Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas, terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 3: And Matt money Smith. The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show. Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self confidence. What's cracking everybody? And welcome it is Petros and Money. We're in our second hour. We're gonna go until four p thirty. We have the Clippers coming up. Clippers versus ACKs. Pregame at four thirty, tip off at five thirty on AM five seventy LA Sports, your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: I'll do these dudes in San Diego who did this video? A couple of years ago. I thought that we'd get so much use out of it. Was back to back World Series champions We did.
Speaker 3: Get a lot out of question. There's no doubts we do get a lot out of it. I don't know if we should. I don't know how much more we should continue trying to get something out of it.
Speaker 2: How many championships did the Dodgers one in a row, back to back? Thank you guys, and back to.
Speaker 3: Back to back for showing Otani MVPs and four and five years.
Speaker 2: Keep it going, guys, keep it going, stay a straight line going.
Speaker 3: Let's done? Are we done with it?
Speaker 2: We're done?
Speaker 3: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Eh?
Speaker 2: Maybe one more time?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep it going, Dodgers. We have the college football whip around last hour. We have a double header here on m five seventy tomorrow, Oklahoma versus Alabama. You will hear Tim Kats on the prehaff and post of that like you're hearing him tonight on the show number ten, Texas versus Georgia number five. And if you're just hearing this, we do want you to know that we have a big, gigantic Monday show live from one to three at Bjay's restaurant and brew house in Irvine, the marketplace in Irvine corner of Jamboree Road and Irvine Boulevard. We got charger tickets, clipper tickets, Bjy's gift cards to give away. Everything is there before us. So if you want to come on out and meet Charlie the Asian who's a listener, and Hedge Fun Ryan, you certainly can come on out to the BJ's Restaurant and Bro. Those guys are going to be there.
Speaker 2: From what I understand, they get there early, They get a nice table close by but not too close to the setup, just they can enjoy the show.
Speaker 3: They handle themselves pretty well.
Speaker 2: Got to do now.
Speaker 3: I'm very impressed with the way those guys handle themselves. And speaking of handling yourself well, Alan Sleewah from the Hoops Talk podcast is going to join us in the very next segment. Alan slee Wah who works at the station now, who does updates in the morning on the NBA like Dave does during the Dodger season, and he has a very very prominent podcast on YouTube and the iHeartRadio app and you can hear him hear on the Petterson Money Show. We pretty much put him on every week since he's been hired. The Lakers blown out playing in New Orleans tonight, blown out by OKC the other night. So we will get the latest on the Lakers and how meaningful it must be and it must be for those young guys to be able to play with Lebron. I mean, wow, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know how they sleep at night knowing that Lebron's just gonna be here in a few days. I mean, not to get back home off this road trip.
Speaker 3: But the guys at the South Bay Lakers with Lebron now hanging out in El Segundo with Lebron James, having the time of your life.
Speaker 2: You know, in baseball, when guys go on rehabit signments to the minor leagues, like in Cucamonga or Ontario, you buy dinner, you know, you cater a steak dinner from Stonefire Grill, one of those kind of places. When you go down there, usually buy a nice gift for the minor league players, some airbuds, you know, some headphones, something cool back in the day in iPod for all the players. I wonder if Lebron's doing that, even though he's not playing games, He's just practicing with the G League team. I hope he's catering lunch and taking care of these guys who aren't making one one hundredth of what he's making.
Speaker 3: To get his DJ out there to play some tunes a.
Speaker 2: Little bit more than that, more than the DJ, you know, well something something I understand. So we'll talk to Alan Sleewa about that, and we'll also talk to him about are the Clippers really this bad?
Speaker 3: Because yes they are. He is an NBA expert type, so I would like to get him involved in that as well. So even if the interview is going along, I'm still gonna ask him that question at the end. And then we'll do dead and a live guy, Birthday of the Day, We'll do fun fact and tickets, and we will say, have a great weekend, enjoy your sports weekend, great sports talk. There is plenty plenty. Uh, you have a great sports of content headed your way. And you can also listen to Steve Hartman during the weekend on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: What do you mean we got college football?
Speaker 3: Okay? All right, yeah, we have the two college football games. The Charger game is on KFI DO and of course Monday we will be in Irvine I'm a boy giving away tickets, galloping around.
Speaker 2: I'm a horse, all right, I'm a horse, Moselle. It's going to be great.
Speaker 3: But right now we make way for the word of the day.
Speaker 2: His words.
Speaker 1: The word of the day.
Speaker 3: Today's word of the day is Ducks. Now. I know that we don't talk Anaheim Ducks almost ever.
Speaker 2: We did a couple days ago they were on a seven game winning streak, and then you talked about them.
Speaker 3: They long We just mentioned that they were on a winning streak.
Speaker 2: I have all these young dudes on the team, all former like top three.
Speaker 3: Picks, because they've been so bad for so long.
Speaker 2: We've been so bad. It's about time we start winning.
Speaker 3: Which is great, I mean. But at the same time, we used to have the La Kings here. The La Kings are kinda the hockey brand of the West. Everybody gets excited about the Kings. By everybody, I mean the fifteen thousand fans that they have that live and die with them, that are basically in the arena every single time they play. So there is weird vibes when it comes to hockey here on the show. But this story could make us Ducks people for the foreseeable future. The Anaheim Ducks have a special item. Now everybody's doing this and it kind of sucks. It started with the bubble machine that I can remember like a celebration in the Dodger dugout. Then you have the World Series blazer jacket that the Toronto Blue Jays were using.
Speaker 2: My favorite is the Boston Red Sox. A couple of years ago they had the laundry cart and they used to guy that hit the home run hops in the laundry cart and they push him down the middle of the dugouts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's all kinds of different stuff. The trident that we saw very prevalent, and then of course the turnover cactus that looks like a sword at the University of Arizona where they stick the ball on the turnover cactus and deflate the ball.
Speaker 2: How about and you're gonna see UNLV in a couple of weeks they had had this slot machine that's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know it used to be a turnover chain that Miami had. It kind of started with that.
Speaker 2: Remember the Angels when Otani was there, had the samurai.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they did have the samurai and he loved that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was cool. He really embraced the samurai. I wish somebody would have put that in the bag and brought it with him to the Dodgers. That've been kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well this Dodgers have the seeds which are a little bit more organic.
Speaker 2: Can you ask the Conziers if they had that somewhere. Maybe that's sitting in the closet somewhere.
Speaker 3: He's waiting in the parking lot. We can get him right now. The Anaheim Docks have a special item that the player of the game gets to wear after every game in the dressing room. That's what they call They call it the room or the dressing room. They don't call it the locker room or the clubhouse. In hockey, they call it the dressing room.
Speaker 2: Oh I know. I'm watching Shorsey on Hulu. It's a series out of Canada. Came out about three years ago about a low level professional hockey team and the main character is Sores is the last thing, but they call him Shorzy. It is fantastic. Okay, I'm all about the hockey right now.
Speaker 3: Well, after the game, a special jacket in Anaheim is presented to the player of the game because you can't do like a turnover chain or like a goal hat or anything in hockey. I mean they're all geared up and they run in shifts and they're getting super tired and they're skating around so after the game, and it's not just any special jacket. It's a special and for those of us of a certain age, very special. Mighty Ducks coach Gordon bombay lettermage jacket, the character played by Emilio Estevez and the Mighty Duncks movie that inspired the name of the hockey team. Ducks forward Alex Killorn said, it's heavy, too big, heavy jacket. I don't think they're gonna wash it. So at that point when you're getting it, you don't care how bad it's smell. Oh, it has to be disgusting. At this point, well, hockey smells really bad. I mean they won seven games in a row. That's seven straight games. Somebody's getting that jacket after victories. I mean they're eleven and four now on the season. That jacket has to stink. And we're not even a Thanksgiving yet in the hockey season. So that is their turnover jacket. Siam, your say, sturn down. Oh yeah, that's where you going see you on the ice, Bompey. Yeah, see on the ice, bomb Bag, the team USA is going down. Schim your se sturn down.
Speaker 2: That's where you going see you on the ice, Bompey. Did I ever tell you my buddy that I grew up with is in Mighty Ducks? Which one he plays? Fulton Reed? The big enfourcers name.
Speaker 3: Is Oh yeah, yeah, one of the Bash brothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his name is Elden Yell I grew up with.
Speaker 3: Is he in D two or is he in the too?
Speaker 2: He's in all of them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like everybody loves D two the Junior Goodwill Games. And you know, you remember that speech that Gordon Bombay gave about ducks flying together, and you wonder if this here is the scene.
Speaker 5: Sure when Dwayne wrote that big old part of me cheered. But guys, I've been there. I know how you feel. I wanted to cream that jerk that busted my knee when I played in the miners, and I really really wanted to go after stancing for that cheap shot. But you know what, my knee will heal. And if I become someone I'm not, if I sink.
Speaker 2: To their lesson, well that.
Speaker 5: I've lost more than my knee.
Speaker 3: Would you leave pride Worth.
Speaker 5: We're not goons, We're not bullies. No matter what people say or do. We have to ourselves. Who are you? Dean Portman from where?
Speaker 1: Chicago, Illinois.
Speaker 5: Hugh Gijermine from where?
Speaker 2: St.
Speaker 5: Paul, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Hugh, He's just the all from Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Who are you?
Speaker 3: Julie Gaffey from Bengor, Main Oh, that's a goalie.
Speaker 5: Police Mendoza Miami, Florida.
Speaker 3: Greg Goldbrook Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Let's aram in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, Holm Reed, Stillwater, Minnesota. Brus Tyler, South Central.
Speaker 5: Los Angelesway, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Kenrew, San Francisco, California, Kimer, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Adam Banks and Dining, Minnesota, Austin, Texas.
Speaker 2: Sean McKay Luth Minnesota Chick And.
Speaker 5: I'm Gordon Bombay, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Quirteen USA. Gathered from all across America.
Speaker 2: Jamusis parks.
Speaker 5: You know why?
Speaker 3: Because rio ducks, that's right, Yon John.
Speaker 5: And just when you think they're about to break apart, drop Feah.
Speaker 2: When the wind blows hard and the.
Speaker 3: Sky is black, drocks fly to dinner. And when the roosters are crowing in the couch. There's been in circles in the past year.
Speaker 5: Okay, And when everyone says it can't be done, ducks fly again.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Number of the day.
Speaker 2: Here's my number.
Speaker 3: Number of the day.
Speaker 2: All right, Pee, your number of the day is seventeen seventy five. Seventeen seventy five. On Saturday, December thirteenth, it's the annual Army Navy Game, the one and twenty six years the past of the big rivalry game. The Army Black Knights unveiled yesterday their uniforms and they are awesome. They're going to honor two hundred and fifty years of unwavering service to our nation with the Army marble tops and bottoms white with marble print on it. We'll have the Great Seal of the US Army. The Army Army, I mean, what team.
Speaker 3: Is arm Maybe always does something sweet too, This Army though, well, yeah, but I like the Navy.
Speaker 2: White marble tops and bottoms, the Great Seal of the US Army. Right on the shoulder the helmet is going to have the tip of a spear reminding them that they're warriors. Going back two hundred and fifty years. The typography of the uniforms is constitution text, same as the font of our founding fathers concierge back in seventeen seventy five. They're street of purple through the uniform and around the numbers, a reminder to the sacrifice, sacrifice born by the soldiers and the gold Star families. On the side of the silver helmets is the US Army seal as a reminder to those who represent the back of the helmet, it'll say nineteen seventy it'll say seventeen seventy five, the year course of the Continental Army.
Speaker 3: Seventy five was a great year for the Army too, I mean nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 2: Well, seventeen seven, twenty five is when it all began with the Continental Army, and it was created to help our journey to independence from those stinking Brits in the Revolutionary War. So Happy Birthday, America, Happy Birthday to our armed forces, and check them out. On December seventeenth, the Army Navy game in Baltimore. It's on CBS right always. As they march in the cadets on one side, the Army on the other, we're gonna have a great game. The President will be there. It will honor America with these great seventeen seventy five uniforms from Army. We'll see what Navy has in store. As you said, they always have great uniforms as well. The midshipmen they do. But the black Knights, we're gonna look sweet, all right, sweete. Everybody looks sweet in the Army names. It's always a great game. And it takes two hours to white marble. Constitution texts on the back says us.
Speaker 3: Our game might be that physical Trent russianized game in Fresno versus Wyoming. Those are two physical military like outfits right there.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, sounds good. This is the song of the day.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Happy Birthday America. Today's song of the Day is called Shake and Bake from singers song writer in blues guitar virtuoso from Dallas, Texas, the late great Stevie Ray Vaughan. Because the Petrosen Money Show is Shaken and Bacon into a storm drenched two and a half hour flex alert on this frog Man Friday. As the struggling Clippers, the Woeful Clippers find themselves in Dallas trying to break that losing streak against the Mavericks at American Airlines Center, and I do believe that I saw a good friend, Adam Osland, wandering around the hallways here in the Pinnacle Building at AM five seventy. You're getting ready for that Clippers countdown show that begins at fourth thirty pm.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Ronnie, and we'll be right back with some basketball information with Alan Sliwah from the Hoops Top podcast and now working with us on the iHeartRadio app and am FHI seventy LA Sports. We got Clippers tonight in a game that nobody wants, Clippers versus Mavericks. Pregame at four thirty, tip off at five thirty right here on AM FI seventy LA Sports, your home of the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast, a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Speaker 2: Road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, everybody. It is a Frogman Friday on the Petrosen Money Show. We'll be on for about another hour on AM five seventy LA Sports, your home dogman of the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. And even though he does a lot of Laker content and I know he knows about the Clippers too, he does NBA reports every single day that you hear on the station doing a great job.
Speaker 2: Love hearing those Laker reports and the Hoops Talk podcasts. Yeah YouTube as.
Speaker 3: Well, that's on the iHeartRadio app. We're gonna ask him about that. We got pregame at four point thirty for Clippers Mavericks tip off at five point thirty on AMFI seventy LA Sport And don't forget to come see us on Monday. We are live one to three at the BJ's Restaurant in brew House in Beautiful Irvine. That is a one o'clock Petros and Money Power lunch style show. But joining us right now on your Southern California Toyota Do the celebrity hotline is the aforementioned Hoop Talk podcast. Superstar new to the station, but not new to the sports market here in Los Angeles and not new to talking hoops. I think this is his third time on the show. Yeah, since he's come over. Alan Sleewak joins us once again on AMPI seventy LA Sports. Let's go, Allen, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, I'm good. Thank you for having me on yees, third time? Third time on here?
Speaker 3: Do I have like a thing like in a prison wall, like you're counting the days? Anything over there next to you? All right?
Speaker 1: Yet?
Speaker 4: No? Nothing yet?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure you don't feel like we're keeping you hostage yet, but it will when we start suffering for content in the summertime. Anyway, Alan, were you surprised to see the Lakers blown out of the water like they were by Okac? How much do you think it means? I think Laker fans are pretty excited about that game as a measuring stick, and then the stick got broken over somebody's knee and thrown back on their face. How did you view it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think you know. If you told me they lost double digits at Okac Thunder clearly the best team in the NBA, I don't think I'd be too surprised or shocked. But I think how they lost it was never a game to take a seven to two lead and that was it. I mean, their five point lead was over with it. A couple of minutes. Next thing, you see down double digits at the end of the first quarter. It's never a game. They never put up a fight. Every individual player for the Lakers was bad. I didn't take anything away that I think you can walk away and say, hey, the Lakers can learn from this or learn from that. Maybe what I learned most from is that the thunder are so much better than everybody else in the NBA. So the world's not going to end. It is November. But I didn't think they'd be down by thirty seven at one point in that game, and I thought they'd put up a little bit more of a fight. And disappointing to see some of the individual performances.
Speaker 2: This team rattled off with five in a row. They've now lost two or three on the road. They get boat raced by twenty in Atlanta, they get destroyed by Oklahoma City. They got to win against Charlotte there squeeze in between those two losses. What is this Lakers team? Is this somewhere in the middle. They're not as bad as they play, but maybe not as good have we seen them play.
Speaker 4: I think probably started feeling themselves after that seven and two start. You know that last one they had at home was a fun game. You're playing Wemby, you're playing the San Antonio Spurs. I'm sure they went on this road trip and said, ah, we got nothing. They got Atlanta without Trey Young, you've got you know, Charlotte without LaMelo ball. They kind of said their chest out a little bit. They get ran against the Hawks, they get no defense at all. They really only played one good half against Charlotte. But Charlotte's so bad and missing some players, they were, you know, obviously able to win that game. I think they're kind of coming back to reality a little bit. I think the defense not as dependable as you need it to be. I think some of the offensive players that you can watch guys Okay, well, if Luca and Austin Reeves aren't clicking, what exactly are the Lakers. I still think they're good. I still think you take eight and four. I don't think they're in that upper echelon of the Western Conference where the thunder are. Maybe you could say where Denver is. Maybe if you want to squeeze Houston into that mix as well. Even though I think Okay sees by themselves, I think Lakers are kind of in this mix of the Western Conference. We'll see what happens when Lebron comes back to see kind of what they're feeling is. But yeah, these last three games are very disappointing and it's still two games left on this road trip.
Speaker 3: Alan Sleewah joining us right now on the Petro Send Money Show, the Hoops Talk podcast on YouTube, and of course on the iHeartRadio app very popular. You get the straightforward, no nonsense nb A information and insight that you're looking for, not a clown like me just doing a head spin and speaking in various different tongues. We appreciate you, Alan for what you provide. Please tell us though, I mean, where does jj Reddick supposed to be like an ass kick and coach who doesn't take no nothing from anybody and holds these big NBA stars accountable in a way that maybe some other coaches don't because of his pedigree as a player and his edge and his youth as a broadcaster and a podcaster and and things like that, and I mean it like I've seen him his style, it's edge to it. How does that job with getting blown out like that? Like how you know, how does he respond to that? I mean when you get blown out like that when when it's not a game, it's not you're not giving effort, you're not competing. How does he stomach that?
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny. I think whatever Laker fans, whatever their view is on JJ Reddick, and I got to feel like I have to feel that most fans out there have a positive response about what JJ's done so far. He wasn't good in the playoffs. Scott out coach, but I think that's just part of it, is just inexperienced. But one fifty games, third place in the Western Conference last year, and I think the start to the season gives you kind of a little bit of an identity of what the Lakers are. Yeah, he definitely is not one of those. When they lost the game to the Atlanta Hawks, his presser was maybe a minute and a half long. He had nothing really to say, was wildly disappointed. He can't really he can't hide his emotions. I think the game after the thunder, what do you say, Maybe there's a little bit of, Yeah, this team is just that much better than us. Maybe there's a little bit of just the realization that you might feel good about one moment in the league and in the very next day, you could feel like you're one of the worst teams in the NBA. That's kind of his personality. But to be honest, I think he's had the player's ears. I don't think that's been an issue. I think players respect how he approaches the game. I think he's incredibly honest, which is a little bit refreshing. I think from a sports perspective or something that we do when we get to hear guys, you feel like they're not bsking an answer. They're giving an honest answer that could have been easy for him, and I guess you just got to say, all right, let's move on from it. They got an opportunity tonight, opportunity tomorrow to kind of try to find a way to get back on track.
Speaker 2: From the outside looking in, it kind of feels like JJ Reddick is liking this without having Lebron around, you know, and having to worry about getting him his you know, touches and minutes, he can actually go out and coach and this is Luco, you know, post Lebron, what it's going to look like in Austin Reeves and Ruy's game is taking it to a next level and seeing what you know Jake Lorevio is able to do, and Jandre Ayton going out there and playing freely and you know, averaging almost a double double. I would imagine he's liking this because he doesn't have Lebron to have to worry.
Speaker 4: About, yeah, to an extent, right, I think last season he had to deal with twenty four different starting lineups. Right, this year he's already kind of juggling. All Right, some games I don't have, well, all games I don't have Lebron. Some games I don't have Lucas. Some games I don't have Austin Reeves eight in his misson time, everybody basically Gabe, Vincent's been out, Marcus smartest miss time. I think there are some advantages to let me figure this out with Lebron. But I think in a perfect world, you're going to ask, you're going to reach a certain part of the season. Don't need Lebron play eighty two games? You frankly, you don't need Lebron to play sixty games. But I think he's going to reach a point where what do I have? What are the lineups that do work best? What are the rotations I could depend on Towards the end of the game, and I don't know if you can really figure that out with Lebron, but I agree there are some advantages not having Lebron early. But let's hope that when he does come back, he could be strategic and say, well, let me play games without Lebron because I'm saving him for the playoffs, rather than I got no choice, I don't have Lebron as an option.
Speaker 3: When Lebron shows up and he's coming soon, and his back is healed up and he's feeling good, he was out there with the D League, how much of a reset button is it for this team, like you said, who have some stuff to be proud of with the way they started the season, and probably we're kind of happy to be able to be free of him for a while.
Speaker 4: It's funny, I think the reset has less to do with Lebron, because I think Lebron will just come back and do what he's always done, and probably twenty four seven and seven. I mean, we'll wait and see. I mean, obviously, this is the first time in his career he's ever missed. He missed opening Day, he hasn't played yet. We're in mid November, so let's see if it's the same Lebron or you know what version of it it is. But I think the adjustment, I think is everybody else really hot. Tomorrow's game is going to change. Maybe Marcus Smart gets pulled from the starting lineup. Austin Reeves already, I think, is having a little bit of a little bit of an adjustment here trying to play I think with Luca. I mean, frankly, I don't think those two have looked all that smooth together, and at least these last few games they've played together. Now add Lebron to that mix. How much more is Austin Reeves adjusting his game? So I think Lebron will be able to walk in and just be Lebron because he's been able to do that, and I don't think that's going to be an issue. I think the bigger question is all these other role players, how do they fit in and do they feel comfortable with? Okay, you know what, maybe I was the third option, now I'm the fourth. Or maybe I was in the starting lineup now I'm coming off the bench. We don't think is going to be the more interesting thing. I think it's less to do with Broun. It has more to do with everybody else.
Speaker 2: What about Austin Reeves and the twenty eight points per game he's scoring right now, He's tearing it up and he's been the talk of the Lakers outside of Luca. But it's not like he's shooting better from the floor. In fact, his numbers from three year down, he's shooting kind of right around his NBA average from the floor. But the minutes are up and the amount of shots he's getting, certainly with the ball in his hands more, are giving him more offensive numbers than those twenty eight points per game. Can he keep this up? Is this just something he's doing because there's no Lebron to get his touches when Lebron comes back. Can Austin Reeves keep this level play?
Speaker 4: I don't know if this is what the Lakers are going to ask from Austin Reeves, And I don't know if this is I don't know if this is going to be a priority. But where I wish Austin Reeves. I think there's a certain part of his game we've seen in the beginning of the season that can be so beneficial to the Lakers. If you go look at his assists, there are a lot of times he's more of a facilitator. I think he's at his best when you're not sure whether he's trying to get buckets for himself or he's trying to set somebody else up. I'd love to see Reeves be more of a little bit, more of a playmaker, and that doesn't mean just getting for himself. The one thing I don't like with him and Luca right now, there's too much your turn, Okay, my turn. I don't know if that's going to be successful. I know it's not going to be successful against teams like the Thunder they want isoball. I want Reeves to be more of a threat because Reeves actually set up Luca for a bucket. Reeve's actually set up eight and down low, Reeve's actually set up Ruy Hachimura in the corner. I'm not sure if that's a priority for the Lakers, because they already have Luca, and they already have Lebron guys that can facilitate. But I do feel Reeves is at his best when you're not sure what he's gonna do. Is Reeve's trying to get a shot for himself, or instinctively he's finding a bucket for somebody else. I think his numbers are naturally going to go down, but where I'd like to see his numbers stay the same, if not go up, facilitating assists getting others involved. That I think that's more beneficial to beneficial to the Lakers.
Speaker 3: When everybody said that he was Dayton Taylor Swift for like twenty four hours, I really didn't know what he was going to do. Alan Slee, why is our guest on the Petros and Money Show? I said before we let you go, I said I was going to do it. We have the Clippers on the station, Allan, are they really this bad? Is it going to be like this all year? My god? But this is pretty rough.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, you know, before the season even started, obviously there was storyline stories I hear anything. Yeah, I know, No, I'm with you. I know those guts get swept under the rug pretty quick. But I think the just kind of look at the totality of what we've already seen and now here they are three and eight. Bradley deal out for the season. You couldn't have asked for just the worst start, And frankly, I mean I'm looking at the Western Conference and if you thought of teams that are going to be in the thick of things, I thought Clippers would be right in that maybe four or five six range, something along those lines. They got a lot of talent. The problem is, this is the one This is the one thing I always said about the Clippers is on paper, they got a lot of names. But that doesn't mean it's gonna gel. And it also doesn't mean from an age person. They're the oldest team in the NBA. So if you look at a lot of the teams that are are having success right now, whether it's the youth of San Antonio or the youth of teams like the Minnesota Timberwolves, Lakers certainly got younger when they traded for Luca and you got, you know, some other players that are a good age too. It's gonna be tough, I think for them to hang with some of these really young teams in the Western Conference. I don't think they're gonna I'm not assuming they're not gonna. They can't be any worse than they already are, and I'm just going to assume that eventually they'll start to figure things out. But they're digging themselves a whole in a Western conference that's not going to be The Western Conference is not gonna give any favors to anybody in the West, and if you're starting to get buried, it's gonna be hard to dig yourself out of that.
Speaker 2: Allan Slee, Wall Lakers insider. Check out the Hoopstock podcast daily on YouTube and hear the Lakers reports right here every morning on AM Fire Information LA Sports. Absolutely, Alan really appreciate it and we'll catch up next week. Thanks for doing it.
Speaker 4: Thanks Bell, appreciate the time.
Speaker 1: Slee.
Speaker 3: Wah, good job. We'll be right back with mar Petros and money. I thought that was good Lebron analysis.
Speaker 2: It feels like Lebron's just hanging over the Lakers right now. It's like the players is coming. Oh, how is it gonna affect my game?
Speaker 3: Austin Reeves, We'll be right back with your dad and alive guy, birthday of the day.
Speaker 2: How's it going to affect my game? Austin Reeves?
Speaker 3: Is that it is? That it right there? How's it gonna end? Like a ghostly voice? How's it going to affect my game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Dead and Alive coming up. A lot of big time.
Speaker 1: Back pretty said, Hey, m five seventy.
Speaker 4: Preset number one assigned.
Speaker 1: Pre set A five seventy LA Sports. Make AM five seventy a pre set on the iHeartRadio app and never miss a moment of coverage of the NFL. Hello, PMS listener, did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Ronde. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vassei, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening, everybody, Petro send money. One more segment here and then another one with the fun fact and quickeets, and then Kates and I will get you to this afternoon's big Clipper game, Clippers versus Mavericks. Pregame at four point thirty, tip off at five point thirty, right here on AM five seventy LA Sports. But what about Monday? We are live from one to three at the Bjay's Restaurant. You don't want to miss that show in Irvine, the marketplace corner of Jamboree and Irvine. We just told Sleewaw about it didn't sound too excited. Sleewak sounded excited about breaking down the Lakers, but that's about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't think he'll be there Monday. If you were counting on.
Speaker 3: To be there, I don't think you'll be there on Monday. No.
Speaker 2: No, I'll be back in studio making sure everything's good here.
Speaker 3: Well, you're working this weekend. Tomorrow we got college football ou versus Alabama.
Speaker 2: Kate's with pre half in post starting in noon, kickoff at twelve forty three to be exactly, and.
Speaker 3: Then at night we've got Texas versus Georgia, so a lot of action. And then on Sunday on KFI, Matt and the Chargers Dodger Matt on the broadcast, he doesn't play with Daniel Jeremiah and Shannon Farren. Well, they do have an effect, I mean, don't get me wrong. Kickoff is at ten am. It all starts around nine on AM six forty KFI hour sister station. And you can podcast this show on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone or stream it later. And don't forget to follow us on Twitter. Ronnie posts the playlist every single day it's very popular. You can even post a little picture of one of the bands that you like under it. At Ronnie Fossio on X posting the playlist. See I write it out and take a picture when Ronnie's not here. But Ronnie does it digitally. It's a lot easier to read that way. He's got his own web page to do it. Yeah, it's pretty great.
Speaker 2: It used to bother me a little bit. You know, I'd go to sleep, look at my phone real quick, and then you know they're on Twitter's the playlist, and then you rite underneath it, you put like a little picture yeah yeah, yeah, and then Ronnie responds a little bit.
Speaker 3: See yeah, we do that all the time.
Speaker 2: You come back and I think it's great. Yeah. At first I was like this is dumb. Why But now it's kind of celebrates the music of the show. It's one of my favorite things. Well it does let me know you're still awake at like at ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you need to text me to do a promo or something, there you go. Tim Kates at Tim Kates, our executive producer. Ser produce some much shows.
Speaker 2: I'll CEI Baseball.
Speaker 3: Everybody a real Swiss Army knife of a person at Tim Kates on Twitter, at Matt Muney Smith on Instagram and all that. I mean, I know he's going to be geeking it in Jacksonville to find some waves. Make him bring a surfboard.
Speaker 2: I mean, if he went to Brazil to go surfing, he had to go to Jacksonville go surfing.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not that far to like an hour drive to Cocoa Beach or someplace like that.
Speaker 2: The waves are at coco There's a Ron.
Speaker 3: John surf shop at Cocoa Beach.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's gonna go do go get you something there?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I believe that's where Kelly Slater is from Cocoa Beach, Florida. So and he's one of the greatest surfers of all time.
Speaker 2: I may have to double check you on that. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 3: Well, why don't you look it up while I tell you about the Civil War, one of my favorite topics if you ever want to learn about America, why some things are the way they are, where somethings started, what people were.
Speaker 2: Like Cocoa Beach, Florida.
Speaker 3: That told you, now, chack and see how far Cocoa Beach from Jacksonville, Matt might drive to Coco Beach and then I'll tell you about the Civil War.
Speaker 2: Jacksonville to Cocoa Beach is two hours and forty four minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Jacksonville is way up by the Georgia border. Coco Beach is way down south along the Atlantic Ocean.
Speaker 3: All right, Can I move on now?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Civil War? Here we go.
Speaker 3: James B. McPherson two hundred and sixty one years old today, a general in the Union Army career, US Army officer, born in Clyde, Ohio. Good looking guy. When it's a West Point in eighteen fifty three, was first in his class. And that's the interesting thing. Like these guys that all went to West Point together, they ended up fighting with or against each other into Civil War. So they were all like in each other's weddings and very like the people you went to college with, very intimately involved.
Speaker 2: Second West Point reference today. We talked about army earlier with the number of the day. Okay, well, thank you, spreading to back all full circle.
Speaker 3: And this guy was in the Army as a general. He got married, worked in New York when the Civil war started, he rolled with the Union. He was on the staff of Henry Halleck. Henry Halleck was an infamous bureaucrat, an organizer of things. Ended up in Washington, DC with Lincoln through the war. He was with Ulysses S. Grant at Shiloh, which was a mess but still good for the Union because Grant reorganized the army and pushed the South off of the battlefield there in Shiloh. He did a pretty good job. He was willing to get a lot of people killed, was Ulysses S. Grant. And he was with Grant during the Siege of Vicksburg. Do you know about the Siege of Vicksburg at all?
Speaker 2: I may have heard it in a history class, but I don't remember it.
Speaker 3: The Siege of Vicksburg happened around the same time as Gettysburg, and a lot of people think that it's because Gettysburg is the biggest deal in the history of the Civil War, and in many ways it is because that was Robert E. Lee's army, you know, up there messing around in Pennsylvania, which is the north, and they were pointing south. And the only army between Lee and Lincoln at d C was the Army of the Potomac. So you win at Gettysburg, you march into d C. You get a treaty sign, you get secession. So that's why people talk about Gettysburg. But the siege of vicks Burg down in Mississippi is very, very significant. Would you like to know why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: The Father of waters? Why who the Mississippi River which Abraham Lincoln referred to as the father of waters.
Speaker 2: Oh, if you can control that.
Speaker 3: Once they took Vicksburg, they controlled the whole Mississippi River, and that basically eliminated any army that the South had in all of their communication west of the river, and really kind of just destroyed everything for the South. Once they lost the river, they took full control and that really did hurt the Confederacy. At the Battle of Atlanta, when he was with Sherman McPherson was galloping around on his horse. He was riding to what he thought was his core, and they were in the area, but came out of the bush a bunch of Confederate skirmishers were waiting, and he got shot in the back. As he wheeled his horse around and turned away to gallop away. He was shot in the back.
Speaker 2: Worst place to get shot.
Speaker 3: And one of the guys who was shooting asked the orderly who was with him? You know who did we shoot? Who is that? And the orderly it's a very famous story. The orderly said, you've killed the best man in our army. This is General Macpherson, the second highest ranking Union officer to be killed in the Civil War.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: The first was Sedgwick, the highest ranking guy at Spotsylvania. This was south of there in the Battle of Atlanta, and a lot of tributes and statues and things like that.
Speaker 2: Are you still there, you think the statues?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a Union guy.
Speaker 2: A copy of that. You never know.
Speaker 3: A month later Atlanta was surrendered. It was early in the Battle of Atlanta, and I think what ended up becoming a siege, which is why you wait outside for them to starve and then they finally surrender. So there you go.
Speaker 2: I love it. A little history though.
Speaker 3: James McPherson. You know, as a history major, I would expect you to know more of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, I forgot a lot of it.
Speaker 3: I get it. Yeah, No, that's good.
Speaker 2: A lot of it was, you know, intake and right back out when I was in college.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you have a live guy.
Speaker 2: Today's a live guy. Birthday of the Day, Happy sixty Firth Birthday two. Joseph Simmons, better known in the music and the rap world as DJ run Yes from Run DMC. Born in Hollis, Queens, he comes from a musical family. His older brothers are artist Danny Simmons and of course Russell Simmons, the co founder of def Jam Records. Before forming Run DMC, Joseph Simmons was the main singer in a hip hop group called The Force. Then, at the age of nineteen, Simmons started Run DMC with his friend Daryl dmc McDaniels and the late DJ Jason jammaster j Myzelle. Joseph Simmons was the lead vocalist for the group Run DMC, regarded as one of the most influential acts in the history of hip hop records run With the release of Run DMC in nineteen eighty four, they became the first hip hop group to achieve a gold record. That followed with the certified platinum record King of Rock in nineteen eighty five, making Run DMC the first hip hop group to go platinum, raising Hell in nineteen eighty six became the first multi platinum hip hop record. Run DMC's cover of Walk This Way, of Course with Aerosmith really had a crossover in the genres of music. Run DMC was the first hip hop act to have their music video on MTV. They appeared on American Bandstand, They were on the cover of Rolling Stone, They performed at Live Aid, and then nominated for a Grammy Award. Rolling Stone says run DMC number forty eight out of the list of one hundred Greatest Arts of All Time. In two thousand and seven, they were named the Greatest hip Hop group of all Time by MTV the Greatest hip Hop artist of all Time by VH one. In two thousand and nine, run DMC became the second hip hop group to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five was the first. Back in two thousand and seven, They received the Lifetime Achievement Award in twenty sixteen from the Grammys.
Speaker 3: Did you go through a rap phase? I mean, I know that that phase.
Speaker 2: Is over, whatever it was, but I did, like, you know, Peter Piper, what you're hearing my Adidas that whole late eighties.
Speaker 3: Well, the Adidas thing was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Joseph Simmons, as you mentioned, became known as Rev Run later in his life. He was an ordained and still is a Pentecostal minister. He has appeared on MTV series, many of them. Runs House is the one that got it all started from two thousand and five to two thousand and nine. He's also created TV shows for DIY Network and HGTV. He's got a show on the Cooking Channel that ran for a few years called Rev Runs Sunday Suppers. In twenty sixteen on the Travel Channel. He's got Rev Runs around the world. He's been married twice, six kids, Wow, one adopted. Still lives in New York with his second wife. Happy sixty first birthday to one of the og rappers for Run DMC. Joseph Simmons pulled a little history lesson on music for some of the young listeners. Now that's true that don't know about Run DMC. Later in like the nineties, right around two thousand, they had some incidents that sort of let them to go their separate ways.
Speaker 3: One of them got killed, one of them.
Speaker 2: Didn't get killed. Yes, that was a jam master Jay, Well, that's kind of a bummer. But Rev Run still doing his thing, no doubt, still lives in a gigantic house.
Speaker 3: Remember Down with the King. That was a big song that came out later like a comeback song, Down with the King.
Speaker 2: There's a great documentary about the Beastie Boys and it talks about Run dmc lot because the rundimc gotta set the way for the Beastie Boys.
Speaker 3: Well, we're gonna whip it around the world of sports. In the very next segment, we'll have our quick hits, and then we'll have before that a final hour fun fact and we will continue with another twenty minutes of great sports talk on am FI seventy l Speak Sports Talk