Speaker 1: We have some money for You know I got to do is use your phone to go to Katie W beat on Common. Enter a keyword for a chance that not only one thousand dollars go to Katie W beat on comm but also a trip to This would be so awesome to go to New York City around the holidays and go to Times Square. Maybe there's a little snow falling. All the selfies you'll get in front of the giant Coca Cola sign, the giant Ruby Tuesday sign, the giant Samsung sign. There's a lot of signs in Square with the snowfall and everything. And then you go off to see jingle Ball. Then you go over to Central Park. Who do you run into in Central There's Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Taylor, she's there.
Speaker 1: Taking a little walk through Central Park. And you're like, oh my god, Taylor, can I get a picture with you?
Speaker 2: And she says yes, And.
Speaker 3: She says yes, and Travis take Travis takes the picture with you. Guys, he is there too, Yes.
Speaker 2: Can they invite you on their jet?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, don't be ridiculous. Yeah, I'll be stupid if you invite you on the git. All right, So that'd be really cool though. Here's your keyword one on one point three KDWB and Goodwill want to help you win one thousand dollars and.
Speaker 3: Qualify for a VIP trip to our iHeartRadio dingle Ball.
Speaker 1: Just enter this nationwide keyword on KDWB dot com.
Speaker 3: Green. That's green.
Speaker 1: Enter it now at KDWB dot com. Okay, or somebody else is going to meet Taylor Swift in Central Park and not you, So go ahead, take a chance. Go to KDWB dot com. Type in the box that pops up green. You look a little green because I know you've been drinking that awful station coffee today.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, I so I have not been sleeping well because my neck hurts real bad. I got a quick in my neck, so I thought I should drink some coffee today, and I got the coffee that we haven't now.
Speaker 3: I've warned you about it. I've worn you a million times.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit like a radioactive sludge from like a Spider Man movie.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not thick. It's that sludge. It is water, coffee flavored water.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: There's real coffee, there's real brood coffee made with grounds. This slop in the kitchen. I don't know what kind of bargain basement team move coffee service we have, but it is bad. It is bad coffee, and I will drink it only in an emergency, whenever desperate. You're desperate and never been that desperate. Ever, two things I don't do in this office.
Speaker 6: One poop and two back get the coffee from the break ever, if.
Speaker 1: It is Seriously, I don't know what your coffee is like at your breakroom, but they do provide free coffee.
Speaker 3: But it is not It's not real coffee.
Speaker 1: It's like a really bad version of an an espresso or a cureg yes, but it's not coffee.
Speaker 3: It is coffee flavored favored water.
Speaker 6: And I feel like there's nowhere to get good coffee nearby, so just keep drinking the.
Speaker 2: Snow the breakroom.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be back in a second. How's the coffee at your work? Maybe you have a really good coffee. Can we come over. We'll be right back on kt WB with what are we gonna do? We face off or we're gonna do Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 2: We can do face off. We haven't gotten to it yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, face off is where we give you a category like office supplies.
Speaker 3: Ready, go.
Speaker 1: Pencil and see who can name the most in fifteen seconds. But it won't be office supplies. It'll be a surprised coming up next on Katie, Oh, we're gonna do by the way, I want to let you know. Yeah, you'll hear Taylor Swift again a little bit. And when you do, make sure you do that whole thing with the talkback feature to get into that movie. She is everywhere, and she's on the Tonight Show. I don't know when exactly, Monday, Monday, she's on the Tonight Show. Album drops tonight. It's gonna be at Target stores and everywhere else but Target is opening in certain locations. There's two in town that are opening tonight at midnight for one hour so you can run in and buy some more Taylor Swift stuff.
Speaker 2: Dinah and Roseveldt are the ones in the Twin Cities area.
Speaker 3: There's other ones too.
Speaker 1: If you're listening out of states or where, go on Target dot com and they'll tell you exactly where they are. More on Taylor coming up on Dave's Dirt in a few minutes, including a chance to get into her movie right now, though we love games on the Dave Ryan Show. So I brought in Settlers of Katan. So who's got wheat? Who's got wheat? I need wheat?
Speaker 2: I have wheat.
Speaker 3: Who's got co I need coal?
Speaker 2: I don't have coal.
Speaker 1: I need Coalship? Battleship, Which one's worse?
Speaker 2: Which one's worse?
Speaker 1: Probably seven? Yea battles my Battleships. I loved that game when I was a kid. We didn't have it, but my friend had it. Oh it was so cool.
Speaker 2: Fancy.
Speaker 1: We're playing another games called face Off, and basically it's but we go head to head trying to name more items in a category than our friend can.
Speaker 3: Who is facing off today?
Speaker 5: Jennifer was facing off against Bailey J I'll leave first.
Speaker 3: I will go first, going first.
Speaker 5: Oh that's fine, No, that's fine. Bo's running my timer anyways, So fine, that's what I do. Yeah, all right, So we have our first category. Davis is out of the room.
Speaker 2: Are you guys, did you notice? No, I'm just kidding. Okay, Bail, are you ready sure?
Speaker 5: Your first category today is musical instruments?
Speaker 4: Okay, tuba, cornet, trumpet, the cello, the violin, the viola, the bass, the guitar, bass, guitar, drums, keyboard.
Speaker 2: Uh, piano, what was the second corn?
Speaker 5: Does bass and bass guitar? Are those two separate things? Bass is like the big okay, the string bass? Okay, spring bass? All right, really good job. Your next category is dangerous activities.
Speaker 4: Go skydiving, eating bugs, jumping from a cliff, cliff diving, dating in today's day and age.
Speaker 2: Let's see, uh meeting up.
Speaker 4: With a stranger you met online? The second I was thinking of fear Factor. I knew exactly what and I literally don't ever watch that show. But anyway, yes, well that one hard okay.
Speaker 5: Okay, last category, Bailey is name Halloween costumes.
Speaker 4: A dog, a cat, guy, fiery, a jellyfish, Steve Irwin, Steve Harvey, a pillow pet, a beanie baby, Gary Spivey, a clown.
Speaker 5: I love that you just started naming the ones that we didn't do. That you didn't go with almost any classics. I was dog.
Speaker 2: Which, okay, come on, welcome back, David.
Speaker 3: I'm bad.
Speaker 2: How are you doing? He was looking at his reels? Oh, come on? How much? How much is your latest reel gotten up?
Speaker 3: Too? A good question?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I tried to do a little stunt with Bailey yesterday and it did not work, and I said, well, that's done. We got to do it over again, and Jenny said, nah, that's fine, that's common, and so I did. And so it is now up to forty views.
Speaker 4: Not that much, okay, sorry buddy, Not as much as the one where you hit a ball and then it came back up and it hit you in the Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was a snapfit and it's doing some workouts. And I thought I grabbed a dead ball, which is a ball that literally doesn't bounce in even an inch and you're supposed to slam it on the floor and pick it up and it's heavy, and I thought I had a dead ball.
Speaker 3: No, it was a weighted ball.
Speaker 1: Stuck my face right down to it, bounced it really hard, hit me in the face.
Speaker 3: Love that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a class. Twenty five thousand views on that one.
Speaker 2: All right, Ready, here we go.
Speaker 5: Ready, first category today for you is musical instruments.
Speaker 1: Go trumpet, baritone, obo, bassoon, violin, viola, cello, bass, fiddle, guitar, bass guitar, drum set, marimba, xylophone, bass, clarinet, clarinet, flute, piccolo, piccolo trumpet.
Speaker 2: Well, Dave was in marching band or whatever.
Speaker 3: I wasn't.
Speaker 2: That's a full corn.
Speaker 5: Next category Dave is dangerous activities go.
Speaker 1: Skiing, skydiving, caving, splunking, cliff diving, rollerblading, skateboarding, BMX, biking, motocross, race, car driving, shark tanking, shark diving.
Speaker 2: I will say, spelunky and caving is the same thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, fair enough, Okay, so we'll take one point away.
Speaker 2: For that because I did not know that.
Speaker 3: Just give me shark tanking.
Speaker 2: I gave you.
Speaker 5: Shark tanking because I do think that that's a different activity than shark diving because you are in a tank.
Speaker 2: Well, you're in a little cage. Is that where you're right?
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm just rattling things all.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought you were actually referencing when you go in like a cage and a shark comes.
Speaker 2: Up to you.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, okay, sure, that is what I was doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just go with it, Dave. Okay.
Speaker 5: Last category Dave is Halloween costumes.
Speaker 1: Go Vampire, Princess, Superman, wonder Woman, iron Man, Spider Man, Ghost Skeleton, tic tax, Crayon's, Tootsie Roll, motorcycle, guy, nurse, doctor, naughty nurse.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not going to give you naughty nurse and nurse same thing. Naughty it's not. But there's many different costumes for those two.
Speaker 5: Okay, I have the results, and we will start with the first category, which is musical instruments. Honestly, I think Dave, you might have repeated one or two, but regardless, you still got eighteen to Bailey's twelve, which I thought Bailey did a really good job.
Speaker 2: So good job, Dave.
Speaker 3: You will get viola, Maria.
Speaker 2: I did get viola, but not Marima.
Speaker 3: What about the claves?
Speaker 2: You didn't say a Cornett though, and I Did're right, that's the.
Speaker 1: One expo the wood blocks that you hit together. Yes, it was so funny. We went to a concert one time at a community college in Colorado.
Speaker 3: I'm like, let's go see this concert.
Speaker 1: And Carson was a band snob because he was taking music at Berkeley College of Music, and so the claves looked like I'll just compare him roughly, they looked like two wooden toilet paper rolls that you clacked together. Yeah, little thinner yep yeah. And Carson's like, oh, she's not playing those right, and she wasn't, but Carson was like, Oh, let's get out of here.
Speaker 3: They suck and they did.
Speaker 2: So how old is she? Twelve?
Speaker 1: It was like an adult music class. Now it was like a forty year old woman.
Speaker 2: Did a woman try to learn a brand new skill? God?
Speaker 1: Learning it wrong is not the way to do it scat all right?
Speaker 5: All right, back to the categories here. The next category was dangerous activities. Bailey got five on that, Dave you got eleven, so you won that category.
Speaker 2: And the final one was Halloween costumes. Bailey got ten, Dave you got fifteen. Oh wow, today, I'm sorry throwing you doing?
Speaker 3: All right? You want a cookie?
Speaker 2: I would like I'll.
Speaker 1: Buy you make rib Do you want anything else? You little spoiled little victim. Spoiled little victim. Now get Bailey some milk and cookies?
Speaker 3: Will you want some milk? All right?
Speaker 1: You know what to do when you hear a song by Taylor Swift. I hope you know what to do? Good luck?
Speaker 3: Okay, Hi, it's one of one point three d Dave Ryan in.
Speaker 4: The Morning show watching Mambo number five on his phone was.
Speaker 3: Watching a woman do magic?
Speaker 2: So oh he is he started? I almost I tried.
Speaker 5: To record you yesterday because you did the bit where I'm trying to play on the show, and next thing I know, I hear you watching a video on your computer.
Speaker 2: What is he watching?
Speaker 5: Oh, a magic trick as I'm trying to do work, and then you're like, this is stupid, and you stopped right as.
Speaker 2: I got my thof right as I got my phone out to.
Speaker 1: Start recording, was like, no, let's do the dirt. Come on, squitch screwing around breaking news every hour on daystart on KADWB. You probably heard the Taylor Swift Reputation album is streaming tonight's starting. Not Reputation, sorry, A Life of Showgirl is streaming tonight at eleven o'clock on KDWB, So if you want to hear it starting at eleven o'clock, you can hear it for free on this radio station or on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: And you can hear things from Reputation and all the other Taylor Swift eras though on KWB starting at noon noon today.
Speaker 3: Oh night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll play at the top of every single hour, so Noone, one, two, we'll play one of Taylor Swift's and then also tomorrow morning during our show you're going to hear one of the new life of show goms.
Speaker 2: Oh a the top of the RAA.
Speaker 3: That'd be kind of cool.
Speaker 1: By the way, she is certain to dominate the Billboard charts through October. Pre sales for her album guarantee it'll have the biggest first week of twenty twenty five? Can she have the biggest album debut in Billboard history? That record belongs to Adele. Her album twenty five moved three and a half million units in the first week. For comparison, that was three and a half Tortured Poets Department Department. Yes, that sold two point six million, so about a million less, but she seems like she is probably going to surpass it. She's also scheduled three talk show visits, Jimmy Fallon seth Meyers next week and Graham Norton Big Show on the BBC is happening tomorrow night. And so the official release party of A Showgirl is another promotional tool allowing swifties to congregate and share Easter egg theories. You know what I just realized is that the whole East eg about her Super Bowl appearance in Sourdough and Sourdough, Sam and the forty nine Ers and all that stuff was not true.
Speaker 2: It was nothing.
Speaker 3: It just now it just occurred to me that yeah, it was yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think coincidence.
Speaker 6: I think she low key still planned it, and maybe she get people to talk about her, yeah, for people to decipher and then psych.
Speaker 4: Honestly, like, I think I'm sure she will break a record because I think between now and Tortured Poet's Department, more people care about Taylor Swift than they did then.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm assuming.
Speaker 4: The music is going to be a little bit different because Tortured Poets Department was more like moody, you know, and this one, I feel like it's going to be more party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for.
Speaker 5: Tonight, if you care, is Thursday night football on Amazon Prime. Is the San Francisco forty nine Ers against the LA Rams, their featured Division rivals.
Speaker 2: Also, this looks really interesting. I will watch this.
Speaker 5: Netflix is filming a new documentary with former One Direction stars Zane Malick and Louis Tomlinson. They're taking a road trip across the United States. So I think that that's just going to be starting to be filmed soon. So it's probably not going to be out for a while, but I would watch that and I have yet to start Love is Blind, but I know that came out yesterday and that is going to be my weekend, is all.
Speaker 2: Love is Blend all the time.
Speaker 4: We've reported on Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman getting a divorce yesterday, but he's already changing the lyrics to his song that he wrote about Nicole Kidman, which is called The Fighter. He was at a concert yesterday and he swapped her name with the name of his guitarist, who is a twenty five year old and now people are speculating it if he's got a thing with this guitarist, and people are like, hmm, wait a second.
Speaker 3: Would he be that bold to do that? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I hope not. There was like bad concert audio of it.
Speaker 6: I was trying to find some, but it was all, Yeah, there's a new show I want to tell you about. It's also on tonight. It's called On Brand with Jimmy fallon Tuesdays and Thursdays, and it's like a celebrity apprentice meets I think Shark Tank, where Jimmy and this other business mogul. They they literally have a bunch of random run of the mill people and they take them to you know, different companies come and say, hey, we need a marketing scheme. For the first episode I watched was Duncan and they had like a breakfast meal package and it's they present different ideas to help market it and see who wins Innovator of the Year. It's really really cool if you like those type of reality business he shows.
Speaker 3: It comes on NBC and Peacock.
Speaker 2: You love reality business. It's friend and so not me, but I love Jimmy phone.
Speaker 1: I was just talking to Abby in the breakroom. She was getting some of that awful coffee so bad, and I'm like, oh my god, because I don't know how your coffee is in your breakroom. We do get free coffee, but it is awful coffee. It doesn't even taste like coffee. It tastes mildly like coffee flavored water. Yeah, And you try to drown the taste with putting some like you know, mini moves in it or something like that, and it's still it still tastes like coffee flavored water with a mini moo in it.
Speaker 3: It's just bad coffee.
Speaker 4: Lacroix doesn't taste like the flavor that says it is on the can. Okay, they usually say that like that is when you taste it, it's someone's yelling the flame from a different room that's far away, like Leamon.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what it feels like when you're drinking.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so is this coffee, But Daddy's Abby's choking it down because that's the only coffee that we have here in the building. So that is going to do it for the dirt today brought you by six one two injured Heimer and Lammer's injury law. I want to make sure Vont talks about some of the cool things you're gonna be doing the next couple of days here.
Speaker 6: Friday at football tomorrow. Wise, that is so excited to see the Trojans. Y'all got to step up the hype because Monteicello was hype last week but trying to give away a twenty five thousand dollars scholarship to any school. But it's all thanks to Saint Ben's Saint John's for helping us make that happen and then kick it off October Fest at Fleet Farm in Hudson's Saturday from ten am until noon. I'll be out there, come say hey, and there's more, but that's all that's important right now.
Speaker 3: Come see me this week. Okay, very cool.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram, Dave Ryan's show on Instagram and checks out and TikTok right of course, and then check out the Minnesota Goodbye and After the Show podcast where we talk about things where we don't normally to talk about it on the radio. So check those out on the iHeartRadio app.