Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning. We are doing second date update quickly.
Speaker 2: If you go on a date and then you get ghosted, or you feel like you're getting ghosted, you call me and then we will call your date and just see what's really going on, try to get some info, try to get a second date.
Speaker 1: That's literally why we call it that. Let's say ahead of Chris, Good morning, Chris.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: So I understand that you guys went on a date in Piedmont, Is that right?
Speaker 3: That's correct, right near where we live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and her name is Danielle.
Speaker 3: Her name is Danielle.
Speaker 1: Yes, tell me about the date because I understand she's ghosted. Yes.
Speaker 3: We went out for drinks and the date was actually really just relaxed from the start, like really chill vibe, so we could bounce between joking around and talking about real stuff, and then by the end of the night it just felt like we genuinely clicked. But then she disappeared.
Speaker 1: How real did it get? Did you make it weird? Are you you know?
Speaker 3: I don't feel like I made it weird? I mean, are you sure? Wed? Yeah? Yeah, it didn't feel weird to me. Everything felt super easy going and just okay, just natural.
Speaker 1: I've been doing this a long time. Chris. All right, well I'll tell you what I'm gonna ask her.
Speaker 2: So you've tried to call her a couple times, contact her, text her anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tried to text a few times and haven't heard anything of that.
Speaker 1: Chris. We're about to call your date Danielle and try to figure out why she ghosted. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I am very ready, emotionally prepared. Go ahead and take a deep breath and mute your phone, and here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello is this Danielle? Yes, it is hi Danielle. It's Marcus calling from Star one one three. How are you? Good morning?
Speaker 4: Oh, good morning? Know what I just listened to you every morning?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what time it is?
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Second date update? And guess who the featured star is. You don't happen to be Dayton right now?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you in the pool? Are you on the apps? I am?
Speaker 4: I am? Indeed.
Speaker 1: Have you ghosted on anybody recently?
Speaker 4: Yes? I have, Okay I have.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to say it. Chris is holding he's he's lurking listening. Okay, Chris, are you there here?
Speaker 1: I mean we might as well, just put this all out in the open.
Speaker 2: If she listens every more, why not here we are, well, well, well did you okay, Danielle?
Speaker 1: What did my guy do wrong?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I first need to just say, Chris, you are so much fun, so funny, social, easy to be around.
Speaker 1: Why was it always start?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: And then it just just face plants every single time? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: One thing, Okay, there was one thing that happens, and it was it was that he just kept checking his phone during the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Enough to completely kill the vibe, but it was definitely enough that I noticed, and at first I was ignoring it. And then at one point his phone was on the table and it lit up and I saw my own name, and I realized that he was actively texting a group chat I guess about the day we were on.
Speaker 2: While it was happening in real time, Yes, with you sitting right there.
Speaker 4: Yes. And it was not just basic updates. There was one that I saw that said good energy, but she definitely has opinions lol or something like that. And I'm not entirely sure, but I think I saw solid eight point five. I'm still gathering data. I definitely saw the phrase, I'm still gathering data, and as soon as I saw that, I lost it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Chris to explain, Chris, go, what is this the Olympics? What are we doing?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Just silly. My friends are always interested in in my dates and like how they're going, and they just want to kind of know the play by play and I just kind of shoot them to play by play. It's just just friends being silly. That's That's genuinely all it was.
Speaker 1: But in real time that's insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was take us afterwards like a normal person. Why would you I was being reviewed by a live panel of your friends.
Speaker 3: I honestly didn't even think you'd see it. Like I didn't think you'd see it.
Speaker 4: I didn't think, right, well, I know that, and that makes it worse.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, that doesn't make it, okay, Chris.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think this is being way blown out of proportion, Like it really isn't like they're just a few friends that are that are close and it's just guy talk. You know.
Speaker 1: Don't you just launch a Twitch account and just put the camera on the table. I mean, why not? And then just like questions, I r L what is happening.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that serious. It wasn't that serious at all.
Speaker 4: All right, man, it was kind of serious to me, So I don't know it really changed how authentic the day it felt, and I was just like, am I connecting with you? Or am I performing for this group chat?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 3: I really didn't mean to make you feel that way. I'm really sorry that it wasn't intended to be in any way anything serious. It was just funny banter with my friends.
Speaker 2: Oh let me let me stop you guys for a sec, just because in this moment, my guy knows he was being an idiot.
Speaker 1: I'll just say it.
Speaker 2: So, Danielle, with this information, would you consider a second date?
Speaker 3: Chris?
Speaker 4: You seem like such a nice guy. But I'm not really trying to date someone who crowdsources his first impressions in real time. I think I'm looking for something a little deeper.
Speaker 2: So no, I'm good, All right, fair enough, Hang on, you guys, hang on, what is happening?
Speaker 1: Do people really do that? Like anyway? Second date update