Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm Demand on the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts Mat Money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show on.
Speaker 2: The Home of Your World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app Honey Acker, Ubus Hooter. Sometimes it's a doggyat dog World and the rest of the time it's the other way around.
Speaker 3: Aha, I don't mean you expect rocal money five seven LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app Home of Your Future. One sixty two and zero Los Angeles Dodgers back to back World Series champions swept the Diamondback, so the weekend they stand at three and zero perfect on the campaign. They will host The Guardians tonight from the gallpin Ford Broadcast Center, a first pitch at seven to ten pm. Dodgers. On dec at six, Rochi Sasaki will make his debut, much to the consternation of many Dodger fans and whether or not the celebrated seemingly stressed at times heroic at times Starter can reclaim his spot in the rotation with at least just an average outing tonight.
Speaker 4: Oh you're date.
Speaker 2: We are very excited to see Roki Sasaki and what he can do. I just heard Trent Rogan saying on the Ciber Horse Monday that he will have to prove it to himself that he can't be a Starter, and the Dodgers can't afford to let him so some very terse words.
Speaker 3: Certainly no hope.
Speaker 2: The dean of La Sports and it is Roddy is excited for Elbuto Adelo meets a lot of Monday. Allo meets a lot of Monday. The Pettersen Money Show reaches out.
Speaker 5: It's long arm.
Speaker 2: Of friendship and shakes the hand of Mexico south of the border to South America.
Speaker 3: Straight down.
Speaker 2: It's not a real beach. A lot of it's not made with modelo. Yes, if you are or if you're not. It's a reward for people with a fighting spirit. If you're Latino, you might be howling at the moon on a Moo meets a lot of Monday for the petros of my show knows how to celebrate your Latino, all our caballeros and cabayos. We sure appreciate you, and we appreciate Modello, which is a great what essoon buyin Dia.
Speaker 1: You know, see I just said, it's a beautiful day, no less spaniol What.
Speaker 6: Boy, you really don't speak Spanish?
Speaker 2: Do you kick him out?
Speaker 5: Slater?
Speaker 6: Albert Clifford Slater. Albert Slater's an angloman your Latino.
Speaker 2: I always think about when she laid Slater down in her dorm room with a bunch of candles, you know, the Jesus Latino candles that you buy at the girl at the Osco drug all over the walls. The lights dim down, and she's got all the Saints and Virgin Mary candles everywhere. And of course you know she has darker uh you know, nipples.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: You know, he lays Slater down, and he's got the.
Speaker 3: Beautiful dark just made. Of course, she has darker nipples.
Speaker 2: Do you see how she's revealing himself to herself, to him? You know, what do you think, Matt, you think she's doing all that finding out he's Latino, throwing herself at him like that.
Speaker 3: And she could still have lightly shaded nipples.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Do you see her? You could see she has like all kinds of books stacked like Gabrielle Garcia Marquez. She has the Savantes. She probably has a couple free.
Speaker 6: To callo slipper slater later than anger.
Speaker 2: And then she lays slater down. You know, maybe she raps Spanish Spanish oils on his chest.
Speaker 3: Now she's got Spanish oils as well, thinks and Johnson, Baby.
Speaker 2: Don't you think it's time to stop denying your room?
Speaker 6: Do you think it's tiny stopped, Denya Roots.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna show you what it's really like to be a Latino slater.
Speaker 6: And slayered Chicano studies.
Speaker 2: Why do you care about that? I'll tell you why cause she rob me Donald. Oh jesus, I want to guess to me my family has changed it when I removed my wooden cop.
Speaker 6: Do you think it's tiny stopped, Denina Roots?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know that.
Speaker 5: On Meat.
Speaker 3: You don't think she was so good to have MODELO back?
Speaker 2: She was setting him up man to take her back to her Spanish lab of sex.
Speaker 6: Now Latino, I want to guess to me my family has changed.
Speaker 3: It or maybe she just found a lost soul. Nah dude was searching for his identity, had like many of us find once we arrived and she had missile lock on his pepper.
Speaker 6: Don't you time stopped denial roots?
Speaker 2: I want a root.
Speaker 6: Heritage to be accepted.
Speaker 2: I want to do that. No, not after she laid me down under that frieda Callo painting and had her way with me. I've lit many candles this ceremony. Maya Buela used to like candles to take care of the chivas in the neighborhood. You're Latino and there was a pregnant goat beautiful story.
Speaker 3: Horrible direction.
Speaker 6: Don't you think it's time stopped denyer roots.
Speaker 2: Well, if that's going in a horrible direction, I don't want to go in the right direction. Oh, Dodgers Guardians tonight, Dodgers on deck at six, first pitch at seven ten, And I don't think it's there's a different pigment. I don't think it's a far best thing to say. You can always podcast our show on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. We're gonna talk to Dave, who's live at Dodger Stadium an hour. Second hour, We're gonna do a top story of the day. We're gonna do a flip top story of the day. We're gonna have sachoufas top and Flip and this and that we're gonna do. How was your weekend? Ronnie's gonna talk. Ronnie went out to Dodger Stadium, Kates went to Arizona, you know, Matt went to the Green Cheek. Everybody had the time of their lives. Speaking of concessions. You know, I thought this was a very interesting story and it brings up a great conversation because I think it was three years ago Matt I took my kids, my son and his friend to Dodger Stadium and bought them both a T shirt. And when they told me the T shirt was seventy five dollars, I was like, for both, and they said no, no, no, each and it was a seventy five dollars mister, cartoon show, Hey O tawny jersey. And those prices to the shoe ATONI T shirt jerseys have not gone down. If anything, I'm sure they've gone up. And people love to buy them as you see people wearing them around town. But Matt, this one did receive some backlash. A limited edition item designed at Dodger Stadium for Dodger Stadium with Otani's jersey number, last name, and a blue belt. A gigantic limited edition cup. Oh yeah, I saw that that you can buy at Dodger Stadium, this special Otani cup. Now, Ittill, they're sold out. You said limited editions, so they're going it's already played three games. It's not the holy Grail, you know, where if you drink it you're gonna have eternal life like Indiana.
Speaker 3: Johnes, Well, we don't know. It hasn't been tested, you know, the long the long term study is an.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we don't know. You possibly, we do know that if you drink it, you don't turn immediately into an old decrepit man and then blow into dust, so they we do know that. But they're charging for this cup of soda seventy four nine.
Speaker 1: Right, But.
Speaker 2: The caveat was that you can go back all day long at that game that you bought that soda at to the concession stand and get a free refill. Right for seventy four ninety nine. You get the cup forever like Tony's on the pier, and then you also get a free refill.
Speaker 3: So if you go once an inning, it's like eight bucks a soda, right, if you manage to get nine sodas.
Speaker 2: And then they declare you dead after they cart your body to the Respira Barlow Respiatory Hospital at Allegian Park and you've rotted out all of your insides by drinking nine mountain dew Baja blasts. Yes, but people did push back against this, Matt. People said that is too much money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it became a topic there on the social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, social media attacked them and said, that is way too much money. We'll pay seventy five dollars for an Atani T shirt, but for a special ottoni plastic cup that costs the same amount as probably the T shirt to make, we will not pay seventy four dollars. And the dodger said, Okay, it's cool. We'll lower that price to sixty eight ninety nine.
Speaker 3: And not only.
Speaker 2: Will we lower the price to sixty eight ninety nine, but you can get a free soda refill with that cup. Don't call us cheap, The dodger said, you can get a free refill with your special o Tawni cup any game you bring it to all season long.
Speaker 3: Now we got a full.
Speaker 2: So if you're a season ticket holder and you're a Dodger stadium once on a wisus a ticket holder and you're a sodahead, you gotta be a sodahead too, Matt. You know they're not going to fill the thing up with pappy for you. Yeah, if you get if you get a soda every time you go to a game, yes, then you could potentially save yourself. And Kate's did the math. Five hundred dollars worth of soda.
Speaker 3: If you went to every game, if you went to half the home games and got how many sodas per game?
Speaker 5: One soda per game?
Speaker 3: And how much is a soda right now?
Speaker 5: Eleven ninety nine for this souvenir cup?
Speaker 3: Oh so much is just a soda in a regular cup?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know, but if you want to refill your souvenir cup.
Speaker 2: It actually costs the Dodgers less than a.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean eleven night Yeah, that's for a souvenir cup, but just like a straight soda, I'm guessing is what like seven bucks or something?
Speaker 5: Right, but during the math eleven ninety nine, a typical Dodger stadium and souvenir cup. If you went to half of the eighty one games, forty one eighty two games.
Speaker 2: Now the Dodgers are counting on you being so big of an idiot that you forget to bring your big giant free soda cup after you bought it the first.
Speaker 3: Time, or you're not gonna come to forty one of the eighty two home or the forty of the.
Speaker 2: A I mean, any of the games you get some sodas you're saving. Like if you go to like ten games and you buy and you fill that thing up with soda and wrought out your insides with Baja blasts like three times per game, I mean you are, You're you're taking the Mark Walter to the bank. I mean you're getting one over on the doyer.
Speaker 5: It's six refills after the initial purses, six refills anything after you've paid for the cup.
Speaker 2: Wow. So if you can get six refill, if you can drink six sodas the day you buy it, and then.
Speaker 3: Coming ahead, take my gallbladder please.
Speaker 2: A lot of pushback on this, and usually when people push back on the Dodgers' prices. The Dodgers say, that's okay, you don't have to pay it. Here's a bus full of Japanese tourists out of Hokkaido that's just arrived, and they're willing to pay five times what you just said you wouldn't pay. And they laugh, they laugh haha at the proletariat. But in this case, Matt the Dodger said, we hear you. We're willing to drop the price like four dollars, though it will get over seventy with tax when you buy it at the sixty eight dollars price point.
Speaker 3: Government do take it bye.
Speaker 2: Of course, we will lower the price. And if you're smart enough to remember to bring this cup to every Dodger game, then we will fill it full of poison and you can suck it back all afternoon or night.
Speaker 3: Long, and cats is all over it. As I don't think they I don't think they sell you like a paper cup anymore. You've got to buy the souvenir cup to get a soda like it all comes in the in the plastic cups, and it's like a way they still oh yeah, eleven ninety nine, but think about it, you're getting little keepsick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you buy the show Hao Tawny Special seventy dollars glass, they will refill it. They will not refill your skinny plastic souvenir glass that costs fifteen dollars.
Speaker 3: And you know you could do a little role play with that cup as well. Be like, hey, mister o Tunny, this was going to unbuckle your bilt. Huh as we sit here alone together, I am going to undo your buttons.
Speaker 2: So I can't talk about the dark nipples. But but we can unbuckle lough Toni's belt.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying for the people think about that sort of thing, you know, how about the.
Speaker 2: People that want to think about the dark nipples on that Chicano Studies Lady, don't you think it's time you stop denying your desire? So Tony, let me unbuckle this belt for you. Earlier you were full of mister pid, but now you were full of desire.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is it one refill every game?
Speaker 3: I don't think they can do that, right, I mean they they're unless it's assuming your cup. You don't want them marking that thing out.
Speaker 2: I can't stop you. No, it's not like a tire that's been illegally parked.
Speaker 1: Don't stop me.
Speaker 5: You can ask. This can go like three or four times and just fill it up. And whoever wants diet coke is die coke.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Like what if you like, what if you're with a group and they're all soda heads. You know, you got a bunch of folks out from Utah.
Speaker 2: A dirty sodas all day You're.
Speaker 3: Just going up there, Hey, Baha, blast, I want an orange sod and all you're doing is dumping it into their cups the rest of the game. Now you're really getting out ahead.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, just spend the whole game distributing soda.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna distribute soda.
Speaker 2: Like somebody that just runs around and puts coins in parking, right.
Speaker 3: It's like buying the one plate for the buffet and then taking it back to the table and now everybody's picking off of it.
Speaker 2: It's crab leg night here. No, it doesn't work. I've seen a few police videos where people get arrested for that. Technically that has to be explained to the different customers.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, Shee Fountain Soda refills all seasons.
Speaker 2: I think it would take like six months if you became a soda bandit for them to track you down. Yeah, but finally, like they track you down and Lownrosen standing there with Tan casting and they're all standing there like taking us a while to find you, like Tom Hankson and Leonardo DiCaprio and catch me if you can. We figure you've stole them at least one hundred and twenty thousand dollars worth of soda from Mark Walter, Sir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I found the loophole. Guys, what are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 2: H media can't find you there, Lebron, I'm.
Speaker 3: Going home with my dark nip girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Nothing you can do, Bud. When she lays Slater down and starts chanting the different Mestizo Chance. When she comes into the room naked but just two Pancho villa bullet belts arount crossed around her chest over her bare breasts, and says, yeah you ready, Slater?
Speaker 3: Stop it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What do you think she Why do you think she approached Slater just because she wanted to teach him about his heritage?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's college. She looked lost.
Speaker 2: She wanted to pepper all along. We'll be right back with the top story of the Day and net.
Speaker 1: Southern California's most listened to sports talk show this.
Speaker 2: Money on Demand. Oh yeah, attacking Monday with an enthusiasm unknown de mankind. Shout out to Jim Harbaugh, who's got it better than us on the Petrosen Money Show. Body, some of that will meet you a lot of Monday. Maybe it's time we all stop denying our roots. Kids Dodgers taking on the Guardians tonight. Rookie Susaki gonna be on the mount. He might be denying his roots of a major league reliever. You could be a reliever, rookie stuff denying your roots. David Vassa will join us in the next hour. We got a lot of great sports talk to get to great sports talk. How was your weekend? And next? But right now it's time for the top story of the day, Top.
Speaker 5: Story of it Dad Well.
Speaker 3: I listened to the game Saturday through the iHeartRadio app while I was working around the house watching a little bit of tournament action. Listened easy Super Easy, Tim and Rick great together as always well pitched by Glass Now drama in the late innings. Will Smith's homer on his birthday on his bobblehead night, which I learned thanks to the many Petros money listeners that decided to pepper me on social media, is also Derek Carr's Bobblehead Nights their birthday, not as Bobblehead Night as birthday. Well, thank you for sharing that with me. It made my evening. And once again a lockdown, shut out performance by the bullpen and a tight game and when they trailed in for a good portion for that matter. But I'm gonna start with this because I am a cheap skate and I will not start my TV subscription to Sports and at La until April first. By paying monthly, I saved twenty dollars as opposed to paying for the year. I like our broadcast. I love listening to Kates and Vassa on Dodgers on Deck, Tim and Rick are pros. Music selection from Colin Yee is sensational and second to none, and all radio broadcasts of Major League Baseball hell of a production. So don't need to be in a hurry to put my eyes on it. My ears are plenty right now. But the one thing I did realize this weekend, as I just mentioned my ears are plenty, was as I tried to seek out whether or not Saturday's game, as I suspect many Dodger games will be nationally broadcast, was available anywhere? Like, hey, where if it is being played somewhere, where might I find it? And look? It is working? The streaming services are working. It's working for the leagues, not working for a lot for the teams, exactly, it's working for the players. They're all getting paid because they're taking our money, and they've got us all so addicted to content that the bitching we did about the bundle is pennies compared to what we're freaking pushing out of our wallets. For all of these different services, it's more of a pain in the ass than ever. If you want to watch the tournament and flip it over to the baseball game and then maybe get a brilliant bit of theater with Gary Woodland and his emotional return to the winner slot on the PGA Tour. It really sucks, but I'm looking for the Dodger game just to see that a Saturday broadcast might be national. And here was my checklist. Is it on TBS, No, they got the tournament. Is it on MLB Network No? Is it on Apple TV? No, that's Fridays Is it on NBC Peacock, No, they just had the opener. Is it on ESPN? No, they've got the women's tournament right now. Is it on FS one No? Is it on Big Fox? No, they're playing the Yankee game. It must be on Sportsnet. That's our checklist. That's what we have to do.
Speaker 2: You gotta go to sports Net first, Matt. You gotta go to Jay Hare right off the top.
Speaker 3: I don't have it right now. I ain't gonna have it till April first. So I was doing the rounds. Yeah, I was gonna do the rounds for like, where might it be? Because I'm not gonna start paying for sports Net till April one. That is eight channels that you will have to check to figure out where the Dodger game might be. If you want to watch every single game this year, that is what you're gonna have to figure out. FS one's got a handful of games, ESPN's got a couple. Do you have those with a provider with a bundle? Are you paying separate for the apps alone? MLB Network has a couple. Apple TV's got three or four here in the first half alone. And if you're not watching a studio or the morning show or the severance or hijack. You know, maybe you don't have the Apple TV. Well, now you're missing those Friday night games. And of course, if you want to go ahead and get a digital antenna and mount it to your roof or your balcony, then you can get Fox or NBC for free, but that's not likely to happen. So again you're gonna need some sort of provider for those, but not the iHeart app. If you're here in Los Angeles, you get your audio broadcast on. You put in that earbud and it's one stop shopping and it's free. And I enjoyed the hell out of it on Saturday, every single one of them. If you're in the Greater LA area. Like so many romanticizes about oh my transistor radio and my little wired earbud listening to Vin's scully, it's simple, it's easy, and every single one of them will be available all year, and it made it simple for me. Now, look the great as you mentioned, get your Jay hair on, get your Heart tongue on. The majority of the games are on sports Net. Do I want to pay them one hundred and eighty dollars for it a little on the rich side if you ask me.
Speaker 2: But well, you know what I mean. You're getting jay Haare.
Speaker 3: I'm getting jay Haare, And I guess I'm willing to pay a dollar twenty for entertainment per game. One dollar twenty cents is just like a splash of Fanta Orange in that souvenir shop, just like a quick up. All right, count the one. That's what it is for me to get that Doctor game on Sports Net. So when put into that context, it is affordable. And I'm guessing a lot of people are dealing with the same thing. How do you fix it? You're not gonna the cable cutting, of course, eventually broke up the bundle a few years back, put an end most of those bundle services, Direct TV, screwing, a saddle out on your roof, all that sort of stuff. But until people start saying I can do without Netflix, without Apple TV, without Paramount Plus, without Peacock, without Prime, We're just going to get screwed. And that's the reality of this. So with that bit of self promotion for the station out of the way, but you better have that iHeartRadio app because it's free, and the Petros and Money Show is free, and the Dodger games are free if you're in the Greater La Area. Vegas takeaway after the first series p not closed, and there was a pun intended there. It's the closer, otherwise pronounced closer. Having Edwin Diez in the back of that bullpen is such a huge difference. It is almost immeasurable from a statistical standpoint. They wanted Tanner Scott to be the closer last year. They thought, Okay, if he can't do it, let's get this Kirby Yates gentleman in here. Scott was never a close. He had four saves in San Diego when he was known as the Otani stopper, never had more than twenty two in a single season. Kirby Yates led the league in saves in twenty nineteen, piled up thirty three and twenty twenty four. But David Vasse told us when he was signed before he even took the ball for the first time in the regular season. It was an outlier of a season for Yates, and the Dodgers bit on it the year before. The year before in Atlanta, Kirby was not the closer. He had a five to one four and a three, two eightyra the previous two seasons. He had been injured for three years, basically, so you were hoping that twenty twenty four could be the normal, which it wasn't. Same with Blake Trining only one single season as a full time closer. He was good in Oakland as their ninth inden man in twenty eighteen thirty three saves. The Dodgers pointed to Evan Phillips as an in house option and he was good. But twenty four saves in sixty two games, followed by eighteen and sixty one and twenty three and twenty four. That's not a closer. That is a guy. That's just a guy man who was asked to close games. Hey, Evan, we're gonna have you close some games now, Edwin Diez, that's a closer. That is not a guy who was asked to close games. Outside of his rookie year, when he took over the closers roll late in the season for the Mariners and finished with eighteen. He has led his team in saves every single year, thirty four in his second season, fifty seven to lead the Majors in twenty eighteen his third season. After that, twenty six, he got hurt in twenty twenty, only pitched in twenty six games, then twenty one and twenty two, thirty two and thirty two saves. When he was out in twenty three with the World Baseball Classic injury, that was a bummer. But then again led the Mets in saves and it wasn't close. He was their closer. And when you have that at the back end of a bullpen, when you don't need to sit down there all hopped up on energy drinks wondering if you're gonna go in into seven or the eighth, or am I going to be asked to get the three hardest outs of a baseball game and have to go out there in the ninth And now I got to drink a second red bull, yellow or whatever it was that ruined Kate's's insides. I mean, yeah, Tanner Scott had twenty three saves last year, but he blew ten, literally the man blew ten saves to lead the majors and had an ERA of five. That is not a closer. And then when you look down the Dodger stats from last year, you see why he wasn't a closer because Vessia had five, Dryer had four, Kirby Yates had three trying and had two, Caspirius had two, Rebleski two. None of them knew what the hell was going to happen after first pin, which you look at these first two at three games, Will Klein has got closer stuff. Saturday, he worked through the top of the lineup Marte Corbyn, Carrol Perdomo, and he's doing eighty nine cutter, ninety seven, four seemer strikeout, eighty four curves, swing and miss, ninety seven four seamer foul ball, fastball groundout, ninety seven to four Seemer eighty eight sweeper ground out. It's nasty stuff. And without Diaz, I would not be surprised if Will Kleine, through these first three games had been tried out as their ninth inning guy to see if he could lock it down. And then can you let Vessia and try and In and Tanner Scott settle into matchups, And it wouldn't have been right because they would have known, you know what, eventually there's some growing pains, and he's young, and the ninth inning's hard and closers are just different. But here with Edwin Diaz, with his total comfort in the ninth inning. It only took him ten pitches, first three outs, like it was nothing on Saturday. And you see that confidence now in the bullpens.
Speaker 2: What do you make of the angry Puerto Ricans in New York City, Matt and queens unhappy that they took the trumpet all the way out to the West coast. And it's not Timmy, but Tatiana.
Speaker 3: Tatiana took trumpet travels. That's what I say. Triple T the trumpet travels t TT. That's what happens. You had an opportunity to sign them, but you had to give one Soto. That's that's sweet.
Speaker 2: But they're saying the trumpets was a Puerto Rican East Coast thing, and you have bastardized our celebration, our special moment. That's what they're saying.
Speaker 3: Perhaps they're not familiar with Los Angeles' but ken your Porto Rico neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Ye had the little Potano.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in between Montclair and claremont See is Ano Puelo ya.
Speaker 3: Friday night, Diaz. She and only able to go three and two thirds vessie a three up, three down, twelve pitches, we mentioned will Klein and Riquez in the eighth, everybody's more comfortable. And Rique has two popouts in a strikeout. He hit one hundred miles an hour six times, one time, one hundred and one closer stuff, don't need it. In the ninth, you got ds Tanner. Scott had to clean up a casparious inning with Tuan that he inherited in a tie game. If that's in the ninth inning, they lose that game, no doubt about it. Instead, strikeout on four pitches. Had they challenged his fourth pitch, it ended up taking six to get the strike up, but he still got it, preserved the tie. Everybody pointed to the starters and the injuries and where this thing could get sideways as being a cause for concern, But really the only reason that came up is because of the signing of Edwin Diz and what he means to this team and the confidence he gives the rest of that bull bullpen knowing they will not have to fend for who has to go out there and get the three toughest outs in baseball, the final three in a tight game. We'll see what Sasaki has tonight. Rableski has not been used yet, so it's intentional that they are preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Two innings, zero hits allowed, one walk, two saves. We took timmy trumpet and it is everything that the Dodgers hoped it would be from these early returns, and no doubt something that has been caused for consternation even even in the late the last few seasons of Kenley Jansen.
Speaker 6: Uh uh.
Speaker 2: California Love anywhere else?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Like? Does he come out to California Love in Boston?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean does he? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what come out to in Atlanta?
Speaker 3: I think so. I think that that that Sean Mullins guy, he's from Atlanta. I gonna be all.
Speaker 2: He goes rock a Bye, That's what he's coming out to in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: That actually would work as a closer song if you think about it.
Speaker 2: For Cleveland. I know he came out to the Ohio players, but oh, come on, well, another streaming dissertation from Matt There's gonna be more and everybody's happy with Edwin Diaz. So far, the early returns are fabulous, except with the Puerto Ricans except for the the Queen's Puerto Ricans are not happy and little Porto Ricano between Montclair and Claremont is being ignored.
Speaker 3: I believe that's not fair.
Speaker 2: That's where Tatiana Trumpet came down to ten to Dodger Stadium. Okay, we'll be back with how is your weekend on Petrosen Money and say, I'm five seventy l A Sports, your Home of the Dodgers. Pregame with Tim Kate starts six. This is Petro Send.
Speaker 3: Money, Demand Demand, Demand, demand.
Speaker 2: Cracking. Everybody, welcome back. It's Petro Send Money on AM five seventy l A Sports. We have re established access to our talkback buttons. Uh you know the talkback thing on the iHeartRadio ad at red button there on the iHeartRadio app. Yeah, we used to call it the Clinoris of response. You used to call it the c Sorry man, you don't want to be uh, you don't want to almost here, Porco. Papa Dacus back there pumping his fist getting that last out man, Great job, buddy.
Speaker 3: Thank you got buddied. Thank you, sir, you got buddied.
Speaker 2: So we do have an access again to the talk back anything else that you want to play before we get into how was your weekend?
Speaker 3: Tim?
Speaker 2: I know you're very proud of the.
Speaker 5: Talk through some of this stuff, So what do you got?
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 5: There's just a lot of mean people in the world.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, our show, Porko Papadakas. I don't feel like that was that mean. I mean, I'll take Peter pork or park Or Papadakas over a lot of things.
Speaker 7: Hey, sorry to say this. I'm a I've been listening to Ko's Ko I SI forever of all the programming, but I gotta tell you, Fred is getting so damn boring.
Speaker 3: Oh he's got to go. I'd bring Hartman back.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I'm just you're just listening to these things and it's all negativity.
Speaker 2: What else is there? Is there anything positive?
Speaker 7: How did Matt money Smith listen to the Dodger broadcast on the iHeartRadio app in the Los Angeles area?
Speaker 2: Why wasn't he blacked out? Yeah? I don't know, Geo Fens just just.
Speaker 3: And it was there.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, this talk back is really flourishing. How about that?
Speaker 3: Tim and Rick having a bang up.
Speaker 2: Time any morning?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: Tim? Anything else you want to before we get to your week.
Speaker 7: I love you man, been listening to see you forever.
Speaker 3: Hey, all right, oh, there you go. There's some positivity.
Speaker 2: Hey, but with you.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, here's what more this is?
Speaker 3: Uh, let's see. Please tell LeVar Arrington to be still, sit there, be quiet.
Speaker 6: Either that or get off the show.
Speaker 5: He ruins everything.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 5: This is clearly geared towards the morning show, so you can do it anytime of the day.
Speaker 3: I guess you should be the ones to access that. I feel like that should be limited to each show.
Speaker 2: A lot of them are because after I go on there, they have something to say about this. Well, but the guy tried to fire Fred. Wow, I mean, I mean I think that.
Speaker 3: I mean he didn't acknowledge that LeVar ruined your sex. We never discussed those kind of things on our show. Never. We would never do that.
Speaker 2: All Right, it is Monday. I'm gonna do what I do. The weekend is mine, soga.
Speaker 3: How was your weekend, Matt, wonderful weekend. My oldest is home from the big town. Her cousin, my step niece, is the first of their generation that'll be having a child. So a baby shower. All the cousins came back into town for her celebration. On Saturday. Friday night, we had Hennessy's Little Little different than playing the Troubadour on Sunday, but credit to the kids. Banged out three hours of covers for the drunks who were dancing and I ate healthy. At Hennessy's, I ordered the Flight of Fries, which gives you an order of sweet, potato, regular and garlic fries all on one plate. I feel incredible. Saturday am I serfed.
Speaker 2: I feel incredible eight hundred and West Medical.
Speaker 3: I cleaned the house for the return of the post baby shower. After party at our home, we had dinner at El Burrito Junior per the request of my oldest daughter in town, and Sunday slept in a little bit rode bikes with the family to grab some breakfast and coffee at I did greatest time in the world, but the waves did not co operate. We made our way down to the Beach House restaurant here in Seal for a round of drinks and took some Uno. Took the game Muno whether it was played, A few rounds of that. I mean really just very Americana. Nineteen seventies television style weekend. I did almost get hit by a car on my skateboard. Dumbass blew a stop sign, so thankfully I was able to get out of the way of that had all the cousins over for burgers, Yes, madam, I was very lucky. I had all the cousins over for burgers last night and they all out till till late. So wonderful to have all of them here for the weekend. And congratulations to my niece on her soon to be motherhood.
Speaker 2: We need more people.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if that was a sincere comment or sarcasm, but if we don't make any more people, I do.
Speaker 2: I believe we very much need more people. That's why I know. That's why I know why that Latina recruited a clam down in her special Spanish red room of lights and heritage.
Speaker 3: We need more people.
Speaker 2: We do. That's your people need shoes two. That's why we did the shooteria and that's why w s A.
Speaker 3: People stop having kids. We don't need any more people.
Speaker 2: People do say that. People do say that, and it's wrong. We need more people. I command your family members for giving us more people.
Speaker 5: Cats had a great weekend, guys. Friday night, got on a plane, went to Phoenix, Arizona to see two of my daughters who are out there. Layla had senior weekend a game against Arizona State on Saturday night and then Arizona the homecoming game on Sunday, a home game, but the Saturday game got canceled or postponed because of bees.
Speaker 3: Bees. Bees.
Speaker 2: You want to bumble with the bees.
Speaker 5: There was numerous and by numerous I mean several sporting events on campus at Arizona State that got postponed Saturday afternoon and evening because of bees swarming across different fields at Arizona State. And so they were the victim of that. So no game. So we went to dinner and went to Blanca's Blancos excuse me, Blancos right there on.
Speaker 2: County by the WSS.
Speaker 5: Lady Blanca, it is her family owns Blancos right there at Arizona State. Saturday night, stayed at the Graduate Hotel right next to Arizona State.
Speaker 2: Did Jenny Caft do your excuse me check you into the room?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I see a lot of graduate commercials during the football season. Jenny Taft hanging out at the hotel. I guess she's not really.
Speaker 5: There my first time stayed at a graduate hotel.
Speaker 2: Not bad.
Speaker 5: Right, Sunday Wow, Arizona versus GCU Women's Prom at from dates Layla's last home game. So we had senior day, got introduced on the field, gave her some flowers. She said, five goals for assists.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: And then we had some lunch and what is it called flower Child? Wild Child? I don't know what it's called. Someplace there in uh Arizona and Phoenix area.
Speaker 3: State really really narrowing it down flower.
Speaker 5: Child Maybe I'm not sure. And then rent a car and drove back. So flew out, rented a car and drove back, and the guy at the ABS Dealership's like, you don't mister Kate's usually I don't do this, but I'm gonna upgrade your card. Oh yeah, well usually it's two hundred and fifty dollars for this kind of car. Yeah, but I'm gonna do it for seventy five. I said, yeah, I don't think. So he's like, are you a Costco member? I said, yeah, he goes fifty dollars for you.
Speaker 2: I said, I don't have.
Speaker 5: My Costco car on he goes, I'll use my Costco car. Don't worry nice.
Speaker 3: So we got got an extra fifty bucks out of you, yep, to drive what instead of what a Mercedes Benz instead of a.
Speaker 5: Kia tell you right, okay? And we actually at the time I drove off the lot of Davis at Sky Harper, I was like, I got bamboozled. I totally got bamboozled.
Speaker 3: It's still four wheels in a steering wheel.
Speaker 5: But when I went to the gas station and Blight and got my beef jerky and filled up the car, it was only like thirty bucks.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 5: And then when I filled it up to return to the Burbank Airport this morning, it was another thirty five ish, So sixty five dollars in gas. I actually saved money because I would have had to fill it. But tell you ry, which is a gas guzzler instead this little Mercedes saved money.
Speaker 2: So you.
Speaker 3: Know you were rolling in a Benz. What the hell you said?
Speaker 5: See me, man, I was going across the ten freeway. Popped your collar, living the life Ronnie way to go.
Speaker 2: Good thing.
Speaker 4: It was just you in that car.
Speaker 7: Tim.
Speaker 5: Oh, my wife was there too.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, because a little the bens, a little little small a little small had.
Speaker 2: A nice weekends.
Speaker 4: Saturday, I was up early doing a little backyard clean up and watering down the patio area and uh uh waiting for the afternoon. We gathered the family together and went to the Dodger game, rolling deep with about, well not about, but rolling deep with eight of us. There were eight of us hanging out, eating, drinking, and enjoying what was an exciting game on will Smith bobblehead. I did try one of the new food items that they have there, the chow Main burrito, that was quite different but good and it filled me up, and it was quite popular as well, as they were selling out left and right, and judging by how many.
Speaker 2: People kept Oh you know what, the first time I went there, they were out.
Speaker 4: I tried to order one and she said, come back in ten minutes, and so I waited fifteen minutes. I went back and she says, they just came out and here you go, and there were two other dudes waiting for them as well. So yeah, ChIL Maine burrito quite popular at Dieter Stadium. Sunday, we stayed home with domestic chores and the NCAA Elite eight. Yeah. Indeed, that's how I felt as well, that was my weekend. What about you, petros Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, I pretty standard youth sports and yoga at my sister's yoga studio. I did ah. I had a baseball game for my son, the Peninsula Pony League Dodgers. I believe they won. And then that soccer for my daughter. We were beaten handily. And then I went to my nephew, colost Ford, my sister's kids game at the Rolling Hills Little League. I did the most interesting thing I did all weekend, which is sad now that you think about it, is I used the ten dollars jolly Be gift card that Carlos, the listener gave me for a chicken combo at jolly Be. Where's your jolly Be There's one on Hawthorn near one ninetieth in Torrents. So I did that for our Filipino friends. What'd you get? Just a couple of chickens, the spicy chicken. I wanted to try the chicken.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I ordered a burger, but they said it would take fifteen minutes to cook. I said, just give me some chickens. Said you gave you like a side of spaghetti with that? Or you can't get spaghetti. I got the side of a coleslaw.
Speaker 7: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: Sunday, I went to yoga and then I ate alone at the Malaga Cove Market. I ate my tuna melt, and then I took my son to baseball practice, and while I was at while he was at practice, I ate alone at a taco place on top of the hill.
Speaker 3: Did you have any small talk with anybody?
Speaker 2: No, I did not ever know I was popular at the Malaga co Market. Okay, I talked to a few people there. I talked to a guy about a book that he was holding, James Lee Burke, the Dave Robis show, detective series. And the guy said that he was a former alcoholic and the book really spoke to him because of the deep alcoholism misery and the book. So we talked about that a little bit. That was pretty much. Yet I watch a lot of people get arrested on YouTube, which I really enjoy. Yeah, okay, we'll be right back. We got your word number and song of the day. Everybody had big fun gatherings at Flower Power and El Barrito Junior and Dodger Stadium. And that's a wonderful thing because we need more people and We're not going to get more people unless people gather and spend time together.
Speaker 5: Oh I forgot. I spent like seventy dollars in saltan straw on ice cream. That was fun. So that place more overrated fancy ice cream.
Speaker 2: Couldn't Mat do that saltan straw cakes to.
Speaker 3: Talk story the other day, there was a number a little ways back.
Speaker 2: I mean you, you're reticent to spend money on the on the.
Speaker 3: By the salt. I didn't buy the Sultan straw. The family, the girls bought the saltan straw, and I complained about the Sultan straw.
Speaker 2: I think that's a little bit misleading, Matt. I think you bought mislead. You bought it, brought it home, and I was like, the hell is this? You bought the You bought the salt and they bought the straw. When a lot of people, you know, you see you see somebody with the salt and straw and you might you might miss uh miss understand them for a cocaine addict, somebody with white substance and a straw. We'll be right back with your word number, song of the day, your super population show of record, the Petro Somebody show