Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio wapp Friends.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 1: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith the pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith. Unless what is a genius, it is best to aim to be intelligible.
Speaker 3: A one to you.
Speaker 2: Petros Money AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app of Flex Alert. As we start today at two pm, same deal tomorrow. We got back to back Clipper games in Houston against the Rockets going into the All Star Break. Full shows Thursday Friday, two hours today, two hours tomorrow two to four pm. Clippers basketball, Kawhi versus kd adam Ouslin on the pregame Alert at four each day and.
Speaker 1: Unlike some shows in the morning where there's great discord, name calling, disrespect, overall disdain, and I did hear much like the great nine o two one OERO episode where they had a black guy who was a guest star. Was never like you know on the actual cast, don't worry about I mean, but.
Speaker 2: But it was a different time.
Speaker 1: There was you know, the peach Pit after dark. Yeah, when Valerie big Head Valerie Kelly Kapowski took over the peach Pit and opened a club and David Silver aka Brian Austin Green aka Bag would be up there dj and singing and dancing and generally doing his act, his clown act. And there was a fight with black people. Gangs were involved, as that was a thing not cool in La and it was the whole theme was squash it, you know, with the hand over the fist, squash it, and they avoided a terrible fight they could have involved firearms at the end of it all with the squash it symbol and it was very inspirational, kind of one of those nine to two in one oer episodes that you never forget. It goes up there with a couple that I could mention now, I don't think you want me to.
Speaker 2: So I just want to be part of the conversation.
Speaker 1: I know you do.
Speaker 2: I would like to point out anytime football, you know, the Super Bowl or something rolls around, you'll tend to get some of the nineteen eighties nineteen nineties football episodes of the more impactful Sitcomsmedes Teen, Dramas of Our Life and when they posted the Flag Football nine O two one oh. The old Sanders to Walsh common connection very impactful. It is at the time, I don't remember feeling. I think we said it about Dylan when we were like, okay, Dylan McKay looks like he's thirty. But the fact that they all look like they're thirty five, that that Sanders is back there looking as thick as a dude in law school on the inner Murals field, we accepted it that we just and Brandon Walsh has got a little bit of you know, he's got a little bit of power. Alley's going on the head like giant quads quads. It's like, what the hell were we thinking, you know, fight kids in the street, right, what like his fist pop on that connection.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm happy to say though, like that episode of The Squash it episode, and that was also the flag football episode was also very memorable. Man. I'd also like to I'd like to nominate the Emily Valentine San Francisco date with Brandon Walsh's very memorable. I'd like to also submit Emily Valentine going crazy and burning down the homecoming float. That's a good one, Walsh's driveway episode, and the one where Kelly Kopowski has her legs wrapped around Dylan McKay in the bellage pool, rubbing her crotch on him. Well, he says, it's you, Kelly, It's always been you.
Speaker 2: Those were all very impactful. Donna losen to her virginity, I mean.
Speaker 1: Dave Silmer gave it to Donna, or Donna Martin graduates. I mean, the list goes on and on. But back to the original episode we were discussing. Later, when the peach Pit after Dark was open, they had the squashed episode with the black guys, who I don't believe on any other episodes before or after. I want to report that in that kind of dramatic fashion, Ronnie and Fred squashed their beef today. Well, how did that happen? I think Fred went back in there and apologized. Yeah, I can't speak for the morning show on our competitor. I don't know what that beef's about or whether it's been squashed or No.
Speaker 2: We know what the beef is here right now, Fred just showing up like you know, Nonjalot hadn't been an absent dad for the last three months two years. So actually, Dad, you haven't come to any of my games, you haven't checked my homework, you don't say good night to me. Now you just want to come in and pick up like none of that happened, like I haven't missed you for a while.
Speaker 1: Any any thoughts anybody crickets? Yeah, all right, I just want to say they squashed it, Matt.
Speaker 2: Maybe they feel like we're they squashed it and they think we're trying to rekindle that flame of anger. No, which we tended to.
Speaker 1: I had a nice conversation with the nine O two one oher theme with Ronnie wash it off the air with squash it. And now, I mean, it's not like I'm assuming anything about his habits like AI or anything like that, not making any assumptions.
Speaker 2: You just said they squashed it.
Speaker 1: I just said they squashed it.
Speaker 2: Was it, like, right? When they got on the air.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was hoping for some detail, but I don't think we're going to get it. Matt. We just need three stops, and I don't think we're going to get it. Are we giving away this basketball thing today?
Speaker 2: It is available online the five sea Sports Instagram page as an opportunity for you to win tickets to the Stars game the Castro Rising Stars game at the Intuit Dome on Friday. So go on over to AM five to seventy LA Sports and there will be directions on how you can win tickets to the Cooper Flag con Knepple, can Nipple, Stefan Castle, all those fancy young players are gonna be out there doing their thing. DJ Edgecombe, you know, guys like that all going to be out there playing basketball.
Speaker 1: You know, I wasn't interested in any of the names that you said, Kerr, Nipple or any of them until Edgecombe came in right, and then I was like, yes, I do I know about him. So we will have a lot of basketball talk as it is a time for basketball. I think we're gonna go.
Speaker 2: Find you're going to the game tonight, Laker Spurs.
Speaker 1: No, No, but I think I'm gonna find the squash at episode on nine of two one ohero and give it the noir treatment, is what I'm going to say.
Speaker 4: I tried finding it for you, Petros in the moment here, but I don't have Paramount subscription, so I can't log in to get it. And YouTube has got like snippets of the show, so I don't Well, there couldn't help.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get a snippet. I mean we can't. We're not gonna play all forty four minutes of it.
Speaker 4: Case well, I thought we'd take a break and get to the second half of it, you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: All right, we got a trash lebron in the next segment.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Let's just get to we don't have a lot of time here.
Speaker 1: We'll get to the word. I look. I was happy to hear that Fred, you know, was being more friendly and going around and talking to people and being a coworker and a colleague. Today.
Speaker 2: How's the Colonne situation? Any update on that? I thought we did okay yesterday. Clothes not bad.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 4: I'm running back and forth with the studios here and it's hot in that studio, so Fred must have the heater on or something, but the colone is at a minimal level.
Speaker 2: No, we are subjects, and this was never the case. You know, back in the day, you could have thermostat wars at your place of work and maybe HR would come down and say the AC is too low. We're spending too much money. That kind of too low. Now we too low. Now they just take it out of your hands, like there is some robot that determines the temperature of our studios. And especially if you work on the weekends, you very well could be suffocated. You could lose ten pounds over the course of a show because it's freaking Tim Kates Burbank infrared sonal like atmosphere. You could freeze to death hypothermia, maybe lose a digit, and there's just no answers for it. You call the office downstairs.
Speaker 1: This sounds like a question for Sweet James.
Speaker 2: Great point.
Speaker 4: I'd actually like to bring it up to him, because I'm here every Saturday and Sunday from April through October, and the air conditioning is on in the main studios where we broadcast from with all the mics and equipment. But you take a step outside into the hallway and any other part of the building. It's like ninety five because the air is not on in this place, and they don't let you control it. Nope, there's some master control that nobody knows where it is.
Speaker 1: It's like that the places in big towns, on big thoroughfares, like like Hawthorn Boulevard or Beach Boulevard and Huntington Beach, they're controlled by as we've learned Matt through our many local.
Speaker 2: Interviews, Torrents CHP.
Speaker 1: That's who screws up all the lights and makes it so we don't flow, we too low. That's who does it, CHP. It's a master control of somebody somewhere screwing it up at a corporate bureaucracy level. And that's what's happening to us in our building.
Speaker 2: And that's not cool.
Speaker 1: That's not cool. Even though Matt and I are not there today, we still.
Speaker 4: You can come here in the middle of summer on a weekend and Colin will be wearing a sweatshirt and a jacket like he's in Alaska in the middle of the cold winter and pans because it's like fifty degrees in the studio but it's ninety nine outside.
Speaker 2: That's how different it is.
Speaker 1: Should we get to the word of the day.
Speaker 2: This has been climate talk on the.
Speaker 1: Petrosen Money Show, Interior Climate Talk.
Speaker 2: His words the word of the day.
Speaker 1: You know how much I hate everybody. Somebody just texted me. Thermostats are programmed and regulated by building management. Yeah. You don't think we'd know that, you fool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we have no building management. We've got a five levels of parking garage. We have a five level parking garage. The first level isn't even maxed out. That's the current situation of our building.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's not true, Matt. I see people walking around in polos all the time.
Speaker 4: But don't park in the reserve spot to matter else you're gonna get a note on your car.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, there's plenty of spots. There was a time, though, Matt. I'm on P three, I'm on P four. I'm lost down here, all right. Your word of the day, Matt, comes from the Olympics, Norway.
Speaker 2: Oh you did it, yes, Derla home Lay read, one of Norway's top by athletes finished third. I've got to adjust my number.
Speaker 1: In the twenty kilometer individual races. So good it happened today in Italy. Congrats to him on the bronze medal, but he was upset after the race, not because of what he did in the race and what he explained after the race in Norwegian, Well, this is n r K TV. Take a listen.
Speaker 5: Some but no fo can you leave so as he can boted money? Then as since I have called my mother.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 1: Since you don't speak Norwegian yet, Matt, speak for yourself, let me tell you what he said. He confessed that he had been unfaithful to his girlfriend. Six months ago. I met the love of my life, the world's most beautiful, sweetest person, and three months ago I made the biggest mistake of my life and cheated on her. I'm sure many people now see me in a different light, but I only have eyes for her. He then continued by saying, I'm not quite sure what I'm trying to say by saying this now, but sport has taken a back seat in recent days. I wish I could share this with her. There was a collective gasp of horror in the country of Norway. They're proud people, I know they felt embarrassed by this.
Speaker 2: Matt, I met the love of my life six months ago. Three months later, I cheated on her.
Speaker 1: This man obviously feels very deeply.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is a six month timeline, folks, Okay, talking about together for three months, cheats on her. Three months later, you're in the Olympics, you win a bronze medal in the biathlon, and you're beside yourself, overcome with emotion over the six month romance that was derailed three months into it.
Speaker 1: And Matt, you'll be happy to know as being you know, European, a lot of these people speak English as well as a second language. Sometimes they have a third or fourth language in Europe. Yeah, because of the way they live so closely with one another. Here we drive three hundred miles and you're in Kettleman City, but there you may have crossed many borders. So Adam media session later, speaking English, he was asked about what he confessed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't got any reactions from the girl that I mentioned, and I'm happy because then maybe she hasn't seen it. Maybe she will see it at the right time. I hope I don't make anything worse for her, but maybe it can help.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I hope there's a happy ending in the end. So we will see what time time will do.
Speaker 1: I cheated on somebody I was with for three months. I just made my Olympic moment about trying to get her back. I probably will feel stupid for the remainder of my life. But and no, I've yet to hear from her.
Speaker 2: But maybe she maybe she missed it, maybe she has not seen.
Speaker 1: Maybe she'll see it at the right time, right. I really hope it doesn't make good worse for her.
Speaker 2: Matt, Oh, sorry, comfortable for her? Like A, well, that's what he said. I didn't know he cheated on you. I thought you just said he was a jerk and that's why you broke up with him. Wow, humiliating for you. That's terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her new man, Yeah, Bjorn Bjornson. Oh, so anyway, I'm sorry that I jumped you on that. That's okay, No, I mean, you know, it's a big story. It's everywhere, just like the pen we had penis ejection and now we have and now we have this and the big pentagram Olympic torch.
Speaker 2: There is that too.
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 2: I thought I was in a Slayer concert. We love Slayer, local band.
Speaker 1: All right, it's time for the number of the same number, top number of.
Speaker 2: The days all right, here we go, just dug up off of the KTLA dot com website. Thousands be is your number of the day. You have been on top of the Waimo situation in town for quite a while. We know there are multiple issues surrounding weimo's. The amount of noise that they make while they charge on the West side of Los Angeles has led to neighborhood revolts, some regulations about when they can charge, how many can charge at a time, and trying to figure out if there's a more remote location where they can do their charging. We have heard about dudes in Arizona getting stuck in weaimo's that are spinning around in circles, but now weimo as.
Speaker 1: One was the one that stopped on the train tracks.
Speaker 2: Matt one that stopped on the train track guy had to dive out. Another one ran into a couple of park cars the other day. So with an e park that was Echo Park. Tens of thousands of car accidents every single day. However, when they're happening in cars that are not driven by humans but what's supposed to be an infallible bit of technology, well you bet your ass that those folks up on Capitol Hill want to get involved. They want to make a real show of it that they're going to try to get to the bottom of this. But in this case they did pull out a little bit of a nugget. Waimo Senate hearings, lawmakers asking about safety issues and them being completely autonomous, the folks from Waymo shared that, in fact, there are remote human drivers that control the vehicles in oh certain moments when they get a little sideways.
Speaker 1: How was what the happened in Echo Park? The human was the one that boloed into the three part cars and almost ran over an old lady.
Speaker 2: And you would think, okay, a bunch of cars driving around West La. These drivers at they set up in a little little headquarters with a bunch of monitors there in Century City. Yeah yeah, like Sliver right, maybe mar Vista, you know, got a nice little headquarters there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Where are they at.
Speaker 2: They're in the Philippines. Oh, come on the uh.
Speaker 1: What ride they drive on the Philippines? That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: They are thousands of miles away.
Speaker 1: Here's a Filipino guy almost running over an old lady remotely in Echo Park. Just think I've ever heard of my life.
Speaker 2: And again, you're talking about a time difference, right, like with the current time in Let's see, current time in Manila is six twenty am, so they are six hours behind us. There are no eight hours behind us or ahead of us because it's tomorrow there. So you know, nighttime driving around or morning driving around, might have a dude that is like, you know, karaoke.
Speaker 1: Attired joy day, a tired Filipino karaoke start trying to drive waymos through the night.
Speaker 2: Uh so next time you decide to hop in a waymo. And I don't know anybody that's taking a weymo yet. I don't have anyone in my life.
Speaker 1: I mean neither. But somebody isn't.
Speaker 2: Aware of that has climbed into a weaimo.
Speaker 1: But my wife said that she was in a she was in a building in West La and she was waiting for an appointment. She was looking out the window and she saw one like stuck in an alley, like you know the band and animal house. It was there for like and she said, after her appointment she went and still doing that, going back and forth like Austin power, like Austin powers, I mean terrible. All right, it's time for Ronnie proof of life. Time for the song of the day.
Speaker 2: The song of the day.
Speaker 1: And proof of life.
Speaker 8: Life is what you shall get. Viagra Boys are a Swedish ensemble from Stockholm with our song of the day called Sports. And speaking of Sweden, they're doing quite well in the Winter Olympics. But I digress because you're listening to the Petros and Money Show live on AM five seventy LA Sports, the home of Dodger Baseball and Clippers basketball, where a flexilert is in place with a Clippers sporting it up this afternoon with the Rockets at Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. That all begins with Adam Osland and that coveted Clippers countdown show that begins at four o'clock.
Speaker 1: It's a coveted time slot, that's for Sureteed sir, Well, Matt, I feel like even though you had to dig and find that number of the day, and despite its simplicity, and you can't help that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, no, simple, so simple, so simple, lazy. It's just a simpleton. Hey, don't say that.
Speaker 1: I thought it was real.
Speaker 2: The last time you said that you got in trouble.
Speaker 1: I thought it was really good. I didn't know them dudes were in the Philippines. I thought for sure they were like and you know exactly as you described.
Speaker 2: Mar Vista Marvista Man.
Speaker 1: And we'll be back with the top story of the day. Filipino remote control drivers. Stand up.
Speaker 6: This is petro Send Money on Demand Demand.
Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, welcome back. It's Petrosen Money. We're happy to be here on this beautiful two edmono Tuesday. We never got to play hopeful music at noon, but we are hopeful that today's Great Sorts Talk episode finds you.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: We got Clippers Talk coming up at four, and then there'll be the Clippers Rockets and it's the same schedule tomorrow. Another flexile well er. I did find the episode during the break of nine oh two one oh, and it was labeled on Reddit as the nine O two to one oh Dance that cured racism, and it did so. I don't know what happened since then, because clearly Steve Sanders and Walsh had it going on a long time ago while Silver was dancing up on stage. We'll get to that soon, but right now it is time for the top story of the day, Top story of it.
Speaker 2: Well, two things on the Lakers one happy one year anniversary. A year ago today, Feb ten, twenty twenty five, Luka Doncic played his first game with the Lakers. Of course, he was traded a few weeks prior to that, but was still dealing with a foot issue, ankle issue, with a leg issue. Not much as changed record wise or potential to win a title wise. The Lakers. They're thirty two and twenty. Last year on Feb ten they were thirty two and nineteen. But but you know, once you get out from under that thumb, and it felt like Clutch Sports had like six thumbs, you know, on the Lakers, and now they're down to one thumb Lebron James, you know, maybe maybe things will be headed in the right direction.
Speaker 1: What is BRONI like a like a disfigured finger, like coming out of somebody's elbow.
Speaker 2: I think he's like a hangnail on the same thumb, you know what I mean, like easily clipped. Yes, it's gonna hurt, you know, yeah, yeah, it costs some some damage to the ticket sales, those those six hundred seats of the South Bay Lakers, but probably gonna have to be x Well, it's gonna have to be eliminated. Here we go. Things are a little different here a year later, even though the record is essentially the same and the optimism or pessimism surrounding the team's chances at a title are the same. Luca Doncie signed a three year extension. A lot of people said, you know, maybe he doesn't want to be here. It really freaked out when he got traded from Dallas, all that sort of stuff. So that's good. Luca has committed to the team long term, and Mark Walter bought the team. And of course we know Mark Walter bought a Dodger team from Frank McCourt, a Dodger team that had made the postseason, that had been competitive for NL West titles. But certainly we're never a serious World Series contender. There were a couple players kind of exciting, but nothing that really We sure as hell tried to sell it, nobody more than Vick Elmaniaco. But perhaps once Yeah, we move on from mister James in this offseason, and the Mark Walter effect has an opportunity in and off season to take over. We'll see what we saw with the Dodgers. Now to the second part. Lebron James is it a perfect stat. No inside of a single game, there could be runs in a game, so you know, a single game plus minus is really tough. But just do want to point out last night against the Thunder, Lebron James was a minus seven that is the second worst number of all starters, behind Jake la Ravia's minus nine. Lebron was on the court for thirty six minutes, la Ravia was out there for twenty four. So talking to about a guy that was nine points worse when he was out there and he was only out there for twenty four minutes. But Alex Caruso was out there for twenty four minutes as well, twelve minutes less than Lebron James, just like Jake Larabia. That's seven minutes less than Chet Holmgren who was a plus twelve, three minutes less than Isaiah Joe who was a plus fourteen, five minutes less than Austin Reeves who was a god awful minus fourteen. But Alex Caruso was a game best plus nineteen. Alex Caruso last night, the former Laker the Nick Mazella gem that he found and unearthed and helped find that role player's way to the Lakers roster, a difference maker, a glue of a player, the cack to the tile that was Lebron James before he was scuttled by the clutch sports idiots that wanted their role players here instead of the great Alex Caruso seven of eight from the field, three or four from three to seventeen points, one steal, zero turnovers, two assists in the second half. Alex Caruso came into the game at the five forty seven mark of the third quarter with the Lakers up six red to seventy seven. By the end of the third, Caruso had canned to three. The Lakers had scored just eight points, went through a scoring drought you know, aided in part for Oklahoma City by his tenacious defense, and the Thunder went into the fourth quarter up too. He scored five points early in the fourth. He got a breathere. He came back at the two thirty mark to close the game out as the Thunder pulled the way to win by nine. That is a fifteen point swing late in the game when Caruso was on the court, helping him to his plus nineteen for the contest.
Speaker 1: But now, Matt, forgive me for being simple here, but it is a consistent thing that Lebron is one of the most negative minus players there is of starters on a playoff team in the NBA.
Speaker 2: I believe you have referred to him as minus in the past. Indeed, so you got again plus nineteen best of all players compared to a minus seven of Lebron. And when frustrations took over late in the contest. I don't know if alex Caruso had on like a little heating belt for his back or if it was one of those electronic abs stimulators you know that like vibrate or electric shocking into gett a six pack like.
Speaker 1: He has a hard time winding down after games in Oklahoma City, so he ordered one r on TV late.
Speaker 2: And just got it delivered right to his city games when I sit on the bench. Here is the play by play of Lebron and Alex Caruso and their engagement.
Speaker 9: Fights across the NBA so far. Tonight and Lebron James alex Caruso former teammates here with the Lakers having words with one another. Saw Lou Door get involved.
Speaker 1: There's a Hardenstein.
Speaker 9: Gut in there, Andy Nag he got in between MA. Sure that didn't go any further. There's some laughter by the.
Speaker 1: End between those two teammates who.
Speaker 9: Won a title together in the Bubble in twenty twenty. Caruso will stay on the bench, Lebron will stay on the floor, a.
Speaker 2: Caruso smiling, laughing and why not. He's an NBA champion, a huge part of the Thunder success last year and this year. I don't know if I would say Lebron was laughing. He he seemed pretty serious. After the game, Caruso joked in his presser, Oh, yeah, we were about to fight. Continue to laugh about the incident. But Lebron was not laughing about much as he was peppered by a regular inquisitor that is played on the Petros and Money Show who may want to know what his daily routine is, who may have had a version of sciatica some some form of it, much to the disinterest of Lebron, who asked a rhetorical question that he was not seeking an answer. But here is Dan Woiki peppering Lebron James about what that team they faced last night looked like compared to what the Lakers are.
Speaker 7: Do you want me to compare us to them. No, I want to know what serves his team is on it such and that's a championship team right there. We're not We're so, what are the biggest things you think better keeping this team has? You can't sustain energy in that for forty eight minutes, and they can't. That's why they won a championship.
Speaker 2: So can't sustain energy for forty eight minutes. That's why they can win a championship and we can. Again. Lebron is in his eighth season with the Lakers. In those eight seasons, they have won a playoff series in two postseasons twice, as many as they have missed the playoffs. They have won a postseason series in two playoffs. They have missed the playoffs twice. That's what we're talking. So forgive me if I'm a little skeptical on what Lebron can do to help a team win a title. As you mentioned, p the plus, My thing here is a season long plus minus and what the average is game in and game out. Again, they are thirty two and twenty twelve over. They're in fifth place. Not terrible, not great, But when you consider the names at the top in the average plus minus per game over the season, over the course of the season, over sixty two games, sixty one for some team, sixty for others, sixty three for some Who do you see? You see Sega, Jake Yo, jess Abaxander, you see Nikola Jokic, You see Kate Cunningham on the first place Pistons. You see old Vic Wembin Yama, the Celtics, Derek White. Where's Alex Caruso? Alex Caruso is fourteenth in the NBA and average plus minus seven point seven plus seven point seven per game. Here is a list of Lakers got Austin Reeves plus two point one per game, Marcus Smart plus one point eight. Uh, look, Lucas plus point seven? Not great? Would you care to guess where Lebron is? Like if you were to rank all the NBA player, Well, you already know that with his LA minus tag, so I won't.
Speaker 1: I would say that he's very low.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and ninety eighth. Wow is where he ranks?
Speaker 1: Is it because he doesn't run down to court always? I do believe, I don't want to be simplistic.
Speaker 2: Does take into a Kellen the defensive side of the ball. I do believe you are correct there. He is right behind Noah Penda of the Orlando Magic and just ahead of Elijah Martin of the Toronto Rapters. That is the company that he keeps. Kawhi Leonard, who yes, has missed twenty games, but he is a plus three point seven. Donovan Mitchell, who was I guess it caught some strays because of a postgame comment as teammate made about Cleveland be in his town. Donovan Mitchell is a plus five point nine, Durant plus four point nine, and Bead plus four point one point being a Lebron a minus point eight. Superstars don't hang out down there. There are no other superstars down there, especially when they're on a team that's twelve games over five hundred.
Speaker 1: But do those other superstars consistently go up and down the court? Well, I mean that would be my question, right as I would say Lebron plus plus minus is probably pretty high for a guy that goes up and down the court maybe like two thirds of the time.
Speaker 2: I think, when you you know, when you look at the offensive side across the board, looks good, looks kind of great. Actually, twenty two points on fifty percent shooting forty one bro, he's forty one bro. He's shooting fifty percent from the floor, He's averaging six rebounds, seven assists over one steal per game. He's playing thirty three minutes Like that is That's not a hey, we're we're throwing you a bone and putting you in the All Star Game. That is all Star caliber level offense. I mean, when you consider the fact that he's shooting fifty percent, scoring twenty two points, and on top of that six rebound seven assists per game, that's yeah, you're an All Star. So how in the hell are you that bad on defense? How could you possibly be that bad that your plus minus is minus point eight when you are shooting fifty percent, averaging twenty two points, six rebounds, seven assists over a steal. How literally playing I mean literally with the best player in the league. Luca leads the league in scoring thirty three per game. He is shooting forty seven percent, eight rebounds, nine assists. He fills up the box score more than any other player. Austin Reeves is sixteenth in scoring twenty six points per game, five rebounds, six assists. How is it possible that you're gonna make the case that this guy is the greatest of all time, that he's still playing at an incredibly elite level, that he gets to run with those two guys. And yes, Reeves has been out for a minute and Luca has struggled to stay healthy. I get that part, but that should be enough.
Speaker 7: Like it.
Speaker 2: If you're as good as as everybody says you are, as you're sick of fans and your hangers on and your boot lickers profess you to be there, that can't be it, man. You cannot play with those two guys that are giving you sixty points per game, and what sixty points, fourteen rebounds and fifteen assists from the other two guys on your team. They don't play defense. Their defensive rating is twenty second out of thirty, their second in effective field goal percentage. They're eleventh overall on offense. But they turn the ball over. They play god awful defense. And if you want to be the guy that gets into the post game and makes these declarative statements about why you're not a championship team, about what this team needs to do better, about how you need to get serious, well then they're probably taking their cues from you, and you do not play any defense. And that's how you end up with a minus point eight. So you talk about having and sustaining energy for forty eight minutes, but likely because it's not like football where you can really dominate time of possession, it's probably going to be pretty even. It's going to be twenty four of those minutes on the defensive side of the court that you probably ought to be focusing on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, Matt, But don't the Lakers need like a real defensive center to.
Speaker 2: They could probably use that.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't Lebron be you know, shouldn't that be bestowed to the king? Should we? Doesn't Lebron need more help?
Speaker 2: I would love to get him a defensive first point guard, like a real elite perimeter defender.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You need something like some Greyhound like whipp it guys. Yeah, all around and do the stuff.
Speaker 2: Needs an eraser, a chut Holmegrin type in the middle there, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know it's not Lebron's fault that it's a layup line of down there.
Speaker 2: Seems like it's partially his. Jackson Hayes, I believe you have taken because of the the issues the Lakers have. I believe you have taken to watching quite a few Laker games this year, and I do think you see what I see when I like to watch the handful of Laker games I've taken in this year, and that's a lot of Lebron's standing around on the defensive side, a lot of standing around. Well that is, if he's down there, Yeah, might not even be down there.
Speaker 1: Sometimes he's not down there, might be.
Speaker 2: Having a conversation with the official at half court.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, Matt, you know, whenever you dip your toe in the in the Lebron hater because that's what you are, hater of a legend and me too, hashtag whenever you dip your toe in that pond, there's gonna be pushback. It's gonna be the Lebron sexuals. And here's the text. Here's the text right here. It says, you idiots, if the Lakers just had five Lebrons, five kings, they'd be fifty two and oh right now, like a chessboard, how are you gonna win against the board full of kings. The Lakers need to do the right thing and just send the whole team, do the g league and let he and baby King calone themselves like a Tom Brady dog and win the ship. And he sent five black king heads win the ship.
Speaker 2: Like you behind that.
Speaker 1: He's forty one, Matt, okay, and soon he's gonna take a month off after the All Star break to rev up for the first round.
Speaker 2: Of the playoffs, right, and which they'll lose.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't help that like the other best player on the team. No, he scores like fifty points a game and is the NBA's best player. Is like seems like a limping old man holding his hamstring a lot of the time and also does not play a link of defense, right, and like he's always grabbing his like looks like literally like he's in pain at all times, unless he's yelling.
Speaker 2: At the ref, which he does quite often.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's gonna be a hell of a season. Down to stretch, Matt. Now that football is over, we really have something to concentrate on.
Speaker 2: That's I've got my focus. It is singular and he ain't playing tonight, so I got to find something else to do.
Speaker 1: Well. Uh, you can watch the nine o two one oero episode that cured racism squash It, which we will get into next. I guess Rodney and Ronnie and Fred's relationship is offline.
Speaker 2: Now ve agreed to not air their grievances. It must be that that's my all behind closed doors.
Speaker 1: You have not there, you know, you know we're not there, so we don't know.
Speaker 2: There's no there there.
Speaker 1: Something happened between yesterday and today, so where my information pipeline has been cut off? But we can still squash it. In the next segment on AMPI seventy LA.
Speaker 6: Sports, Southern California's most listened to sports talk show, This is Petro Send Money on Demand.
Speaker 2: The NBA is here this weekend. NBA All Start twenty twenty six takes over Los Angeles. You got the Castro Rising Stars, Ruffles All Star Celebrity Game, NBA Crossover, NBA HBCU Classic presented by AT and t All here this weekend, Kia Form and the Intuit Dome four Events one Epic Hoops Weekend tickets are still available at NBA events dot Com. We do have a pair of tickets to the Castro Rising Stars game on Friday night right now up at the AM five seventy LA Sports Instagram page. Oh, that's how we're giving them away today. I believe we're gonna have another pair on Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 1: Copy that that is correct, Matt. Now, in regards to your Waimos story, somebody texted me from Arizona said the train tracks one was here in Tempe. Yes, I remember that we had that story, and I've used Wamo's before and it's kind of cool. No driver to ask, Hey, so what do you do for a living? Hey, chatty, Kathy leave me alone. I mean, I get that part of it. But now that Matt says there's a Filipino guy with a joystick who's been doing bon Jovi karaoke all night, right, you know, it makes it makes it a little tenuous, there's no doubt. And one other guy said, way mo, people that you think ride them. And then this guy says, dancing don't solve racism. You gotta stroke a chuck. I don't think stroking a check does either, sir. But uh, that brings us to Matt. Would you like to hear now I was wrong on a couple counts. This is the episode that solved racism and squashed it. Like I was trying to bring up the Fred and rod Ronnie Ai conflict yesterday on our air, the episode that squashed it on nine O two one zero was while they were still in high school, before Valerie Malone and her Big missiles showed up Kelly Kapowski, And it was in high school. It was not at the peach Pit after dark. It was at a dance in high school. But Silver is on stage dancing like an idiot.
Speaker 2: Wait, did squash? It wasn't at the peach pit.
Speaker 1: I don't believe.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought I remembered it being at the peach Pit.
Speaker 1: So did I. And there might be two episodes that solved racism because they didn't get all of it the first time, you know, kind of like a you know, like a like a doctor pimple popper. But here would you like to hear some of the one in the gym in the high school?
Speaker 3: Matt?
Speaker 2: Most definitely I will.
Speaker 1: Because what's happening here? What's your what's your notice is there's people that tried to bring Brand Brandon and his friends, the not racist West Beverly kids, brought in black kids too, and now there's like tension at the dance, and you know who's bringing most of the tension, Matt, like always cops, Okay, I was going to guess Steve Sanders but no, Sanders is one of the good guys in this situation. All right, let's have it.
Speaker 7: I think it's too paralyzed by fear. I just didn't see this coming.
Speaker 2: No one could have. Man, are you out of your mind? Brandon?
Speaker 7: Anybody could have.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just give it a rest?
Speaker 7: Okay, you're only making things worse.
Speaker 8: Hey, that's enough, Brandon Brand.
Speaker 1: Did you hear the cop come in and be like, hey, let's turn up the lights and you're making it worse? Man, man, because that's seventeen year olds talk to a cop in like a de EA jacket.
Speaker 10: Right, of these games, David, just keep playing. Get the show shut out of here. Hey hey, hey, hey, they're both guards.
Speaker 1: Let him go, goes to West Beverly, just messing around like we always do. Man, you guys getting everybody's face since we got here. No, man, it's not all right. Wait stop it. Do you want to see the white chick is going to come in to dance with the black guy and that's gonna settle everybody down. And then Donna Martin Tory Spelling comes in and takes another black guy to dance, and that shows that we're all in the same game.
Speaker 2: All right, No man, it's not all right self destruction?
Speaker 7: What you want?
Speaker 5: Do you want to dance?
Speaker 2: Come on, there's all dancellor ourselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Torri. Now everybody's facing things are getting better. Silver's up there doing pracism being cured right now?
Speaker 7: What like Beverly Hills Yet?
Speaker 1: No, you know me better than that?
Speaker 7: What does this mean I'm forgiven?
Speaker 8: Maybe maybe I just want to.
Speaker 1: Torture what stuff up there is proper is going and I'm not.
Speaker 2: Going to sit back and relaxed.
Speaker 9: We want to kill each other.
Speaker 2: How can know?
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't know you.
Speaker 2: Man, You want to shund trust station is growing and I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going all right? Good everything skill each other?
Speaker 5: How can I was like another that you want to like a Jedi man.
Speaker 1: We used to be able to solve these things within an hour or a half hour on television with commercial breaks. Oh yeah, go to bed feeling good about yourself, Like I felt great that they that they were that Wes Beverley let those black kids at their dance and they let them dance with their dates.
Speaker 8: Not so the money was elected elected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody loves them.
Speaker 2: Tech it out.
Speaker 1: I don't know about the peach Pit or my misinformation from earlier.
Speaker 2: But that's the worst peach Pit episode. I'm almost positive of it.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of good feelings I think that they had in the studio today, and I can't say for sure. And when I tried to bring it up, I kind of got the colt the shoulder frio, kind of like that you weren't there. You don't know what it was like for the truce, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: You don't know what it was like that day in West Beverly when Black danced with White to David Silver's mediocre music.
Speaker 2: I just wish we had a peach Pit after dark we could have hung out at.
Speaker 1: Or like the Attic.
Speaker 2: Or the Max at you know the Max from uh Saved by the Bell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a different set in your life where everything could happen right. Sadly, Matt Tory Spelling is now a hoarder in a rented property. Oh well, that's better than Dylan. Yeah he's dead, Yeah, which is very unfortunate. We'll be back with your work. Oh no, we're gonna do quickets in a fun fact, all right,