Speaker 1: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram. Yeah, super duper. That's nice. Might a go Nito Gay? Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the twenty ninth day of December twenty twenty five. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the Partrip Morning Shows Monday. We are live and in studio. Welcome back everybody, well not everybody. Sauce is not here, I must been won't be coming in, but Ben'll be here. He'll be here at seven, Corey's here, and I think zach Go's here. So you know we're gonna get through. It's gonna be good. We got a lot of things to talk about it and and and listen, if you don't have to go anywhere, don't go nowhere. The roads are they're doing their best, but it's a It was like driving here on the on the old ice rink is exactly what it was. So y'all be careful out there. Let's get some comedy. Go on, let's get this thing started. Here's Joe list some comedy on a Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Come on in now. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 3: I was on a plane the other day to guy next to me was like, what do you do? And I was like, I mind my own business on airplanes, That's it doesn't matter where you are on the plane. You feel better than everybody behind you, don't you. You could be in the second to last row. This one guy behind You're like, what am an idiot back there? Embarrassing wlizer last row. I was on a plane the other day. I hated the guy behind me. He kept yawning out loud the whole flight. The whole flight he's like for like five hours. First of all, you don't need to make a noise when you yawn. That's a decision he's deciding to do that. It's like if you're hungry on a plane, you were like, I'm hungry. You are right, Yeah, Yah, I'm hungry. I like, whte people know when I'm hungry. I think it's important for people to know that people yawn all loved. They want attention. That's why they're doing it. They want you to be like, oh my god, are you tired? Knowing I am, here's my entire life story of how I came to be tired.
Speaker 1: He'll fall for it to trap.
Speaker 3: Plus isn't it fun to not ask somebody a question when they really want you to ask him a question.
Speaker 1: You ever do that with So?
Speaker 3: I was like, I had a wild night last night, and then you're like neat and then you just walk on ron. That's like one of my favorite things to do. Just tell me your story, don't make me ask.
Speaker 4: Your sign is sweet and feet us on your side.
Speaker 1: Power tripple to show Monday, December twenty ninth. Even though I don't think any of us know what day is, we're in that section of the calendar. Where did it even feel like Monday this morning?
Speaker 5: How many times yesterday did you have to ask yourself tomorrow's Monday?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? No? It felt like.
Speaker 2: Driving here on on the moon.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it was icy as hail. Yep.
Speaker 5: But it is Monday, it is, and it is still twenty twenty five. Technically it's Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somewhere between Hawk and the Hawkins and.
Speaker 5: The Abyss, that's where we're at. We're at that uh, at that spot. No sauce today, that's no sauce all week until Friday. I know, ya se him in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, good riddance, right good?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, right, who needs you?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. A good riddance to him, Good riddance to Muss, good riddance to Lever. Yeah, will be here, Good riddance to all of them.
Speaker 5: See you, No, no, no, Ben'll be here, okay, cool, awesome, Ben'll be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good riddance, Good riddance. Zach's over there. Good riddance? Does that? Oh in a good way? Heavens me. The word good is in the phrase.
Speaker 2: I want to know what riddance means. It does sound like you're getting rid of somebody, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: Sure riddans I'm sure rid is some Latin root word for get your booty out of here.
Speaker 1: Man. The Latins really did speak jay uh steward is. It's another one of those phrases.
Speaker 5: Though, When have you ever used the word riddance without the word good right before it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And if you just say riddance, that, I mean that's really bad. Good rittance is one thing, okay, the action of getting rid of a troublesome or unwanted person or thing. So riddance, bad riddance, Yeah, good riddance seems like you're doing them a favor.
Speaker 1: I don't understand English. Yeah, those guys are crazy. I got no teeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can tell, sorry, Andy, but we don't understand you English.
Speaker 1: No, I never know what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. It's not the new year yet, is it.
Speaker 1: No, it's not good riddance to twenty twenty five though, those.
Speaker 2: I say riddance, not even good riddance to them in twenty twenty fives, like.
Speaker 5: More of the you know, the time warp that we're going through on Monday, December twenty nine. Yeah, doesn't it feel like the Christmas Day game against.
Speaker 1: The Lions was seven weeks ago? It was.
Speaker 2: I listened to the The Ben Guestling podcast in the way and just to remind myself of what happened, because I could barely remember.
Speaker 1: That was a tough watch, man, This this run for the Vikes. All we're doing is winning in mostly unwatchable ways. That was a rough game. Oh man.
Speaker 5: I think if you're Detroit, right, yeah, because our defense obviously was unbelievable. But if you're Detroit and the season is on the line and that's the performance you roll out on Christmas Day, I'm sure Lions fan line was pissed off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was pissed I found it enjoyable because I like defensive football.
Speaker 1: We kicked the crap out of it. If you like defensive football, guess pretty good. The offense was unwatchable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I enjoyed watching the chess match. Sure, the chess.
Speaker 1: Match, and which would have been more entertaining than that football game. Just a solid chess Watch chess match. Watch Magnus Carlson take out some random and a parky. You know what is that writtens? Well, I mean the chess match has the beads. I don't think they got beads in the four. We don't know they have beads. That was right.
Speaker 5: Not everybody plays with beads in their ass. What I've never played chess with beads in my ass that can be communicated to from.
Speaker 1: Wait, those were supposed to go in your A word? Sure, no wonder they was the accusation? Was that ever? Was that ever verified? I mean, is that the guy who passed away, by the way, who the person with the the anal beads that was allegedly cheating. Yeah, that guy died, Well, somebody died.
Speaker 2: He was only twenty nine, like a grand national champion, like yesterday or day before something like that.
Speaker 1: Chess.
Speaker 6: No, that was Daniel Narodsky. Okay, so the anal Beads guy was Magnus Carlson. Magnus is the way toes? Are we sure Magnus? What didn't Magnus play against the guy Hans Nieman who defeated Magnet.
Speaker 1: That's that's not slander.
Speaker 2: Magnet the best Wait and listen, Neiman Marcus or whatever his name is there. I still believe he was just doing it for pleasure. I don't think he was trying to cheat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, just to kind of, you know, get in that flow stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know what, he said, fine riddance and he just shut those things right out of there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put them right in his riddence, I said, not now. Yeah. He also probably said, how do we get on the chest match on Christmas Day? Football? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know what would have rather watched chess, but what are you gonna do? Right?
Speaker 5: Universally loved halftime show though. It was so awesome. It was so awesome at home, man, it sounds at the theater or at theater, at the stadium.
Speaker 1: Everybody loved it. So you guys could see the whole thing on the Netflix I mean enough that everybody liked it at home too cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was wondering about that because and I were still at the game. I know Zacho was at the game too, so I wasn't sure what was going on Netflix. But I gotta be the best part for me was watching everybody go, hey, excuse me for being a friends.
Speaker 1: Who's the blind guy?
Speaker 2: Nobody knew because they go like this our.
Speaker 1: First all Bargardo and we were like, what do you say, Andrewson Dano, No, welcome back? Dude can sing? I mean he fell first incles acid, but still I can sing. They can sing, but he can't see, so none of us do. In fact, did I not? Did I not ask you?
Speaker 6: You suggested it might have been enriquet.
Speaker 1: I mean that's what I thought they said. I thought they said, looking wow, Now did Anderson danger to say he was neutral on abortion? What was that? You don't have a stance?
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody around us was going who who who?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But it was beautiful and uh a lady look fantastic, old.
Speaker 1: Lady Wilson.
Speaker 2: Everybow she's dropped about a person, right, I mean, she looked completely different. I hadn't seen her since Uh, since she got rid of that a.
Speaker 1: It was just me what I just I just can't believe the formula work. Though.
Speaker 5: You would think with the lineup they rolled out it was gonna get panned, but instead it was the other way.
Speaker 1: It was universally loved. It's like if next.
Speaker 5: Year on Christmas, Netflix says headliner Celine Dion with special guests Pantera and Scotty McCreary. But you know what I'm saying, it doesn't make any sense on paper. You're like, oh, man Snoop halftime, this is gonna be badass.
Speaker 1: Who did he bring with? Did he bring Wrang and Nate Dogg? No, he brought Laney Wilson in a blind guy and it kicked that. What what do you mean he didn't snoop though? He didn't bring out dre and like Mace or something. No, No, he didn't bring out Mace, Roncos Glenn Mason.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know. Hey man, whatever spin the wheel. I think somebody in Netflix's spun a wheel and said it landed on Landy Wilson.
Speaker 5: Fly her out there. They like her, just have Snoop dance while she's singing. I thought he's high.
Speaker 1: He won't know the difference and the blind the blind guy doesn't know where he is, so just he was still wearing his night night robe. Yeah, just have him stand out there and sing. He won't know what's going on. It's fine, every note, it's just Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 2: It don't matter no snow Rock featuring Vladimir Lenin.
Speaker 1: Vladimir Lenin. Yes, it's uh, why is he here? It's got nowhere else to be.
Speaker 5: He's got no place else, huh Snoop. But man, they need a better sound system at US Bank Stadium. Nobody knows who these people are. We can't hear no. Actually, actually I thought it sounded. The sound was fantastic because they actually.
Speaker 6: Brought out their own speakers for the halftime show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the music and and and Snoop sounded great. I just couldn't figure out who the people were. And I certainly did think it was in Regae. That's because my ears played tricks on me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I was at I was at a family function.
Speaker 5: So for a part of the game that I luckily didn't have to watch because it was a rough one. I did see a lot of negative comments on how Netflix tried to roll out former players during the game, like, here's Barry Sanders on his couch. Hi, Barry, what are you doing? It's watching football? It's fun game.
Speaker 1: Cool, thanks man, Okay, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Netflix. Yeah, so I liked that they try new things. But it sounded like that didn't go very well, I thought.
Speaker 1: I because I couldn't again, couldn't hear.
Speaker 2: I can only see the television cut, so I kept saying, why are they why do they have Hell's Angels on the pregame show.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize they were wrestlers. I had no idea.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what was going on, but I just thought people had gotten beat up and they'd had the set overtaken by a by a savage biker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like seth Rowlands or something. I forget who anybody was. I couldn't hear anything. Chris Carter. Chris Carter is a biker game. Yes, that's sounds right. Actually, that would be a good biker What part of the name Biker Game or gain universe? I would have dislike the most. I don't like the I don't want to wear leather. I guess biker bitches like you wouldn't like that. I wouldn't like most. I don't want to get tattoos. I'm not looking to fight. I don't want to be on the road that much. Do you like drugs? No? Do you like? Uh? You like carting around bitches? No? I don't like carton around anything, let alone bitches. Carton arounds a lot of fun. That is definitely on my list. Drinking? Neutral on drinking? What about?
Speaker 2: What about feeling the wind in your hair?
Speaker 1: Doesn't do much for me? Wos wearing a hat? Wait a minute, not just spiker stuff? Is there anything you like? That's how you know somebody doesn't want to have fun if they're not even willing to just at least entertain the idea of carton around bitches. I didn't even hesitate. I was like, nah, it didn't sounds fun. You don't seem like it. No, not interested. No. Maybe when I was like twenty three, I've been like right this way, ladies. Now it's like whatever, Just I'm gonna go watch a guy play chess against the dude with handle beads and see who wins. You like beads stuff? Yeah? You like what now? You like beads? Stuffed? Beads? Stuffed?
Speaker 2: Do you like sleeping under the stars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, you guys have a nice Christmas though slash birthday in your case. Oh yeah, man, everything good, Everything was Zach. Oh, yes, yeah, it was great. We canna talk about the World Juniors. It was great.
Speaker 2: The weather's terrible again. If you're trying to drive somewhere, don't just stay home if.
Speaker 5: You can, Although wouldn't you argue, I don't know how much you were out and about yesterday. I know it's kind of icy this morning and the roads aren't great. I actually thought yesterday it was going to be.
Speaker 1: Worse than it was. It wasn't great, you know, I think, But it wasn't bad.
Speaker 2: Were right on the edge because I live in Rogers and it was a healthcape, okay, And in fact I could see as I got closer, even into Maple Grove, started getting better. And then I got on one sixteen hours like this ain't beatter.
Speaker 5: No, it's not that bad. And I thought I was gonna have to snowblow multiple times. I did once and it was a piece of cake. And then the snow kind of got blown around a little bit, so it kind of got rearranged, but it stopped snowing way earlier than I thought it was supposed to. I thought it was supposed to snow straight through until the morning.
Speaker 2: I had one of those days done. I wish I could go back and do all over again, because I had. I looked outside when I was like, well, I can't go anywhere, So I'm just gonna sit my ass on this couch and right and watch people play anal chest.
Speaker 1: As you do. Who won nobody? I hope somebody tuned in. I hope somebody tuned in seven seconds ago. Man, it's a pretty interesting football day yesterday. I wondered what the Power Trip saying about it. I just want to stay home and watch ainal chess.
Speaker 2: That's what we call football in Indiana.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The playoffs are basically set right except for the division winners exactly.
Speaker 2: Which will be cool. I mean, it all comes down to.
Speaker 1: This, and I think Sauce took today off intentionally because Man Brock Party and the Niners are on fire. When Party is putting up monster numbers. Met through five touchdown passes.
Speaker 5: Had five, Yeah, because he ran to into through or five and ran for two. And that was after he threw a pick six on the first play of the game and then he was unbelievable the rest of the game, and that was a dramatic win. But they might be the number one seed if they went on Saturday. They are, and they don't have Bosa or Warner like, Yeah, they might be the best team in football if they had their full roster. And they still might be the number one seed and they don't have their full roster. What the hell is going on in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll go through all that at some point. Today's almost especially with Benjamin ate seven.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking at what, uh what might be the playoff seedings right now? And man, I'm just shocked by some of it. Right, who thought Jacksonville?
Speaker 1: Right, come on with that? Who'd have thought? Right, Carolina? Come on now? No, that's fun, that's fun. More than power to a morning show on the fan. Hi, it's five fifty the damn morning.
Speaker 5: There's no doubt this is the Tame and Paula ripoff gen Eric song right, Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Are you Tame and Paula fans out there? I'm Morphy Rabbit and Paula fan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just shoot those Yeah, well more of a Chevy.
Speaker 1: And Paula fan. You really are what you used to be used to be. Yeah, I still am still a fan. I liked it. That's a good old days.
Speaker 5: My oldest kiddo is a huge tam Im Paula fan. I don't think that dude ever goes on tour though, Like hasn't it been a long time. Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 2: Like our buddy he does that one stuff who's now in a heavy metal band.
Speaker 1: Scott Oh like a wall Nation right, like exactly.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 5: I think the whole project is called Tame and Paula, but it's basically one guy. But I don't know his actual name, but I know she keeps waiting for him to go on tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does cars and experimental alt rock.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of a young boys being born and given the name Carol like that.
Speaker 1: Not anymore? No, No, speaking of Carrol, how caught up on Pluribus? Are you not at all? I?
Speaker 2: I haven't gone back in a while, so, oh damn that I need to do that.
Speaker 1: Excellent season one finale last Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta I gotta get back after that.
Speaker 1: I got to get back after that. Yep.
Speaker 5: It's one of the three or four best shows of the year. It's in that top group makes me want to watch Better Call Saul because I never did. I watched the first season when it was out. Didn't grab me, But everybody else says that's the worst season, and that's the build up season.
Speaker 1: But you watch Racy Horn and Pluribus.
Speaker 5: And go, oh man, this gal can act Racy Horn yes, and then uh and then Vince Gilligan who created Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul and Show of This and the Professor Yes, Mary Anne, so ye outstanding watching.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of what I may have been watching. I watched the John Elway thing.
Speaker 1: That was good. You never watched Stranger Things, so you definitely didn't catch up on that.
Speaker 2: I watched a lot of Christmas shows, you know, because it was Christmas.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I watched the Counting Crows documentary. It was fantastic. What else have I watched? Man? I don't know what happened?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, what happened? I had all these days?
Speaker 2: Often didn't look like I watched anything. Did a lot of music stuff watch. I did watch at Christmas because it was Christmas.
Speaker 1: You know I do that, Lady Chess, I didn't by yourself.
Speaker 2: No, I'm happy to see that the Pit has a season two that's coming out. I'm excited about that. It starts in January. I didn't know that until Like.
Speaker 5: It sounds like early twenty six has a plethora of peak TV show releases, whether it's new shows or returning shows.
Speaker 1: The Pit season two is one of them. But we're just a handful of weeks away from the new Throne show too. A Night of the Seven Kingdoms a couple of weeks away, that'd be good, man.
Speaker 2: I don't remember if there's no carryover, obviously, they're like ten thousand years apart, right, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know where the timeline is in this one. Yeah, it might be in between.
Speaker 5: In my head, I think it's between House of the Dragon and Thrones, but I'm not sure that could be wrong.
Speaker 1: Any of you guys ever watched the Fallout show with Walton Goggins. Nope? No? Yeah, me neither. I It's okay.
Speaker 2: I've gotten a bunch of people tell me I should watch it. I might start that it's on Amazon.
Speaker 1: I might watch that.
Speaker 5: Do you believe since The Stranger Things ends in two days and you've never jumped on you think you ever will since you missed the wave?
Speaker 1: Probably not?
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably not, which is too bad because it is your childhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it truly is. I don't want to relive.
Speaker 5: Your childhood, even more so than me, I think, right, because even though I was born in nineteen eighty when all this stuff is going down, theoretically, I was like five, and these kids are supposed to be you know, ten to twelve range.
Speaker 1: Yeah until this season. Yeah, it's your childhood. Man. Are you tons of references? Yeah? Never Ridden Story and Ghostbusters and Goonies and whatnot that stuff. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I listened to a lot of books on tape. I'm enjoying that, a lot of music stuff.
Speaker 1: Do you guys have New Year's resolutions?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Every year? I'm like, man, I should read more, and then every year I don't read.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: Three Tennis doesn't even have them. No, I think that's her name, right.
Speaker 1: That's her. Nailed it, that's right. She has no New Year's resolutions, apparently not. No, damn breem, get off your lazy ass and do something.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a suggestion. I'm not a racist, Maybe you stop the racism.
Speaker 1: You gotta work on that. Car O. You guys are both talking to me. Yeah, it doesn't seem fair.
Speaker 5: We agree, No, I mean the racism, I mean the accusations.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, man, I don't know about you, Rosie. What's your news resolution?
Speaker 1: Do? It seems like that was last year's too.
Speaker 5: Maybe one of my resolutions for twenty six should be stop hammering Rosie so much?
Speaker 1: Well, pull way back at least. I think that's Rosie's well Listen, I don't think he cares at this point. I think he loves to hammer himself. Talk about sex in that case, I was yeah, okay, yeah, I was just talking about hammering him verbally. Hi, I'm robert O wasborn Hi, buddy. It'll stick to that as well as anybody else will stick to there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'll be done with that by about jan what five or six? Maybe by your birthday?
Speaker 1: What? And that's coming up? Yeah? When is it? January sixth? A week from that? Man, j six? Going going on any trips, firmly in my thirties, firmly? Why don't what don't I? Why don't you and I should hang out. I'll dress like the guy from Jami rakay, and you and I can just travel the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should just like a buffalo guy and go to Washington for your birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the QAnon Shaman, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean they can't be using this podium for anything else, right, dressed like it's my birthday.
Speaker 1: That guy's out right. That guy's out of prison, is he not?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't know he was in prison.
Speaker 1: I think he's out.
Speaker 2: I think you should be the QAnon Sharman and dressless toilet paper.
Speaker 1: I just hated that JK from Jamiroqua.
Speaker 5: I got dragged into that because everybody accused him of looking like JK from JAMIQUI.
Speaker 1: That's not fair. The dude's not even America. He doesn't care. JK is not he's not paying attention. A K forty seven, JK forty seven. He's the guy from that one, that one song that's like, sure case somebody's listening.
Speaker 2: You're not listening to best of.
Speaker 1: What gave it away? You're thinking a virtual and sane any what song? You think? Yeah, probably the one with the cool music video with.
Speaker 5: The moving I believe it was the video of the year. I think, really pretty sure it one video of the year that year. Of course, you know that, well, you think it did.
Speaker 2: What was the name of the band Queens of stone Age that it was clever that they named their one record album of the year. I just thought that was brilliant because I saw it and I was like, oh my god, this is the album of the year.
Speaker 1: They had the album of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I'm gonna name my new my next record record of the.
Speaker 8: Year or the Beaver. Thanks Rosie, that'd be a good name for the record. For a record. Here's here's what I shouldn't scratch that one. I should call it.
Speaker 1: This I'm never gonna financially recover from that.
Speaker 5: Oh well you speaking of financially recovering. Nice bounce back. You and Parker split the Survivor because you both lost, but you both lost in the same week. So the whole idea of hey, what if we just chopped this thing up and go our separate ways.
Speaker 1: You guys did that accidentally?
Speaker 5: We did, yeah, accidentally chopped it by both getting we feeded in the same week.
Speaker 1: We both gets what six hundred and fifty bucks a piece something like that. Yeah, man, how many people have not paid you?
Speaker 2: You and and Sauce are the only two who have.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, Sauce.
Speaker 2: Paid me like like immediately, And I was thinking what bet did I win? I couldn't think of it. And then I then Parker texted me and he goes, how about this? I'm like, what's up?
Speaker 1: You know what's funny about the timeline that you said? Sauce texted you immediately, and then I'm the next one to do it number one again. Your word is your bond, right. I'm all about paying bets as fast as possible.
Speaker 5: I'm a gambler. Pay him as quickly as possible. I paid you the second I saw Power Trip Bets's tweet, which wasn't immediate. Sauce paid you the second the game was over, which means he was watching the game for sure. So he watched football and was like, that's it, those guys won. The money goes out. I don't know how many hours later I saw powercher Bets's tweet, but I was like, oh, they both lost.
Speaker 1: That's the team whatever Boom paid.
Speaker 5: But if that's me in that, Sauce, then you're missing what another eight nine people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, five hundred and fifty bucks. Yeah, let's go yeah man. Yeah, normally I would rip Rosy. He wasn't a party. He wasn't a party anyway, though, Blame him for two more days, I will, okay, and then I want to see how long I can.
Speaker 2: Right, that's gonna be uncomfortable for everybody, because you're gonna have to only think I can go with somebody else.
Speaker 1: You know, Well, I'll take it out on sauce front. Paid sports is next. Powers you want to show on the.
Speaker 6: Fan's snow and breezy twelve degrees right now, warming up to a high. Well, exactly where we're at. We're just gonna follow the rest of the day to three. So three is gonna be really three?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 6: Well, we get back up to thirty one tomorrow and more day is gonna be five for a high?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bottom drops off.
Speaker 2: Oh it canna be cold for your bottom to be off. That's right, that's factor marshaw. We are live, whether you like it or not. Libro be here about seven.
Speaker 1: Yep, you're gone tomorrow yep. And sauces too, Yes, sir, years that go great. Johnny Bones, I hope.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 2: I don't know Gler about Bones or or Gelmer, So I don't know. We'll find out. We'll just take calls for three hours.
Speaker 1: Throw back a little bit. Yeah, yeah, we used to do that.
Speaker 9: Let's do Front Page Sports for Front Page Sports presented by Holidays Station's Holidays Asian stores by two get one free. When it comes to Red Bull mixing Mattony flavors, you want a Red Bull at Holiday, including a winter edition Apple Thanks Holiday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had some of that. The it's real good. Yeah Soliday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Abigail's favorite. And she's like, you got taste this. I'm like, we've been talking about this.
Speaker 1: It is good. Yeah, go to Holiday and get some.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spike it with a Vodki. Sure happens. Let's get crazy in this joint.
Speaker 5: So Saturday night, the Wild one in dramatic fashion. They scored a very late six on four to fours overtime, and then Matt Boldy won in an o team four to three against Winnipeg in Winnipeg. That was the sort of a seven game road trip the Wild. They're now twenty three, ten and six. The magic continues. I don't know why we're here when they are playing Vegas tonight, we should be there covering it.
Speaker 2: That's where that's right where.
Speaker 1: Sauscy is at Las Vegas nine o'clock tonight.
Speaker 2: That's definitely where Mussman is.
Speaker 1: Is that where he is that's where he's at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he doesn't know how he got there.
Speaker 1: He woke up in Vegas. M Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was a little disappointed when I saw the schedule and saw that they were playing the Golden Knights on like this week. And then they're also I think playing during the high school hockey tournaments, So no road game to see Harper's new place for all me this season.
Speaker 1: Man, hey, sports Center, right now, they're doing that my wish thing.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, that bit right, yep, and it's there. It's a Vikings wish. The Vikings are paying off a young man's wish, which is kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Jeff um. I mean it's probably going to be mostly Jefferson related. The kids wearing a Jefferson jersey. You probably know this because you fly with the team. You're all over the place with the team.
Speaker 5: They just showed Jasper Brinkley and he had some weird titles something player engagement or development.
Speaker 1: Remember Jasper Brinkley. I didn't know he still worked for the VICE.
Speaker 2: I forget what his exact title is. He's still a huge man.
Speaker 1: It looks like he could still play, yeah, man, yeah, and we might need him to. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, and the Packers are going to roll out almost no one. They have almost nothing to play for?
Speaker 1: Or do they have nothing?
Speaker 5: I think they are locked in at this Are they locked in at the seventh scene?
Speaker 1: I believe that's it, That's all they can do. I believe you're correct. That game is going to be noon.
Speaker 5: By the way, on Sunday, right, they rolled out all the times, and yeah, we should mention that and stuff noon.
Speaker 1: Vikings host the Packers Sunday at noon. To wrap it.
Speaker 2: Up, I paid for twenty five for YouTube to let me see a bunch of games in the red zone, you know, And I was looking through yesterday a little after noon, like which game should I watch?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 2: Worth of Damned, there was every game at least one team that didn't care at all. That was the thing I'll say about your Vikes, man, they didn't have any reason to care. That defense came out and played, the defense cared.
Speaker 1: It would have been nice if the offense carre They did care, They just couldn't do nothing about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Bill the end of the Bill's Eagles game was very good. But the Bears Niners game last night was fantastic, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Maybe one of the game.
Speaker 5: One of the games of the year. And again I'm convinced that's why Sauce took.
Speaker 1: The day off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because party's on fire. Yeah, he's kicking ass. They're seven and one with him as a starter this year. His numbers are gigantic.
Speaker 1: And Pro Footballtalk dot Com points out the obvious. But I had forgotten about this.
Speaker 5: If the San Francisco forty nine Ers win Saturday against Seattle, they win the number one seed in the NFC, they get a first round by They also get home field advantage through the Super Bowl because the game is in San Francisco, right, or whatever city that.
Speaker 1: Stadium is at that's outside of San Francisco.
Speaker 5: So if the Niners can lock in the number one seed, they would not have to leave home the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: And as an environmentalist, Corey, I imagine you like the fact that they will reduce costume.
Speaker 5: Yes, travel, It used to be rosye because he cares about the environment, just asking. But I am not the number one environmentalist on the Power Trip because and the fan because I went solar thanks to Wolf River, right, So yeah, that is something I care about. Don't fly, just stay in San Francisco and win the Super Bowl. I get those digs in before the end of the year. Here, Yeah, is brock Purty and the Niners winning the Super Bowl Sauce's worst nightmare?
Speaker 1: No? No, what if is PJ. Fleck winning the Super Bowl? Yes? His worst nightmare? Yes? Is the Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 5: Winning the World Series despite the lowest like if they have the lowest payroll in baseball?
Speaker 1: Would that be his worst case scenario?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I think his worst nightmares waking up in the dentist suffice.
Speaker 1: No, that's the dentist's worst nightmare.
Speaker 5: Uh, the wild They're not home again until jan tenth against the Islanders again, seven game road trip.
Speaker 1: That are one down, six to go?
Speaker 7: Is that because of the World Juniors the World Junie which Zachary and our guy Mark Parrish have been calling the Team USA games Right here, I'm the fan, or at least the fan plus plus, which is like what ninety three point.
Speaker 6: Seven A couple more down the old dial ninety six point seven and the iHeartRadio app and the bathrooms and elevators at the x SO. In fact, the most comments I've gotten have been people who have said, hey, you guys sound great. I was in the bathroom using the urinal and I heard you guys, and I was like, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear a lot of people like to go to the bathroom and sit there and listen to the game.
Speaker 6: That's nice just for you, ah, I mean you can just bring radio and listen on ninety five.
Speaker 1: Oh well, there's that Takoba getting junior reference. He probably didn't get though he probably didn't know. I saw the movie Radio with I believe Ed Harris and Cuba getting Junior. I've not seen that. Oh Ed Harris, I like that guy. Yeah, and Cuba Gooding. Yeah. Sure.
Speaker 5: Friday, Gopher football one twenty to seventeen in overtime against New Mexico and something called the Rate Bowl in Arizona. Jaylen Smith with a diving catch in the end zone for the walkoff, and it looked like.
Speaker 1: It was going to get picked off, but he jumps out of nowhere superman's it and catches it in the Gophers walk it off twenty to seventeen, seven to zero in bowl games under PJ.
Speaker 2: Fleck, I'm gonna go ahead and give this a play because the lovely and talented of Mike Grim deserves it. I know, unloaded it him. Where in the hell is this thing, because here's the final call. Damn it, I know I loaded it in, although it does it go you go. Sorry, sorry, here's the final call. Mike grim go for New Mexico from.
Speaker 6: About this spot he found Jelen Smith in the first half. Lindsey waits out of the pistol, straight drop past time, throws toward the end zone.
Speaker 1: It is a diving attempt and touchdown. Jen Zone locks it off on a baseball field. Yeah, good call, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The defender for New Mexico dove backwards, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like he drove.
Speaker 5: He dove towards the back of the end zone, so instead of coming to the ball, he was kind of diving where the ball was going. Yeah, So it looked like he was going to pick it off. I think in his mind he is like, oh, I'm gonna dive and I'm gonna catch this. I'm gonna pick this off in the end zone. Well, but Jalen Smith took the path of a little less resistance and went straight for it and cut him off. So that ball could have been picked off if Jalen Smith did not step in front of it and grab it.
Speaker 1: Great catch. Yeah, man, pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool, made it hopefully worth the trip for grimm Andersey and everybody.
Speaker 1: It sounded like Gersey lived the life of luxury at an airbnb with a mini golf course at the house, a many golf course. That's a grim claim.
Speaker 5: Last week so he had a mini golf course and like a pool and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Must be rough being gergy. I mean, the guy works fifteen jobs. He deserves a little cash.
Speaker 2: That was word that you have to family at home and left five days before Christmas. Well, but who am I to judge?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Not if you know Justina cheepers. Wow, that guy a jeepers out of Zach Halferson. This place is haunted jeepers.
Speaker 5: All right, Hot sports take you ready, let's go over the weekend. Michigan hired former Utah coach Kyle Whittingham.
Speaker 1: Yep, five year deal. Sure did you ready for my hot sports take? Let's go.
Speaker 5: When you're Michigan, Michigan, take the name out of it for a second. Take the name Kyle Whittingham out of it for a second. Give me give me the ideal age of a coach that you're going to hire. If you're the Michigan Wolverines.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say forty two.
Speaker 5: That's almost exactly the right answer, right somewhere in that forty ish range.
Speaker 1: Do you know how old Kyle Whittingham is?
Speaker 5: Sixty two, sixty six years old? What's the best case scenario that you get him for ten? Right, Let's say he lives up to everything they want him to be and he's either a national champion or a national title contender for the foreseeable future. What do you expect to get out of him ten at the most?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: If I'm Michigan, don't you hire somebody that you could theoretically have for twenty five?
Speaker 1: Shouldn't that be the goal? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't know how it works nowadays, like college sports has been changing so happily, like the old way of thinking would be that. But I mean, if it's basically a professional sports league, light, I wonder if these there are a looking more shorter term. But still, I mean, he's still probably can put ten years in before.
Speaker 5: Maybe and they send him to a five year deal, and maybe they are just thinking, let's see if we can be competitive for the next five and then won't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Then that's probably the right answer. It's not even probably the right answer. That is the right answer.
Speaker 5: But man, you would think if you're Michigan, you're like, who's the next up and coming dynasty type coach that we can get to ann Arbor and never have him leave?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like almost every position in college football is a temporary position. Like the ad knows he's not going to be there in ten years, so he only cares about the next five years.
Speaker 1: I mean, but if you get a coach like Dabo or Saban back in the y, like you just if you if you have some success, you just never leave unless you want to leave, unless you want to jump to the NFL or something. But whatever.
Speaker 5: High I'm not an agis I guess I am when it comes to coaches. Yeah, yeah, sixty six? This guy is you sure? Is spent like twenty one years at Utah? The Cardiac Gophers.
Speaker 1: The Cardiac Gophers. Yeah, they're playing the first Avenue next Thursday, the Cardiac Gophers. That's nuts, the Cardiac Gophers. All right, it's that chare say something mean about it? You don't like that?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I mean it's your heart pounding every time you talk about the rate Bulls should have been the heart rate ball watching that game.
Speaker 1: The heartbreak Gophers, No heart sae warming Gophers. I don't know art that heart ring Gophers. That's it.
Speaker 2: You know who's had the most interesting career without anybody knowing about it?
Speaker 1: Coach or player? Individual? Oh?
Speaker 5: Just individual? Man, oh man, that's I mean. I don't even know where to start guessing.
Speaker 1: Tim Blake Nelson.
Speaker 5: I mean I would not if you would have given me a thousand guests. There's no chance I would have said Tim Blake Nelson. If you would have given me thirty thousand, I think I would have eventually got to him.
Speaker 1: I like the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tim Blake Nelson's the guy. And O brother Arthur says.
Speaker 1: We thought she was a toad. I've seen fantastic.
Speaker 2: Movies with him as of late that I that I would never have guessed he would star in. And then I just saw the following headline on a Google eight glorious books and movies by Tim Blake Nelson. You should read or watch books so that I clicked on the link, and he's written a bunch of books to.
Speaker 1: Get out of here. Yeah, I don't know he was an author. I'll be darn.
Speaker 2: Dude's awesome and one of them is being made into a superhero movie. And I watched a movie about him as a boxer, an old time boxer about Detroit. The movie is actually about Detroit, and it was actually about boxers who end up dying horribly. And the stat at the end of the movie told me what the movie was about, the fact that most boxers who die in the ring because they wouldn't give up, had fathers who rode them into the ground, if you know what I mean about being about never going in the towel.
Speaker 1: It was a fascinating movie.
Speaker 2: And the last thing that he's Tim Blake Nelson says in the movie is the entire movie.
Speaker 1: It's worth watching. This guy's great. He wrote books. There's another movie where he's a cowboy and uh, the Ballad of Something Something. Yeah the hell is the name of that movie? Ballot buster scrug scrug. Yeah, yeah, have you seen that? No, I've seen clips of it. Yeah, he's a badass.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's maybe want to watch the actual movie, but I'm worried that the clips are justly the best parts.
Speaker 1: But no, it's worth it. Okay, that's good. Worth it.
Speaker 2: And then and this boxing I'm gonna tell you this boxing movie. I don't remember name of it, but it's real good. But he's not a good person.
Speaker 5: But think of how you know we always talk about you know, sometimes your name, especially in Hollywood, is a choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tim Blake Nelson.
Speaker 5: If you take out the Blake part, you're just a guy that dry homep slot machines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a hero a heroic, heroic dry humper of slot missus. Right, you're just Tim Nelson.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who could write a book about hump and slot machines? I'd read that? I don't. I don't think I would. But again I keep saying I'm gonna read every year.
Speaker 6: Would it be like an erotica or would it be like just kind of.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't read it if it wasn't.
Speaker 2: I think it would be like a therapeutic thing. If it was written by the slot machine.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, I like that from the slot machines perspective, right, Yeah, I heard it's good.
Speaker 6: If you put the slot machine in the bathtub and your lights and candles and you read it, they would love it like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What really matters is next Scores and stats around the world of sports and Crystal change your life with something else. This is the Power Trip Won't show live technical late December twenty ninth on the Fan Fan Welcome back, Pat to your morning show.
Speaker 2: For the foreseeable future. We've decided to change the name of the Warning Show to a cardiac Gophers.
Speaker 1: We're gonna keep going that and see if anybody notices the cardioc Gophers. Let's do what really matters, scores and stats around the.
Speaker 5: World of sports, and then crystal change of life. I'll do the boring part, you do the fun part.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 1: The Wolves are at Chicago tonight.
Speaker 5: They lost one twenty three one oh seven Saturday to Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: They were big favorites in that game too.
Speaker 5: Whoops Minnesota now twenty and twelve, Brooklyn ten and nineteen. That was Saturday. But again tonight at Chicago.
Speaker 1: Whoopsies. Well that's a bad loss.
Speaker 2: That seems like it wasn't a good one. Everybody seems real upset about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's frustrating when you can beat it seems like okay, see, or you can at least push a great team like Denver to the brink right on Christmas Day and then you lose to the Nets. What doesn't make any sense. Very frustrating. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 2: I have sad news. A lion at the Coma Park Zoo is now in hospice care. He's being diagnosed with a untreatable tumor. Mom for the lion ladies and gentlemen, diagnosed with an untreatable tumor.
Speaker 1: Does he have kids? I probably a couple boys.
Speaker 2: Probably a couple of sons. Yeah, diagnosis came out. He was having nosebleeds. I didn't know any of this could happen to a lion, but but I guess it makes sense. It's just a it's just a living thing.
Speaker 1: Right, that's a great point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I never thought of anything but a human having a nosebleed before.
Speaker 1: I know, right, lions getting nose bleed.
Speaker 2: Bleed, and a team at the zoo determined next step should focus on the quality of life. They told him for years to stop smoking.
Speaker 1: Or at least gently tilts your head back. That's true too during nose bleeds. It's weird to see all the way back, just slightly.
Speaker 2: Where to see a lion walking around with tampon stuffed up his nose.
Speaker 1: Mumford hated those things. What what? What? No? Where?
Speaker 6: Do they put them the animals like in the winter time, like lions don't like this winter or weather, or do they have like an indoor part of that or.
Speaker 1: No, they probably didn't think of that.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit like the Kalahari in Wisconsin. Dell's like, sure, in the winter, you put him inside and let him go on water slides and have fun, and then when it's warm out they go back outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they get the winstters off a lion.
Speaker 1: Again, If a lion can have a nosebleed, why can't it enjoy a water slide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna guess it can.
Speaker 6: That'd be a good way to make it feel better in the and its final days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, here's to you, sweet Mumford. I hope you go easy, buddy. A lion is named Maji. Uh is his uh his companion maj I take good care of old mom in his last days. Oh Mom, Yeah, lions get nosebleeds.
Speaker 1: You learned something new today, title of the podcast. Yes, lions get nosebleeds? Come on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, it is that is and we're not talking about like kay Stabler the lion.
Speaker 5: The Vikings beat the lions on Christmas Day twenty three to ten, Detroit was eliminated from postseason play with you.
Speaker 1: Feel Lions in the Twin City. What a weird year the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 5: You know, it wasn't that long ago, maybe a month in chain the Lions looked like one of the best teams in football.
Speaker 1: Right, That wasn't that long ago. It really wasn't.
Speaker 5: What happened then they lost a bunch on Thursday and Christmas. The Vikings had zero turnovers and they four six out of the Lions. Brozmer fifty one yards nine of sixteen, zero touchdown, zero interceptions, Jefferson four catches for thirty yards, snoopat halftime on lockdown.
Speaker 1: That was outstanding. It was outstanding him and Enrique up.
Speaker 5: Next to The Vikings host Green Bay at noon on Sunday to end the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was That was a fun night despite everything else. I agree, And I know a lot of people, one that would normally be sitting in this chair who don't like it when they win at this point in the season.
Speaker 1: But I don't.
Speaker 6: How do you tell the players who were playing for you know, bonuses, pride for month foror the lion. How do you tell them, yeah, to not not try hard?
Speaker 1: And they tried hard and they won that damn game.
Speaker 5: Well again, speaking of sauces hot takes, Chris, I.
Speaker 1: Think you were gone for this. Yeah, it was a good old day, so yeah, you were going. He was gone for the holiday a bit, right, so we feel Christen on what's going on with the holiday? I think you were gone for this, right. So last week when Party threw for like five touchdowns, right, a career high five touchdowns. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sauce always trolls me when Purty sucks by posting the gift of Forrest Gump waving from the boat, like for example, he did that last night when Party started the game with a pick six instant Forrest Gump tweet. Last week when Perdy lit up the joint, I'm like, oh, I wonder what Sauce is tweeting at me tonight.
Speaker 1: Can't subtweet me if Perty's thrown for five sure? And I went to Sauce's Twitter account and his only tweet during the Niners game was the Holiday is a top three or top whatever it was, top five Christmas movie of all time?
Speaker 5: And I'm like so and Party likes to join up. You act like the game doesn't even happen, and you just tweet.
Speaker 1: About the holiday.
Speaker 5: So last week we decided, I said, look, Sauce, it's your Twitter account. I'm not asking you to do anything but just an idea. If Party sucks keep tweeting out Gump gifts, but if he likes to join up, could you just make that the bit that even if it's in September, you talk about how great of a holiday movie the Holiday is, so eleven hours ago, Party threw a pick six and boom, there's Sauce with the four of Gump Wave. Of course, nine hours ago, the Holiday is a top three Christmas movie. Yep, that's because Brock Party through three touchdowns and ran into in the Niners, beat the Bears forty two to thirty eight, and they are on the brink of the number one seat in the NFC.
Speaker 1: They be in the Niners.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this, I know you're upset Corey because you're not going to get your lobster from Costco. A shipment containing almost four hundred thousand dollars worth of live lobsters was reportedly hijacked in route to Costco in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Dylan Rexing, CEO of the Indiana based logistics service Rexing Companies, told the television stations that the shipment embarked from Taunton, Massachusetts and never reached its destinations.
Speaker 1: I have a pretty solid alibi, yeah, which is I wasn't there. Oh, that's pretty good. Incidents undervest investigation by the FBI. You know what I like about this heist?
Speaker 5: So obviously, when the louver gets right, or a bank gets robbed, or a jewelry store gets looted, a lot of people accuse me of of doing it, and they're saying, that's it, that's the heist he's been talking about.
Speaker 1: For twenty years.
Speaker 5: I kind of like the idea of stealing something that nobody would see coming. Who thinks of hijacking a lobster truck? Now, you'd say, well, how the hell are you gonna move four hundred k and lobsters? Yeah, but that's my job as the heist master, to say, we're gonna rob this truck. Who are we going to sell four hundred thousand dollars worth of lobsters too quickly?
Speaker 1: That's part of the game.
Speaker 5: The puzzle of figuring that out is exactly why I want to do the heist. Anybody can sell art and jewels to stuff, who's gonna sell live lobsters?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I don't know what the FBI is thinking, but it's obvious your number one suspect has got to be Aquaman.
Speaker 1: Am I right? I mean because he's stealing them to save this to eat them.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: To us, it's it's a bunch of thousands of dollars with the lobsters. To him, it's his buds and that one poor lobster that he can't quit.
Speaker 1: Baby. I was thinking I might have been missed Crabs for the same reason. But what if? What if Season one of Task was about a series of drug houses getting robbed and season two is just Mark Ruffle of going where they hell are these damn lobsters?
Speaker 5: Like in eight episodes, it's just him going, we can't find the truck. Yep, we don't know where these lobsters are and they have a task for us just to solve this crime.
Speaker 2: And can we throw in an extra character? Can we move Matthew McConaughey's character out of season one True Detective Detective and have him come into.
Speaker 1: This as somebody who crossover.
Speaker 2: Who knows a lot about lobsters often questions the lord.
Speaker 1: Was his name? Again? Was it rust? Coal? Rust? That's exactly right, Rust, which is weird because we all thought it was rust. But it's Rust's rust with a deep rust.
Speaker 2: According to the DHS, cargo theft counts for about fifteen to thirty five billion dollars in loss annually.
Speaker 1: Okay, I gotta get on this. Yeah, this has to be my path, this is my future. But again, like cargo, what do you I mean the logistics have ben Yeah, but it doesn't have to be lobsters. It's just cargo. I just got from a truck.
Speaker 2: That's right, cargo like like the mob does.
Speaker 1: Although I say they're innocent.
Speaker 5: Right, but some you know, some truck driver pulls over to hook up with a lot lizard advantage me.
Speaker 1: That's my time to steal it. Yeah, you hire a lot of lizard. What if have herd distract the drivers? You pull on away? Anybody know a lot lizard? Yeah?
Speaker 6: What if Corey himself is the lots? No, come on, man, I'm the highest master. You have to do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: No, that's Pete finding out that that lot lesson was Corey. Oh no, i'd not a little late, didn't you there? Pete still worked. I distracted him.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Pete. It's worth the halls.
Speaker 5: In here, Roady Zachary World Junior is going on. The USA squad has played a couple of times. You've been on the call with our guy Mark Parish. They play again tonight.
Speaker 6: That's right if five o'clock right here on FM one hundred point three kf a N.
Speaker 1: They'll take on Slovakia.
Speaker 6: They are two and on the preliminary round the coney mooreas two more. They got today it's Switzerland and then on Wednesday, not today with Slovakia.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, Sweden five o'clock. Both the games at Grand Castine Arena. Both have tickets available. World Juniors him into six dot com. But you can also listen right here in the fan or in the Grand Casine Arena bathrooms. You and Parish are giants in the bathrooms and elevators at the GCA. Oh a good man. You guys are gonna go to the Hall of Fame, the broadcasting bathroom Hall of Fame. I sure, hope.
Speaker 2: So I don't even want a seat in the arena. I just want a seat in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I bet that can be arranged. Thank you. More of what really matters after this, Ben Leeber joins in about twenty minutes as the power to want to join the fan.
Speaker 6: Join Cafans Corey Cove tonight and Willie McCoy's in Ramsey for cors Light Hockey Night dropped by starting at seven o'clock to catch Minnesota versus Las Vegas. Enjoy ice cold cors Light specials, and play trivia for your chance to win great prizes, including sweet tickets to a game in January. I get the full details now at cafe dot com. Just make the keyword calendar. Yes tonight, Yeah, man, that'd be fine, Ramsey rams not in Ramsey County.
Speaker 1: Crazy enough, snow take your word for it.
Speaker 5: Nice right, Let's alts do more of what really matters. Scores and stats around the world of sports. It said, Crystal, change your life and then Ben'll be here in like minutes. Cardinals tight end Trey McBride broke the record for most catches in a season by a tight end. Still got a game to go, He's already there, one hundred and nineteen. He has now he broke the previous record of zach Ertz in twenty eighteen. So Trey McBride most catches in a season ever by a tight end.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know that he was even close to it. No idea. I had no idea.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not a huge chef fan, but he would think that'd be something to be a bigger deal, right.
Speaker 5: No, But like you know the Miles Garrett sack chase, right, everybody's saying, well, now that he did it, that he might do it in seventeen games doesn't feel quite the same as if he had done it in fourteen or fifteen or sixteen.
Speaker 1: Well, but Trey McBride did this in sixteen, and he's on that list now twice because I think he did. He's like fourth on there from last year. He can do better. He did okay just yesterday.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this, Corey, while you're in Lovely Ramsey, Minnesota, tonight, stop on by District number twenty eighth school.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm legally allowed to.
Speaker 2: The school is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was originally a schoolhouse, I should say, later became the town hall. The building is one of only a few structures remaining from the beginnings of the township. It's a beautiful old building.
Speaker 1: Well shoots, I mean it's the twenty eighth school ever.
Speaker 2: It was built in eighteen ninety two and it's still there and it's pretty and it's brick and uh, right after the Pyramids nailed it. So they go stop on by the Ramsey town Hall that used to be District number twenty eight school.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm going to I think I'm just going to go to Willie McCoy's and then probably head home.
Speaker 2: But if you get if you get a minute, swing by Cory, huge city right by it. If you drive by, do me a favor. Would you make note?
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially since it's going to be dark out, there's not gonna be much to see. Man, just make note. That's all I'm asking. That sounds like a Pink Floyd lyric. Now.
Speaker 5: The Rams are at the Falcons tonight. The Rams are eleven and four. The Atlanta Falcons are six and nine. The MVP favorite, Matt Stafford at minus two to twenty five on DraftKings, could probably mostly lock it up.
Speaker 1: I mean he's the happy favorite right now. Anyway to be MVP.
Speaker 2: Will stick it in Matt Stafford them begin. What really matters though, is this, As you know, Corey. The first settlers in Ramsey were Thomas A. Holmes and James Batty, who built the old log trading post in eighteen forty nine. Stop all by Tonight. A task of village was platted in eighteen fifty two. The village contained the first post office in a Ooka County and a station on the Northern Pacific Railroad. A task Village was abandoned after the removal of the Winnebago Native American tribe in the area. In eighteen fifty seven, the first township, Watertown, was created. It was later renamed Dover and then renamed Ramsey after somebody sure Alexander Probably Nope, somebody named Ramsey.
Speaker 1: Oh No, Ramsey Bolton.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mentioned earlier that the packers in the Vikings square off at noon on Sunday. Right, the NFL, this final weekend always staggers the game. So the ones that are in primetime matter the most, right, That's why we have a noon game on Sunday. Yeah.
Speaker 5: However, we have a couple of Saturday games, of course, and these are bigger deals. Carolina at Tampa Bay at three point thirty on Saturday, and then Seattle at San Francisco seven o'clock Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 5: If San Francisco wins, they have the number one seed in the NFC and don't have to leave San Francisco the rest of the postseason.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful place.
Speaker 5: The Sunday night football game will be Baltimore at Pittsburgh Get seven to twenty.
Speaker 2: It's random and Baltimore, honey, everything else is the same.
Speaker 1: Could be Rogers' last game.
Speaker 2: It could be yes, my hometown. Yes, he's played pretty well, you know, all things considered.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so that's for the division. Correct. Whoever wins that gets in. Whoever it doesn't is out. That'll do her, baby. What really matters is this that'll do? That'll do? What's that? Old bastard's name is coach in the quarterback in Indianapolis culture now, Philip Rivers Vikings. I wouldn't put it past him. Why not? Why not? Is a is the question. It was cool that he flew all his.
Speaker 6: The team that he coached, the high school team that he left, Yeah, play quarterback. He flew him out the game on Sunday, and they got to go there and watch their coach again. How weird would that be? Your football coach just goes out and plays a few more NFL games.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool, Pretty cool? Pretty cool that he flew you in. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Investigators are looking for a connection between a body found Saturday on the north side of Monterey Bay and the disappearance of a swimmer and the opposite side of the bas sicx days earlier. The body was recovered from the ocean. Of course, due to the close proximity of the recent sharks, they believe this was a shark attack victim.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so they did find the body. That's the update. That is correct, sir. They found the best part of it. Whatever.
Speaker 5: So last week while you were gone, we talked about this because the headline was swimmer vanishes, Yeah, after possible shark attack. Okay, And one of the people in the swimming group where this fifty whatever it was, fifty five year old swim or went missing. One of the people in the group claimed they saw a shark breach with what appeared to be a human in its mouth before it went under.
Speaker 1: It never surfaced again. I'm no, Sherlock Holmes, that's a good clue.
Speaker 5: I thought it was as well, and then they said they searched for I don't know, it was like one hundred nautical miles to try to figure out where the hell this swimmer was. And I'm like, you're gonna have to cut the shark open. She's in the belly of the shark. But again they have to go through the protocol. But so, yeah, they actually found some of the body.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Here's the point I'd like to make as well. If I'm that swimmer and they were, if you're telling me they searched for the body, this is.
Speaker 1: How I would have helped them search.
Speaker 2: I don't see it out there from the beach ye or the parking lot of the Costco, I didn't see any bodies.
Speaker 1: I want to get as far away from the water as possible.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine? Can you imagine? Literally think about what you're saying. You're in the water and you see a shark breach with a body in its mouth.
Speaker 1: That's if that was a reality and it happened, and it's one of your swimming buddies, right, this is somebody you know, you know, and this.
Speaker 2: Really happened to somebody. That is a movie that somebody is living right now. They saw a body breach the water. No, a shark breach the water with a body in its mouth. Imagine what that does to you.
Speaker 5: And then somebody came up to them and go, anybody's see anything? You go, Yeah, I saw a shark breach with a body in his mouth. I'm pretty sure it was her. We're gonna spend the next four to five days looking for We're not sure if your.
Speaker 1: Story holds up right, We're gonna waste a whole bunch of money flying helicopters to and fro. Yeah, you know expensive it is to fly helicopters to and fro.
Speaker 2: Don't I can't even imagine. I can't imagine what it costs to get from two to frow.
Speaker 1: To and fro would have been a good worst case scenario. Name. Yeah, speaking of the phrase to and fro, I understand the two part right, I'm going to that. Yeah, is fro just from about the M?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's somebody that Tommy Olsen's related to who didn't have time for the M.
Speaker 1: It's two and froms brill car. It is somebody I don't have time to pronounce all four letters two and fro. And this sharky got time to breach.
Speaker 2: Oh Man Erica Fox fifty five, Monterey, California, reported missing on Sunday at Lover's Point.
Speaker 1: The sharks eat foxes. Yeah, license plates. Look, you guys know how I feel about this. It's my worst nightmare. The great white shark is my all time favorite animal.
Speaker 5: That's not a human. I'm fascinated by them. I watched Shark Week every year. I don't have a lot of sympathy for though, for people that go in the ocean, because, as the great Richard oaknik One said, if there were dinosaurs outside, we wouldn't go play baseball.
Speaker 1: It's their turf.
Speaker 5: If you're going for a casual swim in great white shark infested waters, sure you shouldn't be surprised if once in a while they're going. She looks pretty, uh, pretty delicious.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna see if she tastes good button bar. You do you think that the sharks pretend they thought it was a seal. I don't know what you mean, I've questioned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, my guess is, if she was in a swimming group, I would almost guarantee she has a full body wetsuit.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't wear a black body like wet suit.
Speaker 5: I would wear like, you know, pink or green, something that sharks aren't even going to remotely be interested in.
Speaker 1: Not you look like a seal. The word's not a seal on the legs like, oh, that was a close one. You're better off dressing like the singer.
Speaker 5: Seal, right, because they might be a little confused, like what's up with the leather pants?
Speaker 1: Big fan, I'm gonna sign something for you. Don't go in the ocean kids? Are you Seal?
Speaker 6: By the way, of course, how would you? How would you dress up like Seal? That's bothersome not doing that?
Speaker 1: Sure, man, uh hmmm, but man, I don't know so much of this. You're already out of it. Well stuff, no, I mean yes and no.
Speaker 5: How about the the game over the weekend that Derrick Henry had for the Baltimore Ravens against the Green Bay Packers. The Ravens won forty one to twenty four. The Ravens are eight and eight, The Packers fall the nine, six and one. Look Malik will look at the numbers for Malik willis in a seventeen point loss.
Speaker 1: Right. The Packers lost by seventeen points and Malik Willis eighteen of twenty one outstanding two hundred and eighty eight yards, fantastic, one touchdown, no interceptions. He also ran for sixty yards and two scores. How do you have that stat line as a quarterback and lose by seventeen? That's almost perfect?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you lost by seventeen because Derrick Henry had two hundred and sixteen yards and four touchdowns.
Speaker 1: And if I heard Brett Blakemore.
Speaker 5: And Dave Sinecon correctly, the two sixteen is the most ever by an opponent in Lambeau history.
Speaker 2: What's more important or impressive to lose after having that set liner to win after throwing for three yards?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Yeah, I'd bring those up sometimes, let's ask the panel. I don't think, oh, we don't have a panel.
Speaker 2: No, I mean we're technically we are the panel, and I've already given the questions I can't really answer.
Speaker 1: That's true. The backup to Malik Willis was something called Clayton tune. That was great.
Speaker 5: Clayton tune one of four eight yards and interception. Right, that's his stat line, Clayton tune one of four eight yards and a pick.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Clayton.
Speaker 5: During that game, Paul meets os Lambert tweeted, Clayton tune is better than Brozmer.
Speaker 1: Wasted no time, you know what riddens. Yeah. Sick of that negativity. Yeah. He then tweeted, I just lost it. That means everything one stunning package. No thanks, Marns.
Speaker 5: He then tweeted, the Packers are awful. They will be one and done in the playoffs. That defense is embarrassing. What probably right.
Speaker 1: Crowd likes it.
Speaker 6: This was supposed to be the year because whatever Packers quarterback is one at the age of twenty seven.
Speaker 1: But you can't.
Speaker 2: I will say that the NFC norse standings will probably be exactly the opposite of what I thought they were going to be. Yes, I thought the Lines would win and we would get second, pack would get third, and the Bears would get last. That's gonna be the exact opposite of that. How about that sports take that.
Speaker 1: Was a sports take?
Speaker 6: Is that a scheduling thing too? With the first place and fourth. Maybe need to stop doing.
Speaker 1: That so much. Gives every team a chance.
Speaker 2: Huge difference for us between finishing third and finishing fourth. I broke that down on the pregame with Musman the other day.
Speaker 1: Well, that's while these wins are ultimate leg going to kill us, all these wins are worse. You're incentivized to lose. Sure, all right, But that that said, not just for draft picks, but also the scheduling year to year.
Speaker 2: You'd never know who's gonna be good and who's gonna be bad.
Speaker 1: You just don't know. No, you don't know. You just I don't know. But finally, what really matters is this. Yeah, that's right, Corey. And here's what matters. It's break time. Ben Leeber should join in a second.
Speaker 2: You're in a second. If he if he lives through the drive, I think you look out there. We can't be sure, Corey, til we see him walk through the door.
Speaker 1: We can't be sure. I wish he yelled when he ran through the door, like Tommy, does you wish you'd call you know, some bitch? Yeah? I think Zach just wants men to make noises. Oh, of course the news is next. Ben Leber is next. This is the power tip. Won't showing the fan