Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Gina Cervetti with us from the Bloomberg newsroom. As we get closer to the weekend, let's start with Procter and Gamble.
Speaker 3: They had a strong quarter. They did.
Speaker 4: They reported better than expected sales and profit in the latest quarter. Steve consumers are paying higher prices, but they're still buying, snapping up Gillette razors and Secret Deodoran, among other things. Other areas were a bit weaker, including baby products, but P and G's results suggest a payoff in the strategy of charging a premium for its goods and telling us that they are superior to rivals.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Apple's Vision Pro headset get in a new feature with comfort in mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, when Apple released the Vision Pro virtual reality headset last year, a major drawback besides the thirty five hundred dollars price tag, was that users found, Yeah, it just wasn't comfortable to wear. So if you're going to pay that much money, you don't really want to end up with a headache. But now Apple's answer to this is a new headstrap called the Dual Knit Band. It comes standard with the new Vision Pro. Existing device owners can add it for another ninety nine dollars but it still costs around thirty five hundred if you're going to buy the new headset.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, hey, less than ninety minutes from the open of the markets.
Speaker 3: What are you seeing out there now?
Speaker 4: Well, the futures look pretty good here. We're waiting on that inflation report this morning. The down futures up eighty three as some P futures up twenty five, Nasdaq futures up one hundred and twenty one from Bloomberg. Genas Cervetti on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: All right, think it, Genea. It's eight eleven on seven hundred WLW. Steve Hawkins in for Tom Brenneman on a Friday. Tom's back on Monday morning. You know, on Friday's on Tom's show, we talked to Matt Roush talking TV.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Matt, How are you hanging in there? How about you? Good?
Speaker 2: Waiting for the weekend, and you know, getting colder and colder means we're kind of stuck inside. And that's some prime TV. Watching the World series starting tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'll occupy a lot of people, especially looking to see how shohe A Tani does see if he has another one of those miracle games, and so yes, that will be a major player in the next week on television as we see whether the Dodgers can sweep, or whether to repeat their win from last year, or whether, as they did in their series, whether the Blue Jays will take it to seven and make it really suspenseful. We'll see what happens over the next week. But there's so much else going on, and I think the real theme for this weekend television is that Halloween is coming, and if you like to watch scary stuff, it's everywhere you look, especially on HBO this week. And this is something I've been looking forward to for quite a long time because I remember when I was still at USA today, I reviewed the book when it first.
Speaker 3: Came out in the late eighties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is his magnum ope as one of the longest books he ever wrote, and of course that it is the gift that keeps on giving, because it was a very memorable mini series in the nineties where Tim Curry played Pennywise, the scary clown terrorizing all these children, and then of course it became a blockbuster movie, actually a two part movie in more recent years, and the people who made that have crafted a prequel that's going to be airing on HBO starting on Sunday, called it Welcome to Derry Dairy, being the town in Maine where all these scary things happen, where this ancient evil pervades and gets into the head of these kids, and whatever you're most scared of is what they take.
Speaker 3: The form of.
Speaker 5: Eventually, of course showing up as Pennywise the clown, and the Clown is like the scariest thing ever so in this series that is set in nineteen sixty two, So nineteen sixty two is also a time when like nuclear fears are everywhere and at school they're always telling you to duck and cover. Well, in a show like it, you want to, like, you know, get under the covers yourself because everything was really scary. So it's gruesome.
Speaker 3: It's scary.
Speaker 5: Kids do not always end up well in this show. But if you're a Stephen King fan, you know what to expect. And I have been a Stephen King fan for most.
Speaker 3: Of my life.
Speaker 5: It feels like I discovered him when I first read Carry and paperback and I've been reading him ever since. And a lot of his stuff turns out not so well when it becomes a movie or a TV show, but I think that it is. I think this lives up to expectations. So if you're Stephen King fan, you want to check that out.
Speaker 2: That's on HBO this week. I have big Stephen King fan. I can't wait to see this.
Speaker 5: But if you're an Ann Rice fan, you also are in luck because Anne Rice AMC, the cable channel. AMC has had a real good run with her stories, including most notably Interview with the Vampire, which has been a series which the first two seasons of that were just really remarkable. They didn't do so well with The Mayfair Witches. I mean that show still continues, but like it nearly as much as Interview with a Vampire. Well, now they've created a third series from the Anne Rice universe, which again begins on Sunday, same time as the HBO series. But of course you can watch this many different ways. But it's called Talamat the Secret Order. Talamasca is if you know the Ann Rice mythology, it is this secret society that investigates vampires and witches and all the other ghouls and supernatural things out there, and they're trying to keep a lid on it. But there are also a lot of them are very gifted in their own way, including this young psychic boy who gets enlisted into the program and he's sent to London to try to find this ancient book or something. So a lot of stuff going on there. But there are witches that vampires, and vampires have the most fun in the world of Van Rice, and a guy called Jasper who has taken over the London office of Talamasca, played by William Fickner, a really good actor. Jasper really steals the show, as vampires tend to do in the role of Ann Rice. So if you're Ann Rice fan, you got that to look forward to as well.
Speaker 2: All Right, so you got Stephen King Anne Rice. But you're thinking the scariest side of them all. Maybe this Netflix movie A House of Dynamite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it said in the real world, A House of Dynamite is a thriller that reminds me of the Cold War thrillers from the sixties, like fail Safe. If you remember fail Safe, when there was going to be like a missile heading toward America, Well, that's what's happening in this scenario. It's a Netflix movie drops today and Idris Elba plays the President. He don't see him for a while because you're seeing the situation play out from all these different angles, like a missile defense center in Alaska or the situation room in the White.
Speaker 3: House, and they're all calling each other.
Speaker 5: The Secretary of Defense and also the President gets looped in because a missile has been launched from somewhere. They're not quite sure where, but it's heading toward the continental United States. How are we going to deal with this? How will we respond to it? All those questions begin to meld together, and it's extremely intense. It is the scariest thing I've seen in a while. The movie doesn't really have much of a resolution, which I think will I think frustrate some people. But I tell you what, it's edge of the seat television, all right.
Speaker 2: In another spooky movie making this way to streaming on HBO that's starting tonight.
Speaker 3: Also tell me about this Weapons show. Well.
Speaker 5: Weapons was a big screen movie that came out a couple of months ago, and I was lured into the movie theater, which is a rarity for me anymore. But I went to see it, and I got to tell you, what is the freakiest horror movie I've seen in quite a while. It begins when an entire classroom of children disappear overnight in this small town and the teacher becomes this Julia Garner, wonderful actress. She's the teacher and she didn't know what's going on, but they kind of blame her anyway, but then she begins to smoke out the truth. It is weirder than you can imagine. This is one of the weirdest movie I've seen. But again it falls under the heading of horror movie, and it's by the guy who did the movie a year's a couple of years ago called Barbarian. If you're a horror fan, if you didn't see it the big screen, you can watch it as streaming on.
Speaker 3: HBO Max today.
Speaker 5: But if you watch HBO the old fashioned way, it begins airing on HBO on Saturday, which is where they put all their marquee movies. And you know, like I said, it got me to the movie theater, so I give it a heads up for that.
Speaker 3: All right, we move on from scares to spies now, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what a series I've been talking about quite a bit in the last month or so is Slow Horses. One of my favorite series on Apple TV. That's about these disgraced spies who somehow still win today. That's the finale of their fifth season airs on Wednesday. But also on Wednesday, they launch a new show, also from the same guy who writes the Slow Horses book. This show is called Down Cemetery Road, which sounds scary, but really it's about a suburban street where a house explodes and it and a child goes missing, and they bring in this private eye played by the great Emma Thompson. I love Emma Thompson, but she plays this really snarky private eye who's brought in to investigate what happened with this explosion and the child, and it uncovers this big conspiracy. So maybe this will begin a new series for Apple as well, because this, uh, this private eye has been this hero of several of his books. His books are so good. But The Slow Horses, if you haven't watched that, you could you can finish watching that and then then ship years to Down Cemetery Road. One of the best things that Apple TV has on and they had a lot of good stuff on Apple TV.
Speaker 2: All right, man, thanks so much, love talking to you on Friday's Matt Raush talking TV.
Speaker 3: Matt, how do we connect with you?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm a TV insider, a daily column and then on TV Guide magazine as well, so lots of TV out there right now.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks man, We'll talk to you next Friday. It's eight nineteen on seven hundred WLW. Chuck Ingram's in here, Chuck. We said earlier. Yes, it's National Crazy Day. Yes, sure is supposed to do something crazy today, something unexpected, and traffic was kind of crazy so far all morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 6: I think the craziest thing I'm going to do is like eat some vegetables or something.
Speaker 3: There you go, you should do that.
Speaker 6: From the UC Health Traffic Center, Mammogram Saved Lives called five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with UC heals ex s Print team. That's five one three five to eight four pink. Highway traffic settling down, they've cleared the wreck. Each bound on one nine near seven forty seven southbound seventy five. You'll just need a couple of extra minutes right now in an adle Bachland northbound seventy five between Buttermilk and downtown pretty much clear. I'm seeing some slow traffic southbound two seventy five between the Lawrence purg Ramp and the bridge. Still a little bit of fog there, but that also is starting to clear. Chuck Ingram news Radio seven hundred WAWL and the.
Speaker 2: Ninth first Warning Weather Forecast Center CAM says this freeze warning's gonna go away about nine this morning. The fog will burn off, will get this sunny day all the way to fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Now for Friday night football tonight.
Speaker 2: Whether you're going the Wilmington New Richmond game, the Newport Dayton game, it's gonna be chilly, but seven o'clock kickoff around the tri State is going to be clear, dry and fifty one degrees Tomorrow, clouds and a high of sixty. We actually dropped all the way down to thirty three so far at your severe weather station news Radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 3: Coach Zach Taylor of the Cincinnati Bengals joins us.
Speaker 2: Next to this report is sponsored by low tes Center fixmloaw T dot com.
Speaker 6: Guys low Energy it could be load testosterone Take Action. Load T Center offers a quick free T test at Pharmaceutical.
Speaker 3: PROWNS seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: General Motors in Stillantis will be forced to pay tariffs on some US made vehicles they import for sale in Canada after the companies decided to reduce assembly line work at factories in Ontario. Procter and Gamble is winning with the strategy of marketing its goods as being superior to those of rivals. The message for its tied ad, for example, is that the Detergent will end up saving shoppers money because it does a better job of keeping clothes free of stains. P and G is charging higher prices, but shoppers brush them off. In the latest quarter, and P and G reported better than expected sales. Amazon has introduced a new AI powered tool for shoppers who may be feeling overwhelmed by all of the choices. The new feature is called help Me Decide. It will recommend a specific product when shoppers are having a hard time choosing. And that delayed inflation report was just released showing prices still rising but inflation coming in better than expected, with underlying prices up two tenths percent month over month and three percent year over year from Bloomberg. Genas Cervetti on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Peter Harlambus with his ABC News investigative reporter in New York.
Speaker 3: Peter, this was breaking yesterday.
Speaker 2: Tell our listeners what happened here with these dozens of NBA linked illegal betting and rig poker schemes.
Speaker 3: What happened and where we're at now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is a massive scandal that broke out yesterday. There are two separate indictments here, one of them a ledges, and they're both related to kind of connected but slightly different schemes. One of them relates to about thirty one people who allegedly engaged in the scheme.
Speaker 3: To attract people to.
Speaker 7: Illegal poker games where they use technology like X ray poker tables and legal card shuffling machines to ensure that the ods would always work in the favor of the house, basically basically making more than seven million dollars from that scheme. Included in those in that indictment is Portland Trailblazers coach Trump Sat Phillips, who allegedly was used to promote these games. Separately, but relatedly, there's another indictment that charges six individuals, including including multiple players including We're talking about Miami keath Guards and Rosier former player Damon Jones, who allegedly used inside information to place bets about individual players injuries. We're talking about individual bets that made more than two hundred thousand dollars per game.
Speaker 2: These are guys, they're they're not making fifty grand a year. They've got multimillion dollar contracts in some cases.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's really mistunning part of this, right, We're talking about really wealthy individuals. Yeah, making a good amount of money here near two hundred dollars is not Trump change. But the question is why It's not like this is coming out of need and I think of anything that's really going to help the government here in making their case. You know, if any of these individuals decides to go to trial, you know, this is a time where this is a kind of case where you're going to hear an opening statement where the word greed is used dozens of times. This is not this is not a crime that was based out of necessity. This is a crime based set of greed. They allege that not only you know, led to some people to be injured because they used the violence to collect that to these poker games, but also kind of delegitimize the entire league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're talking about the NBA scandal, the poker scandal. I didn't even know this, but I've been reading about it and seeing it this morning. These poker games use an advanced technology, rigged shuffling machines, even at like an X ray table, to read the cards while they're faced down.
Speaker 7: It's really straight out of a Hollywood movie. And wow, it's worth if you can looking at the photos that were included in this indictment.
Speaker 3: It's wild.
Speaker 7: So there's the as you mentioned, X ray machine that basically let these players let the people on the inside know what was in Trston's hand, and they also had this shuffling machine. And what they basically did was those machines transmitted that information about who basically has the winning hand off site to an individual who's part of the scheme, who then basically texted that information to one of the people at the poker table, who then basically let the other people at the poker table who are on the inside know how to place their bets.
Speaker 3: So it was like.
Speaker 7: This complex series of events. Every time they said they did a hand of Texas hold them that was used to ensure that basically there was no chance of winning if you were one of the people that were lowered to these games.
Speaker 3: And then of course this involves.
Speaker 7: More than a dozen mafia members who allegedly used the violence to collect money after the fact.
Speaker 2: Wow, the NBA head coach, NBA guard Are these career ending allegations or are they going to be let back in the league?
Speaker 3: Can they finish this year? Where's that stand? Real quick?
Speaker 7: You know, for now they are suspended, but I don't necessarily think these are career ending per se.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know, these are people who are under.
Speaker 7: Contracts, who are worth a lot of money, who you know, are kind of vidal to their teams in a way. So you know, depending on how this is played, if they plead guilty, if they cooplod with investigators, if they you know, say they're sorry for their coment, this is it is a potential we can see more from these people. But we'll have to see how they decide to approach this case. For now, are understanding if they intend to plead not guilty. But I'm sure over the next few week, weeks and months we'll hear a bit about the guilty police because it's such a large and sprawling case.
Speaker 2: All right, Peter hail Ambos with ABC News, thank you so much for your report this morning.
Speaker 3: Much appreciated. Thanks so much for having already It's.
Speaker 2: Eight forty four seven hundred WLW Steve Hawkins and for Tom Burnhaman and he's in on Monday.
Speaker 3: Chucks in here, Chuck you there.
Speaker 2: I sure I am. Before we do traffic here. You know one of my favorite days of the year one week from today, Halloween. Yes, I'll be out there passing out the candy, scaring the kids. My shirt actually, the shirt I have actually says this is my costume.
Speaker 3: Nice. There you go.
Speaker 6: You're going out of your way this year. A yeah, but it's a T shirt and I'm sure it's going to be cold to be covered up. What are you handing out candy? What kind of can not my department? I have a boss at home. Tho, there you go. I don't know what I got. I got all the I got candy. Come on over, candy? Uh did you see this one?
Speaker 3: In five?
Speaker 2: Adults usually pretends not to be home on Halloween. They turned the por you turned the porch lights off and pretend not to be home when the little princesses and spongebobs.
Speaker 6: Come by to get a piece of candy. I may have done that once in a former neighborhood. There you go.
Speaker 2: Trick or treat was not what they used to say. And I'm not lying. This is according to the Ibray of Congress. The kids used to yell hundreds of years ago, bellsnickel.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, I can't understand why that might still be the case today.
Speaker 2: You open your door bell Snickel. That's pretty good one there. Do you know that trick or treating has existed since medieval times? Just like traffic reports, some Halloween rituals used to be geared toward finding a husband. Not lying, this is this is history dot com. You're ready for this. During the eighteenth century, single ladies devised Halloween traditions that were supposed to help them meet their romantic match. They threw apple peels over their shoulders, hoping to see their future husband's initials in the pattern when they landed. This is crazy, but I mean they may find a husband and he's got a couple of broken legs because he fell on an apple peel.
Speaker 3: Goodness, did you know that.
Speaker 2: They had sugar rationing during World War two, and it paused treating for a couple of years.
Speaker 6: I knew that they had the rationing, and I didn't know they paused trick or treating.
Speaker 3: So I've learned something today.
Speaker 2: Halloween the second largest commercial holiday in the country. Now it's Christmas and then Halloween. I bet you it's getting close to passing it. There you go, probably right this. We'll end with this one I thought was pretty good. So well, the Irish brought us Jack o lanterns. Okay, I've never heard this story, but the story goes an Irish man named Stingy Jack tricked the devil and therefore was not allowed into heaven or Hell, so he spent his days roaming the earth earth carrying a lantern, hence the name Jack of the Lantern, Jack o Lantern.
Speaker 3: Wow, there you go.
Speaker 6: That's such impressive, Steve, You've really done your homework.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, the Internet can't lie. You know, We've we've kind of had a rough morning out there, didn't we. It's it's been a really bizarre type of morning. Yeah, I mean the highways all that bad.
Speaker 6: In fact, I can't recall one accident on the highways, but there's been plenty of bizarre things going on in other spots, like in Brown County. This accident in Russellville one twenty five is still blocked off due to the wreck at Jefferson Street. This from the UC Health TRAMFHIC Center Mammograms Save Lives called five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with UC Health expert team.
Speaker 3: That's five one three five eight four pink.
Speaker 6: They're just about ready to clear the wreck in Adams County on thirty two at forty one.
Speaker 3: A couple of.
Speaker 6: Heavy spots on southbound seventy five.
Speaker 3: That's slow.
Speaker 6: At the Blackland Split northbound seventy five. There is a new wreck that's just north of Buttermilk. They're on the left. Traffic backs into Erlanger Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Hey, pretty good forecast for Friday night football. If you're headed down to the Talawanto Blanchester game, Scott's at Highlands, you got Russell at South Dearborn.
Speaker 3: All over the t state.
Speaker 2: It looks like seven o'clock tonight, clear, dry, fifty one degrees after a sunny day, and I'll have about fifty eight we'll take that cloudie. Tomorrow's sixty and then Sunday should be dry for the Bengals game. Temperatures in the fifties for the game. But that's pretty good drive. There could be a slight chance of range. Just be prepared for. It's still thirty three around the Tri State at your severe weather station. News Radio seven hundred wl W. Beard Dave joining me next. Talking about Ryan guys and you see his homecoming weekend. I'll tell you about that in a couple of minutes. This report is sponsored by Ohio eight one one call before.
Speaker 6: You dig, Guntact Ohio eight one one, at least forty eight hours before you dig.
Speaker 3: It's easy to do, and it's the law Center Point Energy, Columbia Gas, Duke Energy.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati, seven hundred wl W in Cincinnati, let's set out to Dallas.
Speaker 3: Jim Ryan, our ABC News correspondent. Jim.
Speaker 2: Some changes going on with cp guidelines. Tell me all about it.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, we all took this in high school.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people did.
Speaker 8: Stee, you remember pumping the chest of some mannequin school gymnasium. Well, the American Art Association has issued its first major update to cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the last five years, and yeah, it does reflect what's happening out there in society. It does include guidelines for the use of naloxone for people suffering opioid overdoses. You've probably seen the video of police officers or paramedics who find someone unconscious on the ground. They suspect the person who suffering an overdose. They pump this stuff into the person's nose and it's almost a miracle how quickly they recover. They wake up within just a few minutes. Well, the AHA guidelines now are advising rescuers on what to look for before they use no looxome, shallow breathing, gurgling, choking sounds, drowsiness, unconsciousness, and once those things are established, using locksoon is now recommended by the Heart Association.
Speaker 2: Well, and the new recommendations about child choking also as part of this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, choking in adults actually, Okay, the guidelines have included children for a long time on how to handle a child who's thought to be choking, Well, now the guidelines have been upgraded to include adults as well. How to handle that situation five sharp blows to the back and then five thrust into the lower chest theory below the zyphoid process. That is what it's known to the public essentially. Yeah, so yeah, that's that's been updated now as well.
Speaker 2: Everybody needs a review course. Put this on my list and get a review course to CPR. Hey, good information as always, Jim, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: All right, See Steve, And it's about eight fifty five on seven hundred wl W. You know that music. Time to talk to Beer Dave on a Friday. Beer Dave, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm great, Steve, how are you good?
Speaker 3: Good? A lot to cover here.
Speaker 2: We got an eight pack of topics, which I like that more than six pack. Let's start with Gilligans in Wyoming. They're tapping the furkin' Is that I say that right?
Speaker 1: That is is correct? This will be a freaking good time. This is a this is a British ale there their pub ale and this will be poured you know, like the live ales you get when you go through London and other parts of of England. So this is a great way to experience a really cool uh English ale tonight at UH at Gilligans there in Wyoming.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: What about Ryan, guys, they're releasing a commemorative Cincinnati Light for you see homecoming this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So they've got a goalpost and the fans sort of all over the canon that and this will be available at at Nippert Stadium as well as at the tap room at rhyin Geist. And then also this week they debuted their Fuzzy Bones, their THHC Beveragebviously, those things have been in the news a lot with all that's going on, and it's got the five milligrams like most of them do. And they're gonna dip their big toe into this with three flavors and you'll be able to get them currently at their tap room and then soon once they settle out everything though, it'll start showing up at a lot of your favorite retailers around the area.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: I got to take Cincinnati Light to my kids in Chicago when we go there, so I like that.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: Tell me about the American Legacy Tours offering their brewery and cave tours over the Halloween season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so since they're right there, you know, Ryan Geist is on Elm Street and right behind Ryan Geist's Northern Row. They named this Nightmare on Elm Street and they're gonna do tours. They start at one last night, and they've got another one tonight and then these will be going on through the Halloween season. But just go to American Legacy Tours and find out about the tour. But how cool is that to go down into an old beer caves?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for Halloween. I've been doing.
Speaker 2: I've done that with the family before. That's that's a great tour, So take it and thank me later. Is it Kraken? Did I say that right? Karrikin Spirits and Brewery?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they they're doing burgers, hot dogs, and fries. They're doing sort of a trunk or treat so you can bring the kids starting at four o'clock tomorrow and they'll have costume contests and all of that along with a lot of their spirits, their beer, and they also have a caffeine and fuel from Sincy which will be there with coffee and hot chocolates to the weather stay cold.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Tell me about Street Side Brewery. What are they doing tomorrow?
Speaker 1: So dom Gorgon Gone I always mispronounced that, but that's the celebration. Basically, it's their Scouts on Steroids festival every year and they're gonna have nine varieties, and I was able to get four of the varieties named. And they've got a raspberry tort, banana, maple, almond, pumpkin pie cheesecake and it'smores version and then they'll be uh, there'll be five other versions as well to try. And this is tomorrow starting at ten am, so you can really get a good early.
Speaker 2: Start refreshment stout. What does that mean again in brewing terms?
Speaker 1: So most stouts are are are black in color, and they tend to be deep roasted with the coffee notes, and porter tends to be more chocolatey. Stouts tend to be a little more roasted and coffee like.
Speaker 2: Got it Monday evening Barley Corns. Have you tried this Spooky Kitty Pumpkin spice cream ale yet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna I'm gonna go to this on Monday. This sounds like a really good cause because it's there. It's basically it's their pumpkin spice version coming out and it and it also benefits Chicks and Chucks, which is a local breast cancer charity, which which it's always good to sponsor any of those kind of things good.
Speaker 2: And we can't forget next Friday's Halloween High Grain Brewery celebrating with the kids and things like that. Kids eating free at both locations, I believe.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so four to close.
Speaker 1: So you could go before they kirt your treat, or you could go after they tirt your treat and bring the kids and their costumes in that and then you're not cooking. On top of all the other things that go on with Halloween, so High Grain both in silver Kin as well as that the old Brent would bowl up there in Finnytown.
Speaker 3: Good beerd Dave. Where are you drinking beer this weekend?
Speaker 1: I'm going up to a memory bill a show in the Cleveland area, so I'll be up along Lake Erie this weekend.
Speaker 3: Good, have fun, be safe, and we'll talk to you next Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sounds great, Dave.
Speaker 3: Thanks all right, Beer Dave.
Speaker 2: Always on Tom Burnhaman Show. Tom is back on Monday morning to get you going where you gotta go, all right, Scott Sloan next on the Home of the Best Bengals Coverage News Radio seven one hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: Inflation rising again, but not as much as expected, with the nine o'clock report on Brian copes breaking now for the first times. It's January, a cost of living rising at a rate of three percent again. Data released by the government this morning reveals prices kicking back up. Democrats blaming the President.
Speaker 10: Donald Trump and Republican They promised to lower costs on day one.
Speaker 3: That's what they said all of last year.
Speaker 10: Lied to the American people because costs having gone down, costs have gone up, Inflation up, electricity bills through the roof, housing costs out of control, grocery costs way up.
Speaker 3: That's representative of King Jefferies.
Speaker 9: While the rate of inflation is the highest and nine months prices did not increase as fast as predicted, and that could mean another interest rate cut by the Fed when they need next month.
Speaker 3: Now, the latest track weather together.
Speaker 6: From the UC House Triumphing Center Mammograms Saved Vibes called five to one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with UC Health expert team. That's five one three, five eight four pink. Northbound seventy five is getting better out of earl Linger to the what's left of the accident just north of Buttermilk. Southbound seventy five extra minute or two is all you'll need coming through the Lochlan Split Cruise. Continue to investigate an accident in Brown County that has one twenty five shut down near Jefferson Street in Russellville. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center.
Speaker 3: Advance Dentistry.
Speaker 6: The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck, We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 9: Sunday sky is today in the Tri State with a high fifty eight, cloudy tonight low thirty eight, cloudy tomorrow with the highest sixties. Should be dry for the Bengals on Sunday. Game time temperature in the fifties. Game Day four built by American home Tech storm Ready Roofs built the last American Homecheck dot com. It is thirty five degrees right now, stopping traffic tonight. To catch drunk drivers Hamblet count, the OVII Task Force will set up a sobriety checkpoint in Sharonville. It's going to be located on Lebanon Road near two seventy five from eight thirty to ten thirty no injuries at a fire and hanbled to the last night family able to escape safely from flames on Lilydale Lane. Those flames heavily damage the home. No word yet on what caused the fire. City of Cincinnati now looking outside the city to find someone head up the investigation into the performance of the police chief. Teresa Thichi's on leaf ending the outcome of that investigation, which could result in her dismissal, while Mayor after Pureval says it wasn't his decision to suspend the chief. Police Union continues to insist that the mayor is behind the action, calling him the puppet master of city Hall. Union wants the power to fire the chief given to the elected members of city council instead of the city manager. They say she's only doing what the mayor tells her. FOP is paying today day for a mobile billboard that's driving around downtown picturing Treval is a puppet master, accusing him of putting politics over public safety. You can see the twenty by twenty foot mobile billboard if you follow seven hundred WLW on x Hamilton County, warning people who receive food benefits from the government they won't be getting any snap assistance next month unless the government shutdown ends Jobs and Family Services says it has no funding to provide the help.
Speaker 11: ODJFS just sent some guidance to the local JFS about and that the words were the recipients may not get their November benefits and so that was the guidance coming from the state. As of last night.
Speaker 9: Hamilton County commissioned president in these treehouse doesn't look like Hamilton County will be following Butler County and producing property taxes. Counties in Ohio are allowed to match if they won savings provided by the state, but Hamilton County says to do so would mean the loss of thirty four million dollars in revenue to the county, local governments and school districts across Hamilton County. Baseball's World Series opens tonight in Toronto. It's the Blue Jays versus the Dodgers showdown between the US and Canada. Canadian Prime Minister is trying to get President Trump to agree to a friendly bet on the series.
Speaker 10: I think he's afraid to make him back.
Speaker 6: He doesn't like to lose.
Speaker 10: He hasn't called. He hasn't returned mynd call yet on the beat, So I'm ready.
Speaker 3: We're ready to make him bat with the.
Speaker 9: US Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney. Our next update is nine thirty I'm Brian Combs, News Radio seven WLUB.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 5: Get to Miami Valley Gaming October twenty fifth for a chance to win a.
Speaker 3: Brand new Jeep or thirty five thousand in cash.
Speaker 8: Must be twenty one Ohio problem gably hold why one eight hundred five eight nine nine ninety sixt six or visit org out Ohio dot gov. Ready to take a break, visit tin out Ohio dot com.
Speaker 3: Let's Park paid course st