Speaker 1: I grab one in any of our cafe and events, or anytime you see the KFE and Street team this summer. Then redeem it at Mall of America for discounts and exciting prizes. Check out the upcoming events at Cafe dot com cured calendar.
Speaker 2: Oh, good morning, everybody that's partre Morning Show. Thanks to all the good people at the Chant has some dinner. Theater wrabbed me down last night again for guys and dolls. I remember my lines and uh had a little bit of a New York accent last night, gangst accent. I went out. I walked out to the front of the stage as the MC of the Hot Box, and I says, hey, are you doing? How are you doing?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: You basically just Joey Tribiani from Friends.
Speaker 2: Are you doing?
Speaker 4: Good for you?
Speaker 2: Hugs well, grand finale of the evening, The Dot Box is a proud to present Miss Adelaide in a Hot Box thumb wreck.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good. Yeah, that is good. Your thank you? How you doing? It's me meat Sauce.
Speaker 2: You're not allowed to be meat sauce. You're playing the hot Yeah you're not an actor.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's me. I'm here at the hot bogs we got.
Speaker 5: I think it's a Dell, but it's Adelaide's singing songs here at the hot box.
Speaker 2: That you said bye, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's offensive, sorry somebody.
Speaker 2: So anyway, thank you, and uh I grow see that show. It's great. And man, the chicken chan is delicious. It's the best meal in the Twin Cities. I'm not exaggerating. I love it. I love that.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: It's just a it's like a it's chicken with some kind of stuffing in the middle of it with hollandais sauce over it. Man, hollandays sauce. My right, So thank you everybody, chance hassen. What a great place. We're so lucky to have it. You know what I'm gonna do for you, Parker? What's that You and I are going to double date? Okay, and by that I mean just you and I are going.
Speaker 4: He's gonna bring more I've never been. I'd love to go, dude.
Speaker 2: It's so cool. Yeah, and he's the next show that's up out there too. Okay, Okay, bye, you.
Speaker 4: Meet Sacio brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They just decided to close the program. They're not doing guys. They shut down just because of you.
Speaker 4: That's sad.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: This is News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 2: You got that right, Thank you to the Saint Paul Saints. They're playing baseball down in Saint Paul. Go to Saints baseball dot Com. Get out the chs field and let's see some baseball ladies. Naim and we haven't done a power trip day out there yet. We need to get down that. The summer's getting away from us July. Yeah, well right now, it's double play five K today July first, which is to it's theeeachest field Saints Baseball dot come get on down there if you would please.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, yeah, do you.
Speaker 2: Guys want the news now? Of course that's not like you do.
Speaker 4: We want the news, daddy, And in the.
Speaker 2: Care I got news for you. The main news is this, Parker, it's still possible for you to be a mega millionaire.
Speaker 6: There was no grand prize winner on Tuesday night, so the next song on Friday will be worth at least five hundred and forty two million dollars. Yes, the cash option on that works out to be two hundred and forty two million I'm marked.
Speaker 2: Nefield, he said, option weird.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of money. It is.
Speaker 2: It'd be good to have that, So we can't We can't win if.
Speaker 4: You want to this story mark.
Speaker 2: Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, and then forgot to play it because I got too wrapped up in all the famous dead people. People are beginning to pay big prices to be parried buried next to famous people like this gentleman who has paid, I believe in the tens of thousands of dollars to be buried right next to Dorothy.
Speaker 7: Juda Garla is an iconic Hollywood figure, and the Hollywood Forever Cemetery is an iconic location. And as an independent artist, my biggest complaint is not being seen. This ensures that I will be seen forever.
Speaker 4: Who's in the background.
Speaker 2: He is something because I believe he's holding somebody hospital.
Speaker 8: You know, because famously, when you go to visit somebody at a cemetery, what you really spend time doing is looking at the names around the person you're visiting.
Speaker 4: Who's his neighbor. He literally just said.
Speaker 8: Now I'm guaranteeing that I'm going to be seen. No one is going to see you. What percent of humans want to be seen after they're dead. My gosh, I mean, I don't think they care. Why would you care?
Speaker 4: I does. I did not expect to get triggered by that sound. And I listen to him like, this guy sucks because it's the opposite of something you would do.
Speaker 8: I thought it was going to be something kind of sweet, like you know, I just I'm a huge fan of hers. Just that would be you know, like if I got to be buried somewhere, why not next to her?
Speaker 4: But instead it was like I need to be famous even in death. It's about gives a crap, dude, you're dead, You're dead meat sauce. That was actually pathetic.
Speaker 8: That was like legitimately pathetic's history. Well, and he's kind of getting what he wants now because now we're talking.
Speaker 4: About him, he's getting he's getting aloud. He forgot his name. But because you played it good, we don't need it. Don't need it. No, don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care, poor guy. No, it didn't work.
Speaker 4: It didn't work out.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: I really I wonder who's buried next to Judy Garland. I'm gonna go bring my notepad and take some notes and research every single person that surrounds her. Learn as much as I can about the people buried next to her. That's my goal for today.
Speaker 2: This guy was the lead singer RHYD.
Speaker 4: I saw a license plate R y Z yesterday. I almost took a photo of it. I'm like, I don't want to get by somebody that's like, why are you doing that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Oh, a guy you know, he's in a band named Rise and you have it on your license plate.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: Course wasn't any played. It was just the random three letters, of course, but it was r y Z there. It was there a Rise license plate.
Speaker 5: There's a uh dispensary and New Hope called Rise spelled that way.
Speaker 4: R I s E. But every time I ride by it, I say Raise.
Speaker 1: There's a sports network, like like one of those fast channels whatever, and it's called Rise Sports Network and it's spelled r y z.
Speaker 4: Will you play some Rise? All the channels on my TV go the same speed? How does it?
Speaker 8: Wouldn't the pregame show to every event on Rise Sports have to be called waiting and watching in one day?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Those are some main questions to answer in the Okay Baby.
Speaker 8: UH game tips off about thirty minutes until then we'll just be waiting.
Speaker 4: And watching and wondering why we're on this network at all.
Speaker 2: Well, you really make that sound bad.
Speaker 4: I'm just hoping you play it. I will, will you? Oh sir? Go ahead? No, it's stupid. Now you have to go a minute. What were you going to say when you laying rise?
Speaker 5: Does that get like tagged by you know, because nobody cares?
Speaker 4: Whoa what?
Speaker 8: Oh boy? How does this not happen? You've been here for a couple of years? How has this not happened? How do you spell rise A R yz y?
Speaker 4: Look? Google it?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 8: Can we Let's let's we've we've walked people into this trap before.
Speaker 4: Parker.
Speaker 8: I'm admitting this is a trap. Let's not give him any don't don't google it, don't take that. Stop, put your phone down.
Speaker 4: Done. I don't think you have to worry about that.
Speaker 8: Let's let's just let's just let's say I know this is cruel, but let's just see what happens. Let's play a little bit of Rise, and I want your honest opinion. Okay, let's just see what happens.
Speaker 2: You a band, new band, hoping your dreams come true? Is he is?
Speaker 4: He is?
Speaker 2: He playing the big bass guitar Miller's na yep in a strange old bad.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: I'll switch to a different song. This is waiting and watching.
Speaker 4: Nice about chapter thank you?
Speaker 2: Okay, I see you bang your head a little bit of the okay, okay, waiting. I wish you guys could see the sky. Here a com slash, watch as to look at his face as he's damning a little bit.
Speaker 4: Here's a little bit of.
Speaker 2: A song called wild Ones. Oh no, no, he's definitely playing. I think that was maybe that might have been a ukulele. I'm not sure where you were playing it was. Let it lad into your veins like nicotine patches in five hours now, I want you to picture a bird jumping from a limb, flying down making disnoise right here.
Speaker 10: What do you think it's like the music our strength coach would put on when it was like max out pr day.
Speaker 2: So I'm saying, yeah, just still bang your head on a wall.
Speaker 4: Thoughts though, in general I like the first one a lot. But she sleeps alone tonight, HM in a brand new bed.
Speaker 10: Yeah, new beds are expensive.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Parker, that's rise.
Speaker 8: They they were a band guy coming up on like thirty five years ago.
Speaker 4: Has it been that long?
Speaker 2: It has fun.
Speaker 8: The world has been waiting and watching him, wondering why they broke up back in the day.
Speaker 4: But yeah, sure run. The dreams are filled with your face, the face dreams are filled with your face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And his dreams are filled with your face, your faces. He's never felt so weak.
Speaker 4: Then he discovered drength, he did.
Speaker 2: But here's the key, the artsy, fartsy part of the song, the chorus are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Right, even darkness is too bright, buddy, you can feeling well.
Speaker 11: That's when he peas yeah, yeah, right, he wants to hold you and your fist.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you're concerned about pieces.
Speaker 4: I love it. And then so that's rise.
Speaker 2: We should download YZ.
Speaker 4: Do you download these days.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to.
Speaker 5: When we started talking about this four minutes ago, Tommy Olsen texted Usault, please play it.
Speaker 2: Parker Fox, Parker. Yes, I wrote this song at twenty two years.
Speaker 4: Old, twenty two recorded at.
Speaker 2: Sunset Sound in Los Angeles, California. But the fine dog feel and the pictures on the fade makes her dark blue eyes fully turned gray.
Speaker 4: Who is your muse?
Speaker 2: My my Kim my wife. That's at the time, my girlfriend though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she set them off.
Speaker 2: Yeah she did. Get the hell out of here.
Speaker 4: Your history, Yeah history.
Speaker 2: She pulls the covers up tight. He sleeps alone again.
Speaker 4: They were wearing leather.
Speaker 2: Pants, dude, the same leather pants every show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then some ladies said she'd make him out of shorts.
Speaker 4: He never got them back.
Speaker 2: I think she got sick of the smell. Well, imagine how bad they smelled. Did you know that was me singing before we said.
Speaker 4: That, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah yeah, Chris, yes, yes, so it says you hear you guys open for Kansas.
Speaker 2: Yeah we did. Yeah, wow, Yeah, we played.
Speaker 4: I kid you not.
Speaker 2: I know it's a joke, but we were on the verge, dude. We had some big things happening. That was the reason I left the band and we formed More Moonshane, because we had an opportunity to uh to go on the road, and two of the guys in the band, the guy playing guitar right here, Ben, who owned his own business, and his brother in law, Brian, who was the drummer who owned a limo, couldn't afford to take time off work. And I was like, well, if you guys aren't serious about this, I have to leave, and I did in the band broke up.
Speaker 4: You're gonna go.
Speaker 1: We had an opportunity to play Gorky Park in the former USSR.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's sort of true. The name of the band was Gorky Park and they were that was the band we were going to go on the road with and tore the West coast with Wow. And they had a band called a song called Bang that was a hit, and we were going to be their opening band on that entire tour. And we couldn't do it because two of the guys didn't want to leave work. So the band broke up.
Speaker 4: How long were you guys together?
Speaker 2: Well, I was only in LA for account of a year, so probably seven months, okay, And I meant we played all over the place in Hollywood and we were we were selling places out. It was a big deal, man. We were close.
Speaker 4: Do you remember who came up with a name and how the name came to be?
Speaker 2: The band name existed before I was in the band. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Listen to this comment from Anonymous on April twenty second, twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: I have this album digitally recorded.
Speaker 1: In fact, the song Distant The Distance was the song my husband and I danced at our wedding because we both loved it so much.
Speaker 2: That's incredible because I guarantee I didn't make a dime off that. I didn't know who would make getting money off that.
Speaker 8: And then and Tommy's wedding was way after twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, I'm honored. I don't know, man, I thought about re recording that, but I don't think I can match the intensity and the loneliness of this tonight.
Speaker 4: Okay, hang on.
Speaker 8: You know it's never good to ask us come true if somebody can stay over in front of your parents, right, because then it's awkward for everybody if they say no.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean sick brag here. But we're gonna have nearly three thousand people in front of us on November fifth at Treasure onund Resort and Casino.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before Kelsey Cook and Chad Daniels and Simon's and Tommy Royn and take the stage. Power Trips got like an hour hour and a half to kill.
Speaker 8: We're gonna play initials and give away trips to Vegas and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: We got to kill an hour and a half.
Speaker 8: What about three minutes of that song live in front of three thousand people.
Speaker 4: Sure, Tommy, i'lls sing it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that would be awesome. I could. I can reach out to the actual members of Rise, and.
Speaker 8: We don't need them, Okay, yeah, we just have people that, you know, we don't need to get the true band back together.
Speaker 4: We can get local Minnesotans to take care of limo drivers, drums or whatever. Sous can play the bass, Yeah, you can play the fake bass. Let's play the bass, Kirkwald. We'll do it exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, you know I'm going to tell you this. I haven't sang that song live since probably nineteen ninety three, never sang it again.
Speaker 8: So again, I hate to ask in front of the class. But before he texts us, I think it's only fitting that Tommy plays the chimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god. Yeah, yeah, he's already been. By the way, you haven't obviously got your phone on you because yeah, Parker was just called a whrror by Tommy eighteen times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just come through a Yeah, I know what we've been talking about. Now, guys, if you see Tommy on the road, don't look inside.
Speaker 4: No, all right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got one up on the dish and all they needed was some Rise to finish it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I pray for those chimes.
Speaker 2: Toms. It's a done deal.
Speaker 8: You're in.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll do it. I'm gonna We're gonna do We're gonna do it. We'll play the disc.
Speaker 4: Why is he tweeting word?
Speaker 5: Why is every word a new text?
Speaker 4: I don't know. He's excited, he is fired up. Yeahs come true.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I can't imagine how many people are gonna be sitting along I November fifth. It's gonna be with exactly what Rise always wanted to be.
Speaker 4: You are so right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never played for three thousand. Ye.
Speaker 4: When you bring back your pure and rock shirt, I have one to do?
Speaker 2: You have one?
Speaker 4: I can't he feast poetry. You're loves My dad does not.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's talk to Lebron with Parker Fox. When we get back, Sauce, you can walk us through Sportsman. We'll get Parker's opinion on should Lebron want to play here and should the Wolves want Lebron will ask him that after.
Speaker 2: It's the best song I ever wrote. Man, I peaked early. Ah, Parker, this is no crap. I recorded the vocals for this song in the same studio that Lindsey Buckingham recorded Go your Own Way in that is a true state.
Speaker 4: But what I just said you lost me there? Okay, He's like, sweet, Hell is that? But sweet?
Speaker 2: You don't know go your Own Way by Fleetwood.
Speaker 4: Mac Fleewood Mac.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you would know it if you heard it's a very very famous song.
Speaker 4: You would know it.
Speaker 2: I love you, though, Hawk, I love you too, buddy, Thank you? Right sports after this on the fan, Hey, it's Chris Hockey the Parker Morning Show. It's a big old country out there and you want to see it. Did you know that Jefferson Lines has been your number one bus experience for over one hundred years.
Speaker 4: They provide daily busser.
Speaker 2: I just gave Parker the whole story of Rise. I feel like I know you better know. It's crazy, right Yeah, as a baby, I can't believe.
Speaker 4: I mean, gee, Luise, it's insane.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 10: I mean, it takes a lot to just up and leave your life and do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it was a hell of an adventure, A hell of an advent. CH's my heart and spits it on the floor.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 9: Thank you needs time for a fan five on the Power.
Speaker 2: Trip, SASA is still sneezing.
Speaker 5: Lebron James will continue his NBA career next season, but not for the Lakers.
Speaker 4: Parker your thoughts, Yeah, I think we all kind of saw this in a way coming.
Speaker 10: I think Golden State is obviously the heavy favorites for where Lebron will go, but Cleveland has their name in the hat as we're looking up here on ESPN, and Miami also has their name, and I think the Nuggets and Timberwolves are kind of the next two after that. And it's one of those things where it's like, why would you at least not try? And I think you guys kind of hit the nail on the head as I was driving in this morning. If Lebron is really leaving because he wants to win championships and he's about winning championships, there's not really a better spot than Minnesota, and I think, yes, he would have to take a lot less money. We would probably have to move that Josh Green contract of five fifteen million dollars. I think they would end up being a little south of twenty five million if we were able to do that, which is still not enough for a guy like Lebron, But if it's truly about winning championships, I feel like this is the best scenario for him. Now, you mentioned the negative forty degrees in Minnesota and all that kind of stuff, But I think, if it's truly about winning championships, why not come to Minnesota?
Speaker 2: Quickly? I was listening Brero and Jersey and they mentioned and maybe they were joking. I don't know. I don't know basketball stuff, but they mentioned the idea that he would want us to sign Brownie as well. Is that were they being funny?
Speaker 10: They're being funny because he has a guaranteed contract next year with the Lakers, they could trade him.
Speaker 4: We could trade for Brownie.
Speaker 10: Yes, we could trade for Brownie and take on his two point whatever a million dollar contract.
Speaker 2: But NBD, let's do it.
Speaker 8: I would hope at this point, honestly, that Bronnie says, please don't do that.
Speaker 4: No, I think he. I think You're right, like, at.
Speaker 8: This point, you gotta you gotta like Dad's out of the door, right, you gotta you gotta start building.
Speaker 4: Your own career exactly.
Speaker 8: I I if I'm Bronnie, I say, please don't make me come with you no.
Speaker 10: And I think that's that's the Also thing too, is like he's got to do his own thing at some point, you know, and.
Speaker 8: Maybe not even in LA at some point, maybe he should just find us.
Speaker 2: Is he capable.
Speaker 10: He's capable, for sure, he's above average defender, but it's just he's a little you know, small for his position, and he he doesn't have the talent it's probably required across the NBA. But nonetheless, I think he can tell. He's got a dad named Lebron James, so or his name is Lebron James too, I guess.
Speaker 4: So yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the other thing, uh, Parker, that you were saying about the money is like they were saying that he would if he played, if his Golden State dream came together, he would probably pay for like pay excuse me, play for that like six point something five million dollar bit. So, like it's definitely not about the money. No, it's not about the money. And that's what we couldn't win with the Warriors. They're not winning. No, they can win here, they're not gonna win in Denver.
Speaker 10: And that's why I don't understand it, because if it's truly I'm leaving to win and pursue championships. You're not going to get it done in Golden State, like you're just not. Jimmy Butler is not gonna help you win a championship.
Speaker 4: He's not going to play though, like February exactly. And they just don't have enough pieces.
Speaker 10: Nor the bench and Lebron's older, Curry's older, Draymond's older, like they want Anthony Davis for for what you know? So I don't understand that, but yeah, they as it currently sits, and Timberwl's be able to offer that mid level exception of about six point whatever million dollars. And then if you move Josh Green's contract, which of fifteen million dollars, that would help out as well. But I just don't see him coming to Minnesota. I would love it to happen. I think it would be awesome, we'd win championships. But yeah, wishful thinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, the king of wishful saying, great, you.
Speaker 2: Know what you've been crowned, crowned your ass?
Speaker 4: Yeah, crown is ass. It did crown. Oh let's see here.
Speaker 5: The Clippers are going to trade cow Hi Leonard to the Toronto Raptors for brandon Ingram Grady Dick Whoa, and they will also get a couple of the Clippers will also get a first round picks in a protected first round picks in twenty thirty one and twenty thirty three, then some second round picks and then a first round pick.
Speaker 4: Swap in twenty twenty seven. Yeah, Coahi going back to Toronto.
Speaker 10: I don't know why I told you, guys, but my best friend Jamison plays for the Raptors and his name was kind of in those trade rumors.
Speaker 4: So he's been on.
Speaker 10: Edge for the past week about like if he would be included in that trade or not. But he's excited to be staying in Toronto. And I know you guys are kind of I don't get it, but I think the Raptors are like close now.
Speaker 4: They were a fifth seed last year and they.
Speaker 10: Won a playoff series and they got destroyed by Cleveland, but they were close in those games. And Kawhi is you know, he's old, but he's played the best year of his career last year and he's back in Toronto where he wants to be. I think they could be a scary tea. And now they have two guys on contracts that make no sense in Emmanuel Quickly and Yaka Purdle.
Speaker 4: But they're good pieces, so we'll see.
Speaker 8: To me, this is a little bit like Yannis, like you give me healthy Kawhi Leonard seven years ago, and this is a steal and steal, but this is a lot to give up for a thirty five year old that has a history of health problems. I felt the same way about Yanna's trade deadline time, and I feel the same way about Kawhi. It's like, if I'm these teams, I just don't back up the brink truck for guys that are in their thirties that you have to give up a lot of first rounders. They give it up two first rounders and Brandon Ingram and Grady Dick, Like that's not a small.
Speaker 10: Trade for a thirty five year old dude. The picks are what concerns me a little bit too. And another former team and of mine, Cam Christie place for the Clippers as well, and I was texting with him yesterday and he said it all just happened really fast, and it's something that like he's on a guaranteed contract, so he's good, but with all those picks coming in that that scares young guys and you know in organizations. So and I think we have some breaking news, not Timberwolves news.
Speaker 4: But ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention.
Speaker 10: Is one of the guys that the Timberwolves were kind of eyeing as their power forward, John Collins, agreed to a three year, fifty one million dollar with the Detroit Pistons. So we will not be getting John Collins, Oh, Johnny C.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know who they will be getting Bones Highland. Yeah, he's signing a one year ve minimum contract.
Speaker 4: To stay with the Wolves. Yeah, he was one of those.
Speaker 10: Guys we got him, Mike Conley, Kyle Anderson as one of those veteran minimum contracts guys that you probably can't keep all three. There's probably two out of the three, and Bones is the first one to sign, which I think from a talent level is is the best out of all the three of those. But it's also like we're so heavy now at the guard position that I don't know what direction they're going to go in. But at the end of the day, I think Bones really wanted to be here. He said that to the media that he's he's happy to be back here in Minnesota, So what a great edition.
Speaker 5: The Minnesota Twins lost six for to the Astros last night. Joe Ryan scattered six hits, including a grand slam, six earned run, three walks, and struck out five same two teams. Today at seven ten, Taj Bradley goes for your Twins ToJ No Papa for the Astros. Peter Lambert isn't pitching today for the Astros. Your links are back at it on Friday against the Liberty at six thirty.
Speaker 4: Your links are fifteen and four. Let's go links.
Speaker 5: NHL free agency Zacho begins today at eleven am.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, Wild don't have too much room to work with here. So with you know obviously the with Quinn Hughes wanted to get him signed, and then you know, the three of the top forwards, uh leaving the team.
Speaker 4: That's not great.
Speaker 1: So they got to be very careful obviously looking at you know, the future, that the near future of this team. It's a win now mentality, So they got to lock some of this stuff up here. I think it'll be a relatively quiet day obviously. Dylan Larkin that's still up in the air, and that could be who knows when that'll be a short up, so you got to be have room there. So it's kind of weird, you know. Normally you'd like to have maybe some excitement here when when when it opens up, and maybe see some some big news today, but probably not going to see anything major as of right now as they kind of a holding pattern, and hopefully get some more team friendly deals like Bobby Brink, who of course signed a one year, two point seventy five very team friendly contract to stick around here in his home state.
Speaker 4: So that's some good news there.
Speaker 1: Hopefully some more good news on the horizon for Minnesota, but nothing big probably as of yet.
Speaker 2: That's hockey, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: The US will battle Bosnia tonight in the World Cup at seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my girlfriend, let's go.
Speaker 5: The loser goes home. We also have two other games, England and the Congo and then Belgium and Senegal today.
Speaker 4: Football football, let's go pretty cool. Yeah, that's cool man, Okay, seven o'clock to night. Yeah, man, go see it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 10: It would be fun right to spencific see. Oh yeah, I'm sure it is Levi Stadium ticket. What's a ticket tonight? Says it says on the ESPN app tickets as low as one and twenty four.
Speaker 4: Man man, if Rise had made it stayed in LA, we can easily get into that game, have you. Yeah? Yeah, my dad would know you though.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well it's because he was chasing us around like we were the dead.
Speaker 4: Yeah he was a roadie. Yeah. Well nope, nope and easy. Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't want to upgrade to all of it.
Speaker 4: These people who's asking you to upgrade.
Speaker 2: The Athletic wants me to upgrade to all of the New York Times. I don't want to. I just want to read the Athletic. That's all I need. Am I right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Do you still have like eight Star Tribune accounts?
Speaker 2: No, I've only got the one. But I can't figure out how to cancel the pie in your press. I just can't. I can't figure it out. They won't let me do it, and then I get bored and I don't care anymore. But I do have a Vikings fan survey from Alec Lewis for the Vikings News segment that oh.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, let's do it, Beavis part your morning show?
Speaker 4: After this on the fan fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center this.
Speaker 2: Report he is sponsored by the three An. How many your dreams come true?
Speaker 4: East in a strange old bey. Who's new?
Speaker 3: Would you?
Speaker 2: I guess?
Speaker 8: I don't track.
Speaker 4: No, we have money coming up at eight o'clock, but nothing right now. The dreams are filled with your fees.
Speaker 2: Okay, man, that's my poetry.
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 2: It's my poetry, and I don't do poetry about feces anymore anymore. Expecting the phone to ring momentarily.
Speaker 4: Is it Dusty mon I can tell you.
Speaker 2: This is because you don't you don't earn it.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a surprise.
Speaker 2: It's a surprising. Yeah, because you don't.
Speaker 4: Do you think it could be? Just guess.
Speaker 8: Chris isn't gonna tell you either way, but just guess. Pete Persich okay, guest number two.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Nordo Oh and third and final guests Pizza the Hut.
Speaker 8: How much of your personal wealth would you wager that it's either Pete Bursage, Eric Nordquist or.
Speaker 4: Pizza the Huts? Two dollars? Good? That's actually good value there.
Speaker 8: Okay, you went heavy with vikings content and then one fictional character.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got it. You know it won't be Dusty mind the policeman from the village. People. She's history. Oh she's history.
Speaker 2: That's a dude.
Speaker 4: That's sad. Yeah, man, what happened? He died?
Speaker 2: He died. He just died. People die. Oh oh, well then you're gonna do any good. Our person not available for ten minutes, so there you go work.
Speaker 4: Oh he did pass to be Tom.
Speaker 2: Then it was Alec Lewis because he has a Vikings fans. Oh hell yeah, And we're going to go through it on the air right now. And I wanted him to know we were doing it because who else's opinions really matter?
Speaker 4: No, it's only Alex right right. When you play more Rise, will you be cool? Yeah? Chill out, dude. Why are you not Kings News, not Rise News?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What if it was Rise News? I don't think we'd have a sponsor. Oh, it's kind of brilliant part presented by come to.
Speaker 8: I mean I always say, like this time of year, it's like Vikings News is next, but we don't have any How many days in a row would we have not any Rise News? I mean, I guess if they play November fifth and t I that week would be like, hey, Rise News this week. I mean we're playing Thursday night at t I come see us.
Speaker 2: At this point, the big news would be Ben is still alive. Yeah, I think grand Co would pick it.
Speaker 8: Up maybe, so you never know, You never know, all, right, Vikings News Fans.
Speaker 2: News fans, Survey Athletic. I'm literally gonna answer because I subscribe, even though Alec couldn't talk to us for ten minutes.
Speaker 4: Right, what do you think he's doing when he missed his window?
Speaker 2: He's probably driving and jerking.
Speaker 4: Okay, what Tommy's doing?
Speaker 2: Don't follow Tommy's don't follow Tommy at all?
Speaker 4: Yeh, pretty much.
Speaker 2: That's stuff on your winshield. You gotta need some splash, splash splash. What are your realistic expectations for twenty twenty six Vikings. We're gonna answer this all together, Okay, okay, here are your options. Realistic expectations. Top ten draft pick shy of five hundred, Vegas is about right, eight point five wins, make the playoffs, believe lose early, make the playoffs, an advance to the NFC Championship Game, win the Super Bowl. What are your realistic expectations?
Speaker 10: Parker go first somewhere between five hundred and make the playoffs coreat.
Speaker 8: This is the most boring take of all time, but shocking, Eileen Vegas. I think if Kyler plays really well, I think were hovering around five hundred, so that eight and a half number is going to be very good.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: I think they are picking in the top ten next year.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: So you think the Kyler slash JJ thing just does not work? I don't think it. Yeah, yeah, I mean if it hold on, let me start over here. Okay, we only have treak it through two. By not working it could it could be a magnitude thing.
Speaker 2: Can you start again?
Speaker 5: Such a just relaxed magnitude When I talk to you, guys, because every word I say is John we.
Speaker 4: Go radio bud right, And also we can actually hear bonus talk for eighty eight Yes.
Speaker 8: But we also can hear every sentence. How little you thought about the sentence before? So so far you've you seem to keep saying. Okay, wait a minute, now, I need to think I added a little bit to this.
Speaker 4: The first question. Yes, so you said something about.
Speaker 5: The word magnet and hold on. Yeah, here's my thoughts. Neither of these quarterbacks can stay healthy. Right, That's not a good sign. Carson Wentz at one point may have been the best quarterback on the roster last year, but he's a year older. You're banking on a lot of good things happening to keep this team a close. I don't think either of these. I think they pick him the top ten next year, Zach.
Speaker 1: I think I think JJ leads him doing an eleven one season, I really do.
Speaker 4: I think they make sure you do and you're on your own after that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make the playoffs, lose early as well, and I'm one step closer to the edge. So that's what we're going with.
Speaker 8: Let's let's let's compound this conversation to a magnitude of epic proportions.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Eddy, you're a mummtor oh.
Speaker 8: I Look, whenever you get a team into the postseason and they lose, it's always disappointing. But if you told me right now in July first this is a playoff team, I'd say props to KOC.
Speaker 4: I definitely think it is because if you can.
Speaker 8: Turn Kyler Murray and JJ McCarthy into a playoff team, even though this roster has a lot of talents, but that means the quarterback thing worked.
Speaker 4: So Props to Ko if you can get them in.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 8: I don't want to be one and done, but I think the playoffs is a win this year, agree and success.
Speaker 2: I think eight point five is low number.
Speaker 4: I really do pull your hands up. Props to him.
Speaker 5: Last year they were basically a win away from making the ball.
Speaker 8: They weren't the quartermeill, they were mathematically out weeks before that, a bunch of games they won, a bunch, they had no pressure on those last five games.
Speaker 4: The season was over.
Speaker 2: How confident are you that the Vikings are moving in the right direction? Not confident to very confident.
Speaker 4: As a whole, very confident. But I think.
Speaker 10: The weakest position on your team is probably the quarterback, right would you say that?
Speaker 4: I think the other issue, this question mark that they have is.
Speaker 5: Moving in the right direction is they don't have any control over if Kyler Murray plays good, they can tag him and at least trip him another year and then they're back to where they started. Right, So they're in a little bit of a purgatory with the quarterback sitch, thank you. But if they you know, as I've said in Corey rightfully as given the correct answer, if they're eight games in and they're six and two. He ain't signing a contract here, He's gonna wait and see what other options he has.
Speaker 4: So there is a tough spot. You're welcome, Ryan.
Speaker 2: Not confident, very confident, not confident that they're moving the right direction. No, wow, boy, you hate this team?
Speaker 4: No I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm just being realistic, Corey.
Speaker 8: I don't think any NFL team can feel confident about their future until.
Speaker 4: They know they have a quarterback.
Speaker 8: And we don't have one yet, at least we don't know if we have one yet. So I'm I'm confident in the ownership. I'm confident in the coach.
Speaker 4: I like the.
Speaker 8: Defensive coordinator, I like a lot of players in this team, but until you have a quarterback.
Speaker 4: None of it matters. So true, I would say I.
Speaker 8: Would say purgatory to a specific magnitude, thank you. I just feel like somebody gave you words to say between now and nine o'clock, and those were two of them.
Speaker 4: Who's you're trying to win a bed?
Speaker 2: I think he thinks magnitude is like attitude, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I think magnitude is like a lot, like if you have a magnitude of problems that means you have a lot of problem.
Speaker 4: Don't you put a lot of magnitudes on your refrigerator. You have a bad magnitude right now.
Speaker 2: You're a magnetude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm very large, Zack.
Speaker 2: Do you want to participate in this or not?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Of course, go ahead, we have any time left.
Speaker 4: Let me start over. No, what was the question? How competent are you that we're going to direction? I don't know, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm It sucks because they tend to overachieve when they're these years and then underachieved like last year, so they always they always come back around, and so this is one of those years where were due for like one of those thirteen win seasons that come out of nowhere. So I wish they would be more consistent with how they go about their business. Obviously that some of the general manager changing.
Speaker 2: One through five sect confident or not confident?
Speaker 9: Oh two jesus, hey, maybe we should do this in the future where sauce like I write down five words on note cards and between five thirty and nine you have to use him in a sentence without having Chris realize it.
Speaker 4: Clearly, that's one of the five words that.
Speaker 2: I gave you might have done that today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how are we doing that? Yeah, that's not happening, because how awesome we would be like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, the thing about the purgatory is chriss goes.
Speaker 4: That's one of the words. It has to be. You don't know what it means. That'd be fun.
Speaker 2: Were you surprised by Kuasio defomnsos firing?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not Next? No, terrible. Next.
Speaker 2: What did you think of the decision to hire Nolan Teasley?
Speaker 4: I mean, unless you know the guy personally, how does anybody know?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's great, it's a step in the right direction. It's somebody, but how do you know that? But here's the thing though, But it's a step in the right direction. Hold on, there's a lot of directions in his mind.
Speaker 4: Just time out here.
Speaker 2: God, you're a magnet.
Speaker 4: Don't analyze what he's saying. Just don't listen to what he's saying.
Speaker 5: From a front office standpoint, I think they.
Speaker 4: Are headed in the right direction. Do you know you don't know anything about this guy. He's he's a guy. But here's we don't know Nolan the last breath. Here's the thing, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Is listening. So he's writing all this down for his story.
Speaker 4: But at least it's a foot he's got the file.
Speaker 5: Last time they hired a GM, they went in a different direction and it failed miserable.
Speaker 8: So you love this hire because he knows football.
Speaker 4: He's a football.
Speaker 5: That's the bare minimus for any I just watched a GM put together a great team.
Speaker 4: I'm glad to draft and through other ways. They had a guy who didn't know.
Speaker 5: Anything about football and passing a generational safety to make a cute trade back that cost him his job the first thing he was in charge of, Quaysyo Famensa.
Speaker 4: He screwed up so badly it cost him his job. Yeah, he deserved to be FA's.
Speaker 8: Anti quazy, though that's not pro Nolan. We don't know anything about Nolan.
Speaker 5: He's a ball so he's not quazy, and he knows football, and those are the two reasons you love him the most.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're head in the right direction, Corey.
Speaker 5: We're heading in the right direction, at least in the GM football ops.
Speaker 2: Oooh, what is that you like? KFC?
Speaker 1: We got a text from somebody. No, that's what I'm saying. Like, if we're heading the right direction in the GM department, what does that mean it just.
Speaker 5: Means they're headed in the right direction. They have to win a playoff game this year, or I'm I mean, I don't know because I don't want that. I don't want anything bad to happen to KAOC because I love KOC. But you rarely see a head coach hang around for five to six seasons and not win a playoff game. True, in the playoff games they played, and they've been uncompetitive. They were uncompetitive against the Rams, they got destroyed, and then the biggest game, probably uncompetitive.
Speaker 4: Is definitely not a word that I passed him on a note check.
Speaker 5: Since the NFC Championship game in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: Hold on, see that take, because now Alex is on the phone. He's gonna want to write this down.
Speaker 4: He's not.
Speaker 8: Yes, Alex, have you ever used the word uncompetitive?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: Ah, that's tough.
Speaker 3: I bet I've used it, but I don't know if it's right to use.
Speaker 2: Sorry, have you been listening to this segment by any chance?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately I don't. I don't know what I'm thrown into. I'm I'm highly I'm highly worried.
Speaker 8: Well, Hey, can I recap the last seven minutes to see you and get caught up because we're reacting to your story that you wrote a survey.
Speaker 2: We're actually doing the survey as we say. We're doing a live because I'm a subscriber.
Speaker 4: And let me let me sum it up and then you can respond. So basically perfect.
Speaker 8: The team is not headed in the right direction, but with the GM, we are headed in the right direction.
Speaker 3: I can understand it, but I'm curious where this is. Who is this coming from.
Speaker 8: We're going to give you exactly one guessert.
Speaker 4: You got it, that's me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you want to do? You want to be like a fly on the wall and listen to him answer the rest of your questions?
Speaker 3: I mean absolutely, I don't. I don't know why I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, good? For instance, how's how's this? What is your confidence level? And Kevin O'Connell, as the team's head coach, sauce.
Speaker 5: Me, that's you, hi, But we have to produce in the in the playoffs. He's got to win a playoff game.
Speaker 2: One through five confident or not confident at all? One being not confident, five being very confident, four and a half nice, Oh would you?
Speaker 3: Four and a half that's not even an option, could be a solid numbers on the fence.
Speaker 4: There's a magnitude of four four.
Speaker 2: Four that the sound of Alex voice just knows how I feel every day.
Speaker 4: Same.
Speaker 3: No, I like the I mean I think four is a good answer, So I like the answer. It just took a while to get there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a magnitude of answers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is somebody laughing at this?
Speaker 4: What is your confidence?
Speaker 5: I've got the whole.
Speaker 3: I've got the whole. Starbucks laughing at all?
Speaker 4: He's doing Starbucks. You'll take a large blonde roast, please.
Speaker 2: One more saucy. Ready, here we go. What is your confidence level that the team's quarterback play will be much improved in twenty twenty five? One through five not confident at all?
Speaker 4: Is one?
Speaker 2: Five? Is very confident? Do you understand the question?
Speaker 5: Yes, Uh, that's an easy one to answered. I'm confident because last year it was horrible and uh it was though. The quarterback play other than the few games that Carson Wentz played and maybe the Lions game where McCarthy looked like a legit quarterback, the rest of it was bad. There were some really bad moments and the one three.
Speaker 2: Three, Yeah, three, okay.
Speaker 3: No it So if you're more confident you're you're you're a five that it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Better five, then yeah, I'm a five.
Speaker 3: Worse than this fall is going to be quite difficult for all of us.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it's gonna be horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 4: Hey, now that I have you on the phone, can I ask you a question.
Speaker 3: I'm nervous for this, but sure give me.
Speaker 5: Your number one out of five that Kyler Murray is the starting quarterback Week one against the pack.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's that's that' You're putting me on the spot here. These are usually for Tom Pelsero. I would I would say I would put it probably at a four and a half. No, I just do solid non, I'm not like the medium rare plus guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, I like that answer. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I have one question for Alec before we got to take a break and come back and do other stuff. Alec, can I ask you a serious question about Nolan Teasley because I don't Yeah, I don't know anything about him.
Speaker 4: Here's the two things I like about him. I want to see what you think.
Speaker 8: I love that he's a football guy, and I love that he's not quisya dolpha mensa? Is that enough to be excited about him or not?
Speaker 3: I think uh, that would probably qualify as a note. But I will say uh, because you said it's a serious question. Like everything that I've seen, every interaction I've had, everything I've heard, I really should give people a lot of confidence and where that that area of.
Speaker 4: The team is, hey it.
Speaker 3: I will say that and definitively believe that. I'm not like, I'm not saying that the Curry favor I have. No, I don't expect to be generating information from Nolan Teasley, but I just from everything I've seen, heard and been exposed to myself, it feels a little bit different with how the front office is going to operate, and I think that's positive.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 8: One final question, even though I just said that was the last question. One final question.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been plased to interview technique?
Speaker 8: Have you ever been pulled over and then shown an officer texts exchange with you and Kevin O'Connell to try to get out of a speeding ticket.
Speaker 3: This is this is the one that I was worried about. I'm not gonna lie. No, that has not happened. I told a buddy who's from Rogers, Minnesota, and there was a running back there in high school. If I get pulled over and Rogers, that could be my my outcar. But I don't. I don't foresee myself. I'd expect to be shaking too much to then pull out my phone to show contact. But that's probably all I should say on the subject.
Speaker 4: I believe just or name drop Brian day Ball. Maybe that works. You never know. Thank you, I doubt it. Appreciate it, dude, Thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: Buddy, see you later. There he goes. Alex loves everybody so Sauce.
Speaker 8: It sounds like the the football guy see headed to the right direction.
Speaker 4: Told you you're brilliant. No, I'm not, Sauce.
Speaker 2: Last question, hurry ye Will the Vikings win the Super Bowl in the next five seasons? Yes or no?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: Statistically absolutely, you're right right, Thanks, The odds are now.
Speaker 4: Super Bowl Sauce. It's not zeros, it's no zero better odds. Lebron, great question.
Speaker 8: That was exactly what I was gonna ask youron likely or them winning the Super Bowl, Lebron, Lebron, I man, that's a great question.
Speaker 4: Is next five years of Lebron.
Speaker 8: I think the Super Bowl, I don't think Lebron's coming here, so I think I would almost have to say it's it's the vikings.
Speaker 4: That's what I side on too. But well, hang on, let's go back to it now.
Speaker 8: Do you did you say earlier that on Kelshi that it's it's about a three percent chance Lebron comes here. So what you said, let me so, do we think it's.
Speaker 2: Got to be higher for that?
Speaker 8: I think it's higher than the vikings, that the vikings is higher than three percent in the next five years. So the vikings are statistically then the more likely the two percent.
Speaker 4: Now, still it's going down.
Speaker 2: Let's get some together.
Speaker 4: Oh great song. Thanks one of us did that.
Speaker 8: For Yeah Fan five In a second headlines later, Parker Fox is here is the Powers of Wanting to Join the Fan.
Speaker 2: From the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored