Speaker 1: Twenty fifth Birthday Bash at Treasure Island November fifth and sixth Thursday Night's comedy show has reached capacity, but the way list is still open, and make sure listen to the Power Trip for chances to win your way in and be there Friday morning with no registration needed for a live broadcast and a Vegas trip up for grabs. Details at cafe dot com slash two five.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back to the Powers You Good Morning Show, Thursday edition. Ben Lever is here, Hi, Ben, Hello. We invited Julia Daniels because we didn't think Tommy Olsen was going to be here, and then Tommy was here anyway, but.
Speaker 3: Julia still, it's always awesome to have you on. Hey, thanks for having me. You may or may not be back in a couple of weeks. When the initials invitation was rolling around, we'll see if you get the invite. You never know, You never know. You just never know.
Speaker 2: Until the bracket is revealed. You never know unless you've got enough points last year to automatically qualify. Maybe you did, I did, all right, so then you're automatically telery. Well, we'll see who you square off against. When the brackets announced in a couple of weeks, should we do Fan five. Let's let's talk some sports for a second time.
Speaker 4: It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 2: Right thanks to the Saint Paul Saints. A lot going on in the World Cup today. But the last game tonight is Turkey versus the US in Englewood, California, nine o'clock. But before that, Corrosal versus the Ivory Coast. That game is in Philly at three o'clock, Ecuador versus Germany and New Jersey at three as well, Japan versus Sweden and Arlington at six, Tunisia and the Netherlands in Kansas City. I wonder if partrip bets is gonna go at six o'clock and then Paraguay versus Australia in Santa Clara, California at nine. Whoa greasy, dumb question. Dumb question this is? This is just logistical. Maybe you guys can figure out the math free. How come most of the World Cup days there are four games, but now there's like six the last couple, I bet.
Speaker 5: Zach knows the answer, the idea why it's most of them were four, or now it's six?
Speaker 3: What are we doing here? What are we doing here? Go on? What's the goal here? Great? That's six today.
Speaker 6: I guess I wasted more time thinking about that in the last five seconds than I did ever before in my life.
Speaker 3: So thank you for that. But are you into the World Cup at all? Have you watched it? Do you like it? Do you share? Yeah, I'll put it on background. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like baseball right now. It's just all turned on and just whoever's playing is playing.
Speaker 3: What about nine pm?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Will you go out of your way to watch the US or tonight? Tonight a meaningless game against Turkey?
Speaker 3: Got it? But once we get to the knockout round, you're in Oh a thousand percent? Julia? You two? Yeah? I mean I grew up.
Speaker 7: In a World Cup family, so we.
Speaker 3: Were like World Cup family when.
Speaker 7: The World Cup's happening, men's or women's, like everything comes to halt in the summer.
Speaker 3: Did one of your parents play soccer?
Speaker 7: No, but we all played soccer, so I think maybe that Are you good now? I'm not in Arkansas. You can't really be good at a whole lot of any thing.
Speaker 3: Come on, we'll wait Arkansas awesome. Huh sounds like it. Why can't you be good at sports? And you be good at like.
Speaker 7: Basketball and football because that's school related, but like soccer, you don't have like it's not like being here.
Speaker 3: Have we asked you this before?
Speaker 2: Is there do you know any high schools in the state of Arkansas that have a hockey team?
Speaker 3: Like? Is that even a thing?
Speaker 7: I don't think you don't know because there's only like maybe I know there's a rink in Little Rock.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there's another rink, So there's just a handful of rinks period, let alone in high schools. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Interesting, I figured that. I just didn't know if it was like a handful or zero zero.
Speaker 7: I don't think there's any no, because unless it's like a wreck, some kind of wreck something, but.
Speaker 3: There's no Do people play like a street ball or do they play on roller skates or.
Speaker 2: Like not even in the streets? No, inline like street hockey was awesome. Yes, I play.
Speaker 7: You guys are in Minnesota. That's true that I never even saw hockey. And this probably is bad to say, but I've been here for you. I never saw hockey in person until I started my job here.
Speaker 3: I never seen. Yeah, I was amazed at any level.
Speaker 7: No, So I took I went and did a story with Jimmy Snugger Rude and Sam Frenzell right after they got drafted in the first round. What was that twenty twenty two of the NHL Drive sound about right, something like that?
Speaker 3: Sure, and I that was I went.
Speaker 7: They were like, yeah, come meet us at Chaska the Chaska Rink. And I went out there and I was like shocked at how loud it was and they were out there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was in awe of the whole thing. This is crazy. There's no doubt. And I grew up in Minnesota. There's no doubt that sport is ten times better in person.
Speaker 7: Right, Yes, it's yeah, it's you truly, But people say that Mascar the same way.
Speaker 3: Shock everybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I still have not been to a Loons game too, so everybody says it's too profu it's a great stadium.
Speaker 6: I do won't know what the hockey Mason Dixon line is, like where geographically in the country does the influence of hockey sort.
Speaker 3: Of like where does high school hockey start from the set?
Speaker 7: Maybe maybe that's Missouri doesn't have because when I grew up in Youngster doesn't have any.
Speaker 3: Hockey at all. I think Missouri, I think I've seen like like it's like it's a sanctions.
Speaker 1: It's not like a big big thing, but I'm pretty sure like they I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's big in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: No, it's not like big big, but it's like they have it. Like I'm pretty sure I saw something like at the Blues Arena where.
Speaker 3: They had like a a game. But yeah, I think doesn't make sense anywhere in.
Speaker 1: Arkansas states high school hockey. The players aren't going pro like that we are. We are an absolute island.
Speaker 2: But doesn't it make sense that if your state at least has a handful of months of snow, that you probably should be a state that has high school hockey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Missouri, that much snow.
Speaker 7: Now where bodies of water freeze over, so you have to have frozen look here because of that.
Speaker 3: How expensive hockey? It is very expensive if.
Speaker 7: You don't have You're talking poverty stricken states too.
Speaker 6: Like if you don't have frozen legs for most of the winter, you're not having hockey.
Speaker 3: Have you public publicly discussed what you told us on Monday, or do you not want to bring that up? I forget what I brought up hockey related.
Speaker 6: I completely forgot what I brought up on Monday.
Speaker 7: I think that means.
Speaker 5: Flyway that it's a way of it's a way of firsthand knowing how expensive hockey is.
Speaker 3: If you know what I mean, oh, like how much the equipment costs, for example.
Speaker 6: I won't I won't give like I won't give all the details. I won't give all the details. But little well who's twelve years old, his hockey bag has disappeared.
Speaker 3: So after.
Speaker 6: After all of the hooplah and the preparation for getting my daughter's grad party ready, which we hosted our house and we cleaned out the garage and we're doing all this other stuff. Just the other day on Sunday, we were getting him ready for a hockey clinic Monday morning, and Abby's like, where's his hockey bag? I go, well, it should be here in this spot in the garage and she's like, I ain't here. I go, well, it should be in the other spot that we moved other stuff to in preparation for the party. And she's like, it ain't there either. Well, I'm like, and then she also asked, like, where's that been with all the baseball bats and the other hockey sticks. I go, that should be all together. It ain't here. So somebody at some point in time stole all of our stuff.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: So on Sunday night, I had the pleasure of going to Bower and purchasing two thousand dollars worth of hockey equipment like a.
Speaker 3: Taller an hour, sheees, who would steal thirty bag lunches. I'll tell you who that damn sasquatch. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: So you want to talk about how expensive hockey is. And the thing is like at twelve, because he's getting basically out of like youth skates, Like I didn't buy expensive skates like I buy. I bought like middle of the road skates, and they're expensive.
Speaker 3: By the way, that's a sneaky thing about kids getting older.
Speaker 2: Harper's twelve. She's getting pretty tall. She's I don't know how much taller she's gonna get. When they get to be like fourth or fifth grade and they want like expensive shoes or expensive sweat sweatshirts, You're like, you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Wear these for six months.
Speaker 2: It's it's kind of sneaky awesome when you're like, I think you've topped out, which means we can do that shoes.
Speaker 6: Just in this conversation yesterday, it's.
Speaker 2: The best, and it's like, all right now, there's no more growing into these. These can just be yours now. So it sounds like Wells is getting closer to that point to have adult sized hockey.
Speaker 6: I mean though, growing until he's nineteen, sure, yeah, beyond that, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe your feet kind of stopped growing at some point in time. You kind of grow into your body and you're in your feet. But I mean we're basically still in growth mode.
Speaker 3: Man, got I hope So because he's only five to two, gotta wait, hey on, Wells is five to two.
Speaker 6: That's a huge Let me get let me give you.
Speaker 3: I'll give you this.
Speaker 6: I'll give you his full because he's a black striper in football.
Speaker 3: All right, oh man, you know all about that. I mean he can do the truffle shuffle. Yeah, we asked him to. All right, this is I'm going to do this. I'm going to do this out of love because Wells is adorable. It's awesome. Yeah, So these two buttons. Just to preface it, these two buttons are out of love of love. Go. He's five to one hundred and forty five pounds. That's a huge bitch free.
Speaker 6: He will be playing the offensive line and defensive fantastic and every once.
Speaker 7: In a while play Okay, Well, I'm five four, one hundred and forty five pounds.
Speaker 3: I can't hit the buttons, thank you too much. Yeah, I can't do equality, man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's normal, guys, that's normal.
Speaker 3: He gotta treated everybody equally.
Speaker 5: Fine, Yeah, I'm all about equality, all right, feminist.
Speaker 3: We'll come back, we'll play, We'll play team codes.
Speaker 2: I'll explain during the break of his works, Julie, it's very easy, it's kind of fun.
Speaker 3: Perfect, and then we'll do headlines after this. This is the Power Rip Morning Joe on.
Speaker 7: Him Our iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by Capitol.
Speaker 3: One's Coming Back to Last figures.
Speaker 2: September eighteenth and ninety that Team Obile Arena streaming live on Dizzy Party Listen.
Speaker 1: You can watch the fan check out the kf and YouTube channel for exclusive videos, in depth takes, initials and passwords, games and behind the scenes content. Starts Kfan on YouTube and hit subscribe to they can watch this very show, right, I can see Ben and Julia and everybody else check it out on YouTube KF A N. And then the fan has your chance to win twenty five hundred dollars. Just enter the keyword birthday. That is birthday at kfan dot com. All right, now, good luck.
Speaker 3: Well you just mentioned password and initials.
Speaker 2: Both of those things are tomorrow program password, Invitational Championship, me and common versus those two gals. And then initials tomorrow one hundred and nineteen thousand dollars Sweet fifteen tomorrow for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials.
Speaker 3: Jackiey, you make sure you get a new story over at care eleven. When we give away a six figure it's gonna got.
Speaker 2: To we've got to Yeah, that's what people think.
Speaker 5: We don't want it to go off. We wanted to go off. Yeah, we wanted to start. Oh yeah, there was a time.
Speaker 3: Yeah for once it.
Speaker 2: Got to like ninety km, like we got to get it to we gotta get it to six figures.
Speaker 3: But now that it's over six figures, way to win it. Pull your hands up.
Speaker 5: The Charlotte Hornets are trading Star Guard Lamello Ball and Josh Green to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 3: Yea way, no kidding, this is breaking new four mon am I getting trolled? Did zachly change something? Not four?
Speaker 5: Naz Reid way twenty thirty three unprotected first round pick, free first round pick swaps, three second round picks. What the Charlotte Hornets are trading star guard LaMelo Ball and Josh Green to the Minnesota Timberwolves for naz Reid a twenty thirty three unprotected first round pick, three first round pick swaps. So the yours they have picks and three second round picks.
Speaker 3: Whole shams.
Speaker 8: Max your thoughts, Dog, I got I'm I gotta say. I mean, that's a lot to give up. So that's a lot.
Speaker 3: That's a lot to give up.
Speaker 5: But you didn't give up Rudy, so you don't lose the defense. You don't lose Rudy in a defensive situation, and you it's a lot of picks to give up.
Speaker 8: But for in terms of players, in terms of the right now, I think that's actually a pretty good deal. And then you've got a guy, one of the top point guards in the league that's exactly on Ant's timeline, you know, like they're they're good.
Speaker 3: That's insane. They gave up nas. Remember a few years ago this was so inconsistent. A really dumb question. But it's breaking on ESPN right now, too, dumb question. This is nuts is sweet. So it says three first round pick swaps twenty eight, twenty nine, and thirty So.
Speaker 2: If the Wolves, though, if the Wolves have a better record than Charlotte, then there's no swap. Is that correct, Max?
Speaker 3: That's got to be the yeah, right the way? So do we only swap picks if somehow we think they get pushed?
Speaker 5: So I think I think they get pushed until the Wolves have a it's advantagous for so I think it. I think it gets pushed down the line. So if in twenty twenty eight they don't, but and then twenty I think it gets moved.
Speaker 3: I don't think you just don't do it so confusing, I mean, because that's a weird thing to just say we're gonna time to eventually swap, sir, let's go go dog. So if ap guys listening?
Speaker 8: If Johnny Krasinski is a text, but it's unprotected pick swaps though, right?
Speaker 3: Well, the first one says it's the first one is.
Speaker 2: An unprotected unprotected, but then there's three pickswaps in twenty eight, twenty nine, and thirty and then.
Speaker 3: Three second round picks.
Speaker 8: Who cares n I think those are I think no matter what that they switch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they knew they had to do something like this because they didn't want.
Speaker 3: Other teams to get involved. Nas Reed is great.
Speaker 5: I get all that, but the fact that they didn't have every Rudy is rudy. But the defensive advantage you have with Rudy in the height you have to have in the West.
Speaker 3: You had to give up something. If we go back to the if we go back to the Yannis trade deadline rumors, I think everybody that was wow anti Yanni's trade, and I was kind of in that boat because I just didn't want to give up Jayden. So if you make a significant upgrade like LaMelo Ball.
Speaker 2: Or you know there were the Jalen Brown pipe dream rumors, or even we heard Jahn Morant or Jannis was back on the table. All these names were like, how do we get Kyrie Irving here? If you could get any of those guys we just named, and we got LaMelo Ball without giving up Jaden McDaniels. I think that's a huge home run, right. I think you're correct.
Speaker 7: I thought everyone was gonna want Jayden because they should so, like, Yeah, I think Jayden's more valuable than Nas if had to give up one of the two.
Speaker 2: I'm very thankful that this is the one that they picked out of the two. Bend your hands up right now, would.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's he might the right circumstances, So go with go through it with me right now, and I'll ask all you basketball people in here, what's the starting lineup look like right now? Then?
Speaker 5: Well, it'd be Lamello at one, uh Aunt to two, Jaden at the three. I don't they'll find somebody to play power forward because they don't have one because Julius and now Nas.
Speaker 3: Are gone about Rudy and one Berengear will play.
Speaker 6: So I guess that's my I guess that's my question is who's going to fill that that number four slove?
Speaker 8: You might not be on the ruse, he won't be on the rush. Yeah, he must want to go really big and then have Yoan and Udy in the same lineup, But I don't know if they want to do that.
Speaker 3: No, they'll they have similar is what is he's what f he'll.
Speaker 2: He'll he can play one, two or three really because they've had him handled the ball. But he can play two or three, I think too, and I think he can defend one through What a trade?
Speaker 3: That's insane, man, Again, if you just.
Speaker 8: Don't matter, if you're no, if you're good, which they're going to be good, right.
Speaker 5: The Charlotte Hornets are trading lamellow Ball and Josh Green to the Timberwolves for nas reed to twenty thirty three unprotected first round pick, three first round pick swaps in twenty eight, twenty nine, and thirty and then three second round picks in twenty nine, thirty two, and thirty three.
Speaker 3: Those who cares about that.
Speaker 2: Again still would love clarification on those three years with the pick swaps, because if the Wolves are picking twenty fifth and the Hornets are picking twelve, then we don't swap with.
Speaker 5: Them, right, yeah, yeah, So then the Hornets would happen good too, though I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It is confusing.
Speaker 2: So then let's say let's just say that's the case. Let's say the Wolves have a later pick. All three years and theoretically we don't swap. It's I think it's an option from what I'm reading, that's what I'm saying. Yeah, they have the option to switch, but they don't have to. Okay, that's my point though. If the Hornets have a lower pick, than they wouldn't swap, right because they would want to stay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eighth instead of twenty fifth. Yeah, saying if if all three years the Wolves have a later pick, so the Hornets say no, all three years, then we gave up nas Reed, a first round pick and a bunch of garbage. It's not that bad. Yeah, that sounds like a steal.
Speaker 7: It sounds like a pick one and pick three from the twenty twenty draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah you pick yeah yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So then they the Wolves are now twenty to one after trading for the ball.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it too. He's a god man. He can shoot, he can defend. I don't know he can defend, but he he Now he can run the point. Now we'll take the ball out of Ant's hand. Ant doesn't have to. He can't be double team into a corner. They have another guy that can. He can shoot the hell out of the ball and he can.
Speaker 8: Score man, He's an antidote to almost all of the Wolves, like big offensive problems, which is just which is ball stickiness and spacing on the floor.
Speaker 3: Said so, and you.
Speaker 5: Keep Rudy, and you keep which is but Rudy, you gotta They don't win against Denver last season if they don't have Rudy, Well, you have to have Rudy.
Speaker 3: In the West. Rudy provides a floor.
Speaker 8: Some people might think he limits the ceiling, but he gives you a floor, like you're gonna be a top ten defensive team with Rudy Gobert on your team pretty much no matter what.
Speaker 6: This is absolutely insane. Okay, So, and we probably knew this before this trade. But what happens with Dante then, I mean he's just done, like the names healthy because LaMelo's got like three years left on his contract and you're probably, I mean whatever.
Speaker 8: He's going to be a Dante team on a super team friendly deal though, and he was before he was never I mean, he was already coming off the bench before last year. He was in the starting point guard role. But I think that was more of like a band aid than a permanent because everyone knew he wasn't going.
Speaker 6: To be the real pack healthy. He's just back to his same role that he had.
Speaker 3: But let's say the obvious.
Speaker 2: I know, playoff benches get shortened, right, You're normally rolling out seven or eight instead of like ten ish during the regular season. But if we want to be competitive against the Spurs Corps for the next five or six years and thunder how loaded they are. I mean, if you have like Io and Dante coming off the bench, that's kind of awesome. And obviously that's what nas Reed's role has been essentially his entire Wolve's career, so we're losing depth there, but I think that's ideal. If you have guys like Io and Dante off the bench eventually.
Speaker 3: Then then you don't really have a giant drop off. That's pretty awesome. And again, theoretically, Baronjet should be that safety net for Rudy when Rudy's on the bench. I don't know what we're going to be, You're right, I don't know what we're gonna do power for.
Speaker 5: I mean I would assume they'll they have that money from Randall, they have a fifteen them trade. I mean, they don't have a power forward as of right now, because even when this even all the trade scenarios for this were brought up in an included Rudy. The bench was then the Baron Jay, and then they had that Zelensky or whatever dude that they had, and then it was Nas and then no one behind him. They don't have a star arding power forward on this team, Amanda. They have a backcourt so many sweet lobs.
Speaker 7: Well, I can't wait for a postgame press or.
Speaker 8: Going to be nuts man. As a Wolves fan, I'm very excited. As a pedestrian, I'm terrified.
Speaker 5: Think of all the Minnesotans, Noyle that have a Charlotte Hornet tattooed on their arm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I mean, honestly, why get a Nas red tattoo?
Speaker 8: Ever?
Speaker 2: Because this is what happens. He's not guaranteed to be here the rest of it. Now you're cheering for the Hornets, you're right to towel. I mean, probably cry and do it.
Speaker 3: I guess to be so mad, but I don't, but I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know if Hornets fans are mad because that Canipple kid is unbelievable. They had they drafted another guard last night. They have Kobe White, so they are loaded. In guards. That's why this came available last night at Sean said it. I think it like the end of the draft coverage. He's like, people, are.
Speaker 3: You know there? Why is Lamello all the sudden available?
Speaker 5: And as I said, the Wolves tried to trade for him at the deadline and they got real close.
Speaker 3: So as you said, I mean, it's not a it's a it's a lot on paper, it's not a lot. It's really not No.
Speaker 6: Okay for the casual fan like myself, Corlisc you know, his his whole story, Lamela's whole story with his family has been It was like a giant distraction and it was kind of weird. It painted them in a really bad light. What what is he like off the court? Like is he going to be a problem? Is he a problem? I don't know, TBD.
Speaker 1: He's like he like pretty straight and narrow, like he's a he's a he's grown.
Speaker 8: I mean he's gotten like some He had some traffic stuff in Charlotte. He was like speeding trafficking like actual vehicle. Yeah, but we're used to that around at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, and honestly, I will say LeVar Ball has complete Nobody has heard anything from LeVar ever since all of his kids got into the NBA.
Speaker 3: Basically he made all.
Speaker 8: That kind of he almost was like a ww wrestler, like bigging them up, making it a huge event. And then as soon as the god was done, Yeah, and then we don't hear from him. So that's like a non factor right there. And I mean on the court, he's he's an incredible player.
Speaker 5: He's gotta stay healthy, though he does have a little his health issue.
Speaker 3: He has a health issue. So we'll see, man hey, whether this works or not. Can we at least give a metaphoric like tip of the cap to Tim Connley who continues to just swing. Yeah, people dog on him all the time. I freaking love it because like playing to not lose is losing, right. He definitely swings and he I think the read is willing to take the acts Like if this doesn't work and you want to gilla te me, that's fine, but my job is to try to win.
Speaker 2: I like that he swings and he gives up a lot of picks. He makes big trades. But he said that at.
Speaker 7: The end of the season he was like, listen, like I've got to do something here, and I'm going to take a huge risk, probably.
Speaker 6: When I could not run it back with the same group, especially like.
Speaker 7: Just trying to push the needle a little bit. You gotta just kind of.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can't make casual decisions.
Speaker 3: You got to like really go after it. See. I like the fact that Garren is he's bold, he's say going for.
Speaker 6: Like you can't fault these guys for wanting to win championships and doing everything they can to say, like, we're doing our part.
Speaker 3: These these players jobs on the line.
Speaker 6: Yeah, these players and coaches have to step up, but we're going to give you what you need to win. And you know, a tip of the cap to the to the new ownership with the Timberwolves too, like they're letting commonly just let him.
Speaker 3: Do something and they go back into the luxury gms.
Speaker 2: Get hired to get fired, right, You're gonna get fired at the end of your run with any team. Would you rather say like, sure, I went for it. I took my shots and it didn't work, but I went for it, or just like, oh man, I was just trying to hang on because I was getting paid a lot of money. No, it's like I like that Conley is willing to swing and if it doesn't work, then eventually he'll lose his job.
Speaker 3: But now he's an interesting freaking your art.
Speaker 6: Though, if we take a step back at a lot, at a lot of professional sports, high level front office decision makers, you work so hard you grind, like look at Teasley like you grinding, grinding, grind to get to that spot, knowing that longevity is not is never guaranteed, and it's almost like you're only guaranteed what your first contract. So you write so hard to be maybe three or four years in that spot. If you're lucky, you get a second contract. But then after that some of these guys like the frand follies of the world dispp.
Speaker 3: You want it done right because because if it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: What franchise, multi billion dollar franchise is going to say, Hey, you know the guy that failed, we're hiring.
Speaker 3: Him the guy that over coming that guy be.
Speaker 6: It might be a decade before Racy maybe even gets a second look at being a.
Speaker 3: GA, likely never again and likely never again. Right, So again, you gotta gamble because you're only in that's gonna go on, So why not why not go all in and give it your best shot? So I love for trade. Why not? Who cares?
Speaker 5: Right, it's gonna be super entertaining. Exactly like you said when they when they swung for Rudy, they're trying. It's different than running out sixteen win teams that you.
Speaker 3: And I went to. They're trying. It's back in.
Speaker 2: The day, it would have been you draft Isaiah Evans and Trey kaffin un last night and go.
Speaker 3: I hope they're good, right, and then what's three years out of the Three years later they're out of the league, and it's just over right. But yeah, Conley doesn't mess around.
Speaker 8: In arms race in the West right now, and you got to keep up and everybody else is huge nuke, then you got to you gotta get a nuke yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be worried about the twenty thirty three draft class.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean.
Speaker 2: Keeping me up, man can when we look back in those three second rounders that we gave up, how worthless those three picks are going to end up being.
Speaker 5: I mean, name somebody that somebody name a player, a good player that the Jazz have picked with the Rudy picks. You can right like they have. I don't what picks it I mean, they're all in the late twenties, right, well that the Jazz got from Rudy for Rudy.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 7: You just don't know who's gonna last in this league until they get there. And then, I mean you have obviously your stars that are coming out and your top picks and things like that, but everything else it's kind of wait and see.
Speaker 3: How they last. And second rounders are so easily attainable.
Speaker 2: Like I'm pretty sure Connley could just call up a couple of teams and just ask nicely and they would just give them one.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, Like, we don't really need all these tam nicks made like nine picks in the second round.
Speaker 5: Four picks in the second round last night were made by the original team, four of them. They're removed all the time. Yeah, God, I love trades. Trades are God. I gotta fire up NBA.
Speaker 3: Two K.
Speaker 1: We do have to talk about the Night of Champions on Saturday, w W w E. I mean we have to on TV.
Speaker 7: Interviewed.
Speaker 6: Here's here's the ridiculous part, because it is kind of a fun little past time to hate on what ESPN does. So Saus goes with the breaking news and then thirty seconds later, ESPN has it up on the screen. They talk about it for maybe thirty seconds and they start teasing that who's this Dudee Rollins live live from Saudi Arabia coming up after the break.
Speaker 3: They haven't talked about the trade since. I mean they did a segment, did they.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they had three of them in boxes around talking about it.
Speaker 3: If it's a trade like it should have been. I agree, they.
Speaker 6: Should have been like, hey, dude, like, uh, we're we're going to push this interview back if.
Speaker 5: Go to the Lakers. It's they push Seth Rollins. That's half of it. They don't it's half of it. It's true, and they paid like it's all like money.
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 6: I understand the finances behind it and this ridiculousness that they have to make treat the w W like it's a real sport, which they do, which they do, so I get the financial incentive. It's just they they put themselves in a weird spot when breaking news like this happens and they can only like touch on it because they have to go to Saudi Arabia to talk to Seth Rawlins about his strategy for this wrestling don't actually.
Speaker 3: Keeps people watching don't care. It is bizarre. I don't know.
Speaker 7: The e the nasri era over well, I want to get into a business. Laser tattoo removal something you should look into.
Speaker 3: That Charlotte Hornet's power forwards name you have on your arm? Yes it is? Well why yes it is? Because he played for Minnesota.
Speaker 5: For a couple of years. Yeah, is he like he never started? I mean other than like injuries, but he rarely started. It's gonna sting, yep, much like the Hornets.
Speaker 3: So who he did there?
Speaker 2: See when we when we rip ESPN from going from the LaMelo ball to the Timberwolves trade to seth rollins, can we even transition to play this game, because now we're going to transition out of breaking news.
Speaker 6: We gave it, We gave it the time, we gave it the three hours.
Speaker 2: And my guess is Barrero has Tim Connolly on some time between three and six.
Speaker 3: They're having who's the cream guy? They have on?
Speaker 5: Tom Tom Crean, They having him on at three point thirty they'll have Yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Don't know, man, I'm sorry, right here, right here, job that's really been underplanned.
Speaker 3: His ball knowledge talking who I.
Speaker 6: Just hold off, just bring me back for bump and they'll give you everything I got.
Speaker 2: All right, So if you just tuned in and you're like, what the hell are they talking about?
Speaker 3: Lamello Ball traded from the Hornets to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 2: But yes, nas Reed, a first round pick, a whole bunch of second round picks, and a whole bunch of pick swaps in the first round are headed to Charlotte. But the headline is LaMelo Ball is coming here, nas Reed going there.
Speaker 1: And we will keep the video stream going on YouTube and the PA's first segment, So which will be I'm sure must listen radio.
Speaker 3: For sure, heavy, a lot of mellow talk talk, a lot of ball talk, a lot of ball talk, man, Lamello Ball, Christine, all right here real quick before before we transition, before we transition out of the game. One final kind of just hypothetical question. The hot rumor a week or two ago was Kyrie Irving? Right?
Speaker 2: I don't know what you would have had to give up to get Kyrie Irving. He's much older than than Lamello Ball. Would you have rather had Kyrie on this team and his experience and his maturity or no macurity? Well, I mean compared to LaMelo maybe experience man now experience might be because.
Speaker 8: He would have probably, I mean, you could have saved a couple of pick swaps. I'm sure sure would have had to make a similar size haul to get Kyrie Irving, who I mean also has injury struggles and is, like you said, significantly older. Now you have a premiere point guard that's on the same exact timeline as Anthony Edwards. I mean, like Julia said, they were drafted in the same exact draft. I remember debating, I remember being dead wrong, being like, I wish we got Lamello instead of Anthony Edwards, and now we got them on them both.
Speaker 2: And by the way, speaking of of Conley swinging big and being wrong, he swung big and traded up for Rob Dillon.
Speaker 3: Hammon was wrong right way, wrong way, which is fine because he was like, we need a point guard. Let's find a young one that can score always drafted player from Kentucky. Let's let's go for doing that. It didn't work.
Speaker 2: He still found a way to get us Io by getting rid of Rob Dillion, Haim and Iowa is awesome, but that didn't cost him his job.
Speaker 3: He swung big. I freaking love it.
Speaker 5: Keep swinging, yep, don't just hope show Hey shows up for one hundred and sixty two games.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if he fits with the Twins anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I'm on a different team, so you can sell the place out, all right. Team code Maximsince Heior. You get to play too. I didn't know you were gonna be back in time.
Speaker 7: You're in.
Speaker 3: Max will be good at this. I've never played. I think you'll be good. All right.
Speaker 2: So the Twins are off today, probably going to be talking about LaMelo ball the rest of the day down with.
Speaker 3: The Clay Probably wealked about it. Yeah, they probably are.
Speaker 2: But tomorrow we play the Colorado Rockies. You guys know the team code for Colorado? Sure, it's just col, so Julia. All twenty words will have the letters col consecutively somewhere in the word.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have to be the beginning. It could be the middle, could be the end.
Speaker 2: But col will appear somewhere in the word.
Speaker 3: You don't have to yell out your name like initials.
Speaker 2: As soon as you know the answer, just yell out the answer, and whoever says it correctly first gets it.
Speaker 3: Everybody ready, Yes, daddy, all right, here we go c O L Number one typically under four years of age and uncastrated. Oh, I think Julia was first. It was close, but again, ladies.
Speaker 2: First, that is a cult even if it wasn't. Again, this we don't take it as seriously is initially, so we're giving you that point.
Speaker 3: I know, Sorry, I said my name ring under.
Speaker 6: Yes, I forgot. We don't have to say her name's.
Speaker 3: Julia gets the first point. Number two.
Speaker 2: Its primary function is to absorb water and electrolytes.
Speaker 3: Colon. Yes, Zachary, right.
Speaker 8: On brand, right on, of course, you got that, Yes, Zachary, that castration and colon blazing start.
Speaker 3: Zach has one, Julia has one.
Speaker 2: Number three a recurring feature article by the same writer.
Speaker 6: Column.
Speaker 2: I think everybody got that point. Let's just give points all around the column.
Speaker 3: Yes, number four has a large flowering head and stalk cauliflower. Just kidding, that's wrong. That's not a bad guess, but just hmm, you said again, has a large flowering head and stock stock as cool. Somewhere in the word like doesn't start with it. In this case, that might help a little bit. Flowering head relax, run on brand what's the stock.
Speaker 2: Let's just say cauliflower was a fantastic guess that's so close to right.
Speaker 3: It's just oh, Ben got it, broccoli.
Speaker 2: The co ol is in the there for sure, right on, all right, bends on the board. Number five, Sanders and Mustard, Colonel.
Speaker 3: Everybody gets that point.
Speaker 2: I think that if we give it to Sauce and Max, basically everybody has a point. Let's just say it's even after five. Here's number six. H This is a little personal, but still rabbit puke. Coleslaw's rabbit puke. Do you like Coleslaw. It's disgusting. It's rabbit puke.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Number seven has touched golden tickets, chocolate.
Speaker 5: Chocolate, yes, yes, yeah, you're a cel, right, Charlie, Joe.
Speaker 3: He touched a lot of things, all right, Julia has too.
Speaker 2: Number eight to tearble people put this in headlines in April of nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Columbine zach column second number nine.
Speaker 2: This disorder impairs the brain's ability to regulate sleep wake cycles circadian. This disorder impairs the brain's ability to regulate sleep wake cycles.
Speaker 3: Oh narcolepsy nail.
Speaker 2: Narcolepsy col right in the middle of narcolepsy. Number ten works jointly with others. Collaborative, sure, or collaborate, but yeah, absolutely, then collaborate gets you point number three for Benjamin number eleven. Men don't need appointments for this docu gynecologists.
Speaker 3: Oh whatcologists? Chinacologist.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna start calling it that.
Speaker 5: You can see if you take him to that five seconds of summer concert.
Speaker 3: He's no threat China. It's zach point number three that is now in the top college called in the fact that you had the all before the Agina colleges, it made it even better, Gina cologist Zachary, Come on, man, it was hilarious. Zachary.
Speaker 2: Number eleven col or the letters what you do with two hundred dollars right after you pass collect? That is correct, you collect two hundred dollars in monopoly.
Speaker 3: We needed aither there Number thirteen.
Speaker 2: Structural glue that holds your skin, bones muscle.
Speaker 3: Ten colleges. Yes, Max, I never went to collagen. Your mom goes to collagen.
Speaker 2: Your mom goes to what Giana collegist, she should.
Speaker 3: Should be going. Number fourteen a stronger pause than a comma, but softer than a full stole number fifteen Obsession, Obsession, savage and a cologne well done his cologne. Number sixteen Tommy had a ton of an on today. Oh he always does. That's always a ton. Number sixteen Penguin.
Speaker 8: Colony Nold's not bad, MAXI yeah, both very good penguin.
Speaker 2: But you're thinking lamellow Ball has been traded to the Timberwolves for nas reading a bunch of first.
Speaker 5: And what I've been told is it's going to be roped into the trade as well.
Speaker 3: All over it.
Speaker 2: We talked about it earlier, but yeah, LaMelo ball is a Timberwolf, huge trade in the NBA. Hell yeah, Ny, has you covered?
Speaker 3: We got to play some penguin, absolutely, Max, So you can do this one penguin. What if I say the penguin colin the Great Show ex Saws. You're gonna get this one ready, be quick though.
Speaker 2: Number seventeen, home to Escobar's Hipposum.
Speaker 3: Absolutely yeah, man.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Three more.
Speaker 2: Number eighteen a two thousand and four Tom Cruise movie or nailed it.
Speaker 3: Very good banger. Number nineteen.
Speaker 2: This is Italian for small or little, but it's also a wood wind instrument Clarence Italian for small or little. She is good at this games that they're back to talking about Lamello. All right, last one to drop someone typically with one punch with blunt forest old cold Cock nailed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know when you cause after cold I'm like, you might want to start over cold Cock.
Speaker 3: After Giana Colleges had to be careful. Why do we not call it that? I don't know, Zach apparently does. Julia, you're the best.
Speaker 2: Thank you for coming in and hanging out for three and a half hours after a night shift at the caroleven. You still came in and did the.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So every day except for Mondays and Tuesdays, right, yeah, all right, so you can watch Julia han care eleven sports every night of the week except for Mondays and Tuesdays. But she was nice enough to come in today and you'll be back in a handful of weeks for the Initials Invitational. Yeah the best. Thank you, Benjamin, see you Monday, Monday, but not next Thursday. Not Monday, so not the next Thursday or the following Monday. But we'll see you Monday, all right.
Speaker 3: LaMelo ball traded to the Timberwolves nine to noon. As you covered.
Speaker 2: Next power trip back tomorrow five thirty to nine and initials tomorrow at eight fifteen, with one hundred and nineteen thousand potentially.
Speaker 3: Up for grabs. See you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: To listen back to today's Power Trip Morning Show or to hear previous show that the podcast is on the iHeartRadio app, ORKFAA
Speaker 3: Dot com from the one eight hundred ask