Thanks you and I are going to sit out and watch that game.
Speaker 1: She's very excited.
Speaker 3: Cute, yeah, very very excited, and I think to get ready for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Are Washington Gopher date.
Speaker 3: We are going to watch the NBA Celebrity game tonight because she wants to watch the creator and co founder of Dude Perfect, Cody Jones play, and of course, like I mentioned earlier, I would like to watch Charlotte Hornet's co chairman and governor.
Speaker 1: Rick Schnall play.
Speaker 3: And sauce you said, Kel wants to watch Taylor Frankie Paul from the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives are dumb questions niche rosters. Yes, Marti, what is your favorite song that multi platinum producer Mustard has produced?
Speaker 1: My husband, I'm awesome.
Speaker 3: That'd be if he has an alter ego and its multi platinum producer Mustard.
Speaker 1: That would be great. Is like you get to list in front of you and like you got the celebrity thing. Yeah? Is the words celebrity in quotes? No? No, okay, so this is not ironic. Wait tell me somebody else who's in that game?
Speaker 3: Brazilian soccer legend and two time FIFA World Cup champion Cofu.
Speaker 2: He averages a goal and a half a game, two saves, one bicycle kick.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable, Thank you? He does it all true, there's no soccer.
Speaker 7: But when you average multiple goals and saves.
Speaker 1: Yes game, Yes, you are leading to score more than one? Are you tomorrow?
Speaker 2: When you watch the Gopher Washington games? C K Tyson, who averages nineteen point four points a game. Yeah, my Valnce time today?
Speaker 1: Date? That sounds fun, Marns.
Speaker 3: You know who needs to work with multi platinum producer Mustard is Marshmallow.
Speaker 1: Don't you think it'd be a good mix that Marshmellow.
Speaker 3: And Mustard that's a gross cul Wow, Mustard's awful. No Mustard is name one song of his mustard. Let's not call him awful. I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: But I know it tastes. Heard of this guy.
Speaker 7: All forms of mustard, like all of them, the best honey mustard from.
Speaker 1: Nothing. I want, Yes, sir, what if nineteen and a half points?
Speaker 3: What if seven foot six former NBA player Taco Fall gets tackled by Mustard and technically then Mustard is on Taco?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I thought so that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I like ran into that problem a couple of times in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Dear God, Hey, you made it weird, man, I made it weird. I knew I was.
Speaker 3: Talking about food. You made it weird. Zach your hands up. So I'm going to see you because I think you're smart enough to get this.
Speaker 1: I doubt it.
Speaker 2: So his name is DJ Mustard, right, can you tell me what his first name is?
Speaker 1: Dijon? You got it. You're so good at this. Is that how he cam up with the name? Oh yeah, Dijon Isaiah McFarlane. That's not bad. First recognition.
Speaker 2: His work on Tiger's twenty eleventh single This was Big Rack City Tommy.
Speaker 1: Tommy City. He drives pretty quickly. Yeah, yeah, got his eyes on the road, his eyes rose can't wait to get out of here. He's got some good, good credits, not like us.
Speaker 3: I've literally never heard of him, so I hope he's a big deal. It's this multi platinum producer. So he's he's done well. He's never heard of him. Maybe the kids love him.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 2: Tw Pictures and Catchers reported yesterday their first full squad workout is Monday.
Speaker 1: M All right, oh, Twins Martins, did we talk about your thing? Whoa?
Speaker 3: We all the thing from a week ago that you told us? Did we talk about that on the air? Can we not say that? You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Oh? You can? You can? We did not talk about it? Well, go ahead, and then because I didn't know if that was a secret. No, But it's cool though. Now you're making an announcement and that's weird.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I'm not trying to make an announcement. I just didn't know if it was a secret or not. That's talk about why I was trying to be vague ocause I didn't I didn't know if I was putting you in a bad spoty.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not trying to make it.
Speaker 7: I think everybody that needs to know I told last week, So it's not a secret got anymore.
Speaker 1: So fire Away, what are you doing this summer?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm shifting a little bit in my professional life and it does involve the Twins, and it involves the Links and I am moving on from Links broadcasts, so I will not be doing play by play or the Links TV broadcast at all, and I will be going back across the street over to target Field. And a lot of it has to do with just schedule and just responsibilities, and it has nothing to do with.
Speaker 1: I like one team or don't like another team.
Speaker 7: It's more just personal preference of having a little control over my schedule. So I'm doing pregame and post game for the Twins, a forty game package, so it's not even half the games, but it's enough that it keeps me in the loop and with the team and lets me choose when I work more than working around as schedule, which is what I've been doing for twenty some years in the summer with the Links. So they've been wonderful to me, and everybody over there wished me well and was like, thanks for thanks for the time, good luck, So shifting gears a little bit, no more Links back to Twins.
Speaker 1: See you this summer at.
Speaker 3: The All Park Links lost Twins game gain Right, that's awesome for the Twins. Sure how much of your decision had to do with the idea that sometimes the Power Troy Morning Show goes to Vegas in the spring or the fall, and you want to keep those dates as open as possible of it.
Speaker 1: I knew I liked you. That's the right answer, because you have to do it always sucks more like, Hey, we're going to Vegas. You're like, I have a Links game. They deal It's like, what like that? Well, that's I'm just doing a morning impression. She does go to Vegas. Who cares? So if you just do forty.
Speaker 3: Games in the summer, that leaves basically the six months of the fall and winter in spring almost wide open.
Speaker 7: No, because I saw parts of Wolves games. Hopefully, although we don't really know the future of Wolves broadcasting as it exists, I think that is changing in real time. Oh, but the point is it's it's not a very flexible schedule when you work for our team, because their schedule is your schedule, so you work your life around their schedule. And now this gives me a little more flexibility to work my schedule around the life.
Speaker 3: So you didn't want to make an announcement or make a big deal of it, But can I make an announcement because this is something that is not announced yet?
Speaker 1: This is still secret. All right?
Speaker 3: You are not going to be main vocals now main play by play for the Minnesota Links, But you know who is?
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 3: Here with an example of what his play by play will sound like for the.
Speaker 1: Links is the fans.
Speaker 3: Paul Lambert, Hello, everyone, Welcome to Links versus the New York Liberty Round one of the games. Here we are what a pass? What a sweet shot? Here we go basketball.
Speaker 2: They're flying down the court, pass back to pass, shoot or touchdown.
Speaker 1: Scene That guy felt hell if you ever yeah sure, yeah, yeah there tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go non bit for a second. Okay, let's say Abbot Tomorrow says your career at Kathan depends on you helping out with some kind of a play by play job, Like we need you to fill in for somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what sport? What level? What league? Would you be? Like? If I'm going to do this.
Speaker 3: My best chance of being successful is blank baseball baseball play by play, Yeah, just because you just tell stories in between and stuff where you show.
Speaker 1: It, I would free show it. I would You know what else I would do?
Speaker 2: I would call Common, put the phone on speakerphone, put it on mute, ask him a question, and then I just do this, just let him talk, let him go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, baseball and then mentioned once in a while. Three two count yeah three two common bases loaded. This is sponsored by uh Sprite. We all love a good refreshing sprite in the summer. And strike three betters out ball rolls back to the mound, pictures, walk off back to you Common the brake, Yeah, oh yeah, and maybe back after this.
Speaker 2: Your twins are down fifteen to ten in the second.
Speaker 1: At least we're scoring too offensive output by the Twins. Yeah, pitching's bad. Yeah. What would you say if the ball was hit in the air, Well, you know what I do, would sex But in the air?
Speaker 3: Where in the infield or the outfield? Because I think it is a different explain it to us, but I think the outfield is a fly out. In the infield is a pop fly? Are you sure?
Speaker 1: No? Would you like a consultant to call you.
Speaker 2: I would yeah, maybe, yeah, yeah, Well what would your home run?
Speaker 1: Callby?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: I can't take that. That one's too good. It would be sitting along the lines of there we go, deep fly, deep center field and gone by?
Speaker 1: That would be my bit.
Speaker 3: Are all home runs deep flies? No, some are shallow flies. Some of them are line drives.
Speaker 1: Some of the home runs are shallow flies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need you.
Speaker 3: Need a consultant, You need somebody to man explain this to you. Well, it's not gonna be me.
Speaker 1: Do anyone anyone? Oh here? I mean, I mean Carrie always could do it. Who's Carroll is? She's an actress?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How about last year? Pablo Lopez?
Speaker 1: That's not right that we're just stacking bits. Yeah we are.
Speaker 2: He had a four eight e r A, a whip of one point nine. Wow, he won fifteen games season, lost ten zero.
Speaker 3: Marnie, Zach and Parrish. What do we believe Sauce knows what whip stands for?
Speaker 2: Or not?
Speaker 1: Just thinking that now?
Speaker 3: Again, this is the future play by play guy.
Speaker 1: For the links, So give him a little give them a little bit of a race. Knows what whip stands? Does he know? What whip stands for? Don't google it. I'm gonna I'm texting Pat.
Speaker 4: He does play a lot of MLB the show. Is that something that's in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But is it one of those like numbers that the higher is better? So you really don't even name to know what it is? As long as it's I don't even I don't even know what it is, I'm I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 1: So there's a couple of those. Is it walks, hits, innings, pitched? Yes, got it? I listened to the game. I kind of said that in my head, but I didn't believe that was Ye, that should have been. Yeah. So that's the Zach's question. He's having a high whip or a low whip? Better? You want a low whip? Look at you, dude, You know stuff? Thanks man, I could He's right, he could do. I'd be good at it, that's right. You comment on me comment, I think dead. I think have it right now?
Speaker 3: Is feeling pretty grateful that we have no baseball rights currently on KFA.
Speaker 1: But if I like tried, tried.
Speaker 2: Is the key word, And you didn't let me have my phone and I had to do nine innings without my phone and I really tried and put my mind to it. I would be good at it, not like Marnie or some of the other people who are good at it, but.
Speaker 1: In a positive way. Marni's good at it. I'd be good at it, not like.
Speaker 3: Like not good like yeah yeah yeah, not good like you and not good in the traditional way. No, i'd be I mean, i'd have not It would be exactly as a man. I would be at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: The basement for your abilities is pretty high. Yeah, because all you have to do is start talking and like, oh credibility, yeah, oh I got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I would get you know, a quick run through from somebody would call me and tell me the difference.
Speaker 1: I've run out of bits to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can tell It's all right though, right, Viking's News in a second, even though there's really not much, but we can find something to talk about.
Speaker 1: Then Fan five at eight and then don't.
Speaker 3: Forget at about eight fifteen, one of you get to crack at.
Speaker 1: One hundred and nine five hundred dollars with the Initials.
Speaker 3: Game six fifteen in the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials Jackpot. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 1: I never for production meeting. Yes, it's like no Vikings news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even though it's brought to you by our friends at Radco.
Speaker 1: Thanks Radco Wales. Could we just do headlines instead?
Speaker 3: We almost never get the headlines on Fridays anyway, because we play initials and then the show kind of wraps up.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. Now it's time for headlines. Him, Marnie Hyparis. Are you guys wonderful? Yess are great? Man, you guys are doing great. I don't tell anybody. I don't want to ruin my rep Uh.
Speaker 3: The FBI has increased the reward for information about Nancy Guthrie to one hundred thousand dollars. Man, the uh. We mentioned it briefly yesterday. This, this freaking documentary is going to be fascinating. The idea that somebody, somebody claims they know the identity of the kidnapper and they're demanding money, not for Nancy's return. They want bitcoin to rat out the kidnapper. But they want it in bitcoin because they believe that's a way that they cannot be traced back because of.
Speaker 1: Their own safety.
Speaker 3: But I'm thinking, if you know who kidnapped her, my guess is the list of people who know who it is is very small, right, Maybe the kidnapper has a crew or a group of two or three people that know. So it's like, if you're the kidnapper and then somebody says, I'll tell you who it is if you give me a bitcoin, which is like whatever, sixty seventy thousand dollars, wouldn't the kidnapper know?
Speaker 1: Well, it's either Bill or Frank. Those are the two people I told.
Speaker 3: So, man, there's so many questions about who the hell knows and what is happening.
Speaker 1: In a scam. They're just trying to get mine.
Speaker 3: That's another fear is that some of the ransom notes or some of these threats have not been credible or verified.
Speaker 1: Especially now that the.
Speaker 2: Rewards up to one hundred thousand, because bitcoin was like they're asking for one bitcoin, which I think we'reun that this time now is valued about sixty seven thousand, So now six to seven you need to you would make thirty three thousand more by just going to the straight to the source.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But then it gets traced back because then the FBI knows who they're paying. Yeah, but this theory is is that they hope to stay anonymous by just getting the bitcoin and not having anybody know who it is. That's the difference, right, Your anonymity is worth the thirty three thousand dollars. That's the theory. I have no idea. This story sucks.
Speaker 1: Sucks. It's the worst.
Speaker 7: I can't believe that it's been this long two weeks and there's as far as we know publicly anyway, basically enough, you know what that is?
Speaker 1: Shocked? What was it like two days ago?
Speaker 3: And maybe this all happened behind the scenes, but this was publicly about two days ago.
Speaker 1: There was a headline that.
Speaker 3: Said investigators are asking for neighbors ringcam footage, and I thought, shouldn't that be day one?
Speaker 2: Well, no, they were looking for like a long period of time, so it started. I think they initially did go kind of around and and got like that night, but then they were now they're like asking for a month's worth.
Speaker 1: Oh right, because they thought maybe the first scouting, yeah, the area a month ago.
Speaker 3: That makes more sense because well, my kiddo first got her car and she went to her friend's house and if she parked there overnight, she got her car toad. But we thought it was stolen for a couple of other reasons that don't need to be aired, but one of the things when the cop showed up was we asked a handful of neighbors like, can we check out your ring cam to see if this car was stolen, because obviously we can. There should be some motion, we should be able to see it. Well, that's when we a couple of neighbors were nice enough to show the cop immediately like we didn't need a warrant or whatever, we just can we see this And they're like, of course. And then we saw that it was toted at like three o'clock in the morning, Like, well, that's best case scenario.
Speaker 1: Then we can give go get the car. We'll figure it out. It was awesome.
Speaker 3: But my point was is we didn't need any paperwork, We didn't need a judge. We just needed neighbors to be like, yeah, you can see it if you want.
Speaker 1: I don't care. So I just thought it was strange that it's well, they're asking for ringcam footage.
Speaker 3: Zach's story makes way more sense to get all the way back into the database to look for surveillance and see if any car was in the area. Area multiple times that maybe it shouldn't have been or isn't from that area. That's interesting, and I headline was very misleading.
Speaker 2: I watched the video that somebody took of them driving through the neighborhood, and some of the frustrating aspects of this as one is, there's.
Speaker 1: Only one way in and one way out of that neighborhood.
Speaker 2: So if there was any sort of license plate reader or some sort of camera, this would be a heck of a lot easier, but there just isn't. And because of how windy the roads are and how kind of hilly it is, the ring cams that they do have aren't.
Speaker 1: Going to show much of anything unfortunately.
Speaker 2: That's plus there's some deal with I think the University of Arizona where they don't allow street lights there, so it's an extra. It's very very dark because they do what they have. I don't know what the right the words are, but like they've they do the sky stuff, the telescopes and stuff. There's a telescope in the area, so they want to keep it dark, so they light right. So it's really just a perfect storm of it is unfortunate circumstances, and this poor woman who hopefully is still out there alive. We just every day, you hope you refreshed your feed and you see something new, and we just really haven't.
Speaker 7: Did anything come out of that white tent yesterday? I saw that.
Speaker 2: Actually really, so they were able to determine the height of the suspect and some other stuff. They basically they've uh filmed some high quality stuff there and then we're able to, like you said, determine the height and kind of.
Speaker 1: Okay based on relative things around.
Speaker 7: Re enactment almost is what they were doing. Oh so it wasn't like they were taking something out of the house.
Speaker 1: They didn't want people to say no.
Speaker 2: No, It was all about okay because that was where the where the footage we do have was taken, and so they were able to use the stuff in that scene.
Speaker 1: Let's let's fast forward for a.
Speaker 3: Second, because you know, it doesn't feel like it's going to have a happy ending. We're all hoping that it does, but it feels like it's going to go the wrong way just because it's been so long, and you know all those shows like First forty eight, right, like good if you can figure something out or find somebody in the first day or two normally it turns out. All right, I'm starting to get pretty pessimistic that this is going to go the wrong way. But can you imagine, let's say the dream scenario comes through, She's fine, she's alive. They at some point find her or get her back or the ransom, whatever happens. But can you imagine in a couple of weeks, if she's doing interviews about what her life has been like the last couple of weeks. Yeah, like those are going to be can't missing interviews. I'm gonna stop everything and be like, oh man, Nancy Guthries on NBC tonight and she's sitting down with whoever, and she's gonna walk through how she was taking, what happened.
Speaker 4: See how much money they offered maybe.
Speaker 1: Agency the exclusive interview.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine watching that breakdown offered me a lot more?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: It would be yeah, darn cute. Who cares about the documentary? Right, Let's just have her talk about it. It would be unbelievable. Martins.
Speaker 1: You go first, We're going on the room, all.
Speaker 3: Right, what percentage of Americans consider themselves to be bad cooks? And by the way, when we go around the room and answer her guests admit yes or no, whether or not you believe you were a good.
Speaker 1: Or a bad cook.
Speaker 7: I would fall into the category of bad cook.
Speaker 1: You believe you're a bad cook.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I have no problem admitting that I try. I'm just not that interested and I like other people to cook for me.
Speaker 1: Must be rough.
Speaker 7: The buttok he is, yeah, and much better than I. And I would even say Grady for sure is a better cook than I am.
Speaker 1: Here, you know what I do. I heat and I boil. You got that?
Speaker 2: You got that signature cream cheese and egg dish, don't you?
Speaker 1: Did you play cream cheese and you scrambled eggs cottage cheese? Yeah?
Speaker 7: That literally involves cracking an egg, putting a little.
Speaker 1: Eggs let.
Speaker 7: Scoop of cottage cheese, and a splashbag white.
Speaker 1: That is I guess that's cooking. The rest of it is heat twins this summer or Food Network door dash.
Speaker 3: All right, So you're saying you're Americans.
Speaker 1: I think that they are.
Speaker 7: Most Americans would say they're either good or fine, but wouldn't be in the bad category.
Speaker 1: It's got to be twenty.
Speaker 2: Percent, okay, Zach, I was thinking about Yeah, fifteen percent, and no, I am You're not good make a mean mac and cheese.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Parish craft as far as in the kitchen, don't have many skills there.
Speaker 1: But I can grill.
Speaker 4: I mean you know what I mean. I can grill a steak, chicken, anything on the grill I can handle. And Doug did a pretty good job there. I do believe not no complaints at least at home. I mean, they know I beat him. It was sure, you know that's the way it is. What's tough in the parish house. Sure, I would say, though, yeah, I like the bad I'm right with Marns and Zach.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go. What did you say, MARNI? Twenty one percent.
Speaker 2: Saw uh yeah, I am a pretty good cook. And I would say thirty.
Speaker 3: Uh Forty three percent of people claim that they're good, thirty percent say they're okay, nineteen percent consider themselves great. According to this survey, around seven percent say they're bad cooks seven percent.
Speaker 4: I would I'm surprised way there's more talent out there or more liars.
Speaker 1: What about you, Corr, What do you say? Heat and boil? Heat and boil? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: The only thing that I don't put in the oven or toaster or microwave. The only thing is noodles, which is just boiling water and dumping noodles in and that's it. So I don't make anything else. So by definition, that means I'm a bad cook. Right by definition, so one hundred percent, I'm in that bad category. But clearly I also have no interest in doing it. I'd rather find the most convenient way it's possible to get the food as quickly as possible.
Speaker 1: Am I alive? I don't know. Wish I was a better cook. I like, I.
Speaker 7: Will try and I will get into a recipe and I will be so frustrated and I'm googling like every step.
Speaker 3: So I don't do home improvement projects, same reason, right on this step, and you're like, this whole thing screwed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what hot ass Randy's for. What does it mean? How do you? Oh, yeah, it's hot ass Randy. I would doubt it, but he's good at everything else.
Speaker 3: The only thing I wish I could do for myself and my family is like desserts and crap. I wish I could be a decent like cookie baker, cupcake person like that.
Speaker 1: That looks kind of fun. But that's my dad.
Speaker 2: Fix it the bowl and portion it out on a cookie baking sheet.
Speaker 1: Portion it in what way?
Speaker 2: I mean you take either a spoon and you put about an inch or two apart so they don't mold all together and become one big cookie. But if I want one big cookie, then you just take the batter, stir it up, whatever the mixes, put it onto a plate, spread it out evenly, and cook it for how it's golden brown?
Speaker 1: Weren't you gonna at one point?
Speaker 3: I do like a cooking series on cafe dot com or your social media.
Speaker 1: What happened to like meat sauce cooking? I would do that, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: Would you rather do baseball play by player or meat sauce cooking video?
Speaker 1: Cooking video? What if you made sauces? Yeah? Or I could do that. Yeah, that's a good idea, Martins. I would watch that. Thank you, Sauce makes sauce for the record.
Speaker 2: His his story the other day, which is remember what was his story about?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: The the Costco ribs Costco two thousand twenty views on YouTube. Now, so a story about him? Me imagine if you actually did make ribs. I butchered those so badly. So maybe I'm not a good cook now that you bring it up, but I think I think it's better if.
Speaker 1: I screw it up. I don't. I don't think Kell agrees with that.
Speaker 3: Eating it for the viewers, Yeah, the viewers would love it. A brief fan five after this, so initials in like fifteen twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Drip Morning. Join them in