Speaker 1: This is the Tri State Chevy Dealer's Postgame Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now Pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five one three five one three, toph Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now postgames sports Talk.
Speaker 2: We are live at Wings and Rings King's Mills Location fifty five seventeen Kings Center Drive in Mason, and you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. This is Chick Ludwig and I'm alongside Bengals legend David Folger, and we're breaking down the Bengals thirty nine to thirty four loss to the Buffalo Bills like a wrecking ball. Mike Mills is our on site engineer Joe Waddell is producing back in our Kenwood studios. Wings burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials, wings and rings.
Speaker 3: Has it all.
Speaker 2: We're here at the King Center Drive location until eight thirty tonight and you are invited and if you can't be here in person, join us by calling five to one, three, seven four nine, seven thousand and awesome to be with. There's vultures today bringing out the family.
Speaker 3: David. It's great to see you.
Speaker 2: This was a game that looked very, very promising for the Bengals. Yeah, they led by ten points with eight forty four to go. Everything was going great until it wasn't until twenty one consecutive points for the Buffalo Bills on their way to a thirty nine to thirty four victory.
Speaker 3: You know, it's scary, man, because we sit here and we talk about what they're supposed to do, what they're not supposed to do, and with seven eight minutes left in the game, you got the football. You're up five four or five points, four points three points. Run the ball, run the ball, make Buffalo stop you but run the ball, and here we go. We get creative again and try to set up a quick pass to Chase because I think Burrow saw the blitz the corner coming, so Borrow saw that. He tried to get it out quick, didn't get enough air underneath them, and then the wheels fell off.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow's touchdown pass to Mike Gseki from twelve yards out gave the Bengals a twenty eight to eighteen lead with eight forty four to go. Yes, what five plus minutes later, we're down there, They're down by ten anyway, Josh Allen, And that's when you want the Bengals to get a stop right there, with a ten point lead, have a get the ball back, run the footballs titan, you know, kill the clock, win in style.
Speaker 3: But no, Josh.
Speaker 2: Allen gets loose for a forty yard touchdown run a minute eleven seconds later, pulling Buffalo within.
Speaker 3: Three, twenty eight to twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the really the play of the game that turned everything around.
Speaker 3: Swung the swung the momentum.
Speaker 2: Christian Benfords comes up the cornerback and Joe saw him. He tried to loft a pass over him on the right side, and he intercepts the ball and goes sixty three yards for a pick six at five point twenty five, giving Buffalo the lead for good. And then on Burrow's next pass, he gets tipped at the line of scrimmage, intercepted, and they stuff it in again.
Speaker 3: You know the here's the thing, And I heard Box Miller talking about this on the ride over about they didn't quit. You saw him fight. They kept doing what they were supposed to be doing. But it's just sometimes I think we tried to out fox the fox. We tried to out fox the other coach, try to come up with something that was the perfect time to put the ball in Chase Brown's hand and try to run some clock off. I know Joe has been doing a great job. The game was going to exactly where he wanted it. But once again, man, we've got to manage. And like I said, I'm not gonna sit here and talk bad about play call and whatnot, but seven minutes left in the game, and you're up three, or you're up five, whatever you were up, you've got to be able to run the clock out. I sitting there talking to my daughter watching the game, and the first thing I said was time management, clock management, run the ball, try to get you know, two or three yards every play and then make them in Buffalo use timeouts when they didn't they didn't really want to, and we give up the league. And once we gave the league up, now we're forced to go fast because you know, we got to score and tie the game up or get get ourselves back in a position to win, and we didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow was mostly spectacular in this game in the snow, and to win.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you he was cool. He was cool today. Them two interceptions really hurt. And I saw someone on Facebook or social media and said that Joe Burrow lost a game for us. Come on, y'all, come on now, come on, let's let's be real here. This is Cincinnati people talking about Joe Burrow blowing the game. The guy's trying to win. The guy did not have to come back from that foot injury. He's out there taking care of his business. He said he wanted to play with a team. He belongs out there. He said, they pay him a lot of money to do what he does. And it just didn't go his way and you got to find a way to win, and we just couldn't find it today.
Speaker 2: Four touchdowns in those conditions, I know, incredible, I know he was mostly spectacular.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: But then, like you said, the wheels do fall off. And the Bengals led in this game seven to open, fourteen to three, twenty one to eleven, twenty eight to eighteen, and all I want is to stop get the ball back with a ten point.
Speaker 3: Lead, and they can't do it one stop. You know, I watched defense, I watched the linebackers. I know they're young, but they're they're always out of place, out of position. This is what what did you say when you came in here.
Speaker 2: You can't play football unless you see the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they got their backs to the quarterback. You've got your back to the quarterback when the ball is being thrown. Why you think Josh Allen does what he does and throws the balls in there? If these guys just turn their heads and see the quarterback. And here's what happens to that chick. When you get down in the red zone inside the five yard line, three yard line and you're on first and goal, third and go whatever it may be. You become like a man, the man on the receiver that you're guarding. It's like playing basketball. You follow him wherever he goes and see where the ball is coming. And what do we do. We have our backs to the quarterback. We have no idea the ball's being thrown and that touchdown. Josh Allen had eight nine seconds to throw the ball. And when he threw the ball, it was right past the defender's ear. If the defender turns his head, he might even just reach out and grab that with his own mouth, not just his hand.
Speaker 2: An astounding stat. The Bengals are two and five this season, scoring thirty three or more points.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: The rest of the league fifty two and one.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's unbelievable. That is not supposed to happen, not with this kind of football team that we got here in Cincinnati. I think we're off to a flying start here.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to become that word bengalized.
Speaker 3: Win. Ain't heard that in a long time.
Speaker 2: When all the life gets sucked out of you, I mean, let's look at it here. The Bengals have fallen to four and nine on the season. Pittsburgh beats Baltimore at Baltimore to go to seven and six. So the Bengals are three games back with four games to go, and I KNOWE Joe and the rest of the Bengals were secretly hoping that Baltimore wouldn't win because Baltimore comes in here next week.
Speaker 3: Yes, but now the mountain becomes even steeper.
Speaker 2: Three games out, four games to go, we split with the Pittsburgh so it's gonna be a tough sled.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a tough one, man. But I saw something where there's there's still a shot. I mean, a team can win this division at nine and eight, nine and eight or eight, whatevere, eight and nine. It can happen. It could happen because Pittsburgh still hasn't played Detroit, Baltimore hasn't play these teams, so everybody still has an opportunity to make something happen. But today was the flator man. I knew when they were up fourteen to three, I said, if they can just hold on, they got a shot, and they kept answering the bell. But then when it was time, I just feel like we just don't have that killer when it's time to go get it done. You saw Buffalo today. When Buffalo was down, they were hunt they were hunting the Bengals up. They were hunting them, they were going after them. We just don't have that that finish, if that's the word to use that word. We don't have that finish. We just like let people hang around if we can get that finish, and that finish could come right before half. We had the ball right before half. We scored touchdown right there, put points on the board. We're really putting them in a hole and we couldn't do anything with that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a break. We'll come back and take your calls. We are live at Wings and Rings the King's Mills location fifty five seventeen King Center Drive in Mason, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati ESPN fifteen thirty. If you're listening to the Dry States post game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers with your hosts Chick lood Within alongside Faux Rock David Folcher, who has his family here tonight, and we're having a blast here at the Wings and Rings the Kings Mills location. Amber is our server. We really appreciate her and all the fine folks right here at Wings and Rings. Well, let's go out to the phones. Bengals lose thirty nine to thirty four. Just another game where they score thirty plus points and lose.
Speaker 3: I'm fired up, Rock, I am too. I'm trying to come out of retirement, but I know I can't. I wish I could, though. Hey is a pat in Redding there?
Speaker 5: Yes, I am Hey, I Pati.
Speaker 6: Tell your wife, I said, Hi, I met her last year after one of the games.
Speaker 7: Is you so so very nice?
Speaker 3: Will?
Speaker 6: I have all kinds of things I want to talk about. First of all, we were wondering about pe Higgins. We were absolutely.
Speaker 8: Stop that he came back in the game after two of those bad things that looked like concussion or that they could have been a concussion, And we were noticing that. You know, when he came back in, he was bobbling the passes, even the ones that he caught.
Speaker 5: Did you notice that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can. I actually thought that he wasn't going to come back. I thought maybe the concussions were taking their toll. But they put him in the blue tent. They did the necessary to see if this concussion was there, and he qualified to come back. He does double catch a lot of balls without a concussion. He does a lot of double catching. Balls don't stick to his hands like it does Chase, So Higgins does a lot of double catching balls. But you know today, you know he gutted it out, you know, because I still think that he was a little you know, a little cuckoo for Coca Puss. You know, he was a little bit dizzy, but he but he played and he said it. He said, I'm gonna go to war with my teammates and I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 6: Yep, that last catch was absolutely incredible. And here's another question. Do the reps refuse to call interference when somebody is clearly pulling on their arms?
Speaker 3: They I'm i'm gonna tell you, I'll tell you. I'll tell you why. I don't think they called passing aference on that one. It is because he caught it. If he doesn't catch that football, I think they're gonna throw the flag out because he only had one hand to grab the ball, and I didn't see a flag, so they should have. They should have thrown the flag no matter what.
Speaker 6: H Now, another thing about our defense. I think, of course the defense lost the game for us again.
Speaker 5: But again I'm watching.
Speaker 6: In the third quarter, the defense got a sack of Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: For about three yards.
Speaker 6: They started celebrating like they had just won the Super Bowl, and then we're going leave there. What down was that was that third bout? No, it was first down, and then of course they marched down the field and that's the drive where luckily he fumbled the.
Speaker 5: Ball and we recovered it.
Speaker 6: But isn't that a lack of maturity?
Speaker 3: That's one thing, Pat, I mean, that's one thing that I as a former player, and I understand that we all get excited, but I hate to see guys celebrate dancing and jumping around and you're losing by a touchdown or two because you made him play. A guy named Paul Brown, many many years ago told me, act like you've been there. Act like you've been there, Isaac Curtis, act like you've been there, and right, you know, if you're winning, if you're winning and you want to celebrate, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. But when you're losing and you start celebrating you forget about how you got there. And that's what Paul Brown used to tell us many many years ago. And you know, the football players are different today. I can't tell guy not to dance. I can't even tell a guy today what's he doing because they don't want to hear from us old guys. I'm an old guy, Chick. I don't know what's going on. I didn't never do that. I didn't do that stuff. Yeah, so so it's it's a little tough, you know, and you know, you don't want to see your team lose. It's very frustrating because this team has so much potential, but it happens every year. This football season has been a crazy football season for everybody. Yes, players getting hurt, coaches getting fired, people getting moved around. It's just a funny football season. So hopefully we still have a shot to do some things and if other teams get there, you know, get get the losses. But once again, we should not be sitting in this position, but we are.
Speaker 2: And Pat, thank you very much. Thanks, Pat, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: It's Matt and is Matt and Springfield available?
Speaker 4: And how's it going?
Speaker 9: Chick has always you doing?
Speaker 3: Then great, great, Thanks so much, Matt. How are you no problem?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 9: I'm doing all right, brother. It's just man, this season has definitely been one for the age. It's just been cursed as we was like, man, it's like we get into position every single time to you know, take a commanding lead and games. It's happened multiple times this year, and then they make just some kind of like you pointed out earlier, Chick, it's like bungalized, we make some kind of bungled bungled move to you know, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. That's the best way that I can put it. Because the Bengals had that game well in hand again to day. They did it all they had to know. Now milk the cloth, and they just try to get too cute. I feel like with Burrow, with them, with the screen and everything you needed it to just do what was working. They couldn't stop you up the middle. I mean the receiver receivers was getting opened up the middle all day, you know, pretty much slants and everything else. They could not stop that.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, why.
Speaker 9: Stops working to try to get cute late in the game when you know that your season is pretty much hanging in the balance, and once again, you know, they find a way to lose. And honestly, if the Bengals do lose next week, I know Burrow is a competitor, but I think maybe they should just still Joe, Hey, just go ahead and you know, pack it.
Speaker 3: Up for the year.
Speaker 9: But you know, just go ahead and pretty much loves out up that point to get a high draft pick, because this team badly needs a playmaker on the defensive side of the ball that can close the game out like a cale down to somebody like that, because right now what they have just think working they should have traded Trey Hendrickson while you still have value because he's missed half the year anyway, But I don't know. It's just frustrated, but you know, it is what it is. It's football at the end of the day, and this team has a lot of holes, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: But it's good talk, all right, Matt, appreciate it. Yeah, right, do we have days in Florida?
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 3: How you doing, yes, sir? Good?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So, first of all, all these people on social media blaming Joe for the law get a life. I mean, number nine is the reason that.
Speaker 13: They put up thirty four points in the first place and had a chance to win the game.
Speaker 12: So, you know, my my question is is does this team go into next year with these two guys as a lineback as your two linebackers.
Speaker 4: I mean, the.
Speaker 12: One guy is the eighty fourth out of the eighty fourth linebacker in the league. The other guy is eighty third. You're not winning with these two guys playing linebackers. It's like playing nine again, eleven against nine every week. They're they're I mean, neither one of these guys would even be on a roster if it wasn't for us drafting them or on precice on the practice.
Speaker 2: This team needs help at all phases of the defense, no doubt, front, middle, and back.
Speaker 12: I agree, yes, well, I agree.
Speaker 4: I agree with that chick.
Speaker 14: But the rookie the rookies game, Yeah, they're terrible.
Speaker 4: They're horrible.
Speaker 12: Barry Carter may be the worst linebacker I've ever seen play football.
Speaker 3: Hey, there's a lot of people in this restaurant right now clapping about that, and I see my daughter over there clapping. You know, it does make sense. I understand. I understand the mindset of having a young athlete coming into the NFL. Because he's young, he's faster, but old age and veterans can guide those young dudes can help those young guys. Well, you know, the defensive coordinator wants youth. But when these guys are out of places. The problem is this, We've been saying this all year about missing tackles. A lot of them are out of place. They're out of place, and then when they try to get back in place, it's too late. How does a tight end on the football team their tight end? I think they had something like ten thirty.
Speaker 2: Eleven catches for one and thirty seven yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Now, those eleven catches, those two touchdowns in all those yards were not man to man. They're in zone, yes, so we're we're in zone. Where in the where are the linebackers? They're gone. So I would say that I believe that they're going to have to go into this draft and maybe not draft a young dude because they got two young guys, but they're going to have to go out there and get some veteran knowledge through our free agency, and they've got to get it now. You don't want to get it three years from now and then and then now you've got these rookies who will be four year starters. It's too late. These guys are fast, they're very aware, but they're out of place. This is not college football, this is the NFL.
Speaker 2: What drove me crazy is a stunt from your left hand, Miles Murphy. Miles Murphy stunts inside, leaping the whole right side of the field open for Josh Allen to run.
Speaker 3: So that's either Miles Murphy's fault or it's the other guy's fault, because if Miles goes in, somebody's got to come out exactly right. So you're basically replacing each other. They call it a stunt. Yes, I'm gonna stunt inside. This guy stunts outside. Well, Murphy and the other guy, both of them are inside. And what did Jock Allen do? He runs out there and he gets up, picks up a whole bunch of yards.
Speaker 2: Well, and like Joe said in his news conference, the final run by Josh Allen seventeen yards for the first down is the essence of that guy.
Speaker 3: And that's incredible. And that's what's been happening this whole year with this football team third down and long, third down and seventeen. You're expecting that team to punt the football, but we're not doing that. We're not getting off the field when we need to get off the field.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen ran for seventy eight yards and that's more yards than the Bengals had.
Speaker 3: As a team. Sixty two.
Speaker 2: Hey, we've reached the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: Break.
Speaker 2: We've got to take a break. He's David Foulter. This is Chick Ludwig. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers, live from Wings and Rings, King's Mills on seven hundred WLW at Cincinnati, ZESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri State Chevy Dealer's post game Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter, Pella Now Pay Later Carrier, and your local carrier Dealers turned to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five to one three five one three, toph Postman Law Injured Call eight four to four Postman others promise postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers, the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years and now host games sports Talk.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports Talk presented by RNL Terriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. He's David Foulter. This is Chick Ludwig and we are live at Wings and Rings the Kings Mills location fifty five seventeen King Center Drive.
Speaker 3: Awesome to be here.
Speaker 2: We appreciate our server Ember and they and all the great folks here at Wings and Rings. Wings and Rings has it all wings, burger, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials.
Speaker 3: Great to be here.
Speaker 2: And before we go back out to the phones, David, let's review the delivery of the game to you by RNL Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make RNL Carriers your global transportation provider. And yes, even though the Bengals were down in this game by eleven, Tie Higgins catches a twenty five yard pass from Joe Burrow with Jadavious White the cornerback, Tradavius White pulling on his left arm, pulling on that. That was just a phenomenal catch by T.
Speaker 3: Great catch, and I you know, when we saw that, expecting to see the flag. If T Higgins doesn't make that catch, I'm assuming that the flag would have came out because he could not get that left arm up there to catch the ball. But what a great catch, and what a great effort from a guy who's coming off of concussion a week ago, two weeks ago, didn't play last week, plays this week. And he said it on after the game. You know, I'm a gamer. You know my job is to go out there and make plays and be part of this team. I want to see them succeed. So I'm gonna be out there. And I know the lady called earlier, Pat said that, you know when T was dropping balls, he does double catch a lot of balls. And I don't know if it's because of the concussion and things aren't clear, but the guy gained he game today and they winning that blue tent. They came back out. He did everything he's going to do. He passed it and he wants to play the same way with Joe. I thought, I thought I heard somebody say that that Joe should sitting down because the season's over. No, I mean, he's part of this franchise. He might be the franchise the franchise, but he's part of this franchise, and we're supposed to go out there and play. No matter if we're ten and two or two and ten, we still have to go out there and give an effort.
Speaker 2: And that was the delivery of the game, the twenty five yard touchdown passed from Joe Burrow to t Higgins. It's brought to you by RNL Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make RNL Carriers your global transportation provider. Anybody who says that Joe Burrow was the reason the Bengals lost today is absolutely insane. He is a.
Speaker 3: Warrior, crazy, absolute warrior.
Speaker 2: If you listen to his postgame news conference, he talked about he rehabbed his tail off. Oh yeah, to get back here early, to get back. He loves the game, he loves the teammates, he wants to win for the city. He says all the right things. The dude is an absolute beast. He's a warrior, and thirty one other clubs would.
Speaker 3: Love to have him, oh without a doubt. I mean, I remember at one time, what team was that thinking about giving up all their draft picks for Joe Burrow? The Jets. The Jets were talking about, you know, trading. I don't know if it was the Jets or it was just a beat writer trying to get some attention. But the Jets will say, and they'll take Joe Burrow and give up all their draft choices. Now that just tells me that the guy's a winner. He's a gamer, you know. And the guy really got back in shape, got that foot right, because I didn't think that he would come back and touch the field at all this year and maybe not even for the finish his career plan. Because turf toes are not a joke.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 3: I've had turf toe. I've stucked my toe before and I've never had surgery on it, but I still have lingering effects from that, that jam and that toe. Joe Burrow gets his completely stitched and redone. So a little bit different when you spring an ankle compared to breaking an ankle, because when you break something, they have to go in there and completely fix it. When it's a screen or it's a snap, they'll go in there and and mess around with and tweak it so you can play. But this guy is a gamer. And for whoever thinks that Joe Burrow lost this game for the Bengals need to be hall time. Doja out.
Speaker 2: Let's go out to the phone. So our good friend Mark and Florence.
Speaker 3: Hey, Mark, what's up, buddy?
Speaker 4: How's it going? I got a Dave. Put your question first. I want to know will he be at Radstats this year?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm gonna be there. Man. I just got the email from uh the gentleman who puts it on, and yes, I will definitely be there. Reds fast correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I'm gonna come and see you. But back to the game. I don't know what the down and distance was when Pearled threw that first interception, but it looked like.
Speaker 15: To me.
Speaker 4: That ball was slipping out of his hands.
Speaker 5: He didn't have a shot on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look like a shot, and he tried to push the ball up in the air over that defender. I personally think that he shouldn't have even tried to make that throw. The defender was right there.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, he was blitzing. The corner was blitzing. Joe saw the blitz. It was a hot blitz, so that means the ball's coming out quick. And I think, Joe, if you ever played golf and you swung the club and you don't really swing it, you try to guide the ball, try to guide the swing. Well, guess what I think Joe Burrow tried to guide that pass instead of throwing it. And that's why the guy inters up at that ball. He saw the bits coming and you know what, if that ball goes over that guy's head, Chase tesches the football and maybe get five to ten yards because there was nobody else in near Chase on that throat.
Speaker 2: It was first in ten at Buffalo's thirty three yard line with five point thirty five to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay. And another thing that stood out to me this defense. You know they can't never stop nobody. This week they was playing a better quarterback. You knew his goal to was gonna be his tight end. You remember early in the game when they converted two fourth downs. If the Bengals get a stop on one of those fourth downs they got one later in that half, they could have put that game away early if that defense had a showed up. So I just I'm looking at at their defense, like God, just give one stop. And you know.
Speaker 3: The defense if you look, if you look at if you look at the last couple of weeks, our defense has has played better. You know, we lose the Pittsburgh but we only give up so many points, and then we come back and we beat another team. We give us so many points win the game. And everything was starting to come around in the last three weeks. Twenty points was the most I think twenty sixteen and fourteen, and then we come out there today and I'm telling you, it's the thing that shocks me the most is the long conversions, the third down and sixteens, the second down and seventeen, and we give up eighteen, we give up seventeen, we give up the first down on third down and forever. That shouldn't happen. Though it should not happen, there's got to be It's gotta be somewhere in there that you say enough is enough on third down and long fourth and one, fourth and two, those are tough go ahead linebacker.
Speaker 4: Line questioned, before I'll get off the two linebackers that the Bengals have now, Dave, when you played, they played three linebackers, they had a middle linebacker and two outside linebackers.
Speaker 3: Those we we played a four to three defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those two linebackers. And you can tell me if I'm wrong. They look like they fit more if you played three linebackers, you had a middle linebacker and they played on the outside. They look like more of those type of linebackers. And my wrong. And how I'm looking at that.
Speaker 3: Well, I wouldn't. I don't know if I would say that you're wrong. I just know that, Yeah, they're young, and we can blame it on young, but they're they're national football players. Now. They didn't played enough games to say they're not rookies anymore. You know, after you played three or four games, that rookie status has gone. Now, Okay, so you got these two young studs that can flat out fly, but they're they seem to be out of place a lot, meaning balls are being caught in front of him, and then when they don't drop back, balls have been called caught behind them. And today was just an absolute bismal performance. When the tight end gets the eleven catches one hundred and eighty something yards. This did not happen to tight ends. But this only happened because we're giving up fifteen twenty yards every catch on the tight end. Kind of tough, but you made great points there. Man. Appreciate your call. O.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, Mark, as always, Yes, appreciate a man. And we've got to take a break. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's David Folcher, this is Chick Ludwig. We're live at Wings and Rings that Kings Mills location King Center Drive in Mason on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Saw presented by RNL Carriers following the bengals thirty nine to thirty four loss to the Buffalo Bills in Orchard Park, New York. And it's awesome to be here at the Wings and Rings location King's Mills alongside my partner David Fulcher. You got the Chick magnets and you got the vultures of Volts. The vultures the voltzers are here. Yeah, folks coming up saying hi to David. He gives out a free autograph.
Speaker 3: No cost, No cost autographs, man.
Speaker 2: No, and uh, just a reminder of fans out there. The postgame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by the AE Door and Window Company. They sell the best and service the rest. David, four games left. You're three games out. But like you said, you remember this team. Joe Burrow wants to play. You can't afford to. You're playing for your job. That's it, man, So you got to give it all you got.
Speaker 3: And chicks and Joe said that last week people, why are you playing Joe when the football season's over? He said, this is my job. They paid me a lot of money to go out there and play for a kid's game, you know, fifty fifty five million dollars worth. A guy wants to play it, but I do understand that if he comes up lame, that he's never going to be able to play or get hurt again. I can understand that, but this is this is this is not and I won't say, you know, another sport is less than football, but we're playing football. It's physical. You're supposed to go out there and hit the other guy. And if you get hurt, it's not like I'm doing it on purpose. It just happens. So for Joe Burrow to say I want to play, let him play. Absolutely, let's go after the phones. Mike in Los Angeles, Hello, Mike, are you there?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: Chipster?
Speaker 7: David kol Rock.
Speaker 5: How are you guys?
Speaker 3: We're good good.
Speaker 5: Thanks for taking my call, Jonman, I really appreciate. Hey, I'm calling you from Compton.
Speaker 16: My brother picked me up, the veteran brother, Diodnam veteran brothers.
Speaker 5: Picked me up after my surgery and brought me back. Today. We watched the Bengals game and then watched the watching the Rams game. It was awesome. So at greetings from Compton.
Speaker 3: My friend.
Speaker 2: Hey bank, a veteran bank, a veteran Pearl Harbor day.
Speaker 3: There you go. Yeah, in my backyard made Compton, Inglewood, Los Angeles, South Central. That's my backyard.
Speaker 16: I know it is bro I yesterday I was down and watched for a wait for one of the ladies at the books at the DA and I never had more count at the funeral in my life. The music was incredible, the food, but it was not a mummer. It was a celebration of that person's life.
Speaker 17: It was really wonderful.
Speaker 3: So what's your football question? Man?
Speaker 16: I got off the track.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, Dave, if you had to rates to Uh. Well, by the way, the maybe midshipmen are gonna make the bear of cats walk the blank the gangplank and give him a burial at sea when we play in that liberty bawl. Okay, just mark my words.
Speaker 5: The shipmen are gonna whoop the.
Speaker 17: Bear catch But okay, Uh, how would you rate battle?
Speaker 4: And uh? And the stone?
Speaker 5: Would you keep them?
Speaker 10: Would you shop?
Speaker 4: What would you do today?
Speaker 3: You know? I here's the thing about battle. I think battle Battle's coming from a battle test at university when they're drafted him here so he knows he knows how to play. I just think that sometimes schemes, schemes are a little bit bigger and harder for some players. And I know when when when de coordinator came from Notre Dame, Notre Dame Defense was flying around a lot of young guys, and I think that's that was his mindset when he will on it to have these guys here, my guy, Geno Stone. You know, I've been pretty heavy on him, just excemple fact that you know he's he's missing tackles or I think a lot of it is just being on a place when you're when you're on a place, you have to work hard to get back in the place. These guys are running left and right when they don't have to. You know, I look at stuff and they run out of there really quick. Pre snap, they're fifteen to twenty yards deep. Quarterback sees that, what does he do? He throws the ball in front of him because these guys now have dropping ten yards deeper. Linebackers are not getting deep. Linebackers are short, or they're getting too deep, and they're they're all wide open. I do believe that these players are out of place. And the last couple of weeks, I'd have to give Geno stone and battle, you know somewhere around that c plus that they were playing okay. But again, it's eleven guys on defense have to do their job for all of them to be successful. If one guy is out of place, or two guys or three guys are out of place, that's hard to that's hard to make up. When teams like Buffalo, teams like Pittsburgh, teams like Baltimore are throwing the ball in the middle of the field when your guys aren't there. But it doesn't happen to our offense. You don't see our tight ends wide open across the middle because these guys are out of place, and that's why they rush for one hundred and eighty three yards today gashes one and eighty three yards come on.
Speaker 2: And two hundred and fifty one yards through the air. So they were very balanced, very balanced.
Speaker 3: Man. We are not.
Speaker 2: The Bengals are not balanced. They're not running the football enough.
Speaker 3: Period. What we're looking for is we're looking for Joe Burrow to win football games all the time. And if Joe Burrow doesn't win football games, if Joe Burrow doesn't throw four touchdowns like he did today, we're out. If Joe Burrow throwed, don't throw those two interceptions, we win the football game. But we want to blame that on Joe. No, we gave up thirty something points. If we don't give up the thirty something points, we got another victory in a thirty points score that we've scored. What's our what's the record of the Bengals when it comes to this year with thirty something point.
Speaker 2: Five, scoring thirty three or more points two and five.
Speaker 3: The rest of the league is fifty two and one. Come on, man, we're supposed to be part of fifty two. We're part of the We're not part of fifty two because we can't stop people from.
Speaker 2: Schooling and we've got to run. Mike and La appreciate the call. Thanks Mike. We've got Bryce, We've got Patrick, and we've got Rick. Hang on, we're coming to you next. We've reached the bottom of the hour break. We're live at Wings and Rings, the Kings Mills location, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers seven hundre WLW in Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty Welcome back to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's David Folter, this is Chick Ludwig, and we are live at Wings and Rings, that Kings Mills location, fifty five seventeen King Center Drive in Mason on seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati's ESPN. We're breaking down the bengals thirty nine to forty thirty four loss to the Buffalo Bills like a wrecking ball.
Speaker 3: Like a wrecking ball. We just got a good little kudos thumbs up from our partner, Lance mccalison listening to us. Thank you, LUs, thank you Lance. Appreciate that. Brother.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh I'm and I'm reading Lance on online. Man, he's got some strong words from UC basketball.
Speaker 3: Lance is good man, Lance is good Landae guy, He's absolutely the best.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's go out to the phones and welcome in my man, Bryce in Anderson.
Speaker 3: Bryce. What's going on.
Speaker 16: By Jay?
Speaker 18: Hey, David, I mean who else with the Bengals in The Bengals were in position to win today and in familiar Bengals fashion, Joe Brook there's two inter sessions on backpack offensive place. But David, as you were saying, that's not the only reason they lost. The Bengals have had a tread of Selfing's looked at errors in the fourth quarter that they really need to fix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is it about the fourth quarter?
Speaker 3: David?
Speaker 2: You're supposed to finish, not to trample.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm That's what I'm saying, man. We there's something missing. We got our foot on the gas, you know, Paul Brown, I'm going back to PB's team where you got to foot down on the throat. You don't raise the foot off somehow, we just keep raising our feet up. We don't. We don't know how to We don't have that killer killedness at the end of it, the killer instinct of saying, I'm gonna we're going after you. But other teams do it to us. There's never a comfortable win. Never. Never, you're I'm holding.
Speaker 2: My breath with a fourteen point lead with two minutes to go with this club, you're right stepping on the gas, putting the foot on the throat.
Speaker 3: We don't know how to close, finish and close. Close. That's it. If we knew how to close the deal. You watch the other teams in the NFL how they closed the deal. How does the day's game become all about the tight ends for Buffalo? That shouldn't happen. I'm probably gonna be saying this until the next week is old with because it should not happen that a tight end football with the Buffalo Bills. Now we're talking, we're talking Josh Allen, we're talking a good running back and Cook and they got some tight ends, and they got wide receivers. But the tight ends are the ones who beat us today. That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Thirteen targets, eleven catches, one hundred and thirty seven yards, Jowson Knox six catches for ninety three, Dalton Kincaid four catches for forty one and a touchdown, and Jackson Hawes, Yeah, one catch, three yards, touchdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ithoudn't happen. And you know that touchdown that he threw. Guess what there was nobody buying. All of them linebackers had their numbers facing the quarterback. You can't play football until you find the ball. If you don't find the ball, chick, those things are gonna happen. And it happened to us twice to day.
Speaker 2: Oh Josh Allen threaded the needle on that first touch, Now he did that was incredible, But.
Speaker 3: You know it was coming. I knew it was coming. I could see. I could see at the line of scrimmage that the end to What about the quick passes that they ran, the quick slant, we're not even we're not even stopping that right see. And for me to get on the goal line, I've got If I'm a corner, I've got help. If I do have help on the inside. I've got ten guys inside of me. If I've got help, I'll stand outside. But when I don't have help, I gotta be head up. I can't give him a way to go outside or inside. And we give up the inside twice.
Speaker 2: And on right before James Cook's fumble in the end zone. Yes, the Cincinnati Bengals corner back in the red zone seven yards off the line of scrimmage, a quick slant inside, you're giving You're giving up a catch inside like the five yard line.
Speaker 3: You know when the rule of thumb is when you get down inside the end zone or you're on the three yard line and you stand on the goal line, you don't back up. You stand there. You make the quarterback to have a perfect throw to throw it over your head. If you back up and you're two yards in the end zone, you just gave that guy two yards to catch the ball. And that's what we're doing. I don't know what the scheme is asking for them to do down in the red zone, but right now we're really really abysmal in bad in the red zone because we're giving up touchdowns frequently, not just won every blue moon. We're giving up seven six six six points in the red zone and it's killing us. Let's go out to the phones.
Speaker 2: Chuck is in New York, Chuck, get there, Chuck.
Speaker 3: Okay. I wonder if he's the Bill's Mafia.
Speaker 2: And I'm in touch with a member of the Bill's Mafia, the one who started it, Del Reed. I love you, great guy. We exchanged text this week. He said good luck to the Bengals, but not too much, you know. And I told him, I said, if the Bengals can't win the Super Bowl, Buffo, I'm rooting for the Buffalo Bill.
Speaker 3: They have unbelievable fans. They the Buffalo Bill Mafia fans, Cincinnati fans, you know, two of the greatest franchises fans in football.
Speaker 2: Driving into what is at high Mark Stadium, now it's got about ten he's had.
Speaker 3: Ten different names.
Speaker 2: Turning the corner and driving up to high Mark Stadium, You've got folks on both sides of the.
Speaker 3: Street and walk. And this was the last game into that in that stadium.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. They was the last game into their new stadium. So unbelievable. But they're lined up drinking their little back blue. Oh yeah, on both sides of the street. Yeah, tailgating for Miles the awesome.
Speaker 3: They don't, they don't. They do not stop partying in Buffalo until tomorrow. Right now, they're probably gonna having a good time right now in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. Do we have john in Boston.
Speaker 5: Chick David, how are you guys today?
Speaker 3: We are good. We're hanging in Johnny.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's all we could do right after that one. That was an exhausting loss. You know, I want to get more on the defense here. Obviously, Borrow's interceptions were monumental, more of the first one than the second one. The second one was a tip. But when you look at the defense, they don't have any wide receivers Buffalo. They just Brandon Cooks, so you really never self threatened by the receivers.
Speaker 5: They sit a full job of.
Speaker 19: Covering the tight ends all game long. I mean, that should have been priority number two, after making sure Allen doesn't beat you with his legs. The Patriots beat the Bills earlier when the season held them to twenty points in Buffaloes. They're only lost in the last two plus seasons because they were so disciplined on the pass rush that there weren't lanes for.
Speaker 5: Him to run.
Speaker 19: If you have a choice of Josh Allen sitting in the pocket and picking you apart or running, let him try to pick you apart. I don't think he could have a seven eight nine play drive like Burrow does where they go down and meticulously.
Speaker 3: Advance the ball once you open up the running lanes.
Speaker 19: For him, it's total chaos and then that fan base goes not that forty one.
Speaker 3: Yards down run.
Speaker 19: For me, it was the biggest play of the game because you're up ten. He does that, the crowd goes n year only down three, the sidelines going nothing. It's like faith goes up. At to that point, it played pretty garden. They're perfect and they only had a three point lead.
Speaker 2: Cedrick Johnson rushed the quarterback but went right casting.
Speaker 3: See that vacated a.
Speaker 2: Area and Josh Allen runs a forty yard touchdown.
Speaker 3: You know what do we talk about? Angles? Angles and angles, blocking and tackling, throwing and catching angles. So you got two guys rushing, you got one lineman. He's gotta grab one of them, and he grabs the inside guy and the outside guy. You gotta slow down. You can't. You're trying to get in there and make this kill shot. We need short tacklers with smart instincts. When you start, when you're free, you gotta break down. You can't just run in there like a wrecking ball, thinking you're gonna tackle this quarterback. And Josh Allen is not your typical quarterback. Josh Allen will bring it to you. He's not getting down, so you have to slow down to make a short tackle. And we didn't do it.
Speaker 2: And if you run past him, you're dead.
Speaker 3: You're dead. You're dead. And you saw him running down the field and our dB, the dB is covering the receiver. Come on, man, the ball it ain't came there yet. Can you turn your head to see what's going on? Oh, the quarterback's running running, Go make a play. He's still running down the field, running with the wide receiver. And that just tells me is that we're not there. We're not all there. We're focused on one thing, covering that receiver. When the quarterback is running free for sixty yards and he's coming towards you just stop, turn around and go make a tackle. It's tough.
Speaker 19: It's having a third and fifteen run by Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm.
Speaker 19: This is going to be an eighteen yard run. Well was it an eighteen yard run? It was no surprise because again and.
Speaker 3: You knew it was coming. You knew it was coming. Yeah, the essence of Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: What a what a beast. He's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Nine carries, seventy eight yards. Yeah, Josh Allen is a quarterback and running back and one tight end and one body. The guy was not flown. He will not fall down. He's going to challenge you if if you don't hit him, he's gonna continue to keep doing that to you. So if I'm the defensive guy on defense, I'm not trying to hurt you, Josh, but you're gonna you're gonna feel thirty three all day, you know. And if he keeps running the ball you hit him, that is not your fault that he's a quarterback trying to be a running back. You knock his head off. And these guys won't do it. Man, They're gonna spy him. Can you spy? Let me tell you something. Every time the Bengals play football, I don't care who it is. Next week is Baltimore Ravens. You spy a guy? You put a linebacker right there? Five six yards off the line of scrimmage and his job, his solo job, is to make sure that that quarterback does not get out of that pocket and take off running. If you don't do that, you're gonna lose. And then you got Lamar Jackson come in here next week. The same thing is gonna happen if you do not have a spy there, Despy, that guy he's gonna beat you with his feet.
Speaker 2: Hey, appreciate the costs. We've got to take a break. We're live at Wings and Rings, the Kings Mills location, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW at Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's David Folter and we've got Fulter's Vultures Fulters. This is Chick Ludwig. There might be a couple of magnets in the house.
Speaker 3: Magnetig magazine here, but we are talking Bengals football, wall to wall. Great to have four.
Speaker 2: Time All American David Folter from Arizona State University with us a truly legend strip Yes, sir, that's right. Oh my gosh, let's go out to the phones. We've got Chuck is back from New York.
Speaker 3: Chuck.
Speaker 2: Are you and the Bills Mafia?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 10: I've been a Bengals fan my whole life. What I'm mad about it his chick is uh.
Speaker 20: You know, when it comes down to Bill's Bengals, this is Josh Allen versus Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, yeah, r lead.
Speaker 20: Versus dear elite and narly played.
Speaker 10: Better than our lead. There's the only way to describe it.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, Josh Allen is a monster, and like David said, he is a combination quarterback, running back, line, h back. Yeah, he's everything. He's everything. Joe Burrow is a warrior.
Speaker 10: Joe Burrows are everything to.
Speaker 3: See. If if if I'm and I'm watching Josh Allen, I'm watching what the Buffalo Bills do with Josh Allen. Josh Allen, if you were watching him when he scrambles, he fakes the ball like he's going to throw it a lot and people jump, Well, you're supposed to stay on your feet. You don't go for the faith. If he throws the ball and you stay on your feet, you run through him and you make a tackle. If he jumps and throws the ball, or like he's gonna jump and throw the ball and he doesn't throw it, then you got a chance to make the good tackle. I don't know why people don't spy him. You know, I know this sounds crazy because you're gonna wind up having it.
Speaker 10: I agree, but I agree.
Speaker 20: I think that like when when we throwed up the game did here at the beginning of teas, it was Josh Allen versus Joe Burrow, and Josh Allen was just simply better.
Speaker 3: See I beg the difference when I hear people say Joe Burrow versus Josh Allen, because Joe Burrow is throwing against the Buffalo Bill's defense, not Josh Allen. Josh Allen is playing against the Bengals defense, not Joe Burrow. So when when Josh, when Josh Allen wins the game, you can't get in say Joe Burrow, you lost the game because Josh Allen beat you. No, the defense didn't stop Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: Two great quarterbacks. And that's the beauty of the NFL, that different.
Speaker 3: Styles, different styles. Well, that one was better because the other side of the ball let him do what he wanted to do and the other one didn't. Them two interceptions that Joe threw, now I know those were bad interceptions and Joe wish you had him back, But it wasn't Josh Allen intercepting Joe Burrow. It was the defense and they lined it up for Joe, for Josh Allen or Joe Burrow to make a play or not make a play. So I know when it comes up and I see people go Joe Burrow versus Josh Allen, well, you know, Joe Burrow is a quarterback for us and Josh was the quarterback of Buffalo. But they still got to make plays and the defense got to stop him.
Speaker 20: I think the game was I think the game was lost in the first half when Burrow was scrambling around and he couldn't connect with Tea because you know, the defense as bad as it is.
Speaker 3: For us, that that play right there, I'll tell you you've got a field goal. You're correct that play first exactly when Higgins dropped the ball, like, I think those were the two key players that of that game. The play that Joe scrambled and he threw back across his body and he just threw the ball over t Higgins. That was a big play. If Joe connects that play, that's an opportunity for them to either go down and kick a field goal or go down score a touchdown. And those are the plays that other teams are making on us. If you're talking about the end of the half. Yeah, when Joe overthrew team and he was wide open and it was just dropping to him, you know, and adrenaline, throw the ball too hard, you're.
Speaker 10: Moving and what happened to get open? But it was just a mess. Yah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know, you can't get them all and and for fortunate for us today we had an opportunity. Thank you, brother.
Speaker 2: That's a lot Chuck. Yes, we've got John and Independence. Hey John, Hello, fellas, where are you John?
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 5: I'm good man considering the loss.
Speaker 12: I'm a lifer, man.
Speaker 7: I love the Bangles.
Speaker 3: Same here, man, You're not same here in nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you got me beat by a few years.
Speaker 5: You guys do a tremendous show. I think I tuned in a lot and thank you for that.
Speaker 3: But you're welcome.
Speaker 2: A lot of people driving a lot of people driving back home. They're listening. So I appreciate. We appreciate each and every listener every day from sea to Shining Sea and beyond.
Speaker 10: Yep, yeah, you guys are great. Thank you.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I thought it was a comment today. I thought, you know, Zach Taylor has a Porsche referring to the Bengals team.
Speaker 5: Why is he being out driven by the other people.
Speaker 10: Along the road?
Speaker 3: I didn't hear that one.
Speaker 2: Why is he being driven off the road if he's got a Porsche?
Speaker 20: Okay, he's got as a team is what I'm what I'm comparing with.
Speaker 10: Okay, he's got a Porsche.
Speaker 5: This is a fantastic team.
Speaker 10: Both sides of the ball.
Speaker 5: They do make mistakes, we all do.
Speaker 17: But Beth Taylor has a Porsche for his vehic and.
Speaker 13: Every other vehicle on the road is driving better and faster than they're winning. Why aren't we winning when we have a Porsche As a team.
Speaker 2: The Bengals cannot close, They cannot close the deal. They had the opportunity today with a ten point lead with eight minutes and forty four seconds to go, and then two interceptions happened.
Speaker 3: Yep, Now we're behind. No, I agree, I agree with you. I mean, this is if if we're going to put vehicles in place of saying this should happen. If we're a poors, we're We're not. We're not. We're not putting our foot down on the gas pedal.
Speaker 2: The defense was a mash rambler and it got run over by a runaway.
Speaker 3: Train in the second half. In the fourth quarter, a lot of four by four is on that on that other team just ran right on top of us. All we gotta do is make up. You know, when you look at it, Chick, it's it's it's a play here and a play there. Yeah, it's not like it's fifteen plays throughout the game that that are. It's a play here of play there. Third down. Offensively, we were at one time, I'm not mistaken we were. We finished the game I think nine of eleven or eight ten on third down eight eight eighty eight percent eighty percent third down and you don't win the game. Tells me something wrong and we're missing something somewhere else. So somebody's got to step up and make a play, or this whole team needs to step up and make a play. And for some reason, man, we just don't know how to close the door. I hear, I hear, I hear our our our radio broadcast and uh Dave Lapping and Dan Horde coffin nails, coffin nails. Well we forgot the hammer, yep, because we can't we can't nail put the nail in the coffin if we don't do our job. And right now we're not doing our job enough. And Johnny, we got to run. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: How about thanks, thank you very much. How about Johnny and West Carrollton? Is that right, Johnny?
Speaker 3: Is he there? How about Hello?
Speaker 2: Help?
Speaker 3: Hey? Is this Johnny?
Speaker 10: Hello?
Speaker 3: Who do you got talk to us?
Speaker 21: Man?
Speaker 17: We hear you.
Speaker 4: Church?
Speaker 3: Question?
Speaker 14: Is louping his asshof right now?
Speaker 3: Is Lou laughing?
Speaker 7: Well, if he laughing his asshof right now?
Speaker 3: I don't necessarily they just lost their quarterback. They just lost in the quarterback. They probably not laughing, but I will say that he's probably saying it wasn't my fault in Cincinnati because I got a team in the Inannapolis. Boy, my defense is playing well.
Speaker 20: Alabama could put points on us right now. Come on, now, our defense is terrible.
Speaker 4: Come on the.
Speaker 10: Face this David Polcher, you're a defensive guy.
Speaker 3: Talk to me now. No, I've said it earlier, Man, I've said it earlier.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 3: Our defense is they're suspect. You know, we're I think we're out of place. I know, I know we missed tackles, but but I would say that, you know you you you've got to find a way to make it happen. Man, you got eleven guys on defense. They need to have that close, closed door meeting. They probably did already, but somehow we're not We're not consistent enough. You know, you're gonna give him some first downs, you're gonna give up a catch, you're gonna give up a run, But you can't keep giving up five or six or seven of those throughout a game and expect to win. Thank you, man, Thanks for carling.
Speaker 2: Zach, you for calling Yes, sir, we've got we've got Mike and Norwood.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, how about no everybody?
Speaker 3: Did you like call cool and calm?
Speaker 14: He what a game we played against the best team in the WEFC, and we gave him a run for the money for the show, and fortunately.
Speaker 17: We lost, but it was a good game.
Speaker 14: And I just want to point out that when fifty eight. Osiah knocked the scrambling numbers of that dude at the one yard line and he fumbled and should have been a touchback, and that would.
Speaker 4: Have changed his school.
Speaker 2: All right, Mike, I appreciate the call. We've got to take a break. We're live at Wings and Rings to Kings Mills location. He's David Fulcher. This is Chick Ludwig. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers following the Bengals thirty nine to thirty four loss in Orchard Park, New York by the Buffalo Bills on seven hundred WLW at CINCINNATISSPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's post game sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports talk is prompt to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Cove Sheldon five one three five one three toph Postman law injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one I'm selling Brandon Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now post games Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. And we're live at Wings and Rings the King's Mills location fifty five seventeen King Center Drive, really within the shadows of King's Island. Yeah, this is Chick Ludwig and I'm alongside Bengals legendary strong safety David Folter faux Rock. His wife, Judy's here, the family's here. Judy just had a birthday. Happy birthday, Judi birthday girl.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 2: And we are breaking down the Bengals thirty nine to thirty four loss to the Buffalo Bills like a wrecking ball. Mike Mills is are awesome. On site engineer Shoeless Joe Waddell producing back in our Kenwood studios.
Speaker 3: Shoeless Joe like that.
Speaker 2: Wings Burgers, Sandwiches, Salads, appetizers, drink specials, wings and rings, has it all. And we're here on the King Center Drive till eight thirty tonight. If you can't join us live, I hope you'll call us at five one, three, seven four nine, seven thousand and before we go out to the phones, let's look at the Guilty Windows Window of opportunity brought to you by Guilty Windows. The key to quality windows is trusting the pros Kilkey windows. How about DJ Turner knocking the ball out of the grasp of James cook Yes, and it's squirts loose in the end zone and linebacker or in Burks yep, chucks on it yep. And that started a big time drive for the Bengals.
Speaker 3: And those are the opportunities that this defense can take and have little chance is to give it back to an offense that was clicking. This offense was on fire today. They were doing exactly what they wanted to do against Buffalo. It's just that we just don't do enough to close the door.
Speaker 2: And that's why it was twenty one to eighteen, James Cooks getting ready to go into the end zone give Buffalo a lead. And when the Bengals got that ball with the twenty yard line, I said, here we go. I said, I'm starting to feel pretty good about a dub today.
Speaker 3: And I felt the same way man when they were up fourteen three, I said, you know what if they can just maintain yeah, what they're doing, And they did that first three drives, three touchdowns, all of a sudden, you gotta make some adjustments, and that's what Buffalo did to slow them down a little bit. And then we can't get the ball in the end home for another quarter and a half.
Speaker 2: Let's go out to the phones, Jim in the great state of Arkansas?
Speaker 3: Are you there, Jim?
Speaker 11: I am here.
Speaker 10: Thank you for holding, but not a problem.
Speaker 11: I'm glad I finally they can pick up W L W because I kind of lost it touch with everything on the way down. But a couple of things, Uh, I've coached a little bit in my life high school. And you're talking about the linebackers and what I see, David, and you know better than me, I believe it looks like our linebackers are setting up too deep and our defensive backs are setting up too shallow. So it looks like the linebackers got to get turned around and to get their feet tangled up because they want to back. They want to back battle instead of a slide and sideways. And what upset me to boast about it is I listened to Ken and Brew this morning, and the guy that he has on there every week to forecast the games and whatever, he said that the Fingals are terrible at covering the tied ends and that's would be the down fall. And that's exactly what happened. So this guy knows it, why can't we stop it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: And Dan Horde during the broadcast, the voice of the Bengals gave this stat that the Bengals are the worst team in the league covering the tight ends. They're giving up ninety three point four yards.
Speaker 3: A game to the titles tight end. Wow, that's a hun. Wow, that's bad. That's really bad. And you know, strong safeties, free safeties. They switched on a movement and guy goes in motion, this guy goes up, this guy go back. But you're gonna see safeties playing man and man on tight ends. Most linebackers don't play man and man on tight ends. They play man and man on the running backs coming out of the backfield. But every time I look up and I see our defense, and I'm not I guess I'm kind of overwhelmed and I'm tired of seeing how bad they are. You see their backs, but you see their backs when I when I watched them, they especially in the red zone, in the end zone. You know they're playing zone and the end zone. Okay, so when they're plan zoning the end zone, it's hard to cover a guy plans on because you don't know where he's going. But when you get inside the five yard line and it's a pass play, you've become It becomes man to man. Now on the receiver, tight end, receiver, running back. But you can't turn your back to the quarterback because when you turn your back to the quarterback. It happened to us in the Jets game. It happened to us in the Bears game. All of our touchdowns that we've been giving up late in the game are having defensive backs with their backs to the quarterback. You don't know what the guy's doing. That touchdown that johnsh Allen threw to that receiver, a linebacker was right in his face, but he was looking at the receiver and the balls coming right behind him. If he just turns his head and look back. He either intercept the ball or knock it down. And we to me, that's coaching. That's teaching.
Speaker 2: Well you're teaching. If that's what you're teaching, is bad. That was the touchdown to Shakir one of their wide receivers.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, come on, now, the linebacker's not playing man and man on the receiver, but he's playing zone. But if you're playing zone and you got your back to the quarterback, you have no idea what's coming. You're right. The long run touchdown that he had, the long touchdown that Josh Allen had, the defensive back was looking at the receiver as they were running down the field. After five or ten yards and running with the receiver, something's happening. Turn your head and try to find the ball to see what's going on. You turn around, you make a tackle on Josh Fallen, and maybe there's an opportunity to keep them from scoring a touchdown or kick a field goal. Tough.
Speaker 11: What I've seen a couple of times is when a quarterback takes off once he crosses that line of scrimmage, there's no need for you to keep covering that receiver. You've got to go back, like you said, and make to tackle me. But I've correct too many times many.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you a question. Why you're listening and you see this? Is this a is this a is this a coach? Is this coaching? Or was this player? Because if you're teaching me how to play football or in a system, I shouldn't be coached to keep my back away from the quarterback. So what are these guys doing and where they're getting that from?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's that's that's Yeah, that you know it because those are basics, David. Those are basics.
Speaker 3: That is that's the stuff that we teaching. That's the stuff we teaching Pop Warner football. That's the stuff we teach in high school and college. And when you get to the professional rankings, you should know what to do.
Speaker 2: And Jim and Jim we got to run.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jim.
Speaker 2: Hey, I appreciate the call. All right, take care of Donald in Nashville.
Speaker 3: Donald, are you there, yes, sir?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Everything gonna call, yes, sir.
Speaker 15: But I just wanted just to make up of comments about the game today.
Speaker 5: I guess I've got some questions.
Speaker 15: That the morning answers. I guess number one, do you do we still have an outside chance of getting.
Speaker 3: In the playoffs.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a really a good chance.
Speaker 2: And then number two, three games out with four to go, there is still there's still a chance.
Speaker 3: Yep, there's still a chance because that we still got to play Baltimore, Pittsburgh, still got to play some teams that we've already played. So there's a lot of stuff that can happen. Being down three three games with four left to play, we put it this way, today would have been a perfect day for us to keep the playoffs, hope alive with a serious opportunity. But that window of opportunity, as we talk about here, that window was starting to close, if it's not already closed. But they just got to go out and play. I mean, it's football. You gotta battle. If you don't battle, then you shouldn't be playing.
Speaker 15: But another question I asked was do you think that Zach has lost the way to get in contact with the players of making them stepped up.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a pretty good question. I don't know if Zach has lost what's going on because I think it's more to me. I've never blamed anything on a coach. It's my job to do what I'm supposed to do. Chick and I are on radio right now doing our job. I got a text from wild Man Walker, how you doing homes He was talking about the Bengals and blah blah blah, and if Chick and I don't do our job, they're gonna find replacements. Yes, And when they find replacements, that replacement better be better than Chicken David, because if they're not, they're gonna bring David and Chick back. So when I'm looking at this football team and what Zach had four or five years ago, it doesn't look the same. You've changed the defensive coordinators, You've changed players in and out, because that's what the football. It's a care sale. You go from one team to the next team, and you're trying to audition for another team just in case you get released or cut from one team. I don't know. I'm not going to say he doesn't have the player's attention, but it doesn't look like it did three or four years ago.
Speaker 15: My last question with y'all is is Henderson is he coming back or is he done for the year.
Speaker 3: That's a great question. I don't know. Man, whatever is back, his back is bothering him. I did see the hit that when it happened that lineman came out of nowhere and just dusted him in the back and he wasn't ready for it. But I'm not He walked off the field, So why is he not playing? With all the therapy and all the stuff that the NFL and the players got to day, they can go in there right now and rub a wand on his back and he should be playing on Sunday nine. So twenty nine million dollars that pays. He's coming in and he is not complaining. Thank you, brother.
Speaker 2: We appreciate st we got to run.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Jesse in Forest Park, Jesse, are you there? How about Mike and Cherry Grove?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, how you doing?
Speaker 3: We are good hanging in here?
Speaker 5: Oh good?
Speaker 4: Heay.
Speaker 5: Just a couple of things. When you play, Josh Allen, I think give your number one priority is to have somebody filling lane so he can't run the way he does. Now, he's a good player, but there was nobody, I mean nobody in his way. And look, you were talking about a spy or whatever. You gotta do something to cut off the channels, don't you.
Speaker 3: I don't understand that. Well, I'll tell you this here, man. We had a spy. We had a spy on this team a couple of years ago. We had a spiral and to seem a couple of years ago, and his name was Mike Hilton. Mike Hilton was standing there. He's five foot seven, you know, one hundred and eighty pounds. But Mike Hilton can run, he can make sure tackles. Well, this defensive coordinator didn't want Mike Hilton. He's too small. But this guy plays. He made plays. So if I'm saying that I need somebody to chase the quarterback around like Josh Allen, I'm making a phone call to bring Mike Hilton back. If I don't have a Mike Hilton on my team, somebody's gotta be Mike Hilton for me to do what I need to get done. Because you know, Josh Allen is gonna run first. And that's what people don't realize about Josh Allen. As much as Josh Allen throws the ball and he's got all these touchdowns, he really wants to run the football first before throw the ball. He's got the most because that dude is so strong that he is gonna run through people. So that means I got to have somebody be married to him all through the game. Wherever he goes, you go.
Speaker 19: Your number one priority against ten is to stop the runs.
Speaker 5: You gotta make the second thing.
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 5: The Bengals were gashing them all over the field. Casecki's catching balls. Everything's looking great. You're at the thirty something yard line first and ten, and you throw a little swing pass out for the right.
Speaker 3: Why don't you go for the juggler.
Speaker 5: Now, Chase may have been open, maybe he might have picked up some yards, But how many screens did they throw today?
Speaker 4: Was that the only one?
Speaker 5: I mean, throw the ball down the field because they haven't stopped you. I don't understand why.
Speaker 3: That play call was made at that moment.
Speaker 4: Do you agree with you?
Speaker 15: Know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you. I said the same thing. Here we are, we're up four points, three points, I don't know what we were up five minutes left in the game. We got the football, run the ball, make make make them stop my running game. If they can't stop the running game, we run the clock out. Games over and we come home happy. Bengals up three, but we're up. We're up three with a chance, and.
Speaker 2: You're on Buffalo's thirty three yard line first down.
Speaker 3: Come on, y'all, I mean, come on, they don't take a rocket scientist to fix this. It doesn't.
Speaker 5: I mean we We've got a running back that can pound the ball. The guy's a beat, give him the ball, take a three yards, stay ahead of the chain, and finish the game. You know, I just I thought that play call was stupid and get hurt.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot, all right, thanks so much. No, that makes it, makes it makes sense, chick. I mean, you know p Ryan. You know, as much as I love Chase Brown, I love Peter Ryan. I love them both. That's a that's a good one to two combination. You got the bruiser and you got the gifted guy that can run the ball. But we we we we try to at this think. We try to create stuff that's not there. Don't create something, don't fix it. If it's not broke, run the ball, beat them up, make Buffalo do something to stop you. And if they don't stop you, you win the football game. With the pounding on the ground.
Speaker 2: It's French pastry versus meeting potatoes.
Speaker 3: We want the meeting potatoes, don't we we want to meet potatoes man, but they're not serving that today. But they're not serving the meeting potatoes man, we can't eat it. He just likes the French pastry. He likes the pastries. The ball in the air, he likes the ball in the are. He wants to see his quarterback, Joe Burrow throw for full five hundred yards and full touchdowns. But you know what, man, I would take a win with my running back rushing for one hundred and fifty yards two hundred yards. And then look at Chase Chasing. They have a lot of catches.
Speaker 2: Twelve carries for Chase Brown twenty three yards.
Speaker 3: That's one point nine yards of carry.
Speaker 2: Samaja only carried it six times, but for thirty one yards that's five point two.
Speaker 3: Because we want to throw the football up and down the field, and it makes every happy when Joe Burrow throws touchdowns. Ugly football is when you run the football and you just beat people up. Nobody wants to see that. But you know what, I would rather win a game by pounding the ball twenty times than throwing having my quarterback go to the ball forty times.
Speaker 2: What did we learn watching the Steelers over the years, they would get a lead and then Jerome Bettis or any of them, any of them pound you in the fourth quarter, shorten the game, get out of dodge and meaning we've got.
Speaker 3: To take a break.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's David Folcher. This is Chick Ludwig. Where at Wings and Rings that Kings Mills location on Kings Center Drive in Mason. We're here till eight thirty tonight on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. You're listening to the tri State Chevy Dealers post games sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. We are live at Wings and Rings that Kings Mills location fifty five seventeen King Center Drive. He's David Fulter. This is Chick Ludwig seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty, continuing to break down the Bengals thirty nine to thirty four loss to the Buffalo Bills like a wrecking ball, and there's a there were a bunch of Bills fans in the house tonight, Yes they were, and I just wish them all the best. They were happy with the win. They need a few more so do the Bengals?
Speaker 3: Man, Yes, they do. Yes, three games out with four to go. Uh huh. It's a tough place, tough place to be in.
Speaker 2: It's like the Super Bowl season, David. Every break went our way, the Bengals way, and now we're paying for it all.
Speaker 3: You know, it's sad, man, because this is a good football team, this is a great city to be playing for. We got everything that you can act possibly ask for, but we just can't win a game. Can't win a game.
Speaker 2: Let's uh, let's go back out to the phones. Do we still have carl and Oak Hills? And how about Kevin in Texas?
Speaker 3: Texas?
Speaker 16: Hey, how y'all doing this season?
Speaker 3: We are doing well, my friends. Thank you Kevin.
Speaker 5: Yes, hey, David, I want to say something right up front.
Speaker 3: Thank you for all those memories.
Speaker 19: In the nineteen eighty eight Super Bowl season.
Speaker 3: Eighty eight eighty nine. I was in tech school.
Speaker 22: At Rant, Illinois going through Air Force Tech training, and you gave me something good to look forward to while I was going through hell getting through air Force Tech training.
Speaker 9: So thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you man.
Speaker 22: Wow, my big thing is when you watch what happened today when we got into the fourth quarter, why did Zach Taylor abandon the run? Why did we not put some extra tight ends out there, or some extra.
Speaker 3: Linemen and rely on p rind and.
Speaker 22: Make the Buffalo Bills take that game away from us? Because I feel like we just gave it away.
Speaker 3: You know, you make a great point, man, and valid point, but it's a I asked myself the same thing. I'm not a coach, so I don't call offensive plays. I just watch just like everybody else watching, and you just hindsighted. Twenty twenty, Zach Taylor saw something oh yeah, that he thought was really good for the team, and I was just shocked that they went away from I know they wasn't running the ball really well, but late in the game, you got five minutes, six minutes left in the game and you got the ball and you're winning. You forced the other team to stop you running the football. But we don't do that. We do something different. Joe throw's an interception. Now we got to come back and try to get back into the game. We throw another interception, and now the game is over. It's like mismanagement or clock management. Or bad time to call that play. But like I said, once again, he's the offense aveccording to the head coach, he calls a play. If they scored a touchdown, if Joe don't throw that interception and Chase catches that football, everybody's going to say, great call. But when it didn't happen the way we wanted to, now we want to call it a bad call. Tough man, tough being ahead coach, oh tough being an NFL player. It is tough. Hey appreciate it, Kevin, Thank you very much. keV, thank you man.
Speaker 2: And let's David. Let's highlight the drive of the game. And it's brought to you by the BMW Store. There are over three hundred and fifty BMW centers in the United States, but there's only one store, the BMW Store where Passion Loves Company. And following the window of opportunity where they got the fumble in the end zone caused by DJ Turner, yes recovered by Owen Burks or in Burks, the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Go on a twelve.
Speaker 2: Play, eighty yard drive that chewed up seven minutes and two seconds and it ended with Mike Kasicki's twelve yard reception from Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: What a beautiful pass. He's just he throws a beautiful ball. He catch a ball, and the Bengals.
Speaker 2: Go up twenty eight to eighteen with eight forty four to go.
Speaker 3: I already had the w in the post. Yes, that's what we're thinking.
Speaker 2: And one minute and eleven seconds later, Josh Allen sprints forty yards untouched into the end zone.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That to me, That to me. I just don't understand what defensive play call. You know, Josh Allen is going to run the ball. He is going to run the ball before he throws the football. And sure enough the third down and fifteens, third and seventeens. I don't, I don't. We have to be the worst when it comes to third down getting off the field. We cannot get off the field on third down. We cannot.
Speaker 2: And the Bengals converted eight of ten eight or down, including all four on their first drive.
Speaker 3: And you don't win that. That That is that right there is heartening disheartening to play like you played today. On both sides of the ball. We knew Buffalo was gonna put some points on the ball. We knew they were going to move to football they're at home. That team don't lose at home much. But to go out there and three first drives for touchdowns, yes, and then we took the you know, it took a little break to twenty one to eleven. We're ahead twenty one eleven, had a chance to go up some more points before the end of the half, and we don't. But I just knew we had this game won. I think Buffalo knew they lost this game. But you know what, you don't lose a game in the second quarter. You lose the game in the fourth quarter. And we didn't. We didn't show up to play. They scored twenty eight in the second half, twenty one in the fourth quarter, twenty one points giving up in the fourth quarter. That right, there is a disaster waiting to happen, and we got that disaster today.
Speaker 2: Let's go out to the phones. John is in Middletown, John, Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Man, guys, you know with everything, you know, as I always say, everything that happened in that game to the end, like I always.
Speaker 21: Say, it's in the game, right, but it's third and fifteen, right, third and fifteen, You're still in the game. With every kakamami thing, that happen, right, You're still in the game.
Speaker 4: If you stop them.
Speaker 21: They haven't been able to stop you all day long. If you stop this third and fifth geame play, you get the ball back of what a minute forty.
Speaker 4: But somewhere around there. Okay, they will stop you. Okay, what did.
Speaker 10: They do third and fifteen?
Speaker 21: You know they don't want to pass that Buffalo does not want to really pass it less they have to, right, So what they're gonna do is they're gonna send everybody deep.
Speaker 4: And give Johnson room to run. The Bengals act like they had no idea, no idea that was gonna happen.
Speaker 10: No spies, no nothing.
Speaker 21: That's what feed us today is that right there, and they act like all.
Speaker 4: Day long they didn't know he was gonna run.
Speaker 21: They're gonna have to fix that. And another thing I noticed, they're gonna have somebody on the sideline. It's gonna have to keep Joe's fans warm. Okay, that had a little bit to do with that. In a session, the staff, they're gonna have to work on that. Guys, keep this man's hands warm.
Speaker 5: And I'm still with you.
Speaker 4: I'm still with the Bengals no.
Speaker 21: Matter what I mean, I want the Bengals to lose a million times before I watched any team win once.
Speaker 14: It's it, That's all I got.
Speaker 2: All right, appreciate it, John, and our good friend in Mason Ohio. Ken, wish you were here.
Speaker 10: Ken, Yeah, I'm check on you.
Speaker 17: And full Rocker doing quite a show.
Speaker 5: So pull Rocket.
Speaker 17: A defensive coordinator named Dick Lebou who ran the famous zone blitz, which I think is the best NFL scheme that's ever been invented. Steve Spagnola believes that he's been doing it for the last twelve years. You know, these guys, I think it's a lack of communication, and I don't think they have an identity David. I don't think they hit hard. I don't see a Barney Bussy. I certainly don't see a David Pulcher out there on the field.
Speaker 10: I don't see a Tim Crumry.
Speaker 17: I don't see people that really want to hit. You know, on this defense, it looks as soft as I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought they I thought they were better. I mean, there are times in this game that when things happen, you know, you got to take care of business. But when when you're looking at third down and fifteen and you're going to play some man because that's what they were doing. They were playing a single high safety, which is a oh, shoot, what's twenty two's name safety? I lost Geno Stone. Gino Stone's playing free safety. He's free. Everybody else is playing man and man. And when Josh Allen came through that line of scrimmage, it was Geno Stone who was right there to try to make a tackle after about twelve yard run and he missed it wind up getting the first down. But you've got a plan for that, you know. My thing is this third down and fifteen, and you're gonna play man or zone, you know, put some pressure on the quarterback and make him throw the ball quick, get the ball out of his hand. He might throw a little quick to the pass to the back of check down. Instead of you're giving up fifteen, you give up seven, and now they get to punt the ball. But we I don't know, man, I just you know, Josh Allen's gonna run the ball. He's gonna run the football, and we just can't defend it. And that's what makes it tough.
Speaker 10: David.
Speaker 17: You talk about the defensive backs having their back turn to the quarterback. There's an old basketball concept they used in the football a lot called ball you man, you always keep that concept if you never turn your head away from the quarterback, you never turn your.
Speaker 3: Way from the never never, never do, never do. And I'm telling you I have seen it weekend and week out. And who's teaching that? Is that? What the defensive coordinator or your defensive back coach teaching that. When you get down in the red zone, you turn your back from the quarterback. You don't know if he's running the ball or throwing the ball. Josh Allen's big long touchdown dB is running down the field with a receiver he never knows. He don't even know that Josh Allen is running until it's too late. Come on, guys, you gotta be more aware. You have to be more aware of what's going on in the game than what the coach is telling you. On the sideline doing a break.
Speaker 17: By David, you're right five yards in. You're playing man up right in your face, and then you make the quarterback throw it over your head.
Speaker 3: You don't that's.
Speaker 10: Play a zone.
Speaker 17: You don't stay five yards off your man. You're allowing him to make a cut one way or the other.
Speaker 3: Hey, you gotta make It's it's funny, man. You gotta make quarterbacks or people throw the ball over your head. You get on the goal line, you don't back up. We were told not to back up. You stay on the goal line. And if they throw the ball over your head, they got to throw it out of bounds. But these guys are turning around looking at the receiver, or not even looking at the receiver, looking at the quarterback, while guys are running trying to get open in a small window. And Josh Allen found a couple of them today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, check.
Speaker 10: I want to let you know.
Speaker 17: Tight ends in the NFL did not like catching the ball over the middle, which some guy number thirty three was crushing.
Speaker 10: Right now for a long time.
Speaker 2: And there were some wide receivers like Webster Slaughter that didn't like running into thirty men.
Speaker 3: Webs of Slaughter. We used to get at it. Man, he ran, he ran his mouth too much. Yes, hey, I appreciate the call.
Speaker 17: David and Ronnie Lot were premier or safety.
Speaker 3: Well, football has changed today. You know. The receivers can go across the middle. They ain't got to worry about getting hit. They know they're gonna get the DB's will get fined. So these guys aren't afraid to go across the middle because the NFL wants to make it safer for the offensive guy. It's not my fault, man that you got hit like that, because I'm gonna keep hitting you and if my paychecks keep disappearing, there's not too much I can do about it. Thank you, brother, We appreciate your call. Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Jan and Mason, all right, appreciate you. Hey, let's look at the NFL scoreboard here. David and the Green Bay Packers defeated the Chicago Bears today twenty eight to twenty one. De Los Angeles rams all over the Arizona Cardinals forty five to seventeen. Seahawks go into Atlanta and crush the Falcons thirty seven to nine.
Speaker 3: That's a scary team.
Speaker 2: Am Darnold with three more touchdowns today the incredible and the Titans come back and beat the Cleveland Browns thirty one to twenty nine in Cleveland. That hurts and the Vikings JJ McCarthy a resurrection here with three touchdown passes thirty one to nothing, shutout of the Washington Commanders in Minneapolis, and the Dolphins smoke the Jets thirty four to ten in New Jersey, and Tua, not known for being a cold weather quarterback, you know, leads the Dolphins to a thirty four to ten victory over the Jets in New Jersey. The New Orleans Saints come back that hurts Wowa Tampa Bay Buccaneers twenty four to twenty in Tampa. In Tampa, the Bucks are now seven and six, and the Jacksonville Jaguars they're hot, thirty six to nineteen winners at home over the Indianapolis Colts. Colts fall to eight and five, the Jags now nine and four.
Speaker 3: At one time I think the Colts was seven and one. Yes, they're playing how now? And then Dan Jones going with the Achilles with.
Speaker 2: An Achilles, Yes, and the Pittsburgh Steelers improved to seven and six. They find a way, man, They find a way with a twenty seven to twenty two victory over the Ravens in Baltimore to take over sole.
Speaker 3: Possession in the AFC North.
Speaker 2: And the Broncos defeat the Raiders in Las Vegas twenty four to seventeen. So those are the updated scores and tonight's game, the Texans who are seven and five at the Chiefs who are six and six.
Speaker 3: Must win for the Chiefs. Come on, Texas, Yes, come on Texas. Man. If the Bengals can't get in and to the party, we can't allow Kansasity to get there either.
Speaker 2: And with that, let's take a break. We're live at Wings and Rings, the King's Mills location on King Center Drive, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by Rnel Carriers. He's David Folter. This is Chick Ludwig on seven hundred WLW Welcome back to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by Rnell Carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. He's David Folter. This is Chick Ludwig. We're live at Wings and Rings, King's Mills Location fifty five seventeen King Center Drive in Mason. We're here till eight thirty tonight, and David, you had quite the entourage here.
Speaker 3: Fulter's vultures tonight got the voters in the house and John and lee Anne Reith, long time family, walking out the door. There good to have y'all. Here, got my little man here working on the I l money already. Beautiful. Look look little Braxing, my grandson and your your bride, Judy just had just had a birthday. She turned twenty five yesterday. Fantastic. And Kayla, Kayla's over there paying the bill. Oh you got really nice. You gotta love that. I like that.
Speaker 2: And Braxton is the grandson.
Speaker 3: Braxton is my man. Hey, Braxing, what up? Man is he? How old is he?
Speaker 4: He?
Speaker 3: Eleven? Even months? I was gonna say a round one.
Speaker 2: He's close, he's looking, he's looking mighty five almost, Yes, beautiful, great stuff. And hey, we've got a caller on the line. Yes, Sean in Cedarville. John, what's happening?
Speaker 5: Hey, how you guys doing tonight?
Speaker 2: Dick great man great? How are you?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 10: David?
Speaker 4: Hi, David?
Speaker 3: How are you doing so? Yess?
Speaker 16: And the Bengals lost today?
Speaker 5: Will somebody call me a doctor?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: I put on my Facebook page after the selection show committed.
Speaker 3: You know, the Selection show came down, and I'm there. The world is not.
Speaker 2: Coming to an end, but it feels like it because it is the college football playoff. Ar mcgeddon, Yes, Okay, Indiana is number one in the nation.
Speaker 3: Who would have ever thought that five or ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then in a twelve team playoff Tulane and James Madison or in they're okay. Yes, so this is categ this is cataclysmic, but it's going to be incredible.
Speaker 5: In Indiana's case. I think it just goes to show how big the shadow of Bobby Knight was cast over that university does. All it mattered for the last fifty years was i U basketball. But now it's a whole new world today.
Speaker 3: Whole new you know it really is.
Speaker 2: Kurt Signetti deserves a lot of credit and that that is a fantastic football team. I graduated with Archie Griffin at Ohio State. Yes, I was not happy last night, but you know what, the first thing you learn, David Fulcher is a wee laddie.
Speaker 3: You can't win them all. No, you can't win them all.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Indiana came to play last night. Yes, there were some things about Ohio State that upset me. They were in the shadow of the goal line twice and came away with no points. The quarterback on a snake to get stopped, and then third and one at the nine in completion and then a whiff on a field goal that would have tied.
Speaker 5: The Hey, Dave, I don't know how the Craig deadline work, but if the coach would be interested in Joe Flacco, can there be a deal made there this late in the season.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure that they can do trades and throughout the year. You don't have to wait until the trade deadline. But I see, I don't I don't know if I get rid of Joe Flacco. I know Flacco wants to play, but I don't know if I get rid of Joe Flacco, because you've got to start. You gotta starting quarterback as your backup quarterback. And Joe Flacco came in here and we've got to say.
Speaker 5: Four games left and we could pick him back up after the end of the season maybe, But defensively today for the Bengals, they have showed improvement. But just the heads up and Kowell don't get the memo. There's four games left and each of the four teams have tied in and you guys have to remind me who was to cut the touchdown pass versus the Chicago Bears. Was that a tie end.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was Church Loveland from the University of Michigan.
Speaker 5: And when it was third and fifteen or whatever it was, the prior play they brought the house. I mean they pulled the sink and everything, and they got this fact. Why didn't they turn right around and do it again? They could have smutthered him in the backfield and got possession of the ball and maybe a chance to win the game.
Speaker 3: You know, man, I don't know. All I know is is that some of the play calling. You know. I can't question why they did what they did, where it happened, what we should have ran. But I do know, man, it is very frustrating. As a former player and a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals. I love Cincinnati. I watched Cincinnati. My kids are growing up in Cincinnati and that this is my home and to watch them play the way they play sometimes you just got to ask yourself, why, why did it happen? What do we call that? But that's just part of the game.
Speaker 5: I can show them sentiments with you, because I used to look forward to watching you play. I mean, you delivered the blow, you know what I'm saying. I mean, you didn't really you didn't have to knock the head off the guy, but you did stop him any tracks. And you don't see these guys getting them positions that way.
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 5: Whose responsibility that it is on defense to cover the tide ends. But they talk about complimentary football, Well, I'm thinking complimentary within the complimentary meaning the phase, the defensive phase. Each player has to compliment each other too in a way.
Speaker 2: John, John, with that, we've got we've got to run. We've reached the top of the hour. Break John, and Cedarville, we appreciate your face. Thanks so much. Two and a half a half hours down, a half hour to go. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk with David Folcher and Chick Ludwig were presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen dollars.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's post game Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter, Pella Now Pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the Experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five one three five one three TOPH Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others Promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global tra inspirtation provider and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling Brandon Cincinnati for nine straight years and now post Games Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLWN, Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 3: We are live at.
Speaker 2: Wings and Rings the King's Mills location fifty five seventeen King Center Drive in Mason. This is Chick Ludwig and I'm alongside Bengals legend strong safety David Folcher, and we're breaking down the bengals thirty nine to thirty four loss to the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 3: Like a wrecking ball.
Speaker 2: Mike Mills is are on site engineer and the baton has passed in the Kenwood studios from Joe Waddell to Danny Gleeson. Danny is now our producer to the bottom the hour. We thank Joe for all of his help. We love it here at Wings and Rings, wings burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials. Wings and Rings has it all, and we've only got a half hour to go. David, four games left, three games out the Pittsburgh Steelers. Man, they play the Dolphins. They still got to play the Browns. They still got to play. They got to go to the Detroit to play the Lions. They finish up with the Ravens again. So the Ravens now have the Bengals in Cincinnati next Sunday, then they host the Patriots. Then they go to the Packers and go to the Steelers. So the Ravens have a tough road. Ravens have a tough road. All we gotta do is win, win.
Speaker 3: You know, I know it sounds crazy, but we're only going to get one team out of this This versions division to go to play, and it's going to be the division winner, and it's gonna come down to it could be an eight to nine, an eight nineteen winning the division.
Speaker 2: Seattle one year, didn't they win the They got to the Super Bowls.
Speaker 3: What a losing record? Yes, yes, it can't happen. Man, It's uh, we just have to We have to take care of business. We worry about what other teams do and what other people say, but our our jobs are to take care of business. And we had a shot today. We had a shot to take care of business and got to You gotta have the mind of a fish, you know. You get you get hooked, they throw you back in there, catch and release, and you come back and get it again. So this is what we gotta do. What happened today is over, and right now it's Ravens week and we got to get ready for the Ravens.
Speaker 2: There are times, David, when I'm trying to fall asleep at night and I'm thinking of plays that the Bengals make. Okay, so I think of Colston Loveland over the middle yep, long touchdown for the Chicago Bears after Joe Flacco leads an unbelievable comeback yep in the final minutes.
Speaker 3: Yep. So I think about that.
Speaker 2: Remember when Leon Hall after Cedrick Benson scores a touchdown, Yes, seconds to go?
Speaker 3: Seconds?
Speaker 2: Leon Hall a pass defense but it pops up in the air. I forget the name of the wide receiver from Denver that gets it, runs to the goal line, goes across to kill a few more seconds, steps into the end zone, and the Bengals have their heart ripped out.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just, you know, I think we said this earlier, maybe it was on the air. Off the air, how this has been a funny football season. Yeah, players getting hurt, quarterback coaches changing, things are happening. And you know, the teams that the NFL or people were expecting to be on the top or on the bottom, and then the teams that are supposed to be on the bottom are now on the top. Players are getting hurt. It's just a funny football season. There have been years of football where players don't get hurt, teams are doing so well, and then all of a sudden, the players that aren't getting hurt, the ones you don't think about, they're getting hurt. The teams aren't playing well. All of a sudden, you got the Denver Broncos. You know, ten games they don't won ten. The Jacksonville Jaguars are just one today they're almost a ten wins. And then you got the teams that have so much potential, like the Baltimore Ravens and the Cincinnati Bengals who are only six wins, six and seven, five and six wins, And you ask yourself, how how does the team that much talent only win so many games? Because I think the parody in the NFL now is starting to be more consistently even than it has been in the past four and nine. Day would never would have thought the synthe thing was before them.
Speaker 2: And as far as Joe Flacco is concerned, I hope they sign him.
Speaker 3: It's a backup me too. I would take Joe. I would take Joe Flacco any day to be my backup. But I know Joe Flacco wants to play. He wants to play now and stay all the time. But knowing that Joe Burrow goes through a lot of injuries, that Flacco could play again, hopefully Joe Burrow doesn't get hurt. But I'm telling you, we got two Joels that can play. And if we got those two Joe's on this roster next year and they get a shot even this year, if things go the well it's supposed to be going, this is a very very powerful football team. We're just not showing how powerful we really are.
Speaker 2: If they would by some miracle, reached the postseason, I wouldn't want to play the Cincinnati bangal.
Speaker 3: No, I'm telling you I Joe Burrow today. We were talking about this at home. Joe Burrow today just he brings something out of this team, like, oh, no doubt. He's one of those guys that you say, oh man, I'm gonna go to I'm going to battle with this dude. I'm finna go in the burning house. You know, I'm a firefighter who does a tremendous job to help people when those things happen. I know when I go in that house, I got that guy to protect me. He's gonna help me. And that's what Joe Burrow throws out.
Speaker 2: And I saw the interview with him talking about in the snow, Yes, the offense has they have the advantage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Tagans said that too, well, no, he did. Joe Burrow said that. He said that when you running you I know where I'm going offensively, but the defensive guy don't. So if I can get my foot in and keep it right and I can make a cut, that defensive back slips and fall, I'm wide open. And Higgins was hide open on one of them, and Joe overthrew him. Think about that. If Joe doesn't overthrow him, and what does that do. That's at the end of the half. Yes, they go down and kick a field goal, score a touchdown. Buffalo is really in some serious trouble. Yes, and what do we do? We have to punt the ball away.
Speaker 2: Just a reminder the fans out there, the postgame sports talk is brought to you by M and P Logistics. From first down to final mile.
Speaker 3: M and P delivers. You can depend on it. Well.
Speaker 2: Now, David, let's check today's Postman Law injury report, brought to you by Postman Law. Injured call eight four four Postman. Others promise Postman delivers.
Speaker 3: Now, I've always wanted to say that Postman delivers. Postman delivers. I like that. I'm gonna call them up chick and tell them, hey, man full Rock wants to deliver with the Postman.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Who did get injured today?
Speaker 3: Man? Do we have some injuries today? T Higgins was getting bounced around a little bit with concuctive Yes he was, but he went into the blue tent. Blue Tint said he was okay, and they let him come back out and play. But you could see that he had some some silliness in him throughout the day.
Speaker 2: Aunt Josephoe's side was out with a right shin injury, so don't know how severe it is.
Speaker 3: I don't think he came back, No, I don't. I don't remember see it. I don't remember seeing.
Speaker 2: Him because Cedric Johnson was playing in his spot Buffalo man.
Speaker 3: Cedric whiffed on. Can't be wishing Allen, can't be whiffing man forty yards. I think that big long run. I mean once again, though, when you get to the line of scrimmage, you gotta slow your motor. And what I mean by slow your motor, man, you you've got to slow down, especially on the surface in the tractor where it was today wet, snow, slippery. You've got to slow down. Because that's what Josh Allen did. Soon as that soon as the two guys came and the tackle went inside and that other guy was scraping and his motor was wide open, Josh Allen said, I'm gone, You're not gonna get me, but you gotta slow you motor, slow down, make a sure tackle, give yourself in your defense another chance on the next down.
Speaker 2: And that's Today's Postman Law Injury Report brought to you by Postman Law Injured Call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman deliver delivers. There we go and now, David, let's check on Cincinnati's defensive secondary coverage today. Brought to you by Coversinc dot com, local health insurance experts for over twenty years. When you look at the defensive statistics, the lotted the DB's baby are at the top of that list.
Speaker 3: And what does that tell you, Well, you know most of people don't understand. And you've got to have a good front seven, your d lineman and your linebackers to put pressure on the quarterback. When you don't put pressure on the quarterback, you leave your dv's out there on the island all by themselves. It's hard to cover a man when you don't know where he's going, especially in the snow. And once again, the DB's they're they're, they're they they're the ones that you see them on Sports Center highlight giving up a big touchdown or missing a tackle. But it all starts up front. When you put pressure on the quarterback, it makes it easy for the defensive backs to cover. If you don't do that, you're gonna have issues. And when you look at their DBS for the Bengals, they're always making tackles or they're always around the football, which tells me that the guys up front aren't doing their job.
Speaker 2: We have Geno Stone with nine combined tackles, seven solo, two assists. He had a sack, two tackles for loss, a quarterback hit.
Speaker 3: A good game. He was active. He was very active today. But see, it needs to be consistent. You know, he can't show up one week and not show up the next week. You gotta take pride in that. You know, when I play a chick. I mean, like I said, I'm not. I don't think I was the best safety ever played the game. I know I missed some tackles, but there wasn't a whole lot I missed. But I took pride in what I did. And when I walk off that field, I didn't even have to go and ask anybody. I left everything on that field. I gave every inswin that I could. And sometimes when you watch this defense and certain players, it looks like they're just going through the motion and you shouldn't be going through the motion. And I may be wrong. But I'm a spectator like everybody else that's watching, and if you're just going through the motion, you shouldn't be out there.
Speaker 2: As far as passes, defense, Jordan Battle, Dax Hill, DJ Turner and man that forced fumble.
Speaker 3: The DJ that was huge, That was huge. That was just absolutely shut. And those are the small things that people don't see. You know, it might give up a catch or it might be holding, but this is the follow up. It's those things that they you know, they did that in Baltimore when the cut the touchdown or had the ball and worked get towards the end zone and he gets Joden Battle knocks it out and the ball comes out when we get the ball back when we go down and score. So those are the things that people don't see. But when they see the obvious stuff where you're holding or you're giving up a touchdown and you missed a tackle, we're gonna talk about those, but they're not going to talk about the plays that are made behind the scenes or whatever it goes on. So that's what happens a lot. Now we've talked a lot about.
Speaker 2: Baltimore's or excuse me, Buffalo's tight ends, increasing the Bengals for one hundred and thirty seven yards on eleven catches, thirteen targets. Okay, wow, today the Bengals pass receiving, Yes, they were doubling Jamar Chase.
Speaker 3: And you know that's going to happen weekend and week got.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he caught five balls for forty four yards, a long gain of sixteen. That opened the door for t Higgins. Now eleven targets, six receptions, ninety two yards, two touchdowns with a long gain of twenty five and that was a beautiful touchdown catches at the end of the game. But Mike Kasicki six targets, six catches, that is a real positive. He's back from from injury and that's that biceps injury.
Speaker 3: And Kazki is a former Buffalo bill. Okay, Kazki's coming from Buffalo to US last year two years ago, when I thought, yes, he was eland Buffalo, but it was in that in that same in that same conference. And when you watch him, I mean not flashy. I heard the commentator say when he goes out and running routes, it's almost like a big white receiver. Yes, not just the tight end. So my question is there are certain packages that teams play. It's the twelve package, the nine package, whatever. Two tight ends, three tight ends. You know, when you see the Bengals put three tight ends on the field, everybody thinks they're going to run the football. They're gonna run the football, but they throw the football with those three tight ends. And you know what, I myself personally, I understand you want to throw the ball down on the field with Chase Chases. How does Chase get to open so much when he got double triple coverage? It's beyond me. But that tells me that there's other receivers on that team that should be Yoshi. Where was Yoshi today? I don't even know if Yosh.
Speaker 2: Had he caught He caught two balls for seventeen yards, a long gain of eleven.
Speaker 3: But just think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what if if I made Bengals tight end like a Noah Fant who caught one ball for fifteen yards, a Tanner Hudson who caught one for eleven.
Speaker 3: I'm there one.
Speaker 2: When I become a free agent, I want to go to I want to go to Baltimore or Buffalo.
Speaker 3: I want to go somewhere where the tight end becomes an integral part of what the offense is doing. Yes, we do that every now and then. I don't know why we go away from, you know, smash Mount football, because we got a quarterback that that should throw four hundred and five hundred yard of the game. We got a receiver that's to catch three or four touchdown the game smash Mount football, old school football. Old school football should have happened in the last six minutes of that game, where we're gonna run down your throats and you're gonna have to stop us running the football because we are winning. I'm not gonna get trickery. I'm gonna throw what I have to. When I don't have to throw the ball, I'm gonna run the ball. And I think sometimes we get away from that because Zach Taylor's offense is about putting points on the board and a quarterback throwing three or four hundred yards and the receiver catching four or five touchdowns.
Speaker 2: And another guy I'd like to see get more involved. He's back there blocking Drew Sample. He catch the football.
Speaker 3: He can catch the football. Man Drew Sample can catch the football. Shamase p Ryan can run the football. Third and one, all, third and two, fourth, and one p Ryan is my guy. Yes he is. I'm telling you, p Ryan delivers the blow. He don't accept the blows.
Speaker 2: And with that, David, it's always an honor, privilege and pleasure being with you. Yes, sir, and many thanks to Mike Mills are on site engineer and rankingmucers back in the studio Shoeless Joe Waddell and James Wilson, and you have been listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by Arnel Carriers live from Wings and Rings and King's Mills on the Home of the Bengals ESPN fifteen point thirty and the home of the best Bengals coverage, seven hundred WLW