Speaker 1: On air at am five seventy LA Sports and I'm Demand on the iHeart Radio app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts not Money Smith.
Speaker 2: The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app. Dumbassmass You're I don't got to listen to this show the West Coast.
Speaker 2: It's proper Jeff Petros.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm that gay. So just it's a lot of people who are look at your hair way? Why why game life?
Speaker 2: Everybody knows dipter gay.
Speaker 1: Ipis thorny and youth is vain. You're right. Whenever I drive down Santa Monica Boulevard, I see hundreds of men twin dips.
Speaker 4: Gone with you five seven LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, PMS on demands available through the Petro Similiar Show podcast through that iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It is all free. Gaalpin Ford Broadcast Booth coming up seven to ten pm, First pitch Dodgers versus Texas Rangers. Dodgers on deck in less than an hour, and tonight it's the show Ao tany Greatest Game Bobblehead one of two commemorating his performance Hold Tony in Game four of the NLCS Homer three times, struck out ten and six shutout innings. We get to relive that here quite regularly on your home of the Dodgers too.
Speaker 1: You Dad, act like we don't sell Hundai's Come on for the final hour fun fast in effects. Yeah, we're three. Fun fun fact brought to you by Concordia University Irvines Masters in Coaching program. Sign up for the summer term, which starts May eighteenth. Go to CUI dot edu slash coaching and get your coach and administrativeness on.
Speaker 2: That's right, going your final hour fun fact. I think I don't know how this got passed down to all of us. If it was kind of like a don't eat pop rocks and drink soda sort of thing, but tapping the top of a soda can that got shaken up or you dropped or something like that, flick yeah to try to get it to not explode when you open it. That does not work. No, however, what does work is tapping on the side. Now have I put that into practice? No, but I read it and I want to believe it.
Speaker 1: I have a method just because of the days at the restaurant opening all those shastas, and you know, those shasta's got all shook up, all hot as hell, bouncing on a road on the way from Guatemala or wherever the hell they come from.
Speaker 2: Do you have PEPSI? Of course we do.
Speaker 1: Just open it real slow, real, so yeah, real, real, real.
Speaker 2: Gotta have good hearing for that. You do hear that. You got to be able to feel it. Yeah, that's a good call.
Speaker 1: I could feel it. And also very slow or the real like or the rhythm method with which cap yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Real slow. Twist it back next, twist it back of Austin powers trying to turn that thing around.
Speaker 1: And that's that's how you got to do it. All right, It's time for quick its. Everybody something gets quick hits.
Speaker 2: Come make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 1: Don't send me a text how shasta comes from Irwin Dale or something and not Guatemala.
Speaker 2: Leave me alone.
Speaker 1: Dodgers are nine and three. You there at home tonight just explained very very uh deftly, the show Hey Otani Greatest Game, Bobblehead Night, the game left center field.
Speaker 2: Did you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Show hey o Tony, the stuff of legend, god having Most people don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Stuff of legend.
Speaker 1: But towering wall Hi drive right field. He's done it again.
Speaker 5: Show held Tani to the top of the pavilion in right field.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't know this, but that ball killed a camera assist. Guy smoking a doobie, leaned up against an old.
Speaker 6: Dodge on a one to two terrain, strikes out, swinging, shits him down with a splitter back to that case to open the sixth and four in a row.
Speaker 2: Get it.
Speaker 1: He's up to ten. We've done this all day.
Speaker 2: Well, you know we only got one hour left the We're only gonna have one other opportunity on Otani's Greatest Game Bibblehead Night, because they're making two. One is a pitcher talk about the Lakers. I think the Lakers could win it.
Speaker 1: No, you don't, and there'll be a top story of the day all about that next.
Speaker 2: You're right about that.
Speaker 1: They're fifty one and twenty nine. They're holding onto the four spot in the oste. Two games left to play the Lakers with a winner of the Warriors. Last night, Lebron was Warrior's big lebroning out so hard with twenty six and eleven assists in the win. Here's JJ Reddick and his silly putty face post game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is the is the word I used in the locker room after the game with the guys. Got his leadership all day long, in the meeting, in the walk through this morning, just the way he carried himself. Just he he really set the tone for the team. The guys followed that. Obviously, the play was fantastic, the offensive efficiency and then the full complete game with the assists and the rebounds and the steels and blocks. Just a terrific game from him.
Speaker 2: Just wondering there, JJ, if Lebron, you know you don't have your two big stars in Austin Reeves and Luka Doncic, but of course the Warriors down as well. If if you had to, I don't know, pick one, who would you say is the best player on the Warriors right about now that you would put up against Lebron James in that contest last night. It be Brandon Pajemski, the ten day contract guy that stripped him of the ball, that guy ten gays in ten days contract guy, or maybe Andrew Wiggins I think was out there for a minute. I want to say Draymond Green had two points. You say some of those ten gays like to do ten gays and ten days.
Speaker 1: I'd like to do dis here's uh jj or Lebron. Oh, let's hear from him talking about how he has to step up with injuries to those two whites.
Speaker 7: I mean, we just had a cybritate in our mouth obviously for like the last week obviously with you know the news that we got with a R Luca and then us dropping three in a row and just.
Speaker 1: Straight row right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, It's just none of us wants to continue to lose and.
Speaker 1: Then we hurt for for you know, our two main guns.
Speaker 7: So you know, just mindset of just trying to figure out how we can you know, be great as a team, how we can figure out to play well, you know, in the road and try to get away something.
Speaker 2: He is good with the media, and I'm gonna yell at those fans if they say something stupid to me, I'm gonna yell at them, hey, sit up, so I'm gonna do yell at.
Speaker 1: Me when we're up twenty even though you are even the sexually charged little rabbit in Zootopia with the round ass does.
Speaker 2: Not have bigger rabbit ears than Lebron.
Speaker 1: Sit out, Relax, They're at home versus the Suns Tonight. Jazz On Sunday, Clippers are forty one and thirty nine in Portland at night for a crucial game Huge. The Blazers are going to try to blaze the Clippers like a big doobie. They have a one game lead over those Blazers and they host Golden State on Sunday in the season finale. With that one weird stiff neck guy that stripped Lebron and Braun.
Speaker 2: The ten Gays and ten Days guy doing dipth NonStop.
Speaker 1: Time to talk masters.
Speaker 2: Rory McElroy with a hell of a first two days out at Augusta. Scottie Scheffler a little bit of a step back today, John Ram hanging on by his fingernails to make the cut the three favorites. One of the more likable lads out there, Tommy Fleetwood, who got his first PGA Tour win just last year after about a decade on the tour is in the top five. I liked what he said about it too. They're like, you know, what was your inspiration?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 2: You know, in this golf world you can go your own way. And the man in the black hat pee Patrick Reid also.
Speaker 1: Oh, they gave me the worst show.
Speaker 2: Also, oh, go ahead, that's in the top five.
Speaker 1: You know, some golf purists men aren't happy with old Jason Kelce running around out there farting and grabbing his nuts and Pat McAfee out there doing their thing. There's a feeling that the Masters is supposedly above this kind of grab ass and puzzo sword fighting that they're doing out there. People didn't like that ESPN coverage and they won't like what Robert McIntyre did yesterday after a quadruple bogie on the par five on the fifteenth hole, he gave the middle finger to the green. He flecked off the grass, and the grass he doesn't take the I kind of ass well, it is exquisitely manicured.
Speaker 2: Every blade is perfectly in place. Do you think do you think the rose bolt grass is snooty? Do you think Jay Stu's snooty about the Dodgers grass? What do you think this is grass? Right? You can't flip off that ground. Flip off that grass, Your ass is grass. Back across the pond with you. McIntyre, get out of here.
Speaker 1: Limey pig, you toothless troglodyte, you druid weirdo.
Speaker 2: He's just trying to impress Pat McAfee. That's what he was doing here. This will probably mean this will probably make the MacAfee show if I do this.
Speaker 1: Sawed off. During his press conference today, in a stray to promote the NFL coming there to play the game this fall, Commissioner Roger Goodell laughed at a reporter who had a small Swiss Army knife attached to his belt and said, that's not annoying. He was asked about Kyle Shanahan's comments about having to go all the way across the world to play a game in week one, and Roger Goodell said coaches have to focus on winning. That's their number one job. Senny is enthusiastic. It is a great football coach and also somebody who truly understands the exportant of importance of expanding our game globally. But his job is to win. I always like to say that coaches like to play at one pm and four pm. I want winners and don't get in the way of that. But I get in the way all the time because I'm Roger Goodet.
Speaker 5: No, wait a second, doesn't he prove Kyle Shanahan's point right there when he's like, you know, coaches just want to know what one o'clock and fourth, Well, you're playing on a Wednesday in Australia, that's not necessarily Sunday. Figure it out, man, figure it out.
Speaker 2: We want these criminals to stide buying into all.
Speaker 1: Pro Yeah, you want these Australian ruffians to buy some of our to buy our barbaric product and listen to great NFL insiders like Pete Shred and Diana Roussini.
Speaker 2: I want Nick Bosa a fun out rue.
Speaker 1: I want these people to be locking hands and private results in Adelaide.
Speaker 2: You didn't see the group that we were with where No I did it in Sedona? Where what group everyone was in Scottsdale at what group? That picture was misleading?
Speaker 1: It's laughable. Replace the word laughable with plausible, undeniable. Four days after it opened. There Now over two thousand players have it entered the portal. Tim Kates cares so deeply about every single one of these kids. He was like yesterday he was like, could you believe it's twelve hundred and now it's two thousand in Kates.
Speaker 2: He's like, god, brun, Yeah, I can believe it.
Speaker 1: That's an average of five and a half players per team.
Speaker 2: Am I gonna get any minutes of this year?
Speaker 1: Coach?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: All right, call the portal.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ames. Call the portal. They said they need players, Matt. The Kings and Ducks, thanks for talking.
Speaker 2: Pot fighting for playoff spots. The Kings have caught fire. They have won three in a row. They are holding on to the final playoff spot in the West with four left. They need to win or tie each game to get points. That's what it says here. Yes, you cannot lose and get points. You must either tie or win or win an overtime to get points. And they need those points. Some people need that, explain to them, Matt. Not everybody's a puckhead. Like the Docs had a huge six to one win over the hapless Sharks last night. Three games left, need to finish strong opportunity to move up from the seventh spot in the playoff race.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot, Sam Bony. We'll be right back with the top story of the day next. This is Petrosen.
Speaker 2: Money Man Demand.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody, Petro send money on AM five seventy LA Sports Tonight you got Dodger Baseball Toddy Bobblehead Night Dodgers versus Rangers. And then we also have Clippers at Portland on AM eleven fifty for those of you interested in the Clipper garage, sighting games, getting down with the wire for the player. I think that it's a great idea to listen to both on the iHeartRadio app and also you can podcast our show on the iHeartRadio app. That's where the podcast is, or you can stream it live it love for listening, you can stream it lot. And thank you to Steve Hartman cheering the book for being in today. Appreciate that. All right, it is time for the Top story of the day, Top story of it.
Speaker 2: Well after last night the celebration the history making the Let's Leg Sports Center with a five seed, because we've never seen anything like it. I was thinking about this the Lakers ol nothing, because that has now become part of the off season, which is going to come a hell of a lot sooner than we thought for the Lakers narrative, Like Willie Wonka nothing, you get nothing, sir, They owe him nothing, not a thing. We've said it before on this show, we will say it again. Cleveland eleven seasons, two regular season MVPs, Rookie of the Year, five Finals appearances, the franchise's only championship ever, won twenty sixteen with a Finals MVP. He will be remembered ahead of anything else as a Cleveland Cavalier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, other than Jim Brown and his Koofi, it's Lebron James. Who's the King of Cleveland.
Speaker 2: He may be Jabron Lames here, but there he's Lebron James. He's got his own museum with his Draft day suit.
Speaker 1: I hate to correct and retract you.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 5: Corrections and.
Speaker 1: King James.
Speaker 2: Behind that his eleven years in Cleveland. He will be remembered for his four seasons in Miami.
Speaker 1: Oh. I remember when he would go get his haircut after eating some hot Cuban street food, walking around with all the little Cubanos following them around.
Speaker 2: Libron, Libron, Libron, it is. Can you stop and take it? Pacher with me? Arguably the greatest four year stretch by any player ever.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love the Heatles.
Speaker 2: Two regular season MVPs, four straight NBA Finals appearances, two championships and two finals MVPs. He is in the conversation as much as all those heat fans across the country might like to push back as the franchise's greatest player ever, a very very impactful franchise. I know there's the Roney Seychlely bunch out there, but Alonso Morning, Lonzo Morning, Eddie Jones, Tim Hardaway, a lot of a lot of the Koran Butler Lebron James is arguably even ahead of Dwayne Wade, their greatest player in the history of the franchise because of that four year run in Los Angeles. He is about to complete what we hope is his eighth and final season, but others are pushing for a ninth and even possibly a tenth. In those eight seasons, we have chronicled it, chronicled it here many times. It's a mouthful. Two missed playoff seasons, three first round exits. I believe this year will make it four. One trip to the Conference Finals, one trip to the finals, with a championship and a finals MVP in a short and seventy one game season and a Bubble playoff at Disney World.
Speaker 1: You know, I think about the wild horses, Matt the song I'm a Wood. No sweeping exits, no off stage lines, and that does not apply to lebron No. He always has a sweeping exit and then what throughout the playoffs, even though he's out, he always has off stage lines like Herry looking me over here? He is what I gotta say.
Speaker 2: Not to mention all of his proxies makers are doing the drawn thirty man. They didn't get him what he needed. They didn't give him what he needed.
Speaker 1: He finished second in v part of the conversation his ghost. He haunts the playoffs like a ghost Stephen after he's ousted your conversations.
Speaker 2: Finished second in MVP voting in twenty twenty, the year they won the Bubble Championship, and in his other seven years as a Laker, he was never in the top five, never a top five MVP vote getter in seven of his eight seasons in Los Angeles. Every single season he played in Cleveland. In Miami, he was advanced statistics here their top win share player, as in, the most valuable player on the team in Los Angeles. And you don't even need the stats to say that, right, Like everybody knows. Everybody knows, right, you can do that calculation in your head.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean, He's like he was their best prior.
Speaker 2: It's not even close. It's like, who would you possibly say was better than Lebron this any of those fifteen seasons in Cleveland or Miami. In LA, He's first team All PERP in LA. He was only the top win share player in three of his eight seasons, and three others it was Anthony Davis. This year it was Luka Doncic, and one year because he was hurt, it was freaking Montrez Harrold. That's how bad it went. One year that Lebron was here, he played just forty games, Harold played with a lot of effort. He did.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Some say, as they are pushing what I and listen, this is going to get louder, this conversation as the Lakers, even with their three last night over Golden State and the way that that thing was framed and celebrated, this is going to get louder when they get absolutely waxed in the first round of the playoffs that he rescued this team from irrelevance. Don't ever forget what they were before he agreed to come in twenty eight That my favorite, to which I would say, what if he didn't want to come?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I know Magic Johnson was the one that knocked on his door at nine oh one pm and that and sold him on the idea of being a Laker. It wasn't something that was orchestrated at all by Jabron Lames and his team of Clutch Sports and spring Hill Entertainment, whatever the hell else he foisted upon this franchise. But what if he didn't want to come? What if with all that money they convinced Kevin Durant to come to Los Angeles as he had wandering eyes after winning a finals for the second consecutive year in an MVP with Golden State and with his big rabbit ears, couldn't get past all the people saying that he just hopped on the Steph Curry train and coasted to a parent title. Kind of did yeah, We'll say you come on, don kde come to the Lakers. Maybe he could have knocked on his door at nine oh one pm and Magic Johnson could have put that Or what if they just sat on that cash and made a run at both Kawhi Leonard or Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving the following offseason. Why couldn't they have rescued the Lakers the idea of a thirty three year old Lebron flying in with his cape and Superman ass on his chest to save the Lakers. There are many other alternative paths that this franchise could have taken that could have found them. I don't know the same level of success. One title in eight years.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. And you know Tim was talking yesterday about how Mark Walter is going to modernize the Lakers and bring him up to snuff and beyond rest of the He's going to give him the Dodger treatment.
Speaker 6: I think they're going to.
Speaker 1: Probably hire a real personnel guy like the Andrew Friedman of basketball or I mean, things are going to change.
Speaker 2: Did you not know that Rob Polinka was on the Fab five? I did, and I'm that's a real basketball man. I don't know why he doesn't show up with them when they're on tour. Whenever Michigan does well, but I mean, I don't want to take up too much of the time. But all I'm saying is I think that Lebron could have ever come in and taken over and created such a fuss in Los Angeles. Like he has both positive and a lot of real negative, as is evidenced by our show. I don't think someone's got to cover the negative.
Speaker 1: I don't think if Mark Walter owned the team when Lebron showed up that that would have happened.
Speaker 2: I don't think he would have knocked on the door at nine oh one pm like logic John Now.
Speaker 1: I think Genie Buss's weakness as an owner and as a leader and empowered, unable to modernize the thing empowered what we're dealing with now.
Speaker 2: Which is not a fire. Carlos, Carlos has been here for thirty years. I don't care. I'm bringing my own people. Carlos goes. I mean, that's what showed up with Lebron, all of that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: This is DJ Super Cleveland knows, and he's coming to spinch c Hippy Records.
Speaker 2: Who's on the TV show No Get Rid of Them. Meet this lady. She's coming with me from Cleveland from Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Keeter needs a night off.
Speaker 2: The Lakers were forced. They were forced into the Anthony Davis trade the following year, three firsts, including the number four overall pick in the twenty nineteen draft. Lonzo Ball brandon ingram Heart was that the best deal for them would they have won more than one title and more than six total playoff series in these eight years, because they are not winning the first round this year. Had they instead traded for Jimmy Butler who was traded that same offseason, Paul George who was traded that same offseason, who knows. With the signing of James and the trade for ad and all of the injuries that came, it was incredibly disappointing for six of the eight years. Now, Anthony Davis did help get Luka Doncic, but we have posited our conspiracy theories there, and I don't think they were adamant that they had to go get Anthony Davis as opposed to maybe a phone call coming down saying let's move one of our most exciting players to one of our real in distress franchises and try to find some relevance here in the NBA. They owe him nothing. That's what I'm getting at.
Speaker 1: You get, you lose, and you think that it's getting down to being nut cutting time, and nut cutting time is coming a lot sooner than everybody think. We're getting this later than you think.
Speaker 2: We're getting ahead of it. Pee the petros In Money Show is getting ahead of what is to come over the next two weeks. The Broni to lebron Assist is so lame. It is so empty of any joy. It should be glorious, it should be beautiful, it should be wild. This is incredible. You've got a dad playing arguably the most athletically gifted sport in America.
Speaker 1: Instead it's icarus and dentalis. It's flying too close to the sun and dying a terrible death.
Speaker 2: There's no joy. There's no joy in watching. Think of like, what kind of an a hole do you have to be to not watch a son share a court with his father at the highest level? This guy, no, I believe it were if it were any other player and any other son that were drafted on the up and up by a team, you'd be like, hey, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I only got one example, and I know how I feel about it, so I would have to say this kind of a hole right here, the one that's pointing at himself.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 2: That's how toxic this guy is. That you cannot find joy in a who overcame a medical condition. You can't find If you can't find joy in that, what does it say about the person at the center of that highlight that you see it and you're like, oh, barf, like Canot, that's cool. Man, nineteen year old kid throwing and assist to his old man who's forty one, and he's throwing down a dog. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I used to like Lebron because he was fine. I loved him when he wasn't here, he was far away. And but once once the media puppetry stuff became so evident and so in your face, and everything's so predictable, and the brownny thing happens so predictably, it's and just the it's it's hard to swallow the way they continue.
Speaker 2: Obviously, we got to sell it.
Speaker 1: We can't let it go. No, even though we try, we can't let it go.
Speaker 2: It's great for us. Somebody's got to do it, You're right, someone in town has to do it. And you know, I gotta be honest. There's too many lebron Shills out there, like.
Speaker 1: You said, Matt, like the Snoop Doggle Doctor Dre Song. I could feel it, you know, when I see those two, I feel my anger, I feel my disdain.
Speaker 2: Cut it now, cut it now. Get your fifty five million dollars at cap Space. As Tim was talking about yesterday with Mark Walter, the new regime, new front office people, new revenue stream new revenue streams, Like a second row of court side seats. Hey, do you think the first row is something? What do you get a load of the second row? Okay, you're gonna want in on this.
Speaker 1: That second row might as well have been Christ the King in Rio de jan Eira. To Tim Kats yesterday, Matt, he was into that second row.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're gonna at a second row? Is it still court side? Pretty much?
Speaker 1: Really? Club accents?
Speaker 2: Hey, right there now, people are gonna be walking behind you. Okay, that's where the aisles gonna Look at the front row.
Speaker 1: You see Jack Nicholson, Yeah, look over his right shoulder.
Speaker 2: That's where you could be for the same amount of money. Cut it now, get your fifty five million dollars at cap Space. Build a round one of the league's greatest players and a true superstar in Luka Doncic Austin Reeves, one of the most likable players in the league and in the city of Los Angeles, and have a supporting cast that can get you in the conversation with the Thunder, with the Nuggets, with the Spurs. Go sign loud Dort for his defense. We would love loud Dort on this show. Walker Kessler. We would love Walker Kessler on this show.
Speaker 1: Wow. We I mean, anybody who's got two whiskey's in his name, it's a no brainer, right, that's our guy, just like my friend Bullet Makers. We uh, just like my other friend Beam Daniels.
Speaker 2: We are your home of the Dodgers, and we are pro Mark Walter on this station Wow and now taken over the Lakers. We would certainly love to be pro Laker to support our dear friend Markwalter.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it feels good.
Speaker 2: There's one way to do that.
Speaker 1: But you know, there was a guy that the car wash before you yesterday named Tim Katz with his shammy in his hand. He was Mark Walter up too about a simil very similar.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, kind of move a little into your left there, Mark then get up on your toes there, cut the cord, get him out of town so we can have a Los Angeles, an iconic Los Angeles franchise back that can potentially bring us some.
Speaker 1: Jaulter's not gonna let himself be manipulated by the freaking clutch Sports. No chance by that malignant clutch sports tumor, no chance in hell, man.
Speaker 2: Did you see that last night? A Sun giving on an assist to his dad on a breakaway dunk. One of the most beautiful moments we've had on an NBA court. It should be You're right, it should be, but instead it ignites a gag reflex. Yeah, because this is the guy behind it. It's not your it's not our fault that we're jaded and bitter people. Lebron, you did this. It's your fault, true, and we'll be back with more petros and money on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he did kind of like mister Big. You know, we're sitting there like r Kelly, all beat up, and he's going, I did this to you. Oh yeah I did, mister Big. We'll be back with your dead in the log guy Birthday to day Southern California's most listened to sports talk show. This is on demand frog Man Friday, mercifully coming to an end The Petrosen Money Show. You gotta listen to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. Tonight, we got Dodgers versus Texas and it's a show hal Tony Greatest Game Bobblehead. We've been discussing it throughout the day. The tea SIPs are gonna wear it. A lot of Dodger fans and the bobbleheads in the stands. It's number one of two to commemorate the Game four performance in the NLCS. Greatest performance in the history Baseball ever, ever, period of all time. Wow freak out, man, Wow man freaked out Now. Tim Kates will be on next with Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll be back on on Monday, but live from Dodger Stadium. Yes, Monday. I forgot. What do I think? I think?
Speaker 2: It's great, very special intimate engagement brought to you by Verizon. Exactly right. Our friends at Verizon help us out. We can go to the otherwise forbidden portions of Dodger Stadium. You are forbade as a media member from ever entering this room, and yet we will be granted access to have a sit down.
Speaker 1: The media is forbid from the media room. What do you think.
Speaker 2: Not allowed to come in here for this?
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm pretty sure everybody's we just don't go in there because we've got nothing to do in there, exactly right. But except for Monday, we got something to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our dear friend so close with the Petros and Money show.
Speaker 1: I was pretty sure. I was looking at my credential the other day and I was like, Hey, this is media room right here. I could go in there anytime I wanted. Then Matches said, I've forbidt it. Never Matt, you got the dead guy today, I do.
Speaker 2: One of the great journalists, one of the great nonfiction authors, would have been ninety two today. David Alberstan born in the Big Town, classmates and friends with Ralph Nader at Roosevelt High and Yonkers, Harvard Journalism editor of the Harvard Crimson threatened multiple times to be removed from his position.
Speaker 1: Andrea Zucker at the West Beverly High a blaze.
Speaker 2: I think she was a little more accomplished. Let's not denigrate Andrew Sucker and put her in the same category as David helperstan.
Speaker 1: You're right. Instead bought some real battles.
Speaker 2: She really did.
Speaker 1: I mean when shaw Hi showed up at West Beverley for that, Dann, what did she do? Silver Dance's ass off? And she actually she was against it at first it was Walsh.
Speaker 2: But see that's what you're pliable. I can learn tell well. Instead of landing at one of the big outlets, he started at the smallest daily newspaper in the state of Mississippi, West Point, mississippis the Daily Times Leader. His work there led him to the Tennessee and in Nashville, at the center of the civil rights movement. Assigned to cover it only journalists in the state willing to cover and report on the sit ins organized by the Nashville student movement that challenged and protested the legal segregation in place at the time, he said, I'm gonna report on this. The rest of the Tennessee newspaper, people like Waynome report on that this. David halberstand, we don't come down here.
Speaker 1: We don't want that.
Speaker 2: Greg Schiano, he uh, He did that, and that, of course got him bigger and bigger opportunities. He stirred the pot. He was dispatched as a trusted American voice in journalism by the American Embassy to Vietnam. Quickly learned he was not there a report whatever he saw and observed, but instead what he was.
Speaker 1: Told propaganda, war propaganda.
Speaker 2: Man first operation conducted by American forces against the VC while he was there was called an unequivocal victory. Halberstam said it was anything, but threw him into a room and they roughed him up a little bit, and they're like, what are you doing? Can't report that. He however, made quick friends with Lieutenant Colonel John Paul Van, the protagonist of one of the great nonfiction books ever written, A Bright Shining lie He was his primary source of everything that was going wrong with American policy and the military's approach to the war. Jfk knew Halberstam and tried to have him removed and replaced. The New York Times refused. He was a big guy. He cut an intimidating figure, and they said, either.
Speaker 1: Gale or just so big. And that's why he hasn't been high. It's just so big and strong, and he makes me feel so dainty.
Speaker 2: Halberstram was not intimidated. By the military and police officials that tried to rough up the journalists pushed back a little bit, and he was pretty much the best guy cover in the war over there. However, as he would refuse to report on the good news that all the other outlets were reporting was not good news, there was a revolt against Halberstam. Time magazine labeled him a typewriter strategist. Halberstam did not take those reports sitting down. CBS called him a defeated.
Speaker 1: I'm an a standard typewriter.
Speaker 2: To take you back, He pointed out that his most vociferous critics were flown in by the government in nom for a couple of days, conducted set up interviews at headquarters with officials, and transmitted whatever they were told. He was there for two years, sixty two to sixty four, and freaking Nam when he was twenty eight, twenty nine and thirty years old, slimming Pootho his book The Making of a Quagmire. When he got back was kind of hawkish, still supportive of the Americans' intention to defeat the Commis, but by seventy two his the best and the brightest, much less supportive of the efforts. His seventy nine book The Powers That b is considered one of the seminal works that covered everything that went wrong with the Nam War. He turned into a hell of a sports writer too. I read his book The Teammates about the nineteen forties Red Sox. That was a hell of a sports book, non fiction sports book about the teammates and going off to war and how that affected lineups, things like.
Speaker 1: That guy's dead, we need a new second base, right.
Speaker 2: He won the Pulitzer blown up over France for his reporting and and sadly died in a car crash in Menlo Park in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: Menlo Park, up north. Yeah, all right, well today, because it's a tawny boblehead night, Matt, it's a great opportunity to do Japanese news. No, you know what I am, this Japanese the.
Speaker 2: News monkey, every day banana monkey, never news.
Speaker 1: That is a Japanese Hey, thank you calling. Yoshio Kimura is fifty years old today. She is an accomplished Japanese actress and singer and voiceover person. Born in London actually, but a lot of work in hop On and she is a hop on ess. When she started doing Films. She won the Rookie of the Year prize at the Japanese Academy Award.
Speaker 2: I love that award, Rookie of.
Speaker 1: The Year prize. I wish we had it.
Speaker 2: Rookie.
Speaker 1: Why don't we have.
Speaker 2: Rookie of the Year start our own. They can have all those other awards. We can award the Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 1: Like the Hollywood Foreign Press.
Speaker 2: Just like that.
Speaker 1: We have about the same amount of credentials, you know. But anyway, that was for the movie Lost in Paradise. She works a lot and is married to a former Japanese idol singer now businessman guy named Nori Yuki. He got Shiyama and they have two kids.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a name.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She was on the show Masters of Horror. It was a showtime series and a lot of high end dub work like the Kung Fu Panda stuff and the Jurassic Park stuff, many others. And she has three albums. This is her singing. Hopefully we can turn it up a little and inspire some of our Japanese listeners. Waiting for that bobblehead.
Speaker 2: We're kind of like haities pop botter.
Speaker 1: Yes, because she's screamp. She's fifty now, oh, certainly not a Kesha. All right, Matt, are you ready for from titles there?
Speaker 2: I am all right.
Speaker 1: Killer Bride's Perfect Crime. My dad is a heel wrestler. I knew I should have given any crickets on the first one. The fangs of fiction, I just can't put it down. It suck its teeth into me. I'm obsessed to a real bite out of me.
Speaker 2: The Boy and the Heron, the boy and the heron, which I believe is a bird of Dad. If it's the boy and the bird, you're getting crickets, The boy in the heron, boy in the blue Jay crickets.
Speaker 1: And finally, Matt, for the cycle, can a cat be a hero?
Speaker 2: Damn it?
Speaker 1: Go fetch the ball. I need to take that ball home. That's for the cycle, everybody.
Speaker 2: Uh. That is the first in a long time. And I if we had the abs, I don't have it. That first one would that way.
Speaker 1: Hey, I get to I get to I get to put the they're not in chronological order, I get to put them in the order. I think it's got my best chances for the cycle.
Speaker 2: That's not cool.
Speaker 1: It is cool. And if I go four for five, you know, I'm still going I'm still going home with three chicks like Mickey Mantle.
Speaker 2: All right, tip kit coming up neck.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck pregame, and then Dodgers Baseball first pitch at seven to ten. Everybody knows that it's so Tommy Bobblehead night, and we'll be back at Dodger Stadium on Monday. We hope you have a great night. Nine Pink Path