Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind.
Speaker 3: Hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at them and the voice of the Bolts Matt money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 4: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Make us your.
Speaker 1: Top preset on the iHeartRadio app. You shall know the truth and the truth will make you mad.
Speaker 5: On the Tros Money A five seventy LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app on a flex alert Friday, as we we alert, are not going to Clippers basketball, but to the final AM five to seventy LA Sports broadcast of Dodger Spring training baseball. They will play a game tomorrow we will not aired, so tonight will be our final broadcast. It's Padres Dodgers Padres from Arizona Dodgers on dec at five thirty, first pitch from Camelback Ranch just after six pm. David Vasse will join us here in the next couple hours, give you a preview, get you ready for the Freeway Series. Speaking of which, we have giveaways today. It's a Friday. We want to give you folks something to take into your weekend. So we will have a bevy of prizes for you to potentially win and make you feel like a freaking champion going in the next week.
Speaker 1: That's right, Matt, we have well, we have the Flag Football Oh yeah, that's tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The flag football stuff is popping off because everybody loves flag football. A lot of people are going to travel to Saudi Arabia for that event and now they don't have to and they can just go to Bemo Stadium. We have double up prizes double what do we have?
Speaker 5: So the Fanatics Flag Football Classic, which, by the way, they're still tickets available at ticketmaster dot com. Maybe you've seen the videos Tom Brady out there throwing.
Speaker 1: The so much ass talking there sites going on right.
Speaker 5: Now, Gronk's out there, Odell Beckham's out.
Speaker 1: There so much as about flag football. Nobody's gonna get socked. I don't know why they're acting like that, but but that's happening.
Speaker 5: Well, it feels like you get socked when you get that flag poled. I mean it feels like someone sucked you right in the face. I guess, so we have to And this is like a.
Speaker 2: Bo it's pulled. You're done, You're dead. Pew pew, I got you.
Speaker 5: This is I show speed gonna be out there speaking of pupu pew, pup pup pew pew. This is uh a VIP package as a matter of fact that we are given away. So it's not just tickets to.
Speaker 2: Not just some idiot stupid ass thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not with the real DELA people. This is what the package consists of. On field access, meet and greet with the players. You're gonna get official game merch and live card breaks from cardvol card Lite card Breaks by Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: All of that thing in the world is to watch a famous person open a baseball pack of cards.
Speaker 5: Well, you know Tim Kates. I mean he's you can't you can't claim that that's Tim Kate's claim.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't claim I can claim whatever flag on it, Like that's his.
Speaker 1: Watchbody, I got eyes. Why can't I watch him break backs? No, I'm the guy who watches somebody on virtue.
Speaker 5: So that is what we're giving away. Not just tickets to the event, but all of those things on field and game merch. That's not all.
Speaker 2: What else do we have.
Speaker 5: Kidding me?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not kidding you. I asked for real.
Speaker 5: We're your home of the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers in the Freeway Series has arrived. Sunday, first pitch, six pm. Good Vibes, Better, d DJs, Delicious, Entree, Warm, Gooey Puzoki for just thirteen bucks, caller three one hundred dollars DJs Restaurant and brew House gift cards so you can enjoy the Freeway Series with some great food and drinks. Eight six six nine, eight seven, two, five seventy will be the number. Do it now, Doug, Let's wait at least a segment. Maybe we'll wait one segment, maybe too. We'll do it early.
Speaker 2: Though, starting get everybody all riled up. Backtimes. People don't make it plast four play.
Speaker 5: Hey, just pretend like you don't want to do it. I didn't want to do this after all, so we'll give that away at some point in the UH. I'm sorry, I can't do this.
Speaker 2: I've released myself.
Speaker 5: No you no, I didn't. I just don't think I should do it in my pants. So we will give that away in the first two hours maybe or maybe even the first hour for the early people one hundred dollars gift card. We gave away tickets to our suite for the Freeway series yesterday when we were at the BJSON Montabella. What an afternoon we.
Speaker 1: Had, Matt. It was a great time. We had a wonderful time. The people of Montabello really showed out for the Pedrosen money show. The mayor was there and we talked to her, Georgina Tomayo, with the city manager and my cousin John Papadakis, and Darryl the city historian, yl Laura the listener, and many others.
Speaker 5: Oh Raoul the city manager.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a lot of very.
Speaker 1: Nice people that came out to see us, and it was maybe the most welcome we felt at a BJS, and so we always feel welcome always, but this felt very, very, very genuine, and we appreciate that. It must have been something you said, I just died in your arms tonight. It's a Frogman Friday. As you know, every time I slip into the ocean, it's like going home on a frog Man Friday.
Speaker 2: The Petrison Money Show.
Speaker 1: Always comes back, I mean you come back, yes to the sea.
Speaker 2: I mean you come back, always, back to the Pacific Ocean. I am the Frogman to celebrate.
Speaker 1: The greatness of the ocean and those that protect us.
Speaker 2: From its fury.
Speaker 1: The Coast Guard, Lifeguard, our police, the beach cops on the PC clapped us, maybe harbor Patrol. We love them all, and we also pay special homage to our dear friend who we'd never met, Lloyd Bridges, who played the great Mike Nelson in the wonderful show Sea Hunt.
Speaker 6: That's where you found the Maganese, I think, sure, But tell them in the sharks here.
Speaker 7: Oh I, I can always tell when I'm getting a little too curious.
Speaker 5: You have been in the water with the sharks before.
Speaker 1: Oh. I like the times so far.
Speaker 2: Those guys I don't like in Mine. I don't like it.
Speaker 8: Mine.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 9: Mine.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it Mine, I.
Speaker 1: Don't like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: I likes Mine.
Speaker 1: I don't like in my Dodger season, start soon on the Magane.
Speaker 2: What are you nuts? We still got to take that Florida man. You know what that's like these days.
Speaker 7: You got the Navy everywhere, you got frogmen, you got the EC twos with the satellite tracking, you got the spell two nine of salt choppers up the ass.
Speaker 2: We're losing one out of every nine loves. That's no duff walk anymore. Let me tell you forget about money. What do you suggest that's reasonable?
Speaker 1: A couple of games left in Arizona, the Freeway Series coming home been opening days on Thursday?
Speaker 2: Did it roll?
Speaker 10: No you?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, oh yeah, no you know?
Speaker 9: No you know?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, you know, you know?
Speaker 11: Yeah no you no you oh yeah? Oh o oh yeah no no you know, yeah no, no, you know yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah waenose when else when Genosteer? Oh yeah you know yeah oh yeah no, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And a big thank you to all of our Mexican American friend fin yes and the whites and everybody else, well mostly Latinos. They came out to see us in beautiful Monapello. Yes, at the BJ's restaurant in brew House. It was a hell of a time. Raoul the manager, Georgina, the city, the city's representative as the mayor, just.
Speaker 2: An overall great time.
Speaker 1: I don't know when the next announcement for a BJ's restaurant in brew House Show is going to be.
Speaker 5: I would guess pretty soon we're gonna be back out there in relatively short or not not in Monabello or unfortunately nowhere we're going Yeah we are. We are going back to an old stopping girus your goal.
Speaker 2: But I'm not that geeked about it.
Speaker 5: Kates any Yeah, I'll be honest. Yeah, you know what, I'll just hold my tongue here, and I think it's just scar tissue that.
Speaker 2: I wish you saw sarcasm, mister know it all.
Speaker 5: I think there's when do you think we'll make that announcement because it's not like it's that far away. No, it's not that far away. It's what a month away? Maybe?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh is that it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's but it is a month. It is coming up on May fifteen, right, and I don't.
Speaker 5: Want to May fifteenth, my misses.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be promoting something.
Speaker 5: No, okay, And besides two months we still have an opportunity to maybe have a discussion about it.
Speaker 1: Well that's I mean, I'm not one to try to do that, but I know people that would try to. That's right, yeah, gay, So just it's a lot of people who are I felt like to schedule change.
Speaker 5: You know, I think I think there could after the success that we experienced yesterday, I don't think there's anything wrong with saying, hey, you know you said the Monobelo location was maybe too small and maybe this isn't the rights in a mall. It went swimmingly, you know, why not try something and if it doesn't work, scratch it off.
Speaker 2: Could not have gone better, let's.
Speaker 5: Struck, Yeah, because that is now going to be firmly in the rotation. I think moving forward.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't trust I can't trust the rhyme or reasons of the Bej's picking crew, because everybody's screaming and yelling for their own thing, and it always seems to be the practical thing slips through the cracks, Matt and is eaten by the ducks. Well, perhaps it's no duck walk anymore. Just to be told, you know, we like to go to Torrance, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: Stuff like that, and they throw us a bone twice in a decade to go to Torrents. But perhaps in lieu of an appearance fee, which has evaded us for a decade.
Speaker 1: I'm very unhappy about. I've noticed that Dave, we showed up before, you know, after the show started, you know, so he knew that everybody would be occupied and he wouldn't be held accountable.
Speaker 5: Perhaps, at the very least they can give us venues that we request.
Speaker 1: No, no, you're allowed to have anything.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you.
Speaker 5: Why we do not get paid for this. Perhaps we could at least say, can we go to Mantipelo once? Can we?
Speaker 2: It's the people that make me come back.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's twenty five locations in southern California for BJ's rushing, and.
Speaker 2: We only go to three, over and over and over.
Speaker 5: You guys showed yesterday that you can expand beyond that.
Speaker 1: I feel like we did right. But look, it's like Jonas knocks on the air. He had to prove himself a thousand times before Don Martin let him on. I need you to get your ten thousand hours, Jonas, I need you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got my ten thousand. Did I say ten thousand? I'm in twenty.
Speaker 5: I mean, how am I supposed to get ten thousand hours without being hired?
Speaker 2: Just make it up? How am I supposed to get ten thousand hours before I die. Shut up.
Speaker 1: There's a BJYS in Valencia that we have not gone to as a show. There's a DJYS literally down the street, like just a week back away. We've been there and it sucks.
Speaker 5: Valencia won. No, the one in Burbank, the one in Burbank.
Speaker 1: No, there's one down the street a block away from the RAMS facility out in Canoga Park, wooland Hill, and he had a glove could go out and do a show from out there during the summer.
Speaker 5: Mane, how about going the other way? What's in La Where are Montabello like locations? That's what we're talking about. Down in Puente Hills, Rolling Heights. I got told there was one in Puente Hills. That's pretty good. Not what I heard. La Masa. It can come south to La Masa.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: It was a great success and I feel like it gives us leverage against the evil people that control us here at the station. One of the great successes yesterday that I was shocked at. Uh, maybe you wouldn't call it a success, but whenever you get like a real show of emotion from a group of people and they're all on the same page, and especially if they're Latinos, you feel like you've struck a nerve. And I guess we struck a nerve yesterday when we played the new San Francisco Giants. Hegante's City connect very very precise target at the Latino, your Latino market from our friends in the Bay Area. They have a new uniform, it says Hegantes, and there's like an Azteca type of vibe. It looks Greek to me, but an Astaca type of vibe that they're trying to push. And here is the video they put out with the Aztec vibe and their new slogan, which is a play on words and a hope for Latino understanding. Puto bay as in Bay because they're in the Bay. Puto Bayball. Puto bay Ball.
Speaker 13: It's not just how we watch the game and that searchs your only game is played with identity.
Speaker 14: Flo Flo. It's how we live.
Speaker 9: It, it's how we love it, how we refuse.
Speaker 15: To leave any any any dream half played.
Speaker 14: In the Bay. Baseball's more than just a sport.
Speaker 13: Let's look a lot of sound shot, every clap, every chance, every amos he gone this yeah, pootle bay Ball is showing up loud every night like it's game set.
Speaker 9: From San Francisco to San Jose to the East Bay. Our stories to turn every home game.
Speaker 14: Into something bigger.
Speaker 9: That's why this jersey carries one word. He got ollyball estos.
Speaker 10: Yeah this is.
Speaker 14: This is he this, Yeah, this is poodle Babel.
Speaker 1: And I could not believe even though it was a poodle Latino, your Latino audience that we had in Montabello, just the overall violent anger toward Poodle Mabo.
Speaker 5: It's more toward the giants, right, Well, I don't know, Matt.
Speaker 1: They didn't seem to like the poodle Bayball viol and you tell me, I guess you know, I mean every time.
Speaker 2: That's what he said, man, poole mabe.
Speaker 14: Mabot may not just how we watched the game. That's where the game is played with identity.
Speaker 2: So more flavor. Now do you think do you think with flow? Do you think that they are doing.
Speaker 1: This because the Dodgers have a monopoly on the Latino market and they're trying to dig out their own Latino Giants identity with the heat Dante's jersey trying to trying to scoop out some of the Dodgers Latinos, samor and and and sprinkle it on their own product.
Speaker 2: I don't like that, Matt.
Speaker 10: I don't like it.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: I think it's probably a combination of things, right, I think it is. Yes, the Dodgers and Yankees have a considerably larger audience and fan base than any other team in the league. San Francisco.
Speaker 2: I think he's putting out a.
Speaker 1: Video you can see our new Jersey, our new city connected, says j A.
Speaker 5: Y Why k e E why? I mean we don't see the Yanks. No, you're right trying to do that, Matt, You're right. I do think that that it's probably not a coincidence that the World Baseball Classic happened this year in Venezuelans and Dominican republics Andcans all these venue pack these venues, and they're like, well, wait a minute, if they're going to go out for that, you know, and and the Marlins don't don't field but twelve thousand fans per game, let's see if we can tap into it and deliver a product that they that they like.
Speaker 1: So what they're going for, the audience they're going for is like somebody who may or may not want to bring a trombone to a game, right, Pootle Bay mall on you.
Speaker 5: We're gonna let you bring that rectangle thing that spins around a handle.
Speaker 1: It's a noisemaker pot Babel, a Mexican noisemaker. Okay, So I don't understand why the Giants, I mean, are they that desperado to do that?
Speaker 5: Yes, I think they are about it. He's been up to Oracle Park the last couple of years, and I wonder for attendance is down. It seems like they do pretty well up there. It's one of the most beautiful ballparks you know, in all of me your league baseball?
Speaker 2: What's more embarrassing Pootle Babel, Pootle bayball or Philly going down to yellow Man Brown.
Speaker 14: That's what's in.
Speaker 2: Padres.
Speaker 16: All the loose, Let's go goose, that's what's in. Bryce's gonna lose Man, He's gonna cruise. That's what's in now.
Speaker 5: That's the most.
Speaker 2: Philly no slack and sending them back, that's what's in.
Speaker 6: So back Philly back back, Philly back, back, Philly back back Philly back.
Speaker 5: I don't know what, uh, I don't know what the venue holds but the Dodgers. Obviously, Dodger Stadium is massive. They averaged forty nine point five thousand fans per game last year. The Padres were second at forty two point four. The Giants were down in seventh place at thirty six thousand per game. Still baseball, Yeah, over a million less than the Dodgers packed into their house. Giants haven't drawn over three million since pre COVID. There you go, yeah, two point nine two five million less.
Speaker 1: So they had to put out a telegraph to the Mexican American pot O Baybell, Phoot Babel, put O Baba joining us snacks A guy who's pah whist body con flow David Masse.
Speaker 2: Next, this is Petro Send.
Speaker 5: Money on demand, Demand demand man, going until five point thirty and we will pass it off to Dodgers on Deck and Dodgers Baseball against the Padres. Our final Spring Training broadcast. Keep listening. Between now and the end of the show, We're gonna give away a one hundred dollars BJ's Restaurant and brew House gift card. You can enjoy the Freeway Series with some great foods, some great drinks thanks to the one hundred bucks from BJ's restaurant and brew house. Right now, they're doing the delicious entree warm gouy Pazuki for just thirteen dollars deal, So we'll give that away between now and the end of the show.
Speaker 1: And it's time for David Vese Live from Spring Training, the Home of the Dodgers Day.
Speaker 2: With an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the vass Report with David Vasset David Messe.
Speaker 1: It's wrapping up in the next couple days at Camelback Ranch.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers will head home.
Speaker 1: Dave will be here and the Freeway Series and then Opening Day is on the We're all very excited about it, and we're excited to have Dave on. Dave is Tonight's lineup for this game gonna be what we're looking at for the for the opening night.
Speaker 4: Night, very similar to what we could see next Thursday against Zach Gallen and the Diamondbacks. Gallen is a right handed pitcher, but I don't see this changing much. We already know that Dave Roberts has laid out the first four, but it's interesting to see who bats after the big four. You got Will Smith hitting fifth, ta Oscar Hernandez hitting sixth, Max Munsey hitting seventh, Andy pa Has hitting eighth, and Miguel Rojas at second base tonight hitting ninth. Now, that could change as far as Hey Sung Kim maybe next Thursday, as far as the second baseman, but I feel like Miguel Rojas is going to be trotted out there on opening Day to be able to get the celebration of being a World Series hero. So I don't know how many teams can say they have five through nine hitters that resemble what the Dodgers will have starting the season next next Thursday.
Speaker 5: If there's one name to circle there, David, it feels like it would be pa Has, Right, just for the offensive struggles that he had in the postseason, he did make you know, the play of the World Series defensively, But how much of a microscope is he under? How much you know, is there pressure on him to deliver offensively early considering how it ended last year?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you this, he had a great spring training. He hit three sixty six coming into tonight ops of nine thirty three, and he actually put in the work in the Dodgers facility at spring training. You know you've heard about this quote traject machine where they can have a pitcher on the mound and it fires off the pitches that that pitcher has in their arsenal. And Pa has spent a lot of time in there before spring training started, during spring training and really just learned a lot more plate discipline. So that's the one area that got him during the postseason because he only took one walk during the postseason, entire postseason last year, and we all know that he cost a lot of people money and players were giving him a hard time that he swung at an Emmanuel Class a pitch that was intended to be a ball way outside that he swung at, and Classe lost a lot of money on that pitch because Piz couldn't control himself. So that's the one, uh, that's the one area that he certainly has worked on to try to draw more walks and have better plate discipline.
Speaker 5: And then what about Kim You mentioned it, You know, it would make sense to have Miguel Rojas out there being celebrated as the World Series hero that he was. But after that is like, what do you think the vision is for Kim? Is it platoon? Is it defensive replacement? Would they like him to become their everyday second basement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, while Tommy edmunds out with that right ankle surgery, still coming back from it. I kind of feel like the way Andrew Freeman laid it out to me a month ago is that they have Miguel Rojas. Santiago Espinal is going to get a lot of time at third base when the opportunity presents itself to give Max Muncy a day off against a tough lefty. So what they're looking for at second base is a right left platoon, and they're looking for Rojas and Kim to be that right left platoon until Tommy Edmond returns, and maybe even in certain situations they move Kim to center field and he gets a start out there as well. But yeah, that's what they're looking for. They're looking for a left right platoon until Edmund returns. And look, Miguel Rojas, we all know that this is his final major league season, and there's a reason why. I mean, he's thirty seven years old. You can't run that guy into the ground in April and May. So you're gonna see a lot of Kim, a lot of espinall when the time calls for it.
Speaker 2: Dave how much.
Speaker 1: I guess trying In and Sasaki are the big question marks as far as how much rope they're going to get to develop and to get it together this season.
Speaker 2: What's the vibe you get going into the year.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts was asked about both those guys a couple of days ago. Number one, he said that Blake Trinin doesn't look like he's pitching with a lot of confidence or conviction. So he's thirty seven years old, and maybe he doesn't have a lot of conviction and confidence because his fastball is only ninety three miles an hour, so I think those go hand in hand. And his famous sweeper does not look very good either, so hopefully that changes, and I kind of feel like he'll get the benefit of the doubt for the first two months at least. And as far as Sasaki goes, you know, was Dave Roberts was, as, point blank is Sasaki one year thirteen best pitchers? And he never answered it. He just said he's going to be in the starting rotation. And I feel like Sasaki has until Blake Snell returns to kind of prove sink or swim whether or not he remains in the rotation, or he gets sent down, or maybe maybe his role is as a right handed reliever. I believe he has until Snell returns to determine that for himself.
Speaker 1: You'll hear from David Vase at five point thirty before the Dodgers tonight, we have that game, they'll play again tomorrow we will not have that game, and then they're coming home and breaking camp at Camelback Ranch. I guess the story of this year's Spring is the World Baseball Classic for everybody. I mean, that was the most paid attention to things, the most talked about thing. Now that it's all over, Dave and a lot of the stuff he's said rang true in the end. What were your overall impressions? No, I mean the ratings don't lie right. A lot of people watched it. I think there wasn't many great sports on television during these ten days, and you know, some games were more attractive than others saying, look, I take it for what it's worth, but it's a quirky tournament for a lot of different reasons. But it was an entertaining tournament. And I just think the biggest loser in all this is Aaron Judge and Mark de Rosa. I mean, Judge is in a can't win situation. If he performed well, that's what he was supposed to do. He performed poorly, and the tag of him not being a big stage performer follows him now. And as far as Mark de Rosa goes, does he ever get even a sniff to manage a major league team after the way things went down in this tournament? For him, I feel like Dave Roberts, who has openly campaigned to manage the Olympic team, I don't think he has any competition in that category.
Speaker 5: No, And do you think Dave just kind of like thinking about the way Venezuela played their starters and their relievers, and like the manager was like, I don't give a rip what the baseball clubs want. You know, we're trying to win this thing and my guys are pitching back to back to back days. Any is that just impossible for Team USA to do, you know, because the other teams did it. They did not care what the Major League Baseball club wanted.
Speaker 4: They did to a certain extent because Daniel Poalencia, who closed out the win for Venezuela, the Cubs closer Venezuela had to reassure the Cubs that they would only bring in Poalencia in that type of situation. And that's the reason why Mark de Rosa couldn't deploy Mason Miller in a tie game in the ninth inning, because he told the Padres will only use them if we have a lead or a save situation. So he was handcuffed in that respect. But in that final game, how do you have a guy that hit sixty home runs last year not get a single at bat as a pinch hitter. Instead you give it to Gunner Henderson. I mean, that was just one of many mistakes Mark de Rosa made.
Speaker 1: Did you hear the poodle bay Ball? The the new San Francisco Giants Latino? I saw the jerseys. I saw the jerseys.
Speaker 2: Well, you should listen to the commercial. You want to hear it, Sure, let's hear it.
Speaker 13: Poodle Bayball. It's not just how we watched the game that Sergio Romo James playing with identity.
Speaker 14: It's how we live it. It's how we love it, how we refused to.
Speaker 15: Leave any inn, any dream half played.
Speaker 14: In the bay. Baseball's more than just a sport.
Speaker 13: Let's look a last sound shot, every clap, every chance, every famos, he got this pot. Bay Ball is showing up loud every night game set from San Francisco, East Bay Power stories turn every home game into something bigger.
Speaker 14: That's why this jersey carries one word.
Speaker 10: You like that.
Speaker 9: I like it.
Speaker 4: The Giants do a great job of in stadium entertainment production.
Speaker 2: And I believe that right there will be the highlight of their season.
Speaker 14: Ball.
Speaker 4: See look, they're like, hey, pottle baseball a key crappy, giant crappy.
Speaker 2: He got this.
Speaker 14: Corrections and retraction.
Speaker 4: It's Bay like the bay O bab Bayball. Enjoy this over here while we stink up the joint over here. Hey, Tony Vittello, Tennessee college baseball coach, Now I'm manager.
Speaker 9: Hey over here.
Speaker 2: I don't know what was the worse hire that?
Speaker 4: Or Paul D.
Speaker 2: Podesta for the Rockies.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's a tie. When's ned getting get a job off the Italian stock?
Speaker 4: I mean, how does the Podesta get a job and Colletti doesn't Harvard degree. He torpedoed the Browns and the Dodgers, so now he's there to take the Rockies deeper into the abyss.
Speaker 2: I went to Southern Illinois, and I'm proud.
Speaker 5: The School of odd Knots is what I went to.
Speaker 4: Hey, this left a really good taste in my mouth going into the weekend.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I have a great show. Dave five thirty, Dad, get started. Put a bay ball, he'll be gargling snail's ball.
Speaker 10: Hey, no.
Speaker 1: Lessons learning great sports not coming up next. Don't miss Tim Kains tonight on Spectrum Sports and at LA.
Speaker 5: Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: On demand. You know who loves put a bayball?
Speaker 13: Matt.
Speaker 1: It's freaking colling. He just came in here, put a bayballing it up. It's cracking everybody.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 5: Don't pay attention to our college baseball coach. Pay attention to our new jerseys.
Speaker 2: You watch.
Speaker 1: That's gonna work, by the way, but Tello is going to be a rock star up there. The Giants are going to get a wild card spot. And the new trend is to hire college coaches. You watch take Away to Savage, They're all gonna get hired.
Speaker 5: Or or what if they attribute it to and now everybody's doing well.
Speaker 1: Both things could be true at the same time, Matt Ball, we will uh, we will revisit Puttle Bay Mall in a moment by We do have a BJA giveaway, Matt, we do.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: One hundred dollars gift card is what we are giving away the Freeway Series first pitch six pm in Anaheim. That is Dodger's Angels. So why not watch it from the comfort of your own home or at the BJS. Check out your local BJS. They have got the delicious entree and a warm, gooey Puzooki deal going right now for thirteen bucks. And we have got a one hundred dollars BJ's Restaurant a brew House gift card for caller number three, So get in there quick, caller number three, enjoy the Freeway Series with some great food and drinks. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy Caller three right now. And we've shifted from the plastic cards that Kent would roll in with like gold, the balloons that he would pass to us and we would then pass to folks that were there to see us. Now it's all digital's digital, but it's still real. You win it, you could have it ready to go. It's no problem at all.
Speaker 2: The board ape this thing.
Speaker 5: No, this thing's gonna go hold its value, hold its value. Who could have seen that coming from the board? Eight people, eight seventy callers three right now. Thanks to our friends at BJ's to miss January, to all the great people that helped us out that work at the BJ's Monapela, and especially all the people that came out to see us in Montabelo yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's Fridays DMK, Twitter Mount you own pitcher.
Speaker 16: I guess he delivered a really sick Burns with no concerns.
Speaker 2: Since Hola han Day less than one?
Speaker 1: Uh, all on Alexion, No babel Babe, my new Favorito baseball team is he gun day?
Speaker 5: Let's see on all right?
Speaker 1: Lesson one is Mick Cronin who joined us now he's gonna play in about an hour. He joined us, and he talked about the delicate balance, that perfect mix between having the young people enjoy March madness and getting down to business and winning basketball game.
Speaker 10: A great question.
Speaker 8: I think it's it's time to embrace, uh, embrace the big dance and everything that goes with it and and have the guys enjoy it, you know, I didn't get pepper too much today about your traveling again because you know, my answer is, well, we're used to it.
Speaker 15: So that's okay.
Speaker 10: Uh, you know we're we embrace it. We're used to it.
Speaker 8: Uh that part of it. I think that, Uh, you got a great point. They're young, and uh, I don't care if they play in the NBA or not. This is uh these are these are where you make the memories, right, these are these are the best time of your life your NCAA tournament runs.
Speaker 10: And I think that taking a couple of.
Speaker 8: Days off not playing Friday's big for us. We did recovery today Monday, and get them. I tell them get out of here. Uh go take your finals or study outside. Uh some of you guys might actually be able to get a date.
Speaker 2: Date lesson to do.
Speaker 5: That's in Aday, all right.
Speaker 1: James Worthy joined us, and he talked about the Lakers now having a fourth option.
Speaker 10: You got you know, three guys that are that can ball. Just go out and just go out and ball with him, you know, and I think, you know, if he does that, I do think that they're starting to include him early. I think some guys you have to like initiate and get them the ball, whether that's a lob or something off a pick and roll. His defense I thought was amazing. Then once he gets some few touches, they're active, they get involved. I think Marcus Smart started this about a month ago. He intentionally. I remember one game throwing eight in the ball to get him involved. So uh lately, I like his effort. I like his efficiency got nice, you know, And when you get him the ball in the paint, he's very efficient with the little floaters and sometimes he gets a dunk and can hit the eight footer, but it collapses the defense a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does. DeAndre Aden lesson three, No, not yet.
Speaker 1: Lesson three is Tracy McGrady. Matt asked him about the NBA expanding No, no.
Speaker 10: I don't like it. I mean I do like us.
Speaker 12: I do like the team going to Seattle though, you know that was one of my favorite cities to play in. But thirty two teams. Again, I just don't think we have the talent to be trying to, you know, go to thirty two teams. I don't you look at and I hate to talk about these teams, but they're not good. So he's look at Memphis they're not a good team. And I know these some of these teams are taking to try to build up their team, but they just it's not about taking to get you know, certain talent. I don't think that talent is out there. I just don't see it. I don't see the level that I don't see the abundance of talent to where you think you could go and start two new teams and you know it looks like it's going to be a a competitive.
Speaker 5: League because it won't.
Speaker 2: And finally, lesson for.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, they let's see on air Quatro.
Speaker 13: It's not just how we watch the game. That's where the game is played with identity. It's how we live it. It's how we love it, how we refuse.
Speaker 15: To leave any any any dream half play.
Speaker 14: Baseball is more than just the sport. Let's look a lot of.
Speaker 13: Estro soundtrack, every chance, every almost he got this Pootle Bay ball is showing up loud every night like it's game set from San.
Speaker 14: Francisco to the East Bay.
Speaker 9: Our stories to turn every home game into something bigger. That's why this jersey carries one word.
Speaker 2: He got it here. Yeah he got this dog.
Speaker 1: George to me he sounds a lot like the save our Bolts guy, and that's me. That's what I think I did a song save our Bolts on the Real Dog George. We'll be back with your word number song of the day.
Speaker 5: Cone Flow.
Speaker 1: The show will flow. We'll talk about how great the Lakers are going with Alan Sliewak from a hoops talk on YouTube and right here on M five seventy. More to come in great sports talk on this Poodle Bayball Friday Dodge Your's Padres Tonight five point thirty pregame Show Night