Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by top Sheldon Roundtable Show, Live from Longnecks and Wilder, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Honda East Power Equipment Dealer. Skyline Chili feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet, the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured call eight four four, Postman Others Promised Postman delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tofe Sheldon five one three five one three t oph On seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: All right seven oh seven, our second of three hours unfolding tonight on the Round Table Show, Hanging out at Longnecks in Richwood's still time for you to get here. We roll till nine. We've got plenty of ground to cover between now and nine.
Speaker 3: Let's talk. You see bearcats.
Speaker 2: They had to still Water, Oklahoma Saturday night to face Oklahoma State Bearcats are number twenty four in the Country winners of what four straight went away from Bowl eligibility, but with much bigger goals in mind than that they are three and oh tied for first in the Big twelve. Let's talk about it with the man from Bearcat Journal Bearcat Journal dot com.
Speaker 3: That would be Chad Brendle. How are you.
Speaker 4: Five straight plans?
Speaker 3: I don't want a short change, no one.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know we try to erase that Northwestern State game from our memory, but.
Speaker 5: It does County's count WNN column.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't want to spend a ton of time on Saturday, but you'd be perfect to do this for those who did not follow our watch and they see twenty to eleven against UCF, give a little explanation of just how disjointed that second half was. I laughed last night on his Coach show, Scott said, at times it was like watching paint dry because his offense was standing on the sidelines while UCF just held the ball and held the ball and went on like nineteen played and just it was amazing the disparity in plays and time of possession.
Speaker 4: Lands. I think one stat tells the whole story, and it's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in football, Rocky, I need to know. I don't know if you know this or not, but I need your reaction to this. If you do not, seventeen plays, forty yards, nine minutes, it.
Speaker 3: Ended in a punt, and you see it, it's no point.
Speaker 5: It seems impossible. I would have to go back and watch it myself to believe it.
Speaker 4: Yes, seventeen plays, nine minutes, forty yards and seventeen plays. I don't know. I went to public school in Kentucky, so I'm not great at math. But I don't know how that happened. It doesn't make any sense. And it's two.
Speaker 5: The way, two point three yards peoplay.
Speaker 3: Somehow I get get the first down?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Look, you want to get running to do that?
Speaker 2: Kind of man that they won ninety plays to UCS forty eight plays.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, look, that's kind of what you see. They don't want to they don't want the disparity to be like this. People, I think take it out of context when I talk about this, But UC wants you to stin your wheels like they They want to keep everything in front. They want to make you move down the field. Two point three yards at a time and they're okay with it like that. That's how that defense is designed. Because remember this defense was built by the Iowa Matt Campbell and the Iowa state staff to slow down the Big twelve offenses like a decade ago when you looked and every score was like fifty three to forty eight, right, Like, that's why this defense was designed. It's what it's designed to do. It was just on the extreme on Saturday because you see just spun their tires and spun their tires and spun their tires and really until that's the you know, the touchdown that shouldn't have happened. The second one in two weeks fit three points, Like all of those are all of those plays and they had three points. And that's what Tysonvite wants to do to you.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, Chad.
Speaker 5: Before the season, the national conversation about quarterbacks included names like Cage Club Nick and arch Manning and Drew Aller and now here we are halfway through October and two names no one had on the radar. One I'll give some credit to my Irish CJ. Carr is playing out of his mind, but also Brendan so is being talked about, you know, from a national standpoint, about how well he's playing right now, describe that well.
Speaker 4: First off, cars playing great, big hot tip to my guy Mike Denbrock, who if you remember, this fan base was really hard on Mike Denbrock to the point that I used to jokingly when he was walking off the practice field, I do him just to get him a sense of how well liked he was in the fan base. And he coached the Heisman Trophy winner and for a national championship. He's pretty good. Yeah, Sorsby's what you look for, right. He's got size, He's got a big arm, he can move, he can run when you need him to run when you ask him to run. Like all of the things that you look for in a high level quarterback, Brendan Sorosby possesses those things. I would say personally, I need to see a little bit more from him when it comes to getting out of a cold spell. Right, he'll get it like he is hot. When he is hot, he is scorching hot. But it feels like the minute that dips a little bit, you get the second half. Versus Iowa State, you get the second half. Versus Central Florida, where I need to see him be able to kick it back into gear a little bit. But in terms of you know what you're looking for in a quarterback like he's out of Central Casting, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to ask you what I asked Keegan last week when he filled in for you, and it's for the casual fan who from AFAR would be looking and saying, all right, last year they beat Arizona State to get to five and two, and I kind of got excited.
Speaker 3: Then they lost their final five.
Speaker 2: What, in your opinion, is different about this team this year that won't lead to what happened last year.
Speaker 4: A couple things. One, if you go back and watch those five games last year, their special teams was an unmitigated disaster at the end of last season, just terrible, and that cost them games. They couldn't cover, they couldn't kick, they couldn't punt, they couldn't make field goals, like the whole operation fell apart. They couldn't catch. Remember how many times they'd touch a bouncing ball and all of a sudden the other teams got it at their own five yard line and you're wondering, what the heck just happened. I think that is a big, big part of it is their winning field position, and they're winning some of that in between stuff that in conference play is so important. The other one they're not turning it over. They have done a phenomenal job taking care of the football, and I think that is one of It's not maybe the biggest difference this year and last year is last year they would just give it away inexplicably at times on plays It just didn't make any sense at all, And next thing you know, it's seven points for the other team. Momentum shifts and what was a three point game is all of a sudden the seventeen point games and they are not doing that. So a lot of it is just limiting the stuff where they were shooting themselves in the foot. And when you play clean football and you've got some really good players on your team, it makes life a heck of a lot easier.
Speaker 5: Okay, and Chad to that point, and look, no one knows this team better than you. Is there any thing you can point to that Scott Saderfield specifically is doing where that he wasn't doing last year that you can look to and now, wow, it seems won five games, and this is because Sadderfield is doing this better or different.
Speaker 4: I don't know if anything sticks out. I think maybe they're not having and this could just be a player's thing. It's not as much a Sadderfield thing. They're not trying to get as cute on offense like that, you're not seeing as much east west, You're not seeing you know, try and trick plays like. They don't feel at times like they're they're searching for something. They feel pretty confident and Scott's the play caller. They feel pretty confident in what they're dialing up right now. And I think a lot of that goes to a much better receiver Correps, a better offensive line about the run and the pass game, Soresby with an extra year. Like, I think it's just an overall maturation process that we've seen from last year to this year, and Saderfield gets the credit for that. So I don't know if it's anything drastic, but I think it's definitely visible watching the program take a step where you're not scratching your head and going what was that? Why was that? I don't understand the like it doesn't feel it's confusing the right word lands. Like last year, a lot of the stuff they did felt confusing, and they don't see that this year.
Speaker 2: Last question, look ahead to Saturday night, still Water. Oklahoma State fired Mike Gun to you a while back. They're a mess. What if anything is there to be wary of with Oklahoma State Saturday night? It is their homecoming and under the lights Saturday night.
Speaker 4: I guess maybe that's it. This is a bad football team. They're just they're not they they they're bad on offense. They they don't gain a lot of yards, they're bad on defense, they don't tackle real well. Sure, maybe you could look at this and say, like, is it a trap game? I think Central Florida was the trap game. You're coming off Kansas and Iowa State. Yep, you know it's at home. It was kind of a sleepy noon game. Like I don't hate the noon games as much as most people, but I think in back to back weekends, that second one doesn't have maybe the juice that the first one does. And I thought that was the drap team Cincinnati got through that. I don't think Oklahoma State's going to catch this team sleeping. I would, I mean homecoming, the energy, Maybe it's close early, but I think there's just a pretty vast talent disparity between these two teams, and I would be surprised if you're looking at a close team in the third quarter.
Speaker 2: All right, tell everybody what they can find. A Bearcat Journal dot Com.
Speaker 4: Like great stuff. We've got all the Oklahoma States stuff up. Getting ready for that game on Saturday. Got a bunch of information on Chilyn Haynes and his injury and what that means for the basketball team. I'm getting ready on Friday to head up to Ann Arbor to watch the Bearcats take on the Michigan Wolverines and exhibition basketball action. So basketball season is right around the corner. You can get all of that and more in the best place, the best corner of the Internet for uc beartech coverage.
Speaker 3: You're the man. Appreciate the insight. We'll talk next week
Speaker 4: All right, Thanks, Ellis, have a great one.