Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: You are one of the kind hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts not Money Smith.
Speaker 2: The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your World champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: I Don't crack.
Speaker 3: He's the under pressure puss.
Speaker 2: Puss puss every damn night on the telephone foodball for shame.
Speaker 3: Can't do it selling ow oh, smile, smile, Okay, Warriors.
Speaker 2: Big get this week's of you.
Speaker 3: Right over there, there's some people smoking weed. Come on. Everybody has mean little places inside of them.
Speaker 4: Tagnyus, Petros and Money AM five seventy LA Sports, your home of the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Remember in the Greater LA area. You can listen to the Dodgers on your smart device. All you need is the iHeartRadio app pop that AM five to seventy LA Sports tile and you can listen and high definition. You can also listen to the Petrosen Money Show podcast there if you want to do it on demand, or of course you can stream the show live. And again it is all free. Dodger Games free, Petrosen Money Show free. Everybody got their hand out asking you for cash, not us.
Speaker 3: It's all free now if you want to give some of your money to our partners, aren't that's right? Shows No, I mean that's up to you.
Speaker 4: Dodger Deck at six first pitch from the gallpin Ford Broadcast Center seven ten pm. Feel free to spend your money accordingly, however you please.
Speaker 3: Also Modelo Beach a lot of Monday and the petros Money showing up. Everybody knows there's a lot of real mood if it's not made with Modello, which is indeed a reward for those with the fighting spirit Modello, as we all know, there's the mark of a fighter. And if you want to fight, fight me, fight me in a race to celebrate the greatness of Modello. Sure, Modelo Nagana wasn't available in nineteen forty when vic was there and Mexico drinking out of a can. It's a can that you had to open with a rock, but we all appreciate Modello for its greatness at Modello USA hashtag Modello USA, Please drink responsibly. Also sponsored is the Final Hour Fun Facts.
Speaker 2: In effect, it's yeah, We're three fun.
Speaker 4: Fun fact indeedp the Final our Fun Fact. It is sponsored by our friends over at Concordia University, Irvine. Visit CUI dot edu slash coaching to sign up right now. The summer term begins on May eighteenth. Then every new student gets one thousand dollars off. It is a fact over five thousand coaches and administrators have graduated from their master's program. Again all the details at CUY dot edu slash Coaching. Even though the first photos were taken in the eighteen twenties, smiling, we've talked about photos today, the head coaching photo for the NFL today, smiling for the camera to not become a norm until the nineteen thirties, over one hundred years later. Even Mark Twain once wrote quote, a photograph is a most important document, and there is nothing more damning to go down to posterity than a silly, foolish smile, caught and fixed forever. They said it was Bonnie and Clyde and a couple of murders photos. Yes, in the nineteen thirties when they were all smitting with each other and smiling, that were credited with making smiling for the camera thing.
Speaker 3: Everything before Bonnie and Clyde looks like a mugshot right now.
Speaker 4: Those two were riddled with bullets.
Speaker 3: That had murdered, murdered by the cops, and a hail of bullets. Yes, but they would call it chuky photos. They would call it justice. But cheek to cheek here in this photo. All right, it is time for quick hits, Yeah.
Speaker 2: DMS, quick hits. I'll make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rookie Susaki pitches tonight. That is a point of concern, a point of parliamentary procedure for all Dodger fans to watch and see how he does.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're right, pete. People might say parliamentary procedure does not pertain to this particular conversation. But you can't procedurally remove him from the game in the first inting and then reinsert him.
Speaker 3: It's totally different, and he's gonna expect it. He's gonna look over, so you guys gonna come give me or what? And then when they take him out, He's gonna like start stretching to go back in, and they're gonna be like, no, you're.
Speaker 4: Done, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: The hell? He gets the start. Here's Brandon Gomes with US old Towny Gomes on Thursday from the field at Dodger Stadium talking about Sasaki, he struggles this spring and what he expects to see, what we all should expect to see tonight.
Speaker 5: I think a lot with broken I've said this a few times. I think, look, this guy is incredibly talented.
Speaker 4: He's he's got.
Speaker 5: An amazing track record in the MPB. He pitched huge games for us last year. I'm not sure we win the World Series without what he did out of the pen, being selfless and saying, hey, whatever the team needs, I'm down for. So we know that he can do it on the biggest stage of stuff plays, and now it's like, hey, early in the season, he didn't have his best stuff. He was battling you know, injury type things, and now his stuff is back, which is great. So it's like going back into compete mode, you know, really flooding the zone with his pitches and knowing that his stuff plays. So I think, you know, there's a lot of you know, spring training overreaction one way or the other, and it's like, Okay, the slate is clean for everybody right now. And this is a guy who's really talented that we believe in. So he's just gonna go out there and attack.
Speaker 3: What about the Sarah Fiedes though they well off to a bad start, not a bad start, a little too too. I mean, if you swept out in the in the what do you call it, the mouth of the devil, Yes, feels like you're in a mouth the Devil's were in Houston.
Speaker 4: Now, they say play five hundred on the road, win your home series, and that's a path to a playoff berth. So the Angels two and two split in four in Houston on that path. They are at Wrigley Field as we speak, uh taking on the Cubs. We asked Gooby remember about Mike trout and he said he thought he was in line to have his best season in a while. He's playing. Try to hear he is off to a great start and there have been trouted here two home runs for Trouty double up going into today. There isn't a clever fish saying with his seven walks.
Speaker 3: But plate discipline, well, you could do fishheads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads, fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yup. I waited at the plate for four balls, then I trotted to first. Yea, he is trotting here.
Speaker 4: Oh man, someone's gonna steal that Kate's trout not taking the bait, get the free.
Speaker 3: Pat who said Kate's is in a bad mood because all the media got their rings today.
Speaker 4: Lakers are and Anthony Anderson I just.
Speaker 3: Happened to show up today. I don't Oh it's ring. What a coincidence. The Lakers are forty eight at twenty six.
Speaker 4: I like to think he earned it.
Speaker 3: Their seats in the West. This a toaster oven on my hand, or it's the new ring for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Oh new ring? Oh good, good to see you got one. Good at Matt certainly earned that.
Speaker 3: Let's fire up the toaster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 3: Hey, the Lakers are three in the West. They're home tonight versus the Wiz. But Lucas out, Oh no, he got too many texts.
Speaker 4: Oh he's flapping his gums.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody backhanded him and he got mad and they tacked him up. But you know, he goes around, comes around.
Speaker 4: He mimicked the ref with like, ooh, it's one way to get banged with a tech. Hey, you're gonna you gonna yell at me? Will watch this?
Speaker 3: The sponge custun the SpongeBob chicken stance. Right, the Slippers are thirty nine and thirty six. Matt, they're three games over five. They can't lose. They are holding on to the eighth seed. Im Don McLain, it doesn't matter. Seven games, still still in the middle and nothing's gonna happen. Please well, please, Matt, please.
Speaker 4: Don I think I think the team's playing inspired basketball with young players.
Speaker 3: That's not where you want to be.
Speaker 4: Well, Benny, Darius, you know, come over in those midseason trades. They're playing, you know, playing high level, playoff winning basketball. Matthern last year helped guide the Pacers to the NBA Finals. The Darius Garland the Cleveland Cavaliers are the best ride done. I think it's well, they're home tomorrow to the Blazers. Lose. I mean Webby is gonna be here on next day. That's kind of setting.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh no, the final four is set. Yeah, Yukon Illinois on his own Michigan Saturday in Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: I need to go back there.
Speaker 3: You should. You've been told, and you won't go. At least you won't stay. The women's final four has UCLA advancing to play the winner of Tejas versus Michigan. Way to go Ucla. But they're gonna run into Yukon. And you heard what the Syracuse coach said. Nobody has a chance. You're going into the meet. You're going into the meat grinder. Are you gonna die? Core?
Speaker 4: Close track them.
Speaker 3: Now, write your birthday and your name and address and pin it to your shirt, because they're gonna pick up your body on the court. The Kings and Ducks have only three weeks left of the season. Thanks for talking Puck Matt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're playoff bound, at least the Ducks are. They are the four seed in the West. The Kings were streaking and now they have made an abrupt u turn. They have lost six of their last eight. They're a point back of the Preds for the eighth and final playoff spot in the West, so it will come down to the wire. Can they rediscover some of that early March magic late February magic that put them into playoff position that they have currently slipped out and some NFL talk. Sean McVeigh, with the league meetings happening out in Arizona, met with the media. He acknowledged that, in fact, they did explore the possibility of trading wide receiver Devantae Adams, who they just signed last year in free agency, is just a two year deal, decided that what they were getting in return was not what was best for the team. Quote, if we felt like it was best, we would have done it. But we didn't think it was best, so we didn't. He also said the Rams are looking for a veteran QB to back up Matthew Stafford. Currently, Stetson Bennett is the only other quarterback under contract. Jimmy Garoppolo could come back, he is a free agent. Though he did mention Kirk Cousins and then he was also a asked again about pookin it.
Speaker 6: We have the conversations that you know, there's no question Gary that, and.
Speaker 3: You know from being around us, Gary cle conversations and who would be.
Speaker 7: The first to tell you that he and I have a person of relationship.
Speaker 6: We communicate claar open and honestly, the play on the field is amazing. And then with what the play has dictated in return, and there's a responsibility and so as a representing and it's not exclusive to just that. He knows that those are the expectations, and you know, we're hopeful that that'll be something that this would be an opportunity for him to learn and grow, and we are hopeful that he's a ram for a really long time. But he understands what the responsibility is not exclusive to just the productions.
Speaker 3: And then him and Gary Klein claimed glasses and he said a little Rose, thank you. Coach McVeigh.
Speaker 4: I would say translation, is uh, yeah, terrified to give this guy forty million bucks a year if this is what he's doing on seven hundred k a year.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't hear him say the word terrified.
Speaker 2: Little Rose.
Speaker 3: Doesn't sound like a guy's terrified at all.
Speaker 4: I'm worried about a thing.
Speaker 3: And it sounds like a shirtless, little swell daddy up in the hills of Westlake having a time of his life, Little Rose. Interesting situation unfolding on Woodland Hills. All right, Matt, what else is there another NFL CBA?
Speaker 4: Remember we had this? I don't know how long ago. It was maybe like four years ago when the contract with the NFL referees union expired and they had replacement refs. The famous fail Mary in Seattle was the play that broke the NFL's back, and they had to bring back the regular reps with the rays they were asking for all a long same deal. Owners are trying not to be unprepared and readying for replacement officials they were not ready to last time. The NFL plans to deploy newly hired officials during training camp to make sure they're ready for the twenty twenty sixth season in case they cannot come to an agreement with the current referee I guess the current slate of referees and their union.
Speaker 3: Well, that happened so long ago that I can't remember. But here is something that happened about four or five years ago that I do remember.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's there's summer speculation about what happened. My my speculation is, you know, he still is not fully recovered from his back surgery. He hasn't played much golf at all in his last probably what few months because of the back surgery. It's possible, I don't know, you know, I'm not there, obviously, I'm not pretty.
Speaker 3: Kind of speculation we're talking about here, Well, possibly he was.
Speaker 7: He had a spasms, back spasms, maybe reaching for a painkiller, and it caused, you know.
Speaker 6: A.
Speaker 7: Deflection of his clarity and his concentration. You know, he taks a moment. Yeah, especially such a dangerous road to go off the road. He might have just been reaching for a painkiller or reaching for some relief.
Speaker 4: Yes, we don't know the details of the crash.
Speaker 3: Big it should have been a technical she saw. I got right out of the court. We'll be back. We'll have a flip top story of the day. I'm taking I'm taking you to a place you always want to go this time of year. Next, thank you for listening. Campetros some Money on AMPI seventy LA Sports Dodgers coming up at six.
Speaker 1: This is Petros and Money on demand, Demand Demand.
Speaker 4: Demand Petros in Money AM five to seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. World Series Champion. Dodger Baseball is back after an odd off day yesterday. Dodgers Guardians First Pitch from the gaalpin Ford Broadcast Center seven to ten pm. Roki Sasaki making his twenty twenty six debut, Tim Kates, we'll have Dodgers on deck coming up at the top of the hour. Tomorrow, we'll have Dodger Baseball. Remember put a pin in it. Show Aotani making his debut on the mound for the Dodgers. Tomorrow, same time, same Dodgers on deck, same three to six pm. Petros and Money show.
Speaker 3: Some people are really excited about today showing up at Dodger Stadium to get their special media ring. Others have been snubbed horribly for years. Stop talking about it. It's hard not to when you give away a ring that looks like a box truck.
Speaker 4: But hey, hey, at least the media will share online. Oh, every social media, all of their foot We're.
Speaker 3: On Nevert watch right now, Matt. We've been on Neverritt Watch all day. We got our signals up. It's time for the FlipTop story.
Speaker 2: Of the day. This is the FlipTop story of the day.
Speaker 3: Incidentally, the Yankees today.
Speaker 4: Chuck, I think we got a tiptop coming day. I think we got a FlipTop. Come in here, five to four. Appreciate it. Saint Pete, Yeah, appreciate the Saint Pete appreciate the yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: It's ring night, Matt. Everybody's coming out of the cracks. Boo. I'm sorry. David Vesse couldn't come on, and he couldn't lift the phone because of the ring on his hand so big. I've never had a straw arm, and when mine broke, it could not hold the ring anymore. Oftentimes here in California, Matt, living in California, I often asked myself, staring off, what's it like right now? And what's it like right now in Wisconsin? That's what I That's what I say.
Speaker 4: Okay, uh.
Speaker 3: Other than you know, the Brewers and the Milwaukee Bucks, who are terrible, and Doug Gottlieb's Green Bay team and the fawn statue.
Speaker 4: Oh he can get angry now, Doug Gottlieb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, if you if you don't call fowls the same way, you gotta make it the same way on either side of the floor.
Speaker 4: Guy, it's very upset.
Speaker 3: Otherwise I'm gonna take it to the Horizon League right now. Anyway. Other than that stuff, what else is going on in Wisconsin?
Speaker 4: I like what you did there on Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: On Wisconsin, eat that cheese right now, the Milwaukee Bucks have lost four straight and they lost to the Clippers by fourteen last night. But that's not the story. Here is the story, at least the first story. We all respect and remember, Matt. The men that died on the SS Edmund Fitzgerald. I'll cue it up, a great lake spraighter that sank in November of nineteen seventy five on Lake Superior, killing twenty nine. Dude's very sad, terrible. The very next year, Gordon Lightfoot penned his legendary folk rock ballad sang his songs the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. Well, now, Matt, this year you'd be happy to know on July thirtieth, the Madison Mallards, a collegiate summer baseball team in the north Woods Summer Wood Bat League in Wisconsin, are doing on July thirtieth, a remember the Edmund Fitzgerald Knight, where you can get a cool sailor hat with the Mallard's logo on it and a seat at the table for the game for only twenty one dollars.
Speaker 4: It seems a little morbid.
Speaker 3: It's a shipwrecked them baseball game.
Speaker 4: Matt, So if nearly thirty men died that day.
Speaker 3: If you're from some mill in Wisconsin, quote unquote, this summer, which I heard, summer in Wisconsin is glorious, deeply underrated.
Speaker 4: It's the humidity. You barely notice it.
Speaker 3: I did hear the there's bugs the size of g I Joe versus cobra little helicopters. But it is glorious. And you love Gordon Lightfoot, who doesn't?
Speaker 4: Who doesn't?
Speaker 3: If you love shipwreck lore, if you love wood bat baseball, this is the event for you. July thirtieth, Madison, Wisconsin. Remember the Edmund Fitzgerald Knight, not the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald Knight. Remember the Edmund Fitzgerald Knight.
Speaker 4: Well that seems odd, right, because we wouldn't know the Edmund Fitzgerald were it not for the wreck.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we want to remember the men that died, and we're going to wear a smart little sailor hat that makes us look like the skipper in Gilligan's Island, a.
Speaker 4: Kitchy sailor's cap commemorating the depth of between little.
Speaker 3: Kids, little kitchi math, a little waiting for Guffman.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: This is not like, but not unlike the Exploding Whale night that the Portland's Pickles do in Oregon. There's a few differences. The Portland Pickles wear a full exploding Whale UNI that says exploding whales across the chest, much like the dirty sodas out in Utah due the dirty Soda night. So they wear a dirty soda you hold dirty soda UNI. It says dirty SODA's on the chest. I don't think it's going to say they don't have a UNI wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald UNI that they're wearing. They're not changing the name of the team to the Edmund FitzGeralds or anything that night. It's just wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald Knight.
Speaker 4: A great lake. How does this happen?
Speaker 3: The lake Superior? My goodness? That is a Madison, Wisconsin, the capital of Wisconsin. Now our next story takes us northwest to Nakata, Wisconsin.
Speaker 8: What I went to see if I can get a photo of the hat. Of the hat and the front page of the Northwoods League dot com slash Madison Mallards is their giveaway for the Wiener wallet. It's a belt you wear that has a holster that your Wiener fits in and another for your condiments.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously it have some very creative people over there. I don't want to carry this hot dog. I'm gonna put it in this holster. I can't see too many people using that, but they use a hot dog gatling gun. There is that at U in Boise State. I've seen.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I have sidetrack.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did. Yeah. Unprecedented jump Matt In Nikata, Wisconsin, a kangaroo named Chesney jumped an eight foot fence at the Sunshine Farm Petting Zoo in Nikata, Wisconsin, couple of hours north of Milwaukee. A story was out all week because people were out looking for the kangaroo. A stray dog rushed the enclosure that the kangaroo lived in, and I guess the sixteen month old Chesney scaled the fence like a superhero because he was scared.
Speaker 4: I wonder who Chesney is named after? A kangaroo named Chesney.
Speaker 3: I would say for sure it's the head coach at UCLA, Bob Chesney. It led to the whole town searching for the wayward wallaby and they got him. He jumped the fence Wednesday and he was found on Friday night. But when they found him. Since the kangaroo can run at least twenty miles per hour, the eluded the people that were trying to catch him, so they just like waited and had a smoke, Oh, waited for Chesney to calm down, and when he did, they scooped him up. Though hungary and tired, Chesney was okay. He did say, I do have to get over to Rocky Top to be the guest picker on the college Football Game Day show on ESPN. I'm Kenny Chesney the Kangaroo. I've been divorced from you, Rene Zellwigger.
Speaker 4: You didn't want me Chesney the Kangaroo, Kenny Chesney, you were.
Speaker 3: Looking for Maybe get a higher fence, right, ha ha. Take that Nikata Wisconsin pettig Zoo. An impressive jump. Nonetheless for Chesney the young Kangaroo. That's one part of Wisconsin. The other part of Wisconsin. You're right, the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald Night coming on July thirtieth and the Wiener Wallet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pick that one.
Speaker 3: But that's I mean, all of you have to wait to the college foot baseball season to be over, because those guys have to stop playing and then go to their wood bat League for the summer. So you do have some time to make your trip to Wisconsin this summer and visit our friend Doug Gottlieb, who says, don't let it out. Don't let it out the secret. Wisconsin is really special in the summertime.
Speaker 4: Was it Chesney that blew the roof off the Tacoma Dome?
Speaker 3: Yes, according to Bete Carol, it was Kenny Chesney that tore the roof off of the Tacoma. He tore the roof off like you're eating an otter pop. Heh. He just tore the roof off. We'll be back with your Dad and the live guid Birthday of the Day, and then we'll get to Marano Casino. Dodgers on deck with the one and only Tim.
Speaker 1: Kath Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: This is Petro Send Money on Demand.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening, everybody, Petro Send Money on AM five seventy LAS Sports. After an odd Sunday off, the Dodgers are back. They are your back to back world serious champions and they are bad tonight to take on the Cleveland Guardians. All right, it is now time for your dead guy birthday of the day, and that dead guy is British News. It's time for PMS, British News.
Speaker 2: United Kingdom English.
Speaker 4: News, It's time for British News. Cheerio straight.
Speaker 3: Well, it's I'm a horse Monday. So Matt from Yarmouth, Norfolk and London. Yarmouth is Anna Sewel. She'd been dead a long time. Her mother was a popular children's rider. She grew up with cows and pigs and rabbits and chickens and ducks and beans.
Speaker 6: Us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rural life in Hammond, Indiana.
Speaker 4: Exactly, especially the bees.
Speaker 3: Well, the bees caused a big problem at Arizona State over the weekend. A lot of people very upset. A few events were canceled, including the Grand Canyon University Arizona State Women's lacrosse game. Anyway, this lady would have been one hundred and six years old. She was a very sickly invalid of a woman. Most of her life she was Matt.
Speaker 4: Would you describe her life? She was a sickly invalid.
Speaker 3: She was bedridden most of the time. She lived with her family, and I mean she sprained her ankle once and then like didn't walk forever. She's a mess. The only excursion she would have were into the family garden, oh trips to spas and resorts over the UK and continental Europe. So they took her around, but she was an invalid. She helped her mother as her father was a bank manager charity work. However, Matt, since it's I'm a horse Monday, why are we talking about this lady in her night shirt bedridden?
Speaker 4: I can't wait to find out.
Speaker 3: In eighteen seventy one, while confined to bed, she wrote the Life of a Horse. Her mother transcribed the book for her Black Beauty eighteen seventy seven. She was paid forty pounds to write Black Beauty, published by Christmas, one of the first English novels to be written from the perspective of an animal. She died shortly after its early success. However, Black Beauty is one of the world's best selling books of all time stay Strong, over forty million copies. The book was supposed to raise awareness for working class men and boys who were responsible for horses, and she wanted to give them advice on equine management and condemn cruel practices. It really ended up just being a book for chicks that like to have that big muscly beast between their legs. Black Beauty not to be confused with the Black Stallion. No, the film, that's a pornography. I don't think it is. I think she died. What you're wrong. She died of tuberculosis and hepatitis. There are memorials for her contributes all around the UK. There's a fountain there, including the Sewle Park Academy, which is the barn where Black Bess, the inspiration for Black Beauty, was stabled. And you look at that today. Other horses names in Black Beauty. Well, her nickname in the in the book was not just Black Beauty, but Archie, Oh, Duchess, Lizzie, Rob Roy Ginger, Mary Legs. Oh.
Speaker 4: I like Mary Legs, Rory and Peggy. I'd like to be referred to as Mary Legs.
Speaker 3: That can be arranged. That could certainly be arranged, Mary Legs. Matt they called him Mary. They called him Matt Money Smith until his fifties and then he became Matt and Mary Legs Smith.
Speaker 4: I'm into that. His Canadian News, it's Canadian news.
Speaker 2: You don't rick our show, you bozer Hey.
Speaker 4: Happy sixty eight to one of the all time great voice actors Maurice LaMarche. They still talk about this first performance. We'll hear it's the man who played the actor Alec Baldwin eighteen America.
Speaker 2: My fellow actors, we live in a dark time.
Speaker 6: Perhaps the world is becoming more and more violent and the idiots in charge are making it worse.
Speaker 3: What the world needs is an international advisory committee who truly understands global politics, namely us.
Speaker 2: The time has gone for us to start using our acting talents in a different way. Yes, we can use our powers to change the world.
Speaker 4: Pop up. Yes, he was halick balled when a Team America. He was Chief Quimby in the original Inspector Gadget cartoons.
Speaker 2: My God, Doctor, nice word, Gadget Chief. I've got to hand it to you. You had it figured out all the time.
Speaker 5: He hit.
Speaker 4: Uh and His best role, the one he is most known for voiceing earned him an Emmy, was as Brain in Pinky and the Brain. The common thread in all of my failed schemes is human stupidity.
Speaker 2: People are just too stupid to accept me as their leader.
Speaker 3: No, it's too bad. You can't make people smarter.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant cool, It is absolutely Pinky are you pondering what I'm pondering. Oh, I'll say, the odds of that a terribly slim brain.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: I mean, really, when have I ever been pondering what you've been pondering?
Speaker 3: To my knowledge, never exactly.
Speaker 7: So what are the chances that this time I'm pondering what you're pondering next to Now, Well, that's exactly what I'm thinking too.
Speaker 4: Therefore, you are pondering what I'm pondering.
Speaker 2: I guess I am.
Speaker 4: Born in Toronto, grew up addicted to cartoons. Said he would practice mimicry, mimicking the care's non stop. By the time he was a sophomore in high school, realized he was pretty good at it, as classmates would constantly beg him to do his impressions. He entered the high school talent show did a sketch called Celebrity Waiters. Went so well that he launched a stand up career out of it. He would try his act out from time to time and open Mike Knights in the Big Town. Did not go over well, and back home in Toronto, he said the Canadian comics were total a holes. So he moved to la and he started doing some voice work. Was doing stand up at the Improv, was getting some traction part of an HBO special in eighty five with Bob Saggot, Sam Kinnison, Louis Anderson, Yakoff Smirnoff.
Speaker 3: Oh, Saggot and Yakoff Smearnoff on the same bill. I mean that's a spessial Zeppelin and Queen at the At the Hammersmith Odeon.
Speaker 4: He started opening for the likes of Rodney Dangerfield and Carlin and Howie Mandel. He landed the role of Quimby and Gadget. Everything's going great and horrible tragedy strikes his family. His father was murdered in a Toronto hotel lobby. How about that right sent him into a severe depression, understandably for a couple of years, but was able to bounce back. Dennis the Menace, g I Joe, Tiny Toons, Batman, the animated series, The Big One, Animaniacs that spun off Pinky in the Brain. Plus he became kind of the go to guy and still is to some degree for cartoons, wanting to use actors like sort of parody actors that actually are cartoons in the cartoons. So he did the voices for like Mel Gibson and Jack Palance and Captain Kirk and Shatner and Anima eas He did all the celebrity voices from the critic like Bill Cosby and Bill Clinton and Elvis and Keanu Reeves. He's that guy. Same thing with the Simpsons. He is the voice of Yosemite Sam for all of the New Warner Brothers cartoons. You hear the music in the background. I know one of your favorite shows. P He did about forty characters for Futurama. Same with Harvey Birdman. Basically all their ancillary characters were voiced by our man. Maurice LaMarsh still going. He is mister Big and Utopia. He is in the Lego movies, all the Batman's, a bunch of video games, Crash Bandicoot one an Emmy, two Emmys, as a matter of fact, one for Pinky and the Brain, one for Futurama. He is two Can't Sam and all the Fruit Loup commercials. And he is sixty eight today, married one son, Maurice La Marche.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody, we appreciate you listening. Tim Kait coming around next with Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, ready to rock and roll with Colin Ye Rokie Sasaki on the mound. Tonight should be an exciting game. If that's that alone makes it.
Speaker 4: Exciting, Oh, no question, an't wait.
Speaker 3: We'll be back on tomorrow at three o'clock. Enjoy your evening.
Speaker 2: We'll tell me back on tomorrow