Speaker 1: It is Thursday. It's January twenty ninth, twenty twenty six. Watch to get to Today from a new Alex Preddy video drops to new details about the ilhan Omar syringe, attach Guy and some really sweet satellite radio mailbox money is on the way, Postcolls dispatches, emails, text san more, Hey there Sabrina. Hello, Hello Sea La, what's happening? And hello to you. You can join us on the show. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to thenewsjunkie dot com record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the news Junkie. Your message is rolling right into the studio in real time. How is everybody doing on a Thursday?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Good? How are you good? It is a little frosty, and it's starting to get to me a little bit. Here's the sent man.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's not it hasn't been as cold as like the beginning of the week when we get up, but then this weekend it's just gonna go.
Speaker 1: I'm like reading all the articles about how to prepare and this is such a weird, non snow guy thing to do here, Like What do I do with my lawn? What am I supposed to do with my bushes?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Everything? Do you drive around and see people who have already prepared their plants, It looks like Halloween decorations almost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all on the lawn. They bagged them up and stuff. People got sheets on their their bushes. We are freaking out down here in New York, all right, We're losing our minds a little bit. I wonder if I need to go cover my neighbor's tree. He loves that tree. You know, you're just telling beforehand, don't just go over there and do it, because that's gonna seem we're out of town.
Speaker 6: Survival of the fittest. For me, the plants don't make you.
Speaker 1: We're meant to be right when we babying these things. And what are the babying plants for?
Speaker 3: I think the cold is doing weird stuff to me because I looked it up and like, my jaw is clicking a little more than usual.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, is it? When did that start? Like in a couple of days or something?
Speaker 6: Jesus, oh clicking the snowstorm.
Speaker 1: That's one of the big signs actually of what of impending doom and death is Yeah, that's put.
Speaker 5: Yourself in a closet with three hundred dollars cash and you're a debit card pin written on you.
Speaker 4: For it.
Speaker 1: I'll load you up with an air tag. Will We'll tuck you away, read your little story, and we'll take you out after the winter storm. That's how this is all done. All right, let's put it. You could make that happen. I would. I would totally sign off on me too. Our fingers on the pulse. Let's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to sports baby, indeed, pow, they call me the sporting guns lately, shooting hoops. The sport of shooting hoops is what it is basketball because Charles bark who I'm not saying he's on the zempic stuff, but he's looking a little thinner. He's looking a little like a deflated basketball. He's he's looking a little thinner than wow, because he's bald. Still funny as ever. Still cannot get enough of him. And Shaquille O'Neill and if I died during the winter freeze, which Amy Kaffeld their friend Amy Coffel posted on Facebook and I said all caps. I said, I don't think I'm gonna survive this, and she said, don't worry. If you die, I'll say nice things about you. And I was like, she's not even trying to keep me alive. She's just but still nice, still nice. But here we go. Let's go to what happened during this segment on ESPN they had some technical difficulties. You might say, here we go.
Speaker 2: Give me a couple of sleeper teams, like we're gonna go for it that nobody's talking about, because you can make one move, especially in the East, all.
Speaker 1: Right, saying give me some sleeper teams. Oh, look, we've lost, we've lost the guest that is live on ESPN.
Speaker 2: Maybe even in the West, and put yourself in the conversation. So what what what a couple of sleeper teams?
Speaker 1: The guest screen flashed from like every time kind of test bar pattern to squiggily live. So yeah, like you're watching a pay channel that you didn't subscribe to back in the day. Yeah, that's about how this looked. And all of a sudden it faded out. Well, now look what you get. You see me Tuck's back there you go, We're back. They tried to recover pretty quickly, and I give him some credit for that. You try to put the train back on the tracks. But it wasn't meant to be. There was another problem beef up their situation.
Speaker 7: And so I would look there as far as Demonta, Sabonis, Jahn Morant, Giannis, New York, Miami, hanging in there.
Speaker 1: We lost him again. Well he was It was fun. Wallet last, This is my favorite part. You can't have a problem like this on your television show with Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal. All right, this is what they're gonna do.
Speaker 2: What boy, ESPN? Pay your bills, man, pay your bills.
Speaker 1: Know, times are tough. It was no fault, Chuck. The biggest was content. Shaq says, I'll bring it back. Shack says, is your fault, Chuck, your big ass head blocking the satellite. These guys just constantly ribbing each other, podcasts, bills. Know, times are tough. It was no fault, Chuck. The biggest was content. It last was you know, and I love, I love. They never got him back. Unfortunately, this satellite walked by this big head.
Speaker 3: I like how he repeated the satellite joke, just to you know, because some people kind of stepped over it.
Speaker 1: He wanted to say it again.
Speaker 6: You know, the guys are still talking amongst themselves, but.
Speaker 1: Well they're not laughing now they have nothing but time to kill. Now it's like, oh, well, we had this whole segment ready for some sort of interview, and now the interview is not happening. So what do we do. We're completely screwed out of this whole thing. There you go, Love, I'm still here. That's weird. Now we're gonna lose half the streamers. They're gonna really actually believe something went wrong here. Let's h By the way, you see the scoreboard up there, Celan left that up. We can sap that you On Professional Savage. We have Fritz on the Street coming up today a little later on to play along with us. Fritz on the Street is coming up now. We didn't have a scoreboard last week because we were just trying to push our way through it and make sure everything was working right. Now, I think we're good to go. We're locked in new sponsors. All is good. Fritz is going to be joining us later on the show for Fritz on the Street, and I'm excited about that. I also think I don't know if this is going to bring us together or not, but I wanted to give you a peek of the before we rip things wide open today on the show. But Kid Rock is trying to bring us all together. Kid Rock has showed up to fight for the little guy in the House of Representatives in Congress in Washington, d C. He's looking a little strange these days. He's got like kind of a Crocodile Dundee motif going on. If you take the laptop, you'll see, Yeah, there you go. He's got sort of a he's got a crocodile Dundee type hat on, he's got a start test but he's still got the like I'm a I'm a hip hop guy necklace kind of going and in some way here and he was talking before Congress. He's fighting for us all all you Kid Rock haters. Maybe this changes.
Speaker 3: It seems like if don Imus had mister T as a guest, and mister T gave him a necklace, you know, just just.
Speaker 1: As a as a guess, that's not far off nat position to testify.
Speaker 8: Because Kid Rock, unlike most of my years, I am beholden to no one, no record companies, no managers, no corporate endorsements, deals music.
Speaker 1: To put it plainly, I ain't scared. I'm scared. He says he's willing to come after the ticket peoples because the ticket people's everybody else is corrupted by them. They've got to sell their tickets through Live Nation. I mean, I'm going on those big festivals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's getting rock festival that's coming to Okalla, like.
Speaker 1: That ludicrous dropped out from or whatever when there was a little bit of heat from it. Oh, it's a Maga fest and then there was a whole thing, and so he's Yeah, he's out there touring still, but he says Live Nation sucks and they're ripping you off. So he's fighting forever here to speak out on these issues.
Speaker 8: Like many artists, managers and agents are for fear of biting the hand that feeds them. I'm here because hard working Americans who love live music deserve better.
Speaker 1: True artists deserve control over their own work.
Speaker 8: No artists should be forced to sell their tickets without a say and who sells.
Speaker 1: Them and how they are sold.
Speaker 8: True, what other business in America doesn't control or at least have a say in their own inventory. If artists had real choice, real competition would follow and tickets would end up in the hands of real fans at the prices we the artist set.
Speaker 1: You know, I gotta tell you I'm in agreement. I agree with Kid Rock here. I think the concert ticket resale market is anti capitalist. I think the concert ticket resale market is out of control and it is designed to go after the little impoverished guy. And I want to fight for those folks who only have a couple extra bucks to scrape together to try to see either a Kid Rock show or a show from some other performer out there. I don't know who's the team that cursed the Orlando Magic Ghost the band, be it Ghost or Kid Rock. I want you to be able to go see one of these shows without getting ripped off. And he's right about this. To scam the scandal is to push tickets over to the secondary markets. And it's a pretend free market. It's not really a free market.
Speaker 6: Do we do this already?
Speaker 1: Well, we do it all the time, but nothing changed. Every man does this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was hundreds of artists and it was all about the the jetpard Ara, the monopoly, and they even I mean, the only thing I saw change was Ticketmaster says all the fees and stuff for their up front.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so now the price tagtics looks bigger. Jam has been anti Ticketmaster for the longest time, and there they have a way. I think a couple other bands do this for at least their biggest fans that are in the in the fan club. Like you have to buy the tickets from the fan club and you cannot scalp them.
Speaker 1: You have to pick them up. They do not mail them to you. That's better, it's more secure, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to pick them up. It will call and head right into the venue. There is no buffoonery, no no scalpery unless you have like my friend used to have an actual fake ID just for Pearl Jam tickets.
Speaker 1: Games good. I think if there is going to be a show, here's what I think this and maybe you guys agree or disagree, tummy. I think, if there's going to be a performance, every single venue should have to stipulate next to the ticket that is on sale exactly how many tickets are being made available and how many tickets are being withheld. If tickets are being withheld, what they're being withheld for. If they're being withheld for secondary market sales, they should have to list exactly if they're being held for seat geek or whoever it is, and they should also have to disclose the exact arrangement financially made between the band or performer, the venue and the ticketing agent. All of this should be as clear as day.
Speaker 3: Well, this is not all get under like tred secrets though, like it's kind of no no, even though it's a little anti trustee.
Speaker 1: I want the ingredients to the deal, That's what I want. I want the ingredients the deal for everybody, not based on just the ticket sales outlets. I want it based on the venues. I want the venues to have to display how many tickets they're selling, not some secret and they go, oh, it's sold out in fifteen seconds, and then you look and you go, how are their tickets on stub Hub five seconds after this? How is it that there were already tickets up beforehand? Is because they're all they're all selling stuff secretly behind the scenes. The bands are taking a cut of it, and the performers are taking a cut of it. Ticket Master is just the paid villain. They're literally the paid villains is to always take that role. It's screwy and we need to push some changes for kid Rock, Bless your soul. I hope you win. You won't them, Unfortunately you will not have the big question. The big question remains where we see snow. Do we put bets on? Whether I think we did right.
Speaker 5: We did propose betting, but I don't know if we put down numbers or where.
Speaker 1: I guess we have to say, like what what constitutes snow? Like if you have but if you have a little little bit of fluff that lands on the windshield of your car, snow, right, It's like if you videotape the snow falling and it hits your hand, snow. Yeah. Agree, But if nothing's hitting the ground, it's not snow, it doesn't it doesn't count. If it's not making it actually hit the ground. Well, but I mean if it like hits something, if it like lands on something, it survives the fall from from way up in the altitudes down onto earth. So we all agree, right, we agree that what has to be at least one pinch of snow. So I think it should be able to be photographed sitting on a surface, like laying on a surface.
Speaker 6: Or surface is kind of hot these days.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, but I have to last very long. You just watch it, take a picture or little video, dispatch it in over on the website. I still don't think it's gonna happen. I still works, but all right, the bet is this. Do you think there's gonna be a pinch of snow that falls in Orlando? A pinch of snow? I say yes, West pot be chain gat.
Speaker 2: None of this doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: There is there's a Calshi market right now that says snow in Miami this month.
Speaker 1: Question mark no in Miami's.
Speaker 3: Nobody has u there's no. Yeah, there's not really any action on it. If I bet ten dollars, if I bet one dollar, yeah, it would pay one hundred.
Speaker 1: Or is it not? Let me get any where. It ain't gonna happen. It's not gonna happen. Let's start Orlando one. Yeah. I mean, I'm surprised there's not one that would make more sense. But some stories out there today saying golf effects snow. It could happen. Flurries for Florida Saturday, Sunday into Monday. These days are gonna be cold. It's already cold here in the southeastern United States, the Northwest. You're still freezing cold up there. Everybody's cold. Everybody out there is cold, save for those right on the equator in the sweet spot. Right now, all right, we're gonna take quick break when we come back. We've got some emails to get into. We got an update on the Alex Pretty situation in Minnesota where he was killed by those DHS agents. There's a new video that's come forward on that. We got more details about the liquid syringe spray thing from yesterday. We got a lot happening. Plus we have to address at some point today the increasingly viral sent into my inbox I think six times so far this morning, Vacuum Saska. He's gonna have to make it on the show. I don't think there's any way around it. We'll see what happens with all this. It's coming up next on the news. Junkie emails rolling in in just a moment. It's one way you could contact the show, and if you want to be anonymous, that's fine. Just put it up on top of the email. If the email is interesting, insightful, if there's something about it that stands out. I'll try to repeat it back here on the show. Tips thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, a rundown. I got a rundown for you because there's major updates on something that we've been talking about. In fact, there's major updates on multiple things we've been talking about, prompting not one, but two rundowns. What do we do. We are running down a dream on this show, and just buckle up and sit back. Let's see what we got for you.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: Alex Pretty is the first update here. This is the guy that was shot and killed by federal officers in Minneapolis, and a new video has surfaced of him. The video was allegedly filmed eleven days before he was shot and killed by these federal officers wrongly identified by most people as being Ice agents because everything's conflated, like everybody in Camo or everybody in like a white car is now just an Ice agent. They were actually Department of Homeland Security or Border patrol officers in that case. And what they have resurfaced is some footage of the same dude like eleven days earlier. So that same Alex Pretty guy eleven days earlier. Now, the response to this footage which I'll show those eving on the stream and explained that. For everybody else in just second has been that this is a it's not even real and everything that I don't like for some reason is fake. That's the new agreed upon thing for on people. But the BBC, who has a pretty good outlet when it comes to this kind of stuff, has confirmed the authenticity of this video that shows that the guy who was killed by those agents, and it was again eleven days before he was shot and killed. BBC confirmed the authenticity of the video yesterday. I think since then his family has also confirmed this video. And let me see if I could bring up the actual footage. Okay, here's the footage. I've got it from like seven thousand different angles because it's such a weird world we live in, like everything is filmed by everybody everywhere now, which I'm thankful for, Like I am, I mean, I think it's so valuable to be able to see things and to be able to get more information about stories and not just take everybody's word for it. Still in the day and age of AI, the video is more powerful. But here's the guy who they say is Alex pretty the man who is to be shot and killed by agents down the road. He's screaming at one of these federal agents here by this suv. Then the agent gets in the vehicle and he goes up at the back of the vehicle, spits on them, and kicks the car as it drives away. And so he kicked the back of the suv as it started to pull away. I have this from more angles because so many people are saying it's AI. This might be the same angle because this is still further away down the street. Here's another angle of the same incident. I'm going to turn the volume down simply because, as with all these videos, there's so much cursing. But here's the guy who ended up being shot by the Feds. He's screaming at them in this interaction that's almost just played the audio. He is screaming at them, f you get the f out of here, things like that. He's saying a lot of curse words. Then he spits on them. Then he kicks the back of the suv, jam breaks out the back of the suv. He popped out the tailight on the back of the suv, and then double birds the officers who come out and address him afterwards. And this was not, by the way, I don't believe. I do not believe this was the event that they were talking about where his ribs got messed up, right, And I'll tell you about the reaction to this, because I think it's interesting in just a second. But the most interesting thing to me is when you watch a video like this, here's what you see. You see that many of you are are being tricked a little bit. You know, you're being pulled along in a particular direction. And instead of telling you what is true, which is already bad, that a man was killed who did not need to be killed, that a man was killed who very much could have been let go by these officers, and you know, I think they were absolutely wrong in doing that. But that's not enough for some people. So you have to turn him into something different, like he's just this peaceful observer. That's why people were prickly when I said that this guy, Alex Preddy was an agitator, that this is what he did when he wasn't workingment And I see you, not just eleven days prior, this is what he was doing regularly. He was following these groups around and he was trying to stop these federal agents from doing their job, and he was interacting with them and spitting on them and kicking their vehicles. This guy clearly was not just sitting there peacefully filming at all of these events. This is what he did. He did not like these people. He wanted to stop them. He wanted to be part of a movement to stop them. He wasn't some peaceful protester. He was part of the group of agitators that were following around and tracking these federal officers in Minnesota. That's very clear, Okay, very clear. What everybody wants to hear that or not. Now here's the problem I have with this. I think it could actually make things worse. But a lot of people don't seem smart enough to understand that part. But this is proof that he's had other physical interactions with these officers, and I would say you could make an argument that it would be proof that these officers might have known who he was, and maybe they were more likely to get violent with him because they're, like Jesus, this guy again, the guy who keeps spitting on us and screaming in our faces and kicking the back of our SUVs, and we didn't get to arrest him yet.
Speaker 5: So let's put seven bullets in him. Oh talk, don't get so frustrated, question man.
Speaker 1: Because your response to what I'm saying is acting as if I'm validating the response.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that at all. We're having a discussion.
Speaker 1: Go on. You literally just said, so let's put seven bullets in him. What I'm saying is this guy going up and getting in their faces and doing all these things very well could have fueled the fire that led them to be pissed off and maybe led them to do something they shouldn't have done in the moment. Right, So it actually could make things worse. But in order to handle it on that level, you have to first admit that the video is even real, which not a lot of people seem willing to do. Even though I've seen it from multiple angles. There's still a lot of like, it's artificial intelligence, it's not real, et cetera, et cetera. And then they had like this event last night, a town hall, I guess you would say, state of emergency town hall on CNN called confronting the Crisis in Minnesota, and the mayor of Minneapolis was asked by this so let's see what he said.
Speaker 3: A video like this which is just emerged, some people are going to see it as in one way, other people are going to see it in another way.
Speaker 1: Do you think it changes at all? Do you think this video?
Speaker 9: To you?
Speaker 1: What does this video say?
Speaker 7: I actually haven't yet seen the video, But are we actually making the argument that Alex pretty should be killed for something that happened like eleven days prior to the shooting itself. No, I think we should be talking about the circumstances that actually led to the killing and what took place.
Speaker 1: Okay, see, and I totally agree. We shouldn't say that it justified killing the guy eleven days ago. That's not really the point of it. To me. What it adds to the conversation is that he was You don't have to pretend like it was some peaceful, praying monk on the scene. He literally probably wouldn't even like that because that's what he was out there doing every day. He was trying to get in between the federal agents and what they were trying to do, whether you agree or disagree. So it's like, hey, bringing this up is tantamount to excusing what was happening. Were the response to it, No, not at all. In fact, it overcomplicates what actually was happening on the scene, but it does burst this narrative that this was just a guy who was like, you know, just the icu'd dude just sitting here watching like that's not what this guy was up to. He was and I don't see him like punching these officers in the face, to be clear, but I do definitely see him, by the playbook, getting in there and attempting to interfere with what was going on here. That's what he wanted to do.
Speaker 3: Did they say or did have they pointed out in any of those videos from the past interactions whether he was armed for those as well.
Speaker 1: I think he Well, I don't know if they know or not, but there was somebody who showed this new footage and you could see it look like something was in his back, like like he had something in the back of his pants. I don't know if he had the gun at this particular thing or not. I haven't seen much more discussion about that, but it's just not that it matters.
Speaker 3: I was just curious, like if if you know, if what you're kind of saying, how this could be even worse for ice because they would have known this guy yeah, and been like this guy again and then thought maybe because he had a gun or something like, even though it was not something that was pointed at one of them. It was not something that was you know, fired at any point, but I was just curious if he was carrying every time.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is just looking at this from a completely disconnected point of view. If you told me that officers thought a guy had a gun and then the officers freaked out and they shot that guy and he didn't have a gun at the time because another officer had taken the gun away from him, I would go, Okay, that sounds bad. And then I'd said, look at the video and I go, that is bad. If you told me after that, hey, one of the officers, the one that actually pulled the trigger, was somebody that he spit on a couple of days earlier, I think that changes the equation. I think, and we don't know if that's the case or not, but I think that would change the equation if you had more of a relationship between these two and it actually would make the person pulling the trigger look worse. But most people are taking it that way, It's just like, hey, artificial intelligence. Everything I don't like is fake et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, or misinterpreting what the clip is actually all about. The clip is about this, Like here's CNN talking about this dude. Afterwards, here here is Anna Navarro talking about him.
Speaker 10: They chose to they killed the wrong guy, right, because this is this is like the perfect guy, Alex pretty is the guy you would want to date your daughter, the guy you'd want your son to grow up to be a decent human being, who was serving humanity, serving sick veterans. Who is you know, there is nothing that has been said about that man that isn't wonderful, and so they can't malign him.
Speaker 1: So I think this is what this goes to the heart of It's like he was this perfect, little, sweet little angel. No, but you don't have to be, you know, And it's not justice if you only consider a portion of all of this. You have to think about everything that actually went into this moment. Send your feedback over to the newsjunky dot com. Record a dispatch over there if you'd like to do so. It's easy. You could do video or audio and you could also send your emails to tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. All right, a lot of people have been emailing before the shows, somebody saying this, good morning news JUNKI, good morning, good afternoon, whatever. Just wanted to send this email. This is anonymous to get your thoughts and opinions on the Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj and the President Donald Trump linking up. And he said yes, this person says he acknowledged Nicki Minaj is the Queen of Rap on his very on TikTok page. I guess this is going to like Trump's TikTok page. I did see that they were hanging out because I thought the photo. I don't know if you guys have seen this Trump manage. Now was the Queen of rap? Very large nails? Yeah? Have you seen them holding hands? It's so weird. It's very bizarre. Here it is. This is the one that I saw.
Speaker 3: It's Trump because I know what Nicki Minaj looked like. I didn't know that this photo was going around.
Speaker 1: And Nicki Minaj must have I don't want to exaggerate. Three inch nails.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe wronger skin on the top of his hand.
Speaker 1: She could rip him apart. She's got her wolverine pause around his hands for this event that they were at, and I think he even gave her like the Trump Gold card. What they were saying, yeah, so I I this is a side show. I don't care anything about Nicki Minaj or her opinion on anything, but I thought that part was pretty silly. And I thought there was one other part about this. I don't know if I'll be able to find it. But Fox News made a mistake when they were talking about this. Here it is okay, I do have it. Fox News was talking about her being with the press, isn't it and made a mistake and got corrected in real time.
Speaker 11: Now Nicki Minage and Donald Trump, now conservatives were, including myself, we're beyond disgusted by some of her lyrics and her songs over the years.
Speaker 4: W A P.
Speaker 11: I won't say what that stands.
Speaker 1: For, but that's not her. That's Cardi B.
Speaker 11: Oh, that's how bad I am. That's Cardi B. Thank you, Sam, I stand.
Speaker 1: Correct real time correction in the I F B or the Ears because she said some of her songs are disgusting. Got that w AP. I won't even tell you what it stands for. But that's not the same person. That is not Nicki Minaj. Nicki Minaj is super bass, super bass? Oh Ana Coon didn't remember, but yes, Anaconda is superbass. Those are the only ones I know. I think. I don't know any other ones. Did it on them that one? I couldn't have named any of the truffle butter I don't know, but that sounds dirty.
Speaker 5: Uh, Wayne is ruining culinary things, you know, because they've made truffle butter into a dirty thing.
Speaker 1: And in the culinary world, a truffle butter is actually very expensive. Uh you know, tasty add on filthy. It's filthy when you get to a conversation like this. So yeah, I know her from super Bass, which was honestly a pretty good song. But I think she's kind of with Jonah Hill. No, No, what did I say super bad instead of super Bass? No, you said it right, I was doing the joke thing. Oh. Jonah Hill's movie was a classic too. But I think that Nicki Minaj is probably not like in the in the sphere of popular current performers, and I haven't followed much of what she's doing. But thank you for the email. Regardless tips of the News Junkie dot com. Thank you for saying that over. I got a lot more, but we'll have to hold out of these for a bit. Is another rundown on the way. We'll see what happened with the latest on that syringe situation. But most importantly, when we come back, who wants some mailbox money? I would like the mailbox money? This is good mailbox money for all involved. How do you get it? Wait till you hear this. I already actually submitted for this one. I'll tell you how you can. That's coming up next in the News Junkie. Lots of people joining us on the show. I'll get to a couple of dispatches, emails, etc. All that good stuff. I was giving the update on the Alex Pretty thing, who was the guy who was shot and killed by the Feds in Minneapolis, and the new video shows eleven days before his death that he was fighting with these officers. He was spitting at them, cursing at them, and then kicking the back of the suv, like knocking the tail light or whatever off of the back of the suv. I do not understand why when this kind of stuff comes out, there is the instant response, which is what, So that means it's okay to kill him, which is what the texting service engages had eavily in at the moment. I guess, And it's like this should be pretty simple, really, it should be. It should be like what happened. What happened was there was a guy who was in Minneapolis where these feds were was DHS and Border Security that were at this particular area. There was a skirmish that broke out. It ended with this guy dead, and then the only important question from there is did he deserve to die? Now? I don't think he did, and I think these officers were in the wrong to shoot him. But that's not enough for some people. You just have to engage in fantasy. It is a fantasy to suggest that he was just some peaceful dude who was sitting there, you know, kneeling and you know, with peace signs. No, he was there with an agenda. He wanted to stop these dudes. He thought he was like he was dedicated to the idea and using his free time to go out there and try to stop the Feds to do what he thought. I'm gonna guess he assumed was right. And in doing that, he was getting violent with these officers at some points in time. That doesn't negate anything, It doesn't excuse why these officers shot and killed him. It just adds a little bit of flavor to the conversation and information and details to it. And it negates a little bit of some of the arguments where it was like, well, you know, they just grabbed them and he wasn't you know, was there just to be a peaceful protester. I don't think that narrative was ever going to stand, but yeah, a lot of people react that way, So there you go. I think it just shows that this was more complicated than people thought. I think it could show that those officers may have known him from previous interactions. And that's why I thought they would never admit that. I couldn't see that. I mean, how how would you prove it without them going, yeah, we knew who that was. Well, what if they're in that video. If they're in that video and they're you know, interacting with this guy, he's wearing the same outfit. He's wearing like the same exact outfit, same beard, same everything. So my point was, if you could somehow prove that some of those officers were the same ones from previous encounters with this guy, and then you would go, hey, was the reason they were being so heavy handed to begin with was because they had built up aggression toward this guy. That would be something interesting to hear, I think, But you know, it's like you must one thousand percent agree otherwise I'm going to burn your house down. That's some of some of the reaction from the crazies today. Keep those coming. Tips at the news Junkie dot com, Tips at the newsjunkie dot com mailbox. Money, Let's go to something non divisive. Palette cleanser for you. If you if you have either had a vehicle with serious XM in it, or or serious XM has ever called you and pitched their services to you, you could be somebody who picks up some money from this big settlement that just paid out.
Speaker 3: I could get it just for having the vehicle. Well, they take your number.
Speaker 1: That's what I did. This is what I did. I'm gonnaell everybody else how to do it, because it's a twenty eight million dollar payout. And if they they called millions of people, if they just so happened to call your phone, you will get some money out of this payout. And let me see the actual website. I have to put this up on see it now, because it's they always make the stupid settlement websites like way more complicated than you need.
Speaker 5: To be, because that's when you get your your email that has the you know, the ID, the claim ID, which if you don't have that, that's a whole process as well.
Speaker 6: Very compy.
Speaker 1: This one's a little easier for that side of things, Sabrina. But it says XM SXM TCPA settlement. Oh, put up on cn now. I'll put it up on CNW. It's SERIOUSXM and it says a notice of twenty eight million dollars in a proposed class action settlement with SERIOUSXM. And the exclusion deadline is not till March twenty seven, so you have some time. If you submit a claim over on the website, it says did you get a notice in the mail or via email? Or if you didn't and I clicked didn't because I don't know if I saw it or missed it, But it doesn't matter. You just put in your information for me at auto filled it over on Google and then you put in your telephone number, and they check the telephone number with whatever list of numbers that they called that they weren't supposed to call. If you're not on it, what did you lose two seconds of your time? If you are on it, you will actually get a payment from them via zel Venmo, PayPal, you know whatever. They have lots of different types of ways you could do this. I did it yesterday when I was looking at this. It took me seriously, maybe six or eight seconds something. It did not Yeah, it did not take me very long. Different serious, but did not take me very long to do this, and I don't think it will for you either. Let me get a screenshot here so I can pop this up and see it now. Because the web address is not one that's going to stick with you, and that's sm S x MTCPA settlement dot com is the ename of the website, and that is not catch you for many reasons. Probably one is so less people go serious x M mail box money form. Okay, I'm putting it up right now.
Speaker 6: A lot of money?
Speaker 1: Did they did? They say how much money?
Speaker 3: Because you said the settlement is twenty eight million and that they called millions of people. Yes, so if they called one million people, is that what twenty eight bucks a person?
Speaker 1: Well, it also depends on how many people actually go to fill out this form. I don't think millions of people will do it well exactly.
Speaker 3: But also we have to take into account the attorney's fees, which could be up to could be a lot nine point three three three three three three point three three million dollars, like three hundred thirty three thousand, three hundred thirty three dollars and thirty three cents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this says a third of it. So yeah, about that much could just be yanked away immediately, still leaving those millions of dollars for whoever takes these steps and actually goes to the website. That's why we do mailbox money. Go check it out. I'm not complaining. I wanted to just get the monies. Go go fill it out, just for the heck of it. Over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Look at the see it now section, click the story about this satellite radio class action lawsuit, and go fishing for a little bit of money yourself. Should be easy enough to do. Go check it out over on the neewsjunkie dot com right now Okay, Oh, let's see a couple people emailing. Tim says, so, what is your point about the new video? So just be because those so called police officers or agents who are upset with him on other occasions, that gives them some room to be over zealous when confronting him. Nobody's saying he's some kind of peaceful, praying monk. WTF. Okay, I'm gonna address this one last time and then I'm moving on because sometimes I think it's people just hearing what they want to hear, or I'm being as clear as I can. I'll be a crystal clear. I mean to say that the video of him doing this could go two ways. It could go to show you that he was prone to get violent with these federal officers, which is kind of clear from the video. Or it could show you, hey, his interactions with these officers may have fueled their anger towards him. Right. If that's what fueled their anger towards him, it makes the case against them look worse, right, very clearly, if they had another reason to be aggressive, and which is why there were many officers around him, that would be worse for their case. So this could go in two different angles for them, for sure. None of this justifies that the man was killed. I don't know where you're getting that from. What you're arguing with your shadow. It's not anything that I am saying. It's simply something worth noting and adding to the conversation. And you're absolutely wrong about people saying that this guy was just a peaceful observer. That was one the taxed from the jump. And I said there were protesters, tens of thousands of them in Minnesota, specifically in the Minneapolis protesters. They were simply people taking to the streets in public areas with signs. They were marching along, they were saying whatever their piece was, that is one thing. That is what I would refer to as a protester or a peaceful protester or whatever you want. Then there was a group of people several thousand of them, following along in different chats on signal and other platforms, social media, etc. Et cetera. And they were spotting all of these different federal agents everywhere and going there to interfere and block them from what they were doing because they, I suppose, thought that was right. That's different. That is a different that is not part of one of the protests. To me, that's not a protest. To me, I don't even know if that's legal for them to be doing that, So to me, that's a totally different thing. It's not justification for somebody's death, and you should pick that up based on what I'm saying right now. But it's also not just a peaceful observer. Those two things are different anyhow. Past that, if you have more feedback, I'll read it, but I'm tired of arguing against things that I'm not saying. We will get to more of your dispatches coming in. I've got to get to I think we'll do this at the top of the hour. The story that has been emailed to me a shocking amount of times, I would say this morning and even yesterday about this guy and his wife. This guy and his wife got caught up in some very very sexual things, and the guy in particular seems to be quite strange. I've got the police information about what this dude did in front of some onlooker, and it's a lot weird. It's not even a little bit weird. It's a lot weird. But those details are coming up next. I'm the news junkie, all right, we'll get to some feedback dispatches all of that good stuff momentarily. But I did want to work in something that was sent over a strange amount of times. People were really into this story, even though this is like a pretty filthy little story. You guys got your eyes on alcohol. But come on, it's titilating, fantastic it is. It is very bizarre. It is a bit titillating, I will agree. And it's about a guy named Kevin Westerhold, fifty one years old. He stands accused of doing some very strange things. This is a peak at mister Westerhold here for those of you watching on YouTube. And he finds himself in some trouble. Yeah, apparently he was doing some pretty strange things, all right, And he was with his wife at some Airbnb and and things just got real weird. So I'll give you some of the details first and review for this.
Speaker 5: I do you think he shows that Airbnb in particular for the amenities?
Speaker 1: Did the device in question belong with the Airbnb? Well, we need to get to these details real quick. Here we go. Let's see from News six this says and Ovito, Florida man was arrested this week after he was caught engaging in a quote sexual performance. All right, don't don't hate me for what follows. This is just the news engaging in a performance with a vacuum cleaner. These stories, says released w say they responded to Grass and Street in Kassimi, Florida, after having reports of a man exposing his sexual organs in front of a residence. The victims observed this behavior, and they provided a statement and a cell phone recording of a male cloth in front of a residence engaged in activities with a vacuum cleaner. This guy was now when they arrived, he had left the scene. I guess He and his wife were listed as the hosts of an Airbnb and a home in the Windsor Hills resort area. They suggested apparently a complaint had been reported just the day before about a guy who had been walking around in a shared hallway space nude. Investigators revealed video of that incident was captured on a ring camera and was given to the police. It didn't stop there, though, The investigating deputy canvassed the area and spoke with other residents that provided statements of similar behavior by the same suspect. The incidents were reported to the homeowners Asociation. Back in December, more video was provided to the deputy of similar incidents of the suspect appearing either partially closed or nude in the hallway of the residence. So he's walking around this building, in this shared hallway, just flopping around naked and sometimes maybe even doing more than that. And they finally got a warrant for the guy in arrested.
Speaker 5: He's walking around. So that's a battery power, that's a cordless vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they say more about the actual vacuum cleaner activity. All right, here, here's here's from the police. I would question your your question. All right, this says this is the official vacuum cleaner. I want as in, what model is this vacuum cleaner? Is it on Amazon?
Speaker 6: I don't think it's.
Speaker 1: This is from the sheriff, So this is like official sheriff's documentation. I'm not trying to just titillate people. I'm reading it from the sheriff's documentation. The victims observed his behavior and provided a statement and a cell phone recording of a male partially clothed in front of a residence engaged in a sexual performance with a vacuum cleaner. Now, it doesn't say where the vacuum cleaner was plugged in, doesn't say handheld or central vac. It doesn't say any more about it than that that there was a vacuum cleaner. Yeah, and I wouldn't think I'm just gonna guess here. I wouldn't think it would be a dyce in because the one I have. I don't even know if you'll be able to do that. Obviously.
Speaker 6: I don't have the.
Speaker 1: Extension. Mine's like a mine's the floor diceon thing. Oh, it does have a tube extension. It does. It does have a tube extension on it. You could put that one on it if you wanted to. I guess I have to tell you. I don't know how you would do this and not be incredibly worried about the damage that it was going to do to your body the vacuum. I think people that do these kinds of things.
Speaker 6: Don't, Oh, you don't press the max bot.
Speaker 1: They don't think that far ahead. I only have one button. I don't have a MAX button.
Speaker 5: I just have thank you vacuum that I do. There's a MAX button on the on the dicon.
Speaker 1: I ually the studio. I'm the one that does it. I'm the person who vacuums around here. I'm the one who vacuums the.
Speaker 6: Have you considered banging?
Speaker 1: I have not. It seems like a violent machine when you hit the button.
Speaker 3: Now, I have a question that I just I can't bring myself to ask Moses, So I'll just put it here and we'll just leave it here. The charges exposure of sexual organs. However, if you were fully.
Speaker 5: Immersed vacuumed, that doesn't include all of it.
Speaker 1: I mean, just hypothetically. I understood, I understand you. You may be giving this guy more credit than he deserves. You know, the whole kit, and kau might fit up in this thing. It might be.
Speaker 5: Now, actually, who were we to assume that's where he had the vacuum?
Speaker 1: Where else would he have? Oh? Oh, could you do another angle on your body?
Speaker 5: The vacuums where things are exposed, and then the vacuums were the sun don't shot.
Speaker 3: Maybe it wasn't sexual, Maybe he was trying to relieve some constipation.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are suggesting it could have been a shop back. Folks, we don't need to get ask you. First, we know that the guy is in custody right now, and he was doing a lot of creepy, weird stuff, and he was wandering around naked in all these shared areas, which seems like predatory behavior to say the least. If you're walking around a shared hallway naked and exposing yourself, you know why you're doing that. You're doing that so that eventually somebody encounters you and you're like, you're excited about that, and maybe you're going to go further.
Speaker 5: I mean, the balls guess to have an airbnb, there's a lot of rules that come along with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is your livelihood.
Speaker 5: You're you know, you don't have any income anymore, and you have question.
Speaker 1: Because I was a little confused by this, they said the wife and the guy who did this were airbnb hosts. That means I would just guess that they are the owners of a place, not the people renting out. We guests and host right like hosts of the people who owned the place. Yeah, guests are the people who are like renting an airbnb. So yeah, I would think that would negatively impact you. Probably the whole neighborhood is aware. I want to see that review page saying we know that there's videos. We know that there are videos of this gentleman and whatever he was doing.
Speaker 6: How do you try to get your money back from Airbnb.
Speaker 1: Uh, you've got a good case. If you start talking about the details of this particular incident, I think they'll say, Hey, we just want to wash our hands of this. We don't want to be attached to this vacuum guy in the news at all. We we don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: But still, I mean, if you you know, if you were all in, is it really exposure?
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean we we don't know what happened, just the vacuum occasion. No, we can't ask more about this. It's it's already too weird when he comes in each week and we hit him with the questions. Selan was right to anticipate that this one would be even a little further un just out of bounds. It's just it's out of right. It was a little further. Yet I don't know how far it was because they weren't they didn't stipulate on the report. Here, I want to present one more thing to you, just an absolutely bizarre moment. I'll put this up on see it now and then we'll get some of your feedback here, especially about the weather because it is a frosty one for the United States of America. There was a woman This is real, not AI right for those of you watching on YouTube, and for everybody else check it out on see it now. This reporter in in San Francisco was on the streets and she was doing a report about a mountain lion that had been spotted in San Francisco, like around downtown, which is you know, obviously this is a pretty rare occurrence, but they saw a mountain lion wandering around downtown San Francisco. The reporter goes out there. Watch this if you guys spot what was of interest during her report, and then I'll explain it for everybody else. It's ABC seven.
Speaker 4: Is good news, meaning he is healthy enough, doesn't need any more assessment.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 4: They won't say exactly where he'll be released, but you tell us he'll remain in coyote all right.
Speaker 1: In the background of her report, a coyote just nonchalantly walks by this woman doing a report about a mountain lion. It almost like it's using the crosswalk.
Speaker 5: It is, or stalking that person who does not know a coyote is following them.
Speaker 1: But that's definitely coyote, right, That's not just some maiji dog or something. When I see it, I think there's a coyote in the middle of this woman's shot as she's doing a report about another piece of wild I have another type of animal. The cameraman just had the widest eyes. But the thing is, she didn't even say anything. I didn't know, Yeah, she didn't. She didn't even see what was happening. She doesn't even actually respond to it.
Speaker 4: She's like, he is healthy enough, doesn't need any more assessment.
Speaker 1: The person walks across the crosswalk coyote region.
Speaker 4: In San Francisco tonight on Francis One ABC seven camera.
Speaker 1: I bet it's her by herself. It might be it might be just her by herself. So she never even saw it because the cameraman would have like, is there any way? The cameraman would not have immediately swung the camera following the coyote that was stringing up behind this lady.
Speaker 6: Great camera work.
Speaker 5: Now she has to go back the following day saying there's a coyote on the lease at this exact street corner and a.
Speaker 1: Mountain Lion every day an escalation. Let's see here Mountain Lion Coyote report. There it is for you over on the website. Check it out. This is where we can knock down the visuals and make it till everybody can see what's going on. And I'm putting that up over on the see it Now section. That's in the menu right there on the website at thenewsjunkie dot com. There it is for you. Go check it out when you can. While you're there, let us know what's on your mind. You got thoughts about things. I'm sure you're an opinionated bunch. You can let me know what you think. Video or audio dispatches fire one off, send it over to thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, uh, quick email about the cold tips to thenewsjunkie dot com. This person, Jacob says, good morning, junkies, Good morning, good afternoon. We'll take whatever. Good night. I like a lot of your listeners, I'm sure am a Florida native. Yeah, a lot of the listeners are at Florida, not all of them. We have people listening in a lot of other places too, but many many of you are from Florida. And this says, I, like a lot of your listeners, and a Florida Native and have never had to do any kind of cold preparation. As for native, a lot of Floridians I've found are not native Floridian. I'm born and Flora I certainly wasn't. I'm a faker. I live in Marion County where they are saying we could get possible snow in my area, says Jacob, Are you guys aware of anything you should do to your home to prepare for this cold? Even if you guys don't know, I would love to hear tips from your wide range of listeners. I love the show and I've been listening since I was in the front seat of my dad's S ten as a kindergartener. Oh my god, I'm believing. Oh y at that point, Oh we at that point in this show where they were in kindergarten and now they're.
Speaker 6: As a homeowner.
Speaker 1: Damn well, Jesus, wait a second. He's been listening to this show, he says, I was listening on the front seat of my dad's S ten as a kindergartener. That's when he started listening to the show. Maximum eighteen, He says, and now I have my my daughter following in the tradition of learning about the three best friends. She never knew she had. Keep up the great work. Wiggle wiggle, pop pop, says Jacob. So I will take what you're saying to the show, Jacob and pass it along, because if you folks have any tips, if there's anything that people should know what they should do to prepare their house. I know I heard some interesting things about preparing your pool. I have a pool and I was very unaware of this. I'll take clarification on that too. If we've got some information maybe that you can help spread. That would help people out because for many of us, I know we sound like whiners, but it's going to get down colder than it has in a very very long time, like into the twenties, into freezing territory. So what do you do with the plants? Which plants do you cover? Do you bring them inside your pool? What do you do with that? What do you do with your house? What can you do to prepare for all of this? Please do chime in and I'll spread the word along just like that to you are emailer one more. This is Chase emailing the show, Hello News junkie crew. I hope you're keeping warm. A lot of my family in Buffalo, New York, and my cousin sent me this. A lot of my family is in Buffalo, New York. My cousin sent me this to measure how much snowfall they have. Thought you'd appreciate this as much as I did. He says, it's a new way to measure snow. Let me bring up. It's hot dogs. They go outside, I guess, with hot dogs, and you can measure the amount of snow that has built up by dogs.
Speaker 3: Important question though, are we can only see three dogs?
Speaker 1: Is there a fourth down here underneath? Is there a bass dog? And are the hot dogs simply sticking to each other because it's so cold that they're frozen? Link maybe like a toothpick, because it's a staff of three hot dogs that is showing people, the viewers, and it's honestly very useful. Wall just take a glance out and I could be like, well, it's nearly two hot dogs deep outside in the snow. I hadn't seen that before, So thank you for sending that across Chase. I appreciate it. Buzz on YouTube says Sean, your pool will not freeze. But if you have a variable speed pool pump, I do, you can run it on low speed overnight. See that's what I had heard. Or if you have a heat pump, you might as well just run that turn off any solar heat, says Buzz. Thank you for the information, Buzz, that's appreciated. What if you don't have a variable speed. What if you just have one speed? Oh, then what do you do? Do you just keep it on? I have at the high speed. Will we'll get feedback on all of this stuff, because I think there are a lot of people who listen to the show who are trying to wonder how to be prepared for this upcoming weekend. So the least we can do amidst the chaos, the fireballs, all the controversial stuff going on is bring people together on that front. I certainly hope we could do that.
Speaker 3: I need that pool answer because I literally have somebody on their way to my house right now to do leak detection, and that's whatever they tell me at the end of this process is probably gonna cost me a lot of money. So I would like to not make that situation any worse.
Speaker 1: True, I don't blame you, all right, we'll take more feedback on this, the preparation side of things when we come back before too long. We're going to get geared up for the next episode. We got Fritz on the street on the way out. As I said, I got another rundown. I got new information about the syringe gate incident, the spraying of that mystery liquid that we looked into yesterday, some interesting new information and a whole lot more on a busy Thursday, and that is coming up next on the News Junkie. I know that the super Bowl is coming up, not this weekend. First we freeze out, then we get the super Bowl, right, So you got the super Bowl coming up the next weekend and it'll be Super Bowl Sunday, the Big Game. All of that stuff. Just people excited across the board, I'm sure. But I have a question for everybody. And this was brought up by one of the most popular posts online today that I've seen is people discussing and this is obviously a topic that would bring out this stuff. The super Bowl performance of all time, and then they dive in and they all fight about you know, it was this one. It was Kendrick Lamar was everybody has, you know, the one that they thought was the worst when Shakiro went or whatever was your lowest moment for the Super Bowl halftime show. Well, what came to my mind was animal dance nipples. What happened to all the alternatives? Weren't there literally people saying, we're going to book another band, We're gonna have something where if people aren't interested in seeing Bad Bunny, Kin Rock and Creed, super Bowl.
Speaker 6: America Fest or something.
Speaker 1: None of those happened, not not a single one. Because I was I was informed by multiple sources and multiple stories that because people were saying that they didn't care about seeing Bad Bunny and Espanol for the Super Bowl halftime show, that there would be something to pull the audience in another direction outside of like the Puppy Bowl or other counter programming type things that you see. And I don't see any of it anymore. I don't know if they just didn't want to do it, or if it fell apart, or if anyone expensive I haven't seen. I mean, I've seen people saying online like, wasn't Creed supposed to play? Isn't there going to be a you know, a counter programming super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 5: A form had gone out right a questionnaire there was like, do you want to see Christian music, R and B country something like that.
Speaker 6: People answered it though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that no, there was. At the time, they were trying to think, what's the best thing money wise for us to do here. How can we utilize this to counter program perfectly to the audience on our demographics. I think there are a lot of people who would be willing to tune elsewhere if there was some competing thing. We went back to the one time when there actually was major counter programming to the Super Bowl when in Living Color, the Sketch Show at the time that which was trying to compete with Saturday Night Live and stuff, they threw a counter programming event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that was when the halftime show sucked, and that's when the halftime show is still just like little marching bands and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's what pushed them, That's what pushed them to make the halftime show a big spectacle and stuff.
Speaker 3: But there's there would be absolutely no none of that.
Speaker 1: It never would have happened. Jlo wouldn't have been there to witness it. There wouldn't have been a left shark or right shark forgot about left. So I think all of this talk, all of this conversation about there being something else to tune into, which I legitimately would consider if there was like another lineup that I thought was better, I'd go, let's change it to that, let's watch that, and then let's change it back. I'll talk. And I don't believe that anybody's actually doing it unless I'm missing something. As always, maybe I'm wrong, let me know, correct me. If there is somebody actually doing this tips of the Newsjunkie dot Com, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think they are. I think everybody gave up on it, which is unfortunate. I mean, I can't imagine they would have decided that it wasn't worth.
Speaker 1: The money unless they said, well, if we had Creed, people would tune in, and then Creed goes, we want seven million dollars.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, Like if you did a counter programming Super Bowl halftime show and you needed to make it profitable, like aside from just wasting your money to prove a point and go, people didn't really want to see bad Bunny. We're putting Creed up here. You can't really have a lot of commercials. If you want to maximize your your time here, so it would need you would need to pay for this purely in product placement. I'm talking like Creed drinking Coca Colas with Nikes on with the Fender guitars.
Speaker 1: You could see a shirt just sewed top to bottom with logo and.
Speaker 3: The polymarket monkey is just you know, dancing on the you know, like the like that guy from Mighty Mighty Boss Stones.
Speaker 1: Just the whole time, every nefarious internet casino has sponsored this day. Maxed you have money, maxed, You're I think that they have shut this down.
Speaker 3: And some of the some of the people I think who would put put up the biggest numbers either already are putting money towards the Super Bowl. I mean like even the brands that I just mentioned likely have Super Bowl lads, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, and I'd be.
Speaker 3: Curious if the NFL was like, hey, we're going to prove the Super Bowl ad, but you can't run any counter programming advertising.
Speaker 1: I really am curious about that. And by the way, when I said they shut this guy shut down or whatever, I don't mean like the football NFL strong men came over and told them to shut it down. It just seems like the people who are hyping this up and they're trying to sing the mission of the National Football League, it seems like they just quit. They didn't do it, they didn't go through with it, and I want to know why, because the weirdest thing is this. A lot of you might think maybe you're thinking about the super Bowl coming up and you're thinking about the halftime show. Maybe some percentage of you are like, I'm excited to see Bad Bunny. I want to see it. That's cool, Okay, great, there's you. Then there's other people who are like, I don't care about this. I wish they would have picked somebody else. And you know what, honestly, I want to send a message. I want to send a message to the NFL that we will tune into something else if it's out there, or will tune away from your halftime show, which would put some market pressure on the super Bowl to try to please other demographics, right to go out for people other than young folks, which is what they always are programming for with this halftime show. They want to get the young folks to watch the game who otherwise wouldn't. So you can't really do that because you might say, all right, well, when I'm watching on my television, what I'm going to do is I'm going to turn it off. When the super Bowl halftime show comes on and mister Bunny pops out, I'm going to turn off my television. And there's news for you. This is not how it works. They don't know who you are watching and not watching on your television. The way this works is similar to how radio works. I can only tell you so much about this, but basically, there are certain listeners or viewers who are being tracked, and if they stopped watching the super Bowl during the halftime show, it would have an impact because they're monitoring what they're watching. But if you're Uncle Remus who's watching the super Bowl, doesn't want to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know the catfish are huge.
Speaker 1: They don't know if Uncle Remus stops watching the game or not. They're not monitoring it. They can't tell who's watching other shows. For those ratings. I think there were streaming.
Speaker 3: Here be numbers for streaming for sure, Yes, if you watched on a streaming platform, if you go over wherever they're streaming this.
Speaker 1: Last year it was streaming on tub am I crazy? Was it?
Speaker 12: Joe?
Speaker 1: I almost said Fubo, but wasn't. It was one of the free platforms. Yeah, that would be the super Bowl on one of the ubi's or UBOs that was streaming the super Bowl. I think it was tub one of the ubs. And if you're watching a stream like that, they will be able to see a data connection from you and your house and they will see that the Super Bowl halftime show came on and then you did not watch it, and then it will show that you came back. They would be able to see that. But otherwise they're not going to notice your protest, and you can't go anywhere else to give them a bump in the ratings because nobody else is doing anything other than the Puppy Bowl, and you know, that's not as exciting as i'd hope.
Speaker 3: They had this article on Rolling Stone two years ago post Super Bowl, I would guess because it.
Speaker 1: Said February twelfth or so. It was after the Super Bowl for that year, and it was every Super Bowl halftime show ranked from worse to best. They had thirty seven entries and that was what was absolute worse.
Speaker 3: Weirdly enough, number thirty six, the second worst was everything from nineteen sixty seven to nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Fair yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Said before the nineteen ninety Super Bowl, Hanchos had no idea they could turn the halftime show no part of an event, and that was sort of what we talked about. How when the living color thing happened, they said, we need to make this better so we can keep eyes on our station on the TV, on the NFL presentation. So number thirty six everything from nineteen sixty seven to nineteen eighty nine, Number thirty seven, black Eyed Peace, it hurt. They basically said that the Black Eyed Peas were worse than every mundane marching bands.
Speaker 6: Fergie must feel like crap.
Speaker 5: She's also, I believe, top three worst national anthems.
Speaker 1: Of all time. That what she deserved. That's one of.
Speaker 6: My favorite performances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't do well there, but that's rutal. The weird thing is you can't really protest unless you are one of the household. That his household is actually measured, and then there's not anything else to tune into unless I'm missing out on that. Maybe you know more about this than there is somebody doing something. I don't think there is set a dispatch over at the Newsjunkie dot com. When we come back, we will get to the next episode with Sabrina. That's followed up by Fritz on the Street. What's coming up on the next episode?
Speaker 5: What's coming on the next epiode? Nielsen just released their year end streaming numbers, and I feel so vindicata.
Speaker 6: In news that seems out of nowhere.
Speaker 5: TMZ claims they've got the proof that Bill Cosby got prescribed the ZIP, but he zops for this sleepy drink and dry plus Rob Schneider be like, it's me divorce papers.
Speaker 6: All that so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next on the News Chunkie. Right now, the time has arrived. Let's jump in head first, Let's do the next episode, because there's a lot.
Speaker 13: On TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about?
Speaker 1: All the single lates, nothing nice.
Speaker 13: It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Hey, hold up.
Speaker 5: The next episode brought to you by that mortgage going on the More guy Don dot com and Home Loans radio show. You know, those big life decisions like refinancing or buying your first dream home. Maybe you want some cash back in your hands. You could qualify for a reverse mortgage or he locks or words that I have.
Speaker 6: No idea what they mean, but fortunately Don does. He's very smart.
Speaker 5: He's an expert, but he's also really great to work with, and he made the process easy. So start said process by going to that mortgage guy Don dot com.
Speaker 1: Do miss the vooc mortgage guy Don dot com.
Speaker 6: Fritz Deopher, how are you?
Speaker 5: He says, Hi, guys, it was fifty three years ago, nineteen seventy three, this group right, here's sure, this guess is right? And it was on this day in nineteen seventy three that they played the very first concert. It was at a place called the Popcorn Club and they earn how much money popcorn clubs? This was nineteen seventy three. It was their first concert ever as.
Speaker 1: Kiss five dollars that twenty bucks dad person.
Speaker 5: You guys yinged and yanged or it was fifty dollars for all of them, So I guess ten dollars each. No, there's only four of them. I don't know the math. I do know that there was less than ten people there, so pretty good payday, right, and look where they are now on their final Final Final tour.
Speaker 6: And one died last year, right yep?
Speaker 1: I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now let's go to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: Speaking of last year, Nielsen has released their year end streaming numbers, and as expected, you know, I got number one Stranger Things. Yea psych it was not they said it was a monster, but not the monster. People streamed forty billion minutes of Stranger Things. But that was only good for third place if you have young children. Guess what came in first? It was Pumping a Homie Blue?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get it. I don't Stranger Things doesn't have as many episodes as some of those other things. I don't think.
Speaker 5: No, No, Bluie. Is that a new episode every day?
Speaker 6: Do you Blue?
Speaker 1: Sometimes?
Speaker 6: It was forty five billion minutes of Bluie.
Speaker 1: It's a lot jeeze, a lot of Blue yea.
Speaker 5: And coming in at second with almost forty one billion minutes raising at any bitch?
Speaker 1: Oh really interesting.
Speaker 5: Look what's still on the charts pretty much thanks to me and Ashley Cee Lane's wife that I'm proud of it and I will go on.
Speaker 6: To see the next season.
Speaker 5: Rounding out the top five NCIS with thirty seven billion minutes and SpongeBob SquarePants thirty four point four billion.
Speaker 6: As for movies, Kate Pop.
Speaker 5: Demon Hunters was the runaway favorite people watch more than twenty point five billion minutes. Nielsen split movies into two categories, kids and general interests, so Kate Pop number one with the kids on A two and Despicable Me for as far as general interests, Happy Gilmore Too was at the top of the list with seven billion minutes, Wicked six point eight billion, and Jamie foxx slash Cameron Diaz Spy comedy Back in Act.
Speaker 1: Oh Wow, which was awful.
Speaker 6: I watched about four minutes.
Speaker 1: I was fine. It was fine. I watched the whole thing. It was fun.
Speaker 5: I would love to watch this, but well, okay, let me. I would like to watch the divorce Court of it all, not Denise Richard's only Fans. According to the latest to come out of the nasty divorce between her and Aaron Fighters, he wants to get his dirty hands on her hard earned only fans money, and she says.
Speaker 1: Judge do not howbuts.
Speaker 5: So she's begging to Judge to deny Aaron's request for half of the two hundred to three hundred thousand dollars that she's making every.
Speaker 1: Month, every month. That's that's pretty good.
Speaker 6: One that she's doing with her daughter.
Speaker 1: No, I think her daughter has an only fans, but I don't think they do it together. I don't think. I don't think she's naked on it though. No, well, still doing kidding me. She's not naked and they're paying two hundred thousand dollars a month to some vibes. You could see your boobs. Also another one let me find out. Okay, guys, I'll do the work.
Speaker 5: I guess it should be denied at least according to Denise, because he failed to found updated income and expense declaration with the court.
Speaker 6: Duh.
Speaker 5: She says, Aaron missed the Friday deadline, hasn't filed anything as of Tuesday. And this is a very nasty divorce that should be ripe for Real Housewives when it is going to be featured on there.
Speaker 6: I don't think she's on it.
Speaker 5: Also in divorce court, Rob Schneider found himself in.
Speaker 6: Possession of divorce.
Speaker 5: Papers, all brought by his TV producer wife Patria is canceling their marriage and according to reports, Patricia Schneider the Mexican actress and producer b lined it to court last month in Arizona, filed to divorce Rob after fifteen years of marriage. They have two young daughters together, one of which I thought there was like a weird Rob Schneider daughter thing where she I guess it's an older one from a different marriage.
Speaker 1: Well, one of his daughters is a star.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, oh that's right, So that's this makes sense.
Speaker 6: It's his third divorce.
Speaker 5: The other daughter, el King, from his previous marriage, though Elle has made it no secret that she don't like Herdie.
Speaker 1: She's pretty hot. He outkicked his coverage for sure. Patricia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Patricia's a very beautiful lady, and I guess we'll be single soon. Time to be a flying when you're having fun. So let's just wrap it up with this. We have out of nowhere, or correct me if I've missed something. Why is Bill Cosby in the news again?
Speaker 6: TMZ.
Speaker 5: They have seen legal documents in which Cosby says exactly what that he had his hands on kayludes for the purpose of drugging women so he could have sex with them under oath. He allegedly admitted he got a prescription for kayludes from an obgyn during a poker game at his house.
Speaker 3: All in huh, I didn't know they prescribed coludes that often.
Speaker 5: I guess if it's in a poker game and at his house at some point before nineteen seventy two, refilled it seven times and he never took any of the pills himself. So Mott Singer and Donna Mott Singer is one of his rape accusers, claim Cosby drugged and raped her in nineteen seventy two, that obgo N had his license revoked in nineteen seventy nine. Cosby is trying to get the lawsuit dwrapped.
Speaker 1: On the Boom Doobe.
Speaker 5: We got fIF season premiere of Next Level Chef Scrabble on the CW. You can catch four season premiere of Ridgardton, episode four of The Pitt and Liam Neeson going to be with his Special Skills on Follon Follow your Dreams of Me on Instagram. That's Sabrina Ambro Most importantly, they with.
Speaker 1: Me smokeyed every day. Thank you Sabrina when we return. Oh, by the way, I.
Speaker 3: Am not seeing much nudity on Denise Richards. He's trying only fans. There's like a wet T shirt.
Speaker 1: One like one wet T shirt right there. Yeah, but do you see a lot of skin in from here? I can't, but I just see that you're diligently doing the work.
Speaker 14: I am.
Speaker 1: We thank you hey real quick before we gear up for Fritz on the Street here. You know what I saw is coming back to TV. I did not think they'd give this a shot. This was more surprising to me, certainly than any Ted Lasso return that we talked about yesterday. The is it called the Jury or the Jury with.
Speaker 6: The everyone was in on it?
Speaker 1: But yeah, the reality show.
Speaker 3: You think it would be harder to do this unless they're doing a different scenario.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, was it called the jur I think that's no. Yeah, it was the Juror TV show. There's whole been a bunch of them, I guess. But americson Hope, Yeah, American hoax sitcom series a fake jury trial. Yeah, it was this is It and it had James Marsden playing himself in it. And now they've just announced that they're bringing this back for a second season, which, yeah, there's no way they can use the same celebrity and that's not upload. But you use it.
Speaker 3: Would nobody be a little bit skeptical if they got jury duty, got on a jury and they were filming it, and you would just have to not know that they did this show.
Speaker 1: Before it a long time ago. It would be funny if they use James Marsden again and he's like, I know this is totally weird, but like, obviously they wouldn't do this twice. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Last time I had jury duty was fake. This time I really got called and I have to do this. But they happen to be filming it again.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. I don't know who's going to be at the helmet that. But if you're on jury duty, keep your eyes open. Maybe you're on a television show you don't even know it. We'll see, all right, we're gonna take a quick break when we come back. Fritz on the Street. In Fritz on the Street, we represent you. If we win, you win. If we pick you to represent and we win, you win. And now is the time for you to get our attention over on chat or email or Instagram. So we'll see if you can do that. When we come back, we'll get geared up for Fritz on the Street. That's coming up next in the News junk Key. Before Fritz on the Street, let me remind you you could take part in this show. You might hear a lot of things flying around on the air, you might hear a lot of discussion happening, but your word is important to so record a dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com. If it's interesting, I'll try to play it back. Emails tips t ips at the news Junkie dot com. With that said, buckle up, let's go. Let's do Fritz on the Streets.
Speaker 15: Now time for the Hello Sabrina, Hello Celia, and Hello Sean.
Speaker 1: Hey Fritz, how are you?
Speaker 15: Fritz on the Street sponsored by that Mortgage Guy Done. There's let's see going on nine years. I've known that mortgage Guy Don, and he is a great guy. I feel like I've known him for decades. He helped me and my wife, Darcy, you get a house in twenty twenty two, and he's helped since then six of my friends buy houses. You can also follow him on Instagram at that Mortgage Guy Don see all of the great content, and of course, listen to Home Loans Radio each Saturday with that Mortgage Guy Don MJ and myself Fritz, So thank you very much. That mortgage guy Don and Happy Home Mortgage. In first place with ten points, we have Sabrina Ambra. In second place with nine points, we have Christopher Lane and in third place with eight points, we have Sean Watson. Now, Fritz on the Street is a game where I go to the bar so you don't have to. I ask eight participants at least four current event questions and four general knowledge trivia questions. Your job is to chime in for that bonus point, and then guests out of eight answers, how many got it right?
Speaker 1: Easy? Peasy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so?
Speaker 15: Maybe Where where were these folks at that you were asking these questions?
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking.
Speaker 15: I was at Kavost Bar in Kitchen Tuesday night for my trivia night and it was cold as hell. So I had six participants and then I got two friends to China and yesterday, Okay, it has.
Speaker 1: Been unbelievably cold, so it's understandable. But these folks had a couple of drinks in them. I'm imagining cold. Okay, we've got a factor these in. I think we're good and who are we playing for? Oh? That's a good question. I'm playing for Mike henry Over on YouTube. If I win, you win, Mike Henry Over on YouTube. God speed to you. What about you?
Speaker 5: Sabrina zephyis biker on YouTube as well.
Speaker 1: Right biker on YouTube, Sea Light, I am playing for the steph Apee who had a very funny doodle of me on Monday. Oh that's nice, Okay the Stepopee. All right, there we go. We're set fritz on you, all right, without further ado.
Speaker 15: Question number one, Let's see who knows that following another ice shooting.
Speaker 1: Protests erupt Minnesota.
Speaker 5: That's incorrect, Sona, Sabrina and Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: That's incorrect. I'd like to hear the whole question, please.
Speaker 15: A man following another ice shooting protests erupted in Minnesota after the murder of whom pretty Pretty is correct? Sea Lane's picked up that point, Sea Lane. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Alex pretty ooh?
Speaker 1: Are people going to remember the name? It should? I'm gonna go seven seven. That's a tough one because I think almost everybody would know Minnesota at least, and then less would know the city. But I got to say four four for Sewan, I will go.
Speaker 15: Seven and seven for Sabrina question number one, with answers of four and seven. Following another ice shooting, protests erupted in Minnesota after the murder of whom pretty Alex, Alex, Pretty.
Speaker 1: Alex, Pretty, Alex, Pretty, Alex, Pretty, Alex, Pretty.
Speaker 16: Alex Pretty Alex Pretty?
Speaker 12: Eight?
Speaker 15: So Sabrina and Sea Lane with guesses of seven each picking up one point.
Speaker 1: Damn, I wonder very quickly, they said. At one point, I brought forward the stat on the show that eighty five percent of Americans had seen the renee Good video. This could be up. The fact that, yeah, like it really could be up. This like the video went so viral that I guess that many people know, but I didn't know they'd get the name as well.
Speaker 15: There you go, right, Yeah, there was one guy who said, Mike pretty and I I you can hear me say, Alex, just just give me Alex pretty.
Speaker 1: Last time you got pretty? Question two?
Speaker 15: Now, what is the point scored immediately after deuce and tennis?
Speaker 1: Right up, Sabrino love, That is incorrect.
Speaker 3: A point immediately after deuce, sehnm.
Speaker 1: Point after deuce is set that is incorrect. Uh, ceiling match that would be advantage or add in. Yeah, damn.
Speaker 15: Not a lot of people knew a lot of about tennis. That's why I asked that question. See Lane, you got question one right. How many out of eight do you think said advantage?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 15: Two, one, one for Sabrina, three and three for Shawn? Question two With answers of one, two, and three, let's see who knows their tennis? What is the point sport immediately after deuce in tennis.
Speaker 17: Advantage, I don't know, advantage, advantage, loved.
Speaker 1: In add out advantage, trace advantage nicely done, well, five nerds.
Speaker 6: Back to your I can't.
Speaker 1: Moving to question numero trace.
Speaker 15: As gangs are recruiting more children, which European country is proposing lowering the age of criminal responsibility to thirteen?
Speaker 1: S Sean? Suremany is incorrect? Oh my god, one more time?
Speaker 15: As gangs are recruiting more children, Which European country is proposing lowering the age of criminal responsibility to thirteen?
Speaker 1: Seilan United Kingdom is incorrect?
Speaker 6: Sabrina, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: That would be Sweden. Sweden.
Speaker 15: Ah, you got questions? You get question one right. We will start with you. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Sweden.
Speaker 17: Uh one, one, three, four, Sabrina two and two four Shawn question three with answers of one, two and three.
Speaker 1: Ding ding Ding ding Ding, dang. Someone knows they're gangs. As gangs are recruiting more children.
Speaker 15: Which European country is proposing lowering the age of criminal responsibility to thirteen?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 15: Okay, so I was completely offline this week, Switzerland.
Speaker 1: Gangs in the European country. I'm going with Russia.
Speaker 16: Germany, Sweden, France, Italy, Syria, Sweden.
Speaker 1: Damn, that would be two.
Speaker 15: So Sean is picking up two points yes, and Sabrina and Sea Land with your guesses of three and one each picking up one point moving on out of question number four. That is the halfway point on for it's on the street. After question four, I will tell you who so far is leading on the day. In question four goes like this, Let's see if you guys know your constitution, how many amendments are there? Ceilan ten? That isn't correct, Oh, Sean, Sean thirty thirty, that is incorrect. I'll take the full full question. How many amendments are there in the US Constitution?
Speaker 1: Okay, hey, yay, yeah, yeah, No, schoolhouse Rock.
Speaker 6: There are thirty seven amendments.
Speaker 1: That would be twenty seven? Would I guess twenty eight? Celan, I would have given you one point. Celane, you got question one right.
Speaker 15: We will start with you out of eight answers, how many do you think said twenty seven amendments?
Speaker 1: Oh, let's go with three.
Speaker 15: Three, five, five for Sabrina, four and.
Speaker 1: Four for Sean.
Speaker 15: Question four with answers of three, four and five, let's see how many Rhodes scholars we have. How many amendments are there in the US Constitution.
Speaker 16: Twenty one, twenty five, twenty eight damn you er yeah, twenty two, twenty seven, twenty seven, twenty come on.
Speaker 1: Two too many? That would be two.
Speaker 15: So Selane with a guess of three, picking up one point, and that means with four down and four remaining in first place with four points Sealane slash the Stephane pee the Stephi pee, and then we have a tip for second and third two points each. Sabrina slash zepphis biker, and Sean slash Mike Henry.
Speaker 1: Four questions remaining.
Speaker 15: Question five at least twenty eight or dead, after which major winter storm streaked across the Sabrina.
Speaker 5: Oh, no, I don't know I had a name.
Speaker 17: It's a.
Speaker 5: Winter storm, Sarah.
Speaker 1: That is incorrect, Sean, Sean, Oh, I think it's like Fanny or something that is incorrect.
Speaker 18: Oh, it's Sea Lane, Seilane, Flora, Fern.
Speaker 1: Ah. I know it's a tough one Sea Lane. Yes.
Speaker 15: Question one, right, we will continue with you. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Fern.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go three again.
Speaker 15: Three, four, four for Sean and two for Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Question five with answers of two, three and four, ding ding Ding, Ding ding ding.
Speaker 15: Who was watching that news at least twenty eight or dead? After which major winter storm streaked across the US?
Speaker 1: God, does it have a name?
Speaker 5: I don't know the name of it.
Speaker 1: Is a name for it? That would be Fern, a name for it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it has a name, Fern, Fern.
Speaker 1: That just happens. That would be three.
Speaker 15: So Ceilings picking up two points on that one, and Sean and Sabrina with your guesses of four and two picking up one point each.
Speaker 1: Three questions remaining now.
Speaker 15: Question six, it's about a movie in Jurassic Park. The park is located on an island. Ceiling New bar that is incorrect. In Jurassic Park, the park is located on an island off the coast of what country?
Speaker 5: Off five?
Speaker 1: It was off of.
Speaker 6: Switzerland.
Speaker 15: That isn't correct, Sean Sean. Costa Rica, Costa Rica is correct, Sean. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Costa Rica?
Speaker 1: I think five said Costa Rica.
Speaker 15: Five for Sean PuO da Vita four, four, four Sea Lane, six and six for Sabrina. Question six with answers of four, five, and six, let's see who knows they're dino DNA in Jurassic Park. The park is located on an island off the coast of what country?
Speaker 1: Madagascar, Costa Rica, Costa Ricaca.
Speaker 17: Costa Rica, the Costa Rica, Costa Rica, Costa Rica.
Speaker 15: That would be seven Sabrina with the guest of six picking up one point two questions remaining. Now question seven, This is excited. This is a pretty big story, I thought. On Tuesday, which university expanded its financial aid by offering free tuition to families who earned less than two hundred thousand dollars. Oh wow, Sean Sean, was it per due as incorrect?
Speaker 1: One more time? One more time?
Speaker 15: On Tuesday, which University expanded its financial aid by offering free tuition to families who earn less than two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: U Sabrina, Sabrina, Texas University.
Speaker 18: That is incorrect, Lane, Sea Lane, Indiana University, Yale University.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those losers over there.
Speaker 15: Sean, you got question six right, we will start successful?
Speaker 1: Ever came from Yale.
Speaker 15: Out of eight answers, Sean, how many do you think said Yale? I think we got three Yale, three, two, two for Sea Lane, with one Yale and one for Sabrina. Question seven with answers of one, two and three. University expanded its financial aid by offering free tuition to families who earn less than two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 16: Yale, Yeah, Yale, Harvard, Yale, I guess Columbia pass.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna guess Harvard, but it could be any of the IVY leagues.
Speaker 15: That would be four, Seawn with your guess of three, picking up one point. We have one question remaining. Let's go through the scorecard before I do. In first place with six points, that would be Sea Lane Slash the steph Appee.
Speaker 1: Low scoring game performance.
Speaker 15: In second place with five points, Sean slash Mike Henry and in third place with four points. Sabrina slash zephis biker, So six, five and four still anyone's game. Question eight, it's usually about a capital. What is the capital of South Ceiling Pierre? Pierre is correct? Cela has seven points. He started to say Dakota Celan. Out of eight answers, how many do you think, said Pierre, Let's go with four, four, six, six for Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Perfect. So I'll go for two two for Sean.
Speaker 15: Question eight with answers of two, four and six, Let's see who knows there's South Dakota.
Speaker 1: What is the capital of Pierre? It's a Joliet or something dumb. Honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 16: Bismarck Pierre, Pierre, Pierre, Bismarck Pierre.
Speaker 1: That would be five.
Speaker 15: So sea Lane is picking up a point on that one, and Sabrina, with a guess of six, picking up one and that means Fritz on the street ends. Thus Lee in first place with eight point Sea Lane slash the Stefan pee. Congratulations, and then we have a tie for second and third place. Sabrina slash zephas biker and Sewn slash Mike Henry, and that means the new totals in first place and new leader on the street with seventeen points, Christopher Lane in second place two points removed with fifteen points, Sabrina Ambra and in third place two points removed from her with thirteen points, Sean Watson, and that is Fritz on the street back.
Speaker 1: You fee unbelievable. All right, what a performance not great by any of us, but a performance nonetheless, performance was good. Yeah, we were there, we were on the field, we showed up, we were in our gear. We participated, but fell short somehow along the way. And that's just how it goes sometimes. Thanks to our friend Fritz for coming by, or Fritz on this tree. Appreciate the new sponsor. That mortgage guy Don. He's an amazing dude helping people and helping families out there, folks who are trying to get into a new house or maybe your first house. So go check him out. That mortgage guy Don is the best. All right, quick break, when we come back, we have so much to get into. Still, a woman who has done something with over four hundred clients that is probably going to shuck you a bit. The information that we'll fill in the blank. There is coming up next on the news junkie folks on YouTube on Twitch. There's some glitching going on with the stream. I mean, I don't know what to tell you. We're trying to fix it. If we reboot one of the things that maybe needs to be rebooted and the entire stream and have to stop it again. So just be patient, please. That's the best that I can tell you for right now. All right, before we get into some of your comments, because there are a lot of them, we'll get over to an update, a rundown, if you will, an update on the situation yesterday with the liquid that was sprayed on the politician il Han Omar. She was doing a little town hall, I guess is the best way to describe it. In Minneapolis, Minnesota. Everybody knows what's been going on there in Minnesota. There was some dude there who's like looking all creepy and twitchy up in the front row. He's hanging out, and then out of nowhere, she's speaking and he gets up and he takes a syringe, no needle or anything, but just like the plastic syringe full of liquid and he squirts it and it hits her outfit and then pretty quickly her security grabs the guy. I saw people coming down on her security quite a bit yesterday. Well, this took so long for the security to get there. I didn't think it took that long. No, I thought like the guy stood up and sprayed his stuff, but that only took a second or so, and then the security guard very quickly apprehended this guy and dragged him away. So I didn't think the security delay was that bad. You could blame the security for not patting this guy down to see if he had some syringe full of liquid or whatever, but that or you would think that the security.
Speaker 3: I mean, we saw the straight on shot of that guy in the front row, just looking real sus.
Speaker 5: The only time she was talking was he just dead staring at her.
Speaker 3: No, he was like he was moving around and fidgeting, and it looked it looked very strange.
Speaker 1: But I got water. I'll give you the rundown on all the updates and the guy who did that. We learned it was red wine vinegar. Apparently that side I'm sorry, apple apple cider vinegar. That variety of vinegar get vinegar straight man apple cider vinegar was what was in this guy's syringe that he's braid all over this Omar ill hand lady. Here's some of the details that we now know about this guy. Immediately afterwards, people were picking apart his social media and The Daily Beast and a couple other outlets were trying to run with these like maga coded, which is usually like, wait is it coded?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: What's going on with this guy? And I looked at a lot of his accounts that I could see from a glance, and at first there wasn't much to pick up on and on Twitter in particular, like, none of these are verified that they were him, but we're just assuming. On his Twitter there wasn't even that many posts or replies or anything. It was kind of a limited amount of stuff. But we have learned a lot more about him. So I'll give you the information, which doesn't come from social media platforms, but comes from his family members who have weighed in on this as his name has been floating around out there. They said, the man who sprayed liquid at Congresswoman ill hann Omar during one of her town halls has been charged with assault by federal prosecutors, So doesn't matter if it's just you're squirting something on somebody else. You cannot do that. That is assaulting another person. You're not supposed to physically touch another person or touch them with something you want squirt at them, or you want to throw a water balloon at them. Keep your hands and everything else to yourself. That's literally a crime. It doesn't get prosecuted as often as it should have. But this is assault by these federal prosecutors. They said that they're charging them with and an affidavit. The FBI says the man also told an associator a few years ago that someone should kill represented ilhan Omar so. I guess he had a beef with her that traces back a little bit because he had tweeted about her. If you missed this, just so you know, the moment was captured on video. She's given a speech and then he gets up, squirts her, says something, bodyguards grab him. What did he spray? They were saying, They've found out later they said it's a smelled a little bit like vinegar in the room. Then they found out that it was apple cider vinegar that this guy had in his syringe that he was spraying. But a lot of family members have spoken out. So let's see what I got. I got his ex wife, all right, let's see what his ex wife says about this. His ex wife released a statement saying, I guess he was married twice this guy, Anthony kazmir Zak. His ex wife says, I was married briefly to Anthony Kazimirzak, and we divorced in March of twenty seventeen. Our relationship ended at that time nearly nine years ago. I'm heartbroken to hear of the attack on ilhan Omar, and I wish peace, strength and healing to everybody affected, including Ohan's family and community and Anthony's family. She said. So, that was one of his ex wives, saying that then his brother came out. His brother called him a piece of s all right, right off the jump. His brother is not well. H No, his brother is estranged from him. They have not talked for years. I guess. He says. His brother has lifelong anger issues and has had some sort of fixation on ilhan Omar. He says, I'm not surprised that this happened, not at all. The brother says, unfortunately, he and my mother are both right wing extremists. This according to the brother. He said, he's just a different yeah, he said, he said the mom too. The mom. The mom chimes in at some point, but he said he's a different person than I am. I believe in helping people. He believes in blaming people. This is the brother.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Then the neighbor was saying, well, basically, the neighbor's still saying the same thing. The neighbors saying that this guy was strange. You would send like weird links and stuff, and he seemed like he had some sort of focus on politics. And his mother also chimed in and was saying that he had been lost along the way in the last couple of years here after an accident in a couple of divorces. So it looks like he posted some things online that were against this ilhan Omar lady. He had posted a couple of other things that you could probably interpret as him being right of center. And then the brother and the family members are stepping up and saying like he was some right wing guy, the dude who sprayed this stuff out of the.
Speaker 5: Guys, no flags went up when he you said that, he tweeted that's a much of killer or told someone.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, he didn't tweet that. He only tweeted one thing at her, and it was not like over the top. The kind of interesting thing to me was And I don't believe this is a person who like is as political as you might imagine given the comments. This person made no public social media posts at all about this kind of stuff and then popped up a couple of years, two years ago, one year ago, and then started posting a whole bunch of stuff like this. I guess, so something happened along the way, and then I have to question, like, let's say this person was a They're they're a political actor, right, they were, they were driven by a political agenda. I can't make sense in the slightest of why anybody would choose to put apple cider vinegar in a syringe to shoot it at a person. I don't know. That seems like a like a mentally ill thing to do, which which I'm I'm glad for, because if this person was incredibly political and then did sneak something acid I don't know, whatever, something that really could have caused some harm or whatever that could have been obviously much worse. But I don't know. It seems like this dude has some issues than these I've been trying to deal with.
Speaker 3: In the criminal complaint that they posted on the New York Times, it said an MPD detective sergeant reviewed body worn camera footage of the arrest. The detective noted that the guy made a spontaneous utterance to the effect of I squirted vinegar at the time he was being arrested, Like he said it was vinegar while they were arresting him.
Speaker 5: Is there some like deep web secret of you can tell if someone's a lizard person if you squirt vinegar on him.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's why it seems like mental illness to me, because that's such a mental illness. It doesn't that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: They also say in the complaint, understatements made to Representative Omar during the incident, that he appears to say, she's.
Speaker 1: Not resigning, you're splitting Minnesota's apart. But that was I mean, it was really hard. So this was the that's where he stood up, where he stood up and said something, and it sounded maybe like he had said, you need to resign.
Speaker 3: It was what it sounded like to me because she had just said this person needs to resign. I thought it was like a you know, like.
Speaker 1: A you need to resign, right, So it looks like this guy's a little wacky. I don't know why ever, anybody would choose to do that. His family seems to be pretty much in line against him, and they said that he he's I've been going through a lot of stuff after one of these divorces that he had, because I saw that within two weeks of his latest divorce, he got two duy's, And that's usually a sign that somebody's kind of going ling the edge in spiraling. You get in two dui separate DUI's within a couple of weeks, and obviously that'd take his license away from him. And then there was a word that he had gotten into some accident that maybe had him on some kind of medication that was affecting him. But I just cannot make sense of the idea that somebody would choose to put apple cider vinegar in a syringeine squirted at a person. Maybe we won't be able to make sense of that, but that's just super weird. So yeah, he's got charges, federal charges against that dude. And those are the updates on him and his background after some more information has come out. All right, let's see a couple of emails to address. Here. Somebody talking about the halftime show. This is Tim Oh, I have an update on that too. You okay, Yeah, Tim says, love you guys, but sometimes you wear us out. All you had to do is google what alternatives there are, and Turning Point USA is the establishment that's going to do a big halftime show. Alternative for super Bowl halftime show. Love you, says Tim. Don't speak for other people, Tim, speak for yourself, number one. Don't say you're wearing us out. To speak for yourself number two. I am well aware that Turning Point USA had come forward at some point in time and said they were going to do this, as was The Daily Oh what is it? No, no, no, no, it's the one with Ben Shapiro, the Daily Wire. The Daily Wire had said that they were going to fund something potentially at one point in time, and they were going to have some kind of competition for the super Bowl halftime show. The idea wasn't who had mentioned that they were going to do that. The idea was it doesn't appear that any of those people are still doing this. At a lot of.
Speaker 6: People are picking up the story and Turning Point.
Speaker 5: Some sorcerers saying Turning Point is still going to do this halftime show. All the Taste of Country says is really happening. Huff Post says they're still allegedly throwing its own Super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 1: But they said nothing about like anybody who's going to be there or anything. They say.
Speaker 3: They said they're not released. No, they said they're not releasing the lineup until showtime. They're keeping the list of performers a secret up until showtime.
Speaker 1: If it happens at all.
Speaker 2: Is it it?
Speaker 6: I think I found it here, great way to promote the show, the all.
Speaker 1: American halftime show, celebrating faith, family, and freedom. So they are still planning on doing this. This is with the Daily Wire and I don't know O a N TBN. What's TBN? Is that a network? I don't know a TBN, No, No, TNN would be that one, right, I don't know if that TBS turn broadcasting anyways, there's a Trinity Broadcasting Network. It's a religious okay, so these religious outlets and then it says learn more, but there's nothing about performances or anything. Honestly, it doesn't even look like it's been updated really at all.
Speaker 6: And where are we supposed to watch this?
Speaker 1: It says on social media. I guess on YouTube, Rumble and X is where they're trying to direct people, But again, no information, know nothing. It's just kind of assuming that this is still going down, so not a lot of details if they are really intending on doing that.
Speaker 3: They asked Turning Point USA for an update in early January, and that I think is when a rep said that they would not reveal the list of performers until the show began. They refused to confirm any other basic elements of the program, including where it would be aired, whether it would be live, or what it might look like. That led to speculation that the show might not actually happen. While we still don't know who will be performing or what the show will entail. They finally announced how people will be able to watch whatever it is they're doing, which is what you just saw.
Speaker 1: The show.
Speaker 3: We broadcast live on TPUSA and Charlie Kirk's YouTube channels, as well as the organization's X and Rumble pages, Daily Wire, Real America's Voice Trinity Broadcasting Network Charge Yah.
Speaker 6: Hoping everyone forgot about it and now they're scrambling.
Speaker 1: You're up against the super Bowl. You have to tell people what they're going to be tuning in for, you know, to make it easy.
Speaker 6: I hope they're prepared.
Speaker 5: If a bunch of people are going to tune into the surprise guests, that the servers can handle it.
Speaker 6: So Netflix, their first live thing went not good.
Speaker 1: It says YouTube in Rumble right, so like YouTube and Rumble would be the like network that they were going to be putting that on. But why am I going to go away from something like even if I don't care that much about Bad Bunny, what do I care about about mystery? No? I mean, if you said you had somebody that I think is cool, then I'll tune over and watch that maybe and watch a different performance. But if I like, all of a sudden I tune in, you got Jarza Clay, I don't know. It takes a lot of shots on the show. On my face, nothing against Jars of Clay, but I'm like, I'm I'm not going to tune into some Christian music perform money. He says, it's Hill and Jars that Sean really entertains. If you said Counting Crows was performing.
Speaker 5: No casting crowns the very big religious like early two thousands.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I don't like any religious music that that I wouldn't tune away for. But even though Creed was originally I think religious tune in.
Speaker 3: Only time like a tiny bit more than a week out here from having to present this thing, and your website says more info and musical artists to be announced. Makes it sound like you don't have a lot, And it's almost worth having a separate screen somewhere to tune into it to see who's going to be just speaking at this.
Speaker 6: Or speeches instead.
Speaker 1: Am I crazy to anticipate that if you had a name that you think was big enough that it would actually attract people away from the halftime show, you would just say it. You would go, here's the performer, Kid Rock or whoever is going to be there. Nicki Minaj is going to be performing at this halftime show. Not saying it makes me feel like they don't have something good. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see you.
Speaker 3: We were trying to sell tickets to just okay, and we were like, guys, the lineup is TBA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's more like tbdn't I don't think.
Speaker 6: It was a banger.
Speaker 1: Anyways, surprise guests, thank you for the email. Appreciate it. Tim. That's why I pose that as a question to begin with. But we'll see, maybe we can answer some more questions along the way. A lot of dispatches are coming in. Some of those are tips about how to handle this weekend and what's going to happen with the weather plummeting and jury duty along with a correction, a correction I need. I need to issue a retraction here on the show. My all of that coming up next in the news junk. He unbelievable h Q trying to really show off today. I guess right, I mean, come on, it's not weird, is it? Is it like another business in the iHeart Building? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh my god, maybe level one. But they're all circling around. I didn't know that they had about you to go yeah, and everyone turned around and looked at me.
Speaker 6: I thought for sure they're going to offer me some mistake or something.
Speaker 1: Can I play this video? Can I play the video?
Speaker 6: He's cursing up a storm.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's asking if they want red meat.
Speaker 1: Because the carl after Uh. There we go outside of iHeart HQ. There's a man with a hibachi grill and a full hibachi outfit with a hat and everything, you know, cooking up habachi. You did you try to act like you belong style, just to go up and be like here's.
Speaker 6: It was very clear they all know each other.
Speaker 1: They don't know me, damn it.
Speaker 5: But I am ashamed. He was said, does anyone want rare steak?
Speaker 6: And not one of them? I'm like, the guys are insane.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's kind of cool. I like the idea of doing that were just like the guy could go anywhere and where are volcano? These guys for like parties and stuff.
Speaker 3: I've seen them executed very well, and I've heard from friends who have like hired I don't know if they hired like a discount hibachi guy, but it was a very cheap setup with like a tiny little banner around his blackstone, and he did not have all the tricks.
Speaker 5: Down like seem like he knows what he's doing. Also, I think Josh does mobile.
Speaker 1: Josh does this. I never heard of him doing this. I know he does it. I don't know that you.
Speaker 6: Sure it's mobum start that rumor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is getting desperate as of late, so he would definitely be popping up. So he's got a lot of credit cards to pay off that, because he'd he'd be trying to pretend like he was some Asian hibachi. Yeah, nobody's fooled, all right, Josh, nobody's fooled by you. Here we go. Let's do jury duty all right now.
Speaker 13: Court is now in session, So put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're knowing jury duty with the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only motivate of the Duit law firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, Call MO eight hundred, CALLMO, or go to Just call MO dot com. Did Sabrina or Cilane bring back any hibachi for Sean what? They couldn't get any they were trying. There's no access. No, No, it's for a different exclusive group of people. Unfortunately. Yeah, maybe next time, though, I didn't even know who's there. Just call MO dot com. Just call MO dot com. After an accident, call up your attorney. Motivate eight hundred, Call MO. I have the chill last words of a death row double murderer. How about that a double murderer. They say, this was a guy named Charles Thompson who was just executed, and he looks like a younger guy. Maybe this is an old photograph of him right here. He doesn't look super old. Usually, if you're being put to death by the state, you have been in prison for a while because they give you lots of appeals. The process is going to drag out no matter what, for a long time. This says he was fifty five years old. See if we can look up Charles Victor Thompson and maybe see when these crimes were committed and maybe that provides more info.
Speaker 5: But there is a Yeah, he looks way different if you google imageen.
Speaker 1: This says a double murderer told the families of his victims that his execution would just traumatize more people and begged for forgiveness moments before he died. Killer Charles Victor Thompson, fifty five, died by lethal injection. Yes your day, marking the first US execution of the year, and it killed this couple, Darren Keith Kine and Denise Hayeslip killed.
Speaker 6: Them Yeah, in nineteen and her new boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh god, is this him now? He looks completely right. It's totally different, doesn't even look like the same human being at all. Thompson was given the death penalty for the ninteen ninety eight murders of his ex girlfriend thirty nine and her boyfriend thirty They were shot at his home in a suburb of Houston. He came was found down to the scene. She died later from her wounds in the hospital about a week later. Before being given the lethal dose, he apologized with the family of his victims. He says he hopes they can begin to heal and move past this. He said, there are no winners in this situation. This creates more victims and traumatizes more people. Twenty eight years later, I'm sorry for what I did. I'm sorry for what happened, and I want to tell all of y'all I love you and keep Jesus in your life. Keep Jesus first. Then he gasped loudly, and he took about a dozen breasts like snores, and died twenty two minutes later. Anounced dead officially, details of the murderer wild, Oh my God. After the execution, Dennis Kane, whose son was killed by Thompson, said, now he's in hell. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 5: He killed the boyfriend and then, after reloading the weapon, reportedly uttered, I can shoot you to bitch, ic charge into her face.
Speaker 6: She survived. Oh taken off life support a couple days later.
Speaker 1: Jesus man, all right, brutal. Those are the last words of a double murderer there on death row. Give us your thoughts if you have any on that. We do have to take a quick break so we can get caught up on time. We'll have a big, fat segment for you next. This woman with over four hundred clients doing something really strange. We've got lots of feedback coming in on everything we've talked about so far today and all that's coming up in the Power Hour, which is coming up next, and the news junk Key. We'll get to your dispatches, emails and all that in a moment. Hey, the the USPS guy who went viral, had reached out to the show and said that he would he would join us. But I'm having a hard time connecting back and forth with him right now. I think maybe he I think he's free of the snow, but I think maybe he is going a job. But that's why that's what I want to figure out. We'll figure out tomorrow. I'm going to respond to him and see if we can set him up for something tomorrow during the show. But he did. The USPS guy who we talked about did reach out to the show.
Speaker 3: If it doesn't work out with him, we I did have somebody reach out, somebody called Popcorn Fart who works for the United States Postal Service.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's just gonna it's gonna lead to problems if we go with that person's story. Got a retraction. If we could issue a retraction here, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That might have been something that's a bit of a rich first execution, first retraction.
Speaker 1: Both math Dale Matthew emails the show tips at the news Junkie dot com and he goes on the Olympics payout story. And we were talking about this story, which I thought was interesting about how the United States doesn't pay Olympic athletes nearly as much as some of the other countries do if you get a gold, to silver or bronze. We did the research during the segment Ceiling came back with countries that they give them a million dollars or close to close to us for each medal that they get and the US gives some money. You know, you get got some money, a decent amount of money.
Speaker 3: For Can you imagine being Michael Phelps and finding that out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, the number of medals, I mean, he was sitting there with so many around his neck. It was preposterous at some point, like he still probably did really well off of it. But there's a There was a guy who I was discussing who it was revealed, was a billionaire dude, and he was paying for all of the US Olympians and paralympi, which I thought was really cool. He's paying them and he was giving them one hundred thousand dollars when they turned forty five years old and another one hundred thousand dollars to their family when they die. So this wealthy man was giving up two hundred thousand dollars for every single Olympian and Paralympian in the United States that you're going to see here in Italy for the Winter Olympics when they kick up in a bit. And I thought that was interesting. But Matthew says, the story you mentioned first was right. The guy's name is Ross Stevens. You then swapped it around and looked up Stephen Ross, who owns the Miami Dolphins. The proper name is Ross Stevens. Ross Stevens is I think what I have from the original story. I think Sabrina sent me over to the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 6: No hard rock owner, he's siaa Dolphins.
Speaker 1: No, that's the same guy who.
Speaker 6: Owns the team, also owns the stadium.
Speaker 1: I don't know here, I'll just bring up with you sent this says, what is Steve Ross's network? Steve Ross's the real estate magnez fault related companies in the owner of the Miami Dolphins. That guy is worth ten billion dollars. But he got a kudos from the show. Kudos our rock guy. All right, kudos. Rescinded not to say that you haven't done some good things. I'm sure you have somewhere, but you didn't do this. It wasn't him.
Speaker 5: We are the odds. People with the switch names are billionaires. So yeah, he's financeer stone Ridge Holdings Group, crypto currency stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh god, he's a crypto guy too, Ross Stevens, that's the correct one. Sorry for the error. It was not Stephen Ross, it was Ross Stevens. Sabrina completely screwed the pooch on that one. Sorry boom. Now we go over to you and work in. Lots of people are emailing the show, so let's see here. This person, Tyler says, hey, junk, he's Tyler here. I saw the fitting on Facebook and found it very interesting. This man speaks the truth, so much hatred just for one man and causing chaos with their riots. I don't know if there's something you want to talk about but want to throw it out there wiggles and pops and it's a Facebook video. I don't know, like do it. I don't know if I want to take this because I don't know what these guys are saying, says immigrant from Africa argues with Democrats at a protest. I don't really care. Thank you for that though. Here's Matthew, who says, I appreciate how transparent you are and how much you go out on a limb to make the show a little bit better. On the last sentence of your rant, a chumba casino commercial game on it was too funny, he says. A chump of casino popped on. Please don't stop the show and not sign your contract due to this issue. Oh, it wouldn't be just because of this issue. I have like less than six months left in my contract, and it wouldn't be because of the podcast thing, and it wouldn't because of any one thing. Really, it's just about is it the right thing to do for me to sign on another sign I got another contract at a time where the suits at iHeart folks have taken to now signing five year deals, and then sometimes the five year deal has a kicker for an optional deal, so then the deal you're signing ropes you in for for six years, which is probably what they would want me to sign. I don't really have much of an interest in signing anything for six years. I also, beyond that, don't know if now's the time that I want to continue on this same path or if I want to go another direction. But it's not because of the podcast. I just got a lot of things on my mind about the show and what's next, and I'm sort of at a fork in the road. So legitimately I'm not playing some kind of game or doing some kind of trick. I think I have a decision in front of me, and the decision could be an easy one or a hard one that will be much more clear in the next couple of months. We'll see what the suits say about things, and it's not some kind of stunt or it's not about the podcasting. I'll be honest with you. Like everything else, I'll just tell you what it's about, he says. Just keep doing what you're doing and make a great product on whatever platform they give you. All right, thank you for the email. That's much appreciated. Kate sends over. I'll show you just how bad things can be in Texas with this weather, Kate says, and she sends along, well, Kate, I can't look at this. She sent me the entirety of ABC World News Tonight for yesterday. I can't.
Speaker 6: Start from the beginning.
Speaker 1: I'm not watching a twenty minute news program. I can't do that. I'll go over to Andrew instead. Sean, when did this scalping of tickets become legal? He says. In the past, if I bought a bunch of tickets for an event and then resold them outside of the event with a markup on the face value, I would be arrested and all my tickets would be confiscated. Now, secondary ticket sales can buy up most of the tickets for an event and resale the tickets at multiple times the original face value. How in the world is this legal? My daughter wanted to go see some music group the day the tickets went on sale, logged on to the website to get an idea of the price. The only tickets available to buy from the venue were obstructed view for forty dollars. Approximately ten percent were marked as sold. The remaining tickets were available to buy from a certified secondary sale site from four hundred to twelve hundred dollars, which is crazy, but it's just far too common. And I think that this was like when I when I was younger, I remember people getting busted for selling tickets, scalping tickets outside of concerts. You specifically were not allowed to do that. I remember it would be.
Speaker 19: Like they were like physically there would they would get busted selling the tickets, and then the defense would be I was selling the ticket at face value and the envelope containing the ticket I was selling for six hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Nice. Yeah, yeah, I mean I think that there was there's some fluctuation on this because the venues are at the center of it, and the venues work through the ticket outlets and they all kind of realize, hey, we can make a deal with these guys, your stub hubs, your I always forget all the other ones, ticket nerds, game time, you know, whatever they are out there. They it's very very clear that they have decided that financially this is better for them, and so they seem to kind of lean into what you wouldn't be able to do before.
Speaker 5: You have someone like Billie Eilish where I know stations like our Sisters stations were giving the tickets away and but no other website would have them. And once the tickets were like one by listeners, you were sending their first and last name. There's no like PDF you were being sent. It was just it belonged to that person. And I think a lot of people and enjoyed the show because it wasn't uh I mean, there's stile expensive, but it wasn't scalper second hand site.
Speaker 1: Isn't that interesting? Doesn't that show you that perhaps the artists can have some level of control over that if they want too big though maybe she's the only one who has that kind of sway and made some kind of deal with them where she said no, I do not want people to be able to do this, but this is happening a little bit more. I mentioned the Alta thing where Courtney and all of these different people try to get tickets for this makeup event.
Speaker 3: I had no clue about that until you brought it up that day, and then I saw it all over social media and I did not see a single person.
Speaker 1: I actually, I take that back.
Speaker 3: I did see a single person say that they claimed that they got all the tickets, and I believe that person to be lying, yeah, it could be.
Speaker 6: Did you see their response to it too.
Speaker 5: They're like, guys, we have a contest where you could win on.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're not allowed to do that. So that that's what I was gonna say in that situation. They said, tickets are absolutely non transferable. So the name used to purchase the tickets is the name the person has to have on an ID when they go to the venue. So you could you could do these things differently. But the venues make more money with all this scalping going on. The artists make more money with all this scalping going on, and they want to pretend like they don't, but they do sometimes make more money on this. Everybody does, and the ticket companies make make more money. We don't us people, you folks who are working hard on this stuff. You don't necessarily a lot of people trying to get in on frits on the street. Let me scroll past that we have those for sale as well. Somebody is saying I personally have no issue with who is selected to play the Super Bowl halftime show News Junkie, But I heard a rumor that Turning Point hired Billy McFarland to set up the entertainment. And okay, now right, big Mark, I don't. I don't think that.
Speaker 3: That would actually make sense, because it doesn't we don't know if this thing is actually going to happen. So Billy mc farlan running it would make a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 1: It seems as reliable as sandwich. I'm not I'm not hopeful that there's gonna be some big super Bowl halftime competition. Let's just say that at this particular point in time, All right, join us with your comments, your emails, your dispatches, all of that. To get on the show, how well, send an email to tips tips at the neewsjunkie dot com, or record a video or audio dispatch on the website right now. Okay, let me work this thing because I teased it. This woman has slept with over four hundred of her clients. They said, this woman, this is her she hooker. She's not. She's a sex surrogate. That's what her title is. Sorry, A sex surrogate is what this woman's official title is. And she says she wants to help people through intimacy challenges and some some times that even involves sleeping with her clients.
Speaker 5: I've heard of this before. Wasn't there a documentary about this?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know, I'm sure a couple of years ago. Ohthoughlet's see what this lady says. Maybe you find her familiar.
Speaker 14: And gen z are having less sex than their parents and their grandparents. Could our next guest be the answer to tackling Briton's intimacy draft.
Speaker 12: Calli Miller is a sex surroga clients feel more comfortable in the bedroom by talking about their issues, teaching them how to kiss, and even sleeping with them.
Speaker 14: As the profession raises eye parents, she's joining us now to explain a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Cuddie, Thank you for jo I mean, this seems a little like a prostitution loophole if you're sleeping with your patients or.
Speaker 6: Discussion.
Speaker 1: She's not calling the patience, she's not calling a patient, she's calling them clients, So that lingo it's true.
Speaker 5: Do you think they're sitting down and discussing? You know, this is how you should be kissing, and this is how you could be more intimate with your partner once you leave.
Speaker 1: I guess she's saying she's a sex surrogate, which, if she doesn't say a therapist, I think that's good because therapists should not be engaging with their clients like this at all. Therapists should not be having physical contact or anything like that with any of their clients ever. But she says she's a sex surrogate.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 14: It's a fascinating subject. Undoubtedly our views will be really intrigued by what.
Speaker 1: It is that you do.
Speaker 14: Can you explain how you got into the world of being?
Speaker 1: How did it all start?
Speaker 12: This is my favorite question.
Speaker 1: It started a very long time ago.
Speaker 12: I was working as a remedia sports massage therapist, so a million miles completely clinic work, and I've noticed the relationship between sports, high end sports performance anxiety and how that replicated into home and how that was moving forward.
Speaker 1: So she said she learned this working with sports people as a massage therapist in her late thirties. Now she does things from teaching her clients how to kiss or even sleeping with them to work them through their insecurities.
Speaker 5: And this has been going on for court some time. I knew there was a documentary. I think I did start watching it, but it's on Netflix, Private Practices, the story of a sex surrogate from nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 1: Well there's other stuff too, like in Australia, I believe disabled people can get a budget to hire somebody. Is it the Netherlands?
Speaker 3: According to one of our promos, it's the Netherlands.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we know that from doing the show that the Netherlands has something where disabled people can get a budget and can hire somebody to sexually gratify them. But this lady, I think is in England, Kayleye Miller. Do your arms have to be broken? You don't know what. I don't know what the rules are. What prevents somebody from coming in and be like, well I just have some intimacy problems. Could you help me with this and then stay? So I thought for to fill out. Well, let's see what she says about.
Speaker 12: Oh, this is interesting.
Speaker 1: What do I do?
Speaker 12: What can I do to support and to understand? And the first point of call was studying psycho sexual semantics. And it's just a whole new world of understanding, not just understanding about them, but understanding about myself. And there I was, you know, in my late thirties, thinking huh, I didn't know that. I didn't know that, finding all fascinating and really realizing how much I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I like the lower third graphic on the screen for this lady says, meet the sex surrogate who sleeps with her clients. And then I wonder the big question, how many calls does she get after an appearance like that?
Speaker 6: It's probably great promo.
Speaker 1: She's on teams intelligent, though she doesn't look like the type. I'll be honest with you. She just looks like a regular therapist might look or somebody. She doesn't look like somebody who engages in this sort of work. She is maybe in her forties or fifties, I don't know if they say, and she says she's just doing this to help people. But you let us know what you think let's hear a little more from.
Speaker 12: How much of my functionality was flowed on the back of lack of understanding of my own humanity. So it became almost like a fascinating like you just described, a fascinating subject, because it is the most inner core of our humanity. It's it's survival belonging, which is very clear closely associated with our relationships. And I never stopped. I almost stumbled across one thing and the other next thing. I was still working as a massage therapist, and I saw like a newspapers added something open minded body workers and a very short description I had.
Speaker 1: I guess she saw some of the news and in a nutshell.
Speaker 3: In a nutshell, you asked this woman, how did you start sleeping with your clients? Or are you?
Speaker 1: And she goes it all started when I was a massage therapist. Stereotype, these poor massage therapists who are legit, I mean most of them are. Most of them are legit people, and it's like they are a bunch of little Richard gears who just can't get away from the persistent idea that they do something that they don't. It's tough for them, I'm sure, but there she is. This goes on for like twenty minutes. I'm just going to take her at face value, and you can say of it what you want, send a dispatcher at email in on the show. We'll take a quick break when we come back. We have a lot to work through clips crazy. I've got a bunch of clips that we have to play here and some big incidents including didn't know if we'd have this. I have more supposedly concrete evidence of exploding trees. All right, I will see if we're believers or if this is more fakery, if the trees are really going to blow up this weekend that is coming up next and the new US junk key. Okay, let's see what we need to get into and mix up before we roll out of here. Today. I did see a couple people had sent in this guy running for Attorney general in Ohio, asking if I thought that they the guy would get in trouble, and I honestly don't know. Have you guys seen this Ohio Attorney general video? Let me see if I can bring him up. This is a risky one to play the show. That's it, but it'll it'll all be clear in just a moment. Here, let me bring up this guy's videos.
Speaker 3: For the stream our license key for the whole shebang.
Speaker 1: Here. He is this this guy's video. This is Yeah. There is some dude named Elliott Elliott fourhand who's running for Ohio Attorney general fourhand like that hacker. Yeah fourhand f O R H A N. Elliott fourhand who is running for Ohio Attorney general and released this video right.
Speaker 9: This is Elliott fourhand, candidate for Ohio atturny.
Speaker 1: Leave Sean's face on the screen. I want to tell you what.
Speaker 9: I mean when I say that I am going to kill Donald Trump. Okay, I mean I'm going to obtain a conviction rendered by a jury of his peers at a standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt based on evidence presented at a trial conducted in accordance with the requirements of due process, resulting in a sentence duly.
Speaker 1: Executed like human GPT.
Speaker 9: That is what I mean when I say that I'm going to kill Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Dude, don't be a pussy. Just say the thing you want to say the thing. It sounds like human chat GPT, Like, uh, what I mean by I'm going to do this thing? Like? Just be the edge lord. If you're going to be the edge lord, the.
Speaker 5: Edge lord, they won't be able to run if he doesn't do the what he means by that, well.
Speaker 1: It's still cowardly. He's because he's trying to say something without you is he Is he going? Is he going to get charged with anything? No? And that's why he did it that way. He's saying, I want to kill blank, like you know, I want to kill person X. And by kill I mean kill him with kindness or by kill I mean I'm going to charge them with the crime through the Yeah, that's what he's talking about. Bring them through the judicial system, get capital punishment as a as a punishment against this person, and then render the judgment from the state to bring them the death penal. His version of Radios allegedly. Yeah, it's just like if I said, Sean, I tonight am gonna come over to your house and beat your ass. Yeah, at monopoly, I would. It would be more like you were saying, Sean, I'm gonna come over to your house and stab you. And then it's like, oh, my god, you go because I know when I beat you at monopoly and you try to physically attack me, my only way to defend myself will be by pulling out my shift and stabbing you. And I like, all right, you.
Speaker 6: Know we all I'm going to strangle both of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it to me. Is like, I get what you're doing. Come on, nothing else there my hugs.
Speaker 6: And just overall, good time.
Speaker 5: I've made necklaces and I think they might be too small for your thick ass.
Speaker 1: Next, there used to be adults, and.
Speaker 6: Then that makes sense, am I still getting in trouble?
Speaker 1: And then kids, and then all of a sudden it became this thing where it's just like everybody wants to be an edge lord. When everybody wants to be an edge lord, it makes it not nearly as fun. It's it's kind of it seems kind of so this is this is the adults doing six to seven for you kind of. But I like, I literally don't think the guy is gonna get charged with anything.
Speaker 6: I don't think charge you think he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Get I don't. He might be a fringe candidate, Like, he may just be somebody who's like the only reason he's coming up in the conversation is because he decided to do something. If he wasn't a fringe candidate before he is.
Speaker 5: Now that was a selfie video and see any donations that made it kind of production.
Speaker 1: Nobody wanted to be holding the camera for that. I lost it again. No, no, no, no, no, here it is here his name is if he has like a campaign website and everything, or if he's just some lunatic Elliott for Fauxhan Elliott Fauxhan. I don't see like a a like voting website, you know what I mean? Maybe doesn't have one yet.
Speaker 3: Forehand and it says attorney and former Ohio state representative, whoa.
Speaker 6: Did you have Google? I?
Speaker 1: Oh no, he does have fourhand for Ohio. He legit has a of tax the rich is his thing right on top elect Elliott fourhand Attorney General.
Speaker 6: Lincoln Beard for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not in hearing this in the photo, I'm saying, but he's legit. I guess that just seems dopey, and maybe there's enough people who are into that right now. If so, I'm disappointed, But it could be the case that that's where we're at as people. All Right, We're going to take one final break. When we come back, we'll do the final dispatches. Stories that didn't make the cut, and today I learned to wrap everything up for a Thursday. Quick note for you streamers, I know you're struggling. There's some skipping and stuff that's going on on the video side of things. Just be patient. We'll reboot all of the relevant equipment to make sure it's not over here, and we'll make sure that things are hopefully smooth tomorrow. But that's all I can say to you right now. It's sort of like I always feel like Luis c k talking about Wi Fi on an airplane, where once you give people the ability to do something, then if things don't work perfectly, they forget what's going on. Yeah, I mean we are indeed streaming in nearly real time.
Speaker 3: No, no, I demand Wi Fi on an airplane in full HD with a multi camera shot with this and that and all the rest. Actually No, I mean yes, I would rather have the Wi Fi. I would like really a lot to know ahead of time. If I'm not going to have the Wi Fi on the airplane, I need how to be able to download some stuff.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this is twenty twenty six, for God's sake, we can't accept any less quick break back with all that more, it's coming up next in the news junk Kie on the way out. Let's see what we can knock down here. One thing that I saw that was interesting in the world of entertainment is the of the folks from the hit show on Netflix, Adolescence are finally popping up in some of their new projects. And one that I heard about, I was like, Oh, they're doing that again. One of the co creators of Adolescence is going to be doing a new live action Lord of the Flies series. Interesting that will be I think the third iteration of Lord of the Flies. There was obviously the original book, I believe, and then there was a Lord of the Flies in the sixties. See if that's right. See it wasn't the movie is a cartoon or in Amasia. No, it was old who wrote that. It was a very popular book. Golding Lord of the Flies is by William Golding Yess nineteen fifty four was the book Lord of the Flies. And if you don't have you've never heard of this all, explain it a second. And then the first movie around far The first movie was in I think the sixties or something somewhere on that, and then it was rebooted in the eighties. When I was a kid, and Lord of the Flies, if you've never heard of it, which I guess they're rebooting into a series, was a movie about all these kids. I think they had a plane crash, right, yeah, it was the original lost yeah, yeah, and the kids all ended up on this island all by themselves.
Speaker 3: There was a nineteen sixty three film and a nineteen ninety film. Was the one I saw was the nineteen ninety film. I don't think the nineteen ninety one was that good. I think I tried to watch it once and I got bored.
Speaker 1: It's it's young kids who weren't big actors at the time, so maybe this guy will be good at handling that. And they're redoing the whole Lord of the Flies idea, which became a larger phenomenon, which is basically like if you have a population of people and you lack control over those people, and the inmates take over the asylum as it were, you could end up with the situation people would compare to Lord of the Flies, because these kids get stranded on an island after a plane crash, and then they all start going after each other and fighting each other and even killing each other and stuff. Poor Piggy, a little piggy. Piggy is the one with the asthmar. Yeah, that kid and the other kids sucks to your assmar. Yeah, there's a lot of little bullying going on. But they announced that they are going to do a new live action Lord of the Flies series from one of the co creators of Adolescents, which will be interesting. The Eisley Brothers received a star on the Walk of Fame and they were very, very emotional about it. He started by singing and then he just started crying. You know, you make me warm show. That's it. It sounds the same. Yeah, he got into it. He started just kind of balling. It took long enough.
Speaker 10: I want to thank all of our fans, all of our fans, each and everyone.
Speaker 1: We had for sixty seven years. Whoa damn God, bless you all. Sixty seven years the Isley Brothers have been singing their song and now they got their Hollywood Walk of Fame star. Congrats guys. Oh let's see what we got on the way outs. I'm not gonna be able to get to a bunch of your feedback.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I don't know if I know any other Isley Brothers songs than.
Speaker 1: The show whisper. I don't know. They must have something else that's a banger, right, I mean Shout was like legendarily big still played at most weddings and stuff these days, weddings, sports game y. Yeah, And last quick update. I started the show on I think Monday with that Somalian woman who nausera Ahmed was her name, and she was doing some kind of speech where she said Somalia, being a Somalian American is more than just bananas and rice, and then she said it's kind of like, uh, kind of kind of like bananas and rice and caught herself in a little loop and was in a video that went viral. The update on her is that she's now been arrested for allegedly participating in a riot in this particular person. The headline says, she's been arrested for allegedly participating in a Minneapolis riots just days after that clip went viral for the bananas and the rice and that is going to have to handle it today. Now it's time to get the hell out of here. Here we go, let's do today. I learned and the.
Speaker 13: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ over here.
Speaker 1: Don't get cocky. Now it's done.
Speaker 13: What we call today.
Speaker 1: It is today. I learned for a Thursday, January twenty ninth to twenty twenty six. Today I learned this rock band, Red Hot Chili Peppers. That's right, the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The thing that kind of shocked me about this was in two thousand and eight, while the Red Hot Chili Peppers went on hiatus. The basis flee forty five at the time. How old is Flea? He was forty five back in two thousand and eight. My god, he's getting up there, I guess. But he enrolled as a freshman at forty five at the University of Southern California's music program, even though he was in a major successful band with platinum records and everything. He said he wanted to widen his appreciation and understanding of music even after all those years, and he enrolled at the college to sixty sixty what sixty three? Sixty three? Man? Still, yeah, I see he is good. He's in point break. I think, who's in a couple other things I've seen. Back to the future. Back to the future, that's right, takes us way back, let's go to the final story today, folks and especially streamer folks, thank you for your patience. Today we'll get it all fixed. No glitch, no glitches tomorrow, Glitch Free Friday. Glitch Free Friday coming up very soon. Today. Learned this lady right here, Emi wine House is correct, Amy wine House is BAC. That's the amount of alcohol in her blood at the time of her death was point four one six, putting up big numbers. Those are big numbers right there. The British singer, songwriter, musician and businesswoman. And if you've seen the documentary about her, she could be so drunk and then they'd go she'd fall everywhere and they'd go go in too, the booth and she walk into the booth and be like me, drillic. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place. Miss ending of the show. Get the podcast at thenews junkie dot com. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Everybody were say
Speaker 1: Time you