Speaker 1: Welcome to great shows aid Treasure Island this year, including Gabriel Iglesias on July thirty, first Snoop Dogg coming to town on September fifth at Troiture Island, and all the details at campian dot com here calendar.
Speaker 2: Hey Corey, Yes, sir, I know we got sports and stuff, talking a mind everything, But I listened to two very interesting podcasts this weekend when I was driving for twelve hours, and I wanted to talk to you about one thing in particular, Scott Pelley's interview from sixty minutes Sure on the I think It's New York Times as a podcast called the Interview.
Speaker 3: If you it's interesting, listen to that incredible.
Speaker 4: That guy's great.
Speaker 3: He's great, and he said he and I'm not. This is not me. This is him saying this.
Speaker 2: The lady asked him, and she was a great interviewer, by the way, because she didn't she didn't let him stand on anything anything. She asked him hard questions. This is one of the best interviews I've heard a long time. But she said, how did you feel when you got fired? And he said it was like they had murdered my spouse. And she was like, and he said it three times, I know, and he was you could tell that was something he had thought about. And his entire story about sixty minutes and and what it's like to be in a war zone.
Speaker 3: And it's a great interview. So that's number one.
Speaker 2: Number two, there's another lady podcast that I listened to where they were talking to a woman who does her own podcast about a happiness is essentially what it's about, and she talks about how we were think incorrectly about about happiness. Right, I'm getting to the podcast right, and it's the same thing. It's the New York Times podcast called The Interview. And her name is she's a happiness expert. I'm sorry, I'm looking at it. I just and say your name. I apologize, Laurie Santos. She does her own podcast. Okay, it's called The Something rather anyway, she talks about happiness. In this thing, she's talking about loneliness and about how there's a certain amount of loneliness we need. But we're like, we've get a bad name to loneliness. But it's also contemplative time if you use it correctly, and there's a certain amount of loliness, it should be good and there are two things she pointed out that I thought were fascinating more than that. But this one thing she said, Corey, was that we have more free time than ever. Statistically, it's an absolutely true statement of fact. We have more free time than ever, even though everyone complains about not having any free time.
Speaker 3: Here's the difference.
Speaker 2: We used to have clumps of free time three hour block, five hour block. Now we have ten minutes of free time between meetings, and all we do is.
Speaker 3: Scroll our phone.
Speaker 2: So if you add up all the free time we have, we have a lot more, but we have such short segments of it we don't have time to think deeply fascinating, right, and yeah, but it's true.
Speaker 3: Here's something else.
Speaker 2: She said, Well, she's not about Ai. This was a thought I had think about this. Imagine if AI figured out time travel, and then imagine that it already has because if it's possible for it to happen, it's already happened, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: And perhaps, And then I thought to myself, well, if that's true, then if it's already happened, and then then it will never happen. But maybe they did figure it out, but they have to be delicate with it, because they could very much.
Speaker 3: Keep them keep itself from being invented if they changed too much.
Speaker 6: Well, you can't change. You can't change anything. That's the butterfly effect. If you come back and move one atom and everything changes exactly.
Speaker 4: It's the flaw in Back to the Future. Right.
Speaker 6: One of the cool easter eggs in Back to the Future is that marlready takes out the trees or whatever, and then like the Twin Pines Mall becomes the Lone Pine Mall.
Speaker 4: You're like, that's so cool that he hit the trees. So then they had to change the name.
Speaker 6: Well, the fact that even exists in nineteen fifty five explodes the entire thing because everything changes and everybody dies, and so the only way that time travel is possible but it hasn't happened, is if we are the first time line that has existed, Like if this is the furthest time has ever gone, right, And that doesn't make any sense either, you know what I'm saying. That's so yeah, I don't know, it's scary, it is.
Speaker 2: And Johnny Bones, I believe you and I've talked about this, maybe off the air, but certainly on the air about the idea of super artificial intelligence, right, and that that's what we're going towards, and the implications of that could be wonderful and terrifying or both.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I'll say this even about well, I don't know, regular artificial intelligence, for whatever it's worth.
Speaker 4: We're already seeing.
Speaker 7: So many changes so fast that if you're trying to develop anything into using one of the primary platforms as a.
Speaker 4: Tool, that.
Speaker 7: About every it seems like about every six months and nine months year, another tool overtakes each tool, like Claude has absolutely overtaken chat GPT right, right, And now the question is what's going to be Is Claude going to be able to hang on or is something else going to overtake that? And you're also seeing, you know, Claude going from you know, not version three to version four, but version four point six to four point seven to four point eight, and the capabilities and what it is doing already exceed that of the Anything you built on top of four point six is somewhat obsolete already because using four point eight it's better or it's absolutely different, like it might not be working the same sort of way. So it's a I feel like, you know, you're trying to we're riding we're riding surf in real time here and trying to keep up with thing. That's uh so it does not it Not only is it happening, the speed at which is happening is increasing, right, So it's not it's not just progressing amazingly, it's progressing even faster and faster and faster. And that's sort of the both wondrous but also terrifying aspect of it.
Speaker 2: It is incredible, it is why it could be depressing, but it also could be wonderful.
Speaker 6: Who knows, Who knows, and everybody that hates AI still has to hold out hope that the medical advances are going to be astronomical, right, that they're going to be able to diagnose and treat and have a plan for anything you have almost immediately. Well, that's the goal in our lifetime, I think, is to have that essentially a push button fixed.
Speaker 2: I do my very best not to talk about my intelligence level, so I'm going to be real qutul home careful here. But you know, the great experts continue to say that the one thing that's going to separate AI from humanity is consciousness, right, right, and perhaps that.
Speaker 3: Will be what saves us.
Speaker 2: You know, we can't explain or understand why we exist and why we think and why we're ere in here. And if we can't figure it out, perhaps AI can't either, and it will never have it. So that'll that'll keep it from surpassing us as a being.
Speaker 7: We used to cloud so much on our trip to the point where we would be like we are in the neighborhood of such and such in France, give us three hours worth of things to do and then you know, okay, we now are and okay, here, here's your route, here's what you're going to go see see that. Okay, we'll start doing that. See what happens? Oh look, we stumbled across this square. Does this have any history? Oh yeah, and here it is. This is all the history of this from the squares of sixteen hundred, I mean, and this is.
Speaker 4: Just trusting this cloud, yes, because I think this is a good guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't you know, you know, I don't particularly care if the history has gave me as absolutely active for the most part, every time we checked something on it, it was pretty good on it.
Speaker 7: But you know, we walk into a cathedral which is not a cathedral we were planning on visiting, or a church we were planning on visiting. And I'm like, okay, we find ourselves in here. Give me a fifteen minute, right up, a fifteen minute tour of this thing, and tell me where to go and what to see within the cathedral and the history of it. And within a minute and a half, I've got that well, and I'm reading it to my family as we walked through crazy.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's meanwhile, Chris is googling Lois Griffin and Lingerie.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah right, And.
Speaker 6: You don't need a for that is skilled.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you guys about NASCAR because it is time for the NASCAR update.
Speaker 3: Thanks for our friends of Starkey.
Speaker 2: That's right, junas Men's Health month, by the way, and men are almost twice as likely as women to develop hearing.
Speaker 3: Loss, but they're less likely to get it tested.
Speaker 2: This month is a great reminder of the impact of our hearing Go to starky dot com for a free hearing test.
Speaker 3: Please didn't. Hamler took first.
Speaker 2: In the Cup Series again this weekend in Michigan International Speedway, tying Kyle Busch in career NASCAR Cup wins Rip. It was an off weekend for the NASCAR O Riley Otto part series. Williams Sawallas will take on the Pocono Raceway in Pennsylvania, a big, old weird track this Saturday, June thirteenth on the CW three o'clock hour time. Pocono Raceways, a two point five mile trioval, nickname the Tricky Triangle, is highly notorious among NASCAR and IndyCar drivers because it features just three corners, each uniquely modeled after a different history track. So there you go, Starkey, thank you for the NASCAR update, and again, go to Starky dot com easily test your hearing and get started down a road of not having to go huh again?
Speaker 4: How I said?
Speaker 6: This is a week ago, But doesn't it feel like Denny Hamlin has been racing car since the fifties?
Speaker 4: Yes? I know, how old is this? Like the lebron of NASCAR? Like, how long has he been doing?
Speaker 3: He was one of those those wiz kids, man.
Speaker 2: I mean he was racing late models as a young man and made the transition pretty quickly. So yeah, I'm gonna guess.
Speaker 9: Yeah, his age is Oh do you think Denny Hamlin.
Speaker 4: Is forty? Five got look at you.
Speaker 3: And he is a co owner with a co owner with.
Speaker 4: Steve Bmberg. Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: Michael Jordan, that's exactly right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was one of the two.
Speaker 9: And he is the oldest active full time driver still on the NASCAR Cup Series.
Speaker 3: And he has never won a championship.
Speaker 10: Really, wow, what a scrub, buddy, Denny. Yeah, come on, he's got great eggs though.
Speaker 9: He James Dennis, Alan Hamlin a lot. It could have been JD, Hammler any of those. It could have been Al Jimmy, Cameo.
Speaker 4: Dan or JD.
Speaker 6: Sounds like a Nascar DA. Could have been Moons Hammy, you know Grand Slam Dusty Mon. Hey, he could have been Dusty Mon. Headlines.
Speaker 4: Next, this is the power of drim Morning Joe on the fan.
Speaker 7: Listen, keep listening.
Speaker 4: For the next chance to win.
Speaker 11: In YouTube channel for explicit videos, in depth takes, initials, password, games, unseen's content and more. Search KF and YouTube and hit subscribe today.
Speaker 3: Okay, final segment part of Morning Show. Here we are.
Speaker 2: Boney and Marnie both in the studio there with Corey and Saucy and whole gangs back together.
Speaker 4: Hi, Hi, Yeah, Yeah, it's feedback.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's good to have you. Any any trips planned, No trips planned.
Speaker 7: One of the advantages of having getting back the day before the Power Trip appearance is it helps me get my body clock back on.
Speaker 4: I went to bet you're welcome man.
Speaker 7: We went to bed at nine thirty last night, but to my body, that was four thirty in the morning, and I get good, you know, seven hours of sleep and get to come in here. So it's good you.
Speaker 6: Fly direct if we did fly direct from where? From Paris? From Charles de Gaulle, from Charles that hell hole.
Speaker 7: Yes, I told me that they hate Charles. I had no problem with it at all.
Speaker 6: It's a mess. It's like it just as it's a congested train raster.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I got p S fives though they do have pretty sick, pretty sick.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Right at the in the gate area, they've got a setup of p S fives. Sweet, said father and father and child playing together having a catchy.
Speaker 6: See, why don't they do it right and put slot machines by the gates?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 4: Come on? Hell yeah.
Speaker 7: The truck to getting out of Charles gall is a mess, but we didn't have any problems within Charles de gaul m.
Speaker 4: That sounds nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Delga's got at least four non stops straight to Europe from Minneapolis, Paris, Amsterdam, London, Dublin might be a Rome to now, Okay, Rome is another one, and uh why that is nice. It's so nice not to have to worry about switching planes halfway, halfway there or whatever.
Speaker 4: Especially when you're in the air. Wilson, it's hard to get off my plane. Great film.
Speaker 10: Yeah, expect one of those. In the Wreckage Brother, it's a very good not bad.
Speaker 6: That guy by the way and Dark Knight rises, the guy that Bane basically says like, no, we're gonna one of you's got to go.
Speaker 4: Down with the plane. It's gonna be you.
Speaker 6: That guy's just like okay, yeah, Like he accepts that way too fast.
Speaker 4: I mean, Bain's not going to give him a choice. That guy is going down.
Speaker 6: With the line.
Speaker 3: I related to that guy, volunteer.
Speaker 4: I think one of us should go down with the point. Somebody screaming from the movie theater he wants to do it.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is my time.
Speaker 6: A lot of people have said this. I think we've even talked about this on the show. But man, I think Hardy's Baine gets overlooked because of how good the Joker.
Speaker 12: Was, because otherwise he was awesome hard and Tom Hardy did a great job.
Speaker 3: I love that guy's an actor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's fantastic and that was a great performance. But it's like, well, Dark Knight Rises was not as good as Dark Knight. Ledger was way better than than Bain, but I would like the whole bit. But it was still like a nine out of ten. Right, he was fantastic, voice was cool, look was cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, part of it is because his face was covered up.
Speaker 7: You can't get as much out of the most of the stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, Well said that man's ass.
Speaker 9: That's a movie I haven't seen.
Speaker 4: I've only seen that.
Speaker 9: It's correct very good one.
Speaker 4: It's still very good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, longer than hell, Like every Christopher Nolan movie, that's very What does the Odyssey come out?
Speaker 4: Is that next month? Next month? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and can't wait? Hey, can I ask you guys a question that might know the answer? Bonus, Cory Marns, anybody, Max Hawk, Tacho And.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say, why don't you start naming almost everybody? You might as well have finished the list when they like.
Speaker 5: The ads for the Odyssey are like seventy seven, seventy millimeter and all that, Like, what's what does that mean? Like is it just the way a movie should be seen? Like Rosie's always excited to see movies in like seventy milimeters?
Speaker 4: What does that mean? Like the size of the film.
Speaker 11: Okay, they shoot it on so most most film is thirty five milimeter, so this is seventy So this is you know, massive. It's got incredible detail, basically as close to the human eyes you can possibly get. Now, the problem is when they you know, there's very few Imax screens that have that seventy milimeter capability, so they they show it and it looks really, really good. But the ones that have the actual seventy milimeter projectors, the few that still remain. It's breath taking image quality, and it takes a lot of work. It's unbelievable the amount of work. These things are huge, The reels are ginormous. But Nolan loves it and the people love it, so.
Speaker 6: I think it's you know, when you walk into Costco and they have that giant ass TV right in the front and they're showing a video of a caterpillar and you're.
Speaker 4: Like, God, it looks real. Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 6: It basically what he's saying for movies.
Speaker 4: I think it's the first.
Speaker 10: Commercial blockbuster entirely shot and with Imax cameras as well, Like the whole thing was shot with Imax.
Speaker 11: And what they did too is they invented a new Imax camera for it, because the big problem with Imax is the the Imax the noise that they make because again this film is so large, they need large motors to run it through the whole.
Speaker 4: The camera or whatever.
Speaker 11: So, uh, every audio, like any movie in the past shot in Imax, the audio had to be completely reproduced because it was onside. It was literally these loud engines around this camera. So they created a new camera, invented a whole new thing where they put it all inside. It's a gigantic, heavy thing that they were they have to carry around. It's unusual, but they're able to muffle the sound and make it so that they can still use the sound from the filming, which enabled them to do the entire film this time in seventy milimeters as opposed to just some parts of it.
Speaker 4: Then answer your question yes, and I have one more question. No, if like, no, this is for Hogsy, it's just brilliant.
Speaker 5: If like if I went to see that movie when I know what's going on.
Speaker 6: No, you hate almost every Christopher Nolan movie that's ever existed, You're gonna hate this one.
Speaker 7: This is based on a two thousand year old play songs novel. I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: I actually heard Tom Holland he's in this right on Amy Poehler podcast, and he explained the movie as he plays the son, Matt Damon plays his dad, and his dad is gone and they don't know if he's dead or alive, and the movie is about a son searching for his dad and the culmination of that storyline.
Speaker 4: He didn't give it away.
Speaker 9: He didn't say when he's found or when he you know, dead alive or whatever. He just said because I thought the same thing. Like they were talking about this movie and it's so grand and big, and I was like, I'm gonna hate this, aren't I Because I'm not gonna get it. It's going to be lost on me. So good question.
Speaker 6: So Spider Man's trying to find Jason Bourne and then there's a.
Speaker 9: Exactly when he put it like that, He's like, it's basically a boy. Oh, here we go up. It's a boy his dad and his dad trying to trying to make his way back to his son. But will he make it alive?
Speaker 3: Well, maybe maybe that is no time travel involved.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe that.
Speaker 3: Is the take that Nolan's taken on.
Speaker 2: But the actual story is about So the Trojan Wars just ended, Achilles, the Trojan Horse, all that stuff. Okay, so now they win and Menelais and Agamemnon and their troops they all go back home. And the thing about all these these troops, they were all led by different kings, and Odysseus is one of these kings. He's got his own island, right, but he's been gone so long and they couldn't text and say, yeah, I made it. You know, I'm heading home, So they didn't know if he was dead forever. So not only was he there for all those years waiting for the end of the Trojan War. Now he's got get all the way back home. But on his way back home, he pisses off uh uh Poseidon and uh and and and Posidon makes his trip home an absolute knifemare. So he's got to deal with the sirens on the island and the cyclops and all these different things, and he loses all his men. He finally makes his way home, and when he gets there, there's all these suitors trying to take over his kingdom from his wife, and they've been living in his castle to eating all his food and basically treating his son like crap and trying to get it on with his wife. And his wife thinks, you know, I'm gonna hold that a little bit longer because I'm sure he's still live, even though by saying you're gonna lose your kingdom if you don't marry somebody else.
Speaker 3: And then here comes Odysseus. He looks completely different.
Speaker 2: He's been gone forever and he's been living on islands with nymphs and stuff like that. And he comes in and they don't recognize him, and they have this. Finally, she says, Okay, I'll marry whoever can can can complete these challenges the best, and of course this homeless looking die and the guy shows up and he wins the challenge and uh and then he uh, then.
Speaker 3: He kills all the suitors. That's the story, But I don't know if that's.
Speaker 6: The way you understand it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if no one uses that story or not, because that the actual obvious He has a lot less.
Speaker 3: To do with the Sun, has more to do with the mom and Odysseus.
Speaker 9: But when you put Tom Holland as the son, you automatically know the movie. Yeah, it probably has a lot to do with the son.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm not I'm thinking of Tom Holland correctly. Is he that much younger than Matt Damon?
Speaker 4: Oh big time?
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Tom Holland and Spider Man, Spider Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Matt Damon's got to be early in the mid fifties and Tom's got to be thirties.
Speaker 4: Do you think they have a catch in the movie?
Speaker 12: End?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 9: Tom Holland is thirty years old. He was thirty last week.
Speaker 10: Then there is uh, you know the Iliad too, you could intake which is the or.
Speaker 9: How do you know all that?
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 2: I studied Greek stuff at the University Minnesota for a long time with religious studies as the focus.
Speaker 9: So that was thirty years ago, and you remember those details.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love Okay, Well that's impressive.
Speaker 3: I like the Illiot better than us. As a matter of fact, what's that on? That is about the Trojan War and Achilles. That's basically it.
Speaker 2: So, so basically, uh Menelaus' is Agamennon's wife is super hot. Paris, who was as the Prince of Troy, goes and kidnaps her because she's so hot.
Speaker 3: He can't have it.
Speaker 2: He's got to have her, so he brings her back to Troy and uh Menelaus and agmen On her brothers and they they're like the big kings and they grather all their armies and they go to Troy and they're.
Speaker 3: Like, we're gonna we're gonna kill you guys. You know, let her go.
Speaker 2: But it turns out Helen actually kind of she kind of likes Paris, and Paris is a good looking dude.
Speaker 3: So they they yeah, it's exact, yeah, yeah, yeah, you got it right.
Speaker 2: So one of the soldiers is Achilles, right and and and people know he's pretty bad ass. They don't know for sure that he's a god, they think he might be. And uh but you know, they skirmish, they fight, they fight, and then finally they're gonna have a big fight because uh.
Speaker 3: Achilles is h like a horse guy.
Speaker 2: Like his assistant is also his lover and uh Paris' older brother kills him, and so now Achilles gets pissed off and kills everybody. Right, But after I think seven years, finally they build the Trojan Horse and they go in and they take.
Speaker 3: Over twenty and that's exactly right. I mean, that's a very small synopsis of the Ilia. But Dely's a really, really great story. And O there's some tragic characters.
Speaker 10: So Achilles is a bad guy, well not, He's in the Greek like world of stories.
Speaker 4: There's not hard like villains and ros. That's where like heel came from.
Speaker 2: That's exactly where God's dipped him in the potion to make him immortal, and they held him by the heel.
Speaker 4: The heel, you're like the bad guy.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I've never put that together, but you're right anyway, I made it sound.
Speaker 7: And this whole thing was written about seven hundred BC.
Speaker 3: And they're not even sure if it was written by one horse.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Homer. Most is scholars don't think that Homer was a real guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, twenty eight hundred year well twenty seven.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well the rest of it confused me, so I had to I'm just dumb it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, it's it's deep good stuff.
Speaker 9: Well, if you're making a movie though in twenty twenty six, it's sort of needs to be modernized, right, They're they're not going to make it true to its roots in the story.
Speaker 3: There's so many great characters in those books.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you'll see it, right, Oh, I couldn't be more excited. Okay, all right, well you see it in the seventy millimeter.
Speaker 6: I'll pay watch Michael McDermott.
Speaker 10: Well, it's sold about a lot of IMAX theaters a year ago when the tickets opened, Like, it's going to be really hard to see it in imax.
Speaker 9: Where do we have Imax here? To go to the zoo or it's closed?
Speaker 10: Imagine has a couple of imagines have one? A couple of AMCs have one.
Speaker 9: That's my imagine. It might AMC Southdale, Rosedale, Imagine.
Speaker 4: Lakedale, the Lake.
Speaker 10: The one is the is the biggest Imax screen in Minnesota.
Speaker 11: I think I did see a movie there and it was it is pretty big.
Speaker 4: I can't confront would you see Minions or something?
Speaker 11: Twenty one pilots live in Mexico Jesus Christ.
Speaker 13: And also with you, okay, all right, a British woman, Oh, brought to you by all Around.
Speaker 6: By the way, thanks to all Around for roper heaven. A British woman found a very unusual way of keeping her late pet dog close to her by having his ashes mixed in with her semi permanent eyeliner.
Speaker 4: That's disgusting.
Speaker 6: Her dog's ashes are in her semi permanent eyeliner.
Speaker 10: And if my best friend died too, liked og or yeah, like an animal.
Speaker 9: I mean, if you're going to find a common use for ashes, wouldn't you put it, you know, in some form of necklace, locket, blanket, you know, something practical. I don't think eyeliner would be where i'd keep my pooch dog, puppy, jeez.
Speaker 4: Best friend, sauce.
Speaker 6: You know. I want to be in a heist, correct, And sometimes over the last couple of years, we've learned that, look, you don't have to rob a bank or rob an art calory. You could steal something bizarre, something bizarre, very great like this. For example, an investigation is underway after more than ten thousand bottles of bourbon were stolen from a Philadelphia warehouse in broad daylights.
Speaker 4: Ten thousand bottles.
Speaker 6: It's noble oak bourbon, worth about five hundred thousand dollars, So sauce, ten thousand bottles, five hundred k Yeah, how much is each bottle?
Speaker 4: Five grand? Five hundred? Is it right? Fifty sixty seventy eight? And today I'll do this. You can do this. Ten thousand bottles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're worth five hundred thousand dollars. How much is each bottle? Take your time, hey, sauce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole time he was gone, you didn't have to do math once. Remember that you are correct.
Speaker 3: You can do this.
Speaker 4: Fifty five hundred, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Final answer, Yes, it's fifty fifty.
Speaker 4: That was wrong.
Speaker 7: But why would you fifty dollars fifty dollars bottles of bourbon?
Speaker 4: I don't know, because they're worth a half a million.
Speaker 7: But I've got a lot of carrying for fifty dollars a bottle?
Speaker 4: Right, Because what are you going to do selling one at a time? Yeah? Correct?
Speaker 6: I mean are you going to throw like a super Bowl party with your stolen bourbon? What are you gonna do with a half a million dollars in bourbon? I don't know? Party hard to flip that, I think, right, But do you have a distributor lined up? What are you doing with this stuff?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Correct, It's like the downside is significant, right, you could go to jail for a long time.
Speaker 4: Again, I don't know what the upside is.
Speaker 6: If it was you could immediately sell it for a half a million, well, then, yeah, you just robbed a half a million dollars from somebody. I don't know what you do with these bottles, right, Maybe they want to shoot them or something for like target practice. I think we talked about this story a couple months ago, but it's popped up again. This is the strangest thing ever, and I honestly have a lot of questions about how this would just logistically work. There are two Republicans on a ballot in Alaska for a Senate seat that are arguing and fighting. They're not getting along, and the reason is one of them is accusing the other one of rigging the race by saying that one of them is intentionally confusing people.
Speaker 4: Do you know you guys remember this story. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Their names are Dan Sullivan and Dan Sullivan, so they have the same name, and one of the Dans is saying that the other one is intentionally trying to make it as confusing as possible. Sure, what my question would be is like, if you go to the ballot and it'll aaskt a vote, and you're like, I'm voting for Dan Sullivan and you know exactly which one you want? When you roll in, does it just say Republican Dan Sullivan? Republican Dan Sullivan? Like if they don't have pictures, how do they differentiate the two on the ballot?
Speaker 4: I would be I would be very.
Speaker 6: Skeptical that I'm voting for the wrong one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, do they not distinguished as one as Daniel or Dan something exactly dandruff.
Speaker 4: But I would say for the I.
Speaker 6: Don't know the backstory at all, so I'm sure there's a thousand layers to this. But for the one Dan Sullivan accusing the other one of confusing people intentionally, I'd say, buddy, you're both confusing us all accidentally. So if one of them is leaning into it more than the.
Speaker 7: Other, one has to be the incumbent, right, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, but probably.
Speaker 7: The other one is deliberately or somebody's running the other one is a way to mess up.
Speaker 6: Because if one was a Democrat and one was a Republican. Then it would be like, sure, I'm voting for so and so was Dan Sullivan, but they're both Republicans middle initials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sure maybe, But again you got to assume that going in you remember.
Speaker 6: Which right, the public is probably going to forget which one is which?
Speaker 4: What a mess?
Speaker 2: What are the chances did the guy change his name? Is that not part of the story, do you remember?
Speaker 7: Or or somebody found somebody named Dank convinced him to run as a Republican to mess it up?
Speaker 3: That might have been it.
Speaker 10: I can't remember something like an early two thousandth comedy.
Speaker 7: I mean, there is Murphy. Isn't there an Eddie Murphy movie that's something like that, Like Edie Murphy gets elected to Congress by having a name that.
Speaker 4: You're thinking a house guest with Sinbad. Great film, right, Hawk Bill Hartman is not?
Speaker 3: Are you think of the movie, Dave?
Speaker 7: No, there's a movie where, however, I'm almost sure Eddie Murphy ends up.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, his name is.
Speaker 10: His name is Thomas Jefferson Johnson, and he wins the US Congress seat by exploiting his name, exploiting the name of a recently deceased congressman.
Speaker 7: That's right. Yeah, Like the incumbent was named Thomas Jefferson or something like that, and his name is Thoma Jefferson Johnson or something like that. He runs and he ends up finding his way to into Congress and he's you know, completely.
Speaker 4: Sounds like something.
Speaker 6: Speaking of movies, what are we going to get is Ridley Scott is making a new version of Treasure Island.
Speaker 4: And Long John Silver.
Speaker 6: Is going to be played by if you have if you saw this, don't guess Long John Silver is going to be played by let me google a picture.
Speaker 7: Who's the sheriff and stranger things?
Speaker 10: Oh, I'll go with David Harber.
Speaker 6: Not a bad guess actually that he's a good actor. He was very good in DTF. Saint Louis urkle.
Speaker 4: Us. Julia White is going to be Long John Silver. Did I do there, John? Nope?
Speaker 6: I see what you did?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 4: Well played Dustin Hoffman.
Speaker 9: No a younger actor or older actor.
Speaker 6: This guy is probably, I would say, pushing sixty. He's got to be close to sixty now, definitely fifties. Steveman, Tom Ham, Bet Tom Ham.
Speaker 4: It's John Ham's twin brother. Uh, Peter Storm Mayer.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's a good guess who's that? You would know the face that was off the top of roupe? Google it me on, know who it is?
Speaker 4: Who is it?
Speaker 6: This person is most he does a lot of things, most famous.
Speaker 5: For being a superhero though. Oh DeNiro or uh Robert Downey Jr.
Speaker 6: No, good guess.
Speaker 5: Oh Chris Evan Snope, nope.
Speaker 4: This guy plays store. Toby McGuire, Nope, nope. You guys are all dancing around it.
Speaker 10: Dusty Mont Christian Bale like one of the first exactly, go back further, go back further than the Iron Man Avengers.
Speaker 4: Oh Ed Norton like the beginning of the two thousand.
Speaker 6: Exactly, Max is all over it. Oh, this is one of those This is one of those actors that almost no one else should ever try to play this role because he is this is.
Speaker 4: It's just him and no one else.
Speaker 6: No one else has right, no one else hasn't, No one probably shoulder.
Speaker 4: Here William Defoe.
Speaker 6: He also likes to do musicals once in a while, but he's more the Wolverine.
Speaker 4: Exactly huge, This great.
Speaker 9: Great Greatest Showman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, great movie. Apparently the trailer is out for the fifth and final season of the Bear. So Dave Schwartz's long national nightmare is almost finally over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have two bear stories.
Speaker 4: The trailer looks great. I can't wait. I'm sure then I cannot one season ago? Yeah, do you bear?
Speaker 3: West Glacier, Montana?
Speaker 6: Oh no, bring those bear bells.
Speaker 2: A San Diago man recovering after a horrific grizzly bear attack wonder why well, hiking through Montana's Glacier National.
Speaker 4: Park, been there?
Speaker 6: Gotta have the bells said.
Speaker 2: That he thinks he would have been fine, but he had these bells that kind.
Speaker 4: Of the opposite.
Speaker 6: I guarantee you if they had had, if he had been swallowed hole and they cut that bear open, that guy would have been found with no bells.
Speaker 2: On right, he came face to face with not one, but two grizzly bears during his hike, says, I see something off to my left and it was a smaller cup, but it was already behind me. Oh it was walking, continued walking in my direction. I didn't seem to know its house there, but behind him the mom.
Speaker 4: Mom, the mom noticed you from a mile away. I smelled you, he said, I did.
Speaker 2: At that point, what the kind of teacher or trained you to do. Just alert the bear so you don't startle them. You make them aware, Hey I'm here, Hey bear, Hey bear.
Speaker 6: They always say, Yeah, you can say Thomas Jefferson Johnson.
Speaker 4: The bear doesn't know words. Just make I look back to the future. Three. Yeah, exactly, hey bear.
Speaker 3: Here's the exact point you're making, Corey.
Speaker 4: He says.
Speaker 3: It had its nose in the snow, and then it looked up at me.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm over here. Yeah, you want to wrestle. That food is making noise, he said.
Speaker 3: As soon as we looked at each other, it charged me.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I just kind of thought this is it. It bit down on my arm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you know what that bear thought that that guy was saying, is hey, I see that baby cup over there and I want.
Speaker 3: To eat it.
Speaker 4: And the mom's like, oh the hell you are with the wrong marine.
Speaker 2: Ye get down on my arm and dragged me twenty feet fantastic. I kind of flipped landed on my opened up my eyes, and the bear had continued running down the mountain.
Speaker 3: So just at the last moment, the bear changed his mind.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, wow, yeah like that.
Speaker 9: Yep, that ain't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So helicopter had to get him out of there, but it did cost him twenty thousand dollars to be helicoptered out of the Yeah, yeah, even after his insurance.
Speaker 3: So there's that.
Speaker 2: And of course my second bear story is about after his insurance, even after insurance.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the shirts covers helicopter ride from a bear attack. Are you ready for Mayhem?
Speaker 4: Not our.
Speaker 2: The Ostrich just shook his head at him. Nope, Southern Minnesota is mourning.
Speaker 4: Todd ah Portio double D. That's a terrible name.
Speaker 2: The bears made everybody warm and fuzzy by wandering around between Austin and Mason said he just driving around, driving around. Oh no, but he did wander around the highway. Black bear who's running made him an overnight and sensation. People everywhere affectually blended him into the settings and just Todd. Todd was everywhere and they loved him. And then he ran into a car at five forty five am a couple of days ago on Interstate ninety sixty three year old ass you drive SUV driver from Austin struck him.
Speaker 3: Later determined it was Todd the Bear. Everybody sat in the city of Austin and they're eating their spam and missing to Todd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep. Have we all hit a deer in the past. It's scary.
Speaker 3: It's going to later today if I can.
Speaker 4: It's terrifying. It startles you to death. It's so crazy.
Speaker 6: It is a terrifying experience to clip or hit a deerh I just I can't imagine hitting a bear and processing what just happened. I know, I don't tell me man, I find out that it's Todd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I don't feel bad.
Speaker 2: I was driving along, driving along coming home the other day from Warwood, and a deer was running in the ditch beside me, and I just knew at any moment he's going to turn off. But I got up close to the side of him and like, okay, we's not going to be able to get in front of me now. So I beat my horn and that son of a bitch went like this run along and you looked at me like, I know you're.
Speaker 7: I see you taunting you.
Speaker 4: Take your fast, brilliant.
Speaker 3: He waited till I got past it.
Speaker 2: Any went across the road behind me like literally like he's like, I see you, I.
Speaker 3: Got this from war Road.
Speaker 4: I deal with you. People the stereotype.
Speaker 6: So one of my favorite power trip debates in the history of the power was when Sauce argued that he would rather just swerve off into the ditch than hit beer, and we had to explain to him for like six hours, it's so much better to hit the deer.
Speaker 3: I think we ever got through to him.
Speaker 4: I'm going into the ditch, and that's a terrible idea. A buddy, You're like, no, I'm not letting that thing hit my car.
Speaker 12: No, don't drive into the ditch, just hit it. No, man, I'm going into the ditch. Best of luck, evil, your your mind hasn't changed.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm I'm going to hit the deer.
Speaker 5: And if the deer isn't dead and it caused any damage to the side of the car, my son's and.
Speaker 4: I'm cutting its head off and throwing it down a hill.
Speaker 7: That's like an over over.
Speaker 4: That was a little much.
Speaker 9: Alogize, you're in a weird place right now.
Speaker 4: I apologize.
Speaker 3: You might need to talk to somebody, but.
Speaker 4: Jeez, John Bonus, welcome back, man. It's so good to be.
Speaker 3: Careful leaving the party line.
Speaker 2: Don't hit his car, Mandy, I'll be Friday.
Speaker 6: See your Friday by nine no noon, his next to power to return tomorrow five thirty to nine.
Speaker 4: Right here on the van, ready for I Love.
Speaker 3: You haven't read day. Everybody to take care of yourself.
Speaker 4: You get to.
Speaker 6: From the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: This report is spunk