Speaker 1: And I got your email, but I wanted to get you on the radio, Aubrey, so you could talk about this one. And you're gonna give us just like a little, a little PSA, a little bit of advice to not do something. Hi, Aubrey, quick the phone. Oh yeah, well, I gotta push her button there. Thank you, thank you. I appreciate that. Aubrey. You're on the radio right now. Tell us what you wanted to advise us against doing.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So, I heard you do War of the Roses last week where the woman went through her man's jacket pocket and found the receipt.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah that, And I remember we asked her, We said, why do you go through his pocket? She's like, because that's what I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what you did.
Speaker 1: That's that's what she does. So you heard that and then you thought of us because something happened to you this weekend. What happened?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, So I am here for my PSA to tell everyone, don't snoop.
Speaker 2: I found out the hard way.
Speaker 1: What'd you find out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my boyfriend was out of town until last night.
Speaker 2: He came in from MSP and rushed into the bathroom because you know, I really had to go, and I was.
Speaker 3: Just going through his carry on just to help him out, and I found an engagement ring.
Speaker 5: Oh no, wow, you can't feel bad.
Speaker 1: Now here's the important question.
Speaker 3: It was for you?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, clearly not somebody. Okay, So an engagement resource in the box and it's all ready to go, a new, shiny, beautiful engagement ring. What I mean, we know what that means? Tell me the story?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, like of like of how we met?
Speaker 1: Well no, but I mean now, so what do you do then? Do you put it back and pretend you don't know because now you know he's gonna he's gonna propose to you?
Speaker 4: Or did you say something?
Speaker 3: Or no, I'm I am not saying anything. I am pretending that it didn't happen at all. But you know, now now that I know I have to I'm like overthinking. I'm like, oh my gosh, okay, now I have to act surprised. What do I look like when I'm surprised? And all of the thoughts are going on in my head?
Speaker 6: Oh man, especially if you're not used to like acting, You're like, oh my god, do you know where it's going to take place?
Speaker 1: Do you think you do? You have a plan. Does he have a plan?
Speaker 2: Well, I have a feeling that it's this coming weekend because we're going to Split Rock Lighthouse and that's where we went on our first weekend vacation.
Speaker 1: So they're in the shadow of Split Rock Lighthouse. You're gonna be He's gonna be all nervous, and you can be fumbling around in his pocket, pat in his pocket to make sure it's there. And then he's going to turn to you and go, hey, Aubrey. And then he's gonna get down on one knee and you're gonna have to have your You know what you need to do practice? That's an ammunicate to practice. You need to get in front of the bathroom mirror. And when he does that, first thing that you have to do is you have to put both hands up to your mouth and go.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you go ahead? Practice with one hand. I know you're holding the other phone. Go ahead and give me a practice shot there, will you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Let me practice?
Speaker 4: Okay, looks great.
Speaker 1: Okay, now leave the How long do you leave that? And you gotta flitter your fingers while your mouth you bring them up.
Speaker 4: And you have to deny it.
Speaker 7: You have to be like, no, stop, that's a kid, you're kidding, that's call okay, and then he'll be like he'll probably say something because I think a lot of the time it's like I loved you and I knew you were the one from the first time I met you.
Speaker 1: I don't care where I go when I'm with you, we always have a great time. And then you're gonna sit there and you go but you nod or not and starlitter okay, nod and start to cry. Okay, good, Okay, maybe you'll have to.
Speaker 4: And then once he actually holds your hand, you have to jump at least once what like a hop like a okay.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little bit too much.
Speaker 4: No, you're over selling it.
Speaker 1: Tell me more.
Speaker 5: I just don't think just hop or whatever. I think the crying the hands of the face is all cool, man. I would just be pissed if I was this guy. I want my girlfriend to listen.
Speaker 4: To know nothing, well, of course nothing, but he doesn't. Whatever he doesn't know is not gonna hurt him. But what if he does know? What if he knows her so well? Then whenever she does this, what like the fluttering of the hands, He's just like really.
Speaker 1: I think I think you gotta not over sell it. But listen, here's the thing. He's gonna be so nervous. He has no idea that you know. He's just gonna be so excited. You're gonna be so because when it comes down to it, you might know it's gonna happen, but you're still gonna be so excited. If you just missed us that she was going through her boyfriend's carry.
Speaker 4: On last night? Was it last night?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, found an engagement ring in a box. I'm gonna guess it was from wedding day diamonds, but you don't have to say so. Now she's like, you're going to split rock this weekend. You already know that he's gonna propose this weekend. We're just trying to figure out how to make her look authentic when she gets the proposal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just don't overdo it.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna tell him? Maybe after the not not like right after it happens, but in a couple of months, like I knew.
Speaker 1: Take, is there anybody listening who thinks she should tell him? Is there anybody listening who thinks that she should tell him? Eventually? I think that maybe a year down the road on your first anniversary.
Speaker 4: I don't know, No, I would never.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You're right now that I think about it, I wouldn't say anything.
Speaker 4: Sived somebody did say.
Speaker 6: At least now she can make sure that she looks cute for the pictures.
Speaker 4: So just like, get up a little bit earlier. You're sure you look amazing.
Speaker 1: You don't look like Kenny on South Park with your face all up in a in a in a hoodie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, good luck, thanks for sharing. And the lesson is especially you guys this time of the year. Don't snoop. You can't snoop this time of the year.
Speaker 4: What's this time of year?
Speaker 1: Christmas?
Speaker 4: For Christmas presents? Okay, that's when people get engaged just for holiday. It was the best time the snoop.
Speaker 5: When you were a kid, you would try to go onto the Christmas tree and unwrap your present slowly.
Speaker 1: Oh no no, but then you mess up the tape and so your mom would find out. Let me call my Hey, Aubrey, thanks for calling. I appreciate you, and good luck and congratulations, Thank you. Bye. Let me call my daughter Beth really quick because she has a story about snooping.
Speaker 4: Let me see if I get a hold of Christmas present.
Speaker 1: Let me I want to have her tell the stories. She's at work, so she might not be able to answer, like, oh god, what that's her? Hello? What your daddy? Hey, good morning. We're on the radio right now, and I want you to tell the story about how you learned when you were a little girl with your siblings not to snoop for Christmas presents.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, my sister and I would be the last ones in the house and we would walk down to the bus stop.
Speaker 1: When it was time.
Speaker 8: And as you know, as we got older, we figured that we could open up one little corner of the present and just kind of peek in there a little bit and then see what it was, and then take it back up and then leave and go to school. And we figured Christmas morning we would, you know, still have all these amazing presents that show up after, you know, because Santa Claus comes sure, and yeah, so when we had Christmas Morning and we opened up all of our presents, we were super bummed because we already knew what we were getting and we were like, we are never doing this again.
Speaker 1: And it ruined the whole thing. So you were like ten years old and then you found out that was really cool to find out. Oh I'm getting you this, I'm getting to that. But on Christmas morning there was no joy of the surprise.
Speaker 4: Yep, exactly right. It was all ruined.
Speaker 1: So remember that, Bailey, I will remember that.
Speaker 4: I swear no peak.
Speaker 1: How are you bad?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How about you let me ask you a question. We did this on the radio last week. Okay, so I'm gonna put you on the spot. We're gonna give you a would you rather? Would you rather for one year? For one year, you have to either every social thing you do is with me your dad. That's one option. Or you can go out with anybody you want for a year, anytime you want. But every time you poop it hurts so bad you scream. So now you have to choose. Would you rather have it hurt so bad when you poop that you scream, or the only social engagement would be with me for one year.
Speaker 8: I mean, I totally hang out with you for a whole year, but I think you get sick, sick of hanging out with me for the year.
Speaker 1: Oh never, never, all right, Love you best, I might change your mind though, Yeah, all right, love you to bye.
Speaker 4: Dave chooses to scream while he poops. I just can I switch it. I did get some text messages.
Speaker 1: Tell me about the engagement ring.
Speaker 6: Yeah. People are saying, hey, there's a silver lining. Now she can get a cute manicure. Some are saying tell him later on happened to me and I told him like a month later.
Speaker 4: See that's what's worrying me. There's a bunch of text messages.
Speaker 5: One of them says, uh, I found my ring before he propose, I'll take it to my grave. Another I tried to call her, but she didn't want to be on the radio. She said that she told him after the fact. I'd pray whenever that day comes for me to propose to or leading up to it, whenever I get a ring that she has no clue, I'm gonna be so devastated if I I wouldn't find out.
Speaker 4: But if she knows, or she's seen the ring somewhere, and.
Speaker 6: A lot of people are saying, my husband still thinks I don't know, but I did, and I really never told him.
Speaker 4: He won't know. You know, they are too nervous to pay attention.
Speaker 1: I think you're absolutely right. He's going to be so focused on doing it right and remembering what he wants to say and not dropping the ring, he's never gonna notice. So take you say, take it to the grave, Take it to the I would take it to the grave, but also fell, let's find a better hiding spot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, your carry on, it's on top and it's in a bout.
Speaker 1: I wonder if he went somewhere, maybe bought it from like a friend who was a jeweler in another town or something like that.
Speaker 6: I mean, she was trying to be helpful and help him unpacked, so I don't think it's her fault and she shouldn't feel bad for it.
Speaker 1: In my humble opinion, Okay, what would you do