Speaker 1: And it is friends a share the show. That's right. This is when you spread the word about this very show. You say, hey, I like the news junkie. Here's what I like about it, and you should check it out and send a link to a friend, your mom, your dad, that cousin. I don't know. You're not gonna worry already said to your mom. Oh, thank you for your uncle on his lap. Yeah, anybody, I mean, the creepy people, the nice people, the bad people. Just send him a link on to share the show Tuesday. How's everybody doing on a Tuesday? Good pumped?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, better than the folks in Jamaica. Better than the people in Jamaica, which we'll get toward Jamaican friends here in just a moment. But right now, let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse. Unless he was happening in this great, big, wide world of ours, I don't know if he's been listening to the show or what's going on, but as of yesterday, it's the first time that Trump out on the road has personally targeted me. Personally targeted me. I mean, you might as well have. Like he made it clear that he doesn't he doesn't like me. I don't know why. I mean, I'll play this. We'll just go to the clip here and we'll start off the show requiteed love. I mean this is in Japan. Oh no, oh god no, So it's in Japan. Japan, that's where Trump is and he directly goes full force against me. Oh hang on, I have to turn this up. I want to make sure everybody can hear this loud and clear. It's this important stuff. Now we're good here. We are from the men and women of the rank and file. That's true.
Speaker 3: It comes from you people, incredible people, good looking people. Too many good looking people. I don't like good looking people. Good looking people. I'll be honest with you. I've never admitted that before. But see I'm allowed to see. You know we wanted the Supreme Court a thing based on merit. You know about that, right merit.
Speaker 1: I don't understand the segue afterwards, but full on shot at me.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: You heard it in all of the four K audio versions that you possibly could have. He says, I don't like good looking people. He is clearly talking about me at this Yokosuka Naval base and and this is the same speech as the mosquitos. This is the same mosquitoes. Good looking people. I never did. It was a whole I'll play here from the men and women of the rank and file. That's true. It comes from you people.
Speaker 3: Incredible people, good looking people, too many good looking people. I don't like good looking people, and I liked good looking people. I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I never liked good looking people. Let's go back to Trump on Mosquito, and here he is. Remember what you just heard, Uh, this is Trump. I don't like mosquitoes. I don't like those mosquitoes. I never did any very close.
Speaker 4: I say, how awkward will it be with his current wife lady?
Speaker 5: Who is I believe a former model before they go there?
Speaker 1: Too bad?
Speaker 5: That would be defined as good looking person.
Speaker 1: It's right behind the scenes. Yeah, I mean, I personally am just going to try to work through this myself and see how I handle it today. I know that you guys don't feel very targeted by this. I understand that, I get it. It's just, you know, it's quite quite obvious that this was directed at me. Actually, I'm not feeling I'm not feeling very I'm not feeling very good looking today. No I don't need that. I don't need Remember what I told you. I was trying to get to two hundred by the roast and uh and it's been raining, so I want to here five hundred pounds if I'm ten twenty. We got a whole got a whole other problem.
Speaker 5: We would have to roll you in.
Speaker 1: We might. I don't even know if I'll get through the.
Speaker 4: Entrance of the place after all that email to Judson's like, don't worry about the you know, furniture and decorations. We do have to wheel in a one thousand pounds person.
Speaker 1: Can we the piano and scoop Sean's lard ass into the piano? He's ten twenty. No, I was trying to get down. I was going from two fourteen all the way down to like two oh eight, back up the two ten, and I was like, what, how brutal is this going to be here? For me? Your boss?
Speaker 5: Getting ready for winter?
Speaker 1: It must be. I'm like a bear hibernation is near. I've gotta absolutely prepare for this, but it feels like a personal shot. We will take your comments today. Of course, you can join us on the show. Senters what we call a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com and you can also email the show at any time to get your opinion on in front of us. If it's interesting, I'll read it to tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. Obviously, what's happening in Jamaica is a tough one today.
Speaker 5: Thanks they hit last night, so it's slowed down.
Speaker 1: It is going so slow that between yesterday's show and today it has hardly moved. This is a category five storm just spinning at Jamaica like a buzzsaw right now at one hundred and seventy five mile an hour winds ish. And the only good news is this. I don't know how much he knows about Jamaica.
Speaker 4: The last time I've seen a radar where it's mean whack, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Mean the on account of Jamaica. How dare you? Uh? The good news is? The only good news is you said it? Dar? The western part, the western part of Jamaica is not where a lot of the people live. It's only like twenty percent of the population. And that's the part where it's a lot of people. Of course it is, but it's a it's a small piece of good news. And what could you know only be a bad news soup here if we wanted it to be. But I know right now it's really gross there. A lot of the power is going out, as you can imagine in these places, and we don't really know exactly what's gonna happen with the storm afterwards because it has gone so slow. I mean, it's just crawling along.
Speaker 4: So it has been determined for sure the biggest hurricane to hit Jamaica and its history. But I saw a headline yesterday like on Earth is that now pushed us all?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know about that, but it's definitely the strongest hurricane to make landfall in Jamaica. Hurricane Melissa is without a down one hundred and seventy five mile an hour.
Speaker 5: Winsay to Gomel.
Speaker 1: You guys will remember, Look, we went to Jamaica. We did the show live from Jamaica one time years ago. I don't know how long ago, five years ago, six years ago, it was twenty twenty one, I think was it. We did the show live from Jamaica for half a week or something. And when we did this, we landed at the airport and they put us on a bus and we drove this crazy bus all the way over to I think it was was a white house Jamaica where we ended up going. And along the way, I'm kind of glad that we had to drive from the airport to there because along the way we got to see, you know, actual Jamaica. Yeah, and I'll tell you the thing that is most concerning is in Jamaica, a lot of these houses don't look like they're built up to the code you might see and let's say Florida or something. A lot of the houses are a little bit more ramshackle in some cases than you would expect. And one hundred and seventy five mile in our winds might just tear through some of these. That's the trouble. But it's going so slow that even at the end of the show today, it'll still be hovering right over the top of Jamaica and out there churning out in the ocean. It says extremely dangerous and life threatening situation. Take cover now. That's all caps from the National Weather Service. Failure to adequately shelter may result in serious injury and loss of life. Residents in Jamaica that experienced the eye should not leave their shelter as winds will rapidly increase within the backside of the eyewall of Melissa. And they said to protect yourself, the best thing you could do is put as many walls as possible between yourself and the outside. Go inside with the room without windows, and just kind of hunker down, as they say over and over and over. Around this time, they're talking about explosion sounds, trees bending over, pressure in their ears, like they could feel the pressure, and.
Speaker 5: Just walking around started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's gonna rain and it's gonna storm for quite a long time.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Let's just peek in with the Weather channel. Let's see what they say about this.
Speaker 6: All right, guys, some brand information. As the hurricane hunters have made the first pass of their morning travels, the first of courses. The Air Force plane that left Kirosl. The plane that's coming from the north is the Noah plane from Lakeland.
Speaker 1: Hurricane there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the news from the United States Air Force as they went through this thing. Eight hundred and ninety three point five milli bars.
Speaker 1: All right, that's the drop. Okay.
Speaker 6: Remember we started with a nine oh one from the five AM Advisor. We didn't change in eight because we didn't have a plane out there.
Speaker 1: Now we do.
Speaker 6: Now we've gotten a drop to eight hundred ninety three millibars slowed a little bit. That is the fourth the pressure on record in the Atlantic basin right now as I'm telling you about it, and you saw the wind from the hurricane.
Speaker 1: So there you go. That's the fourth lowest pressure wise in the Atlantic that's recorded.
Speaker 6: He said, up around two hundred miles an hour. There it is right there. It's actually off the scale.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Our chart here so absolutely incredible. All right, So now they go out the east side of it getting you know, obviously they're going to measure the length of those hurricane force winds. How far out did they extend from the center, and likely that eye is crazy to me, part of this kind of inner not the most inner eye wall, but the kind of this outer eye wall.
Speaker 1: Is coming on shore right now.
Speaker 6: Those are going to be sustained hurricane force winds down near the Black River area and down in toward Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Damn man, that's going to be a rough day. So we'll thak in and see what's going on throughout the day there.
Speaker 7: To compare what he just said, he said, what was it eight hundred and ninety sixty six. The strongest Atlanta hurricane on record by intensity is Hurricane Wilma, which reached a record low central pressure pressure of eight hundred and eighty two millibars.
Speaker 1: Jesus, that's that's about as close as you get there. Yeah, eight hundred and ninety six mb and one of the strongest Atlantic hurricanes. So good luck to everybody in Jamaica. About one point five million people in the in the area, and the Red Cross is saying this could be like the storm of the century. So we will watch what's going on and keep an eye on these folks. And if you're around there, you know somebody around there, let us know what's going on and we'll keep you updated. So we have a lot to get into today. That's just one of the many things. We will also see what you have for us on the emails and dispatch your side, and you can email the show as I always tell you at tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. We have another another performance at a sports game that has become a controversy. I thought the Bad Bunny one was enough for everybody, but no, no, no, well this was just too far. Who performed and who's apologizing right now. We'll get into it because that is coming up next on the News Junkie elsewhere on Planet Earth. I almost can tell you that it was early this morning when the World Series Game three finally ended, because that damn game went on for so long. For those of you who didn't watch, which is probably a decent amount of you, the baseball game went on for eighteen innings.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, fans in the standstill.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would like to know, like, who's still left? It's just as night. No, no, it's almost midnight. It with three three in the morning for Toronto fans who were watching. I guess it says the clock with ten minutes shy of midnight in Los Angeles and three in the morning back in Toronto. How does yeah? That works? That works? That makes sense. The warm game time temperatures had given away to nighttime cold, so it was like completely and totally different tempts than the game started out because it got dark outside. They were in the eighteenth inning. The game tied the record for the longest World Series game in history, and they said it was a thriller from start to finish, and I can I can disagree it was. It was a thriller from start to finish. Why do you disagree? How could it be?
Speaker 7: How could you go so many innings with no score? And that'd be thrilling because it was.
Speaker 1: So close to being a score, And it's like, whoa, whoa. You guys just don't like baseball. You don't understand it.
Speaker 5: Your baseball baseball. But after a certain amount of time, it seems like a lot.
Speaker 1: All right, who's your favorite player on the Dodgers?
Speaker 4: On the Dodgers. I'm not a fan of the Dodgers. I'm a Miami Marlins fan.
Speaker 1: Till I doubt you should know at least one player on the Dodgers. He's kind of a big deal. Oh yes, yeah, yeah, I forgot exactly how much he makes. But it's close to a jillion dollars. It's very it's it's up there a little bit. So yeah. The game ended in the eighteenth inning. The Dodgers take a two to one series lead on the Toronto Blue Jays.
Speaker 7: My recap on Google here only shows it doesn't even show the first eight innings because it doesn't have the room for it. I can't do it as a start like it it starts at inning nine zero. There's a until we get to enning eighteen up Dodgers score games ze.
Speaker 1: I feel like this. When they were programming the scoreboards, they go, don't worry, we'll never have to get to eighteenth inning. We won't need this information. But they did. It went on for a very long time last night, and there were some people who have been a little upset. They've been a little bit upset during the World Series. And I'm not sure how long they've been doing this for, but during the World Series they had a mini equivalent of a halftime performance, if you will. You know, in the middle of the game, they stopped for a second and they introduced a musical act, and people got mad. They got really mad, and it wasn't bad bunny, all right, This wasn't a bad bunny thing. It just kind of shows me that people get mad at whatever. People get mad at free a lot in twenty twenty five, because you didn't pay for this. This wasn't a big deal here for you financially. But they got mad because in the middle of the game they said, ladies and gentlemen, we'll be back to the Dodgers Blue Jays game very soon. I'd like you to welcome the Jonas Brothers. AH, and the Jonas Brothers came out on stage. Oh wait, they must have flown in for this. They were just here, were they? I guess they did that? Yeah? Could they went out there? They played over the weekend during the World Series, and they did. Of all the people doing you monsters, you monsters, you whiners, a world full of whiners, free things. You're like, just change the channel and go back. The band goes up there, the Jonas Brothers, and they played a tribute to cancer survivors. Okay, what a bunch of dicks. Wow, how unbelievably rude. People said, you stopped the game for a performance. I'm sorry, this isn't the super Bowl. Somebody said there's no halftime show, so ridiculous. Somebody else said why these guys? Why now? And whenever I hear this kind stuff, I'm like, imagine being this person, like, imagine this is your life. The game will be back on after two Jonas Brothers songs. Chill out and listen to sos or whatever it is.
Speaker 7: Was this like the seventh inning stretch? I think, I think probably stretch for this game last night? Did they get another stretch when you go eighteen innings, which is two regular sized baseball games.
Speaker 5: Calls for a second stretch.
Speaker 1: See fourteenth inning stretch and Peela, take me to the tell me out of the ball game. Take me out of the ball game.
Speaker 5: You're a diehard fan.
Speaker 4: You pregamed and you're gonna stay until the end of it.
Speaker 5: How hammered are you?
Speaker 1: TMZ Sport.
Speaker 7: TMZ Sports has like some story about how Jerry O'Connell was like tweeting and stuff from the stands and was like I'm not leaving, but he's but really had to poop, but he thought that if he went to the bathroom that's when somebody would score and he would miss the game.
Speaker 1: And then there's another tweet that just has like Jason, please tell me, Please tell me Jerry O'Connell crapped his pants at the game and make it back.
Speaker 7: There's there's one tweet that's funny because Jason Bateman, I guess, has like you know, he's got Jason Bateman seating. Of course, yeah, he's got them SmartLess mobile seats. And it's like, I think Jason has had enough of this game and it's just.
Speaker 1: His hats kind of pulled a little bit and just like slunk down in his seat in the eighteenth inning of the game a bit much. Well, this tweet was at two to eleven AM. So jeesus, man, that's a lot. Anybody who watched that let us know. Was it really a gripping, enthralling game? You tell us. Somebody says, I love the Jonahs Brothers. Their song bye Bye Bye is great. No, you guys are missing all of their songs. No, no, no, no, no no no. I mean, I will tell you. If you're gonna get stuck in a ballpark for eighteen innings, there's probably never been a better time for it. The stadiums are so much nicer now, the food is so much better than it used to be. It's just gonna cost you eight billion dollars on credit card.
Speaker 5: I'm sure the World Series ticket anyway.
Speaker 1: I don't know, though, like I don't.
Speaker 7: They might shut those outlets down because those people probably assuming by a certain inning that's time to cut off alcohol sales.
Speaker 1: They have time to it's time to stop serving food. You think the peanuts guy is just angering who've just tossed here?
Speaker 7: They might have dispatched out some extra beer tub dudes. But at some point, like during a normal game, you know, like if this is an NBA game, you're in the fourth quarter, there's so many minutes left, these restaurants are closing.
Speaker 1: Somebody says, is this true? Somebody says. Oh Tani's comment after the game was, I want to go home and go to sleep. If I sit the press or afterwards, I am totally done. I'm done for oh Man, you have to be a big baseball fan. You'd have to be a big bag, even bigger than Sea Liane pretends to be every once in a while with the Cubs. You'd have to never pretended that hard. That eighteen innings is a big that's a lot. Meanwhile, talking about these performers, the numbers are in and when we go back to the Super Bowl plans and Bad Bunny, here's what the latest polling data says. It says nearly half of Americans forty eight percent approve of the NFL's decision to have Bad Bunny perform at the Super Bowl, twenty nine percent disapprove, and twenty four percent didn't offer an opinion. Let me tell you, the twenty four percent just doesn't want to be mean. They are siding with the disapproved people, and they're like, no.
Speaker 5: I not an opinion.
Speaker 1: I got a non opinion on that.
Speaker 5: I don't like to see what that bad bunny does.
Speaker 1: There are big gaps when considering political party, race and age. It says Democrats want to see bad Bunny seventy four to ten percent. It's so weird that this would be political at all, Like that makes zero sense.
Speaker 5: At all, and twenty five it absolutely does.
Speaker 1: The idea that it's like, we must support bad Bunny, everybody on the party, we must support bad Bunny's performance. Independents are fifty two to twenty two and Republicans are sixty three to sixteen percent against disapproving of the pick of bad Bunny. Of Black Americans, sixty one percent are approving. Hispanic Americans sixty five percent of approving, who are the twenty percent of Hispanic so like, I hate him, No, man, no, I don't like bad Bunny. And white people forty one percent approved to thirty four percent disapprove. So now we know the biggest gap is eighteen to thirty four year olds sixty four percent approval over there and people sixty five and over thirty six percent approval the old those aren't super happy about it, but we shall see. Sean says, I don't Oh my god, I don't care about Bad Bunny. I just won't watch. Well, that's that should be the move, you know. It's like, I would never say I disapprove of Bad Bunny or anybody else that I didn't want to see performing. I would just say, that's not for me. I don't really care to watch that. And if there's something else, if there's another option, I would rather watch that on account of, like, you know English, but and I just am not a Bad Bunny fan, on account of like I don't understand what's going into songs, going on to the songs, but I wouldn't be like I disapprove of it. I don't care enough on that level, I don't think. But let us know what you think. I would rather see the Jonas brothers. I would rather see their cancer tour continue. I used to teach Dylan how to play guitar play sos by the Jonas Brothers. That's how I remembered that one. So I was into them for five or six seconds. I shouldn't say it that way. I know a Joe bro or whatever. I'm not a Joe Bro. No, No, I can't total Joe bro tips of the news Junkie dot Com. Anonymous emails the show this is about the end of the show yesterday, Good afternoon. Anonymous says, I grew up in New Hampshire and I graduated high school in nineteen seventy nine. My senior year, I played the donkey basketball game you talked about at my high school. The teams were made up of varsity girls and boys basketball player against the high school teachers. It was in the school gym and everybody was riding donkeys playing basketball. This type of game was very popular in the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 4: I'm in let's bring it back for the wh God, that sounds like a good time.
Speaker 1: Oh did they stop because it's mean to the donkeys or something can be putting on who's playing it. I don't want to whip the donkeys. I don't want to hurt the donkeys.
Speaker 4: If the donkeys do whatever they want, and that would be like even more challenging for the athletes.
Speaker 1: If we could put little like comfy shoes on them so like the court doesn't hurt them and they're good, that could be funny. I would be interested in it. I would be interested in to tryump. That's squeaky, you know, got the point across. But we'll take your email to tips of the news Junkie dot com. Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. More people talking about this is another person. Andrews says, Sean donkey basketball was very popular in the nineteen nineties when I was in high school. It was generally high school teachers versus middle school teachers, or occasionally teachers versus students. To protect the basketball court. There were sheets of plywood laid down on the court with lion's painted on the plywood. The donkeys rarely cooperated and the teachers would have to drag the donkeys up and down the court. The games were pure comedy. They ultimately stopped the games because of too many teachers getting injured, says Andrew, Thank you, Andrew. In Pennsylvania they find all these donkeys. I don't know they're a donkey guy? No, maybe I don't know. I mean, does a mule count too? Or is that that's a different category. I guess right, that's half horse? Or is a honky you're a honky?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of those like hybrids and they should all be welcomed if they do want to play, and I don't know if they do. Mark says, damn, Sean, I'm offended for you. That Trump attack was totally uncalled for. I'm done, final straw, I'm leaving. I can't believe you would say this about you. Thank you, Mark, I appreciate you backing me up. Friend. And this person's a Hey Junkies professional pilot. Here. The reason why the eight hundred and ninety three mega what is it? Millibars? Millibar reading? And the reading, yeah, is important has to do with the winds. Winds come from differentials and pressure over a certain distance, kind of like a slide. This deeper the drop, the faster the slide. The same applies here. Standard pressure is one thy and thirteen millibars, so a differential of eight hundred and ninety three over a few dozen miles is huge. I'll take your word for it. Eight hundreds, he says, are unheard of. Have a good day, Wiggles and Pops, so thank you for that. Keep yours coming in, join the show, tell us what you got on your mind or add to it just like that. Tips tips at Thenewsjunki dot Com. I have to unveil the spookiest thing about Halloween this year. It's going to get very spooky when we come back. That is coming up next on the news, Chunkie. We'll get to your feedback, dispatches, emails, all that good stuff. But I think one thing that's been lost in America besides shame, the shame factor, which really needs to be brought back in the United States of America. Shame in your culture, having like a healthy amount of shame for looking like a fool in public, or being wrong about something, or you know, you know, needing to engage in some sort of violence to make yourself feel like a fulfilled person with zero impulse control. All these things separate like better societies from worse societies. And I think at the end of the day, another thing that we're missing out on is we've forgot and when to shut up. Sometimes just shutting up is a good idea. All right, And I'll explain to you what's going on. Utilizing the situation in Jamaica where a historically powerful Category five storm. I believe that the expert we heard earlier, the meteorologists said there were gusts over two hundred miles per hour. Okay, in this Hurricane Melissa that is hitting Jamaica today. And when I say that there's times when you should shut your mouth, I'm referring specifically to some of the American tourists that are in Jamaica right now loudly complaining on social media that their vacations have been ruined. And I'm thinking you maybe maybe just find a safe spot and chill maybe just chill out, because could you imagine the inverse of that happening where a bunch of people who are like vacationing in let's say Florida or something, and a catastrophic storm comes in, Like we were trying to go to Disney World.
Speaker 5: And we're like, we waned it money back.
Speaker 1: Oh, We're trying to protect our homes and keep our family safe. And you know, we'll find find a different time to complain about that.
Speaker 4: I told you about that girl that popped up on my TikTok was like, there's no more commercial flights out, So is there anyone that can come pick us on?
Speaker 5: Please please common below?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, what a normal ask? Yeah, it's very very normal. Ass You might want to if you're you're in somebody else's country and there's a catastrophic event taking place, just chill out, like take take a little bit of a backseat, not center yourself and be like, oh man, frownie face, Hurricane Melissa, I'm not able to go out and drink at the bars today. Well, this is why. This is some footage from moments ago. She's got trees down, big winds whipping up in Jamaica. And this is not even the worst. Yeah, it's for a little while ago. It's very very low visibility. I'll put this up on see it now here in just a moment. Oh boy.
Speaker 4: The experts said, like they're also at risk for like storm surge or it's just going to be wind and rain damage. I mean, with the amount of rain coming through, obviously there will be some flooding. But are we now going to see, you know, the ocean at your second story window like with other hurricanes.
Speaker 1: The only thing I would say about that because I'm just like, that's zero depth there. But I would say that from our experience going there, I do remember Jamaica having pretty decent elevation, right, Like I think in spots places, yeah, I think it like has some pretty decent elevation, which may help them, I would guess when things get really.
Speaker 7: Really bad out there. But it's whipping up pretty bad. It does say catastrophic winds, rain, flooding, and storm surge.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's really Yeah, So this footage is up now, check it out on See It Now over on the news junkie dot com and the menu you'll see see it Now and you can see the visuals that we talk about on the show. There goes that pretty wild to see somebody's saying I miss hurricane days. Yeah, I mean not like this. Yeah, I want that. It's not a good time. And I know sometimes you guys are like, oh, you guys will do a hurricane broadcast. It's not that it's not fun or anything, but they're only fun when it's not really really doing some catastrophic damage. So that's why we're keeping an eye on this Hurricane Melissa today and we'll continue to do so. All right, let's see here there is a spooky revelation about Halloween this year. And this is on top of a couple of things I've seen out then. And one thing I've seen is there's a new batch of stories that have come out this year that are suggesting that Halloween can have like a negative mental impact on a bunch of people. I was like, who what it like? What did you see?
Speaker 5: Family was murdered on Halloween?
Speaker 1: All right, sixty I would get that. I would get that, But what is it the costumes or just the spooky holiday. The scariest thing for a lot of Americans is the increase in the price of candy. It's more expensive, they say than previously. Families will be spending three point nine billion dollars on Halloween candy in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: That's so much money.
Speaker 1: Kind of astonishing. It's kind of astonishing. And I don't know what percentage of the overall candy companies like profits and revenue come in from Halloween, but I imagine it's a decent chunk. It's a huge thing for them. And that's why you have all these other companies, like even Mister Beasts and other competing companies trying to get their candy out there. I know Ryan Trehan, the YouTuber, he's got his like, uh sugar like sugar free candy or whatever it is that he has, like, uh these sour things and they're pushing really big to get those out there for Halloween. It's a lot of money, man, But with this story in mind, I can tell you that wasn't bad for us. What we got. They had these big bags of candy with like all the different mini bars, all the different mains like kit Kat, many, Snickers, many whatever. They had big bags of those for buy one, get one, And we just snagged a whole bunch of those. And I think it was twenty bucks or so, twenty sabby thirty bucks tops, I would guess thirty bucks tops to get enough candy for everybody that comes in the neighborhood. Now, we're fortunate enough that we don't get the absolute hailstorm of people that a lot of you do, where you're like, no, that would never make it.
Speaker 5: For that man, it's wild.
Speaker 4: And then this morning I had a neighbor ask if they could give me bags of candy so long as I tell the kids coming up that it's from the neighbors who are not going to be at.
Speaker 5: Their house, right yeah, yeah, So yeah, I said, yeah, of course, you did you already?
Speaker 1: Bud? Here was did you already? Did you already buy candy for Halloween?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: Not yet, No, not yet.
Speaker 4: We're gonna just yeah, last minute dollar store it. I'm going to see what I have in my like prize luggage that I usually bring with me for karaoke gigs. Oh well, boy full of peanuts and kids.
Speaker 1: If experience is to you might be getting well. Sunscreen used to be a big thing that we had in the promotion closet. I think that was what we have, Bottles of Sun's great, little kid, You're going to need it eventually, so just stack up on those Okay.
Speaker 5: Flat bracelets. We have those weird like gummy hands.
Speaker 1: She's big on the slap bracelets this year. The slap racelets are.
Speaker 5: Why am I big on it? Because I bought them in bulk.
Speaker 7: Real radio fidget spinners. What is flap bracelets?
Speaker 1: What? What is it?
Speaker 4: We've been hosting karaoke before sports started football style. That was like after you sang and go in the prize box and people loved the slap bracelets.
Speaker 1: How many slap racelets did you purchase?
Speaker 5: Oh it was. It came in a big kit I've probably gotten rid.
Speaker 1: Of at least I didn't say that. How many did you buy? How many did you purchase? Overall? One hundred, about a hundred, You about a hundred.
Speaker 5: A giant pack.
Speaker 1: Well, they often do. You bought a hundred slap bracelets. And now this is what kids in your neighborhood going to get for Halloween.
Speaker 4: They're also going to get some savvyes, little helper, ash trays and lighters that.
Speaker 10: I can't.
Speaker 1: You can't give them as.
Speaker 5: A little blame.
Speaker 1: There's no non bad use for it. Actual the kids can't have rolling papers.
Speaker 5: We'll give it to the adults.
Speaker 1: Then that is more from mommy and Daddy, more fine than the other option. Vanny emails the show tips at the newsjunkie dot com. He says, hello junkies, Sean, I agree with you. Oh what does he agree with me on? I used to be on the side of the Democrats keeping the government closed until they get funding for Obamacare. Once you said the Republicans won and we need to deal with it, the light bulb went on. Open the government and increase the insurance rates so Americans can see what they voted for. Maybe this will encourage people to vote in the midterms. Well maybe I see your sarcasm. Maybe it will. I mean, that's the truth of the matter. Is the American people will see somebody to blame, and whoever wins the blame game will probably have some minor advantage, even though it's a lot of time from now in the midterm elections. Everything else I said on this ice by one thousand percent, because it's just true. You know, you can't get more than one hundred percent of the Republicans to vote on extending the budget. They all have voted on it. You can't get any more than that. So if you want the Democrats to fight here, and you're okay with squeezing forty million Americans in the middle of that political fight, okay, because that's what you're doing. If you're okay with squeezing forty million Americans who will lose access to money to buy food for their kids, these are poor people. If doing a performative stunt in this moment is worth those people hurting, then do it. Do it, and then take it as far as you want to. That's the calculated move that you're going to have to make and is being made here. And we'll see in the long run if that pays off for you. But I want these folks because I don't happen to think even though I think forty million people is way too many to be on snap. We should make sure people are trying to get jobs and stuff. I think there are a lot of people out there that greatly benefit from this, and many of US Americans benefit from them getting some assistance too, right. They got to get it from from somewhere. It's just a fact of life. You need the safety net. I really believe in that, truly. Also, we've got more of these, Jesus. The amount of lightning coming out of Hurricane Melissa is pretty astonishing, and I don't know that I've ever seen so when I'm looking at something like a radar of a hurricane like this and they show me that wall, you know, the wall of the eye of the storm. Is this like when they show me photos of outer space and there's some sort of they're altering it in some way or is the Is the eye wall literally that perfect on this storm because it looks like.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you look at the the hurricane plane what's the name of it again, Hurricane hunter, Hurricane hunter plane, when they hit that, like I will, it looks like heaven sec Yeah, I completely and almost chillingly relaxed and beautiful.
Speaker 1: I just saw this. Is this it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Here it does. This is crazy.
Speaker 5: I'll put this up on seatle it tell us a perfect circle, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It really is. I mean that's just an effect of the weather and the wind in that area. It literally looks like a perfect circle in the middle of Hurricane Melissa. And this is the hurricane Hunter cruising over. Jesus Man. That's so absolutely strange. We'll get this up on see It now as well, and I'll put that up during the break here. You can join us on the show with your dispatches. Let us know what you think about all of this. Fire off a comment to tips at the news junki dot com if you want to be anonymous. Put that up on top. When we come back at some point here, we'll get into the update because they cracked the case of these scary clowns at the people's front door that were threatening them. They cracked the case. I got the info and we'll talk about that in just a little bit. More about influencers in Jamaica really making some dumb decisions, and a bunch more when we come back that we'll get to, including right off the jump, a massive house party that spiraled out of control. What happened? Wait till you hear this. It's coming up next. And then to use junk kie fun moment, I imagine. But if you imagine that you're having a bad day, I want you to picture this. There is a Delta flight attendant, Delta Airlines flight attendant that was at the Pittsburgh International Airport and was working on some things and accidentally hit a button and that button deployed the emergency slide at the airport, which was obviously they were not supposed to do that. And when you do that.
Speaker 4: Accidentally hit that, I imagine that the button says slide.
Speaker 1: There's there's like a there's an area that is close to the side of the plane where the door is, and I guess there's some sort of button there that they can accidentally hit. And in twenty six years of flying experience, this person had never done this, but he accidentally raised this handle up. When you raise the handle up, it deploys this emergency slide. And then not only are you in trouble from Delta your employer, but it costs two hundred thousand dollars. They say, Tom, what, I think that sounds crazy too, But that's what it says. It says costing the airline two hundred thousand dollars. I think they might be including in what I'm looking at sea lane and like the cost to rebook passengers and stuff, so not just the slide or whatever, or but some things that are maybe associated with it.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this says the expensive error could cost the airline as much as two hundred thousand dollars for passengers, hotel, accommodations, and repacking the slide back into the airplane, which could cost twelve thousand dollars on its own. The other other industry sources put the cost to repack an emergency slide on an Airbus A two twenty model between fifty thousand and one hundred thousand dollars. How do we get in that business?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Also want to be in the slide repacking business.
Speaker 4: That employee gets fired or they're going to take it out of his paycheck for the next forty years.
Speaker 1: They got it just they're they're going to just make him bleed over a long period of time, I would guess, or they.
Speaker 7: Just they get to take all the bad shifts. Yeah, they get put on the flights that have the drunkest people.
Speaker 1: You're in. You're you're like the point person.
Speaker 7: Like just find all of the bachelorette party or bachelor party destinations and just make this person fly in and out of there all the time.
Speaker 1: Exactly. So, if you think you're having a bad day at work today, it could be worse. You could make a two hundred thousand dollars mistake. I would encourage you not to, but I'm just telling you that you you could, speaking of work, one thing going megaviral today on a social media's and being passed around here, there.
Speaker 8: And everywhere seventeen million views.
Speaker 1: I'll put this up on see it now. They debuted JP Morgan's new office and it looks like the most dystopian healthscape you have ever seen in your entire life.
Speaker 5: You have a pink pong table or a.
Speaker 1: Grad welcome to work, Take a seat, here you go. It's right here, and oh just real, this is real. This is inside their office of this new JP Morgan facility, and everybody is in this big ass row.
Speaker 5: It looks like a nightmare.
Speaker 1: It's like a stadium of like it's not cubicles, but it's just like workstation after workstation after work open.
Speaker 5: Space, but it seems like everyone's going to be sad.
Speaker 1: It's it's terrible. I would not want to work in the middle of this. But this is what it looks like at JP Morgan's HQ, which is part of a sixty story Skyscap scraper with desks for ten thousand employees. And I loved one of the comments I saw, which was, like, imagine ripping the email nothing new from my end from row six, seat twenty three in the middle of this JP Morgan people fat Do.
Speaker 5: They all stand up at the same time and go to lunch. I guess I go to sit down and just like robots.
Speaker 1: Like everybody has to have and I know Selim will like this. Actually everybody has to have four monitors. It's like a quad monitor thing. And I'm grabbing this right now as I'm talking, so you could see this money.
Speaker 7: If they're going to build an office that looks like that, why give them all four monitors? Why not just give them all one big monitor each?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, you could do that, right, I'm sure JP Morgan putting this up over on c It nowt new offices. It's incredibly dystopient. But maybe you this is a dream job for you, Like, Yes, that's what I want to be. I want to be Like what are the Bees and the b movie? That's what I want my job to be. Take a look at that. It's over on see it now right now at thenews junkie dot com. All right, we'll get into some of your dispatches. You can easily join us on the show. Record yours over on the website thenewsjunkie dot com and we'll pull some of those in. But I saw a story about a party gone wrong, and I'm not sure how people are still getting caught up in this. But if you're an airbnb host, I want to hear from you on this, because somebody rented in Airbnb, this time in DeLand, Florida, and they had a rager party, a rager party with well over one hundred people, alcohol everywhere, fights breaking out everywhere. It was probably with an Airbnb that they were using at the center of all of this.
Speaker 4: I could not find one Airbnb within many, many miles.
Speaker 5: That would allow parties, so I did this without permission.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that they're breaking the rules to do this. The people who threw this promised for Halloween. Of course, a killer party. Right, that's how they advertise it all over social media and stuff. It's a killer party, show up at this place. The two alleged promoters are facing twenty eight charges each after a fight broke out. The homeowner says the chaos has made him rethink ever renting out his property again because of what happened here. The bond said, on these folks at two thousand dollars. Two people organized and promoted the event, and this kind of stuff happens all over it, says murder house. This is the flyer. Let's have a killer party. Eighteen plus. According to the Sheriff's office, one hundred and eleven people were found inside the home.
Speaker 11: The rent a venue man, They well, you might, I don't know what would would You'd have to have like alcohol permits and stuff like you have to have license if you want to do that side of things.
Speaker 5: That but that kind of comes in the package of it.
Speaker 1: All this. In warehouses, they would just they would have like a.
Speaker 5: Warehouse airplane hangars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some big open space and they would slightly decorate it and you'd pay money to go in.
Speaker 4: Do they charge people, yes, Yeah, So they were charging that could have been avoided gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a two am and they got all sorts of calls about this and they received noise complaints like crazy, We've all kind of gone through something like this. I mean, I remember when I was younger. I don't know whose house it was, but there was a party. It was kind of It was one of the craziest parties I went to. They had every buddy park at the elementary school where I went to school. I went to HL Johnson Elementary School and roll Upon Beach, Florida, and they had us park in their parking lot. Then they had a shuttle bus that came over. We were all underage drinking. They had a shuttle bus that came over and picked us up from the parking lot.
Speaker 7: Who was operating the shuttle bus this eight year old, the young people, the twenty something people that were throwing this rager party, and the shuttle bus would quietly.
Speaker 1: They tell everybody on the bus to be quiet, to be quiet. They'd pull up to this house, they'd unload. You weren't allowed to say anything as you went in the line and you paid, and then they would let you into the house and the house was like completely sound proofd you went into the house and it sounded like there was a crazy ass rave going on outside of the house, almost nothing to be heard. Secretly this huge party going on, and there wasn't cars all over the place because there wasn't shuttle in. Crazy man, Actually a wild done.
Speaker 7: I threw a party where everybody had to park at the YMCA that was just a short walk from my apartment.
Speaker 5: I had day at the park of the church.
Speaker 1: Okay, look at.
Speaker 5: Using people that weren't invited to them.
Speaker 1: Now all you need is that Airbnb and it's somebody else's problem afterwards. So airbnb hosts, let us know it's true that could be done. I've seen it. If you've tried this out, or if you had this happen to you, let us know. Send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Let's see here a couple of emails coming in. This is a podcaster from fort Worth, Texas, Dina Deanna. I hope I didn't get your name wrong. Dnah. Hey guys, I'm a podcaster, so I'm a day or so behind. Normally. You talked about haunted car washes and we love going to ours, mainly because we have young kids. That are too young for real houses. And also I'm a big weenie for things that are scary. Ours is twenty dollars a car. We load up the suv with everybody. The line is always about twenty minutes or so to get in, and the kids love it because nobody puts their hands on them or anything. But there's mys and stuff at the car wash and they said they absolutely love it. Happy Halloween and keep up the good work, guys. We got a good work, not just a work from Deanna from Fort Worth, Texas. Thank you for the email.
Speaker 7: I think a haunted car washer is a fantastic idea, except that car washes generally aren't that huge.
Speaker 1: You're paying twenty bucks.
Speaker 7: To go very quick from one side of the car wash to the other side of the car wash.
Speaker 1: It's it smart money for them. Sure, everything about a car washer smart money. No, I've better or don't break it? Was breaking bad? Was breaking bad when he had that? Well one more for now, here's Steve who says, hey, Sean, I don't know if he saw this story, but a guy grew a one thousand, nine hundred and twelve pound pumpkin and he smashed his car with it. Look this up ceiling to see if there's anything about this on nine and twelve pound pumpkin. He smashed his car with it because he said if he grew a pumpkin that weighed more than his car, he would smash the car with the pump Wow. Anyway, there's cool video of it out there. Sorry I don't have a link. Thanks a lot, Steve love the show, says Steve. Thank you. Steve appreciate the feedback.
Speaker 4: And the email has a whopping eight hundred and fifty views.
Speaker 5: That'll take care of a car and no time.
Speaker 1: Uh no, you found this this is or you didn't find it. I'm looking for it. Nineteen hundred and twelve pound pumpkin. Oh, see if I can find it. But that sounds like, I guess an interesting thing. Aurora firefighter. I don't know if this is the same person. We'll dig it up. We'll try to see if we can surface that and bring it forward for everybody. We're going to take quick break when we come back. We've got a crazy rescue caught on tape that we got to get to at some point in time. We have to talk about a shocking new piece of information from the world's top scientist, and we'll keep an eye on everything happening in Jamaica. It's a wild day there right now, two hundred mile per hour wind. Gus. We'll peek back in. That's coming up next on the news, Junke Keye. You can check that out the website that is, and every piece of information you might want to know about the show at thenewsjunkie dot com. People get mad at these stories. I get it. I mean, I understand why they would get mad at these stories. But Kelsey Grammar, I guess just had his eighth kid at seventy years old. And well, I mean, is he still working like he was? I don't know if he's still in stuff. I think he is. I think he might still know. He did like some Marvel stuff, right, Yeah, and he they rebooted that show, didn't they reboot Frasier for a period of time or something. He was on a pod Meets World podcast and he said, that is why I just gave birth to his new son, Christopher. He's seventy years old. This is his eighth child, and he now has Faith who's twelve years old, Gabriel ten years old, James eight years old. He has the newborn then he has a forty one year old son, a thirty three year old, a twenty three year old, and a twenty year old in his whole family.
Speaker 4: He's got six upcoming listings, baby, a little bit more than that to pay for all those children.
Speaker 1: The thing is, you just at that age, you got to pay somebody to help you. Seventy years old running around after a kid, seventy two years old running around after a kid like Jackson's age, Sylano.
Speaker 5: How old is alix?
Speaker 4: Alec is sixty seven? And I've only seen I think it was like the first three episodes of the Baldwin's reality show. And with seven children, I mean not including is oldest who is an adult, it looks.
Speaker 5: Like a nightmare.
Speaker 4: And they had two people helping and said the place was just not be enough.
Speaker 1: Having kids is great and you can round out a family and really enjoy yourself and you know all that stuff. But seventy years old, whoa, that's only for the rich. That's only a move for the really rich folks. And it's just this weird thing that happens because of how humanity works, because of how sex works. Guys can be like a million years old and still have a child, and you know women obviously at seventy what's the oldest woman to ever give birth? Sea line, Let's see world search Machine ever if and I'll give you an update on some we were talking about moments ago on the show.
Speaker 7: Oldest woman to ever give birth is aramaty Manga Yama. I delivered twin girls via C section in India in twenty nineteen at the age of seventy four.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, i'd have to music's the vitro okay, all right, it would have to be a section. Yeah, yeah, that's crazy man.
Speaker 5: That Jennifer was it.
Speaker 4: One of the actresses just had twins at like fifty yeah something. Danna Jackson hood baby at fifty something.
Speaker 1: Fifty is very different than seventy because, I pick, you're seventy and your kid is going to be toddling around for almost a decade, so you're going to be eighty with a little kid, and then now your kid is going to school and you're like, you look like the great great grandpa. That's the opposite of what I had when Dylan was born. I was eighteen when he was born, and when he was in elementary school and stuff. All the other parents thought I was his brother when I would be picking him up from school or dropping him off at school, because I was young at the time, very young. And this is the opposite end of that spectrum. You show up and you're like, I'm hand to pick up my and then oh, okay, jeez, well here's a great great Gret Gret Gret Greg Greg Greg Greg great grandson. He said, no, no, no, this is my kid. I had this kid Kelsey Grammer a dad for the eighth time. As long as he's got the resources, you know, I guess, do your thing. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch at the news junkie dot com update on what we were discussing. Somebody vaguely emailed about this. His wife is forty six issue. God man, that's a big gap. Uh. This was the story somebody emailed about and Celane found some more details as a guy who grew a pumpkin. The pumpkin got so big that he made a bet, and the bet was that if the pumpkin weighs more than his car, he'll drop it on his car. And whoever said this was right, and the footage is kind of good. I put it up on see it now all right, I'll put it up on see now. But he put his car out there. I'm guessing this wasn't his daily driver on account of it's a geometrouh is a car he's had for like thirty five years. I read it.
Speaker 5: This was the send with the guitar, had for like twenty Yeah, it looks.
Speaker 1: A little junked and here you go, Andy, the pumpkins flattened the car. Folks, that's insane. That's a splat.
Speaker 5: I loved that.
Speaker 1: This is up I see it now. I've never seen that before.
Speaker 7: I wish there was another angle of this where you could see the pumpkin waiting to be dropped.
Speaker 5: Because it's just like, yeah, they didn't like set up.
Speaker 1: It's on a crane. The pumpkin's on a crane. It was over one thousand pounds the pumpkin was. They dropped the pumpkin from the crane on this guy's car because that was the bet that he did, and it absolutely pancacked this vehicle. That thing isn't Wow. Oh, it's unbelievable. It's up on see it now. Go take a look at the at the actual video of this on you see it now section of the Neewsjunkie dot com. That's pretty cool. Can you imagine if that pumpkin went all bad inside and gross?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean, how many thousands of pounds?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: Two thousand?
Speaker 12: I think a nineteen something, nineteen twelve nineteen. It said that the guy was doing this for a while. It says, what do you do if you have an old, broken down car and a pumpkin that weighs more than it?
Speaker 1: You get a crane. You see what happened? One nine and seventeen pounds. Man, I want to do that. This is like a very particular world where these people grow these gigantic pumpkins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just completely smashed.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean you can't can you can't do anything else with one of those big pumpkins. You can't eat that. I wouldn't think.
Speaker 5: Maybe just can't make like a thousand pies.
Speaker 1: Out of that. I just this is probably wrong. So it couch this in every way possible. I'm not a food expert, but to me, it seems like when things get bigger, they don't usually get better food wise, right, So like if you have like a.
Speaker 7: Some of it is kind of like what it takes to cook it like something. They're like, there is a record size shrimp that we just found that weighs twelve pounds one shrimp. And you're like, yeah, but if you try to cook that, it's going to be very rubbery and gross. Yeah, less, maybe tell better. Let's maybe you sou eat it for a while, like for hours and hours.
Speaker 1: But I think I think there might be exceptions to my theory. But overall, I think like when things get too big, some taste is good.
Speaker 7: I have my theory in my head that I that I got a while ago was that there is a what you're saying, it was before your theory. I came up with this theory free theory. Don't don't be surprised if it sounds like the exact same theory. So, but but I came up with it before you.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: Theory in my head is that you have something like an avocado, and so there's only so much flavor dedicated to that one avocado, and the bigger it gets, the flavor just kind of spreads around. And then it's like, so like the haws avocados are nice and tiny, they are the most delicious ones.
Speaker 1: No, haas avocados are the good ones.
Speaker 5: Then I got four for you because I worda avocados not so much.
Speaker 7: They're not good, like they're like, oh, but it's the size of a football, and I'm like, and the whole thing taste gross, not great.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've ever ever told you about the second addendum to my food theory, which is that each food only has so much flavor for the size of the food, and if the food gets bigger, the flavor gets weaker. It's a new theory that's part of my theory.
Speaker 4: It's funny bringing that up because I had a food theory as well, and this is completely original, and I've been working on it for I think.
Speaker 5: Two and a half years. What we're talking about completely unrelated.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: But I've done the research and I put the money into it, and you get yourself anything like a pumpkin or an avocado, and the bigger that it gets, it's starting to lack enough flavor despite it looking just like the miniature version that's full of flames.
Speaker 1: Your problem is that you did any research that I didn't do any Like.
Speaker 5: My theory is just God gave it to you.
Speaker 1: Sound on its own. All the side things eating. We have a large audience right now. Is there anybody that can combat this theory? When food gets larger, it doesn't get better. Is there something that breaks this theory for us?
Speaker 4: You go, no, actually, Sewan, and if you make the world's biggest pizza, every slice is gonna taste like.
Speaker 5: Pizza, is it not?
Speaker 1: That's not the same thing.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: That was part of my study. So why don't you guys get some better food that one's bunk?
Speaker 1: Then in this in the theory that Sealan and I are coming up with here, and then I am definitely taking ownership of the like it's like a water melon or a potato, or even like a cow or you know, anything that's like an organic, alive thing. And if it gets bigger, I don't think it necessarily gets better. Like if you could eat a human and one was totally average sized human and one was astronomically big human.
Speaker 7: Well no, well I don't know, because you know, when you think of which one of us you'd like to eat, yeah, it's probably me.
Speaker 1: Uh that is flavor baby, Like, no, this is awkward for me. But I don't know if you would taste the best. I mean, I guess.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's only one way to find out nothing. No, no, go ahead, go ahead, where are you going with it?
Speaker 5: I would like put my theory to all right.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you could break the theory. Uh and they say doctor Watson's food there is yep, came up with it original. Anything that says it predates this neglect that just dismiss it, stiff arm it, including this potential sea land food theory. I think that this probably holds true. But we'll we'll have to have as.
Speaker 5: As a giant pumpkin we can have, right, I.
Speaker 1: Have somebody out there for sure. They make these things massive and not I mean, the two thousand pound one is just unbelievable. And I don't know is there some strategy to that? Like how do you make a pumpkin get two pounds?
Speaker 5: You just pump it up with steroids?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I know there's certain stuff you could do, like sometimes you can put if you put something in like a box, you can make it the shape of the you understand. It's talking about if you take a watermelon, you can make it a square, you know. Like, so some of those things happen, But how do you make a pumpkin two thousand pounds? That's the question.
Speaker 7: People grow giant pumpkins by starting with specialized seeds, giving the plant lots of space, which you were saying, like the box kind of thing, all right, and providing consistent water and a special fertilizer mix. This is starting to sound expensive. Oh they also it's it sounded to me like the opposite of bonds eye, you know. Okay, prune the vines to focus the plant's energy on a single pumpkin. So like I guess when you would normally grow pumpkins, there would be a bunch on.
Speaker 1: One vine, okay, and you just get warm.
Speaker 7: Just cut it off from doing that, so that all of the focus goes into the wood that make it a big, big pumpkin and protect it from pests and sun to allow it to reach its full size, sometimes gaining over thirty pounds a day.
Speaker 1: What the hell, that's insane. Thirty pounds a day is wild? Well, there you go. Take on our food theory. Prove us wrong here today, my food theory. This was a food theory that I've come up with on my own, and no outside influences have led me to these decisions. It doesn't have a name.
Speaker 5: Take to whose food theory do you go with, I'm out of the race. I just want to Gian pizza and that doesn't count.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, that's not that's not exactly connected, because you're saying if you take cooked and prepared foods and make them larger, although I would also something less good, I would argue that that makes them less good too, like the world's largest burger is not going to be.
Speaker 5: Good, probably not even cooked all the way.
Speaker 1: Let's go honest, disgusting. It's anyhow, there's your theory poke holes in that. If you can look at us dispatch already theorybuster dispatches rolling in. People shut up incredibly eager to say what this is a problem right here? Let us know. Send your dispatch over to thenews junkie dot com when we come back the next episode with Sabrina. What's coming up on the next ste episode?
Speaker 5: What's coming.
Speaker 4: Hollywood keeps spinning the wheel of unoriginal ideas, and we've landed on something starring Margot Robbie doing murder stuff stuff. Halloween is days away, which means I've got all the movies, TV shows, songs, characters and everything in between to get your spook on. Baby us Courtney Kardashian is doing God's work. If God was a gynecologist, I'll then so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next. In the news junkie, we're watching Hurricane Melissa. It is not good to be in Jamaica right now for once. It is a Category five storm that is just lashing the West coast, in particular of Jamaica vacationers. They are really struggling. The influencers whose vacations have been ruined are the true victims here. That's what's really going on. The secondary victims are the people who had to stay at that baseball game for eighteen innes m'connell.
Speaker 7: You know, I get it, man, those are the they're tough times. I had a Jerry O'Connell moment you know earlier today, I did you. Yeah, I had to go to the other floor because somebody was using this one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how did you make it through that them to get out? Yeah, it's tough. It's tough, you say, do you know who I am? You know, I don't go to the other floor. I try not to talk to people there. Yeah, wow, why would you do that? All right, let's get into it. Here we go, Let's do the next episode, because there's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about? You got an angel with you right now. I'm too old for this. S nice, It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 5: Hey, too old.
Speaker 4: Smoke, hold up the next episode brought to you by that more mortgage guy on that mortgage guy Don dot com and of course non radio show. If you're looking to refinance buy your first Haunted, how.
Speaker 5: Do you guys? Just climax or.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll be back in just a moment. How quick he is with a tournament.
Speaker 5: It's also just a.
Speaker 1: Puff of powder.
Speaker 4: Boom, rusted that mortgage guy Don dot com to get the uh the house party started, and not the one that gets arrested but gets your dream home or refinancing that beautiful dream home you own.
Speaker 5: That mortgage guy, don do miss the voc.
Speaker 1: Mortgage duck. Yeah, take out a heelock and you can fund one hell of a rager. Nice one blowout.
Speaker 5: Cash out for back taxes or triple gigs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: It was sixty four years ago, nineteen sixty one shown you remember this?
Speaker 1: So I was not alive. You were alive, owner, Would you say again what year you were?
Speaker 5: I was a nineteen sixty one.
Speaker 1: I was not alive. You've just convinced me. For half a second, I was like, well, I guess I wasn't.
Speaker 4: A record store owner by the name of Brian Epstein unrelated DVD to a cousin named Jeff. However, it was sixty four years ago they received a request for a customer for a song called My Bonnie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my dad loved this song from and your mom's.
Speaker 5: Name was Bonnie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you love the song first of the mom first?
Speaker 1: He just it was like a song that they had together. I wouldn't say it was their song, but because my mom's name was Bonnie, they would.
Speaker 5: Pay as a song too.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, that's a good song.
Speaker 7: Run around, Sue. But it's about a whoror so my mom. They really loved that song very much.
Speaker 4: Well, I have so many inappropriate comments mother Lane shout out love your girl from It was an obscure group at the time called the let me try to read this write Beatles.
Speaker 1: The Beatles. I've heard of us, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he had not Brian Epstein never heard of them as a matter of fact, but he soon became they're what twelve points?
Speaker 5: That is correct?
Speaker 1: All right? Okay?
Speaker 5: What other options would there have been?
Speaker 1: I do not know, Rody Yeah, if all the all the spots in the band are filled, you know, rock and roll? Baby.
Speaker 4: Speaking of rock and roll, one of the bands that is considered one of the heavier legends of our generation, maybe even the generation behind us, is a band called Slippy Natty.
Speaker 1: I've heard of him, Yeah, I've heard of the slip knots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and nothing is more metal than the Witney used.
Speaker 7: He used in challenge? Is what I think it is from some of the videos I've seen.
Speaker 1: I I really like it. It's a it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: I never heard this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sunny.
Speaker 4: The article the video should be there of Slipknot participating in the Whitney Houston challenge.
Speaker 1: Is this actual Slipnot or slip Knot tribute ban or which one is? It's actual slip It's real slip now. Okay, all right, here they are. Do you know what the challenges?
Speaker 13: Pause?
Speaker 7: No, I don't know anything about it. Do you know this part of the song, it's the ah, I wish you love and then there's a big pause and you have to actually time of the drum.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now, Celia and I could do it because.
Speaker 1: We're I don't know, the counting is weird on it, but I don't take Sean.
Speaker 4: Could Sean is like a little bit more delayed, just a little bit listeners back down.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think. I don't. I mean, I could count it out and then I would probably know you're talking about the technical delays, but.
Speaker 5: I mean ceiling. If you want to cue it.
Speaker 1: Up, well you don't even have to sing, you just have to hit the drums.
Speaker 4: To hit the drum because you don't have a drum, you have to say, but this is not being it and they nailed it.
Speaker 1: Let's see how well they're doing okay as getting ready? Oh oh, there's another part.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize. I want to people were in the band.
Speaker 1: You got it, buddy. They score them on how close they're getting.
Speaker 4: So maybe uh, one of these days I can try, because I do think Sean would.
Speaker 14: Be a good.
Speaker 1: Well, I will tell you, I think that seems so much easier than doing what Whitney Houston does. After that part, yeah, that is hard to write there. You don't look like you're shivering.
Speaker 7: That's the thing I always noticed crack watching watching the music video for that, I was like, why is she shivering?
Speaker 1: Is she cold?
Speaker 4: Just like that guy is taking a small nap on the sidewalk by the seven eleven, he's tired. Congratulations to slip Knot, and congratulations to Janelle Monet, who has apparently gone back in time very god non chalantly. It was at this point I would have played the Back to the Future theme song, but unfortunately that did not pop up in time, so we're gonna have to sing it three to two one.
Speaker 5: Back into the future. You ome. Janelle Monee she cray or she legitimately a time traveler.
Speaker 4: She had discussed in an interview with singer Lucy Dakas Dakas Dakis for.
Speaker 5: The Rolling Stone. She revealed that she has the power of time travel.
Speaker 4: I don't believe her necessarily, but all right, I will believe this. She traveled back to the nineteen seventies and she saw, of.
Speaker 1: All people, this person, David Bowie.
Speaker 5: David Bowie is right, five more points on sea lanes.
Speaker 1: Bucket, bucket.
Speaker 5: It's a point bucket.
Speaker 1: Everybody keeps the point bucket show. What the hell I didn't know. I was just keeping them around. I didn't have any place to put them in.
Speaker 4: Said she saw David Bowie do the Rise in the Fall of Ziggy start Us and Uh the Spiders.
Speaker 5: From Mars and it was incredible. I was backstage.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is what I want to do, And so I jetted back to the two thousands and I was like, I can have the musical, make the music, create the lyrics, create the community around the transformation and being queer, and not even just in sexuality, but in how we see the world end quote.
Speaker 5: I would love to be a fly on the wall.
Speaker 4: With that interviewer, it was like, okay, so what do we have to look forward to in your upcoming tour. This was a video interview and you could see Lucy trying to decide how to handle it.
Speaker 5: But I guess you have to watch the rest of the video to see how she does. Or maybe Janew's back in time somewhere And.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Back to the Future, Gibson is celebrating the fortieth anniversary of Back to the Future with a pair of new Brace Yourselves, Get on the edge of your seat, but you won't need the whole thing. What's the phrase they're gonna it's.
Speaker 1: A whole seat, but you'll only need the edge.
Speaker 5: A pair of new Es Dash three four or five models.
Speaker 1: Lo no idea what that means.
Speaker 5: Neither do I seeling.
Speaker 7: It's the guitar that Marty McFly plays at the enchantment under the seed dance.
Speaker 5: Oh parts in the.
Speaker 4: Bucket heard Cherry red Es Dash three four five? Is am I even saying that in a cool way?
Speaker 5: Or are you supposed to be like S three under forty five?
Speaker 1: Probably just three forty five.
Speaker 4: It's the film's iconic school dance scene, Chuck Barry Johnny be Good. That was also back in time and shortly before he asked that prostitute to give it a little kiss about pH And they're going to sell those the new models epiphone, the other Gibson replica, perfect replicate actually of Marty's legendary S three five.
Speaker 1: You know, I believe they just re released the Back to the Future movie. I think that they put that back out there.
Speaker 9: They put it in.
Speaker 1: I thought I saw something about that, because it's the fifty something of the forty fortieth anniversary of the movie. Still popular to this day. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Now, since you're interested ceiling and a guitar player, would you rather the Gibson or.
Speaker 5: The epiphone model?
Speaker 1: Always the Gibson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to give a guess on how much that's gonna run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Apple phone less Paul's are usually like pretty cheap in comparison to like a Gibson less Paul.
Speaker 5: We'll call that. Yeah, the Gibson model, I do have a price for it.
Speaker 4: And of course, this being the replica from Back to the Future and the chuck Berry dance scene.
Speaker 1: Is Marvin Berry and the star Lighters.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry or were they covering a Chuck Berry song?
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of.
Speaker 5: I yield my time. I yield my time. Do you want the Gibson model because that's going to retail?
Speaker 14: Cool?
Speaker 4: I know, dude, nineteen thousand, nine, ninety nine dollars, twenty dollars and epiphone sets you back a cool yeah, happy kind of an epiphone rocking out everybody. And finally, I'll leave you with this because it is relative to what we've talked about on the show. Pumpkins are here. It is Halloween time, and look at this big ass Ausie pumpkin, I mean to hang on.
Speaker 1: I think you pulled this up five.
Speaker 4: Hundred pounds Ozzy Osbourne pumpkin on display at an Indiana garden shop. Here's the thing. It's being called Benjamin Franklin. Frank it was intended to be the Prince of Darkness.
Speaker 7: Also, is that a microphone in front of it? Because it looks a little penis.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So there you have it.
Speaker 4: And uh, now we just to find a crappy car to smash it with the pumpkin that is on the boop Tube.
Speaker 5: We've got Game four. They won't no Game.
Speaker 1: Four, Jesus Christ. Game four, The World Series.
Speaker 4: Yield my Time, The Dodgers and the Blue Jays, Dancing with the Stars, It's Halloween Nights Only, Murders in the Building, fifth season finale, uh Mo amor Wild World stand up special.
Speaker 5: On Netflix, Mo and More, It's Mo and More.
Speaker 1: I might check it out.
Speaker 4: Liam Hemsworth's gonna be on Fallon, Follow Your Dreams and Me on Instagram and Sabrina Ambra and I recall my time.
Speaker 5: I'm a politician.
Speaker 1: This is when you yield your time. This is uh, I have no more time to yield time. Yielding of the time here. Thank you, so bring out. When we come back, we will hear from you. A lot of people are giving us their feedback and yours is next. Record your dispatch over on the news Junkie dot com or send an email tips at the news junky dot com. Here's the thing, all right, more updates on the hurricane lashing Jamaica. Some pretty crazy updates coming in. And the case of those characters, those clowns, those freaky people that came up and made threats through a doorbell camp it has been cracked. They had a press conference. I've got that. The press conference. They've uncovered what was really going on here. So this happens from time to time on the show. But we'll know the entirety of this story. For those of you who missed this, I'll give you the recap before the press conference is coming up next on the news junk Kie. Let me bring it back. Here's the best way to do this. I'll bring up the original footage that started this because some of you don't remember this story. And there was a house where their door rang. They went to the doorbell and there were these incredibly spooky, creepy characters that showed up at the door. Here it is right here. They rang the doorbell and then they started with all sorts of threats from the front yard. And they're dressed up in these really really spooky costumes. The people at the house said, oh my god. And they called the police and talk to them or they're like yeah, yeah, yeah, they were threatening through the door. They were like, then here's one of the creepy costumes right here, very very weird clown costume. So they were saying we're gonna get you, We're gonna get you, stuff like this, and the cops started investigating because eventually they called the police. Then they got the footage on TMZ. Did they get paid for it, I don't know, but they got the footage on TMZ and the story was out there. We talked about it. We said, this is really weird. I think we made some mention on how something seemed off, something seemed a little strange. But let's go to the police investigation. After one hundred hours of police work they had to put into this case, they finally determined who these spooky scary clowns were that were threatening this family at their door. Let's listen in.
Speaker 2: This investigative scene was dedicated over one hundred hours.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, is that domination a little.
Speaker 1: Bit like them?
Speaker 2: I also want to clarify the timeline of notes.
Speaker 10: On October the fourteenth, we received a nine one one call, initially reported as a suspicious event. Later this was upgraded to a burglar in progress.
Speaker 1: All right, So it was a first The call came in first as a suspicious event. Then they said it was a burglary progress, and they thought this was a crime. They thought this was a legitimate crime, and they wanted to chase down the people who were in these costumes frightening this family that called nine one one.
Speaker 10: As arrived on scene within two minutes, so being dispatched. Through interviews with this family, investigators have learned the initial victim first contacted her brother instead of calling the police, and once we were called again, we immediately responded. A significant break came after our first press conference, all right.
Speaker 1: So they had a press conference and they talked about the basic details and they put the footage out there. That's how we had the footage initially, and that's what brings us to them now going we learned something. We got a bunch of tips after this press.
Speaker 10: Conference, we received multiple tips that created valuable leads. Following those leads, investigators discovered that the three mass individuals were related to the victim and adult female suspect later confessed that her and her two sons and her nephew early in their teens.
Speaker 2: Were responsible for approaching the home.
Speaker 10: In addition, there were two adults and a child in the Meedate area filming or standing by for the conclusion of this event, and total, there were three adults and four children involved. What we now know was a prank.
Speaker 8: Oh, the whole thing was a prankically, and that's fine until you call the police and pretend like a crime has happened to really start to ramp things up.
Speaker 7: Well, were that person really pretending they didn't know whether people were related to them?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, they knew, they knew the people at the house were in on it. They said there were relatives of those people. Because he said it was ad you call the cops. Hold on, let me let me go back to his last piece there, because I thought he was suggesting that the homeowners were involved in this. I think they just kind of wanted to go viral.
Speaker 10: And the Meedate area filming or standing by for the conclusion of this event, and total there were three adults and four children involved what we now know was a prank.
Speaker 2: Did the homeowner not to specify the victim had no knowledge?
Speaker 1: Oh, the victim didn't know. Okay.
Speaker 10: Because the family has chosen not to press charges, the suspects will not be publicly identified. While this incident may not result in a criminal prosecution, for me, my team, and for this community, it represents a moral failure, a moral failure where consequences could result in badly consequences. I want to specify this because we have saw this type behavior around the countrentt where people have done pranks.
Speaker 1: He's saying that this was a prank done by three kids that were family members of this person and two adults, I believe is what he said.
Speaker 5: And you do a prank, why would you involve the cops? You can still do the viral video.
Speaker 1: That's the part I missed there. The homeowner's Sealime is right. The homeowner did not know, That's what he said. The homeowner was not aware of this. And then when the homeowner first called her brother, the brother goes, you kidding me, that's freaky called the cops. They call the the cops, get out there, and then I think that the family members pranking her are like, oh no, we're in pretty deep right now.
Speaker 4: We'll let this be a lesson everybody. Make sure everyone involved.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 5: The brother was like, no, it's a prank, don't call the cops.
Speaker 1: No, the brother was in on it. Yeah, I don't know if the brother was on a mess maybe said something else here.
Speaker 10: Hangout, and they have resulted in people being seriously losing their lives. And as we approached this Halloween season, I want to ensure that everyone knows her within our community that we will be taking actions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not all be visible on the streets.
Speaker 10: Secret will be providing safety tips this week to ensure that everyone has a holiday experience that is going to be well and safe.
Speaker 1: No more of this nonsense, he says. He said, one hundred hours went into this. One hundred hours when into all of this, and then they found out it was a prank from the family members that got out of control.
Speaker 5: Do you consider that a good brank and away?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, in a way because it was effective, but away, yeah, it could cause you some problems. I would get it. The family's going to talk about this. The family will have a chat about this. Meanwhile, just coming in moments ago, Hurricane Melissa has officially made landfall in Jamaica. Wins at one hundred and eighty five miles per hour, which sane one of the strongest on record to make landfall in the Atlantic. That is from CNN. I believe it says a destructive storm now landing, and it's already a deadly storm too.
Speaker 5: To CNN snapchat maps, Uh huh.
Speaker 4: They still have the you know service out there, but typically when you look, you could see just the first things they'll post is their house underwater.
Speaker 5: Whatever's going down. I can already see it's going down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's bad.
Speaker 5: Look trying to say something for the next break.
Speaker 1: This is somebody streaming. I don't know if they're gonna curse though. Yeah, I hang on, I'm gonna be meete this. This is a live stream here from a hurricane chaser or a storm chaser in Jamaica, I guess. And the flooding is already significant. It's there are some vehicles on the street where I'm looking, and these vehicles are almost completely underwater. It's up to the side view mirrors on the cars. The trees are really really bending in the wind because it's snailing this place. But the water is just in this one shot in particular, pretty bad. I can't see exactly where they are, but this is one of the live streams come out of the coming out of the area. This must be pretty close to the water, I would get. Yes, I'll have to see what else we can find out about this. I'll say this one guys. Sorry, apologies. What was I supposed to do? I was working out with Steads. I couldn't get rid of the button hold that I was trying. I was doing the best I could for I should never hold it.
Speaker 4: I've heard things that's probably non you, guys, But this one person at six forty five this morning, uh huh. And what I can only imagine being completely pummeled right now is holding a drink and a blunt a fantastic ready for this hurricane.
Speaker 1: Mam Jesus, where is this?
Speaker 13: This is a.
Speaker 1: The JPS office in Black River in Jamaica, and the roof completely ripped off of this wind still whipping through. Yeah, it's it's really bad. JPS Black River office. What's a JPS office? JPS office pranks Jamaic. I'll just figure out what this is, and we know we we're talking about JPS Head Office, Jamaica Public Service, that's what it stands for. So, yeah, this is some some area in Jamaica where the roof was completely ripped off of this building. There's a lot of flooding and a lot of damage being done right now. One hundred and eighty miles per undred and eighty five miles per hour is no joke. It's a very significant storm. So we're gonna keep watching what's happening there in Jamaica. As the show rolls on, let's work in a couple of dispatches, somebody says they have a theory buster for our food theory. That almost time. We're up on a hard break there.
Speaker 5: The Sea line did get the copyright, nows. You could see his tiny screen.
Speaker 1: So I don't believe that the food theory copyright two thousand and three Sea, Liane, I, that doesn't look official. I don't.
Speaker 5: That's the sea with the circle around it.
Speaker 1: That's it does have that, but I don't know if I trust it just yet. Here's the land man with a theory buster.
Speaker 15: Hey, news junkies, Yeah, I think Sea Lane is onto something. I have one word for you, marbling. Marbling that is always going to make the taste better. Yes, do I think see Lane would taste better than Sean? Of course he would of cour me a break, It's not even close. There's a bitter aftertaste with Sean, which I think would turn.
Speaker 16: Off a lot of people. So that's you know, I'm not busting this. Probably I'm just agreeing with Celane. The aftertaste is much better. So yeah, that's it a good one. Thank you for the dispatch. I could, I could probably agree with that. I would think that maybe I have an aftertaste. I don't know why, but I'm alway evinced. Maybe I just know that it sounded like a good argument the land man, so thank you for it.
Speaker 1: Here is a somebody who says I was a lift driver for some of the people who were at that party. Let's listen in. Hello. Yeah, I was at the.
Speaker 17: Party that got busted at the Airbnb.
Speaker 1: I was a lyft driver that night, and apparently one of the kids from the.
Speaker 2: Party ordered a lift.
Speaker 17: As I pulled up, there was helicopters and about twenty cop cars around in the streets. The kid that ordered to lift, came to my car, jumped in the car with three other teenagers and told me to drive.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what the hell to do, but I took off anyway, and he gave me a good tip. So yeah, it was definitely a rager. Seems like a congrats on the tip to dub life. Appreciate that. And let's see last one for now. Here's fits with the dispatch.
Speaker 18: I think it's pretty good compared to a twenty two million dollar mistake my husband's coworker made by drilling into a rotor for a turbine at a power plant.
Speaker 1: Oh god, how twenty two million dollar mistake? How does one not get fired for that? Geez?
Speaker 7: They care to delta flight attendant, they have to go back for retraining.
Speaker 1: Really this this was the person who accidentally pulled the handle and the slide came out on this delta flight. And they said it could cost with like hotel stays and rebooked flights and repacking the slide, as much as one hundred to two hundred thousand dollars, which is just crazy. It's it's a little bit.
Speaker 5: It's like a pod.
Speaker 4: They can just like a cartridge. Obviously, a giant one with the new slide they just placed in. Then you can repack them the last cartridge.
Speaker 1: Maybe you did this is better copyright copyright.
Speaker 5: See what the circle around the polease.
Speaker 1: He's only got one.
Speaker 7: It's only available around his Somebody did say that, like the door must not have been disarmed, flight of tenants or text in. But the door wasn't disarmed. It was the action of turning the doorknob on the airplane door that opened it. Imagine you did something spaced out because you're retired. I could see this totally happening by accident, even though they've done it twenty six years with no faults. I think there is a clipper. There's a disarming thing to do. But one of the articles said that it's actually like a feature of the slide, not not a bug or not like a like a like a like a fallback or set back of it. It's a feature of the slide to open so easily, because in the event of a real emergency, you wanted to open like door, open slide down immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Really it is fault. Yeah, I mean it would be like you don't want an air bag in your car that opens up slow. You want this thing to deploy incredibly fast, even if there is a mistake like that which doesn't obviously happen all that much. Join us with your comments, send your dispatches in over at the news Junkie dot com. We got more of these influencers in Jamaica. What's going on with them? Charlie Sheen is stealing my ideas. I can't believe it, but he's now up to stealing my idea. The first person to want to do crack. I am not the first person to want to do crack. That person was a genius though they were really onto something. In this case, I'll tell you what he's been saying. As of late, we got a jury duty Chuck full of updates on some crazy stories, including that Turnpike semi truck crash that killed a couple of people that everybody's talking about, and a whole bunch more as we continue on and to share the show Tuesday that's coming up next on the News Chunky. We're gonna get to a couple of big updates here in just a moment. But Charlie Sheen is ripping me off. He is, He's been ripping me off I don't know how he knows this, but but he's right about this, and he's been going around and doing some interviews where people are liking his idea. But it's the same idea that I've said over and over and over on this show. I have said that in most major cities, it's a small amount of people, most of them like most prisoners, anti social people, people with antisocial personality disorder. It's a small amount of people who cause the vast majority of the crime, who cause the vast majority of the chaos, who negatively impact everybody else's peaceful, otherwise life. Right, it's a small amount of people in most major cities that cause all of this trouble and annoyance. And then there's some people who want to ignore that for some reason, some people who want to completely upend the justice system and just like embrace crime or whatever. These are all stupid ideas, it goes without saying, or should. But in the case of Charlie Sheen, he's now going around. He did an interview with Bill Maher and he said exactly what I've been saying here. He goes, it looks like there's a small amount of people who commit most offenses in major cities in the countries and in the country, And he said, why can't we take these six hundred people and build a special place for them. Let's call it the six hundred video. I'm sorry, the six hundred up building, he said, in this video. That's good. That's good, the six hundred building, said Bill Maher. And they were talking back and forth about why crime is out of control in certain cities or just seemingly making life worse than it could be. Charlie Sheen, I don't know if is he sober nowadays?
Speaker 4: Has he sober according to the new documentary, is he's a sober.
Speaker 1: Guy, not doing any of the drugs anymore, not doing the drinking and whatnot, and his brain seems to be functioning. I'm on the same wave link, Charlie Sheen. I'm on the same wavelength as you. I think that's absolutely right. I think we let people ruin our towns and our cities because for like a bunch of stupid reasons, but one of the main ones is like we don't say, hey, repeat offenders are causing so many of these problems. These people don't look at the world like you or I do. They don't care about punishments. Really, they don't care about anything. They're gonna end up in prison eventually, and we just let them do this stuff over and over and over again. Charlie James right, he's right. I didn't think i'd be saying that, but he is right about that. We're right about this book. The storm that is hitting Jamaica, Hurricane Melissa, one hundred eighty five mile per hour winds, it is really strong and some of the footage that's coming in is mind blowing, to be honest with you, like the damage that we see after this storm leaves Jamaica, and it's going so slow. It's so slow. The damage that we see when this storm ends up leaving Jamaica is going to be catastrophic. I'll give you some examples. If you're hanging out with us, you can always watch the show on YouTube dot com. Slash the news Junkie here is listen to the sounds of one hundred and eighty five mile per hour winds ripping through Treasure Beach, Jamaica. Right now. That is just the sound of the winds whipping by this camera on Treasure Beach, Jamaica, just unrelenting and because the storm is going so slow, it's not going to stop anytime soon. It's going to continue to wreak havoc on this area as a category five should weird question? I don't know. You're going to test out another theory here today. It's not a theory. I have a question.
Speaker 7: What's the question the one I asked you during the break about Jamaica. It's kind of a yeah, it's kind of a morbid question.
Speaker 5: But well, you've warned.
Speaker 7: If there was a storm that absolutely wiped out Jamaica, Okay, everybody's gone.
Speaker 1: Who gets the land? I don't know if that's ever happened. Has it ever happened that like a whole country? Everybody's the city? Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: Who's there for recovery because it is going to be severely damaged?
Speaker 1: Like, well, what about right now? Is Jamaica technically or they were a British territory?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Jamaica is are the independent? Now hang on, let me let me see we'll get to the bottom of this ceiling. Well, we'll solve this issue for you. Jamaica is a country in the Caribbean. We know that, of course, dependent nation. In nineteen sixty two, oh Wow, So they've been independent for a long time.
Speaker 4: Own government remains a member of the comonwell for obtains the British monarch as its head of state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, technically the king is in charge of Jamaica, which is like Canada or something.
Speaker 5: Sense relief, everybody saved up.
Speaker 1: Well, the Red Cross is already there. The Red Cross is on site because of just how bad this is going to get. And they've got a million people plus in the mix here. You ever heard their anthem Jamaica their nationally Isn't that a thirds? It's not Bob Marley. They all kind of sound the same. Jamaica land. We love, it's beautiful. Unfortunately, things are looking rough over there. Here's another video coming out of Jamaica. Houses just completely flooded. It's like they're in the middle of the ocean. I mean they're close to it, but the weather in the you know, the actual winds just taking over here as this category five storm rips these places apart. Still there, I don't know they're there. Yeah, they're walking around this area, but it's pretty well destroyed and a lot of these houses are pretty rough off. They are very close to the beach there. Let me see can I get to I had one more that I wanted to work in. This is it, I believe Let me No, that's not it. There was another person who was a storm chaser out there that was saying that things were definitely getting worse as the storm was approaching landfall. I'll dig up some more clips here as the day goes on, and the ones that are worthwhile i'll pop up on see it now. But yeah, that one was pretty bad. This is inside somebody's house. I'm gonna mute it just in case they have to be cursing. I wouldn't blame them, considering the circumstances. This must have been before sunrise here in this place. It wasn't too bad at this moment here, certainly not like what we saw. But the oh, that's crazy. The hurricane chaser's over the top of the storm just like completely looks like AI. It looks like a fake, fake storm. But it's a very very strong storm that's hitting Jamaica right now. I'll keep my eyes out for more of these updates and give them to you also saw this. The government shutdown is twenty eight days on right now, still going on. No end in site now, no end in sight. Now, I haven't seen any willingness for these folks to come together and fund the government and pass these bills that would stop the shutdown. But it says while the Trump administration previously moved money around to fund some federal programs until the end of the month, it recently said the snap food assistance right on by over forty million people won't be funded starting November first. Some states are planning to fill that gap with their own coffers, so this will be a state by state thing. Also, I didn't know they did this. But something else that will stop is commercial flights to rural areas. If you take a commercial flight in the United States to a rural area, a lot of those flights are subsidized. Now I did not know that was a thing, but a lot of these flights, if you go to like a small city, there's a subsidy on this flight that is going to be cut off. So airlines will have an increase in ticket prices to smaller towns that you might see, and many Americans will face some higher health insurance premiums due to the lapse of these healthcare subsidies that were acted earlier this year in the Republican budget and Democrats are refusing to pass any of the government funding without extending them, so they're areads stopped.
Speaker 7: So the Essential Air Service Program or EAS, which is a little different from the one we're used to. Yeah, the one we're used to is an important one.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is too.
Speaker 7: It's a government program designed to ensure small communities have access to the national air transportation system. So the federal subsidies they go to the airlines that operate out of these tiny airports, which would otherwise be unprofitable for them. So like, yeah, you have like a small regional airport and that's like all your area has. Delta doesn't want to be there, but they will go there because the government kind of, you know, kicks them a portion of that run.
Speaker 1: Now does it say how much that is? Like how much is the government putting forward? And let me see, it has to be a lot. I didn't even know that we're doing that. But that's one of the pieces of funding that is going to be drying up as a result of this. Some more clips real quick from Jamaica. Jesus, this is a neighborhood that's getting smashed pretty good. These houses are not that well built, and they're facing one hundred and eighty five mile per hour winds as Melissa makes landfall. Quite a few clips like that eeking through. So what we're gonna have to do is see what happens after this and see just how much damage is done. But these folks in Jamaica are definitely going to need some help.
Speaker 7: The ES Central Air Service Program provides nearly six hundred million per year in subsidies to airlines to ensure air service to small communities across the United States, supporting.
Speaker 1: Its one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 7: Over one hundred and seventy small airports, wow are subsidized or the airlines that operate there are subsidized by the EAS.
Speaker 1: That's pretty crazy. I wasn't even aware that was part of this, but that's part of the government shutdown as well. All right, join us with your thoughts when we come back, though. Here's what we're doing. Jury duty, A loaded up jury duty with a modern day Bonnie and Clyde doing the unthinkable. Wait till you hear what happened in this case. An update on that semi crash on the turnpike where the illegal immigrant who was driving ended up crashing and killing some people. Some bombshell info coming out, and much more on the way, and it's all coming up next on The News Junkie tips at the Newsjunkie dot com and Sean emails the show. He says, going back to your question about Halloween candy, there was a story about how it's supposedly more expensive, and I said, we got some great deals actually this time around. But says, going to your question about Halloween candy and the volume share that it represents for manufacturers. The company that I work for reps the biggest candy manufacturer in the country, and Halloween alone represents twenty two percent of their business. Easter is a closed second at eighteen percent, and that is forty percent of the total money revenue that's brought in from this biggest candy manufacturer through just Halloween and Easter, which is kind of wild to think about. But thank you for the email. Appreciate that It's time for it, friends, So let's do this together. It's time for jury duty.
Speaker 18: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to wi your ass your no injury duty with the News Junkie Jury.
Speaker 1: Duty, brought to you by the one the only Moduitt of the DeWitt Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, CALLMO eight hundred, Callmo, or go to the website. Just call MOO dot com. Moses DeWitt a great guy and ready to help you out after an accident. It's a tough time, but you can trust some people these days. Can't trust those insurance companies. But eight hundred calmo in CALLMO or just CALLMO dot com.
Speaker 4: I am so curious to how is partipation will be at the roast coming on?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean I heard at decades of grievances. I'm sure I heard that he sat down and wrote everything himself. He sat down and like all right, here we go and wrote it. And it was shopping around to some people at the office, like what do you think about this? What do you think about this?
Speaker 1: And I don't know how bad it's gonna get or who he's going to go after or maybe all of us. Maybe he's just pissed off.
Speaker 5: Definitely the most of you.
Speaker 1: Definitely, Yeah, I mean, I agree, I agree. We do know this though some news the roast event on Thursday is absolutely sold out and will be an amazing event that you may not miss out on. You may, but guess what, you can still be with us in spirit. You could probably at some point in time watch the video because we are going to be filming for a special here at the venue for Thursday. And to the folks who are are lucky enough to come to this sold out event, the Roast of Sean Watson, Yes that's me. You're in for a treat. It's gonna be hilarious. It's gonna be fun. It's going to be a time where you should either dress up fancy or wear a costume. And I'll get the final details on the website at the news Junkie dot com slash Roast by this afternoon, so everybody has a solid thing to check on on the website when you're getting ready to go or when you're getting some last minute stuff. But sold out event gonna be a blast, the most exclusive event we've ever done. This is a fancy one and we look forward to hanging out with you and having some big laughs on Thursday at Judson's Live. Now, let's get into it, because they say that modern day Bonnie and Clyde. And for those of you who are a little bit younger and don't know what Bonnie and Clyde are, Bonnie was a woman who was with a guy named Clyde Barrow. Nobody really knew them, and nobody really knew them as Bonnie and Clyde at the time. It wasn't something that people were really aware of, but it was a Clyde Barrow and girl where most of the headlines I owned, some of the newspapers that didn't like chronicle them, didn't music kind of title them Bonnie and Clyde. What do you mean, like songs and stuff? Afterwards? It probably it was popular culture for sure. Yeah, so it's like they just at the time they weren't known as body and Clyde. It was like Clyde Barrow, who was this bad dude on the run from the law. And then by that was a lot of stuff. So I think there might have been some murders eventually. I don't even have to look that on robbery and murder. Yeah, and added in a famed shootout. There's even in I've seen in a museum of Clyde Barrow's car that they ended up dying in and there was a while that they were selling it seems like maybe you can check this out, because I don't want to just put fit news out there, but I believe for a while they were selling collectibles that were like the coat that Barrow was wearing, or Clyde Barrow from Bonnie and Clyde when he was killed. But they cut his clothes off of him, cut him up into little squares, and then sold them. I believe at some point in time, unless I complained, un totally made that up. A lot of it they put away in a museum, but I think they just sold this one portion of it to this couple though that is based off of Bonnie and Clyde. They did the unthinkable. These folks were about to rob a place, this popular Arizona restaurant, when something else kind of surprising happened. What went down, Well, let's tune in. Here we go, let's see what they did.
Speaker 5: I had a little romantic time together. Okay, I guess as they're allegedly breaking the law.
Speaker 20: Taylor Works joins us Live after talking with the owner Taylor What.
Speaker 21: Went down here?
Speaker 20: Security footage Ashley and Brian Monturie is one of the most beautiful restaurants in Scottsdale with instagram worthy moments like this around every corner. But unfortunately, it seems like this particular couple was just overwhelmed by how beautiful these red roses are as. The owner says, they broke into this restaurant early this morning. They started by wearing masks, but eventually took them off.
Speaker 4: Why they were wearing masks, that's what are you talking about.
Speaker 1: Come on, They're like on security camera everywhere, and in the middle of it, they start having sex. Oh yes, at this restaurant that they're robbing. In the middle of it, they're like, this place is beautiful, let's get into it.
Speaker 20: You can see them in this security camera video. Staff say they took about four hundred and fifty dollars in cash, the restaurant, iPhone, and the bottle upper CARDI.
Speaker 15: The owner says.
Speaker 20: The most disturbing part though, was not what they took, but what they did in the restaurant's photogenic rose display.
Speaker 1: Call it a modern day Bonnie.
Speaker 20: And Clyde, as the cameras captured them having sex in the middle of their crime spree.
Speaker 14: I think it's they definitely had some romantic time upfront on the property and.
Speaker 1: Actually right before there's like a huge heart that's made out of roses, and you can go in the middle of the heart with all the roses around you and take a picture. And they went into the middle of the heart, and instead she hit the floor and they started to have sex in the middle of this robbery that they were all participating even on YouTube. Says kind of freaking hot. Uh, he's got a particular fetish, like the mid robbery sex is I guess.
Speaker 5: Robbers you're supposed to be like in and out. That was a particular Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the other thing is if they would have just kept their masks on and then grabbed the stuff and went, it probably would have not been caught. But now they're having sex on camera, for God's sake, Kevin says, show the full video, Come on, Kevin, Yeah, here you go. I doubt it did that long. My guess maybe they mentioned.
Speaker 14: That in Montree is my dear in French, which is a really endearing term, So you never know.
Speaker 5: Let's beautiful, stay out.
Speaker 1: We don't want you to leave back and oh wow, And as.
Speaker 20: You can see, luckily everyone here has a great She's right there at the scene of the crime.
Speaker 1: If she really was a great reporter, just hit the black light and go oh, we have some evidence here left at the scene.
Speaker 4: Question, but can you request that police file because it has the full Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 7: It's not a footage that originated from a police department source.
Speaker 1: It would be a little hard. Wait. Wait, if there was a court case, that would probably be evidence and the kid, Yeah, they might come out at some point in time eventually. Here but the Bonnie and Clyde couple having sex in the middle of the robbery, and that is all of us Gottsdale, Arizona today. Congrats to Monshoey Restaurant. Sorry about the cleanup, but good news on the level of Hey a lot of free press, so real quick on the on the original Bonnie and Clyde thing. Were they known for making love at not that I'm aware of.
Speaker 5: Just how they attached Bonnie and Clyde to couples that rop.
Speaker 7: Gotch Yes, yeah, the year to clarify it says somebody claimed Clyde Barrow's saxophone from the car, the death car, which is on display at the museum. Uh huh, but he later returned it to the Barrow family. Posse members took other personal items, such as Parker's clothing.
Speaker 1: That's Bonnie Parker.
Speaker 7: The Parker family asked for them back, but were refused, and the items were later sold as souvenirs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I saw, Like they were little. Have you ever seen where they have baseball cards and sometimes has a like a little piece of clipping of a player's uniform in them. They did that. Didn't they do that to one of Donald Trump's suits?
Speaker 5: I think they did the city was in when he got shot in the year Lobe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's all kind of like, this is a weird world of merch, but that's what they do from time to time.
Speaker 4: Was Bunning Clyde memorabilia watching a shotgun that fetched more than one hundred and eighty thousand dollars at auction a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Those are good. I don't think the little clippings of the clothing are actually worth that much money. It's kind of like when my dad was My dad was so proud back in the day. I told this story a long, long, long, long time ago, but my dad was so proud back in the day because he had bought a piece of the Berlin Wall. Kids, you know, there used to be East Germany and West Germany, and Germany was a divided country, a divided nation with a Berlin Wall right down the middle, and this was a big point of contention, and obviously Germany won reunification and now it's just Germany. The Berlin Wall was knocked down by people on day and then they took big chunks of it. There's one at Universal Studios as best I recall out behind the hard rock. And then they sold a lot of them. They would have like infomercials and they own your own piece of the Berlin Wall, a piece of history in your very own home. And my dad called and got it, probably worth ten bucks today. It's just that didn't really turn out to be the winner. I have no idea. No, I have a couple of boxes where the stuff, a lot of stuff from them got stolen. That was a real bummer. That was a bummer, but just part of life, I guess. The last thing is this semi truck driver who was accused of making illegal U turns or one in particular on the Florida Turnpike and a crash that killed three people. This guy, Harginger Singh, who is being held without bond in the Saint Lucient County jail. This is the guy who illegally went into this country, across the border with Mexico, illegally came into this country. And in California you can get a cd and Washington you can get a CDL. He got commercial driver's licenses in both of those states. So did the guy who was in another fatal accident that we just reported on not too long ago, another Indian who was in the country illegally and got the licenses from these states to be driving commercial vehicles on our roads. They don't understand the language, they can't read the signs, and they're out there driving on these roads. This is a bad thing. And now the news coming out from Click Orlando, it says that semi truck driver accused of making an illegal U turn on the Florida Turnpike causing a crash that killed three people, failed his commercials Driver's test a commercial driver test, ten times in the span of two months. Okay, according to a senior official in the Florida Attorney General's office, this guy failed ten times in two months, and they said this was in Washington State before he was ultimately issued a license. The official was not authorized in common public tests.
Speaker 5: Have you failed ten times?
Speaker 1: I guess you're allowed to. I guess there's no limit on it.
Speaker 5: Let's revisit that, huh, and he ended up in this crash.
Speaker 1: The weird thing there is you just have like states issuing commercial driver's licenses, putting other states at risk. If there's probably there's gotta be lawsuits on that front. I'm sure out there already. Okay, we're gonna take quick break. When we come back, we'll give you updates on Hurricane Melissa. The latest is happening, plus what happens next? Where is this storm going to go? Is it going to impact you this weekend? Details coming up next. I'm going to use chunk key. This has potential, I think, to be one of the more controversial topics of the day because this is a Halloween related thing, and it's something that's been spreading in different namesghborhoods Now. I want you all to kind of channel a couple of things when I explain to you what's going on here. One thing I want you to channel is what it was like when you were growing up trick or treating, How you did it, where you went all of that stuff. And the reason I want you to do that is because this has prompted a larger debate about where kids should be able to trick or treat, because a lot of times what happens is the poor kids and the crappy neighborhoods. Here about how good the trick or treating is in the fancy neighborhoods, and they go over there obviously because their parents are like, these are the good neighborhoods where you get all the candy and it's fantastic.
Speaker 5: I'm a child that.
Speaker 1: People did this.
Speaker 5: It was a child that did that.
Speaker 1: We knew about this too. Everybody knew about it. It was like, you go to the nice neighborhoods, these people have money, and you get more candy from them. However, as of late, there's a pushback going going on where some of these rich neighborhoods are saying, get your little poverty stricken kids out of here. I don't wantin a way, I don't want them trigger trading in our neighborhood. And here's what's gone viral as of this week. This was a note from an hoad and it says, as we prepare for Halloween, the HOA Board would like to address an ongoing concern that has affected the quality of our neighborhood celebration for Halloween. In recent years, our community has long taken pride and operating in a safe and charming and well organized Halloween experience, something that unfortunately has attracted large groups from outside neighborhoods. Okay, so this is like a nice neighborhood fancy stuff, and unfortunately their great Halloween experience has attracted a lot of outsiders. These visitors often arrived and packed vehicles, crowd our streets, and diminished the experience for our own children. Last year, this influx led not only to depleted candy supplies, but also to instances of property damage, something we cannot tolerate in a neighborhood that values order and respect. To preserve the integrity of our Halloween tradition and to ensure our residents children are prioritized, trick or treating will only be limited to people who live in the neighborhood, says the HOA. So this neighborhood is literally banning pooro outsiders from showing up in the neighborhood and do that and trick or treating that's what they say they're doing, and they they here's the crazy thing. Volunteers will be stationed at the entrance to check vehicles during the trick or treat window. So you've got a volunteer in.
Speaker 5: Your My god, please, but.
Speaker 1: How are they going to enforce this? It says residents expected guests from outside the neighborhood are encouraged to make alternate lands. We understand that not every community is able to offer this kind of Halloween experience, but our priority must remain with the families who contribute to and care for this neighborhood year round. So essentially, they're saying, the outsider poor kids come in and they trash the neighborhood and they take all the candy, and then the little rich kids in the neighborhood their trick or treat experience is ruined by the poor os milking off of them.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's taking the candy that's coming from the parents.
Speaker 1: No, this is literally how the HOA is saying this. I'm simplifying their language, but they're saying like they're coming in and the quote was right here depleted candy supplies. So they're saying like they're taking all of our candy.
Speaker 5: H away.
Speaker 4: If you guys get thousands of dollars a month, why don't we put it towards some candy? Huh?
Speaker 1: They said. Also, there's instances of property damage, something we cannot tolerate. So I ask you this big, fat, juicy Halloween question. Should kids be able to trick or treat wherever they want? Or should there be gatekeeping of trick or treating? Because it's your neighborhood. You want your kids to be able to experience it all these would you?
Speaker 5: I mean, see what I imagine you did trick or treat in your neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my neighborhood or the neighborhood the.
Speaker 5: Next door over, like on acreage?
Speaker 1: Did we We had to get out of the acreage because there's too much space between houses. So we went to a place called the Macha, which was like a honey pot for this kind of stuff. Not necessarily rich, but a place where houses were close together and they participated.
Speaker 5: My neighborhood was I mean, there was no trick or treating in it. It was way too dangerous.
Speaker 4: And so if it wasn't for awesome neighborhoods like Miami Shores, for example, I would not have experienced neither of my younger siblings what it is to trick or treat or keystone down in Biscayne.
Speaker 5: Bay Area. I guess those are technically richer, but at least I could do it.
Speaker 1: Limitations on this is it like, is there somewhere It's like, Okay, you can't take your kids forty five minutes away to go to this neighborhood. No, you can't go to like Palm Beach Island and you don't even live over here. You bringing kids. Here's the problem.
Speaker 7: You mentioned gatekeeping here, and that's a very very important term, because there is a place that can gatekeep gated communities, gated communities that you can literally not drive into without proving that you live there. And what this hoa wants to do is enjoy the pleasures of a gated community without paying the price of gating their community.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get down to the question at the center of this. Is it against the spirit of Halloween to do that kind of stuff? No, we have our own private thing. We don't want anybody else in here. This is only for the kids in our gated neighborhood.
Speaker 7: It could be against maybe what would have been the spirit of Halloween like years ago or more. But I think now the way we grew up, going to other neighborhoods is part of the fun. Yeah, that's part of the spirit for people our age and a little bit younger than us.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a little wild that they're gonna have people stationed in the neighborhood volunteers like check IDs wild is that? What are they gonna do?
Speaker 7: They don't these volunteers have the legal authority to turn away cars. I don't think so, you know, are these roads paid for by uh just the HOA actually do?
Speaker 1: Do they even have the authority to ask anybody about like I style, ask them about their status in the neighborhood? You don't, Yeah, you can't do that. It says, we understand that not every community is able to offer the kind of Halloween experience we cultivated here, but our priority must be with the families who contribute to and care for this neighborhood year round. Happy Halloween. The HOA people very much against this. Some people are supporting the gated communities being able to have their own like siloed experience where you keep the But that's what I'm saying. They paid.
Speaker 7: The people that live in gated communities paid for that luxury, and now these people who didn't they want to all of a sudden, They're like, we don't really like the quality of person that's been coming into this neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Well you know what we're.
Speaker 7: Gonna We're gonna pretend that we have authority to do something about it.
Speaker 1: But I don't know that you do.
Speaker 4: I live in the neighborhood in which people from other neighborhoods that don't have great trick or treating come to and it is a joy because I have you ever been to, uh in a house.
Speaker 5: In which no trick or treaters show up?
Speaker 1: Just sad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So if I can bring any sort of joy by I you know, I have to get extra candy, but that's fine because they have that one night and then what go back to their crappy neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Look, I haven't experienced this as a homeowner for that long, but we have had precisely zero incidents with trick or treater kids causing chaos right like property damage. Yeah, this has not been anything I've been exposed to at all. Maybe you have a story about this, but for me, I think little kids should be able to go everywhere. Let them go into the fancy neighborhoods in trick or treat. In my experience, those neighborhoods, just like Sabrina said, those neighborhoods generally like it exactly.
Speaker 5: I have a great time with it.
Speaker 4: Every single year, my neighbors and I get together across the street.
Speaker 5: They make chili for us. We like, you know, do our waves.
Speaker 4: My neighbors from down the road will come say hey, candy all all around, and it's just you know that these are core.
Speaker 5: Memories that are being built. So why are you going to ruin it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: If someone doesn't get this memo and goes into that.
Speaker 4: Panties in a bunch neighborhood that you read the letter of, uh huh, that's gonna suck.
Speaker 5: Like what are they gonna do.
Speaker 4: That's gonna ruin their Halloween and they're gonna remember that for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't seem like Sattie body, like, who is looking for this other than the h O.
Speaker 5: Give me the addresses the house. I'm serious.
Speaker 7: Is this something you found like on a post somewhere or is there a news station covering suckers.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to see now if there's anything, if any if anybody's covered it just yet. But no, I haven't seen any sources on that.
Speaker 7: I would be curious to see if, like the previous year where they said they had all the problems, were there any police reports filed about this property damage? This alleged property damage? Yeah, was there documented?
Speaker 1: Or is this just a bunch of nonsense, because that's kind of what it seems like. But let us know, do you think gate keeping for Halloween should be a thing like imagine imagine you're at your front door ding dong, you know, and you open the kids go, there's a couple of Pokemon, there's a rapping raptor god only knows, probably a black face. Kids. You got all these kids out there at the door, and you look out and you go, hey, which one of you are from this neighborhood? And some of the kids are like, oh, you know, we're not from around here?
Speaker 19: Hen mer idsops, Yeah, papers, please get out of here.
Speaker 5: Parents, you're not WelCom.
Speaker 1: That is crazy to me, But I'm interested in your thoughts. Email us tips at the Neewsjunkie dot com or send a dispatch. I'll play your dispatch next, record yours video or audio dispatch. In fact, I need some solid soldiers right now, okay, because they just pushed through a minor edit on the website that should make video uploading better. So I need a couple of brave souls to send in a video dispatch right now, bo to see if things are working out okay, and it should be a little better now. I'm trying to make that whole process as simple as possible. The audio dispatch quality updates are going through this week, I think as well. But the video limits have been reduced and it should work better. So take a moment now, go to the news junkie dot com, record a little video dispatch, and we'll see what your thoughts are on this when we return. That is coming up next on the News Junkie. I guess a flight out of Chicago was forced to make an emergency landing after some person went nuts on board. And let me see, this is CBS News Boston talking about having I guess the guy started attacking people with a fork alright, got a hold of a fork on the flight. I haven't heard it yet, have nothing on anymore.
Speaker 22: It's true flapping a flight attendant and who forced a plane bound for Germany to make an unscheduled stop in Boston is facing charges breaking tonight. Investigators say Prenith Kumar Usiah Polly was on board a Luftanza flight from Chicago to Frankfurt.
Speaker 1: Seorry Luftanza, Loutanza.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, their logo has a fork in it.
Speaker 1: It does kind of yeah, it looks like a fork. It was a flying fork.
Speaker 22: When he attacked two other passengers with a metal fork, striking one in the clavicle the other in the back of the head, for a scuffle with the cabin crew. The plane landed in Boston, where Usarah Poali was arresting.
Speaker 1: So this guy did eventually get arrested. They apprehended him in Boston and they said he stabbed two teenagers with a fork. So now I ask you a question. One was in the back of the head, the other one was in the clavicle. Which is is it here is under shoulders? If I take a fork and I stab you with it? Could I kill somebody with a fork? Could I? I think it would take a few stabs.
Speaker 5: If you've got right in the jugular.
Speaker 1: Probably if I just like randomly stab somebody and I get like some of your meat. I'm not killing you from from a fork, I don't think. But it's certainly like the it's it's attempted murder.
Speaker 4: I just rewatched weapons last night. Uh huh spoiler alert, there's a fork scene. They didn't die, No, God, was it violent?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 21: Uh?
Speaker 1: And I've seen many a fork in the eye. That's yeah, that's brutal. It's very very brutal. One team stabbed in the head. That seems bad with a fork, Yeah, right in the back of the head one of the clavi.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: And and they had this on the flight. Do they have I would askad GPT But they don't like to answer questions like this.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you ask them one more question along those lines that they will for sure.
Speaker 1: Try hold on, let's see, I'll try to phrase it in a way that I don't sound like a murder. But I do know what to do here. Hey, what's up? What's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 5: You got you're the victim.
Speaker 1: I got stabbed by somebody who was holding a fork? Is a fork deadly? Am I going to die? Well?
Speaker 21: I'm glad you're okay. A fork can be dangerous, But whether it's deadly depends on where you're stabbed and how severe the injury is. If you've been stabbed, it's important to get medical attention right away to ensure I.
Speaker 1: Was stabbed in the back of the head. How bad is that?
Speaker 21: Getting stabbed in the back of the head is serious and can be dangerous. It's crucial to seek medical attention immediately to evaluate the injury and prevent any complication.
Speaker 1: Oh hold on, let me see that's the question to ask, Like, which is the worst spot to get stabbed? What is the most deadly spot to get stabbed with a fork in?
Speaker 21: Well, it's a bit morbid, but getting stabbed in vital areas like the neck or chest can be especially dangerous because of made your arteries and organs.
Speaker 1: But let's keep it light. What about the wienerfully, nobody's planning on testing doing it? What about the wiener here?
Speaker 21: Getting stabbed there would certainly be painful, but it's not usually life threatning.
Speaker 7: Shut up, it seems like a bad time to me. Okay, Like how t n J A. I is a little too prissy to say wiener getting stabbed there? It censored itself a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay. Some people have sent over a couple of video dispatches. I asked for a test. I'm not gonna play that one. Sarah, thank you for sending your nipple. I don't know why. I mean, I appreciate the test. Driving. This one is Sabrina playing donkey basketball. She goes driving in on the donkey clock winding down a two point games. She stands, I'm looking, so Sabrina's on a donkey play at a little basketball. We started the show talking about that.
Speaker 7: I was when I was reading the Wikipedia page for donkey basketball. It said, you know, obviously there were animal rights groups that didn't like the way the donkeys were being treated in some of the ways, even though they said no, these are totally professionals, and they're like some of the places that would have these events, and this is this is the I think the part that I was like, oh gosh, they would starve the donkeys for a day, for a day or two so they wouldn't poop on the on the court.
Speaker 5: Oh whatever, for that they go round with their bonut.
Speaker 1: That's you know, that's one of those things where it's like, hey, this is we're so particular that we don't even we want to use the donkeys, but we don't want them to do the natural animal thing.
Speaker 7: That they're going to do and raping all over the place. But it's like they're like to some of them are arguing like no, you know, these are professionals. They're treating the animals really great, and they're like, really, why don't they pup it? Because you didn't feed him anything so there wouldn't be poop on your game.
Speaker 1: I like how even though this is a I it took Sabrina's character so long.
Speaker 5: You know what, you don't see theirs. I'm stepping on the donkey's face.
Speaker 7: And also in this part it looks like she's still riding the donkey, but there's no donkey.
Speaker 1: Play for a second, right, heng on something else. Thank you for that. Appreciate it. Keep sending those video dispatches into test some of the new changes that were made there. Just if yeah, if you don't mind. Afterwards it is look, are things working out? Okay? Are things working out?
Speaker 2: Okay? Okay?
Speaker 1: Never mind? That's the dispatch of the day. Technically, man, it was a successful dispatch because it came through the audio the video.
Speaker 10: Are good?
Speaker 1: Any things working out? Okay, thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Can I post that as our video of the week.
Speaker 1: I'll give them a star. You have a star, now, Tuck frump.
Speaker 5: That means your clowdsmail nipples right.
Speaker 1: That means your dispatches comes in, come in all yellowed out and highlighted. And if you get a frownie face or black balled, you know, frownie face or blackballed, your dispatches come in great out and they don't show up anywhere on the site. So if you suck, you get punished. If you're good, you get rewarded. And that was strangely enough kind of good in finding, so thank you, thank.
Speaker 21: You for that.
Speaker 1: Here is Lady London with a dispatch. Let's see what they say. This is talking about, uh, trigger treating.
Speaker 18: He just listening to you guys talk about trigger treating. Twenty twenty one was the first year that my fiance and I were in our home, and we absolutely loved watching all of the kids run around through our neighborhood and collect all the candy. But one cool thing that this made me think of was that we brought our ping pong table into the front living room area, so whenever we opened the door, the kids would get their candy, and then we actually had a couple of teenage boys come in the house and challenge us to play ping pong, And we just thought it was so cool and so much fun to interact with the neighborhood kids. But now looking back, I'm kind of thinking, like, dang, where was our parents and did they know that they were in a stranger's house? But trigger treating is just not what it used to be. It's sad, and I wish that the world was a safer place and kids could do these things like they used to be able to.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Lady London. Appreciate that. We'll see what other weird dispatches kind of and yours wasn't weird, Lady London. I'm not suggesting that even for a moment.
Speaker 7: I run it by Chad GPT nothing about getting stabbed with forks or anything. But this HOA and trying to ban the trick or treaders from the other neighborhood, and it says what they likely not do block general vehicular access on public roads. So in a nondicated neighborhood, if the roads are public, the HOA typically does not have the power to physically barricade access or legally prevent people from driving in unless the governing documents and local jurisdiction allow for private road gating. And I think that's sort of like when you have like a private driveway, even the public or anyone with legal access can drive wholly deny and they put outsiders in quotes outsiders from simply entering the neighborhood unless the governing documents give them that right, and unless doing so doesn't violate other laws like discrimination. A law firm noted and HOA in Florida cannot prohibit an owner tenant from vehicular or pedestrian ingress or egress people.
Speaker 1: Coming out and visiting and going back and forth, is what you're saying. The weird thing there is, like I mean, if you just think about this, you just use your brain. My neighborhood, for example, is not a gated neighborhood, so therefore you can't pretend like it's not. You can't pretend like it is if you're not living in a gated neighborhood. Those are public roads. Now I'm imagining in the instance of a gated neighborhood that is a private community offen where those those roads are not public.
Speaker 7: Access, right and also not paid for by taxpayer funds, you know, it's part of the money that the community gets from HOA payments stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I think that's a big difference, honestly, and that's why it makes sense that you wouldn't be able to do that all right. Another thing people talk about today, Elon Musk has launched Grockipedia. There's now a competitor and AI powered rival to Wikipedia. It has almost one million articles and I don't know just Wikipedia sa on their main page how many articles they have, because I think they have like ten or something. Oh, it says by language seven million in English. They have more than ten million. Now they might have close to twenty million total, but seven million in English and Grockipedia has about a million to start. It looks almost exactly like Wikipedia, and I guess that they've just.
Speaker 7: Signed up the AI to do this. Isn't the idea of Wikipedia kind of an open source the code there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't do You can edit this though, you can suggest edits to this and then the AI comes back in fact checks it. This is like they're just a random listing of frog on Grokipedia, and I mean, it doesn't hurt like you. More things are better. Let's see what can I put in here? What about the more famous Chris Lane, the Chris Lane country musician. Guys, he made it into this. It says Chris Lane. Chris Lane, Christopher Eric Lane is an American country singer and songwriter and he's a front man of the Chris Lane band. This guy took all the names from you. And it's got early live, it's got everything you would imagine, Awards nominations, music video. It looks a lot of it like a direct ripoff of Wikipedia? Is that not doing well? If they if they stole, if they actually took the content from Wikipedia, it would be but I don't know. If it is. Then you can see the edits. Oh this is nice. It's kind of cool. You can see like what edits have taken place over time Wikipedia. I was talking about this on the stream earlier. For most articles, Wikipedia is great, totally fine. You want to look up the Hoover dam on Wikipedia, You're good to go. You're good to go. You want to look up something more controversial, like Israel and Palestine. Not great. People dedicate their lives to just sitting there and fighting an information war over these Wikipedia pages. Politicians pages are going to be the same way awful. I don't know about that one, but a lot of these they'll be. They're more controversial, and people are like engaging in information warfare changing these things back.
Speaker 7: For I forget which movie I had looked up on wikied Pedia recently. But you know how, sometimes they have those warnings like this section is not properly cited, or this section is this person is in the news ongoing, so the information is changing rapidly. They have all these different little kind of cautionary messages that aren't part of the Wikipedia article. And I saw one recently that was like, it looks like this section has been written with an AI that has hallucinated really And I kind of skim through it and I was like, oh yeah, there are some things in here that aren't about this movie and don't make sense like grammatically, And I was like, oh yeah, So.
Speaker 1: When you say an AI is hallucinating, you basically mean like it's it's acting as if this information is accurate, but it's it's made it up out of nowhere, right, Like if you did one.
Speaker 7: About the guy that Sean and I watch on you I think I probably watching more than Seawan does. Network Chuck is a nerd guy on YouTube. He has a whole video on how to set up your own locally hosted AI like a GPT or large language model. Yeah, and he keeps testing it out and asking it the plot to the matrix, and the AI keeps getting it wrong, and he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Even react to He's like, look, how cool that is? It just told you the plot of the matrix. And I was like, no, it's not Chuck, It's wrong. It's got it wrong. It happens from time to time. So if you're looking for some other stuff to learn from, Grokipedia, a new online encyclopedia like Wikipedia but kicked up by Grock, the AI from X. When we come back, Final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and today learn to wrap everything up for a Tuesday that is coming up next on The News Junkie. Thanks for being with us. Learn more about the show over on the website, which is thenewsjunkie dot com. Let's see what we got on the way out here. I saw somebody else fall They ended up falling at a Pittsburgh Penguins game and in the NHL somebody up on the upper concourse as they call it, emergency personnel, how to treat this person who was not identified. Play was not halted at any time. They kept going NHL Action, going right through the Penguins and the Blues playing as somebody fell from the upper deck particular arena.
Speaker 7: When do we start using concourse for that? I remember, like my first couple concerts ever going we were in the upper bowl or the lower bowl? Yeah, or the con course seems like an airport, That's what I picked concourse. Do think it just makes like the amenities outside of the bowl seem fancier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm not sure, but that's where the person was. And they are okay, I guess, but pretty badly injured. And now it's time for the final dispatcher.
Speaker 16: He's on the final dispatches, but Sean will probably only play.
Speaker 1: Let's cruse, let's take a look. You should keep sending in these video dispatches to test the system and tell me if you have any problems at all. All right, upload a video dispatch on the news junkie dot com. Just say hello, just leave a little message. I'll try to take a look at it and comment on it.
Speaker 21: For you.
Speaker 1: Thank you to the people who have participated in this, even Tuck from and uh Chupper Dave, who also sent a video test in I don't dare press play on yours though I don't know what's gonna happen there. It's an old video of him giving me a mic mute.
Speaker 5: Read the first.
Speaker 2: Letter first.
Speaker 1: Oh, and I'm I'm a little intoxicated. It sounds look are you gonna probably okay, I'm gonna stop. I'm gonna stop because I feel like you do curse. It was, Yeah, it was Celiings old mute button, which was well, it was very phallic, you might say the very phallic and veiny, very customized. But r I P that thing is how old is that? That's this old school huh good guy? That one was left here at the building for quite a while. Yeah, was nobody questioned why there was a sex toy mute button. It was in the box.
Speaker 7: In the box, I don't think they knew it was a mute button, but if anybody opened that box.
Speaker 1: They were they were very surprised. Yeah, because it's sitting at my desk.
Speaker 5: Can I give a shout out to stuff in the office? But now going on my car. Shelby just mailed this over to h Q. Thank you so much. That was very sweet.
Speaker 1: Is that a bumper sticker or break for birds? Is a sticker? Very nice for birds? Okay, let's get to the final dispatches. We'll do two or three. Maybe here's Sam.
Speaker 9: So we go to a different neighborhood with my kids to take them trick or treating. We live on a dead end street that isn't part of any neighborhood. So the neighborhood we go to, we've gone there for years and there's thousands of kids that go to that same neighborhood.
Speaker 1: And imagine if they show us not the care.
Speaker 9: Every house in the neighborhood seems to participate with candy and decorations and everything else. So they just want us have a thumb in their bum true ever saying no to the kids in this particular.
Speaker 1: Story bum thumb?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so. I think like this is the epitome of Hoa's being dumb, where you say, well, there's not enough candy for the kids in the rich neighborhood. So if somebody else brings their kids over from their poor neighborhood, you're taking away from our experience, it's like, no, the people in this neighborhood know how many people are coming. For the most part, they plan for people outside to visit. If some kids from like the more poor neighborhoods show up in your neighborhood a trick or treat, you know, you should be flattered. Flattered that you're in the nice neighborhood. They don't get to go back home to that And they're not messing up stuff and spray painting and ruining things. They're just kids trick or treating in a nicer neighborhood, So let them do it. Rogue Florida man has one sean.
Speaker 13: When the community does not have a gate, they cannot restrict people driving on the city street. Makes sense, right, cannot keep people out of a neighborhood. It's going to be a difficult thing to enforce, and the volunteers are just going to get into confrontations with people from outside. Yeah, and that's probably going to be more of a problem than just letting the kids come in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have no authority to do this. I think everybody's on the same page with this.
Speaker 7: What you could legally do but would be so awkward for everyone involved is just distribute wristbands to all the kids that live in the neighborhood and then.
Speaker 1: Leave it up to the parents to check the wristbands. Too bad.
Speaker 5: Wristbands than a bag of candy.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, you already wristbands? Sorry, no wristband, no candy. Get the hell out of here if there's no treats. Peter emails the show. Hi, Sean, Sabrina, Sea Lane, I have an am I the only one question. All right. I was hoping you could offer your insights on this. My wife and I have been married for seven years. Sometimes she will ask me to tell her okay, sometimes she will ask me to tell someone something unpleasant because that someone will quote take it better from a man. I can understand this idea to an extent when it comes to talking to men, but these kinds of requests come up as much or more with other women. Sean and Seeland, do your wives ever use the take it better line when asking you to talk to somebody? I have never heard or take it better. I have never been asked to do that. Uh yeah, that's that's a new one for me. Sabrino, what is your impression of the explanation that women may take it better from a man.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've heard that in the sense of where you like a lesbian mm hmm. But beyond that, if I.
Speaker 1: Why do you ask your wife that's kerr what she means by this? Because that I mean, I just see a common place thing. Yeah, we will sit along. We'll quietly sit along on this. It says thank you for more than a decade of listening pleasure, says this person. Thank you, thank you, thank you. All Right, with that noise right there, it's time to get the hell out of here. Here we go, let's escape. Let's do today.
Speaker 17: I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, So don't get cocky.
Speaker 1: What we call today it is today learned for a Tuesday, October twenty eight, twenty twenty five. Today learn this movie series Back to the Future. That's correct. That to the Future. We talked about it earlier. Today Back to the Future Part two correctly predicted the use of wall mounted flat screen TVs. They got that right. I mean, kind of seems a little obvious, but they got flat screen TVs that are wall mounted right. In their prediction of the future, routine plastic surgery. All right, handheld computer devices, a baseball team in Florida. Oh, there wasn't even a baseball team in Florida when Back to the Future two came out. Huh bitch, hands free gaming and the popularity of three D movies and twenty fifteen all predicted by the plot. I don't know the three D movies are that popular. Well in twenty fifteen they might have been, but they have certainly faded out now in twenty twenty five. Today learn the cool s also known as the universal s, the super s, the pointy s, or the graffiti s. Do you guys know what that is? Yeah? Where you're making six lines on top?
Speaker 5: Yeah, off s or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That little s that people will make it so it's hard to share you here. But that cool ass, a common symbol in graffiti and children's duodal since the nineteen eighties, was trademarked in twenty twenty. The trademark holder had no hand in the sybils creation, but stated no intention to sue others of it. But somebody does actually own the trademark on that surfer s thing. They haven't used it just yet. Let's go if you know what, We're gonna go to the last one and this will make sense because we're thinking about you Jamaica. Will take you on the show tomorrow. What happened with Hurricane Melissa going over and truly slamming Jamaica with Category five wins Today? With that in mind, today learned this guy Bob Marley. That's right, Bob Marley. There exists a conspiracy theory. That's as he was assassinated. Bob Marley was by aia CIA agent who gave him a Converse shoe infected with cancer which spread from his toe to his brain. That's not true. Among those who believe in this conspiracy theory, you have ti in Busta rhymes. But that's not how he died. Bob Marley died in nineteen eighty one, still one of the most famous people in Jamaica to this day. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. Good luck to everybody in Jamaica. If you're out there, we'll see you tomorrow the same time, the same place, missing either show. Get the podcast over at the Neewsjunkie dot Com Sealator. Everybody all right,