Speaker 1: The Dave Ryan Show on kd w B.
Speaker 2: Careful about the roads because they're little icy, so you should be fine, mostly just wet. Dave's Hot Chicken has expanded, and this is good news for the chicken loving world. Get there's Dave's Hot Chicken, there's Canes, there's Wingstop, there's Chick fil A, there's Pop Eyes, and there's KFC that I missed. There's probably some local mom and pop places. Yeah, but Dave's Hot Chicken is expanding.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me I've never been to Wingstop?
Speaker 3: Do they have like chicken in the same sense of a raising canes like a fast food?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. No, it's bones and bones and boneless. Yeah, okay, that's right. It's mid I would say it's mida.
Speaker 4: I would say it's less than mid Would you say midpack midpackag? Yeah, it's less than midpack.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: I had Wingstop once and it was so unmemorable. I would never go again. And you know, I think I'm the chicken enthusiast. Dave's Hot Chicken is. I would say just above MIDF. KFC is underrated, but it's not hip anymore. So they're traveling hard KFC is really good chicken, but it's underrated because it's not canes and.
Speaker 5: It's not chick ful.
Speaker 1: Where Dave's got chicken expanding? Dinah, right.
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 5: I do not know?
Speaker 2: So there's your chicken up date. On on KTLGB, I was talking to Jenny. I'm doing Facebook Marketplace and getting rid of a lot of stuff. Like there's a guitar that we don't play anymore. It's an acoustic guitar, and we were trying to, you know, sell it for fifty bucks because it's barely been touched. It comes with a case whatever. And so we're talking to this guy last night and English was not their first language. Well that's okay, so I don't care. But there was a he would not write in English. He would write only in his native language, and I would have to translate it. Oh, like when he texts you, right, and so it's like he's like, I'm out in your driveway right now, Well you are, you're ring the doorbell.
Speaker 5: They'll just stand there. I go out.
Speaker 2: There's nobody in the driveway. So I'm texting back and he apparently is able to understand eng let's translate or whatever. So we go back and forth for probably about two hours, and twice he said he was in my drive way and I go out the driveway there's nobody there, and I'm like, do you have the right address? And I write and I'm looking, Yes, he's got the right address. Is he just messing with me?
Speaker 5: Jenny? Why would somebody do something like that?
Speaker 6: I don't really know. I guess my thing with that is maybe he was confused because if you were typing things in English at any point, I don't. I don't know. I've never dealt with anything like that before. So that was weird that he told you he was in your driveway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's like, if you're in the driveway, just come in, yeah, don't come in?
Speaker 6: Well yeah, I know people always do that. They're like I'm here, and I was like, okay, Like my doors, I usually put my light on, have the door like open, but still like the front front door locked to be like case will come to.
Speaker 4: The door like that door dash When they texted me like I'm here, all right, come to the door.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: I think someone was trying to hustle me on Facebook Marketplace yesterday because I put something up there and they're like, I'll Venmo you and I'll come pick it up later if you want to sleep it on the porch. I said, cool. They message me, can you send in your address? I was like, can you send the vent facts? No, like, I I'll I'll send it when I get there. And I go, okay, well I'm actually just home, so like, I'll just you know, I'll just meet you at the door. Oh you know, you can leave it on the porch. I go, no way, I'm not going to. They're like, okay, well, actually, like I can't make it before this appointment anymore. I'll message you afterwards. I'm like, cool, people are so shit. And then they never messaged me, so I feel like they really were trying to get me to like leave it on the porch. And mind you, it was literally a knife set that was fifteen dollars that I was selling it for because I got new knives for Christmas.
Speaker 2: It's funny what people will come all the way across town for Carson and some old wrestling souvenirs like fake plastic wrestling championship belts and a John Cena you can't see me necklace and a hat and a hood and whatever. Somebody drove all the way from Saint Paul ten dollars and we were just happy to get rid of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah that is crazy.
Speaker 5: Let's do lyric shuffle on KDWB. Here we go, let's have Von.
Speaker 6: Go first today. Here you go, Vin, Yes, perfect.
Speaker 4: The d Shearing song. I don't know how it goes, Darling. Just kiss me smoothed.
Speaker 5: I got one. I got one.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I can't be perfect.
Speaker 7: And.
Speaker 1: I feel like the judges should at least consider my point because you knew what I was singing. I just didn't sing the word effect.
Speaker 6: But I do need you to get the word in there. That's the thing you have to sing.
Speaker 1: You're perfect tonight.
Speaker 5: Boom, got it?
Speaker 6: Okay, amateur hour, Sorry, Dail. We're starting off with one point for Dave, and it is David's turn.
Speaker 5: Done you done me wrong? Cecil? Yeah? You killed my dog? Cecil? Yeah? I made that up? No, none, none of it. I was gonna say, whose names their kids? Celia?
Speaker 1: So tell me what you've done for me? That's Charlie Pooth all right?
Speaker 5: Oh what have you done for me lately?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Billy do they say done in Huntricks?
Speaker 1: How it's done?
Speaker 8: Done?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That's the song. I was thinking, okay, one point steals for both of you on that first round, and then we we're back to vaunt.
Speaker 1: Yes, walk.
Speaker 5: Uh walk.
Speaker 1: Walk in.
Speaker 4: That's a song like you've got the two or three times that you brought up the word walk. We go to the Wiggles, walk on your way to school, walk to the swimming pool.
Speaker 6: Oh all right? On one point? There you go, Dave.
Speaker 9: Ready, something something in the way she moved. O.
Speaker 5: Thank you Beatles.
Speaker 9: Overrated you guys are, but I'm coming over there.
Speaker 6: Round three, cruise.
Speaker 10: Cruise, yikes, cruise, baby, Let's cruise away from.
Speaker 2: Maybe Grover Washington Junior. I'm not really sure, baby, like Smokey Robinson's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Grover Washington juniors.
Speaker 5: Have you never heard of Grover Washington junior? Mister magic?
Speaker 4: If you know, you know, yeah, smoking you with some Yeah.
Speaker 6: That's the exactly okay, all right, David's three points on host. This is for Dave. Friends what friends?
Speaker 5: That's what friends are?
Speaker 1: Good job.
Speaker 6: I thought that would be tougher because it was plural, not just a friend, and it was. So we are under our final round. Dave has four points, vont has two. Van can still come back and win this all right, all right, here you go.
Speaker 5: Slow slow clap? Is that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: That Sam Bobby but had a slow clap glow.
Speaker 5: I want a lover with a slow hand.
Speaker 1: I want a man.
Speaker 2: With an easey touch than that song.
Speaker 5: Well, Bruce Springsteen wrote it, but the Pointer sisters.
Speaker 6: Made it fat that it is a steal for Dave and vont You were thinking of this classic one Stefani song.
Speaker 4: I typically get Stefani and Amy a Bobby mixed up sounds similar.
Speaker 6: All right, well, Dave's the winner today. Five points for a day, but two for von. Congratulations.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, good job. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: War of the Roses is happening next on KTWB later this morning, I mean before eight o'clock, not that far away. We've got Minnesota Wild tickets. Gets you out of the house, gets you over to the g spot to see the wild. We'll do that for you coming up before it.
Speaker 4: Oh on kd w B.
Speaker 2: Rose areld wee bitch slippery, so be careful. I guess I like freezing rain last night. So the most of the freeways were fine, but some of the site treats are a little bit slippery, so just be careful. While you're listening to War of the Roses.
Speaker 3: I think we really offer you free flowers in this economy.
Speaker 1: It's signed for War of the Roses on kat w B.
Speaker 2: When I heard about this idea for War of the Roses, I was like, number one, that's too complicated.
Speaker 5: Number two, it's brilliant.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna let Rochelle kind of explain the whole thing because Rochelle, I guess the bottom line is you already know that Thomas has been cheating because you, Yeah, was it yesterday.
Speaker 1: That you caught him?
Speaker 8: Yes, I caught him in the act yesterday.
Speaker 5: All right, tell me what happened? What's going on?
Speaker 2: And if you and I think the thing is, if you already know he's cheating, you're not here to find out, You're here to humiliate him and embarrass him exactly. Okay, I'm a supporter so far. Tell me what how did you catch him cheating? Just yesterday?
Speaker 8: So yesterday I was thinking I was going to go at Chick fil A. It's his favorite restaurant, and so I gave him a call and I was on my way and he doesn't pick up. So I decided to get Chick fil anyway, I went to his house and I get to the door and I can hear him having sex with someone through the door.
Speaker 5: Oh oh wow.
Speaker 2: So you could hear like the vocalizations and the and whatever, And you're like, did you know what it was?
Speaker 5: Right away?
Speaker 8: I see, I had been suspecting, and so when and when he didn't pick up, I was not to think the worst of the worst. But and I got there and I immediately heard these I heard, I heard people having sex.
Speaker 9: Okay, you heard the sounds. Okay, she probably knows the noise is that Thomas?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so then you hear that? How long did you sit at the door listening to this?
Speaker 8: So I went back into my car to wait to see who was going to come out. And I waited there for two and a half.
Speaker 5: Hours to see who comes out of his door.
Speaker 8: Yes, I was in the chick fil A. I said, I'm gonna go ahead and finish this Chick fil A because I'm not giving it to him. So I'm sitting there waiting, I've got Chick fil A sauce on my chin, wondering who this is. And then the girl comes out and I know her. Her name is Megan. Okay, and then after she leaves, Thomas calls me and asked me to come over, and I said I couldn't and I just home and I cried.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: He even called you to come over after he had just gotten done with Megan. Interesting.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, so did you You didn't say anything? You didn't tell Thomas I caught you, I heard you, I saw Megan come out.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 8: No, I didn't say anything. This happened yesterday. We haven't really texted.
Speaker 11: Okay, but yes, I I have a poem that I wrote that I would really like for you guys to read to him.
Speaker 8: If we catch him.
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: Like, so when Jenny asks if he has a card he wants to attach the roses, I want you guys to say that we had AI or something generate this poem that you guys read to him.
Speaker 5: And the poem is about him being busted. Yes, oh my god, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm impressed that you yesterday were heartbroken and sad, but somewhere you thought of this awful scheme. And it's kind of funny because we did a war the roses a little while ago and it didn't work out. So you came along at the right time. So this is kind of a last bit of war the Roses. You wrote a poem yesterday during your heartbroken afternoon that you want us to read to Okay, I think I get it.
Speaker 5: Do you make it?
Speaker 6: Yeah? It makes sense to me. She's like the Taylor Swift have wore the Roses?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 6: How so, because she's writing up poems about heartbreak and whatnot, except for I highly doubt this is gonna be about heartbreak. I'm assuming you're gonna like give it to them. You got to send me over this poem so I know what i'm reading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, did you email the poem? Because I don't see the poem?
Speaker 8: I did, and yeah, okay, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I see I see where it is. Okay, So the next email, Okay, I think I got it. We're gonna call him, we're gonna bust him, and then we're going to say, hey, we've got a poem that we're going to attach as a courtesy to these Roses, to this girl that you love. All Right, I got it. It's weird. We'll come back. We'll see if we can bust him have the poem. I can't wait to hear the poem. Oh wait, okay, I just saw the first line of the poem.
Speaker 5: I got it all right?
Speaker 6: Are they cheating?
Speaker 1: I find out Part two Award the Roses starts right now.
Speaker 9: I'm Katie wb okay, let me see if I got this trade.
Speaker 2: So she goes to his house. It's her boyfriend and she's bringing him Chick fil A. And well, she had called I think in advance, and he didn't answer. So she's like, he loves Chick fil A and to bring him Chick fil A. So she brings him Chick fil A. She walks up to his door at his apartment. I'm picturing it outside door and I'm picturing on the top of a staircase, but I could be wrong. She's about to knock on the door and she hears like the noises of the love and from inside the door, and she's like, that's not me. Who is that? I'm out here, that should be me. That's his sound. What's going on? So she goes and sits in her car. If I get this right, she sits in her car for two or three hours waiting for this person to come out, and she's sadly eating Chick fil A. In her car waiting for me to come out, haven't we all? So he doesn't come out, but a girl named Meghan comes out, and how did she know Megan?
Speaker 5: Again? How she knows Megan? Did? She like just knew?
Speaker 2: So she's like okay. Then he calls her and he's like, hey, just got your message that you called. Why don't you come over and come over right after Megan had just left. The bed is still probably warm. So she's like, no, I don't really feel like it. So she went home and she basically cried her eyes out, was very upset, and so then she got an evil idea and then she said she wrote a poem that she wants you, Jenny, to read to him when you call, to send him the roses.
Speaker 6: I'm up for the challenge.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a little bit complicated, but I like it. And she just wants to embarrass him and make him realize, oh my god, I was caught cheating. We'll talk to Jonathan Fogel and talk about the whole thing, get the family law perspective on it. But let's get started and make that vocal.
Speaker 6: Thanks for taking the time to do that with me today, Thomas. So like I said, I have a dozen roses to send to whoever you'd like, So I need the name of who you'd like to send those two sweet.
Speaker 12: You can send them to make Megan. No, you know what, Uh send them to Rochelle.
Speaker 6: Okay sounds good. And is Rochelle like a partner or something?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, okay. So we do have this option if you're interested where I have a poem that's written by AI to send to Rochelle. It's kind of like a romantic y sort of poem. So if you want, I can put that on a card with the roses.
Speaker 12: I'm a poem. Uh I what does it say?
Speaker 6: Okay, I can read it for you.
Speaker 12: It says okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, this is an interesting.
Speaker 6: I thought I could trust my man, but it turns out that wasn't his plan. He's got a side chick for his undersized du So it's over before it began.
Speaker 12: I'm I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: There's there's some more. If you want me to keep going, yeah, yeah, I'll keep going. It's it's a little bit longer. He's been seeing this girl that's named Megan, and he didn't tell her he's taken. So I brought chick fil A. You ruined my day and just like me, she's probably fakean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was That was a good poem. That was that was quite interesting. Let me try to explain things a little bit here. Everything you just heard in the last couple of minutes was a lie. There is no survey, there is no phone company, there is no Roses. But what there is this is Ah, this is Katie WB and we've got you on the phone right now with your girlfriend Rochelle. And Rochelle kind of knows what was going on with Megan yesterday, because Rachelle, do you want to explain how you know that he was hooking up with Megan?
Speaker 8: Hi? Thomas, H, Yeah, what's going on? What's going on is when I called you to see if you wanted Chick fil A, I got Chick fil A for you, and I came over to your house last night and I heard you through the door banging Meghan, and so I waited to see who was going to be and yeah, lo and behold it was Megan.
Speaker 11: And so I decided to get.
Speaker 8: A little even here and I was crying all of last night thanks to you, and I put that into this poemn.
Speaker 6: So you're welcome Yeah, Thomas Ai didn't generate that. That was all done by the lovely Rochelle.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't understand this. It's like you guys are crazy like Rochelle, You're You're like a Ticho. This is all this is all crazy.
Speaker 2: And he's kind of crazy. I will admit to that one. Love the poem. Yeah, Rhy'm megan. With facon, I haven't thought of bacon. I mean with bacon, I wouldn't have thought of facon. That is War of the Roses. What are your thoughts? Was that genius? Was that evil? Did he deserve that? Would you have sat in the car eating Chick fil A for three hours waiting for somebody to come out? Would you have busted him on the spot? I would have bought busted him on the spot. Bang on the door, and then what's she going to do? I don't know if she had a key. If she had a key, would you have let yourself in and watched her run to the bathroom and no pants on?
Speaker 3: If someone was banging on my door while I was banging, I would just be like, oh.
Speaker 1: Shut off all the lights, She'll go away. Eventually. She would.
Speaker 2: Know how many times you've been in that situation, Bailey, all right, let's get your thoughts on the whole situation here. Send me a text at Katie would be one five, three, nine to one text messages. Holy blank, Rachelle pop off. This is absolute gold. Of course, he calls her a psycho.
Speaker 5: I am screaming.
Speaker 2: Best War of the Roses ever, another one. I would have busted Hi during the middle of the loven. I think that's what a lot of people would have done.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I remember one time I was cheating on Kathy the Hooker and she I had a girl in the house and she had a key. She let herself in and she threw a stack of records at me.
Speaker 1: Well, he deserved it.
Speaker 5: I did deserve it.
Speaker 2: Yes, And that is War of the Roses on one one point three kt able. You being all over the world, more people listening on the iHeart Radio app than listening on the normal radio station. So if you got us on in your car, great, love you for that. Got us on the iHeart Radio app? Love you for that too. Are we on Dave Ryan TV. We're about to sign on Dave Ryan TV. All look at that. We're about to go live on YouTube. Look for Dr TIV This.
Speaker 6: Might be the only time I like the big TV lights is one we're in just the absolute midst of the darkness of winter, because otherwise I hate when of these lights, aren't you guys know, as soon as we go off live, I'm like unplugging it, like, get these off of me.
Speaker 1: But it's still like pitch black outside.
Speaker 2: It is still pitch black outside. I think we're gaining about a minute a day or something like that. Well on both ends, I believe. Yeah, I'm not don't don't check my homework on that one. Well, but I think it's pretty close.
Speaker 6: Okay. I saw yesterday that by the end of this month, the sun will be setting at least forty minutes later, is what I think I saw, So probably about a minute a day makes sense. Wow.
Speaker 2: But in the meantime it is kind of gross and rainy and sleety, So be careful on the roads and let's get into gre there.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, dirt dirt one on one point three kd WB. All right, I'll start off the dirt.
Speaker 2: Joanah Murray, our local friend and former member of Why Don't We, is engaged. I saw it on his Instagram last night and it's just very sweet. We love Jonas, congratulations showing him my rain guy.
Speaker 6: Here's a little trend that people are doing. It's called starting a personal Wrapped twenty twenty six by saving a folder each week of one memorable photo, and then by Christmas we'll have a collection of fifty fantastic moments from this year. Or you could try journaling once a week about something positive that happened, either write it in a book or separate sheets of paper that you save in a box or jar. Something I personally do is because I don't feel like I can ever keep up with something where you're like daily doing it or whatever. Mine is just like I have a note in my phone that says good things are always happening, and I put little notes on my phone when I'm excited about something that happened that day. But it's not like every day. It's like I could go a month without posting and then all one week I could post every day.
Speaker 1: Right, what's the most recent thing you posted?
Speaker 6: I actually just did you on this bother day.
Speaker 1: I want to know what good things are going on to you.
Speaker 6: Okay. Mine is it's about the guy that I am seeing and how he got me flowers kind of out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 3: Things is going to have a behind the scenes documentary coming out on Monday.
Speaker 13: Every writing the last lines that these characters would ever say, it was really hard to do. I mean I remember more than anything just writing in series, writing those two words having the biggest impact.
Speaker 3: So it's called One Last Adventure, the Making of Stranger Things Season five. It comes out Monday, and they described the documentary as an inside look at the years of effort and craft that went into the final installment.
Speaker 4: Nothing else matters to me today except we're getting the first solo.
Speaker 1: Album from brutal Mars Real soon.
Speaker 4: Hey tweeted and said my album is done, and the internet went crazy because the past couple years to be put out music. But with Rose with Lady Gaga with Cardi B is the first solo album for him in ten years, so you know it's gonna be bangers.
Speaker 5: We talked about this yesterday.
Speaker 2: A former big Hollywood celebrity and now kind of forgotten, Mickey Rourke, was on go fund Me because he was losing his home and he was trying to raise money on a go Fundme to save his home two.
Speaker 5: Years of COVID.
Speaker 6: So then a seven month actors strike.
Speaker 5: I had to borrow half a million dollars from the bank to.
Speaker 2: Get by and pay bills off here, and I guess he's not really working regularly and so I'm not sure. He raised about fifty thousand dollars as of this time yesterday.
Speaker 1: So wow, seems like a lot to me.
Speaker 6: Wow, this is interesting. And starting this year, Jimmy Kimmel will only book a musical acts twice a week on a late night show, and Stephen Colbert has also reduced the frequency of musical guests and then his final show is scheduled for this May. A gossip guru Rob Shooter reports that Jimmy Kimmel secretly plans his late night exit for May of twenty twenty seven, because apparently, according to the gossip guru, Jimmy knows it's time.
Speaker 1: But that's quite a way he feels it in his bone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Actually, Tisdale has been talking about this toxic mom group that she is part of and then broke up with. She complained about how this group slowly avoided inviting her to different events and then posting group photos on Instagram and she felt frozen out of the group. Noticing every way that they seem to exclude her. So as we were saying earlier that there's multiple sized to every story, so maybe this is just how she feels and she's the first one to say something about it. But in this mom group is Hillary Duff, Mandy Moore, Meghan Trainers.
Speaker 2: The fancy mom group. You see them down of the road by the swing set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they're very expensive coffees or like erewon things that they've Right, Today's National Takedown your Tree Day.
Speaker 4: And the reason is today is because the twelve Days of Christmas just ended. So if you haven't taken it down, chances are either two things. One you're lazy like I wanted to be well, let my girlfriend the list was like no, or you just love the Christmas spirit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we take days of Christmas.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about you start the twelve days of Christmas? I think today's twelve days since Christmas.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, it's like a Catholic thing.
Speaker 5: Oh Catholic? Okay, you're a sinner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've never heard twelve days and I thought that was just a before Christmas thing.
Speaker 1: Would you rather be a sinner or a creast?
Speaker 5: A crest?
Speaker 1: There's somebody that only goes to church on Christmas and east.
Speaker 5: Oh, I didn't even go on Easter anymore.
Speaker 2: No, just accreased exactly. That is Dave's dirt. Thank you very much. We got Wild tickets coming up and probably about another ten minutes. You want to get out of the house and go see the Wild game. We got tickets for you coming up for their game. Let's see the New Jersey Devils on Monday. Tickets are on sale now, but we'll get those tickets for you coming up in about ten minutes on KG Double Ub and Wild tickets all this week, Ryan Show. We got Heather on the phone a little family drama. I'm glad you called us, and I'm not sure there's much we can do to help, but let's hear your problem, Heather, and see what you're up against with your mama and your dad.
Speaker 5: Heather. What's going on?
Speaker 8: Hey? So, basically, my dad he got hurt and he ended up in a nursing home. He's older. My parents are. Actually they're twenty five years apart.
Speaker 2: Hold up a tick, Hold up a tick, stay right there, twenty five years apart.
Speaker 5: How old is your dad? But that's eighty, So that diden mom and fifty fifty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you know.
Speaker 8: My dad had a bit of money a while ago, and my mom was young and hot, so like they got together. Neither of them had kids previously, so like I'm their only child.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 8: Basically, my dad's been in a nursing home and my mom's not even like trying to go and visit or or like wanting him to really come home, like he could come home and she could take care of him, but she's just like wanting nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: Oh Okay, so dad's kind of alone and eighty years old and in a nursing home. But then it gets worse because you said that mom's got a little action on the side.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and yeah, basically she's got a little boyfriend on the side that anytime I asked her, like I'm like, are you gonna.
Speaker 6: Go see that?
Speaker 8: I mean, he's asking about you and wants to see you, She's like, I've got my own life to live. Da da da da, and like and just goes off. Meanwhile, like I know she's going out with this guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe she's trying to play him off as just a friend. But you're thinking there's more to it than that. So her thing is like, I've got a life. I'm not gonna like stop living. Boy, that is a tough one. That is a really tough one. But most couples air on the other side. They keep their partner at home until they are impossible to take care of. Right, That's what my dad did with my mom. She became impossible to take care of. And I'm like, Dad, you got to put her in a group home or something. So he finally did, way, way, way after he should have. But so Mom has basically got a guy that could come home. She'd probably have to cook and clean and help take a shower or whatever. Right, but mom has got him in the nursing home. So Dad's over there lonely and alone, and she's out with her new boy toy.
Speaker 5: She's only fifty five, though, she got a lot of.
Speaker 8: Living to do, true, but she's she's married right now. And it's just it's really sad because my dad loves her so much, and I really like, I'm just seeing a different dynamic of this relationship, and I'm wondering, like, is my mom a terrible person?
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know better than I do. You've known your mom all your life. Does this sound like typical behavior? I mean, your mom was you know, she was willing to marry a much older guy twenty five years difference is that's a lifetime, that's a generational difference.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you know what you were getting yourself into. Yeah that this would eventually come up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, don't you kind of sign up for that. It's the whole you know, sickness and in health. But like, if I'm marrying somebody who's twenty five years older than me, I know for a fact I'm gonna end up having to be a caretaker for that person. Yeah, and now it seems like and that reality becomes, you know, a parent, She's like, never mind.
Speaker 4: I mean we don't like you can say that right, and you should, but bye bye it that's vows. But at the same time, I'll play to the mom's favor. What if it is too much for her to just do to bring the dad home, to take care of him, to.
Speaker 2: Be constantly can be all consuming. I mean, seriously, if you are a caregiver and you're doing everything from you know, I don't know, changing their pants, to give them a shower, to take in amino for the doctor's appointments and you're only fifty five years old. I'm not defending her, but it is it can be all consuming.
Speaker 6: I agree with that. I don't think that's, oh, go ahead.
Speaker 8: They still have money, though they could they could hire like an at home nurse to come and like, you know, like give a little relief to the burden. Like it doesn't make sense to me. I think my mom's going through like a midlife crisis.
Speaker 6: Honestly, she's a little passive life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can still credit it as a midlife crisis. She's going through.
Speaker 1: Sy just turned one hundred. There's oh for this woman.
Speaker 5: I think that's one of the things.
Speaker 2: But you know, I mean, I don't blame your dad, but when anybody marries someone who is twenty five years younger, you might be able to get away with it when they're I'm gonna guess if you're probably twenty five years old. So dad married you when he was fifty five. She was in thirty, she was thirty, So fifty five and thirty dad knew what he was getting into. It all works great when you're fifty five and thirty because you know you're both healthy and mobile.
Speaker 5: And that type of thing.
Speaker 2: But Dad knew that somewhere down the road he's gonna have to rely on this person and she's gonna, you know, possibly get bored.
Speaker 3: Right, But well, he probably thought, I'm gonna have to rely on this person.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have somebody to rely on. How great.
Speaker 3: And so maybe he is a little bit blindsided now they're like, hey, where's my wife?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 8: He is because they really did have like a loving relationship despite the age gap, Like it really seemed like like real love.
Speaker 2: You know, I can see that, you know what. I know you're not really looking for advice. But I think your question is is your mom a terrible person? We can't answer that question. I really, you know better than we do. I don't think she is. I think what she is is human and she's making a mistake. Yeah, you know, but that's but that's a hard one. I mean, really, it is all consuming to take care of somebody who's like, you know, immobilizing that type of thing. Hey, we got somebody on the phone with some advice for you or some thoughts. Angel, So basically we're talking, Hi, Angel, We're talking to Heather. Heather is it's a weird family thing. Heather's mom and dad are twenty five years apart. Dad is eighty, Mom is fifty five. Dad fell, he's been hurt, he's in a nursing home care center.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 2: He could stay home, but then she would Mom would have to take care of him all the time. Mom's like, I got a life to live. I'm still young and healthy. I don't want to stay home. Mom's also got a little boy toy on the side. What did you want to say, Angel, Well.
Speaker 7: It is a very unfortunate situation. And you know she did respectfully marry her sugar daddy, if we're being serious, right, mm hmm, Nie years ago. If she had a boy to on the side and was still devoted to her husband who financially like supported her and her daughter and blah blah blah, and had her little thing on the side, but was still being like responsible and respectful, I could maybe turn a blind eye to that, But you're not, and you're kind of abandoning like your family. And not only is it like your husband whatever, but that's your daughter's father, which at the end of the day is the most important thing in the situation. Like people get divorced whatever. Clearly they're still together, but I always would respect my daughter's father because he's done.
Speaker 2: You know what sucks about this that I just thought about is now that Heather is going to have to feel the pressure for her to go see her dad, and Heather's going to have to be the one who brings over a cake on his birthday. And Heather's going to be the half to want, you know, take him down.
Speaker 5: He's the caretaker to Cole's in that type of.
Speaker 1: And that's not what she signed up for, right. She also shouldn't feel bad for it, though.
Speaker 4: If she feel like her mom is in the wrong, she shouldn't feel wrong picking up the slack either.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: That's your dad, Hey, Heather, good luck.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I said, you got to determine whether your mom's I don't think she's a horrible person. I think she's probably a good person. That is just really in a quandary. I mean, give up all of your life to take care of dad. I think there's a middle point, though. You could leave dad in the nursing home and still go see him three or four times a wee, go play bingo. They love playing bing Just go visit them exactly, Heather, thanks for being on KTWB. We appreciate it, and that is group therapy. On KATIEWB. We ready to give away some wild tickets. How about we play a song first, then we'll give away wild tickets. Okay, So should I give you the connections puzzle first? Yeah, play a little game here of connections. I will give you the puzzle first, and then you will tell me what they have in common.
Speaker 5: You ready?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, this is a practice route. Here we go, So don't call in yet because you have to hear the next actually right, exactly right, Okay, hold on, here we go. Oh, travel food, fashion, banana.
Speaker 5: Think about it. Do you want me to read them again?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm gonna block the phone longs people already call them. You have to listen.
Speaker 5: Travel food, fashion, banana.
Speaker 1: That's the practice one.
Speaker 5: It's really difficult.
Speaker 1: That's the practice one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can get it.
Speaker 5: You can get it. You can get it.
Speaker 4: Travel food practice, no food fast banana, banana.
Speaker 6: Things that prestigious people are into.
Speaker 5: Let me throw in one more. Okay, sex, you're wrong, Jenny, by the way.
Speaker 6: Things things that I'm excite you, things that are phallic banana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, travel only food fashion, banana, sex.
Speaker 1: Thanks, people enjoy things, people are into close.
Speaker 2: What does banana have that all of these other has also have appeal?
Speaker 6: Appeal?
Speaker 1: Appeal?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, yeah, I was like appeal?
Speaker 9: Wow, how was a good appeal?
Speaker 5: I was looking at a banana last night and I thought of that one.
Speaker 1: That one was hard.
Speaker 3: It's not because staring at the banana so hard.
Speaker 5: I just I'm so lonely. Yeah, I'm just I just thought.
Speaker 1: Okay, now here's the real here's the list again. Listen first before you call. Here's the real one.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are these four words have in common? Big red block hard? Don't giggle at the words, Bailey, big red block.
Speaker 5: Hard.
Speaker 1: You had to text me to answer.
Speaker 5: I will call me if you get the answer.
Speaker 2: Six five one nine eight nine kd WB gets you Minnesota Wild versus the New Jersey Devil tickets for January twelfth.
Speaker 5: Good luck.
Speaker 2: Let's do this and see we get a winner on this one. It is connections. By the way, I got wordlind three today. I'm not going to brag or anything, but I got wordlin three.
Speaker 1: Have you just been doing the spottle one that I told you about?
Speaker 5: Nou? What's it called?
Speaker 3: Again it's called Spottle spot l E. And then it's it's all like music based, but it just gives you. You just guess an artist, and then it tells you like if it's male female group, solo year, that it came out, et cetera, et cetera, Spotle spotle. It doesn't play music for you just trying to guess the artist.
Speaker 2: I'm really good at music, I know. Yeah, that's why I think you would good at music. I mean in the music industry for a long long time you have Yeah, how long since I was seventeen years old music industry.
Speaker 1: That's a long time, because you're really old.
Speaker 2: You name an artist, I'll tell you a song they did pit Bull, pit Bull, Yeah, give me another.
Speaker 13: One, the Fireball.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here are your connections words. So this is like the game, and you play on your phone. I will give you four words. You tell me what these four words have in common, and if you do, you get Minnesota Wild tickets for the first person to do this. The words are big, red, block, and hard. Let go to the phone and see if anybody's got the answer. We get a bunch of people on the phone. Here, Ben is up first. Good morning, Ben, good morning. Our words are big, red block, hard.
Speaker 5: What do you got?
Speaker 9: Is it that that each have one syllable?
Speaker 2: That's a really good guess. Yes, but I'm sorry it's not the right answer. That would be a little bit too easy. Yeah, but good try. Let's go to Stacy Hi, Stacy.
Speaker 12: By, good morning morning.
Speaker 2: The words are big, red block, hard. What do they have in common?
Speaker 8: Is it a brick?
Speaker 2: That's a really good guess, and that really validly could be the answer, big red block and hard, But big doesn't necessarily describe.
Speaker 5: A brick, right.
Speaker 1: Sometimes there's also, you know, concrete bricks.
Speaker 5: Those are brown, No, no, that's true, guess. And there's yellow you know, the the classic Chaska bricks. Do you know about this?
Speaker 2: If you drive through Chaska's Shockapie, there's so many buildings that are made with a classic yellow Chaska brick that they used to make it. If you look around Shaska, some of these old old homes have that yellow. Am I boring you a little bit?
Speaker 5: Don't care? Somebody on the phone with an answer.
Speaker 2: It is Karen, Hi, Karen, Hello, we have big, red, block and hard for the wind. What do they all have in common?
Speaker 8: You can all you could put the word head with them.
Speaker 6: All.
Speaker 2: Well, let's try that big head, red head, blockhead, hard head.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Daron, your winter. You're going to the the almost said the Vikings game. I know you're not. You're going to the wild Game.
Speaker 12: All right, wonderful, thank you.
Speaker 5: You are so welcome.
Speaker 4: You think if I went to the wild Game but cheered on for the Devils, that I'd get tomatoes thrown at me.
Speaker 8: What.
Speaker 5: No, there'll be Devils fans there.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 4: But because I represent Minnesota.
Speaker 9: One thing about hockey that you know, there's a puck and anything else. There's at what point in the game do they bring in tupucks?
Speaker 1: What at tupuc time? Time is?
Speaker 4: It's whenever you put it on cake? Yeah. What's the blue line? What the blue line? It's a train blueker you draw a straight line.
Speaker 2: Don't don't worry. I don't know if they want hockey. I know we're in the state of hockey. My kids did not play hockey.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 2: Carson loves hockey. I can't follow it. I'm sorry. I have all the respect in the world for people who play it and love it. I can't follow it. I don't know it. Just I don't want to sound like a dumb ass, but I am about hockey the way Bailey is about football.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm the same way about hockey as well as I am about football.
Speaker 5: What sporting do you love?
Speaker 1: Baseball?
Speaker 5: Baseball?
Speaker 1: I like baseball. Can I read a text message really quick?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 1: This one says I have to say I got.
Speaker 3: Through on the wild Contest, And Vaughan answered the phone, letting me know he already had a winner.
Speaker 1: But his voice was so sultry and he was so kind.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, okay, what's the guy's name? You can break my heart anytime you want, because you sound so nice.
Speaker 1: I could break your heart anytime. Baby, girl.
Speaker 6: Answers the phone, be like Katie w B. What's your name?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 4: Girl?
Speaker 1: You want to come over tomorrow? N Yeah, okay, too much