Speaker 1: When you went to the dentist and they said, oh, I'm sorry, Diane, you've got cavities.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 3: I mean I had them filled?
Speaker 2: You got them filled?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How did you know you had cavities?
Speaker 3: After the dentist did an exam?
Speaker 5: Right, so he told you, oh, you've got two cassies, let's take care of it.
Speaker 4: I guess right, did he?
Speaker 2: Did you maybe get a second opinion?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Ooh?
Speaker 3: I mean I was a kid.
Speaker 2: You haven't had a cavity since you were kid? I don't know what the last time I've.
Speaker 3: Never had I think that the last time I had one was like elementary school.
Speaker 2: Did you know there's a whole scam going around.
Speaker 4: Because you can get a second opinion. I've never heard of that for a dentist.
Speaker 2: How do you know you have cavities? The dentist tells you you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're taking them at their word. Oh you think they're just trying to like upsell you.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't think I know.
Speaker 4: Or are some much quicker to fill?
Speaker 2: Oh? Like the hole isn't big enough, it's.
Speaker 4: Not that big. They still are like, let's go. No, what is a scam?
Speaker 2: They'll tell you you have cavities.
Speaker 4: And you have no bacterial decay at all.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 4: Okay, that is a total like criminal, that's not just a scam. That is a crime.
Speaker 2: Nobody know. If a doctor said you have cavities.
Speaker 3: You're thinking they're being honest and that that's something you got to deal with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, of course you do. But you don't know. You have no idea.
Speaker 1: You have no clue if whether you have cavities or not. I mean, unless you can feel with your tongue. I've never had a cavity, so I don't know if it feels differently or not.
Speaker 2: Maybe in some cases it does.
Speaker 3: Does it just present as like a toothache?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, But like I bet there are people who go in and they're told they have a cavity and they have no idea that there was anything wrong.
Speaker 4: Like, yeh, that's happened to me both times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you don't like, your tongue doesn't feel anything, your tooth doesn't hurt, your.
Speaker 2: Gums don't hurt.
Speaker 1: The X rays revealed it, right, So they did X rays and they were like, oh, you got a cavity, and you were like, oh crap, well you better feel that.
Speaker 2: Do they do they showed you and walk you through on the X rays.
Speaker 4: I think that I want to say they did here because I've had one as an adult and one as a as a minor. Right, I can't recall when I was younger, but I do think I was allowed to turn around. But I also didn't know what I was looking at, Like, it's not obvious to me that the darker spot may be the cavity. There's darker areas in all X rays.
Speaker 2: Who owns your dentist's office?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Does your dentist own his own office?
Speaker 3: I mean, I know he used to, and then he sold the practice.
Speaker 2: Do you know who he sold it to?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Did he sell it to public equity?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't know who owns it. All I know is they got hours on Sundays. Now, I was like, wow, Sundays really okay?
Speaker 4: So what is this question that we need to be asking?
Speaker 2: Oh, who owns your dentists? Is it public equity?
Speaker 4: And we say that when we're we're private equity whatever those companies are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you should know who owns your dentists.
Speaker 3: Do you know who owns yours?
Speaker 1: Not yet?
Speaker 4: And that looks this afternoon though, he is did they get yeah, all of the details.
Speaker 1: So I was reading about So there's a couple, man and a woman. Neither of them have ever had a cavity in their life, right, and they had to switch to a new dentist.
Speaker 2: And they don't say why. They don't say.
Speaker 1: Why, like maybe they moved, Maybe they moved, maybe the other dentists retired. I have no f and clue, but they moved to a new dentist. They went in their first appointment. Keep mind, these people have never had a cavity. And I'm not saying that you can't then get cavity, Like I've never had a cavity in my life. If I went into the dentists and they were like, you have a cavity, now, I like my dentist a lot. I've been going there forever unless I find out he's owned by private equity.
Speaker 4: The but I get percentage of done just practice are owned by private equities.
Speaker 2: Okay, I haven't researched a lot of things.
Speaker 4: So you a question, but we have no follow ups available times.
Speaker 2: A lot search it up.
Speaker 1: So anyway, this couple, they have to go to a new dentist, right, they go to a new dentist.
Speaker 2: They walk in, they get their.
Speaker 1: First X rays, comes back, he's got seven cavities.
Speaker 2: His wife has two.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Seven, It's like, you got to be kidding me. We've never had a cavity before. They immediately fill, not immediately, but he makes the appointment. His wife goes back in, gets the two done. He tries to schedule his get sideways about the thing, and he's like, ah, crap, you know what. He goes to So he says, you know what, that was really expensive. I'm gonna go see another dentist.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 1: He goes to another dentist. They do the X rays on his teeth. How many cavities did that one reveal?
Speaker 3: Not seven?
Speaker 2: Not any zero?
Speaker 4: But did he say, I can you why? Another practice may.
Speaker 2: Say, so you said your teeth are totally fine.
Speaker 4: Oh so there. It wasn't even a subjective interpretation of the hole as a hole. No, that's not for some will fill.
Speaker 1: No, no, but you would still have to have something there. It may be a small sinkhole versus a big sinkhole. Small sinkhole is this big big sinkhole is a grand canyon, like there's a there's a breadth in between.
Speaker 4: But I believe some dentists will wait a little bit. They won't and they won't even tell you.
Speaker 2: They'll just wait until the next one. Right, Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, you know how many cavities this guy's got none?
Speaker 4: How about his wife?
Speaker 2: So well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: They already filled those two he got him done. Oh so now he thinks, well, those were also a scam. So he started doing all this research on it. And that's when he found out. You gotta be careful because private equity that we're running, we need numbers. We need numbers, and how does we're creating we're generating revenue?
Speaker 2: Bro and most people don't know.
Speaker 1: Again, if people don't know, if I went to my dentist and he was like, you have a cavity, we need to get it filled, I would go, Okay. People go to doctors all the time and they get they get some kind of diagnosis, what do they do?
Speaker 2: A lot of people, not everybody, but a lot of people will get a.
Speaker 3: Second who else too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why would nobody does that with their teeth?
Speaker 4: How does the liquid fluoride news that came out this week factor into all this?
Speaker 1: Write that number three of things to what was the what was the liquid fluoride thing?
Speaker 4: Positive gains in treating not cavities that basically need root canals, right, but cavities that are more surface level, so there's some bacterial decay that you can paint them with this liquid fluoride instead of filled drill and fill, which has been traditionally the way to handle it. And the patients are fine. Now the only trades does it fill?
Speaker 2: Does it fill a hole in their tooth?
Speaker 4: No, it's just like the stuff that they put on you already. There's a lot of fluoride treatment is different. Yeah, that's the foam you're talking about where you sort of sit there for a second.
Speaker 3: They painted on Yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: Talking about the trays that you bite into.
Speaker 4: Many practices won't even do that suff adults anymore.
Speaker 2: I gag to death on that.
Speaker 4: But there's different types of fluoride. It is a different material that they're painting for the treatment. But here's the trade off, and this is where I kind of thought you were going one, which one nets the dentistry more money. That's where private equity could maybe be come into play. I bet drill and phil does, but there also could be just a greedy dentist that owns their own practice.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you're a greedy dentist and it doesn't have to be private equity and business is down, I'll start doing cavities.
Speaker 4: But if this becomes more common, this liquid fluoride treatment for cavities instead of drill and phil, the tooth is going to be permanently black.
Speaker 2: I am black teeth.
Speaker 4: It changes the color of the tooth that's at the top of the tooth or I mean, I guess a cavity can be where everybody but the top or like it depends obviously where they're painting it.
Speaker 1: But it does like old school days when somebody would open their mouth and you would see like they're silver in their teeth for something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the entire right. But instead it's going to be black. I kind of like that.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Do you want that, SAIDs a signal well that you got bad teeth?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Do you want to avoid and that pain? Right to have just the little liquid painted, But you're gonna have a black tooth rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Now I'm in on the black tooth.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Dian did the old drill and fill back at uh Radford. Where am I going? Line?
Speaker 1: So now I got two things, like I'm sorry, two things, not two things?
Speaker 4: Line six not tooth thirty.
Speaker 2: Now that's a Chinese Dennis favorite time. That's a great old joke. Tooth hurtee. Hi Elliott in the morning, Krista got it? Hello, Yeah, Hi, who's it?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 4: This is the end?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir? What can I do for you?
Speaker 6: So when I was younger, in about elementary school, I've been going to this dentist like all through my childhood, and then one day they said I had like four or five cavities. My parents were like what. So we went to a different dentists and they only said that all the cavities they said were stains.
Speaker 2: Stains ever you eating that looks like.
Speaker 6: A hole, But they weren't cavities, and I never had to get anything done. So he stopped going to that dentist, and I've been going to that dentist, the new dentist all my life.
Speaker 1: Now interesting now he's just interesting, No, but you know what a thank you? He said something that was interesting because somebody else said, looking back, when I was a kid, I think my family Dennis was doing the same thing. I got drilled so many times I lost count. So do they do that for kids all the time where it's like, hey, you know what, parent wants to take care of their kids, just telling the kids get cavities, they sugar, they like crap.
Speaker 2: So you know what, your kid's got three cavities.
Speaker 1: Drill phil, drill filled, drill fill, Good to go.
Speaker 4: There's an example of what the black discolouration will look like.
Speaker 1: Please put that on the screen for Diane, because Diane, you may change your mind, you may want the black two.
Speaker 4: I told you it wasn't the whole tooth that let Diane see and you're mercury filling description or comparison maybe kind of accurate? Oh gross?
Speaker 2: Okay, judge, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 4: No one is in your mouth on your pad looking down.
Speaker 3: Well, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Had cavities in their four front teeth now, but this one, this one isn't where them all out.
Speaker 3: Let's start over right.
Speaker 4: This is a back molar and they're taking a photo from the your soft palate. Okay, how many people are gonna see that black spot?
Speaker 2: Okay? What about the top picture? How many people are gonna see that?
Speaker 4: I'm saying, what if the option is presented to you, and and the cavity is in the back of your mouth instead of drilling and filling.
Speaker 3: Somebody's gonna see it. I'm gonna I'm gonna like nis, Yeah, I'm gonna laugh really boisterously. Everybody's gonna go, you got some.
Speaker 2: Dip in your teeth? Where am I going?
Speaker 4: Line three?
Speaker 2: Hi Ellie in the morning.
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 9: This is the care from Tyson's McLean's McLean.
Speaker 8: Yes, go ahead, yeah.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 10: I previously had a Brassis and then after two years of course, I came back to my dantis and then this said, there's two cavities, so we get that done.
Speaker 9: And then six months later there's nothing. And then six months later I came back again. You know, every six month we have to get a check up and stuff like that. Sure, and then the following six months and she said I had nine. Nine blew up my mind, right, And I'm like, oh, what is going on? You told me six weeks ago as a six months ago, sorry, there's no cavity, and then now you're telling me I have nine.
Speaker 1: So and that's where they got you, because they'll go, yeah, when we chessed six months ago, you had nothing, You've had a bad six months. And then you're there, You're like Wes Moore with your D in your hand, going like, well, I guess so I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Did you see him hold on one second? Hold on one second? Made it to yesterday that he's got his D in his hand?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Or did he say flaccid erect?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: What did he?
Speaker 4: What did he admit to found out about that new series when everyone else.
Speaker 1: Did, which is what we that's what we thought. Yeah, they didn't talk to him ahead of time. So wait, so did you did you get the did you get your did you get your teeth filled? No?
Speaker 9: Of course not, because I don't believe that. I don't feel any pain. I don't feel any sensitivity on my teeth. And then like I don't believe this. I took care of my teeth and then like so I went to another dentist near where is my office?
Speaker 2: And then what that what that dentis say?
Speaker 9: Yes, they took another X ray just to making sure, and then he said.
Speaker 1: You have nothing. See see what's the what's the one? What's the one in Tyson's? Were they private equity?
Speaker 9: Well, the previous one it's in resting, and then the one that I yeah, the one that I right now been going.
Speaker 10: For two years and I still don't have cavity. Yeah, in two years with him?
Speaker 8: Can I?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey? Can I ask you something real quick? Yes? What part of Italy?
Speaker 9: What part of Italy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Are you? Are you Italian? Correct me?
Speaker 9: Oh no, no, no, I'm not Italian.
Speaker 2: What are you?
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm from Indonesia, Asia, South Asia?
Speaker 4: Oh oh well yeah, no, you know what what did you assume? Italian? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It sounded a little bit like when sometimes when she was talking, it sounded.
Speaker 2: Like it sounded a little Italian.
Speaker 3: You were little mouse?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit. Yeah, you speaking to the little mouse.
Speaker 9: Eh well, nobody can guess where actually where maxents come from?
Speaker 1: Say man, I listen, I got you with Peppino. All right, very good, very good, Sorry about the two thirty joke.
Speaker 2: All right, very good. Thank you, Sam, thank you, thank you. I love you, all right, love you.
Speaker 8: I love you, Eliot, thank you.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Here's a follow up statement we can use.
Speaker 1: By the way, same thing right there, same thing right there, went to another denis no cavities?
Speaker 4: When we're chatting it up at the front desk from Aaron M. Barlow.
Speaker 2: Oh, hey, yn't got my teeth. I'm rufus Stuffu's.
Speaker 1: By the way, she probably didn't even have a messed up too. The private equity probably just ripped it out of her mouth.
Speaker 4: She writes. Private equity groups are absolutely detrimental to private medical practice.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: So she's expanding your photos.
Speaker 2: Oh so she's saying it's doctors also.
Speaker 4: Yes, and that explains why Joel wrote, our optometrists was doing this too in our small town.
Speaker 5: You need glasses. We didn't, but like, can you go well, I thought I saw fine. No, no, But that's what I'm saying. With teeth, you have no idea.
Speaker 1: You would have no even with a lot of dentist stuff, even with boo, you have no idea. If they if they if they came back and they were like, oh man, we found this, you'd be like, holy crap, we better get that tested. But with vision, they would come back and go you need glasses and be like I see you perfectly, like I can see you lot.
Speaker 3: Then that would create the thought in your mind of like, oh well maybe I'm I thought it was pretty good man. Man, imagine how much sharper it's gonna be?
Speaker 2: Or you know what, that sign looks a little off today.
Speaker 1: I do that sometimes with my contacts, where I feel like one's off, and I'll look at a road sign on the way in and go, does that say it Tyson's McLane, like.
Speaker 2: I can't tell what it is?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I did too.
Speaker 1: I hope you go to Passion Fish and resting.
Speaker 4: By the way, I told you my daughter needs glasses, oh right, And she told me no, no, no, I need contact less. Yes, I wish. I guess with dancing, unless you want the sportspecs the no.
Speaker 2: Don't know? Can I tell you not? Why not to do that? Because then she's gonna get the bad lines.
Speaker 1: Those sportspecs are tight, but unless she gets the flip up lenses.
Speaker 4: I had never noticed that maybe she was struggling with her vision until we were at the Jersey Shore playing the claw machine games the seaside heights because the kids try to like walk on the side to make sure it's lined up, and the like was the doll on the left and she tried to grab it on the right lumbob method and they do all that stuff and then they'll ask me or that's lindsay like and maybe not so much my son, but she will still say like, am I good? And I would say no, are you not seeing straight? And then I think, oh, that's right, you need glasses.
Speaker 2: Right, one in the middle, Get the one in the middle. Where am I going? Line seven?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 2: Ellie in the morning? Hi? Hi, yes, Hi? Who's this? Hi?
Speaker 8: I'll go my skater.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, what's your name? Skater?
Speaker 3: Skater or gatorater?
Speaker 4: Gator?
Speaker 2: Right? And where are you calling me?
Speaker 8: From southern Arizona? I'm DMD born but I live.
Speaker 2: Oh, go to DJ Max.
Speaker 1: I had to film, I had a film anyway, Yes, what can I do for you?
Speaker 2: Gator?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, it's amilar story of first I wanted to start with. I accidentally called one eight hundred instead of one eight six, and I thought it was part of the fit because someone answered and said, Hi is Elliott Hospital?
Speaker 2: I said, what, Oh that.
Speaker 1: That's how That's how I answer at my private equity for anyway, anyway, Yes, so did you did you have the same problem with cavities? Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I went to the same doc in Howard County as a kid in Clarksville. You know, got the ceilings like every other eighties kid never had a cavity. And then I went to this big practice in Laurel and they were like, tell my MoMA, like the fifth grade or so, she's got like two cavities. My mom's like, oh, really show me on the X Ray's like, wow, it'sn't really showing on the x ray yet, but you know there's the we should go ahead and get it done. My mom was like, bs right, never never had a cavity good at cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm telling you there was there was one. There was one Dennis, thank you that that did fess up to lying. Uh more than half of his procedures, while pertinent and billable, were not necessary. So maybe that maybe that's also part of it, where it's like you got a little bitty hold and they're like, you know what, I don't need to drill and fill this, but that's a billable hour.
Speaker 4: Elliott husband had this happen to him. Dentist number one said he needed seven seven. Dentist number two said he needed three. Oh, pe is buying up medical practices, dentist, veterinary practices, everything, you.
Speaker 2: Know what we need to do.
Speaker 1: We need to buy practices we need to buy we need to open a private equity fund. And by the way, it's all like like think about it, like like we said, you don't know from teeth.
Speaker 2: You have no idea. The only thing I hope, like, I have no like I've been going my dentist forever and love him. He's great. I hope that if he gets bought out by private equity that he's honest with me.
Speaker 4: In terms of the treatments. Yeah, well, I don't know if you meant.
Speaker 2: No, because and by the way, and I trust him.
Speaker 1: The only reason I know that he's not private equity because he's never done a goddamn thing to my mouth. Because it would be easy to go. You got cavities, like, all right, haul them up right.
Speaker 4: That's like this DM went to one dentist, got a crown, went to a different dentist, and he said, you're the last person i'd give a crown to. Oh, that would be interesting.
Speaker 2: It feels like you already have a crown.
Speaker 4: But just that you brought up right away that idea of a second opinion, and people do that when it comes to maybe procedures and surgeries and things like that, or even a diagnosis but it's unheard of in dentistry.
Speaker 2: You would never do it. Well, God, this sucks. You need a root canal. Now, let me go look, let me shop.
Speaker 4: It's that no new patience. Okay, I'll just go back to Mailicanay.
Speaker 2: No, no, but you're right.
Speaker 1: You don't think about it. If somebody said seven cavities, like, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: That is a ton of cavities. I didn't even know you could get seven cavities. I have none.
Speaker 4: We did know that.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm just saying, if it came back that you need seven, would that seem off? But I did all black tooth?
Speaker 3: Oh what's that?
Speaker 7: Oh god, that scared me. But Tyler just pulled up a picture of rufous tooth as that was on this stay twelve years ago. Oh my god, what what's wrong.
Speaker 4: With that photo?
Speaker 2: How about the teeth?
Speaker 1: I mean, you get at that point you don't even notice the hair, Well, what's wrong with the haircut?
Speaker 4: Dumb? Look at those teeth.
Speaker 3: My goodness, you got teeth better in your mouth.
Speaker 2: They don't even know where they go.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just camping out of here on the tongue that hurt.
Speaker 4: Is that a prosthetic teeth that she's pushed down into her middle.
Speaker 2: Ye, my teeth go out and around. It looks like hers went out and they were like, no, let's go back in and make it.
Speaker 3: You it's much more comfortable sitting on this tongue.
Speaker 2: No wonder you're getting.
Speaker 1: And then those front choppers, dude, corner of fence with that look at that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so, but but I don't notice the way you make those sexy eyes, sweet hair. I will say this the only thing I will say. And she's obviously taking care of her dental issues. I would not have worn those ear rings.
Speaker 3: Because it's mixing metals.
Speaker 2: When it looked better, she added some sandwich bread to the ear rings.
Speaker 4: The earrings draw attention to what's going on in her mouth. The earrings should distract you from that, and they don't. You're just like, oh my god, have a neon sign.
Speaker 1: On her forehead and that isn't going to take away from what's going on in that mouth.
Speaker 2: It would distract the hair. Knock the mouth titties this way?
Speaker 4: Hell ya, oh god, we're gonna repost it.
Speaker 1: You believe she's fake smiling there, because ain't nobody happy with that.
Speaker 3: Sir, middle school was awesome.
Speaker 4: Well this was twelve years ago, Diana.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait was she in middle school?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: No, well that's high school, she's no, that's adulthood.
Speaker 2: No she said it was, mate.
Speaker 3: No, maybe the pictures older. She just posted it twelve years ago, right, I don't know, Well it doesn't she looks like she's in high school.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 2: Whatever it was, here's what I do know. It was during her celibate era.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 2: She's the original black and Decker pecker wrecker