Speaker 1: Is guarantee heete Man.
Speaker 2: Well, except for Jeffery, We're.
Speaker 1: Still trying to figure out what.
Speaker 3: The hell he is.
Speaker 1: I'm just a regular guy, an extraordinary job. Okay, welcome back to Rovers Morning Glory. Jee Chizzy is coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 2: What you have on the way, Dog?
Speaker 4: There is a Christian metal band that is suing K pop Demon Hunters.
Speaker 2: Why, I'll tell you coming.
Speaker 1: Up next, all right, we'll get to that in just a moment.
Speaker 5: Oh two, says The movie where methad Man and Redman smoke their friends ashes is how high the movie Charlie's thinking about. What John Lovetz came out a few years before that was high school high? Oh okay, Teddy in Rochester, New York here on Rover's Morning Glory.
Speaker 1: Good morning Teddy, Yo. Yeah, what's happening?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 3: I was just listening to you talk about how strange it is to smoke the ashes of your hot past.
Speaker 1: Yes, I actually was.
Speaker 3: At a I was at a celebration of life last year where the daughter of the deceased was mixing the ashes with cocaine shipping him.
Speaker 2: Oh for god kidding?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I guess it was her way of keeping.
Speaker 2: Them with her.
Speaker 5: Well, what, first of all, who's doing cocaine at a celebration of life? Maybe maybe it's more common than I think. Perhaps, But I mean, this is this cocaine.
Speaker 3: Do cocaine wherever they are?
Speaker 7: I know?
Speaker 1: But and so so, now do you do cocaine?
Speaker 3: I do not, I used to do.
Speaker 5: I do not do any And then when you see this, are you shocked that the daughter is snorting her dead dad's ashes.
Speaker 8: Minute?
Speaker 3: But then I you know, I mean I know her and I know she's a little bit nuts. Anyhow, so you know, when it's settled in for a second, I guess it doesn't seem like even the weirdest thing you've ever done.
Speaker 5: That it's uh, okay, Teddy, thank you. I guess, yes, we're right. People do this more than let me think, Dougie, are you ready for the news.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, Rover Gozzy on Rover's Morning Glory.
Speaker 4: An experimental vaccine treatment is showing signs of preventing cancer from returning or spreading. This is in a study of high risk melanoma patients. Now that's according to pharmaceutical giants Maderna and Mark Interium. Results from the trials show The vaccine, used in combination with Merk's cancer immune immunotherapy k Truda, appeared to extend the time before cancer returned in those patients.
Speaker 1: It's personalized. Did you see what do.
Speaker 2: You mean personal?
Speaker 1: What does that mean exactly?
Speaker 9: How did like they read your DNA and see what's wrong with you personally, and then they make a vaccine just for you.
Speaker 1: Which is kind of neat.
Speaker 5: I did see that Maderna's stock jumped one hundred thirty three percent yesterday.
Speaker 2: Second mind when yesterday last night? Oh, after one up, it's shot up.
Speaker 4: I got a notification, like what is going on? I sold it, and I'm smart.
Speaker 1: You finally did something smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I checked this morning and it went back down.
Speaker 1: So how much how much did you make off off of that?
Speaker 2: And fifty bucks?
Speaker 1: Oh that's it? Did you double your money?
Speaker 2: At least I paid money in there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so I had money in there anyway. So it's like I have four I don't know, four hundreds. I'm going to get deposited, which hays for choreography.
Speaker 2: So Mike, sweet, let's go.
Speaker 4: I haven't checked in a few hours, but I don't think the market's open yet. Yeah, and then everything else seemed to be going up too.
Speaker 1: Like my everything seems to be going up and up and up.
Speaker 2: I've not checked my four oh one k though, is anyone else?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. Did it go back down? Look at this?
Speaker 2: Did it stay?
Speaker 5: It went one hundred and seventy two percent? Also even more so, even more than it was yesterday. So it's actually gone.
Speaker 2: Up a little bit. Yeah, I made money.
Speaker 4: That's I made money. I sold it last night.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Okay, all right, go on.
Speaker 4: A Meteorologists are saying they believe a massive system will reach hurricane state hurricane status by this weekend by Saturday, and could pass within one hundred miles of Hawaii's Big Island hours later. So they've got those spaghetti models which track all the possible paths of tropical storms and hurricanes, and they show a potential path for the storm which would land a direct hit on the Big Island by Sunday. Now, I remember we were just telling you there's still a lot of people without power, and they had a lot of damage that happened in Hawaii for a tropical storm. So if this hurricane hits very dangerous, they're.
Speaker 5: Going to be wondering about you know, they say that they're using AI to come up with more accurate models for these hurricanes.
Speaker 1: And I know that Snitzer he I believe Snitzer.
Speaker 2: We asked him a.
Speaker 5: While ago if he he's a little you know, he doesn't like giving us straight answer on things. And Charlie, you paid twenty dollars for chat GPT. I paid twenty dollars for chat GPT. And then I think we asked Snitzer if he paid, and then eventually we got out of him that he does pay for AI, but he pays for Clawed, not Chat GPT. And I was thinking about something because I was using Claude, which is made by Anthropic, and I kept getting these airs that the service is now and everyone talks about how great AI is. And let me just if you look at these, if you can look for the status, just search for a Clawed status page, Charlie or Anthropic status page, and you can probably pull up you can see like all of their uh you know, when they have outages.
Speaker 1: When they have issues, see that if you pull it up.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, so you can see here and even on those that are green, they still have issues.
Speaker 1: If you if you hover over.
Speaker 5: It partial outage yesterday, they'll have like major outage, and you know, so on and so forth. My question is this, if AI is so great, and AI is it's it's good, but wouldn't an AI company be able to use their own AI to avoid outages?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't understand.
Speaker 9: I don't understand any of it, because can you have a local copy for these not for like chat, GPT and Claude. Those are the frontier models and those are essentially all processed in the in the cloud that they're they're not open source.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 5: Now you can have a client that is on your computer, but it's still running the stuff in the cloud at those gigantic data centers. So I just I was just wondering, like they're selling AI is how it's going to solve all your problems? This seems like this would be right up a AI's alley to say, oh, we're having a problem over here, or this looks like it's a potential problem, or we're seeing some spikes blah blah blah, and that they would be able to use their own AI to stop these service outages.
Speaker 1: But anyway, yes, not go on.
Speaker 4: Du a forty five year old USPS worker in Iowa by the name of Jill Brown has been arrested for stealing Minards rebates from people's mail and redeeming them herself. A homeowner complained about the re being missing, and Minards reported that it had been redeemed, so they figured it out that Jill had cashed it in and that she'd done this many times over the past two years. Not only would she steal the rebate cards being sent out, but she'd also steal the receipts that customers were mailing into Minards to get the rebates.
Speaker 5: Would you work for the post office? Yeah, oh okay, because I was wondering how you find it? Okay, but do you just see the Minards ladder and you go, I bet that's the rebate?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then she would send them in herself. So Jill was charged with fourth degree theft unclear. She did this with other places as well. Wells Hot at Nards is crazy.
Speaker 9: Everything's eleven percent off if you fill out the paperwork.
Speaker 1: Oh well, it's time for all that.
Speaker 2: A lot of people do.
Speaker 1: I know, but I don't a hassle though.
Speaker 9: What a hash So the prices and when you're staying there, you even look at the price, you're like, oh, that's not that bad. Then you get to the cash register it's a different price and they're like oh and they're like yeah, yeah, So they want me to fill out to fill this outra send it in the receipt And then you're like, I I'm going to definitely do that, and then you don't.
Speaker 2: Can you do it thereafter?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to do a certain amount of time.
Speaker 9: You probably do it for months after probably, but and then you always go, I'm going to one day, I'm going to fill out is out now, and then you don't, then you lose the receipt.
Speaker 4: The federal trial against Meta continues in California. There's a group of states including California, Colorado, New Jersey, Kentucky. They've all accused Meta of engineering Facebook and Instagram to make them addictive to children, and opening statements this week, the attorney the Deputy Attorney General from California said that Meta told Congress and parents at Instagram and Facebook they were safer kids, while all the while it hid the truth. So that case continues this week. Columbia House the record club where you used to be able to buy a dozen albums for a penny if you sign up for a membership.
Speaker 2: They're closing up shop. Who Columbia House.
Speaker 1: Oh, Columbia House.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought closing up shop? What do you mean the club they've.
Speaker 4: Stopped, having stopped selling use it in two thousand and nine and only selling DVDs since. A message on their website says after nine fifteen, twenty six, Columbia House will no longer be accepting new orders. You can still purchase books with your credit card or credits as normal. And back in the day, if you remember, the deal was you had to keep ordering additional albums at regular club prices, but shipping and handling so then you would receive an album of their choosing once a month, and if you didn't return it with the tight deadline, you were build full retail costs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember always trying to get my selections and taping a penny to a postcard and all that and mailing it in.
Speaker 1: And I can't believe.
Speaker 5: They were still in Who how many customers could they actually have buying ds?
Speaker 2: Now that's probably why they're closing up Yeah.
Speaker 5: Why they're closing up shop. But what were we talking like hundreds? Or are they taking thousands or do you tens of thousands? There can't be that.
Speaker 4: If you go to Walmart, you're going to see huge bins with DVDs. They always have bins of DVDs for sale. People are buying them. I see people digging through them. So people still watch DVDs. And finally, Netflix is being sued over K pop demon Hunters by a Christian metal band called demon Hunter. They're claiming trademark infringement and unfair competition. The band, which identifies itself as well known and celebrated, says that they had the name first and they've been using it for decades. They claim Netflix and its partners have quote created a substantial likelihood of confusion between the two brands, which has damaged them in quote an amount not yet esctainable.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're trying.
Speaker 4: It's the they've damaged them as I didn't see the r as certain ass certainable.
Speaker 2: Netflix says the band's.
Speaker 4: Claims are without merit and that they will vigorously defend themselves.
Speaker 2: There you go. That is the winning. Chizzy on Rovers Morning Glory.
Speaker 10: Take RMG everywhere with the Rover Radio app, watch it and listen live and get direct access to all the extras. Well, we get direct access to all the spicy picks in your camera role just kidding. I find out for yourself and download the Rover Radio app.
Speaker 5: Today, numerous people are talking about minards in the rebate. They say that they don't like it because you get the eleven percent back, but it can only be used at Menard's. Oh see, I've never done it. Actually, no, okay, so it has to be used there, that's all.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Man, what a hassle they make that for you. Geez. David and Orlando says.
Speaker 5: I use Claude every day without any major issues. Well, Clint says that he uses Claude for coding at work and man, it is down all the time.
Speaker 2: I think, I mean, yeah, I think I might.
Speaker 4: You were saying Claude or AI, I might bite the bullet and do the extra special AI that you extra special AI.
Speaker 5: Can you explain that to us? What does that mean? The extra special AR?
Speaker 2: Well, don't you guys pay a month.
Speaker 1: For it for extra special? Extra special? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like I don't say for mine, and I use AI every day and you have special needs, yes obviously duh. So I was like, what are you going to do with it. Well, I do a lot.
Speaker 4: Of research for colleges, and I do a lot of research for the right.
Speaker 9: I will say that free one gives away gives different answers than then the one that costs money, because Christ doesn't pay for it, and we've asked it basically the same thing.
Speaker 1: Two different answers.
Speaker 9: Oh seriously, Well not wrong, They're not even are wrong. They're not We're you know, we're asking it random stuff. But it will give you two different one. Mine thinks harder. I've been using you know, thinking mode or whatever, and it'll think longer, it'll be slower, but I feel like the answers are better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I use it all the time for like donut menu items names.
Speaker 2: What do you mean cobbler? I usually just last night? Is peach cobbler associated with Octoberfest? Would that be a good menu item?
Speaker 1: Apple?
Speaker 2: Already have apple Apple, So I mean I use all that. I think it'd be good.
Speaker 5: You use this to shut your brain off, Well, yeah, you use it for to help my brain. I use it in conjunction with my brain to kind of work things out. Do you think AI is essentially running her donut.
Speaker 1: Like it should? I make peach cobbler. I don't know, do you.
Speaker 2: I like peaches? Would that be good? Like? What could I call it?
Speaker 5: Lonely with no man in her life? She is now read runs I'm a spouse or a mate.
Speaker 2: No, I'm busy. I have a lot going on.
Speaker 5: You're in a your life partner is Chad GPT shee doc. I'm good, dude, I was just reading speaking of AI. There was no I don't know why in the world you would need a study for this, but a study has been conducted out of the out of Stockholm University and in partnership with the University of Hong Kong. And this joint study is determined two things. Students who use AI score better on their homework. Oh really, yes, eighteen percent higher on their homework, and.
Speaker 1: They do it in about I don't know what.
Speaker 5: Normally would take about an hour, they now do in forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: So they've they've discovered that with this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if you have something else to do your work, it's going to be probably right and faster.
Speaker 5: There's also the second part of this study that they determined. Now, this is an exhaustive study. I don't know how many students, how many people. They looked at how long this took. But these researchers really wanted to get to the bottom of this. So, okay, when you use AI to do your homework, you do it faster and you do it better. However, then when you go in for your tests, the researchers found out that students who use AI for their homework do way worse on their tests because they don't actually know anything and they're not using their AI at the time. Who would have ever guessed that this might be the result? I mean, just I can do research on how researchers could be so dumb?
Speaker 2: Why waste your time?
Speaker 5: Anybody could have told you this without having to do a research study on this.
Speaker 1: So that's what they've determined. And it is.
Speaker 5: It is true, like Doogie is, he's her brain is. It's like atrophying, it's getting it's getting dried up.
Speaker 2: It is. It is do Sheet, It absolutely is.
Speaker 5: We didn't start the show until seven am two days ago because your your brain.
Speaker 4: Glasses on and I was in bed when I read the text message that was wrong. Anyway, you do that all the time, your brain is kind of turning the most as well.
Speaker 5: I heard I heard talking about AI sort of like what she was just asking you, Charlie, about what you use and how she might wants to use on the donut truck. I I overheard her and Snitzer and she was asking Snitzer if he uses AI for his what was it for his business or something?
Speaker 1: And Snitt's got very snippy.
Speaker 2: I'll do it.
Speaker 1: I'll do that.
Speaker 2: I did never do that.
Speaker 4: Do you use AI, Snitzer for your for all your different things you got going on? Or no?
Speaker 8: No, I've used it for a spreadsheet, but not for the art or anything. That's that's gross. I agree with Snitz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just disgusting.
Speaker 1: I never shop in a place that uses AI. Oh yeah, when I see it?
Speaker 2: What's AI?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 9: You can tell when I go into a restaurant and the menu looks you could just tell that it's AI. Sometimes the image is literally look disgusting. They look like worms or something, and you're like, why would you make this? And then I don't go there. I go, you're not going to pay somebody to make like you're not to me, You're not trying hard enough as a business if you're just going to hold on.
Speaker 2: I just like this.
Speaker 1: So it's disgusting. So Wait, you wouldn't. You wouldn't any business that uses AI, you would not ail to that business.
Speaker 4: Art art, it's art like what like I personally, because I have a graphics background, I use CANVA, so I design everything on my own. But how would you know what I designed versus what's an AI?
Speaker 5: Yours looks worse than what the AI would generate. That's how I would know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: You could tell AI at least now you know. I'm sure eventually it'll be better. But right now, everything's shiny and glossy. Every everybody looks the same. What if you don't know, here's some examples. It just looks grubs. It doesn't look like real food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if that helps in this person, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't. It's done, raddit? So I can't.
Speaker 2: Was that shrimp in a glass?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's all sorts of it looks like this going around.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: People don't know how to do graphic design it like you used to. You're saying, look, how gross this? This doesn't look like real food? What is this?
Speaker 1: It looks disgusting, It looks it's always wormy looking.
Speaker 2: It's cheaper.
Speaker 8: Well, you you follow all those food truck. Facebook groups, everybody hates these things. Every time somebody post one up, there's twenty people saying I would never Yeah, all this place, if.
Speaker 5: I see the play, you wouldn't use it. You don't want to be shamed by the fellows.
Speaker 1: I'm one of the people who.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know what you're actually shaming. So you're in there shaming that. Yeah, oh, hire an artist or or make a second. Why would you say that about anything else?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 8: Why?
Speaker 1: Why about coding? Why don't you hire a coder?
Speaker 2: Snitz? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I am Well, if.
Speaker 5: You use if you use AI to code, why don't you That's gross? That's why not hire a coder? I am a coder. It helps me. Oh wow, okay, well why wouldn't you hire a person that could help you because I am a coder?
Speaker 1: What do you mean there's no difference.
Speaker 2: I mean you were just blaming me for you. I mean you were just criticizing me. I don't use it. You don't use it. I don't use art.
Speaker 4: But if I did choose to, even though I'm a graphic designer, and I chose to do it. Okay, it looks but you're doing the same thing.
Speaker 8: I'm not.
Speaker 11: And it is an AI though, stealing actual artists work and then creating its own version of that a lot, and that I think is the problem that people have.
Speaker 5: But it's doing that with anything, literally anything coding. How did it learn to code? It's because it's everything repository on the planet. I know, it's art is different and that and that code was written by a human being.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's using No, well, yeah, it's using a standard. It's in a library of codes you have to use. It's not they created all of that code originally.
Speaker 5: So that means about a thin are Yeah, that's it's true.
Speaker 1: So I mean that's how AI mean.
Speaker 8: That means all all art will look exactly the same, which A is making it look all this is exactly the same.
Speaker 5: But no, no, because there are different styles of art, right, so exactly there you go now with AI menus for some reason, it's pretty similar.
Speaker 9: And they look like trash. Like here's another one. I mean, it's just all over the place. You don't know this is AI. When you see this, this doesn't it merely strike you to go This looks weird, like what is the food?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: That looks disgusting to me? And I just wouldn't go there. I wouldn't go to this place.
Speaker 1: Doesn't bother it's too much happening.
Speaker 5: This doesn't bother you. No, no, not one bit. Oh that doesn't bother me.
Speaker 2: It looks like spiders in a bowl. Who cares, that's what they do care.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to go to your.
Speaker 2: Business because they choose to use that.
Speaker 5: Yep, I just won't go. I just that's why. If you want to keep doing it, you use it all you want.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not going to judge you. I'm just not going to give you my money.
Speaker 2: So I don't like that.
Speaker 4: You snits are in the in the Facebook groups yelling at people.
Speaker 8: I don't that I don't. You just said no, I didn't. I said, I'm one of the people who would do that. He would do it, but he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Don't. Don't be that person.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 9: I was at a I was at the music festival over the weekend, and a couple of the trucks had these kind of gross menus, and I just walked right past it, not even not even going to stop.
Speaker 5: I wanted to see what your food looks like. I don't want to see a made up version yes, with things, then a child's drawing, like your kid drew what a hamburger looks like. I'd rather that than this weird worm food stuff. Well, so keep that under consideration. Do these they would not frequent your don it trailer. I've never seen her do that. You use any but never I create. Every event is a different menu. Everything is customized, generated by GPT, generated.
Speaker 2: By me designer.
Speaker 11: Well, something I like is I will go to people's Instagram page and see your actual photos of food and go, that's what I want to eat. This is enticing to me, So see and I know Dougie will post actual pictures of her real donuts, and I know that looks delicious to me. I don't want to see a generated photo. No, it's not good enough for a photo. Then why would you even eat there? You know what I'm saying, I'm with you. The only person that's not into this is Rover. I think everybody else agrees. I want to say, some people don't they can't take great photos.
Speaker 1: They're just not. Some people are just not higher photographers. But Dougie's not.
Speaker 2: But it can't. It's a business.
Speaker 1: You can say that for anything.
Speaker 5: Photographer, graphic artists code or why don't you, you know, instead of having AI tell you where to go on your next vacation or what you should do on vacation, why don't you hire a travel agent, Charlie, I mean there's I do.
Speaker 1: My own research. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: AI?
Speaker 1: You use AI to do it right?
Speaker 2: Your whole up, your coming out.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 9: But I asked it what are some cool things to do? And then I look up those things and I go off of it. It's a suggestion.
Speaker 5: I'm not going it's not actually gonna I'm not going to follow the route that it made. It came up with suggestions, and I said, come up with ten more suggestions, ten more suggestions. I'm not going to allow it just to control my life. I use it as a tool with my life to look at things. And a travel agent. I don't nobody's need a travel agent thirty years.
Speaker 2: I use a travel agent.
Speaker 1: You're insane, you're in SAE.
Speaker 2: I love my travel agent.
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I use it for Disney World, she's amazing. Why because she's great? What do you.
Speaker 1: Go to Disney dot com? And I just I could be there, I could go and buy a ticket. What is she doing.
Speaker 4: Takes care of everything, what's going to take care of everything?
Speaker 1: That name it?
Speaker 4: All this stuff like what tinerary, She gets me free things, she gets me passes, She does everything that I don't want to do.
Speaker 2: She takes care of it. I love it.
Speaker 5: I've got to I've got to take a quick break. We'll be right back on Rover's Morning Glory. Hang on, Brittany, You're on Rover's Morning Glory.
Speaker 7: The morning Brittany, Hey, good morning everyone circling back over to the food menus and the AI conversation and everything.
Speaker 1: So I'm kind of with you on the sun Rover. So, I don't know, it's.
Speaker 6: Like I've been pretty much desensitized to it.
Speaker 1: I think maybe.
Speaker 6: That's the right word, going back to like the many boards at best food chains, like you never get what you receive. The pictures that look like on that either.
Speaker 5: What's so much different doesn't ever look like the big thing I could get in person, right.
Speaker 6: But does it stop so many people around the world from going to those places? I don't think so. So it's like me personally, it's like I really don't even pay attention to pictures like some of those examples that Charlie was showing up though. Yeah, I mean they looked bad, but I'm really just looking at the product that I'm going to be receiving, like by the words, I look at ingredients that goes into it. Anyways, not so much, but they're presenting because again, does it really turn out that way?
Speaker 1: I don't know, So I wanted to show I wouldn't fault anybody for you. I just think that generating.
Speaker 5: So if you're cutting corners here, cutting corners in the kitchen personally, Allen says, didn't Charlie just cut corners following a route that AI gave him to kayak, and he wound it up in a creak full of trash. I thought he didn't. I thought he didn't just listen to AI blindly. He said, No, I knew what creek I was going into. What do you mean you told us that you shouldn't have looked it up and that you shouldn't have gone that way. They did look it up. What do you mean did he not say this when you went kayaking and you ended up with a trash creek?
Speaker 11: But then we also had a caller who said, remember there was a huge flood and a lot of that trash was there because of that, and they just haven't been I.
Speaker 1: Don't remember the name.
Speaker 2: It wasn't that. The creek itself was a crappy area.
Speaker 9: I went down the Wheeling Creek up to the Ohio River. See what's wrong with that?
Speaker 5: I thought, I remember an executive But it set up yourself and trusting AI. I swear to God, you see you make up things talking about I know, no, I know exactly how you work.
Speaker 2: So I could watch that episode.
Speaker 1: Well, but so I did look it up.
Speaker 5: I mean, I looked up the It suggested the route, and I said, cool, there is a parking spot, and we did that, and we did it.
Speaker 9: I think I was surprised the amount of trash in there. I can't really look up if there's trash in the river online before I get there. But you know, it was an AI suggestion. I looked up the route and it worked and I had a fun kayak trip.
Speaker 5: Patrick says it's funny how it's hire a real artist when AI makes an image, but nobody says hire a real programmer every time someone uses AI to help write code. Same tools, same principle. People just pick and choose when they want to say that AI is now suddenly cheating.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't program I don't know, no, but I don't.
Speaker 5: There's there's absolutely no difference in it.
Speaker 8: Like what's that there's no art in programming. It's a set set all that's I would say that that's not true. I mean totally not what in the comments. Sure you could add anything you want in the comments, but no, the words are the words, or it will not work, it will not compile.
Speaker 1: You have to Art is different.
Speaker 5: It's subjective, No, but somebody, there's not ways to tackle something through coding. And it's not just that there's not just one set way of doing something or.
Speaker 8: There is, you know, it's yes, there's a set of rules you have to follow. If it does not follow, there will you have to follow.
Speaker 1: I'll grant you that.
Speaker 5: But there are a lot of ways to accomplish the same task, and there certainly are different I mean that would be in saying all coders have the same level of skill and they're you know, they're all the same because there's only one way to do something.
Speaker 8: I don't I don't believe that for a spaghetti code out there. But that's you know. Yeah, you're right, there is different ways of getting but you're using.
Speaker 5: AI when you code, and I promised that AI thinks far more complex and then than you could on your own, and far more quickly. Yes, so that was all originally coded by all of these methods, and all of these things were coded by real people, and that's what AI is learning off of. So why wouldn't it be Why is that not cheating but using AI for all?
Speaker 8: Okay, if you weren't even using AI, there's coding chunks out there that people just use. There's like, you know, there's people. It's just that's coding. You guys need to have a code off.
Speaker 1: Is bigger. I don't know. I just it's a it's a tool. You use it if you can.
Speaker 5: I also think it's it's it's in the hands of uh, you know, Charlie. You're showing menus there and you go, oh, these are bad examples of menus. But I think if if you or somebody wanted to create a great looking menu through AI, you could probably do it. You could probably prompt it in a way people go ah, that's it's good enough.
Speaker 9: I'll I like it, and I don't want to go to that restaurant where somebody says that's good enough. I don't want to eat there because if they think that with their menu, they're probably thinking that with their food, and go, do we need to change.
Speaker 1: The oil today? It's good enough, we can get we can get buy.
Speaker 5: Some people have different sets of skills or or things that drive them and motivate them. So somebody who really enjoys cooking food and serving people may not be great at graphic design. So then you hire something to do it. And if you don't, then I'm not going to go to your place. You can keep saying that you can do it, you can do it for way cheaper and and way fast, and then I personally won't go there.
Speaker 1: And that's fine.
Speaker 9: If you want to go ahead and cut that corner, that's okay with that's your business, your thing, You do whatever you want. I'm personally not going to go there. If I see that the place as an ai menu, I don't go. I don't even look at it. I walk right as soon as I see it. I could spot it a million miles away. It's the same font, same thing. I look at it. I go not even look at that place. That's fine, they want to do that, that's okay.
Speaker 5: You don't think that you could be fooled by an AI menu that's generated. If somebody different font, that's a different style.
Speaker 9: If somebody really tried, sure, then I wouldn't I wouldn't know. And at least that person puts some effort in, So I like that. Okay, you put some effort in, of course, But the ones that look noticeably AI, I'm not even gonna stop.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 5: You're not trying, You're not. You don't care about your product. You don't care about what you're up to. You're just printing out slop. And that's fine. That's that's your thing, and we'll see if it works for you. Maybe you'll do fine. You're just not gonna get my money. Jeffrey's Limp Penis says, your trash ass YouTube thumbnail is a perfect example of AI trash Hire an artist, you d head. It's cutting out a creative person and someone's job and settling for some bs that a computer spits out. Yeah you could. I could. Yep, you're right. I could go out and when I walked the marathon, I could go out and do an actual photo shoot, put on the whole gear and go out there and do that and spend you know, to come back and and composite everything. And yeah, we could spend hours on that, or you could do a prompt and you're done in thirty seconds and it's good enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It wasn't good enough though, because you had the guy who photoshopp it and you changed it. I was I was fine with it. I was totally fine with it, and you change I goes put this, put it.
Speaker 1: Why did you change it?
Speaker 5: Because the guy said, add a different head to it. I said, okay, that's fine. So he changed it for you, and he changed it. In other words, I got it for free. No, it was good enough for me. It was good enough for me, but it wasn't change enough for him.
Speaker 2: He didn't he didn't like it. I go, wasn't good.
Speaker 1: Fine, you want to take the time to make it better? Fine to me. Not no skin off my bag. I don't care.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm walking a marathon tomorrow. Don't have time to be messing around with a thumbnail. And so he wants to improve upon it. Knock yourself out.
Speaker 2: No, I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't have any issue with people using AI to get things to get things done. And not everybody has the skill to be a graphic designer or not everybody has every skill. That's totally true. And they also don't have a budget. Not everybody can go out and hire it.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 9: Photographers, they come in and they did five years ago. What happened five years ago? Everybody in the restaurant had the money to pay for a photographer, photo or something.
Speaker 1: Okay, they did, but all right, maybe they did that.
Speaker 9: But five years ago, a lot everything looked a lot better than this craft we're seeing.
Speaker 5: Well again, it's in its infancy. I think it will get better. I will.
Speaker 9: I hope it does, because I mean, the food does not look good.
Speaker 5: Here's a here's a strange story. I've never heard anything like this. Somebody sent this to me.
Speaker 1: So a woman. I'll just sort of read you right from this this article.
Speaker 2: Her name is.
Speaker 1: What is it something?
Speaker 2: An?
Speaker 5: I don't know how you pronounce this a nis dee vos? An? I is that how you pronounce her name? And I I don't know an I we'll just call we'll call her Anna? How about that?
Speaker 1: An?
Speaker 5: I was twenty seven years old back in July of twenty eleven, and she was being interviewed for a job at the Ministry of Culture in Paris. Now this is a French governmental organization, and the interviewer when she came in for the interview, he goes, hey, I just made some coffee, would you.
Speaker 2: Why don't you have some coffee?
Speaker 5: And the woman's like, well, I don't normally drink coffee, but I didn't want to be rude. I'm in here for the job interview, so I just accepted the coffee. And she says she took a sip and it tasted bad, so she only drank about half the coffee.
Speaker 2: And then they said they were in.
Speaker 5: The office and the guy goes, you know, when we go outside and have a little stroll and we'll we could talk about the job. And as they went through the streets of Paris, she began to feel an inexplicable and uncontrollable urge so urinate. She had to pee so bad, and you know when you have to pee, it sort of it comes on slowly, you know, like you might think about it. You're like, I might have to pee in a little while, and then later, and then eventually it reaches emergency proportions. But that you're in like two hours or like it's it's a while before you're at that level. Which so she goes from being completely fine to having to pee.
Speaker 1: As they're walking around the streets.
Speaker 2: So she said that she.
Speaker 5: Felt uncomfortable telling the guy that she wanted to go to the back to the office so that she could pee. So she said that she was cold, and she used that as an excuse to go back to the building, but he walked away and guided them towards the banks of the river. Send that's how you pronounce that, right, And so then she's like, listen, I have to use the bathroom like urgently, and he looked her right in the eye and he said, oh, do you need a wei And she says that she felt really weird by the way that he looked at her. And he then directed her towards the door of like a little like a storage closet under a bridge along the river bank there, and it's like here, you you can go in there. You can pee right in there, and she goes, well, that sounds a little bit, seems a little bit weird, and he's like, no, no, I can hold it, I guess, but it's getting worse and worse, this urge to pee, and then they walked to the loover to use the toilets, but they cost a euro and she had left her purse back in the office, and the guy's like, I don't have I don't have a euro. I don't have any money to give you so that you can use the bathroom. So eventually she found a cafe and they go, okay, yeah, you can use the bathroom in here, and as she's walking the bathroom, she couldn't hold it any longer. She's pete all over herself. Why am I telling you this story? Well, it turns out that the guy who works at the French Ministry of Culture did this to two hundred and fifty different women, where he would bring them in for job interviews. He would spike their drink with some sort of diuretic something that would make them pee, like having incredible urge to pee, and then he would get some sort of weird sexual gratification from watching them half to pee. One woman, a different woman, had a story where this guy. Eventually they're walking same thing, walking and they leave the office. They go walk and she's like, I got a pee, I got a pee, I got a pee.
Speaker 2: And he comes up.
Speaker 5: He's going all these roundabout ways and he's like, oh, no, there's a bathroom over here. They get there, there's actually no bathroom there. There's no toilet there. So then she has to just squat down right there in public and pee. And this guy, oh, don't worry, I'll shield you with my jacket. So's he's holding up his jacket to shield her from people passers by watching her pee while he then she says, never took her his eyes off of her as she squatted down and pete, and he's just watching her pee on the street. So they police have investigated this guy, and again this is this is back in twenty eleven at the first woman, they started an investigation like three or four years ago. They still have not gone to trial or anything. And now the women are getting here's a picture of the guy. The women are getting sort of antsying it and upon intended. How did they figure that out just enough? I mean, you do to that many people. I guess one person must say like, man, I was on a job interview and I.
Speaker 9: Peed yeah, and then somebody else must have been like, somebody else told me the same story.
Speaker 11: Or do you go to the doctor and go for some reason, I've been having a weird problem with urination and I'm peeing on myself now and they test your blood and find out that there's something in it.
Speaker 2: Well, affinitely one time, I'm not going to go with the doctor, right.
Speaker 5: No, But I mean one woman did have lasting issues from this. I don't know what it was, UTIs or something. I don't know what he was putting in their drink. But he was investigated. It originally came to light when he was in twenty eighteen. He was caught by a coworker taking a photograph of a woman underneath a table, like in a business meeting.
Speaker 1: He's puts his phone down there and tries to get an upskirt shot of her. So then he was suspended from his job.
Speaker 5: They started investigating, and he somehow, I guess he'd said that he had He admitted to investigators that he had imposed humiliating situations on women during job interviews, and they go, what does that mean exactly? And then they started investigating. They started looking at surveillance footage and whatnot, and then they determined that well, this is sort of weird, all these you know. Somehow they put two and two together, and then they start contacting the women who had come in for these job interviews, and they all had the same story, like, yeah, it was totally fine. I took it, I drank some coffee and then I had the uncontrollable urge to urinate. And of course there's no he'd always get him out of the office. But what a weird thing. I've never heard of, such a strange thing. So he's still awaiting charges or trial or whatever, and the women are upset at this, but they're like, this was an actual sexual assault. Now he'd I don't know, maybe, I mean he's getting sexual gratification from it. I'm assuming that's why he's doing this. So I don't know, technically is it sexual. He didn't touch them or anything like that. But they're still, you know, right, drug offended by this. What's that drugged them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, I mean this is a serious This is a serious issue, there's no doubt about it, and they want justice. But the guy has not been brought to justice yet. But what a weird, creepy thing to do. It's the only reason why I'm bringing it up. I just I've never heard something, so we have heard weird stories of somebody like peeing into the coffee pot at work and then people drink out of it, you know, like we've heard weirdos like that, but I've never heard of this where somebody actually drugs somebody. I've heard of guys drugging women in order to try and sleep with them. There was that guy also, I think it was in France, who was drugging his wife, do you recall, and then yes, he was inviting strange over off the internet for years. This went on to sexually assault her while she was passed out, and they would take video of it and stuff.
Speaker 1: Hundreds of times the wife was ripe.
Speaker 5: Now, I've heard of people being drug for that, but I've never heard of somebody drugging a woman just to make her pee because he had some sort of pee fetish or pea fascination.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know. Does that they do that for you? Watching a woman pete?
Speaker 4: Is it like you guys don't even watch your wives or girlfriends pee?
Speaker 2: Right? No, I'm afraid not to.
Speaker 5: I'm afraid they're gonna fart because one I p I fart, so I get out.
Speaker 1: Of the room.
Speaker 2: What's so big of it?
Speaker 4: Like where's if she farts in the world all the time, and I don't want to be wrong all the time?
Speaker 1: Cares I do? That's me?
Speaker 2: But that's so hypocritical.
Speaker 5: Probably that's okay. So he farts in there, Crystal, right in front of you in the fire box.
Speaker 1: She rip him to. Don't want to know she's doing it to.
Speaker 11: Ever have I ever ripped a far in this this room? I go to the bathroom, yours are blappers.
Speaker 5: Yours Never you've never let a silent fart in the fart box?
Speaker 2: No, I'm so I don't believe it either.
Speaker 11: I'm so afraid that somebody will come in here and then right after I farted, and then so I'll move to a different I'll go to a different studio. I have a studio that I only use other studio and I'll let one out over there, Or I'll go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I just thought she was voicing or something. She's just going in there.
Speaker 5: It's just a farm from time to five times a day. Yeah, are your farts so even a silent fart? Your farts are that disgusting that someone's going to walk in and go, oh my god, Crystal just farted.
Speaker 1: It after day.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that'll be the day that it's a rancid fart and somebody will be like, hey, I need to ask you a question, and it'll be right there.
Speaker 2: No, thank you.
Speaker 11: I just don't want that. I actually said that last night to my boyfriend. I don't want to fart in front of you. It is something I am trying not to do. I don't if my tummy hurts, I want to go to the bathroom and or I leave that area.
Speaker 2: Go to a different part of the house because I.
Speaker 5: Don't want girls farting in front of me, and I don't want necessarily I don't want to fart in front of girls either.
Speaker 1: Like I can remember going over to a girl's house.
Speaker 5: And we were getting ready to go out, and we're just kind of standing there getting ready, and I'm like, dude, I got a fart, man, and I know this is going to be like some sort of This is not just a little fart. So then I sat down on the couch and she's like, why are you sitting down? Like we got to go, but I knew that the couch cushion would muffle the fart, So then I just farted right into the couch cushion knights, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Then felt so much better and then get up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, I guess it is time to go. I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't want to just let one rip right there. Have you paid the piper yet with your emodium?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the porcelain God, so he went.
Speaker 5: I had like emodium, a triple dose of emodium on Friday because I was flying and I was having an emergency explosive diarrhea on a plane, and so I tripled.
Speaker 1: Ohost and I I did.
Speaker 2: Last night.
Speaker 5: There were a couple of rabbit turns, those little round pellets that that that a rabbit might poop out. I just not a full bowel movement, Charlie. Just so still, there's the reckoning is coming? Oh yeah, any day. It could be today, it could be tomorrow. I'm not sure when it's gonna be. B two and I are going out to dinner with a couple tomorrow, and I'm I'm really that's just it's gonna be my luck.
Speaker 1: That's when it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: One week after flying, one week of being stopped up, I'm gonna get to dinner, have an appetizer at dinner. Yeah, and then it's going to hit right then in the middle of dinner, just take another emodium.
Speaker 2: No, I'll have a blockage. Then imagine he's gonna do.
Speaker 1: I can already see on his face he's thinking about it. Oh I I I have it in my pocket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anytime I leave the house, I have some emodium there in case I'm caught out. Now, Yes, I need it. I'm addicted. Uh, you're addicted, So it's not all the time. Have not opened you keep a semodium? You say I'm going to be away from home, Yeah, for like how long?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Look when you say away from home, you go to dinner.
Speaker 5: You're if I'm going to be away from home for an extended if I'm going to either be a far away from home or b I'm going to be away from home for hours, then I'll then I'll have the emotion, Dick, that's.
Speaker 11: Enormous, too used to it?
Speaker 2: Like, I very rarely take it.
Speaker 1: I'm very very rarely take it. I want to throw it away right now, throw it away in front of us.
Speaker 2: I want. I might need it.
Speaker 5: I might see you're addicted. That's exactly what I be addicted. But I would not to take it. But I I need to have it, and my wife has to carry it around. This was her purse, she called my bag of tricks. It's just filled with pepto bismol, emmodium, etcetera. And in case I have a headache. You know, I gotta have it ready to go to moment's notice. She carries around all my my, my drug pusher, my drug mule.
Speaker 1: I've got to take a break. We'll be right back on rovers morning. Glory, hang on.