Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again. We're gay running back to.
Speaker 4: Get in on the show called eight six six, not eighty seven two five seventy, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vasselas.
Speaker 3: Welcome the Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: David vasse with you after the Dodgers hold on for a six to three win over the Rangers, winning the first two games of this series and looking for the sweep tomorrow afternoon here at Uniclo Field.
Speaker 3: At Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are.
Speaker 2: Are writing high right now without their big guns really hitting on all cylinders. I know we spoke to show Hey Otani earlier tonight. I know he's got that on bass streak forty five games, but he admittedly said in Toronto that he hasn't really felt the feeling of Otani yet, and he feels like May again is going to be a big year for him. Last year, he hit more home runs in the month of May than he ever hit in any other month last season. He hit fifteen home runs last year in the month of May. He hit seven home runs in April last year and had an ops of over nine hundred. It was nine to forty nine to be exact. And for Otani this year, he has four home runs and nine RBIs and he's hitting two eighty three tonight in the first inning. That lead off home run in the bottom of the first inning was his first extra base hit at Dodger Stadium. Albeit it was only six seven games, but you know that's not something that you're used to from the best player in the game, So it was significant for him to have his first extra base it in the form of a game tying home run in the first inning. And then ta Oscar Hernandez having what I predicted to be a resurgent year after the work he put in during the offseason, came up big like he did so many times in the first half of last year and all of twenty twenty four, came up with a huge three run home run with two outs in the bottom of the first inning to allow Ema Chiin to ease back into the game and really start attacking the strike zone because he had a four to one lead going into the top of the second inning. So to me, that was a real difference maker, not only to tie the game that was big in itself, but also for ti Oscar to not squander having two runners on and being able to come up with a big swing. And what's incredible is, you know, I went to go sit down with a friend in the loads section right below actually the radio broadcast booth, and just once one level lower behind home plate, you can see the top spin of excuse me, the backspin of ta Oscar Hernandez's home run. To me, it was a no doubter or you could just see it continuing to have that backspin and continuing to carry into the right field pavilions over the home run seats out there.
Speaker 3: So that was huge.
Speaker 2: And I can't say enough about the Dodger defense and the fifth inning by those two young kids who are doing different things to help the Dodgers win in different ways, and Alex Frielan and Hayesan Kim, those two had a really nice inning ending double play in the fifth inning. So a good night for the Dodgers and a better night for Emi Shean specifically, because it's been a little bit of a of a struggle for Emit Shean. You know, I brought it up to him in Arizona on March fifteenth that the fastball velocity was not where it was all of last year, and to start this year it hadn't been either. His fastball velocity was ninety three miles an hour on average this year. Tonight it was back to where Emmit Sheen has it ninety five miles an hour, and his slider was even a tick a tick sharper, the spin rate was better. He only made two mistakes, one both to Brandon Nimo won in the first inning and then a slider to Nimo in the sixth inning. Outside of that, he was really good. But this looked like Emmit Sheen. We had not seen this version of Emmit Sheen yet this season, and I'm talking about spring training as well. So it's a big sigh relief to get this type of start out of she and tonight to go six innings, especially with Roki Sasaki pitching tomorrow, because quite frankly, you don't know what you're gonna get tomorrow, and the Dodger is going to have to be on high alert tomorrow, in particular benk Asparius, because Justin Robleski now is part of this six man rotation. So just huge in a lot of different ways to get this type of outing from Emmitt Sheehan, it's head downstairs to the Dodger clubhouse to hear from tonight's winning picture on Sports at LA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, I think, you know, obviously there's some pitches I wanted to have back there, but delivery wise, throw wise, everything felt a lot better. Stuff was playing and I was executing a lot better today, So definitely stuff in the right direction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you look at just kind of the bullpen and the work that you were able to do between this one and your last outing, what do you think has been the biggest difference for you?
Speaker 5: I think it's just a couple simple things with the delivery that were different. Connor and Mark have been great about, you know, trying to get me on the right track, and I think it just took a couple outings for it all to click.
Speaker 6: But yeah, what.
Speaker 2: Happened to be having the seven days between starts to benefit you.
Speaker 5: I don't know, it definitely felt like a long time. I don't know if I felt good. I've felt good the past three so I don't like how arm wise, I don't think it really made that much of a difference.
Speaker 2: In the delivery where you'll kind of figure out.
Speaker 5: I mean one of the big things this week was like the glove tap, just timing everything up. Before that, I feel like I was getting in good positions. I just wasn't timing everything up the right way. So I think that that helped a lot.
Speaker 7: How big with the polition do you think there was between that, like the velocity where you kind of wanted to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's a big correlation. What was it just about your week of work here with the extra game, what you guys were doing. I mean we got to throw two bullpens, which is nice. Maybe you know, step on it a little more in the bullpen, try to throw it a little harder and get it a little closer to game speed, which which always helps the law super Just like the way the slider was playing, kind of the bigger thing tonight to do. I don't know, I think they kind of go hand in hand, just like execution tied end with just being confident in the stuff. So yeah, I think it kind of goes in and in, like you know.
Speaker 3: What's babe, rob with your delivery, timing wise and field. Actually it that it actually get the changes to be consistentcy like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it can definitely be tough sometimes past like month and a half, we've been trying to work on it, and you know, it felt like at times it wasn't, you know, progressing the way it should. But yeah, stuck with.
Speaker 3: It all right.
Speaker 2: There's Emma Sheen on Sports at LA. A couple of things that I took away from what he said is something that I observed in his first couple of starts. It felt like in the last two starts, Shean was kind of easing into his starts, meaning that he wasn't attacking right away, wasn't going all out right away, just kind of easing into that first inning and the first couple of innings, and that's where he would get into trouble. For example, in his last start against the Nationals in Washington, DC, that's the way it went. It was a rocky first three innings and then it seemed like his fastball and sliders started to play up in the final two innings that he was out there for. So you heard him say they kind of had him step on it in the bullpen warming up before coming out for the first inning. And he keeps insisting to all of us, and now you got to believe him that the reason why the fastball velocity was down was because his mechanics weren't lined up. And he kept on insisting he wasn't hurt. And look, it kind of made sense even before tonight. I never thought he was hurt. It just never seemed like it was on track. And he made it clear to me the day after his start that he wasn't hurt. And he's kind of pointing the finger at me for pointing out that his fastball velocity was down back on March fifteenth. There's there's something to know about Emmit. Shean long memory. He doesn't forget things. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Rangers tonight, six to three. Let's go out to Diamond Bar. Jeff, you're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 8: Jeff, Hey, David, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: I just I wanted to mention that. I think Dave Roberts over the years, I think people have always just said he's got a loaded team, and he's just kind of, you know, calling the shot. He pulls out his binder and just goes and it tells him what to do. I really think tonight and this whole season so far, he's kind of really proven to me and to others at least well to me for sure, that that he really can understand the situation of what's going to happen on his own and be able to take control. When he was able to see Trident the way that it was going and knowing what that would do, but still pulling it and saying, you know what, let's bring in Let's bring in Bessia right now, and being able to shut down that inning. I think that was just a huge decision, a very tough decision. I think bringing Tanner Scott back has been a very tough decision, and he's able to to go that and trust his gut and trust.
Speaker 1: In him to do it.
Speaker 8: I think having Kim and his defense.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, he's not trusting his gut to go to Tanner Scott. Tanner Scott's on his team. He's got to use him. It's a new year. That's not trusting his gut. But I understand what you're saying, and quite frankly, Jeff Dave Roberts has managed really well the last two years in the World Series, in the postseason, and I go back to twenty twenty three, even when they were swept by the Diamondbacks that year in the NLDS. You know, he did not have a as loaded of a pitching staff as he has had the last couple of years, and he managed really well. But you got to give a lot of credit to his bench coach, Danny Lehman, the pitching coach Mark Pryor. They really are there next to him to help navigate all that. So it's not just Dave. He has a great support staff and that's what makes him a good manager. He leans on those guys, and you know, he's ultimately the decision maker, and we've seen in the World Series and postseason that he'll go a little bit on his own because he's seeing something that you know, tells him he wants to trust a guy to stay in there like he did with Trinan in the twenty four World Series, or do what he did you know with Yamamoto in the World Series last year, So you're right, yeah, he's pretty good. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. I am glad that you brought up the Dodger bullpen because I learned early in my career relievers don't appreciate when you go talk to them, only when they blow games or blow saves.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So Jack Dreyer did not have a great outing in Toronto in that final game a few days ago, and he stood in front of his locker, wasn't feeling great about himself, but he answered the questions. But tonight he comes back strikes out the side in the seventh inning, first time in his career that he struck out the side. And quite frankly, Jack Dryer looked like the Jack Dryer from last year. So we had two guys that found themselves again and Amid Sheehan and Jack Dryer tonight, and certainly that was that was a good sign that Dryer was able to have a short memory and come back and do his thing against a very good lineup. He struck out the side in the seventh inning. Who was Andrew McCutcheon, who came off the bench for Jock Peterson. He struck out Evan Carter, who's one of the better left handed hitters in their lineup, struck him out looking, and then was able to get Kyle Hhagawa for the final strikeout of that inning.
Speaker 3: So good night for Jack Dryer.
Speaker 2: Did anybody I'm not in the clubhouse tonight, did anybody go up to Jack Dryer tonight? If I was in there, I would have walked up to Jack Dryer, because that's the etiquette of a reliever. They are keeping score on you if you're in the clubhouse and only talk to them when they blow games. Did anybody talk to Tanner Scott? I felt like we were at his locker a lot last year. Do you know that Tanner Scott is off to a great start. Six and two thirds innings, has allowed just one earned run, has eight strikeouts and no walks. And Alex Vessi, who came in to get the last out tonight six and a third scour listenings to begin this year, So there's your bullpen roll call. And Blake Trining has certainly pitched really well this year as well, So just a little pulling the curtain for you on how relievers think and view the media. If you only talk to them when they blow games or give up runs, you're out. Celebrate ninety years of racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day. For heart pounding action and new experiences, visit Santa Anita dot com slash events. All right, let's go out to James, who is at Dodger Stadium tonight.
Speaker 3: How you doing, James?
Speaker 9: Good? David, Hey, my dad and stepmom are still in the car. Haven't let him out since the last time we talked. I'm kidding.
Speaker 10: We were at the game. Had a great time.
Speaker 9: Question for you, A good question for you, David. Actually two one. Emmett looks so good, great pitch efficiency. I was with a friend of mine who's a diar Braves fan, and we looked at him a few innings in and where like he's doing a Maddox with his pitch efficiency. Why did Roberts pull him at seventy seven? As my first question on the pitch.
Speaker 2: Count, Well, the sixth inning was a little bit high stress, and I'm sure he just wanted to build off this start. Because of how the first couple have gone. So you get him out of that after six innings and he feels good about himself. After kind of a high stress sixth inning, you could see him starting to get a little frustrated and he wanted to match up the rest of the way for the final nine outs.
Speaker 9: That makes a lot of sense given the rocky start that he's had, David, I agree with you now after saying that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: And they had two lefties coming up, and I'm sure Dave Roberts was trying to force Skip Schumacher's hand there to see whether or not he would pinch it for any one of the first two lefties that he was going to face in the seventh inning. So Jack Dryer, just like I mentioned before, you you called in Jack Dryer delivered struck out the side in order.
Speaker 3: So it obviously was the right move.
Speaker 9: That was tremendous to see. I mean, Dryer looks so good. I mean, he has so much poise from his rookie season on and just the fact that he can solve any Rubik's cube in twenty seconds or less.
Speaker 10: I mean, pitchers we know are the smartest in the game.
Speaker 9: Next to catchers, but it was great to see.
Speaker 1: Him have that.
Speaker 3: What's your second question?
Speaker 9: Second question is with Mookie Windeel Bleak looks like he's going to be back sooner rather than later. But when we look at our bench, I have just felt that Miggy Rowe, because of his defensive prowess, situational hitting and he sunk him with his speed and his defense, are by far our two best infield options compared to Espinol and Freeland, both of which are great players, great to have. But do you feel that those two Rojas and Kim should be our first two guys off the bench or to fill in to give guys like Monthy and Freeman a blow you know in later.
Speaker 10: In games it's a blowout kind of situation.
Speaker 2: Look, I agree with you, Miguel Rojas. He's made amazing plays even at thirty seven years old. But he's thirty seven years old, James and playing in his last major league season. You need him on his feed and feeling good at the end of the year, so you can't run him out there in April every single day.
Speaker 3: So I like what.
Speaker 2: We're seeing from Freeland and Kim and get them getting an opportunity so you find out what you have with these guys, and we all know what you got with Miguel Rojas, and you got to keep them fresh for not just April and May, but you got to keep them fresh for October. So I'm all good with that. Thanks for the phone call. Eight sixty six nine eight seven five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Rangers tonight by a final score of six to three. Let's go out to Taka, who is visiting Los Angeles from Japan. Hi, Taka, how are you?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: David?
Speaker 6: How about you? I'm great?
Speaker 3: Was this your first time to Dodger Stadium?
Speaker 6: Yeah, actually this is my first time to visit anyway to what's the game for the Dogess? You know, I couldn't even imagine that. Who held tany hit the home run just in front of me? You know that's so great?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really you were in that section at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and were you close to catching it?
Speaker 6: No? Youso? You know features in the Dogess. It's an excellent you know, she had she handed a great job.
Speaker 2: And I tell you was was Dodger Stadium everything you thought it would be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's so so experienced.
Speaker 2: You know, what did you get to eat? Did you have a Dodger dog? Did you go for the all you can drink Otani cup?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I just gotta I didn't get a drink so from Otani.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Well, I hope you come back soon to visit us. And uh, awesome for you to call in. Thank you for even being aware about this show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you so much, David. How was this night?
Speaker 2: Do you listen to Dodger Talk in Japan on the iHeartRadio app? Yeah? All right, love it talking. Thank you so much. Thank you every day. I love it. See international. This is not a local show. It's an international show. I'm telling you that. Thank you, Taka. Awesome for you to call in. Great to have you here in Los Angeles and had a Dodger game for the first time. Eight sixty six seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, we'll check in with jose Mota. Take your phone calls and also hear from Blake Snell, who threw the hitters for the first time this year. And we'll also let you hear from a fan favorite that now has signed with the Tijuana Toros. We broke that story earlier this afternoon. We'll let you hear from that former Dodger as well. Tonight the Dodgers be Corey Seeger, Jock Peterson, Skip Schumacher and the rest of the Rangers six to three on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger Talk with David Bassan.
Speaker 11: Wind of the two to one pitch and Towash hit a drive deep to right field.
Speaker 1: This ball is gone.
Speaker 11: Oldtani ties it up with one mighty swing in the bottom of the first home run number four for sure. Hey, Old Tony, it's his first extravation hit at Dodger Stadium this year.
Speaker 2: I was sitting in the loaf section, section one oh five when Otani came to the plate. Everybody had their cell phones out, hoping to capture a moment, and he delivered in the bottom of the first inning a game tying home run, and everybody was checking out their videos. It's incredible. I've never seen you know, I remember when Mark McGuire or Barry Bonds would come to Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: You see all the flashes.
Speaker 2: Back when people had actual cameras, they would see the flashes at night. But I've never seen a baseball player get this type of attention where you come to the game just to see him and you.
Speaker 3: Have your cell phones out.
Speaker 2: I actually screamed in the section, I said, get your phones out for tail? Where were your phones for tail? Three run, home run, go ahead shot. I really did say that. I said, hey, get your phones out for tail right here, three run home run coming. And he delivered with two outs and the Dodgers beat the Rangers six to three.
Speaker 3: Daniel S.
Speaker 2: Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel S. Jeweler's gift card, visit AM five seventy LA sports dot Com. Used the keyword home run, enter your name and you could win. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 2: Right, Jose, get your cameras out for taoscar Hernandez too, not just show.
Speaker 10: Hey the only person I get the camera out for is you yourself, David, You're the only person I do that for.
Speaker 3: You never know what could happen, that's for sure.
Speaker 10: With you, for sure, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: Jose Fernandez, he put in a He put in so much work this offseason, and I feel like we're seeing the fruits of that. He's beat out infield singles, He's played really good left field. He's having fun, he's hitting home runs again. It feels like Tao's back to his old self. And he told us yesterday he's as you mentioned, he has to remind himself to shrink the strike zone.
Speaker 10: Shrink the strike zone and at times, don't be tentative and don't be so pretty William mechanics just love to let it fly, man. I think for Tail is important to understand that sometimes pull awareness and pomote is a plus for him. And when you pull the baseball with that swing that he has, you're not pulling with your body, You're pulling with your hands. And for Tail, since last night that single of the sixth inning against Garcia, has been a different guy. He flew out later in the eighth inning to left field, and then you see that the barrel coming out is a big difference. We know the mechanics, so we see the approach. I mean, all throughout sprint training facing let's say it less we're pitching, he was square to the ball going the other way, just to make sure he establish everything mechanically and fundamentally. But now with bigger pitching and guys that have a pattern against him, it's important that he stays through the ball. But also understand sat his hands have to go out there and play. He's done a good job in pulling the ball as of played the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: What's the difference of achieving that. But also you hear about using the big part of the field when you go right center right field for Tao and other right handed hitters. Is that a something that he wants to do as well.
Speaker 10: Yes, Dave, here, let me explain it to you. The approached to the middle the field is a mentality. It's you telling yourself, hey, you got to stay thinking through the middle, so you stand the pitch is a little bit better, whether it's a fastball that you lay off of inside or outside, or the breaking ball, which is the pitch of really most guys get themselves out on out of his own and you tell yourself, hey, if I stay thinking middle, I'm going to allow myself to suit a little bit longer. But my hands have to do the work. Doesn't mean it's not that to pull the ball. It just means that you're gonna wait perhaps the last minute or even just cheat sometimes. And so I'm gonna stay scored. But if he if I see a fastball middle in, I have to rip it and just let it fly. And that's what mentality. If I go out through mentality and the polling side, and you know the opposent thinking I'm gonna pull the ball, your body starts going in one direction, your hands slow down, your vision changes because your eyes are not in the baseball at the right time, and the timing is off. So that's what it means when you think about middle of the field. But middle of the field also means then on pitches a little bit better in terms of spoiling pitches. Was pictures Pictures don't want you to do consistently.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota is joining us on Dodger Talk after the Dodgers beat the Rangers six to three. Jose, Emmit Shean finally look like Emmitt Sheen again. Uh, the fastball was up, the slider was up, and he said that there was a mentality in the bullpen to come out firing right away. How big of a difference was all that to his success.
Speaker 10: It's big for a guy like I remember this guy was on reha for a while, came back and pitched in June. Then he was starting relieving. Sometimes run over and or skipped in the rotation and go to the bullpen. Pressure, everything that you have to go through. One thing that I noticed, and I love his interview to talk about the two bullpens, Dave, that is so big. That is going back to the Alanto break of the Amazonian bullpens between stars y. I think there's a play catch type of bullpen, a touch and field type of bullpen. And when another one is she and said, you just let it go and put in game game mode and put yourself in a situation like that. And as I'd like to find pointers and especially for youngsters and for us to remember about not just mechanics and the shoulder and their footprint in the right direction. He mentioned his glove path, glove path, whether the glove he has to be going in the right direction, breaking the hands at the right time, which allows his arm to be in the right spot, which you and I talked about after his first start. I'm slot for him is so important because it allows everything else to come to place. And the new trend for Ama Chien it's ground balls and Washington twelve ground balls tonight nine ground balls. But the way he's doing it is under said like a yamamodo and showed it with a two seam and sinker today nine ground balls, second most of his career on fastballs, on sliders and on change if he take away vernon nemotre and is now standing out at which it is no matter what?
Speaker 2: All right, Jose, Before I'll let you go Tomorrow, the Dodgers are looking for the sweep. They're facing Jacob de Gram, but they got Roki Sasaki on the mound. How will we know if things are gonna go good for Roky early in the game tomorrow.
Speaker 10: If we see more strikes down the middle early in counts and we don't see the trying to maneuver and be too fine around his own early incounts. He needs to get after people, allow people to go out there and just take their best swings. But also I'd like to see that slaughder being finished. Use it early in counts, allow yourself to actually get a little looser with your FASTBA which helps a lot of guys to find a release one. But don't be afraid to let the sloder go. He cannot live on fastile splits in this league, and he knows.
Speaker 3: It all right. We'll look out for that. Thanks, Jose.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you after the game tomorrow and we'll see whether or not Sasaki pitches well and if the Dodger offense continues to do their thing one through.
Speaker 10: Nine another so that he got too for you, David.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, thank you, Jose, I appreciate it. There he goes Jose Mota. Part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast with Luis Corchito Cruz. Tonight's game brought to you by Modello Modello The Mark of a Fighter. Dodgers beat the Rangers tonight six to three. Coming up in a moment, you'll hear from Blake Snell, who not only pitch to hitters today, but I asked him about that viral video of critics coming at him while he's playing video games. I'm sure you saw that on social media, so Blake had a good time with that. We'll let you hear from him in just a moment, but first, let's go out to Greg and Burdbank. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Greg, David.
Speaker 12: Bassey, I'm so excited to be here.
Speaker 9: Listen.
Speaker 12: I am so pumped up about the Dodgers right now. I can't even what a great start we're having to this season.
Speaker 10: I'm so super fired up.
Speaker 12: But I'm calling in regards to what you guys are talking about earlier.
Speaker 8: I feel like when you.
Speaker 12: Mentioned Kim Freeland and Rojas, we are so fortunate to have those guys in our arsenal, But I think we're missing the boat with Santiago Espinal, who's had an incredible spring training. He's hot, and I think he's gonna be a young talent that's gonna be with us for a long time.
Speaker 9: What do you think.
Speaker 3: I don't know about a long time, Greg.
Speaker 2: He's a veteran, he's a former All Star, and I do believe he's a valuable guy to have on the bench, and certainly the Dodgers value him. But the way Max Munsey is swinging the bat right now, in the quality of at bats it's hard to get espinal in there. But going into the season, he was aware that is at bats were going to be far and few between, and he was going to be here for his defense. So you need players like that that embrace their role and understand that. What's interesting about tomorrow day game after a night game, usually Will Smith will get the day off, and tomorrow Dalton Rushing should be starting in the game, first time since hitting two home runs in a game in Toronto. So it's been almost a week since we saw Dalton Rushing start a game, and we should see him tomorrow. Nice all right, thank you for the phone call, Greg appreciated. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: Earlier.
Speaker 2: Today, Blake Snell threw to hitters for the first time this season. Look Snell is in the mode where a pitcher would be at the beginning of spring training. He's throwing multiple bullpen sessions. And now, if you remember in spring training, after all that the first two weeks you start to face hitters, it's not an all out thing. It's minimal, and today was that day for Blake Snell. He threw fifteen pitches. Alex Call and Tommy Edmund were the two batters that got to stand in against him, and they didn't hit the ball hard. And you know, Snell was looking at fastball command when Edmund was standing from the left side of the batter's box. He used the first pitch curveball to Alex Call struck him out on three pitches, and he was happy with the way he was able to take this step, but he understands there's a lot more work to do, and it was just fifteen pitches today. He'll do it again before the end of this homestand so you're gonna probably see maybe three more four more of these as he builds up, and then he'll go out on a rehab assignment which will take us into May for when he's going to be ready to start in a major league game. But not sure if you saw this viral video. Snell is on that Twitch app where he streams and interacts with fans as he's playing video games, and one thing got into his chat and it kind of triggered him, questioning about his left shoulder injury, and Snell kind of snapped back at him, and I asked him about whether or not he saw that viral video and what his reaction is to a lot of critics out there that are that are on him for not starting the season on time. We've seen online that you've interacted with fans, some positive, some negative.
Speaker 3: You want to talk to my shoulder too.
Speaker 2: How do you block all that out and not try to rush yourself to get back hearing all that stuff when you're gaming?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I'm trying to game with my people. Them trolls when I get in there and I don't. Yeah, I got something to say. I should watch my language a little bit. But outside of that, I mean that's pretty true. Yeah, I mean I'm gonna have fun. I'm gonna be myself. Yeah, I gotta watch my language. Though my mom sees that.
Speaker 2: Oh probably, I think everybody's seen it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got the call yet, but it's coming.
Speaker 2: How do you block all that noise out and just stake care process.
Speaker 3: That you don't have to set that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's opinions, you know, from people that I would never listen to for you know, a suggestion, So it doesn't matter. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna have fun with it and troll back. I'll do that, but I should wash my.
Speaker 3: Mouth anything you want to say to your left shoulder.
Speaker 7: Right now, I like where it's at, I like, where's at.
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 3: Right? There he is. There's the response to the viral video.
Speaker 2: And look, he gets into that room, gets into that chair, puts on his headset, starts gaming. And look, it's a it's a different world in the gaming world.
Speaker 3: We all know that.
Speaker 2: And he likes to have fun, he likes to entertain, he likes to be a DJ in all of it. And that time he let he let one of those critics get to him. And nobody wants to be out there pitching tonight more than Blake Snell. That's obvious. And look, he's a he's in a good spot mentally and physically. He told me he hit ninety five during this session against call and Tommy Edmund, which is a good thing for the first time facing hitters.
Speaker 3: So he's on his way back.
Speaker 2: And I in spring training, I said, Sinko Demyo is the over under for me.
Speaker 3: Win Snell will.
Speaker 2: Return to the Dodger rotation and just looking at when Sinko Demayo is the Dodgers will be on a road trip in the middle of it. Towards the end of it in Houston, and then they'll come back home for a homestand against the Braves and Giants.
Speaker 3: I could see that happening.
Speaker 2: In that in that middle of May area, whether it's on the homestand the seven game homestand or on the West Coast road trip Angels Padres before they go to Milwauk. I could see all that, and maybe even the Dodgers have picked a date at the end of May. But he'll be ready to go mid May, for sure. And things are going in the right direction for blakesnew which is a good thing. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Rangers tonight six to three. They're looking for the sweep against the Rangers tomorrow afternoon. With Jacob de Gram on the mound, who's coming off an MRI on his right knee, I guess everything is well ish and he's going to make the start tomorrow. I wanted to let you know that I broke the news earlier this afternoon that former Dodger Justin Turner, forty one year old Justin Turner, who was looking to play this season in Major League Baseball but never got the call, has decided to sign in the Mexican League with the Tijuana Toros, and after I broke the news, I confirmed it with a couple of sources.
Speaker 3: Berner took to his.
Speaker 2: Social media page and sent out this message to his new fans in Tijuana, Mexico.
Speaker 3: Hey, Toro fans, jt here.
Speaker 9: I just want to let you know that I am fired up to join the team and to bring another championship back down to Serro Colorado, and also wanted.
Speaker 3: You guys not to worry.
Speaker 1: The beard is definitely on the way.
Speaker 8: Back Atoya mas Perme, Alquiporero Tro Campnaldo, the Rogasoo Colorado.
Speaker 1: You know Setro Copan, la Bara Regassara.
Speaker 2: Hey, how about that Espanola from Rohoaching Gone Justin Turner. That was pretty nice Justin Turner. I mean, he speaks better Spanish than Austin Barnes did, and he was on Team Mexico's team in the World Baseball Classic. He's going to fit in perfectly there, and you know that's going to generate a lot of interest for the Tijuana Toros. And I think from Justin's side of thing, he's a baseball rat. He loves the game. He wants to play, and he wants to probably prove to a lot of major league teams that he's got something left in the tank. So what do you think about Justin Turner signing with the Tijuana Torros. Do you know who the manager is, by the way, for the Tijuana Toros? None other than former Dodger, former Red, former Yankee, former Expo roberto'kelly. That's right, roberto'kelly who was traded for Henry Rodriguez.
Speaker 3: In the mid nineties. That's right.
Speaker 2: Can you believe the Dodgers traded O Henry Rodriguez for roberto'kelly and Henry Rodriguez turned into be a major sensation with the Expos, hitting forty plus home runs. Yeah, the Dodgers did that. The Dodgers used to make a lot of bad trades back in the day. And uh, look, uh it's it's uh. When I heard when I saw Roberto Kelly, that's the first thing I thought of was the Dodgers traded Henry Rodriguez for Roberto Kelly. But Roberto Kelly's the manager, uh for Tijuana, And Justin Turner is gonna play for him, and we'll see where it goes.
Speaker 3: By the way. In case you're.
Speaker 2: Wondering about other former Dodgers from like twenty seventeen to twenty twenty that you may have lost track of. Austin Barnes was in camp with the Mets. He was on a non roster invite, did not make the team. Bad situation to make the team because the Mets are loaded at the catching position. Chris Taylor got a non roster invite with the Angels. He did not make the team out of out of camp and opening day, and I believe he's reported to Triple A Salt Lake City now. Walker Bueller actually had a good start with the Padres last night, six scoreless innings his best start with the Padres last night. So those are the guys I keep track of. I mean, those guys came up with the Dodgers. They kind of were part of the fabric of the organization from twenty fifteen to about twenty twenty two. I mean, in Bueller's case and Barnes's case twenty twenty four and Chris Taylor obviously had so many big moments for the Dodgers. So all those guys, I get nostalgic when I see guys like Seeger and Jock Peterson, So you know, you got to keep track of those guys. They were good to me, they were good to the city, and they were great.
Speaker 3: On the field.
Speaker 2: As the Dodgers had so much success building this momentum to where it is now with Otani and everybody else, it's on a different level now. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Ray who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight?
Speaker 3: Hi? Ray, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 10: Are you in there?
Speaker 8: We just want we just wanted to win.
Speaker 10: Kicking and mook Air coming back?
Speaker 3: Kick? Do you love me? Well?
Speaker 2: Keik is going to be back probably June July. He's looking good. I think he's healthy enough to probably if the Dodgers needed him to play in the next few weeks. But they don't need him to play in the next few weeks, so they're going to allow him to make sure he's at one hundred percent. And as far as Mookie Bets goes, he's not going to be activated when he's eligible off the tendil. I'm not sure exactly what's going on. I see him running with weights on his chest, so it seems like he's paying free, maybe just resetting in some ways, using this opportunity to reset, because he only had five hits in the first couple of weeks of the season. So that's where both those guys are at ray. And look, the Dodgers are in a great position of depth. They're doing this best record in baseball with eleven to three record without Tommy Edmond, without Mookie Betts, without Keik Hernandez, without Evan Phillips, without Brock Stewart in their bullpen, and without Blake Snelling their rotation. When they get all these guys back, I mean they're in a great position for the coming months. And when Evan Phillip Evan Phillips returns at the end of July mid July, that's like acquiring a relief pitcher. So they're in a good spot right now. And if Emmitt Sheen can continue to pitch the way he pitched tonight and be Emmic Sheen, then they're in a really good spot. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Rangers tonight six to three. Emmit Sheen went six innings tonight, allowed just three yearned runs. Ta Oscar Hernandez hid a big, two out, go ahead, three run home run, and Will Smith, you know, this guy goes under the radar because that's the way he likes it. But he caught a good game tonight and he was on base all four times and scored a couple of runs. So a really good night for Will Smith coming off a night where he hit into a double play last night in the fifth or sixth inning. It was a ground ball to third base, and uh it was bases loaded, one out, inning ending double play by Will Smith. If there was no out, that would have been a triple play. I mean the third baseman field it right near the bag, he would have stepped on third base, would have gone around the horn, and it would have been a triple plays. That's how that would have gone. So I guess in some ways it was good that Will only hit into a double play. But tomorrow's going to be interesting on a couple of different notes with his two starting pitchers, because, like I said earlier, Jacob Degram is on the mound for the Rangers, and he's coming off having some right knee discomfort. That's his push off leg, and I guess it felt so bad that he got an MRI on the right knee and it turned out okay. So that's something to keep an eye on tomorrow. And of course it's a crap shoot with Roki Sasaki these days. Let's see what the Dodgers get from Roki Sasaki tomorrow. Our coverage begins at noon with Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. First pitch between the Dodgers and Rangers as the Dodgers looked for the sweep at one time. That'll do it for us tonight on Dodger Talk. Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbank Studios. A great job again, Colin, Thank you for your help. Thank you to Dwayne McDonald out here in his old man sweater smoking jacket sweater that he wears. Maybe you should try to shop at Uniclo and handle that. They got jackets. We're at Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. It's a great clothing company.
Speaker 3: I've seen it.
Speaker 2: You should get a jacket there, just the PSA. Anyway, in case you missed any of the show, you could find it on the iHeartRadio app. You can follow me on Twitter at the Real Underscore DV and on Instagram at officially Vassa. That's where you can hear our pregame conversation with taoscar Hernandez yesterday, a great one that's gone a great response for Tao because he's a great guy, great smile, great player. And today Alex Freeland joined us. And that's you can find all the Dodger content you can ever ask for. Others will take it for themselves, others will aggregate it for themselves, but this is the og place for it, your home for the back to back world champion Dodgers and five seventy LA Sports and Dodger Talk once again. The final score tonight the Dodgers defeat the Rangers six to three. Have a great rest of your Saturday.
Speaker 3: Seal