Speaker 1: All right, Mojo in the Morning Show capsize it's not worth the money. What's not worth the money apparently Josiah's health. And I feel like, as a parent, sometimes you just make.
Speaker 2: Decisions on what you will pay for and what you won't pay for for your children. And yesterday was one of those days. I've mentioned that I lost my wallet, still haven't found it at this point, still having gone through all the necessary processes to acquire new debit card and all that kind of stuff that was in said wallet. One of the things that was in the wallet was my medical health card courtesy of my Heart Radio. Josiah stayed home yesterday because he was sick, and I told his mom.
Speaker 3: That I would go grab Joe.
Speaker 2: We would hit an urgent care figure out what's going on, because at this point he clearly needs an antibiotic. Like it's not just enough robotestin to go around or whatever the case may be. He needs something with a little bit more punch to it. So we go to an urgent care. I'm like, this is the situation. I don't have my ID, he does have insurance.
Speaker 3: What can we do?
Speaker 2: They start trying to figure out, pull up different things and actually text the group chat to see if all of our group numbers was able to be utilized in their system, if they can just find it that way.
Speaker 3: Lady couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: She was like, if he was here before, then we could use his information from his chart that he had last time.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, okay, this is a new one.
Speaker 2: But he had a physical had another urging here that I was about fifteen minutes away, and I was like, all right, bet, we'll just drive over here because they should have all my information. We drive over there, the lady pulls up the information. He's like, I see you, but I don't see his information here. So we wait for a long time. I call his mama. She couldn't find his stuff. We in in fifteen twenty minutes. She says, listen, there's nothing that we can do. I can't pull of his up his information, but you can't pay out a pocket and there'll be a little copeic. I was like, all right, bet, how much is it? She was like one hundred dollars. I was like, he ain't a hundred dollars sick. He ain't a hundred dollars sick. So we went to Target, got the adult rod but testing because he at the age of twelve where you can go twelve and older.
Speaker 3: They had a nice honey peck. We went back to the crew.
Speaker 4: You know, you can view your card on.
Speaker 2: I try, I'll put it in app. I don't had an app, so y'all got to school me on the app. Okay, but I tried to pull up work day through just like work day and put in my email, addressing and all of that.
Speaker 3: That didn't work. So at that point I was just like, whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not worked. I'll show you. So you have voice, Yeah, my choice.
Speaker 3: Or you could pay one hundred dollars for your sick cad. Alright, he ain't a hundred dollars sick.
Speaker 1: That's why I buy things for one hundred dollars every single day.
Speaker 3: And those aren't smart decisions either. Wait, but your child, what if he gets worse? Then at that point, I'll have my choice app and we can figure it out.
Speaker 4: Your card like right on there, you can save it to your wallet.
Speaker 2: He ain't a hundred dollars seat, he was fine, Let's do a gofund me for Josiah.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, you can fund it yourself.
Speaker 4: To be honest, there there have been times.
Speaker 5: This actually just happened to me with the dentist where they're trying to get me to replace a crown on a tooth that nothing's really happened to it yet. It's more like preventative so it doesn't crack or whatever. So I make the appointment. I go in for the appointment and they're like, okay, it's you know you're paying before. Your insurance is going to cover this much. But it's still eight hundred dollars. I was like, I literally was like, cancel the appointment.
Speaker 3: I watched my back out. I'm good.
Speaker 5: No, wait until it falls out of my damn mouth and you a crown doing it.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 5: I don't have eight hundred dollars, but I want to spend on a crown right now.
Speaker 1: You have just by the way, which this is from the same woman who probably buys eight hundred dollars worth of Amazon a week. This is the let me say something to you, if a crown cracks, it's the worst pain you'll ever go through in your life.
Speaker 3: It's nerve pain.
Speaker 5: I can walk to my Genos office. I will walk my butt right there and they can do it them.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, though, I first off, there is nothing that's too expensive for my kids except their parking tickets exactly. But they're health wise, I could never do it like I would not. I wouldn't do it for myself, but for him.
Speaker 2: If he was bent over vomiting fever at one hundred and five, we'd have a different story.
Speaker 3: This ain't that well, that's his illness.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's just I feel like he has what we've all had, and it's at the point where, like the medical professionals say that the cough and all of that will last four to six weeks, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's like this is gonna this is what it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: And there may not be medication for it because it's it's viral and they're not gonna be able.
Speaker 2: We got the adult Roe, but testing like Honey's see how he is two three.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is how much money in roadblocks do you buy for this kid just because you want to keep him from We could septether and not bother He bothers me with excuse me U, I don't have the hundred dollars here, but can you take it off of his robox roadbooks? What's going on? How you doing, Megan, Hi, good morning, good morning. What's happening.
Speaker 6: I've called you like three mornings in a row.
Speaker 1: Now, Megan, you are hold on a second. We have a we have something for you, Megan. Guess what we got for you?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: Absolutely nothing but just an applause, man.
Speaker 3: An applause.
Speaker 7: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love that for me. Well, we don't have we need to have, like you know how you go to stores and you have funch cards exactly like I always love when I give my free drink every now and again. You know, Uh, Megan, What's what's going on?
Speaker 3: What were you calling for?
Speaker 6: So I'm commenting on keV okay because I get the whole Like, he's not one hundred dollars sick because I took my son to the like emergency urgent care and it's like an urgent care, but like an emergency room, and he didn't get any type of IVS, he didn't get any medication, he hardly seen a doctor, and he basically just breathed like their air. And I owe them three hundred.
Speaker 3: And we're not doing that.
Speaker 6: He's doing absolutely not.
Speaker 5: I'm a firm believer in urgent cares are a waste of time and money.
Speaker 4: Really, absolutely, if it's that bad.
Speaker 5: Go to the hospital and if not, do a video visit on demand in your house. It'll take you five minutes and get a prescription that way.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: I always felt like when I went to an urging care, especially if it was like a you know, a wound or a break or something, they can never do anything.
Speaker 4: They just basically do a video visit.
Speaker 3: What's on Princess?
Speaker 8: Hello, good morning, Good morning. But I was just calling to comment on keV.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 8: Most places really should be able to pull your insurance information with the social I used to work at a pharmacy. We pulled information with less and then also too you could have just tat it and your insurance would have reimbursed you.
Speaker 3: Oh you brought that up and I was trying to go through.
Speaker 4: She just wanted a hundred bucks real quick.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: She seemed to be a very nice woman, but I didn't feel like going through wall to reimburse and all that type of crow and they didn't.
Speaker 1: What I do I take because I'm always fearful of which By the way, I cannot believe you've had your wallet missing for this long and you're not panicking, because I would have been panicking if it was five seconds. I take pictures of my driver's license, my insurance cards, all that stuff, and keep it in my phone and put it in a file. That's an important file because there are so many times I think that if I fly somewhere, I'm never going to have the ability to get back on a plank, so I'll lose my driver's license, so I at least have it, you know, they're just in case. But also then the other thing is that the insurance card is always one of the ones that you miss. But if they have your insurance, they should be able to pull his insurance up because it's.
Speaker 3: The same insurance. You would think you got the same number problems. What's up Jay?
Speaker 9: Hey Yo?
Speaker 7: What a what a mojo?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 7: Okav Man, listen bro. My wife just sent me to the urgent care a few days ago on the same I'm like, yo, this kid sneeze is like three times I'm up in the urgent care sitting there paying up one hundred dollars and then they got me there for three hours just for them to look at him and be like, oh, he seems fine.
Speaker 8: He seems okay, hein' gonna tell.
Speaker 3: You what you already know.
Speaker 1: You know what, I would exactly, you know, I'd give Kevin less crap if it was.
Speaker 3: The story was he walked into the urgent care.
Speaker 1: There were about twenty eight people in there, and he realized I ain't waiting this long and left more than one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: He wasn't worth all about both urgent cares. There was no wait oh, we were the only people in there because I've done that.
Speaker 1: I've done that before, I've done the whole you know what, you're not arms not falling off, We're going like, I don't want to sit there and wait.
Speaker 2: But the money thing is he okay, bro dollars. What were they gonna do that the Robin Tessa couldn't do? Are they really going to serve his needs? Do something that's going to magically make him feel better?
Speaker 3: In a day field?
Speaker 1: His mom field about she went really tripping. He has school today. What's up, Brandon? What's going on?
Speaker 10: So my daughter actually just got put on growth hormone shots. We've been doing this for the past year where we've been trying to get her approved, and after yesterday, I called to get her first script filled. And at this four thousand dollars a month? Were you for two months? It's fourteen hundred dollars a month? And that's ruin shart?
Speaker 3: Wow? What is the growth hormone shots for? What does that do?
Speaker 10: So she's got the bone structure of a six year old and she's nine out this year at this point, so it's basically to help her grow, just so she's not always in the bottom one percentile.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow?
Speaker 1: And and you and he listened to this dad, He loves his kid. He pays four thousand dollars a month. You wouldn't pay one hundred dollars. This is the kind of guy you should start to go fund me for. Are you willing to support the listener whose daughter needs it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Will you also? Too? Absolutely? All right? Will you give the one hundred dollars? Will you?
Speaker 1: I will give one hundred dollars. If you give one hundred dollars, you're not giving him one hundred dollars. And I know you won't even give your kid one hundred dollars. Brandon, I'm sorry that you deal with that. That's that sucks. Why not just let her be the shortest kid in class.
Speaker 10: That's what me and my wife have been discussing. It's even worth continuing. I mean, I mean, look at me.
Speaker 1: You can actually amount you can amount the things being the shortest in class.
Speaker 3: Right dude?
Speaker 4: But knows a weird AI look at just look at Shannon.
Speaker 3: Shannon, you are thousand dollars. Were you one of the shortest kids in class?
Speaker 1: And look at you? You were one of the smartest kids in class? Or if not to smart as she was the valet? No, but I'm saying, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, I.
Speaker 4: Honestly, since I think about Shanny, would.
Speaker 2: You prefer to be the shortest kid in the class like yourself? Or the biggest kid in class like Mojo? Go the shortest? See, I'm telling you there's all that.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: And if my parents, I guarantee you, If my parents would you know, have been given the option of four thousand dollars to make me less big. My dad would have said, no, I spend that in his food every single month. Why would I spend that money?
Speaker 3: All? Right?
Speaker 1: Hold on, Mara says she could have helped you out with this. What's up, Mayra? Where the hell were you yesterday?
Speaker 9: No, I'm a billing specialist, and I worked in several different places.
Speaker 3: By law, they were.
Speaker 9: Not supposed to tell Kevin that he could pay one hundred dollars copay if they didn't even know or could verify it was.
Speaker 3: One hundred dollars out of pocket. They said, I think yeah.
Speaker 9: But if they could and verify the insurance, I think they confined that because when you go to urgent care, they do not go and pull your insurance up right away. Most of the time. What they do is they let you get your visits to process whatever code that they have, and then they bill you for that, and then they look up your assurance. They can do it by birthday, social Security number, and there are several porters that can go on that put up multiple insurances.
Speaker 3: What you're doing, she said, she has never fall for the trick.
Speaker 9: I met all y'all before I came to the party for a time long time. By law, that's the thing that the medical field can do, but they're not supposed to.
Speaker 1: All right, take care of yourself. Tiffany works at an urgent care and says, what about Kevin, wev you did.
Speaker 9: The right thing. They did the same thing.
Speaker 6: Probably would have gave them some Colin all or something and told them to go home. Literally had a fever of one hundred and two, gave them Colin off to fine.
Speaker 8: Everybody's like, oh, take them to the emergency for what.
Speaker 6: I have three kids, come on and then honestly, urgent care.
Speaker 8: Most people come in there for a doctor.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just being honest.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's why I
Speaker 2: Actually spending one hundred dollars in Roebucks would have probably made him feel better than whatever medicine they would have gave him.