Speaker 1: In the morning. Didn't you do a topic last week that pissed off your mom? Yeah? You want to do another topic here right now that's gonna piss her off even more. This isn't gonna be worse though, because she told me don't do it.
Speaker 2: I was going to say I thought she said please don't.
Speaker 3: We talked about it was in a driveway. My grandma was there, and I'll tell the mom, like I'm gonna do this time. But she's like, Kevin, please don't. I'm like, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Can we can we call her and get herund there. She does not want to be caught. She does not want to be She likes me though, doesn't she like me? Yeah, but she don't. She doesn't like this conversation.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, and that's another thing, like people in our life got to realize, y'all can't only be glazed, so to speak, Like people always want to be put on pedestals for the trophy moments, but never for the moments that they feel as though they don't aren't viewed in the best.
Speaker 1: She only wants to be talking about when it's in a very positive situation, and it ain't that.
Speaker 3: And hopefully there are other people out there who will call in and admit if they have dealt with similar situations, or I would even like to hear from a mother or a grandmother that maybe sees themselves on what I'm saying. So I had a conversation with my mom, and first off, let me say this, I absolutely love my mom, and my mom doesn't feel as though that I articulate that to the masses as much as I do other people. But I am not who I am if it wasn't for my mom. When my dad was locked up. My mom did above and beyond to make sure that we still had a connection with my dad, his entire side of the family. She took us on trips, took us to visit him. She's always worked her off, worked her butt up, has always allowed me to do the things that I wanted to do in life, acting, taking me to auditions, all the things, like I am who I am, and largely because of my mom. But I love my grandma, Grandmama, which is her mom, Okay, And I love my It's Josiah and my Grandma. Those are my two favorite people in the world. And my mom is right there. She's like it's like the father's son, Holy Trinity. I don't want to put, you know, one before the other, but you know there is an order, if I.
Speaker 1: Gotta say so.
Speaker 3: So maybe that wasn't the best analogy, but I love my grandmother so much, and I do believe my mom is jealous of the relationship that I have with my grandmother, and it shows my boy oh Mari Sankofi, I think he worked for the Free Press, but O Mario had did an article on me when the Pistons were in the playoffs. And in the article, since it's a sports article, I talk about my love for sports where it came from, and largely it is because of my grandmother, who set me down. We watched all of the sports, all the things. I read my mom the entire article. The first thing she says is, I guess she ain't say nothing about me, just say something about your grandma.
Speaker 1: And that was the straw that bro. Did you even say anything about your mom? I did it. It wasn't for this article isn't about her. She doesn't. She's not through.
Speaker 3: She's my love for sports. The reason why I was bringing up my grandma is because it was the right place in time for that, and the first thing, my mom is like, Okay, here your grandma and she always got so maybe don't.
Speaker 1: Make her voice sound like that she's jealous because she won to have that close of a relationship with you, or she wants to have that close of a relationship with her mother.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's either of it. They have an amazing relationship. My mom and I have an amazing relationship.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's just that I don't know, if.
Speaker 3: You know, some people like if they don't get love, then they got a problem with it.
Speaker 1: And I feel like it's a little bit of it.
Speaker 2: You always want to be your kid's favorite.
Speaker 1: I will say that I always want to be a majority of relationships. So grandma's are different though. Grandparents well, because mom says no, grandma says yes, and so there's a level of grandma doesn't have to yeah, discipline you. That's what I say.
Speaker 2: Is I do think like in this situation, I'm trying to put myself in this situation, and if like Lucy did a school paper on my mom, I don't think, well, I wouldn't be as hurt as if she did the paper on her dad.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my mom. Yeah, I don't. I remember when Joey was born. I remember that Chelsea's mom, you know, was Joey's everything, and I could tell you that I think it did affect Chelse at first because he would cry, and he would cry for his grandma. He wouldn't cry for his mom, And so there was a level of that this isn't old, you know, a case of grandma's older you know here, and you know keV does. By the way, his grandmother is the matriarch of that family absolute. And I think that your mom sees that the hierarchy is Queen Elizabeth or Queen Grandmama. And then she's still a princess and she's you know, we.
Speaker 3: Love Princess Diana Doll like my mom is amazing. Yeah, it's just I love my grandma a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you should not. By the way, does your grandma liked that you'd say this? You know? So she actually thinks.
Speaker 3: We were in the driveway, bro, She's like, my mom like, no, no, no, no, My Grandma's like, but it.
Speaker 1: Is his truth, is his truth, Oh my God? And love.
Speaker 3: And it's not that I don't love my mom, and I think I don't know what it is. Just sometimes by saying you love somebody else doesn't mean you don't love the other person.
Speaker 1: How would your mom feel if, because I know, for a while you and your dad did not have the greatest of relationships with each other, How would your mom feel if she came in third to you to betray Yeah, because she for so long? How long would your dad? Probably? Like five years? Wow, that's amazing. Think about that, Like, I think about that all the time. Think about think about if your spot, your spouse is gone for five years. Now, you're the breadwinner of the whole family, taking care of it. She's making sure that your life doesn't seem any different, you know, other than Dad is not there, and she's keeping you guys together. I think you should put her up on a higher pedestal than you. You love my mom so much. That's my girl.
Speaker 2: Oh just grandma's a little pedestals a little higher.
Speaker 1: Steven. How you doing, Hey, I hear going. We're doing okay, Kevin. Kevin is just pouring salt in the wound on his mom today. What's going on? Well? Hey, I don't believe him. Man, Hey, Ken, I'll tell you something, bro.
Speaker 4: I was raised about my grandmother too, bro, So my grandmother literally took care of me. My mom tried to, but she couldn't.
Speaker 2: So just making you emotional to talk about it?
Speaker 1: Huh do.
Speaker 2: You sound like you're emotional talking about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: A little bit, you know. I mean my grandmother. Uh, without her, I don't know where i'd be today.
Speaker 1: So, and Grandma is still alive. Everything's okay, Yeah, yeah, she's still kicking. She's eighty nine years old. Grandma what what's her name? Cardinal Carneal? Yep? Okay, shout out Grandma car I knew that's hey, appreciate it. It's wonderful to know that there is love for you know, the the generations. But to go on the radio and say that you love somebody more than another person, I don't know what it is? My truth?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: What if what if Josiah? What if Josiah said that he loves his mom more than he loves you? That's that would be his truth. I can't be mad at it if that's the case. That's secretly, wouldn't you be like hate?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, do your thing? Bro? Who do you think he loves more? Probably me?
Speaker 3: I know, I know he loves his mom. I think the love is different he has like a I don't know, it's almost like it's he naturally loves her more, but like in real life, like he loves me.
Speaker 1: YadA, what's up? YadA?
Speaker 3: Hey, Joe, Hey, Kevin, everybody.
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So my mom I have two boys and a girl.
Speaker 3: My mom loved the boys and she always be calling my songs her soon.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, that was not your son. And my sons.
Speaker 3: And they loved their grandmother too, and they be my mother And I'm like.
Speaker 1: I'm your mother.
Speaker 3: Like feeling some type.
Speaker 1: Of way about that.
Speaker 3: It's something about them grandma's and them boys. Man, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe that's where from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I do be feeling some type of way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you ever been pissed off at your mom and kept them away from your kids?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, I would never do that. I couldn't do that.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't let me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that that would be horrible if you if you did that. Amber, what's up? Amber? Hey? What's going on? Okay?
Speaker 3: I just wanted to say that I absolutely agree with Keppen. I don't know what it is, but my grandma just gets that extra little you know, the actual little people love more than my mom does.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't mean that you love your mom even less.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm not just I'm telling you you know what it is. Grandma's are fun. They're the fun parents, so to speak. You know, they do all the fun. They could be that like mom is.
Speaker 3: She has a lot more on her plate to figure out, like the responsibility of being there for you. And then Grandma not that she just comes around and it's Christmas all the time, but maybe it's a different.
Speaker 1: I think about with the boys when they're around their grandma. Their grandma has got energy and she's having fun and she's excited to see them. Moms work their asses off. They gotta clean, they gotta work for a living, They.
Speaker 3: Got to do all their My grandma don't beat my eyes too like a grand.
Speaker 1: Anyway I can. Does she still beat your ass? I'd love to see her. She's strong, But I'm gonna I'm gonna call her and ask her to discipline you for the things that you say. Initial K wants to be voice disguised. Why is that okay?
Speaker 5: Well, just because other people are listeners as well.
Speaker 1: Like Grandma's and moms.
Speaker 5: I think like my mother, my mother and daughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 5: I just think this generation needs to be more consent.
Speaker 1: They need to be what I'm sorry, said, cognizant of what.
Speaker 5: Of other people's feelings, like their mother's feelings Kevin for.
Speaker 3: Example, So tell me about your situation, because this is a reason why you voice the Scott So what's going on?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: The reason why is because, like for example, for me, my mother and daughter were very close, and I think grandma's, you know, are spoiling people. You know, like as a kid, your your mom, You're.
Speaker 1: That's what grandma's are.
Speaker 5: Meant from this as an adult, my mother helped my daughter plan her wedding. Wasn't it wasn't me as much as my mother and my daughter.
Speaker 1: So grandma and daughter, Kevin? Yeah, let me so, let me ask you a question. When your daughter got engaged, who did she call first? You or grandma?
Speaker 5: I think me.
Speaker 1: I'm now, you don't even know, ken, Who would be your first phone call? If I got any age you got, if you got some big news that you wanted to tell somebody, who would you call? My mom? Probably for sure? Okay, good, that's good. Oh yeah, just go with it. We'll stay with that, stay with that answer. I think that when it comes to the priorities, we have to understand, a healthy, loving relationship that you have with your grandmother is a great thing for your mom to enjoy because that's her mom. You know what I mean, Like it's healthy and even that, though my.
Speaker 3: Mom would try to take credit for that, I promise you we ended the same conversation to draw is. She was like, and you know why that relationship is there because I took you, I took you over there. I'd be like, dog like I gave her analogy. I'm like, it's like an assist. Like the only way the assist counse is if I score the goal, Like, yes, you took me over there, but we developed our own relationship.
Speaker 1: But you know, you know that, then you know what you do. You go, you're right, mom, And then to give her mom, I love it, I said she was right. I say, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: You provided the opportunity in the place, but I still had we still have to develop a relationship on just show you that why you got to have that.
Speaker 1: Though. Listen, I will say this about Kevin. I'm saying, why do you have to have it though, because it feeds her. Some people get fed by that. I guess start yeah, can I can I say something to you? The one thing for the listeners to understand about Kevin. Kevin is an amazing son and an amazing grandson. Like the stuff that he does for his mom and his grandmother working, you know, all the jobs that he does and stuff like that. He makes sure he takes care of both of those ladies. I love him, but but don't pit them against each other. I would never do that. You just did on the radio.
Speaker 4: No I did.
Speaker 1: You said your grandmother you love more I do. This is a new news. Everybody know that. Everybody know that that. Well, I just want your mom to know that I'm a mother lover and I love you more so gither way