Speaker 1: That's happy KDWB dot com. Okay, make sure you do that. Happy. Thousand dollars will make you happy. So you got to play the game. Go to KDWB dot com and enter the keyword happy, and then that gets you a chance at one thousand dollars. And now remember you do have to answer your phone in order to win this. So we'll call you a little bit later on, like in an hour or so, and we'll be like, hey, you want it's going to say like caller ID blocked or no caller ID or spam or something like that. Can I tell you really quick while you're doing this, go to KWB dot com and enter the keyword happy. Remember I told you that. Last week when I was in Colorado, I got a call from net Meta. Oh yes, yes, yes, and Meta called me and they said, hey, we really like your Instagram. We want to talk to you about making your performance you know, Instagram performance better and your interaction traction whatever, and so you can make some money. And I said, well, I don't really have time to talk now, well can we call you later? And then I came in and told you guys, and it turns out it's a scam. Ninety nine percent likely it's and what they're trying to do is to get your voice so they can now use AI to have your voice call your bank and say, Hi, it's Dave Ryan. Leave ten thousand dollars on the front step at nine o'clock. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Jenny told you. Well, I think we thought it was a scam, but then we looked at the number. It did say it was tied to Meta, but it was just random, because why would somebody just call him, be like, hey, Dave Ryan, let's help.
Speaker 3: Like it's just so out of the ordinary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was just so anyway, I'm paranoid about scams like that. They've called twice since then, and I do not answer the phone, so you never did the follow up call. I don't want to, good, I damn't. I don't want it, although I would like.
Speaker 3: It if Dave Ryan left ten thousand dollars on my doorstep.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll have my bank do that for you. So wait, oh god, it's this bit again. You guys are still sold on this bit. We're doing this now where Bernie calls the show my dog Bernie pretest Hello, Hello.
Speaker 4: Oh he bad, it's me, Bernard, you're sure I.
Speaker 1: Really thought we like canceled this bit, but uh, this is Bailey pretending she's my dog, Bernie.
Speaker 4: It's cold out there, isn't it dead?
Speaker 1: It is cold. It's only like one degree right now minus one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my titties are so cold running around out there. But a guy dog's gonna do what a dog's gotta do. And that's right my name in the snow bank and making it yellow.
Speaker 1: Thank you for doing that, Bernie, appreciate that one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it is dark yellow though, if I haven't had enough water that day.
Speaker 1: That's gross, Bernie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what. My favorite part of winter though is don't care know what. Oh, it's like shopping in the ice cream aisle, but it's in my backyard. There's so much chocolate out there, and it's so nice and frozy. You're disgusting, and I love a poopsicle. Wow, I will say dad, though, since we moved, I do miss Stella.
Speaker 1: Stella was the chihuahua mix that lived next door that Bernie had a crush on. Y.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your name dog. I met her a lot. But that new guy next door, I can't remember his name, but I think it's Remmy.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, but I think it's Rammy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, that sounds right. You know, I can picture of me and Remy hanging out, just a couple of guys bitching about bitches. Yeah, drinking beers, bones, loosening up our collars and playing fetch.
Speaker 1: How long does this bit go on? Bernie? Is it going for a long time?
Speaker 4: Do you think Remy has some friends to interview fun in love?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Maybe it was like a bigger girl, like a husky.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you get.
Speaker 1: It a husky because it's a bigger girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to wrap it.
Speaker 4: Up here, Bernie, much mush, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Anyway, anyway, I know you haven't asked me my thoughts about the new house.
Speaker 1: Yes I have not.
Speaker 4: I give them to you right now.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I like the windows, Okay, I like the critters outside, But dang, that hard wood floor is slippery.
Speaker 1: He does have hard time hanging on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a gunk it up somehow, Like rub my butt all over and get it taggy so my nails don't flat out of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, oh good, okay, thanks Bertie.
Speaker 4: Better, un gotta get outside. To make more poopstacles. They don't make themselves, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Gotta go, Bernie, thank you?
Speaker 4: What what I love doing here?
Speaker 1: No dumbas bit ever, I.
Speaker 3: Beg it on the schedule. I thought Jenny was gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, we apologize for that. We'll be back in a second. Don't forget your thousand dollars. There's the good news. Hi Bailey, nice bit. Oh hey, guys, where did I miss kat WB?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Right, it is Friday Junior the Dave Ryan Show. We're gonna play a little game here. This that these games are sweep in the country. They're sweeping sweep in the country. Thanks well, thanks to us, the original influencers. We were the one who turned the word onto the world, onto wordle. Yeah, nobody played wordle until they heard it on kat WB. No, then they're like, oh, connections, Well that sounds like a lot of fun. Yeah, well then strands that sounds fun it Tips is another one. The latest now is bandle. Band bandle, which is in a way is similar to wordle because it reveals a little bit at a time of a song that we all should know, one instrument at a time. And here's the setup for today's bandle Now it.
Speaker 6: Goes one layer of like music at a time, and you get three little clues at the beginning. So your clues are released in nineteen ninety one. Oh wow, geeze two point one billion YouTube views.
Speaker 1: That's big.
Speaker 7: And it says that the difficulty is easy.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, So here are the drums.
Speaker 1: Let's see if it goes into it like a fill or something.
Speaker 3: Nope, straight in the pocket.
Speaker 7: Nothing.
Speaker 2: I have an idea, but I don't know what year the song I'm thinking about came out.
Speaker 6: So okay, here comes the next one. We are going to be adding a bait.
Speaker 3: Yes, I got it?
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, okay, yeah, now everybody's got it. That is an easy one. That's when they actually when they said nineteen ninety one, I thought, oh, it's got to be that particular song. You know it, don't say it, vant I know it, Bailey knows it.
Speaker 7: Should I continue at it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do because I'm gonna guess you probably if you're listening to the show and you are, yeah, thank you, you probably know it. But in case you don't, let's add another layer.
Speaker 7: We're going to be adding electric guitar one.
Speaker 5: Okay, this was easy level.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this was easy, It said part two, and we got it on the two. So let me add in a little bit more electric guitar. They've got three levels of electric guitar.
Speaker 7: Here. Here's electric guitar too.
Speaker 1: Sounds just like this song. Okay, put it in an electric guitar three.
Speaker 7: All right, electric guitar three. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, all is there more?
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 6: After that, we just get like a clue. Okay, but I'll tell you what the clue is after we guess. So I want to tell me what it is.
Speaker 1: Dave smells like teen spirit. Okay, what was the clue?
Speaker 7: The clue is scent of adolescence.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would have got it from the clue.
Speaker 7: Right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm proud that I got it. You want to hear something crazy.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I went to a guitar center because I told you I have an audition to drum at church tomorrow, and I was trying to learn that that song. So that's why when you did the first one's drums, I was like, oh, I think I got it.
Speaker 1: I was like, hmm, play the intro because I used to play drums to a little bit and the intro of that is up. Play the intro. I'll I'll be quiet so you can hear it. It's more difficult than you think. Listen to the drums kick in.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: That's not an easy part to play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll do it again. Yeah, I was having trouble with it yesterday.
Speaker 1: Kurt Cobain was a genius and didn't know it. They said that he did things in that song that nobody had ever done, but he didn't know what he was doing. Yeah, he was just a genius and didn't know what he was doing.
Speaker 2: It's just it's tough because it comes in quick and then your bass. Shout out to the people if you're a drummer that you can do double kick pedal.
Speaker 1: That's tough, is it?
Speaker 2: Because usually you do like just you hit the bass drum the kick drum with just one foot, but they make for that way you can have two if you're really advanced.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the people that could do that.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a shout out the drummer in def Leopard that does it all with one arm. Wow. Dave start coming up in a second. After the weekend on Katie WB invite Dave s Dirt on katwb Okay, so apparently Kim Kardashian reveals why she deleted pictures of Prince Harry and Megan Markle I don't care. I don't care, but maybe it'll be in her single, let's find out.
Speaker 8: I think they realized, like, oh this was so so they did baby to baby right before. It's like a charity event, so like that was fine, but maybe not partying and dancing on the dance floor and whatever.
Speaker 7: So we took them down.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Dave, you cared?
Speaker 1: I still don't care. I still don't know. I don't care. It's like, you know, I don't I don't dislike the royal couple or the royal family. I don't care. I don't dislike them. But we're also America, where we don't look at the Royals like, oh my god, what are they doing?
Speaker 6: Speaking of the Kardashians except a little bit adjacent, Kendall Jenner says she's predicting that the New England Patriots will win the Super Bowl and calls them the underdog.
Speaker 7: Are they the underdog?
Speaker 1: They're definitely the underdog. I mean, I haven't looked what the point spread is. I see, but the Patriots were like the number five seed in the AFC and the Seahawks were the number one seed, which means they were the favorite to win the NFC. And the Seahawks are just a better team. I got a better quarterback day.
Speaker 7: Well usually, I mean I.
Speaker 6: Pick who I want to win based on their little outfits, and it's like the Seahawks' outfits better. But I do like an underdog better. But the Patriots have won before.
Speaker 1: Patriots have won I think seven Super Bowls.
Speaker 3: And they won against the Swift I believe.
Speaker 1: So I'm just bored, bored, sure, bored. It'd be like going to the same restaurant over and over. But Bill Belichick is up for the NFL Hall of Fame and he did not get enough votes where he arguably is the greatest coach in the history of the NFL. Oh okay, but they think that he got shunned because of deflate gait, which is I'm not going to try to take the time.
Speaker 5: To explain it.
Speaker 7: I even remember that, and I don't know football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Bill Belichick not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, if the Patriots win, or if Kendall Jenner's like Kardashian curse is real, then the Patriots will lose because apparently there's a Kardashian curse.
Speaker 7: When it comes to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I'm going to root against the Patriots, but not necessarily for the Seahawks, cause he don't care. These are my two least favorite teams that I don't care.
Speaker 3: Dang it.
Speaker 2: No, we already know that everybody that's up for Best New Artist the Grammy's gonna perform on Sunday.
Speaker 3: But just added to the lineup the Bebes.
Speaker 2: First time performing on a stage in four years. So I feel like last year he dropped two surprise albums on us, which was big, and he's getting back on stage. He's headlining It's either Coachell l La Palooza later this year too, So you're about to see Beaber back on stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are fat, we are in A study shows well, it's true. A study shows at obesity rates in the US have surged dramatically over the past three decades. Back in nineteen ninety, about nineteen percent of Americans, so one in five, was classified as obese. So thirty five years ago, today it is almost half. Almost half of US are considered obese. One hundred and seven million people, and the trend is not slowing. Researchers projected number could hit one hundred twenty five million over half by twenty thirty five. According to the study, obesity rates were highest in the Midwest. Hello, that's US and the South. But let me follow it up with this story, which I think is kind of interesting. They say that varieties of spices spice of life also applies to your workout. So if you're trying to get in shape, get healthier so you don't have to have knee replacement surgery and you don't get sick, mixing up your workout. A new study found that people who mix up their exercise routines had nearly a twenty percent lower risk of early death from any cause. So they looked at individual activities. Walking came out on top. People who walked the most had a seventeen percent lower risk of dying early compared to people who walk the least. Right behind that racket sports, So you got your tennis and your pickleball, rowing, or calisthenics, weight training, running, jogging, cycling, So mix it up a little bit. I ran last night. I ran. I have not run in such a long time. I did three point two miles of five k on the treadmill last night. Now you ran and watched Joke Kenda Homicide Hunter, the best show created on TV ever.
Speaker 6: You ran so far away, and you ran, You ran all night and day.
Speaker 1: Keep going, That's all I know.
Speaker 3: You keep going.
Speaker 1: Now, you're so ridiculous, You're so unpredictable, Bailey, it's just a joy.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's a joy. Well, hey, we've talked about it.
Speaker 6: Today is Puzzle Day, National Puzzle Day, so you can, you know, celebrate by playing wordle, bandle, all of that jazz. But did you know, Dave, that is also National Curmudgeons Day, Happy Holidays.
Speaker 1: I should have taken the day.
Speaker 7: You should have trying to celebrate with.
Speaker 1: Your shiny, smooth skin and everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how are you to celebrate Curmudgeon's Day, David?
Speaker 1: I'm going to write a mean letter to my association about people who don't shovel their snow.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, Well it sounds like a great day to celebrate.
Speaker 7: Congratulations, Happy Holidays day.
Speaker 3: The prayers up to ray J. I don't know how to transition from that Prayers up to ray J.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago, he went to the hospital for so of your case pneumonia and some heart pains. Now he's saying that doctors told him he only has really a couple months left to live.
Speaker 3: He said that.
Speaker 1: He's just awful. Yeah, seriously, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: He's only forty five.
Speaker 2: He said that he might you having to get a pacemaker or a defibrillator, but he won't know until his follow up appointment in two weeks, and that twenty twenty seven is definitely and this is a quote, he said, twenty twenty seven is definitely a rap for him, which is so sad to even just say out loud.
Speaker 3: Well, prayers up for Ray Jay.
Speaker 1: Let me imagine. Wow, that's terrible. Okay, a little more fun story. These are the best celebrities to meet Like a random celebrity encounter, Here are the best ones Jack Black. This person says, I was begging my boss for an extra shift. Jack Black overheard me and tipped me one hundred dollars on a twenty dollars tab. From then on, he never left me less than a fifty dollars tip and would always check in with me when I was at the end of the month to make sure I had enough rent cash Black Harrison Ford nice celebrity encounter. My uncle said that he's incredibly nice and took the whole crew out for lunch to thank them for working on his helicopter. Justin Bieber This person says he was by himself at them all, wasn't even trying to be incognito. He drew me in with a big hug and chatted me up. He was I'll bet he really did just want to chat with somebody and not be like, you know, like, oh my god, I just love you so much that oh my god, it's like, Okay, where are you going? I'm going whatever. John Travolta. They say it was totally down to earth. Dolly Parton, no surprise there. Here are the worst celebrities. Jennifer Lopez. This person says she was rude and dismissive and had this attitude that she was better than you. Jenna Fisher from the Office bout Yeah. They said she was really difficult to work with, just very demanding. Jared Leto. They say he's a narcissistic butthole. He complains about every single thing and really enjoys being difficult. I think he does it for fun. Diana Ross. She cut in front of me at the airport check encounter once. I was flabbergasted by this lady who had the guts to sweep it in front of us and touch the gate agent's computer. I've heard she's very much a diva, but at the same time, she's an old lady. She's been famous for sixty years. Yeah, she's Diana Ross. There's certain people that you get a pass.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then I would I'd be honored to experience that.
Speaker 1: If I was there at the Sun Country Airlines counter, yeah, and I'm like next in line, Diana Ross sweeps up and goes in front of me, I'd be like, oh wow, Wow, that Diana Ross right there. That's kind of cool. That is the dirt. We are done. We will see you tomorrow on Katie will be it'll be Friday, it'll be a great day. Stay warm and we'll see it.