Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeartRadio app. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: You are one of the cod hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts, that money Smith.
Speaker 1: The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: I Do crack.
Speaker 5: He'se you under pressure.
Speaker 1: Every damn night on the telephone.
Speaker 5: The secret text does a fine the much.
Speaker 3: You see the march, it couldn't be anything else, shall we?
Speaker 5: Why you are right?
Speaker 6: Are the retirement rumors true?
Speaker 7: What's next?
Speaker 6: How the hell is that in there? Are the retirement rumors true?
Speaker 7: What's next?
Speaker 5: Media can't find you there, Lebron, that'd come back if.
Speaker 7: I want to keep it all the way real to the job that coach Ham and Rob did with the accusations that we got coming in that kind of inspired me too. Yeah, you know, I feel like, you know, we have a really good, really good team. They did a great job in the summer Media.
Speaker 6: Gaudy man, you can't find you out.
Speaker 3: We are an impossibility in an impossible universe.
Speaker 4: Along with you.
Speaker 6: E Spectro saying money in five to seventy l A Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeart Radio app. First pitch coming up just after seven seven ten p m. And shean the Mountain Tonight Dodgers one and zero to eate two victory over the Dimmondbacks last night. Dodgers on deck coming up at the end of this hour. Top of the next hour, six o'clock, Tim Kates in company will carry you to the second contest of the as of now Perfect twenty twenty six campaign, and.
Speaker 3: We'll have Dodger Baseball all weekend long as the season has started and it is relentless on AM five seventy LA Sports. Actually they have Sunday off, but we'll be back on Monday. Don't forget. Petro said money from three to six on Monday, as the Dodgers have a game. So we're looking forward to that. But right now brought to you by Concordia University Irvines Masters in Coaching not just a podcast by Tim Kates, but the program for administrators and coaches. You could sign up with the spring session at CUI dot Edu slash coaching. If you were Ryan Clark and you were a coach, they would call you coach broach.
Speaker 4: It's fun and effect. It's the yeah We're three.
Speaker 5: Fun fact.
Speaker 6: Well I put a pin in this one from yesterday because of the short show and us moving around from.
Speaker 4: The field to the suite.
Speaker 6: So a Dodger themed fun fact for Opening Day and now for Ring Day today. As a matter of fact.
Speaker 3: Some people Steve Hartman said Ring Knights better than Ring Day. It's better, I mean Ring Knights better than Opening Day. Perhaps he's right. I guess we'll see the celebration and the ceremony tonight. Whether or not a canrival a low rider with two Commissioner's trophies, a flyover, Magic Johnson and everything that was out there yesterday, we'll find out. But in nineteen fifty seven, part of the move to the West Coast by the then Brooklyn Dodgers, the Dodgers and Cubs traded entire teams. The Cubs took control of the Fort Worthcats of the Texas League, one of the Brooklyn Dodgers minor league affiliates, and the Dodgers assumed the Pacific League's Los Angeles Angels and Wrigley Field in Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: Yes, a lot of people don't remember that, but it was there.
Speaker 6: And the exchange in nineteen fifty seven not only saw the Dodgers acquire by taking on the La Angels future Hall of Fame manager Sparky Anderson, but a pitcher on that nineteen fifty seven Los Angeles Angels team, Tommy.
Speaker 3: Lesorda a deal that will go down in history. Crickets PMS, quick hits. I'll make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 5: More trouble for Tiger Woods.
Speaker 3: He was involved in a rollover crash in Jupiter Island, Florida day. The crash occurred just after two pm and it happened in the same town where Woods lives. No injuries reported. He's been arrested for a DUI.
Speaker 8: They did do some in depth outside test and when it was a termine, he was placed under under rest and taken to the Martin County Jail. At the Martin County Jail and even on scene, we really weren't suspicious of alcohol being involved in this case, and that proved to be true at the jail. So mister Woods did a breathalyzer test blew triple zeros. But when it came time for us to ask for a year analysis test, he refused, And so he's been charged with d UI, with property damage and refusal to submit to a lawful test. In the crash, no one was injured. Mister Woods and not seen to be injured at all, and the other gentlemen were not injured. But this is again, this happened a few hours ago. So I've given you the information that I have right here, right now.
Speaker 6: Well, my initial inclination was to suggest the crash occurred because he was reaching out.
Speaker 5: You weren't the only one man.
Speaker 4: For a bottle of pills.
Speaker 5: There was a lot of.
Speaker 3: A lot of people asked, even before the report of the d u I came out. But there's a lot of people. But Matt, you know what I mean, I don't what I don't like, you know, and we had this problem earlier. You know, you're trying to say that you're the one that thought of him reaching for the pill.
Speaker 5: Here it is right here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's there's so much speculation about what happened. My my speculation is, you know, he still is not fully recovered from his back surgery.
Speaker 5: He hasn't played much golf at all.
Speaker 3: But let me just say this in anticipation once more. I am waiting with baby, and you wait until until you.
Speaker 5: I don't know, you know, I'm not there the baking. Possibly he was.
Speaker 9: He had a spasms, back spasms, maybe reaching for a painkiller, and of cause, you know, you know, a deflection of his claim already and his concentration. It only took a moment, it does, especially such a dangerous road to go off the road.
Speaker 4: He might have just been.
Speaker 9: Reaching for a painkiller or reaching for some relief.
Speaker 4: God, I love it.
Speaker 6: Reaching for a painkiller, reaching for relief. That, by the way, is a great way to describe the unfortunate addiction of popping pills.
Speaker 5: What are you doing reaching for relief?
Speaker 6: I'm reaching for relief.
Speaker 5: I've had a deflection of my clarity.
Speaker 6: Got it's so good.
Speaker 4: The dots dow.
Speaker 6: He's not good though, you know, no situation and everyone was celebrating the hell out of time.
Speaker 5: How about you. Yeah, he was trying to get back into the how.
Speaker 6: Much gonna come back for the thing?
Speaker 3: He's rich enough to where somebody could just take the keys at this point, Yeah, take the key. That maybe control issues. You know, he's got to be behind the wheel instead of having a driver. But you would assume if you're worth a billion dollars, maybe you.
Speaker 5: Just just call ubers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you don't, I mean just stop, you gotta stop, got to stop driving around. Jason Heyward has announced it's retirement after sixteen seasons that he's spent with the Braves, the Cardinals, the Cubs, and who could forget him as an inspirational Dawyer and that speech he made with the Cubs or the World Series and changed everything.
Speaker 6: Well, not to mention, you know, this was Freddy's best friend. You know, the two of them came up together in that Braves organization. They shared their struggles, their triumphs, their tribulations, really emotional support for each other. So I'm sure an emotional day to day for Freddie recognizing, you know, that the end has arrived for his bff Hayward, and perhaps reflecting in that moment Pee to think about the end perhaps coming for him sometime.
Speaker 3: So that might have been why he dressed like Kim Jong un yesterday coming into Dodger Stadium, very communist military outfit, a little bit of mad scientists in there as well. Love the outfit. Freddie Nice Nice hire on the stylist weir ah.
Speaker 6: Don't you Hirelana Svetlana.
Speaker 3: Bitch shired Natasha from Boris and Natasha. The Lakers are forty seven and twenty six. They're the three seed in the West. They are awesome. Everybody loves the Lakers. We talked to Don mcclanner in the first hour. With nine games remaining in the regular season. They host the Brooklyn Nets, the sad and hapless Brooklyn Nets today. And just when you thought the Clippers were never gonna sniff five hundred or over five hundred again, Matt, they're sniffing it so hard they're snorting up cocaine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're the eighth seed. They were just the ten less than a week ago. Now all the way up in the en that is how tightly packed it is in the playing tournament. They are in Indie right now taking on the worst team in the NBA, Indiana Pacers. You can listen to that game in our sister station AM eleven fifty, which is where they will be regulated for the majority of the remainder.
Speaker 5: Relive.
Speaker 3: I believe you've been relegated Matt There has been some regulations, but it's all so relegation.
Speaker 6: The NBA has also presented three we talked about this about a month ago proposals to the league in their anti tanking efforts. The first proposal eighteen team lottery, not just the teams that missed the playoffs altogether, but also the playing team. Second proposal a twenty two team lottery that would include the teams that lose in the first round, and the third would also be eighteen teams, but they would have the five worst records, all with even odds, and a separate lottery for the top five picks. They're talking about combining the previous two seasons instead of just one season and having a floor on the minimum number of wins you could have. Point being, there's three separate proposals, one of them is likely going to be approved after the embarrassment that was the NBA this season with the teams at the bottom of the standings like the aforementioned sick.
Speaker 5: It's sick.
Speaker 4: It is makes what you're doing.
Speaker 5: It's worse than OJ.
Speaker 6: In Washington and Brooklyn and Indiana. I think the Bulls just shut down the remainder of their starters with like ten games left. It is sick and it's worse than oj considerably.
Speaker 5: Four games in the old Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 3: Today, Duke and the Johnnies are at the half right now, Michigan and Alabama underway in the Midwest Region. Coming up later, Yukon versus Michigan State in an angry coach battle, Iowa State versus Tennessee. If Michigan stated Michigan make it, the Big Ten would have five of the Elite eight teams still playing. Purdue, Iowa and Illinois already won yesterday. And we all know that Matt and Tim Kates worked a Big Ten tournament and they take some credit in this.
Speaker 6: It's first time there was any credit to be taken after about fifteen years of calling Big Ten Tournament games routinely.
Speaker 3: That is the This is your moment, Matt. You know, after years, after decades of supporting Indiana Hoosiers football, look at what happened for those that happened right, and here you guys are at the top of the heap.
Speaker 6: Finally, I mean, come on, Iowa, Purdue, Michigan State.
Speaker 3: A show forever reaching for the pills responsibly, Petros and money will return with the top Story of the Day.
Speaker 2: Next, this is Petrosend Money to Man.
Speaker 3: Welcome back everybody, Petro Send Money on a frog Man Friday. If you're like us and Cougar Norris Man, you look forward to the weekends, there's gonna be a great time.
Speaker 4: Takes up their time.
Speaker 3: Man, Hey Turkey, you want to go swimming. It's been a great day and we hope that you continue to listen to the Petro Send Money Show, even on the app, the iHeartRadio app for the podcast, or to Street t Live. The big thank you to Don McClain, David Vasse and our producer Tim Kaits for putting together such a bang up week of great sports talk. And right now it's time for the top story of the day.
Speaker 5: Top Story of it day.
Speaker 6: Well, let's grab your pills, get a comfortable seat, and let's take a trip down memory lane. Less than twenty four hours ago. Congratulations to the only team in the National League West with a victory.
Speaker 3: Everybody else lost. Huh what about Puto Bayball? I mean, what flow? What about the flo.
Speaker 6: As we know were the official opener to the season and they got housed by the Yankees. Humiliated by the Yankees. On Wednesday, had the day off yesterday, so zero and one.
Speaker 5: What happened to the Diamondbacks? Did they win?
Speaker 6: The Padres got Trek scoopled, and the Rockies were part of the group that didn't even get to start the season yesterday Major League Baseball. I did to take a look at the Rockies, the Marlins and the A's and say, just give us one more day before we got to start watching that. Uh, they suck so bad. They wanted nothing to do with any of those teams. So the Dodgers currently the only team with a victory in the NL West.
Speaker 4: We had bunting.
Speaker 6: We had a flyover, we had a Magic Johnson first pitch, we had an stadium sign.
Speaker 3: I didn't see any bunting. I mean, I hate to be a curmudgeon, but I looked up and I you know, they don't. They kind of digitally bunt, you know. But it's not the same as the Draperies.
Speaker 6: I mean, but you know, well, we had bunting in our suite. You know, Dave Wee broke out the bunting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, I'm glad the sales guys got the but we got bunt.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, corrections and retractions.
Speaker 4: Bunting in our suite show.
Speaker 6: Hey o'tani passed out four thousand dollars Aco watches in an effort to spur his team.
Speaker 5: Didn't get one of those.
Speaker 6: No, but I do believe Friedman said he will.
Speaker 3: That was an oversight and then we will called afterwards, said Tim Kats's wrist will remain bare. Don't you ever ask anything of that two lane graduate hour.
Speaker 4: We had a low rider.
Speaker 6: We had players sitting in the back seat like it was parade day with commissioner trophies. Today the celebration will continue with championship rings that will be so gaudy you couldn't possibly wear one out in public.
Speaker 4: Uh, Brad.
Speaker 6: On your knuncles, Yes, do you happen to have a bagel? You would like warm? Brad Paisley will sing the national anthem. All of that is great for baseball, you would think, certainly not bad for baseball. Indeed, Cania afternoon evening and they delivered our man. David Vasse made the proclamation could not have been more on point. When talking about Timmy Trumpet and Edwin Diaz, he.
Speaker 4: Said, what not?
Speaker 5: Can I hear it tonight?
Speaker 6: Suggesting Diaz would have no business begin in that game, and in fact, they did put an eighth spot on Gallony.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my son.
Speaker 3: My son asked me if Timmy Trumpet was going to come out tonight, and I said, well, it's one run, I got three innings left and then and it was over. And then we then, yeah, you queued it up on your Spotify, we did that Trumpet. I said, maybe tomorrow we parted.
Speaker 6: Alex play Narcos, Timmy trumping. Uh, last year high leverage reliever, right, that's what Edwin Diaz is. Last year things got so bad and it is wild to look back and think of it in this context, through this lens. The back end of the bullpen was so bad. They used a rookie who was not a good starter, who could not stay healthy, who missed a massive chunk of the season, including time right up until the start of the playoffs, to be their closer. That is how bad it was. Let's take the guy that wasn't great as a starter, who hasn't pitched in about.
Speaker 3: Well, they have no left seas and then they're the Dodgers are all lefties. And even though I'm dyslexic, even I understand that that's a bad matchup.
Speaker 5: That's why. That's why Vassay said.
Speaker 6: The I was talking about Rokie as their closer last year versus this year with Edwin Diez.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they the Dodgers are a lot better shape with the closer to not have a guy that looks like he's gonna cry.
Speaker 6: Right Like, that's what they went with last year in the postseason. What are we gonna go with?
Speaker 4: That guy? That guy? That guy?
Speaker 6: Okay, and it worked this time around. Though they bring in the top player on the market, they allow everyone else to settle into whatever place they earn.
Speaker 4: And what does it do?
Speaker 6: We saw it last night, get a bunch of offense going spring baseball, be damned. Blake Trining was a nightmare in Arizona. Tanner Scott was worse, but regular season both fantastic. Blake trying fifteen pitches, did give up that single to center and didn't need an absolutely spectacular, sell everything out diving catch by Paez to start the inning to help him out a little bit. But after that he's throwing ninety seven on a bunch of pitches. He gets out of an inning allowing nothing. Eighth inning, Our dear friend will Klein World Series hero happy to see him celebrated with an entrance from the bullpen, standing oh by the crowd for the effort last year. In the eighteen inning contest, freaking guy comes in and throws nine pitches nine times. Eight of those were strikes. Nine pitches eight strikes, including a strikeout, a four pitch strikeout followed by two weak ass grounders coming right back to him. I'm not saying that there's a carryover for Will Klein after his World Series heroics, not saying the Diamondbacks are a top offense, but you can only pitch to the guys that step into the batter's box. And he was able to dominate those three. And it did end with Marte, who gave Yamamoto some fits, starting with that first inning at Bath that went ten pitches. And if nine pitches wasn't impressive enough, how about our other dear friend, Tanner.
Speaker 4: Scott and his beautiful beard. Wow, coming in.
Speaker 5: You, I mean, you are a shameless person.
Speaker 6: And getting Corby and Carrol Perdomo and moreno to pop up, ground out, pop up eight pitches. He's like, oh yeah, we'll climb none. Watch this eight Let's get the hell out of here. We talked about starters perhaps being the one issue that the Dodgers will have to overcome here early, but they do have Yamamoto, Sho Heo, Tani, Tyler Glass. Now tonight, it'll be m and Sheehan. At some point, Blake Snell's coming back, and then he'll probably disappear for a couple months, and then he'll come back, and then he'll disappear, and then he'll come back, and someone's gonna crow like a rooster about his start in the playoffs. But we're wringing our hands over a six starter or a flex starter.
Speaker 5: I mean outside we are ringing our hands.
Speaker 4: Well many are You're the.
Speaker 5: One wringing his hands like Pookakua with those two guys.
Speaker 6: Oh, how dare you outside of the Phillies with Zach Wheeler.
Speaker 3: Let's do a miserly imitation that's out celebration.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll do it.
Speaker 6: You guys should come to the facility. It's a short week. You guys should come to practice.
Speaker 3: Okay, Pooka, I really felt good about last night, man. That was a glorious Yeah, it really was for me.
Speaker 6: How does the bullpen line up to get the DZ and last night it was a hell of a great start. You still have Vessia, you still have Jack Dryer, you still have Edwin Diaz, Robleski, all those dudes. But it was a lot of fun, including the offense. Every single batter got on base. Freddie the only guy without a hit. They only struck out four times, nobody more than once. And if you wanted to pick one guy to have a big game, even though it's the first game of the twenty twenty six campaign, to get the monkey off his back, why not the dude that was four for fifty one in the playoffs. And you want to talk about a commercial for the benefits of gambling. As I was watching the NBC broadcast, when Andy pie has dug that back foot into the batter's box, they flashed the anytime homer from fan duel, anytime home run Andy Pye's plus eight fifty and then bang three run dog, and all anybody at home could think was, Man, if I had put one hundred thousand dollars and Andy Pyte, everything would have changed. You know, I'd have eight and a half million bucks right now if I just if I had just been able to do that, What.
Speaker 3: A great commercial for gambling in the state of California. Matt, You've always been a great proponent.
Speaker 6: Where we can't gamble, but bet online allows you to. Somehow they found a loophole. But man, I'm sure everybody was thinking the same thing I was. If I only put a million dollars on that, I'd have eighty five million.
Speaker 4: Dollars right now. Something like that.
Speaker 6: Will Smith captain America, the other Dogger eight runs. It didn't have to be Otani Betts, Freddie Freeman. Tonight they get this guy Ryan, not Ryan r y Any. Ryan Nelson did pitch to the Dodgers twice last year, got knocked around a little bit. Pie has got him for a homer. So I would imagine we're going to see something similar as to what we saw last night. Other big news though, the abs automatic ball strikes. Thirty total challenges yesterday p We had one in the opener between the Yankees and Giants. So through the games yesterday, thirty one total challenges taps of the cap nineteen correct. That is a sixty one percent clip. Pretty good. The best challenge Roman Anthony of the Red Sox in a one to nothing game top of the ninth against the Reds on a three to two count called strike three, challenged ball four and one nothing turns into three nothing after Duran was the next batter knocked a couple guys in the worst challenge Phillies reliever Zach Pop from the mound. Horrible idea. That's why we asked Dave Roberts about it yesterday or Gomer yesterday about it. I would assume most teams are telling their pitchers you don't get the challenge. Pop called the challenge. The catcher was like, why are we doing this? Quickly it was shown to be an inch off the plate. Lost that one, and we did have an expert of expert on challenges, White Sox catcher Edgar Caro four challenges, got three of them right. In the Dodger game, we saw Corbyn Carroll challenge in the first inning, got a strike turn into a ball.
Speaker 4: Quite impressive.
Speaker 6: How fast it is, how quickly it moves, does not slow the game down at all. It gives us a pretty cool graphic on the jumbo tron if you're in the stadium or on the TV if you're at home. So again, now that we've seen it put into practice in the regular season and they don't try to attach some sort of a commercial read to it or slow the game down to take an opportunity to cash a check because of it.
Speaker 4: Yet yet, kudos to.
Speaker 6: You Baseball and again NFL with your Microsoft Surface campaign. And what an asinine move it is to have a referee go look at a twelve inch screen instead of somebody in the middle of a command center in New York looking into seventy inch screen. Take the queue from Baseball and do what they do for the abs.
Speaker 3: Whatever happened to that guy that used to call the Charger games, Well, he had a nervous breakdown over the Microsoft table.
Speaker 5: The surface freak down the surface. That is the top story of the day.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with your Dead and the live guy Birthday of the day, and then we'll get to the Dodger game where some guy named Ryan is pitching and that he has no chance as Matt says, no.
Speaker 1: Chance, Southern California's most listened to sports talk show. This is Petrone on Demand, Petro send Money saying goodnight. The Dodgers season is underway and that means Tim Kits coming up.
Speaker 5: Dodgers versus d Backs. Dodgers on deck at six pm. First pitch is at seven ten.
Speaker 3: We are your home, back to back World Series champion Dodgers Baseball. And you better know also you can podcast our show throughout the week. We had a great week featuring Dave Roberts, Mick Cronin, Mark Goubaza, so on and so forth.
Speaker 4: Gomer it's all there. We didn't do that, but that wasn't us.
Speaker 5: Nope, damn it.
Speaker 3: We did other stuff as you can find on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. You can stream it live or you can podcast it later. And don't forget Tim Kaits coming up next with his dear Friend Special Friendship with Colin Yee and they will be on at six o'clock. But right now it's time for the Dead Guy Birthday of the Day. Prussian News Prussia?
Speaker 4: Do we have that? Do we have that? Kingdom of Prussia?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I guess we could play the Soviet News. It would probably work.
Speaker 6: You know, they never say X rays positive, X rays negative. That's what we always hear when the player heads to the locker room. If it's broken, they say nothing, So we celebrate the X ray Happy. Would have been one hundred and eighty first to William Renchin or William Renkin. Maybe we could do Weimar Republican news. He earned the first ever Nobel Prize in physics, first ever discovering electromagnetic radiation in a wavelength range known as X rays when he was kid. Right after his birth, the family moved to the Netherlands. That made him stateless. Prussia didn't claim him. Netherlands did not claim him either. He was a top student in high school, but he was framed for the crime of drawing a caricature of one of the teachers, done by a classmate.
Speaker 4: He was expelled.
Speaker 3: About the shape and size of any bared student.
Speaker 6: This is I guess it was just kind of wild. In the eighteen hundreds, huh. He ended up getting kicked out of high school and that many he couldn't go to university.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Matt. They invented the gatling gun in the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 5: You tell me.
Speaker 4: What once see you pull this into a meat grinder.
Speaker 6: So we had to move to Switzerland pass an entrance exam so he could get into college the Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich. Quickly jumped to the top of his class PhD at just twenty years old in eighteen sixty five, was hired as a lecturer at the University of Strassburg. Rose to the professor of physics shared the department, and then German says, Germany says, we want you back.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: We'll give you German citizenship if you agree to come teach at the University of Wurtzburg. He agrees. He finally has citizenship at the age of forty, and he begins to investigate the external effects of passing an electric discharge through various types of vacuum tube equipment. Late afternoon November eighth, eighteen ninety five, he tests his idea that ultimately based on the formation of regular shadows terms the phenomenon that he discovered rays the following week, after eating much like a I think it was old Jimmy Haslim, Oh Jimmy Haysenlytt. He yes, like Jimmy Haslett. He ate and slept in his laboratory as he investigated all the different properties of the rays that he named, Oh Jimmy Haslett.
Speaker 5: He gets to work at five in the morning and they were eight and eight.
Speaker 6: He he named them X rays because he used the mathematical designation X for something unknown, so it was an unknown ah.
Speaker 5: Like Racer X, the brother of y Steed Racer.
Speaker 6: That was combined with raise. That's how the term came up. He brought a small piece of lead into position when the discharge was occurring, saw the first radiographic image. It was his own flickering, ghostly skeleton. About six weeks after the discovery, took a picture using X rays of his wife's hand. That was the one when he exclaimed, or she exclaimed, I have seen my death. That made waves in his original paper published in eighteen ninety five, but it.
Speaker 5: Kind of dramatic.
Speaker 6: Artier lady, it's just your hand, It's just a bones. Got the medal from the Rumford Medal from the Royal Society, published three papers on X rays between ninety five and ninety seven, and in nineteen oh one he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in recognition of the extraordinary services he has rendered by the discovery of the remarkable race subsequently named after him. He was shy, so he did not give a Noble lecture. He refused to take out patents as he wanted society as a whole to benefit from practical applications of the phenomenon that he discovered.
Speaker 3: Not the first time we've done the guy without a state, the guy from Prussia that invented the X ray no state. Every time you do the story, Matt, you forget to mention that big giant led girdle that you have to put over your Bootso when the X ray technician leaves the room to blow you up with that picture, hey, don't blow up the balls. Then they put him right there to put this on. Put this giant girdle on. No, this is totally safe.
Speaker 4: I seem like it.
Speaker 5: You're a life guy. Birthday of the Day, beating out.
Speaker 3: Danny Fortson is a guy at a Westlake High at a Westlake.
Speaker 4: California Undersized Power Forward.
Speaker 3: Love we are your undersized power for show of record mentioned Sean May just the other day, right. This guy, Jesse Ridell formerly known as Jesser the Laser as now known as Jesser. He is very famous. He's out of Westlake Village. He went to Westlake High but dropped out before his senior year because he had already become a streaming star. Now his father is a producer. Like Josh Rosen's dad produced wedding crashers and office space. He's got a brother who goes by the alias Jidell James, and he's a YouTuber as well. But this Jesser guy started doing videos when he was young, and he started doing videos about video games, Minecraft, all the stuff we love, Matt counter Strike, Global Offensive, you know we do. And his first viral video was on NBA two K fourteen where he talked about the fact that it had glitches, and that has led to him becoming the biggest basketball YouTuber. Basketball like merch guy, basketball culture for young people in the world. It's crazy. He founded this thing called Bucket Squad as a lifestyle brand and like a basketball community. And I went on the website and they sell everything like compression shorts, they sell compression shirts, shorts, T shirts, they sell basketballs all colorful and cool, they sell basketball bags. I mean, this guy is cleaning up. He did a deal with Puma that for his own shoes and now, yeah, I know right, Puma Clyde his exclusive version, but that was back before the pandemic. Now he makes his own shoes in cold collaboration with Soul Savvy, and he's made appearances doing an alternative broadcast on NBA League Pass. He was the representative for the fan vote for the Slam Dunk Contest last season. This white dude from Westlake. Very impressive website if you're like a young basketball person. Unbelievable accomplishment. Not quite the guy that invented the X ray. But when you buy this guy's compression shorts, you don't have to put a giant led girdle like Game of Thrones over your puzzo.
Speaker 4: No, you don't have to put the girdle over there.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 3: No, you don't have to know if you don't, I mean they drape it over there. It's not like you, what if you fling it off? What are they gonna.
Speaker 4: Shoot the balls with the rays?
Speaker 3: We'll shoot you with the rays of Dodger Baseball coming up next. It's going to be an exciting night as the Diamondbacks are back in town. They didn't slither away like a snake last night after David Vasse said the Dodger's gonna put up eight runs, and they did right. Oh, David Vasse crowing like a rooster spring night. So it's gonna be a great night at Dodger Stadium. Tim Kates will be on top of it in his sweet fatigues.
Speaker 5: The pictures in my show
Speaker 3: We're coming back on Tomorrow, less its Frodi