Speaker 1: By Billy Cunning in the Great America and welcome this Friday afternoon in the tri State. Of course, all weekend long, the Bengals and the Bearcats know more about the direction of the Bengals season come Monday. The last night, a bombshell hit the political landscape in Cincinnati when a certain Facebook posting was leaked to Trisha Maki of Fox nineteen that showed what happened July twenty sixth before the actual beatdown of Alex Trevinsky in a Holly took place. There was these news conferences held a couple of weeks later in which the Mayor's office, the city manager, the so called civil rights crowd, and others demanded, including Representative Cecil Thomas and Tracy Hunter, all demanded that the white guy beat charged. Somebody white's got to be charged, and that person was Alex Trevinsky. By the way, we have Alex Ttravinsky's lawyer coming up in about thirty minutes. His name is Doug Brannon. He's going to be with us again. And there was this implication that there was another tape available, and it wasn't made available until last night to Tricia Mackie of Fox nineteen and Tricia Mackie Fox nineteen were nineteen stands for news. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show, and Tricia tell the American people. First of all, can you say how you got the tape? And secondly what is the show? If anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it shows a lot and I got the tape via Signal ninety nine is a satire Facebook page and that group was given it by different sources. That Facebook page, Signal ninety nine, it's actually a social media page, was allowed to pick one media outlet, one individual to give it to, and she chose me.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: Now there was the implication you recall the news conference in fact, I think you might have been physically present in which the power of the City of Cincinnati was a exhibited to charge someone based upon race, that being a white person because he threw the first punch. I can recall Cecil Thomas and also Damon Lynch Etceeeda was saying, you gotta charge the white guy, and that guy was Alex Stavincia Becaues. He threw the first punch, he precipitated it all described with this tape actually shows reality.
Speaker 3: What is it show?
Speaker 2: So the one three CDC video that we knew existed, and all members of the of the media have been requesting this. It has been never released before. There's probably five, maybe six minutes of just static video of just a bunch of people on the streets at three am, just walking up and down the streets. No one's fighting, no one's arguing, everybody's just mining their own business. They look like, you know, you could think it's six pm. I mean, it's not three am. There's just a bunch of people. You can see a group of people on the one corner, which we later know is Alex and his friends, you know, Holly and her friend. Two females and a few males that were all there. And at some point, maybe five or six minutes, I watched video of them just standing there doing nothing. All of the other individuals on the streets doing nothing, No one was interacting with anyone, a back crowd, and then maybe five six minutes in, you see a man that kind of like emerges from a white jeep and comes behind Alex punches him twice in the head. It kind of spills out onto the streets with some shoving, couple of fists being thrown, there's people getting in the middle trying to break up this crowd that are throwing punches. Obviously Alex and another man in a white shirt, you know, are there. They're kind of it looks like they're kind of centered on them, but they're trying to break them up. And as these individuals get involved in or breaking them up, trying to get him off to the sidewalk, more punches are thrown, more kicks are thrown, and then Alex walks over by that white jeep kicks the fender kind of twice, and at that point he gets hit more, and then they all and then pretty much is where we saw the viral video with the slap. But the veal shows that there was a lot of physical altercations that started before the slap.
Speaker 1: And Alex Schrevinsky did not precipitate it. It was precipitated by one of the defendants to be in the future punching Alex twice in the back look like the back of the head. And so the allegation unsupported by facts of the so called civil rights crowd and the city leaders calling for the indictment of quote a white person who precipitated the whole thing. This tape calls that event and those protestations to be a lie.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Well, there is one thing too. If you remember, a lot of the members of the community were stating that the N word was dropped by Alex or his crowd. Now you have to realize that on this DC video there is no audio. So when Demand kind of comes up from behind the white vehicle right before he punches Alex in the head twice, it looks like there's some kind of a communication like there his head kind of like you know, goes to the side. And I pointed that out on the tape. I don't know what was said there. I have no idea. I wasn't there, If anything might not have been anything, I don't know. But I can tell you without a doubt in that video that was shown, Alex was punched multiple times before the slap.
Speaker 1: Has there been any reaction from those who who based their criminal charges against Alex based upon this tape? But before I get to that question, Tricia mckew Fox nineteen, Yeah, this tape has been available to the internal affairs of the police Department since the end of July.
Speaker 3: This isn't This isn't a tape that.
Speaker 1: Just surfaced just before the election on Halloween or last night.
Speaker 3: So this, yeah, this was available.
Speaker 2: This is a this is a three seed. The main one is the three CDC video which was available obviously jo I was the job July twenty sixth, twenty ninth.
Speaker 4: Whatever it was, twenty six yeah, I mean it's yeah.
Speaker 2: It's that date. There's also a business date, you know, their cameras from a business right there. And then there's also a lot of collected videos because if you watch the video, it seems like everybody's got a cell phone, everybody's recording at all different angles, so there's a lot of different angles too, and police cut their hands on a lot of those as well via warrants to get a lot of the videos. So you know, it's there's a lot on videos now and a lot out there.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Do there's a rumor of foot that Chief Fiji released this video and retribution against the city manager and mayor.
Speaker 3: Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: I would have no idea about that. Like I said, it came from a source that was given to that source.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you have no personal information If Thiji's the originator of this video, I do not now. Also, I had on I think you had him on too ken Kober of weeks ago and ken Kober said on our air the sergeant who's headed the FOP in Cincinnati that the line officers who investigated this would not file criminal charges against the victor, Malx Shravinsky because the investigation indicated it should not be done. He then also said that the chief of police at that point, Thiji, would not sign on the charges. The person who did sign under the orders of the city manager as Captain Henny. And by the way, when I speak to rank and file cops, they like Captain Henny a lot, who is now, by the way, the acting police chief. But he filed the criminal charges, which ken Kober said is quite unusual for an officer, a captain who did not do the investigation, to file misdemeanor charges against a victim of a horrific beating, and that it was ordered in a sense by the city manager that the rank and file officers who did the investigation would not file.
Speaker 3: Is that your information?
Speaker 2: All of the information that you just said is true. I do not. I cannot confirm it was at the direction of the city manager though, but all of that other information is correct absolutely. Henny was the one and you know that, you know, Ken Kober kind of said, you know, fell on the swords, you know, filled out the information. I do believe from a lot of officers that I've heard, Henny is very highly regarded, as well as is the police chief, Tresa Fiji, both of which are So I agree with everything you said, except for I don't know about the where it came from.
Speaker 3: The order came from Tricia Maki.
Speaker 1: Secondly, Yeah, one of your compatriots on Channel nine, you're a good friend of mine. You're a good friend of mine who's on this thing big time, And she relates that they did a freedom of information request and that there were there were numerous dozens and dozens and dozens of contacts between the Mayor's office, between the mayor himself and the city manager and Police Chief Fiji, and that this was of course, uh well before uh the uh information came out. That it appears that the mayor is now saying, uh, mayor is saying, you know what, that that was the decision of the city manager to put on administrative leave. The chief of police Thigy that that was kind of kind of her decision.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, I agree with that. And we also put out a lot of three information acts request to get the video that we aired last night, and it was never made available. It's hard sometimes to get that filled out, that information given back to us. To be honest with you, I mean, Tanya will agree with me.
Speaker 3: Tanya A. Rourke.
Speaker 1: You know the mayor is saying, well, that's not my decision. That's not my decision. That's the city manager to say. But now Tanya Rourke has kind of proven that there were dozens and dozens of frequent contexts that we know about. Because it's a text or it's an email, we don't know the personal passing in the hallway, verbal communication. The mayor wants to picture himself as kind of hands off. I don't know much what's going on. That's up to the city manager. Go see the city manager. Isn't it true that Tanya A. Rourke and you have more or less proven that the mayor was intimately involved in the interactions between the chief of police and the city manager.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that if you even look, we've been trying to get an interview with the current mayor for ages. As a matter of fact, I interviewed and Rob and I interviewed Corey Bowman last night, and I put an eight different requests to get the mayor to come down and do an interview with us. One of the things that he did post recently, I don't know if you followed this at all, but he did post a tick to video explaining how the city manager, city council, the administration, and the mayor all work together. Did you watch the video? He kind of explains how he's kind of like the guy, but he won't explain that on camera to us. He did put it in that video, but we've never been, you know, privy to get the interview to ask those questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not we because you live in northern Kentucky. I live in Kenwood. But nonetheless, Cincinnati voted. They voted for a strong mayor. So we have a mayor who takes credit for things happening well, but if something goes to scans, he points toward the city manager. Is the person doing these things? And so when all the meetings took place, was you in, the chief of police, the mayor, and the city manager. The person in charge was the mayor, except when something bad goes on, in which case it's the city manager.
Speaker 3: And so isn't it Yeah, explain, and.
Speaker 2: The mayor is right now pointing the finger at the at the city manager, and the city manager has repeatedly told us in other media outlet, no comment, I can't talk about I'm not talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's it's an administrative matter, it's a personnel matter, and things in that character. So at this point, the tape that was leaked to you exclusively last night, which is on the Fox nineteen website, demonstrates that before this lap took place, there was punches thrown that hit Alex Shravinsky that precipitated the entire event. And so at this point, are you still trying to get the mayor the city manager to talk about this? What's the latest on that? Because this is a bombshell in politics. It shows that number one, either the mayor and city manager knew this existed and lied about it, or didn't know it existed, in which case they're incompetent. So I would say, is the mayor and city manager incompetent or are they liars one or the other.
Speaker 2: We have reporters on it today asking a lot of city leaders about the tape, whether or not they've seen it or not, or if they will here it is. You watch it with us and give us your ideas. So we have reporters that I know, Michelle call me earlier this morning. He's on this store. We have two reporters on it right now, so hopefully we'll get some answers tonight. But you know, for the record, I can tell you, I mean, if you watch that video.
Speaker 4: Go to our website.
Speaker 2: It's airs on my Facebook page. It's also on Signal ninety nine page broke Down. The Signal nine to nine broke Down three separate videos. Showed a lot more video than we did on our air last night, but we will continue to show more because we do have it all. But you can plainly see he was hit multiple times. He was kicked multiple times before the slack.
Speaker 1: Okay, And this information was known the city leaders within a few days after July twenty six, because it was made available by CD three CDC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was.
Speaker 1: Available, and they either knew it existed and lied or did know it existed, in which case they're in competent. But at no occasion that the line investigating CPDD officers one of oult criminal charges against the victim, Alex Schravinsky because he didn't originate this thing. The other defendants did correct.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what was said, and I think that was one of the things. I mean, that was one of the things that a lot of black leaders were saying. I know that they were very outspoken that he dropped the end work. Like I said, I didn't hear it, but they did say that there was some of the you know that that slap was what started the whole fight. That was one of the other arguments. And as you can see on this tape, that slap wasn't what started that wholel It wasn't that brawl whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe in a few hours those so called civil rights leaders will get together and apologize and say, you know what, I'm not sure. Maybe at five o'clock, Damon Lynch and you'll have Scottie Johnson and Cecil Thomas and Victoria Parks and lemon Kearney all getting together and say, you know what, I'm sorry we made a mistake that the.
Speaker 2: First Did you already put calls in all of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've called three of them. Okay, no answer none. I'm trying to get the mayor on. I've asked nine times. Someone reached out from connected with the mayor and said, would you canny come on? I said absolutely, I'm not going to limit it to time or to play. Just tell me when the American be here. And allegedly I'm going to have on Irish ROLLI on Monday to talk about this and many other issues. And so yes, but you know what they're going to do is hunker down through the election and then after the election when they think they're all going to get re elected. See, they're going to say, look that people like our leadership, they like what's going on.
Speaker 3: This is old news. Forget about that stuff.
Speaker 1: But the other thing, and I talked to a certain US Senator about this, when a city government bases a criminal charge based upon race, irrespective of facts, that's the civil rights violation.
Speaker 3: US Department of Justice.
Speaker 1: I know that that's a problem like Birmingham in the nineteen fifties. They're going to seek out people in charge based upon race, and that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the things I just don't understand is why this was made available. I just don't I know that at one point, you know, the prosecutor's office said this whole time that everything will come to light eventually and you will see that there. You know, there was fighting that preceded this last The Prosecu's office has said that all along. I don't know if you've been following us that they have and right, But why wasn't Why weren't.
Speaker 5: We told at one point we.
Speaker 2: Said that we would impeded the investigation. How is it impeded the investigation? I'm just like throwing that question out. I don't know. I mean, because could it get worse by putting this video out? I mean, it put us in a pretty bad light across the country. It wasn't a flattering scene anyway, So why not put out the rest of the video? I always think when you when you keep a lie going, or if you bend the truth or you fib whatever you call it, the longer you do it, the worst it is. If you just get in front of it, this is what it was and we move on.
Speaker 3: But that's not what we are here Atricia Mackie.
Speaker 1: This proves the city, the mayor, the city manager after our liars, and since this proves their lying to us, that's why I wouldn't put out That's my suggestion.
Speaker 3: Until after the election.
Speaker 1: They were hoping this thing would be encumbered until after the election, in which case then we're re elected. To hell with, you would do whatever we want to do. This tape that you had got exclusively last night shows the city manager and the mayor and the so called civil rights crowd lied and most knew they were lying, but they want to perpetuate the lie until after the election. All Right, we got to run, Trisha, Yeah, go ahead, and again.
Speaker 2: I and just for the record, I don't know any of that stuff you said that. I didn't say that, just just but you know, I don't know who saw this video. I don't know. I just know that it was available because it was obviously shot that evening.
Speaker 1: It's available, and they didn't want to look at it, or they did look at it. Either way, they're either incompetent or liars. I don't know which is best. That's my opinion. All Right, Tricia mckis, thank you very much. Thank you. Let's continue with more a fool. You think it's over, just begun. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WULW by Billy Cunningham. Let's continue a course. Attorney Doug Brannon represents Alex Stravinsky. He was the victim of a beatdown after the music festival, also a Reds game in which there were hundreds of thousands of individuals downtown Cincinnati, not well guarded by the police department. My dad and Alex Stravinsky was beaten down, and there was a big news conference held a few weeks later by the city council members and by the mayor and by so called civil rights leaders who talked about the white guy's gotta be charged because it's only fair the white guy started at all. Now we have the tape. We have the tape from three CDC that in the case that's not the case. Joining you and I now is Doug Brannon, the attorney for Alex Stravinsky. And once again, Doug Brannon, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, attorney of Brandon, can you tell the American people, having reviewed the tape, what does this do to the case against your client criminally and what does this say about the investigation.
Speaker 6: The opportunity to come on and talk to you about this. We have had a chance for review the three CDC tape and it unquestionably exonerates Alex from any wrongdoing in this census. He was hit and beaten multiple times. We have sent this from the very beginning of how he was attacked by multiple people multiple times, long before he tried to confront one of the attackers and telling him to stop. And you know, this tape is dramatically changes or should change the reality of what they've been portraying politically versus what actually happened that day.
Speaker 1: Do you think this city will now drop the criminal charges against your victimized client? Is that this tape shows that this tape indicates that your clients should not have been criminally charged.
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 6: And I don't think any law enforcement officer ever wanted to charge Alex because they knew what the actual facts were behind us. This was politically motivated to charge him and prosecute him. You know, they needed the public needs to speak up and voice their concern over this prosecution because it's wrong, it shouldn't be occurring, and they're criminal. They're revictimizing somebody that's already been brutally victimized and beaten.
Speaker 3: How's your client doing today?
Speaker 1: This began July twenty sixth Here we are October thirty. First, it's been what about four minds how's your client doing physically?
Speaker 6: You know, physically he is. He has made some strides in recovering. He suffered a large concussion as a result of the beating. You know, mentally it has been very difficult for him to get around other people, large crowds. You know, having been attack like this by a large crowd. You know, he still is suffering greatly from this.
Speaker 1: You're also a noted personal injuries civil rights attorney. What does this do to the pending civil lawsuit against the city who purposely filed criminal charges against an innocent man.
Speaker 3: Because of his race? What does that do to the civil lawsuit?
Speaker 6: I think that it just gives more credence to the viability of those claims against any against the city of Cincinnati. You know, this is not a claim that had to be brought. This is a claim that they brought upon themselves for their own wrongcome conduct in initiating a wrongful criminal prosecution against Alex.
Speaker 1: Have you considered I spoke to a US senator recently about this. These are US civil rights violations against the city of Cincinnati that could have criminal elements, could have civil elements against it because a city under the color of state or city ordinances in law cannot violate the civil rights of any innocent person. In the nineteen fifties and sixties, you had Democrats in the South filing criminal charges against people because of the color of their skin, and the Birmingham and etc. Paid big money. Here we are in twenty twenty five and the same democratic part but with different leaders are filing have filed criminal charges against an innocent person for racial and political reasons. What does that do to the civil rights lawsuit? And could it have criminal elements to it?
Speaker 6: You know, that is an interesting question, Bill, and I think the federal government should be looking at this, and that falls under the purview of the federal prosecutors in federal court, and it certainly bears looking at because obviously I don't think this criminal charge would have been brought against Alex had he not been white.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what the city fathers and mothers said that they held a news conference and actually said, including state Representative Cecil Thomas, this is the color of state law. Who demanded that their city that they led and continue to lead, file charges against someone based upon their race. And they felt so comfortable about it they did it publicly in front of in front of microphones and cameras.
Speaker 3: That's how stupid this crowd is.
Speaker 1: If you're going to act in such a horrible way, do it privately, but don't publicize your stupidity.
Speaker 6: And they're still doing it publicly because they're still prosecuting Alex. This is how crazy these people are and continuing this wrongful criminal prosecution, especially after this tape has been made published. But they note about this tape. They've seen this tape previously, they've note about it since the conception of the events. Yes, they've done nothing to stop this criminal prosecution.
Speaker 1: As we sit here at twelve forty five pm on a Friday, Halloween, which is appropriate for this story, the criminal prosecution of your client continues by the crowd who demanded he'd be charged because of the color of his skin. Let's go back in time a little bit here and talk about how the charges were filed against your crime, their client, I think their fourth degree misdemeanors that carry up to thirty days in jail and find a two hundred and fifty dollars As was told to me by Sergeant Ken Kober, as you know, the head of the FOP. He said that the line officers doing the investigation would not file criminal charges against Zarenski because shall we say, they weren't proper, they were wrong. And the man in charge of the Central Business District then was Captain Henny Hnni and now that same captain is the interim police chief. So the mayor and city manager advanced Captain Henny to the chief's position when the line officers would not file the charges. Fiji wouldn't file the charges the chief, but a captain did and he gets rewarded by being the interim chief of police.
Speaker 3: Explain that one to.
Speaker 6: Me, Well, what I can tell you is, after reviewing the discovery that was provided to me in this case, that Captain Henny was not one of the detectives in charge of the investigation in this case. Typically, where you see charges being filed by an officer by investigating detectives, the ones doing the investigation that are handling the case are the ones that actually signed the criminals vacation and submit that to the court. That is not what occurred in this case. Captain Henny was just the administrator. He was not one of the lead investigators in this case. So there is a huge disconnect between him being involved and who the actual detectives are that are investigating this case.
Speaker 1: A cop sent me the following text quote, Hanny was in charge of the Central Business District when these violent crimes took place on July twenty sixth. He did nothing in response to the violence other than file false charges, and now he's the interim chief who's being paid off.
Speaker 3: It's like, wow, well, I think that this is still coming.
Speaker 6: We need to We have questions for the city manager and the mayor about how this is occurring because from the information that we have been provided, it seems like they are trying to control this criminal prosecution for political purposes. So these are city officials that need to answer for their conduct in getting involved in this particular case.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well at this point, uh, this was leaked by somebody. Uh to Fox nineteen Trisha Mackie has do you have any knowledge, as the attorney for Alex Szervinsky, who leaked this tape?
Speaker 8: I do not.
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 6: It certainly didn't come from us. We have been provided discovery in the criminal case, but we have not provided this tape to to anybody else. We have been using it to prepare for our defense for trial, which is set for December eight?
Speaker 1: Did uh did the discovery given to you by the City of Cincinnati in the criminal case include this tape?
Speaker 4: They were provided?
Speaker 6: They provided us with certain caps they the Uh. This particular tape initially was not included in the initial discovery that was provided to us.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So uh, have you thought about a referral to the US Attorney for the possible criminal prosecution of the city solicitor Emily smart Warner, the city manager, and the mayor, and also for the public officials Cecil Thomas, Scottie Johnson, lemon Kearney. Have you thought about a criminal referral to the US Attorney's office for federal charges against these individuals.
Speaker 6: Well, we're taking this case one step at a time, Billain. The first step in my first priority is to make sure that allance has found not guilty of this bogus charge.
Speaker 1: And this tape proofs beyond a shadow of a doubt that the first punch was thrown at the back of your client's head by one of the criminal defendants other than your client who's criminally charged. And this tape clearly shows that there were lies told by city fathers and mothers for political racial reasons in order to charge an innocent man that they knew or should have known, was not guilty of committing any criminal offense. His head was treated like a soccer ball on fourth and Alum and almost was murdered. Many people thought he was dead, kicked in the head Reginald Denny style from the nineteen eighty nine riots in Los Angeles, kicked in the head and add insult literally to injury. Their client's now facing a criminal charge, goes his head. I guess wasn't a proper soccer ball. And secondly, the city solicitor Emily Smart and Warner demanded the criminal charges be filed by someone who was not in the line of the investigation, that being Captain Henny.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: That is what the evidence is showing us right now.
Speaker 4: Bill.
Speaker 6: That is absolutely what we see as well. And it's clear not only did he not throw the first bunch, he didn't throw the second, he didn't throw the throw. He was hit so many times we lost count before he even tried to confront the victim and stop this. Then he was attacked again. And if you watch the video very carefully, as this infamous where he sticks his hand down and touch the other guy's face and tells him to stop. Another one of these thugs goes up, says I'm going behind him to get him, and that's when he's hit.
Speaker 3: From both sides.
Speaker 4: An attack from both sides, both the.
Speaker 5: Front and the back.
Speaker 6: This mob had no intention of stopping.
Speaker 4: Anything he did at.
Speaker 6: Any time was an act of self defense and get out of there alive was all he could.
Speaker 5: Do that day.
Speaker 1: It was lucky he got out with merely serious injuries. He was lucky he got out alive. And the fact that Captain Henny, not in the line of command, would file criminal charges against an innocent person, I would have to assume that Captain Henny knew at the time that the charges were false, because he either should have seen this tape or if he didn't see it, he should have demanded to be shown to him before the criminal charges were filed. And the prosecutor's office Connor Kelly just said repeatedly, there's more to this than meets the eye. The county prosecutor is saying, look, we have more tapes, and she's under fire from the so called civil rights crowd not to file more criminal charges against an innocent person, but least she's standing up to say no. But your information is that Captain Henny, who's now the interim chief, was not in the line of command, but he's the one that signed the charges, according to ken Kober. Ken Kober said on our air with Me that the reason he did it was to save his men from being disciplined by the city manager for refusing in order to file false charges against an innocent person based upon race.
Speaker 3: Think about that for a moment.
Speaker 6: It's mind boggling, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Bill?
Speaker 6: And you know, when you look at this and as we're facing trial, I'm wondering what Captain Hinny, if he's going to testify for the prosecution, what he will have to say as a non investigating personnel from the police department that seems to be the state's representative here.
Speaker 1: Well, let me make a guess. They're going to dismiss these charges after the election. They do not want you to have Captain Henny under oath. Uh he's not you know at cops, I know say they like him. Captain Henny is now the interim chief. They like him, and he was putting in some impossible position of following false criminal charges. On one hand, because the city solicitor ordered it. And on the other hand, he wanted to protect his men from future action against them because they wouldn't follow an elicit, illegal order. And now Henny and Henny and consequence has been elevated because he did what the city fathers and mothers wanted him to do. And so Henny and I say, once again, the men respect Henny, but at this point he's in a bad light. Would you get out your crystal ball, where the city continue to pursue these charges against your client when they know they're false.
Speaker 6: Well, they've indicated nothing that they are going to stop pursuing these charges at this point. And like you, with this election looming, these things are certainly coming out and right now that seems to be very important to them. But let's see what if common sense may come to them after this election and they dismiss these charges. If not, I can't wait to get these people on the road.
Speaker 1: Well, you're getting them under oath either the criminal case, which you'll be dismissed, or you're gettm under oath in a civil case. And none of them can avoid that because in this opinion, in a civil case, and I know federal authorities are watching this case to see what happens. I'm gonna make sure this tape goes all over the federal officials. I know, because we can't live in a society where person innocent persons are charged with criminal offenses because of the color of their skin.
Speaker 6: And no, you don't victimize victims. It's just not right, Bill, and you're all over it.
Speaker 1: Attorney Doug Brandon, representing Alex Stravinski. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And I'm sure we're going to talk again, but get ready for a dismissal right after the election.
Speaker 4: Sounds good.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me, Bill, God bless you. Let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: Well, the truth will set you free or the truth could imprison you have to appear of all. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WW by Billy cunning in the Great America. And just when you think there's not enough bombshells in the mayor's race and city council, another one blast off, which is the release surreptitiously by someone in the city administration. The Fox nineteens Trisha Macki about a tape five minutes before the so called slap administered by Alex Shrevinsky on the face of one of the felonious criminal defendants. And now it appears the first punch was not thrown by Alex but by one of the other criminal defendants. And everything we've been told about this case is a lie built upon more lies. And we just held head on the attorney for Alex Shravinsky, Doug Brannon, who's the civil rights attorney, who says he's talking millions and millions of dollars at this point because of the City of Cincinnati, impossible criminal charges against the mayor, of the city manager, and the city solicitor for a filing criminal charges against a person based upon their race, not based upon their behavior. Also have another texture from a cop who tells me that the mayor have to appear of all. Was given an opportunity to look at the three c DC tape, which shows that Alex did not begin anything. He was the complete victim, but the mayor didn't want to see it because he fixed in his mind to lie and didn't want facts to or refute it. Joan you and I now is the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, former council member, former head of Double ACP, that being Christopher Smitherman and Chris Smitherman. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Chris, first of all, I assume you've reviewed the tape. What does it show and what does it say about the mayor of the city and many city council members.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess I have reviewed it, Bill, and what it clearly shows is that the African American meal came behind the Russian and punched him first and started to fight. And you know what we are what we have here, which is really sad, is a cover up. And this is a cover up at the highest levels of our government, our city government, with the mayor, with the city manager, with all nine members of council, anyone who held a press conference about this matter, all of them had access to this video if three CDC had it period, and so their narrative and I'm going to speculate on why they pushed this narrative. This is an election. They were trying to manipulate the African American community for their vote. They were trying to paint a narrative that white people downtown in this brawl were responsible, using the in word that they were kicking cars and you heard members of this council say that those who were attacked were deserving of what happened. Specifically Holly and those who were punched in the faith knocked out. Most people thought that she lost her life that night. And you have a mayor who said he would never even speak to the victims. This is what corruption looks like, public and government. This is what it looks like. This is a cover up by the mayor, by members of council, by the city manager. You have members of council say, I got one in the chamber. You got forty eight hours to arrest somebody that is white. This is what was said. And that's the lawyer previously saying his client then was charged. The corruption is somebody in the city's solicitor's office got a phone call demanding that somebody white be arrested or be charged. And that's exactly what happened. I look for the federal government to get involved. I think it's that big, that important because Bill, this went national, This was on CNN, this was on Fox News. This is gonna go national. This is going back national because the national media has got to pick it up and say, look what actually happened. We were rolling this with this narrative, but this is actually what was really happening. And the mayor who's listening. I know the Mayor's office is listening to my voice right now. Why won't he come on your show or any other and explain it. They're all hiding. They all had something to say prior to this video coming out, and they owe the African American community. They owed the right community and explanation because this could have started a race war. We could have had buildings on fire this summer based on this particular incident. The mayor didn't care about it because he's more interested in power. The members of council are more interested in power. They're more interested in their political careers, bill and they are in the city of Cincinnati. This is absolutely shameful. It's worse than the Gang of Five when the FBI came in and was arresting. This is probably one of the worst corruption situations that I've heard, because this could have been explosive. What do you think Western Southern is thinking. Jeff Rupies is thinking, P and T is thinking. Fifth Third is thinking all of our developers that are spending millions of dollars.
Speaker 8: What do you think.
Speaker 5: Otr those developers mohawk that community. What do you think they're all thinking right now? They're investing millions and millions and millions of dollars into our downtown. And this mayor painted and narrative that was so explosive that we could have had a race war in the middle of our downtown.
Speaker 1: Well, Chris Meatherman, I want to focus on the comments. It was council member Scottie Johnson who threatened the city with one in the chamber. When a cop says there's one in a chamber, that means you got forty eight hours to follow these criminal charges. And of course aftab Pure has got to get the African and African American community on his side completely, and so he would do whatever he's told to do by Scottie Johnson, Victoria Parks, Lemon Kearney, Cheryl Long. And he demanded that criminal charges be filed against an innocent person because of the color of their skin, and you got forty eight hours to do it or else. And then, according to attorney Doug Brannon, I just had on the attorney for Alex Schravinsky, he said that the discovery given to him by the city for these criminal charges against his client, who's a victim more than a criminal defendant, was not provided to him in discovery. And so I am certain between the election in December the eighth, when the trial is they're going to drop the criminal charges. But all that does is build up the civil damages against the city and makes them more likely that the mayor and the city manager will be indicted by federal authorities because they use under of state and city law to violate the civil rights based upon someone's race. So, just like the Democrats did in the South against black folks, now it's happening in the city of Cincinnati. Loud and proud and one thing or another. You're gonna have these conversations off to the side in the hallway. But when you call the media in roll the cameras, open up the mics, we're gonna say, loud and proud, we want a white person charged. And when the charges take place, because the involvement at that point of Captain Henny, when he filed the charges and the line officers would not file the charges, and Chief Thichi would not file the charges, they found someone like in the Saturday night massacre to file the charges. That being Captain Henny, who, by the way, is now they're interim police chief.
Speaker 9: The interim police chief is the guy that filed the criminal charges against Stravinsky when he knew or should have known, they were false. What does this say about the city of Cincinnati when they based criminal charges against an innocent person because of race isn't a problem.
Speaker 5: It's a major problem. And anybody at city Hall could have reached out to the investigators and got clarification because they were signaling there wasn't a crime here there. The victim was the victim. They weren't the people that were under They weren't the people that were doing the attack. The investigators kept saying that, so all of this was manufactured. The thing that caught my attention, and I will repeat it again is the third in command when council Member Park said the people down there deserved it. Then when she was asked, hey, did you really mean that? Do you really wanted to rethink what she said? Oh? No, I mean it. They deserved Holly deserved it. The people down there deserved what they got. Whatever her narrative was, there is no question that every member of council involved in this should have known they haven't even held a public hearing to ask any question. No, no, If you have nine members of council to the public, this is our board of directors. They have fired the fire sheet. He's going to get four or five million dollars he was wrongly terminated. Now they've gone in and fired the police chief. She's going to get a mill or two. Now you're talking about a man who was charged wrongfully driven by the mayor, members of council to have somebody arrested, who were looking for a fall guy. They wanted somebody to blame this on. They were trying to manipulate the African American community. I am African American, by the way. They're trying to manipulate us to say, hey, we need to vote democratic. There's something really bad happening downtown. We need the black vote. And this was Mayor pure Ball who was more interested in grabbing the power are to be the mayor. Look, we're in the middle of an election. People are over there at the and they're voting. The jury box is in right now. They have an opportunity to say is this the best of Cincinnati? Look, what do you think the taste of Belgium is thinking right now, who moved out of OTR right because they see crime that was spiking. In the middle of all of this, the mayor kept saying it was our perception, it's our perception. It really wasn't reality. Well, look, community, if it was our perception and crime was really going down, why would you need to fire the police chief. Why would you fire police chief Fiji thirty five years into her career with nothing in her record. This is a problem, Willie, and I tell you this is going to end really badly for all members of council and the mayor. Anybody who has made a public comment about this man, because this man they were calling a racist probably can't get a job anywhere in the United States of America. Meaning to hit the lawyer that just spoke is saying, what do you think the punitive damages are from my client who they went on national news and called a racist. He was the person that instigated this fight. I don't know the reality was everybody knows he now was He was absolutely just a victim. Ding Before you get off here, Willie, listen to this. Yes we have an election. I know we have an election. Yes, vote Smitherman, vote Keating, vote Gooding, vote dree House, vote Cole, vote for anybody other than those who are there, and we will get our city back on track. That's my opinion about it. We've got Corey Bowman who's running from mayor against pure ball. People have a shot. I don't care about what his political persuasion is right now, meaning people are trying to rush us and push this specifically African Americans who might be forty five or forty seven percent of the city. They're trying to push us in these racial corners when the reality of it now everybody he knows that this mayor and this council lie to all of us.
Speaker 1: You know, former ahead of the NAACP, Chris Mitherman. It's possible, and I'm speculating here that former Chief Fiji would not sing to the songs and play the tunes of the mayor and the city manager because she knew the charges of criminal charges against Stravinsky should not have been filed. And so they went all the way down to Captain Henny who did it. And Captain Henny is now rewarded with the chief of Police position.
Speaker 3: And I'd ask you this are African America.
Speaker 1: They're playing the black community like they're stupid, like they don't understand what's going on. Chief Washington is going to get millions of dollars to fire Chief Thief Thiji is gonna get millions of dollars. Now you got Shrevinsky, Uh, you just play the tape. You had state representative representing the state of Ohio, Cecil Thomas.
Speaker 3: You had the mayor, the city manager.
Speaker 1: You had Scottie Johnson, Victoria Parks, lemon Kearney standing up there, Tracy Hunter demanding that a person would be charged based upon the color of their skin when they knew the charges were false. If I'm thieves, I stand up like a tenfold beacon of the night and say I'm not following those charges. And now you got Henny who did file the charges over the objection of the line investigators, a cpde getting rewarded with the chief of police position. And you know I would say this, we're talking ten to twenty million plus. I discussed this with Attorney Doug Brannon. There's criminal charges that may be filed against the mayor, the city manager at all, anyone who knew it was a lie to file false criminal charges against a person because of the color of their skin. That means federal criminal charges. How the mayor could be locked up. He may be like the four or five members of council doing hard time, Daddy. It'll happen after the election. But I ask you, this is the Black.
Speaker 9: Community stupid as the Democrats on council think they are, or as the black community is stupid as the mayor things they are.
Speaker 5: What do you say, African Americans? Our community incredibly intelligent.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: We understand, as those who are watching this video right now, that we were absolutely lied to and that we were manipulated. Give us the opportunity to get the right information. This is something my father used to say to me. Number one, he would say, every white person isn't your enemy, Christopher, and every black person isn't your friend. He would tell me that all the time, right And number two, he would say, African Americans, given the right information, will make the right decision. You can't blame us for not knowing what we didn't know. The video just came out last night. There's some whistleblower out there that is providing this information. There are people that are listening to this radio show right now, Willie, who don't even know what the heck, you and I are talking because they haven't seen the video. The reality of it is, the white citizens down there did not start the fight, right. The reality of it, This was an ambush where people were brutally beat in the middle of the street. They're all vistims of what happened, and they do not represent the African American community. I reject that anybody that would say that the people that were engaging in this abomination represent the African American community because they do not. Right. So, here we have a story where you have city hall manipulating African Americans. You have talk show hosts radio talk show hosts that are manipulating the African American community looking for an outcome and a narrative. You have consultants that are hired by the city manipulating the African American community for their own benefit. This is the problem. This is why I'm asking citizens out there to vote for me. We've got to put people down at city Hall with some dog going to commissense and some experience. We can't talk our way out of this. This is a dewey dewey, Bill Cunningham, this is our community is going to turn right or we're going to turn left. Right, you are my white brother. This is one of the most consequential elections of my lifetime. I'm not exaggerating. We could either turn right here or we can turn left. We now know that our mayor, the city manager, members of council were engaged in absolute corruption. They were hiding this from all of us, Willie Cunningham, and it's.
Speaker 1: A shame hoping it came out after the election. Well, you know, the truth will set us free at times the truth. The truth may imprison the mayor on federal civil rights charges for charging against someone based upon their race. And for those who have suffered discrimination the past to.
Speaker 5: Get a lawyer, Yeah, they better get a lawyer.
Speaker 4: Lawyer up, lawyer, better, lawyer.
Speaker 5: Up, lawyer, get a lawyer right now. Clide Bennett has a tougher case today. He's a good man, but his case just got more complicated. Attorney Fox just has a more complicated case today. But guess what, Guess what the reality is those who are involved in the cover up, their case just went most likely federal. I would not be surprised if the federal government does not come in here and charge this mayor, this manager, this member of Council. All these members of council who were at these threat counferences, the state representatives like Cecil Thomas, were absolutely pushing this narrative around race. This is a civil rights violation against all of those white people that they were down there calling a racist.
Speaker 3: This is outrageis the truth will set us free or the truth will get you in jail once again. Chris Smitherman.
Speaker 5: Vote smith aman At vote Smithman. Follow me on X. I will keep the community updated please on how this thing is going. Please, thank you, brother.
Speaker 3: God bless America.
Speaker 1: Mayor after piraval, you bet to get Clyde Bennett to represent you on news radio seven hundred Auto.
Speaker 7: You if you're not home on Halloween night to give kids candy, you should have somebody come to your house and beat the.
Speaker 8: Hell out of you.
Speaker 7: Sit at home for two hours and hand out.
Speaker 5: Candy, good candy.
Speaker 8: Blurge on the candy. Don't just get the fun size candy, get the big bars. It's two hours out of your life for the kids. People who either sit in their homes, their dark houses and hide or leave so they don't have to hand out candy should be beaten. I don't feel strongly about much. I feel very strongly about that.
Speaker 3: Hello, buy it. I'm broadcasting God, I guess I'm I'm gonna be beaten tonight. Well, yeah, that's the thing. Are you gonna? Are you gonna?
Speaker 9: You're not giving out any candy at all. No, I give advice out. I give little pieces of paper that tell kids what they read the doorbell. They say trick or treat. I say, look, you'll be a great American one day.
Speaker 3: I take it out of here. Got a loss, go and sue your parents, is what I tell them. Get out.
Speaker 1: I hand nothing out. And by the way, I've not hit a trader in twenty years.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, probably they're afraid. Correct. They got to go through the moat, gun to the alligators and in the wine.
Speaker 1: Can't find my house anyway, right, No sidewalks, it's off the road. I have gun turrets, and I have flashing signs saying do not enter You'll be shot.
Speaker 9: Does Penny give the candy out on the porch? Zero in the bunyard? No, what about you segment, I give it give out the fun size.
Speaker 3: Don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: It's not fun. It's half priced. That's why you do it. Get it?
Speaker 9: From Walmart. Probably all things are tough these days. You're telling me telling this thanks to get that government shut down down. By the way, Joe, should I have tap Piraval set up a criminal defense fund. I don't know what that new tape today, the tape good, whoa. It shows that Clyde Bennet is going to be busy. Whoa, It's gonna be real busy representing Scottie Johnson, lemon Kearney.
Speaker 3: Here we go again. Lock them up. Half a council's going back to jail, Lock them up, hang them high.
Speaker 9: Who's who's still in the joint from that one group? Pg's out right, he got the pardon. Uh, the other the other ladies out and she's out.
Speaker 1: What about Pastor He's uh, he's out.
Speaker 9: He's out out. But then this group will just replace this replacement.
Speaker 1: They have a city council wing at the Federal penitentiary. And soon you're gonna have Harmon Parney. You're gonna have Scottie Johnson Victoria Parks. You're gonna have Ryl long A, Tad Pureval and maybe the city solicitor Emily smart Warner, who demanded criminal charges be falsely filed against the person because of the color of their skin.
Speaker 9: What do where? Where do they get that tape from? Can't say? Might have been Thiji.
Speaker 1: Well, revenge of the chief, Revenge, revenge chief.
Speaker 9: You want to come back, we we want to give you a couple of mill and come back.
Speaker 3: Come back. She had ethics, she had morals, she had values.
Speaker 9: Well, heave the stude reporters of pro service of your local temp Star Heating in their conditioninglers teme Star quality you can feel in beautiful Western hills. Call my man Brett Durban at Derbot Heating and Cooling at five one three, five nine eight eighty four forty nine, or go to Derbot Heating at Cooling dot com. What about send Sheldon Brown come out to the house yesterday. Yeah, heats on perfect. I always tell him, look a holiday you could? I tell him I get nothing for nothing. I want to be charged for what they do to me. In fact, double it. I want to pay more money. I bet you're cheap, aren't you? I bet you're cheap. Lear's Prime Market brought brought our lunch today Willy the Beef Noodle at Beefnoodle Show. Beef Barley Well excellent, excellent, Deluxe Deli located in beautiful downtown Milford. Learsprime dot Com. Lear's Prime always a cut above. You think Captain Henny was promoted because he played the tune sung by the mayor?
Speaker 3: Is that why he's the interim chief?
Speaker 1: Because he signed the false criminal charges against against Alex Stravinsky? Is that the reason we have an interim chief?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 3: The reason segment what do you say? Bengals update?
Speaker 9: Will he brought you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Joe Flacco spoke to the media about an hour ago, got his shoulder injury, says he's feeling good. The Bengals say he's questionable for Sunday against the Bears. Yes or no, but he says, I think he's going.
Speaker 1: When's the last time the Bengals were an underdog at home against the lowsy team?
Speaker 9: Do I have to tell you that there are reports that Bengals are open to trading Logan Wilson number fifty five from University of Wyoming, not the Cowboys, but they the Cowboys in Wyoming, Wyoming Cowboy. Yeah, I'm a University of Wyoming. Yeah, did Cowboys yeah, it was locally to the Cowboys. Yeah care Tom Browning went, wasn't it? And he from Wyoming? He's dead, I know, but he was from there. No, I'm looking up. I'll look it up. College football MS seventeen Cincinnati Bearcats at number twenty four Utah Tomorrow night, nine to fifteen PM here on seven hundred W.
Speaker 1: It's hard going to do the Bengals game on Sunday and time correct. What about Tony Pike? Is he's still working? They'll get there too, Yeah, he is soccer. It is Sunday, it's game two of that first round playoff series. Hell is real with FC Cincinnati now Sunday at Columbus FCC up one game to nil. Seg I want to sit here money with you. FCC clinches. Secondly Bengals win. Then we got the bye week coming up, right, and Joe Burrow is walking around with a boot free leg. There's a chance you may come back around Thanksgiving. And I'm saying at that point, there's hope.
Speaker 9: FC Cincinnati action Sunday at six on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. What about the reds now You got the let's see, you got the high school action all around the tri State tonight.
Speaker 3: What about it?
Speaker 9: Who's Who's Ohio Indiana playoffs and the Kentucky has the finishing up regular season action tonight, six o'clock, ESPN fifteen thirty, Fox Sports thirteen.
Speaker 3: Do you believe in America segment? Yes? Please continue?
Speaker 9: College basketball exhibition play last night in Lexington.
Speaker 3: Is it Georgetown College?
Speaker 9: No, Georgetown Hoya's knockoff number nine Kentucky eighty four to seventy at rupp Arena, crises, Big Blue Nation.
Speaker 3: Not happy the Pope maybe in a froct That's.
Speaker 9: A UK's first defeat in the preseason game since two thousand and two, and their first exhibition loss in eleven years. It's been twenty three years since they lost at home to Nobody College hockey. There was red red hot Miami RedHawks at six and oh are back in action tonight and tomorrow against Arizona State Baseball World World Series Game six tonight north of the Border.
Speaker 3: I think Yamamoto is gonna win tonight. Blue Jay's up three to two over the Dodgers. In the name of the General, the admiral that attacked Pearl Harbor. You know his last name? Yes? What was it?
Speaker 1: Yamamoto? Is this his grandson? I don't know, because he attacked Pearl Harbor December. Were almost killed your.
Speaker 3: And you wouldn't be here. Look what happened.
Speaker 1: All they did was awaken the sleeping and giant and fill it with a terrible resolve.
Speaker 9: They dropped what big boy on two different big boy right on top of him.
Speaker 3: They call him Dolly and mister big Boy.
Speaker 9: High School Sports Thomas Worthington got by Mount Notre Dame last night in the field hockey semi finals.
Speaker 3: One nill. I don't believe it. Let's see good luck to cove Caath.
Speaker 9: The boys play for the state soccer championship tomorrow at four Highlands. The girls play for the title tomorrow at seven seg.
Speaker 1: What if you're a city official demanding that false charges be fouled against a person because of the color of their skin.
Speaker 3: Is that a problem?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 9: Please continue, Let's see what else? Oh, you're you're talking about tonight's Yamamoto. You know tonight's Deer Park and Anna. The Anna Rockets today near Minster seven and five. The park is five and five, So Anna is seven and five.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: I'm taking Deer Park to beat Anna? And where do they play? The game at Anna, but Deer Park travels well Hamilton and Lakota West tonight in Ohio. Also Roger Bacon and Wyoming, Mason and Fairfield and Oak Hills and Lakota East. Now in Indiana Sectionals action, you got Lawrenceburg and Franklin County. Let's see Franklin Community up against East Central Indian Creek and Madison the home of the hydroplanes, and Mylin will take on Eastern Green. By the way segment, I have Mindy Robertson coming up from Deer Park in about an hour to break down the levee coming up and also the game with Anna to see how deer Park can beat Anna at Anna.
Speaker 9: Well, you know we also got Andy Mack coming back at two thirty. Is Mindy Robertson related to Oscar Robertson, I don't think so. Is Yamamoto pitching for the Dodgers related to Admiral Yamamoto? Go to ancestry dot com and find don't be the grandson correct I don't know. Go to ancestry dot com and ask him, and then let's see Andy at breaks it down to two thirty. Because college basketball begins in earnest Monday.
Speaker 1: And namat will breakdown Xavier. Can you name one player for Xavier? No, get me out of the students report.
Speaker 9: Also, will we say a special birthday shout out today to the one and only Dave Snyder, the ex director of vertical operations at both Riverfront Stadium and a stooge emeritus.
Speaker 3: So this guy was the director of vertical operations. Ran the elevator. He ran the elevator.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he called himself the director correct, vertical operation got to have a title in life.
Speaker 1: He ran, He ran the elevator, right, the guy? I remember how many elevator operators? Do you recall one? Dave was the only one. He made my day whenever we went there.
Speaker 3: It was fun.
Speaker 9: And Gary was at the at Great American Ballpark along with his brother. Should should state government file false charges based upon race? Something's going to happen millions and millions and possibly the imprisonment of aft have pure of all will as a taba crook?
Speaker 3: I am not a crook? What does he say?
Speaker 9: Richard Nixon said that a little while ago, so is purabile, and Fiji's a hero because she would not buckle under and commit criminal acts for the mayor segm man, get me out of the STUDI report.
Speaker 3: Will he Everybody have a hoppy Halloween.
Speaker 9: Everybody stay safe out there, watch for the little ghouls and goblins tonight as they get their candy. And who released the tape? You no, Fiji? Maybe it was the White House, hope, maybe it was Smitherman. Trump, Donald He's responsible, He's back, He's back.
Speaker 3: We leave you with the immortal words of the stud Report.
Speaker 8: Flourge on the candy. Don't just get the fun size candy, get the big bars.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm a loser. I'll be beaten tonight because I'm giving out no candy to anybody. Coming up next to Leland vinter about autism and more a news radio seven hundred WuW all right, Billy Cunningham, the Great American. Of course, much happening nationally with the shutdown that continues over the objections of laboring unions and the airlines and so much more. And if this thing continues until Thanksgiving or after Thanksgiving and all real, all hell's going to break loose. It's almost as if the Democrats care more about destroying Donald Trump and loving the country. Also, we have the elections in Virginia New Jersey and so much more joining you and I as one of the stars of News Nation. Leland Vintage and Leland welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Leland Vindt. I had you on about three or four weeks ago with the launch of your book Born Lucky, in which you relate to the American people that you were born autistic and did not know about it until you were like eighteen nineteen years old. The troubles, the difficult as you went through, but the Renaissance, the resurrection of Leland Vindert after that discovery, and the fact that your parents provide did you the tools to deal with a harsh world. So before we talk about the politics of the day, what's been the reaction nationally to Born Lucky? The book is doing great, but more importantly, it's doing good. Can you explain to the American people?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's the real point here, Bill is not ow well it's doing in terms of sales, but the hundreds of emails I have gotten now from families of kids having a hard time, not just autism but ADHD anxiety. One parent whose kid had a nut allergy emailed me about this message of Born Lucky of the power of parents, the power of great parenting, and the hope that every parent had that they could make an enormous difference in their child's life. And when I was diagnosed at five or six years old, my parents were told there was not much they could do. Obviously, my dad then said, we'll see about that and work to adapt me to the world rather than the world to me. But that message is resonating right now for a good reason because nobody is saying it. Nobody is telling parents how much power they have. So Born Lucky is that message. It's available on Amazon wherever you get books, Born Lucky dot com to find it, and we're going to have some more stuff coming along of resources for parents who need this message, who need to hear what they can do. It's not a how to book, but it's a story that will give so many parents hope.
Speaker 1: When you were finally diagnosed, I guess it was a late nineteen eighties may I say, ADHD and autism wasn't a thing in the media.
Speaker 3: It was something that was hidden.
Speaker 1: Were you hit the lottery when with the power ball when it came to parents, but you were not notified, You were not told by your parents you had autism for about another ten years. Did you feel as if you were not told the truth by your parents or was that a positive? I would think if someone has a condition and you're not told about it for until you're eighteen or nineteen years old, was is that a print or failure or was that a parental assistance?
Speaker 4: It was an enormous assistance for a couple of reasons. One, it meant that I was not going to be defined by my diagnosis. My parents didn't tell me. They didn't tell school, they didn't tell therapists, they didn't tell anybody. My dad, rather than trying to make the world easy, chose the hard path and allowed the world to be hard, but then worked with me day in, day out to hold my hand through the adversity. But number two, it meant that I could never use my diagnosis as an excuse, and that's so important in my story, that I never could fall back on, oh, well, you know I'm autistic, so I can't do that, or that excuses this kind of behavior or whatever else. So those two things combined is what I really credit for being able to enjoy whatever success I have.
Speaker 3: Well, Mark vetter Di and Carol vetter mom and dad. They were the key.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking, how many kids out there have some sort of disability of one type or another that don't have parents like Mark Vitdtert and Carol Vittert.
Speaker 3: What do you say? What do you say to them?
Speaker 1: Because everyone's not a superstar, everyone's not the father of the year.
Speaker 4: Well everybody's not, but they can be. You know, every father can engage, every parent can engage. And I think one of the reasons people don't is they're sort of told like not going to make that much of a difference, or let the experts handle it. And born lucky is the proof of what really great parenting can do. And you know, my dad was fortunate he was able to take a step back from his job and not, you know, not work to really focus on me. But I asked him, I said, you know, what would you have done if you had to work every day? And he said, I would have worked the night chefs because, in his words, he said, I knew your only chance was for me to be there every morning and every night, which, by the way, was true. And you're right, not every parent can you know, not every parent is my dad, but my dad writes the app the word, and every parent can lean in, every parent can be their kid's best friend and hold their hand through the adversity rather than taking it away.
Speaker 1: Your dad permitted, in a sense, you to be brutalized in school. Kids can be awful as far as and you were out of step, out of whack, you were at times reclusive, you were difficult communication skills, and you went through a living hell for ten to fifteen years. Why didn't the teachers or others intervene?
Speaker 4: Well, well, look, the teachers actually got in on it a lot of times.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: One of the stories in Born Lucky is the art teacher in eighth grade looking at me in front of the entire class and saying, hey, that it If my dog was as ugly as you, I'd shave its rear end and make it walk backwards. Okay, that's an art class with all the paintings around, supposed to be like a nice little art class. I wasn't going to become Picasso. So he didn't use rear end either, by the way, but that is you know that if you magine if the teachers were doing that, what the kids were doing it. But my dad realized that the world was not going to make accommodations for you later in life as well, start learning then how to live in the real world. And obviously it's helped me now. My wife, who I'm looking at right now would probably say that there's some work still needed to be done.
Speaker 3: Yes, no question, but yeah.
Speaker 4: But you know we're actually we're out in California. Bill, is you know I got up early for you and for your listeners at eight o'clock in the morning. I think that I think there are even two or three things that I can improve on.
Speaker 3: No question.
Speaker 1: But to have a teacher in front of a class say to a student with special needs, yeah, a dog's ass is better than you, I can imagine the laughing of the other students and the pointing at leader bit or it's it's unbelievable, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: But the moren lucky story is a story of hope for every parent of a kid having a hard time. And as I said, I'm just so honored by how many parents are coming along on this journey with me. A No, Bill, I thought, in this divided time, and I know we're going to get to politics because it was divided, but in this divided time. I thought there were gonna be people who are going to not like this story. But I have been on shows from yours and Steve Bannon's on the right, to Joe Scarborough and Mike Nellis on the left. Okay, it doesn't get more more divided than that, and they all have come together and said, this is a story that will change parents' lives and change kids' lives.
Speaker 1: Hope teachers and counselors can learn from it. Now it's more upfront than it was. I would assume your parents were ashamed. So many fathers are so proud of their son they live vicariously through them. But your father turned that pain into grace and as a consequence, I'm speaking to you. Let's move on to politics. You said last not on News Nation, it's time to go nuclear. I don't think literally, but figuratively. What do you mean nuclear? Because now the president wants to set off nuclear weapons. But you didn't mean that kind of nuclear.
Speaker 4: Correct, Well, there have been two things right. We've said that it was the the government shutdown was going to go nuclear, meaning that Republicans may use the nuclear option, which is to break the filibuster in the Senate and just go to fifty votes. We've been talking about that now for ten twelve days, and President Trump talked about it last night. So you know, one of the things we like to point out to our viewers and your listeners is why they watch, which is because we're normally ahead of the game of showing what's going to happen, not just what is happening. But so President Trump called for the Senate to use the nuclear option, and then also the nuclear testing that President Trump says is going to happen. I don't know, you know, it was unclear as to whether that meant actually having things go boom or just testing more weapons. So that is the that kind of is still to be determined. And I think probably the strategic ambiguity is something the President wanted and wanted to keep. But I guess the question would be, why wouldn't we be testing these weapons. Why wouldn't we be showing our adversaries of what would come upon them if they continue to bully the world and act poorly.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about I had a call last night from US senator asking me, how's this playing in the middle in the middle of the country. How's it looking, and I told him, essentially, most Americans I talk with and talk to say, you know, it's no big deal unless you're getting food stamps or Snap benefits EBT card. But he also said to me that the Democrats have told him in the Senate that there has to be an off ramp for Chuck Schumer. That Schumer cannot surrender. At this point, he can't say I was wrong, I'm sorry about that. Let's open the government. The Republicans have to give the Democrats Schumer an off ramp to make it look as if he's got a win. I mean, Schumer is saying another Democrats, look, I can't capitulate. I can't surrender. I got to win something. And so the Republicans, according to this one Republican senator and told me, we have to give Chuck Schumer a win. Are you hearing similar things?
Speaker 4: I have not heard that we have to give Schumer a win thing. And you know the flip side of that is is you don't give hostage takers a win. Now. Is it possible that there's Republicans who want to do that? Yes, I don't know. I it's very difficult to see sort of how this meanders for we know that it's going to have to we know that it's going to have to come to a head the government shutdown, and I think how it's playing in the Middleville, I'll push back on that. When you are gonna have stories every week or every day more accurately on the morning news and the evening news about food pantries running dry and parents not being able to feed their kids, that that upsets Americans, not just people who are getting the benefits, because we don't have that in America. That's why we're That's why America is great is because we take care of the neediest among us. And that's a universal thing for Republicans and for Democrats. So I don't agree that it's not affecting people. And the air traffic control stuff is, you know, frosting people, because again, you know, we as Americans, like we believe that if you work in honest day's work as an air traffic controller, you should get an honesty's pay, if not hard. So I think this is going to come to a head, and I'm wondering if the Democrats just still sort of declare victory and say and that's kind of what I've gotten not exactly from my sources, but sort of a roundabout way of them saying, look, we've we've made our point, we've made healthcare the top issue right now in discussion, and we're not going to be the ones to allow evil Republicans to hurt people, so therefore we'll vote to reopen the government. That's probably sort of what you're going to hear. And the win they just be that, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Leyland vendor.
Speaker 1: Maybe the election in New Jersey. If Cinderelli actually wins, that'll be a precipitating factor between now and then. EBT cards have to be loaded tomorrow. You maybe you've seen out of the Columbus Dispatch in Ohio that they're boarding up Dollar General stores and fear of a riot on Saturday or Sunday with literal boards going up. The city mayor got involved in Columbus, about one hundred miles from here and said, you know, that's a bad look. Take down those boards. There's a fear that Walmart. There's a story maybe on News Nation, it might have been on Newsmaxs that talked about Walmart's going to have to close some stores because of the lack of income and a fear, and maybe that's a factor, but maybe the election. I don't see this going in anything past three or four more days. Would you agree the government TSA is metastasizing the average Americans. There's two million Americans every day that's in the air, two million Americans that are saying we can't take it anymore. One can argue, and Tony Bender, my producer, does argue. Make this point that in the nineteen seventies, one in fifty Americans are on food stamps. Today it's one in eight. And we know that a good chunk of the food stamps go to legal immigrants. I've seen the listing of the countries get food stamps. In some communities, food stamps and EBT cards are like currency sold for fifty cents on the dollar. To me, that's the secondary issue. We have a great freestore food bank in Cincinnati. People come in, they get fed. I love that, But they have the government doing it means there's massive fraud going on. But I say, first of all, open up the government, load up the EBT cars.
Speaker 3: We deal with a fraud later. Do you agree?
Speaker 4: I think that's going to be where we're at. And look, I had a woman on Elizabeth Kiever from Kansas who runs a big food bank in Kansas. God bless her. The world needs and more people like her. And you know what I tell you? You know, I asked her, I said, what's it like to tell families I'm sorry, we don't have enough food for your family? What do you say? Because that's what's happening because the EBT, cars are running out, food pressures are going up. I coined the term yesterday grocery bill voters, this is a real issue, and she just the emotion melted out of her when I said that. So I think we're quickly getting to a point where reopening the government and more importantly, helping people who are really hurting right now are going to be really hurting. Can you imagine bill like people? You know the news stories in a week when there's people saying I'm not going to be able to afford Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 1: Right, it'll end. And I agree with the Trump So there's lots of people that shouldn't get it, but the great majority of people need it badly. And we're a great country because we're a good country, and a good country just not let its citizens go hungry. Leland Viditt. We got to run Born Lucky. Every parent with a kid with a special need out to get Born Lucky and just kind of look at what Mark did for Leland and it's the story of grace and Leland verdict. Once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And I'll be watching tonight. Thank you Leland.
Speaker 4: Always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Bill, Thank you, God bless you. Let's continue with more. I know Tony Bender feels differently than I do about this. We do need reform. Those that are hungry must be fed. But EBT cards cannot be a currency. But let's open up the government and then later on fix the system. Bill Cunningham, there's radio seven hundred.
Speaker 3: Wow. I believe Cunningham must continue.
Speaker 1: And and Leland Viddert is interesting because I did not know until about six months ago that he is autistic. And it's because of the book Born Lucky, and you can get the book read about it. But if you have a special needs child that you need help and rearing, especially ADHD or maybe autism, and that is the roadmap to how to become a functioning parent, giving you a functioning child, and teachers that treat students as if they're so weird and unusual, then he'd be called out in front of the class for ridicule that the eighth grade teacher of Leland Viddert should be expelled if she hasn't been already from the world of teaching, because that is despicable.
Speaker 3: So let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: And by the way, according to Andy Mack and many others, University of Cincinnati is a ten and a half point underdog at Utah, the home of the Mormons. And also the Bengals are a two and a half point dog at home against the Bears, and so one cannot imagine that Joe Flacco is going to put up much of that. I would hope that Zach Shula would have that as a bulletin board material, that the Chicago Bears, who stink just got manhandled by the Ravens, are going to be a favorite against our beloved Bengals in pay Horse Stadium. Even segment's upset about that. Let's continue with more also coming up later as Mindy Robertson of Deer Park Community Schools that Mac cares deeply about about the bond Levy coming up on Tuesday. Mindy Oscar Robertson will be here in about fifteen or twenty minutes. But until then, News at you, Home of the Reds and Bengals and Bearcats, News Radio seven hundred ww McKnight.
Speaker 3: We'll throw it in looking for an open teammate. Lobs it in, Caught on the wing by Foster.
Speaker 9: Here's Swain, top of the key to Fremantle wide open three.
Speaker 3: It is no good.
Speaker 9: Cincinnati wins sixty eight to sixty five.
Speaker 3: Order is restored. Welcome back to Clifton. The mythical Cross Town Championship has taken ways. What a great game.
Speaker 5: He hello, Quiet, and I'm spokes I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 3: You know, Mac.
Speaker 1: You see seldom wins to crossdown shootout. They won that game because they took out Freemantle Pearl Harbor style.
Speaker 3: Is that fair to say?
Speaker 10: I would say, Willie, that's an accurate and very objective view of that game. It was in hockey terms. He was slew footed with three minutes left.
Speaker 3: And he was limping.
Speaker 10: Then want to kick his leg out? He landed on his tailbone. Has any other human would have been done for the year. Free Freeman came back in two weeks and led Zavy to a thirteen and seven mark and the indomitable, biggiest indomitable, and now he's in the NBA plan for the lax indomitable.
Speaker 9: Now Mack breakdown, xavior sake? Can you name one player March Monday? Well the season you're not a politician, name one player as a like city council, name one a player and Xavier, don't don't get the list.
Speaker 3: Don't get the list. You can't name any This guy's gonna be really good. Ronald Anderson the third? Where's he from? Roddy Anderson? He was actually a red Shirt.
Speaker 9: Miller brought him in from Blach State and looked to him to be his for the next two years, but unfortunately Miller abdicated the throne and went to Texas. What about that old Benedict Arnold move? Faithful was not happy about Sean Miller's that fairness.
Speaker 10: You know, I would put him in all five of Hillary Clinton's buckets of deplorables after the move he made.
Speaker 3: And I loved.
Speaker 9: I love the guy. Great coach, great guy, great guy. Great whoa counted for two? Smashed home on the left side, beautiful past.
Speaker 10: Who Philip Borovician? Here's he from? He's from Servia? Actually the Xavior roster features six different countries plus the state of Alaska. It's like the un like this Olympics, this is an eclectic and international group. And we may have coming in on that comet from outside the Solar system.
Speaker 3: There may be a seven to two guy who's an over has passed the walker John H. Robertson, get ready to watch a lot of us this year.
Speaker 10: That's Anthony Robinson from the University of Virginia six' ten two fifty two bill like a.
Speaker 1: Battleship and by the, way we Have Mindy robertson coming up later related To Oscar robertson From Deer. Park but who's more? Unpopular Brian kelly and l S u Or Sean miller At.
Speaker 10: Xavier Sean miller is, LIKE i don't, know for something like Public enemy number one on cash Plit ptel's a top ten most wanted.
Speaker 3: List but what about For Whitey? Bulger, yes, okay what About Brian? Kelly what about? Him he's how the hell would ls you ever hire that guy to begin?
Speaker 5: WITH i mean.
Speaker 3: He's a non, Started he's a non.
Speaker 9: Laughing all the way To Epstein's island with forty eight million dollars fifty four. Million form excuse me fifty four carry the one run them along with the Former prince andrewst strip By king naked By.
Speaker 1: Chas how about? That Not luken but The, king the Real. King breakdown The xavier team because we're gonna get on. LATER i think we're gonna have on THE uc faithful. Later Dan horde is gonna break. DOWN u, see but Didn't kentucky just lose To Georgetown college In, Georgetown.
Speaker 10: KENTUCKY i believe so lawyers in our league has been anointed like number four in the. Country they almost lost The Washburn division two team and an Exhibition xavier do in the preseason back, well you.
Speaker 3: Know it was a learning experience for the. Boys learning. Experience they lost To Bury.
Speaker 9: State but The Racers Surry state has a bunch of. Money they brought the seven footer down From.
Speaker 10: CREIGHTON i don't believe they got and That John, moranta THE nba guy who went To, murray drew a bunch of money into the N I L kitty down. There and Then xavier did lose a tight one through The Toledo. Rockets where you.
Speaker 5: Want the lot OF.
Speaker 1: LOSTO i Love toledo and Plays Deer, Park tonight Plays, Ada ada Man menster and is It?
Speaker 3: Anna?
Speaker 9: Ada And anna are any? Good and seven and five The home of The. Rockets say get me into The Stooge, report?
Speaker 3: Please will?
Speaker 9: He The Stooge report is the proud service of your local Tame star he air conditioning dealers temp star quality you could feel in Southeastern indiana Called Joe eckstein at X Stein heating And cool to get eight, one, two, nine three to. Two twenty twenty Six sports looks Like willy The, Bengals Joe? Flacco what about the media by the shoulder injury? Today The bengals having listed is? Questionable, Mac what do you say About Joe?
Speaker 3: Flacco?
Speaker 10: WACKO i Love Joe, flacco BUT i can't Believe can you believe the look That browning gave down the sidelines When flacco went into the dressing.
Speaker 3: Room come, back please get, back not, me give me my?
Speaker 1: Clipboard what About cliff for the big red dog from Sant axe and third string quarterback for The. Bengals maybe pulling it like A Tom Brady is that? POSSIBLE i think it's very. Possible, well the elder people are, undefeated and they.
Speaker 11: Are they're.
Speaker 10: Bullish they're gonna beat some team From Northeastern. Ohio whoever's big up. There the, elder they're, Unbeatable. Elder they beat the watched. IT i watched this. Slaughter mo was like The gladiators and The elder was like The. Lions not. Good please, continue.
Speaker 9: There are, Reports willie The bengals are open to Trading Logan wilson By november.
Speaker 3: Fourth mack your.
Speaker 9: Reaction Logan wilson has given his body for The Cincinnati, yeah he.
Speaker 3: Donated he tackles a. Year donated a. GUY i would stay loyal to. HIM i met him and his.
Speaker 10: Wife at least he's gonna have a fighting chance of tackling Somebody VISA vi those running backs from The jets the other. DAY a simple toss sweep right goes thirty yards the guy who hasn't even.
Speaker 1: Touched the worst defense The bengals have had this centuries right now is if that this is a mystery To Duke tobin.
Speaker 3: Segment please Continue.
Speaker 9: College football tomorrow, night will you sit number Seventeen Cincinnati bearcats look to make it eight in a row on the twenty fourth Rated UTAH.
Speaker 10: I love that soorsby quarterback and the big running back and the little quick, guy quick, guy great, coming and then they get The godfather in the, middle And i'm all.
Speaker 3: Feat to see.
Speaker 10: FOOTBALL i think they can win The big twelve real and make the. PLAYOFFS i think if you're Really, UTAH i mean you're down twenty points up there At utah automatically because of the, referees the official stink unbelievable and.
Speaker 1: Sores be played for The. Bengals he's gonna be eight o'clock in the Morning. Sunday be, Back i'd, say and bring him.
Speaker 3: In break.
Speaker 10: Here it comes off the charter from The utah victory and goes right in and plays The.
Speaker 1: Bears please backup will Be Tony. Pike Tony pike can still? Play is he working here?
Speaker 9: Now yeahs Soccer sunday it's game two of the first round playoff series With hell is. Real, Yes fitty At, Columbus, YES i see leads at one Game nils on, O'clock Fox. Spoilsports you haven't done here is. Soccer you only have a proud season ticket. Holder i've been going to the good stuff THE fcc game since The Nippert. DAY i love it and The columbus. Crew i'm drinking beer down at The Queen City radio before the.
Speaker 3: Game hell is. Reel last year they threw a smoke bomb and into my my six pack of.
Speaker 4: Cores that.
Speaker 3: Degenerates they're all. Degenerates.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable saga's out in, Sports, yes Sir, mack you got one minute Breakdown Zager.
Speaker 3: Basketball they've got some. Talent they've got very receivable coach And Richard.
Speaker 10: Fatino they have A mexican guy by the name Of All, rights who's a transfer From. Valpo was like all freshmen.
Speaker 3: In the in The alpo that's a food that's don't shoot. It and he's going to play for The mexican national team in The Phoebe fever. World and you say That? Mexican can you say That?
Speaker 9: Mexican excuse me, whatever whatever the politically correct.
Speaker 3: Term and he's From.
Speaker 10: Alpo Best valpolo dog, Food no, No, No Trey carroll their best, player number, twelve power forward out In.
Speaker 9: Florida atlantic played on their final fourteen two years. Ago they started last, long, strong very good double. Double you have hope For. SAVIOR i have a lot of. HOPE i think it's going to be a bit of a process as they. Process it's like it'll be a.
Speaker 1: Process, okay, Yes mike will break it down later with The crosstown, shootout, which by the, way what is the date this?
Speaker 3: Year do we? Know that'll Be december?
Speaker 10: Fifth that's sentas where THE u see bear boor cats or cat?
Speaker 9: One since your two.
Speaker 10: Thousand and One Glynn Huggs hugs was, coaching was. Coaching they Spraying David west's. Ankles they sprained his ankle on. Purpose that's why you see one the boorcats. Segment give me out On stude. Report Many roberson coming up From Deer Park Community schools.
Speaker 9: Will he everybody have a Happy, halloween stay safe out there and have a good. Weekend we leave you with the immortal words of The Stood.
Speaker 7: Report if you're not home On halloween nights to give kids, candy you should have some to come to your house and beat the hell out of. You sit at home for two hours and hand out, candy good. Candy blurge on the. Candy don't just get the fun size, candy get the big.
Speaker 8: Bars it's two hours out of your life for the. Kids people who.
Speaker 7: Either sit in their, homes their dark, houses at hide anymore or leave so they don't have to hand out.
Speaker 3: Candy should be.
Speaker 5: BEATEN i don't.
Speaker 8: Feel strongly about. MUCH i feel very strongly about.
Speaker 3: That i'll be.
Speaker 9: Beaten i'll be beaten. To the boat won't be, home it won't be. Home, Yeah i'm handing out. Advice i'm gonna give out.
Speaker 3: CANDY i give out.
Speaker 1: Advice on news radio seven HUNDRED Wlw Bright billy Cunning Indigrant. American there are many levees on the ballot For. Tuesday there's some school levees that are critically, needed and some other institutions are seeking additional. Funding On monday Or, tuesday we're going to have on many of the candidates and also The secretary Of State Frank. Larrose but until, Then Mandy Robertson Mendy robertson is the superintendent assistant superintendent of schools In Deer Park Community, schools WHICH i love so, dearly and they have a levy up On, tuesday which is critical for passage And Mendy robertson. WELCOME i think for the first time The Bill cunningham show as the assistant, superintendent tell The american people what is on the. Ballot then, secondly why is it? Needed but first of, all what's on the.
Speaker 4: Ballot that's.
Speaker 11: Great thank you so much for having. Me as you, know you've been very intimately involved In Deer Park, schools especially the last ten, years and the great things that we're doing with our. Schools the last ten, years we were able to save about four million dollars just from grants and private funding of our turf. Field we have a private donor that's been paying for our students to have drivers'. Education we've had over three million dollars brought in in the last four or five years from, grants one in particular with Our Career Tech Education equipment grant that allowed us to redo and renovate our advanced manufacturing classroom to get our students work. Ready we've had some high dosage tutoring, Grants art and humanities, grants and some other academic.
Speaker 2: Grants but to.
Speaker 11: Explain the funding, piece sixty five percent of our local taxes go to school.
Speaker 2: Districts the last.
Speaker 11: Five, years neither the state nor the federal government has increased funding for, schools and actually it's starting to. Decrease federal government is starting to cut some title funds that support various groups of our, students like our special needs, Students english language, Students so we're heavily reliant on the local. Taxpayer, unfortunately on the levee that we're.
Speaker 4: Asked go, ahead go, ahead, please the levee.
Speaker 11: That we're asking for would cost our local taxpayer about twenty dollars and thirteen cents a, month or about sixty seven cents a, day.
Speaker 3: Dollars a, month twenty dollars a. Month that's.
Speaker 11: It that is it to create an investment in our.
Speaker 1: Students, yeah and another important part is the value of us homes In Dylan Vale Sycamore township in Deer, park the city thereof has skyrocketed the past three to five, years partially because of the value of Deer park.
Speaker 3: Schools.
Speaker 11: Correct, absolutely people want to move to a school district that is high, performing and we are just continue to rise and.
Speaker 1: Grow one other issue is that difficult days were coming because it's obvious The feds in the state aren't going to, help and so a home school grade school was sold and for great. Profits so this thing has been managed to pass three to five years in a frugal. Fashion and, secondly Deer park faithful have stepped up to handle many of the other, expenses but at some, point the amount of money's involved, here the taxpayer's got to do. It what value do you have living In Deer Park community schools that may not be president in other school.
Speaker 11: Districts, well we're asking you to invest in our community who invest in your.
Speaker 2: Children if you don't.
Speaker 11: Have children in the school, district we're asking you to pay it forward for your, community because only positive things will come from a community that supports their. Schools some of the things that we've been able to provide to our students are opportunities for. Internships industry recognize credentials which are truly recognized by, businesses and they're able to obtain these while in. School we're actually creating some revenue from having students complete those. Credentials so we're trying to find some creative ways to continue to support our. Funding and then we have a lot of opportunity for student employment while they're in. School we have a strong business partnerships with companies Like Cincinnati Air, CONDITIONING Tp, Mechanical Mercy, health and this Is Deer park's response to the employment crisis on the horizon for the state Of ohio and we want to make sure that our students are future ready for that competitive.
Speaker 1: Employment and many roberts AND i attended about six months ago a great event at the High school In Deer park where you had secured a grant through The Wine administration that are teaching kids specific skills necessary in order to function in a world of the future without going to college and taking on those additional. Expenses middle class kids doing middle class. Jobs and You Mini robertson and also are Superintendent Jim stall has been critical and getting that money in so this isn't.
Speaker 3: All this is all hands on deck Come.
Speaker 11: Tuesday, correct, absolutely and we've been very fiscally responsible with the finances that we. Obtained we won The auditor of The state award for five years consecutively and potentially previous to that as.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Well if you're a young, family if you're a man or a woman wanting to get it value and wanting to get into a great walkable community with good, schools It's Deer, Park Miny. Robertson is there a WEBSITE i can send people.
Speaker 11: To, Yes Our Deer Park schools has a Website deerparkschools dot. Org if you want to see more about our.
Speaker 1: Schools now's the, time and now's the outer step. Forward two thirds of the funding comes from the local property. Tax many have stepped forward to assist in other, ways but it's required now that the taxpayer step. Up Many robertson give my best to all the wildcats In Deer. Park and May god bless, You god Bless Chris, euster And god bless The american. People thank you very, much thank you very, much thank. You i'm, many thank you. All let's continue with more news coming. Up you're home at The Bengals News radio seven HUNDRED wlw