Speaker 1: Speaking of sports, super Bowl yesterday last night. Next year, the super Bowl, I believe, is the day before President's Day and it's on Valentine's Day. Yeah, so you will get to party like it's nineteen ninety nine until midnight or later because you don't have to get up early next time.
Speaker 2: So like that, like four or.
Speaker 3: Five years ago, because I was on a ski trip, I remember, and I remember we all got to watch it on a Sunday, and it was.
Speaker 4: I think every few years. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: I looked so much forward to the Super Bowl and I shouldn't because it never really delivers. And it was like three to nothing for most of the first half, and it was like six to nothing field goal, five field goals, two touchdowns by the Seahawks, and then the Patriots finally scored, but it was too late. And thank god Bad Bunny showed up, because if Bad Bunny hadn't shown up, I think people would have left it halftime. They said, well, they would have done that thing in Minnesota where you slap your knees and you go, well, time to go, ye, And I guess yep, okay.
Speaker 4: Well, don't don't want to keep you folks up. Slap the n Yeah, okay, Joyce, you ready to go.
Speaker 5: I was a little surprised that the guy who got all the like kicks because he won some kind of record, like so many kicks points whatever, kick her, Yeah, there you go, that he didn't get an MVP.
Speaker 2: Seems like it was the MVP running back. Yeah Walker, no.
Speaker 5: Running back, Yeah, Kenneth Walker's name, But like, what the heck the one guy who literally had all of the points for the first three quarters.
Speaker 1: You're not a football fan, but you're not entirely wrong.
Speaker 2: I forgot about it.
Speaker 4: At the points.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the first time I watched it.
Speaker 1: Every time that it was like, there's nothing more boring the defensive battle. Everybody wants to shootout. That's where it's like, Okay, it's fourteen to twenty one in the first quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, n that's a good game.
Speaker 1: But it was like a defensive bat. Nothing more boring than a defensive battle. Every time the Patriots got the ball, they'd gained a yard. I think there was one one series of downs where they gained negative two yards. Come on, all right, enough sports talk, let's talk about the food. Yesterday we had chili, we had the blue cheese chicken dip, which was delicious. We had the Minnesota sushi, which I put a picture of up on my Instagram and everybody knew exactly what Minnesota sushi was. And then we had meatballs. But then my thing is how long do all these things last in the fridge? How long does Minnesota sushi last in the fridge? How long does because last week Susan, well, there was Tamali's because Susan was going to go out of town. So she decided, like, oh, I'm to buy Dave some crap food to eat while I'm out of town. So she went down to buyer Ley's and LUNs and got some like in a little plastic box to Molly's and they sat there for a week and by the time I ate them, they were dry a f oh and probably full of cryptosporidium.
Speaker 4: But I ate him anyway.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, Susan told me about it at our holiday party. This man will eat anything that's been sitting there for like a month on anything. But you do eat leftover is probably longer than you should, so do I I'm guilty too, So it is Bailey.
Speaker 2: I eat stuff that's really really old. All is the worst of the three of you. Yeah, tell her, tell everyone what Bailey.
Speaker 6: So Bailey had some yogurt and she said there was mold in it. She said, well, the exploration date's still good. So I'm just gonna scoop the mold out and then eat the rest.
Speaker 2: I just actually ate around the mold.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a little quizz here.
Speaker 1: This is I'm gonna give you a quiz Bailey, and you guys can chime into. How long is it safe to eat leftover pizza? You have leftover pizza, you put it in a glad ware so it's not still in the box.
Speaker 4: Leftover pizza. How long is it safe to eat?
Speaker 5: Well, I would say five days, because after five days it gets like too hard and you don't want to eat it anymore.
Speaker 2: So five days, three to four days.
Speaker 4: But you're not that far, all right, Okay. Eggs in a shell. So these are raw eggs in a shell. Got them in the fridge. How long do they last in there?
Speaker 2: I hope it's months, because that's how long it is. Month.
Speaker 5: Isn't it like five six six months? I'm gonna say six months?
Speaker 1: Die eggs in a shell? Three five weeks?
Speaker 2: I got not after the best buy date that's on the curtain.
Speaker 6: I think that best by date is always harder. You probably know better, Jenny, but I never know if it's best to sell buy, best to use buy? No, I use eggs for forever.
Speaker 1: Well, let's say here's one. Let's say the got a jug of milk. It is sell by date is today, So sell by date is February ninth. How much longer is that milk? Good past it? Sell by date?
Speaker 4: Bailey?
Speaker 2: A week?
Speaker 4: Correct? Exactly right?
Speaker 2: A week?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Smelling weird?
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing with milk is you can smell it and it'll give itself away. Where a pizza doesn't really smell that bad, right.
Speaker 5: Granted, I drink oat milk or I have oat milk at home, and technically that does have an expiration date, but it never smells bad dairy.
Speaker 2: I just keep drying fine.
Speaker 1: YEA lobster mac and cheese. Let's say you go out somewhere some lobs leftover lobster mac and cheese. How long can you keep that in a tupper wearing your fridge?
Speaker 2: Who has leftover lobster mac and cheese?
Speaker 3: I only say only like a day for that seafood and.
Speaker 5: Dairy two days, three, three to four days.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, that's good to know.
Speaker 1: Leftover taco bell they're still in the paper wrapper or still in the little cardboard jack clamshell box. You've got a Mexican pizza or a crunch wrap supreme? How long is leftover taco bell still good? I mean good tasting. Let's forget about whether it's good tasting hard as a rock. Forget about that safe to eat Bailey ten days.
Speaker 2: No, fourteen years. No, fast food is fast food.
Speaker 4: Three to four days, three to four days.
Speaker 1: Then it's like a lot of the things are three days. Cranberry juice, you open a buzz cranberry juice is in the fridge.
Speaker 4: It's open. Now, how long do you have to drink it?
Speaker 2: Six years? I would say you got like two weeks. Really close a month?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Vonn's very close. Eight to twelve days now.
Speaker 1: A lot of these foods they say they're safe to eat, but they'll lose some of their flavor and texture.
Speaker 2: Who cares about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, potato salad. Now you got mayo, you got eggs, you got all kinds of stuff in there. Potato salad. It's in a little tupperware container. How long is it safe in the fridge?
Speaker 5: Four days be My issue is I'm sure it's like four days, but it never looks any different, so I would just keep eating it.
Speaker 1: Three to five days is exactly right. Okay, all right, how about you open up a can of Skippy peanut butter. How long is it safe to keep? On your show?
Speaker 2: You got a while?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say that stays for quite a while.
Speaker 2: I'd say a couple, like a year, three years.
Speaker 6: No, I'm going to say nine months, two to three months.
Speaker 4: You can eat it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna lose some of its flavor and the oil flows to the top. Let's do a can of green beans. Unopened can of green beans, del Monte. There it is, it's on your shelf. How long can you keep that can of green beans?
Speaker 5: Well, if you're my grandma, thirty years? What I was going to say, Yeah, now.
Speaker 4: Three to five years.
Speaker 2: I think it's three years.
Speaker 1: Open pack of oreos. There's an open pack of oreos breathing the air, exposed to the air. How long can you keep them.
Speaker 2: Before they're stale? Yeah, they're gone one to two weeks.
Speaker 1: An unopened old Dutch bag of potato chips oh forever.
Speaker 6: No, they're gonna get stale almost immediately. I would say they're unopened. Oh you said unopened. Oh the three weeks, I'd say a year, yeah, year, kye, two to three months past the cell by day, baloney.
Speaker 3: My dad a thing I think was it Susan's dad that used to do that too.
Speaker 4: It was the worst that it throve stuff away and he would get mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what my dad did.
Speaker 3: And I rated his pantry for a road trip in the van once and the chips were like three years old.
Speaker 2: They tasted just fine.
Speaker 1: Last one roadkill. Let's say you're in Wisconsin. You see a dead deer, fresh roadkill on the side of the road. Because this is Wisconsin hobby over there, they drive around looking for roadkill. You take that deer home on the hood of your truck. You're sticking in the freezer. How long is it going to be safe once you I mean once it's dead before you put it in the freezer ten minutes, it says here three to five days. But that can't be right. That can be right. Somebody from Wisconsin is going to call in and say, you know what, I picked up some road till the other day. And I had to get it in the freezer by the end of the day, so call and let me know.
Speaker 4: It's very cool.
Speaker 1: We'll be back in a second. On KTWB, check us out. We got a thousand dollars pair of beautiful diamond study rings from Wedding Day Diamonds. We're going to try to give away coming up next. It's a little game, and the more often you hear it, the better your chance of winning, because you'll get some clues on how to win. If you don't win it the first time, it'll make more sense. Coming up on KDWB, stay here to win a one thousand dollars Valentine's Day present from Wedding Day Diamonds.
Speaker 2: If we're streaming live on YouTube, just search day Fryan TV.
Speaker 1: Go check us out Day Fryan TV all through about nine o'clock or so. You want to watch us live right now, check us out. I've got this is so beautiful thanks to Wedding Day Diamonds. It's Valentine's Day coming up this weekend, and we're gonna get you a It's a combination combination of total of two carrots. Two carrots total one carrot in each ear diamond stud ear rings in a martini setting. Now I didn't even know what a martini setting is, but I'm gonna guess. It looks kind of like a martini glass. So it's got a diamond in paste in there. Yeah, and so it's basically a giant rock of ice in each ear for Valentine's Day. Now keep it for yourself or give it away to someone you love. Ah. So here's the way the game works. We've got a sixteen by sixteen I'm sorry, a four by four grid of squares, and you don't have to see them. It doesn't matter that you can see them. But each one has something behind it. Fourteen of them have just a heart, just a beautiful heart emoji. Two of them, though, have a picture of the diamonds. If you match them, you win. Now let's get started. I will do like a demo round here. Okay, now this is clearing the board. Let's say actually, let's not even do say let's not let's not even do that. No, let's not even do that. So you're gonna call me caller number ten at six five one nine eight nine kt WB. You'll guess two squares. Let's say you say square two and square nine, and then Bailey is the only one in the world who knows what's behind each square. Bailey will reveal what's behind each square. So let's say you do number one and number sixteen. Maybe they're both art emojis. Yes, write that down somewhere because we're gonna play again in thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you know that number one and sixteen are not the ear rings, don't guess them again.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: It makes sense to be questions? Jenny, I got it.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm not playing, so I won't be keeping track. Will you need to be keeping track if you onto play?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Right, let's play the game right now. We have call her number ten on the phone, Jennifer, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Morning guy.
Speaker 1: Where are you calling from, Jen, I'm calling from okay, Jennifer from Ramsey. Do you have a Valentine this year?
Speaker 4: Jen?
Speaker 1: No, okay, these are gonna be you know what, It's gonna happen when it's ready to happen, or you or you do you or whatever? All right, Jennifer, These diamond ear rings from Wenny Day Diamonds can be yours. Bailey's gonna help you. Bailey's gonna turn over the square. Pick square, first square? What square do you want to pick?
Speaker 5: Six?
Speaker 4: Square number six, Bailey, turn it over?
Speaker 7: Got a heart You're gonna emoji now remember square number six is a heart emoji. Now you won't win it, but you'll be armed play again in another half an hour. Give me the next square.
Speaker 2: Jen, let's go with three three square number three. It's a hard emodi, Okay.
Speaker 1: So the good news is, Jen, you have eliminated two squares number six and number three. If you're gonna play again next time or this time tomorrow, don't guess squares six and three, Jen, your consolation prize is a virtual hug. Here it comes there you go. Don't you love that? Okay, good job, Jen, be here in a half an hour if you can, we're gonna play again at what what seven fifty yep? Okay, seven fifty to win on KTMB.
Speaker 4: Let's do.
Speaker 1: Little Monday motivation because Mondays are tough and sometimes you need a little Monday motivation to get you going.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: I like this when it's simple, it's just a reminder life is amazing, and then it's awful, and then it's amazing again, and in between the amazing and the awful, it's ordinary and mundane and routine. Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful, and relax and exhale during the ordinary. That's just living, heartbreaking, soul, healing, amazing, awful, ordinary life, and it's breath takingly beautiful. A friend of mine posted this because one of his good friends died, and I thought, wow, that almost brought a tear to my eye, because you know, you go through these things in life, and then you go through these amazing things like I know somebody who had twin daughters last night. We had twin daughters last night. They're a first time dad. Aw that's amazing. Yeah, and then you have times that are really tough and really hard. So I'm going to read it to you again. Okay, life is amazing and then it's awful, and then it's amazing again. And in between the amazing and the awful, it's ordinary and mundane and routine. Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful, and relax and exhale during the ordinary. That's just living, heartbreaking, soul, healing, amazing, awful, ordinary life, and it's breath taking lee beautiful.
Speaker 2: I think what it's like we do when life is bad.
Speaker 5: Is that we think like, oh gosh, this is awful, this is terrible, this is going so poorly, and then something else bad happens and we're like, oh, it's all happening to me. Yeah, But when something goes well, like you don't necessarily have the same reaction to it, like, Wow, life's going really well for me right now.
Speaker 2: Oh another great thing is happening. Wow.
Speaker 5: And so having those moments to like, you know, sit and revel in would be wise.
Speaker 1: I'm going to add on to the top of that. A lot of people I know is like, you know, hey, what's new.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you, nothing is going on in my life. It is so boring. It's like groundhog Day. Every day. I get up, I go to work, I pick my kids up from school, I come home, I make dinner, I put the kids to bed, whatever. And then it's like and it's like that is the ordinary, mundane days. But just relax and breathe and appreciate those. Yeah, all right, that is your Monday motivation on KDWB. What'd you saying? Let's do the show one on one point three kd WB. So much to talk about from the Olympics to bat Bunny. To commercials, I would say probably the Backstreet Boys commercial definitely one of my favorite.
Speaker 4: It was for T Mobile, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: It was for T Mobile and I didn't watch it, but I heard it and then I'm like.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, wait that's Backstreet Boys. Ran over to the TV and I saw this.
Speaker 2: Christmas name.
Speaker 4: You get a fee slippy.
Speaker 2: Obody thinks more about.
Speaker 4: Carry today time you Tube.
Speaker 1: I also like the Lays truck commercial where the old farmer turns the farm over to his daughter. The Ben Stiller won for Instacart. I didn't really. They tried to do a lot and I kind of lost that's meaning on me. Yeah, but there were some definitely some good ones. We'll cover more of those a little bit later.
Speaker 5: Liked also the Budweiser one where the baby horse and the baby eagle grew up together.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh I missed that one.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that you liked it because it was so much a I oh yeah that it was like, Okay, the baby.
Speaker 4: Eagle looked so ai faky.
Speaker 1: I get what they were trying to do, but it was just like, Okay, I've seen so much aiye.
Speaker 5: Regular guy was saying that the polar bears that were like for PEPSI, they like brought on polar bears because Coke has a thing with polar bears and so he's like, oh, those are AI polar bears? Like are they or is it just CGI? Because I can't I don't know. Some of the CGI looks too good to be AI.
Speaker 4: I heard it was a trained polar bear.
Speaker 5: Wowmo Zoo from Como Zoo exactly right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who you that from? On Facebook? So I'm gonna share that.
Speaker 4: Uncle Roy, Uncle Roy.
Speaker 2: Uncle Roy.
Speaker 3: So it was kind of said I used to wake up to you on Sunday morning. I saw Alicia Lewis reported first, but Lindsay Vaughn, who was from the Twin Cities, unfortunately wiped out during her run.
Speaker 2: And here's a clip of it.
Speaker 1: Lindsey Vaughn pulls out of the gate and hopes a poor Olympic glory.
Speaker 2: I just go after the years of watching her, she will ski at her limit. A tona set right here.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that snow, Oh.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness. This crowd is just absolutely silent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was hard to watch.
Speaker 3: I didn't see the video until like today because most places weren't really sharing the video out of probably respect to her, but I saw pictures of the crowd just being like stun shocked, like jaws dropped, and it was just so sad to see that because this is definitely her final Olympics, I think her final chance.
Speaker 1: That is, and she was trying really hard. I mean's going so fast and then fell so hard they had to metavac her out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so twelve seconds in. It was twelve seconds in, which is so sad. I'm going back to the super Bowl. I'm sure I finald tell us a little bit more about Bad Bunny. He was real thrilled about him. I liked that performance as well. Jenny and I were a little thirsty during that performance.
Speaker 2: He's a good looking man. He is good looking. He was wearing much more concealing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he normally wears at his concerts when he does some pellic trusting.
Speaker 2: And my money back.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, But my favorite part of that whole thing was the pop up of.
Speaker 2: Ricky Martin kidding.
Speaker 8: Kid and everybody your meal, you can't well, no swift kidd.
Speaker 1: At first, I was like, that guy looks like Ricky Martin, And I was like, Ricky Martin same a Lady Gaga. I thought it was Gwen Stefani, and I like that lady looks just like a like a Lady Gaga, and it was.
Speaker 2: And I liked both of their little cameos. I love those.
Speaker 9: Whatever you call that, nobody oh so good.
Speaker 6: One of the things that I didn't know until this morning was the wedding that happened during the halftime show.
Speaker 2: Performance was real.
Speaker 6: It was like a couple that got married, and apparently they the real couple invited Bad Bundy to the wedding. I guess Bad Buddy was like, oh, I can't do that, but then real quickly was like, how about you just come get married during the halftime show. If that tactic works, I'm gonna invite Bruno Mars to my wedding and then he's gonna be like, come, come get married at my halftime show.
Speaker 2: Be iconic.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the game here for a second. The Seahawks beat the Patriots in one of the most borings, even though the score got higher towards the end. By the time the score got higher, it was so out of reach for the Patriots and it was all field goals. I think twelve to nothing and there's nothing more boring than a defensive battle. But they say, experts say that the teams will study the Seattle defense for years because the Patriots could not get anything going blitz.
Speaker 3: They kept it looked like amateurs because maybe that's how good the Seahawks defense was.
Speaker 2: But they looked like they should have been.
Speaker 1: In sid you know, they really shouldn't They really shouldn't have should have been the Broncos.
Speaker 5: So bad for the quarterback of the Patriots, because the camera just kept panning to him, like, hey, you feel bad about losing so hard?
Speaker 2: Here he is again, And I was like, this poor man has getting so much irrit.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 1: Seattle rains above the ball in the NFL.
Speaker 9: The Seahawks super Bowl champions for the second time.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't doubt that Seattle deserves to be the NFL champions. But I just still like, why were the Patriots there?
Speaker 5: Why would it have been there instead if they hadn't gone, Probably.
Speaker 1: The Buffalo Bills, and well the Rams are in the NFC, so yeah, I know you don't know anything about it. The Broncos, but I'd say the Bills probably should have been in the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Well, shoot, I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say.
Speaker 6: I played myself because you and I Dave made the prediction at the top of the year that the Seahawks would take it.
Speaker 2: To the Super Bowl. I don't know why. I made a bet with.
Speaker 6: My girlfriend Alyssa that the Patriots were gonna win, although I've been saying Seahawks, and then I just I lost.
Speaker 2: I played myself.
Speaker 3: I did a wager with the guy that I'm seeing. He was over to watch the game, and I said, what do you think that the Gatorade color is going to be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he said blue. I said orange. I said orange too, and it was yellow.
Speaker 4: I said, see that.
Speaker 5: What ba me is that they showed them stirring it up like five minutes before the end of the game, because they knew that they were going to win already, and they showed it and it was yellow, And I thought, are they trying to throw us off like it's going to be a different color, because that's we did those little bets, and that's what I was riding my entire game on.
Speaker 2: Is that a thing, though, like the color is important?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, that's like one of the big bets you can make from sports betting things. They always do it on that or like who's going to be the guests appearance person in the halftime show? But I know we probably want to move on from sports, But I'm going to do one more story about Travis Kelce because apparently they're going to get He's going to convene with the Chiefs this month to discuss his football future, and finally, he's a plan that works for both parties. The contract that he ended with in this last season paid him thirty four million.
Speaker 2: Dollars last year.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's talented, but dang, I didn't know that anyone besides a quarterback could make about that.
Speaker 1: That's why the NFL has to charge so much. That's why the NFL has sponsorships. All over every square inch of every stadium. There's an ad for Coca Cola. There's an ad for Budweiser. There's an ad for Downy Fabric softener. All over every surface of every stadium, there's an ad. The NFL is the greediest business in the world.
Speaker 6: That rock Taylist we've got her hand probably super heavy.
Speaker 3: That and the fact that, like, I bet that Travis Kelsey can go into his negotiations using Taylor Swift as part of his negotiations. Now, because how much money has he helped make the NFL by being associated slash not engaged with Taylor Swist, you.
Speaker 4: Bet, no question, all right, that is the dirt.
Speaker 1: More later coming up on Katie would be Now, remember we were doing the squares game for the diamond ear rings from Wedding Day Diamonds a little while ago. There are two squares that have been revealed on the sixteen square board. You don't want to guess those again. We're going to play the game again in about fifteen minutes. So if you know the squares that were guessed, you know what squares don't win. But if you guess the two that each contain a match of this pair of ear rings and this pair of ear rings, you win them from Wedding Day Diamonds.
Speaker 2: And we're not going to repeat the squares right.
Speaker 4: Not gonna tell you, sorry, But can you scoot back?
Speaker 1: Can you go back during the podcast and listen back at seven twenty?
Speaker 4: Can you do that?
Speaker 2: No, you get it right now.
Speaker 3: But if someone were not to win now, you could go back and listen today tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You could go back on the YouTube live.
Speaker 4: You can scoop back on the lie on the YouTube live. Okay, go on YouTube live. Then is that cheating?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: No, using your resources? Your resources? Okay.
Speaker 1: So we got two squares that were cast out of sixteen, so two squares are gone. Don't guess those again. We'll play the game again in less than fifteen minutes. On Adbub, we're going to talk to somebody who just has a comment to make. And I thought it was really interesting, and I said, hey, can we put you on the air to talk about this? So we've got somebody who wants to talk Paxton, who's got something everybody in the world was talking about this weekend. There was the Super Bowl, there was the Olympics, and then we're still talking about Savannah Guthrie and Savannah Guthrie's mother, no sign of anything, and now they're basically pleading with the kidnappers to say can you return her? And they've got, from what I can tell, no leads. There's no anything that's making them think that it was. I think they're going back to reinvestigate one of the family members. But it's one of those things that kind of makes you think a little bit, Paxton, what did you want to bring up about it?
Speaker 10: So I don't know, and I don't really I don't know why. This is just kind of bothering me, But I don't understand why this particular disappearance has been getting so much more attention than.
Speaker 11: Just regular disappearances. Like I do understand that this is awful and she's what like eighty four or something, and it's this is super unusual and everything, but I don't know. I just feel like we are spending a lot more resources on this particular disappearance when things like this happen all the time.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people have thought that too, and I think it is because I mean, Savannah Guthrie is you know, famous celebrity, and she's rich and famous, but yeah, there's like more recalce versus then if somebody else, like a normal average person disappeared. Yeah, well, I mean we totally think about that. Yeah, But at the same time, I will say she's eighty four, yea, and not that somebody who's like, you know, twenty four, is like, well, they're healthy, they can handle it. It's not that I can't quite put my finger on it, but it is just a different level of tragic and awful that she's eighty four and probably dead without her medications.
Speaker 2: Well, I will also say not to get dark.
Speaker 6: Last week, little John the rapper, his son went missing, and I hadn't heard about it for a while.
Speaker 2: I didn't cover that in this in the Dirt.
Speaker 6: Actually well, yeah, but it's not on the Today Show. We're not talking about on the news. Yeah, I know we've talked about it, but I just barely heard about it. And then his son came up dead, found missing in a pond, and that hasn't made mainstream coverage.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they found it out I think over the weekend.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I feel it's exactly what I'm talking about, even though he is rich and famous as well, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true, because yeah, you would think, oh it's because she's rich and famous. There's a different a different story where he is rich and famous, but didn't get the same coverage.
Speaker 1: Well, you go missing every day, do you think it's a little bit because of how different this was. We hear about missing people often enough that we go hmmm, uh huh, yeah, that's terrible, which is said, which is which is yet? But then when you hear about an eighty four year old woman disappearing that's gonna die without her medication. It probably is dead already. Who we said this all last week? Who does that?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: So what the public pays attention to, maybe that's what law enforcement pays attention to.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's also because it's kind of spooky.
Speaker 5: Like the story is spooky because we don't know, like what happened that there's like blood, but we don't see like the ring cameras were shut off, and then we don't hear anything except for this like weird little ransom note thing. And I think that's like gives it an addition of like spookiness, which I hate to say, but it is kind of like an entertainment value to like the masses where they're like, ooh, this one's different.
Speaker 2: She's eighty four and she doesn't have a medications.
Speaker 11: Agree with you, but I think I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And that's so that I feel like that's another reason why people care about this one more, you know, because it is kind of spooky.
Speaker 1: It is a little it is spooky, and I think that because she was like an old lady should be safe in her home playing, you know, I don't know, don't crossword puzzles and seduku and solitaire text messages. Paxton says, why is Savannah Guthrie getting so much coverage when there's so many other people, like average people? Yeah, I read somewhere of like people in Arizona, Like in the last couple of weeks alone, there've been like a seventeen year old that's disappeared and a twenty four year old has disappeared. A time text message says at KATWB one, I absolutely could not agree more with Paxton on this one. Another one says, I think, and I think the son in law had something to do with it. They looked at him and then they ruled him out, but then they don't have any other leads, so they went back to the son in law. Another one says it's Savannah's employer that's talking about it so much. She's a celebrity, but she works for NBC, so she is lucky to have that as her employer.
Speaker 6: I guess the news thing is true, But like I said, little John is a celebri. I'm sure there's other celebrity. I don't know that, but other celebrities who have had little situations like this, and we haven't had as much national coverage, especially when respectfully, there hasn't been that many developments. Yeah, you know, we keep getting like here's an update, but there.
Speaker 3: Is no update, right, Well, I think there has been. It's just that they're not actually giving us all those details for the safety aspect, and like probably making sure that they don't reveal too much.
Speaker 2: They don't have any other suspects though, So this.
Speaker 5: Text says, I think it's getting the coverage it's getting because of the ransom. And that's why it's odd, because of because not all disappearances have a ransom with it.
Speaker 1: That's true, because this is more like a kidnapping, because like if you know, like your usual eighteen year old or twenty two year old disappears, it's an abduction, not a kidnapping, because you don't really hear about kidnappings anymore. Most of them they don't have any intention of giving anybody back.
Speaker 2: What's the difference, Jay, One one's.
Speaker 4: A ransom and one does not.
Speaker 1: So example, if somebody like I don't know, abducts their child or abducts their acts or whatever they want to keep them, that dude, And what was it in Wisconsin five or eight years ago that took that fourteen year old eighteen year old girl, hit her under his bed for eighty one days. There's a podcast it's called eighty one Days. You know what I'm talking about. He didn't have any intention in that, he didn't have any intention of giving her back. That's an abduction. But this was, like I'm keeping But that's why you don't hear about kidnappings anymore because with so much high tech and cameras everywhere. And let's say if I kidnapped Bailey and I wanted ransom of like, you know, five dollars, Yeah, that's a lot, and I'm like, okay, well I'm gonna drop her off at mom or Ronda's house in exchange for five dollars. Guess what the cops are gonna be waiting there for me. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna work.
Speaker 5: Back in the day, it would be less easy to do, like less he did attract you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah right, Hey, Paxton, thanks for bringing it up. It's definitely a worthy, a worthy thing to bring up so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you bet.
Speaker 1: All right, We're gonna move on to a first of all five minutes away from another chance to win those diamond ear rings from Wedding Day Diamonds for Valentine.
Speaker 4: That's coming up right now.
Speaker 1: Though it's Black History Month every day this month, vaud is going to do another Black History moment like this one.
Speaker 4: Here we go. Let's give flowers to the voices that change the games.
Speaker 1: So it's time to celebrate another artist on Funce Black History Month moment on KDWB.
Speaker 6: Not a lot of artists can follow up to their debut album, but Sisa arguably made a better sophomore album than her first. Soos, which is one of my favorite albums of all time. Explores real, raw emotions of heartbreak and lost love, and Siss's vulnerability is what helped five tracks from this project become top ten hits. Not only it says a great vocalist, but she helped co write songs with Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, and Beyonce. After putting out her first album, she went on a series of song collaborations We Love Luther and Thirty for thirty, her current collapse with Kendrick Lamar. But All the Stars is their biggest hit, and what made this song even more iconic is that it was using the credits of Black Panther, a song used for the credits.
Speaker 2: Of a groundbreaking movie in black culture.
Speaker 6: Reaching the top ten and earning Sissa Academy Award nominations has to qualify it as a legendary song. Sissa did gymnastics and cheerleading faithfully at her high school in New Jersey, and even study marine biology at Dell State before finally realizing she wanted to pursue music instead. She dropped out and worked hard to support herself, and it finally paid off years later when she signed with RCAA Records and put out.
Speaker 4: Her first album, Control And.
Speaker 6: Although her first album placed at number two on Billboard, Pitchfork, and NPR, it took her five years to make another album. Sissa said she was very burnt out the longer she worked on it and became unsatisfied and bored with the music she was writing. She considered quitting music again if the reception of her sophomore album wasn't good. Then it surpassed The Dell's twenty one and Michael Jackson's Thriller as the longest running US Top ten by respectively, a woman and a black artist. Although she started within alternative R and B sound, It's so good to see Sissa getting the mainstream appeal that she deserves as an artist, and continuing to venture into projects like cosmetics and acting. Sissa my future baby Mama is another reason we are going to continue you to uplift black voices.
Speaker 1: All month long, celebrating the voices that shifted culture forward and Paul month long. On kd WB, Let's give away diamond study ear rings. How did this little old radio show get a hold of diamond stud ear rings?
Speaker 4: Because we're close friends with Dean.
Speaker 1: Dean from Wedding Day Diamonds. I got a hold of Laura gets a hold of Dean, and Dean is like, yeah, let's give away some diamonds. On The Dave Ryan Show, The Power of the Dave Ryan Show, The Power to get thousand dollars value ear rings one carrot per ear These are beautiful. You can see a picture of these exact ear rings on Dave Ryan Show on Instagram. You can win them if you're called her number ten right now, called her number ten at this special phone number.
Speaker 4: It's not special.
Speaker 1: It's been the same number for forty five years, sixty five one nine eight nine KDWB, same number as when you were a kid.
Speaker 2: Let me get my phone out hold on call it now.
Speaker 4: Call her number ten sixty five one nine eight nine KWB.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna guess two squares on the sixteen square grid. If they match and they're both diamond ear rings, you win the dimond ear rings. Now, the funny thing is we might have a winner right now when the contest is over.
Speaker 2: True, it might be, It might be. Do you guys remember which ones were picked off time?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: I wrote them down here.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're gonna get somebody on the phone. Vaunt is looking for Call her number ten right now. And then if you listen to half an hour ago, you know two squares not to guess? All right, we do have somebody on the phone, and let's see whether they know which squares not to guess. Hello, Cynthia, Hi, were you listening thirty minutes ago?
Speaker 4: Cynthia?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 4: Did so? You know what squares not to guess?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, Cynthia, good luck, Go ahead and guess square. Well, I don't want to say square number one. I'm going to say your first square, Cynthia.
Speaker 10: Let's do number eleven.
Speaker 1: Lat number eleven. Open it up, Bailey. It is a hard emoto it's a heart emoji.
Speaker 4: Okay, Cynthia. Second square, let's do number seven, Bailey, open up square number seven. It's a heart emoti okay. Right, so you guessed eleven and seven.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be funny if somebody guessed six seven six six seven, Cynthia, do you have a Valentine?
Speaker 2: I sure do.
Speaker 4: Tell me about your Valentine going on five years.
Speaker 11: I was married for twenty six years and then didn't work out, then found them five years ago.
Speaker 5: Get that.
Speaker 4: Now you found your true love of your life.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And now if if you win these ear rings, because we're gonna play again tomorrow morning at about seven twenty, make sure you remember the squares that we're called. Are you going to give this person credit and let them give you those for your Valentine's trade present? Or are you going to demand another president as well.
Speaker 10: I'll leave it on the counter and act like I didn't know what it was, and then act surprised.
Speaker 2: When you give us to dat, it'll be like you're welcome.
Speaker 4: I have no idea where they came from.
Speaker 1: All right, Synthony Simps, have a great week and we'll maybe talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Good luck, Okay, Thanks a good one.
Speaker 4: Okay, bye, all.
Speaker 1: Right, so remember tomorrow morning we play at seven twenty what squares? I can't say which ones we did earlier, but the ones you just heard. Write them down somewhere, Bailey, did you keep track? I keep tracking so we won't guess them again. It is one at one point three kd WB I am. It was about my dog, Bernie. I just love Bernie. He's just a sweet boy. But he had a little tummy trouble last week. So he had, you know, woke up like on Wednesday or Thursday morning, and usually we let him roam around the house because he's really good, never goes inside the house.
Speaker 4: I walked downstairs.
Speaker 1: He's got some tummy trouble, and let me tell you, it was like somebody took a bottle of mustard and squeezed it and splattered it all over the floor, right, And I'm like, oh boy, that's not good. So I come upstairs upstairs on the carpet. And remember it's a brand new house. We've lived there for two weeks. Same thing upstairs, just all over the floor, and so we're like, okay, this is not going good. This weekend on Saturday, we us you know, he seemed to be doing a little bit better. We woke up on Saturday morning. He's in his kennel because we don't want him roam around. We literally heard at about six thirty in the morning and we laugh We both laughed like could that have been any more disgusting and aggressive? And we said, all right, well, let's try to go back to No, okay, no, can't go back to sleep.
Speaker 4: So we were up.
Speaker 1: We were up for good for that day, cleaning and cleaning and because so then he it was blood, you guys. Yeah, so we took him to the chan Hassen Vet. Yeah, and you know, they gave him some antibiotics and some special food or whatever. But I'm not speaking to burn. I wasn't speaking to him for a while. I wasn't speaking to him because I felt bad for him. But at the same time, I was not speaking. Yeah, it's a new carpet. Yeah, I'd be tight. It is exactly fun. So my question is why are you not speaking to your dog.
Speaker 3: I have a story because I watched dogs and I have three right now. Two of them have not angered me yet, but one of them decided to give me a heart attack. And I'm not speaking to him because I let him out to go outside Saturday to go to the bathroom. I go downstairs and change my laundry. I come back upstairs. He is nowhere to be found. I have a tiny Saint Louis Park yard. It is not big. He should be visible from my sun room. And I'm screaming, hawk, huckhuk, where are you. Well that littles somehow, even though he is fourteen, almost fifteen, frail as can be, got my back gate open that was frozen shut or and got it open and was like hanging out in the back alley.
Speaker 2: Oh my literally thought someone came in and stole him. Well, I was downstairs.
Speaker 3: I'm like literally looking at footprints on the snow like someone came and took him.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, I was. And then I like go out to the back alley. There he is just do dude, like sniffing around. I was like, you get over here. They're still warm.
Speaker 1: So why are you not speaking to your dog? Maybe this morning you woke up and they vomited right next to you on the bed and you're not speaking and the dog is like boom, sorry boom, and you're like, I'm not speaking to you. So we asked on Facebook, and we'll ask you two to text us or call six five one ninety nine.
Speaker 4: KWB. Why are are you not speaking to your dog?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some people on Facebook who message as well. This person, Morgan said, because he waited for me to leave the room to eat the food on the table.
Speaker 4: Of course, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: This one would drive me crazy.
Speaker 3: Jenny says, Okay, we had some choice words yesterday because Maggie decided to bark for forty five minutes yesterday morning because a car pulled into the driveway and turned around and left, and.
Speaker 4: Meggie's like, five minutes, Oh my god, Maggie.
Speaker 3: Let's see another one. He doesn't listen to come back in after going potty.
Speaker 4: We're not speaking.
Speaker 2: We're not speaking, not at all to other people. Are like, I would never not speak to my fur baby. I'll tell you ava or a dog.
Speaker 4: She uh.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to teach her toy.
Speaker 6: So like when I give her the ball or something and she brings it back toy and she's just not comprehending it. And it's funny because I'll be like, bring it back. She'll look at me with it in her mouth and then deliberately just drop it because she knows that for her to bring it to me like ava please, And I tried to work on it with her for like ten minutes.
Speaker 5: The other day, Tex says, my dog ate our own poop and then threw it up on my new carpet.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Oh man, why do they know it's like new carpets? Like, oh, wait a second, you got new carpet.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a hardwood floor two inches to the side. I'll go on.
Speaker 1: Then the cat will be standing on the carpet going hill now, and it's like there's a hardwood floor right there.
Speaker 4: Roger