Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the morning show. I felt like I was living a comedy routine that I've seen Sebastian malv what's his name, Sebastian Malfasco or whatever his name is. He does a great stand up routine about exactly what Chelsea and I experienced happened to us last night.
Speaker 2: So Chelsea and I were eating dinner. We just sat down.
Speaker 1: We got to carry out at Redcoat, which is a big burger place in the area here, and so excited to sit down and just honestly eat. I was like, so hungry. I had not eaten at all since earlier in the day I had middle eats nice. So, long story short, Sebastian does this stand up routine about how times are so different nowadays. The biggest difference nowadays from the past is in the past, if you just randomly showed up at somebody's house in the doorbell ring, you would get excited. It'd be like, oh my god, who's at the door. Now when the doorbell rings, you dive on the ground and start hiding so that nobody knows that you're home. It's really interesting how we've all changed our ways. Well, last night we're sitting at the kitchen table and that you know that ring? Anybody have ring at all? I have a ring doorbell, and the ring doorbell goes ning. No, and when that ding dong thing goes off, I'm telling you, I am like petrified. Like it's like I get a chill go through my body and I go, are you expecting anybody?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I'm not expecting anybody.
Speaker 1: You're one of those And the worst I'm like thinking, my kids, are you know what's going on?
Speaker 2: It's like, what's up?
Speaker 1: I don't even get up from the kitchen table to go walk and look to the door to see if there's you know, even a shape of a person there. I grab my phone instantly and I look at my ring and I'm like, oh my god, it's the neighbor. And I don't want to say the neighbor's name, but you know who you are. Were you expecting them, Chelsea?
Speaker 2: No? Are you expecting him? Tom?
Speaker 1: No, you can't go to somebody's house unless you text her call ahead of time.
Speaker 4: Did he or she need something?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: They came over to say that they hadn't seen us. They wanted to know how everything's doing and what's been new? You can't do that. Yes, you can't. Ken, you cannot wellness check in person. You got a wellness check like that? All right, let's talk about this.
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 1: And his wife was just found dead in a house in Los Angeles and because nobody checked on him.
Speaker 2: The dogs.
Speaker 1: You're talking about, come on, twenty five. I'm not dying if I here's the deal. They have no right to wellness check me. My family can wellness check me. They can't wellness check And the only wellness check that you can do is you can call up on the phone. And I'm going to tell you something right now. The biggest thing that you do as a neighbor to your neighbor is stay out of their business.
Speaker 2: My god, those are my favorite neighbors.
Speaker 1: Those are the best neighbors, the ones, the ones that just wave from afar like as they're passing it by. So and I'll tell you this no more. I'm sorry, no offense to the Jehovah's. I don't have anything wrong with you. Jehovah's cannot come to my door anymore. This is this is I don't know.
Speaker 4: I had somebody come to the door yesterday and I was in the middle of trying to pay a bill on the phone. So I like, look up and in my house, if you come to my front door, you can see me inside because it's my door is a big window. So this guy knocks on the door and I'm like, same thing. I'm not expecting anybody. I can see behind him. He has a van parked at the end of my sidewalk and it's for cheese steaks. He was selling cheese steaks out of his I've never seen anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a sign.
Speaker 4: I don't know the name of the business, but it just said cheese steaks. I'm like, I'm not going to the door. As I'm on the floor, I just walked into another room.
Speaker 2: Wait, he saw me. I just walked away. The dogs went not. You don't know.
Speaker 1: She said, those cheese steaks are man out of humans.
Speaker 4: And I am target because I did not answer my door smothered and was very clearly home.
Speaker 2: Smothered in whiz cheese. Hell yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's strange by the way that the door to door people like selling meats and stuff like that used to also happen years ago. People would randomly come to my house and they would be like trying to sell me meats out of their car, and I would buy from them. That's how crazy it is nowadays. You come to my door and you're selling me meats. I'm thinking that you're trying to kill me. Eight four four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six f four eight. What's up, Rachel?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: Well, when I was home from work one day, I had a knock on my door and I didn't know who it was, so I should and I could see him out the front bedroom window. He ended up kicking my door in and breaking in. When I'm see.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, people are not good people anymore.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't want anybody coming.
Speaker 6: He came in the.
Speaker 5: Living room and I ended up running out of the front bedroom in the living room screaming my head off at him, and he ran down road and on my front yard, still screaming at him, and the cops eventually did find him.
Speaker 2: This is what could happen.
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 2: But if you answer, maybe he wouldn't have broke in.
Speaker 3: Because you didn't answer, probably wouldn't have done it.
Speaker 1: I was actually thinking of not going to my door after seeing the neighbor on the ring cam, but then I realized when you go and look at your ring cam. It shows that you're looking at it. It's got a different color that flashes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. Yeah, she's here.
Speaker 4: She probably doesn't know that.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming it's a heat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm telling hey. Quick question for you, Rachel. When the guy got arrested for breaking in your door, did his van talk about cheese steaks?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: He was on foot.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was on foot, All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's the other one too, the guys, the people on foot that are selling you.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: What window sidings or whatever that it is, or they're trying to sell you magazines. Remember the day they used to sell you magazines for their for their school trip or whatever.
Speaker 2: No, you can't do that anymore. I got a gun.
Speaker 4: I caught me as I was walking outside to my car, too, so I couldn't hide.
Speaker 2: You have an active neighborhood. What's up, Shana or Sheila?
Speaker 3: Hi? Yeah? So I have a neighbor who came and knocked on my door like probably three days after the New Year's and he wanted to know if I meet.
Speaker 6: Specifically if I wanted to have a drink.
Speaker 3: With him on New Year's. Oh my god, my life, Oh my partner.
Speaker 2: Whoa, So did you tell him that?
Speaker 3: I told him. I told him I was precked.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, so Shane Shila. So he didn't know your day?
Speaker 6: No, he didn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't know.
Speaker 4: He didn't know.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember exactly what day it was, but it was like days after New Year's and he specifically asked if I can drink with.
Speaker 3: Him on New Years.
Speaker 2: He's trying to flirt with you. He had no clue.
Speaker 3: Man, as it is like at least sixty no.
Speaker 1: Way, oh wow for New Year? What's up, VICKI? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 6: How you guys doing?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 6: So when the doorbell rings? I work at my dining room table a lot of the times, bring my stuff out and come downstairs where there's a big open window and everything. So somebody rings my doorbell, they can see me through.
Speaker 3: Like the front window. I just don't move. I just sit right there.
Speaker 2: Really wait, you don't even do you see me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But you but you don't move your body, Like what are you trying to think?
Speaker 2: That there? That there's like a mannequin at the door, what's that at the table?
Speaker 6: Completely just completely for them?
Speaker 1: You're doing something It's funny because there are times where I'll sit there and I think they can see the reflection of me in the you know, the window that's right there, And I like keep thinking to myself, is if I don't move, maybe they think I'm sleeping, But you actually visually are sitting there on what your zoom call is and you're not still answering, Oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm just working and yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean the time I had headphones on because I'm usually listening to something. Yeah, I'm working, So they might think I'm on a call and just don't hear the doorbell. But I mean they can't they I can see them staying on my porch when I'm sitting in a dining room.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. They just kind of sit there. Thank you for the call. I appreciate it. What's up, David? How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing all right? How are you guys this morning?
Speaker 1: We're good, man, except for don't come to my house unless you call or text ahead of time.
Speaker 3: You know, see, I gotta tell me that's there, do you?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 3: Would be in a super anti social My roommate and I moved into the suburbs, like over the sun or and it's actually been a delightful time with our neighbors. I had I had a day a few months ago where some someone came to my door and I was like, oh god, this is going to be like someone's trying to sell me something. And I opened up one of my it's one of my neighbors, and like her kid saying, hey, we're just going around trying to like get a petition signed for getting more flending for the local schools. And it was delightful. And and and then comes Halloween. One of our neighbors dropped us a little like invitation to an autumn mixer that was in the neighborhood, and it was a great.
Speaker 2: What suburb are you? I'm an Insulina remind me never to move to and why are you recording us? You're recording us? David.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't say that.
Speaker 2: No, I think you hit the button on David. David.
Speaker 1: It is delightful. But now when I'm eating my red coat, I don't want anybody coming to bother me.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know, Oh my god, you're gonna like make friends again.
Speaker 2: Man, Actually, hold on a second.
Speaker 1: Tina's got an idea for me, David, what do you think I should put outside of my house.
Speaker 3: You can put.
Speaker 5: You could put a solicitation. No solicitation, David.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have a sign that says it's not delightful for you to come here right now.
Speaker 2: No soliciting.
Speaker 3: No, no makes friends. It should be people.
Speaker 2: I promise Dher that's true. It's more likely.
Speaker 3: O my god, yeah no it's not.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the call, David.