Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 7: Hi there, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday, July the twenty second, twenty twenty six. You're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers, first place atop the NL West. There in Philadelphia, wrapping up this three game series against the Fight and Phills Dodgers sixty four and thirty eight on this season, eleven and a half games up in the division. After dropping the series opener, the Dodgers came back last night, fought their way through the rain, and got a little help from some sloppy base running from the Phillies to wrap up a win.
Speaker 5: As the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Tonight go for the series win at Citizens Bank Park with Eric Lauer the left hander on the mound, first pitch coming up. A three forty Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here, Amrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're going to hear from the manager Dave Roberts. Get the latest on show. Hey Otani, who threw a bullpen session today. More on that coming up. We'll preview this pitching matchup. David Vasse will join us throughout the hour. He's gonna go one on one with Dalton Rushing Dodger ketcher coming up in about forty five minutes, we got your Dodgers' magical moment. Charlie Steiner will stop by in just a little bit. Kirsten Watson from Sports No at LA will be by as well, and in just a few minutes we head out to the Galloping Forward broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and a Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 7: Last night in Philadelphia, the rain started to fall late in the afternoon.
Speaker 5: That meant a rain delay eighty minutes.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers in Phillies waited for this game to get under way, and when it did, it did not disappoint as far as a pitching matchup was concerned. Justin Robleski, the All Star, pitched into the seventh inning. Zach Wheeler should have been an All Star ten Game winner already on the first half of the season. He didn't want to go to the All Star Game. He felt like he should have been a higher pick. Well his loss. He went seven innings last night, gave up two runs on five hits while striking out nine the Dodgers. Justin Robleski gave up an Alec Boum single to left in the first and just like that, the Phillies jumped out to a one nothing lead.
Speaker 5: In the rain.
Speaker 7: However, Robleski and Wheeler would settle in. They combined for sixteen strikeouts in just one walk, as Robleski pitched into the seventh inning. You go to the fourth though, and Zach Wheeler made a mistake runner on for Max Muncie.
Speaker 8: Max Montsio for one with a K steps in with one on, one out and the fourth the Dodgers trailing by a run. First pitch flies at the straightaway center field hill on his horse on the warning track.
Speaker 1: To cut the wall.
Speaker 4: Goodbye, Max, smoke one see into the trees in center field to flip the scoreboard. Home run number nineteen for Monseie, his second on this road trip, and it's two to one.
Speaker 7: La Max Munsey with the home run a two run shots as he passes Ron Say for a second all time on the all time list, tying him now and only trailing Eric Carrols with two hundred and seventy. So the next one will put him ahead of the great Ron Say. The Penguin last night, Justin Robleski had the lead and did not look back. As Justin Robleski would pitch in to the seventh inning, handed it over to Evan Phillips. He pitched into the eighth when Tanner Scott came in to get the final two outs of the eighth inning. He did that, but then in the ninth inning the Phillies got a little traffic on the base pass bom singled JT Rule Muto double. Brandon Marsh then hit a squibbler to third base and pinch runner Justin Crawford with a base running.
Speaker 9: Blunder on one, Marsh squips it to third months in the glove and Crufford's cut between third and home the throat of rushing he runs down the line pumps a throw gives it to Bets.
Speaker 4: Crufford is tag runner between second and third.
Speaker 5: Real Muto, He's caught up the bag.
Speaker 4: He's out at second, and the bowl game is over.
Speaker 2: That's a win for LA and thank you for some terrible base running.
Speaker 7: Great job by Steven Nelson there and Nelly with the call on the old five to two six four double play.
Speaker 5: Happens all the time. Right to end a game with the.
Speaker 7: Double play like that, as the Phillies ran themselves out of a potential winning rally in the ninth inning, Dodgers will take it. They get the win. Dodgers prevailed last night two to one. Justin Robleski is eleventh winner this season. Tanner Scott gets his fifteenth save of this season. The Dodgers now sixty four and thirty eight on this season, tied with the Brewers for the best record in baseball. Rodgers eleven and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks in the nl WES and tonight the rubber game of this three game series.
Speaker 5: Eric Lauer on the mound, the.
Speaker 7: Veteran left hander, first pitch, coming up at three forty and with more let's head out to the gallopin of Ford broadcast both on this Wednesday afternoon, as we say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Guys, here we go, Tim.
Speaker 8: It's the rubber game for the Dodgers and Phillies here at Citizens Bank Ballpark.
Speaker 5: It'll be Eric Lauer.
Speaker 8: For the Dodgers, Aaron Nola for the Philadelphia Phillies, and Moe. What a ballgame we saw last night, A well pitched one at that it was certainly a pitcher's duel. And once again, in reminder, we talked about it in the series opener, We discussed it again last night, and I'm sure we'll see it again today. The little things in games like this with Team two opponents like this, they determined everything.
Speaker 2: Really, we saw some mistakes and base running up both sides Alfonso earlier on. It went on cruise control halfway between third and home, and there was an out at second. Bass Otani was trying to stretch a single into a double ran into the third out of the inning, but the run did not score. And then the unexplainable double play the end the ballgame, and just really some bad base running, not by one, but by two different base runners for the Phillies and the Dodgers I think were a little stunned with that victory and took their time coming off the field.
Speaker 8: G two Remuzo said after as it was just a lapse in judgment. It's just one of those moments, Mow where your mind goes blank, and we've all been there. We can all empathize with th remutso, but it just happened at a terrible time.
Speaker 5: In the last two.
Speaker 8: Trips we've had to Philadelphia the Division Series a year ago and this weekend, we have seen some weird plays in the field to end ball game.
Speaker 2: And we've seen some terrific plays during the games on both sides, even in this series, and it's kind of strange. So one run victory of the Dodgers are now nineteen and thirteen, which is a little bit better than what they were able to do in last year's contest with the single runs, but still an eleven and a half game lead over the second place Arizona Diamondbacks. Dodgers are not taking their foot off the accelerator, but they do have the luxury now making sure that there's starting pitchers are not being overtaxed with a high pitch count, and that's kind of the story coming into again tonight's ball game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Justin Orbleski was able to go into the seventh inning. It was the sixtieth time this year that a Dodgers starter has thrown at least six innings. It's the most of any starting staff in the major leagues, and already more instances in twenty twenty six than the Dodgers had in all of twenty twenty five. They did six plus inning starts just fifty six times in one hundred and sixty two games a year ago. Starting tonight and trying to continue that ride is Eric Lower And you talk about revelations, mo, Eric Lower has been nothing short of that is Dodger ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has, I mean the number one picked by the pres in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: It's been a while.
Speaker 2: It's been sixteen days since he had a start, and that was against the Rocky. He's in a good one. He went three innings and gave up this in the sixth innings that he worked. But if you look at Lower, I think one of the things he's able to do is, you know, he relies on that fast a great deal.
Speaker 10: He gives different.
Speaker 2: Eye levels up down, in and out to the hitters, and he's worked at very very well to this particular point. So making his thirteen start, and that's after having three different relief appearances out of the Dodgers' bullpen.
Speaker 8: So it'll be Eric Lower trying to pitch the Dodgers to a series win against the veteran right hander in Aaron Nola, who has struggled so far in twenty twenty six. We'll talk a little bit of a bit more about him and get a key from mo when we visit with you a little bit later.
Speaker 7: Tim, All right, thank you, Nelly. So we cut you down to first page. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on ed Shakey's Pizza Parlor. Maybe you didn't have lunch, maybe a little early dinner into a little Dodgers Baseball. Order your Shakey's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at shakys dot com. Coming up here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, David vat Say goes high and Tight with Dalton Runching. DV checks in with the very latest on show, Hey Otani. We'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts latest on the injury front.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 5: We got your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 7: Charlie Steiner up next though your Tani Rewine and we visit with Sports net LA's Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to the rubber game of this three games set for Philadelphia Dodgers and Phillis.
Speaker 5: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for.
Speaker 1: LA Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers in Phillys one final time from Citizens Bank Park.
Speaker 5: Justin Rubleski.
Speaker 7: Last night was fantastic in the pitchers duel with Zach Wheeler Eric Lauer trying to duplicate that and get a Dodger win and head back to New York for a weekend set against the Mets.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up at three forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewhyd Well Show.
Speaker 7: Heltani last night was one for fourth, a couple of strikeouds the basic. He had tried to turn it into a double but was thrown out at second and he was out at second before Leols or Alfonso could score would have been the tying run of the game, but a single. Trying to stretch into a double with the sore left knee, he gets thrown out at second. Otani again last night, one for four with two strikeouts, a two to eighty seven to batting average of three to ninety four on base percentage for Sho Heo Tani. More on him. Coming up is show hey through a bullpen session. We'll have more on that coming up.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 7: Hey Kirson now joins Ys from Philadelphia. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with o Ka Kierson. The Dodgers tonight in the rubber game of this three game series, a chance to get a series win in Philadelphia. They go up against Aaron Nola, a guy who has not had the most success this year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, he's got an ERA over five. And this is a guy who you know, yes, in the past, has had success, but the Dodgers have gotten to him a lot. And when you look at just the offense of this road trip. I haven't been too many games, really, only like one game in which we've seen the offense.
Speaker 5: Really break out.
Speaker 11: So the hope is that we can hopefully see that and things on a high note here in Philadelphia. It's funny, I was talking to a few of the coaches and some of the players who are part of the All Star Game, and they're like, it kind of feels like we've never left Philly. Like they're just like, we're still here even though we were in New York over the weekend to fight. So you obviously the All Star Game was an amazing experience for them, but the hope is to really leave on a high note. Eric Lower has been really great for the team. He's been such a steady guy in the rotation since he's come over from the Blue Jays, So the hope is that he can kind of set the tone, but really that the offense can just use their experience and the success they've had off of aeron Nola in fine ways to get to him and kind of leave here with a bank. That would be a nice thing to do.
Speaker 7: For the Dodgers as far as health is concern, they're starting to get guys back at the right time.
Speaker 5: With the trade.
Speaker 7: Deadline on August third, everybody wants to know about the big trade. But the Rodgers and Essence are getting guys back here like getting trades.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean that was a big question today, kind of are they buyers or sellers? And so right now is they're really relying on a lot of key arms and specific but also you know position players that are working their way back and doing really well. So of those guys, you've got Blake Snell who is currently on assignment, so he's continuing to build up. Dave roberts made it very clear that until he gets to five and seventy five, they're not going to bring They're not going to rush him back or bring him back early, kind of like we saw with his last time where he was going to continue his build up at the big league level. You've got keyk Hernandez whose return is going to be very soon. Even Dave Robertson was asked today like could we be seeing guys like him and Edwin Diaz come Tuesday when the team gets back to Los Angeles, And he said, well, he couldn't commit to Tuesday being the return date. For Keik, he said he might have some more time. He felt very confident in saying that. For Edwin Diaz, we should be seeing him return as early as Tuesday to start the homestand because he's about to throw a back to back and then he'll have one more outing on Sunday and that's the final thing on his checklist. So Dave Roberts feels very confident that not only is he in a good spot, but that he can return and be thrown back out there into high leverage as the closer situation. So they feel very excited about that and getting these guys to return.
Speaker 7: The help is on the way, and it's not via trade, it's via getting guys back healthy.
Speaker 5: That is awesome. Thank you, Kirsen.
Speaker 7: We will check out with you after the game is still to come here on Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David battag goes one on one with Dalton Rushing. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers in Phillies from Philadelphia. I'm Tim Katson This is the back to back of World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 1: All season long.
Speaker 7: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday as we lead you up to first pitch and the Phillies Worrongo Casino Resort and Spy a Grand Slam for good times. Eric Lauer Aaron Nola. The pitching matchup, First pitch set for three forty.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 7: Was it of my UCLA Healthy official medical partner on the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake trying it on the IL with the right elbow inflammation. Will Smith on the IL with the neck inflammation. Keyky Hernandez on the IL, working his way back from a left oblique injury. He's getting closer and closer to coming back. More on that in the second. Tyler Glastow on the IL. He is throwing off flat ground. Blake's now pitched it, inning in a third last Saturday in TRIPLEA Oklahoma City, striking out four in his first rehab appearance. Edwin Diaz on the IL, recovering from elbow surgery. He has pitched in Ontario with the Tower Buzzard. He started his back to back with Oklahoma City as they played a day game today right now in progress taking on Sacramento, and it looks like yep, Edwin Diaz has already pitched. He faced three batters through nineteen pitches, had a strikeout, a strikeout, and a single for his outing today. He'll make one more rehab after the back to back back, most likely over the weekend, and there is a good chance Edwin Diaz and Keiky Hernandez both are activated off the next homestand from the injured list. All right, let's head back out to Philadelphia and check out with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 1: Any questions for Dave, Dave?
Speaker 10: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 12: So obviously Mark was there. I didn't stand in on it. So we're gonna do a little debrief here shortly. So he's walking behind this camera right now, and so I'll get a little debrief from Mark once we finished up.
Speaker 10: I got I got bigger fish to fry. I gotta do this, I gotta do this.
Speaker 11: Scrum how much of a sign though, is that just for him to be able to get off the mountain.
Speaker 12: It's a big sign because I think that you know, the grass, the flat ground, all that stuff is well and good. The arms fine, So it's just more of going down the slope kind of throwing, getting over your front side.
Speaker 10: That's kind of the big test.
Speaker 12: So usually the bullpens are right around eighty eight miles an hour or something like that, so we'll see where he's at. I just don't know the effort today yet.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna start on this road trip right.
Speaker 10: Oh no, no, no, no.
Speaker 11: Do you have a sense of whether to me, when he is throwing affects some more day up or more like afterwards the recovery.
Speaker 10: Are I don't know exactly.
Speaker 12: I do think that you know, from start to start, there are times that while he's pitching, it's you know, not totally comfortable. There's a little compromising going on, and then there might be a little afterwards.
Speaker 10: So it's a little bit of a combo.
Speaker 7: All right, there's a manager Dave Roberts with the media just a few minutes ago. We continue here on Wrongo Becauseino Dodgers on deck. David Basse has got more on show. Hey Otani throwing a bull session. David had eyes on what was happening out there in Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: We'll hear the latest next. As we lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Phillies.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kateson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on tack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers Phillies, Eric Lawer, Aaron Nola. The pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: A couple of veterans going at at first pitch, coming up at three forty Dodgers Baseball brought to you by El Pato.
Speaker 5: Born in La and made for your game day.
Speaker 7: Al Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces to your plate every single time.
Speaker 5: El Pato. It's Gormet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 13: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 7: All right, DV the Big News show, Hey Otani threw a pullpin?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, the big news is that he threw a bullpen but it wasn't supposed to be today, at least from what we had been told all road trip. Dave Roberts had said the plan was to have Otani throw a bullpen session this weekend in New York. And we saw Otani go out there, he thought, okay, he's he's stretching it out here from center field to the leftfield foul line, and then you're starting to wonder is he going to throw the bullpen session today? And sure enough, he went out there. I watched every single pitch along with every other member of the Japanese media. Thirty four pitches. Three of them were with the catchers standing up, so thirty one, you know, going full boar bullpen session. And he threw his full compliment of pitches, from fastball to curveball to sweeper to split fingered fastball. And Mark Pryor, the Dodgers pitching coach, told us after that this was a type of bullpen session that Otani would throw before a start, but none of that has been determined yet.
Speaker 14: You know, look, he threw almost thirty pitches. It looked good, it feels good, so we'll see where he's at tomorrow I mean, there's not too much to elaborate on, but he's gonna hit the nine and we'll go to work. I think he's trying to make adjustments to his delivery to execute pitches, you know. I think ultimately like that's still like what the game's about. So you know, I think his delivery got off a little bit, kind of affected some things, but at the end of the day, like when he gets his delivery right, I think all his execution of his pitches has had a much higher efficiency, And so I think that's the goal.
Speaker 6: How much you see driving this not just the bullpen session, but you know, just him coming back to pitch, yeah, said and this was.
Speaker 14: Part of the plan, like once he started playing catch, was to see how he felt over the three or four days. But the plan was if everything felt good, he was gonna throw to day, you know, or throw a bullpen a day.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I guess the schedule was set up with the trainers, is what Mark Pryor said. Prior went out there about twenty pitches into the bullpen, says, but assistant pitching coach, that's why you have to these days, Tim Connor McGinnis, he was out there as well, but the big test is going to be how does Otani's left knee feel tomorrow when he wakes up after throwing that bullpen session being the dh tonight, and that will give the Dodgers and O'twani a better sense of when we may see him back on the mound in a game.
Speaker 7: David is brought to you by a Ford Summer sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year for the official vehicle of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 5: And off day tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Then it's off to New York for a three game set against the Meds, but not before a stop at a White House tomorrow DV.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the schedule did not lend itself to the Dodgers going to the White House when they were in Washington, d C. On the first road trip of the season, but it does work out tomorrow since they are on the East Coast, So the Dodgers will fly to Washington, d C. After the game tonight, do a stopover at the Capitol buil and then head over to the White House and after that jump on a bus, get on a plane and head to New York for the final leg of this nine game road trip. At City Field against the Mets. So it's been a whirlwind of a road trip, and for some of these guys that were All Stars, they haven't been home in almost three weeks.
Speaker 7: It's been a long trip and it's going to be longer going through New York this weekend against the Mets. DV great stuff. We will check back in with you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here, we'll get your Dodgers magical moment. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. We'll hear from Dalton rushing so much to get to before first pitch, the rubber game of this three game set Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim Kansons, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Nowhere.
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Huntings.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies one final time from Citizens Bank Park. Eric Lower and Aaron Nole the pitching match up. We'll dive deeper in the numbers between these two veterans.
Speaker 5: Coming up. It's been set for three forty.
Speaker 4: Without a hot dog.
Speaker 13: Who wants a hot con.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical.
Speaker 3: Moment Bitch Magical presented by Hawpy hot Dogs.
Speaker 7: Well, if the Dodgers taken on the Phillies, we go back to May third, twenty twenty three. Out at the Ravine, Dodgers and Phillies. Dodgers in the ninth inning were down runners on. In fact, the base is loaded for Max Muncie.
Speaker 15: The infield is in, The atfield is surprisingly deep.
Speaker 1: Moncie with a fly ball.
Speaker 16: All right, there's gonna be a walk off red slam over the small walling right. A big celebration awaits Monsie rounding third.
Speaker 4: His team is now gonna pound them events.
Speaker 7: Max Mounsey with the walk off grand Slam, his first walk off grand slam by a Dodger in nearly thirteen years. He did that in twenty twenty three. Before that, it was Andre Ethier back in twenty ten. He did a walk off Grand Slam against the Milwaukee Brewers, the last time before Max Monty did it three years ago against the Phillies. This Hofey Magical Moment brought you by Haffey Hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs Local and so great. When we continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Defield chuck in with Charlie Steiner that leads up to Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim Kats' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack.
Speaker 7: On your Home for the Blue All season long, Dodgers and Phillies wrapping up this three game set.
Speaker 5: Eric Lawer, Aaron Nola the pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: Time now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of this game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low prize for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Horizon store today. We say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 15: All right, Tim, we get ready for Game one hundred and three. After last night's wacky win Dodgers two to one. They're now sixty four and thirty eight, eleven and a half in front of Arizona, thirteen and a half in front of the Padres. Run differential by far the highest in Baseball.
Speaker 10: One hundred and fifty three.
Speaker 15: Eight teams are buying for three spots in the Wildcard race in the National League. The Cubs Affhillies at Diamondbacks, the Pirates, the Cardinals, Miami, Washington, and San Diego. Now, Eric Lower is going to be going against Aaron Nola today. Lower has been sensational since coming to the Dodgers. This is going to be his eighth start.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 15: Three and three twelve EER. The Dodgers have won every one of his seven.
Speaker 10: Starts so far.
Speaker 15: At Aaron Nola, who is lost in nowhere lately, in fact, last year and this this season three and seven of five sixty eight er twenty first start, and opponents are hitting to seventy eight against him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he gives up a lot of home runs. For Lower, it's going to be one of those nights too. Knock off the rust. Has been sixteen days since his last start. That was against the Rockies and gave up three runs in the six innings. He worked into that ball game as well. But for Aaron Nola, as you're talking about, yeah, you know, you start to look at the number of home runs. That's twenty three twelve in the last thirty seven innings that he has been on that mound and pitching. So it's one of those things Phillies have to get over a very frustrating loss last night. In fact, on the way back to the hotel, we were discussing it and I said, the only thing that was missing in the in the in that play to end the ball game, unusual double play because runners did not really comprehend what we're supposed to do. The only thing missing and you'll understand this, We've used this before. They needed calliope music in the background. That was a frightful way to end the game as far as the Phillies are concerned, or.
Speaker 15: The theme from Benny Hill. All right, there are two stories out of last night. Beside that Munsey's throw to the plate with second and third and one out to Alfonso, perfect throw. He remained cool and he hit his nineteenth home uenn of the year, which tied him with Ron Say with two hundred and twenty eight home runs. Duke Snyder the all time leader with three hundred and eighty nine. Gil Hodges next with three hundred and seventy. Duke hits seventy three home runs with Los Angeles, which happens to this had been the same number of home runs one Rick Monday hit with the Los Angeles Dodges. Whether you know it or not, you did it.
Speaker 2: Nope, didn't know it, and now I do know it. But if we look at Munsey, I thought that played last night. You and I talked briefly about this a little bit earlier. I thought Munsey was surprised. First of all, the Crawford took off towards home plate. He was running on contact. He'd been told, hey, look go on contact, and then MOOKI e bench looked very surprised when he got the baseball and saw, hey, there's a chance to end the ball game and get the runner at second base for the double play to complete it. But Munsey's been really kind of a magical story. I mean, you start to look back, Charlie. He was released by the Oakland A's in March of twenty seventeen, signed a minor league contract with the Dodgers one month later, and didn't play in the major leagues in LA before that breakout twenty eighteen campaigns. So, I mean, he's come full circle and he's not just a one trick pony. He's not just swinging the bat.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 2: He has improved, and I'll tell you what, he's been one of the steady third basemen that we've seen this year.
Speaker 15: He has hit two hundred and twenty eight home runs, same as Ron Say in four hundred fewer games.
Speaker 1: Not a ropeless.
Speaker 15: He improved his record to eleven and two, lowered his ERA to two sixteen, second lowest on the Dodgers behind own Otani. He's thrown one hundred and six and two thirds innings last year one hundred and thirty two innings in the majors and minors the year before. He threw in one hundred and eighteen innings last year nineteen hundred and thirty eight pitches this year fifteen hundred and twenty four, which may be a reason why Doc took him out last night after six and a third and eighty nine pitches. Robleski is going to be very important to this team down the stretch and beyond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's already been really a big important guy too, because out of necessity they had to remove him from the bullpen and put him in the starting rotation. And I think the Dodgers had that luxury obviously, as you mentioned, eleven and a half game lead over the Arizona Diamondbats. They're not on cruise control. They haven't taken their foot off the accelerator. However, they're looking long range, and what they did not want long range is to get into the playoffs with an exhausted starting rotation. And that's one of the reasons they're already managing workloads right here in the middle towards the end of July.
Speaker 15: Alrighty, so we are ready to go. It's the final game of the three game set off day tomorrow. Then the Dodgers and the Mets at City Field on Friday. Lineups and first pitch coming up in just a bit, Tim.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com slash us. When we continue here on Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you'll get a preview this pitching matchup. Rick and Nelly will be back with the keys to the game.
Speaker 5: But I'm next.
Speaker 7: We go high and tight with Dalton rushing Dodger catcher.
Speaker 5: So leads up to Dodgers and Phillies.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back of World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies one final time from Citizens Bank Park. Eric Lauer, Aaron Nole, the Pitchy Mageable dive deeper in the numbers. Coming up Dodgers Baseball, brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast win It's game Day, It's group Day, and Shaky's dot Com David and.
Speaker 3: Now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers are closing out their series in Philadelphia, and I'm joined right now by a man that has risen to the top and still has the eye of the tiger. And that is the one and only Dalton Rushing. Thanks a lot for the time. You know you got the eye of the tiger. Don't ever lose that look.
Speaker 17: I appreciate it, ass, It's always good being on with you, and I appreciate the kind words.
Speaker 6: I was waiting outside your hotel hoping that we could run the rocky steps together today.
Speaker 10: I heard that.
Speaker 17: I saw you got it in you and that shows a lot about your character.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that. That's why we we get along. We both I broadcast with a chip, you play with the chip, and I think that's that's part of what you bring to the table.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it is going good going bad doesn't really matter. I think everyone that's on the field, obviously, everyone that's in the stands watching me play, they know I have one thing on mine and it's doing whatever we got to do to win.
Speaker 6: You're mentally tough, but you're in the middle of your first full major league season. What have you learned so far about it just to get through it?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm I'm learning right now. In the moment, it's it's a marathon, it's not a race. It's one of those things. Behind the plate, it's a lot of taxing. You're gonna feel different every day. You got to figure out how to really just put wins on the board, whether it's behind the plate or it's.
Speaker 10: In the box.
Speaker 17: It's been a stretch for me, but thankfully we've been able to win some baseball games, win a series last week, and obviously moving into today, we have an opportunity to win another series against a really.
Speaker 13: A team last night.
Speaker 6: What an exciting finish that you were in the middle of an unorthodox game ending double play. How do you, Mookie Beds, Max Munsey, all keep your composure when the Phillies are doing base running things that would catch anybody off guard.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it was, like you said, it was a weird play. It was one of those things that's kind of like, just stand on your toes and react kind of thing. So once Monsely came to me with a ball, I knew my main point and objective is to take him back to third base. And as I'm running towards Crawford with Mooki in between us at third, I saw Real Muto kind of looked like he wanted to bounce off and go back to second. So it was I think that's what kind of led to the decision to get rid of the baseball, give it up to Mooki, let Mooki take that out, and then yeah, obviously it gave us a chance to get Real Muto back at second base.
Speaker 6: You saw what this team did during the postseason last year. Little things like that won the World Series.
Speaker 13: Where does that come from?
Speaker 6: As far as the attention to detail on defense.
Speaker 17: Yeah, this organization, this club probably pays more attention to detail than any baseball team in this world.
Speaker 10: It means everything.
Speaker 17: It changes the game when things start to speed up on other guys. It allows us to one hold the trust but also hold the upper hand on knowing what to do with the baseball, knowing what's smart, knowing what's safe. Like I said, last night was a really weird situation, and I think as a catcher kind of filled general side of things, it feels really good to know that that moment didn't speed up on us at all. As weird and unorthodox of a play as it was, it would have been very easy to just kind of speed up, get rid of the ball and then boom, it kind of blows up in your face. But yeah, I thought it was really cool out of all of us as a defense to take advantage of that moment and obviously the mistakes me.
Speaker 13: Dalton Rushing is our guest.
Speaker 6: He's been in the starting lineup tonight and has had a huge impact behind the plate on this road trip. He caught Yamamoto's complete game, and then last night you help Tanner Scott navigate a five out save.
Speaker 13: I think back to the eighth inning rush.
Speaker 6: As far as how you guys went to work against Schwarber and Harper Schwarber especially.
Speaker 17: Yeah, those are two of the best hitters in the game right now and have been for a long time. So it's, uh, you gotta you gotta dive in a little deeper for those guys. And they're playing their home ballpark. You know, they're juiced up for a moment like that. They lived for moments like that, so kind of you kind of call pitches accordingly and see what they're doing in the box and just understand what their main objective is and that a bat and uh yeah, thank god Tanner. Tanner put his stuff on the table for us and gave us a chance to win that game. Regardless of how the ninth went and the blow up that happened, I think that eighth inning was very crucial for us, and for us to get those three big outs against obviously some of their best hitters is pretty crucial.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 6: Before I let you go, I usually ask the questions, but I'm just gonna leave you with the piece of advice. Since we are in the city that Rocky Balboa made famous.
Speaker 13: Here we go. Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past. He must fight to keep them alive.
Speaker 17: Oh I like that, Mass, I like that. That's a good one. I appreciate that. I'm gonna keep that in the back of my head tonight.
Speaker 13: I love it. Maybe even put it another tattoo right there. How about that.
Speaker 17: We'll get another tattoo of it with David Vasse right under it. Get a picture of your face on my forearm.
Speaker 13: That would be electric.
Speaker 17: I'm sure you would like that for the advertisement.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 6: Well, speaking of that, my guy Dalton Rushing is going to receive a gift card to Travis Matthew. We want to say thank you to our friends at Travis Matthew who create elevated apparel and footwear made to meet the moment, like our guy, Dalton Rushing. Hello, thanks a lot, Rushing.
Speaker 17: Thanks Mass, always good.
Speaker 6: There he goes the man with the eye the Tiger, Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 13: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 7: All right, thanks a lot of DV. Thank you Dalton Rushing. Leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and the Phillies on this Wednesday afternoon. Coming up next We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere, Tim Katson, this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies one final time from Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: Dodgers playing tonight.
Speaker 7: Off day Tomorrow, go to the White House, and it's back to New York for a three game set against the Mets.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 5: Matchup brought to you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 7: Hasn't been an easy year for Aaron Nola three and seven five to sixty eight era, the thirty three year old righthander in his twelfth season now in the big leagues, all with the Fight and Phills. He's made three hundred and five career starts. He trails only Steve Carlton and Robin Roberts for the most starts in Philly's history. He pitched for Team Italy in the WBC made two starts, helping them to the semi finals. He oh and three with an EERRA around five in his last four starts last time out of rough Horn six innings, three runs, six hits, three home run, six strikeouts in a loss to the Mets. His knuckle curve, though still a problem to hitters, limiting them to a one to eighty four batting average against the Dodgers. Twelve career starts, he is three and three with a four to thirty one RRA seventy six strikeouts in seventy one innings. Dodgers last saw him in Game three of the NLDS last year for just two innings.
Speaker 5: Before that, they.
Speaker 7: Tagged him for a loss last May at Citizens Bank Park. Eric Lower four and five with a four eighty one ERA going for the Dodgers, the thirty one year old left hander has been fantastic since coming over from Toronto. He was one in five with an eeright near seven before getting traded to the Dodgers. Now with the Blue he's three and oh with a three to twelve ERRA. Is eight season now in the big leagues. Came up with the Padres first round pick out of Kent State, then the Brewers and the Blue Jays.
Speaker 5: Was really good last year helping them go to the World.
Speaker 7: Series and lose to the Dodgers, and didn't start off so great this year, so they traded him to the Blue Fastball cutter, change up, curveball, making his first start in sixteen days to seventh start with the Dodgers' eighth appearance. His last start before the All Star Break was way back against the Rockies, where he wins six innings, allowed three runs on six hits and a no decision. He is making his fifth career start against Philadelphia, two to one with a sub one ERA and thirty strikeouts. Eric Lower last face to Phillies last season as a member of the Blue Jays. Four innings in relief, no hits, no runs, and a couple of punchouts.
Speaker 5: So it's two.
Speaker 7: Veterans on the mound, Eric Lower, Aaron Nola, Dodgers and Phillies. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. I'm Tim Kasi's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers in Phillies one final time, the rubber game of this three game set, Eric lower Ar Nol the pitching matchup, getting ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo starts. A great moment, start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Soaporo, good wiz sushi great with baseball? All right, before first pitch of this rubber game from Citizens Bank Park, let's head back out to the booth. The guys on the call, Stephen Nelson, Rickmonday, guess all.
Speaker 8: Right, TC, Eric Lawer, Aaron Nola. Aaron Nola throws the first pitch. Momentarily, Mo, Your key to the game is what well I.
Speaker 2: Think with Nola, making him throw pitches and be selective, and the reason that he's given up already twenty three home runs two seventy eight average for the entire season. On top of it, he's not won a game so far at home in nine starts, he's zero and three. He's pitched better actually on the road itself. So for Nola, one of the things that he will do, in particular if he's behind in the count, becaus allowed of off speed stuff and he has a good change up. So that's the one thing. But I think the Dodgers can be much more selective against Nola. And how long he's going to be in that ball game, we'll wait and see.
Speaker 8: He has given up the home run ball quite a bit in twenty twenty six twenty three home runs allowed. He's given up multiple homers in five of his last seven games. And the Dodgers have some thump in the lineup their normal lineup, well, Tani Pie has Freeman, Munsey, Betts, Tucker, Teoscar Hernandez, Tommy m In Dalton rushing, and they want to continue that rough stretch for Aaron Nola series on the line, and it gets going shortly, all.
Speaker 5: Right, thank you Nelly.
Speaker 7: As a Dodgers start play, they are tied with the Brewers for the best record in baseball at sixty four and thirty eight. The Dodgers also and a half game lead in the nl WES. The Arizona Diamondbacks are.
Speaker 5: Up fourteen to three over.
Speaker 7: The Athletics that game in the bottom half of the eighth Innians, so barring a dramatic comeback from the Athletics. Looks like the Diamondbacks will win this game and maintain possibly eleven and a half game deficit behind the Dodgers. Keeping an eye on what's happening in Atlanta as the Padres and the Braves will get underway in about forty five minutes as well, when this game is over, I'll be back with all the postgame festivities, reaction from the clubhouse, all the highlights of course, and Dodger talk as well. It's the rubber game of this three game set and Phillies won the opener.
Speaker 5: Dodgers bounced back last night with.
Speaker 7: The win, crazy win as the Phillies ran themselves out of the game and the ninth inning Dodgers take the victory, and hopefully we'll take this series with.
Speaker 5: A win tonight.
Speaker 7: Day off tomorrow to go to the White House, and then it's off to New York again to.
Speaker 5: Take on the Mets.
Speaker 7: First things first, So first pitch is next Aaron Nola, Eric Lauer, Phillies Dodgers from Citizens Bank par This has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. On your back to back World Series champion Dodger. You're some audio network