Speaker 1: Let's talk about the weather right away, because I think that's gonna be on everybody's mind. Jenny's drive in Vaughan's drive in the roads, the traveling, the Thanksgiving, the turkey, the stuffing. Oh I got, I'm sorry, back to the roads in the weather.
Speaker 2: What was it like on the Williamsport?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ye, yeah, so for me it was pretty icy ish, but like it's there's not a lot of snow on the roads. It's just that there's a lot of wind, so everything's blowing all over the place.
Speaker 4: So it was icy for me. I also need really need new tires, like right now.
Speaker 2: New tires since two thousand and three. Yeah, why are you not?
Speaker 4: Did I slide through every single intertection? Maybe? I don't know.
Speaker 2: What do you drive again?
Speaker 3: I drive a lovely Mass X five and it's great. It handsles, handles snow. Not it's just like when the tread is completely worn off on the tires, it just can't really handle much of anything.
Speaker 5: And it's just like, here's the problem.
Speaker 1: Here's here's here's your you want to talk about, you know, uh, Jenny's problem. Here she is flying off the Iceland and Morocco at the same time, doesn't have any tread otter tires. It's a matter time. She's going to slide through an intersection, t bone me or t bone you.
Speaker 2: We're gonna die.
Speaker 1: And she'll be like, Ii'm on my way to the airport because I'm going to Tahiti.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, life is about priorities, and tires not really on the high part of my list of prior No.
Speaker 4: I really am.
Speaker 3: After driving this morning, though, I was like, Jenny, you need new tires within the next week, or else you are probably going to get in a car accident in the next week.
Speaker 2: So Christmas, I have a friend named Jenny. Jenny is does it always make the best decisions?
Speaker 1: And now we're worried that Jenny's going to take out vont Or Dave in a t boat accident at an intersection, and.
Speaker 6: We're more worried for our safety. It's not even just Jenny's. It's really not Jenny's at all. It's because we don't want to be in close proximity on the road.
Speaker 3: But I did want about the winter coat this morning and the gloves everything.
Speaker 4: It's chilly out there.
Speaker 3: It's about to be twenties for like the week of Thanksgiving here.
Speaker 6: So why I'm mad because so I have a rental car right now, because that's right about a month or so ago, I got in a car or somebody yet hit my car. Whatever.
Speaker 5: I don't want to make it sound like it was my fault because it wasn't.
Speaker 6: The car is pretty much the same version of my car, just like I can think an an upgraded model. But when I got my car, it's my first time living in Minnesota, I made sure to get I think four wheel or all wheel drive because of the snow.
Speaker 5: This car doesn't have it. The rental does.
Speaker 4: Oh no.
Speaker 6: So when I got in this morning, I was like, well, damn now I can't slide fishtail and literally and it's not a far drive, like I don't have as far as drive as David Dave. How long is your drive into work because you live in twenty five minutes? Yeah, see not even ten minutes. And Jenny, you're a little bit closer.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I would I would recommend, like, if you have to drive anywhere, and I'm sure so many people are going to because everyone's traveling today, I would recommend plan announce some extra time in taking you at least within the Twin Cities area, and I think that people got a little bit more snow northern area of the Cities, but at least within like Saint Louis Park our area where we work, it was only a couple inches. But it's just a matter of the fact that like there's not salt on.
Speaker 4: The roads yet.
Speaker 5: And I'll be honest, snow at all.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I was shocked because I was like upstairs last night and then I came downstairs at like ten pm or something and looked outside and there was snow on the ground. I was shocked because it had been raining. David had been raining pretty aggressively all day, and I was like, we're not gonna get snow, it's just rain. And then it just turned as soon as the weather dropped in temp.
Speaker 1: This has got to be about the latest snow, the latest measurable snow that I've ever seen, or maybe ever in Minnesota. We get a dusting a couple of weeks ago, maybe, but it's November twenty fifth or twenty sixth today, and we finally got some snow. I think the big thing is, like everybody knows that everybody forgets how to drive in snow over the winter and just take it slow, know that everybody else is going to be late, and then don't text and drive because I don't want to see Jenny.
Speaker 2: On your bald tires.
Speaker 1: Jenny cruising through the intersection Jenny's texting and driving.
Speaker 3: Further record, I planned like an extra fifteen minutes of driving into work this morning, when it takes me like five because I knew how my tires first, so I drove very slow this morning.
Speaker 5: I'm very surprised when I saw her walk in because we never heard this early.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'm not so.
Speaker 3: I was like, I need to make sure like everything's getting functioning and my car gets into work safely.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad. I'm glad you guys made it into work. As far as you're listening, just take it easy, take it slow. We'll be back in a second. We got wild tickets coming up. Today is Wednesday. We're gonna do winning song Wednesday. That'll be coming up. I'm looking forward to no phone screen or Wednesday because we usually do that on Friday. We're doing that today at seven thirty five and coming up next to wunt is gonna stir the pot as if do your honking, your ridiculous honking sound effect. Co see that's that's in the New Jersey honk. It's an angry honk. We're gonna's gonna stir the pot. Coming up in a second, and we'll come right back on one on one point three.
Speaker 2: Katie W. B. H. Bailey is thinking in Memphis, Tennessee. Today. She's on vacation.
Speaker 1: Her and Mama Ronda are going down to Memphis to they want to see Graceland, Elvis's old home. Then they're going down to the Magic Kingdom, and then they're gonna go to Epcot and then they're gonna be back.
Speaker 2: She back on Mondays, she back on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: She's back Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Yea on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Who authorized this?
Speaker 4: Well, I think you usually have to give all of us authors.
Speaker 5: And then when it happened, you ask us, wait, you're off.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was gonna take off that day.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I would have taken off like all this week on Thanksgiving, but Bailey beat me to the punch. Bailey requested time off before I did. So Bailey got I'm like, you know what, It's fine, I don't care. I'm in Colorado. I'm kind of on vacation anyway. So it's boy, it was so windy yesterday driving across Nebraska. You guys, it's like sixty mile an hour wind gus. And they had those like electronic signs out that said if you have a pro high profile, lightweight vehicle, don't drive. Because I didn't see any that were blown over, but it was like hands death grip on the wheel the entire time.
Speaker 3: So some people were texting and right saying that there's some accidents on I ninety four by the way, So just a heads up for everyone driving today to make sure you're like spending some extra time at least like at this point in the day.
Speaker 4: I don't think that the roads are the.
Speaker 1: Greatest, yet give yourself some extra time and just keep listening to KTBBS. We can keep you sane until vonsters the pot and gets you all riled up.
Speaker 2: Here we go, let's get started.
Speaker 5: I question your tastes and everything.
Speaker 3: If you eat mushrooms, oh my god, you have the taste buds of a.
Speaker 4: Four year old top.
Speaker 5: I don't know. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, you do. There's a lot of.
Speaker 6: Things I sit here and say on this show, and I admit, sure, I eat like a four year old.
Speaker 5: Chicken tenders from Olive Garden.
Speaker 6: Delicious instead of like Fetichini alfredo, which you actually go to Olive Garden four or anything that is green outpass even grapes. I think the purple ones are better, But mushrooms are objectively disgusting.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree. I think that.
Speaker 1: You know, when we go to like a nice dinner and Susan's like, I'm gonna get some sight of mushrooms, I'm like, well, you have all you want, I'm not gonna eat any, and she's like, wow, they're so delicious, And mushroom.
Speaker 2: Was on a pizza.
Speaker 1: I once had a change dot org petition started to ban mushrooms on a pizza, took it down. I don't like mushrooms, but I also I don't hate them so bad like you.
Speaker 5: You just you've never had them, or you won't eat them again.
Speaker 6: I probably had them once, maybe twice, not to my memory, but I just know that they are disgusting.
Speaker 3: I mean, mushrooms on their own, I will not disagree with that, but to have them like sauteate and something on top of like a steak or something like that, oh so good.
Speaker 5: It was so good on top of A, it sounds.
Speaker 3: So I went through like a tiny phase of life of doing some foraging for mushrooms, and there's mushrooms called chicken of the woods, and vont they literally taste like chicken. And I think you just need to try different kinds of mushrooms to give me that at some point you're gonna like them.
Speaker 5: Don't give that.
Speaker 6: I was younger, like twenty, My mom used to be. My mom would make dinner and she'd be like, oh, come try this. It tastes just like this. Be like, so, then why is it not that? Why does it taste like?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: She'll put a new ingredient in it and be like, oh, it tastes the same, So then why did you switch it up and put this new ingredient in it?
Speaker 5: Don't blame me, Jenny.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well I get a text message. Yeah I know, Vonta. This message says texting is working again. Praise the Lord, it's working again, vaut. I agree, mushrooms are gross. The texture that taste Nope. And I am forty one years old, so there are some people that totally agree with you.
Speaker 6: How do you get into mushrooms, like, is it like the naturally just on a pizza or I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not going to lie and say I used to like mushrooms, because I didn't. When I was younger, I also didn't like mushrooms, but now I'm like, I'm a big fan. You gotta you gotta just like try different things.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you're gonna.
Speaker 6: Have something on Thanksgiving with mushrooms on it, Like how often you have it?
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I definitely don't like typically have mushrooms on things, but I'm down to have like a Supreme pizza with mushrooms on it because Supremes usually have mushrooms, right.
Speaker 2: They usually do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't bother me that much. On a pizza, I just don't. Oh yeah, you know what, make sure mine has mushrooms. I'm sausage, pepperoni, extra cheese, maybe banana peppers. But I'd never be like and if somebody says, can we get mushrooms, I'll be like, yeah, sure, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna get there grass. Thank you Vant for storing the pod. You.
Speaker 1: I was calling Christmas wish people last night, and I tell you, this is the most heartening thing to call these people with Christmas wish and hear the different stories because when you nominate somebody for Christmas wish, we do what we basically call a background check. We call the person who does the wishing and we say, hey, just want to make sure that there is still a need and that you haven't done a gofund me and that there really is like you know, is it is still their financial need and what do they need? And so I was talking to people last night. I don't want to give anything away because these are a really quick turnaround. We talked to somebody on like yesterday, Tuesday. Their wish is going to be granted next week, they're gonna come in, We're gonna get them on the radio. We're gonna have college muscle movers go or to the house deliver the wish. And it's just really heartening to hear these wonderful people that don't have to do anything go I really want.
Speaker 2: To help out. And I always say, did they do a GoFundMe? Have they?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: They really it's just them and they just really need the help. And I heard one last night it's like, Okay, the mom has got the kids and the dad's not in the picture. For there's a good reason Dad's not in the picture. And she said, we can't afford anything for Christmas. We're not gonna have a tree this year. So the wisher ran down to Kmart Kmart Walmart and bought a tree. And it's like wow. So that's kind of what we do. So Christmas Wish starts on Monday. We are taking wishes right now. If you want to go online and enter a wish, it is ktiww dot com slash wish. If you've done well this year, you can donate twenty five dollars. Donate twenty five dollars. You can do that same thing on there too. All right, we'll be back in a second with your sing along song of the day. What do you want to sing along with? We always have a good time with this part of the show. Text it Texting works again, So texting a song that you want to sing along to and we will do that when we come right back on. Katie w B one three d w b our Texting is working again.
Speaker 2: Boy was that weird?
Speaker 1: It was like losing an arm yesterday. That's howbout you rely on texting? I Gues's Amy on the phone?
Speaker 2: Is it Amy?
Speaker 3: Amy?
Speaker 4: On the phone.
Speaker 1: Amy, Good morning, Amy, Good morning? What are you doing for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Amy?
Speaker 5: I am going to my aunt's house.
Speaker 2: Where's your aunt lived?
Speaker 5: Dodge Center?
Speaker 1: Okay, so down maybe a couple hundred miles deviled? Are you bringing deviled eggs? Or is she making double daggs?
Speaker 5: Good question? I am bringing deviled eggs.
Speaker 2: It's a family. What is your secret with the deviled eggs?
Speaker 1: Mine is mixing a little bit of cream cheese with the with the devil part little cream cheese.
Speaker 2: What's yours?
Speaker 4: Mine is just lots of love.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 2: But butter is a good one, all right? Amy? What song do you want to hear for your sing? A long song of the day.
Speaker 5: Control by Missy Elliott.
Speaker 2: Great song.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Drive safe and happy Thanksgiving, Amy, Thank you? My dudes, Hey, good morning. What are you thankful for? This is a question that people ask around the Thanksgiving table. You go around the table and you say what you're thankful for to Thanksgiving tradition for a lot of families, but a lot of people don't like it.
Speaker 2: Survey found that two out of three of us don't want to do it.
Speaker 1: We'd rather do anything than think about what we're grateful for. On Thanksgiving you in grateful slot.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 2: I think that it's fine.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, there's nothing worse than Thanksgiving table than like a quiet family that has nothing to talk about.
Speaker 2: So this is a.
Speaker 1: Little conversation starter. So so vaughede we go around the table. I'm not asking you now, we'd say what are you thankful for? Okay, I'm thankful. You can't say something boring. I'm thankful for my health. I'm thankful for that cancer has never visited me. Shush, give me something more exciting than that one. But I got some more Thanksgiving things for a lot of people are not going to eat as much because did you know that twelve percent of us are on ozimpic or on some.
Speaker 2: Sort of weight loss problem.
Speaker 1: Twelve percent of Americans are on a weight loss drug. Remember a couple of years ago when it was kind of taboo to be on ozimpic because it was like a diabetic drug.
Speaker 2: But now twelve percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many calories do you think we are going to eat on average during Thanksgiving dinner? Just the dinner alone? How many calories the BoNT will start with you.
Speaker 6: Like a McDonald's meal is a lot of calories. So I'm gonna go twelve one hundred.
Speaker 2: Ooh, probably much more than I'm terrible.
Speaker 4: I was only gonna go like seventeen hundred.
Speaker 1: You're forgetting the pie and the ice cream, Jenny, so you got to throw that in there.
Speaker 2: Two thousand ninety two calories.
Speaker 5: That's average.
Speaker 1: That's average with the meal's average. A fatty kidding the wallet Hub, I guess seriously, wallet hub did this.
Speaker 5: That is, we usually consume roughly, depending on your.
Speaker 1: Body size and health and whatever, you usually consume about two thousand calories in a day. That is two thousand ninety two in one meal. Gen Zers eat the most. They load up their plate with twenty two hundred calories, and four percent of us will gorge on over five thousand calories at the table this year.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Another one, we usually gain about five pounds over the holidays. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, we usually gain about five pounds. That's why people put off their New Year's resolutions sometimes till after because it's like, okay, now I can get started, but they say, yeah, five pounds is what we're gonna put on, so back out stretching pants.
Speaker 3: The conversation about saying what you're thankful for. So my family has done that many times before. We'll do it before. We we'll all be sitting around the table and we're about to eat one. Then we go around and say what we're thankful for. As someone who's emotional, I can't handle it because everyone gets all sentimental and stuff, and then I start crying, and then I'm annoyed.
Speaker 4: I'm crying at Thanksgiving, somebody else crying.
Speaker 5: Everybody eat like it's not a wedding speed. I say, don't say.
Speaker 4: That, or if you do make a coveat that, it has.
Speaker 3: To be something funny, because otherwise people are gonna start crying because I feel like my family gets real, real.
Speaker 4: Sentimental in the well.
Speaker 1: I guess that's kind of the key. Maybe you don't want to get sentimental. I would make mine kind of silly, like, Okay, what are you thankful for? I'd look at Susan, I'd say, Dad, ask yeah, and they'll get a laugh, get a laugh out of all the king.
Speaker 4: You're gonna say that in front of your children.
Speaker 2: No, I'm joking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna say that kids.
Speaker 2: That's dim boobies knockers. We can't say what Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: That is you can't make this stuff up on kdewb uh we have coming up. We were just curious this came up yesterday because vont was stirring the pot as I do, and vant was talking about how it's okay he wants to normalize using your car horn and and we're like, no, in Minnesota, we we the only time we use it is if we really are justified, Like if somebody almost kills you, you could lay on your horn and go hum or. If you're in a red light and somebody doesn't see it turned green, you go tap tap.
Speaker 2: Vaunt's like, no, use it all the time.
Speaker 5: You pay for the car.
Speaker 6: It's part of the car, and people sometimes need to just know, like yo, I gotta drive better.
Speaker 5: It's up to you to let.
Speaker 6: Them know that hon kok that's literally me, I promise you, Like I'm not even just trying to make a joke for the show.
Speaker 1: That is literally me. That is what I guess in New Jersey, that's what people do. I mean, you watch a New York movie and what is the background noise honking constantly? So here's your question, and this is for you while you're listening to the show. What would your car horn sound like? If you could pick something other than a horn, what would you make it sound like.
Speaker 2: I will go first.
Speaker 1: I would choose, off the top of my head, sleigh bells, really loud sleigh bells.
Speaker 2: Here's what my horn would sound like.
Speaker 4: A sleigh ride.
Speaker 2: No sleigh bells.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Ing chin chin jin jin Sorry really loud?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, that's okay.
Speaker 4: I thought I thought sleigh ride was your song. So that's what I had ready for you.
Speaker 2: Why what?
Speaker 5: Why slay bells?
Speaker 1: Because it's jovial and it's fun and it's not that serious, and it's it's there you go, and if you hear this coming up behind, if you were at a stoplight and you hear that, that's much better than a honk.
Speaker 6: But that doesn't I feel like a horn is supposed to alert you. That doesn't alert me. I feel like, yeah, and I'll look at me, Santa is coming, Jenny, What did you choose?
Speaker 3: I'm going to go a little bit more aggressive with it and throw on some DMX. So like this one, it kicks in a little bit. It's kind of nice at first, but then it starts to kick in and it's like, all right, get out of my way.
Speaker 2: So you've got like a ring tone.
Speaker 1: You guys are looking to this game like a ring that's what's doing.
Speaker 3: Originally I thought that I would get some kind of remix that's very Midwestern, that would be like, oh plemos scoot trap by ya, oh plymouschop by ya. But like we don't have that in the system, you know, So like I didn't have that option that.
Speaker 6: Makes sense choose and like I said, a horn is supposed to be annoying, supposed to let you know, like you are being a jack ant on the rod on the road.
Speaker 5: So mine is gonna be something that's just as annoying. CARDI b that that's my move out the way. You hate that sound. Move out of my way, bitch.
Speaker 2: Yes that's a good one.
Speaker 1: All right. What would your car horn sound like? And I mean, I guess you can make it a ring tone if you want to, Like Jenny did, what would your car horn sound like? And do you think Vaunt should move back to New Jersey? Send it's a text to Kate B one five three nine two one. All right, we're gonna do the Dave Dave's dirt and get started. There's a lot of stuff, including a celebrity who knows somebody who lays eggs.
Speaker 2: Have you heard this story? It is the dumbest story.
Speaker 1: It is the dumbest story you will hear on the dirt today, and we're gonna tell you about it right now on KATIEWB.
Speaker 2: Let's get started.
Speaker 4: Who's making a comeback, who's been canceled?
Speaker 3: And whatever happened to Ashley Parker Angel It's Dave's dirt on kat WB.
Speaker 1: Celebrities live in another world all their own. Mariah Carey doesn't perceive the world the same way we do. Neither does Gwyneth Paltrow. In a currently, neither does Kate Beckonzale. She was on with Jimmy Kimmel and she was talking about they have a neighbor or no, her daughter's boyfriend lays eggs. I'm going to say that again because you probably didn't think you heard it right. She claims that her daughter's boyfriend lays eggs. Here's Kate Beckonszale on Jimmy Kimmel.
Speaker 4: He laid two eggs in a week.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? He's laid two eggs in a week.
Speaker 7: Well, he said, I've laid an egg, but it had a shell and a yolk.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second, yeah, and the egg came out of his body.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean he went to the bathroom and then was very surprised to find that he had laid an egg. He was like, it's got a full shell, it's got a yolk, and you know it's the size.
Speaker 5: Of a bird.
Speaker 4: Well hed it.
Speaker 7: Yes, he crushed it because he was inside a yolk was inside like a hard boiled one too, so kind of.
Speaker 4: Cooked inside him.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, And I said to him, is this some kind of attention to saying, oh, are you putting eggs up your bottom?
Speaker 2: It's a fair question, right, I think.
Speaker 7: It's quite hard to put an egg up your bush. Of the nine guesses out injuring the egg, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I think that's a scared you can be on.
Speaker 2: America's got talent with it.
Speaker 5: Now, the question is it whether he really laid an egg.
Speaker 1: I don't need to call a doctor and say, hey, is it possible for a man to lay an egg or even a woman to lay an egg?
Speaker 2: I don't need to do that.
Speaker 1: My question is why would she tell such a stupid story, Other than the fact that it God is talking about Kate Beckinsale, which we ever talked about since she was in Pearl Harbor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was wondering why I started seeing things about her yesterday because for a second.
Speaker 4: I was like, who is this again?
Speaker 3: But then I saw that clip of her explaining that story and she it does say that she showed a picture to Jimmy and is a Gierma or the Yeah, And so they actually got to see a picture of whatever the so called egg was, but they didn't show it to the audience.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, all right, what is going on here?
Speaker 3: She must not have any other good stories that she had to fabricate something so crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, make make up a story that you saw a UFO, or make up a story that you predicted that the you know whatever would happen. But coming up with the idea that your daughter's boyfriend laid an egg, I mean just the visual of this guy on the toilet and he plops an egg out of his butt into the toilet and then he like looks at it like, oh my gosh, let's crack it and see. I would rush to the doctor. I would I would. I would think it's a tumor. I would think that I expelled the tumor. I don't know celebrities. This is why you should never listen to a celebrity, because they don't live in the world that you do.
Speaker 5: Don't we know.
Speaker 6: Somebody that we work closely with every single day that swears she saw unicorn?
Speaker 4: Is we know for sure that that person's delusion.
Speaker 2: Although I try to get.
Speaker 1: Her to walk back that story a little bit, I'm like, that makes you sound like a moron. She's like that, that's not it's true. I'm like, no, it actually makes you sound like a more. Well what I said, Well, she has a moron, she has more all right?
Speaker 3: James eppnex, I need to give a Hella spoiler alert because this just happened last night and it's been one of the most talked about seasons with the Stars the Stars.
Speaker 4: Okay, I saw it.
Speaker 1: I got spoiled. I saw it online this morning. I got spoiled.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, So they announced the winner of this season's Dancing with the Stars, and here it is Robert.
Speaker 2: Fantastic.
Speaker 3: So Robert Irwin and his partner Whitney did take home the mirror Ball last night, and coming up in second place was Alex Earl Jordan Childs was third, Dylan Ephron is fourth, and then Elaine Hendrix took fifth, And I think people weren't necessarily surprised that Robert Irwin won. I think the surprise was like last week when this girl Whitney, who's on the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives got kicked off because she apparently had been doing really good all season, but a lot of people don't like her because of who she is on that reality show, so I think there was a lot of like hate to not let her win. So anyways, there's your winner of Dancing with the Stars for this season.
Speaker 2: It'super exciting.
Speaker 6: They're bringing back a big show from I don't know what the nineties, Dave Star Search is coming back.
Speaker 1: It was in the eighties and nineties and there was a band from here that was on there, and basically it was it was very much like America's Got Talent?
Speaker 2: Is that? No? Is that what that show is called?
Speaker 1: Simon And yeah, America Got Talent, Yeah, America Got Town.
Speaker 2: Very much like that.
Speaker 1: You would come out and you would then get they would find a star and they would send you off to be somebody. And there was somebody from Minnesota that got pretty big on there, but this was I mean, that show was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: But they're bringing it back.
Speaker 5: Yes they are. Jenny, you have a little clip for me, oh little trailer from Netflix.
Speaker 3: I do. Here we go, the show that launched the Greatest Stars of Our Time is back.
Speaker 5: Live only on Netflix. The brand new Star Search, the next great Star will be discovered.
Speaker 1: I think our Sini Hall might have been discovered on there. I know a bunch of people here.
Speaker 5: I have a list. Okay, two seconds, but my opinion right, two things.
Speaker 6: I think this is cool because, yeah, Britney Spears, Beyonce, Kevin James, Conan, O'Brien, Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence Usher.
Speaker 5: There is a plethora of people that we love today.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was that vast. Really, that's amazing.
Speaker 6: But you know how easy it is to get popular, like to get famous in twenty twenty five because of social media.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, that's the thing. Yeah, back then, there was no such thing as you know, social media. So it was like, you got on TV, You're already famous just because you got on TV, and that was probably one of your very few avenues to get famous now you don't need star search. It's kind of like the Voice and American Idol don't produce stars anymore because there are so many other avenues to get to success without being on American Idol.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, even your analogy of America's got talent, name one person that you know that one America's got talent.
Speaker 5: You don't know any of them? Not one.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: Oh no, really don't know. It's true. All right.
Speaker 1: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is tomorrow. There's a couple of new floats and one of the bands that's going to be playing is Foreigner is going to be in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We had a little clip of Foreigner just a reason refresh your memory, and they the interesting thing about Foreigner is clip number three.
Speaker 2: But they are performing.
Speaker 4: That's it. I'm sorry, my mouse.
Speaker 2: Okay, there it is.
Speaker 3: You is cold.
Speaker 1: Now if you remember the original that's that's not the original singer. I have one piece of news. There is not a single member of the original band Foreigner left in the band that's performing tomorrow. They bought the name. It's like somebody's kid or cousin or whatever. I mean they still play Foreigner's music, but is not a single member of the band Foreigner in the parade.
Speaker 4: That's so weird.
Speaker 1: You careful when you go to your local Yeah, I think so when you go to your like your local venue to see like, you know, whatever band from I don't know. If you're gonna go see Foreigner, you're gonna go see Journey, You're gonna go see Toto. Look at the web and see whether there's any original members of that band in the band, because sometimes there's not.
Speaker 2: Sometimes there's just one. They did Jenny, what do you got?
Speaker 4: So apparently I've never heard out of this.
Speaker 3: Today in Wisconsin terms, is called blackout Wednesday because everyone goes to the bars the night before Thanksgiving and they get way too intoxicated.
Speaker 4: Well apparently it's also called.
Speaker 3: Green Wednesday in states like California because it's the highest sales of marijuana outside of four twenty on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. So apparently four out of five states allow for medical or legal marijuana. But millennials and Gen z are drinking less because they're partaking in like edibles and pre rolls and all that stuff. But yeah, people are out there buying lots of weed today and not doing as much drinking as they used to.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that is your dirt, brought to you by sixty one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. Something happened on no phone screener Friday last week that stopped us cold. It made us go what And we said, save that clip so we can examine that clip a little bit more deeply. And I got the clip for you coming up in about five minutes. We'll take a break, we'll come back. I don't want to see what you think about this clip. This one clip on no phone screen or Friday last week that stopped us in our tracks. We'll do it next on KTIWB. Hey, texting is working again. Oh praise the Lord. If you want to text us for anything, text us at KATIEWB one five three nine two one and we'll be right back