Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the morning. I had such a busy week. Remember I talked about this, you know how I over commit myself. I had something happened to me this weekend, and I want to talk to all my Irish that are out there. And I'm not talking about people who are Irish or Saint Patrick's Day Irish. I'm talking about the people that like me, are the kings of the Irish goodbys.
Speaker 2: You are the king.
Speaker 1: Do you guys know what an Irish goodbye is? An Irish goodbye getting the hell out of somewhere and nobody realizing that you left.
Speaker 2: I'm so good at doing this.
Speaker 1: So I went to a graduation party this weekend and shout out to Olivia on her graduation.
Speaker 2: Chelsea and I are so proud of.
Speaker 3: But not proud enough to stay the entire time.
Speaker 2: Going to Grand Valley. Shout out to Grand Valley.
Speaker 1: So I go to their house and they had the party in a perfect spot to Irish goodbye.
Speaker 2: They're back here.
Speaker 1: They had like the bat because on a backyard party, especially a backyard party where there's no fences or anything like that, you can walk in either side of the house. Right there's a little pathway on each side of the house, so it doesn't make a difference where people will see you come in and go in, so to speak, and they don't usually at graduation parties allow you in the house unless you have to go pee or you know whatever and use their bathroom. So typically I don't even walk through the garage and go through the house. So I walk into the back and tell me your best Irish goodbye story, and I'm going to tell you mine. This is how I do it. I walk into the back of their house. So I get back there and I scope everything out. I got my envelope with the money inside, ready to figure out where the box is that you know, you put the gifts. I look right away to find the grad as well as mom and dad, because you've got to go say hi to mom and dad and sometimes grandparents too, because you need to have witnesses that you were there. And I try to make my presence known right away. So this is what I did. Walked right up to Olivia and said hello to her friends and stuff and everybody that was part of her class. UH then went up to Mom and Dad talked to them. I talked to uh aunt Trudy, who was there. I'm trying to think of who else was there. I'm trying to think of all the people that are there. These are people that used to live in our old neighborhood that we do. So I'm sitting there for a little bit and I'm talking to some people and I partook in a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of the food.
Speaker 1: They had some barbecue, which was really good. And then I was like, I can't stay here very long. Like I'll be honest with you, I know this is going to sound really bad. I was very tired, and I figured, I don't even think I can do an hour. And I don't know what is the appropriate of how long you should.
Speaker 3: Stay at a party at.
Speaker 2: I really do Yep, you.
Speaker 4: Know this the equivalent of what a whole bath versus getting a shower. You just get spots, you get oh yeah, he talks to the right people, do the right things.
Speaker 2: Very interesting.
Speaker 1: That is analogy by fours are good. So I stayed for twenty one minutes. That's very fast. I got very that's a dry record. It took me almost as long to find the parking spot in front of the house. I walked in, I said hi to everybody, I was there and the funniest and I'm outing myself right now, although I outed myself yesterday because I ended up getting a text and I was like, guys, I'm sorry. I didn't stay very long, Like yeah, we looked for you, like I was out of it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is about me.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say goodbyes, Like once you say goodbye to one person, you got to say goodbye to everybody, and then nobody wants you to leave.
Speaker 3: Well, and then it prolonged. You end up staying double the amount of time because then you got to make the rounds of goodbyes, just like you made the rounds of hellos.
Speaker 2: Twenty minutes is personal. Oh, you got to get in there and you're you're doing exactly what you're.
Speaker 3: There to do for the whole No, you got to stay longer than that.
Speaker 2: What are you doing for long?
Speaker 3: You got to look at you got to look at some of the pictures.
Speaker 2: That's a part of its one.
Speaker 3: Drop the garden, have some food.
Speaker 2: They had pictures in the front yard.
Speaker 3: Surprised that you did not take a photo with Olivia and post it to our Instagram story to say congratulations. There's a lot of times I'm like, who's this person that Mojo posted?
Speaker 1: Okay, no, so understand it. I almost did it as my proof I thought I should.
Speaker 2: I mean as things that you were there.
Speaker 1: My problem, though, isn't I start looking like Bianca where I'm like, all right, let's get pictures done right now? What's up, Megan?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: Bye, good morning, good morning? Are you an Irish goodbyer?
Speaker 5: I am an Irish goodbuyer, but my husband is the king of all.
Speaker 2: Irish goodbyer is.
Speaker 6: A really okay, yes, but they are the superior because like by the time you're leaving, your social.
Speaker 2: Battery is like dead.
Speaker 7: So it's like the most minimal goodbye is the best.
Speaker 2: Now, Megan, when sure, especially if you have kids.
Speaker 1: When my kids graduated, when all the boys went through this and we had to go to like five parties on a day that at that point I don't even Irish goodbye. I just go, hey, we're in and out, like it has to be that way. But if you go to somebody's house, I'll even pull the Irish goodbye.
Speaker 2: I've pulled the Irish goodbye.
Speaker 1: Before and been the only family invited over, Like I have you do that? I start what I do. Start putting the food away? Oh my god, yeah, start helping them with them.
Speaker 3: You can't, you can't, you cannot.
Speaker 1: You're the only one there, Shannon, No, you can't. I'm the Prime Minister of Ireland. What's going on, Tiffany? How you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: I'm good.
Speaker 7: Good morning guys, good morning.
Speaker 2: Are you an Irish goodbyer?
Speaker 6: I am? And actually so I went to a friend of mine's house and uh, when I got there, she was telling me like, there's gonna be a bunch of people here, and I'm just like, okay, well if I disappear, don't be surprised, blah blah blah, like you better not do that. Well, after about like an hour, there was probably like fifteen people and I was like.
Speaker 5: So over it.
Speaker 6: I walked away. About like twenty minutes later, I got a phone call and she's like, where are You're about to eat the food? I'm like, girl, I'm ben gone, Like.
Speaker 2: You're going to make Downald's drift through already? How fat you know it? How fast are your your goodbyes? Like? How like how speed demon are you? Well?
Speaker 6: Once I see like that most people are talking to each other, and like I could slip away in the back. That's kind of like what I do. I'm just like, okay, well it's been nice, and then I just did walk out bikesit.
Speaker 3: Do you know who I think is going to give you a run for your money, Mojo is George, our buddy who owns six salons. And I say that because on Friday night at the Hour Detroit party, we were all trying to figure out, you know, how we were going to get to the DAC afterwards so we could get food and continue to hang out and stuff. We were in the car on the way there and I texted Georgia, said, hey, what are you and your beautiful wife and daughter doing, because we're heading over to the DAC, like would love to see you or whatever. He sent me a picture of him in his backyard watching with a.
Speaker 2: Fire on my job.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I literally still thought you were at the party. You drove all the way home, got into your Jammy's and had a snack.
Speaker 1: That's good, By the way, that's amazing if your home and out of your clothes like that's actually he may be honestly better than I am.
Speaker 2: I'll show you, George. What's up?
Speaker 1: Ben?
Speaker 7: How you doing yo, mojo, what's happening?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 5: How's everybody doing this morning?
Speaker 1: We're we're excited, we got a big concert coming, we got money we're giving away.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 7: So anyway, you guys are talking about the doing what we call it doing the slip?
Speaker 2: Okay, and so what's funny.
Speaker 5: My dad and I worked together.
Speaker 7: For about fifteen years. We'd be at a.
Speaker 1: Business meeting like you guys were at that hour thing on Friday night.
Speaker 7: My dad wouldn't even tell me he'd do it the slip. People be like, where's your dad?
Speaker 6: I'm like, uh, what.
Speaker 7: Your own father doesn't even give you kind of a I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Head I'm gonna head out.
Speaker 2: Just I'm sure. Ben.
Speaker 1: We love you guys so much, you're our sons, but we can't say goodbye.
Speaker 2: To you because if we do, you'll give up our game.
Speaker 7: You know, you know I probably would have I probably would have to Bruce.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Bruce would always.
Speaker 2: Shout out, Bruce.
Speaker 4: Dad's been slipping their kids for years. Thought, I'm going to get some milk.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Nicole? Hi?
Speaker 6: Okay, you guys can not Irish goodbye at an Italian get together.
Speaker 2: They will have the police looking. Oh they get pissed about that. Huh No, where did An go? Where did Teresa go? Where did Nicole go?
Speaker 5: I can't find them?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. They put out the search party.
Speaker 3: Because they want you to take all the food home.
Speaker 2: What's going on, Marlin? Hi, what's going on? Nothing much? Buddy? Are you an Irish goodbyer?
Speaker 7: I'm a mix flip out. I'll get out your house in a minute. I'll take a phone call like somebody on the phone with me and I can't here and go outside and read.
Speaker 2: It's loud.
Speaker 7: Two weeks ago, when my wife stood in there talking, I'm like, we gotta go.
Speaker 2: Like I love it eating.
Speaker 1: The purpose Marlin, you're awesome things, buddy. What's going on? Kristin?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 2: I'm good for you, fantastic. What's happening? So Irish goodbye?
Speaker 5: But it's usually at my own home.
Speaker 2: Wait, you can't leave your own home. What do you do? Go to bed?
Speaker 5: I sure do, I say, I'm going to the rest.
Speaker 2: That's great. I've got to tell you that that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Just let everybody lock up for you and uh and clean up after you.
Speaker 2: What's up ron high.
Speaker 5: What's going on, y'all?
Speaker 2: Good morning morning, Good morning body. What's happening?
Speaker 5: Man? I was goodbye for my own birthday party one time I had to get go. I had to get go. You know, they played deer my birthday sex And there's one little thing I came with kind of gave me the like we out here like last year.
Speaker 2: Let's be.
Speaker 5: All right, I gotta have the duties the next thing. I know, my brothers and stuff, text me like where you are. I'm like, I'm at the free handles and venice.
Speaker 2: Real stick is so good? Hold on? Silence calls it the African goodbye? Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm the king of the African Goodbye? Is that? That's when I'll say, I'm about to go to the store. I'll be right, bet, and then.
Speaker 2: I gotta go. Why is it? Everybody needs a bag of ice? Right? You gotta get the bag of ice? Hold on, this is the funniest.
Speaker 1: Kelly is married to it an Irish goodbyer, and it's not always good to be the wife of an Irish good buyer.
Speaker 2: Why is that? Kelly?
Speaker 5: We'll go to his side.
Speaker 7: His family functions drive separate so he could slip out, he leaves you there, and I'm yeah, I me and the kid's there because he'll drive separate, so then he could slip.
Speaker 6: Out so he doesn't have to stay.
Speaker 1: That is I want to know, right, I really want to know how many people haven't driven separate and left somebody there?
Speaker 2: Could you imagine if you
Speaker 1: Do it all the time, goodbye, and your family has to call an uber to get out of there, that would be bad.