Speaker 1: How you doing, Gary Jeff Walker? Before we look ahead, a look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these. The English pirate better known as Blackbird, killed during a battle with British naval forces near Okra Croke Island in North Carolina. The year was seventeen eighteen. This date, nineteen thirty five, the China Clipper, which was a flying boat, took off from California, Altimedia, carrying more than one hundred thousand pieces of mail in the first trans Pacific air mail flight. This one of the more memorable and country changing days in America's history. In November twenty second, nineteen sixty three, thirty fifth President of the United States, John F. Kennedy shot to death in Dallas, Texas and Deeley Plaza, riding in his motorcade. John Connolly, the Governor of Texas, riding in that same car, seriously wounded. The suspected gunman, Lee Harvey Oswald, arrested by the way, killed in custody before he could ever go to court, and the Vice President, Lyndon Baines Johnson sworn in his president, all in a matter of hours. On that November twenty second. It is a day that, sixty two years later, still reverberates in the American pathos, and there are still unanswered questions. Twenty year old Mike Tyson became the youngest heavyweight boxing champion history on this date in nineteen eighty six. Remember it well. Nineteen ninety British Prime Minister the Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher, having failed to win re election to the Conservative Party leadership on the first ballot, announced she would resign. You know what after Kennedy? What else can we say? Actor film maker Terry Gilliam is eighty five. Jacques Lapierre Hockey Great eighty four today, Gian Blueford a Nasa Astrot eighty three. Tennis Hall of Famer Billy King is eighty two today. How about that? Stephen van Zant, Little Stephen from Bruce Springsteen's East Street Band has his seventy fifth birthday. Richard Kine, the actor is sixty nine. Jamie Lee Curtis has a birthday sixty seven. Mark Ruffalow fifty seven, Boris Becker, the Tennis Great Hall of Famers fifty eight. Scarlett Johansson is forty one. Mind How time does fly? If it is your birthday on this November twenty second. My wish for you it is the best birthday you could ever imagine, celebrated with family and friends, people you love, doing the things that you love to do. And truly that is my wish for you. It's five forty two traffic, well like there is any on Saturday occasionally, but whether in sports, lay just dad, Liam Tomlinson his back so I can take it easy. Today is Liam Tomlinson.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WLW sports.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Sir, got a busy slate, Tell me about it, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I'll start with high school football in the area. On the Kentucky side. Class one A Campbellsville defeated Newport Central Catholic twenty eight to nothing. Kentucky Country Day dominated Newport thirty seven to six. Class two A Beechwood blanked Prestonsburg forty two to nothing. They will play Owensboro Catholic next week. Class three A Lloyd Memorial defeated Russell County twenty eight thirteen. They remain undefeated at thirteen to zero. They make the state semifinals for the first time since two thousand and three, and bad night for both Class four A Northern Kentucky teams, Boyle topped Cupcat forty nine to fourteen, and Corbin defeated Highlands thirty five twenty one.
Speaker 1: Ryle, the other remaining Northern.
Speaker 3: Kentucky team in Class six A, stunned Frederick Douglass twenty eight twenty seven in an overtime thriller to claim their second straight regional championship. They will travel to Western Kentucky next week to face South Warren. On the Ohio side in front of twenty two thousand people, Saynet defeated Elder in a showdown at pay Corpse Stadium, forty two to thirty four. Elder had a twenty seven to seven lead a halftime, but Saytex managed to come back in the second half. That win give Saint X the Division one Region four championship. Middletown defeated Wayne twenty one to fourteen. Anderson wins their third straight regional title as they rolled to a thirty eight to seven win over Trotwood. Madison and Indian Hill topped Valley View forty one to fourteen. College football in Cincinnati to night Box is here for big noon kickoff. Dave Portnoy was here at pay Court Stadium and Brady Quinn and some of those other Fox Sports guys for the high school football matchup BYU the number eleven team in the country at nine to one, coming to Nippert to face the seven to three Cincinnati Bearcats. Kick is set for eight. Pregame coverage begins at seven. Catch all that action right here on seven hundred w l W. The Bengals back in action, looking to bounce back after that loss to the Steelers last week. Joe Burrow is currently questionable with that toe injury, but he was a full participant in practice all of this week. Do you think he's gonna play he wants to play. I think it's up to Zach Taylor, and I am not Zach Taylor. If he wants to hurt, if he wants to present, don't give me the butch of nips. Just your in your heart of hearts. Do you believe he's going to play? Yes, because I don't think Zach Taylor has the heart. To tell Joe Burrow now, Zach Taylor is a jellyfish. He has no spine. Of course he'll play f C Cincinnati. Lionel Messi in town tomorrow night. F C Cincinnati is looking to make the Eastern Conference Finals with the win over Enter Miami. That game kicks at five pm. Pre game coverage begins at four thirty. Catch all that action on esp Excuse me on Fox Sports thirteen sixty, and some college basketball from the area. Last night, Louisville defeated Cincinnati seventy four to sixty four. Derek has held a four point lead a halftime, but could not hold on to the win. At Historic Heritage Bank Arena, Kentucky man handled La eighty eight to forty six. Xavier took a late lead but could not hold on as they fall to Georgia seventy eight to seventy CITs.
Speaker 1: In his heaven and Lynette is here to talk to us or sing to us. Good morning, Lynette, Come and dine.
Speaker 4: The mester car commande.
Speaker 5: He may eat.
Speaker 6: The will love the Saints all the time.
Speaker 4: He moti tou change.
Speaker 6: The water int one coming die to master Carya, Come.
Speaker 4: And dine high.
Speaker 6: Amen.
Speaker 1: Hello, Amen, are you gaddy neighbor? You said like you were cutting off there a little bit on your phone. How's your phone working these days?
Speaker 4: This is the company's phone.
Speaker 1: Ah see, blame it on the company. What you still don't have your phone back.
Speaker 4: Somebody was ringing. Somebody's what was Uh, I'm trying because the rest and she uses phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got And you're a resident, so you're using the phone.
Speaker 4: It's ringing for babies. They don't understand we're using it.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't understand who's on this call. They don't understand the important people that you were talking to right now on fifty thousand watts of seven hundred wlw, Lynnette. They don't get the fact that this phone is being used for a higher purpose.
Speaker 4: Can you hear the background? She wouldn't turn it.
Speaker 1: What's the background to be blesting? What are you watching?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 4: She said, she's not turning hers off. Who's the first roommate in seven years or refusal? I acknowledge the greatest schedule walker in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they definitely broke broke them off.
Speaker 4: I don't have legs. I need your help.
Speaker 1: So you've got to You've got a roommate there with you again, huh, huh. You've got a roommate with you. Huh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's been here about four or five months and.
Speaker 8: You have a pis.
Speaker 1: You haven't broken her in yet, huh.
Speaker 4: Said she says, she don't mess me out every Saturday, so I just told her I'll leave you in God's hands.
Speaker 1: No, she purposely is doing this to mess with you. Yes, sir, what what's her name?
Speaker 4: I can't tell you.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's probably smart.
Speaker 4: I said, I'm getting ready to go on there. Can you please turn down?
Speaker 9: She said, nope.
Speaker 4: Huh okay, anyway.
Speaker 1: Well you know what we what we are? Is there a speaker on that phone?
Speaker 4: It's so on that she told her to make me turn the radio off. I said, we're live on the air.
Speaker 1: No wait, she she won't turn her TV off, but she's telling you to turn the radio off. Yeah, oh oh no, no, no, no, no, no, you turn that You turn that radio up when she tells you to turn it off. If she is not polite enough, if she is rude enough to leave the TV up on purpose to mess up your phone call with me. You you just you go ahead and you just turn your radio all the way up, Lynette.
Speaker 4: But it's you. It's this phone. She don't realize I turned No, it's not the radio. We're live on the air. So that the nurse went out, you won't be on there.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't. There are sometimes I don't want to be on the air and I have to. Lynette. It's always good to hear from you. Dear Dave back back Raft says hello, and he misses getting messages and calls from you.
Speaker 4: He needs to come. And every time I called Dave, I guess some black boy said it's his number. Dave, come over here and check my phone out. Somebody's playing a prank or the guy in the he's got something going on.
Speaker 1: It's probably your evil it's probably your evil roommate that's playing the prank.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: She wanted to help me. I answer it yesterday. I said no, I'll do it. I'm colorblind and you have to push up on the red thing.
Speaker 1: Listen, have a happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Dear everyone in America, Happy Thanksgiving from Lynette and the gang.
Speaker 1: All right, babe, thanks love you. What a nasty person Lynette's roommate. That makes me mad. I'll get over it. Leave it in God's hands, That's what she said. Five point fifty four.
Speaker 5: Hey Bengals fans, whether you're tailgating with friends or tackling your toughest jobs, Chevy Silver for this Saturday.
Speaker 1: November twenty second, twenty twenty five. GJ Dubbs, Howdy, how you doing? Six minutes after the hour six oh six Eastern. That is, as we get into Thanksgiving week, one of my two favorite holidays of the year. It's about food, It's about family. It's not about commercialism or gifts or anything that starts soon enough with Black Friday in the onslaught that many people will be a part of in the immediate aftermath of Thanksgiving. But I'm focusing on Thursday, on Turkey Day, on spending time. Hopefully you get to spend it with family, and hopefully you don't fight about stupid things like politics at Thanksgiving or friends, and you just enjoy the moment. It's about being thankful, about being grateful, about enjoying each other's company. Because we all were meant to be God's blessing to someone else in our lives. We were made for that, and we should probably concentrate on that. Let's concentrate on Dave from Harrison for a moment. Let's contemplate Dave. Good morning, Dave.
Speaker 9: Good morning, courage, Jeff, how are we doing on this beautiful Thanksgiving week?
Speaker 1: Well, I will tell you that I am very thankful for you and for Kathy, and not necessarily for the one liners of the bad dad jokes.
Speaker 9: Feelious, Mitchell very job would love you guys and are thankful for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely you should be tackled because yesterday three Wow advertised your show this morning, and one of the things they said was that there could be monkey sounds.
Speaker 1: I have you know? I heard something about that, Liam. If we have any random monkey sounds, they're doing that promo again. So whatever you can find whenever. Hey, Dave, Dave, what did the what did the turkey say to the computer?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Google, Google, Google talking to computer?
Speaker 10: Dave?
Speaker 1: Did you about the turkey who lost in a fight?
Speaker 10: Did not?
Speaker 1: He got the stuffing knocked out of him?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 1: Ah? What what a turkey's What did turkeys give thanks for on Thanksgiving? Vegetarians? There you go, Hey, I hear monkey sounds.
Speaker 10: Yes, nine o'clock every morning at the zoo. I'm telling there used to be.
Speaker 1: Okay, Liam, back off on the monkey sounds. I don't want to miss I don't I don't want to miss Dave's wonderful, top leveled humor.
Speaker 9: So figure, did you see where they're gonna stop making pennies?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Stop making pennies. They already stopped here.
Speaker 10: Jeff, to me, that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you did there?
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 8: I mean?
Speaker 1: What else you got, Dave?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 9: Why is Thanksgiving the smartest holiday?
Speaker 1: The smartest holiday? I love it. I didn't know was why is Thanksgiving the smartest holiday?
Speaker 10: Dave?
Speaker 9: Because it takes place in November?
Speaker 1: kW And now see if you've got to spell it out, it just doesn't. I mean, you could have left it with just November, but no, you had to go and try and explain it all right, last chance, Dave?
Speaker 9: Do you know what the Pilgrim's favorite kind of music was?
Speaker 1: What was the Pilgrim's favorite kind of music?
Speaker 12: Rock?
Speaker 13: Rock jokes? Told by Dave from Harrison. You're not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply have apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: Turned seventy five today on this day, November twenty second you say you put a stop to people in the Navy who were hazing. Is that what you said?
Speaker 14: Bill?
Speaker 10: That is correct?
Speaker 1: How did you that is correct? How did you do that?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 11: I had had I had to go, I had to tell I had to stop it.
Speaker 15: You know, the important thing is called the Veterans Restitution Justice Act. You know, all the people in Congress want to they want everybody to know about Epstein's erection. But why don't these people, you know, help the disable betteran that's been cheated from compensation all these years, especially the MST survivor and the Agent Orange survivor and the survivor that has shrapnel in his leg. I mean, if you really take a look at the Veterans Restitution Act, and when you talk to these politicians that come on your airwaves through our iHeartRadio, I'd appreciate it if you would, if you would pressure them to say, Hey, if you're going to want the public to know about Epstein, why don't you solve what Uncle Sam or Uncle Scam has done to thousands of disabled veterans and cheat them from compensation.
Speaker 10: That's basically what I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: How exactly are they cheating the disabled veterans.
Speaker 15: Well on the date of the honorable discharge, where if you had shrapnel in your leg, or you had agent orange, or in my case, military sexual trump survivor, you should have had a medical discharge.
Speaker 10: So the federal government.
Speaker 15: Would say, we're going to give you a personality disorder, which that means inconvenience to the federal government, so you can't really get any compensation. I missed out on compensation through the nineties through the two thousands, so I finally got it changed and they changed it to secretary authority, which still means the same thing. Personality disorder still means inconvenience to the federal government. So I'm working on the retroactive compensation. But that's what that legislation was about, the Veterans Restitution.
Speaker 10: Justice Act HR sixty twenty three.
Speaker 16: All right, I gotta say your show is.
Speaker 15: Really it's really funny this morning that Lady Lynn that that that's she's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Oh and the Bill played the baseball Yeah, Bill, she wasn't even she wasn't even in rear form this morning. This was one of her weaker rare form. No imagine when.
Speaker 15: Why is it all the football teams sound like packs of cigarettes. You know, Newport's playing Benson and Edges.
Speaker 1: I don't know why did I hope? Why? I hope you and other veterans get to help. You obviously need old radio. Rick, good morning, how are you receiving us? And on what lovely beautiful antique device?
Speaker 11: Good morning, Jerry, Jeff. He has a shout out to that Teresa. I will call this the ubiquitous five by five radio Reception reports. Sitting's features a nineteen thirty seven Stromberg Carlson Model one three zero J. For those of you playing at home, it's a gorgeous eight tube three band AM shortwave radio and a beautiful cabinet at both an RF stage for greater sensitivity, a multi colored hexagon old dial, and the classic magic itube. And this radio also had some very weird features, which just makes me love it all the more. There's like in this dark circle in the middle of the dial, and it looks like that's exactly where the itube should be, but I guess the engineers couldn't figure that out, so it's kind of stuck at the top of the cabinet where you can't even see it.
Speaker 10: If the radio is off.
Speaker 1: I hate it when my ittube gets stuck at the top of the cabinet.
Speaker 11: So painful, as the kids say. And the X sagonal dial appears like three different people designed the layout of each different band than they weren't allowed to talk to each other. It's kind of.
Speaker 2: Weird, so there's no uniformity there, no, And then it has the brilliant option of a sensitivity can which is I mean, it's kind of like a squelf control where you can if you've got too much intenna and too much signal, you can tone it down a bit.
Speaker 11: Unfortunately, it's unmarked, and if you don't know what it does and you just turn all the knobs up to try to receive the station, you've basically shorted out the intenna and you can't pick up anything.
Speaker 10: The blind kids.
Speaker 11: But let's go to the catalog, shall we. Sure a picture of a young couple dressed to the nine staring down at I don't know really what they're staring at, but anyways, the woman donning a luxurious fur coat. My opinion says it's the most beautiful radio I've ever seen. And he says, and it has the labyrinth, Well, not this model, but anyway that some of their consoles had a acoustic labyrinth behind the speaker, which is great if you want to reverse phase.
Speaker 10: But that's a whole other thing.
Speaker 11: But then there's a three flashing new Strombird Carlson's to start the new year. Noteworthy in all three is the exclamation arousing beauty of their cabinets with trifocal tuning and carbon show leather speakers.
Speaker 1: No, what exclamation arousing?
Speaker 8: What you do?
Speaker 1: You just say?
Speaker 11: I just read, I only read it. I think Dave One says a.
Speaker 1: Hi, are you aroused? No, that's my exclamation point.
Speaker 11: Yes, but it's beautiful. The trifocal tuning, which is a three band radio. Sorry, but the carbon show leather speaker. If you made a speaker out of leather, Oh, how would this not work? Let me count the way.
Speaker 1: It's like fine Corinthian lever leather in the Cordona.
Speaker 11: It's known for its fine leather.
Speaker 1: It's fine Corinthian leather speakers.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because they don't exist either. Yeah, it's called a triple range treasure chest. Yeah, they've changed the name again from trifocal tuning the triple range. In your eighty seven fifty in nineteen thirty seven or two thousand bucks today.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, well that was quite a little run through. And by the way, if you're going to dedicate or do something in the direction of that Teresa, and you use a word like ubiquitous, you've got to give the definition. You know, she always does. It's an adjutant, a meaning present appearing are found everywhere.
Speaker 11: I will default that to you and or her, But I will say I loved many many Over two decades ago in Atlanta, there was a radio station whose traffic reporter every single day got to report what he everyone waited for it. It was like, oh and at I two eighty five at the the Roswell Road egg that is the ubiquitous ladder in the roadway, because somebody dropped the ladder every day, every day, every day.
Speaker 1: All right, Ricky, thanks have a great weekend, Happy Thanksgiving Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. If you'd like to get in touch with me, time to talk to our friends east of downtown. As we travel on fifty two through Hamilton and the Claremont, how now Brown County. As we crossed the line, we're on the way to Ripley and a place called Brookies where the gang is gathered on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning gang, good morning.
Speaker 1: Great and now listen, Doug just sent me a screenshot of a very very festive looking chicken that is there with you this morning. Would you explain whose chicken is it and why is it there?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 17: Well, this Buzz was here. This is you know, Sherry, of course crazy, that's my chicken.
Speaker 1: Of course, the green hornet.
Speaker 17: Wanting to reminisce about his about his chicken story.
Speaker 1: Yes, Buzz famously had a uh had a chicken, had a rooster and it accidentally flew into Doug Bonson's garage there on Main Street years back. Uh and and really the rooster couldn't help it. I mean, you know, roosters just roost and rafters. And it did and and dropped some uh of rooster droppings on Doug's car in the garage. So Doug had to catch the rooster, and Doug killed Buzz's cock. That's the story, is it is. Can everyone attest to that's what happened?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 16: Standard version.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so if you're if you're bringing your chicken to show Buzz, are you rubbing it in his face that Doug killed his rooster or are you Are you trying to bring back pleasant memories?
Speaker 17: I'm just bringing back pleasant memories. It just hit me when I saw that chicken, how to bring it down the sport.
Speaker 1: It's a very festive. It's a very festive what ceramic chicken?
Speaker 17: Yes, it bounces up and down, I bring.
Speaker 1: I bet it does.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: No winner in the Queen of Hearts this past Wednesday at Brookies be there will not be a drawing this coming Wednesday night because of course Darren doesn't need the extra business. Wednesday before Thanksgivings a huge night in bars. Harry Pettigo will be playing, I understand, and we will be out to see what we can see in how now Brown County christ to two point oh and I on Wednesday evening into Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 17: Awesome, that'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Anybody playing, anybody playing at Brookies tonight.
Speaker 18: We have country thunder tonight and local bands. We'll have a good crowd for them tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh popular, I bet you will, I bet you will will? Y'all are yes.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 18: Two things I'm going to test you photographs a buzzes car from about two years ago when he had a turkey and a chicken, so I will send those to you for your further enjoyment. And Sherry, what's the weather going to be?
Speaker 17: The weather, it's gonna be pretty nice since the rain's kind of moved down. It's going to be more pleasant for the next few days. So but I think it's gonna get cold next weekend.
Speaker 1: All right. And the weather Rock is the weather rock found a permanent home yet?
Speaker 17: Well, it's it's in here, that's right, Come see it.
Speaker 1: Okay, fantastic you guys, have a fantastic weekend. I'm grateful for you.
Speaker 14: Happy Thanksgiving, same to you by Steve Fremtta and a pithy phone calling.
Speaker 1: News of the week come and run Congressman, Senators and House members alike supporting a military coup against the president with trees and his comments. I don't know if he's going to cover any of that, but I thought i'd get my licks in well I can. Here's Steve Steve Simon from Mettna with this morning's commentary of News of the week and morning.
Speaker 8: Stephen, Oh, Yes, I am Six Democrat members of Congress this week encourage members of the military and intelligence communities who defy what they consider to be unlawful orders by the commander in chief, the President of the United States.
Speaker 19: All six are former members of the military or intelligence communities. They are headed by Michigan Senator Elissa Slotkin and Arizona Senator Mark Kelly. No surprise there, this is an exercise fraught with danger. A service member's oath and this is a quote, pledges to obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over him or her. If one takes it upon himself or herself to refuse to obey such orders, the consequences can be dire, as you would suspect, since insubordination can lead to total chaos. To quote from a Midwest lawyer veterans group, and this is a quote, it can be impossible to determine whether an order is lawful in the moment, particularly in the heat of battle. I would add as the soldier who contemplates in subordination considered the effect on fellow soldiers of his decision. The best example of this in our lifetimes is the Meli massacre in Vietnam, where platoon leader Lieutenant William Calley ordered the mass shooting of unarmed civilians. Some soldiers participated, some refused CALLI and the participants were court martialed I suspect that Mike Allan will have a heck of a lot more to say on this at nine o'clock, page two. I'm still not through talking about kings. Question. If King Edward the Eighth of England had to give up the throne in the nineteen thirties because he wanted to marry a divorce see how come Charles the Third did the same thing but got away with it. Well, here's some history. The answer is that times changed. Edward was quite the playboy, which irritated the heck out of his mother, Queen Mary and his father, King George. When King George died, the Prime Minister of England, Stanley Baldwin, stepped in and declared, and this is a priceless quote, no one in the government or general public approves of Edward's marriage to Wallace Simpson. Edward abdicated the throne and married Wallace. Fast forward to Charles. He was bailed out by his mother, Queen Elizabeth, based on the seventeen seventy two Royal Marriage Act, which mandated that royal family members need permission of the sovereign to marry. Well, the sovereign was Elizabeth. Elizabeth approved the marriage of her son first in line to the throne, to divorcee Camilla Parker Bowles. And that's the name of that too, Gary Jem, Before we leave, I got a question for you, and I have watched this three times, the Kumbayam moment with Bondani standing next to a seated President of the United States Donald Trump talking nice to each other. What was your reaction.
Speaker 1: My reaction is the same reaction I had when during Trump's first term he went to North Korea and stepped across the DMZ to North Korea to visit Kim Jong ill, little rocketman. I equate that to every meeting that Trump has ever had with someone who is purportedly an enemy of our country and has gotten along, including Presidents g and Putin. If he will meet with the heart of communist evil to try and find common ground to help our country with those people, he certainly can do it. For this neophyte in New York City who's going to find out very quickly he needs President Trump's help more than he needs his base to love him.
Speaker 19: That's very very interesting. I thank you, Gary Jeff, talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve, thank you very much. I mean, President Trump will meet with anybody. He said it, and he follows through. Like everything else President Trump campaigned upon, he has tried to fulfill every single promise. Promise is made, promise is kept to the best of one man's ability. And the commander in chief needs to be in charge of the room, whatever room he's in. And he was in charge yesterday in the Oval Office, sitting behind the resolute desk, while the young nobody who ran a great political campaign and hoodwinked a million New Yorkers to vote for him for mayor, stood by the President's side like a lackey with his hat in hand and the other hand out. That's all that was. It was a photo op for good measure, and the only one whose reputation was damaged was perhaps Mandami's with the rest of the Democrats socialists that voted for him in New York. We live an interesting time this week at the Bar, I believe we were talking about just all of the crazy machinations of politics and the twenty four hour news cycle. In Trump derangement syndrome, which is a real epidemic in this country a mental defect, I think, and then reflecting towards Thanksgiving unless I have to, And I've got shows coming up this week. I've got a night cap on Monday and Tuesday night this week from nine to midnight. I hope you'll join me for those. I think Monday's nine thirty after after basketball. In any way, I hope you will. But the only time I ever really think about politics and politicians and the President and the Congress is what impressed to when I have to for the radio the rest of my everyday, normal walk in my life, and you yours may be exactly the same. I'm not sure how obsessed you are with the body politic. But most of the time, I'm just trying to make ends meet. I'm trying to show my wife that I love her. I'm trying to be a good citizen. For the most part, I'm trying to treat the rest of God's children that I encounter with the same kind of love and respect that I would like. I'm just trying to live my life. But for some people, politics is all their life is twenty four seven, three sixty five, and it just seems like it's an awfully big waste of time and energy. Most of the time, I vote, I care, but I don't obsess. And as we approach Thanksgiving, I maybe I have a request of you. You know, I've been ready a long time. I've taken requests and tried my best to fulfill requests when I could, So I have a request of you. Try not to obsess. Yeah, it matters, but it doesn't matter as much as breathing has. Taking care of yourself as treating the people around you the way you'd like to be treated, loving your fellow man, living your life, enjoying your life. Every once in a while, just tune out, leave your phone at home, don't check your email every five minutes. It's a tough one for me because it's always work related. And try and give TikTok a break maybe, or Facebook. Whatever you obsess about most of the time, that in the ultimate scheme of things, really doesn't matter. Give thanks politics will still be there when you get done, I promise. Steve Shulty joining us just after the news at seven, We continue on the Saturday morning edition on seven hundred WL twenty twenty five. I'm Gary Jeff Walker, and you're really lucky to be listening this morning. I don't know about that. It's great to have you along, as all was seven oh five and some change Eastern time, that is, and we are waiting for the polar voyetechs to invade right on or after Thanksgiving, but before that, enjoy the fifties because this is going to feel like really really heavenly compared to what's ahead of us at forty seven right now. And I tell you what, Speaking of the environment, let's talk to our favorite environmental engineer, Steve Shilty with a climate crazy update this morning and what's going on in this beautiful world of ours. Good morning, sir, it's I'm grateful for you, by the way, and thank you and your whole family. And I'm counting my blessings this morning.
Speaker 10: Likewise, back to you.
Speaker 1: Thanks. So we're going to talk about the high cost of green energy.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, this comes from the Heartland dot org, the Institute their Climate Change Weekly number five sixty three yesterday November twenty one. One of the articles I thought was interesting. It's title high costs of green energy transcision leading to continued hydrocarbon use. A new report from McKenzie and Company now McKinsey and Company is an American multinational strategy and management consulting firm that offers their services to corporation of governments and other organizations. Okay, it's nineteen twenty six, so obviously they've been around a long long time. They just issued their Global Energy Perspective twenty twenty five forecasts coal, oil, and that's of gas will continue to be dominant sources of global energy well passed twenty fifty, regardless of the intentions and actions of those operating negotiating, operating climate agreements and making commitments.
Speaker 11: And what a difference one year.
Speaker 16: Because back in twenty twenty four their report, just a year ago, their Energy Outlook forecasts is a sharp decline and coal use by twenty twenty twenty thirty five and fossil fil us overall by twenty fifty, with omission reductions taking priority over reliability and affordability. And now the report says just the reverse. First, cost competitiveness remains paramount, energy affordability reliability are number one and two. Then emission reductions. You know, however, without affordability. Basically, they're saying that the widespread adoption of low carbon technologies will not be happening. And secondly, there's no silver bullet for decarbonization.
Speaker 1: And one of the.
Speaker 16: Reasons they say that they've changed this, they forecasted last year, Gary Jeff, that coal use would pull by twenty thirty five.
Speaker 12: Okay, they now say coal demand is expected to increase a minimum of one percent over the same time. And Gary Jeff, I will I will ask you, and I'm sure this is one guess what do you think is the number one reason for their reversal regarding coal usage and demand?
Speaker 14: The administrations not quite good old China record commissioning of coal power plans is the number one reason.
Speaker 16: Also increases in electrical use like AI and data centers, and lack of manufacture of alternatives for industries like steel, chemical and heavy manufacturing. So once again, affordability is now becoming number one the essentially for developing countries. They don't want perfect energy in some future date, they want it now.
Speaker 10: Well that's what.
Speaker 1: Let me Let me tell you what I think. The other factor in this is, Steve. The other factor is that all of the alarmism that was super funded, I mean people were being paid to be alarmists. And you know that we've talked about it over and over again. That money has started to dry up. Uh, and it has started to dry up from the federal government level in the United States because of the change of administrations, because all of these stupid subsidies being thrown to things that are unnecessary and unneeded. Plus the computer modeling that was used to fuel the alarmism has been proved to be false, and the word has finally gotten out that they've been living under a big lie that we've all been lied to because it was super funded. It's all been eradicated, and you're right, it was always about what would be the most affordable and wind and solar and some of these other renewables as they're called are not cost efficient or energy efficient. They've proven themselves to not be. They've not been well.
Speaker 16: The report also pointed out that even the International Energy Agency, one of the UN organizations, has changed the tune as well because the energy transition transition is not materializing as fast as the politicians.
Speaker 1: And bureaucrats want it.
Speaker 16: And they also now project that hydrocarbon demand will continue to grow through twenty fifty. You know what, you know what, the go zero.
Speaker 1: You know what. The end of this was the end of this was when Greta Thunberg, who was so worried about man made climate change, decided that a terrorist organization on the Gaza Strip was more important than the climate that ended this year. Steve, thank you so much. Happy Thanksgiving you too, all right, seven twelve at seven hundred WLW Dave, Good morning. I am thankful for you as we look towards Thanksgiving week and we wanted to talk about the cloud Flare outage.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, as always, thanks for having me on, Gary, Jeff, and you may recall have been long we had another fairly major Internet outage and you know, to me, this just goes to show you that in the business it's called concentration. As we've become more centralized, even though people think of the Internet as decentralized, you now have a handful of very large companies providing a lot of services. And also, before I get into this cloud Flair thing, it hasn't been that long since Amazon Web Services have an outleage that knocked a bunch of stuff off. The cloud Flare is an interesting situation. They're a company that does a variety of different things, most of which are really geared towards trying to make sure your services as a third party company. Your services are up online, working well, protected from distributed denial of service attacks, protected from hacking, that sort of thing. So they're in the business of trying to make sure that your stuff is up, and they apparently had some kind of configuration issue. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that this was a cyber attack, although this to me makes the point that I'm trying to make all the time about how fragile are increasingly digital society is. They did not have a cyber attack. Apparently some configuration file got too large and as a result it started basically made their internal systems start having issues, and then as a result of the nature of their service, other businesses that relied on them got knocked out when they went down, and it took out a large swath of things, I mean, video games, other services like this. I've seen numbers as high as roughly twenty percent of all sites, services, cloud based products, etc. On the Internet are kind of sitting behind cloud player. So it's just an interesting illustration of why we are nowhere near close to ready for things like central bank digital currency, cashless society, or even how our regular society works now because we depend so much on all of this digital technology. When you can see that two different companies can take down huge portions of the Internet for hours or more, think about what would happen if this were an actual coordinated attack by like a nation state actor, say the Chinese Toimis party, and you couldn't get these systems back online in a short period of time.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: A lot of people have had probably already forgotten about the cloud flayer thing because it was only a few hours and it didn't really do a ton of damage. But it just illustrates that we are very frantile as a result of all this dependency.
Speaker 1: Well, it's you know, another reason that I believe, and many other people believe, investors believe there is going to be an AI bubble that bursts very soon. We'll see.
Speaker 10: I'm a little concerned about that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Dave, thank you for answering the bellopt the last minute. I appreciate it, and it's good to talk to you always, and hopefully you'll be able to join me either Monday or Tuesday on the Nightcap and we'll get into further depth in these we can.
Speaker 5: Make that work.
Speaker 10: Thanks for having me on and if we don't talk to you.
Speaker 1: Happy thanks yeah, Happy Thanksgiving, Dave Hatter and everybody there in Fort Wright. It's seven nineteen. Time for the Tom Davis Diaries. I like to refer to them as the Diary and you know the drill. Theies are just whacking stories from all over the country and all over the world. Here is your correspondent, Tom Davis Time. Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 20: This week sometimes dreams really do come true, even the weird ones. But first, an off duty police officer in Chicago accidentally shot himself in the groin.
Speaker 1: He was on his way to work when the.
Speaker 20: Fire army was carrying discharged and grazed his raisins. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center and is expected to make a full recovery physically, he may never emotionally recover. After the rest of the force hears about it. And while Melissa Burkeette is the California woman who was suing Milk Bone, she says the dog biscuit company's lying when it advertises no artificial ingredients. She says the biscuits contained manufactured citric acid and artificial preservative, and is seeking damages and restitution on behalf of her dog. She is also seeking an injunction to stop the sales of milk bone products. A ten year old in Tennessee was staying behind after school for a parent teacher meeting. When he didn't like what was being said, he threw a fit and then he made a run for it, stealing his mother's car. Amazingly, this preteen drove the car all the way home without incident, even parking it neatly in the garage. The police have decided not to charge him, saying that he's awfully young to be caught up in the justice system. And finally, a posthumous congratulations to Diane Reets. She died not too long ago, but not before living out her dream of coming the oldest person to ever try out for the Denver Broncos cheerleading squad. The Broncos said that they didn't hire her because they wanted to go in a different direction. But if you want to see Diane give it a try, it is on YouTube next week. Man in hospital fighting for his life after swallowing a burger hole.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend. Had some interesting guests over the past weekend. I will have another JFK assassination. Guest on the Monday Nightcap, a guy named Bob Nilson talks about Lyndon Baines Johnson possible involvement or acquiescence in the death of President Kennedy. Today is, of course the anniversary, the sixty second anniversary, a dark anniversary in their country's history, of the end of the innocence, so they say in American politics. Though it probably happened much earlier, it was just brought to light with the JFK assassination, the aftermath, the investigations, the Warren Commission, the Rockefeller Commission, and all the other commissions who still perhaps haven't told us the real story or the whole story, and we may never know. But anyway, that is today, and so it's with some semblance, I don't know, a somber kind of remembrance. There you go. Time now for a science minute, and our friends Science Mike's standing by to deliver, as he always does on Saturdays.
Speaker 10: Yes, as a knight of scientists.
Speaker 13: Surprising of the bell blinded me.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Michael, are you doing. I'm good. I always the reason I always remember, and I've told this story on the air, So if you heard it, just say Okay, there he goes again, tell him the same story. The reason I remember the Kennedy assassination was because and I was almost three years old in November of nineteen sixty three, a month away from my third birthday. But I was a TV baby, and I remember that for three whole days there were no cartoons, and I was upset, I mean to the point of crying. Upset because there was no Mickey Mouse Club. There were no cartoons in the morning, just a lot of somber looking people walking around in black crying. My parents were upset, and I thought they were upset because there were no cartoons on TV.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: It was three days of national mourning leading up to the funeral. So that's what I remember. Do you do you what do you remember from back then?
Speaker 7: If anything, nothing, I do remember reading historically that on that same day, that sixty three, the brad Spence Bridge.
Speaker 10: Was to open on that day. How about it that the whole bridge off a week. I mean, I know it's not just a bridge. I'm just saying it.
Speaker 1: No, I mean literally, the nation stopped and held its breath because we didn't know what was going on. I mean, I didn't know what was going on. Like I said, I wasn't even three years old, but I remember that because of TV. How sad is that I was a little rug rat watching the rabbit eared black and white thing.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I would literally I would wait. I would get up early and turn the TV on. My parents are still asleep. I knew how to turn the TV on and I would watch. I would watch. If I was up too early, I would watch the Indian head test pattern and the before the cartoons would come on.
Speaker 7: I was like, I was there yourself, something neat while you're doing that?
Speaker 1: Now now, now, I didn't care about that. I was waiting for mom to give me cheerios when she got up. Anyway, what do we got?
Speaker 7: Let's go straight straight to the our own University of Cincinnati has I decided to look up some news and science music has come out of our local establishment here and this is and published in the journal Biology Letters of our own PhD student at College Arts of Science. The topic is monk parakeets test the waters when forming new relationships and the phrasing their test of waters is a term that they used to predicted animals should approach and maintain no contact proximity before touching becomes common. So what they did they went out and they captured a bunch of feral monk parakeets, like twenty two different groups. Some knew each other, some were totally strangers. So they went off part a distance, separated, and they put them in a captive of location and they studied various types of relationships on how they interacted with each other. I'm gonna pick a look at a heart's seventy nine different types of relationships and what they found. What they found, Gary Jeff, was it that the stranger the parakeets that they call them the diads, a stranger diad parakeets when they got together, they approach each other with caution compared to other birds that they knew, and the stranger the stranger birds to say, they took more time to share and were eventually approaching getting to know each other shoulders shoulder, sharing food, and grooming each other. Now you may have seen very similar interactions in your establishment with strangers getting to know each other and maybe not getting to know each other. Comment, well, no, it's just I very rarely see the grooming.
Speaker 1: There are, although I have seen I have seen a woman picking bugs off a man and eating them. Listen, have a fantastic weekend. I'm thankful for you. Happy Thanksgiving, Micah.
Speaker 21: All right, thanks, let's go to.
Speaker 1: Live and let's go to Brother Rick Green for a little Saturday morning devotional. The Word of God on display on the big one and first and foremost, Brother Rick Green, I want to let you know how much I am grateful that God has put you in my life in any measure, but here on Saturday mornings. It's really meant a lot to me and I know to a lot of people to have you give us a Bible verse every week and give us the edification of the truth. Good morning, Well, good morning Gary.
Speaker 22: I thank God that he allowed our past to cross as well. From the first time I met you, You've just blessed me and I love hearing your voice. I love me to your wife, I love everything about you.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks brother, Thanks. What do you got for us today?
Speaker 10: Today? We have first Down, Chapter two, verse six. It says whoever claims to live in him much live as Jesus did. Thank God for the power and the.
Speaker 22: Blood of Jesus cliss that makes that possible.
Speaker 1: Amen. Amen. But you know what, that's that's a tough walk to make when when you're in the flesh as we are. Yeah, but it's.
Speaker 22: It's a bagger on our own will.
Speaker 10: It's impossible.
Speaker 22: But through the blood of Christ, all things are possible.
Speaker 1: Amen again, hallelujah. Thank you. I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Speaker 22: Are you two grade? And Monday is my last day of work, so let retirement begins.
Speaker 1: Huh, well, praise God. That's great man, Monday is your last day.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 22: Geez the forty eight years Garry Rick is tire.
Speaker 1: Well is Rick going to find something else to do? I know you said that you're hoping that your mission can be broadened and you can do more work for the homeless. That's what you've been called to do.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: You'll have to keep us up to date on what's going on, all right.
Speaker 22: I definitely will you all have a bluff day.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Happy Thanksgiving to Rick greed And now comes the time and we say here's that Teresa, Good morning that Teresa.
Speaker 23: Well, greetings and salutations Gary, Jeff. You know I am thankful for everything that God has blessed me with my husband, my children, my grandbabies, you and Krista even Frankie Tale, though we have not met, maybe someday. I'm grateful and thankful for all the people that I consider family on this auspicious radio show. And to be called you be quit, I can't even say I am so, I am so fuddled and dumbed on it that somebody that I was omnipresent. Oh my goodness, can you dig it? So I'm grateful and thankful to all.
Speaker 5: The years that I've been blessed with you.
Speaker 23: Today's word has been brought to the four to my fore brain, my fore brain, my bat asked brain. I don't I'm I'm talking sailor talk here. I'm married to a guy.
Speaker 5: And it was in the navy.
Speaker 8: What are we to do?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 23: His friend was are you ready? My husband's name is Smith, though it was Semen Smith before him. His friend Matt was Semen Semen, and they all.
Speaker 5: Cracked up with that.
Speaker 1: They they were not his name was not Semen Semen, Matt.
Speaker 10: Semen, Semen Semen.
Speaker 23: And can you imagine a bunch of guys staying and in line.
Speaker 5: Just giggling because it's Semen Semen. Again, I digress.
Speaker 23: The word becomes because of this Epstein filed debacle. How it blew up in some people's We won't claim which party face. They come up with the word chick canery. I almost said chick haneery. Oh my god, what a Paul c hic A n E r y. The definition it's deception or trickery. And we'll say some Democrats are nomas said democrats. Democrats are known for their continued sicinery while in office. God bless you all, love you all.
Speaker 1: Good day, Well you were full of Freudian slips this morning. Happy Thanksgiving that Teresa, it's eight nineteen pick up even one hundred w l W. Good morning kids, Time for gifts for WALDI what are you thankful for? Sunday morning church service, the pastor asked if anyone would like to express praise to God for answered prayers. A lady stands up, walks to the podium. She said, I have a praise. Two months ago, my husband Tom had a terrible bicycle crash and his scrotum was completely crushed. The pained agony of the men listening to this is obvious and audible. She said. The pain was terrible and the doctors didn't know if they could help him. Tom was unable to hold me or the children and do everyday things, and every moment caused him terrible pain. We prayed as the doctors performed a very delicate operation which lasted for over five hours, and it turned out they were able to piece together the crushed remnants of Tom's scrotum and wrap wire around it to hold it in place again. The men in the congregation unnerved and squirmed uncomfortably in their seats. She announced in a quavering voice. Now thanked the Lord. After six weeks, Tom is out of the hospital and the doctors say that with time, his scrotum should recover completely. All the men sighed with relief. The minister rose and tentatively asked if anyone else had something to say. A man stood up and walked slowly to the podium. Hi, I'm Tom. The entire congregation held its bread. I just want to tell my wife that the word is Sternham front page what was in the life section? And this is actually when they still had a newspaper, and there's a front page story and I was dubbed the hardest working man in Tri State radio. Now that was twenty five, twenty four years ago, something like that. Since that article was published, and I was everywhere. I was, as they say, ubiquitous on airwaves, not just here but other places around the country. Now the hardest working man in Tri State Radio may be our next guest. Possibly. Hey Mo, how are we doing well? Doing fine? I'm relaxing a lot compared to the old days. You are everywhere hardly, aren't you. I mean you were at the basketball game last night. I was, yes, are to be Are you gonna be at the football game tonight? I will be see And you're on the air in between on Saturday morning doing some heavy duty extra time, literally on multiple signals all over the place. Moe Egger, He's everywhere, every man. Unbelievable. Now, the question is the question that is weighing heavy on the minds of Bengals fans, Moe, and there's been speculation and still no answers. So I want to know if you can definitively answer for me. In tomorrow's game against the New England Patriots, if I am watching on television, well I be stuck with Iron Eagle as the play by play guy.
Speaker 5: Well, you're never stuck with the TV announcer, because I know you'd always listen to Dan Horden Dave Lapham.
Speaker 1: I know they're fantastic and I should be plugging them first, But justin kay, I don't have my phone's not charged, and I don't have a good radio signal, which is hard to believe with the big one the blowtorchs that we are that I wouldn't have a good radio signal, But just in case, I have to watch it on TV. I know that he's probably been been fully practicing all week to do play by play, but I hope I don't get stuck with Iron Eagle if I watch it on TV. You don't like Iron Eagle, not necessarily. I feel like usually Iron Eagle is relegated to the level below the premiere games. Now, the Patriots are playing the Bengals tomorrow, so maybe they will up the announcer Anti, the networks will up the announcer Anti people.
Speaker 5: You're probably the first person I've ever heard say they don't.
Speaker 4: Like I.
Speaker 1: Didn't say that I didn't like him. I said that I hope it's not him. There's a difference. I mean, there's not an outright hatred. Iron Eagle's never done anything to me, you know, So I don't have any a personal grudge. I just like other people better than Iron Eagle, and I feel like that. I feel like with the dog games. If there are dog games in the NFL, usually it's Iron Eagle who's calling them.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, back in the real dark years of the nineties and early two thousands, yeah, it felt like the Bengals every week had Craig Bowler Jack and Steve Pasker.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right, there's nothing worse than a Craig Bowler Jack.
Speaker 5: We had Craig Bowler Jack. I met Craig Bowler Jack. He was a news anchor in Salt Lake City.
Speaker 1: See a nice guy.
Speaker 5: And I said to him, like, very nice guy. I said to him, like, man, it's not like for years you had like every Bengals game. And he's like, yeah, I was the TV voice of the Cincinati Begs. Because he was like, you know, networks have five, six, seven crews. He was like, on a six crew. Yeah, right, And so the Bengals every week will played a dog of a game and we got Craig Bowler Jack and Steve Tasker.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure, I'm sure Iron Eagles there is a perfectly nice guy and he's obviously a broadcaster was elevated to the point of being a network mainstay now for years. So nothing wrong with Iron Eagle. I just would rather not There's got to be somebody else. So aside from the television announcers, is it really a wise mood move, and how does it behove the Bengals to play Joe Burrow tomorrow or anytime the rest of this season with the rest of this team though, Does it make any sense?
Speaker 10: Fair question?
Speaker 5: It's a fair question.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Look, he is the most precious and important investment in the history of the franchise, and it's okay to go overboard to protect your investment. But it's an NFL team that has seven games remaining and has a mathematical chance of winning the division. Realistically it's not gonna happen. But Joe Burrow gives them a better chance to win than Joe Flacker does. Now. I think what's interesting about this is, you know, the calendar, because they'll play tomorrow, We'll see if Joe Burrow goes and then they turn around and play again on Thursday. You know, if it's me the fact that the fact that it's even a question as to whether or not he should play just because of his foot, right, like it, it's not like Dave said, he's one hundred percent full go and he's playing like there's hesitancy for a reason. I would lean into that reason and not play him. But like, I get it, they're trying to win football games. Not very good at it. He doesn't play defense, so you know, it's it's probably not gonna matter, but they're trying to win football games. Joe Burrow gives him a better chance to win football games than Joe Flacco does. They're not mathematically eliminated, you know. I mean, so I understand, but you know, again, if it's me, if there's a reason why they haven't made up their mind, which I would imagine has something to do with that foot, I would I would at least keep them on the shelf for another couple of days. See if we win the football game and then, you know, kind of re examine things for the Thanksgiving night game.
Speaker 1: Does it have anything to do with Las Vegas or DraftKings or three sixty five the reason they have been announced.
Speaker 5: No, you know, I don't think it has anything to do with that. I think it has everything to do with the fact that Joe Joe Burrow has I'm imagining, worked his tail off to be in a position where you know he can help the team, and you know, Zach Taylor's trying to win football games. I mean, I think it's as simple as that, and Joe Burrow represents the best chance to win. But you know, again, if there's any reason to if there's any reason for pause, I would He is the meal ticket and this whole thing falls apart if anything bad happens to Joe Burrow. We've seen that this year. So I don't know, man, I get it, But if there's reason for him to maybe not play, then I wouldn't play him.
Speaker 1: Louisville's really good basketball team, aren't they.
Speaker 5: They are good, but they weren't great last night, And to me, that's what's frustrating. Louisville came into last night number two in college basketball and offensive efficiency points per possession. Yeah, and the Euston Bearcats really guarded him well last night, held him to seventy four points. Cardinals shot yess what, thirty seven and a half percent from the field. They were bat from behind the arc, and the Bearcats couldn't take advantage because of their own offensive deficiencies. The Cardinals are terrific. McHale Brown is a great player. Ryan Conwell, who played at Xavier last year, just has totally remade his body and he's great. Pat Kelsey is a great coach. The Cardinals can make the Final four. But they were there for the taking last night and the Bearcats couldn't taken.
Speaker 1: No, maybe the reason they weren't offensively efficient were because the Bearcats were really good on defense.
Speaker 5: They were I thought they defended very well.
Speaker 1: So there you go. I mean, a good defense can negate a good offense and any given night, as you know, and you know that, yes, that happened last night. Sadly, the Bearcats did not get the victory. The Bearcat football team is hosting BYU tonight and after after the last couple of weeks, moll, what are you thinking.
Speaker 5: Offensively? Last week? Uh? The Arizona Wildcats dared Brendan sores be the throw, dared him to throw it deep and he couldn't. And you know, Brendan's had a really he's had a really nice year. He's a good dude. But if if we were to jock down a list of reasons why, you see has lost our last two games. I would start with quarterback play and if that doesn't get better, they're not going to win today, They're not gonna win next week against TCU, and they probably won't win their bowl game. I've never seen the defense do what Arizona did last week, which is with with the game close. You know, it wasn't like it was a blowout, it was, you know, a one score game, and Arizona said, we're gonna put all eleven defenders within five yards in a line of screen repeatedly, and we're going to tell you throw it deep. And Brendan unfortunately to not And if that doesn't change during for a long night tonight against.
Speaker 1: Belfe, this may be the biggest sports weekend with games happening in Cincinnati we've seen in a long long time, including what happened at Peycorp last night with the shocking comeback by Saint X against Elder. Whether they say we're like twenty seven thousand in attendance, that's crazy, crazy good. I mean for the city of Cincinnati to have two programs like that going ahead, to have and have it be such an exciting game with all the twists and turns. Man I've never seen a city where high school football engenders that kind of excitement, but we have it here.
Speaker 5: I mean, to put that many fans in an NFL stadium on an awful weather night, ye right, I mean that was the thing for me. It's they got what they got with everybody knowing that the you know, it was going to rain, it was going to be cold, and then for the number of fans to show up, I thought was awesome. You know, I was at the basketball game last night and I was kind of following the high school scores and I saw it was twenty seven to seven, and it felt like Elder was having their way with them. And then I got in the car and I turned on the sane X broadcast on Fox Sports thirteen sixty and the Bombers were about to punch it in to go up by eight points. Great rivalry, lots on the line, awesome events, and yeah, I mean, you think of all the cool things happening at sports here in town this weekend, A high school football game. It might not have taken center stage, but it certainly occupied a big part of that real estate.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, at least it was Iron eagle Worthy and tomorrow also, uh at uh, it's FC Cincinnati against Miami in the playoffs. I mean, Evander Messi, Uh does it? Does it get really bigger than that for soccer in this town?
Speaker 10: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure it gets bigger than that for soccer in Major League Soccer. I think the two best players in the league, you know, Messi. In any other year, Avanner would have been MVP of the league. But Lionel Messi had something to say about that. Evander was not the best player on the field though, for SC Cincinnati in the series against Columbus, and that has to change tomorrow.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, mo Egar, I wish you well have fun tonight at Bearcat's b YU and trying try and take a little bit of time off. Okay, thanksgivings coming up. I will the hardest working man in Tri State Radio, mo Egger. Right there, Counselor, how are you good? Fantastic? What a week we've gotten. Believe we've got senators and House members who were members of the military or the intelligence community suborning a military coup against President Trump. Why are they not in jail?
Speaker 24: I don't know, you know, why do they keep getting asking myself, and I mean this, what's next. I sure didn't see this coming. I don't think anybody else did. It is just unbelievable that they would do that, and there has to be consequences for this. I'm not sure what Trump's thinking about, but something has to happen with this.
Speaker 1: You know, the oath they.
Speaker 24: Take when they're sworn into the military specifically states I will obey all orders of the commander in cheap Now. Last time I checked that was Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump.
Speaker 24: These people are unbelievable, and if the American people let them get away with this, I don't know that there's a lot of hope.
Speaker 1: President Trump was the one on the right side of this when he said on his truth social sedition is punishable by death, and according to our constitution, which they're leaning on falsely for their claims, well, they had to pay the penalty. What's on the show today.
Speaker 24: It's tempting to say I'd like to see him in the dock with severe consequences, so to speak, or.
Speaker 1: At least public stuff. It's something has to be done, all right.
Speaker 24: Well, obviously in the rent we're going to be talking about this. Also at ten o'clock we've got Christopher Smithman, first time we've talked to Christopher since the election. I want to find out what's up with him and where he's going, what's next for him. Jason Williams of the Cincinnati Inquirer did a great op ed on what we were just talking about, Garry Jeff the Elder X game and how it was great to have it at Paul Keeps Paul Brown's Stad pay Course Stadium, and he kind of takes a jab at the county for not being flexible enough in having events like this. Then at eleven thirty, we're going to talk to Steve Gooden, who, in addition to being a civil attorney, spent a lot of years like I did in the one thirty fifth JAG Detachment. Steve knows a little bit about military law. We're going to be talking to him about that.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic Mike Allen, Saturday Midday, you heard it, and you'll hear it here first after the show show party, if you want to come and side and sit inside a bar and watch college football and have a few pops with us, we'd love to see you. They're slinging drinks for Hillbillies and others and all that thanks to Liam Tomlinson for showing up this morning eight fifty seven my uncontrollable movements called TD Turtle