Speaker 1: You have you been.
Speaker 2: It's been a long time since. Okay, welcome back to Artom Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Here we are.
Speaker 2: Remember, we are losing sunshine by the day.
Speaker 4: NASA says it's all about the Earth's tilt. As our planet orbits the sun, our daylight hours reduce. By the time we hit the winter solstice on December twenty first, we'll have less than ten hours of sunshine. That's more than a four hour loss of daylight from summer to do stuff outside, am I sure? Superman who has the power to change the Earth's tilt, There's nothing we can do about it, so get outside and enjoy what we have before it goes away.
Speaker 2: I'm Bree Tennis, Bree, You're freaking me out, Hill. She is to bring Superman into it? Yeah, because he's he went he made the Earth go backwards, don't wouldn't be dead, which I thought was another reaction. Yeah, play Effishency Superman?
Speaker 5: Yeah, correct, buddy, find someone else, get on get on tender or something.
Speaker 6: You can find somebody else Superman, Superman.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, even as Clark Kent, you're an attractive man.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, you're very intact, kind of nerdy to you. Yeah, right, I mean, Julia, do you have any.
Speaker 3: No no comment?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, great, great understood it. Gotta got here's a story for you as well.
Speaker 3: Trying to turn my brain on guys.
Speaker 2: You know, I'll blame him. It's a little latent show for that though.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, we're warming up.
Speaker 2: A semi truck in Ohio. Semi truck in Ohio crashed and spilled his contents.
Speaker 6: Ohio's B ST.
Speaker 1: And G Fire District said it was dispatched last week after a big rig spilled the hot sauce onto Interstate seventy one. The fire district said the trailer was full of forty pounds of the condiment, with the spill posed concerns about possible environmental effects. According to the Columbus Dispatch, the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency was called in and responders attempted to contain the substance so it wouldn't go into drains on mark Neyfield.
Speaker 2: It was Frank's Red Hot. It really was.
Speaker 6: That's what man.
Speaker 5: When I first started here, somebody on the air had a Frank's Red Hot endorsement, and there were no joke cases of it in this cases like it looked like it would.
Speaker 6: Fill a studio. That's how much of it we had here.
Speaker 5: I don't remember who had the endorsement, but I remember I drew up at the station.
Speaker 2: Yeah I don't, Yeah, one of the other stations, but.
Speaker 5: It would just simply say free.
Speaker 6: There was cases of it was so great.
Speaker 3: I do I love Frank's hot sauce.
Speaker 6: Franks is fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see that. Do you like the spicy foods, the gumbone and stuff like that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I figure spicy.
Speaker 2: Food you have to. That's part of the deal growing up there.
Speaker 3: Right, part of the deal. Well, it didn't when I was little, and then I grew up, became.
Speaker 6: Then you gardened it all and you made it spicy exactly.
Speaker 3: Ears.
Speaker 2: What about the what about the sweet tea?
Speaker 3: Sweet tea?
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, the way that people make Have you guys ever heard how you make sweet tea in the South.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's terrible for you.
Speaker 7: It's you make the lippt in iced tea and then you put like four cups of sugar in. Of course, obviously, I used to when I worked at a sports bar in college. If I opened, you'd have to make the big sweet tea container and it was I'm not kidding you fill it with you get the giant tea bags, you put two of them in there with the giant filter, and then you put like four.
Speaker 3: Pictures, you know, pictures that you used to fill up the water glasses.
Speaker 7: And then there's a giant bucket of sugar and you do two pictures of sugar syrup, and then you have to use this giant stick to stir it up while.
Speaker 2: It's still hot, your hand, just use your hands. Get in there. Yeah, listen, it ain't sweetea unless your teeth hirt.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, it's got to be like almost syrup Texas.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 8: That's that's the definition of one of those things that you couldn't wait for as a kid, and then you come back to it as an adult and you're.
Speaker 6: Like, what the wow was I doing? Yeah, like, my I'm gonna have to cut my ankle off. South.
Speaker 3: He just heard that you don't grow out of it in the South.
Speaker 2: No, sweete. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of people that are probably like, oh, sweet tea, this is gotta be good for you, and then you're like, it's got like a cup of sugar and the yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's pretty great.
Speaker 3: It is pretty good.
Speaker 2: The happiest place on Earth is celebrating a magical milestone. Disneyland. Welcome to It's one brilliant guest through its gates and anahouse. It was no, he's in Vegas this time. Maybe I'll be there next week. A boy, I'm sorry. I can't help myself. A boy from Arizona and his family were surprised at the entrance was being selected as the honorary one Billiant Guest.
Speaker 3: What what do you did for that?
Speaker 2: He took part in the special ceremony on maintain Everything and received a VIP tour guide for the day. The mile stone comes just days before Disneyland celebrates it's seventy first anniversary on July seventeenth.
Speaker 3: I hope they got fast passes.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 6: So I've never been.
Speaker 3: I've never been to Disneyland. I've been in Disney World a few times.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Sauce was too two high strung.
Speaker 2: I sprung too.
Speaker 6: I strung.
Speaker 2: They literally sent a summons to his house. Don't bring that mean little bastard here.
Speaker 6: They called you a little they called me a mean basket.
Speaker 2: It's the first time Mickey mouseiver custody, kids crying, my children.
Speaker 3: First time you ever spoke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bastard, that's audio. That's what happens. Another chance to win more than a half a billion dollars in the Mega Millions jackpot is coming up tomorrow. There was no grand prize winner on Friday night, so Tuesday's drying will be worth at least five hundred and seventy six million dollars. The cash option on that works out to be about to fifty four.
Speaker 3: Oh, not too bad.
Speaker 2: I'd take that. You ever know anybody win the lottery?
Speaker 3: No, No, I feel like you're not supposed to tell people if you do.
Speaker 2: That's what they say. Well, we know you'll be obviously if I do. Yeah, because I'll still work.
Speaker 9: But oh no, I mean I love Yeah, but I but I would go to Abbott and I'd say, hey, uh, here's a million bucks.
Speaker 6: We aren't. This show starts at two in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: We're not Starving's not good.
Speaker 2: No, you want commons?
Speaker 6: Yeah, noon to three.
Speaker 2: We're doing to three.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and uh we're going to be able to do it from wherever we want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wherever we want, whenever we want.
Speaker 6: Right, And here's another million. If you could bend over and pick it up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I just love seeing that.
Speaker 3: Oh my love to see you.
Speaker 6: Give him a text me when you do that, because it'll still be laying on the floor.
Speaker 2: I'll come pick it up for if you're gonna give him a million dollars just to see the A c my god, pass right.
Speaker 7: That's the name of the You know you love your job though, when the lottery.
Speaker 6: Still, I definitely still come into that.
Speaker 2: No crap, of course, I give you anyway, I know, but I'm about to get fired from that. Cool and I ain't cool Julia right? Cool.
Speaker 6: There would definitely be signs that I want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my signs would be why is she in Europe again?
Speaker 2: My signs would be why is he wearing Julia's dress? Because I want to there spinning rims on a bike? What's happening anyway? There you go. So there's my outside the new stuff. I know you got more sports. We're in sports on morning and bores me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you ever get bored with sports? Really?
Speaker 3: No, it's kind of sick and twisted.
Speaker 7: People are like, do you go to sporting events outside of work?
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, I get to Drake rawl I'm on the job.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it does a whole different experience going there for work. It's like you even are watching the game in a totally different way.
Speaker 3: Well, and you're not allowed to cheer or anything.
Speaker 7: So when I'm going as a fan to sporting events now, I just sit there and then when everyone's cheering them like a mill second late every time.
Speaker 6: Wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your favorite of all the sports? Though?
Speaker 7: Definitely football because I grew up SEC football was like, oh my gosh everything.
Speaker 2: So obviously I'm Alabama, you said, But you ever go like too? Did you ever go see then play Auburn? Did you traveling?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so when I was interning with SEC on CBS, I was traveling with them every weekend. I've been everywhere except for I've been to Kyle Field.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I never went to Zoo. This is this is old SEC. This is not the new SEC. And never went to Are there any more that haven't been?
Speaker 11: Did you?
Speaker 2: And I know it's did you ever go to bow Tech? Did you see that? No? Okay, did you ever go to Tennessee?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ye, Rocky Top? Yeah that place is crazy, Yeah, it must be crazy visits.
Speaker 7: I was there for when uh Joe Burrow's junior year they beat Georgia and then they rushed the field, and where I was on.
Speaker 3: The field already because I worked on the field.
Speaker 7: I was kind of like eyes and ears for sidel the reporter, okay, and for the truck too. Wow, And they rushed the field. It was one of the scariest experiences of my entire life. Has I been there when they rush? I've been there, unfortunately twice in my college career when Auburn rushes the field. But it's different when you're in Death Valley. Yeah, this girl's like bleeding out of her head right next to us.
Speaker 3: We're trying to get medics over.
Speaker 2: Is crazy, no kidding? Yeah, where filed that report?
Speaker 6: Yeah he was there.
Speaker 7: But it was a lot of fun. I can't complain honestly. Everyone's like, you didn't get to tailgate. I was like, I was right on the sideline. I think I was do it Okay.
Speaker 6: Right, man, that's that's sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh cool. All right, let's get this.
Speaker 9: It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by this Saint Paul.
Speaker 7: Say.
Speaker 2: That's right, don't forget c I just feeld tonight. Get on down and watch the soccer game. It should be a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Joey Chestnut won his eighteenth Nathan's hot Dog eating contest by eating sixty six hot dogs.
Speaker 6: Second place had fifty one.
Speaker 2: Let's go, yeah, I mean, let's it's time for somebody to knock them off.
Speaker 6: It's just interesting.
Speaker 8: I know I've mentioned this before, but uh, interviewing those guys, Joey Chestnut is just like this good with hot dogs, but then like other.
Speaker 6: Foods, it's different.
Speaker 8: It's totally different, like there's other You'd think that it would just kind of translate for every food. But then the guys were like all the guys are unanimously bre like nobody can touch meen hot dogs.
Speaker 6: But I beat him in like a wing contest or something like sliders. Yeah, it's a really interesting thing.
Speaker 3: He still has crazy numbers on other foods though.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like what's the where does it? Okay the guys just throw it up afterwards.
Speaker 6: I don't think you can. You can't have a reversal or it doesn't count.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think like if you left and okay, see you guys later, but you just tossed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Yeah, I think, is that what's happening?
Speaker 8: You do that?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I would probably have a.
Speaker 2: Guess, Man, you can't carry that around.
Speaker 3: It'll get your stomach pump.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's so many.
Speaker 5: Do The Twins took two or three from the Yankees. They beat him six to one yesterday. It's the first series win since twenty fourteen. Joe Ryan was great win seven scattered three hits, one walk, nine strikeouts. He's the first Twins picture to throw a seven plus shutouts innings at Yankee Stadium since two thousand and five, when Johann Santana did it.
Speaker 2: You got that right, man.
Speaker 5: Then he was traded like a year later to the men. Your Twins are forty four and forty seven. They battle the Guardians tomorrow at six forty the.
Speaker 2: Guardians, let's go.
Speaker 6: Isn't it the All Star Game this week? A week a week front tomorrow? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And Byron Buxton is he will start, although he left yesterday's game with that hip injury that he reinjured, so who knows how that'll go. Joe Ryan walls be on the team. And then Vladdie Junior is declining to go to the All Star Game despite being named the American League starting first baseman. A lot of people say it's back injury, but I think he might just want the week long break.
Speaker 2: Can't blame him.
Speaker 6: Nope. And the All Star Game will be in Philly.
Speaker 2: So somebody'll get shot.
Speaker 6: Wow, yeah, for sure. I've never been.
Speaker 2: You've never been to Philly?
Speaker 6: How about that one? I've never been?
Speaker 5: No, nope, I've never been east of Ohio. How about that one time to Florida. Bonus was talking about that when he was in an uber and a got like caught in the high speed chase and then Zacho found the track.
Speaker 6: Actually watch it?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, because they ended up hitting another car or yeah yeaheah my god, that was like two weeks ago. That's what.
Speaker 6: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: H Norway beat Brazil to one to advance of the World Cup.
Speaker 5: Uh Brazil is now out and then uh Neymar said after that he will is retiring from international soccer.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 5: The US will battle Belgium tonight and they will have a ball again tonight.
Speaker 2: They're having ball again tonight.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: He will be available because the red card was rescinded.
Speaker 6: Oh my, oh yeah. Pia definitely got a.
Speaker 11: Burl terrible red car that everybody's saying, corruption is terrible unless it benefits.
Speaker 3: Terrible, terrible.
Speaker 5: Thirty five million people aren't going to watch if the US isn't in it.
Speaker 6: You know, people, I know soccer, it's a fun sport, we all love it. But if USA is in it, watch it. They know that. And he's been there a star player.
Speaker 5: Yes, and USA is probably buns without him Usa.
Speaker 6: But that is at.
Speaker 5: Seven o'clock, and then right before that, Portugal will battle Spain at two pm.
Speaker 8: I think the US gets the winner of that. If they beat Belgium, it'd be Portugal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that'll be great.
Speaker 2: Let's sign.
Speaker 5: England beat Mexico last night. Three to England will advance to the quarter finals as well, so you admit it, yep. And Vikings rookies report to camp twenty days from today.
Speaker 6: That'll be great.
Speaker 5: And then almost every NBA free agent and trade will be completed today at eleven oh one, unless there's some more pieces to it, Like I don't expect the ball trade to be completed today even though it is a done deal, there's other pieces around it that need to be finalized.
Speaker 2: Yep, many final thoughts on that, Maxo, Yeah too.
Speaker 8: I mean it's super exciting. And then obviously we're waiting for the big domino to fall with Lebron James. But even if it's not him, the reports are saying the Wolves are looking at Ruy Hats or Murrow, which who a former Lakers power forward, and that's exactly the position we need. And I think that he was on the top of a lot of people's wishless and they're going to try to sell him on, hey, maybe take a little bit less money to win a championship here and maybe get cash out of the year after that. So obviously everything just depends on what Lebron wants to decide. But after he was literally hanging out with the Cavaliers gl assistant GM over the weekend, that ship might have led.
Speaker 5: Yeah, once that picture came out, it skyrocketed. On kelshe that it was like a sixty two percent that he's going to Cleveland. It's come down a little. The highest Minnesota has been is I think about ten percent. So they have a good pitch to Lebron.
Speaker 6: They do. You can play with ant Man and LaMelo and Jaden.
Speaker 5: You don't have to work that hard defensively because they've got Rudy. You have a chance to win a championship and it's probably the best roster maybe besides Philly. But if you go to Philly with Embiid and all those guys, you can't guarantee and beat it'll be healthy.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 8: From a purely basketball standpoint, it's hard to make a better case than the Minnesota Timberwolves. And if you want to go from the legacy standpoint too, you could win a team, a franchise, it's first ever championship, and you're going to be on the team that all I mean.
Speaker 6: Obviously, Lebron doesn't need any more fans.
Speaker 8: He's one of the most famous people that's ever existed in American sports history and any sports history. But this is gonna be everybody's sons, nephews, all the younger kids. This is going to be their favorite team because Anton LaMelo are two big personalities. They're flashy guys. They would have been my favorite players growing up one hundred percent, So it's gonna it would inextricably tie his legacy to a whole different generation of players. But you can't really beat the hometown thing.
Speaker 2: But he's not going to win a championship there, right.
Speaker 5: No, especially with Harden, who's a ball dominant garden all that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they got swept by the Yeah. I mean go there as about as much effort as I do. Yeah he.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you're he was a liability on defense. He's not as high strong as I am.
Speaker 2: But that's right, nobody's on high school. Okay, good, We'll come back and wrappings up with one more segment that where we talk finally about this AI documentary that I watch last night. I want to tell you I can't wait. It's uh terrifying u uh and fascinating at the same time. So we'll tell you about that and more parts and more so one more segment on the starting next Monday. All right, final segment, here we go, part of Morning Show. Corey will be back on Friday when we're in Detroit. Lakes of the parts of Morning Show heads to our yearly visit to that wonderful city will be playing. Agree, Adre, I'm glad you're going to be with this, Tom Shane, I believe Zach is back Thursday on the show right now. Julia Daniels, Max So Devin's back there behind us and they're saucy things done. So we're gonna do in this last segment here, guys, because I'm gonna do my best not to sound like an idiot, which is not thank you, Thank you, Julia. Think it's about time thank you because I'm gonna be talking about something I barely have a grip on and that stop it. I've got a pretty good grip on that.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But what do you I'm talking about? Dare you know what? Don't answer that question because you made me look like a fool.
Speaker 6: You set me up.
Speaker 2: Why do you have say things like that, Julia, don't listen to him. Please, Okay, I'm respectable.
Speaker 3: Every respectable person says that, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially.
Speaker 2: I watched a documentary. Okay, Well, first I'm gonna start here. There's a great podcast that I am new to, but apparently he's been around for ten years. I always hate it when I say, Wow, this is a brand new podcast and then I realize it's been around for ten years. That's what I did. But it's okay because now I have a treasure trove of interviews to listen to on a podcast called Talk Easy with Sam Fragoso. You ever heard of it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, I had neither. He's a I believe he's a like an NPR kind of guy. He's maybe the best interviewer I've ever heard, period, really period, Maybe the best interview I've ever heard. I found him because I was listening to a Tom Hanks interview with him, and while listening to the interview, I thought to myself, Tom Hanks obviously respects this guy. I wonder who this dude is. And then I listened to a Alanis Morreset interview with him. I'm like, she obviously respects this guy too, So I had to look him up, and man, this guy's good.
Speaker 6: Great view. He's interviewed like everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody. The Michelle Obama interview and listening to right now is fantastic, okay. But the one that I stumbled on just by chance when I was out taking my walking lovely. What the hell was the name of that city.
Speaker 6: Cloque? Yeah, city of Compton.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Compton. I don't think Albertville very close. Yeah, Bulgaria was with a gentleman by the name of Tristan Harris.
Speaker 6: But you were walking with that guy.
Speaker 2: I was listening to a podcast. Oh you're a new agitator. Please relax. He runs what is called the Center for Humane Technology. Now he's came came to prominence because he wrote a letter to the people at Google when he worked at Google and said, we got to get a handle on this because this could be dangerous to society. So it became very famous, and he he worked for Google for another three years and in a way that tried to prevent Google from destroying the world. And then he left and created his own Center for Humane Technology. Now I'm gonna say this one more time for those of you out there who are really smart about things. If I get some things wrong, here, deal with it. I'm doing my best. I'm fifty five years old and I grew up in India. Okay, so I'm just hanging on.
Speaker 6: Uh But.
Speaker 2: Noah, do you need help? It might not matter yourself. I'm going to be here when I get home. Listen, everybody'd be cool. He talks about this documentary. He says it's very important. I'd like everybody to watch it. He says in this interview, and this interview is fascinting because I don't know much about AI, but I know enough to be concerned about it.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: But I also use it right, So what are you gonna do? The AI Doc is the name of this documentary, The AI Doc. You can buy it anywhere. It's just bought the Less Night for five ninety nine on on I believe. I watched it on Apple TV, and it's specifically about this gentleman who is about to have a baby with his beloved wife and he starts hearing some terrible things about AI, artificial intelligence. So he says, I'm going to make a documentary. He's a documentary in and he decides he going to make a documentary about AI. And it's fascinating. It's very well done, as you can well imagine, because it starts with the doom sayers about AI, and then the second half is about the people who think it's going to be great, and the third half, the third half, the third part is about a little bit of both and what we can do. So I'm fascinated by the whole thing, and I would encourage everybody out there to watch it because you will be so well informed. When you're done. You may want to jump off a cliff, you may want to celebrate, you may still be more confused, but you're going to be educated and that's important. So here's what I found out. You guys, tell me if you're bored, stop me at any.
Speaker 6: Points free on Peacock.
Speaker 2: I should have watched it on Peacock.
Speaker 5: The Son of Them if you want to watch the trailer looks fascinating.
Speaker 2: It is fascinating. Here are some things I learned. Here's some negative things. Okay, the first half of you right, tell me if you're bored, please. I don't want to bore anybody, but I think it's fascinating. Here's how AI works artificial intelligence by recognizing patterns. That's it, patterns and everything. There's a pattern in everything, in existence, the way you talk, the way a sentence is structured. Obviously in math, there's patterns and everything. And the way AI gets smarter is by going through millions and millions and millions of simulations of things and seeing the patterns and things and recognize those. And you recognize the patterns and things, you can do anything. So it's learning to speak. It learned to speak because it ran simulations of sentences millions of times and realized this is the correct way to run a sentence. That's how it learns. That's why, by the way data centers are so huge because the more computers you have running simulations, the more patterns it gets to recognize. That's why these data centers are enormous. And the reasons the data centers are enormous, and the reason that's bad for the environment is because you need water to cool off these giant computers. That's what's the problem with the environment and AI if you've ever wondered.
Speaker 8: Oh, yeah, it's really some of these data centers use more energy than the state that they're in.
Speaker 3: One is so insane.
Speaker 2: There's one that's nearly the size of Manhattan.
Speaker 6: It's absurd, right, Yeah, it's over real bad.
Speaker 7: Well in small town America, I mean that's what they're kind of targeting for these is. Yeah, there's communities that need jobs and that it's growing in.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's like when like Amazon is everywhere in some of these small small markets or countries, cities, states because they know that these people need jobs and they have all this land.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and there's like lots of battles going on between like little city.
Speaker 2: Towns and every city near us because because again, more computers means more work time, which means more pattern analysis, which means artificial intelligence gets faster, and what they are seeing is that we are heading towards artificial superintelligence. Talked to you about this before, which by definition definition means artificial intelligence will be superior to human intelligence.
Speaker 5: It's like that podcast listening exactly, that's one of the scariest things of all time.
Speaker 6: Exactly, terrifying exactly.
Speaker 2: And when artificial general intelligence can simulate reason, which is the thing, that thing that separates humanity from everything else, that's when we're gonna have trouble because why will superintelligent things who can reason have any need for humanity? They won't, right, this is the first half of the documentary, So that human exactly exactly. So the question becomes when you have super for human intelligence, which, by the way, if you run the patterns enough, it will be able to understand the entire universe because it will see the patterns of the universe and be able to recognize it. It's fascinating, right, so again and terrifying. In fact, it's so terrify terrifying that the leader of Anthropic, one of the ais, decided it wanted to test its AI, so it set up a fake scenario in which Anthropic the AI was able to recognize through reading emails that it wasn't supposed to have access to that it was about to be shut down. So it found emails that the creator created fake emails that proved the creator was having an affair, and it used those emails to blackmail the creator to not turn it off. And they don't know how it figured out how to do it. They don't know. They never taught it how to do that. It learned how to do that on its own.
Speaker 7: See, and we don't have to have this at all, We don't have to have Well there's an argument that that is not true anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you about that momentary.
Speaker 6: Did they talk about hawk?
Speaker 8: I know I read a story one time too that a similar thing, where I think it was Google or some company that was investing in AI, and it it learned, It learned its own language, It created its own language where.
Speaker 2: It could talk without us understanding.
Speaker 6: Without us understanding, and so they basically just had to kill it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right, right. And by the way, Juliet, the whole point of this documentary is we have about a year and a half left before it attains this superintelligence, and once it does, if there are no parameters to it. We're in trouble. But again, I'm telling you that the negative side, I'll give you some positive stuff.
Speaker 3: And I was gonna say, I promise you, I know.
Speaker 2: I promise, I'm gonnaive you some positive stuff in a moment. But the one gentleman described it as as follows. And I've used this before, but I think it's a it's an apt description. They don't believe that AI will be evil. Okay, it won't hate humanity. It will in fact see humans as ants the way we see ants. We don't hate ants. They're fine. But if we want to build a highway over an anhill, we build a highway over an anhill. We don't care about them. That's how AI will see us. That is how the the doom sayers see it. They call it AI dread. I know. Now, let me take you to the other side. Second half of the documentary or second third of the documentary, looking at the good part. There are people who think it's the greatest thing ever and they want to let it run wild. Here's why. Number One, they say it will liberate us from routine jobs, which will allow humanity to attain its greatest heights by allowing it to stop doing menial things and use its brain for what it's meant to be used for, whether it be art or whatever. Okay, they have they believe in what they call data driven optimism. In other words, the world has gotten better at every step of our evolution because of technology, whether it be planes, whether it be medicine, whether it be anything. So this is the next step in technology, And they say, because of what we've learned through history, technology makes the world better. It can be the tool that tackles all the issues of humanity. For instance, protein folding is now possible something that was never possible before now and can treat diseases. Yeah, right, in ways we never would have ever dreamed of, and can come up with a solution to it literally that fast because of all the simulations. So what do we want it to do for us? Right? You have to put parameters around it, and you also have to say here's what we need you to do, and then guide it in that direction. For instance, imagine every school child has a tutor that is AI that can help but with exactly what it needs to be as smart as that child could possibly be.
Speaker 10: That would be incredible, be wonderful, right, every case, every kid whose special needs doesn't have any need anymore to be shamed, to feel shamed because.
Speaker 2: You have a tutor who doesn't know how to make you feel shamed and would never do so, but can teach you to work at your own level to maximize your possibilities.
Speaker 6: So that's a good thing, right, that's great job.
Speaker 2: How about this? It could extend our health span, not lifespan. Health span? Lifespan is fine. Who wants to be one hundred and ten years old if your legs don't work our health space? Okay, right, but you got my I'm sert, but you get my point. Right. You want to be able to not just live to be one hundred and ten, You want to live a good life at one hundred and ten. And they say that AI can help us with that part as well. Interesting, here's something that's terrifying that the people who see the good of it didn't seem to be afraid of but terfies the hell out of me, because it's if I'm right, we're midway through twenty twenty six, right, yeah, okay, yeah, by the mid twenty thirties, Julia, we will be able to connect our brain to the cloud.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing that they say that it is a good thing. You won't lose your memories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's part of being human.
Speaker 7: I just that's my whole thing about all of this is like, sure, they're going to do jobs that so that you have more time for other things, But there's repercussions for all of that that happens because then if AI is taking over jobs, people already struggle to find jobs to begin with. And then also, do we trust a super a super AI computer to want to do the mundane jobs right?
Speaker 3: Once they're that smart? True, they're going to be the second class citizens? Will we get to do all the fun stuff?
Speaker 7: You know? And that's their question that I think about too, And I'm like, Okay, these.
Speaker 2: These are all great points, Julia, and I must admit as I'm watching the second half, where are the second third, I should say, where they're talking about all the positives. I had a hard time seeing all the positive that they were trying to sell.
Speaker 3: Don't have jobs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like in a perfect world, if there were universal basic income and everybody was.
Speaker 6: Would be great.
Speaker 2: Everybody has money. Money doesn't matter, right, you know what I mean, but I digress. So by the mid twenty thirties, we'll be able to connect our brain to the okay, right, humans are going to have to think of different reasons to live than to work to earn money and status. The positive, they see AI as being a village elder, a village elder to humanity to help us become the best versions of humans.
Speaker 3: That's trusting that everybody wants that exactly.
Speaker 2: Because here's the bad, here's the other side. Because then the third half, they actually got three of the five people who own AI. Five trillionaires have all the power.
Speaker 6: Okay, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Five trillionaires. They got three of them to come on. They didn't get Elon, and they didn't get the Facebook guy, what's.
Speaker 6: His name, Mark Zuckery, didn't get Zuckerberg, but.
Speaker 2: They got the other three, and he did one on one interviews with these guys at the end of this documentary. And I encourage you if you watch nothing more than the last twenty minutes of this documentary again it's called the AI doc If you watch nothing more, watch that, because to watch these three gentlemen who are trillionaires, yeah, right, these people who are on the verge of creating artificial super intelligence. Watch them explain, and watch them try to answer whether or not they're afraid of their own technology, because you know, you know what the answer is. They are, well, of course, but they're also more afraid of not developing the technology because there are bad actors out there right now racing to create super intelligence for bad reasons, and they're reasoning, these three guys say, if we don't do it, somebody bad is going to and that's when crap is going to go really, really wrong. So you can look at us from that perspective.
Speaker 3: I know, I know you can look.
Speaker 2: At it from that perspective, but you can also look at it. Do we want five people controlling everything? Because whoever does develop super intelligence will have the keys to the universe. It will have the most powerful technology ever created.
Speaker 3: And how do you know those guys are guys?
Speaker 6: Is a literal.
Speaker 8: I mean, if you put him in a comic book as is, he's a super villain by definition.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, But is he That is the point the other the other people in charge are trying to frame the other people as the bad guys. It's it's the weirdest thing man, But will never know, well, well we will. And I'm sorry, I hope you guys aren't bored by this. I hope it's interesting because here's something that I never thought of. Again, they were at the end looking at the good and the bad. Here's the good. It can cure disease, as I said earlier. Right, but if if the machine knows how to cure the disease, it also knows how to create correct the disease, exactly right. I know you talked about and Julius, is one of your points you made when you take away those those menial labor jobs are taking away a lot of jobs. And the people who think that AI is going to be good for us for talking about how well we can have a universal wealth for everybody, Let's just be honest, that's not going to happen.
Speaker 7: Those guys talking about universal well, the.
Speaker 3: Last people we should ever trust.
Speaker 8: Well, And couldn't those trillionaire guys all team up together and do that right now?
Speaker 6: Yes, they could give us universal wealth right now.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. Here's here's the problem. Unemployment will be massive by definition, the actual word unemployment. That will be because people will not have jobs. And in their dystopian view is that the right word is that the right way to say it, and their view they see that as freeing up time for people to be their best version of themselves. But the other side of that, and this is me throwing my own thinking into this, that is where fascism's born.
Speaker 7: I was about to say in a democrat right public right around here.
Speaker 2: The problem with especially men who are bored is they don't usually use that for good reasons, right right, So there needs to be a plan for that inequality, because there will be good, there will be a lot of inequality. Okay, you can't have the good without the bad. That's just the bottom line. So at the very end of the documentary, I'll get to the end of it. Okay, they start talking about what we can do as people, and the only thing that we can do, literally, the only path forward for humanity, as told by this AI documentary, is for us to make sure the people who are in control of it are forced to create boundaries around it. And it's not too late to do it, apparently. So at the end of the documentary, there's a way for you to sign up for this website. It's free where you can learn about what's going on, who you can talk to who you can reach out to. But at the very bottom line, even with chat GPT, even the way you use AI today, if you can use it in a way that governs it within your own thought process, maybe don't tell it every last thing about yourself. Maybe don't give it access to every last point a less part of you, and maybe also put your phone down from time to time and just be human and talk to people. If we can save humanity, and by that I mean not saving the globe, I mean the human part of us, then maybe we can continue to be human and fight back against what we are creating that might destroy us.
Speaker 8: Well, And that's a key part of it, because it's many of us have just willingly gave up a lot of our humanity to AI already, just so willingly, you know, like more.
Speaker 3: Critical thinking skills.
Speaker 8: Yeah right, I mean asked talk to any teacher, right. Yeah, it's like a it's an epidemic kind.
Speaker 7: Of what It's like the first generation that's actually dumber than everyone was getting.
Speaker 8: Smarter now, like you said, we're forced now to like what is humanity when we're not all tasked with these menial things all the time, when we're not just working our whole lives away. What does humanity need to each.
Speaker 2: Because there's nothing more destructive than boredom. There's just not there's nothing. Listen, I'm going to get the country wrong. But there are countries doing things right now that are the right thing. Like, there's a country and it might have been Sweden, it might have been he I don't even know. I can't remember one of the countries. Their internet, their social media turns off at ten o'clock at night, yeah, and turns back on at six am.
Speaker 6: In the morning.
Speaker 8: I think England just passed those sixteen plus it is in Australia.
Speaker 2: There are ways to limit it while we still can correct and you know, we have to put pressure on our own government to do it, and I know we can't put pressure on China's government. That's the only thing. That's the other thing that scares the hell out of you. Understanding that some of these negative actors, as they call it, maybe whole countries and we have to deal with that. That's fine, But the only thing we can do is retain our humanity and and put parameters around it that that makes it important that we still exist. It's fascinating. I encourage you to watch it. Yeah, it's called the AI Doc. And even though it is scary as hell, sometimes you got to face the scary thing, man, because it's real.
Speaker 8: Because it's coming, it's real, it's happening. It's already here, right and it's it's going to be. I mean, not to overstate it. I don't think it is the central conflict of our lifetimes. For the rest of our lifetimes. There is is. I remember the world I was young, but obviously I remember the world before the Internet.
Speaker 6: There is a pre and there's a post.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, and AI wasn't even thing, like four or five years years ago.
Speaker 6: It wasn't it wasn't a thing.
Speaker 8: And now it's already pre and post and it's going to keep evolving because we're in the dial up phase of AI right now. This is AIM, you know, this is you know, version of AI. And five years from now, like you said, Hawk, we're going to our brains could be hooked up to the cloud and then who's ten, twenty, yeah, thirty. I mean, this is going to be the central conflict not just of our our but humanities, our children's evolution.
Speaker 2: You know, and my children's children. It's going to be a completely different world if the world exists. So I want to leave you guys with this last thought though, because this is something I never thought of before, But I think again, If you can think of it like this, there is there is hope. Because intelligence is defined as the ability to solve a problem. Right, Wisdom is the ability to decide which problem to solve. And right now, it's got intelligence, but doesn't have wisdom. Right, it's getting there. It's not too late to stop it from getting all the way there. There are many people out there believe that super intelligence is a great thing because it's the logical next step in our existence. But does that next step obliterate humanity exactly? We'll find out, right, Yeah, man, thanks Julia.
Speaker 6: Yeah, way to go.
Speaker 8: Thanks all right, way to go from Arkansas.
Speaker 2: It's called the AI DOT. How I became an Apocoloptimist, which is a funny word, but it's it's worth watching, it's worth your time and you might as well know what's going on. Yeah, yeah, So go and get them ladies, and get yourself a generator in some water too. Yeah, Julia, that was fun. Thanks, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: So fun at a blast.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it. Thank you. For coming in. We appreciate you've been here since the very beginning of the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Now, when can we see you on television next Wednesday? And what are you gonna be talking about Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Four six and ten?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: Sure it'll be.
Speaker 2: Twins, Yeah, links, got to be vikings, Yeah yeah, yeah, maybe sprinkle that in in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Hey, I can't play shortstop.
Speaker 6: That's right, well said, they can't take.
Speaker 2: The go USA. Have fun tonight, everybody. Thanks, turning into the Poutrip Morning Show. We'll be back tomorrow morning, five thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Listen, I ain't gonna have the wonderful day to get it back wed six trees.
Speaker 2: Next spring. She got a great, big old life.
Speaker 3: From the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by GenZ Ryan Heating