Speaker 1: That's nice light a goo Nito gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the seventeenth day of August twenty twenty sixth. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the barge of Morning Show. Here we are on Monday, first fighting game in the book, and we'll talk about that with Ben Leber and get a whole breakdown from Zacho. On that trip to New York, we got Sasso, myself and Zach what's his name, Corey? Ready as you go, let's get her started to hear some comedy from Brian Reagan. Monday morning, Come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 3: I see things when I drive that intrigued me.
Speaker 4: I drove by a car dealership and every car on the lot had a balloon on it, every car, and I wondered, well, what led to that decision?
Speaker 3: That didn't just happen. There was a moment in time where that was decided upon. I just wish I was there.
Speaker 1: They probably sent some new salesman into the GM's office.
Speaker 3: The guys asked me to come in and talk talk to you. Uh, we're not hitting our quotos and we're not getting any drive ons or wondering if you might have some ideas. Oh yeah, let me show you why I'm in charge.
Speaker 4: We're gonna move these bad boys.
Speaker 3: Who might to make fun of that.
Speaker 1: It must work. They wouldn't do it if it didn't work. I guess people drive by. Well that's it for my day. I am headed home.
Speaker 5: Wow or does lows?
Speaker 3: I don't know what they're tied to.
Speaker 6: But on five on.
Speaker 5: Monday, August seventeenth, twenty twenty six, this is the power Trim morning Shoe on Corey Cove. That's Chris Hockey. There's meat.
Speaker 6: So was Paul Lambert.
Speaker 5: Max O Zacho lab around his way in a little bit high Hello, hey man, how are you? And then I'm good over you guys. I'm great, dude. Yesterday was a beautiful day.
Speaker 7: It was football weather out man started at that got a little warm, but we're getting there.
Speaker 6: It's a sixty right now. Yeah, it does risk, yeah brisk Yeah, man, dude, how about Hayden Panty air thirty six? What the hell?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: What a buzzkill? What happened there?
Speaker 5: I don't know. It sucks. Yeah, they don't know yet.
Speaker 6: That's terrible, Yeah, terrible. Yeah. Woke up at like two o'clock in the morning, couldn't fall back asleep.
Speaker 5: I'm like, all right, hang on, let's just doom scroll first thing I see at two in the morning, and I'm like, oh man, that's he that's thirty six. That's the first thing I saw as well. Same sucks. Yeah, it sounds like you had a really rough life, which is too bad.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you can talk about that later. That's a buzzkill way to start the show. That's it's on me.
Speaker 6: That's all right, daddy, thanks son. Yeah, man, yeah, what time is it?
Speaker 2: It is five thirty three am. Yeah, but as we record this whenever, it could be any Yeah, anytime, I guess, yeah, yeah, Daddy, could be any time. Yeah.
Speaker 5: How about those vikings?
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, what'd you guys think?
Speaker 7: I thought what they have been preaching for years about the Zone Running Game. I thought the Running game is going to be really good, and I think that is the main reason that they started. They're two very, very good tackles. Also that Kyler was in the game. But I thought what they are going to establish with that could be really good. Kyler looked fine. That Jamal Adams thing sucks. It sucks so bad, and I think.
Speaker 6: Uh, still dealing with allergies over there.
Speaker 7: You're your nose like crazy today because it was nice to drive with my windows down. That was a massive mistake and now I can't stop sneezy. Last point, Uh, Carson will be the backup. That's my last point.
Speaker 2: I love walking into sneezy mix sneezers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Clobbered by Muky. I feel like I'm backing an nineties porno.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just got.
Speaker 2: Muki all over me.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised those like green blobs from the Musine commercials Ye musin X commercials haven't been made into a major motion picture.
Speaker 2: They were. There was a documentary on him over here a moment ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey man, i'd watched their adventures. I can't it's hideous.
Speaker 2: Was covering my face?
Speaker 6: Oh nice? Yeah? Yeah, he liked that.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I into my hand yeah yeah, And you have fingers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And then you high fived him.
Speaker 2: And they all they don't come together, you.
Speaker 5: Know, by the way, you I don't even know if you know that you did this. You just wiped your entire face with your hand. Yeah no, no, but then you.
Speaker 6: Just did this.
Speaker 5: You don't always do that. But I'm saying, so you're sneezing into your hands or whatever. You just pushed it all over your face.
Speaker 6: I'm touching me though, and that mouse muky all over the I understand.
Speaker 5: It, but I'm saying, you wonder why you keep like rubbing your eyes and they have like eye issues.
Speaker 6: You're you're wiping snot in your eyeballs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should be bubble boy Jesus Christ.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go live in a bubble. I can't help, but I wish I could. I don't want to take any allergies.
Speaker 2: The car says, taking the allergy medication.
Speaker 6: No, because it makes me drowsy.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but not taking it makes you muky, yeah, muky sauce.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're wiping it all over your face.
Speaker 2: I'd rather be like this than this.
Speaker 6: Why the bridge to almost every Corn song, Yeah, well played, well played, man, do your best Jonathan Davis impression. Let's hear it. Well, I don't have to sneeze now, well just.
Speaker 5: No, just in general, let's see how close it is to what you sound like. Sneezing go.
Speaker 2: Rhymes heard Corn.
Speaker 5: You don't listen to rock match, No, not much Rome.
Speaker 9: Yeah, some of your friends in high school call you rock fighter from the friending story Randy did, Yeah, Rocker.
Speaker 2: Then we started making flood of you, and I feel better.
Speaker 5: See, I'm telling you, why do you think I'm usually happy?
Speaker 6: I just pet down his leg and then feel.
Speaker 5: Better about myself. I'm sorry that I'm sneezing.
Speaker 6: I really am corns here, good luck eating it, rock Bighter.
Speaker 5: I can eat.
Speaker 6: Corn, right, I have nice teeth.
Speaker 2: Every time you drive buy a field, the cord goes.
Speaker 5: Oh no, oh, no, here he goes.
Speaker 10: Ever since you declared it was five thirty three, it's been.
Speaker 5: Four straight minutes of abuse. Yeah, but think about what happened. It's like, hey, how was your weekend? Oh do you hear about Hayden? Panna is here? Yeah?
Speaker 6: What do you guys think about the Vikings?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: You know what's fun? Let's make fun of ball and all of us woke up cry and just ripped for four minutes.
Speaker 5: I saw I had him no interest in today's show until we started ripping you, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: I'm fully engaged, all right, Well away, then you do it for ast thank you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you. I'm happy to appreciate it. Yeah, seriously, that you should look into the hole wiping your your hand all over your facing. I think that's the origin story of your allergy issues and xylax.
Speaker 2: I think I have some of my car man. I think it's called six it's it's x y Z. I don't know that stuff. It doesn't make you sleepy and it works so well. Man, Really it's x y z lax or something like their l A.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I know it starts with x y z because they do. They're trying to be clever.
Speaker 5: It does seem like every single uh whatever, what's the word I'm looking for, not medication, Like every every every pharmaceutical company that advertises on TV has a Z or an X in the name of the drag.
Speaker 2: There must be a reason for that.
Speaker 5: I wonder why. Yeah, they always have weird letters in there. There's always a Q or a Y or a Z or an X. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, got that right, You got that right. Yeah, I wonder why. I wonder why?
Speaker 2: What is it talking to Benzo?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Same? Hey XO, Yes sir?
Speaker 2: How cool is that hotel? And that that part of New Jersey?
Speaker 5: You didn't stay in that one?
Speaker 2: You did it?
Speaker 5: No, that saw that picture.
Speaker 2: I thought that's where you stayed.
Speaker 5: Uh No, we were by the stadium closer to the airport.
Speaker 6: Oh yucky, but it was No, but it was. It was. It was fun.
Speaker 2: So where did you go to get that sweet picture of the of the at the of the metropolitan area?
Speaker 6: I took?
Speaker 5: Well just not well.
Speaker 11: We won't talk about the cost, but we will talk about the fact that they did take an uber downtown.
Speaker 6: Oh you did go?
Speaker 5: You went to It looked like you went everywhere. Did you hit all of the spots, which is what you're supposed to do. It's the first time in New York hit them all. Yep, you went everywhere.
Speaker 11: CHATJPT was my companion basically told me to where I needed to go to get all that done in a very short window of time. And uh, yeah it was. It was a wonderful I mean, dream come true evening on on Friday night seeing this that wonderful, wonderful.
Speaker 6: City you try to borrow. Yes, it was great.
Speaker 2: Were you I mean you've been in a million big cities, but isn't it something else to be that surrounded by buildings that you can't see the horizon in any direction?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean it's crazy, isn't it.
Speaker 11: And just the energy the people, I mean everywhere, so much going on. It was actually weird when I got back to the hotel and it was quiet, and I was, like, I felt were the Rods They were great too, love the New York hot Rods.
Speaker 5: They're They're phenomenal, but yeah, they.
Speaker 11: When it was all of a sudden quiet when I got back after the constant bustle of of the town, that was that was weird. But that place is did you get on a subway and I did? You did d New York or I'm sorry, Hollywood nailed it. It looks exactly like it does on the TV and the movies, and then the people are just as as weird and also friendly. Avoid Kevin, Yes I did. I was able to across the board. I did not see Spider Man. I was kind of hoping to see Spider Man naked Cowboy. I did not see with us. I would assume I think we'd know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but.
Speaker 11: Times Square is basically Vegas without the gambling. Yes, it's got the big screens and it's got the all the same stories, but uh, it was cool to see.
Speaker 5: And the Giant Ball for the New Years that was a hell of an uber ride.
Speaker 11: Well that was basically so uber to uh the nine to eleven Memorial started there, walked to the Brooklyn Bridge, then walked to a subway where I took that up to Joe's Pizza and then walked from there to Madison Square Guard and went over to Rockefeller Center and then finished at Times Square.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: I put in a ridiculous amount of steps. Good for you.
Speaker 6: So back to Naked Cowboy for a second.
Speaker 5: Is he a big enough deal where if he died, CNN would post his story on the main page.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's a big enough deal that that.
Speaker 6: I've mentioned him twice in the first segment.
Speaker 5: That hit the siren. Oh buddy, Yeah, you're probably right. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I ripped on to one naked cowboy. He looks good and pisses me off.
Speaker 5: I wonder how much he makes a year doing what he does. And there's no way that guy pays tack. I don't think so right, No way he's paying tax. He ain't reporting how many people hip him? No way, wow that guy. No, you don't odd at the naked cowboy.
Speaker 2: You know what his name is?
Speaker 6: No a Ron know that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna see Tommy on a park bench with a really thin cigarette just watching Naked Cowboy for for hours hours. Yeah, you know how he does corporate events, Tommy, you're a naked Cowboy? Well, both probably, but.
Speaker 2: This is Tommy drinking his six s depth charges and watching the Naked Cowboy.
Speaker 5: By the way, I love Tommy listens to all the podcasts. Yeah, he texted me almost a full twenty four hours later last week and he goes me packing district brilliant because he loves New York City and obviously he's been there.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he loves it there.
Speaker 5: So he knew exactly what I was doing. But he didn't respond for twenty four hours. Twenty four hours. I think Labor went there. Actually you wish. Yeah, I'm sure he did, actually, but he didn't. Actually, it's super nice. Everybody likes it.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm surprise everybody went out. It was an early early bus ride that next morning.
Speaker 11: I think the first one was like nine thirty, so I over to the stadium earlier than that.
Speaker 5: But the Pete mentioned it on the air.
Speaker 11: The equipment staff because the Jets played Friday night, the Vikings equipment staff couldn't get in until like they were leaving. As I got back to the hotel that morning or in the evening, like, so, props to them and working all night and Jared had.
Speaker 6: To go on that.
Speaker 2: Jared wasn't there, Oh that's right, yeah, yeah, so you were in the booth by yourself.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh oh.
Speaker 6: Well done, yeah, well done, done, a good hey.
Speaker 5: By the way, one last thing here before we wrap up segment number one. Every single one of us in broadcasting is always one slip of the tongue away from saying something horrific accidentally. Right, we've all done it, and it's very different when you slip up and say something versus just saying something ridiculously racist or offensive or whatever. Again, but with that said, because we've all made this mistake, we've all stumbled and stuttered. But if Pete Burson is listening, clock has five letters, it's important that you say all five. Man.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know how many people, but it was all of them.
Speaker 6: And everybody's like, they're gonna.
Speaker 5: Play this back.
Speaker 6: It's like, well you can't, we can't really play it back on purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Naked Cowboys last act on Earth was to text me.
Speaker 6: That, yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: I immediately was like, what did he?
Speaker 6: Yep, he said.
Speaker 11: That he probably shouldn't have like corrected himself. I just blazed on through. But yeah, when he started over.
Speaker 5: All I was trying to imagine was the looks on Pa and Leeber's face when Pete said that.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And if if Pa hadn't been on the TV and the radio definitely said something about it, Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh for sure.
Speaker 5: Again he wants accidentally said Johnny Pecker.
Speaker 6: Things happened, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Things happen. It's not a fireable offense to say what Pete said.
Speaker 6: It's a slip of the tongue.
Speaker 2: And there's been with it's blowing in my fat.
Speaker 6: Right, exactly right. Mistakes happen, yeah, correct. Shouldn't lose your job.
Speaker 5: Over a simple mistake, right, sauce? No, man, what else.
Speaker 6: Shouldn't you do?
Speaker 7: You shouldn't worry about your gutters if you have gutterr helmet from gutterhulmetemen dot com because you'll never clean them again. Don't waste a weekend cleaning out your gutters. Go to gutterhelmetemn dot com. All right, we'll talk Vikings later. Ben liber will be here about seven o'clock. This is the Power Trip morning show on the fan.
Speaker 2: Everybody is gone up.
Speaker 6: The rise in business.
Speaker 1: Experts love small businesses, so they come directly to you on your schedule, real experts and members of your community learning firsthand about your unique business.
Speaker 2: Did you guys think that Justin Jefferson was going to drop seventy five f bomps when Miles Price caught that touchdown? Yeah, there's a part of you that you know, all of us here who do this job, who are always on the lookout for cuss word. And I was in my van listening and I was all puckered up in the steinct. I was so worried he was gonna go half half half Yeah, but he didn't. That was a cool catch, though it deserved a couple of It was a cool moment. That was so cool. I love when they when coaches doing that. I I, oh, it's so much fun, so much fun. I love football, man, I just love it.
Speaker 5: It's the best.
Speaker 2: I just love it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's the last Saturday without college football, hogs Daddy this Saturday.
Speaker 2: No, I know it. How did How did Louis like Vikings football? Because I know that I was like, I mean, he was with us, you know, last year obviously, but he's really into it.
Speaker 5: This year, right, well, yeah, unless there's we got.
Speaker 7: Him this Mario thing that he really really likes, so he he plays with that a lot.
Speaker 2: But I watched it, and you just wait, one of these days we're gonna be like louis a plumber and we know why. Yeah, correct, Yeah, because he loves himself some.
Speaker 5: Mari He loves Mario. He loves him.
Speaker 2: He loves Mario Lopez.
Speaker 6: He might also just to do mushrooms.
Speaker 7: Yeah he might, yeah, which is I think on the same Yeah, yeah, Mario does mushrooms.
Speaker 5: That's my point. He loves Mario's exactly my point.
Speaker 2: Exploited, he loves He doesn't see him as exploitation.
Speaker 6: No, he loves New Jack City, he does.
Speaker 11: But honestly, he loves Mario Lopez. So once he goes to the hotel, he just brings on the TV and just leaves it there.
Speaker 2: He's like, why do I need to turn away from that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Correct? Hey, you know back in the day in initials used to get mad and kick garbage cans or throw chairs, like, yeah, Mario punches bricks. Yeah, maybe Louiso grew up to punch bricks just like dad. Yeah, maybe maybe he'll slang bricks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe maybe he's going to what's that little princess lady's name, peach. Yeah, you're getting himself some peach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe I think he might diddle a shag guy. About a day and a half ago, saw you tweeted quote, JJ is awful.
Speaker 6: Justin Jefferson, No, no, no, and then.
Speaker 5: You follow that up by a tweeting all credit to Paul Charchion. JJ is battling Wentz for the backup QB spot, and JJ will be the third string QB.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, is he wrong?
Speaker 2: Do you think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think so?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I think I think week one, JJ McCarthy will be the inactive quarterback.
Speaker 6: Because if you had, if you right.
Speaker 7: Now today, let's say they lined everybody up in that building and they had to be honest, a unanimous anonymous anonymous, not unanimous? Why don't always say that it doesn't matter anonymous? A poll, right, and they said Kyler out for two games? Who do you want to play? They would all say.
Speaker 5: Carson wins, so it would be unanimous and anonymous, see thank you? Yeah, yeah, yeah it's true though, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I he didn't get any help. I'll say that he didn't. They did not help him at all. No, on Saturday, off side this wrong place here, you see the first team offense go out and be crisp, and the entire offensive line goes off the field and the second offensive line comes on and they look like the second offensive line. He didn't get any help. But yeah, I hear where you're coming from.
Speaker 7: But Carson looked good with like the third string offensive line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's the former almost MVP going out and playing against third stringers. I'm not looking to give people excuses. I'm just trying to keep it, you know, I'm just parroting what then Lever said.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna light to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but like what you said the Hogs during the pregame, this is an opportunity for him to dominate because he's playing second and third string guys.
Speaker 6: By the way, so I'm playing cards and I.
Speaker 5: Got my my AirPods in right, But that's so I'm not watching the game because where I was seated it wasn't facing a TV. So I'm just like listening to the pre game and I'm listening to the game just to make sure i know what's going on, because yeah.
Speaker 6: It's pre season.
Speaker 5: I don't have to watch it. I can just take the vibe.
Speaker 6: How can I watched it? Toys, I almost I almost spit out.
Speaker 5: A zip of coffee when the Sauce was talking pregaming careers, Christ.
Speaker 6: Do you let me talk? Are you gonna talk the whole time? And you're like, oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. Here's what I knew, Here's what I knew from experience. Here's what I knew from experience, Saucy. I knew you were doing the show and also trying to parent at the same time, which meant that you were kind of halfway in both lives. Yes, and so you were trying to make your point, but you're also trying to change a diaper or do something rind up in from lighting the house on fires, trying to push.
Speaker 7: The Mario okay base he had away because it makes all kinds of noise, and I'm like, I'm stiff arming the Mario thing and I'm talking into the microphone.
Speaker 6: And he's like dad, dam and I'm like, hold on, I know, I think that you know Kyler's gonna be great. No, you went through JJ's like entire life story.
Speaker 5: I don't forget we drafted him tenth and then he did this, and then we did this, and then we signed.
Speaker 6: Him, and Chris is like, I know, let me talk. Yeah, it was This segment was minutes.
Speaker 2: Must and I were looking at each other and our eyes were watering.
Speaker 7: It was yeah, I was, uh, yeah, my wife worked, so I had Yeah, I was.
Speaker 6: That was the best. That was the best part of the whole bit was him yelling at you.
Speaker 7: I kept telling Ten. I'm like, Ten, I'm sorry if you hear him in the background, but it's okay that we hear him in the care But I but nobody thinks I take anything serious. But I take a lot of that serious because it's an honor. And as you say, Hawk, I get to do that. I don't want you guys to think I think it's a joke.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 7: And we got one more week of it because my wife works on Saturday, so there'll be Mario sounds in the background as I answered for two seconds.
Speaker 2: You said that he went to Michigan for the third time.
Speaker 5: Just shut up, like we can all read his Wikipedia page later.
Speaker 6: Just wrap this thing up.
Speaker 2: Please breastfeed yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah that it was great, It's good. It's fun.
Speaker 6: Man, that musty back.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, he was so nervous.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was texting him. I'm like, he was like, yeah, I'm knocking the rst off. I'm like, dude, if that's in your head, man, you sound great. It's must Well, you guys know what happened, right, No, you don't. Why would you know? I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: So and Zach back me up.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's a big old stadium. And Pa was laid for the first segment because he was probably talking to somebody else.
Speaker 7: Yeah, of course, yeah, hey hey, hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 2: Hey Pa, we're on here. Uh so that's one and number two they exactly, they go number two because he's out with Louis.
Speaker 6: Oh, couldn't find the press box?
Speaker 2: Could he not find it?
Speaker 6: Do you know? Is that what happened?
Speaker 11: Well, there's just a lot of early season miscommunication.
Speaker 6: Well sure you never know.
Speaker 7: O'lock is right, I guess been the same time for three years.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I went, I found him and yeah he was a little late as well.
Speaker 2: Did you have to? And again, I love you, Alick, if you're out there and you're probably not listening, I love you. But you have to grab him by the shirt collar because every person he sees he knows, and he starts having a conversation. Meanwhile, Tenna's going, is he there?
Speaker 12: Is?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 2: Is? You got to escort him to the press box.
Speaker 5: And historically he's the only person on the planet that cannot find every stadium's press box, correct, right, was it?
Speaker 6: And you you've been to almost every stadium Christian ever.
Speaker 5: Of them are like labyrinths, right, some of them are not super easy. But that's why you got to give yourself an extra ten or fifteen minutes to make.
Speaker 6: Sure you get there.
Speaker 2: Every time I find him. Looks like he just remembered that he had to do that, right.
Speaker 5: And he sprinted from the other side of the stadium, which is probably three quarters of a mile if you.
Speaker 7: Go all the way around which stadium did he either not? Did he not get into one of them? Because they did they thought his press he didn't.
Speaker 2: Ever press at all. Yeah, that was early in the in his career. Yeah, he didn't have the right stuff and he couldn't get in.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, did you find him in the in the print press box? Is that where you found him?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: And actually it was really right down the hall actually that Mett Life Stadium press box is super nice and right next to the where the radio boots are, and yeah, he was talking to somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 2: Always gives you great stuff once he gets in there.
Speaker 5: He's the best.
Speaker 2: I love him, but you just want to you know. I told him, I'm like, if we tell him that his segment is technically before the show starts, do you think you'll get there on time?
Speaker 6: It's like, you know what you do with your wife.
Speaker 5: It's like, hey, if you have to leave at eleven, you got to tell her that you should leave at ten thirty, correct, and then she'll be ready by eleven.
Speaker 2: So by the second segment, PA been late and al l good start.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I had to tap dance the first couple he.
Speaker 2: Had the he had the meat sweat's going. Yeah, but he was great. He sounded great, man, I know.
Speaker 7: And then the fourth third segment, he just heard JJ McCarthy's Wikipedia Mario sounds in the background.
Speaker 5: It's the most.
Speaker 6: Barrero Hawks ever sounded. Christ Yeah, it was very Barrero, like, yes, you're a filibuster leader. Would you shut up?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: Front Paid Sports? When the Power to Morning Shoe returns after this on the fan.
Speaker 5: From the one eight hundred asked.
Speaker 2: Red, like, okay, welcome back. Let's get the sports, because let me tell you some things happened, Corey, Some big things happen goes on and it's.
Speaker 11: Now for front page sports buying Holiday station Stores.
Speaker 6: Holiday station Stores.
Speaker 5: For a limited time, you can get four mountain dews for just eight bucks.
Speaker 6: Four for eight. When it comes to ice cold mountain dew.
Speaker 2: At holiday, yeah, man, you got that right, buddy.
Speaker 6: I guess it can't be ice cold. Whose ice cold?
Speaker 5: It'd be frozen and it'd be like a mountain dew slushy, which.
Speaker 6: Would be amazing.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you can probably get one at holiday. Yeah, he's probably drinking one right now, so close to ice cold that it's like freezing now. It can't be freezing cold either. It's probably like thirty five degrees. Yeah, probably not perfect.
Speaker 2: Carson wentz Man in a different universe, he's like won three Super Bowls.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yep, you know, yep. He doesn't get hurt now.
Speaker 2: He's like watching him right now. He's so much bigger than everybody else on the field. He's just a giant. He's got every attribute do you want from a cornerbacks.
Speaker 7: Unbelievable hockey is literally rewatching the game. It's on NFL Network, right.
Speaker 2: I was only able to listen because I was backstage getting ready for the show, so I was only able to listen.
Speaker 5: So now I'm putting the pieces to go.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: Yea, that wasn't passive for us. The Vikings did win thirteen to ten over the Giants, and that matters because I believe they were one and a half point favorites on DraftKings. So good teams win, great teams covered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knows that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Rossie knows that. Kyler Murray absolutely lit it up two of three for ten yards. Yeah, how about that. Jamal Adams left on a cart and he had a non contact injury. The initial exam was quote not good. That was Kevin O'Connell right after the game, and then yesterday they said he.
Speaker 6: Is done for the year.
Speaker 2: It sucks for about one hundred reasons. You don't want to ask you guys, remind me this if I forget. Ben mentioned either on the podcast with Brilliant Sion on this show, he mentioned some people's bodies just can't handle it, and I thought that was a fascinating thing. I didn't get to follow up. But like some people's cartilage and joints and such like that can't handle not only the contact, but in some ways the amount of muscle you put on. And I think it might just be how you're born, your DNA, what's in your system, who you are, that maybe doesn't allow your body to be able to handle sports like football. And I'm not saying yeah, I mean, Jamal Adams had a long, long you know, but what we saw was him just not even misstep, his body just gave out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, I hate that.
Speaker 2: I also wonder if that's what he was referring to, that some people's cartilage and stuff like that can't handle the physical active football.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I also think sometimes when like this happens, you try to find out why when it there might not be a reason, right, Like, like you said, he was just running. This is a non contact injury. He just like he stumbles running around and it just something in his knee gave out. So I would argue this has nothing to do with football, right, This is just running. So this could have happened playing pickleball, This could have happened running around a track, who knows. So just totally totally unfortunate for a guy that probably would have had a relatively big role on the team. It looked like he had a shot to have a big role. So do we think in any way, shape or form, this impacts Harrison Smith's decision because some people thought he was coming back either way.
Speaker 6: Other people were a little more skeptical. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it does because if Harrison Smith came back, my guess is he would have been a starter anyway. Right, It's not like Harrison's coming back to be a backup, So it's not like the role is open so now he can come back.
Speaker 6: He was coming back on his own terms, right, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I think the Miami rookie safety is banged up as well. So yeah, there's a pretty big size hole in the safety room.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a hole in my heart and it can only be filled by you me.
Speaker 2: There's a man sized wreath.
Speaker 6: Oh that's kind of interview.
Speaker 5: I still can't believe they thought Gary Sharon should be the lead of Van Halen.
Speaker 2: Ye know, it was weird that Sam Haygar's lead singer Van Halen too, because you know, David's the right singer Van Halen.
Speaker 5: It's just weird. But I'll get over it.
Speaker 6: Can you tell me you've only had forty years? It's it's right around the corner.
Speaker 7: You'll get So did David Lee Roth leave for like a solo career?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They got pissed at each other and it's hard to tolerate David. And I'm just a fan. Yeah, why is that he is? Imagine Pa with long hair, well played, just get it.
Speaker 6: I love you, well played.
Speaker 5: I read you now that now that PA's got like the the Silver Fox look going, I think if he had really long hair, he would look a little bit like sir Ian McKellan and Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 5: And I do think he would wear a long white robe and carry his staff around.
Speaker 2: I think he would look a lot like Noah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well play. Look Steve Carelling in uh hand, don't tell me, don't tell me, uh something? Almighty. His character's name Bruce. It was Evan seven, Almighty, Evin Baxter. It's got there. Jesus, give me a break. Get off my back, dude, come on, give me a break. It took me three seconds. It wasn't that bad job.
Speaker 6: He gave me a weird at him. No, it was your allergy filled eyes that were staring at me.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm sorry for my allergy. Nothing triggers people like my allergies.
Speaker 6: In terms of what we like.
Speaker 7: My sneezing causes people to scream at I can't.
Speaker 6: I wish I could help. But I wish I didn't have allergies.
Speaker 7: I wish my eyes weren't rubbed raw because they were so allergic. I wish I wish I was a little bit taller. I wish I was a baller all the time. And nothing makes people more mad than my sneeze.
Speaker 5: Oh that's not true. Did you guys see one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. Look, we're at the point now where I think most of this show, except for John Bonus, doesn't give two f's about baseball.
Speaker 6: But god dang, that Josh.
Speaker 5: Bias thing was unfreaking believable.
Speaker 6: It was awesome. Yeah, the Chris, I don't know if you know anything.
Speaker 2: I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hypothetically, So twenty three year old kid for the Saint Louis Cardinals, he's well, I'll just get.
Speaker 6: How about this for perspective?
Speaker 5: According to ESPN, he is the fourth best Cardinals prospect, ninety third.
Speaker 6: Best in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of people think we should look at the rankings a little bit differently after what he did on Saturday. Saturday, the very first pitchy sees in the majors, Effene crushes it, and I mean a monster home run. And the smile on his face, the smirk on his face is like, oh, there's plenty more where that came. Like, I've never seen a kid look so confident. There was no shock, there was no surprise. It was just like, go f yourself ball. It was such a swagger field like jot to first.
Speaker 6: It was freaking awesome.
Speaker 5: He's got thirty family members in the crowd at Wrigley by the way, Yeah, Wrigley Field. His family's losing their mind, all right, cool first pitch, monster home run.
Speaker 6: But then it goes on.
Speaker 5: To be historic because he is now the first player in the history of baseball to have three home runs in his first three major league at bats, one to right, one to center, one to left. I think he hit them all, but by the fourth or fifth, any right, it was like his first three at bats, Yeah, crush three home runs. The place was losing their minds. And I know a lot of people posted the Memphis Redbirds were his minor league team, and his former squad was watching him on TV.
Speaker 6: They're losing their minds in the club.
Speaker 5: When he bashes home runs, it was so cool. This guy is a killer. Apparently he was leading the miners and home runs in June, so just a couple of months ago for Memphis, he had a four.
Speaker 6: Home run game.
Speaker 5: Wow, are we sure he's the ninety third best prospect in baseball?
Speaker 6: It's great? We sure, Yeah, we're sure he's not a little higher than that.
Speaker 5: Like, we know nothing about minor league baseball, right, no sight unseen.
Speaker 6: I bet a billion dollars.
Speaker 5: There aren't ninety two guys better than him in the miners.
Speaker 6: No way. Yeah, somebody needs to redo that list. What a freak.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and even again, I know nothing about baseball.
Speaker 6: I'm not Tom Emanski. You look at the way he swings.
Speaker 5: It is a jackpot, monster home run swing. It looks so repeatable. I'm like, this kid looks like he's just gonna crush for like a secade. It does a monster home run swing. Man, it would be sweet if we just saw like day one, a future Hall of Famer puts this on his resume and the first day he ever plays never been done. Three for three, three home runs, beauty of baseball. Though yesterday all for five to three strikeouts. Who cares, right, but I know, but it's swing away, Meryl. It's the best, man.
Speaker 6: It was so cool. It was a sweet moment.
Speaker 5: It really was so awesome.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and again at Wrigley. I know you can do that anywhere and it would be historic, but to do it Cardinals and Cubs have a monster rivalry.
Speaker 6: To do it at Wrigley.
Speaker 10: Three for three Yeah, and anytime you're the first person in baseball history to do anything, it's pretty absurd. Oh yeah, they've been playing it since Slavery days.
Speaker 5: Basically, it's not wrong, right, It's not wrong, which is weird to think about it.
Speaker 6: Like when you think.
Speaker 5: About baseball, is you know what, twenty years after the Civil War? That doesn't seem right, you know what I'm saying, Like those seem like they should be one hundred years apart, but it's like it's like twenty years, Like twenty years there, just like all right, cool, now we got that war over with, Let's play a little ball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's play at ball.
Speaker 2: Some of the guys in those old baseball cards are still pissed.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, Ty Cobb was pissed.
Speaker 6: Due you're gonna see it on their face. And a lot of those a.
Speaker 5: Lot of those guys were nicknamed Whitey.
Speaker 6: A lot of guys in.
Speaker 5: The Whitey Thompson, Whitey Jenkins, and like, we know what side.
Speaker 6: You were on. Play a little ball, Get out there in left field.
Speaker 2: Come on, your name's Whitey, Whitey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rosie the days they played a real ball, Rosy.
Speaker 5: For real Whitey Whitey, all right, leading off, leading off, get out there a caspper. God damn it, Powder batted clean up that aw that movie, I think exactly one time. Same. It's a little disturbed. Wonder if it holds up. I know it's what. It's weird when a movie has no cultural impact and is literally forgotten.
Speaker 2: No weird, but we all know who powder is when you say it.
Speaker 5: If you if you live through it, we all remember it. But if you didn't live through it, nobody mentions it. It's never on TV. I've never seen it on any streaming service. If it is, it's buried somewhere, right.
Speaker 6: It just it's almost like it doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that Samuel L. Jackson's first movie.
Speaker 5: I don't think he was allowed to do that at I actually think it was what Sean Patrick Flannery right, it was the Boone Dock Saints guy, one of the two uh lead Boon Dock Saints along with Norman ritis Yeah, saw it once, Yes.
Speaker 2: With ice Cube and the Leader.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, Yeah, hollywoods guy. What really matters is next Powers your Morning Joe fans power I Heard radio moment when the cameras go live.
Speaker 11: Get a front row seat to the Power Trip morning show program, Password, exclusive interviews and more. Kafian dot Com slash Watch. It's powered by Quantum Fiber Internet.
Speaker 2: I can just tell you guys right now, if you haven't been to a concert at the Ledge and you want to go someplace that feels like you're in a different country all of a sudden, or a different city, like I've never been to Red Rocks. It's I'm sure it's nothing like that. But this outdoor Amphitheater the Ledge in Wade Park, it's just freaking beautiful. Man, isn't it great? Like it big but it's small at the same time, the stage is enormous, the area for the fans just and everything like that. The sound in there was great. I just I was knocked out.
Speaker 6: How do you beat outdoor music? Right? It sounds great.
Speaker 2: It was just awesome.
Speaker 5: Because Minnesota is loaded with good outdoor and indoor music manues, We're stacked and packed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the lunch felt like big enough to support big old, big, big old acts, but not so big that you'll get lost in it, you know, I don't know. It was just fun. That's a super fun show. And thanks to thirty Especial and everybody fair letting us play that show, that.
Speaker 5: Was just super cool. That's sweet, dude, super cool man, super cool.
Speaker 2: Every now and again, I get a day where I get to go out and pretend I'm the guy I always wanted to be. It's super fun, super fun. And then I come home and play out the kiddie litter and you're like, Okay, that's cool, this is good. I got a regular. Enough's fun. But man, for sixty minutes today I try to make him believe it was fine. I'll tell you what else.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Thirty eight Special still rocks, man. I love those old songs. There's just something about rock and roll. You can't do anything about it.
Speaker 5: How many original members are still alive and still on the band.
Speaker 2: Live, I don't know. One still in the band was the lead singer, which is the guy to have. Yeah, right, she sang exactly like you did in the nineteen eighties. He sounded like it was nineteen eighty and god, they got so many hits. But here's here's something that's interesting, Corey. I spend a lot of time on stage and it's a lot of people jumping up and down, being sweaty, right, and it's fun. And then you go play a stage like that and it's seated and people are sitting there and you're like, am I connecting with these people at all? Or are they sitting because they're bored, you know? Or are they respecting the people behind them? Yeah, it's the weird thing. And then they, you know, they got up at the end of and we're cheering and having a good time. So that's cool, that's fun. And then when thirty eight Special came out, they were sitting and I'm like, okay, God, it wasn't just me, It wasn't just that's good, but damn.
Speaker 6: That is the sign of an older crowd for sure.
Speaker 5: And I'm not ripping them because again, I'm forty six and I've said.
Speaker 6: This for years. I love a good seated accouncer.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 6: Twenty years ago, I was in the pit.
Speaker 5: I was doing crowdsurfing, stage diving, all that garbage.
Speaker 6: I'm in the pit. I'm in the circle pit. Who cares?
Speaker 5: Now, It's like now, I'd rather be in a you know, yeah, a love sack bean bag in my basement.
Speaker 6: You're watching it via stream.
Speaker 2: You've known me more than half your life.
Speaker 6: M h.
Speaker 2: I get a little desperate to please, and so I have this this mechanism inside me that says they're sitting down, work harder. And I have to reel that in, man, because I have to reel it in, because man, the the the desire to go like me, stand up, have fun is there. Luckily, I think I control it on that.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 5: You know, there are some musicians, Chris, and I'm not going to name names. Some musicians will stop their best song midway through and yell at the crowd if they're not standing up and not quote losing their bleeping minds. Now again, I'm not going to name names. That's not who I am. Yeah, thank you for not doing that. I'm not going to reference that. It was a first to have show about fifteen years ago and thirty seconds to Mars happened to be there.
Speaker 6: I'm not no, I'm not naming No, You're not no.
Speaker 5: Because think of the ego you'd have to have, Chris, if you had been like on Saturday night, if you've been.
Speaker 6: Like, hey, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa? Stop stop stop stop stop right?
Speaker 5: Why aren't you Waite Park, Why aren't you you losing your bleeping minds? Can you imagine the ego you would have to have, imagine to do something like that, to think you're that important.
Speaker 6: That's a great point.
Speaker 5: Imagine. I'm not going to name names. No, I appreciate you, not me, but I will name two names, doctor Mark Lobanoff and doctor David Whiteing. Oval, Lay, Sick and Lens brings you what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports and Crystal change your life with something else, and it's brought to you by Oval, Lay, Sick and Lens.
Speaker 2: That's right, baby.
Speaker 5: Over the weekend, Carl Anthony Towns and Jordan Woods got married in Malibu, Star studded, Chalomey was there, Ben Stiller was there, Michael b Jordan was there, Dusty Bond.
Speaker 2: Did you just say the Big Cat married James Woods?
Speaker 5: Sure, which is really against James Woods's brand?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you know his brand.
Speaker 2: I hope it wasn't against his will.
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Justin Bieber was in attendance. A whole bunch of Cat's current and former teammates there. Wow, that Jordan Woods and Karl Anthony Towns.
Speaker 6: What are your cats having?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: They might still. Are they still in Paris? No?
Speaker 11: He was.
Speaker 10: He was like in the Philippines or something. I swear he was freestyle and.
Speaker 6: Paraphrasing here, but he said bleep Nike. Yeah that's what he said basically.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, that doesn't.
Speaker 6: Seem he got into it. Have you guys ever seen Harry Mack on Instagram?
Speaker 2: I always send it back. I'm like this guy, Harry.
Speaker 6: Most incredible freestyler I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: Oh that guy?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, you show me that guy before.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Better than yep, dude on the eight miles.
Speaker 6: Yep, better than b Rabbit by a mile.
Speaker 2: Man. I saw something. The son up a bit where they put I didn't remember what they put over.
Speaker 6: Oh it was a.
Speaker 2: Do you guys there's the money lending commercial.
Speaker 6: Yeah, J G. Wentworth. I've seen that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's one of the funniest mashups.
Speaker 6: Of all time.
Speaker 2: Almost pissed myself.
Speaker 5: I left.
Speaker 2: I watched it maybe one hundred times. I've never seen it because they worked out so perfectly. Everybody's credit for.
Speaker 5: So it's fantastic. That is, it's so good. So about once a week the internet is good for about seven minutes. The rest of the time, it's killing our brain cells in rotting society. But why not, right?
Speaker 6: What really matters is this.
Speaker 2: I saw another thing and I gotta remember what page it was, Corey, But there's this one where actual roses running and he trips and he lands on his knee and he goes, oh, and they put all the different things together and then at the end he's going like, somebody wasted a lot of time.
Speaker 5: You know, if we're going around the room staying ten seconds clips that we thought that were cool, that they're wasting everybody's time, I'll waste your ten seconds telling you the story. I saw an animated clip of Michael's stipe at a restaurant. Oh brilliant. Ye, same guy, It's the same bit, okay. And so it's Michael Stipe of Rim sitting in the corner of a restaurant. He's in a booth by himself, and the caption reads something like when Michael Stipe's buddy walks in and is trying to find him at a restaurant and Michael's it's the isolated vocals.
Speaker 6: He's pointing at himself and he just goes, that's me in the corner, brilliant.
Speaker 5: It's so good.
Speaker 6: I'm like, somebody has way too much time. But it made me laugh, so I'm like, all right, mission accomplished.
Speaker 2: There was a one where Billy from Smashion pupkins the kid from.
Speaker 5: I've Seen Yeah Today, when they argued about what today was a good day. It was ice Cube right, today today was a good day versus Billy Corgan because he was saying today is the greatest.
Speaker 2: And then suddenly the kid from the band goes, wait till to Matt's.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 6: People have a lot of sparitime.
Speaker 5: Your turn yours.
Speaker 6: What really matters is this.
Speaker 2: Every time a Habsburg monarch would move into a palace, they would redecorate it and put the old furnishings in storage. So now that Austrian state owns one hundred and sixty thousand pieces of furniture.
Speaker 5: Hey, can you say the first name again, Habsburg? Isn't that the bad guy from Naked Gun? Did they name that guy the same thing on purpose?
Speaker 2: That would be a profit kind of thing to do, wouldn't it.
Speaker 5: I'm almost positive that's the bad guy from one of the Naked Guns.
Speaker 2: The guy who was in prison though in the Smithlin.
Speaker 6: Right, Quentin Habsburg, you have a p Was this a bee or a piece?
Speaker 2: This is a bee? This is a bee?
Speaker 5: Okay, so yeah, it's closely. I wonder if that's this. I wonder if pat Proft did that on purpose.
Speaker 2: That would be a very pat proftying thing to do.
Speaker 5: With that interesting naked if that name just stands out, because that's the only time I'd ever heard it was from Naked Gun.
Speaker 6: Naked Gun two and a half.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. Every one of.
Speaker 5: Those, yeah, thirty third, they all have their moments and they're all again the what is the bit? What is the bit that Drebbon says where him and Priscilla Presley are standing on that balcony.
Speaker 6: God, what is that line?
Speaker 5: We've praised it so many times and now I'm completely blanking in what he says. God, dang it. Hang on, talk amongst yourselves. Rhode Island either a rhode or an island? Discuss I like turtles. Yeah, I've never been there.
Speaker 2: Uh, Giuseppe is a cool name.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is a cool name.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, something something about six feet big mustard. That's a big mustache.
Speaker 6: What's the seventh again?
Speaker 7: I had a mustache about six feet yeah, yeah, this is through the phone, but still last time.
Speaker 5: Caucasian.
Speaker 6: Caucasian.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, a white guy with a mustache about six foot three.
Speaker 6: Big mustache.
Speaker 5: It's so good, big musk, it's so good. Man.
Speaker 10: There's something like that every three seconds in those movies.
Speaker 6: That''s brilliant.
Speaker 5: It's the best man delivery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's anughly big mustache.
Speaker 5: That scene where him and that one guy are trading thirty or forty dollars back and forth to give each other information. Every time I see a clip from from Naked Gun, all I want to do is text pat prof and go did you write that? Because obviously they had a writing team, right, there were a handful was that your joke?
Speaker 6: Was that your joke?
Speaker 5: Because most of them are Pat had a hand in almost all of them. Kind of you that you'd go through with that though. Yeah, it's really tough to reach out to a guy like Pat. It's a it's a lot of effort on my part to email him, ortection him and ask him something nice.
Speaker 6: It's not easy.
Speaker 5: Inside jokes.
Speaker 6: It's pretty brave of me to do that.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 5: It was tough.
Speaker 2: I helped me out for Andrew out there, who's listening? Who does help me make it to today? What's the comedian's name? Henry Phillips, Henry Phillips out there, Henry Phillips.
Speaker 6: Great, blown away by how much we love that.
Speaker 5: Henry's Kitchen, I believe is the online series that makes us laugh every time.
Speaker 2: What a great concept. Yeah, he's so good.
Speaker 7: And it's awful like he made like it was it like chilly, and he burnt it, burned it and it's like a few smash beans.
Speaker 6: In a pad because it's a terrible cook.
Speaker 5: The instructions are brutal, and when he's waiting for it to be done, that's when the song helped me make.
Speaker 6: It through the night.
Speaker 10: Plays because he's so depressed and so bored, lonely, brilliant.
Speaker 6: Guy's great my term.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The Vikings host the Ravens for joint practices a couple of days this week, and then we'll host the Ravens on Saturday for preseason game number two. Right here in the fan. The Vikings are two and a half point favorites on DraftKings. I have no inside information on this, but my guess is we have seen the end of Kyler Murray for the preseason, which is again what I can't wait to ask Ben Leeber about in twenty three minutes. That's the one thing I will never understand as a guy that never played football.
Speaker 6: I didn't play the game. You don't have to text me, Chris, I never played.
Speaker 5: But I just don't understand the value in handing the ball off about six times, throwing it three times, and that's.
Speaker 6: Your entire preseason. Yeah, but I don't it to me.
Speaker 5: It's you're you're risking a lot for almost nothing, Like Kyler didn't learn anything, So like, what what is it that he quote needs to learn? Or like what is the point? Like all of the what is the what do they call it? The like the raid of the cadence or the rhythm of the offense. Isn't that what training camps more? Yeah, you know, I getting out of the huddle to communicate with the coach. You can practice all of that at TCO. I just don't quite get.
Speaker 2: It, es ask because this is what Kyler said. Shoot, sorry, I thought Kyler said this, and the post game I think this is the one. Yeah, I think it's this one. It talks about just getting to know and and that's not exactly what you're talking about. It kind of refers to it.
Speaker 6: Well, you're really just kind of setting in.
Speaker 12: I told got talking about my family this weekend and just how everything, you know, spending seven years of once a lot and then everything for me has been brand new this weekend, you know, from you get on the bus with new faces, to travel on airplane, new new playing, new seat, new operations, and I'm just you know, really embracing what's new for me.
Speaker 5: But yeah, today was a blast man, Today was.
Speaker 2: A glass So maybe there's something to actually being in a game situation on a field with a brand new team for the first.
Speaker 5: Time, which is interesting because then I guess that answers my question that it almost has nothing to do with football and everything to do with mentality, right, It's just it's just to get you to stop being stressed out about the unknown. Sure, but I can't imagine he needs ten reps to learn how the offense looks on a real football field or what so and so is going to do in this Jefferson's not out there like that he's got I don't know. We can ask Ben about it in twenty minutes. I'm sure he's got a very solid take on it.
Speaker 10: Well, didn't Josh Allen basically do that for the New Bills stadium, like he wanted to go out there for the preseason game, just so it's not the first time that he's going out to see the stadium. Like it's such a that's getting ripped by the way, is it really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You see I sightline.
Speaker 2: Did you guys see the old man completely helmet and everything dressed as Josh Allen? Yeah, walking said the new stadium forgot put in a park a line. Josh Allen has to walk to the stadium old man.
Speaker 11: So good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I spent a lot of time on the internet.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's a good bit. Oh yeah, good snub all right, more of what really matters after this, Ben Leeber in twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: This it's the Power Tree Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 5: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by Ken's Ryan Heating. Cool.
Speaker 2: Let's get that right. Hey, welcome back to Sleep Torture Morning Show. Here we go, Here we are, guys, It's Monday, and Ben's on his way here, and he's got things to say. He's got hot takes. This is what he's got. I've got some good questions for him. I think I'm excited. I'm excited football season. We got a Saturday game again this week. Then we got a Friday game against Denver. Yeah, after that, which I'll be leaving from Las Vegas to go there.
Speaker 5: You and I leave a week from Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Very fun, that's fun. We're going to Vegas without you? So, Corey, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 6: I feel okay.
Speaker 2: It's like he and I are having a like a honeymoon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a little I'm a little Vegas doubt.
Speaker 6: I will be super ready to go back to Vegas by November.
Speaker 5: I can see that. And then also I'm in the Dell's right before that, So I'm like three days in the Dell and then four days in Vegas. I'm like, that's a lot of tourist traps, even for me, even though those are two of my favorite spots in the world. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had to make a.
Speaker 6: What an executive decisions the.
Speaker 2: One, thank you, because the game in Denver on Friday night is a seven and my plane wasn't going to land out there until two fifty, so I had to change it. In Lee Burlers, I'll be leaving during the show on Friday. I'll be on the first part of the show and then leave from Circa because I got to make sure I make it to the stadium on time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Man, Well that's a perfect transition to what I was about to bring up anyway, because it is Monday, which means I have to mention initials that oh yeah, my contract. Yeah by the way, Yeah, thanks man, appreciate it. We mentioned we mentioned the wild cards, who were Glenn the Room, Greg Sweatberg, and Audra Martin. Greg is that they were going to be placed in semi finals based on availability, and however, you know, the cards fall, the cards fall, it's just how it goes.
Speaker 6: Well based on availability.
Speaker 5: We have some interesting semi final matchups. I'll reveal them later, but you guys just mentioned you're going to be in Vegas a week from Friday, right, So there were three or four people that only had one of the three fridays available. So it's like, well, this group has to go here, and Sauce and Hawk have to go here, and so well, maybe we'll do that in the eight o'clock hour. But let's just say I think there's one matchup that's slightly easier than the other two. And let's just say I think the one that you too are in is going to be a gauntlet.
Speaker 6: We'll see, Oh gosh.
Speaker 5: But to win the tournament, you got, yeah, I gotta beat the that was you know. Yes, Sauce, you did win on Friday against the Sleds. You did, I did. I got lucky though, No, you were.
Speaker 2: You were good.
Speaker 6: I got real lucky.
Speaker 2: You were you were good?
Speaker 6: You were Yeah, Bluck wasn't involved. You'd win them all? Yeah, Wolf, So alright, ready, more of what really matters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go more scores and stats around the world of sports, and then Crystal change your life with something else. On Friday, the Minnesota Timberwolves announce that they will finally retire the number of Kevin Garnett twenty one on February twenty eighth against Boston against interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, good, good, good, good for him, a boy times something went right for him. It's it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think a welcomed homecoming. Wouldn't agree?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean yeah, if one billion percent deserves it? Oh yeah, many kid me. You know, for a thousand stories about how he wasn't the easiest guy to deal with, both sometimes as a teammate and definitely as just a Wolves employee. But you know that's but that's not why people's numbers go in the rafters. It's not necessarily the kind of person they were or how they treated other people. It was just was he an unbelievable basketball player? And it's you know, no offense to Anthony Edwards. So far in the thirty seven year history of the Wolves, he's hands down the best player we've ever had for an extended period of time.
Speaker 6: It's a Hall of famer.
Speaker 5: You know, he's one of the what maybe one of the fifty best basketball players that's ever lived.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go in the rafters. Oh yeah, yeah, he's the kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah again, I was fifteen years old when he got drafted, and I thought it was the coolest freaking thing that had ever happened, because he was the first high schooler since what Moses Malone, Yes, sir, and we're like, wow, we just took a kid out of high school. And you watch the highlight reel and it was these crazy dunks. And he looked like he weighed about forty pounds because he was all bones, no muscle. So this is it, Like the rest of my life, I'm going to watch this kid dunk for the Wolves. And he played here for what ten? Yeah?
Speaker 6: About ten years? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well here did he get traded lots Stefan oh six, six or maybe eleven, maybe twelve at the most eleven or twelve years.
Speaker 6: How long did he play for the Wolves?
Speaker 5: Fourteen ninety five through six or oh seven, right somewhere in that range.
Speaker 2: Do you think there was one person in Stephan's ear that said, come on, man, you need to be the man and ruined everything for.
Speaker 6: Us outside of himself. He was traded after the seventh season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could have just been him, I guess, Yeah, maybe it was just Steffan. I think if you got him on a light detector. He'd be like huge misteak.
Speaker 7: I mean I think he's I think he has said that he really I think so he regrets it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good, we all do.
Speaker 2: Stefan, Well, I really don't care.
Speaker 5: Well he also exactly for you.
Speaker 10: Guys, also a god, he's Michael Jordan in China, like he's he looked like they I think. I don't remember if it was him, but I think it was. He had a museum at one point, like he's he's literally Michael Jordan in China.
Speaker 2: You won a lot of championships.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think he was one of the He was one of the first like prominent people that I remember going over there and it becoming a more viable thing rather.
Speaker 5: Than like a shameful thing. How about how about the one of the all time butterfly effects sliding door moments in the history of Minnesota sports. Of them, there's a lot of them, right, instead of well, why did we take Johnny Flynn and Ricky Rubio instead of Steph Curry?
Speaker 6: Right, that's a huge one.
Speaker 5: But what if we didn't trade Ray Allen for stefph On Marbury and we had Ray Allen and KG day one. Yeah, a little bit amazing. You got KG and then one of the what maybe the second best shooter in NBA history, if not top three or four. Right, Steph's number one, but Ray Allen's right in that group behind him. What if you have ten to fifteen years of Ray Allen Kevin Garnett in their prime. Yeah, jesus, well, even when they were a little bit older. That was two thirds of the Big three that they exactly and that was twelve years older. What if those two had grown up playing together and Ray young, Ray Allen used to just oh man, he used to be a beast. It wasn't just a shoot like he could he could take it into get dunk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, there's Yukon dunks were sweet. There's so many what ifs with that team. For sure, every year that they were in the lottery again and there were five good players and they'd get the six pick. The Shaquille O'Neal here and you know, Christian Lightner is what he is. But like, what was it alonzo En Shack in the same draft again? Butterfly effect.
Speaker 5: I don't have to explain this, but I'm going to because I already started my sentence. Let's say the Wolves win the lottery and get Shack. Yeah, he probably doesn't stay here very long either, right, just like in Orlando. And if we have Shack, guess who we don't ever get and Kevin Garnett.
Speaker 6: Or Ant or anybody else. Right, the whole thing changes.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 5: You could argue, maybe it changes for the better, maybe it changes for the worse. Maybe it's somewhere in between. We'll never know. Yeah, yeah, we're gonna play what if game.
Speaker 2: I like this game.
Speaker 6: I love the what if.
Speaker 5: Let's think about like.
Speaker 2: What if Jesse vent Sura doesn't unforgotten?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Correct, then none of us are sitting there, correct, But none of us, none of us, none of us.
Speaker 5: It's weird, very weird.
Speaker 6: That's all.
Speaker 5: Life is an infinite series of what ifs. That's why if we could still play music what we can't right now, we would be playing Creeds.
Speaker 6: What if O great song? Right, that'd be perfect, that would be sound what? Yeah, they just deemed that wasn't close enough. You're right now the house?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What if I'd been born a lady?
Speaker 5: Oh well, I guess you'd have about a baker's dozen kids by now.
Speaker 2: I'd be I have a hard time sitting down every part of me stretched out.
Speaker 5: My guess is you would have seen a lot of slaughter shows if you know what I mean, and I think that you do.
Speaker 6: That's what really is this?
Speaker 2: I get ready, Corey Wilhelm v O I g t listen to what this sum bitch pulled off. A broke, unemployed German shoemaker bought a used army captain's uniform in nineteen oh six. He used it to commandeer a squad of real soldiers off the street by convincing him that he was their captain, marched them to the town hall, arrested the mayor, and walked off of the entire municipal treasury before anybody realized he wasn't in the army.
Speaker 6: Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: That is a heist.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like something that like Peter Griffin would do in a summer story from damn guy That sounds made up oho.
Speaker 5: Some Anyway, The case was exploited for British propaganda and German military militarism, but the the German people overwhelmingly considered Voic's exploit to be both clever and hilarious.
Speaker 2: How could it not be?
Speaker 5: He went on to be a folk hero, although the boy was caught and served twenty months in prison.
Speaker 6: Seems like it should be more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did he keep the money?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: He was sentenced to prison for a total of twenty five years for thefts, forgery and burglary. This is like Frank Abagnail Junior from to Catch Me or a Catch Time. I said to catch a pretor catch me if you can. Long before Frank Abagnail Junior was even born. The longest sentence he had was a fifteen year conviction for an unsuccessful burglary of a court cashier's office. Wow died at the.
Speaker 6: Age of seventy two in nineteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Or did he?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah? Or did he still with us?
Speaker 5: I think how much easier it would have been to pull off hests and ruses back in the day. Well, yeah, you just throw on an officer's uniform and just march to city Hall and say I'm the captain.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm the captain, now the best. Hey, Saucy, yes, sir. Side note, Sorry, Corey, I listen to this. I gotta remember to tell you this because Ben'll be here minut We're gonna be all football. If you're asking yourself do I really need another Charles Manson documentary series?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you watch it yet?
Speaker 9: I have not.
Speaker 2: It's on Netflix. Yeah, it's called The Manson Tapes. Here's why you need to watch it. They speak to actual Manson women now, and every one of them looks like somebody you'd see at Costco.
Speaker 6: You can't believe I'll put your hand down.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I don't know if I want to be brothers with the Charlie. But you know what I mean, I'm not sure that's an appropriate thing to say. You know, I'm but it's so crazy. These are grandmas. These are everyday women that you would never know. We're part of the Manson family. And that's all they do in this documentary. By the way, they play some tapes of Charlie that I'd never heard before. He's dead, but these women on camera are like, Yeah, I was lonely and I ran away from home and he just made me feel like I mattered and so I became a part of his family. And the years are grandmas. It's the craziest thing, man. They were part of the Manson family. And they do a really good job, you know, in a really bad way of reminding you what the hell happened at the very beginning. So you don't like these people too much, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Right, not a lot of sympathy for him.
Speaker 2: Because what they did to those people is even worse than I remember.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, they literally slaughtered they did.
Speaker 6: Yes, it'scerated.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's been how many years? Sixty years? And one of the police officers they talked to cried again on camera.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because of what he saw. Yeah, all right, we'll watch it.
Speaker 5: It's it's worth.
Speaker 2: Watching, man, Okay, it's worth watching. You'll be like, I can't believe that lady was part of the Manson family.
Speaker 7: That looks like she lives next door to me. And the one on the uh, there's this review I'm reading of it. That woman is in the one that you and I watched was a Peacock where that guy had all those like unheard interviews, like Manson would talk to him in prison.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, yeah, this yeah, this woman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how many times are you going to raise your hand while you're sitting on the couch watching it.
Speaker 7: With kel oh, say this woman for hawk? Yeah, this woman for sure, every single one? Yeah, oh yeah yeah yeah, he would as he would say he ain't busy. Do they seem to have regrets or not?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, some of them do it, a lot of them. Yeah, no, they all do.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I haven't.
Speaker 6: Seen this documentary, so I can't.
Speaker 2: And I get the idea that they're surprised that they were ever that person, which you know, obviously on a much different level. I can look back at nineteen year old me and go, my god, what were you thinking?
Speaker 10: Yeah, when they literally weren't on this plane of reality, so mentally so they probably it probably feels like a fever dream.
Speaker 2: Everyone else.
Speaker 5: Except for him. He was the one dosing, yes one, Yeah he was. He wasn't doing any drug.
Speaker 2: And I still love that. I would love to know more about that thing you were talking about, Saucy that we saw, about the what he knew and what he didn't know what he was talking. If that's that's true, that's even more fascinating, because he had some kind of power of these ladies. Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah he did.
Speaker 5: And he wasn't like he was a looker, you know, No, and he well he was about nine feet tall, right, He was a towering figure. He was about I'm not kidding, he was about Louise height. About two feet tall. He was about Louise side.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 5: He was real little but weird.
Speaker 2: The which Beach Boy loved him, the one that drowned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, that was like the bitter credit on one of their albums.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he showed up to one of the beach boys house. They went on tour and they came back and they're like, why aren't you still here? He like never left, he was he hung on. He thought he was a rock star.
Speaker 6: Right again.
Speaker 5: I still think it's so weird because it just that feels so long ago that it just seems like that's just a weird, random coincidence. But like, what if it was true that, like Jeffrey Dahmer was temporarily in bell biv de Vaux brilliant. Yeah you know what I'm saying, he'd be like what now, I'd want seven documentaries on the music that they should have made if jeff would have just stayed out of the kitchen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, Bundy was in Tag Team. I don't know if that timeline works out.
Speaker 5: You gotta oh yeah, Bunde was dead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, a good point.
Speaker 2: He wasn't a tag Team.
Speaker 5: It's probably close.
Speaker 6: Ye, when did womp there it is come out like ninety three. Yeah, he died in like eighty nine.
Speaker 5: Though there's Ben Leeber. We'll talk football with Ben in a second. That's is the Power Tip Morning Show from the one end